Speaker 1: Welcome in What's Driving the Great Episode three point fifty four. In this episode, as always, of What's Driving the Grid is presented to you by boost Mobile. A ton to do today. I actually fly out of town right after First Things First tonight for an event that I can talk more about when I get back. But it'll be great. I won't miss any podcasts. We'll be back on the air on Tuesday with our regular scheduled pod. And today we have a ton we're gonna get to. I have to help out my buddy Daryl Morey because he is being misaggregated and a bit, and so we will discuss. However, the comments he did make. The comments, he's not being misquoted, but they are being slightly misconstrued. We will get to that. Also, Hall of Fame game tonight, So who are the no doubt Hall of famers playing? When you got to keep in making the NFL Hall of Fame, it's the hardest Hall of Fame to make, and so it's fewer people than you think. And that actually when we do that, that's one that you guys, if you're watching live on YouTube and like, rate, subscribe, review on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, all that stuff. If you're watching live on YouTube, you can help along because we'll go team by team and if you think there is someone that I have overlooked, and we do this once a year, and there's always at least one guy who's a no doubter or that I just like, Forget exists or Forget is still playing and not retired. So you guys can help us create our official list. So we're gonna do all of that. There's some other fun things we're going to do as well. Demand's a great to see you as always. It looks like a new hoodie mate possibly or just one I don't recognize either.
Speaker 2: Great I've worn before, it's just been a while. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, good to see Before we get to the real news of the day, as always, straight to voicemail, brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. The NBA wants to expanded European footprint over the next few years. And I'm not saying that's because they might be dealing with, you know, a different front of a competitive basketball league war and they want to stake out some ground. But they might be also I'm not gonna get to been out of shape over Front Office Sports is Exclusive, which was what we told you guys on Tuesday about that. What I said on TV on Monday and then on this show on Tuesday about the Maverick Lebron Jokers agents meeting, that it was not about Lebron playing for the Nuggets, it was about the league that Maverick is attempting to put together. That's fine, you know what I mean. They got some details in it that I didn't not that I was not, you know, able to share. So there's no issue there. But that is a real thing, and that is something unequivocally to watch. Also, evidently cam Ward Demanse, your guy, called the Titans offense very mid. I've also decided cam Ward's your guy. I just feel like yeah, I just feel like, yeah, I think he's your guy. And evidently Tom Cruise not on a day armists or dating. I love Tom Cruise, I'm not as familiar with on a day armis. Uh. Good for them. I wish them nothing but happiness, all right, Before we get to Darryl Morey's actual comments, what he actually meant, and for the one million time relitigating the bubble, there was a story yesterday that was in the Sports World demonse that I don't want to give myself too much credit, but I think I might be the single best person in the world to discuss this topic, and that was Gilbert A Reenus along with five alleged Israeli gangsters, getting himmed up by the FEDS for running any illegal Southern California poker game. So I am going to be and maybe even take demons off the screen for this because I want to be very careful with what I say here. But I also feel like I have real insight, some of which I can share, some of which I can't. And just people that watch and listen to the pod, you know, I owe you honesty, and I also try to educate as best as I can. So I know Gilbert's already you know, made bail, and I think if you read that again, if you didn't read the story, it is the allegation is very simple that there was a high stakes poker game in southern California at a house Gilbert rented. They took a rake. If people don't know how you know private games work it, you know a rake is the house's cut out of every hand, so it is it is totally legal. If me and everyone involved in this pod came over to our house in New York and we played poker for ten dollars a man, or for ten thousand or a million dollars a man. That's actually totally legal. There is nothing illegal about playing card game with friends or associates for any amount of stakes, as long as you don't take a rake. The moment the house starts taking a cut, it becomes by literal definition, and illegal gambling operation. So that is what they are attempting in theory, to get Gilbert and these five Israeli again alleged gangsters for.
Speaker 2: All. Right.
Speaker 1: Now, the story also probably sounds if you read it a little more sorted, because it's like they're also were you know, women at the games who would be waitresses, plus massuses, and then the allegation heavily implies also sex workers. So here's why I'm talking about any of this illegal private card games with a rake and with potentially some sex workers involved are a dime a dozen. At any given night in New York City, there's at least twenty going on for real money. On any given night in southern California, there's at least thirty going on for real money, and they all fit this exact description. Catered food, a level of you know, for those who that's their thing, potential sex work, real money on the table, and the house taking a big cut. And these are they Also there are a couple app games that where people are raking tens of thousands of dollars a month. Okay, and this is not new, and this is not news. And this also and this is where I would be a little anxious. And I know his latest post made it seem like he is not where I would be a little anxious if I were Gilbert. These are not things the FEDS tend to care about. Now, occasionally these games get shut down by the DEA because security or somebody there is dealing drugs. And occasionally these get shut down because the sex work component gets raises to the level where people are worried about exploitation. But as far as the actual illegal gambling operation, it's not usually something that the FEDS are interested in. So the fact that they were leads me to think there is somebody one of these other you know, alleged code conspirators, or somebody above one of them, that they are hoping to get some information on and so I am here to tell you my call it semi educated opinion is Gilbert's path out of this is going to be an uncomfortable one because I don't think the Feds really want Gilbert Arenas to go to jail for allegedly renting a house and part of where a big card game was playing. I think the Feds probably want to know about the other people involved. That's a tricky spot. And so I saw Gilbert's post today, I'm glad he's out. I also think Gilbert has done a really cool job post career of building a new career and obviously his son who was dealt with some injuries, you know, and some scary stuff. But as a star basketball player, Gilbert seems to have a ton of great stuff going for him. I I do not think this story is anywhere close to being over, and I don't think we can revisit it. They said trial set for September. Wonder if it ever gets to trial. I don't think that this is going to be a simple, oh, all right, slap on the wrist situation, and so I would be I'd be. I'm a little nervous talking about it. But again, there is there's some target from the federal government involved in this. And it ain't no Chill Gill for running a card game allegedly, I promise you that. But they clearly think he can help not the spot you want to be in. So I I will say one other, one other thing, demanse and then all because this obviously was going around all of the you know, gambling groups, you know this story or whatever, and somebody somebody that you know what, I apologize. I'm not going to tell this little anecdote. I'm not going to I'll tell I'll maybe tell you off the air, but it was there were if you were a if you're a well, put it like this. If you're a gambler and you read the people who got arrested, Gilbert wasn't the only name that you were like, oh wow, so they got him? Like there there was, It was there. So it's I just I think there and I also think there's probably some people other than Gilbert that are a little anxious right now in that southern California home game scene. All right, now, let's get to act on more things I'm an expert in, which is Lebron James Championships go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was the five year anniversary of the first game in the Bubble, and it's still a huge debate on its legitimess. Darryl Morris said in quote, everyone I speak to around the league privately agrees that it doesn't truly hold up as a genuine championship. Yes, looking back, how would you measure the Bubble Championship?
Speaker 1: Okay, So first let me help out my pal Daryl, because I was shocked when I read this quote, because Darryl has publicly many times talked about how legit he finds that championship to be and how hard it was. And so when I saw it's one thing for you know, Legion Hoops or whatever, one of these kind of fake aggregators to post a quote to another thing for ESPN their social team to post, you know, end quotes. Everyone I speak to around the league privately agrees that it doesn't truly hold up as a genuine championship, with the source being the Athletic So I'm going to read you. So I reached out to Daryl, and not surprisingly, he explained to me what I thought was going to be the case, which is, while he wasn't misquoted, it is being misinterpreted. So I'll read you the full quote and clarify, and but then I'll also give you my thoughts on what everybody seems to think. All right, Daryl says, quote, had the Rockets won the title, I absolutely would have celebrated it as legit, jitimate, knowing the immense effort and resilience required. Yet everyone I speak to around the league privately agrees that it doesn't truly hold up as a genuine championship. Pause for a moment. The privately agrees is what is tripping people up. He is saying everyone he talks to agrees amongst themselves, Like he is the outlier that says this was an amazing accomplishment, but everybody else says not so much. Where people are saying, and I actually understand why people are confused. They are reading it as everyone privately agrees with me. He's saying, everyone privately agrees with each other, and so just to and again, Darrel is my pal, But I also you know, he deserves to have his actual opinion out there correctly. He then went on say, this lasting legacy the NBA bubble is that the NBA should be proud of its leadership at both the beginning and the end of pandemic, even though the champion will forever be marked by an asterisk. And he again is saying there because that's the way seemingly everyone else feels. And so here is I said to you guys a couple months ago that the vast majority of NBA myths fall into one of two categories. Not all, but the vast majority. Category one is uplifting Michael Jordan, and category two is tearing down Lebron James. And there is no greater example of that than the revisionist history on the Goddog bubble. So here is the accurate timeline of the Los Angeles Lakers winning the twenty twenty NBA Championship. Okay. In twenty eighteen, Lebron James was universally hailed as by a wide margin, the best player in the NBA, dragging a Cleveland Cavalier team to the NBA Finals with a playoff run that had an all time record eight forty point games, two true buzzer beaters, two game seven victories, one of which on the road, and what some consider the single greatest individual performance any players ever had fifty one to eight and eight in game one of the twenty eighteen NBA Finals, where with no other because Kevin Love was not was had gotten banged up the end of the Celtics series with no one around him against Steph kd Clay Draymont. That's who Lebron was in twenty eighteen. In twenty nineteen, he goes to the Los Angeles Lakers, who were in the midst of the worst half decade stretch in the history of their franchise, and is playing a game on Christmas Day when they are a top four as drug that team to a top four seed in the West and suffers the first major injury of his career. But at that moment, there was still no argument and no debate over who the best player in the world was. That offseason, they acquire Anthony Davis and instantly become the best the best team in the league. That Lakers team, pre pandemic, pre bubble prey with ad started the year twenty four and three, was running rough shot over everyone. Lebron James was the leading NBA MVP candidate, and they were the favorite to win the championship pre pandemic. So what we had was the Lakers had the best record in basketball, The Lakers had the best player in basketball. The Lakers had made the biggest trade an acquisition of any team that offseason with respect to what the Clippers had done, and they were the favorites to win the championship. The season then shuts down post shutdown, or right before the shutdown. Yeahs had you know, really gone on an unbelievable run, And the NBA MVP debate came down to two guys, Giannis or Lebron with hardened kind of lurking because Harden had made the Key and Westbrook thing work and that team seemed dangerous. And then we get to the bubble, and there is no home court which penalized two teams more than any which were the two teams that had earned home court advantage Lebron's team and Giannie's team, Lebron's team which won the West by four games, and Janice's team, which won the East by four games. And then the bubble happens, and the playoff bracket is set, and every single potential pitfall or matchup that people are convinced is a bad matchup or the toughest possible path hits the Lakers. We can now pretend it did not happen, but Dame and Portland were the scary team that nobody wanted to face in Round one, and the Lakers drew them with no home court advantage, and after losing Game one, dispatched of them in five. Then the Rockets with the one year Harden and Westbrook worked that Rockets team with James Harden being third and MVP voting that year and Russ the last actual really good season of his career on a at least that involved winning It's Round two. The Lakers get the Rockets and they lose Game one and then dispatch of them in five. And then you get the Denver Nuggets with a healthy Jamal Murray, who would not lose another playoff series with a healthy Jamal Murray four years, and Anthony Davis plays the best basketball of his life, Lebron James in a closeout game goes thirty eight, sixteen, and ten, and they dispatch of the Nuggets in five. And then in the NBA Finals, oh, they get a fluke of a team that definitely wouldn't have made the finals if not for the Bubble, the Miami Heat, who responded by the way to that finals trip by two years later making Game seven of the conference finals, and the year after that making the NBA Finals again, and in those finals, Lebron James plays close to perfect basketball, reminding people once again that he's still the best player in the world when he averaged thirty twelve and nine on fifty nine to forty two splits to finish off a playoff run where again the best player in the world, Lebron James averaged for the postseason twenty eight eleven and nine on fifty six percent from the field. That team won the championship. And then how did they defend their title when the bubble was done? The next season they started twenty one and six. Well they I mean they started actually eleven to three, and they had the best record in basketball or in the Western Conference was maybe the Western Conference or basketball the day Solomon Hill stumbled into Lebron's ankle and he got hurt. So before the pandemic, they were the best team in the league with the best player in the league. During the pandemic, they had home their home court advantage they had earned taken from them and got what people were calling at the time a nightmare path. Damon one Harden and rust In round two, Joker and Jamal Murray in round three and dust them all in five in the finals. People think, oh, they got lucky, they don't have to face Yeah, honest, they don't have to face. I think Toronto was actually the two seed that year. That would have been no problem, and they got this fluke of a team in Miami, except for the fact that Miami a couple of years later beat Milwaukee again and came within a jump shot of going back to the finals, and then the next year did go back to the finals and the best player in the world played peak basketball, and then the next season they start twenty one and six. The idea that the wrong champion was crowned, the idea that that was an easy or fraud or lesser path win. The only basketball, tangible basketball thing that was altered was no one had home court, and so the only tangible damage that was done to any of the teams were the teams that would have had home court throughout, and that was the Los Angeles Lakers. And every single person watching knows that if the Milwaukee Bucks, who were the one seed and had the league MVP, it's like the Lakers, who were the one seed and had the second or the runner up for League MVP. If the Bucks had won that title, there's not a person in the world that would be like fake title. If the I don't even know if the Warriors made the playoffs that year. I don't think they did. Certainly, though, if the Clippers with Kawhi and Paul George instead of absolutely mortifyingly folding against Denver, had won the title, no one be calling it a fake title, because ultimately that discussion is not about how real or fake a title is. That discussion is about dis either dislike or jealousy of Lebron James. And now our chat says seventy nine percent say yes, the Bubble title is legit. Our chat probably skews a little Lebron and Laker fan heavy, but you cannot say that the team with the bat record and the best player in the world with a very difficult path, who again, the team they beat in the conference finals validated their appearance there by winning a championship a couple of years later. The team they beat in the NBA Finals validated their appearance there by making the finals a couple of years later. You cannot argue. And then they validated it themselves by being an awesome team the next year before Bron got hurt. It's just such horseship and deep down everybody knows it.
Speaker 2: What's up to was like horse crap. It's funny, but yeah, I saw it in the rundown last night. You went on the RAMT. But I instantly thought, like, how many of those people that say that it wasn't legitimate just don't like Lebron And it's funny that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's all it is. You can everybody knows. Everybody knows that if the Clippers, who weres everyone's team of the flavor of the month that year and Kawhi had won the title, no one would be saying it doesn't count. And everybody knows if uh Yannis had won the title, because those were the next two favorites. It was Lakers, Bucks, Clippers were the favorites kind of all year, had won the title, no one be saying it didn't count. It's just so stupid, just so.
Speaker 2: Incredibly the calm court advantage, but obviously both ways.
Speaker 1: But it goes both ways, but it hurts the team that's damaged by it is the top seed. Yeah, like that's the and so it just such utter silliness. All right, Uh, nothing says summer like long days, clutch plays and firing off a few bets on the game, all with DraftKings Sportsbook. As the season heats up, so to the bats and DraftKings Sportsbook, as you covered live betting, home run props, odds, boost and more. Whether you're chasing dingers or jumping in mid game, there's always action to be had. If you never bet on baseball before, it's easy pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odds mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best nose. Spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. So right now you can get the Yankees, who I know, I've been playing great lately minus one ten against the Rays. The Yankees are trying to win their third straight after a really tough, gosh month and a half of baseball, trying to get it going. And Cal Raley, you can get him to hit home run at plus two to twenty five against the Rangers. Of course, lines and odds are subject to change. Something special for first timers. New DraftKings customers bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the DraftKings sports book app now and use code right. That's code right for new customers to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight open wire text ope and wy AT four six seven three six nine In Connecticut, help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothilki Cinamin Resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent. Eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward minimum minus five hundred odds required. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. In four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: All right, demonse, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: Preseason is here tonight, starting all for the Hall of Fame game with the Chargers and lines. Trey Lance is going to be starting for LA while you're why you're guys, number five ranked quarterbacks watching from the sideline. Which would you rather discussed Danny Parkins quarterback rating rankings or the game itself.
Speaker 1: Well, there's not much discussed with the game itself except Trey Lance did have If you remember an all time preseason game last year, I think, do you the I'm trying to pull it up real quick, the he gosh, darn it, can say maybe one of the producers can get it for me. The he had a preseason game where I think he had five turnovers and like four hundred yards. It was the the it was yeah, I mean it was the here we go, I've got it right here. Trey Lance played all ninety three Gosh darn it, Trey Lance. I can't. I'm not signing up for the Shreveport Bossier City Advocation. Listen. I do support local news, but I can't pay for the Shreveport Bossier Advocate just to get this Trey Lance info.
Speaker 2: It's twenty three yards, one touchdown, five interceptions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I there we go, Thank you guys. And I also think he had like one hundred yards rushing. He had ninety yards, so he had he had four hundred and thirteen total yards, two touchdowns, five picks played every snap. It was just a Tour de Force game. So that part is actually kind of exciting to see what he does today. But Danny's quarterback rankings are just an abomination, and it just begs the question why why do we play the games if they're not going to count? And again they are. I might be being a little harsh because the rankings are actually Danny's rankings go Mahomes, Alan Burrow, Lamar, Herbert, Stafford, Jaden Goff, Baker, Hurts. So here's the when I say they're an abomination, here's what I mean, Or here's here's what's unfair about that. If he's simply flipped Hurts and Herbert, they're totally legitimate ranking, And that's not I'm not saying that's how I would have it one through ten. But if it went Mahomes, Alan Burrow, Lamar, Hurts, Stafford, Jaden Goff, Baker, Herbert, that's fine, Like there's nothing crazy about that. But having Justin Herbert ahead of Matt Stafford, Jaden Daniels, Jared Goff, Baker, Mayfield, and Jalen Hurts for nothing other than vibes it's just it's just ridiculous. And so now you demons, do you have an issue with people who put Burrow ahead of Lamar? No, I could.
Speaker 2: I could see those. I can flip those on any given day. I feel like so I could pull Lamar before before Brow. I'm also not mad at Burrow being before Lamar.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at Burrow being ahead of Lamar. However, again, my job on this pod is to just be sports. The sports worlds ras ah Ghoul and you know, create balance in the world where there otherwise isn't let me defend Lamar for a moment here. It is unfair in my opinion to penalize Lamar for bad postseason performances and then lift up Joe Burrow, who the last couple of years has had nonexistent postseason performances, you know what I mean. So that is it's a weird because you can't argue as great as Burrow has been was in the regular season last year, a lot of the MVP voters, all pro voters, a lot of people thought Lamar was better. And then obviously the year before Lamar was better in the regular season. Is Burrow was hurt and wasn't that effective early and Lamar won league MVP, and so the knock on Lamar's postseason performances. But Burrow hasn't been in the postseason, So like that one I do think is a little.
Speaker 2: Much of Lamar is my guy and you're ripping into him the other day on Tuesday. But as postseason success, I really can't argue, like that's that's fair. But how much of that stuff is Burrow's fault? How much of that stuff is Lamar's fault? As far as the postseason what happens, Like with Joe Burrow, You're saying he was banged up and then had a terrible defense last year.
Speaker 1: I just think, well, no, That's what I'm saying is yes, those are true factors, but I'm also not going to.
Speaker 2: Use it as a metric like when when ranking them.
Speaker 1: Well, no I I what I'm not gonna do is say after the regular season, Lamar is higher than Burrow, Burrow misses the playoffs, Lamar plays poorly in the playoffs, and then Lamar gets dropped beneath Burrow, like the because you can't, yep, showing up to a test and failing it is still better than skipping the test. Like not showing up and so like you got you got more, you got some questions, right, and so like the and and so that's the so I listen, I don't think having Burrow ahead of Lamar is outrageous, but it's not what I would have And and then it starts getting you know, then we start figuring out where exactly do you have heard? And the Hurts ranking is really interesting. And I tried to make this point on TV yesterday and I did it kind of ham handedly, which is Eagles fans right now. And I get it. They're feeling themselves. You won the chance Super Bowl, you should absolutely be thrilled, But they kind of want the best of both worlds. They want everyone to acknowledge how utterly stacked their roster is, how great, Howie Roseman's done, how good they are, you know, in every way, shape and form. They want all of that, but they also don't want any of us to incorporate any of that into our evaluation of Jalen Hurts. Like they want everyone to bend the knee that they have the best overall roster in football by a mile, but also pretend like we think Jalen Hurts is carrying just a regular team. And so now I think Hurts has been clearly excellent in huge spots, and I think Hurts I think having Hurts ten like Danny did is too you know, a bridge too far. But I also think that it is you view it differently than if Josh Allen had won the Super Bowl last year with the team he had, Jalen winning it last year with the team he had. I just think there is some nuance there. Eagles fans, on the other hand, won us all to be like, you have the greatest roster in the league. It's Sakwan's a Hall of famer. How he drafts better than everyone, the best wide receiver duo, the best offensive line. And I'll also Jalen Hurts got no help, like, which is the you're not gonna You're not gonna get that? All right, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: Speak. Wait, where are you gonna be bettering on the game?
Speaker 1: First off, No, I'm not betting on the Hall of Fame game. I will be betting on football this year, obviously, but I'm not betting on the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 2: Oh but yeah, speaking of the Hall of Fame game, are there any sure fire Hall of famers she would like to play your flag on right now.
Speaker 1: So this is something we do every year and so and if the producers could just kind of create a running list in the dock and if we can, and if the if anyone in the chat thinks I'm leaving somebody out, tell me because like I'll give you an example, like I could. I'm not going to now because I mentioned it, but I could forget that Von Miller is now on Washington and Von Miller is a short you know what I mean. But we'll just go team by team and try to do this. The Buffalo Bills, the Bills have zero sure fire Hall of Famers on defense and one and one only sure fire Hall of Famer on offense, and that's Josh Allen. And Josh was not a sure fire Hall of Famer prior to last year, but the unbelievable stats that now go along with a regular season MVP that puts him their hands down. Hands downs maybe wrong, but he's a Hall of Famer. So we're at one for the Buffalo Bills. The Miami Dolphins have one sure fire Hall of Famer and that's Tyreek Kill. There is I think that ooh, this is interesting. This is interesting toa No too is not in two is not even anywhere close. No. I was thinking Minca MinC, but Minca Fitzpatrick is definitely not sure fire. And the the and let me just do something because the Dusty, if you're watching the First Things First Production Room, just tell Brew I'll talk to him about the Maury Lebron's story. We should do it. Even though Darryl's slightly misquoted there. I'm getting a thousand texts on this group thread about everybody arguing about this because I I can't chime in because I'm doing this. Minca is Minca has had a very nice career and he's a three time All Pro, so he has a chance, but he's not sure fire. Tyreek is sure fire, and there is no one else on the Dolphins that is anywhere close to it. All right, the Patriots, the Patriots have no one right like definitely right now, there's certainly no one on their offense and there is certainly no one on their defense. Now. Part of that's because the team's so young, so like that's not as you know, that's not a not to say the team has no talent or anything. But again, the exercise we're doing right now, is if they were to retire, are they in the Hall of Fame? Basically? And the Jets are in a similar spot. So in the AFC East, the shore Fire, active Hall of famers are Josh Allen and Tyreek Kill the AFC North right now, the Cincinnati Bengals have zero. Now, jamar Is and Joe are on Hall of Fame trajectories, but they are not anywhere close to having established it, you know what I mean? Does that make sense? Like if they Jamar's got to do this for another five years, Joe has to do this for at least another four years plus get some type of He either has.
Speaker 2: To or if he just won a Super Bowl like next year.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna say, right, he either has to like clip an MVP, win a Super Bowl or just another like six years of these awesome numbers like one one or the other. So the Bengals have none. The Browns have one in Miles Garrett obviously, no one on offense. Sorry, Joe Flacco, you're not getting a look. He did win a Super Bowl and has a lot like big numbers, but he's not He's not there. Denzel Ward, not close, but Miles Garrett is already in. Miles Garrett, No, I said Flacco. Flacco's not gonna make it. He won the Super Bowl and he won the Super Bowl MVP, and he does have big counting stats. He's not making it. Miles Garrett, six time All Pro, over one hundred career sacks, a Defensive Player of the Year. He's obviously in the Steelers amazingly, Demons, I think you have maybe four. So the Steelers have as sure fire Hall of famers A Rogers and TJ. Watt. Those guys are locked, right Jalen Ramsey, who is on the Steelers now, I believe he is locked. And then Cam Hayward, five time All Pro, seven time Pro Bowler, A Walter Peyton Man of the Year. I think he's getting in. So that is four future Hall of Famers on the Steelers, which is kind of crazy. Yeah, and are we the I mean it. So he's getting in. And then the Ravens. The Ravens have right now they have two with a couple guys who could get there or no, I'm sorry, I apologize. The Ravens have three with a couple guys who could get there. Lamar is locked Henry. Derrick Henry is locked and DeAndre Hopkins is going to get there. So and then the guys who could but have a long way to go, Kyle Hamilton and Roquan Smith, but those are they have three locks, and Lamar Henry and Hopkins. All right, the Titans have nobody the there's not like an old player on that team that I'm forgetting. The nine Jeffreys. Jeffrey Simmons has a chance, but you know he's got a ways to go. So the Titans where he were done with easily. The Colts, I feel like Quinton Nelson is getting in. Let me check his accolades. Quenton Nelson, five time All Pro, seven time Pro bowler. He's in. So the Colts do have one. Shout out Quinton Nelson. Jonathan Stewart's not gonna make it. DeForest Buckner is an underdog to make it, but they've got one in Quinton Nelson. The Jags have none, right, there's no one on the Jags I'm forgetting. Nope. And then the Texans, as far as guys that are already, they've already done enough. No one on offense, Joe Mixon's not made it. Nick Chubb's not making it, and their defensive players are too young. Chauncey Gardner, Johnson's not making it. Stingley and Will Anderson, you know you've got miles to go. Danell Hunter is not quite that caliber. All right, Now to the AFC West and then we'll do We'll see where we're at on the whole AFC. The Broncos again, I think that Pat s or Tan is building quite the resume, but it's too early, and certainly no one on their offense is has done anything close to enough yet. So the Broncos are out. The Chargers have no one on the offense, and defensively, Khalil Mack, I think he's in. Khalil Mack. Let me look at the career five time All Pro, nine time Pro Bowl, all decades. Yeah, one hundred and eight sacks defensive player er Khalil Max in Derwin James. As much as I like him, I don't think he's in yet. Uh So, four time All Pro, four time Pro Bowler, he probably needs a little bit more. The Raiders are true. The Raiders no one on offense obviously, and Max hasn't done enough yet. Max is creating a Hall of fame resume, but he hasn't done enough yet. And then the chiefs. Mahomes is locked, Kelsey is locked, and Chris Jones is locked. And that's the list. So in the AFC, the following players are in the Hall of Fame. Josh Allen, Tyreek Kill, Miles Garrett, TJ. Watt, Jalen Ramsey, Cam Hayward, Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry, DeAndre Hopkins, Quenton Nelson, Khalil Mack, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelcey, Chris Jones. How many guys is that five? Fiften? It's fifteen, I think, So we've got fifteen with again, you know, Morgan Minka is probably not making it. And then Burrow Chase I would imagine make it, but we can't call him locks yet. Kyle Hamilton, Roquant Smith, Patzer, Tanderwin, James, Max Crossby. But fifteen locks. And this speaks to why making the Hall of Fame is so difficult in this league. So these guys are going to retire the you know, a couple of year coming up, and the only let five in and then guys who are waiting. It's not five new spots, it's like two new spots it's really hard. All right, Let's go to the NFC. The as Cowboys that are Lock Hall of famers. Right now, it's none. Dak is not gonna make it, and Micah is a great bet to make it, but is too young, you know what I mean. Like, there's nobody from MICA's same draft classes. Jamar Chase, he's in the exact same boat where you think that he has a really good chance to do it, but is the you know, and oh and Zach Martin's you know, their offensive line hall of famers are gone now. The Giants, I I don't think Russell's gonna make it. Dexter Lawrence needs to do a lot more, as is Brian Burns. I think Russell Wilson right now is on the outside looking in. The Eagles are really interesting because right now, Demons, the Eagles only have one absolute Lock Hall of Famer in Lane Johnson. Their right tackle, Sequon is on track now, but needs a little bit more, you know what I mean, Like just because he hasn't had enough great seasons. Aj Brown I think is on track, and Jalen Hurts is on track. He's at he has an all Pro season, he has been to two super Bowls, he's won one. But the only guy on the Eagles that could retire today and get and be certain they're getting in is Lane Johnson and the Commanders. We already said von Miller, and that's the only guy. Von Miller is a Hall of Famer. Oh no, that's not the only guy. I almost screwed that up. Bobby Wagner's definitely making it. They're inside linebacker Bobby Wagner's there's no question he's making it. So they're older guys and they're on their defense. But the Commanders have two. So uh and I again, I am I'm not. I'm only saying guys that so that the only guy that I've said is a lock that I actually think might not na he Walter Pittman of The europe Carrier and Cam Heyward again, you gotta be very choosy with the locks. Friend of the show and host of I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him on this. I think the best daily NFL podcast there is, NFL Daily. Greg Rosenthal chimes in, Russell Wilson makes the Hall of Fame eventually, but not a Lock. Maybe I think he might need one more little push, all right, so let's keep going. I just, I just he was on a great Hall of Fame trajectory post Seattle, but it's gone so badly for him since then. All Right, the Chicago Bears, I think Joe Toney is now in. Joe Tooney, who has what does he have? Three super bowls.
Speaker 2: For?
Speaker 1: No? Four super Bowls? Four all pros. I think Joe Tooney is in, and I don't think anyone else on that team is a lock. I mean, obviously Caleb's gonna make it, but probably too early to call the lock. The Lions, that's an interesting one. Do the Lions have a single Lock Hall of Famer on the team? The answer to that question is no. As good as they are now, part of that's because they're so young, Like on the defensive side of the ball, they're so young, but and really on often I mean that they're.
Speaker 2: A younger team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would bet a lot of money that Panay Sewell eventually makes it. They're right tackle. But he again, he's in the same boat as Micah and Jamar, which is you just haven't done enough yet. The Packers, I'm quite certain have no have nobody. I mean, they're like Kenny Clark's been there forever. He's not a Hall of Fame level player. Xavier McKinney's really good, he's not a Hall of Fame level player. Yeah, so the Packers have nobody that is a Hall of Fame lock, the vite man. This is tough. I would Justin Jefferson is going to make the Hall of Fame, but he has he probably needs to be a lock for it. He probably needs two more years. I mean, he's a he's four time All Pro, four time Pro bowler, and an Offensive Player of the Year. It's close, but if you were to walk today, he's not in yet. But he is as we can put him in heavy ink. But I'm not gonna include him on the list yet just because he hasn't played quite long enough. Jonathan Allen's not a Hall of Famer, so the Vikings don't have anyone. It's interesting right now, it seems like how many more? Yeah, so much of it demonte is because good teams are young, you know what I mean, Like they're not the Falcons. Jake Matthews is not a Hall of He's been there forever, but he's not a Hall of Famer. And you know, quality player forever not a Hall of Famer, and they obviously have no one on defense, unless I'm forgetting Jesse Bates is building a resume, but he's not there yet. So the Falcons have nobody. The Saints have one who's going to be a Hall of Famer in Cam Jordan, I mean Cam Jordan. His sack numbers are insane, like the It's really interesting because he's never had like a twenty sax season. In fact, I don't even know if he's ever had a sixteen sax season. But he's got one hundred and twenty one sacks. He's making the Hall of Fame, and do Mario Davis is not, and that's obviously nobody on that. Alvin Kamara, yeah, I don't think he's I don't think he's there. I think he is in the same boat sadly that my guy Jamal Charles is gonna be in awesome, but not quite there. And Harrison Smith, who Paul mentions two time All Pro, six Pro Bowls, is nice. Don't think he gets in. It's too hard. It's too hard man, all right. For the Bucks, I the Bucks have one one guy who at this point is a lock in Mike Evans and no one else. Oh, Levante David Is he gonna three time All Pro? No, it's a great player, can't call it. Mike. Mike Evans is the one lock the Bucks have and the Panthers without looking I feel confident in saying the Panthers have nobody. So I mean Adam feeling very nice career, obviously not a Hall of Famer, and yeah, the Panthers have nobody. All right, Ram, this is an interesting one. I don't think Stafford is a lock, which means the Rams don't have any luck. Oh, sorry, DeVante Adams is a lock. Davante's getting in, but Stafford again Stafford. Stafford versus Russ is gonna end up being an interesting one that gets debated. But I don't think Stafford's a lock. I think he will get in, but I would not bet my net worth on it. The Cardinals do they have anybody the Oh Kalayas Campbell. Gosh, I can't believe he's still in the league. He was in the eight draft class. So kalay Is Campbell one hundred and ten sacks, two time All Pro, but six time Pro Bowl and All Decade and a Walter Payton man of the Year. He's getting in. Clay Is Campbell call him a lock. And now we're down to two teams. The Seahawks Cooper Cups not a Hall of Famer. They DeMarcus Lawrence is not a Hall of Famer. The Seahawks have nobody. And the forty nine Ers, who you know, lost a lot of their kind of veteran guys. I think the forty nine ers only have two locks. Well, no, they know they probably have three. Trent Williams is a definitive lock, Fred Warner a definitive lock, and George Kittle's a lock. George Kittle's five time All Pro. So Trent, Warner and Kittle are locks. Nick Bosa has a chance and that's the end of it. So oh, I'm sorry. Christian McCaffrey obviously has a chance, but he's not in yet. Two you know he had it's just doesn't have enough healthy seasons. So here's what we've got in the NFC, Lane Johnson, Von Miller, Bobby Wagner, Joe Tooney, cam Jordan Mike Evans, DeVante Adams, Kaleis Campbell, Trent Williams, Fred Warner, George Kittle. In the AFC, Josh Allen, Tyree Hill, Miles Garrett, TJ. Watt, Jalen Ramsey, Cam Hayward, Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry, DeAndre Hopkins, Quenton Nelson, Khalil mcpatrick, Holmes, Travis Kelce, Chris Jones. So that means we have right now, you know, twenty five to thirty lock Hall of Famers. Justin Jefferson who is going to make it, Jamar Chase who I would be shocked if he doesn't make it. You know, Micah, Saquon Burrow are all in Root, Piney Sewell is in Root. C mc needs one more great year, but it is it's just hard to make. Man, if you're waiting and you see these guys retiring, like, it's just hard to make the Hall of Fame. I hope that was interesting for the audience. I find it interesting. I love doing that. But in might.
Speaker 2: That you or was as I can?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I mean I kind of meant the I consider Justin Jefferson and Micah and those guys young guys, but guys like super young guys. No, the Hall of Fame's hard. Non Jaden, no, Jade Listen. Jaden had an amazing first year Jamior Gibbs is an interesting one. Hard as a running back. This is a message applies to ninety nine percent of you listening right now, because that's how many of you can be covered by fast and reliable service on the Boost Mobile network with ninety nine percent nationwide coverage. And if you don't think you deserve a deal, listen up. You got another thing coming right now, and you switch to Boost Mobile, you can get iPhone fifteen with dynamic island and a forty eight megapixel main camera for ninety nine ninety nine. That's ninety nine dollars and ninety nine cents for iPhone fifteen on a nationwide five G network. This may only apply to ninety nine percent of you, but I'm one hundred percent positive Boost Mobile just gave all of us a really freaking good deal in store offer thirty five dollars. Device setup fee may apply, requires credit qualification, ID verification and activation on six hour playing taxes. Extra five G speeds not available in all areas. My goodness, gracious, sorry about the siren outside my window. I don't know what's going on here. I mean, I think this is what's happening. I think there is a fire. Truck trying to get down the street. Someone's double parked. That's what I think is going on. I don't know what to do about it. It seems hold on. Let me look out.
Speaker 2: Out there until the podcast is going on right now? Many I see there we go?
Speaker 1: The yeah, there we go?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Should I do that? Boost Mobile? Read again? I feel like I should. This is a message applies nine nine percent of you listening right now, because that's how many of you can be covered by fast, reliable service on the boost Mobile network with nationwide coverage. If you don't think you deserve a deal, listen up, you got another thing coming right now. When you switch to boost Mobile, you can get iPhone fifteen with Dynamic Island and a forty eight megapixel main camera for ninety nine ninety nine. That's ninety nine dollars and ninety nine cents for iPhone fifteen on a nationwide five G network. This may only apply to ninety nine percent of you, but I'm one hundred percent positive. Boost Mobile just gave all of us a really freaking good deal in store off for thirty five dolars. Device set up fee may apply, requires credit qualification, ID verification and activation on sixty dollars, plans, taxes, extra five G speeds not available in all areas. All right, the monse, Let's jump down to the Shadoor conversation quickly here, because we spent so much time on the uh, the Hall of Fame stuff, we're not gonna be able to get to every single thing.
Speaker 2: So Brown's owner Jimmy Haslim has distanced himself from the Shador Sanders pick, saying that the GM was the one who made that call and not him, So why would he wants stake on such a low risk, high reward situation?
Speaker 1: So listen, I think he is just trying to I don't think he's trying to distance himself as much as what he's trying to do is make it clear or at least clean up a bit. No, the GM's in charge, not me. Here is what I find so interesting about the Chador situation right now. I was not a Shadoor guy. I was one of I think the first people in the mock draft community that had Shador early in the process, slipping to the back half of round one, talking about that the Steelers might not need to trade up if they need to get him. I talked a lot about how I thought there was too much discussion about Shador's personality and not enough discussion about his lack of arm talent, and I just didn't look at him as like a blue chip prospect. So I was not a Shatore guy. And now the however, because of where he is and the quarterbacks that he is competing with, I find myself feeling like they've got to start him at some point. Because here's the deal. Kenny Pickett is injured and not an NFL quarterback. There is there is a zero percent chance Kenny Pickett is the Steeler's answer at quarterback. Zero percent. The Steelers, pardon me, there is a zero percent chance he wasn't The Steelers answer that Kenny Pickett is the Browns answer at quarterback, so cross him out. Joe Flacco is forty years old. There is a zero percent chance Joe Flacco is their long term answer at quarterback, so cross him out. Dylan Gabriel, sorry, and you're not gonna like this, demase, he's too small. There is a zero percent chance Dylan Gabriel can be a nice backup, maybe a spot starter. There is a zero percent chance Dylan Gabriel is the Browns franchise quarterback three years from now, Shadoor, there is a five percent chance Shador is the Browns franchise quarterback. Got more than one, less than ten somewhere in there, when the other three guys are a combined zero percent, and you're gonna be a terrible team. The moment you know you can start Flacco to start the year, but the moment that the year has gotten away from you, you gotta play Shador. And that's the other weird thing. Haslam was like Andrew picks the players, Stefanski sets the rock, you know, decide two plays, but then also said in that same SoundBite, obviously, both young guys need to play this year. I mean, Haslm's not the greatest, Donar just just flat like.
Speaker 2: Both of them just saying that this year is like a waste.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, it seems like both young quarterbacks need to play this year. You kind of have an idea of what your.
Speaker 1: Season torect correct because they have two first round picks next year and they yeah, I mean, Haslam's a tough guy to work for. All Right. It's July thirty, first Demond, which means we're you know, obviously a day away from August, and you know what August means. It means it's US Open season. And I am so excited to go to the US Open. I don't know three days, four days, seven days. I might, which is why I want to give it the sponsor of today's video and show a huge shout out, and that is seat Geek. With over twenty eight million download, seat geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on seat geek, including concerts, sports, festivals, and so much more. Right now, you can get tickets the NFL season right around the corner. Hell, if you're in Canton, get tickets to the Hall of Fame game tonight. MLB's in full swing, and the US Open Men's and Women's tennis. Nice little grounds pass for early in the early in the week, go sit down Court seventeen, watch the seventeenth ranked player in the world up close and personal. Get in for almost nothing Dan. Later in the week, get you good seats Ash or maybe Louis Armstrong again. You guys know what I do when it's US Open time. I drive to my secret parking spot in Flushing, set my car there once again. For five straight years, no one's ever taken my spots. I'm walking over to the As I'm walking over to Arthur Ash, I open up seat Geek and I buy my tickets for the day. And it's that easy. You guys know what the system they have. Each ticket's rated on scale of one to ten. You know you're getting a good deal. Look for the big green dots. Green means good, red means it's a bad deal. Every ticket backed by their buyer guarantee. So listen. You can use code code write ten wright ten for ten percent off your next set of tickets at seat Geek. That's ten percent off any tickets with promo code right ten. Make sure you click the link in the description, download the app, and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Thank you, Seat Geek. I'm excited, Demonse, you know a Yannick Center fans got very mad at me for my centers. Now on the level of Alcoraz take that went like viral and Italian Twitter. It really did exactly right. But I'm excited to hopefully watch Alcarez in Center at the US Open this year. Thanks to my friends at sea eekon while I'm out there. By the way, here's the thing. Love going to the US Open. But it does get hot. And if there's one thing should mess around this summer, especially at the US Open, it's your deodorant. Mando Deodorant and Sweat Control is built for this season. In particular, it has been absolutely unbearably hot in New York lately, and it blocks odoor all day in controls sweat too, whether you're grilling in the ninety degree weather, heading to a baseball game at the US Open, going for a run, whatever it is, Mando keeps you fresh and dry, one of the worst feelings in the world. So you live in New York, take the subway, you get off, you walk into work, You showered an hour ago, doesn't matter. You smell with Mando, you have zero concerns because you know you'll smell great and will last all day. Mando's Starter Pack is perfect for new customers. It comes with the solid stick deodorant, cream tube deodorant, two free products of your choice like minibody wash and deodorant wipes, and free shipping. As a special offer for listeners, New customers get twenty percent off site wide with our exclusive code. Use code right at Shopmando dot com for twenty percent off site wide and free shipping. If you miss it the first time, let me tell you once more. Special offer for listeners. New customers get twenty percent off sitewide with our exclusive code. Use code right at Shopmando dot com for twenty percent off site wide plus free shipping. That's shop m ado dot com. Please support our show. Tell them we sent you. Mando's got you covered. Protect your pits. Smell grate doing it all right, demanse. Appreciate everybody watching listening today. Please like, rate, subscribe, review. I have to get to work. This was a longer show than expected. And then I am do you have Do you have big plans this weekend? Buddy? Just out of curiosity? You got anything going on? Just watching the eggs?
Speaker 2: Nothing huge? Yeah, one hundred percent. Probably will be stopping myself from opening the incubator.
Speaker 1: Okay, well again, my I'm on a semi secret mission. I'll tell you guys about it on Tuesday. See how it goes. But the same invite I extended to you three months ago exists again, So just let me know the same thing I leave tonight. I leave tonight and I stay until I fly overnight Sunday night Monday morning, so it's over again.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so just yeah, just let me ask me here go Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, maybe all right? Might be in business, might be in business?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Reminder like great, subscribe review to the pod, thank you to Blue Duck, thank you to Volume, thank you to boost de Mando, to Seat Geek, and to DraftKings of course, and apologies for the siren outside. Hopefully that was not my car that's waiting on me, that was blocking the fire truck. I don't think it was. I think you would have moved, but I'm about to go find out. I'll see you guys later. What's right,