Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody. Welcome into Fantasy pros. This is leading off live the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I'm your host, Joel Rico, joined today by my dear friend Baba, and we are going to be bringing you through all the headlines, all the news and notes, a couple injuries, a fun fact about my favorite pitcher in baseball, and actually kind of a shorter injury report than usual. Babba. It's been just a brutal gauntlet every time we've recorded over the last few weeks, but a fairly small injury report today and an exciting prospect called. So I'm very much looking forward to wrapping up the week with you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, me as well. It's always good to chat a fun, little little set of news, notes and more. And the eye injuries helped. We had a small Thursday of action, I'll say that much. That helped a ton. But yeah, we have a very important topic to get us started today and it'll get the fantasy world and baseball world buzzing on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as it should. Kate Anderson getting the call from the Mariners he will be making his major league debut on Saturday. I saw some conflicting reports Saturday or Sunday. It looks like it's gonna be Saturday either way. Get him in your lineups if you can pick him up, Go on the waiver wire and see if he's still available. Somebody messaged me last night saying that he wasn't stashed in their league somehow, So you never know. Go take a look out there on your waiver wire. Kate Anderson has been doing some historic stuff in the minor leagues this year. Is a third pick in the twenty twenty five draft. Is a one oh six ERA over ninety three innings, one hundred and thirty five strikeouts, and thirteen walks on the season. It's been an unbelievably dominant year, and Vad Seddler pointed this out on Twitter last night. He had one outing that he just got blown up May fifteenth, five e in runs outside of that, like, the ERA is already just barely over one and there's one really bad kind of blip start there. If not for that, the ERA would be like zero point four or something like that. He looks like he's gonna be a stud bob, but he's obviously got the pitcher's park that he's going to be going into I'm pretty excited for Kate Anderson. The question is are we fully unloading every remaining fab dollar we have to get him at this point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you are? Did do I fab preview with Bloomfield on Bubbing the Bloom last night, and obviously Kate Anderson is the topic of conversation this weekend in the fab streets. We kind of narrowed it down to give yourself like three or four bucks a week for the final four weeks after this week. That's kin. So you're talking about unload the budget. That's where our brain is because there's really nothing like if there's someone else that gets called up, shocker, Okay, cool, But this is the one everyone's been waiting for. When it comes to pitching. We saw Joshua Biez last week. That's a whole nother story right now. But Kate Anderson has been great. I think he's gonna be awesome. I'm always a little cautious on these guys. It's all double A pitching. Hasn't got the triple A totally fine, not saying he can't do it, but like the levels of talent that he's still crossing through here. But he's awesome. He's limited all the damage. As you mentioned, he's striking everybody out. Cubs team's not an easy walk in the park. But yeah, he must see TV and hopefully the Mariners keep him going at least five innings like he was in the minors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. Not really a soft landing for him with the Cubbies. Who if you look in the month of August, they have the fourth best offense in Baseball thirty home runs they've hit in August. I think we mentioned this on Wednesday show, or maybe I mentioned it on the show with Jeff Erickson actually, which will be coming out this evening tomorrow morning, depending on when you're watching. But the Cubs are not an easy matchup right now. Let's say you pick him up. Are you starting him immediately? I feel like you kind of have to at this point with Kate Anderson, but maybe you don't. Maybe you just keep him on your bench for one start and see how he looks against major league hitters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in theory, you kind of have to, but he's definitely not a muss start. I probably would not start him on this game. I'd add him to have him going forward, because that's what we want to see when it comes to Kate Anderson. But it's also like, okay, so that the manners go six man now, and which is probably what they should do. Does Bryce Miller go to the bullpen because he's been horrific. There's a lot of what ifs in this scenario. But like so we mentioned he's got the Cubs on Saturday. Kate Anderson has at Toronto next weekend. Great matchup. No offense to you, Joe, that's a really good matchup following weeks at home against a depleted Day's offense. Pretty solid. I'd see he's been facing minor league hitters. There you go. But then it's at Sacramento the following week, so it's like one of those and it's at Coors after that. So buckle up with your Kate Anderson schedule, but enjoy the good starts and just be be cautious. I think the year of Kate Anderson's twenty twenty seven, this is just a nice little taste before the year ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think Toronto has been a little bit better as of late. They're like thirteen and six, thirteen and seven in the last twenty. It is not because of the offense. I was writing an article last night and looking back, I really like to look in three weeks sample sizes for offensive production. That's a Kevin Hasting thing that he's just owed upon me. But over the last three weeks, Toronto has a ninety one WRC plus. You can still stream against them, even though they've been a little bit better as of late. Maybe just pitch around allehandro Kirk because he's been lighting the world on fire. But other than that, I don't think you really need to worry about the Blue Jays too much. Let's talk to Jordan Walker and by I'm gonna give you the floor here in a second, because he had a big day hit three three run homer. He added another RBI as well. You took him the first round of the meatball draft, and I want to get your take on this. I know you don't like it when we talked about the draft without you there.
Speaker 2: You're here now. It's not without it's not without me there. I always say people, there's fifteen people in the draft, just get someone from the draft in there.
Speaker 1: I'm just giving I'm just giving it years. You know, I love Anyboddy. Yeah, Jordan Walker was a pick we talked about on Sleeping the Bus yesterday and it was the probably the most I don't want to say shocking, but the most surprising pick in the first round. Probably looking at a Camon Arrow judge with wood Sodo tattoos, Alvarez were all kind of expecting at Ellie, you know, Jose Ramirez, Jordan Walker. It's probably justified based on what he's done this year, but it still felt a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's sticker shock that we were talking about the other day, So you have the floor. Why is Jordan Walker a first round pick in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: And sticker shock is the name of a lot of these picks that we have issues with. And I actually listened to the sleep in this about an hour before this show, so I am well versed on what took place on that show. I don't disagree, because, yeah, it is a surprise. Jordan Walker isn't even drafted in most leagues this year. He's one of the top waiver wire like ads the entire season, so I totally get that's quite the jump that people will talk about that weren't in the first round. Heck, he wasn't in the first twenty seven rounds of most drafts this year, but it's kind of an accumulation of things. It's the talent that we've always thought Jordan Walker had. It's a guy that's likely going to go thirty plus home runs, twenty plus steals. Maybe he has like a thirty five to twenty five potential in him. These are all what if? This is what we're doing this time of the year. It's also a twenty four year old and I've always been a guy and my co host Bloomfield, he's way more cautious, wants to see it once or twice, and I get it to an extent. But I've also changed the way I view things these days because this base the world of baseball we live in now, is becoming much of a younger man's sport. We're seeing these prospects come up and they do things. In the fact he's twenty four, who's to say he's not finding his world. PCA went first. Overall. We went into the last draft season thinking he was like nothing because of that second half, and he's probably worth it now. Is Jordan Walker a first round pick? I think so? Is he gonna be that way by many? Probably not? But it's the argument that can be had, especially when guys after him like I've never been an lle guy. I agree. I understand that people like Kelly that's fine, But like C. J Abrams absolutely love him. He's having a career. You're just like Jordan Walker. I'd rather have Jordan Walker in the outfield than C. J Abrams, jay Ram love him. I think he's still very grateful or solid. He's getting old injuries or adding up. Be careful. Jackson Cheerio doesn't run like Jordan Walker can run. Corbyn Carroll doesn't have the power like Jordan Walker could run. Always hurt. So like when we look at the Outfield podcast, who you Rodriguez, that is your closest comp is We're I'll give you because he's been a thirty thirty guy to me. But it's all kind of in the eye of the beholder. It's like the Lord of the rings, my precious. So it depends on how you want to look at it. And I understand so many people are like, look at the Babbitt spikes. He still hits the ball on the ground a lot, like a lot of these things I fully understand, but this is also a potential five category stud Jordan Walker the comp I think I made on My show with Ryan on Tuesday, Jordan Walker could be what everyone in the first round in the past years wanted Kyle Tucker to be. That's who Jordan Walker can be. And no one blinked. And I at a first round Kyle Tucker. So I want to at least throw that out there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you've laid it out really well. And the conflict Spoor keeps making is Derek Lee. And yeah, physically you could see it. Statistically you could see it. Derek Lee was a guy who had hit thirty plus homers, he had a forty six home run season. He'd chip in between ten and twenty steals there in his peak years. He'd give you a good batting average. Could definitely see that outcome. And I don't hate the pick. I think honestly, it's so early to love or hate any pick. And that's part of the exercise here. You guys are totally flying blind. There's no adp, there's no rankings. Guys can get hurt over the next two months of the season. Guys could come out of nowhere and look great. It's the hardest draft that will take place throughout the year. I think Walker's probably more of a second rounder, which is fair, but I don't have a huge, huge problem with it. He's giving you twenty six homers, He's already been pushing close to one hundred rbi already, he's got the steals, he's hitting for average. And something that I've looked at a lot more over the last couple of years is bat speed. His bat speed needs to the last couple of seasons has gained about a mile an hour seventy seven point three up to seventy eight point one, and then he gained another mile an hour this year, going up to seventy nine point two, which is like ninety ninth or one hundredth percentile, almost an eighty mile an hour bat speed. There's a ton of talent here, and if he continues to progress and next year, if Jordan Walker, you know, this might be a crazy take, but if Jordan Walker is like the National League MVP in twenty twenty seven, it wouldn't be overly surprising if he continues that progression. Super hyped prospect. I think it was my first or second year going out to Arizona that he was the talk of the Fall League, and it looks like it's finally paid off this year for Jordan Walker. So help me to give you any trouble there.
Speaker 2: No, you know what that sounds like. I'm hearing you're buying in. We need to go on Shark Tank and do a Fantasy Baseball Shark Tank. That's what we need to do. Right here.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one hundred thousand dollars for ten percent of your Jordan Walker.
Speaker 2: And I totally understand how this one can fall flat on its face, get it, But I'm shooting for more the ceiling play here than the floor with him.
Speaker 1: It's also worth noting the last year in this draft, in the first round, Bubba took Junior Camanaro took a bunch of crap from people, and that paid out pretty well for Bubba. And I believe Bubba is a previous winner of this week.
Speaker 2: I won the very first one. This is the fifth year I won the very first year. So yes, so.
Speaker 1: Bubba does know what he's talking about. I'm not trying to give him crap here, but.
Speaker 2: Oh I get no. I think it's healthy conversation. That's why it's very interesting to see because I agree that you can make arguments for a bunch of players in the back end of the first round right now.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see over the next couple of months if Jordan Walker does finish out as a first round pick, if he is getting drafted there regularly, I think, you know worse, he's a top twenty pick in twenty twenty seven drafts. Whatever happens down the stretch here, but it's time that we talk about a blue Jay. We've lasted eleven minutes here, So let's get to Shane Bieber, who had a really good night last night, and it's the second consecutive really good one. This one was against the Rays, seven innings of one run ball while striking out seven. And if you look on the graphic we have here on screen over his last two outings, it's only two runs and thirteen innings of work for Shane Bieber.
Speaker 2: Is he back?
Speaker 1: Is he back in the circle of trust? Because he's been so far away from the circle of trust this season, But these last couple starts, coming on the verge of fantasy playoffs, I feel like people are gonna start to buy in. But should they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's been my conundrum. Like when I saw his stat line yesterday, after I got off of work and I was like wow, like he just did it again, and it's back to back starts. Because throughout this kind of comeback season, it's either gets blown up. He throws well and then he gets blown up like it's it's never like consistent with Beab so far, or he's a bunch of walks, there's no strikeouts. Every start has a it's a it's like a box of chocolates with Shane Bieber right now, and to see two in a row is very very interesting with the Beabs. But like over the last month, it's a three six six era, a one two two whip, a four or five Xcira, so it suggests a little luck, but still four to five. It's quality start. Love it or hate it, that's life. But the part that gets me is so the last thirty one days last month, and you mentioned the last two starts, we seemed the twelve case to one walk, but if we take a little larger sample here, it's still a nine percent K to walk. It's still a forty percent ball rate. So that's not what we want to see command wise, and obviously it's been helped by a six walk effort not going to deny that, but it's an eight point five percent swinging strike like in his start yesterday or his last two starts, the two dominating starts, it was still a thirty five percent ball rate, so increase, but only a nine point seven percent swinging strike. He's not dominating per se, and a lot of fly balls, but he does look better. To your question, I am not fully bought in. I am still terrified of Shane Bieber because he just doesn't seem dominant, but he seems not bad. I'll go that route. And he gets Kansas City next week, which is very enticing, So if you want to stream beabs for now, won't be fully opposed to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just looking at it where we're seeing. Nothing can change, of course, but as of now, Kansas City, Cleveland at the Athletics, which will be a hard no, big no, big noe, the biggest no we're gonna give on the show for quite some time probably, and then at home to Detroit is the one after that, so he probably started against Detroit. I guess you see what happens against Kansas City and Cleveland. But even if he throws a perfect game and both of them, I'm not sure. I would start him in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: No, not a chance.
Speaker 1: He's he's on the road back to trusting him if he continues, you know, giving you these type of outings. Maybe not necessarily this dominant every time out. But let's say he finishes the last month with like a mid three's Era one two type of whip. Will he be somebody that you think can return to his previous form next year? Would you be drafting Shane Bieber thinking that you might be getting a cy Young again at some point or do you think those days are behind us?
Speaker 2: I think the cy Young days are gone. I don't think that's happening again. You never know, like things could happen. He's coming off the surgery, excuse me, the second year, but he'll be thirty two next year. We know how that slowly starts to go. Is he could still be very good, Like he's more of an SP three for fantasy wise for me. I don't know if say it is going to ever be there, but he could still be very very serviceable. He's not quite Aaron Nolea yet, I'll go that far if you want to use those kind of comps. But he's working his way that direction, which still means he's very serviceable in the right streaming environment, so that not a complete trash on him.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about another picture and Grant Holmes, a guy who was flirting with a no no for a little while. Yesterday, I think he took it into the sixth inning, ended up allowing one hand. I believe he walked three. And there's been an up and down season for Grant Holmes, but three of his last four outings have been scoreless. Six shoutout innings against Miami, six shoutout innings in the Bronx. He had a really bad one against Arizona, and then six shutout against the White Sox yesterday. Overall, I mean, the whip is problematic. It's almost like early season k Cavali in a sense because you're getting decent eras, but they're coming with like a one thirty whip. But at the same time, he hasn't given up more than three earned runs outside of that previous one. It was May first was the previous real blow up start he had. So are we trusting Grant Holmes at this point? Boba? I know it is you know, playoffs or approaching fantasy playoffs, or maybe you're already in there. Next start is the Dodgers, after that at Washington, after that verse Tampa. Dodgers haven't been great though recently. I wonder are you willing to start him against the Dodgers in a deep league? You'll start him in a twelve team or shallow or it definitely depends on what you have. Because Grant Holmes is he's been this guy all year and even last draft season. People have the same conundrums with him. It's yeah, era three six four on the year, last month three four five awesome, But as you mentioned, it's a one three two whip on the season, one two four over the last month, which the last month's palatable. You can live with that, but he doesn't do a lot of things that woo you. It's an eight percent k to walk on the season. It's which is really.
Speaker 2: Strange, Joe, because he has a twelve point six percent swinging strike on the season that shitt equate too closer to a twenty four to twenty five percent k rate. He has an eighteen percent k rate, so he's not finishing things off, which is quite frustrating. Gives up the long ball just enough to tilt you. He's a roller coaster ride. That's what Grant Holmes is and more often than not, as you've noticed, you'll survive. But you're in the post to playoffs right now. I would try to go other directions if possible, because that's the next couple of matchups are very, very challenging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that the Dodgers over the last few weeks they're at ninety four w RC plus they have a sub three hundred on base rate as a team, And yeah.
Speaker 2: You can you can attack him for sure.
Speaker 1: And the thing though, I feel pretty confident attacking them, but a guy of Grant Holmes's talent level, he can give up eight and runs. Anybody give up eight and runs against the Dodgers. It's just even when a team like that is struggling, just given the talent in their lineup, it still worries me on any given day, which any team can get you on any given day, but the Dodgers in particular, it's a little bit scary. So maybe set him for that one unless you really really need to start him. A couple of housekeeping things I forgot to get out of the way at the top, But we are giving away a fifty dollars store code. We gave away the previous two giveaways on the last show, but we have a new giveaway here. If you want a chance to win the fifty dollars Fantasy Pro Shop code and snag some of our new leading offswag, then this is your shot to enter. Just leave a comment on any of our Twitch streams at twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros, and as always, the Twitch subscribers get a one and a half times odd boost at winning. Just as a thank you for your support, we're also doing a three day free trial for Fantasy Pros Premium. You can unlock all Fantasy Pros tools at fantasypros dot com slash free, sink your leaks to see exactly how you optimize your roster and win your week at full access to the waiver Assistant, trade Analyzer and more so. Start your free trial now at Fantasypros dot com slash free and experience the ultimate edge. It's time to talk Ian Seymour, and he's a guy. We did a live show here that Bubba was on in the preseason. I guess it was before the preseason. It was more the end of last year in Arizona, brought on a bunch of different people to talk about their favorite picks of the year, and Frank Stanfel highlighted Ian Seymour, and a lot of us were on board. It looked like he was going to be fantastic this year, and then he didn't get us a job in the rotation to start the year, allowed five and runs in relief in the first day of the season. It's looked like a disaster. But Ian Seymour over the last couple of months has looked really, really good, really ramping up the strikeouts. A little bit of a tough outing yesterday against the Blue Jays, gave up three home runs, but they were all solo shots. He did strike out eight, and the strikeout totals have been incredible for Ian Seymour. I'm a huge fan and I think that going in the next year he'll be one of my favorite players to draft. I feel like the surface stats might keep some people away. Still, if you're looking at an era that starts with a four, the whip is still actually the whip has come down to one fourteen, so maybe he's not going to be as cheap as I'm hoping for. But mostly just wanted to highlight how good Ian Seymour has been and how stupid the Rays were for not just starting the year with him in the rotation.
Speaker 2: Bubba. Yeah, he's been out standing. Went in round eleven of that meatball draft. I think that's going to go higher once a season comes around next year. So that's a heck of a pick by Ryan Rufe, just to highlight even just the recent run you mentioned the last couple months. Last month two nine four era one to one whip, which the Rays love to be with. Like rafts, he has the raspus in the bloodline going right now. But more impressively, it's a thirty one percent carry to a four percent walk for the quick math majors, it's a twenty seven percent ko walk with a fourteen point four percent swinging strike. Joe, it has been. He's just been electric. He gives up a ton of fly balls, but if they're not touching, it doesn't matter. He is that good and I think he's gonna be quite an intriguing next season.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, he's not like a big stuff god guy coming into the year ninety five stuff ninety six pitching plus and we were still interested in Now those numbers and stuff is not the be all and end all, but he's gained eight points on his stuff. His pitching plus has gone up from ninety six to one oh one. I really like the arsenal, I really like the park to pitch in as well as there's a lot to like about Ian Seymour. The only thing is just praise. Just please make him a starter from opening day on and don't take him out of the rotation. That's all we're asking for. We're not asking a lot here, but just really hoping we get thirty starts at Ian Seymour. Next year it's Gavin Williams time, though, and I want to give Bubba hatsip here because you were all in on Gavin Williams. I remember doing leading off with you down the stretch last year talking about Gavin Williams, who had a good year results wise. It was a low threes era but a high whip and still some inconsistencies. He's figured it out down the stretch in twenty twenty five and in twenty twenty six he has been amazing. Eleven strikeouts yesterday against the Giants tour and runs over five and two thirds innings and if you are watching here on YouTube. You'll see the most outings of ten plus strikeouts this year. Jacob Mezerowski, surprising nobody is number one and then tied at number two Dylan Cease and Gavin Williams nine double digit strikeout games for him this year. Bubba, give yourself a pat on the back because you were all over this one.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that every once in a while, blind squirrel finds nut whole thing like that, but yeah, the other cool factor. I had to read the graphic for a minute there. He also is the third player to two hundred ks of season, joining the mizz and Ceas. So he's he's been so good improvement since kind of like pitching is a game where once that guy, the guy finds out his pitch mix and his I guess release point. Some of these guys are super talented, and Gavin Williams is showing next. We saw glimpses of it last year. This year, it's it's impressive watching him deal.
Speaker 1: He's been great and I think that price is going to be fifty top fifty.
Speaker 2: Bloomfield got him at the second pick of round four on Tuesday night and I thought that was that's his sp one because he waited a little bit on pitching. I think that's that's that's pretty good, and it might go a little higher once for things really get figured out in March.
Speaker 1: Once pitching gets pushed up, maybe a third rounder something.
Speaker 2: Like that, because that's basically like pick forty seven forty eight. I think he's in the I think he's in the third round for sure, if he finishes this year healthy and yeah, he's their sp one and he's in SP one and Fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't push back on that. I wish I had more shares. I wish I forecasted this the way that you did. I want to shout out Van Rod, who gave it a community, so I really appreciate Van Rod one of the most loyal listeners on the show here, so thank you for that. And Fabby Davis Junior also followed great name, by the way, Fabby Davis Junior that awesome stuff. We've seen you around in the comments for a while. I don't think I've ever given you a shout up before, but I really appreciate the community here. If you guys want to help out, like subscribe, follow, do all that stuff after you're done watching here, go watch it on YouTube and then go listen on the podcast feed, and you can hear us three times throughout the day. I'm not expecting you to actually do that, but really appreciate everybody who listens in the various spots. We really do appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: We've talked about a lot of good performances so far. It's time to get to a clunker. George Kirby was absolutely lit on fire by the Brewers sixer and runs in the first inning. He did end up going three in a third, but that does not really salvage the line so much. A four eighteen era and a one thirty six whip on the season, Bubba, I think we talked about George Kirby a few weeks ago, and my opinion is not getting rosier as the weeks go on. Here. I thought that he was like one of my bold predictions this year was George Kirby American League Cy Young. That is obviously not gonna happen. And I'm starting to think that George Kirby is not even somebody that I really want to be invested in, given the lack of strikeouts. Given you know, we thought the whip was safe the whip is not apparently safe. I'm kind of out of the George Kirby business at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to the team. I've always been out on the George Kirby business, so Ryan's been Team Kirby's with. It's a battle every off season with me and Bloom, But it's just what you mentioned. One big big part for me as the lack of strikeouts. It's a ton of pitch to contact. He doesn't have to blow you away stuff. What used to be his calling card was his command and that's slowly deteriorating as well this year. So it's kind of a combination of the two. Like you mentioned it, it's five of the last or three and the last five starts at least five runs he has basically allowed. I think it's like sixteen runs in those three starts. He has a seven to one to two eer and a one seven to one whip. Over the last month on the season, it's a one three to six whip, which is not what you sign up for with George Kirby. So it's brutal. Their whole team is scuffling offense pitching. But like Bryce Miller, George Kirby there's a reason we started the show with a call up to try to spikes things up in Seattle.
Speaker 1: I mean, looking at this pitching staff from where they were like a year ago, it's like one of the best pitching staffs ever assembled, probably. And now you got Wu hurt, not great, Kirby hurt, not really hurt. He was hurt last year, not great this year, Castillo gone, Ryce Miller, I'm not even sure what the real Bryce Miller is hurt and then looking amazing and then terrible again. Logan Gilbert is the only one still standing there that we would have thought a year ago. Yeah, this is the best rotation in baseball. They're not anymore. They certainly are not anymore. Maybe they will become one again with Anderson and Sloan, but it's been a very bad year for Seattle, for both teams in the American League Championship Series last year. It's been a really really bad season. Matt McClain, Well, mention, Matt McLain, It's funny yesterday I mentioned I've recorded with Jeff Erickson Rereds fan. I wore my Matt McClain T shirt for that game, And what does Matt McClain do he hits a Grand Slam in a loss of the Cardinals. I mean, he's got twelve homers, he's got fifteen steals, but he just creeped up over the Mendoza line again yesterday. The stat line for the season is almost comically bad. He has thirty three RBI, he only has forty six runs, a little bit of fantasy juice with the twelve and fifteen, and he's still got a ten percent barrel rate. That speed is up from last year sixty nine point seven to seventy one point six. But I wonder is there any interest in Matt McClain anymore? Is he gonna be, you know, a by dirt cheap next season? Just considering how bad second base is, it's still a good ballpark. It's a decent lineup around him. Are you still gonna be willing to take a chance on him? Because I feel like I probably will. The price is gonna be so cheap, I'll probably have a couple shares.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will definitely be invested. I actually mentioned to on last night's FAP Show to kind of look in to see if he's available, Like you don't have to play him every week, but at least in Cincinnati, and it's more importantly, it's like, yeah, the season as a whole has been really bad for Matt McLain. But since he came off the il July thirtieth, it's seventy six plate appearances, he's hitting two thirty nine, which I know is not great, but you just mentioned on the season he has got over two hundred, Like, so we'll live with two thirty nine. And that's with the two seventy nine babbits, So like there's unluckiness there four homers, four steals over that stretch, which we're back to the you know, we thought we'd have a twenty twenty guy on our hands at one eleven WRC plus his defense I saw Cameber the tweet I saw has actually been really good. That's why they've kept him in the lineup this long. He's a young player, he's had the injuries. Like who's to say who he really is? We don't know, but I think he's a lot better than what we've seen, and we're starting to see glimpses of that this past you know, three weeks or so since he's been back. And I will be buying low unless something catastrophic happens in September.
Speaker 1: Feels like another lifetime ago where Matt McLain was the biggest riser in the preseason and he was going up fifteen or not fifteen rounds but like fifty picks, seventy picks because of his spring training stats. And yeah, it feels like we're in a different universe. I've got a couple questions. Let's let's get to them here. It is a Friday, so let's have some fun. Joe g Friend of the Show twenty twenty seven. Gavin Williams or Chris Sanchez. Holy crap, I gotta go Chris Sanchez still, but it's closer than I would have thought.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. It is still Chris Sanchez. But that is extremely close. And honestly, I wouldn't argue you if you went Gavin Williams in that respect, but I'm still going to go Christrapher Sanchez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sanchez, like the whip has actually been surprisingly not great this year. It's over one point two now. He's been buoyed on Player Raiders by the fact that he has sixteen wins and a ton of strikeouts and the era is still good. But that whip is a silent killer for the sp four in draft season. I mean you drafted Schooble. It's worked out even though he's got you know, he missed some time with the injury schemes. Brutal crochet, brutal Sanchez has hurt your whip, although he has helped you. Overall, not a great year for drafting pitchers in the first round in twenty twenty six. This one will be directed right for Bubba. We actually posted a video on our socials last night along these lines, which sp would you prefer rest of season, Bubba, Jacob Webb or your guy Ben Joyce.
Speaker 2: I'll take Ben Joyce. I think Web is outstanding. It's really close. If you're gonna tell me Web has the job the entire season, I might stick with Web. I'm gonna go Joyce. He won't go back to backs, but he's been very, very good. Palencia is getting activated from the AL on Friday. I still think Web keeps the job for now. That could change it sometime. Just remember last year Keller kept the closing gig when Polincia came back for the rest of the season, So anything can happen in Chicago. Web's been outstanding though nothing against him. I'll take Joyce who has the job though for sure.
Speaker 1: I think that's the co sign for me as well. I like Web, but I think I think Joyce is your guy there. We talked about him on that show with Jeff Erickson as well. I've I've promoted it into the ground at this point, but make sure you guys check that one out. It'll be out later tonight on the YouTube, and I think tomorrow morning we're gonna aim for on the podcast feed game Ova Hanio Suarez, Austin Riley or Nolan Aronado rest of season. I mean the fact that Eronato's even in this group again is a testament to how good he's been over the last month or so. I don't have a super strong feel here. I think maybe i'd go Suarez, but I don't really feel strongly to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you play matchups? No, I go to fight to pick one. I go Suarez. But yeah, I have no real strong take here. They're all going to have their like three games. We're like, oh they're back, and they've got like a week that just makes you want to bang your head against the walls. So be prepared. He swore gets great American for half his games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a good stretch. I have him in my home league, and I was just looking at him the other day, like over the last month, it's like, oh, he's hit seven homers, and yeah, he's hitting one ninety one during that stretch as well. So you take the good with the bad, and it's mostly been not great to be honest with you, Griffin Conine or cole carrog Ress the season, we've both been CO nine fans. There are some worries I think about some of the plate discipline metrics, but for straight power, Conine has been amazing. I think I'm going Conine here. I think I'm going Conine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go CO nine too. Kig's very good. Nothing against Kragu just Conine jumps off the page for fantasy purposes at least for now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like them both, And honestly, the Rockies have surprised me a little bit. It's been a pretty solid year for random Rockies value. You know, runfield has been pretty good. There's been a couple of guys that have popped up here and there that have actually provided value on the Rockies. Moniacs had a good season. Most of the last few years that I've been doing The Analyst, the Rockies have been just you avoid them, you don't even need to really cover them at all. But this year things have changed a little bit to their credit. Yep, Max Clark or Griffin Conine. Rest of season. I gotta go Conine there.
Speaker 2: It's Codine pretty easily. Clark's gonna be a good story. He's hit. He's hit the rookie wall after three weeks. He had a great series in Sacramento, and it's kind of been like he's good, but I think he's got a little bit farther to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mason Montgomery or Justin Martinez. I gotta go Mason Montgomery there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Montgomery for sure.
Speaker 1: I really like Martinez. Like last year, I drafted a ton of Justin Martinez, but Montgomery's skill set is so great and I think that the job is probably his. I think he has two saves the last two weeks or three saves in the last two weeks, and it seems like he is the hot hand. So I would go with Mason Montgomery. Any help for Charlie Condon probably not this year. I don't think he's gonna do much for fantasy teams this year. Heading into next year, I know Welsh has been a fan. He's talked about him on prospecting with the Welsh He'll be on a few of my teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's hope for him in the future because like there's no form to play right now. That's like even Zach Fiene's in a platoon, which is comical, so there's nothing you can do there.
Speaker 1: And one more here from Joe cam Smith or Lawrence Butler in a deep roto. I am more partial to cam Smith. Butler's been good recently. If you wanted to go Butler, I don't really hate it, but I personally like Smith more as a player. What do you think here, Bubba, I'm going law dog Lawrence Butler on that one.
Speaker 2: Gets the Sacramento games. He's actually played phenomenally over like the last month, Cam Smith, he's streaking in the right direction. Won't deny that. But it's been another disappointing season in cam Smith's world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm gonna give him a mulligan there. It's being so young and being the centerpiece of a big trade and having to change positions. I'm still I'm still a fan of Cam Smith for next year. But I don't have any problems if you guys wanted to go with Lawrence Butler right now, he's been He's been really good. Guys. I want to remind you about my playbook. It is still late in the year. We get it like there's there's not a lot of time left, and I think a lot of people are setting their ways up. This is how I've been managing my team this year. This I'm I'm gonna continue to manage my team this year. But check out my playbook. You can manage your fantasy baseball lineups and dominate your leagues with my playbook. Here at Fantasy Pros the suite of powerful tools to help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues. You can import your team to get custom Fantasy Baseball news, rankings, and analysis. So sink your leagues today at fantasypros dot com, slash MLB, my playbook, or download the Fantasy Pros app Let's talk. Jacob de gram I tease it at the top, but he became the second fastest pitcher of Major League history to reach two thousand strikeouts. The only guy who beat him there was Chris sale By about thirty five thirty six innings, and it's a pretty good leader board here, You Darvish. Pretty surprising to me that you Darvish is third on this list, followed by Pedro Martinez, your boy, Garrett Cole, and then the big unit Randy Johnson. Jacob de Gram had an amazing start yesterday with six innings. I think it was one hit, ten strikeouts. A guy actually messaged me on my Patreon chat saying Jacob deGrom just hit the waiver wire in my league, should pick him up. I was like, yep, yep, yep, pick him up right now. Doesn't matter even if he has a bad start tonight, Like de Grom should obviously not be available anywhere. He's had a bit of a rough stretch, and obviously he showed what he's still capable of yesterday. My question, Bubba, at this point is is Jacob de Grom locked in as a Hall of Fame in my mind? If I had to vote, I'm I'm putting him on my ballot. He's getting a check on the ballot. I think it's the best picture talent wise that we've seen in the last decade. But will he have the accumulative numbers. Getting to two thousand strikeouts is obviously a positive for him, but you know, growing up, for me, the number was always three thousand strikeouts. So are the voters will they have adapted enough by the time to Gram's on the ballot, probably seven or eight years from now, that they'll put him in the Hall.
Speaker 2: You think they should they The key thing you mentioned adapted, Like you know that he used to always be three thousand k or three hundred wins and five hundred home rug There was like benchmarks that the game's so different now you can't go that direction. You mentioned one of the best pictures we've seen de Gram at his peak was the closest thing we've seen since Pedro Martinez. Like that's like it was that good when he would rolling. So, yeah, I'm with you. He should be in the Hall of Fame. I hopefully the voters continues to adapt to the changes.
Speaker 1: Twenty four starts this year of a three seven seven Era one thirteen whip. It hasn't been as good of a year as last year, but still very good. He's got the strikeouts even higher than he did last year, and the career numbers, it's a two sixty six era and it's a one whip on the nose with a thirty percent strikeout rate over sixteen hundred and sixty six innings. It's two hundred and seventy two starts, but one hundred and five wins is about a third of what you would have needed twenty years ago, even ten years ago to get into the Hall of Fame. So it'll be interesting to monitor. Let us know down below, what do you guys think is shake up the Grom Hall of Famer? My vote is yes. I'm obviously biased. He's probably my favorite pitcher that I've ever watched, but for me, he's a Hall of Famer. Let's do some three up and three down. Garrett Mitchell three for four with a big fly, a couple doubles, a couple of runs in three RBI, a massive game from him, Anthony k six innings of two run ball with six strikeouts against the Bravos, and then Bobby Witch Junior. Maybe a little bit of a disappointing year for him as a whole as a top three pick, but two or four with a homer and three runs scored. Any thoughts on any of the ups there.
Speaker 2: It's good to see Mitchell have a good game. He's been so bad of late, and he's in a strict platoon. K has been sneaky good from time to time. But Bobby Wit, Yeah, he has heated up over the last few weeks and he's going to finish the season just reminding everybody why he's still one of the top picks in fantasy baseball while so many were so over him for a while.
Speaker 1: I think Bobby Witt honestly as a case as the first overall picking drafts next year. We were talking about this on Sleeping the bus yesterday. Keikrow Armstrong went first in the early draft. If somebody wanted to go show, hey, they're not going to get pushed back. If somebody wanted to go Bobby Wood Junior, I wouldn't give them any pushback either. Are those the big three you think or you think somebody will take Judge number one or Soto or would or how do you expect that one oh one to go next year?
Speaker 2: I think it's going to go those top three. The PCA thing will be it. I think more of Tanis than PCA will take place. Yeah, I have no problem with it because I gave my case on Atani with the knees and the lack of running, like there's reasons, but he still awesome. Like I'm not gonna deny it. Judge is the only one that will make it interesting. If he does come back and puts together like two to three weeks in September, that makes people go, oh, that's right, that dude. That might change things. But he's old and he's breaking down, so I'm skeptical of that as well. So it should be the core three of PCA, Otawny and Wit for.
Speaker 1: Now, Lea saying Jordon over Judge jord On. I think this was the year to buy Jordan Alvarez. Yes, when he was a fourth round pick. He's going to be a first round pick next year. He might even be a top five or six pick if he wins the Triple Crown. I don't know if I want to invest at the peak price for a guy who has knees that are probably ten years older than he is at this point. To his credit, he's actually been healthier than I think people give him credit for. If you look at the game logs over the last several years. Last year is really the only crew washout. But there's still something that doesn't feel great about using your first round pick on him, So I think I'm going to be more fading him in the first I want to mention one more name though it is a potential for the one on one and Jacob Mizerowski. Could he go number one in a couple of drafts? Do you think NFBC drafts.
Speaker 2: H he will? He will if he finished this September healthy. I will be far away from the Miz because there's this track record from Doctor Dave that is pretty undefeated, and I'm not going to say what what it is out loud because I don't wish this upon anybody, especially Miz, who we get to watch face Chris Sale today in a matinee like these are the things we live for as baseball fans and fantasy baseball players. There's also reality, Joe, and it's like, I'm not going to be shocked when that note comes across on my you know, Twitter feed.
Speaker 1: It's not going to feel good when it happens. It will eventually happen.
Speaker 2: It will happen.
Speaker 1: I mean it happens for even guys who throw like ninety four miles an hour. So which time you throw one hundred and four is gonna happen. Do you want to be the one holding the bag of the year it happens having spent the one on one on him.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. It's the one on one part's that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he's like end of the first round, I could talk myself into it, but one oh one it might be a little bit rich for my blood ad D brain. Let's get back to the downs. Peter Lambert, Holy crap. Niner and runs over three and two thirds. I guess the angels of all teams, the Angels who've been putrid offensively in August, the fifty two WRC plus in August, going into yesterday. Niner and runs Gauge Jump, I'm done at this point five and runs on eight hits and three walks over four innings against the Royals. Like, we saw so many nice little flashes from Gauge Jump, and it looked like he was gonna be one of these at him down the stretch league winner types and has not panned out that way at all. Baba, is there any hope for you still to hold on to him or stream him or are you jumping off the train with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have so many shares of Gauge Jump, and I went on my fab show last night getting ready to tell Ryan I'm moving on from Gauge Jump, and I stopped myself because I looked at his upcoming schedule and yes, I won't throw him in Sacramento. That's not allowed. He's it's just not happening. But the father who week Joe. It's at Texas and at Seattle, two of the best matchups you could have for left handed pitching, and I will be a sucker probably on that one for one last Now, if that burns me, the whole ship sinks. But I'm gonna at least go down with flames on that one.
Speaker 1: Iceberg dead ahead. Yes, no, it's it looks pretty good. I mean at Texas, at Seattle, and then after that it's against Seattle again what he's lined up for, so maybe a whole lot.
Speaker 2: You're saying it looks really good.
Speaker 1: You saying there's a hit CC the eighty D brain. No, it's not ADP brain. Also, that'll come around in the winter. But yeah, if you ever noticed me bouncing around all over the place, that's the unmedicated ady D going around in my brain. One more on the downs. Drew Gilbert, oh for three with three k's. I usually like to find a golden sombrero. There was no goldenbarra. I felt bad picking on Drew Gilbert, but it is what it is. I wanted to find a hitter on the downs. And we'll move on to the injuries, which are actually not too bad today. But we'll start with Totel Martina where we started the show the other day. What a saga this has been. He'll go to the with a n E issue that dbacks expect him to rejoin the team once he is healthy. The team president also made some I think it was the president or president Baseball Operation. Somebody in a high level role, said they don't know what's going on here. It's bizarre to them too. So are we holding him? I know we asked this question a couple of days ago. Now that we have the clarity quote unquote of the I L I don't know if he's worth holding at this point. I don't know what you do here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is one of those I'm likely dropping at this point. I get it. It could burn me in two seconds. But he actually wasn't playing that well before he went on this hiatus and our good buddies Blogman and Welsh. Maybe you guys have heard of them. They are both Arizona guys, and they let off their show on Thursday with a rant on this, and they mentioned the fact that I didn't even know because we've heard a bunch of weird things. The night before Catelwin m I A in Boston. He was seen at the Hotel Bar at eleven pm at night, So there's a lot going on there that we aren't privy to. And this is about the same type of I ell stint as Edwin Diaz has right now, like just go away for at least ten days. So I don't know if we see Kittel again because more of like I'll just kind of listen to what Bogwin and Welsh said, But they also prefaced it to like a lot of the players now that Katel's out have kind of their tone has changed, like Corbyn, Carroll and someone that they're all fed up with it. So I don't even know if he's welcome back in the locker room right now, So just be wary.
Speaker 1: The whole thing from last year about oh, you know, he's going back to the dr and his home got broken into or something like that. It's like, Okay, if there's one weird incident like that, people will forgive you. If it keeps happening and happening. With the performance declining, it felt like Kittell was going to get traded last offseason. I'd be shocked if he enters spring training as a diamond back, I'd be floored. If there's a way to bet against that happening, I'll see if there's a market out there for it somewhere. Agreed, let's get to the home run board and take a look at what we have going on today, and I believe High Kubby is just doing pretty damn well. If you see at the top of the board there fifty three, with the next highest totals being forty six, forty six, forty five, forty three. So the two through ten spots, really even two through eleven are only separated by a couple of homers. But you guys are gonna have to get a couple of three home run games here to catch up the High Cobby down the stretch by about where are you going today for your home run call? And I guess for the weekend as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I love your pick. I picked him on Wednesday worked out very well, so I wish you knew the best on that one. But I'm gonna I'm going to go back to mister one point one as he heads into Seattle. And if I'm not mistaken, I thought PCA is a Pacific Northwest person. I could be totally wrong on this, but for some reason that rings a bell with me. But PCA is white hot Emberson, Hancock and the entire Seattle situation not so much. So I'm gonna take my chances with PCA leading off in Seattle, and it's it's the late game of the evening, So if you're on the East Coast, take get a cup of coffee or you know, espresso martini, whatever you prefer, and get ready for the union with PCA goes deep.
Speaker 1: Espresso martinis are pretty tasty. Actually, I'm not a huge like martini person, but I find when you're late to the game, your friends have been drinking and you're getting there late, you need to catch up. You have a couple of espresso martinis, You're gonna catch up pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Joe, how often do you actually late to the game, though.
Speaker 1: Not as often as I should be, but mention mention, No, you're You're totally correct. If anybody comes out to Arizona, you'll you'll.
Speaker 2: Know exactly that's what I referred to.
Speaker 1: You'll know exactly what I was talking about. No mention of Netto in the three app five for six seven RBIs and a homer that is that is the East Coast bias right there, because the sheet was put together before Netto did that. And I'm a big Zach Netto fan, but that is a miss. I should have highlighted that hell of a game for Zach Netto. I don't know if it'll salvage the year necessarily for him. It's been a bit of a tough season, but a hell of a for him. My home run call for today, as Bubba has mentioned, is going to be Pete Alonzo. Will take him for the weekend here against the Rays. They are in Baltimore, Freddy Perlta tonight, Dye McClanahan tomorrow, and then Nick Martinez. Feels like some really good matches for Pete Alonzo. And I didn't even realize that Bubba actually successfully got the home run on Wednesday. I wouldn't have stolen him if that was the end at the time, but yeah, give me a home run. I've had a home run here in a while, so I'm gonna take it if he gives me one. And if you guys are looking to bet your home runs, you can do so with the help of the Betting Pro's Home Run Tool. Lots of cool stuff on there to check out. Every single day, it gives you the best home runs to bet based on probabilities, data driven from matchups, the stadium, weather conditions. You can check it all out at bettingpros dot com slash homers today. For seeing Winna Taka Murakami at the top, Holton Kowser against Freddy per Alta and then Asteri Ruiz looking like a huge value, you can get him at plus twelve hundred to take Brad Laura Deep. Probably worth sprinkling a couple bucks on there. At plus twelve hundred, that's a pretty good number. Yes, it is a bit of a surprise, but twelve hundred plus twel hundred it's probably worth sprinkling. So make sure you guys are checking it out today bettingpros dot com slash homers that will take us to our best bets and as We've talked about it, as has been mentioned in the show comments a couple of times. We are getting Chris Sale and Jacob Mizerowski today and I'm leaning all the way into it. We're taking the under six and a half. I'm expecting both of these guys to go six seven innings at six seven what I hate myself for doing that, But six to seven innings, zero one eer runs, we're looking at under six and a half. This feels like a pretty pretty good numbered. Again, I was honestly thinking it might even be lower, just based on how good these guys have done. You don't usually see it lower than six and a half, but with those two names, I was thinking, maybe you get five and a half six and a half here shopping around, I'm getting it at minus one ten, but see if you can find it potentially at plus money. That's Sale in Miserowski, Brewers and Braves under six and a half. Bubba, you're sticking in the PCA market for your best bet of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I figure if for some reason he doesn't go deep, I'll take the hits runs and RBI's over three versus Handcock because he's getting on bass, he's scoring runs. He's driving in runs pretty much at a regular clip, so I'll take my chances are at plus one fifty five. It was very intriguing to go. There's a lot of good PCA props if you're in the prop game for tonight, a lot of plus money plays. Now if he goes over for four, you can just send those comments somewhere else. But PCA looks pretty strong tonight.
Speaker 1: BD entric on Twitter everybody, and I don't have my daughter tonight, so I'll be hope.
Speaker 2: Just hang it out, watch the ball, so bring it on.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I gotta give my Joe Rico ninety nine. If my bet misses, I want to be tagged.
Speaker 2: I deserve to be.
Speaker 1: Flogged the Circe Walk of Shame. We're gonna hit our bets with the help of betting pros. But guys, that will wrap it up for the week. A little bit of an abbreviated week for me because I was I was here on Monday, but not really here on Monday. But I will be back next Monday with Welsh. It's my only time to talk with Welsh, so there better not be any technical difficulties.
Speaker 2: Next week.
Speaker 1: It'll be myself and Welsh on Monday. Like I mentioned, that show what Jeff Ericson will be out in your feeds later today early tomorrow, So make sure you guys are keeping an eye on everything and that will do it for Casey Bubba. I am Joel Rico. We'll talk to you next time right here on leading off right here on Fantasy Pros, thanke it ease, everybody.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB