Speaker 1: Hey, guys, it's your favorite. Don't care.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and click that subscribe button below so you don't miss a single episode of Nightcap. That button right here. Come for the sports, stay for the story.
Speaker 3: Hey y'all take me back, bro, take me back to two thousand and nine, twenty ten. Boh, we were running through the at L streets. T what what?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: That was the best time in my life. Why boys, man, y'all changed my life. Whoy was this a little green kid from India?
Speaker 1: And why ain't no nothing.
Speaker 4: Ours but know nothing?
Speaker 5: Hey, these boys got a challenger.
Speaker 3: Man, I tell I tell the story. Uh even one night we got in. It had to be by two three in the morning, and uh me, you and Josh had a challenger and we was on the freeway racing. I'm the only one guy pulled over and y'all kept going, I said, man, listen, I went on, pulled over. I don't want no problem. He let me go any damn way, so you know, cool, But he them with some good times.
Speaker 1: Bro, that some good times.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I hate it, you know it had to end the way it did. But I always say, it's the house that Dominique built. Help me Josh and t. We put a little stucco, you know, we we we put some new lighting, you know, some new side in there. Trade came in and renovated that thing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: I think Jaylen Johnson got a chance to redo the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna keep it one hunting Bro. I think this Hawks team it's gonna surprise a lot of people. Obviously defensively we can guard. Uh, we just gotta be able to score and rebound. I just think the size. Like as much as I like the Flemings kid from from Houston, I love him as from a point guard perspective, but we do need a little more beef down there, Bro, to help them boys out, because that's really what hurt us against the Knicks.
Speaker 5: I don't know I've seen that they had a trade in for like people been talking about Jared Allen.
Speaker 4: If we can get Jared Allen, man, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you y'all think hold on, hold up, y'all think Cleveland get rid of it.
Speaker 5: Nah, I mean they go. They gotta get out of that second apron though. They gonna have some money around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the facts, because they they wanted the top the top ones, ain't they Jeff, Yeah, they got.
Speaker 5: That one of the highest payrolls for sure. And Donald he ain't holding back on nobody. He just got that new.
Speaker 6: He said, I put a ring on I just put a ring on it too.
Speaker 1: I gotta like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the NBA has definitely, Uh, the landscape of the league has changed.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: You know you're looking from how the game is played now, it ain't. It ain't no post players no more. You know, you probably got three post players for real, for real, mb Jo Kic here, who else?
Speaker 6: So I said they copy basement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really ain't no post players.
Speaker 3: It's not, bro, it's not the game. The game has changed, man. And hey, the way they getting up and down the floor scoring these points.
Speaker 1: It's a guard heavy league.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 5: I wish I was just ten years younger. Boy had a pass ball to you niggas. I mean, you guys, you know, show a little different. Hey, you know you know time it was a little different.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know you got thrust into that, but you held your own, bro. But yeah, we needed that. We needed that peakd T that when y'all was out here running the Eastern Conference, running you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the one that's.
Speaker 4: Young, bro I was too young. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 5: Y'all was already a seasoned team, bro y'all, y'all just came off that playoff match up with Boston. Y'all was already kind of heading towards the right way. Y'all needed bit, y'all need a Kurt. I wasn't ready, but boy, when we got d Roll, I was like, I can't stay with this young boy. I can't say with it either, but I could I could take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had, Hey, you had to get on your horses. Black what It's a big difference. I think the point guard spot, broh. I watched my guy there's a cuff play for the Sacramento Now, you know, you gonna have your lumps and bruises at that position, because that's the hardest position to come into the league and play, because you're gonna come in and you're gonna have your two guard like Zach Levine, who's been in the league for quite some time now, you got to try to figure out how you can get yours off and how you get these other guys involved as well. It's similar to the quarterback in football. You know, what I mean, like, you gotta know how to distribute. You gotta know, you gotta go through your reeds. You gotta be able to pick stuff up a lot faster than a guy who's not a point guard or quarterback. So that point guard position hard, bro, especially when you come in and you ain't played the whole first round Tau and DN damn you run into Now you gotta guard the MVP. Like, I get it, Bro, I get it. I know that was challenging.
Speaker 5: It was challenging, But the hardest part is like realizing that y'all have grown in. Like I just came from everybody nineteen eighteen on my college team, not coming to that team with y'all twenty eight thirty, married, got kids. I'm trying to leave. I'm trying to tell y'all what to do. Y'all like, hey, boy, swing it over here. I don't worry about nothing they talk about. And you know, everybody, I didn't know about contracts and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: As a young boy. You don't know none of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, but that's why I heard you said before. That's why it's great to have ex vts on the coaching staff. You know, Ta, you had Nick van Ex When I was a rookie, I had Lester Kanna, and they would tell you the straight They would tell you straight up. Hey, look, bro, Lester Connor told me say, hey, man, you need to be in the bed by noon. I mean by twelve o'clock midnight. You know what I mean. You don't need to be out all night. You need to eat this way, you need to eat that way. You need to get to the gym. If we got practice at twelve noon, you need to be there at ten o'clock getting your work in them by the time them dudes get their the vets. Hell, you not already worked out twice. You just ready for practice. So it's little stuff like that, like even from him, because y'all know, hell y'all played on the Lester Condor with me here and let man listen the man wild call me to his house at night, Bro. His wife would cook and like, you know, just teaching me certain things to eat out. Yeah, now, don't don't put too much not too much mail, not too much ketchup.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just little things like that that as a professional athlete, Bro, you appreciate, because.
Speaker 1: Man, you come in you be so Green.
Speaker 3: You don't know, you're just so happy that you made it to the league, and you're like, I'm finna put on, I'm finna put on you man, listen, you got to fall in line, bro, you got to figure it out. That's the hardest part. That's the hardest part by being a pro.
Speaker 6: Yeah understanding, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Know that was tough for you though y'all just come out of high school. I couldn't imagine.
Speaker 3: Boy, now ho hold, not just coming out of high school, but smooth, you got drafted to the Hawks? You from here? Bro, Like tell her tell us, like real talk, tell us how that first year was. And then because I know, I think y'all only won thirteen games? Yeah what what that what they were hearing on?
Speaker 1: Bro? What that was?
Speaker 6: Like? It was?
Speaker 7: But that was that was That was a hard times because I you know, you you thinking like when you whatever situation you stepping into, you thinking like.
Speaker 6: This is this this has to be the stereo for everybody? Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Like, so I'm thinking, like every ownership, every every team is getting treated like how we getting treated. So I'm like, I'm just a deer head like I had Antoine Walker yeah, he was.
Speaker 6: He was probably the best, the coolest back.
Speaker 7: But we had like Kenny Anderson, yeah, Jeff Willis, Like they.
Speaker 6: Used to get into it all the time. Bro.
Speaker 7: So then you had you had our Harrington. But he he was like on his he was like on his deal. So he really wasn't trying to He really wasn't. He really was messing with me like that you in my way. I ain't got nothing to take you. I'm like like six years years in. He's like, man, I'm still in the league, bro, I ain't got nothing to tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And so I used to kind of like Leano Antoine because like Kevin, like Kevin Willis just wanted to give me like the rookie experience, but he never wanted to do nothing. Like I remember, I had always coming in with a nasty number from number forty two. I was coming there get my little a you number. That ship was Dashy's hell that I think about it. But it was like we're gonna sign Kevin Willis, can you uh can you change jerseys? I'm like all right, I I just picked five, Like, man, just give me five.
Speaker 6: It was for like no reason. I just threw a number out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So that's how it worked.
Speaker 6: Then when he came in, they was like people telling.
Speaker 7: Me how to Oh man, they gonna you know, the veterans show love when you when you give your jersey up, they're gonna give you somebody just that. The third I'm like, cool, all right, man, I'm rubbing. I'm rubbing my hands together, you know what I mean. I see him, what up? Y'all? He come, Joe just messing with me the whole time I'm in there. I'm like, all right, bro, this is I guess I'm getting the rookie haze from him. So I used to stay stay connected to Antoine whenever the chance I got. He was of everything though, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was a real one.
Speaker 1: Sure yeah.
Speaker 3: Now listen, you know twe and Kenny Anderson smooth. You know, they were my best when I was a rookie in Boss.
Speaker 6: See. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: These these kids today, don't they They threw It's like training day with them type niggas.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Ah, man, Hey, hey, hold up, t did you have to carry the backpack.
Speaker 5: When you were now y'all know, y'all popped my Cary did all that stuff to me.
Speaker 7: Man, he didn't want to carry about, didn't want to carry the back pack.
Speaker 6: He wanted to carry back.
Speaker 7: He wanted to carry it back pack, saying I carried the backpack. You know what I'm saying that, Jacky. I know that feeling, boy, because I had two other rookers with me, Joe Forte and Kedrick Brown Hell, and we all had to carry backpass.
Speaker 1: Not only backpacks.
Speaker 3: We had to get coffee in the morning. Don't I'm talking about these dudes. We wasn't even eating this stuff, drinking none of this stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh I know, Oh, trust me, I know, yeah, oh, I know.
Speaker 3: You had to make a few store runs.
Speaker 5: I had to get chrisy morning. I left them in my locker. I put them at the top. They was green. I remember smooth opening up. They was green because I just kept recycling them. I'm like, they don't even eat them.
Speaker 3: We had we had time, Broy. I think about those times. You know, Uh, there was always something going on. I always tell people Brown say, listen, Hell, they always talking about man, why the letter? Howks ain't never won no championship? Damn man, something going on every damn not soon we leave up Rina. Listen, we're going right up the street hitting Lucky Loud. We probably go go to the comedy spot before we hit the spot. A concert. It might be a concert one night. Somebody may have a big punty. It was something going on, some jumping in.
Speaker 7: Caller trail Bud, it's time to the owners. Was trying to go low budget on the coaches. To what you say, It was like, takey who got this one point at one point five? An't give us a chance on that.
Speaker 6: It was blessing new coaches and stuff.
Speaker 7: Now guys said their first coaches cribs off to let the horse down.
Speaker 6: Don don't do that. He had no pop.
Speaker 5: I remember one time we went out, man, I went to I knew the schedule to go out because you know, I wasn't playing, so I knew who.
Speaker 1: To go with on Wednesday?
Speaker 7: Who was going on phone after the game? Joe answer, you know, go ahead.
Speaker 1: He asking that.
Speaker 6: He was like, just meet me there.
Speaker 4: He's gonna tell you.
Speaker 6: He's gonna tell you. He's gonna tell you.
Speaker 7: We're gonna we're gonna do this and that rather the game and then they don't that thing.
Speaker 3: We ain't don't do that because we was in there.
Speaker 4: You used to get there.
Speaker 1: I just wasn't about to do that because.
Speaker 3: I know now if it was if it was something going on, damn it. We was there. I'm talking about We was there. You and me don't what it was.
Speaker 4: We went to the club at ten.
Speaker 5: We opened the club up and listened to no Hands for two hours.
Speaker 1: We hold on.
Speaker 3: We had just left like a concert or something. We were the first one in the spot that Roscoe Dash come on, no head.
Speaker 5: But we was in there for two hours before somebody got there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, time man at But before you got to the a bro, we were lean with it, rock with it.
Speaker 1: We were doing all that.
Speaker 4: I'm mad I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I hurt.
Speaker 6: They tried to send me to the G League.
Speaker 5: One day, y'all was going to Miami, and y'all was like, boy, you gotta go to the G League.
Speaker 1: I was like yeah.
Speaker 5: He was like, dang, we were going to Miami. Y'all was like, I beg rick clun I was I pleased. I beg you'll like, please, man, I don't think I would get better down there.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: After that, they said it's time out for the foolery. They they went and hide that hide that other man. And he came in. He started with me, you got me up out of there, got Marve up out of here. Next thing I know is that things weren't the same.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the same at all.
Speaker 6: Boy, it wasn't the same. I was ready to get on up out of there. Small.
Speaker 3: So when you went to Detroit, tell me something, because you went over there and you played the three and you had been playing pretty much the Fold with us, I'm saying they that's what they were telling you before you came over there.
Speaker 7: Oh man, when I signed the contract, they was like boom, werena, you're gonna play the three.
Speaker 6: I'm like, huh, I'm like no, like no, brother, let me you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I've been playing the Fold for nine years. Like I don't got to cust into that position. Like, just bring one of us up, Like if you just like sign me, just bring Greg a drumming off the bench, one of them. You know what I'm saying, because both of them kind of similar games. They just you know, will drummers. I mean, uh, Greg was more of a poster player, but like as far as like just down low scoring, like they were more like down there in the paint. I was like, more perimeter base and I could be more versatile, like guarding people. So I'm like just they're like, nah, we're gonna play all three of y'all together. I'm like, man, it's just somebody getting fired. Bro, somebody's not gonna work. Bro, it's not gonna work. So I got the weight down, and you know what I'm saying. I started figuring out position the position probably like a month into the season, because you know, it's it's a different position playing in the three from the four.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: He was chasing guys around screens and running through pick and roll.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's the scores position the two in the league.
Speaker 7: Man cooked me Bro the first the first game he just got the ninety ball.
Speaker 6: He was like, yeah, that's why y'all gave me the ninety.
Speaker 7: It ain't nothing I can do, though, you know what I'm saying, I'm fighting through screens contested.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: I was so mad.
Speaker 7: Bro. The next the next time we played him, I wore his ass out though. I was like, Bro, like they be bad, Bro, mark the calendar. I'm like, Bro, wait till we play in the end again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Just got paid. Man, he went slap off y'all. When y'all boys left, Man, it wasn't the same. Hey what, but it was a little better for you though. I see you you you you went ham out there. I got I got the ball. It was a little different, but it was we ain't go out I was. I was still trying to I was still trying to hold onto the memories. Bro, I'm going out by myself. I'm inviting people. Ain't nobody showing up. It was just different, Bro, I.
Speaker 3: Can imagine, Bro, I can but listen, y'all brought some y'all brought some love to the city.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: WHI ch'all made is Jeff to the Eastern Eastern Conference. Yeah, we went, y'all, y'all playing against that Cleveland team brin Kyrie.
Speaker 4: We wentn't once. Yeah, we got swept though, So.
Speaker 3: Damn Hey, when y'all be shooting at team, we y'all be shooting the five twenty.
Speaker 5: We got a studio and where Indianapolis. Oh yeah, yeah, while you're gonna come to the studio.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, man, I'll pull up on y'all come in town.
Speaker 5: We used to shoot at my crib. I don't shoot there no more. Smooth, came came to the.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all come to that, man, I do some yoga with y'all. Man, y'all come do some yoga with me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, last time you said that, hold on smooth.
Speaker 4: Last time we came to the.
Speaker 6: Letter, we came for Joe. Yeah, remember that what I had to sub in.
Speaker 3: We didn't talk. We didn't talked about this and got over this already. We didn't talked about it and got over.
Speaker 5: We went up to the ice old yogas spot looking for.
Speaker 6: You might be here doing yer. Joe.
Speaker 3: Gonna pull up bro, Hey, listen, listen, y'all got a good y'all got a good yoga studio. I like out there in Indiana. Bro to pull up on y'all for real. I want that man, you know, come out there and bless the studio. Man, see what got going on? Please do Bro? I do young, I've never done it before.
Speaker 4: I tried.
Speaker 1: To much.
Speaker 3: Grew up in church, I think DC usually what youngest.
Speaker 8: Of seven, youngest your eight youngest eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you grew up in church, bro, Yes, sir, all.
Speaker 8: Day every day. My daddy was sixty one when you had me.
Speaker 9: So you know what I'm saying, yeah, man, call me al, don't play with me, call me a grand brother.
Speaker 4: Oh so, just having.
Speaker 9: That spiritual you know what I'm saying, foundation, bro, it kind of kept me.
Speaker 8: It kept me in line.
Speaker 9: You feed me anytime that you know, I felt like I was being teared or I ain't feeling like doing something by stopped. Spirit always had me, you know what I'm saying, kept me in chick week week.
Speaker 8: The flesh is weak, my boy, Hello smooth.
Speaker 7: You grew up in church, broh hovery man hopefully like he did, like he did. Thank God for basketball. My mom was trying to put my tall less in the choir. I was like telling my mom, you're gonna go ahead of going whoop me man, I ain't.
Speaker 6: I can't six five catching the Holy Faith. I can't do that. Man, you got back.
Speaker 7: Man's back there laughing and you know, catching the Holy.
Speaker 3: Man the same way over here, bro, I grew up Baptist. Yes, I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: Ribbon everybody.
Speaker 3: Oooh, DC ain't gonna lie to you. You know, my grandma made me get in the choir. That's just what it was.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean, didn't nothing until you was a deacon. I'm like legend. Man, I'm in here training to be a.
Speaker 3: Fact until you've been a deacon and you had to get up in the choir and you had to get up there on Sunday, on Easter Sunday and say that. Say, boy, you ain't done nothing. Don't talk to me about it. To do it life.
Speaker 6: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 7: But you're strong, You're strong. You was a strong one for that one, Joe. Hey, but I had to get I had to get my ass whooped. I was cool with the whooping.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: Did y'all never play for the Church League?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 8: Did y'all never the Church Yeah? I did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah No, because hey, listen, you know when when we were young, we were coming up bro any league that we could play and say it ain't like today. All these kids got trainers and all that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You see, everybody got a training Now, all we did was who So if the Church League was jumping, we were playing in the Church League on Sunday, they hooping up at the court. We're going to play at the court with the fellas, you know what I mean. Anyway, they was hooping. That's how we got better.
Speaker 6: DC. I'm gonna be real.
Speaker 8: I thought I thought I was y'all in my head. Bro, I really, I ain't.
Speaker 1: Even gonna lie.
Speaker 8: If I put I can do whatever I put my mind to. But I realized when I go see y'all play, I'm like, no, Nigga, that was not what you were supposed to be doing. Like y'all is great, like y'all gotta it's a certain physique of an NBA player away life, Bro, I ain't no grocer.
Speaker 9: I was like nineteen yeah, you mean I'm five fold until I was like nineteen on six.
Speaker 3: Six mool Yeah. When when did you know you really had a chance, bro, to make it to the league. I'm saying like that was the play the entire time I was.
Speaker 6: Just trying to play basketball, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, even like in junior high and all that, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I had no idea. You know what I'm saying, You didn't.
Speaker 7: Now you now you get older, you be like, okay, I see why my my dad did this, Like he quit his job when when I was in high school, he was at home.
Speaker 6: A little more. You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, he knew.
Speaker 7: Like now, I know, like, man, I gotta stay close to this little you know what this little niggas. So I'm like, shit, okay, cool, I got it. I ain't understanding until like my senior in high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I did gave me a little talk, you know what I'm saying, because I still was thinking about going to college. I was talking about going to Indiana and all that. He was like, Bro, we ain't doing that through thirty.
Speaker 3: Boy, love pete boy. We might have to get old school. We had to get that's really Atlanta right there. I don't know if you remember Dan.
Speaker 6: He played he from all be but you know we was over there Ben Hill.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. He played one side.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: That that's why I started playing. You know what I'm saying basketball that over there at Ben Hill.
Speaker 9: You know what you got?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man started with really yeah, with the real, with the real pros.
Speaker 1: Real.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, that's how you learned how to play little you know how you put the little the court together?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Today you know, hey, hey, but that's how you learned.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: When we was kids, Bro, we just played, you know, we we we just played the game coming up.
Speaker 4: Bro, you know what I played.
Speaker 8: I played baseball all the way to the end. That's how I know I'm real good at that.
Speaker 9: Oh I played everything baseball, football, basketball, but baseball for show, for show.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 9: I talked a lot of ship about anything else but baseball for show.
Speaker 8: I can pack that up all day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you played any other sports?
Speaker 7: No straight straight basketball. I tried to throw to him at all. My dead was not playing.
Speaker 6: He wasn't going for it. Go to school. I like, I wanted to play back. I want to play football. He's like, but hell no.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I have.
Speaker 7: He went on the road because he drove trucks. I have slide, slid over there to my mama. Mam got there, signed me up.
Speaker 6: So he came on.
Speaker 7: When he came home, he seen the pass on the ground way, he gave it to me because school and ain't buying your dumb man's.
Speaker 6: No cleats you my wife college talk to him, but he was I was out there slipping the slider. God damn. I like, but I was like, man, you know what, man, I ain't I ain't playing no more.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I already know he speaking of football. Speaking of football, what's up, y'all?
Speaker 1: Falcons? Fans. What's up?
Speaker 8: Absolutely okay, I gotta take.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 1: I'm paying free.
Speaker 3: He's finna telling life. You gotta take a drink.
Speaker 6: I need to take me a drake to bro.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Smooth?
Speaker 6: We're paying freaks, Bro.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm I'm in Atlanta everything braves, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But you know what I'm saying. They owe me, man, They owe me too. They owe me a couple of times. They owe me from that situation.
Speaker 3: They even recovered from that, even if that was the one.
Speaker 6: But he had to sit there so much on five Bro, Oh my.
Speaker 9: God, I don't think people listen to I ain't seen a lot of people people I ain't.
Speaker 8: I ain't really get a chance to see Jordan's place. I saw a bro when he had TV like that. Bro, My f one't even watching ship.
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 9: You wan't going to those games, Bro, I actually got a chance to see. I used to hear stories.
Speaker 8: I used to we used to sit down and watch this nigga as a family.
Speaker 6: High school, the greatest greatest thing we ever had. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I ain't seen nothing like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we needed that man.
Speaker 6: Listen three man, I was. I ain't got over. I ain't got who I was, but that was that was crazy, bron, Let me.
Speaker 8: Break Let me tell you something. Let me break it down for I was talking so much ship.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: This is why I'm so mad. Brouse them nigga could have walked my ass in there, broke them Nigga like faulty deep.
Speaker 1: I'm in. That's said it boy. You know me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's all that, bro.
Speaker 8: It's three of twenty eighty three.
Speaker 9: Nigga, I'm talking so much cash money. I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna go take a smoke break.
Speaker 1: I'm chilling.
Speaker 8: We won this nigga by third quarter. My energy change by the fourth quarter. I remember this s like it we yesterday nigga. We gone transferred to go watch the game. Now I'm at the whole nother nigga house, but don't glued to the TV.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we're down.
Speaker 3: If folk.
Speaker 6: That when we talked the ball on.
Speaker 9: His helmant, Yeah, my heart started being fastest listen because I knew something was Look.
Speaker 8: I said, I know they're not about to do this, ship. I know they're not about to do this.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: Those folks scold again game and this schools still twenty eight thom folks came all the way back from three point. All we had to do was sco one te now and we stopped doing everything we were doing in the first quarter.
Speaker 6: Then why then why.
Speaker 8: I love the Falcon, But but y'all ripped my heart out my ship.
Speaker 3: Then, boy, oh man, hey, hey, y'all know, I know, man, I apologize brou They built the merced that beautiful stadium right after that thinking they were gonna make it right back.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I ain't trying to rub it in on y'all, just saying, bro, like I like going to the game.
Speaker 1: Oh what are you though? Can I.
Speaker 3: I'm a cowboy fan. Ain't gonna lie to y'all.
Speaker 6: I'm a cowboy fan, a cowboy fan for.
Speaker 3: Listen. Hey, I'm from Yeah, I'm from a little rock bro So you know, hey, man, because to us the Dallas bro, I've been a cowboy fan. I was born in it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I understand that, So listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we play the Foucon this year, but if we do, made me, you and Smook and you know, put a little something on it.
Speaker 6: You know absolutely, you know, I don't know you're talking about the foucons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna buy You're gonna be.
Speaker 6: You gotta get our quarterback.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, hold on, you're gonna think they're gonna Why do you keep doing it?
Speaker 1: Doing it? Why y'all keep doing that?
Speaker 8: Hold on, They're gonna be the same conversation every year.
Speaker 6: Do you think we know? No?
Speaker 8: Hold on, I'm gonna tell you me.
Speaker 9: And what when I'm telling you what we're gonna have to do is, first of all, we gotta stop. I don't know what's our quarterback status now previous you are getting guaranteed money to injured players.
Speaker 6: Who was already.
Speaker 8: Injured coming off the injury list. Let me tell you something. We ain't had a quarterback to finish a season.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 8: So let that sink in. Guarant t who money is that? When I'm not going to keep doing that, I'm and y'all gonna have to tell me boutt.
Speaker 3: L Hey hey, hold on, hold on, speaking speaking of that, Hey, hey, we got a video I want to show man. You jumped out with the trampoline and uh.
Speaker 1: Come on right there, but this is.
Speaker 3: I am hey d c tell the truth that it's a lot harder than what people think though, ain't it.
Speaker 8: Hey, people don't understand.
Speaker 1: First of all, you you.
Speaker 9: People watching people act like they ain't watched it, but they watch it.
Speaker 8: Almo fifteen twenty feet away from the goal.
Speaker 9: Bro, you hear me, you ain't no. So when them Bobby doing them flips, you gotta respect that. You feel me, I miss I had the time, but once.
Speaker 8: I got it, I was up.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, when y'all think about those times, you know, being before we traded for you to come to the Hawks, Bro, you know me being a huge fan of your game obviously in Arizona and uh, everything that you did in Sacramento. When you think about those Sacramento teams that you played on, Bro, early in your career, what you think made those teams so special?
Speaker 1: Bid?
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously the chemistry y'all had, and you know, the high IQ for the game, the way y'all passed the battle, the way y'all made the game easier for one another. What do you think, Well, what was so special about those kams? You genuinely liked each other, you know what I mean? So that's why that's what it's saying.
Speaker 11: That's why I tried to bring when I came to Atlanta, Like even like we'd gamble on the plane, you know, we're walking around the plane.
Speaker 1: We'll you know, go to dinner and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to make sure everybody would hang out with each other and really liked each other, you know, like us going to the mall, Like come on, everybody, put your shit down, but let's go to the mall.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hang out. Everybody just shoot the shit in a little bit.
Speaker 11: But that was the thing that like, like we competed though, like when practice, that second squad that we used to have, like a Scott Pollard, Bobby Jackson, heat O turculud, they used to beat our ass.
Speaker 1: In practice, you know what I mean. And so that used to give us ready as far as.
Speaker 11: Like, okay, shit, we know that like once if we don't have if we don't start out good with Howard plays, we knew where was the alpha dog on the team.
Speaker 1: We just knew coming in, like we just had to make sure we show up when when he needed us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey man, it was fun watching you guys. It was fun playing against y'all. I'll never forget Bro, I mean from ce Web to Blotted d Bots to Doug Christy, those guys were hell of a answers and i Q to the roof and then you add you to that mix. Bro, y'all was just a hell of a team. Think about those legendary Kings versus versus Lakers battles. Tell us a little bit about those battles, Bro knowing, he knowing what we know. Now, you know what I'm saying, smooth, knowing the game, y'all may have been robbed a little bit? Do you honestly heldo? Do you honestly think it was really you see this ship?
Speaker 11: Man, Look, that's a whole that could change my whole that could have changed my whole career.
Speaker 1: You know I was rolling out.
Speaker 11: Now what if it looks like if I get we go to the finals, I get finals MVP, that's gonna look a whole a whole.
Speaker 1: Lot better on my on my resume than the ship I got.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Oh, now, listen, bib, I ain't gonna lie to you, y'all. Y'all probably should have had one boy, y'all ain't not no no now because y'all had a whip. Y'all had a whip. I'm talking about main Listen, I ain't think I didn't think nobody could beat that Lakers, Kobe and sh but brouh when I tell y'all push them to the bring. Obviously, under certain circumstances, maybe y'all would have won it. But man, that was a pleasure to watch, you know what I mean, Because I was a young book. I was just coming into the league in oh one, bro, You know that that was everything to me to see great, great basketball like that played at the high.
Speaker 1: Just to be a part of that.
Speaker 11: I think Shaq's the biggest, the best big man that ever played the game, you know, cop Kobe is top two for me. Just to be in those battles and going to LA and seeing all those movie stars and the guys that you look up to, you know in the movies coming and cheering against.
Speaker 1: You, knowing we had a beat.
Speaker 11: I mean, I couldn't ask for nothing else, man, But like I wanna pump you guys up a little bit too, you know, I mean coming to you guys, I mean, it was probably the easiest games that I have.
Speaker 1: Had to play, you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: Like they always talk about my defense, how bad My defense was, but shit, I didn't have to be good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I got smoothed back there, you know what I mean. So that that that blocked out a lot of stuff and like and sin screens for.
Speaker 6: You, Joe.
Speaker 11: A lot of these god, a lot of these point guards. I said the best I thought. I used to set the best screens.
Speaker 3: Oh hold up, Babby, baby, baby, hold up. I've never in life, even playing with Nash mar Berry, Kenny Anderson, I played with some grace.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody saiding no screen. How you said the screen you're in me? That boy ain't nothing but chance over there, boyd smooth all chair, He don't don bitch prisds when he going the gym. Now he in the way like.
Speaker 6: Like a colorbad.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey he in the weight room. And that boy gonna say the mean skin, mean screen. I ain't gonna learn to you.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 11: But that ship that no one ever wanted to switch, you know, I mean, I I always had to, always had a little guy. So I set the screen, and he was not He did not want none of you, Joe, and he would Joe wide open jump shotting whatever. I'm even with smooth, So I mean like even playing with you guys, man, it kind of changed my game to us, Like you know, I looked up and like Atlanta was put like Atlanta's Sacraments are two best places that I've been, the two best teams I played on. You know, like I still talk to you guys, and still you know, talk to Jamal when I see him. I saw a c Law a couple of weekends ago.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, hold on that saying a lot, bro, you play. You played with the Heat with d wayde Brun, You went to New York, Man.
Speaker 1: You giving up?
Speaker 11: Yeah, because I mean that's the I mean, being there and being with you guys like the most fun I had, Like as far as being on the court and playing basketball, like that's the way I wanted to play. I got it was I got. I was just all fast break. I mean I could think that. You can look at the highlights of me and smooth. I was throwing that bitch from anywhere.
Speaker 6: I just took throw that up.
Speaker 11: But I gonna get in, like playing with playing with you, Joe, just no guys gonna get it. And all I had to dudes go find an open spot because they're gonna double team you you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I was like, shit, I just got not getting shot. I wanted to.
Speaker 11: Remember Smooth, remember that bet we had. Remember I said, Smooth, not to shoot ten threes all season.
Speaker 3: Remember we were just talking about the other day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I shot about the six six of them that Maymber. I was supposed to be All Star game. You should have been All Star.
Speaker 1: Came was like, that wasn't the three? I didn't shoot the three? I said, Smooth, I ain't keep I ain't keeping stats. You He's like, like, I need to shoot No.
Speaker 6: Three.
Speaker 1: He doesn't shoot No. Three. We had, we had, We have the most.
Speaker 11: Fun there man, being there, being with you guys, and like Joe, I'm the only one that could stop you.
Speaker 1: I remember if you.
Speaker 3: Remember, oh man, hold on, hold on so so right before the game, right before the buzzer by the sign and started lining up probably about the last five or six minutes. Me and being played one on one every game. We used to play one on one.
Speaker 1: Joe, Joe hold say, my son just came in here and look, Hey, what's up.
Speaker 3: I remember, Hey, Hey, I remember when you were in your own Hey, we're good man, good to see you, Bro. Keep doing your thing. I know you have to appreciate that, y'all.
Speaker 1: Good to see y'all. Two yes, sir, good tell our story.
Speaker 6: Joe.
Speaker 1: I used to look, I'm the first and.
Speaker 3: I could lock you up so so so me and Bibb used play one on one before every game, bro, and it's like, uh you know, uh uh good, good, honest defense.
Speaker 1: He claimed.
Speaker 3: He thinks he'd only one who used to lock me up. But we should have some good battles though, Bill Hey, because you know what she used to get me going before the game. You know what I mean, It gets your juices.
Speaker 11: Floor couldn't blocked shots, so you couldn't.
Speaker 1: You couldn't.
Speaker 11: The rule was you couldn't block the shots and you couldn't do anything. I used to hit him in the top of his head and we just played in the remember remember the Big Three.
Speaker 1: I was fucking okay.
Speaker 6: I said, let me gordon my garden.
Speaker 1: I'm over there wrapping his arm and catching and beer.
Speaker 6: He a chad.
Speaker 3: He talked about what we played in the Big Three, and he was playing with the ghost ball and ting about let him guard me. Hell like, hey a smooth, hey, smooth. I was handing out buckets like they were skilled on what I man, you have something you have something.
Speaker 1: Like he was killing. I'm only one next stopping man.
Speaker 3: Stop with hey, hey, hey, listen, hey, we had a hell of a time here.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: Look you know Bill, before you get before we traded for you, we wasn't in the playoffs hit that year. We end up making the A seed with you when we end up playing against the Boston Celtics, and we all know how.
Speaker 1: That historic uh Syria.
Speaker 3: We couldn't we weren't competing worth the damn in Boston, but couldn't get no dub over here.
Speaker 6: At least at least we had ain't.
Speaker 3: Hold on smooth smooth Bill. No lie, I've never in my life.
Speaker 1: Seen Atlanta rock neither man they neither.
Speaker 3: And they had some good teams trade and took them to the Eastern Conference finals. I ain't never seen that building jumping like that. We had the Highlight Factory movie man, man, some good times. Man.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was definitely definitely.
Speaker 3: Bro oh man, come on, bro, come on, I'm.
Speaker 6: The only one that paid.
Speaker 1: How crazy you got?
Speaker 6: Jill?
Speaker 1: Hey, you gotta get my money? Got chill? Hey, you got a chill?
Speaker 3: He Hey, we got to sit and we got to send one prayer up, Bro for a good friend.
Speaker 1: I man, Big J.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: I know, we had some great times with Big J. We had some great fun times.
Speaker 3: We all used to go ahead, smooth head again to the big oh Man, oh Man. We used to have some great time. I tell cats all the time how I used to play cards with us too.
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 3: It used to be Me, Bib, Josh and Big J and we cranking jokes on each other and everything. And if I had a little shit and dig at the crib. Big J was the first one to show up, Bro. So I actually not accidentally, but I ran into him at the Atlanta Hawks game last season.
Speaker 1: Bro, I get.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he had already got diagnosed, but uh, you know, he didn't say nothing about it, and me and him sat there and chopped it up for probably about ten minutes.
Speaker 1: It was a game.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what game it was. And I hadn't seen him since, Bro. And then when I heard the news, I was like, damn, and it took me back to all those memories we had on the plane the bus rides. Because at the end of the day, y'all know, Bro, once we stopped playing professional. That's the one thing that you really missed that they come riderie that you have with a cat me Josh, you know that were we're talking on the plane the bus playing cards, and it just made me think back, how man life is short, Bro. But big Ja was a great dude. It was a great real quiet.
Speaker 1: But who gave him the name big r V? I think you did.
Speaker 3: You can't everybody nickname bro Hey smooth.
Speaker 7: He was a bad Implorence bro Florence man man alegated hands. Remember he big Jayson lotion on. He was getting on his head, skinned.
Speaker 6: Cards like that.
Speaker 7: Man, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they were so they were so dry hey crazy.
Speaker 1: There was days, bro, one of the best times I had.
Speaker 11: I said, like, no matter what team I played, but I put uh with you guys and uh Sacramento up there.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: It was just fun times.
Speaker 11: It was basketball, you know what I mean? Like when I went to New York that shit, my career was over, man was I didn't.
Speaker 1: Want to I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 6: I was done playing.
Speaker 1: Wood He was like, Mike, come play one more season. I'm like, Woody, I'm dumb man. He was like He's like, just come play.
Speaker 11: I said, buddy, I am done. So like when I got there, I had no intention to play no games. I'm not gonna lie to you now. I got there, I was like, man, I'm working out, okay, you know I'm gonna try.
Speaker 1: I was out there trying, but I just didn't have it in me. No more like in the games, what do you would be like you want to play the day? I was like, nah, but I'm cool. Just leave me over. Don't feel like you need to play me with it. I worked out already.
Speaker 11: Then, you know, be some games like four minutes left, like you want to play, yeah, put me in. Let me go ahead and just run a little bit. So, I mean, I was done already, but I mean it wasn't the same as with you guys and come there like going to you guys, I felt I still like, I felt like I had a little bit left in the tank, you know what I mean, coming there and just playing to Okay, I'm the older guy in the team. Let me try to see if I could rejuvenate these guys and you know, get them to play. And we kind of got in a fast paced play and we just played, I mean, and it showed like it showed just the talents that you guys had and for me to be like an old wheel to come in and just trying to push you guys along. You know, it made my time. Like so that was one of the best times of my career being in line with y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, hey, we appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: We had a great time, not not only just playing on the court, but off the.
Speaker 1: Quarter as well. Life was great.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: NBA players, Achilles tendon tears are linked to small spikes in playing time study fines.
Speaker 1: A recent study.
Speaker 3: Found that players lot more more minutes than the season averages doing the ten to fifteen games before the Achilles tendons rupture. What do you guys think about achilles tears?
Speaker 1: Smooth?
Speaker 3: You told your achilles in the Big Three? Hold on before you get to your story. Germany, he tore his achilles in the Big Three. Guess who had to wheelhim through the airport.
Speaker 5: MM.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look like look how God work. Look I see I come to the airport, I see smooth. He's struggling and bucking here a wheel chair. I'm like, damn, what going on? I said, come on, man, let me get that man rolling? Man, he ain't smooth. Tell us man, tell us about that Achilles tending terror, bro.
Speaker 6: It's nothing to play with, man, It's no joke.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, did you feel before you tore it? Did you feel anything like? Did you feel it getting weak? Did you have any problems a week proud or it's just it was normal?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't.
Speaker 7: I mean I think I think I when I dunked the ball, because I haven't did it in a long time, I think it probably put my body in the shop.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Like kind of like you know, when I was playing the Big Three, I already had my mom made up on how I was gonna play it. I was gonna I wasn't trying to go one hundred percent of you. You already know it's it's a great lead.
Speaker 6: But you know, you gotta be able. You don't want to you don't want to go out like you don't want to blow a tie like that type in that type of environment. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I would have rather did it in the NBA if I was gonna do it, you know what I'm saying. But for me to for me to be able to have a healthy career like that and then go to the Big Three and then do that. It was kind of like I didn't I didn't pick a ball up for a minute. But I don't know the blow shoot, I used to wear like mes and eyes.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to blame all kinds of stuff. Maybe because I had some lows on or I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know how it happened. But I pumped facted and try to try to pull off that right.
Speaker 3: But I feel you think, did you look back, you thought somebody trip?
Speaker 6: You? Like, yeah, When I look back and I ain't seen nobody there, I was like I knew what it was. I just I just shook my head. Man. I was like, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: Man. Listen, when we were playing here for the Atlanta Halls two thousand this had to be two thousand and nine, Germany, I was sitting out. I don't know if Smooth remember this, but they had set me out for like a week. Smooth y'all went on West Coast Trip. I think you you had them cut up, you had them balled out West Coast Trip. I was here in Atlanta with Wally blades getting treatment every day. Yeah, it was my calf. My calf was sore I had I had a knot. I literally had a knot at my achilles, in the middle of my achilles, and Doc told me like, it's gonna pop if you keep playing. So they ended up shutting me down Germany. So the team going off. I'm just going to the reen every day, just getting treatment, me and Wally Blaze. And after about two days of treatment, I'm like, blade, man, I gotta break a sweat.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I ain't broke no sweat. Like they gonna come back off this road trip. You know, they gonna throw me back after I'm already thirty five forty minutes a night. You know what's gonna happen. He was like, Cause, you know, with that type of injury, smooth Germany, you can't. It's hard to walk, let alone, job, get on a bike. You can't do none of that. Like when that thing flame, it's a rap, bro, you know what I mean. So so he said, he said, man, you should come try hot yoga with me and my wife. I look at him, Jennal, I'm like, man, I ain't fanna do no damn hot yoga that's exactly what I told him. The man fan do no damn hoig yoga and boom, I grab my bag smove I left. His wife called me on the way to the crib. She was like, Joe, I think you should come. Try to hot yoga to loosen up your quad muscles. Take the pressure off your knees, and loosen up your hamstring, take the pressure off your low back. It'll loosen up your calf muscles, and it'll take the pressure off your achilles. So I'm like, all right, she didne told me something. Now I'm willing to do anything to get back right, get back health to kill y'all. Finna come back off the road smooth. I'm ready to get back out there, get to some action, right boom jeremah going Now I meet I meet them up there. We do the hot yoga class.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: I've never in life sweated this hard in my life. Bro, I felt like a totally different person after class. After class I'm talking about I felt like my movement was better. My body had done opened.
Speaker 1: Up, you know what I mean. I ain't here.
Speaker 3: I still got some aches and pains, but I feel pretty damn good. Boom Blades tell me. He said, just meet me at the arena the next day and we just come follow up with treatment. I said, all right, cool, but I was so geeked. I'm like, man, I'm going back tomorrow because I felt good. I felt like if I could go two days in a row. He was like, nah, don't, don't, don't, don't go two days in a row. Just come to the rent and get treatment. I was like, all right, cool, but I still win anyway. I ain't telling man, I almost passed out in class because I ain't understand hi dration, ho dration. I ain't understand like how to hydrate, how to replenish the body because hot yoga, although it's a detox and it takes all the bad out, hell it takes, it takes all the good too, so you have to put the good back in. I ain't understand that early. I'm just going, you know what I mean, I'm getting my little stretch on because I wasn't flexible at all. I couldn't like, you know, touch my toes and none of that. And without flexibility, you know you're bound to get injured, you know what I mean. That's what they kept telling me. So man, I took a liking in the yoga bro for Wally Blades who hooked me up. But if it wasn't for that, I probably would have had a real major Achilles too. I'm talking about I literally had a nod in mind, Like I couldn't even walk in the morning, Bro, That's how bad it was. So hopefully, you know, we won't have no more Achilles tears to you know, none of our top guys in the league.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: But it's unfortunate because this is what we talk about Germany Smooth. You know, these guys take the regular season, they just kind of take it as a joke, not necessarily as a joke, but they don't really take it that serious. They want to, you know, hurry up and get to the postseason. Well, when we get to the postseason and you out there going full throttle and you ain't even went for a throw out an all damn year, that's when we're starting to see these tears because every possession is idle at an all time high, you know what I mean, like you playing your heart is like you.
Speaker 1: So I can kind of.
Speaker 3: See how these how these Achilles tears are happening. But I hope they can crack down on it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: I seen my boy, Dame Little. I said he'd been in the gym. He looked good, man, he looked like he getting back. And you've seen him Germany.
Speaker 10: Man May every day, every day working hard.
Speaker 4: Got it, man, Man got it.
Speaker 6: Admired for sure, I do. Bro, you know you feel so good.
Speaker 7: I've seen them running some seventeens like you back back in high school.
Speaker 10: I've seen it too, Bro, don't sleep on what's going on up there in Portland right now?
Speaker 1: What you mean, what's going on? What you got?
Speaker 3: You see what they just did in the first round. You're getting Dame back and they just made a move.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: People hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 6: People got something.
Speaker 3: They went and got Joe Germany. Something they can't keep. They can't keep all them guards. You got School Henderson, you got Drew Holliday. You can't kick some gotta change. But what they got up there, they got some up there.
Speaker 1: They got something.
Speaker 3: But here's a second round team for sure. Hold on, hold on, hold on, they got something. Here's a question. Will Joe, as great as he is with the ball in his hand smooth, would y'all be able to play off ball, because we know Dame can play off ball. Hell, he can catch and shoot with the best of them.
Speaker 7: That's what I was about to say, he has. We got to see, uh what y've been doing as far as his floor space. Can he catch and shoot Kenny space for like, like like how you said Dame can do or like how you dreudo mess of the art of space and the floor as well. So, uh, that's gonna be the next evolution, next step of seeing. Uh, that's the only way that this whole thing is gonna be able to work if if guys are able to play off ball a little bit, let the other guy kind of like run the offense or be able to get touch paint whenever, to be able to, you know, make teammates better as well, to kind of take that pressure off of a job and other other guards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and you know a y'all both know, man, the point guard position nowadays is at a premium meaning, man, if you can't score the ball, hell, if you can't shoot the ball. And that's my only concern. I mean when we talk about Portland, Jo John three point percentage just been bad.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: I think he had I think he low twenties. Man, if I ain't mistaken, you.
Speaker 10: Don't have jobs having to take more off the dribble, and Memphis he ain't had. Nobody can get off the ball and the handle that ball and create for him. Now you're getting up to the Portland where you got Danger's gonna handle the ball, you got Drew and hendon the ball, and you got school whether they bring him off the bench or not, that can also create open shots for him. I'm not saying he's gonna go up there and shoot forty five percent, but when Dame shooting that ball at the clip, he's going to shoot it at They got to help off somebody, and that's an easier shot for Joll to take his time. And I'm sure he's in the gym because he's got some get back.
Speaker 6: He wants to get him. Sure, for sure, y'all get.
Speaker 3: I want to see joall get back to having fun, man enjoying the game, smiling, you know, doing his little celebration antics. But I ain't gonna lie to y'all, bro I ain't gonna lie him a little worried because you know, it's it's a lot different when he was in Memphis and he had the ball in his hands every damn possession. So it ain't really it ain't really that hard, you know, to get in rhythm. Now, you in Portland, you got you're gonna have at least two other elite guards next to you, meaning Dame Litler, Drew Holliday or school Hen You're gonna have at least two of them. And I don't know if the reps gonna be enough. Bro, I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't know if the rep's gonna be enough for him to really get in rep form, for him to really kind of get that gain that confidence back.
Speaker 1: I hope it is.
Speaker 3: But if he struggles with shooting, were shooting, the shooting the basketball, you know, playing off these guys, it's it's gonna be a lot tougher than what I think people anticipate.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 10: I think they got I think they got better. I think they got better players around him now, like Danny has come on.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I'm saying. You making my point, But.
Speaker 6: They make that move.
Speaker 3: They gotta let him be who he is.
Speaker 1: They gotta let him be who.
Speaker 7: He is, because if you don't, I think but I think I think he's a He's the only point guard out of all those four that could just touch paint whenever he wants to know, so he he he. He creates a different type of advantage over the rest of those guards because you know, you got to like, like Damie lit Is coming off of an acer injury, but even before that, he wasn't really trying to go to the hole and and touch paint for real, like that he was.
Speaker 6: He was step back jump shots and shooting deep threes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know, I think Drew Holliday is more of a set up, set up guard, but he's getting older, so I don't think, you know, touching paint and will is part of his game anymore. Yeah, and you know, School Henderson he's another guy that could touch paint as well, But I haven't seen him be an elite playmaker yet, So I would like to see him take the next step of being a more of an elite playmaker, uh, you know, because he has the athleticism and the physicality to be able to get into paint. But I want to see him make his teammates better as well. See see how I can see the floor a little bit better, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm with you on this move because he showed me some of their spirit series in the first round, the first two games in San Antonio. I'm telling you, look, we know the defenders that san Antonio got. They couldn't do nothing with him that for the first two games.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 10: Yes, confidence is doing that moment when that confidence that that confidence carrying over into next year.
Speaker 1: No change.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but but look though, that's what I'm talking about, Like, damn school had a great showing in the postseason, but now he come in here he behind three to them other point guard. Yeah, coach, how he supposed to be able to get his off? You feel what I'm saying. So, I don't know, man, I hope Portland figured it out. Obviously they got a good problem. Hopefully you know, all those guys stay healthy. I'm looking forward to a dang one of my favorite players to watch, so they're gonna be a lot of fun.