Speaker 1: After Edwards has been cleared for on court activities and it's questionable for Game one versus the Spurs on Monday night, which released a YouTube video on his personal page Sunday morning that included clips of him running on the underwater treadmill. Joe, is this good enough? Does eight ant Man coming back? Does that help? Does that give Minnesota atn advantage? Can even with ant Man back, do they have enough to upset the number two seed Spurs here?
Speaker 2: They got enough if you ask me, Yeah, But with him running on their underwater treadmill, they don't give me no good sense of hope that he coming back right now the first game or second game.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that Minnesota has that they can kind of play with is that you know, he don't have to play the first two games if you just want to keep it one hundred Uncle Ojo, because you know you can go in there and hopefully hope to try and steal a game in San Antonio. Have and man one hundred percent healthy for games three and four when you're at home, Bro. I think that's that's the most pivotal point, that will be the most pivotal point of the season. But he can't. Can they Can they upset the Spurs. I think it's possible, bro. I like, I like what I've seen from the Timber Wars, you know, gritty, hungry team. If mcdames can stay assertive, you know, continue to play like that offensively and guard defensively. Yeah, well, hey, this will be a hell of a series because they both got a bunch of guys who they can throw at you in many different forms and fastest.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: The thing that I agree with you, Joe, the underwater treadmill. Don't tell me anything because there's no buoyancy there you go.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 3: The thing is the problems.
Speaker 1: I ain't running on the wood because you got the water, ojo, and so you really don't have your body weight running on that.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's a lot of time they.
Speaker 1: Do aquatic training because you're able to do things because you don't have your natural body weight. That's post so you're a lot more buoyant than what you would be now. Now, if he was jogging on the regular treadmill, I was like, okay, Joe, there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but that.
Speaker 1: Underwater treadmill, we've all been on them. Well, I know you ain't been on. Ain't got that in Cincinnati, dang, Ojoe. You ain't never ran on no underwater treadmill.
Speaker 3: O Joe.
Speaker 5: I ain't ever been hurt to get on that, but we had one.
Speaker 3: You had to be hurt. You do it for recovery.
Speaker 5: Now my recovery. I get in the cold tub, Joe.
Speaker 3: Noah, bro, it's active recovery.
Speaker 5: And what I like the cold tub from the neck down, Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about active recovery.
Speaker 2: Bro. I'm talking about you know, something that keeps the blood flow, keeps you moving. I ain't saying where you're just sitting still in the cold tub. I understand that part. But that underwater, they're underwater treadmill.
Speaker 3: Boy. Yeah, that thing's beef.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We had we had one in lower itself down.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I seen joint. That's the big joint.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was big. You know.
Speaker 6: They had some of the fellas and they also have the current that pushed back they pushed back on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, ain't. I ain't never got in there, Joe, boy.
Speaker 2: I used to love it, and I thought I was I thought I was on the beat some damn where I'd be up in there swimming.
Speaker 3: Having a good old time. But it's gonna be, It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: It'd be very interesting to see uh Rudy and his countryman going at it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, ooh Hey. The question is.
Speaker 2: Can Rudy slow him down? I ain't saying stop him? Can't he slow him down?
Speaker 5: You saw what he did and joke, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Just a different they too, They got again to different again, two different body types.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe to.
Speaker 5: Man, listen, Hey, Rudy, Hey, Rudy and Cat.
Speaker 3: I want you.
Speaker 6: I want to make sure y'all hear what Uncle Joe talking about on this show. What y'all can't do because you're facing Winby and you got to go see me and be show up something different this series. Cat, I know you're gonna see this somebody that I know you're gonna clip it. They telling me you can't go down in the block and giving beat and enjoying that work something different.
Speaker 5: Rudy. I just see you give yogi hell huh every night. And they telling me now because you finish played the alien, now all of a sudden, you ain't nobody show him different.
Speaker 2: I tell you what if you ask the Knicks, I don't know if they'll be honest, who they rather play, Boston or Philly. It wouldn't have been Philly. Nobody won't. Nobody won't see Philly right now?
Speaker 3: Bro not withold in bed? No son?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Oh the same? And B that that y'all will talk about my dog. You talk about he was hurt and he missed two hundred thousand games. Uh that in bed was hurt?
Speaker 5: Hey, hold on?
Speaker 6: And B that I told you the reason they paid him, But they paid him because of how specialty was once you get on the court.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah that one. Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, okay, yeah that one.
Speaker 5: That's a cat a cat. Go bear, listen to your boy. I'm locked in with you. I believe in you.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 6: I might be new to this basketball shit, but I'm catching on. I'm catching on.
Speaker 5: Man. Kat gonna have God damn and be down there in that low don't yo?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hey Joe?
Speaker 1: We won? What been my Friday light up? We had cave Kate would need to have more than.
Speaker 3: Twenty nine and a half. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One, Desmond Bane would make more than two and a half threes. One Brandon Inglem would score less than nineteen. Didn't play at all that definitely helps. Scotty Barnes would have at least thirty four thirty five thirty four and a half points and wow rebounds and assists thirty four and a half he had forty six and RUI had more than level than a half twenty one. Talking if you bet with you, if you're putting down your money, guess what you got your night? Little up, got your knight? Look come up hello, now, look, come up? Hello, Hello, nice Hey.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all got me hyping now? Man? He a. You know anybody over in New York who worked for the knickt uh m hmm, Joe, you know anybody?
Speaker 3: Nah? Yeah, I know some people. What you need?
Speaker 6: I'm going to a game because see now y'all seen, y'all got me hyped, y'all y'all talking about y'all talking about.
Speaker 2: You ain't going to know next game. You're trying to buy your ticket. You you ain't. You ain't getting a ticket less than fifty bands?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, you.
Speaker 5: Sit the court side fifty band?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the court side of the next game. Hey, hey, you had your chance to see court side. You had it. You had it.
Speaker 6: Hold on time out time, Hey, that that's the Hawks. Nobody want to see the Hawks. I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: You talking about.
Speaker 6: He told me, Hey, we talk about going to the garden. We talk about going to the garden. We ain't talking about Mad City Wings right now.
Speaker 3: Do you see who be sitting at the garden?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 5: I ain't. I ain't never seen Jerry sein Feil.
Speaker 3: You see those people that be sitting at the garden, Yes, sir, yes, sir. Yeah, yeah, that's from the road. I mean and they playing the Sixers. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So y'all saying I can't get a ticket because it's me.
Speaker 3: How much are you pay for it? Like, I don't say you're going to pay at least fifty?
Speaker 5: Who Who the owner? Who the owner?
Speaker 8: That Dolan? Chris Chris Dolan, No, Jim James Dolan. Hey, James Dolan, what's up? It's oh Joe the third half of Nightcap. If you could do me a favor, I know ticks expensive. I know somebody gonna clip this and send it to you.
Speaker 6: If you can do me a favor when the Knicks player in the garden, I would love to be a guest of yours, your.
Speaker 5: Plus one huh.
Speaker 6: I just want to put my feet on the wood because they told me Cat can't do something, and I do want to witness Cat do it.
Speaker 2: That ain't gonna happen. You ain't gonna be there nowhere. Dolan ain't even getting back to you. I'm just gonna keep it one hundred.
Speaker 5: You know, don't think so. No, No, you.
Speaker 1: See Spike Lee, Yeah, I mean you need you need to see who on the front row.
Speaker 3: At the at the uh the garden.
Speaker 5: Hey, what you act?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Hold hold on?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you acting like, oh Jo can't be front on the wood at the garden.
Speaker 5: Now this this me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we ain't even talking about no slops. Now you talking about one of the greatest.
Speaker 5: Of all time.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: We're we talking about mister Dolan. Prove them wrong for me.
Speaker 3: Baby, You the third half, He's like, nah, we're good.
Speaker 6: Well I'm only the third half because when it comes to talking this sport and last, I come last, it's two.
Speaker 3: You a third. You could be a third, but you can't be the third half.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, look at come on now, professor, professor sharp, mister Dolan, how I let you boy?
Speaker 1: All right, it's time I Final Sigma the evening, It's time for q A.
Speaker 6: Moment Dola comes over, your boy a cat, don't forget what they said about us.
Speaker 1: Black before we get to our super chat. We got six video boys males from my discord. Let's take a listen to one of them.
Speaker 9: Lakers win. I don't know why y'all thought this was going the seven games. Listen, Well, you gotta go with James. It ain't none you gotta worry about, all right, But listen, I got a question for y'all. Three Uncle tell us never accept anything in the win, would in the loss.
Speaker 3: Right, So has it ever been a time in.
Speaker 9: Y'all careers, big game, playoff game, maybe a really hard fought regular season game where y'all won the game and y'all celebrating the locker room and coach come in and just bust it all up on mad.
Speaker 2: I know it's happened with me. I just can't pinpoint a game. It's like, you know, you come in, you'll have you've been to won a game, But hell, a game y'all supposed to had won by like fifteen or twenty, and maybe you only want it by two or three because you're messing around bull driving. So I know that that doesn't happen numerous of times. I just can't pinpoint not one. I can't pinpoint one game, but I know that that happens on Wednesday. We always celebrate. Hey, he would always say, you know, we win the game.
Speaker 1: He's say, look, we know we can play play better, but we'll we'll take this win. We'll look at we'll look at the you know, look at the tape on Monday, and when you come in on Tuesday, Hey, we can assess it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after the game, after we won, Nah, it's really not too much said. We celebrate the win. Obviously, you lose the ball game. Everybody's down really quiet, really somber. It's Wednesday when you get back and they've had an opportunity to look at the film. Yeah, and see what could have been and see all the mistakes that we did make a lot of them states that we made of stuff that we covered. That's what makes coaches upset. It's things that we we got beat on, things that we had talked about. We knew they were gonna do and if we knew it in the area, they're gonna do it. We knew it at the down they were gonna do it, and they did it. And we got beat with it. Yeah, that's what he would get upset. So no, not after the game, per se. But come wiesday, Oh you're gonna hear from you will hear about it? Oh, Cho have been wearing too much in Cincinnati. So they were always disappointed.
Speaker 5: I won, Hey, Joe, I won.
Speaker 3: It's not saying well, let's take a listen to this one.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, Joe.
Speaker 10: You know I'm always referent, But let me ask you this, if SGA win another title, where do we have to put him.
Speaker 3: As far as guards, all guards, let me know, meaning like in this eerror.
Speaker 1: All time now going in front of magic and stuff. So let's start there. You said he not, They don't know, no, no, no, not with just two two m vps to two championships. But damn it, you raised your eyebrow up you hear me, yes, eyebrow Because at the rate he's on, with the efficiency that he plays with, and this might be the toughest run for him, y'all just want to keep it one hundred. The fact that I can't see j Dubb really coming back and being that guy who they really gonna need due to that hamstring. I mean, hell, we all have had them hamstring injuries.
Speaker 2: We know how tough they all to come back from and to be able to play and push off and exert. But I think this will probably be as tough as one and considering the fact that the Spurs are such a complete team. Bro, it's gonna be he gotta he got a tough mountain climb, but he definitely gonna race some eyebrids.
Speaker 3: If he win an MVP this year and a title, We're gonna be like, hold on, yeah, to be back. That'll be back to back.
Speaker 1: Oh and all a lot of guys have gone back to went back to back MVPs and back to back.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Titles.
Speaker 3: Lebron did.
Speaker 1: He in twenty twelve, twenty thirteen with the heat. Yep, Lebron was the last to do it. Yeah, Steph won back to back MVPs, but remember he lost the unanimous one.
Speaker 3: He didn't win finals MVP though.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no, So Lebron was the last. Lebron was the last to do it. Uh, probably Jordan before Lebron. When I'm trying to think when when when bird Bird won the MVP in eighty four, eighty five, eighty six, But they didn't win. They never won back to back titles. They won in eighty one, they won in eighty four, they won in eighty six, They didn't win in eighty five.
Speaker 3: The Lakers won in eighty.
Speaker 1: Five as a matter of fact, and Kareem was the finals MVP in eighty five. That was also the year of the Memorial Day massacre. You remember that, Joe. They ended up losing. I think they lost by about thirty plus points. They got blown out one eight to one, fourteen or something like that.
Speaker 3: They they got crushed, damn, and Kareem ended up winning the final.
Speaker 1: If my memory serves me correct, I feel very comfortable saying that. But Bird won MVP eighty four, eighty five, eighty six. He's the last guy to win three consecutive MVPs. He was the finals MVP in eighty four, in eighty six because Cornbread won it.
Speaker 3: In eighty one, eighty five, Kareem was.
Speaker 1: The finals MVP. Eighty seven was Magic. Eighty eight with James Worthy was the finals MVP. You asked, real quiet, she know she's bad?
Speaker 3: Wow, is you right?
Speaker 1: You might go to the next bots Man. I don't know why. I'm just like, off the top of my head, that's forty some years ago. So that so eighty five was the memorial they mask, right, they lost one forty fourteen.
Speaker 3: And Kareem ended up and they ended up they ended up winning.
Speaker 1: I think they end up winning a series in like four or five, in five or six games. But to win finals MVP, to win, to win the MVP in the regular season, win back to back titles and be finals MVP.
Speaker 3: But that put him in some elite company. Man, we they dout him in some elite company. They do breakback? What do oh bro break back? Bread?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Bread coming back? All right, let's go, let's take a listen to our next one.
Speaker 11: It's good, uh o, Joe, I show yo, y'all yo, I was. I'm a baseball player. I got y'all. All right, y'all want some tips. I want to get in that band cage before y'all shoot that episode, because I definitely need to see that.
Speaker 3: You can't get me.
Speaker 5: Hyped by baseball man. That nothing.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 3: We ain't gonna play shit man. Shout out.
Speaker 4: Shout out to baby Puma Bluff Natives.
Speaker 2: Already already know how can I hit Joe? You don't believe that? Keep you one just keep it one hounding man. It's okay. It's okay, Joe. When last time you swung a back, I swung the back the other day with my foio. Yeah yeah, Hey, here Jack all trade. He do a little bit of everything. We played baseball, we play soccer, football, basketball, Yeah, it's everything. H Hey, I just look like this. I'm a hey, I'm telling you I know I can. I'll bet you too.
Speaker 6: Only one only this funny, only one of us has a baseball background. So I'm not even gonna indulge myself in this conversation. I'm gonna let you to talk about it. I'm gonna let you too talk about it, because when it come to when it comes to that, I ain't even ain't any point even talking. That's like, Joe, you're telling me you better than me and football, in soccer or ping pong or tennis.
Speaker 2: You already said, you already said that you can't hit no baseball.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you said it came out.
Speaker 6: I said ninety five to one hundred miles an hour in the bat and cage, and neither one of y'all can't say eighty five.
Speaker 3: You couldn't hear eighty you said I ain't even gonna try.
Speaker 5: I can hit it. I mean I haven't done, Joe, No, you can't. How many times? How many tries do you need? How many tries you need?
Speaker 6: Do you know it's gonna take you thirty minutes for your hand out coordination to get together to see the goddamn ball man.
Speaker 3: Everybody know you're on swing at the first pitch, partner.
Speaker 5: Oh, here you go.
Speaker 3: Everybody know that. Everybody.
Speaker 5: Hey, now he acting like here in the middle of a goddamn game.
Speaker 1: Everybody he tony gueno, Hey, hey, set it up.
Speaker 2: I bet I outdoing these boy. These boy can't see me and nothing for real. I'm just gonna keep it one hundred with y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, hey, look here, I gotta be careful because you know my monisca, So my knee, I gotta get a knee breace.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Joe, ain't nothing wrong with my knee, So I'm.
Speaker 2: Ready, Okay, all right, my knee Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Bet left headed? Oh do you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all, I gotta wait my knee here. Look, let's take a listen to that next one.
Speaker 7: Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Uncle o choo? My name is Caleb.
Speaker 7: Today, I'll be graduating with my master's degree in jazz performance from Florid State Universe. Actually, char I know you love jazz, So next time you're in tellers, hit me up, hit me up.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 7: I just want to thank you guys for all the jokes and all the laughter and just get me through this degree, really because sometimes I need a break in or brother the fresh air from all the studying I've been doing. So the past six years between bachelor's and master's degree, I've been watching night Cap and just watching you guys get trusting against me so much joy. All right, Just in case y'all want to give me a little present for a graduation, I got three walls that have that need some jerseys signed by you three. So if you guys feel in your heart to sign some jerseys and sent it to me, I'll send you my my contacts. And so I was wanna thank you guys again, all jokes aside, and yeah, keep doing your thing.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, Yes, sir, congratulations. I'm glad you like im, Glad you like jazz. You hear me, I'm listen, Miles, David John Cochrane Man Duke ellington, man, I take it. I can take it back all the way back. Lift you on this monk Billie holiday. But don't get me started when we talk about jazz. Now, now you're talking my talk of language.
Speaker 5: You hear me.
Speaker 6: Congratulation, young boy, congratulations, And I'm gonna catch you. I'm like, I'm gonna catch you out Dan Tallahassy. Now I'm gonna come up there and to watch family in the margin one hundred. I need to take me to some some jazz spots out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a listen to the next one up?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 4: Oh show? And still woo pig some nice sausage and bacon right here.
Speaker 10: So tell me why in a must win game, see that mccamin is dropping eleven points.
Speaker 4: I put it in the parlay for him to get at least twenty one. Why am I go bowling?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: I look up at the screen. I see damn, they gotta mix the Hawks game up here. It's the second quarter. I sae da'son Daniels hitt and I'm like, what they hit?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 4: He justified why y'all losing seventy seven to twenty two?
Speaker 5: But for the half?
Speaker 3: What man, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be a rough couple of months. And you draw, I know it's already been rough. Raised the bass lost, house lost, You probably done.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, throw some money for that lunk you up by that otok man, that's what it is, man, Joe long money damn.
Speaker 3: Then what we all?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 5: You right back? That being boy and y'all go, you right back.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna lump him Up'm gonna have to look like Martin and that goddamn episode huh lumps everywhere by.
Speaker 5: This is why you know what's good for this?
Speaker 2: This is why everybody gonna have hell to pay everybody.
Speaker 3: My Hogs lost, my Hawks lost. Yeah, somebody gotta pay for this.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hey, hey, you know what, and we're gonna continue that losing streaking. Gonna start with you.
Speaker 3: I ain't going. I ain't gonna.
Speaker 5: You're gonna finish it out.
Speaker 3: I ain't going.
Speaker 5: I get I guarantee you that, play boy, I ain't going. I guarantee you that I ain't going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't gonna know you. You you and uncle over there trying to team up on it. But I got something for both of y'all.
Speaker 5: Ain't got nothing to do with this.
Speaker 2: But you got something to do with this, this me and you. He got my Louis buiton basketball all over there. Okay, Oh that ain't gonna get it. I'm gonna keep on.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, Oh, Joe, I'm would take that que off off it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, take that. Hey, if you beat me, I'll give you my cue. But that ain't have it.
Speaker 6: Hey, matt take he don't take that, Matthew Jackson glove off his ass too.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to the next one Oh show and still can we talk about how.
Speaker 12: There's more of an expectation for a forty of one year old basketball player to beat the Rockets without his stars than it's for a three time MVP and Yo kicch to get bouncing the first since one of the expectations that locksided.
Speaker 3: Anyways, he So.
Speaker 6: I mean I can answer that, and I don't even watch basketball like that is Lebron though it's different. I mean, I understand the comparison, you know, with Yogis and Lebron, But that's that's we talked about the chosen one. We talk about King James, we talk about the one that was annoying when he was born. You hear me, Glory. We talked about Gloria james Son right that one. Yeahun, Savannah, husband, he's held to a different expectation.
Speaker 5: He choosing to play this long in his career. Yeah, you know, so therefore we're expecting him to look like you said all the time, UK, we don't judge Lebron on how he looks right now. We're judging Lebron on what he looked like before in his prime throughout, So we're expecting him to always play at that level, regardless of how.
Speaker 1: Old he is. I'm glad you said that. So why did they judge Jordan like that when he was in Washington?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Why didn't they judge Michael Jordan to the standard that he was playing in Chicago when he was in Washington.
Speaker 5: Well, you just asked me a question, Un, I don't know the answer to.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you said, I said, they don't compare great players to other great players. They compare players to the old, younger selves. Yes, why wasn't Michael Jordan because everybody say, everybody know who he was, go, he'd go. He's supposed to win with anybody. Yeah, Yokic, Yokic is not thirty five Jokic is twenty nine. If Lebron James, Lebron James, coming off three mbps in four years, had lost in the first round to a team without their best player.
Speaker 3: They the crucified him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's held to a different standard.
Speaker 3: I just want to know that.
Speaker 5: Huh he say he hold on?
Speaker 1: How the guy held to a different standard when everybody say he ain't the top ten. Some people got him at nine, some people got him at eleven, some people got him at thirteen. So why would you hold a guy that's the ninth best player the level of the thirteenth best player? He's a the chalk, He's like this, Why would you hold him to a standard that you don't hold any other great players too?
Speaker 5: Hey? Because they they liked the conversation.
Speaker 6: They like the dialogue, going back and forth, knowing absolutely how great he is, knowing when it comes to want to come to picking who's the goat and who's the best, it only comes down to two people and it's based on preference. Now, if you want a nick pick, you run down and accolades and resume and how long someone's played and what they did in short amount of time in their careers. It's always comparable, but it's always gonna be one and two.
Speaker 5: It's either gonna be Jordan or gonna be Lebron, and everyone would have a dialogue in a conversation on why they support whoever it is that they choose.
Speaker 1: Okay, why didn't they hold Kobe and you're seventeen, eighteen, year nineteen, year twenty, Why didn't they hold him to the standard that when he played at in his prime? MM, Kobe's loved better than Lebron. That's what they tell me. Michael's better than Lebron. That's what they tell me. So why weren't they held to the same standard that we're holding Lebron to? Kobe played twenty years, so why in year sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen twenty, Why wasn't he hell to the standard that we hold Lebron? Why wasn't Jordan when he went to Washington those two years? Why wasn't he hell to the standard? That's all I want to know. You could say that I don't care, Shannon, They're still better than of Lebron. Why weren't they held to the standard. Why weren't they expected to not only make the playoffs? But I wouldn't hear them Laker fans. Weren't Laker fans that with all this like Lebron need to get traded. I'll be glad be Scott. I'm gonna need you to come on Nightcap and explain because you said you wish you was gone. You do realize if Lebron wasn't on that team when Luke and Aar got hurt, did it have been no playoffs? You wouldn't even made it in the play in So I need all them Laker fans talk about he needed to go. He need not look at you. So again, Oh Yo, this is for you, this Joe, this is not for you, Oh Joe, Kobe, Kobe play hold on. Kobe played twenty seasons. So why in year fifteen, you're sixteen, you're seventeen, you're eighteen, you're nineteen, you're twenty. Why was he not expected to get to the NBA Finals and win see that?
Speaker 3: Why was Michael.
Speaker 1: Jordan not expected to win a championship in Washington?
Speaker 3: I need somebody explain that to me.
Speaker 5: I like that you asked me that.
Speaker 6: See that's a handicap question for somebody who didn't watch the game back then.
Speaker 5: That's not fair. I understand. I understand how great Michael Jordan was. I understand how.
Speaker 6: Kobe, how great Kobe was, But I ain't start watching basketball until I had it come on Nightcap Chat.
Speaker 1: I need y'all explain to me chat. Y'all know, y'all some of the foremost authority. Y'all been watching the game of basketball a lot longer than I have. I need you to explain. Why was Kobe never held in you're fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen and twenty to the standard with y'all held Lebron? Why was Jordan? They did anybody like hold on Jordan? He played two years. Yeah, people say, oh, that was your ceremony, so it didn't even matter. So if he'd won a championship, would it have mattered?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw people say, oh, what would my hell? I was in my early thirties. I was in my thirties, late mid thirties, thirty four, thirty five. When Jordan was in Washington, I heard people say, Lebron James are never gonna be able to play like this at age forty, what Michael's doing right now in forty, Lebron will never be able to do.
Speaker 3: Are y'all sure about that? I got tied. We got about fifteen more minutes. I think it's to.
Speaker 2: The hate that Lebron gets is from his longevity in the game.
Speaker 3: Fellas you know, they they.
Speaker 2: They crucifying for that Uncle Ojo because he goes because.
Speaker 3: He got all the records.
Speaker 5: Oh he ain't.
Speaker 2: He ain't the best scorer that ship. He got the most points. Yeah, he topped what three four and assists mm hmm. When he's done, he's gonna probably gonna have them to every record in the book. So when they watch him, when they watch him compete and play Uncle Ojo, the standard that the fans hold him to is a lot higher than what they held m J and Kobe too have a question.
Speaker 5: What's up when things been bad for Jordan? Did he ever leave?
Speaker 3: He retired? He retired twice. You remember that, right?
Speaker 5: I said? Did he ever leave?
Speaker 3: He left? He left the game of basketball.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just saying he left the game of basketball, another team game of basketball.
Speaker 3: He went.
Speaker 1: Yes, he left the left the team. He went to the He went to the Chicago Black Sauce. He went to White sow.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, did Kobe ever leave a team.
Speaker 3: He tried. He asked to get traded to Chicago Bulls.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 1: He wanted to get traded, he did, asked for a trade, something Lebron never did. Mm, okay, anything else you want to know, I got a little time for I'm just I'm just asking.
Speaker 6: I'm just asking questions to get a better understanding on why people feel the way they do it about Lebron. So you asking me a question, I don't know, because my lads.
Speaker 5: Of the game and nothing like that. I've just started. I've just started watching.
Speaker 1: Because in their harder hearts, Lebron James is the only one that's ever been compared to Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's doing one. Only one.
Speaker 1: We have never said in the history of sports a guy with one regular season MVP was even considered the greatest. They've always had more than one, Yes, more than one. They make it seem like Lebron got no titles. Even before Jordan even won a title, they labeled him the greatest. Magic and Bird had all the titles in the eighties. They won eight of the ten that was contested, right, and they said Jordan was the greatest.
Speaker 3: With no rings. With no rings, they labeled him the greatest.
Speaker 5: Because of his plate.
Speaker 3: So that's all it takes. Then, So why are we talking about rings then?
Speaker 1: Because so why they keep mentioning six and oh because the play while we mentioned six and oh.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know they love to move the gold post depending on who and what they're talking about.
Speaker 5: I mean, look at this.
Speaker 6: I just Hey, I'm just saying they moved the gold post depending on who and what they're talking about.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing I can think of.
Speaker 1: He played, I mean, look what he did. Look, I mean, look what he averaged. Twenty three points eight and seven, twenty three eight and seven something like that. Yeah, the oldest player of the lead lead a series in scoring at forty one. And people say when you break, no, it's the fact, when you even the mere fact of the matter is forty one. Who picked the Hey, I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think Mark Spears was the only one to pick the Lakers to win the series. Everybody else said the Rockets. Ain't no way a forty one year old can lead a team to a victim, lead this team to a series win.
Speaker 6: Hey, but what we can't do, we can't use the forty one and an excuse when things don't work out.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, We use it when he's Oh Joe, he's forty one. Who let me ask you a question. Name the player in history that's never played at this level?
Speaker 5: Do I'm goon?
Speaker 1: Do we not give Jared Right's credit forget you the forty to catch a thousand yards of age.
Speaker 5: Forty forty two? Wasn't he forty two?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: He retired at forty two, but he had a thousand yards receiving at age forty. We have to give him credit for that? Yeah, damn? Why because he's doing something what o't Joe?
Speaker 5: Nobody here's speaking to.
Speaker 1: Your microphone something that's never ever been done before in the histiy of the game. Yes, sir, okay, I was happy chat, I was giving about it. I've been around with Ochoe for three years now. Sometimes I can finish your thoughts for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I'm just I'm just listening.
Speaker 6: I'm just listening. I'm just I'm just listening to listen. I like, I like all of them. Shoot, you know, I'm I'm a Lebron. I'm a Lebron fan of m Kobe Fanhill, I'm a Jordan fan.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: So I mean, I'm just I'm liking to hear the differences on why people feel the way they do when it comes to Lebron, or why they feel the way they do when it comes to Kobe, or why they feel the way they do and when it comes to Michael Jordan. I'm still I'm still learning that stuff. The people in the chat, they know it all. They've been enjoying the game of basketball, probably since birth. Joe, I'm only in year two of this thing. Joe, Yeah, I'm only in year two.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: We're talking boxing, Joe, boy, I can talk from a to z. Boy, we talking football. I can talk from a to z Now, were talking soccer.
Speaker 5: Hell, I can talk for twenty four hours street, you know, we talking tennis, were talking a little track. I can give you something basketball. Oh that's my weak spot, Joe, Yeah, yes, sir, Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 6: I could admit that. You know, some people want to admit that. They try to act like they know it all. I don't know it all, especially when it comes to this. I'm learning on the fly.
Speaker 1: I'll make a case for you if I like you, there ain't nothing you look at it right now, do we see what's going on. We see what's going on in the world. We see where our economy is, we see how the prices are. It was supposed to be no more war. We jumped into another needless, endless war. And what because they like it. President Obama just had a Starbucks coffee in his hand. That's beneath the president.
Speaker 3: He had a tan suit on. Yes, that's beneath the president.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I remember that. Hey, they went crazy about that tan. He was clean his hair that day, wasn't he.
Speaker 5: Boy, he was shod that name.
Speaker 1: It's not like you, Oh Joe. You can't do no wrong in my eyes. But if I don't, you can do no good in my eyes. That's just the way it is. And you got to understand. I think it's more difficult now. Even if you say, let's just say for the sake of argument, the game is not more difficult.
Speaker 3: It's more difficult to play in the social media era, are not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing that happened with Rabel and miss Rossini, if that has been in the seventies, the eighties or ninety that never got out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Well, we got another one to go. Will Will didn't I know too much, But Anyway, let's move on. We got one more.
Speaker 3: That was it? Oh, that was it? That was it? That was it? Oh Oh, Marca d K will dominate.
Speaker 1: Scotty was the best player in this series, with all due respect. You think he'll do You think Kay will dominate this series?
Speaker 5: Joe and ojoeh he's been dominating. He's one guess you can always count on to get his huh.
Speaker 3: Hold on against Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Yes, hell yeah, he gonna dominate, meaning I think he know exactly what we've been talking about. Ms de Trent gonna have a hard time winning it if he's not putting up special performances period point playing. You know, you just got to hope that Tobias Harris can stay consistent.
Speaker 3: That's it. I think he the key.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest kid. I think he the key, Joe, I honestly do. Yeah, the man's own killer. Oh yo, y'all hype these NBA playoffs. Let me find out y'all like it more than the NFL. Now, I'm joking. I know football still y'all first love, But you have to the thing is is that we had game sevens. You do realize the NFL playoffs, every game is a game seven, yojo, Every game is a game seven in the NFL postseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 1: That's why the people love it so much, because you can be the best team and not the best team will probably it's hard for the best team to lose four times. Yeah, but one time in the series. See, I don't know if you remember this joke. The series used to be the best two out of three. The first round was the best two out of three, the second round was the best three out of five. It was only the conference finals, and the finals were the best four out of seven.
Speaker 3: So you know why they you know how they moved them all to seven games? Hello? Hello, the same.
Speaker 1: Reason they add more playoff games than they're trying to add another NFL football game.
Speaker 3: Ohhoke, Hello.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is always be in the bottom line, h the bonus in the fire in the penalties. You got three shots to make two, so used to shoot three free throws to try to make two.
Speaker 3: So if you made the fast two, it was all that, it was done, and boy you good.
Speaker 1: But if you if you missed with the first one, you got two more to try to make enough, try to make two, yes, sir, but that was before y'all time. You don't remember that flight attendant defense and Grid k K is the cad in the mix Pistons and six kid could have definitely played with the bad boy Pistons.
Speaker 2: He got it right to me, he got it. He got it, He got the right to meet. He went to the right team, he got it.
Speaker 3: Definitely got it.
Speaker 1: Pat Dove, don't forget Fellas Detroit players. Uh know, the next series is personal for JB. Bickerstaff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because that's where he that's where he come from. Mm hm oh yeah, you don't think a A. He for sure put that on them boys mind. Oh yeah, yeah yeah. They got him up out of there prematurely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sh hey, guys, I want to see this fishing tournament. Maybe Prime can host it. What you guys personal best? I ain't used to catch fish to put on the wall. I can't used to We used to catch fish to put the damn paying Yeah, I don't know now my grandma do my grandma? I think she got a eight pounds ten ounce on the wall, maybe nine pounds or something.
Speaker 3: Damn. Yeah, I think she.
Speaker 1: Called she caught him and she had called my aunt. Uh well, my sister picked up from the pond because my sister used to take her and drop off and she go fishy fish by myself. My sister came to my sister come back to pick her up. She said, oh, Libby, look what I caught. She say, uh, call top that's what that's My aunt daughter, Jane said, call Topping hug Rex to come get him. They can they can cook him and eat him. Slippy said, no, Granny, that's gonna go on the water. She said, no, they can eat this. She said, no, Granny. She said, well, they're bigger fishing there than that. Slipper said, granted, you ain't never caught one, though. She she was gonna give it to my uncle or I to eat it. My sister say, nah, this is going on the wall to this day. If in the living room on the wall.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: But I be I know, I don't know what how big it caught. I do can beat these two that's on my screen right now, That's what I do know. I don't think you don't say that. You ain't saying that with enough confidence for me. I don't think I know for show for show, you could beat O Joe, these two guys that's on the screen with me, I'll beat hell out of them.
Speaker 3: Fishing. We can fish. We can fish with bait. We can fish with a shiners.
Speaker 1: We can fish with cut bait, we can fish with broke back jigs, whatever.
Speaker 5: I don't care what you name it.
Speaker 6: All this goddamn bait that don't that ain't gonna change the end result. You're still gonna lose. You're still gonna lose.
Speaker 3: Do you know what cut bait is?
Speaker 5: I don't. If you still gonna lose, I'm gonna use earth worms.
Speaker 6: How about that? That's all I'm use us use red wigglers. Listen, I'm gonna use earthworms. Ain't gonna use nothing else, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna still beat you. You don't know where to throw that god damn line. I know where to throw that line.
Speaker 3: You hear me.
Speaker 5: You don't know what.
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 5: You ain't eighty sheep man? What you're talking about? Joe? What he talking about? Joe ain't no official huh?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey man, you know what you look at You look at Joe? You see it? He tone off a bad bull?
Speaker 7: He O Joe?
Speaker 1: You cast like this? O Joe, Oh Joe, you cast huh, just a little fliquor the wrists.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's how you cast. I cast with my elbow.
Speaker 3: That bad he is gonna cat your damn thing. Joe.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, it's an easy win for me. I would just keep one hund easy win for me. I can fish, That's what I do. Know what all the first of all, are we fishing for anything? In particular? We're fishing for anything to buy? Just let me know, Joe, what we fishing, were finishing for small.
Speaker 6: Fishing, where we fishing. That's that's the most important part. We worried about what we're fishing for. Where were fishing at, then we can.
Speaker 1: Talk about their dollar pans. If we deep sea fishing, I mean, we're gonna catch. We're gonna catch what catching? What you what you're fishing for? Group of snapper?
Speaker 5: Hey, I want I want a glide group.
Speaker 3: Of want a big ass fish for for what?
Speaker 5: And then put him back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna sheep paid drum spot. What we what we're fishing for? Joe?
Speaker 1: Joe, Hey, we're fishing for walleye.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just trying to tell whatever you want to fish for, Joe.
Speaker 5: What how about? How about how about we make it? How about we do this. How about we don't eat that day, and we don't eat unless we catch something.
Speaker 3: I'm all for that now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm bet I bet you get serious about it.
Speaker 5: Then you don't eat unless you catch something.
Speaker 1: I bet Lord have mercy and listen Lord.
Speaker 5: Lord can't help you here. Lord can't help you walk through the water. But he can't help you here.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is gonna be a sight to see already already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he want to take some live group, I will catch a black grouper.
Speaker 3: I got he do you.
Speaker 6: I'm from Miami. I grew up on the water, at the water, around the water. I did everything except walk on water.
Speaker 2: I won't tell ay telling Hey, telling you a wave in the water, huh, you was waved then, been doing this?
Speaker 5: Only person got baptised. Only only person got baptized three times because the shit keep wearing off. E my joke.
Speaker 1: And Kate Fisher lick theater in Miami, walk out of his house and skept right into this ocean. And Kate Fisher lit right right. As a matter of fact, Joe, we can set deadlines how you want to fish, Joe, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: Man, listen, That's why I'm saying y'all stady coming up with all these differences.
Speaker 3: It don't make me no different. Baby.
Speaker 2: Let you get out there and throw that thing out there. I bet y'all catch more than y'all, and I bet y'all catch the biggest one.
Speaker 1: Hey, whatever, you use a k pole if you want to whatever, Joe, we can use a thirty three Zepco thirty three.
Speaker 3: Eight or I don't care, we can get eight whatever.
Speaker 5: Hey, you see how a a Joe?
Speaker 6: You see our un name and all the you know, all the baits and all the rods and all the lines and stuff.
Speaker 3: Type.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe, the type Joe Heat, the type.
Speaker 6: To come hoop at the park and have on the whole Jodan outfit with his shoes and all.
Speaker 1: But they call me Shannon van dam if you do anything about fishing. They've only been a handful of guys that's run the Classic at least four times.
Speaker 3: KB and Rick Klon and and you.
Speaker 2: You're seeing you in that conversation. Yeah, Okay, I got he.
Speaker 1: She ain't got nothing on me, Bill Dance, Rolling Mart and all of them.
Speaker 2: I got none of them. I gotta I'm him. I gotta see it to believe it.
Speaker 5: It sound good.
Speaker 3: I gotta see it to believe it.
Speaker 2: You got to show me, man, I plan on it all right, say less, no, you don't even know how to clean no fish?
Speaker 5: Now to clean no fish? Boy, I scale a fish like a woman. But don't playing me what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Don't play it? Don't play clean damn fist.
Speaker 5: I scale a fistic cleaning fish like I do a woman. Huh from head to toe? What don't play me? You hear me? Hey, Joe, from the fish, from the tails to the eyes. Boy, I don't play no games.
Speaker 3: God bless that cam fail. But I got a miracle question.
Speaker 1: What do we say if go Lebron James eliminated OKC, it would be the.
Speaker 3: Biggest stuff said in the history of basketball.
Speaker 2: I agree, considering the fact what he's up against. Uh without the leading scorer in the NBA on this team.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, ts car watch detailed service. My grandfather told me, you want to mess with me, you better get a colt cause it's gonna be a cold on the floor.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, O yoe, y'all. Look here.
Speaker 1: I don't even like when it comes to stuff like that, When it comes to like outdoors and stuff, I just eliminated O.
Speaker 3: Yoe am on.
Speaker 2: You right because I'm the one person the unknown.
Speaker 1: You don't know, you don't know what you're gonna get, but I feel you from Arkansas. You might have did a little fishing. You might have did a little honey.
Speaker 2: Many Ay then my partners that you know, shout out Miss green Wood. He used to we should skip school, just go fishing the whole entire day.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so I just want you all to know, bro, he I ain't like it that much. Joe ain't for the life. Yeah, yeah, that's man.
Speaker 5: I ain't trying to hear him old last story from nineteen fifty all right, I ain't trying to hear all that. Man.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we've seen what happened last time we all got together.
Speaker 3: Anybody.
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody trying to talk about that old stuff?
Speaker 3: That old?
Speaker 5: Your resume? Updates your resume? What have you done? What have you done to me lately? Nothing except talk. You ain't get number to take.
Speaker 6: The last thing you did good was better on the goddamn Hawks to beat the Knicks in the series and they lost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it ain't have to pay. I bet I.
Speaker 6: Bettle five hundred. I can't even remember that little change, damn.
Speaker 3: Right, bragging about not having to pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that man if he said, the best you say, the best thing you did with the last was bet on the Hawks.
Speaker 3: And he said, yeah, I bet on them and I ain't got to pay. Yeah I am. I talk.
Speaker 5: Can keep that little chain, You keep that little change.
Speaker 3: You ain't had no choice but to let me keep my little chain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you keep that little chain. Man, get you some gas. You use that for some gas money, thank you? Yeah, use that for some gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah I will, I will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's your best bet.
Speaker 1: But I tell you what, we're going fishing for the before we before, before we start a football season.
Speaker 3: Uh, took my little bro. Game.
Speaker 1: Took my little bro to Game seven the Cavs. It was electric, loudest game I've ever been to as a former player. How much does the way games truly affect you?
Speaker 2: I love aa game in the postseason, bro, listen, I played in a few game seven's on the road oo and yeah it's it's it's pretty intense, bro. Like you, you can you can feel it, you can see it, you understand what it is. And tonight was definitely electric. So it was fun to watch, but yeah, I know the anxiety that it brings amongst you. You know, before the game and after the game, after you get the win, Well that's a sign of relief.
Speaker 3: For sure. Yeah. I think there's less pressure playing on the road than there is playing at home, no question, no question, youll magic.
Speaker 1: Y'all think Toronto would have beaten the Cavs if they had Pascal Siakam and been gone for so long.
Speaker 3: Man, Uh yeah, be.
Speaker 1: I but by I hadn't played his best basketball in this series.
Speaker 3: They probably would.
Speaker 2: Have beat them all if they had Pascal Pascal, I'm saying because he not only a score here, a great utility guy. He don't do he don't just score, you know, solid defender, Yeah, plays the right way, plays hardest.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. So if they'd had him.
Speaker 1: Possibly, uh big three, Love you guys, Go Broncos. Fire sale, the Celtics team, fire and Sale, fire sale. He's like, are they gonna be selling out?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 1: JB and JT are coming back. The question is what are they gonna do? Derrick White makes a lot of money. I think they got Prayton Pritcher tied up. I don't know what what Quato's situation is. They re signed Houser. He's back, he'll be back, But I don't really know the moves, the pieces that they could make. I mean, it may interesting if jt had a played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so I think by them getting healthy and coming back next year, I think that's the biggest key for them.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's health, because if Jason Tatum would have played. Yeah, you're right, oh, Jo, we don't know what the hell would have happened.
Speaker 7: R K.
Speaker 1: You mentioned and on Undisputed that you paid for your latest divorce. I know they're the backstory. How about them sixers? You paid for her divorce? The story was, look, this chick was getting the divorce. He found out she was dating someone. He didn't know it was me, but she found out she was dating someone, and he wanted all the money that was in the bank account. She wanted to split it. Yeah, he wasn't going to sign the divorce papers until she gave him all the money. I asked her how much was in account? She said it was this much. I said, here, damn, And he signed the divorce papers.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, damn.
Speaker 6: H Why that's some plays say that's the player stuff, right, there by huh.
Speaker 1: I mean people like, oh bro, I'm trying to figure out when guys are by their girlfriend of g wagon off the rip, get them a condo or a place off the rip.
Speaker 3: I'm trying. I'm trying to. I mean, what's going on. That's the same thing.
Speaker 6: But that's the whole way is that's a that's a that's the one percentage that do that.
Speaker 5: That ain't it ain't everybody, right. I know it's a select few that's able to.
Speaker 1: Do that off the rip, but there is only a select few that would be able to say what you want to divorce, I want to be with you.
Speaker 3: He's not. He's haggling over this. Okay, well here.
Speaker 5: You go, Okay, okay, of that, Okay, talk yo.
Speaker 1: I'm not I don't. I don't listen. I don't I don't go back. Look, I mean, I don't want to go back and forth. If I like you, I don't care nobody else, the simpling and all that other stuff. If I like somebody, I'm I'm I want I want to be with that person, right, Yeah, I'm gonna do for that person. It's really that simple. All that other stuff I don't let I don't let what somebody else. I wouldn't do this. I wouldn't do that. Okay, that's fine, that's you.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't.
Speaker 1: And I don't be drugged somebody that won't do something for the lady. I don't regret somebody that doesn't enormous amount for the lady. My situation is my situation. What you do and how you treat your lady ain't got nothing.
Speaker 3: To do with shame.
Speaker 6: Hell, hey, well you got that money, but UNT got that money on what how much in the account?
Speaker 1: When I like somebody, Hey, it's been a situations. He if somebody, look, I'm the type of guy you look, if I rock with you and if I can help, I'm gonna help.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel you on that. Yeah that's me, that's me. That's me.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, Joe.
Speaker 1: The problem is is that I know I'm not the only one, but everybody because guy's gonna beople all man, you sip for the X y Z.
Speaker 3: They won't tell you the real story. Hello, but I know the real story. Cut.
Speaker 1: You gotta realize gods like myself and Joe, Joe, we traveling circles. Yeah, we know some of the people, and I'm like, bro, come on now, yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Know, we know, we know, we know.
Speaker 3: How she driving a g wagon. She ain't got that.
Speaker 1: I know that that beauty salon ain't doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, j J Allen put bt A K. Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Is that dude. True game changer? He absolutely is. He's phenomenal. He's better than I thought. He's better than I thought he would because watching him at Oklahoma State, I thought he was a good player.
Speaker 3: I ain't see this, Joe. I ain't gonna lie. Joe. Well, I think he's a lot more polished.
Speaker 2: He's awesome been He's always been poison patience, you know, with the ball in his hands, Joe, from the time I seen him play in high school, yeah, on to college and now to the pros. No difference, Bro, He's a He's a big guard who can get to his spots. Obviously three level score, can shoot the three, shoot the midie, get to the cup, bang on you. But he has a nice post game and I think probably one of the best attributes of his game is getting others involved. Because when he has high assist totals, they they're hard to beat and.
Speaker 1: It makes his job easier because now they can't keep him out of the lane. Now they got the guard, they got to stick to they.
Speaker 3: Man, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: But he has to continue to assert himself and continue to put their pressure on the defense and make the all attention come to him.
Speaker 3: And that's how he's able to get.
Speaker 2: Those other guys easy shots, get him involved. The Tobias Harris's, the Duncan Robinson's, the Thompson's, you know, guys of that nature.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing because he always can handle the balls. He could always defend. But I think it's three point shot. Joe's really expanded this game.
Speaker 2: It is bro it is, It's it's pretty pure. You give him a good look at it. Yeah, you're gonna knock it down. Oh Joe, you need.
Speaker 1: To take notes, so you so you can dunk on the iceo and then and then hit the look the too little.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm I'm I'm here, I'm a hey Joe, I'm gonna catch it like Derrick Coleman court shack bro.
Speaker 3: Boor please hear me, boy, please.
Speaker 5: Hey Joe, you know I'm bouncy.
Speaker 2: Huh you ain't. You don't weigh enough though, that's the problem. You're gonna have Joe.
Speaker 5: I'm bouncy, Joe.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 5: I'm a knee. I'm a knee on your forehead. Boy, you don't weigh enough. Ain't about wait?
Speaker 3: Boy? Yeah it is high. You got his knee on your forehead. Joe.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, I'm gonna knee him right in his forehead.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got a question.
Speaker 2: You think that that man can't do all this with no basketball in his hand?
Speaker 3: He ain't that damn good.
Speaker 2: Hell if that's the case, you played the wrong damn sport, partner, No.
Speaker 5: That I played the right sport. Yeah, I played the right sport. Huh. Yeah, I'm yeah, I'm on your ass.
Speaker 1: Pause Joe, uh greedy bowl? Damn uh say damn that old Joe. Your ass still sick. Yeah, you got your boys back. But that call tearing you up.
Speaker 3: But they whooping your ands over there. That what he tells me.
Speaker 6: I'm good, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good, I'm on a tear and everything, you know, getting the last little bit of mucus out of there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it is what it is. What it is.
Speaker 1: O Cho, your a c woke up every day this week and you chose violence.
Speaker 5: Good Lord, who ain't you no violence? Ain't nothing but love over here, you hear me, ain't nothing but love over here. Don't confuse it now.
Speaker 6: You know we're gonna, we're gonna, we gonna dibble and dabble with this little talking now, but you know he's gonna always be loved. I'm listen, I'm gonna beat Joe ass. I'm gonna hugging and tell him everything. We're gonna be, everything, gonna be all.
Speaker 3: Right after that.
Speaker 1: Damn brother Franklin say that I ain't seeing that Strap did a number on Oh Joe get well soon twins.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. You know, you know, you know, ain't you know it ain't nothing, ain't nothing wrong. Lookle cuddling that.
Speaker 1: Titan guy. What's up, fellows? I? So, who's the best defender you played against? And what's your favorite board game? I Likenopoly? Yea, the best defender you played.
Speaker 2: Against, the best defender I've played against. I'll probably give it to run tests. Uh, he's a guy you couldn't play with. Meaning, you know, even if you had a bad bro just getting one move and gonna get.
Speaker 5: By, you got to go.
Speaker 2: You know, since out there trying to dance on telling you. You know, some guys just have a great sense of awareness with the hands that can get and can get deflections. And he was one of those dudes. Bro, So I understood that early in my career. Yeah, he won, No guy played with I just got right by, got on do what I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even got that big ass body. So boy, yeah he bigger than you. People don't realize how big he is. Yeah, yeah, he's stronger. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As far as board games, he said his was a Monopoly. I like Monopoly. I like Monopoly too. You I beat your ass Monopoly and Monopoly. Yes, I had a whole them street blocked off out the world. Where you be paying me?
Speaker 1: Every time you Joe, every time you go ride the bold Yeah, every time you hit over there, come across my cone apart and I have it locked up.
Speaker 3: So do you be paying me money?
Speaker 1: Hey, I would get I'm gonna get the utilities, and I'm gonna get park paying boardwalk got I know you would to come.
Speaker 2: I know you want to go past Go. I know you want to get past go. Hey, my favorite game right now? Me and me and my family play a lot. Bro is Uh, it's clue, I ain't. You ain't gonna played clue to where? Uh you gotta guess who who? Who?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who done the murder or whatnot? Like it's the whole thing. You gotta have paper. Yeah, I've heard of Yeah, it's it's, it's, it's, it's it's a it's a pretty fun game.
Speaker 3: We enjoy games like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're playing, but don't he even got a clue bout what I'm gonna do to you on.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: He playing a board game clue, but don't got a clue back what I'm gonna do to him?
Speaker 2: He ain't done money that Yeah, oh oh oh, Joe, Joe, have to pick one eat groceries a dude number two on a fast food restaurant.
Speaker 3: I'm doing that and I'm doing I'm doing both.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm lacing up the toilet, I'm lacing up the toilet. Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm doing the whole roll of about the whole roll of toilet paper. Yeah yeah, talking about the whole age.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm doing both, man, It don't matter me. Man, you know you're just savage.
Speaker 3: You're just a savage.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe, Joe.
Speaker 6: When I gotta go, I gotta go, Joe. Listen, I laced the toilet lace, the toilet up lace, the toilet up and I hate this is what I hate about restaurants to Joe. I really hate this, you know. And you could tell how much how much companies or businesses care about their customers based on a type of toilet tissue they.
Speaker 5: Have in the bathroom.
Speaker 6: They got one play and you gotta lay it down twice. They don't They don't really care about your customer service. They don't care about customer service.
Speaker 5: Go to a.
Speaker 1: Restaurant, they fly up and get clogged, all the people going, and you put all that toilet paper.
Speaker 6: That's why you change your plumbing system. You change your plumbing system so it flushes a little stronger. Yeah, I'm number two every time Joe.
Speaker 5: I'm at Joe.
Speaker 2: Damn, man, I got it. If I can make it home, I'm going home exactly.
Speaker 3: I'll leave the gym.
Speaker 5: Yah.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, man, he listen, I go on, I get on my phone, Get on Twitter, man, get on that toilet quick boy. Oh no, I'm just telling you man, you know, and you know we'll take the groceries with that too.
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah me, damn then yeah nasty And.
Speaker 6: Then let me tell you about that, Joe, get your little ice too, now, Joe, yeah me for yeah, when you when.
Speaker 5: You're ready to elevate your game in that area.
Speaker 3: Now make it entertained, says.
Speaker 1: If a fat guy jumps into a pool naked, can you still call it skinny dipping? If he from the cops, it barely gets away? Is that a narrow escape?
Speaker 5: Hey, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 6: Listen, I ain't even thinking about my jokes man, I forgot all about my jokes man.
Speaker 5: I gotta get big on the game.
Speaker 1: Manuh uh, John Doe, stop saying, d miss don't show up in the playoffs. If the guys are rounding him, that don't so all the playoffs. So he showed up in every playoff series. Huh, he has it, He has it, and it's okay. It happens.
Speaker 3: Nobody has played has played well.
Speaker 1: In every playoff series, right, and it's okay. Came Alexander, your big three things for the laugh? I call I got caught cheating again?
Speaker 3: Damn again? You're rough.
Speaker 1: What are the five things that we could take on a dollar to stay forever?
Speaker 3: Know who?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: He said, what are five things you can want of?
Speaker 5: What he said?
Speaker 1: What are the five things you would take on an island to stay forever? But you don't You can't.
Speaker 2: Take no who ha Damn, I ain't try to go on no olar forever, especially with out that who ain't a man? Yeah?
Speaker 3: For sure? What the hell I build up about myself?
Speaker 2: The hell?
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, uncle Joe, what kind of detergent do bodybuilders use to wash their clothes?
Speaker 3: Bodybuilder on the hammer?
Speaker 6: No, ain't Joe and uncle bodybuilders use games to wash their clothes.
Speaker 1: What you're taking? What's the five pass you're taking? Joe to an island?
Speaker 3: Yep? Uh, I need some I'm gonna need some entertainment.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Uh, So you're gonna take a boom box.
Speaker 2: Gotta gotta have, gotta have the jams. I gotta have me a Can we take a TV?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You got five pains on Joe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me give me my video game TV. Uh, that's gonna work. Wanders right there, that's gonna have anything I need?
Speaker 3: Uh? I can fish, so I can? I can? You know?
Speaker 2: I catch my own food on day to day. Basis me a nice little fishing pole Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I ain't taking that. You can make that, Joe. You better.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna take no fire. You ain't gonna take nothing to start, no fire with no lighter. You ain't gonna take no knife. I don't need no knife. We're gonna figure that out. An How you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Cut you what you're gonna sleep on? What you're gonna sleep but you youin't gonna be on no shelter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be. I'm good in the wilderness. I can build. I can build that. You're not building anything. How you're gonna get it down. How you're gonna cut it down? How I'm gonna cut it down the trees or the branches, the limbs. I'm gonna snatch the I'm gonna snatch him down. I'm like Tarzan out that thing.
Speaker 3: Huh. This man's about to be dead in five days.
Speaker 1: This man, this man, but hey, he gonna be watching TV and jabby dono. This man don't want no fire, he don't want no knife. What about some water? You want any water?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You need water, and you're gonna need that fire. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna need a fire some water. Yeah? Oh Yoe, what you're taking.
Speaker 5: Who I'm telling the first thing I'm taking. I'm a tent. Okay, I need me a tent. You know, I got to deal with all the elements out there.
Speaker 3: You know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: You hear me. I need my cigars. Huh.
Speaker 6: I can't do nothing without my cigars. So with my cigars comes my lighter.
Speaker 5: That's still two things.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, three, you know I got I got, I got my I got my Cambodia with me.
Speaker 5: Now you hear me, you can't take no. Huh. I ain't gonna, ain't.
Speaker 3: Gonna do nothing, and now you can't take it. Just the case.
Speaker 5: O okay, all right.
Speaker 6: If I can't get that, give me my music right, give me some music right for number number four, Give me my cub scout knife. My cub scout knife I had back in eighty seven. That had me a good knife. I can cut anything. I could build anything.
Speaker 3: So you want to like a machete.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I said knife, but you said machete. But okay, yeah, I like that. Give me give me uh one good one good part. I need one good part. That's all I need.
Speaker 3: Man that man a name like seven things that's five.
Speaker 5: That's fire.
Speaker 2: Joe, burst off your cigar lighter. That's two things go.
Speaker 5: That's not that the cigar lighter go together. Joe, don't.
Speaker 3: That's about you. But I believe, I believe you gotta leave.
Speaker 1: You gonna have to learn how to live without them cigars because they ain't no necessity.
Speaker 5: That ship for me, it is.
Speaker 3: What you got.
Speaker 1: I'm taking uh, I'm taking fire. I'm gonna take a lighter. I'm gonna take a machete. I'm taking water.
Speaker 3: Uh, a tent okay.
Speaker 1: And radio okay, god birds, Hey, oh Joe. I guess that it hates the Knicks tonight. I guess being in Atlanta ass By fifty one didn't do nothing saying for embiid or what's complaining about?
Speaker 5: Don't worry about it. We good, were good, were good. Listen.
Speaker 6: I took up from bed you know now the not he on the bed's side. Now I'm taking up a cat, so I need a cat to come through for me. Matter of fact, speaking of tickets, right, mister Dolan, If you don't get back to me, it's okay. Hey, Bronson and Josh Hart, remember I did, y'all boys, that's solid.
Speaker 5: I came on the podcast.
Speaker 6: So I need me a solid but I need my feet need to be on the wood for one game down at the garden, but I want to see I want to be out there for that.
Speaker 3: You hear me, that feet on the wood. You ain't getting that.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, Josh Brunshing, I'll let your boy, Mr Dolan, uh hum, Hey hey when I when I get that, Joe, I'm gonna be like I high nine ninety boo boo, hey.
Speaker 1: Big three. I'm gonna have my first child, she's dude. June twenty sixth. Okay, whoa cancer? June twenty sixth Okay. One question. What's the difference between having a daughter and having a son?
Speaker 2: Ah? Them them girls make you soft, bro. Yeah, them boys you gotta you gotta keep their elbow up in their neck.
Speaker 3: You know you you're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: You know you'll you're a lot rough on I know I'm a lot tough on my on my oldest son than I am with my daughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you this, whether you have a boy or a girl, boy, it's a great feeling, you hear me. But it's one thing, you know, It's in the Bible. You know, all numbers are bad luck. So I guess I said, just if you have your your daughter, your son June twenty sixth, I suggest you get back.
Speaker 5: In there by the end of July. Damn you get back in there by the end of July.
Speaker 2: Oh job uh, you gotta waste six weeks, bro, I said, end of July.
Speaker 3: It's cutting it too clothes, man, Oh, it.
Speaker 5: Ain't cutting do it. Ain't cutting too clothes. Get back in there, get it out the way now, get it. You don't. You don't want them too far apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, living too quick. The only thing is gonna be far apart is your sleep schedule.
Speaker 6: That's fine, Yeah, that's fine. That's the good thing about it. Hey, one of the greatest things in life is having an infant and getting them on your schedule. Don't let them dictate when they wake up and when they go to sleep, You dictate to them. You got to establish dominance as a parent.
Speaker 5: Early, dude. Bro, I'm just telling you what I've done.
Speaker 6: I got I got eighty five kids, Joe, I got this now, and.
Speaker 3: They was and they was what you call it, with their mom during the season, and.
Speaker 5: They were with me during the off season. Matter of fact, you see I got I got about thirty seven up with me now, but.
Speaker 3: They was already on the schedule by the time you got them.
Speaker 5: I made the schedule.
Speaker 3: Okays live again.
Speaker 1: Can we finally put Sam Donald in the top three quarterbacks? The last two seasons? Super Bowl ring better? So with that being said, you would take you would take Sam.
Speaker 3: Donald over mahomes Borough Jackson Allen, No, I ain't doing that, man.
Speaker 1: I look and I see this is where it's headed, O Joe that now the super Bowl ring is.
Speaker 5: The end all be all hell No.
Speaker 3: Nobody, but when did this happen?
Speaker 1: Because nobody said Brad Johnson was a top three quarterback when he wanted Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: For Tampa Bay, said that Trent Deal was.
Speaker 1: Nobody even said Russell Wilson was a top three quarterback when.
Speaker 3: He won it. But this day, I guess not rings with me meither.
Speaker 1: Hey, it is what it will say, sir Kate, My guys, what matters more in building a champion a system or a superstar that can break the system.
Speaker 3: You need to nowadays in the NBA, you need a you need a star.
Speaker 5: Bro NFL, I'm going with the system. Mainly defense.
Speaker 6: Seahawks Defense, Brad Johnson's Super Bowl winning team defense, Eagles Defense Trend, Dilford Defense, Joe Flacco Ravens Super Bowl Defense, Giants two super Bowls defense system.
Speaker 1: It's it's funny that you know, because you look at the triangle Phil Jackson. So if I take Shaq, Kobe, Michael, and Scottie out of the triangle and give Phil, is he still winning eleven championships?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I take Kareem and Magic Jame's Worthy out of pat Riley system. They're still winning five championships.
Speaker 3: No system. Good.
Speaker 1: It's nice to have a s yes, Tom and have things. Hey, let's go rid this, but you better have somebody that can operate that system. Yes, Sam Right, Steve Kerr still running the same system. He ain't got the playoff to go with steps and cause.
Speaker 3: What's ain't gonna worry.
Speaker 1: That conpletes this episode of Nightcap. I want to thank you guys for joining us, but now we know two game sevens and the home team. He'll serve it home both in convincing fashion. The Detroit Pistons blow out the Orlando Magic after they fought back from twenty four down in game six to force the game seven, and Toronto forced the game seven on a miracle shot by RJ. Barrett, but that wasn't enough as they hold Servant home. And so now it starts. Detroit takes on the Cavaliers and the Knicks take on the Philadelphia seventies six ers. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite up and that's my partners. That is the Liberty City Legend, a six time pro bowler and an All Pro that is Chad O Yo Sinko Johnson. And the seven time NBA All Star from the Atlanta Hawks. That is isold Joe Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you guys for your support and you continue support those look at the Purchase a bottle of shave by Laportier, head over to La Portier Cognac dot com to purchase you a bottle if it's currently unavailable and it's state or city near you. It is a premium vesl p kangnac, the best tasting, smoothest vessel p kgnac on the market. Please drake responsibly and stay safe again. The Cavaliers beat the Raptors one fourteen to one twelve thanks to a twenty two and nineteen game from Jared Allen. The Pistons beat the Magic one sixteen to ninety four. Kay Cunningham thirty two points, twelve assists, two blocks, four to six from the three point line, and he got help from his teammate and co host thirty points, nine rebounds, three steals, five or seven shooting from the three point line from Tobias Harris. As they move on and they take on the Cavaliers on Tuesday night. The Knicks and the seventy six ers.
Speaker 3: Play tomorrow night. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: They play tomorrow night. Yeah, the Spurs of tomorrow night too. Also Spurs play Minnesota tomorrow night. Also, thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. We're back tomorrow after the games.
Speaker 3: Peace yes, contained to the partic