Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From New York City, the only city in America. It's the show, the Intended News. This is The Daily Show with your host charlemagnea Gun.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Daily Show.
Speaker 3: I go by the name of charlamagnea God. Hello everybody. Let me tell you the holiday spirit is definitely in the air tonight. Human resources told me I can't say which holiday, So whichever is your favorite?
Speaker 1: That's the vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We've got a great show for you tonight.
Speaker 1: So let's get into the headlines.
Speaker 3: As we all know, the presidential election is in full swing. Posters are interrupting your dinner, campaign ads interrupting your TV shows, and people are intentionally visiting Iowa again. Yeah, so let's check in on the latest developments in our ongoing election coverage with Democracy twenty twenty four. Let's start with Donald Trump, the only rich person who's never heard of Ozipic. Now, yesterday we were talking about how everyone is worried that if Trump gets back into the White House, he's going to declare himself with dictator and now with Trump is firing back saying hell yeah.
Speaker 4: I am in a town hall overnight with Fox News host Sean Hannity, Donald Trump was asked what should have been an easy question, would he abuse the power of the presidency during a second term.
Speaker 5: I want to be very very clear on this. To be clear, do you in any way have any plans whatsoever, if re elected president, to abuse power to break the law, to use the government to go after people.
Speaker 6: You mean like they're using right now.
Speaker 4: He dodged the question, but minutes later, Hanneredy pressed him again for an answer.
Speaker 5: Under no circumstances you are promising America tonight, you would never abuse power as retribution against anybody except the day one, except that he's going to praise, except the day one.
Speaker 6: Meaning I want to close the border and I want to drill. That's not at all, that's real, that's not that's not retribution. I'm going to be.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be. You know.
Speaker 6: He keeps I love this guy.
Speaker 7: He says, you're not going to be a dictator?
Speaker 1: Are you? I said no, No, No other than day one. Yeah, here we go again.
Speaker 3: Okay, once again Trump telling us exactly what he's going to do, and no one's believing him. You Trump's support of the all in my mentions with your clown emojis saying you Democratic shoe, you're overreacting. Trump's not a dictator. He's telling you, okay, and no, it doesn't make it any better that he says he'll just be a dictator for one day. Saying you're gonna be dictator for one day is like having sex with your partner and telling her you're only gonna pump once. Ladies, would y'all believe that shit? Exactly? No one ever pumps once on purpose. And by the way, I can't believe I have to say this, but are you gonna be a dictator?
Speaker 1: Is not a.
Speaker 3: Normal question you should have to ask a presidential candidate. If you have to ask your babysitter, are you gonna eat my kids? It doesn't matter what their answer is, the fact that you needed to ask them means you should get another babysitter. So Donald Trump is currently running on a platform of dictatorship, and the only man standing in his way is President Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Seeing here looking at his own A ratings.
Speaker 3: People have been questioning why Biden hasn't stepped aside, and last night Biden gave an answer to that just raise more questions.
Speaker 1: Not to President Biden's candid new remark on why he's running.
Speaker 7: For re election.
Speaker 4: During a closed door fundraiser Tuesday, Biden told supporters, quote, if Trump wasn't running, I'm not sure I'd be running. But we cannot let him win.
Speaker 8: And just a short time ago, John You renewed his claims that he's going to beat Trump.
Speaker 5: Watch do you think there's.
Speaker 1: Any Donald Trump other than you?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 1: I'm not the only one to read it, but oh my god, this is Biden's ego talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you think there are other people who can beat him, step aside.
Speaker 1: All right. I know you think you've got this in the bag.
Speaker 3: I know he thinks he's got this in the bag, but the polls say otherwise. I want Biden stepping in to beat Trump the way I want him stepping in to defend me at a b our fight.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, Karen, but I don't like our chances.
Speaker 3: The point is, we don't need Biden to beat Donald Trump, just like we didn't need RBG to stay.
Speaker 1: On the court.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe if RBG had retired during the Obama years, we'd still have Roe v.
Speaker 1: Wade.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but people say no, she needs to be here to protect role. And now, look, both of them are gone.
Speaker 1: It's true, they're both gone.
Speaker 3: See the facts are Biden's not getting any younger, he's not gonna get any more popular, and he's not getting a new running mate. So please, mister President, give America an ultimate Christmas gift and step aside. All right, let's move on to a more important election. Every year, Time magazine announces the Person of the Year so that people remember what Time magazine is, and this morning we found out who won twenty twenty three.
Speaker 8: Sam Jacobs's Times editor in chief, Sam, good morning, welcome to today.
Speaker 1: You can reveal right now who it is. Are you ready for it? We're ready for it.
Speaker 10: The twenty twenty three Time Person of the Year is Taylor Swift.
Speaker 8: Okay, let me just let's just get this out of the way, Sam, because the world is on fire right now, and you know this is Person of the Year and it purports to say this is the most influential person or group of persons in the world this year. You picked Taylor. We know about her influence. How did you justify this decision?
Speaker 10: There are a number of different choices that could have represented twenty twenty three, and I don't think there's anyone who's moved so many people so well as Taylor Swift did in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, my teenage daughter doesn't speak to me, and I thought this would help.
Speaker 11: But yeah, yeah, but yes, Taylor Swift is Times Person of the Year, which is terrible news for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: You've seen how the past few winners. If this are doing last year? Zelenski one, how's you Create doing now?
Speaker 1: Year before that? Elon Musk got the cover? How's Twitter doing now? Year before that? Biden and Kamala.
Speaker 6: Got the cover?
Speaker 3: Enough said, forget Travis kelcey. If this pattern keeps up, next year, Taylor Swift is gonna be dating the pointer for the New York Jets. But the question is does Taylor Swift deserve to be Person of the Year. To discuss we turned to Ronnie Chang and Michael Costa. Let's start with you, Ronnie, why did Taylor deserve this cover?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 9: As a Swiftie, I can say, isn't it obvious? A massive tour that generated like five billion dollars for the US economy, A movie about that tour that saved movie theaters, and she made football even more popular, not to mention all the.
Speaker 6: Breakups she got me through.
Speaker 9: I mean, I was getting dumped on purpose just to enjoy those songs.
Speaker 3: More good point, Ronnie. Okay, that's the pro Taylor side. Now let's go to Michael Costa. Michael, give us the anti Taylor side.
Speaker 12: What no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: I'm not doing the anti taylors. When did this happen?
Speaker 12: I'm not going to criticize Taylor Swift on television. She deserves all her success. Her music is great, she was terrific in that Cat's movie. I wish nothing. I wish nothing but the best for her and her army of incredibly passionate and defensive fans.
Speaker 1: Michael, I'm very confused. You were telling me earlier.
Speaker 3: Today how stupid you thought it was to give her a Person of the Year.
Speaker 12: No no, no, no, no, no, no no no, Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte.
Speaker 1: This is not what I said.
Speaker 12: I wasn't talking about Taylor Swis and you weren't even talking to me. I've never even said words until now.
Speaker 1: How am I doing?
Speaker 6: Listen? Listen?
Speaker 12: Can we just talk about something less controversial? Okay, I've got some strong opinions about Palestine and.
Speaker 1: Don't be afraid Coster.
Speaker 3: Remember earlier you said you couldn't believe with everything going on in the world, they'd give personal they to some overrated singer songwriter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said that who dances like Phoebe from Friends is being elextrocuted.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was you you said, and I quote I wish Kanye would interrupt her.
Speaker 12: More so, I'm saying, Charloa Matte, you said that, Charlemagne, I have a family. Please, Okay, I didn't say anything like that about Taylor.
Speaker 6: That wasn't even me. I think you're confused with Ronnie.
Speaker 1: That sounds something like Ronnie would say, don't you know him?
Speaker 12: He's always like I hate everything, including Taylor Swift and babies and puppies.
Speaker 9: These bloggers, Charlamagne, these Taylor Swift haters like at Michael Costa on Instagram and dud at Michael Kasta on the score on TikTok.
Speaker 6: They discuss me.
Speaker 9: Okay, First, despite what Michael says, the way Taylor Swift dances makes her relatable all right. And two, she can easily fulfill all the responsibilities of Times Person of the Year. Okay, she can post with the cover, she can hang on the wall, and then and and that's it, those other responsibilities.
Speaker 1: Michael, he's got you. There are you at the airport?
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 1: What does it look like I'm doing?
Speaker 6: You loose lip snitch bitches?
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, I'm fleeing the country. I need somewhere to hide out, somewhere safe.
Speaker 6: One ticket to North Korea.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 6: They don't have any internet there, right, Come on.
Speaker 1: Gosta, you really think the swift is not gonna find you?
Speaker 6: Well, that's why I'm changing my name to something generic.
Speaker 12: John Mayor.
Speaker 3: All right, good luck with that, my brother John Mayor and Ronni Chan everyone. When we come back, we'll find out the truth about bavek Rama Swama.
Speaker 1: So don't go anywhere. Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 3: Tonight was the final debate of the GOP primary, featuring three well known politicians and one newcomer with surprising stand power.
Speaker 1: Who is this up?
Speaker 3: Starting with Donald Trump is reportedly considering as a potential running mate. Well, he's the subject of our latest Daily Show ography.
Speaker 7: Americans are divided, fighting over everything from beer into voting etiquette to whether that mother is real Facer is not real. Sometimes it can seem like we're living in different realities. Luckily, there's a presidential candidate who exists in every reality.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I am announcing my run for President of the United States, a.
Speaker 7: Powerful being who can travel between dimensions without even pausing for breath.
Speaker 9: President Trump, I believe was the best president of the twenty first century.
Speaker 13: As US President, I would have made different judgments than Donald Trump made.
Speaker 9: The climate change of Cadate is adduces climate change is also real.
Speaker 6: By the way, Hansel, June, Keean and all the other duss.
Speaker 9: Willing made up Happy June teams, everybody, I'm very open to banning TikTok outright.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm officially on TikTok.
Speaker 7: We're going to be on here a lot pops and drama mean because this is the daily showography of the vake Ramaswami enter the rama verse. The vake Ramaswami was born on Earth Prime to Indian immigrants in Cincinnati, Ohio. He learned at an earthly age how to navigate the multiverse, being raised Hindu but educated at a Catholic school and eventually using both to his benefit.
Speaker 14: I share those same Judeo Christian values more so than even many self professed Christians.
Speaker 7: You see, the thek is more Christian than most Christians because he's Hindu. By the end of high school, he already knew that time is a flat circle.
Speaker 15: The word commencement comes from the French word comansi, which means to begin. And yet now we use that same word commencement to describe a ceremony marking the end to our four year high school experience.
Speaker 7: It was undeniable. This bright young man owned a dictionary. After graduation, Ramaswami went on to study at Harvard and Yale and came out a man of the people.
Speaker 6: I think many people are like me, people who are disgusted with the establishment.
Speaker 7: Yes, separately, Harvard and Yale are the establishment, but together they cancel each other out like a hamburger and salad. After law school, Ramaswami was ready to tackle the world. One version of him became a stand up comic.
Speaker 10: I was actually a one time aspiring stand up comedian in New York City myself.
Speaker 7: Another became a pro tennis player. I'm a tennis fanatic.
Speaker 6: If the path was open to me to have pursued that career, I would have done it.
Speaker 7: And a third entered the business world. As a founder of Yvan Sciences, a company that sounded scientific but also wasn't. Instead of developing its own products, Rayven bought failed drugs from real pharmaceutical companies and tried to find uses for them, because those drugs might not work in our universe, but maybe he could sell them in the universe where they did. Many of Reuman's secondhand drugs failed, but in the multi verse, failure and success are all the same thing anyway. As a hard headed businessman, Ramaswami had no interest in the world of politics. I was out of politics back then.
Speaker 6: I was an a political guy that.
Speaker 7: He was propelled into yet another alternate life by the only force powerful enough to rip a hole in the space time continuum, wokeness.
Speaker 9: I was a CEO who, like so many CEOs, was browbeaten into potentially making statements on behalf of black Lives Matter after George Floyd died.
Speaker 6: Amongst CEOs in America, I was.
Speaker 12: Unique in sand that I refused to do it.
Speaker 7: It takes a brave man to take a stand against sympathy for the dead, and the Republican Party took notice. As an Indian American who isn't Indian, American Ramaswami was just the person to assure white conservatives that while racism exists, it also does not.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the.
Speaker 7: Booking a white supremosisteingaus is somewhere in America.
Speaker 6: I've just never met.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'll meet a uniform sooner.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 7: The VEK has never met someone who hates people of color, aside from the guy who cuts his hair. In twenty twenty three, this anti elite outsider with nearly a billion dollars in Ivy League connections was ready to quantum leap into the Oval office. But which recent president would he model himself after?
Speaker 10: Yes, well you have to give him a big credit for following the Trump playbook to a team.
Speaker 6: Jim, I'm sorry you're fired, John Lemon, you fy it.
Speaker 7: They're saying that you were the Republican Obama.
Speaker 9: The skinny kid with a funny name, This skinny guy with a funny last name.
Speaker 7: Out of many one eat woribus poem from many. Yes, Ramaswamy shamelessly borrowed from two men who won the presidency, and yet he simultaneously will never be president. Remarkable, Ramaswami picked up supporters in one dimension as a classical pianist and in another as an equally accomplished rapper.
Speaker 1: My name's the Vik.
Speaker 6: It rhymes with cake. It ain't about THEE, it is me. It is about THEE. The United States is about liberty.
Speaker 1: Back to reality.
Speaker 7: Boops, there goes mom Spaghetti. When not spitting bars, Ramaswami is talking about the issues, familiar issues like closing the Mexican border, but also the upside down.
Speaker 1: Version of that.
Speaker 6: Don't just build the wall, build both walls, and.
Speaker 7: Who's gonna pay for it? Mexicanada. Ramaswami is a thoroughly modern Republican, and also he's not a Republican.
Speaker 12: I kind of cringe when someone says, fellow Republicans, I'm not a party.
Speaker 7: Then he's a man whose principles make him strong and also weak. Your greatest strength a firmness of my convictions.
Speaker 6: Biggest weakness.
Speaker 7: Firmness of my convictions. Indeed, his firmness of conviction is like a coin. It has two sides and ultimately isn't work very much. But that's the genius of the vague Ramaswami. He's not nearly a Christian Hindu elite. Every man's successful failure classical rapper, independent Republican, anti immigrant, child of immigrants. He's everything, everywhere, all at once.
Speaker 5: I'm back.
Speaker 3: Michael Ruben will be joining me on the show, so I don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 3: My guest tonight is the entrepreneur, philanthropist, and social justice advocate. He's the CEO Fanatics and the co founder of the Reform Alliance. Please welcome Michael Rubin. How are you, sir?
Speaker 6: Doing amazing? How you doing?
Speaker 1: I am blessed, black and holly favored man.
Speaker 6: Now that's a pretty good response.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you worth eleven point five billion dollars. Michael Rubin, How did you make your money?
Speaker 6: I'm a podcast watch Vitua bork by Brick, working my ass off.
Speaker 1: Right, come on, tell me more, give me the Dirk.
Speaker 14: You know, selling T shirts, jerseys, hats, starting the merch business. But honestly, I grew up as an entrepreneur my whole life. I was a horrible student, barely made out of high school, didn't go to college. Actually I went for a part of semester, flunked out, worst athlete and planet Earth. But I always love to work, and since I've been a little kid, I've always been working. So I've been eight years old selling things baseball cards, snowshoveling, and then just started a ski shopping when I was twelve years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that a dream?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you sit around at tell them like I want to be a billionaire one day? No, not at all.
Speaker 14: I realized, like, you go to what you're good at, and I was literally good at nothing but working, So I gravitates at what I love to do.
Speaker 16: Do billionaires have a group chat? Is it like you, Mark Zuckerberg? You were with a group chat? Of course, but you know, no, listen, I act my wage. You actually listen, you actual wage? All right, So you're definitely a group chat for sure.
Speaker 14: You're in a spine. You're going to be there now, listen. I love hanging with all types of people. I learned from everyone around me. I've got so many different types of friends. So there's no group chat with lots of really successful people.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you play and to do with all your money when you transition? First of it always says he's going to give it all the way.
Speaker 14: First of all, I'll never transition. I want to work as hard as I work today that you don't have to die.
Speaker 7: Why would I die?
Speaker 14: Like I want to be like one hundred and fifty years old and just keep killing it. Yeah, yeah, live my best life every day.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's fair for Americans to hate billionaires the way that they do?
Speaker 14: You know what, I understand why there's that hatred. I think when you're really successful, you have a big responsibility to give back, to make a difference in the world. I think you do, and I think if you do it the right way, people appreciate and you get a lot of love. I don't feel like I get hate for being successful. But I also feel like we do a lot of things to make the world a better place, and that's my responsibility.
Speaker 6: I owe it to people to do that.
Speaker 1: What political party, Yeah yeah, what political party is better for your economy? Republicans and Democrats?
Speaker 6: Listen this. I'm not a political person.
Speaker 1: But what I will tell you is ask that I said what political party been podcast?
Speaker 14: Well, I'll tell you in business, you take no political party because that's the best answer for business. But for business, what would I say is better? I honestly, like, I'm not not a company. I don't think about it like I focus on what I can control, and I can't control politics. And by the way, I don't like politics because I don't like the outcomes of things taking forever and nothing getting done.
Speaker 6: So politics aren't for me at all. True.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they come to you to like donate, though, Do you donate the political campaign? I do?
Speaker 14: I do, and you know, I donate to people who I think can make a big difference. I'm generally much more of a Democrat, you know, giver than a republic I can't remember the last Republican I've given money too, But I want to give money to people that make a difference. By right, my guy, I'm gonna say the guy I started with, and I'm not really into politics, but Jos Shapiro, the governor of Pennsylvania is my guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, he's amazing. I hope that guy's president. Wanted dancerusy kill it.
Speaker 3: A lot of people say your step aside and somebody like Shapiro's step up.
Speaker 14: They got a lot of good kindents. But but Jos Shapiro is a guy who I think could be an amazing president. And I've been working with him since he was running the Montgomery County, which is like the township I.
Speaker 1: Grew up in.
Speaker 3: You do a lot of work in a criminal justice reform as well through the Reform Alliance. Speaking exclusively about criminal justice, which presidential candidate do you think could get the most done because you work.
Speaker 14: With both of them where you need both of them the truth be told. To get anything done, you need to being both together. And if there's one thing I've learned, if you only work with the Democrats, only work with the Republicans, you can't get lost pastor right now in Pennsylvania working to get a very important law passed to change the probation and pro laws. And we're bringing both sides together, so you really can't get last passed if you don't work with both sides together, will not work.
Speaker 3: So yeah, tell the people you know some of the things Reform Alliance has done, because you'll have done a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So Reform Alliance is focused on changing the very broken probation and prole system. What's crazy to me is that twenty five percent of the people to go to prison Joe each year don't go for committing a crime. They literally have what's called a technical violation, and they go to prison for not committing crime. So the story everyone knows the story of Meek Mill, who's you know family that I think each of us. He popped a wheel in a motorcycle and he got sentenced to prison for two to four years for not committing a crime. So that was the inspiration of starting the Reform Alliance. And we've now changed seventeen bills eleven states, and we've reduced seven hundred thousand people.
Speaker 6: Seven hundred thousand people were.
Speaker 14: Less today on probation and porler when we started this less than five years ago. We have amazing founders Jay Z, you know, Meek Mill, Robert Kraft, myself, Clara Si, we have Laura Arnold. We have so many amazing members have come together by the Republicans Democrats, just bringing people together to fix the really screwed up and broken criminal justice system.
Speaker 3: I love the story you tell about realizing that there was two Americas because of the Meek situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you one thing. Just being completely blunt.
Speaker 14: Up until up until the time I was probably five years ago, I really thought the criminal justice system worked the way it was supposed to. You would have said to me five years ago, you know what percentage of people that go to prison in jail should actually go I'd say it's like ninety nine percent today. I'd say that is the most screwed up broken system I've ever seen in my life. And the amount of people that go to prison and jail for not committing a crime. You know, we've learned about someone who got married without permission for them their probation officer.
Speaker 6: They went to prison for that.
Speaker 14: You know, Meek, if he went to pick up his kid ten minutes where he lived without permission from his probation officer would have gone to prison. And so what we really want to do is just fix this screwed up system. We are making good progress and by the way, it's hard, we're taking a business approach to you know, a political problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the system isn't broken though, well designed to work that way. Yeah, well, must of those people you're talking about a black and brown Yeah.
Speaker 6: Bye, I agree with you.
Speaker 14: But I also say sometimes like things just like inertia kicks in, you just got to go and say, like we looked at this and said, we're going to take a business aproach. We're not gonna, you know, allow this to work the way it's working. And you know, what We've made a lot of progress in less than five years.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you're doing great work.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Fanatics because you're the CEO of Fanatics, which is a one stop shop for sports fans.
Speaker 1: If you don't know, are you working.
Speaker 3: With college athletes now with the new name and image and likeness rules?
Speaker 14: Well, I remember, I was just reminded last time I saw you, we had a little wager and you were wearing a Sixers jersey I think for a month straight. So I thought we were going to come out in Allen iverson Sixers Mitchell Nest jersey today.
Speaker 3: That's what I.
Speaker 6: Expected you to be in.
Speaker 14: You know, if you're a man, you were and sticking to oh you work for that month, you did wear for the month?
Speaker 6: I think, Yeah, how does smell after like twenty did it smell well?
Speaker 1: Good? After ball? And it just waking up in the morning wearing it?
Speaker 6: Yes, So no, college athletes are a big deal for us.
Speaker 14: Actually, I just came from Dylan Harper's announcement at the Fanatics headquarters. Who came out there's going to records today and certainly a huge moment for Dylan. We were proud to host them at Fanatics today. But college athletes drive our business. We own tops, We have a big trading cards business, and that's really about the best college athletes in the world now selling college jersey. So we're super excited about the changes that allow us to work with college players directly.
Speaker 1: How do you think college athletes will handle having all that money?
Speaker 6: Man, I'll tell you.
Speaker 14: Someone said to me a couple of days ago they were thinking about giving a kid who was in tenth grade millions of dollars, and I said, I feel like I'm going to be gone to problem soon, Like we're gonna be making a pitch outside.
Speaker 6: Of a prom. So it's crazy.
Speaker 14: It's very hard to get your head around, you know, you know how young these kids are. But it's such an amazing situation in reality. I mean, these kids, they work so hard, they're so good at what they do. They drive our business. So I'm really happy for him. But we used to talk about nineteen year old to twenty year olds, and now we're talking about fourteen year olds and fifteen year olds. I did have a conversation with Drake that we should sign his kid, I think was four or five when we first came up.
Speaker 6: Four years old when we came up with the idea for it.
Speaker 1: You thought early, Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: We started like nineteen Now we're like in tenth grade. Soon we're going to be at the kindergarten Jesus Christ, Bye ba that kindergarten ball. We want them at Fanatics.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about the Fanatic Athlete's Immerging Program.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So you know, look, one thing I feel is we're blessed to do what we do. We're really lucky to work with so many great athletes. Every day we work with three thousand incredible athletes, and so we wanted to come up with a program we were could help athletes, you know, really figure out what they're going to do when they get done playing.
Speaker 6: So we're now building a program.
Speaker 14: The next year together with USC, we're gonna have sixty professional athletes in all the major sports come and intern at Fanatics and also and start with this internship program with at Fanatics and also at USC to really do all the different parts of backs that work in Mitchell Nass. They work in our live commerce division, they work in our trading card division, they're working our online sports betting division and our merchandise business, and just learn all the different things that we do. And we did our first class a few weeks ago and it was incredible. WNBA players, major League Baseball players. They had so much fun. It was great for me to feel like we can help them figure out when they get done playing, what are they going to do next?
Speaker 1: They're upticking WNBA jerseys now, definitely an.
Speaker 6: Uptick in WNBA jerseys, and I think a lot more upticks to be.
Speaker 1: Had or dope.
Speaker 3: Now, Michael, you throw what is now an infamous white party in the Hampton's right, and it's called a small party for a few mic party. Yeah, and it's called a white party because everybody with white, not cause everybody is white.
Speaker 1: And I just want you all to know that last year, I.
Speaker 6: Think our diversity is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have an amazing diversity. We want to talk about that right now. Because you gave up this infamous photo.
Speaker 3: I call you the Notorious hug Okay, could.
Speaker 1: You like the hug Rappers from the back Listen?
Speaker 6: All right, I'm a hugger. I'm a hugger. I'm making hugging cool in twenty twenty four. That's my goal.
Speaker 14: I mean, Fanatics Reform Alliance. It's all about making everyone hug in twenty twenty four. But when it comes from, if I'm being honest with you, is I love bringing people together. So like I've always been a hugger my whole life, And so there might have been that could have been, like, you know, a few shots, maybe ten twenty shots in the evening, and there could have been a picture of you know, me jumping on babies back. And you know, at the time, I didn't really look at what went on Instagram and how other people could perceive.
Speaker 1: But I'm a big hugger. You told me that you know you don't You're and I want bigger hugs.
Speaker 6: For you too. Like I didn't feel like I got a really great when I came here. I felt like I got a medium hug. I didn't get a big hug.
Speaker 1: I saw Michael out one night and I was like, don't even think about it.
Speaker 6: I kind of had five drinks. You would have got a giant hug from behind you.
Speaker 14: You told me that you don't like hugging little baby though you say what I said was baby such a brother to me. That we were in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and he looked at me, he's like, you know, you can still hug me.
Speaker 6: He was like he was messing around with me.
Speaker 14: But I think I'm serious when I say I like, like, I don't like when people just want to pick at things and find out what's wrong with things. And to me, the White Party is about bringing people from all different cultures, all dimmate backgrounds together to have a thirteen hour incredible evening and.
Speaker 6: Morning, thirteen hours. You got to be built for this. By the way, there's like training camp.
Speaker 14: I remember having a conversation with a couple of people who are some of the best athletes in the world. I said, look, you really got to be built for this, Like, I know you may be a superstar in football or superstar in basketball, but there's a thirteen hour endeavor here.
Speaker 6: So are you sure you can make this?
Speaker 1: I fund like a cool imaged to me thirteen hours coca.
Speaker 14: It did end this year with I think Kevin Hart and I crawl up the steps together. It was more of a crawl than a walk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you do seem to make like these street rappers and like athletes melt like now the one picture of you and MB.
Speaker 6: Like, look at that is so cute. Listen it's my guy. I mean, hear listen, you.
Speaker 1: Think you have this effect on them, you personally, you know, I think you.
Speaker 14: Know a lot of rich people, a lot of people. They're successful, they're not relatable, they're not normal. So like to me, for someone who barely met at a high school, got a seven to eighty combined on my SATs.
Speaker 6: That's not for half, that's combined.
Speaker 14: Okay, got a one point eighty seven in the one semester I went to college. Like the only thing I'm succeeding on is like common sense and a little bit of relationship skills and so you know, but that's what makes me me, which is why you're gonna give me a big.
Speaker 6: Hug at the end of this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, all right, Michael, come on, let's go.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, okay. And it wasn't from the back, get it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, never be a yet. There have no lick in that cup. We're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back after this. Michael Ruby Up.
Speaker 13: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast