Speaker 1: Welcome to Bussel Territory, ladies and gentlemen. Red Sox lose final score five to three, record falls to sixty four and fifty five. Adley Rutshman's debut with the Red Sox did not go according to plan. I was hoping for a little bit better tonight. I was hoping for a much better ending tonight. But the offense, once again, they continued to sputter like they have been over the last few games. Have lost four straight now, and you had a great opportunity here tonight, Dylan Cees, this guy's because man handled the Red Sox this year. What was his fourth start against the Red Sox this year, third or fourth? But we all saw what happened last time. Guy was an absolute animal, complete game, shutout, one hitter at Mway Park. But you had a shot against him tonight, and you put yourself in a great position because he did not have his best command here tonight. Good play discipline from the Red Sox here tonight. Seven walks badly getting a couple of those as well, But he lack command here tonight. Now as many strikes, hung a couple of breaking pitches, will you're SETI taking advantage will you're with his twenty first home run SETI with his sixteenth home run. He drove in two one on a sack fly a little earlier. You just couldn't fully break through now. Masa had a double in the ninth inning, but a quiet night overall for him. Out of the leadoff spot. Wilson continues to struggle here, oh for four here tonight. He's been dealing with a lot of issues. It seems like he's dealing with a bit of a hamstring issue now, you know, we've talked about it. Right. He got bopped on the head a little bit ago, all right, hit by pitch on the helmet. He was under the weather at one point. It's he's just been going through it, only hitting one to eighty two with a six forty ohps over his last fifteen games. I actually wonder maybe, I don't know, maybe I'm reading a little too much into it. You know, it could be, you know, guys, just slumping is what it is. I wonder if maybe you could see an il stint at some point, just to kind of give him a breather, because obviously the guy's been dealing with a whole bunch of stuff. I wonder if maybe you could see something like that, wait and see on that. But obviously he has been struggling lately, and you know, he's your big bat in the middle of the order. You know, even when he know, even when he's not hitting home runs, left him right, driving him runs, you feel like he's able to do something you just haven't really seen that. Also, Caleb Durban with a quiet night. I feel like he's gone a little under the radar here too. He's hitless and over his last few games here. Right, I had a pink shit appearance a few games ago, but he's over in the last couple of games. So you know, he's been a catalyst in the bottom half of the lineup, So not having him at his best it's not helping. Again, You're just seeing a bit of a stagnant offense. You know, during this red hot stretch for the Red Sox, you're seeing a whole ton of big hits with runners in scoring position, moving runners over. You just feel like they're kind of what we were seeing a lot in the first few months of the season. You're getting the traffic, just not able to get things going. So I'm not going to panic over it. Listen, you know four games you drop in a row. Yeah, obviously you don't want that, but you know what, looking at this lineup card here tonight, when I see SETI and ADLEI and Wilson and Will, you're back to back to back to back, that's awesome. Like seeing Adley in this lineup card here tonight. That looked really good, you know, And luckily we did get some good news on Roman Anthony. Speaking of the offense, Roman Anthony has moved on to hitting against the trajet machine. You might be thinking, Robbie, what does that mean? How is that? How is that good news? Tell me, Robbie, what does that mean? Well, you got to think of the traject machine. It is obviously it's a much bigger step than obviously hitting off of a tee, doing toss, doing some soft toss, doing flips, doing overhand BP all right, because with the reject you're looking at different arm slots, You're looking at different types of pitches, different angles, right lefties, righty's that that's what makes the pject machine so such a valuable resource in today's game. So the fact that he's hitting against that right now, and also different velos too, that tells me, I think we could see him on a rehab assignment next week. I think you're getting pretty close. Obviously, they got to get the postseason rosters set by the end of the month, so they have some time here. But I'm starting to get the feeling we could see him on a rehabit side at next week. I haven't been told anything, but if he's going he's on the trajet machine right now, that kind of tells me, all right, they're going to use this week doing that right, ramping up you know, the volume each time. Maybe I would think at least in the next couple of weeks at least, We'll see. We'll see. But that is good news for Roman Anthony here today, very good news. As for Patrick Sandoval, I would say this was I'd say it was the best he's looked all year. I mean, there's definitely been there's been a couple of appearances where he has looked good. But uh, I mean when you look at the pitch count with him, he was at a very low pitch count through Who's outing here. But once again, you know, the command coming back to bite him a little bit late in this appearance, but the defense didn't help him out either right. Speaking of Caleb Durbin had an error in the fifth inning. That's very rare. Durbin is usually locking it down at third base, but that should have been a double play. It led to a run. Eventually, you did have good defense from Willier out in right field, thrown out Vlad at second base at one point, will you or Bray. He continues to be one of the best defensive outfielders in the game. But then the sixth inning, you know, Angel Monasterio, you know we're we're taking just the great hitting from Monasterio. Over the last month or so, the guy's been great at the plate, and while he has made some flashy plays at short consistently has made some goose right. You've seen a couple of things where whether he bobbles it, can't fully get to a ball out there. Again, he's made you know, go back to the Dodgers series. The guy was looking like Ozzie Smith out there at one point, but there was a ball that got by him in the sixth inning, a fine tuned shortstop that you know is a good defender most likely gets to that ball. You know it is what it is. After that, they had a double play opportunity, so guard wasn't able to turn it fast enough that led to the go ahead run eventually. So you know, not amazing defense at some pretty tight in some pretty tight spots didn't help him out here again. You know, he I thought he looked really good in the first few innings. He only had twenty pictures through the first two winnings. But like I said, eventually the command did him in third in the fifth inning, they were longer innings for him. He started to fade second and third time through the order. Could you even though his pitch count wasn't really high in the sixth inning, could you have maybe taken him out at that point he walked Springer. You could see he was just missing with his pitches. And then eventually, you know, the blue Jay's end up taking the lead. You know, you had Kirk coming up after that third time against him, that Sandoval in his career, like a lot of pictures, but Sandoval, you look at the numbers. You know, third time through the order, he's had his issues in his career, So you know, could you have gone with you know, maybe Tyrone Guerrero a little earlier in that spot, and then you know, Slayton hasn't pitched in a couple of days. Could you have saved Slaton for Guerrero's spot there? I don't know is what it is. But I also understand that it is a four game set and the bullpen did have to work a bit in that a series in the you know, second and third game, so you know, I can understand that too. It is what it is, you know, just uh, one of those just been one of these stretches, right, or things just aren't going your way. Guys are you know, banged up a little bit, Guys are slumping, you know, slipping a little bit. I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm not gonna worry about it. You know, Toronto, Toronto. Just like I said yesterday, Toronto. I always hate playing the Blue Jays. I hate playing the Blue Jays ever since I was a wee little lad. I've always just I've never enjoyed when they go to Toronto. It just all feels like something bad happens. It is what it is. But you're hoping to salvage a split in this series over the next couple of games. Ranger going in game three tomorrow. We'll talk about that in a little bit going up against Jose Soriano. But let's get to it, ladies and gentlemen, let's get to it. We got some things to talk about here. We got some members in the chat. Shout out to some of the members. Don't do it in the chat, Matt, Joe, buttered sausage, what's going on? How we doing? Paging doctor Crutch, how we doing? How we doing? And we actually got a phoenix is here? What's going on? We actually got a couple of super chats from APB seventy seven to twenty one, short il stent for Wilson, bring up Chang to take some shortstop starts play so get first. I don't think it's a bad idea at all. Shang Chang was actually, I think pretty productive. He wasn't hitting as much as Monasterio was, but he gave you a great defense as short. Yeah, you know, I wonder in that situation, what you know, would they move? Could you move Monasteria over the second base, so guard over the first? You know, I think you could see maybe something like that. But I wonder if Wilson at some point you do see an il stint, because it's not just one injury it's been a few you know, get him off his feet, also fouling off a ball off his foot at one point. So hey, don't think you're don't think you're crazy at all for suggesting that, Matt. What's going on? Man, I'm really concerned right now. Wilson can't hit or do anything right now, dumb decisions on bases, and Duran for some reason doesn't know how to play. You know, Duran, you know there was actually a couple of times I'll get to when we talk about the offense. There was a couple of times where I wondered if you could have laid down a bunch at one point, and both times came with Duran. On one instance he ended up getting thrown out caught stealing. But I actually wonder if Modis Stereo maybe could have buttoned him over in that spot. I don't know, nothing going right, nothing going right. But let's get to it, ladies and gentlemen, let's get to it here. Let's talk about let's talk about Patrick Sandoval, shall we again? You know, I thought he looked pretty good and there was one difference here with Sandoval here tonight, leaning more on the change ups. As you can see, on the screen here, a lot of change ups, a lot of those twenty eight change ups on the night, twenty sliders, sixteen four seamers. He's kind of going a little backwards from what he usually does. He's usually going four seamers slider and using a change up as an outpitch. But he was leaning on that pitch to get a heading counts, but also, you know, trying to get guys to swing and miss with it as well to put him away. But he had a one two three first. Second inning, he walked Kirk and then he got a double play from Clement. Third inning, Lucas with a bass hit, McAdoo with a walk, with a couple of outs, Brett Bateman with a double. The Red Sox had scored at this point. We'll get to that in a second. But that tied the game up at one. But then he strikes out Vlad fastball down an end. Fourth inning, Springer struck him out in a nasty slider. Kirk with a bass hit, but then he gets Ernie Clement and grind into another double play. Now let's rewind a little bit. Let's go to the offense, backing this up all the way to the first inning here Adley first Red Sox ab ends up striking out in a change up. He got pretty fooled on that one, but cease, like we talked about it yesterday right Having this change up in his arsenal has been a huge difference for him. Adley was laying off a couple of really good sliders in that ab. Then SE's just bust out a good change up on him. So what can you do? Third inning, Steria with the walk, so garb with the base hit, fastball right down the middle, Massa with the ground out, moves Mona over to third base, and then Seti with a sack fly made it one nothing. And this time it was a normal sack fly, ladies and gentlemen. Can you believe it? A normal sacrifice fly. I don't want to talk about last night's game ever again, ever again, Please, I can't do it. Holy cow, I was seeing that all over the place here today, the rare fourth out, goodness gracious, But anyway, I got the Red Sox on the board, made it one nothing, and then Adley actually got his first base hit as a Red Sox. Let's listen. Twenty one came double a triple A in twenty two.
Speaker 2: He was in the big league, so they I pitched a Rechman, slap that one to the right side, lunging for that Clement. He'll throw close place city, he'll shoot it down a second and Retchman has his first hip. So didn't field single.
Speaker 1: Friend about a Rushman with that blazing speed, just beating it out. My goodness, Rushman, fastest man alive. Unfortunately, Wilson ended up popping out to end the inning. Like I said, Brett Bateman had the double that ended up tying the game at one one. But here comes will You're in the fourth inning, swinging a.
Speaker 2: High fly ball right field, driving back Lucas. He's all the way to the wall. He's turning around, and that ball's gone. Make it ten cents the break and the Red Sox are on top two to one.
Speaker 1: William's power not slowing down lately, ladies and gentlemen. And it didn't stop there. You got a two to one lead here and here comes Setti in the top of the fifth.
Speaker 2: Sack flying the third, the swinging hit a high rive centerfield straight away. Bateman's racing back all the way to the wall, leaping, can't get it.
Speaker 1: It's gone, Saint don with a bomb. But after that, Patrick Sandoval gave it right back. Andre Samenez with the base hit straw with a ground ball to Durbin off his glove, a rare error only seventh ERA on the year. You got runners on first and second. At this point, Lucas lays down a sack bunch moves the runners over to second and third. McAdoo with a sack fly custod ly to three to two. Bateman, Holy cow, Bateman, this guy's looking pretty good. Base hit the center field that ties the game at three. And then will your holy cow, will your bray you with that great defense? Yet again, here comes vlag Junior ropes one into the right field corner. Let's take a listen, line drive.
Speaker 2: Head up for right field. That's gonna sneak into the corner. Bateman heading into third. Yeah, they're gonna hold him. They're throwing a second base got him. Guerrero is house. He is cut down on stereo coming out.
Speaker 1: Now. Mota got a little banged up on this one on the slide, but will you he ended up being a but yeah, Vlad, I don't know. Vlad kind of slowed down in between first and second. I'm not I don't know if he stumbled or like whatever, but I don't know. But Willier, you gotta be you gotta make sure you're on top of your base running. When Williams got the ball, ladies and gentlemen. But luckily nothing else came of that. But six inning, Sandoval back out there, Springer with a walk, Alejandro Kirk with a base hit. Springer goes over to third base, and like I said, you know, could this have been a time two go you know, to Tyrone Guerrero a little early here, right, and then you know, maybe go you go to slate in there. I don't know, I guess the way they have things laid out, you know, it is what it is. But Blue Jays ended up capitalizing Clement with the ground out. Runner scores makes it, makes it four to three straw of the bass hit, but then he strikes out Jim andz and he gets Lucas to ground out. Overall, this was the law start for Sandoval on the year. Six innings, eight hits, four runs, only two were earned because you had those mishaps a little earlier. He strikes out four three walks, you know, so he was hittable here tonight. Defense didn't help him out. Command was a little iffy, especially second and third time through the order. So you know, it is what it is. You know, I said this last night, it was It's obviously a mismatch. Dylan sees Patrick Sandoval. Yeah, I'd put my money on cease which all day every day. That kind of a pitching backship. But the fact that Sandoval, you know, he did do enough to keep you in this one, and heck, he did enough to even get a win here today. It's unfortunate, But then the bullpen seventh inning, Tyrone Guerrero one two three looked great. Eighth inning, Seth Martinez making his Red Sox debut an era of a five point five five down at Worcester with a five point point nine very home run prone, lots of hard contact against him, two home runs per nine extra pla over sixty inns. Springer with a bass hit, Jimenez with a hit by pitch, Miles Straw with a double made of five to three. I'm gonna be honest, when Seth Martinez came into the game, I felt like it was over at that point. You always feel like that is just a sign of things to come. When you got a guy that you called up just to give you some kind of innings, and when you see numbers like that, extra pl a. Yeah. I'm not saying they gave the game away. That's not what I'm saying, But like you know, when you're down by a run, you're you're just hoping for the best at that point, you know, I thought he was looking. You know, he's got a bit of like a side armish kind of a slot, got some interesting movement on his pitches, but he was just leaving stuff over the plate. And like I said, two home runs per nine extra pla, yeah, I mean he's been prone to a lot of hard contacts. So it is what it is. Red Sox couldn't come up with anything in the ninth innings so well, Masa had a double fifteenth on the year, but so Guard grounded out before that, Setti with the ground out, Jumenez making a nice play, and then Adley unfortunately grounded out to end the game. Final score blue Jay's win at five to three. Blue Jay's just played a better game here tonight. I do think tip of the cap to the Blue Jays, obviously, but I think the Red Sox they clearly shot themselves in the foot a couple of times, but it doesn't matter. Blue Jays are the better team here tonight. They made less mistakes, they came up with a couple of more timely hits, moved runners over. Blue Jay's looked better here tonight. What can you do? You're hoping for a better outcome for the Red Sox over the next couple of games. We're going to talk about that in just a second. If you can, ladies and gentlemen, hit the like button for me. And if you are finding this for the first time, subscribe if you are new, quick break and then we'll preview game three. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Science Experiment for the one minute we had to tell you about why we love Quint's electrolytes, including watermelon salt, raspberry salt. And I'm holding a citrus salt. Just opened it and pour some powder into my water, shake it up, and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 4: I love Quints because after a long night out, a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity, it tastes great and it gives me all the electrolytes I need. Why sugar free steava free keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 3: It does taste really good. I'm drinking it right now while we talking about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's qui ncee dot com slash fou l for free shipping and three sixty five day returns quints dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 1: Alright, a game three tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen, and you know you feel like you got yourself a pretty good situation. Ranger Suarez on the mound. The best game per game score for Ranger on the year was against the Blue Jays in Toronto earlier in the year. That was in April April twenty seventh. He went eight innings, only one hit aloud, only one walk, ten strikeouts. Ranger Suarez looked great, however, over the last few starts since coming back from the il from a groin injury has not fully looked the same. He hasn't been able to make it five innings in either of those starts. He's gone eleven and two thirds innings ERA at a four point sixty three FIP is a full run better at a three point six to zero. But the command just hasn't been there for him. He just feels like he's lacking the feel. I've talked about this with Ranger. He's a guy where you know, he's not gonna be a guy that's gonna be pumping v lo by you right, He's gonna be relying on the movement. He's gonna be relying on location. And when he doesn't have the feel, you know, he's just you know, as you can see, the last few starts hasn't gone well. So seems like, you know, maybe a feel thing with grip, maybe something mechanically he's working through. You gotta remember too, coming back from a groin injury, I mean, hey, lower body injury. Sure it's not the arm, but you know that can maybe mess with some things mechanically. You know that can mess with your extinctionion a little bit there, So you know, something to pay attention to with Suarez over the next couple of starts. But hopefully the more he continues to get these side sessions under him, these starts under him, we get back to the ranger that we were seeing a lot this year and now going up against Jose Soriano. First start against the Red Sox this year, four and two thirds innings, four hits, two runs, one earned three k's against the Phillies in his Blue Jay's debut with Jose Soriano. I mean, listen, there's a lot of reasons why he's having a breakout year. This is why he was sought after at the deadline, because you're seeing a lot of good things. He's gonna give you very good v LO right around ninety six ninety seven miles an hour on average. He's gonna get a lot of chase seventieth percentile, a lot of swing and miss eighty ninth percentile. He's racking up a good amount of strikeouts sixty fifth percentile with a strikeout percentage. Now, he's also gonna get a lot of ground balls too. But there's a couple of things that have been holding him back. He has been giving up a lot decent amount of barrels, decent amount of eggs of v low, decent amount of hard hit. The command has not been amazing with him seventeenth percentile with the walk percentage. So with the Red Sox, get back to what you were doing. Get the bat on the ball, make some quality contact and do what you did here today is well, work the counts. You drew seven walks here today. Start trying to move some runners over a little bit. I think you're going to try to see Chad Tracy be a bit more aggressive right on the basis tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if you see him try to push a lot of buttons in those situations. Right, you get a guy on they looked to sack bunt, look to heck even steal. So be on the lookout tomorrow, and again keep up this great play. You know that was even though you lose here tonight, that was a positive, right, seven walks, you got the traffic. So Soriano, like they do with sees here tonight, try and get to that bullpen a little sooner. However, with Soriano, you are going to have a couple of a couple of pitches. You're gonna have to pay attention to here. The curve ball has been excellent with him this year. Batter's only hitting one to eighty nine against it. The sinker getting a lot of ground balls, getting a lot of weak contact. Now taking a look at the run values here, I mean this sinker gets so much movement five inches of vertical or twenty six inches of vertical drop, that is five more inches compared to the average. He's got a four run value on it. But the curveball has been deadly with him forty seven with percentage. He's getting a forty three percent strikeout percentage on it. So the Red Sox, you know, they're going to have to try and lay off this curveball as best as possible. He's gonna throw a splitter in there too, that's splitter. He's getting a good amount of drop on that as well. He's got a four run value. So yeah, lots of ground balls, curveball, splitter, been out pictures. The Red Sox are going to have to do what they can, but try and lay off these pictures out of his own. He's gonna try and strike you out with him, so try and lay offs. So we'll see what the Red Sox can do. But Soriano has been very good this year, and obviously you're gonna need these guys to try and get some things going more in the lineup again, I could see Tracy trying to plug a little bit more, trying to push some more buttons with the base running. So what do we got going on the chat? What have we got going on? Steve, founder of the New Member Music. What does a guy need to do to get a shout out? Robbie? Steve? What's going on? Man? How you doing, Steve? How you doing? Unfortunately Duran getting thrown out of second base. Steve, I don't know what to do. Uh, don't do it? Uh? Five point five zero era guy gets called up and no Arius? You know with with Monasterio, let's look at the numbers with him over the last few games or so, you know, are I'm not gonna be the one that's gonna be saying, oh, we need to get Arius up here, right, but you kind of wonder if they do eventually give him a shot. You know. With the bat, Monasterio has been good, you know, hitting three hungred over his last seven games. He's getting on base close to four hundred over the last seven. Now, the last couple of games, he's starting to cool off. Like he did have a hit here tonight, but he went oh for four against the A's. He had a pink shit appearance against the Blue Jays yesterday, didn't get a hit. So Monasteria is something to pay attention to. But then again, you wonder if again I'm totally speculating about Wilson, But then again, you know, could if Wilson goes on the IL, I don't know, could you call up Arius at that point? Right and then you you know, move Mona and you know, have him and Soguar play at second base, and uh, one of those guys plays first, then you know Arius or you know, we talked about Shang earlier, But could you call up Arius in that kind of a situation. Totally speculating, totally spitballing, But I don't know. You wonder, but I don't think they're gonna want to rush him at this point. The only way they call him up is you know, he's looking great and he's checking off boxes. You hear that a lot with the Red Sox with call ups checking up, checking off boxes. So they're gonna be looking more, you know, than you know how many home runs he might be hitting or whatever. Right, they're gonna be looking at how he's doing in certain situations, how he's working counts, so swing decisions right. Then again story at some point. We're gonna see story in the next couple of weeks too. So it's like, I don't know, you wonder, how's this all gonna work out? We'll see, Yeah, Steve problem, Duran's actually been more productive lately. Problem is nobody ever on base when he does. Yeah, you know, let's see. I will say tonight was definitely an improvement over yesterday. You just just fighting to get that big hit, you know, Yeah, a couple of home runs here tonight, but you know, you'd love to be able to do more damage on those kind of pictures. So Colin, Yeah, George Lombard, they called him up in the Yankees to start winning, right, so yeah, you know, gave them, He gave them a bit of a spark. He's also looked pretty good just in the in the dugout as well, like really talking with some of the guys in there. Seems like a guy that's got good leadership with him. Hey, good for the Yankees, I guess, But also speaking of the Yankees, let's talk about the standings. What have we got going on the Rays? Unfortunately, we're dropping games here over the last four while the Rays continue to win games. They've won seven straight up to this point. At the time of the show, the Yankees coming off another win. So you have now fallen three games behind the Yankees and the wildcard. You're still holding on to the second wildcard firmly. The Rangers in the third wildcard spot right now. The Tigers are getting red hot. The Tigers are getting hot, man. They're eight and two over the last ten. They've won three in a row without Schooble. That's man. Like I've said this, I've said this before, I think once on here and then over on the main channel as well. Could you imagine, man, they even without schoolbl they can go on a run. You know, it's crazy, crazy crazy. Baseball is so weird, man, Baseball is so weird. But look out for the Tigers. They're a game out, The Twins are a couple of games out. The Guardians are two and a half out. They've dropped a few. I mean, the Orioles are still right there even without Adley. Two and a half out. You know, look at the Blue Jays here. I mean speaking of the Blue Jays, I mean, you know, they have been playing better as a flight. They're three out. You know, baseball's weird, man, Baseball's weird. The Maritors, holy cal, the maritis completely fallen off. They're four a half out, They've lost five in a row. Baseball is so weird, Baseball so weird. But everybody, I'm gonna wrap it up right there. That is all we got here for tonight. Again, you know, frustrating loss, frustrating losing streak. Hopefully they can get this back on track over the next couple, salvage a split. Hopefully Ranger gets himself right here tomorrow, and hopefully we can get these bats going a little bit more. We'll see. But everybody, that's all I got for tonight. If you kind of the way up, hit that like button, subscribe if you're new, and we'll see tomorrow. Go down. No