Speaker 1: All right, your double dose on a Saturday. Welcome to the podcast and Jeffrey and we're just so glad you're here, really truly we are. And on Saturdays we always feature two classics back to back, so you get a little more bang for your buck, not that you're paying anything for this, You're getting a lot of bang for your bank, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what are our comments before we launch in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean Spedding said, you guys should work seven days a week from a drunk Scotsman, so you know what.
Speaker 2: If you're not invited to his party anymore? Okay, yeah week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like he's at his own parties or drunk. I do love a good drunk Scotsman. All Right, your double second date classics start right now.
Speaker 3: Is it a green flag or a red flag if your date brings a pair of binoculars to the meet up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's always a red flag.
Speaker 1: Really, but that means they're not spying on you because you're right next to him.
Speaker 3: For me, it's a big red flag, but I'm bringing him to oh with a tub of country croc I said, it's a red flag. Yeah, totally, But for one of our listeners. It's a giant green flag because they both used them, not the butter, just the binoculars. And he claims what they were looking at was a magical experience that bonded them together for life. Who with a quote like that, you can understand why she's not texting him back. You're gonna find out what they did in your second date update coming up right after.
Speaker 5: This second date update.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you go out on a date and after you're not really sure if it went well or not. But other times you leave feeling like, even though you got arrested and taste, you hit that thing out of the park. Yeah, barely peed myself when the electrode went into my legs. So yeah, I feel pretty.
Speaker 5: Good about it.
Speaker 3: And we got an email from a guy who said this was definitely even though he thinks of himself as a boring guy, this was the most exciting date of his entire life ever.
Speaker 4: All smiles, and you can't stop exciting.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear what happened. You never get a call back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you make it peaked, Mickey.
Speaker 3: What made the date so amazing for you?
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you what was so amazing about it is when we first started, we spotted an entire family of American gold finches.
Speaker 1: Old bird, you're a bird guy.
Speaker 3: Those are nice birds.
Speaker 6: Oh they're amazing. And it was like the first thing we saw and I was like, oh my god, oh.
Speaker 3: Not exactly what I thought you were going to say about why the date was amazing? Was there birds?
Speaker 1: Hey, you're a bird guy.
Speaker 7: Interesting?
Speaker 3: It caught me off guard.
Speaker 1: What was her excitement level at the golden finch family?
Speaker 3: American goldfinch?
Speaker 6: She seemed to be very interested, but it was even more amazing. The thing about this date is it kept on getting better because as we started walking away, I was really I had been for so long trying to spot, yes, a very rare bird that you would see around here, a cedar waxwing.
Speaker 1: Where is this date happening? Halfway through the day, I liked the little chuckle to himself in the middle of November.
Speaker 3: In the story, this all sounds very, very exciting, Mickey, and we want to hear more, but maybe we need to get a little context first, because we don't even know this woman's name yet. There is one birdwatcher going crazy on the text wall absolutely, so, what is your date's name?
Speaker 6: Tiffany.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you meet Tiffany on a bird watching forum?
Speaker 6: Well, no, I didn't meet her. I met her on a dating app. And you know, he was a nature lover, but she wasn't like a Twitter like me, which is you know what someone that watches birds is called twitcher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an official thing is called That's why it's called Twitter, or it was Twitter and it's a Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I look at Google.
Speaker 1: It a tweaker.
Speaker 3: Those are the people that live behind your house in Idaho.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: I know that's what made me think of home.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you you met Tiffany on a dating app. How did you guys get to this bird family that you found?
Speaker 6: Well, we met up at a park and that's what it was so amazing about it is. You know, we start off with the American goldfinch family and then within twenty yards there's the seater wax wing and it was it was a perfect example the yellow belly that the agent of the rose colored chest.
Speaker 1: And wow, I hate to interrupt you.
Speaker 3: I hate that you interrupted too.
Speaker 1: No, But what I think is is cool about this is it it's really good to have a passion and to show a passion off to somebody like that can be a turn on, even if she's not a twitter.
Speaker 3: Right, What a useless comment. You interrupted his bird description to say.
Speaker 1: That, what else do you want to know about the yellow belly?
Speaker 9: No, tell us more, tell us more about the It was amazing because as soon as it saw us, it started the very distinctive that hind sin whistling troll that it does.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, can you give us a sample?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did it sound like this?
Speaker 6: It's much higher pitch.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: Are you calling us to find the birds again? Or it sounds like it's made in season for the birds.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like it might be made a season in here soon if we keep talking about this.
Speaker 1: I mean it sounds like you were super into the birds. Were you able to connect with with Tiffany? Tiffany, good work. I'm sorry, I got birds on my mind.
Speaker 6: I think she was enjoying the nature walk and she looks great, I mean, so well into the into the background of nature that was right in front of us.
Speaker 3: It was amazing you described more about the nature behind her, and what she.
Speaker 1: Actually thought was a compliment.
Speaker 3: I do, she sihouetted, well against the beautiful backdrop.
Speaker 6: Well, we were talking about families and everything. But again, this is why I was saying, this was like the most incredible date I ever been on. As we started to talk about the families, I look up and there it is right in front of us, a rose breasted Ghostick. What you do not see these at this time of year? And it was right there and it was just fantastic. And I was like, this is amazing. If nature is assembling for you like that, that is a really good indicator.
Speaker 1: Pooped on me. I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's absolutely good luck.
Speaker 1: Approved my husband.
Speaker 3: This does have moments of romance in it at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the nature there together, there's passion that shared lasted bird.
Speaker 3: Yes, the birds are singing to each other and that's something. So how did this nature walk end?
Speaker 6: After a while, we went back to our cars and I gave her a nice little hug and talked about how great the day was. And what's really weird is I haven't heard back from her in about not a week or so. After we went on our walk, I went back to that area and the strangest thing was, I don't think I saw one bird at all the whole time I was out there. It was like the birds had come for us, and if she wasn't with me, they weren't going to come back.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was just you went a little bit too hard on the birds.
Speaker 3: Not possible. You can never get too hard on birds.
Speaker 4: No, definitely, guys, But she's an animal lover, so the birds also, I don't think could be the deal breaker.
Speaker 1: No, that's true, you know, And I'm gonna guess all his dating picks were of birds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's tell her what's happened since then, and that the birds all missed them as a couple.
Speaker 8: All right, we're gonna the word jet.
Speaker 3: It is, and we're gonna do it with your second date update. But when we call her right after this, hold.
Speaker 5: On second date update.
Speaker 3: So if you're just tuning in for the second date update, you know that I'm a bird guy.
Speaker 8: We do.
Speaker 3: I appreciate a ruby throated nuthatch just like the rest of us, but not on the same level as Mickey, who recently took a woman named Tiffany out for a nice little nature hike date. And we heard a lot about the majestic rare birds that they saw during their walk together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like geeked out over him.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 5: He is a twitch.
Speaker 3: We didn't honestly, hear too much about Tiffany his date, but he claims that she really enjoyed the experience and he thought it was the best date that he has ever been on. More importantly, the birds agree. They ship their relationships so much that they haven't even reappeared at that park every time he's gone back, Dan.
Speaker 2: It was a sign. That's how you're taking it right.
Speaker 6: Well, of course nature is really in command of everything, and birds are basically their harborgers, and they're the best indicators of things that will happen in the future.
Speaker 3: No, that's great. This is a dating segment though, so we probably should get to the part where we call about the date.
Speaker 8: We don't know nothing about the date, like Tiffany and that's.
Speaker 1: She looked good in front of trees.
Speaker 7: You need to know.
Speaker 3: That's really good. But we're going to have you back on for Brook Jose and Alexis's podcast, so you can tell more about your bird experience out loud.
Speaker 1: You know, you can just take my spot on that one.
Speaker 2: You take over a.
Speaker 8: Bird hour on my stream. We have a whole hour.
Speaker 6: Oh I would love to.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to stay in touch for that, But let's call Tiffany in the meantime and ask her why she's not calling you back. So here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk with Tiffany.
Speaker 10: This is Tiffany who's calling.
Speaker 3: Hey Tiffany. My name is jeff and you're on a radio show right now. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Hello, there's more. There's actually four of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna make me. Only half of this room is enthusiastic about making this called a thank you.
Speaker 1: We were just like listening. It's what people do that are polite in a conversation.
Speaker 11: Jeff, Wow, you guys found this octional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you nailed it.
Speaker 3: That's what you get when you're listening to Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: We put the fun in dysfunctional.
Speaker 1: We're not going to say that.
Speaker 3: So look, we're not just calling to waste your time. We're doing a segment called a second Date update because we hear that you went out on a date with one of our listeners named Mickey.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Natures sounded delightful.
Speaker 3: M He said that it seemed like you were having a great time. Was that true?
Speaker 12: It was weird?
Speaker 6: This was really weird.
Speaker 3: Because he told us all about it, and for us it sounded less weird and more magical and majestic.
Speaker 12: It was weird.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, okay, I want to hear specific examples.
Speaker 11: Okay, well, I appreciate hearing about people's hobbies and passions, but then when it crosses the line into obsessions, that that.
Speaker 10: Can be different.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about him being a what is it called twitter?
Speaker 8: A bird?
Speaker 1: A bird guy?
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's he's really like a little too much into birds.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's a thing in the bird community. I'm not even gonna lie. I once had a boss that jumped on a desk with a pair of binoculars because they saw a bird out the window.
Speaker 3: And Brooks still hooked up with that guy.
Speaker 8: It was a woman.
Speaker 3: She was my friend. So that was too much of a turn off for you, that he was too passionate about his hobby.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, he's a cute guy, like, but maybe he was too much in his element. I mean I asked him to go back to my place with me.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh, so you actually liked him that much, just like.
Speaker 10: I thought, maybe like to get him away from the birds. I was going to maybe like have a drink, something to eat, just hang out, like see if he was different in a different setting. Yeah, okay, And so he asked me, Hey, do you have the Food Network?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Why, He's like, well, there's this episode I want to show you where they actually sample some of the birds that we saw today.
Speaker 3: Wait, but breast and finch they eat.
Speaker 10: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: Can you eat those?
Speaker 8: I think they're like in danger or protected.
Speaker 3: You're telling me the bird lover wanted to watch episodes of the Food Network where they eat those exact birds.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, doesn't that kind of not make sense?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it makes weird.
Speaker 8: Come a pigeon.
Speaker 1: The circle of life. He just wants to know everything about the bird, including what it takes his own time.
Speaker 3: Possibly, or is there a chance that you misheard what he said? We should probably get some clarification.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was a joke that you know, that's a funny joke.
Speaker 3: That could be too.
Speaker 8: It doesn't seem like a jokey guy.
Speaker 7: In all that.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why you don't read his jokes his jokes. Maybe his whole time he was joking with us.
Speaker 3: Let's just clear all this up. Because I do need to let you know, Tiffany, that Mickey has been listening quietly on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: All right, tell us the.
Speaker 6: Punchline, Mickey, Yes, I have been listening, and kiss me. First of all, there's nothing weird about being a twitch or a bird watcher. Just you know, the North American Bird Watching Association has over one hundred thousand members in the Northwestern region alone.
Speaker 3: Okay, yea, but makey hold on. Out of the one hundred thousand whatever members, how many of those members are eating the birds?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think probably the four.
Speaker 3: Chefs on the network, because I think that was the weird part to her.
Speaker 6: This is another thing I can't understand. You're laughing about this. People eat chicken all the time, to eat chirkey, not a problem at all. Right, that's okay, I got you.
Speaker 3: The chicken eaters are the weirdos. We got it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Before you mock this, have you ever had Carolina rub on a black capped chickadee before?
Speaker 1: I don't know that one sounds delicious.
Speaker 3: Chickadees are tiny.
Speaker 1: Have you had a quail? A quail is tiny and they're so good?
Speaker 10: What is going on? Are you guys really supporting this?
Speaker 12: Do you hear how weird this is?
Speaker 1: Well, we're just trying weird about it though. He just wanted to watch the show and it was something you guys had connected on. He's just trying to show you what he's interested in.
Speaker 3: You're right, Brooke, nothing is wrong with eating birds in a park. It's basically like an all you can eat buffet. When you walk through one of the.
Speaker 1: Park, they're gonna bring them home and cook.
Speaker 7: Them for.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's not as weird as you think.
Speaker 1: Here you go fishing. What's the difference you're throwing at a bar withal.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, is Mickey, you want to date with Tiffany. She found it a little bit odd that you wanted to consume the animals that you love so much.
Speaker 8: And which you want to take you back to her place.
Speaker 4: You were more concerned about Netflix than other things that should be probably involved.
Speaker 6: First of all, it's the food network.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't know. I think this guy could give you a lot of great stories and a lot of fun that you would not necessarily find on your Yeah, I'd rather go out of my comfort zone in different ways.
Speaker 10: I don't This is not feeling right to me.
Speaker 3: I think we're talking about eating animals in the nature too much. I think let's just let's just circle back to the romantic parts of the date where you guys were talking about things.
Speaker 6: Do you remember, Tiffany, when I complimented the red tips on your hair, how it looked just like the red tips on the ceter waxwings feathers?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 12: Oh my god, So did you eat that bird too?
Speaker 6: No, you don't eat a wax. Swing stop it not a wax.
Speaker 3: That's off the menu. See, you have a lot to learn about birds and about love. Tiffany, and Mickey can be your shirpa on that journey.
Speaker 1: I would call him a hunter whatever.
Speaker 3: He will be your guide on the journey of love and bird culinary cuisine. So we would love to offer to send you on another date with him, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna have to pass.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a steakhouse. There's no bird on the man our salads.
Speaker 7: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I don't think we have enough in common.
Speaker 6: And this is really all I have to say about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we tried wed try Hey many buddy, Mickey.
Speaker 6: I better not see her outside of a Kentucky chicken or anything like that.
Speaker 7: If you do. Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I want to answer a lot of the people on the textboard right now because some are horrified have what they just heard, some want to learn more about it. And for those that are wondering, head on over to our Insta stories at Brook and Jeffrey. You'll find the recipe for oven bracet black capped chickenye, and deep fried meadow lark right there.
Speaker 1: We do not have recipes for that.
Speaker 3: I just guidelines whatever.
Speaker 8: I just get, like a steamed blue jay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds good. It does. You are welcome.
Speaker 1: Is going to be gamey for somehitch.
Speaker 3: I would go to text into seventy five nine two your wild Birds suggestions that but you would have thought the guy that loved watching birds would also love to eat him too, show so much.
Speaker 1: I bet he's like, I wonder, Yeah, why he never said he actually cooked him.
Speaker 2: He just watches them.
Speaker 7: Network.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then a lot on these segments. You could hear all of our second dates up on Spotify, Apple Podcasts wherever you get yours. You can find the map broken.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey Frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Everyone here agrees that it's totally acceptable and even smart to do a little background search on any potential date before you meet up with them. Yeah, you know, a quick scan of their socials. Maybe check out their employment status on LinkedIn. In Brooks case, just ask your mom if your cousin is still STD free.
Speaker 1: That's the status that date relatives.
Speaker 3: He took a shower, and one of our listeners says that before he out on his date, he knew not only where she lived, but also where she worked, and that's how he met her. That's good, he says. It's not creepy, and there's a totally reasonable explanation for it. They all, he's going to explain why in your second date.
Speaker 5: Update, next second date update.
Speaker 3: A lot of people say dating in the workplace is a big no no, but people the really really hard way. But what if you're dating in your live space, like with your roommate. No, I'm not saying your roommate. I'm saying like in the same building. If that goes wrong, it's not going to be awkward, right, Well.
Speaker 2: I think it's all Well, I don't know if I've moved down.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's the situation that our new friend Brian is in and I want to get all the dats on it. Brian? What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Can I call you dirty?
Speaker 7: Be?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, all right, you agree to that.
Speaker 8: We're just jealous because you took her nickname.
Speaker 3: Tell us about the girl that you met.
Speaker 12: What's her name is Stephanie?
Speaker 1: Okay? What floor does she live on?
Speaker 12: She was on the ground floor.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, she's a budget girls.
Speaker 3: Dangerous face in the alley.
Speaker 12: Well I would I would know the budget because you see, I am the resident manager.
Speaker 8: Just made it extra.
Speaker 2: That's different than just living in the same building.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of power that you have.
Speaker 8: You control stuff, dude.
Speaker 1: You can get keys to your apartment and just go in.
Speaker 8: The idea like something.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: That's not how you met Stephanie. Right, he was home from work.
Speaker 12: Oh man, this is going to go south quick.
Speaker 3: Then you are dirty b.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Tell us about how you and Stephanie met.
Speaker 12: Well, we met because she's a new tenant. I'm the one who showed her the unit. I'm the one who filled out her leave.
Speaker 2: And did you did you have a yeah, did you have a crush on her?
Speaker 1: As soon as you.
Speaker 12: Saw oh, I don't know if I want to admit this. Yeah, before she even came in. Sometimes when tenants, you know, they'll pre screen them, and every once in a while I'll look up their name because they'll be like, they'll pre qualify over online. I did see her on social media and I was.
Speaker 8: Like, you said, she was on you're like pre qualified.
Speaker 1: Basically, every once in a while, when there's a tenant whose name is female and is in this right age range.
Speaker 3: Your background check very very detailed, top dive on the background.
Speaker 12: You want to make sure that there's a real person coming in and they're not locked about who they are in their position and stuff.
Speaker 6: A lot of people do it.
Speaker 4: Her last datus is like I burned my old apartment down, got to look for a new one.
Speaker 3: What was your read on, Stephanie.
Speaker 12: So, I mean she looked very presentable, so I'm you know, we went through the process. She wanted to get the place. I said, great, and then I was kind of crushing on it on her a little bit. And then I noticed on her application where she works right because she has a couple of different jobs that one of them is this yoga place, So I might have I might have shown up at the yoga place.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, still with you, man. If you know what you want, you got to go out and get it. The thing Ursula the Sea Witch said that, So keep going.
Speaker 4: You're not doing anything illegal here to studio.
Speaker 1: How long has Stephanie lived in the building at this point?
Speaker 12: This is probably two weeks in.
Speaker 2: Oh, really quick, that you're moving things forward.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well I'm just I'm just going to a yoga place.
Speaker 3: So what was her reaction when she saw you in her yoga studio?
Speaker 12: Well, she actually didn't really recognize me. She was looking at me, but she wasn't immediately like, oh my god, Brian.
Speaker 3: So why would she.
Speaker 1: I feel like you want to avoid your landlord at all costs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't think of that. And maybe the opposite where she's like, oh my god, my landlord.
Speaker 1: I don't know you only met him once for the walk through, basically the place and handing the key zone.
Speaker 13: That was the reaction Brian was hoping to get clearly, So you know, I'm not a bad looking guy, so it's not like I'm some you know, weird living in the basement kind of you know, landlord, you're in their shirt.
Speaker 3: List with yoga pants on.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, to see you here.
Speaker 12: I'm there and I haven't really done this yoga before. I mean, I was shocked how hard it was to hold certain poses or even to get into them. So I'm sweating, I'm shaking. Yeah, and obviously she sees me, and then she then she recognizes me. She's like, wait, are you wait, don't you? Aren't you in the And I'm like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: She recognized you when you were in the pretzel position, but not when you were standing up right.
Speaker 12: So I thought it was kind of stupid about obviously, you know, not being a successful practitioner, but practitioner. She ended up walking with me back.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 12: And on the way back, you know, I asked her if she wanted to get a bite, if she was if she was hungry.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you made them You made the transition to asking her out on a date.
Speaker 12: Mm hmmm, I sure.
Speaker 5: Did, yes, So she said yes.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 12: We went to dinner and I felt like it was a fun date. We didn't really talk about anything too deep. We didn't get into any subjects that were stimulating and unique. We just kind of generally spoke.
Speaker 3: Can I ask what type of food did you go grab with her?
Speaker 1: Are you worried is in experience with that too, like sushi or something.
Speaker 6: We had seafood.
Speaker 12: We went to a really nice seafood.
Speaker 1: Place that's classy. And you're saying that you guys didn't get into deep conversation, but I think that that's okay on a first date.
Speaker 2: Like what was the vibe By the end of the night.
Speaker 12: You know, I felt like we were getting along. We definitely laughed, We were joking about a few different things, and I wasn't sure exactly how it was going to end. So we were walking back. Obviously we're going to the same place, right, I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: So easy, like I forgot to come over to my place.
Speaker 3: This is where you pulled out to her apartment.
Speaker 12: Let me let you end of your place. So I, uh, you know, I wasn't sure if maybe it was going to be like a kiss or something, but she pretty quickly was like, thank you so much for the night, and then boom, the doors closed, curtains of the window or shut.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't have to the ground floor.
Speaker 2: You had always got to shut your curtains when you're.
Speaker 7: Down there.
Speaker 3: Through her windows. She did the dead bolt started nailing. That doesn't sound like the best ending to the night.
Speaker 8: But again, it's okay to not kiss on the first day.
Speaker 2: I'm actually with jose on this one.
Speaker 3: It isn't always Maybe she.
Speaker 12: Was nervous, intimidated, who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it sounds sounds like what it is. We'll confirm that when we reach out to her and get your second date update. Right after this second date update, we're on the phone with Brian, the property manager with restraint soon to turn into a restraining order possibly, But now he's using restraint and not using the company keys to enter his dates apartment.
Speaker 1: Highly illegal, I mean.
Speaker 3: Given him a bad time, Brian. Yeah, he's been a really, really good sport, even though we've been joking around with him. He did ask out one of his tenants, though, and they went out to a nice seafood place, had a great time, But the end of the night was kind of brief. She just said thank you for dinner and shut the door to her apartment pretty quickly. Yeah, and that was pretty much the end of it. Now he's looking to us for answers.
Speaker 1: By the way, can we just ask her quick? Have you not run into her in the building at all since your date.
Speaker 12: Well, I saw her leaving once, but she I don't think she saw me.
Speaker 3: With your binoculars.
Speaker 8: I was in a bush.
Speaker 3: She was climbing out down through the window.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 2: We will talk you up to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're about to call her, but I am not going to mention. And I don't think anyone in this room should mention that Brian found out where she worked from the application.
Speaker 12: Because that is not going to thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was a background check. It definitely looks really bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, if you want to keep up that lie, you need to keep going to yoga, which would probably be good for you. It sounds like your hips are very tight.
Speaker 3: On a scale of one to ten, how loose your hips, I'd give it a nice seven.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 3: All right, keep trying to get you a date.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Here we go in to call her right now. Hello, Hi is this Stephanie. Hey Stephanie. We heard you teach a yoga class, and we're very tight hipped people over here. We're hoping that we could be stretched out a little bit.
Speaker 2: This is where we're starting. Hi, Stephanie.
Speaker 3: Hi, Yeah, we were recommended to you by someone who's taken your class before, named Brian.
Speaker 14: Sorry, are you guys trying to call the studio?
Speaker 3: No, no, we were giving your direct line from Brian because we're trying not just to sign up for yoga class, but also trying to figure out if we could get you back on another date with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't mention we're a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that might come off a little weird. So, yeah, Brian reached out to us because he told us a little bit about the day that you two hung out and the.
Speaker 2: Lovely seafood dinner that you went to.
Speaker 14: Okay, I'm curious that too, but you heard uh pretty simple to get up.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: To give a snapshot of it is that he ended up meeting you and taking your yoga class, then you parlaid that into a seafood dinner date date, and then after that he walked you home.
Speaker 1: He said, conversation was light. People were laughing.
Speaker 3: Well he was laughing. Oh okay, laughing, not really.
Speaker 14: I mean, I guess we have different than the humor.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, did you find him unfunny?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Kind of. Can you tell us what happened.
Speaker 14: Well, he took my yoga class, and it took me a minute to like notice it was him. And I felt really bad for him because he was really struggling, you know, but I gave him some kudos for making it through the whole bot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just even showing up right, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 14: And then he, you know, he asked me out to dinner and told me that he knew about this really nice seatfood restaurant and like was hyping me up and up, yeah, you know, and I was excited.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 14: So we get to the seafood restaurant and it's a red lobstert.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, my grandpa still thinks those are really really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he sounds like you were unimpressed.
Speaker 14: I mean, he kept talking about like the best seap food. He did all this research online and they get all this fresh everything fresh every day.
Speaker 1: And well, but I mean, come on, he tried, and that's his opinion of something nice, you know, Like maybe he's not a guy who is a real foodie, right, and his.
Speaker 8: Defense, it was fresh when they caught it, and then they freeze it.
Speaker 2: And they got asked the name of the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Before you go on to date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, I guess what you mentioned though, that he was laughing during the date and you weren't what was that about?
Speaker 14: So at one point I was like, I asked him if it was just a coincidence that he showed up to my yoga class.
Speaker 1: You last him?
Speaker 14: Did he got really weird and he started playing with his lobster and putting it in yoga positions, going look a downward lobster? When not when I'm asking him a serious question, and he's like diverting it by funny.
Speaker 3: Maybe with a bib on it comes off.
Speaker 2: Cray fish and a sun salutation.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, I mean he tried to make a funny joke and it didn't lands that were really like not worth giving him another chance.
Speaker 1: Don't make me laughs and mountains, you know.
Speaker 14: And if that wasn't bad enough, something else happened.
Speaker 8: Oh what happened?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 12: Okay, you know, I mean, I've heard enough.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 3: Stephanie, Brian has been actually listening on the other line this whole time. He's supposed to wait, but.
Speaker 2: There I think he needs to hear it, Stephanie, you can't hear the rest of the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what else?
Speaker 7: Happened.
Speaker 12: I don't need to hear the rest of the story. I think I'm good. I think I got the gist of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, do you know what she's gonna say?
Speaker 2: I would be so.
Speaker 14: Yeah, of course he doesn't want to hear the rest of it because he probably doesn't want me to say it on the radio.
Speaker 1: Why would you do?
Speaker 2: Did he do something inappropriate?
Speaker 12: I didn't do I didn't do anything inappropriate. Okay, dude, he stuck me with the bill?
Speaker 3: Oh, like stuck the bill to your body?
Speaker 14: Or no, like I paid for dinner.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're the one that asked her out. You're the one that picked the spot.
Speaker 3: Okay. My question is what's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: What he invited me off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Look, I don't make I mean, I get like compensation for certain things, you know, just kind and rand et cetera. But you know, like I know how much Stephanie makes from re application. Well no, but hear me out. I know it sounds bad, but she has a bunch of side hustles. She has like main income.
Speaker 6: What anything to do with anything?
Speaker 14: That's really creepy that you know that I make more than you?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I don't know if it's creepy. He saw it on your application to live there.
Speaker 7: Well that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 14: So then that confirms that he didn't just randomly step into my yoga clock.
Speaker 3: Brian comments on that.
Speaker 14: Look, I was, no, there's nothing to look at your ratchet.
Speaker 3: Oh he's a handy with a ratchet.
Speaker 1: That means I don't think she still used it.
Speaker 12: I was going to pay. I actually had a coupon or red Lobster that I had with me that I did not pull out because I was like, that's gonna look cheap.
Speaker 1: Here's Brian. If you can't afford red Lobster, fine, just pick another date.
Speaker 6: Like I can afford red Lobster.
Speaker 12: I just figured that she has the means. I mean I already for like the yoga class. I imagine went directly to her.
Speaker 7: So that's a good point.
Speaker 3: He tactically did pay you directly.
Speaker 7: That is not.
Speaker 1: Okay. There's a building, there's a studio, you have to pay for insurance.
Speaker 3: Jose, Alexis and I are all on the same page here. You're the one's on the outlier against Brian. For some reason, I just devoted and caring listener.
Speaker 12: When everything's said and done. I think I paid almost dollars for everything because I had it was it was like a rental thing. I had, I drink, I had water, I had a protein drink at the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you overcharged him.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, before I offer to send you guys out on another date, would you mind paying Brian back first said the os yoga class.
Speaker 7: You have money.
Speaker 1: Come on, we're kidding.
Speaker 3: Well, then let's just offer to send you guys out on a date there.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm.
Speaker 3: We didn't get the chance. Let Brian throw down a cupon.
Speaker 6: Brian.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, man, it sounds like we can't get you another date here, But at the very least, would you mind sending us a video of you putting that lobster into downward lobster? It sounds really funny. We could put it up on our on our page.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'll send you guys a new video, I guess, but yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Can't afford lobster.
Speaker 7: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I know we're supposed to talk at this point about the date and the people on it, but maybe this time we should take a second and critique ourselves. I mean, we're trying to have fun and be entertaining and joke around with our callers.
Speaker 8: That's our job.
Speaker 3: But maybe is it coming off as like a roast, Well, I mean it's when.
Speaker 8: We all are on the same side.
Speaker 1: Did not deserve it, made her pain like jazz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think overall we need to be we need to go a little gentler, a little softer.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of going against you now, but these are our listeners.
Speaker 8: If you're listening right now, you want a second date. You know, we joke around like it's expected to be jokes, but.
Speaker 1: You also have to have a critical stance of what you're doing wrong here, and those are clearly things he was doing wrong.
Speaker 3: Those are all that's absolutely all true, one hundred percent. Yeah, But I do think I want to be able to go a little softer. So stick around to hear Jeff go soft and we're going to put that up on the website. Just make sure you listen to that if we're going to get record numbers on our site. Now, if you want to hear any of our second dates, make sure you're head over to your favorite podcast hub and find us at Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 8: Don't go to jeff soft dot com stop holding me out time