Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three thirty five, Episode three.
Speaker 2: Of Third Daily's Gay Ye Prediction about heart Radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, to the podcast where we take a deep Davida Mary share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, April twenty fourth, twenty twenty four four two four two four four fourteen four.
Speaker 2: Folks, it's National bucket list Day. So why don't you cross something off that list? The image that is here to support the day looks very confusing, has like a sphinx and then what looks like an airline like someone hijacked a plane. Whatever. Look, dude, to do something that you blays want to do. Stop food waste Day, National Pigs in a blanket Day, and shout out to all the administrative professionals because it's your day, National administrative.
Speaker 1: National Administrative Officials Day. Professionals, professionals, Okay.
Speaker 2: The people who do the real work for management. I think it's really hope what we're saying there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to them. All I can say about my bucket list is swish, I get buckets.
Speaker 2: On my bucket list.
Speaker 1: I'm just knit getting bucket buckets off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we both crossed them off on our bucket list. We wanted both of our respective NBA teams to lose more dramatic, disgusting way possible. And we did it, folks, We did it anyway. Nuggets and four.
Speaker 1: My name's Jack O'Brien aka Soma is what they will take when solar eclipse.
Speaker 3: Happens, Matt leeb he is coming mats courtesy of my Virgo moon in reference to our eclipse at where we were.
Speaker 2: Talking about I could.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can remember the name of the drugs, but Soma is what the Greeks with, how they got.
Speaker 2: Down and parted someone's our pills.
Speaker 1: There's still pills.
Speaker 2: I mean I remember Soma's from high school. Oh ship, Yeah, people still the muscle relaxed or fire recall correctly from my high school pharmaceutical days, is it?
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's just like a pharmaceutical company like cam used that name like trademark that must have if it has something in common with the old ancient Greek So really.
Speaker 2: They still make them? Yeah, they still make them. They still make them under the grist. I can follow so much that joined by.
Speaker 1: Drug dealer who hangs out outside of middle school?
Speaker 2: How many you need?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 2: This dude is still some so much. What is it ninety eight?
Speaker 1: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Grab A Ka Yeah, the former Catholic school of street pharmacist Lord of Lancasham, the showgun with no gun, Miles Gray AKA for a.
Speaker 5: Subway tuna that will taste just fine, something full of turtles in.
Speaker 2: Save some time. Shout out lockerone for that one, you know on my love of subway tuna. Might have turtles in, it, might have yoga matt in, it doesn't matter, but we still love it, Dolby folks. We do, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: It's all about the texture. It doesn't matter. It's just bos from mats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine, it's fine. There's enough mail in it. Miles.
Speaker 1: We are thrilled to be joined in our third seats by one of our favorite middle school drug dealers, hilarious stand up comedian, actor, musician. You can listen to his podcast cole Brew Got Me Like anywhere. Fine podcasts are given away for free. Book The Vice King Anthology available anywhere fine books are sold. Yeah, the poetry window is open because it's Chris motherfucking Craft.
Speaker 2: I got my.
Speaker 5: AKA since nobody gives me any last time, Miles, you missed that just recently I had, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Make up my own akas now oh hell yeah, okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And she's by this stairway to Chris Crofting.
Speaker 2: A whole lot of Chris Crompton, a lot of Chris Crompton. There we go, Oh my god, go to your one more for you.
Speaker 5: I got one more for you because Miles back and I haven't done a show with Miles in a while.
Speaker 2: Give him a special one. Then through the desert on a horse named Chris Crofton. There you go. I think those are the original lyrics for some studio notes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like I got an a ka, no one gives me any, but there, there you go.
Speaker 1: There they are.
Speaker 2: They're beautiful.
Speaker 1: Well it's not like you're a poet and songwriter singer songwriter, right, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Almost forgot Thank you for pointing that out.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big Neil Young guy, but that is the one Neil Young song that I really like. Yeah, I figured I figured this is the duo. It'd be like, hey, guys, I've never spoke to Neil Young before. What do you good?
Speaker 5: Oh than that, it's not Neil Young's it's goddamn America.
Speaker 2: It just sounded like it's very, very forgiving of that. Miles is like, let's start the show over. Yeah no, I mean that that's just I mean that shows you how little I fucked with Neil Young, because I'm yeah, that one Neil Young song that ain't.
Speaker 1: One Now that one is actually good, you know, like Harvest.
Speaker 2: That's the best.
Speaker 1: I definitely thought that was a Neil Young song for most of my childhood. But I'm not a child anymore, am I? Miles?
Speaker 2: Okay, now hold on, man, let me play some rap music. I could turn the tables on, you know, stuff with that. But yeah, no, that's so funny. Wait, so this is the thing that people at the time. Was it meant to be like, hey, let's let's kind of fucking ride the Neil Young wave to the charts. Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think they were blatant, right, Yeah, I think so. I think they were basically like, you know that Neil Young fuck is a Canadian. Well we're America, right, okay, and we're gonna we're gonna sing Neil Young songs for Americans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to know all you need to know? Did I think it was Neil Young just because it sounds like Neil Young, exactly like Neil Young. Okay, all right, I'm like, am I that fucking off? Like you're gonna take all this out?
Speaker 1: I don't give He's never been wrong about anything. In a final cut of the episode.
Speaker 2: They're gonna actually edit it. So I said that it was Young, Oh my god, Jack, you didn't know it was America. You should totally do that on perfect. I love that Neil Young song. I've always thought that is my favorite band.
Speaker 1: I'm a child. But did you also think that? Did you also think the Steelers Wheel song the Left a Joker to the Ray was Bob Dylan?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I never had. I think if you asked me and you played it, I would have probably said that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were actually making fun of Bob Dylan when they recorded that. So I love that, and it's like their only hit. They're like, hey, Bob Dylan, this is you. That's the way you sound like, idiot, and then this is your only good song man.
Speaker 5: This America was a band that uh fucking what's his name? George Martin produced after the Beatles. Oh really, yeah, I don't know why, though, I've wondered about America, Like, I don't think anyone, well, what do I know? Maybe maybe people did accuse them of being a Neil Young knockoff, but I can see where you think that was a Neil Young song. And uh, I don't know why George Martin really got involved got involved with them.
Speaker 2: They're good band, but I mean, I guess I don't know. But I was the UK based because even though they were americcause they were all I'm reading they were all Air Force brats in England and that's how they met.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, I don't know, but I just know that you all you need to know about the boomers and having a wide open economy compared to now is you you could name your band America.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was available, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right easy. Yeah, So I named my band America. We had a smash single. I was able to use that money to buy the entire state of Kentucky, and uh the real estate was cheap. And now I'm basically royalty.
Speaker 2: What's your band called with Chicago? What about you, Boston? That's what's let's fucking talk about privilege.
Speaker 5: Now, kids gotten in their bands like Capital all capitals, you know, naa Jabba one being like Jabba. What's Jabba? He's a singer songwriter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like Neil Young, Yeah, yeah, but doesn't have any of the bowels in.
Speaker 2: It, except he's called Jabba. How can you have the name Jabba with no vowels? That's kind of wild. That's jb And you're like, it's pronounced jaba, bro, And what kind of misic do you do?
Speaker 5: That sounds like John Denver, Yeah, pretty.
Speaker 2: Much another person who named themselves after a Come.
Speaker 5: On, wow, guy, the economy was wide open. Hey, you want to dig a you want to dig a gold mine? Or name your vand America Either one's open gold mine right there or.
Speaker 2: I don't know who owns that way and go ahead knock yourself out.
Speaker 1: We're just not sure. We didn't we didn't check the cards, but go for it. I don't see anyone there right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And if they're not, no take backsies, No take backsies. Chris. We're thrilled to have you here.
Speaker 1: We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about today. There's a new there's a new theory coming out of the rate about what's going on with Donald Trump at his trial, why he keeps going to sleep and all that stuff allegedly not Yeah, that's one fake news.
Speaker 2: So we're going to talk about that.
Speaker 1: It feels like they're trying a tactic that was used by the mafia for men years whenever they would stand to trial. So we'll talk about that. And NASA's voyage or one probe has finally been unscrambled to start making sense again. It stopped making sense like the talking heads. It's making sense again. All right, good, So that's good. I just want to make as many late seventies early eighties music references as I possibly can please. All right, but before we get to any of that shit, Chris Crofton, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna do change it up. I'm gonna tell you what something something real. I'm gonna tell you something like well not real. But you know, I'm not gonna tell you about like a humans documentary or come on, but you know we should still check that out. But I've been googling pulmonary nodule ever since I broke my shoulder in January. I broke my shoulder in January and the ice and then when they X rayed it, they found well, they thought was a bruise on my lung from like when I hit the steps. I slipped on my front steps and one one stare broke my rib and the other stare broke my shoulder. And when I when they did the x ray, you know, so I was like, the doctor gave me morphine and he said, you don't need surgery. And then he asked me why I was in a good mood. I think I've been through through this with you guys.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But he asked me why I was such a He said, you, I don't understand your affect. Yeah, he was like, you seem too happy.
Speaker 2: AI powered medical bot. I do not understand your because you were on morphine.
Speaker 5: That's what I told him. I said, well, you gave me morphine. And also just this isn't like I broke my hip in twenty eighteen and that was fucking so this is.
Speaker 2: Not a broken hips.
Speaker 5: I'm already like in a decent like I'm walking around, you know, my arm's in a sling, but who cares compared to that anyway. So then he's like, oh, yeah, and by the way, we found this pulmonary nodule. And then all of a sudden everything went you know. I was like, oh God, what the hell's that? You know, you hear pulmonary. You don't have pulmonary ever, you don't want to hear pulmonary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then like he.
Speaker 5: Was like, oh, well, they're normally you know, they might be it might be nothing. You have a thirteen millimeter pulmonary nodule. It's just like a little growth in your lung and you should have it checked. So then I was like spun out for like a couple of days and then yeah, but I couldn't get an appointment with a pomonologist until well, at first they offered May, so I was like, well, and then they found a person who could see me in March, so that still gave me a couple of months.
Speaker 1: So I just sort of like spin out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I did forget about it eventually because I googled it and it was like most pulmonary nondeles eighty five percent of them or nothing scar tissue from previous illnesses or whatever it is, but you usually non malignant but there they prefer to be the non malignant ones, like you're looking at hopefully five millimeters eight millimeters. Thirteen was a little big, but still it was like most of these are nothing. So I kind of put it out of my mind because it was a couple months and I really did, which is a testament to like fucking therapy and zoloft, because it was the old days. Like if it was when I was younger, before I addressed my real anxiety that or I don't know anyway, I would have worried down, stopped those whole two months. So the fact that I was even able to go back to my regular life was was was kind of nice. And then and then when I went to get it, I got went to the doctor.
Speaker 2: They did, they did.
Speaker 5: He said, yeah, you have a thirteen million millimeters thing, and we gotta look. We gotta look at it, you know, because it's kind of big. You know, it's not you know, it's not huge, but he's like, we gotta look at it.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna do a pet scan.
Speaker 5: So a pet scan is like you you know, it's a cancer. Generally, it's a cancer test to see if like sort of nodules and things are active, like you want it to be dead, you want it to be scar tish, you want you want it to be not active, right, right.
Speaker 2: So I so I go.
Speaker 5: And get the pet scan and they put die in your arm and stuff, and I don't mind that stuff because like I wasn't parented properly. So like when I went the doctor, I feel like I'm finally like getting some I really actually.
Speaker 2: Really yes, I really do. I really do. You guys are laughing. That's too hard to laugh and that hard at that. Dude, we were just talking before. I was like, you're gonna fucking say some bummers ship.
Speaker 5: But I let into this Miles, Miles and Miles like I was telling Miles beforehand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has been quite a couple of months for me. It really has. It's been.
Speaker 5: It's been the worst few months of my life. But I'm so happy now though. I mean, I got through.
Speaker 2: It, and so then they did the scan and then they're like, all it's you're all clear.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no, That's why I'm going through the going through the scary version. So I go to get the pet scan and I feel great because I like people like touching.
Speaker 2: Me and stuff. You know, like putting things in my arms to like I will get a haircut just to have somebody touch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels good. It's something. There's something really wrong about that. Miles looks like he was parted correctly.
Speaker 1: That's because fucking squinting and really yucking on this one.
Speaker 2: I was never in to I didn't know Jack. I would be more. I would be so much more affectionate with you in person. Man, You know I love give you a little between the shoulder blades, a little because every time every time I hugged jack he he releases the hug first. That's how I know. Say I release a black dye, forms a cloud around man, then I that I'm blinded. Moments that I retreat.
Speaker 1: But every time I hugged Jackie at least a cloud of black guys.
Speaker 2: Are you breaking into aquariums again? That's what it is, all right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: That's like an Irish person hugging an Irish person like they've never been touched till they went.
Speaker 2: To the freeze.
Speaker 5: You go to the barber, Yeah, the first time you ever touched, you go to the barber.
Speaker 2: I went to a barber once. You ever going to a barber.
Speaker 5: Where they give you the whole treatment with the hot towel and everything. Yeah, and then like an Irish guy doesn't know what to do. You know, I'm like, am I supposed to be able to moan? Am I supposed to go?
Speaker 2: Barb was in love with me? Daddy, here this fool goes again. He's probably can go to the barber and be like, Yo, this barber is down to fucking go out with me. I'm pretty sure Barbar is down to fun. Barbara said was different than the other customers that come here.
Speaker 5: Every name Barbar's down to fuck. But I never come. I was talking to Miles before this, or just about a time on the show, and I.
Speaker 2: Let's clarify one thing I do. Come on PET scans anyway.
Speaker 5: So I got back back to PT scans, so I got I got the.
Speaker 2: Results sent to me in a portal.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, Well the doctor looked at him. So I look at the portal and I've got the labs. But I'm not a doctor, so I'm like, well they must not. They wouldn't send them to me if they're bad, Like, they wouldn't send me bad news for me to look at before the doctor, would they well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would. So it says active.
Speaker 5: It says activity, it says concerning, it says all this, all this horrible stuff. So that's when I'm like, oh my god. Then the doctor calls me the next day and he's like, yeah, there's the two things lit up. The nodule lit up, and the and the and the lymph node nearby lit up. So I'm like, okay, I'm dead, you know. But he was like, this is not necessarily cancer. He's like it cancer is one of the things it could be, but there's a lot of other things it could be. But we're gonna do a broncoscaby. So two weeks ago, two days before I was on the show, I had the broncoscope. And the reason I was in a good Enough.
Speaker 4: Movie the day Blake episode days before Chris, but I got I had just gotten good news in the sense that they did the broncoscopy, which is a big deal.
Speaker 5: I full anesthesia in debated needle down the throat with a camera to take it. He took a biopsy of the of the lymph node and the and the nodule. And then but then when I was in recovery, the doctor said like right after I woke up. The doctor comes in and gives you, talks to you, which is insane by itself because I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What he said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he's like, he said, your lungs look fine. He's like, they look good because I told him he used to smoke a lot. It's like they looked really fine, he said. And what I saw did not look like did not look like cancer to me. And then everyone said, oh, if that's if they said that, that means that it's it's probably not because they would not say that. They're like doctors don't say so I felt much better and that's why I was able to do the show. And then and then and then on Monday, they called me last last Monday, so like whatever it was, though what days today, I don't even know he's there.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was day last Monday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So like that day I got a call and they said, you don't have cancer, fuck dude, And they said I didn't need anything. They said, what you have is histoplasmosis, which then I googled that. So first I've been googling pulmonary nodule over and over and watching YouTube videos about pulmonary nodice, which turns out there's fit tons of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, and you're gonna find them and watch all of them. And I'm sure that didn't help it. Oh yeah, that's all I watched.
Speaker 5: I went from abandoned minds to pulmonary nodules in a flash and U and then and then I went to uh, yeah, histoplasmosis, which is something from a like the environment, like an allergen that turns into a little infection. And they said, you don't need to do anything. But then I got so I went from thinking I had cancer to nothing, like, you don't need to do anything, you're fine, and then I just like went kind of felt kind of insane. Yeah, man, anyway, so I'm all, I'm all better. And just to say, like if you do get if you're over fifty and uh, god.
Speaker 1: Forbid and you and I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean, you know, and I'm a hair over fifty.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, fifty five, but you know that's just that's a hair, that's a little roundings a couple of hairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not that far into them.
Speaker 5: And then uh, you should probably get a cat an X ray or cat scan. You're supposed to get a cat scan every year. No one knows that ship and no one will do it. But if you used to smoke, the thing is, this is the way they find lung cancer. So I would have been lucky because lungs don't have nerve endings in them. I did not know that. So when you get lung cancer, the reason they find it's usually stage four is because that's when you start feel affecting other thing. You can't breathe, whatever, that stuff. But the most lung cancer they catch early is through these other.
Speaker 2: Events like breaking your shoulders.
Speaker 5: So you know, no one's just just in general, like, if you're over fifty and you used to smoke a lot, you might want to get an occasional cat scan, which, of course you know if you have an extra couple of thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just have.
Speaker 1: I actually have a built in one, so I'll just start doing doing them more often.
Speaker 5: There we need to do home cat scans. These things do not look like complicated. My brother said, you look at those machines. He's like, you know they're paid for.
Speaker 2: Have you seen I just saw a video recently of one that was outside of like it's shielding firing up and you're really, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Then it's like a transformer, like transforming in a Michael Bay film.
Speaker 2: And once it that shit really starts like rotating, you're like, holy shit, dude, this thing like has like the power to move. Oh so it's worth the money. I mean, yeah, you're making money on this thing.
Speaker 5: I looked at it when I was in there, and you know, of course, when you're in there, they're like, we're just going to do one more cat scan and you're like, oh, but uh, you know, like are you sure, like how much you know, how much does it cost? They should have a thing like on a gas you know, on a gas thing where you can see the money.
Speaker 2: The money going up right every rotation. You're not giving me another cat's skin. I don't care what I got.
Speaker 1: There was a when I went to the Kentucky Derby one time there was a house just like a private house that had an ATM machine in its yard by like right by the thing. And I've always that changed the way I like thought, I was like, what if like you could just like open a private shop like or a private like ATM whatever you wanted, Like, what if you could just have a cat scan at your house. That like people were like, oh yeah, you go buy this dude's house and get your get your lungs check.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, he's he's not a tech so he can't make sense of it, but he will send it to a doctor, send it to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in a portal, and you can look at it.
Speaker 2: It's in his backyard. Is look at this thing, fucking go. This is a cat scan machine firing up like uncovered. Oh my god. Yeah, and it's like barely getting fired up. Now what does it look like? Jack?
Speaker 1: It looks like the large hay drunk collider, Like I what I imagine the large hay drunk collider.
Speaker 5: Looks like the inside is completely full of clock radios.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like like a window, a window AC unit or something. Yeah, they put a bunch of decommissioned clock radios in a Yeah, translucent corded telephones that think it doesn't it doesn't, Yes, it does not. It doesn't look that complicated.
Speaker 1: But we're surrounded by technological miracles and we're just like, could you make it quieter? It's too loud?
Speaker 2: Jack? Kind of annoying to me.
Speaker 5: Jack O'Brien's smog tests can scan scan.
Speaker 2: At m keys made and legal services and legal service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that there is that one service the people who like witness you sign a document.
Speaker 2: The notary public like that one.
Speaker 1: Is just like a dude who walks around with some papers and like pulls up to your house, you know.
Speaker 2: So like I.
Speaker 5: Feel like, yeah, I feel like we should have more.
Speaker 1: Of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great bullshit job. Fucking notaries. Yeah, they make good money those ship. Yeah, fuck those guys. Let's uh, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: And I wonder how how often they're just asked repeating people, Oh you think you're better than me, well because I sign this in front of you and means.
Speaker 5: Something or are they all drunk and parties and like people are like can you notarize this? They're like, I'm not really supposed.
Speaker 2: To the notaries, Like, I mean, to be fair, Without my stamp, this isn't going to be an authenticated legal document. Go, oh, it's you're a tough guy. We got them real drunk. Wow, but to choke you out, choke out the notary.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back and Chris crofton, we do like to ask, I guess if there's something you think is underrated.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think it's underrated. A couple of things that are underrated. First of all, it's underrated that more people aren't talking about the fact that I'm going on a short tour with Neil Hamburger in motion, which is why I wanted to. Well, I asked Justin or Victor if I could come on the show so I could talk about it. And this is the good news that you're looking for.
Speaker 2: Miles. Yes, please me, because I I don't want to laugh at your misfortune. And I know I really, I really have. I've talked about it in a bunch on Colebrew.
Speaker 5: Got me like like I've been really it's but it's made it. It's made it an interesting show. But it is like a little bit darker than usual. You know, it's not about Bigfoot as much, not all Bigfoot. It's not all big Foot in Billy Squire like.
Speaker 2: Normal drop the big beat. That's Billy Squire, right, that is Billy Squire. Yea, that's Neil. That's a hip hop Sam Young, Neil Young joint.
Speaker 5: If I've ever heard one, oh ship Neil so uh, Neil Hamburger and me are gonna I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: I can't find the damn site, but you.
Speaker 5: Can't find the stupid and this whole reason, I'm like, I scheduled the show so I could be like, yeah, fuck it, I'll I'm not gonna promote it. So Wednesday, May fifteenth and Sioux Falls.
Speaker 1: At Icon at the Icon Event Hall. Yes, certainly, Wow, oh you already do you know what that is? I'm just looking at make.
Speaker 2: You that out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh, Claire Wisconsin, the Plus on the sixteenth, on the seventeenth, Milwaukee at the Laughing Tap and uh, Saint Paul on the eighteenth at the Turf Club, And I think one of those nights, like I think the Saint Paul want maybe we're doing two shows that night.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: So that's super exciting, And I'm gonna book a show here in town. You know, I haven't done stand up in a while, and I really like it, you know, yeah, And I'm every time.
Speaker 2: I do shows, I feel better.
Speaker 5: So I mean, just in light of these last few months, because you know myles, you know my mom got bitten by the cat?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: No, Okay, did I talk about that on the last show?
Speaker 1: Jack, I don't think, so your mom got bitten by the cat.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, and she almost died.
Speaker 5: So for the month before this pulmonary nodule, for a whole month, my mother was in the hospital a month, three hospitals, and I took her, We all took her from hospital to hospital. Because of this healthcare system is just detranged, and and every time a doctor leaves the room, another doctor comes in who doesn't know anything about anything.
Speaker 2: It just says, so, what's going on in here? And I was like, over and over all day long, I just knew. People come in and go, well, it looks like she why is your mom here?
Speaker 5: She looks fine, and you're like, well, because of this, and they're like, oh shit, good things, she's here.
Speaker 2: And then they're like see you later. And someone else comes in, Oh shit, fucking crazy.
Speaker 5: And I think it's because and this happens in the business world.
Speaker 2: Now, you guys might know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if iHeart has this thing where you don't put things in notes, like you don't write things down for legal reasons, so doctors don't. Since doctors are sort of like independent contractors, they don't want.
Speaker 2: To leave a paper trail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they won't communicate because they don't want to put anything in writing because if they have been writing and they misdiagnosed, then it's so.
Speaker 2: I think fear of lawsuits.
Speaker 5: Basically has made it this really surreal experience to be in the hospital because you're not getting all the information and you don't know why, and you don't know why people aren't communicating anyway. So my mom almost died from her own cat biting her, and and she's back home.
Speaker 1: There is an infection that came.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we should have just made this whole show. Yeah, I should have from the top. Everything should have been underrated cat bites, overrated cat bites, Internet search cat bites. The cat cat have have crazy bacteria and they're just exotic. They're animals, you know, I guess you know what they're they're they're they're they're you know, they're they're they're. They have just different kind of bacteria than we have. We have bacteria stomachs and stuff. They have kind of wild bacteria, you know, or wild compared to ours.
Speaker 2: No whatever, I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't know.
Speaker 5: He just got hung up in some looper. He just kept saying wild bacteria and then the show ended. They said they ended the show early, and then I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: The only thing I learned was that Jack didn't know that horse with No Name wasn't a Neil Young. Oh my god, I like that. That's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 5: In the editing, though, Miles just said, I don't give a ship.
Speaker 2: I want to isolate it. Maybe it was just the only thing they'll know it to be a fucking ten minute episode, or I'm like that ship not Neil Young. Wait, so anyway, the wild ass bacteria.
Speaker 1: By the way, Miles and I have such a brain fuse that I was about to mention that that song was confused with a Neil Young song frequently by people before he mentioned that he thought.
Speaker 2: That it was a song. Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, So we complete each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys have completed each other on zoom.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking about how long, like we were talking about somehow loneliness was I don't know where, Like we're talking about the cat bite Chris, So yeah, I thought were talking about loneliness.
Speaker 2: So in a second, So the cat bite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, just if you get bitten by your cat severely, especially on a joint if they really bite you, not a scratch, like you know, scratches are even you might get infected. But this is if a cat really penetrates, they're like there their their fangs are like they really inject their bacteria deep in there. And and then if you don't get it looked at, you can it can be It became something very serious.
Speaker 2: We waited three days.
Speaker 5: Before she went to the hospital. She felt okay, and then she couldn't. Then she hit her foot was swollen and couldn't she couldn't walk, and so she had to go to the hospital. And then it was just intervenous antibiotics. And then just like sort of shooting in the dark at what intervenous antibiotic was going to work. And each intervene is intervenous antibiotics give you like really bad stomach problems. And yeah, it's just it's just a really bad thing. My mom's eighty two. So it's just like you don't want just get you get bitten by your cat, you know, you know.
Speaker 2: Just just get it looked at. That's all.
Speaker 5: It's a serious if it's a serious bite. But anyway, I'm going on tour with Neil Hamburger so so that's.
Speaker 2: All the under editing. My mom's back home. My mom's back.
Speaker 5: And what's overrated is overrated. Let me see, I had a few things here, just a few overrated as a coach.
Speaker 1: Ella, come on, man, you weren't you obviously weren't in the house tent.
Speaker 2: All right, let me do a different one week the house music. You weren't in the house You clearly weren't in the house tent. Man. That ship was awesome. You weren't in Gobi or mohave, my guy.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what it is, but I just think it's something about something about just I think it's a psyop.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's something to do with it's not it's not music. There's nothing to do with music.
Speaker 5: It's something to do with the church of celebrity that has something to do with worshiping avatars, has nothing to do with fucking music. Calling that music festivals like calling the pentagon of.
Speaker 2: House tent exactly, or Horse with No Name a Neil Young song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And uh, the other thing is nutpods. I drank some kind of coffee called nut pods that I found at Kroger yesterday. I was out of col Brew and I got some Nutpods because I thought it would give me ten minutes of content for Colbrew. Got me like just to even review it, and it it's just really nasty.
Speaker 2: I don't pod even it's a coffee.
Speaker 5: It's called nut Pods cold Brew, but it's it's it's a it's it. Nutpods is their patented creamer. But their patented creamer is just some kind of greasy coconut milk guar gum mass.
Speaker 2: I mean I looked it up.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like it says Nutpods, you know, they're just like nut Pods, like it's a mysterious substance.
Speaker 2: But you can look at the ingredients.
Speaker 1: And it's just such a creamer that decided to brew its own fucking nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, anyway, just I mean, I don't want to put them out of business or anything, but watch Out.
Speaker 2: This show has that careful and careful, careful with the power you wield watch Out, you know, watch Out.
Speaker 5: That's it, and that's that's I don't know if that yeah, that's that covers it all right.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody who went to Coachella this year.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: Producer Bay went oh yeah, that's right. They did go to coach Olla. I haven't talked to them since they went, though, Yeah, yeah, we got to ask, we got to ask how it went. But for the most part, it was pretty quiet felt I mean, well, it's it's it's it's it's dying a slow death at this point, like if the interest has began to wane ever since, like you know, it came back from the pandemic, were like ah, and then the last.
Speaker 2: Couple of years it's taken more and more time for it to like sell out. And I think it's just because it's I don't know, it's have you guys been lost It's Lester. Yeah, I used to go when I was in my twenties. I used to go a lot. Oh really yeah, yeah yeah, And it was a fun fucked dude. I was just getting so fucked up and like getting just wrecked in the sun that I didn't know what was going on. I don't know, Like, yeah, I can remember like three performances per festival, Like I remember being in front for jay Z and I peed my pants because I didn't want to go. Like I was at the front of the stage and I didn't want to go all the way to the Portapo. Yeah, so I just pissed my pants. So I was like, this is one of my favorite rappers, and I'm like and I and before that, I watched at the drive in play. Yeah, but anyway, look right, But for me, like once the lineup started being like me being less and less familiar, and also just like the cost of it too, Like when I was in my twenties and like I only had to like I lived at home with my mom. I could put all of my like you know, you know, work money to be like I'm going to like goateella and then I don't have insurance, you know, Like that was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did that stuff. It was just different, you know. It was like a Lolla balooza.
Speaker 2: You know, you go Lalla.
Speaker 5: Baloosa in the nineties and I don't remember anything. I remember just like barfing and you know, seeing glimpses of the smashing pumpkins.
Speaker 2: Right right right. Yeah. I was so hungover. I was too hungover.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't have been allowed to buy tickets to anything because they always were anyway, so.
Speaker 1: Much my life prior to age thirty five was spent like too hungover to enjoy anything. I was just like, oh, I feel fucking terrible always.
Speaker 2: Yeah at the time, me too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even I went all the way to my forty one when I'm when I like eat too much, like too late or something, I'm like reminded of that feeling, and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh wow, it's this could be a whole.
Speaker 2: Different like my oldest enemy. Yeah, Jesus.
Speaker 5: I went to the Tibetan Freedom Concert in you know, which was which was like should have been like the greatest day ever, you know, but I spent the whole day barfing. I mean I saw little bits of the Beastie Boys, and but I mean most of the time I was just like kidding myself, like go to an all day festival. I mean, that's not gonna be about music. That's just gonna be about, you know, getting fucked up, like so fucked yeah, I mean in the sun, yeah, the sun, you know, taking somas.
Speaker 2: I know about the sun. They so much, so much, dude, getting ripped off nut pods. Yeah, they hadn't invented nutpods. It was all folgers.
Speaker 5: I couldn't even get coffee at the fucking that's things have gotten better that way. That's the only thing like at the refreshment whatever you call it now bar or whatever at the concert, that's better, right. You never get a couple of coffee back then people laugh in your face. You want a beer or a beer, right, you know?
Speaker 2: Or you want and whiskey. Yeah, you want orange drink? Yeah, you want orange drink, a hot dog or a beer, you idiot. I was wondering if you had any coffee. Get out of here, get get coffee.
Speaker 5: It's a fucking cop We sell cartons of cigarettes, brass knuckles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and hula hoops. Saw for some reason, they're in jail caps. They look like pills to deal with the puke.
Speaker 5: I got coffee at a Bruce Springsteen concert, and I just think that was funny. I got that when I went to like a few years ago, and I was like, this is an improvement. I think maybe the maybe the universe does bend toward justice.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does, underd oh.
Speaker 5: But seriously, like you try and get coffee. To imagine the coffee you would get at a Bruce Springsteen concert in.
Speaker 2: Like nineteen seventy eight. It's not we brewed it this morning, yeah right, it was really us three months ago. Let me check the bono maadic.
Speaker 1: Yeah for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yep, you ever tape? You ever drink coffee at a movie? No? I just went to a movie last night, I am. But did you drink coffee?
Speaker 5: Some some lady was there did and she said you put popcorn salted?
Speaker 2: I by a mistake. Oh god, hello, that's some content. Hello. I asked for her number. You want to talk about quick? We talked a little bit about that. I said, popcorn salt, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: And then then there's a lull and then I you know, yeah, had a taste.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that must have been nuts. Just now you did have just no way, Oh my god, like just now, oh wow? Someone behind you like, hey, she said she put fucking popcorn on coffee. Okay, well I'm not supposed to react to that. Oh my god. No one gives a shit about this movie.
Speaker 1: But I like coffee. I love movies.
Speaker 2: I don't like mixing them. For so I've tried.
Speaker 1: I've tried multiple times, and I've never had a good experience with coffee at a movie.
Speaker 2: Well nighttime, yeah right, Or you're just used to drinking for me, it's like you're always I'm always used to drinking a cold soda like in a movie. Yes, I think I.
Speaker 1: Think it's that the warm popcorn and soda.
Speaker 2: Try and iced coffee next time, Jack.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's also not nice to the people behind the counter sometimes because it's not really like a popular thing. So every time I've ever seen anybody order coffee the theater, they say, we got to brew a new pot, and yeah, you know, I feel like it's like it's dividing line between you know, nice people and not nice people, and you know people that got Last night, there was a guy at the theater who ordered coffee and.
Speaker 2: They said, like they always say, they're.
Speaker 5: Like, well, we're gonna have to brew a pot then, and he was like, that's fine, that's even that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Sounds better bother me in the least, go ahead, And well it just takes a long time.
Speaker 2: That's okay, I have time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a lot of work. Cool sounds like, sounds like it's gonna be really tasty.
Speaker 5: It's like when you work at wait, yeah, you work at some restaurant that serves like normal food and then a milkshake for some reason, someone orders a.
Speaker 2: Milkshake murder you know.
Speaker 7: Yeahah, milkshake Chinese restaurant, you piece of ship. My uncle put that on the menu. You know where the ice creams walking?
Speaker 2: It's on the tops. We haven't made milk. Where does it say milkshake on there? Fuck's still that waiter. Like I was, Chris.
Speaker 5: Oh Man, I was good, but you know I would go make the damn milkshake. But god damn, people are fucking monsters. They'll be like, yeah, I have one.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Yeah, you try and communicate all the ways. I don't care. What shell the fucking ice creams on. I want one, Yeah, and I want it now. God damn it.
Speaker 1: Just standing on a stool or something.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, Uh, let's take you a quick break. We'll come back. We'll hit a couple of news stories. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Classic and we're back.
Speaker 2: We'reags.
Speaker 1: Stand on a stool, stand on a stool, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Tag stand on a stool, stand on a stool, all right? Hashtag Neil Young, Neil Young.
Speaker 1: So just a quick roundup of some Trump news. Yeah, so you don't get too bogged down here. And because we don't have a ton of time, we'll just we'll just.
Speaker 2: Rip through all right, where do we start. He's spent over seventy six million dollars in legal fees, and the main account that he's been using to fund all this is down to only a couple million. So people are like, oh, he's gonna have to start using the rnc's money. But I don't. I feel like so many these headlines are written in a way to be like they're coming home to roost soon. It's like he's always gonna find fucking millions of dollars in the couch cushions.
Speaker 5: Shit has been coming home to roost for fucking eight years.
Speaker 1: I know, I know this is the one that's gonna get him credit all Maggie Haberman, your father went out for cigarettes and Maggie Haberman tunes.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I think he's pretty upset. I don't know, I know him pretty well. Yes, he's upset. He's this time.
Speaker 1: Jack seems so mad at me. That's a real story. Yeah, you so mad at me? Like you should have seen the look he was being such a bitch to me his self.
Speaker 2: Hanner was just dripping off of his chinnel.
Speaker 5: Someone should make a fucking TV show about the Maggie Haberman Trump romance.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that'll be a great show. It could be done pretty quick. Knew I knew how to make a show.
Speaker 5: I was about to say if I knew how to make a show, but then you just figured it out for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just put it into co pilot and be like, uh yeah, let me give me a three acts structured romance.
Speaker 5: This is what I'm gonna put in Haberman Trump Love Murder.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do it. Hand had gliding here you go. Hang gliding is what was gonna be my next cogestion. Yeah, and like whatever, it doesn't matter. Skuy's limit. Let AI figure it out.
Speaker 1: They is the limit with hang lidding.
Speaker 2: And speaking of limited consequences, there's a lot of reports about how Trump's like violated his gag order, like at least ten times in the last month, and like prosecutors like, oh, are you gonna fucking do it is a contemptive court, a fucking real thing. It doesn't seem like it is. So that's a big shock. Turns out gag orders are suggestions, yeah, merely like yeah, like traffic signals and suggestion like yeah. But then also his polling number numbers continue to tread downward with independence but we're still seven months out, so we'll see what's happening. Uh, there's that. But the real fun part is Jesse Waters recently he had to cope hard with the fact that Trump just looks so withered in court, like, and there's all this talk about he's going to be fucking in charge of that courtroom, and he's just been like tiny, little sleepy like rip band winkled in the courtroom. So, you know, Jesse Waters, with his gigantic brain, was like, I actually have a counterpoint as to why Donald Trump like fucking shouldn't be having to stand trial. And here it is. And but the guy needs exercise.
Speaker 7: He's usually golfing, And so you're gonna put a man who's almost steady sitting in a room like this on his butt for all that time.
Speaker 2: It's not healthy. You know how big of a health nut I am. He needs sunlight, and.
Speaker 3: He needs activity, he needs to be walking.
Speaker 2: Around, he needs action.
Speaker 1: It's really cruel and unusual punishment to make a man do that. And anytime he moves, they threaten to throw him in prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool and unusual punishment is making being unhoused a crime. That's that's that's cool if we're talking about the eighth Amendment here. But I get it. But I guess Trump is too old then, is what you're saying. Yeah, to be sitting there.
Speaker 1: They're trying the like I had. I had this thought when the reports first started coming in that he kept like falling asleep and farting up the courtroom, that like he might be trying to project an air of incompetence, like like the legal sense of incompetence, like incompetence stand trial sort of thing, because that's an old mafia tactic. Trump is trained in the like mafia, you know, art of doing battle from you know, his early days, and like that's that's what the mafia would always do. Whenever like a a capo or a don would like stand trial, they would frequently be like, oh, yeah, he's lost his marbles out lingering. I think it's yeah, but like that was Uncle June did that in sopranos. Yeah, Junior corrado soprano.
Speaker 5: Robe that there's a famous one. I think it was Vincent Gigante or used to wear the bathrobe. This is mob fact ship. Remember we talked about mob.
Speaker 2: That like New York Mob footage YouTube.
Speaker 5: To watch most of my fucking I'm watching footage of fucking mobsters faking be insane on the streets of New York in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 2: Grainy footage. Baby, Yeah, I know, ma lingering. When I see it, I see more compos I've seen more coppos and worn out robes shuffling down the street. And I see more coppos than a guitar shop. I guess you call it a capo. That's for my music heads out there. But like, I guess it is funny because like truly to fit the standard of like incompetency to stand trial, you have to show mental like you're mentally incompetent, too mentally incompetent to stand trial. But it's like, are they trying to thread the most elegant needle, like too incompetent to stand trial, but competent enough to be the most powerful person on earth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, weird, weird line to try and draw where you're like, this guy just needs to be out running around like a golden retriever. He needs sunlight and like a yard that he can run around.
Speaker 2: He need golf, yeah, or he'll.
Speaker 5: Waters Man Jesse Waters went to Trinity too. By the way, Trinity College in Hartford, where I went, and so did Tucker Carlson classmates, they turn out a diverse group.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, what a fucking combo, Tucker Carlson, Jesse Waters Crofton.
Speaker 5: Tucker was my classmate, and I knew Tucker in college. Wow, that's true. I've told you that before. Yeah, but yeah, but I never knew Jesse Waters even much younger. But but same, you know. I mean, I just think the colleges, I don't know, they should have you tell.
Speaker 2: Us you were Tucker Carlson's classmate, like passing. Yeah, yeah, I definitely told you. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I I knew him to say hi. He was not like super well known on campus or anything. He was just seemed like an average rich kid, you know, like most of the kids who went to Trinity were. We're like people who were just stopping off at college because it was the next step to whatever job their dad had.
Speaker 2: Sort of set up for him.
Speaker 5: I ended up there because my college counselor was just like, you got the this is the best school you got into. So I was like, I was just eighteen and drunk and I didn't know. So I was like, okay, I'll go yeah, you know. And then I went there and I was like, what is this? You know, wasn't he rowing boats?
Speaker 2: About boat? What was the main thing you have to do.
Speaker 5: Before you get rich is row boats around?
Speaker 2: What is kind of weird? Yeah? On board?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's really the weird culture of the rich people, you know, where you have to go to college and smoke pot and row boats and then you get to get your dad's job and then you just go you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, manual labor. Yeah, this is weird.
Speaker 5: Anyway, it's a weird culture. And Tucker was just another He had a signet ring.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 5: He just looked like the rich. Yeah, like all those kids had gold rings with their initials on them. I just remember that was something that I didn't have, you know, so I noticed, you noticed. It was fun to be there because I got all this anger, you know that I kept with me, you know, for the rest of my life. And that's where it fed into you know, Fugazi and all the things I love, like ended up being like things I got sort of channeled too because I had to try and be a punk rocker at Trinity College, which is like completely insane. That's like not what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to go to art school where there's other punk rockers. You're not supposed to try to be a punk rockery college.
Speaker 2: But that's what I did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like it makes no sense, Like you know, what are you doing here? You know, I'm like I'm doing my I'm taking it down from the inside. I'm taking it down from the inside.
Speaker 2: Place else to go.
Speaker 5: You're you're paying, but you're paying for it, you know, because my dad just give me anyway.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. But yeah, I knew Tucker in college. He was a jerk.
Speaker 5: He I found out from other people who knew him better that he was racist. Then his dad used to send him John Birch Society stuff in the mail which he would read that which he would read aloud in his dorm room. So I look at all these kids as abused children. Really, I mean you look at kids. But you know, Tucker Carlson's a kid. All these people are stuff in there, whatever their parents told them, you know, that's.
Speaker 2: The story about it. Like you heard about his mother, like leaving him at a young she was like a liberal. Yes, she went off to be like a hippies he hates hippies and stuff. What a fuck? What a moron?
Speaker 5: I mean like he's like, I hate hippies, Like, come on, really because you're actually the one who fucked my mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's embarrassing, man, But.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, did you get over that?
Speaker 5: Like I'm gonna avenge my whole life trying to avenge some my mother's honor against the hippies.
Speaker 2: Okay, why don't you just fucking settle down? What about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Settling the fuck down? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Anyway, So yeah, that that, Uh, Jesse Waters. I just think those those institutions like Harvard that turn out like Tom Cotton and stuff, where why are you considered the best institutions? You know, Trinity is considered this great school and it's just this diploma mill for scumbags, and.
Speaker 2: I just had it just has cultural momentum for being like finishing schools for the elite. And then from there we're like, that's the that's what we were trying to aspire to. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: US News on World Reports, So that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If you're turning out fucking people like Jesse Waters and Carlson, you know, you might want to look into like what your culture is.
Speaker 2: But of course there's no I mean.
Speaker 1: Would actually be good, like if somebody actually released a second magazine that was like US News and World reports, like college rankings, but you actually looked at the shiptheads that they had churned out, like actually helped them for like the worst people who they actually Yeah, I mean Harvard would be a fucking disaster, like the some of the people that Harvard's put out there.
Speaker 5: That's a good behind the bastards episode. Yeah, like the worst of Harvard, the worst of the biggest bastards, biggest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could do a magazine. We could do a magazine, Jack. If you want to put up the money, I'll do it us, I mean.
Speaker 1: The world.
Speaker 5: I'll be in charge of the editorial stuff.
Speaker 2: You just need money.
Speaker 1: In my experience, magazines are a great investment that never go Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're coming back, just like Final Yeah, yeah, coming back final Really yeah, magazines not so much.
Speaker 1: All right, should we talk about the Voyager. I want to talk about the Voyager. Yeah, yeah, this is a nice small victory for US probe heads. So the Voyager, just for our younger listeners, launched in nineteen seventy seven, became the first human made object to venture into interstellar space. Decades later, I don't think I've realized how rare it is for anything to come from or go into interspellar interstellar space. Like you know, we have our Solar System. That's where basically everything that we have observed up close has come from. Like it's that there's there was that big deal about Muamua recently because it was one of the first interstellar if not the first interstellar objects, like something that came from outside of our Solar System that we actually observed.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that things really cool. It was just it was going so fast. They were like, wait, that can't have come from inside our Solar system. It's like flying from outside. What was happening?
Speaker 2: Take me with you.
Speaker 1: Still haven't given a great explanation on that.
Speaker 2: But anyways, we.
Speaker 1: Sent a spaceship in nineteen seventy seven that has done the opposite, has left our Solar system, has traveled into interstellar space. And it's not just a probe designed to relay scientific information. It also contains like a basically like a mixtape for aliens, Like it's actually a gold plated record and the tracks include everything from an Australian Aboriginal song to Chuck Berry to someone named a work by somebody named Johnny Bagpipes, I Believe No, I'm Sorry, to Bamboo Flutes, to Bach Beethoven, Chuck Berry and it holds. Also a three paragraph letter written by Jimmy Carter who relayed our desire to join a community of galactic civilizations, which seems like kind of I don't know, quaint, I like get like.
Speaker 5: Like the data stuff, some of it's dated, you know, like.
Speaker 1: A rotary e rotary phone, right, and a community of galactic civilizations makes more sense when you realize that they launched it three weeks after Star Wars came out.
Speaker 2: President Jimmy Carter made the Force be with you. Yeah, where it'll get it? Where's the T shirt?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. But so Voyager one launch, Voyager two launch soon after. Pretty massive undertaking when you realize that, like the computer that is on board that is like controlling all of this stuff, sending the information back to us, has like far less computing power than like a modern day keyfob.
Speaker 2: For like a car like that.
Speaker 1: That is the level of computational firepower that is on this thing. And it's still out beyond the edges of our solar system still transmitting back to us, but basically last year it stopped speaking coherently, and NASA was like, I don't know, like it seems like it just had like a stroke of some sort, because it's like it's sending back utter gibberish alternating ones and zeros instead of binary code.
Speaker 2: I remember that when that first came out, the like conspiracies around it were like, it's happening, dude. Someone someone got ahold of the Voyager.
Speaker 1: And someone got a little the Voyager and they're like texting us.
Speaker 2: They're trying to tell but they don't know binary so they look so dumb right now.
Speaker 1: They're like this album sucks, that's what they're messaging back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your theory, you got a theory. Yeah, I was actually good.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize other people that thought that I was. I was gonna say that, like it's just got intercepted by aliens and they're just like trying to text us. They're yeah, they're like, yeah, what does this think that button do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? R Anyways, they figured it out.
Speaker 1: It was like some corruption of the computer's memory, so they fixed it. They actually like fixed a forty something forty seven year old computer that is around fifteen billion miles away and like decorrupted the memory and now it is once again sending messages back that take twenty two point five hours to even reach us because they're so far away.
Speaker 2: That's got to be a great gig huh to the a day to get there. So what I'm gonna just I'm gonna go sleep in my car in the parking lot if that's cool, right way, when the signal comes back, you know, I'm actually go home. Yeah, you know, it's twenty two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Things, it is going to stop. It's going to reach its limit to be able to communicate back to Earth in twenty twenty five. So we're we're at the end of its lifespan because basically the power source that is steering the satellite, you know, the thing that is communicating back and forth to us, like the thing that's required to point their communication dishes towards Earth, will lose its power.
Speaker 5: I think you're referring to the gas engine. Yes, exactly, I mean seventy seven Yeah, engine.
Speaker 2: Should have leaded gas probably would have gone under.
Speaker 1: But there's this Guardian article about this, this just points out that like they will outlive the Pyramids, they'll probably outlive us. They'll probably outlive the planet Earth and will be the only record of our existence. I mean, assuming that we don't launch a bunch more of these.
Speaker 2: But yeah, shouldn't we update that? Like I get like, shout out Carl Sagan for putting that together.
Speaker 1: What is the return on investment? Though, Miles, that is the question, right.
Speaker 2: I feel like the people of the outer other intergalactic communities should at least know about I think you should leave. You know that we've had on this planet too. It's just you also have fun too. It's not just music, you know, we do. We do dumb shit too.
Speaker 1: It does feel like, yeah, the the amount that you were able to fit onto a gold plated record is not right, probably not enough for for people like we probably need to do another one of these.
Speaker 5: We need to do updates, and that should be at the same Blazer where you can get a fucking cat scan. Yes, we should send a small test and a goddamn whatever space updates, right, send new space probes with your music in them. And then you don't really send them though, because you just can't. You obviously can't. But you take people's money and you take their music and then you.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 5: Put it in the dumpster out back and say you launched it.
Speaker 2: Send your album yea, your demo, yeah you can, but you're also the recording facility to it. We also can record the demo here too. Man. Oh yeah, we do all that, We do it all. Man, I got back end, I got it at all. Maydn't eve need an instrument, man, just hop in the booth. Just get it out, man, I'll send it right up to space. Man, alien aliens are gonna love your demos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like a hard drive that is like just traveling into deep intergalactic space. And you can like upload people's albums onto it. Be like upload your album to eternity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would have Jason sign.
Speaker 1: You didn't know that, that's right.
Speaker 2: Just give me the genre you do. It's called krung step. Yeah, it's krungbin. But you want a Yeah, you got it all. Chris crofton Pleasure as always on the Dail's so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Well please come see me and Neil Hamburger. I'm so thrilled. I really I did a little tour with him in the fall and it was the most fun I ever had. And uh, I'll be out there selling my book, The Advice King Anthology and signing them and reading from it a little bit, playing some music too, So that'll be in uh, as I said, like the fifteenth to the nineteenth in uh, Saint Paul, Sioux Falls, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: I think, so, yeah, come out, come out and see me.
Speaker 5: Zeke gang please. I love it when you guys come.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: You know, zigang people come and they say zike gang and it's it's always fun.
Speaker 2: It's always fun, you know.
Speaker 5: So yeah, come out and see me me and and Greg and uh and Greg's always amazing and uh, I mean Neil and uh and then uh, besides that, go on listen to Colberg Got Me Like. It's gotten pretty deep recently, uh and and interesting. I think I talk a lot about uh, you know, it started out being about Bigfoot and now it's just inevitably turned to there's just a lot going on that it's kind of impossible not.
Speaker 2: To talk about.
Speaker 5: So I think the COLDBRG Got Me Like has gotten pretty pretty fucking good.
Speaker 2: A new episode out today.
Speaker 5: And then besides that, you know, follow me on Instagram and and uh and uh.
Speaker 2: What do you call it? Twitter?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: At at the crofton show?
Speaker 1: Great follow Go listen to Cold Who Got Me? Like, Chris, Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: And I saw it last night. It's it's the Judy Sill documentary. Judy Sill musician from the early seventies who h j U D E E.
Speaker 2: Sill s I L L.
Speaker 5: One of the original signings to Asylum Records by David Geffen. He started Asylum Records and signed like Eagles and fucking you know, Linda Ronstatt and Jackson Brown and all these stuff, all those people that became huge, and then he signed He signed Judy Sill was the first person he signed, but she didn't become big because her music was kind of like too weird a little bit. But it's really caught on now with younger people, like you know, it's it's it's sort of gotten its do. But she died of a heroin overdose in like fuck North Hollywood or Glendale or something in the in nineteen seventy nine. And this this documentary called Judy Sill something or other shit.
Speaker 2: I can't remember the name.
Speaker 5: I can't remember the name of the damn documentary, but I saw it last night and I saw it in the theater and I think it's streaming as well. But it's called the I'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: The genius of Judy Silm totally great.
Speaker 5: They had access to her diaries. It was at the Bellcourt Theater here in Nashville, so they had the director. One of the directors was there afterwards for Q and A, and he talked about all that. They found her diaries very heart. It's a crazy story. She ended up, she was abused by her stepfather, She ran away from home, she became a burglar, she became a heroin addict. She went to reform school and learned how to play church organ and then she recovered and had these two albums come out and they didn't sell really and then she kind of didn't know what to do because she had this arc. And I think that's relatable for entertainment. It was relatable for me, where you think she basically thought being famous would make her feel better, you know, because she had grown up so rough, you know, And not only did she not get that she had a taste of it.
Speaker 2: She opened for all.
Speaker 5: These big artists, and she did a BBC Old Gray Whistle test if you want to go look at her. Watch her play this song the Kiss on Old Old Gray Whistle test on. Yeah, it's anyway. She's a fantastic artist. She was just sort of ahead of her time or out of her time, and just an interesting thing like what do you do when your dream comes true and it doesn't save you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: And uh, And it's a great, great, great documentary. And so that's my piece of media.
Speaker 1: Amazing that I liked. That sounds great. Chris, Yeah, always has some of the best documentary recommendations. I highly recommend you guys go check that out.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Judy still just that just her in your life musically is a nice addition.
Speaker 2: And I had not heard of her until a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Nice Miles, where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me at Miles of Gray on the Twitter or Instagram all that kind of shit. Find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack, I mad Boosti's As the NBA playoffs begin and our lives begin to end.
Speaker 1: I guess so to speak.
Speaker 2: Uh and also find me talking about ninety day fiance with Sophia Alexandra on for twenty day fiance tweet I like is from Alec carrittsanis at Equality. Alec tweeted, it's interesting how happily armed government quote law enforcement agents carry out the request of university administrators to enforce trespassing laws compared to how they might carry out a request by workers to enforce wage theft laws. Yeah, that's that. Yeah, it reveals a lot. I think we've seen a lot with the Columbia University clearout that happened over the weekend. But yeah, so fucking rough. Yeah, yeah, but it's nice see now, like it's continue like there's so many other college campuses now that have like become active and you know, professors joining in solidarity and that fucking rules.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, we talked about that on the podc on Cobrew got me like quite a bit. I mean, I've never been seen such outrageous just like the tweets I'm seeing where people are smartly saying, you know, like they've blown up every single university in Gaza. Yeah, what we're talking about is protests on campuses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anyway, Yeah, it's all.
Speaker 1: The boomer generation. They were used to be all about that free speech on campus.
Speaker 7: Hey man, we went to a protest then we got stoned.
Speaker 2: And yeah yeah yeah, but then I got a mortgage. That's right, And you're like, okay, well, tweet I've.
Speaker 1: Been enjoying is uh so? Gabriella Bluestone on Twitter. G Underscore Bluestone tweeted a picture from Avanka Trump's instagram of her and Jared, with the captions Strums of heartstrings blend with the wise Wind's hum a verse on the breeze, where the endless roads run in this quiet kingdom of stone and sun. Her spirits verse is a melody spun. And so this person on Twitter was like Google was like, where the fuck is that from? That sucks? And it's from nowhere? That is an original Avanka Trump. Banger wrote yes, and like in the comments someone was like, oh my god, Avanka, that is so beautiful. Where is that from? And she was like, I wrote it myself and they were like, wow.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's incredible. Straight up.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, it's just a poet.
Speaker 5: Goddamn god, damn, the fucking dead poet society or whatever the name of Taylor swifts to.
Speaker 2: Nature. It's a gold nage for horrible poetry. For poems, it's a gold name for a sub part poetry.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at v Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeitgeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes, the notes where we link off to the information that we talk about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoys. What song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: H This is I found this album. It's like a compilation of like Japanese like reggae adjacent music from the late seventies and eighties, and like if you're familiar with like Japanese city pop, like from the eighties, like this is sort of in that vein, but like a light take on like reggae kind of like arrangements. This track is called ug Nagisa, which means a moonlit shore and uh. The artist is miky m I k im h i r A y m A And it's just like a really. It just sounds like this, like surreal elevator music version of like a reggae ballad, but in Japanese. It's kind of a trippy track, So check that out. It's from the album called Tokyo riddom Our. Yeah cool, that sounds there. That sounds cool.
Speaker 5: It sounds better than fucking America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey man, you mean Neil young Man. I don't disrespect Neil young It's hard to say, it could be.
Speaker 1: If that sounds cool to you, you can check it out because we'll be linking off for a little no footnotes.
Speaker 2: The Daily that Guys production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning. But we are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then Bite, Bite