Speaker 1: Yo, my friend got pants in front of the whole class, bro, And that was middle school viral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not even like like just in short.
Speaker 1: It's like not even his underwear came down, but like everyone saw his like underwear, and I remember he was like stressed the fuck out for years after that. That's yeah, it like fractured a friendship. Like he was such a fucking betrayal. He's like, Bro, you pants me in front of everybody in sixth grade?
Speaker 2: Like, this is fucked up. Some kids I didn't even know did that to me. I didn't even have a fraction. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Now let's find them, bro. I'll be like, oh, you're a tough guy.
Speaker 2: Huh. They're like, what man a tough guy?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just trying to sell some beat Like honey, here at the farmers market.
Speaker 2: You remember Justin, Bro, You remember Justin?
Speaker 3: My man?
Speaker 2: What superducer Justin sends his regards? Hey, honey, I don't know this man. Oh God, I want to past strangers. You want to past strangers? Are you strangling it? Yeah? Put In I'm putting in my mind.
Speaker 1: He works a farmer's market. Be tent, honey Bee tent, and I'm choking him out in front of everybody at the farmer's market and they're aghast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then next please, he's not so tough now, is he? Folks was tough? That's so fucked up? What are you doing? Like he passed my friend about twenty years ago. We don't forget that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm too afraid not to tell you to do it, to tell you not to do it. You know, do you think?
Speaker 3: Do you think Doug I.
Speaker 1: Got Look, I'm feelings, Yeah, I just I just come in out of the shadows, like remember me. He's getting Yeah, once I got him locked up.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, come on, bro, this all you know? That's all you motherfuck.
Speaker 3: His eyes aren't even open.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there trying to talk. Shit. He's a sweep tough Wow. You do the thing?
Speaker 5: You kiss your fingertip on his lips over at each eye. Oh my god, Go see Morpheus, Go see Morphia.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three forty eight, Episode three of Daily's Ice production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into American shared consciousness. And it is Wednesday, July twenty fourth, twenty twenty four, seven two four two four.
Speaker 1: Oh seven two big two four to two four to you. It's National Thermal engine shout out all the thermal engineers, bro, because it's your day, you know what I mean. Also National drive Through Day, a shout out for people who like to drive to shoutout people work in the drive through. National Amelia Airhard Day.
Speaker 2: Shoutout Jill she she had a little park by my house in North Hollywood. National Tequila Day.
Speaker 1: And also shout out all the cousins because it's National Cousins Day.
Speaker 2: Cousin all right, those that's a good mixture. I like it. It's not just like three foods like it has been fairly recently. Yeah, shout out my cousin that La Austin, Brandy Cameron. Yeah, shut out DJ Daniel about forty five other people. Wow, big strong Catholic family. Huh, big strong Catholic. My dad's one of eight, my mom's one of five. So we are out here. Wait is it? Do you even? Can you even remember all your cousins? I mean, yeah, it's it's can Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that's impossible. That's too many kids, fuck that.
Speaker 2: But it's like hard to remember, like to remember all their kids and you know all the who everybody is. That's a family reading it. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien AKA, it ain't no lie baby, Bye bye bye bye Dan. That is courtesy of hand Sandwich on the Discord. I don't like it quite as much as hand sandwich, but I'll take a hand sandwich. Yeah, and that's because Joe Biden's gone, He's out of here. Maybe he's gone and he's don the I shouldn't say that because that could be true, but that is a Republicans through Republican conspiracy theory that he's going to be David or weekends at Bernie's. M We'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll see, man, this maybe's taking money on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 6: Grass, Greg K. Joe's out, Joe's out, Joe's out. I tried drying clock faces. Look fat for God, Lloyd Dustin just know he's black. I'm so sleepy. Listen up up, Jack, so much money.
Speaker 7: Donor stop that got a presidential ticket without Bidens in it. Come on, Jael, come get your man's cousin's mock Bass said it who that girl that guy endorsed. Now that Biden is, Kamala has got.
Speaker 2: A lot to improve.
Speaker 7: Coconut crew running the prove, locked up fool while I'm hiring a.
Speaker 1: Snooz shit Wow, Christy, I'magucci ludicrous rollout anyway, lot to improve coconut crew, right, locked up fools while higher than snoop was the last part very true.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he came close and it was well done.
Speaker 1: Coconut Gang, Rise up, Coconut.
Speaker 2: Gang, the coconut meme, coconut pilled gang out here. There's a lot of energy, a lot of energy for Kamala. I think people were just you know, the the Joe thing was was a real weight, real wet blanket on everybody's energy for defeating Trump.
Speaker 1: But we still got two enemies to defeat. It's racism and misogyny on the way to the White House. If this is gonna happen, I think that's a huge That's the part that freaks me out the most.
Speaker 2: You're white women didn't even come out for Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 1: White women didn't come out for Hillary Clinton, no mean to vote for real. That was like a huge That was a huge gap in the voting, Like the support that, a lot of expectations, yeah, yeah, yeah, and a lot of people are.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, A lot of fingers are pointed to a lot of other places at that time for her defeat in twenty sixteen. Come on, white women, Come on, white women, you can do that. We are thrilled Miles to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant and talented writer, podcaster, producer who's written for publications like The New York Times, The New Yorker, was a producer on Everybody's In La, one of my favorite shows of the last year. Co host of the legendary podcast Girls in Hoodies and Night Call, writer, creator host of the wonderful Heidi World, The Heidi Fly Story, and soon to be writer creator host of the legendary podcast Jenner World. Please welcome back to the show. It's Molly Wamber.
Speaker 3: I was going to do I can't top Miles for the song a ka.
Speaker 2: Ghost Riders. You know, I'm I'm coming out with it.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of one, and then I was just like, Nope.
Speaker 2: Don't you think Drake has ever approached Christy Amagucci Man to ghost write a song for him? I feel like he should.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not gonna put him on the spot, but I'm gonna let us know on that, and I should say a lot yeah, because he might think I don't. I'm pretty sure he wrote hell. Yeah, fucking right, Hi Christ, he created Yola.
Speaker 2: He started that whole thing. Molly, how are you doing good? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, got my air conditioning on, so I'm doing amazing.
Speaker 2: There is.
Speaker 8: That he's gonna break.
Speaker 3: It's a scorcher.
Speaker 2: It's a scorch or folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're consistently in some version of hell. And it's wild because it doesn't get like you can't open your windows and get that effective night chill until it doesn't hit to like four am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been it's been hot late and it's been humid. Yeah, very not that it's humid compared to anywhere else in the world where it is actually humid.
Speaker 2: Yes, but for l a Yeah, gotten more humid percent humidity out.
Speaker 3: It's gotten more tropical. No, it's it's like it's like fifty percent. You can feel it.
Speaker 2: When you open your mouth. The sweat doesn't or the spit doesn't just immediately dry out of your mouth. It's fucking crazy. Oh you got more spit in there from the I.
Speaker 3: Can tell how humid it is by how big my hair gets.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I've been having some big hair. I actually just got a haircut yesterday because it was getting too big. And it must be nice. Your hair got too big? Huh too big? Got that big hair? I do? I mean I tease it out every morning.
Speaker 3: You had long hair?
Speaker 2: I have? Yeah, how long?
Speaker 1: Like damn to like here probably, I mean it was just like, oh, it was just you know, it's like I'm not cutting my hair college hairstyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I just didn't cut my hair for like a year, and it was it was pretty long.
Speaker 3: Does it get like kind of like can you like swish it back and forth?
Speaker 2: You have commercial hair, it's like frizzy. It had some it was not it was not shampoo college.
Speaker 3: You grow it back out, Howard Stern era.
Speaker 2: Back like. I'm always every time I see like someone my age or older with long hair, I'm always like, nah.
Speaker 1: It only works like once you're like an old dude, because like an old guy with a balding ptail, that's a strong look Like that's a great, yeah.
Speaker 3: Great look like a farmerce market old guy. Yeah yeah, I feel like you could do like braids Willie Nelson braids.
Speaker 2: Just wow. I mean, hell yeah, I could. Noticing that a little more in I've been trying to get that energy out as much as possible.
Speaker 1: You're like, honey, they said it, they said I should. Frankly said I should do the braids. Yeah, Miles agreed.
Speaker 8: So I'm doing it podcast that I had to the streets that I had to, they demanded, the Zei Gang insisted, you've been out voted, babe. All Right, Molly, we are going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things. We're talking about the JD vance backlash.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, does it. Do you need to have a like a period of like approval and enthusiasm before there's a backlash there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the honey Yeah, I mean there was always a honeymoon period, and there was there was.
Speaker 2: Yeah the week, Yeah, on the week. They were pretty excited about that. Anyways, not just a shitty name, he's also a shitty candidate turned and I feel like just his energy is being a little bit more, coming a little bit more into focus. How he fits with Trump, in this new race is coming a little bit more into focus, so we'll talk about that. We will talk about some early efforts on the part of the Trump campaign, like what their dossier on Kamala Harris looks like, like some of that they just sent out some bullet points of like all right, here's how we get their ass. And we'll talk about coffee badging. We see you Amazon workers. Nice try you're not getting this one past, Uncle Jeff. Oh yeah, coffee badging. Love these like made up fucking terms. Yeah, it's like quiet quitting. What was the latest one?
Speaker 1: Now my job, that's what it's called. It's not like that's what and that's a time honored tradition that everyone engages in.
Speaker 2: But I like that. It's like the new thing is coffee badging. It's no.
Speaker 1: The thing that it always been is put in the least amount of effort as possible.
Speaker 2: The HR writer's room has been working over time to brainstorm these names for people just like not wanting to be in the office.
Speaker 3: What is coffee badging means you're.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it.
Speaker 3: So people, we can get to it.
Speaker 2: I mean we can or I can tell you right now that it's ok.
Speaker 3: Tell me right now.
Speaker 2: When people come to the office, they have to swipe in and out at Amazon because you know that Uncle Jeff wants to know where you are at all times. And you just swipe in, have a cup of coffee, and then go home because you're technically supposed to be in three days a week. But people were just coming in for a cup of coffee three days a week, but not staying that long. Okay, So working, yes, doing work, doing That's what people have been doing since the nineteen forties. And that wasn't a big deal back then because you didn't get tracked like a fucking tagged animal back then. But anyways, we'll talk about people. I used to wear hats people, and that is true. People used to wear hats in this goddamn.
Speaker 3: Country, to wear a damn hat.
Speaker 2: On every corner, singing around the.
Speaker 3: Call them doop in that time, Miles.
Speaker 2: That is my favorite line from any nineties movie is a Boy's Life with is that the one with Kenojo and robertson Arrow where he's like it was the fifties, there was a duop group on every corner. There wasn't there was talking about that. There was dude, you don't know shoes corner, Yeah, and they just had sing offs. You come into our turf, you're gonna have to harmonize anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, in fact, bring it back, bring it back, bring all right, anyone cast on every corner.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's what really they're going to say. He was twenty twenty four. Everybody had a fucking podcast.
Speaker 3: Well, I wish you could see Miles's face because you just became Robert Tiro.
Speaker 2: You just have to squinch your eyes.
Speaker 3: Really, you look exactly like Robert, right, or every.
Speaker 2: Guy has everyone else like it just looks like your face.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, gender inclusive, I've got one too.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really good. He's going to look like you're having a terrible time sitting on the toilet and you have a Robert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like your eyes real small and your mouth kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you fucked my wife?
Speaker 3: My wife?
Speaker 2: You fuck my wife? Okay?
Speaker 3: All right, anyway you're talking to me.
Speaker 2: You fucked my wife? Why not? All right, I'm Robert, that's what he says. So that's taxi driver. He's saying that in the mirror, do you fuck my did you fuck my wife? Right? That's I have that all right? Anyway. No, he says it to Greg Focker and uh, meet the parents. That's right. Anyways, seemed to say it. He said it to Greg, did you fuck my wife? No, that's raging.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just mixing up the you got me with that humor joke.
Speaker 3: Man, I got nipples.
Speaker 2: Focker I got and his name was Geppetto. Yeah, that's what I remember the name of the Jodie Foster's character at the end. That's right, that's right, ever I got he said it his most iconic role obviously. All right, all of that plenty more First, Molly, we do like to ask you, our guest, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are.
Speaker 3: I was thinking to be funny if I just came back on and talked about Genesis the whole time again.
Speaker 2: Your last time on. He showed us an incredible un the night tonight. Tonight.
Speaker 3: I was like, I justould just call oh and be like, guys, I'll watch a different Genesis video. You guys like Land of Confusion with the Weird Puppets.
Speaker 2: Oh, those I remember that. Those videos always like indexed really well on the You guys are probably too young to remember MTV used to do like the Top hundred, Like when it was a holiday, they would like count down the top hundred videos of all time. Yeah, and Genesis videos with like their weird special effects would always do pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah that gel those puppets. I remember being so fucking weirded out by those puppets.
Speaker 3: That was a real That was a British TV show where they just do that all the time. It's like a British caricature face political parody show. Yeah, with these fucking terrifying puppets.
Speaker 1: It's just the exactly like the way his face was exaggerated.
Speaker 2: It looks like a like a pumpkin. Like where this I don't know, Yeah, this is the.
Speaker 9: World were some Genesis is very body jack get with the time.
Speaker 3: Everybody talking about.
Speaker 2: Talking about Genesis. So what is in your search history that is in Genesis?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well I was looking up things to eat that you don't have to cook anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got we get jelly sandwich. It's so hot, I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to turn my oven on even a little bit.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: When I looked up all these things, a lot of like salads, which has salads are really good on hot and then I made soup like an idiot.
Speaker 1: I don't need to be hot, but I want to wait. Was it like it wasn't like gaspacho or something.
Speaker 3: No, it's not that that wouldn't make sense. I was like, what if I cook a hot soup?
Speaker 2: Scalding hot soup?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just you know, inverted logic. Yeah, the opposite of what I think I should do.
Speaker 1: I've actually been doing that a lot recently. I've had had soup like three times last week when it was hot.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: In my mind, I think as I was dehydrated or something. My body was like, you want to drink this meal next?
Speaker 3: But I was gonna like drink like cold chicken broth. And then I was like that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: It's like it is to It was like my stomach was upset, and I was like, what can I what can I eat? The world make it worse?
Speaker 2: And basically gatorade.
Speaker 3: That's what they said. It was like, it's basically gatorade. You need to replenish your electrolytes with chicken broth.
Speaker 2: Why do I have a sense memory of drinking cold chicken broth? What is it about cold chicken broth that calls to us.
Speaker 3: Because it sounds good when it's so hot, you're like, oh cold.
Speaker 1: Wait wait this you guys were pounding cold for real.
Speaker 2: I didn't like pound it, but I must have tried it. That's all. I don't need to heat this up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember, like you go to Jerry's Deli or something and you get that big ass container that's in the fridge.
Speaker 3: Is good, Honestly, my boyfriend got his wisdom teeth out and so he had he could only eat some stuff that was like like that, and then I was kind of like, that sounds good. Actually, little chicken broth.
Speaker 2: Make those ice cubes. What is something you think is underrated? Molly?
Speaker 3: Underrated? What did I say? Uh? I might have said this on the show before because I only have three topics.
Speaker 1: But the beach, The beach is underra Go on, tell me why I hate how cold the water.
Speaker 3: Is a lot of Oh my god, what are you? Baby? You know who loves the beach though?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 10: I know?
Speaker 2: I know I'm trying to tell my baby. I'm my brother.
Speaker 3: I look so happy. Yeah, I just think I think the beach is awesome. It's free, it's it's cool, you get to go there when it's hot. I love the how cold the water is. I actually when I've been to other places where they have warmer water in the ocean, I'm always like, this sucks. Give me the Pacific.
Speaker 2: That ice cold, Yeah, Pacific. Interesting.
Speaker 3: I love when the ice.
Speaker 1: You'll actually be like, I don't like this warm water beach.
Speaker 3: Yes, because when I went to like Pensacola, where it's a Gulf of Mexico, which is like it's like when the water is the same temperature as the air, it's like not refreshing.
Speaker 2: I get that part. Yeah, go from Mexico is not actually an ocean, that's a that's like a pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's a gold Okay, fine, but you know you hear what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's just it's like shallow and warm.
Speaker 3: When when I get in a body of water, I expect it to be freezing cold and then and it's not, I'm like, oh, I wish it was freezing cold because it's like your body is just hot.
Speaker 2: Spa hot. I was expecting cold.
Speaker 3: Spatcha is hot. It's just vegetables.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just took my kids do a beach clean up this past weekend, which was a great way to like pass a Saturday morning, Like they got competitive about getting the best garbage, like all night. What Beachdondo?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, see that's where I like to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Redondo's great. It was like nice, and you know, it was super hot back where I live, but like down there, who's still like misty cool from That's.
Speaker 3: What I mean. I'm just I think it's true. I think it's underrated because I feel like there's a lot of people in LA who never go to the beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had the thought, I was like, we need to go to the beach more. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: And now I have a new policy of just like you know, it's like an hour in the car, Yeah, but it's an hour in the car to get anywhere, so I might as well be at the beach at the end.
Speaker 1: Also, the great part too, is the people watching. You will always see some shit at the Yeah, you will always see some shit.
Speaker 2: I mean, great people watching.
Speaker 3: And also like every time I've been there recently, I've seen someone digging a really big hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, how like a child?
Speaker 3: Mostly children, but like sometimes then it seems like it's like people will see someone doing it and then they start doing so funny. It's like you turn around and someone's like buried in the sand up to their chest all on a sudden just.
Speaker 2: See head cooking out. Yeah, that's what we do. I'm about to go back east and that's basically every morning is just taking a big ass hole in the beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that. Kids love it so much. It's like another again, a free activity that everybody loves, digging a big hole in the sand.
Speaker 2: But then you got to fill that back in less than elderly person fall into it. Besides my holes, all right, my holes become hazards for the elderly.
Speaker 3: You fall in a lot of holes on the page.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, watch out for other elderly. Definitely not me, because I have my wits about.
Speaker 3: Me and just imagining you, like mister McGoo, just running.
Speaker 2: With my head facing the sky, chasing a seagull sandwich. Get back here with my funnel cake. You're mister mcgood.
Speaker 3: We got all the hot cultural references genesis.
Speaker 2: Mister magoo. Yeah, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Overrated? Palm springs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, palm springs, the opposite of the beach, the opposite of.
Speaker 3: The beach, I don't understand it people like to go there. Hi, Yeah, Miles, you'll hear me on this. If I wanted to go somewhere where it's one hundred degrees and people are in pools, I'd go to the San Fernando Valley.
Speaker 1: I live if I want to go there like that, I live here. But you can do it in an overpriced mid century home.
Speaker 3: That's what I don't understand when people are like, I'm going to go spend money to stay in a house that then I can't really go outside because it's like one hundred and twenty degrees outside. So I'm like sitting in an air conditioned house and somewhere even hotter than where I am coming from, and like there's a pool outside, but again it's one hundred and twenty degrees.
Speaker 1: It it is such a double edged sword, like because you know, if you go, like going to Palm Springs, especially in the summer, right, it's so hot that it does that thing where if you're just outside childre for like two hours, like your day is fucking none. Like you can't exist in one hundred and ten degree direct sunlight.
Speaker 3: That like I I literally I'm a redhead. I got such a bad sunburn recently that now I'm like so afraid of the sun again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no cloud back there. Palm Springs is like putting it next to the beach and you're over it underd It is interesting because it is essentially like a beach town that just happens to be like hundreds of miles from the ocean.
Speaker 3: Like yes, and like when people are like, hey, you want to go to Palm Springs going on a house, I'm always like no, no, no, I don't want to do that. Do I want to go to Ventura? Sure?
Speaker 2: Sure? Right? Yeah, Pismo? Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think just in general, it's like why would I go somewhere unless there's water.
Speaker 1: I think there's like I think something happened with Coachella, like where our generation connects like pool party in the desert as like this thing that is like a thing we like reach for, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because I just like draw line straight back to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just like saying in it like a mid century modern house with a pool again San Fernando Valley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably could find one like on swim lea use that as it's like they about three hundred dollars less.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I want to go to a pool party like in Boogie.
Speaker 1: Knights, those are in the valley sorry mile val and then I'll ask you how much can you bench press? Just like John c Riley did all the people who go.
Speaker 3: To Palm Springs with the same people who wouldn't come to the valley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Springs is also like there are cool deserts, like Joshua Tree is a cool desert. I think there's like something to be said for going to some desert places. Yeah, Palm Springs, like the desert is kind of ugly, right, like it's not yeah, and it's developed.
Speaker 3: So it's like if I'm point in the desert, I want to go somewhere where there's like no light and I can see the stars at night really good. Yeah yeah, yeah, like little cabin or something.
Speaker 2: One time when I stayed to Palm Springs, I like went outside at night and it just sounds like you just hear the roar of like five thousand air conditioning units just from right, Like that's the soundtrack of like the Palm Springs is just like everything is dead except for the people inside air conditioning.
Speaker 3: Yes, although I you know, ironically I do like Las Vegas, which is like all of the same idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they know that you're at the Las Vegas is like, but we have to like bring you here by transporting every like fancy restaurant in the world here, or.
Speaker 3: Las Vegas is at least like and there's a volcan you know, although rip the volcano.
Speaker 2: They're closing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just I was getting tiktoks that were like the last ever volcano eruption at the mirage.
Speaker 2: It already happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh fuck, all right, well now I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to go to Palm now, Palm Springs and build a volcano.
Speaker 2: Yeh, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about the news. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back and j D bands will make you dance. Yeah, dude, he's got so much fucking energy. Man, I'm nervous. Dude. He seems so like genuine and just like rizzed up and.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's a grand grand Wizard of the KKK this guy. So I got so much riz but yeah, like the continued fallout from Biden's drop out, like we've got some interesting insights in the Trump campaign, like we I think we're talking yesterday or the day before about you know, one of the big takeaways was that the entire campaign was praying to God every night that Biden stayed in the race, Like dude, it can't be like we did all of our homework on this one guy for years. This is and by homework we just mean we were going to do the thing about like, yo, this dude is so old, but now their biggest fear has come true and that they've pivoted away from Joe Biden and now they need an entirely new playbook.
Speaker 2: And the other thing we found out it seems like did you ever I guess this doesn't really apply to you guys from being from LA but like when there were snow days and you would like wait and wait and wait up to the last minute of like for school to be canceled, and then you'd be like, well, it's too late. They can't like have school now because they like waited too long. Oh that seems to be like the Republican.
Speaker 3: That's totally there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he waited too long. You can't he can't drop out now. He it's he waited too long, Like that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah he didn't announce it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go to school.
Speaker 1: Or like yeah in high school, like if the the professor was late, I always talk about like the fifteen minute window.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like I'm like walking out there, like down the Halliday class is still happening, Like, bro, you are not in the room, and if fifteen minutes hit, I'm gone, dude, I'm going to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah he can't go. You're still gonna You're gonna miss the test, like you fucking monster.
Speaker 3: It's really funny to see the Republicans suddenly being like, rule, what about the rules?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just shut up hypocrites. It was never about the rules anyway. But Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing that we found out was the selection of jd. Vance is starting to make people in the campaign and like other allies of the Trump camp crew like Nervous, apparently his selection was based on just turning the MAGA knob up all the way and trying to maximize the turnout for their base. They were not going for a like a VP pick that was going to bridge I don't know, bringing some moderates or independence whoever that is anymore.
Speaker 2: Not a political decision.
Speaker 1: No, they wanted to spike the football. They were like, yeah, dude, it's a foregone conclusion. Man, get the fucking monster Junior as his VP, and we've got something like and everyone's gonna love it. But yeah, Well, aside from the fact that he is unlikable and even you know, someone like Mitt Romney described him as a person he could not disrespect more, he is also just again just a black hole of the coveted riz man. The charisma is just not there. He recently had a very jeb Bushian moment when he tried to make a joke about drinking mountain diet.
Speaker 2: Mountain Wait.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how to say it, because like, it doesn't even make sense on d here he is talking about doing that WMD.
Speaker 10: It is the weirdest thing to me. Democrats say that it is racist to believe. Well, they say it's racist to do anything. I had a diet mountain dew yesterday and one today. I'm sure they're gonna call that racist too, But.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 2: I love you guys. Wait, holy shit, this is a full ass like crowd ship is dying to like love this guy.
Speaker 3: This is actually this is like open mic energy.
Speaker 2: And I just lost the crowd.
Speaker 3: He couldn't even get a crowd full of racist white people with you guys like soda mountain dew.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the problem was that it was diet mountain dew. You just needed to.
Speaker 3: One's favorite.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of I was. This was actually a tweet I was gonna like, but someone I'll give credit at. Nick Moscato tweeted it's like that clip and just said, guy says he's from Apple. Hia then talked about drinking diet mountain dew, and they showed the scene from Ingloria's Bastards and he's like three whiskies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hold on, diet mountain what are you talking about? Yeah, so he's uh.
Speaker 1: That was very very cringey. I also realized I was trying to figure out who he looks like. He looks like he would be in Zod's crew from SuperM two, Like he got this like the beard with the little eyeliner thing. He looks like if d was Zi.
Speaker 2: He looks like this son of addicted toads.
Speaker 3: If anybody watches Southern Charm, he looks exactly like this guy who's on Southern Charm whose name.
Speaker 10: Is j T.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, who's like also just kind of like a really a weird.
Speaker 2: Rizzless Yeah yeah, reptile human.
Speaker 3: Charlie brownhead Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, he's a little he's a little cuter than than JD. Vance. I'll give JT. I'll give Jarrett that thing. JT that that honor. But yeah, just certified reptile human energy from JD Vance, Like just all the facial expressions, the hand gesture when he says I love you guys, he gives like this point that is just like and now I am pointing and I'm pointing. It's just he's like, I love you guys. It's very where is it. It's good, It's good, one more time. Good, I love you guys. Oh yeah right, it's so fucking painful and like that.
Speaker 1: And that's what's kind of wild too, because thinking like that, they were like, the base is gonna love this fucking guy, like he's gonna help turn out even more people. But like again, this was a really or showing but he has the racism down.
Speaker 2: I'll give him that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because earlier, I think later in the day he was speaking again to another audience and was saying that Kamala Harris has been collecting a government check for the past twenty years, Like as a politician, there is but okay, yeah, welfare queen on my guy.
Speaker 2: I feel like, so there's already people within the campaign be it. Like somebody who was talking to the Trump campaign after Biden dropped out was like, there's they seem very unhappy that Biden dropped out. Right, And this is a quote from an Atlantic staff writer, Tim Albert. The most striking thing I heard from Trump allis yesterday was the second guessing of JD Vance, a selection they acknowledged that was born of cockiness, meant to run up margins with the base and a blowout rather than persuade swing voters in a nail bier. And I feel like Trump's body is going to reject this man in the way that like it rejected the unity message that he was being asked to spread at the RNC, and like he when he tried to be the unity guy, his body like started shutting down and he got like all sleepy, you know, and then he had to just like riff some fucking the late great Hannibal lecture ship. Now who's sleepy now is sleepy now? You old fuck.
Speaker 1: There's another interaction when, like right after they announced like one of their first appearances together of Trump and JD. Vance And if you look, jd Vance just has this like intense sycophant energy that I know Trump likes someone that comes off a little bit cooler, you know what I mean, And this guy comes off as like number one Like again, you know what.
Speaker 3: It's you know what it's giving a little bit is Kenny Powers and Stevie Janowski?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, Kenny, You're so fucking cool, Kenny, like it really? So what's this this?
Speaker 1: He's like he's laughing at a Trump joke here or whatever. I don't know, but this is this is his vibe with Trump.
Speaker 2: Did we have enough people?
Speaker 3: Why didn't we have enough people?
Speaker 2: Somebody's siking about the assassination of Temple Will.
Speaker 7: Put on Biden's detailed The problem is Biden doesn't draw anybody.
Speaker 2: He draws flies, He draws nobody.
Speaker 9: And you know you don't need very many people for that, because he does not draw up thirty people.
Speaker 7: Show up and we have fifty five, sixty thousand people show up.
Speaker 11: He's just quietly laughing, like a podcast producer. You can't laugh on loud, but this is great.
Speaker 2: I want to let him know that they're killing No.
Speaker 3: It is like though, it's like when there's a kid who's a class clown and he's got like a second in command. It's a therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, my friend everyone hates that kid though. Everyone's like, bro, you're just like his fucking hanger on dude, And my.
Speaker 3: Friend called it. There would be like a kid who's like the Yo kid, who's like when someone says it's like yo, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's yo. Yeah, he's yo man, mister holy ship spot on and he switched his pick? Would that be unprecedented? Like if Trump switched his pick at this point, because I feel like he's gonna want to a lot of things are happening that are especially if Kamala picks an astronaut as her VP pick. Who's the astronaut Mark Kelly, Mark Kelly from Arizona guy, Like, I feel like that's if if she picks Mark Kelly, he's gonna be so jealous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna want to go to speak.
Speaker 1: Fucking she got an astronaut. That guy's arms, he's like, you drink diet mountain dew. Okay, he just like goes away bummed out in his room. But yeah, while all that's hot happening, you know, and and Janie Vance, you know, for a second thought, Kamala Harris was going to be the person he was having to do battle with. That's still unknown. But the GOP is still they're they're really trying to figure out how to come at Como, like what their line of attack is. Obviously predictably reflexively, they are just going with their hatred of black women to like power a lot of their talking points, and it's become pretty fucking out there. And also, I mean we've probably said this in earlier episode, but now it seems like she has the delegates needed to secure the nomination.
Speaker 2: So yeah, perhaps we're avoiding.
Speaker 3: Going with something that's kind of like she's too hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, like what huh she thinks she's so cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she thinks she's so cool.
Speaker 2: Right, Guys, she's like kind of weird if you think about it, she's like weird.
Speaker 3: Like honestly, also she is super weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 1: That's why it's funny too, even that thing that like would you just fall out of the coconut treat that became popular because the Republican Party clipped that out and tried to use that to be like this is not like look at this fool and basically gave gave birth to a new meme that's like partially powering this new campaign.
Speaker 3: You know what, maybe we need a kookie bitch forent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see, we'll see. Like their attempt to smear her has turned down into is like fun kookie energy, like yeah, and the.
Speaker 1: Memes are important these days and elections for a lot of people who are just like going off vibes.
Speaker 3: Childless and they and they can't talk about any of the things that are actually wrong with her because they you know.
Speaker 2: They kept them too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's locking people up indiscriminately as attorney general.
Speaker 2: They're like, whoa, I agree with that kind of but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, they're they're now like just full on scrambling to try and figure out like what is actually going to stick in terms of like their attacks.
Speaker 3: What did he say? Trump said something and it didn't stick at all, and everybody was like he's losing the.
Speaker 2: Juice about his poll numbers.
Speaker 3: P He was like he called he called her something, but it was like it wasn't like kooki Kamala, but it was like something like that where everybody was like, man, usually he's got it with the nicknames, but like he's loose. He's not laughing Kamala. That's right.
Speaker 2: Oh oh no, laughing Kamala's here.
Speaker 3: Everyone That makes her sound like she's in like a folk tale.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, yeah, the woman with the best attitude laughing Kamala bring brought joy to all those around her.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like the right now.
Speaker 1: Initially they were like, oh, we love that it's Kamala Harris because we can just tie her to all of the failures of the Biden administration and all that's gonna stick. But they are still having trouble, like like when they say it out loud, for whatever reason, they just don't know, like like it just doesn't feel right even to them. So the NRSC, who like helps run Senate like Senate campaigns for the Republicans, they distributed talking points of like how to hit her. You know, they're like ones like she supports Hamas. Another one's like she tried to ban fracking. She's the border czar, and you're like, what the fuck. Then there's this one section at the bottom called like, there's one's called crime, Healthcare, Foreign Policy. The last section is called weird. Yeah, And these are some of the things that they're like, and you could hit her on this. This is the weird stuff that they feel like they can attack with. Kamala Harris has a habit of laughing at inappropriate moments. Kamala Harris pledged to ban plastic straws. Kamala favor is in favor of banning certain behaviors. Okay, Kamala Harris loves ven diagrams. Kamala Harris loves electric school buses because she went to school on a school bus.
Speaker 2: What the fuck does that one even mean? Like these are all linked off to She's just a statement made he's.
Speaker 1: Talking about yet probably saying like, yeah, you know when I was riding the school bus. Oh my god, did she rode a school bus.
Speaker 2: There's also cherry picking like weird statements by her and being like this woman's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rather than like what you'd say about Donald Trump, You're like, bruh.
Speaker 2: This this is you like ven diagre? What are the other one? This wool loves his daughter in an inappropriate way.
Speaker 1: That's weird. You want to you want to go on to judge to fucking Trumps.
Speaker 3: Well, they're they keep being like she doesn't have any like naturally birthed children of her own. She's only got this blendid family.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, it's very katy's.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think it's like that's sort of Trump, I guess to be like, she's a career woman. Yeah, she's she's being working girl at the office and she doesn't come home and make meals for her children or her cat.
Speaker 2: That's right. It's wild how hard it seems like they are are totally taken off guard by this. And they really doubled down on Biden being old, which makes sense because he was way too old.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, the Democrats were not looking like they were gonna get it together in any way, right. It seemed really chaos behind the scenes, and and like the Democrats weren't even going to be able to agree on whether Biden should drop out, who should replace him if he does. And so the fact that they like got it together this fast, Trump was tweeting like a like a bitch was tweeting like you could tell that they were like, it's in the bag. This is also like when the when he got shot at and everybody was like, oh, it's over, it's shaver, It's in the bag for Trump now And I was just like, the news cycle is so fast now, yeah, so many more things can happen, Like it's like a checker speech every day now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like every and everybody on TV these days has been shot at on some level.
Speaker 3: So it's like and it just like it changes so fast, Like you know, the CNN people were like, okay, like Biden's losing the Republicans, you know. And I hate the way that like they do can declare consensus on like CNN or something where it's like all the pundits are suddenly like, well you know, Trump's gonna win. Yeah, based on that, they feel like they have to have a consensus so that they can all like repeat the same message. And things changed so fast every single day.
Speaker 2: But now Trump is the oldest official nominee in the history, Like after that was kind of their only and main angle. He is the oldest official nominee in the history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like all they put all their eggs in the old white It's a he's an old white man out of touch basket. Yeah, and now everyone's like, you're an old white man seeming older.
Speaker 2: His speech was very like old and.
Speaker 3: Dog stuff wasn't good before. But that's what was crazy is after he got shot at and everybody was like, oh, he's a change man. Now he's like you know, and now he's going to become like like step up into the presidency, step up to the plate. And then it's like, no, he was rambling and sounding crazy before. It's just that Joe Biden was rambling more right and sounding more seen isle than he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now he's sound senile compared to Kamala.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And and you know, just like the optics thing where they're like, I think they really thought next to Biden, Trump looks like a virile young man. Yeah, which is clearly how Trump sees himself in his mind, is.
Speaker 2: That it's like here comes the cult.
Speaker 1: Mentality does to them though, you know what I mean, Like they're like, this guy's impervious to anything, and then they're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, he is old. What the fuck? Like that's not fair. We don't like this juxtaposition.
Speaker 1: The thing he put out on truth social the other night, he said, Lion Kamala Harris, the Biden appointed borders are who never visited the border and who's incompetence gave us the worst and most dangerous border anywhere in the world.
Speaker 2: That's so okay, that is so patently false.
Speaker 1: But I'm has absolutely terrible poll p O l E numbers against a fine and brilliant young man named Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump. Be careful what you wish for Democrats.
Speaker 3: You're a brilliant young man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's such. That is such high level cope that I'm like, Yo, you do never you never want to be an old person out here referring to yourself as a young man.
Speaker 2: You're not even a middle age. It's just like such an old man joke to make like it's it reminds me of like Reagan on his last legs, being like, well, I'm I won't let my opponent's young age beat him. And it's like the last coherent thing he said.
Speaker 3: Look, I think some of those guys too, it's like they got gassed up so much when they were young men. Yeah, that they think it's just carries forward for your entire life.
Speaker 2: I'm a young yeah man, a young buck.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants me because to win because I'm too young and hot. But also, like we all know, Trump gets flustered around a hot woman. Yeah yeah, yeah, so I do imagine. I feel like Kamala makes them be like Rodney Dangerfield, like hot under the collar.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know which one to lean into, his womanizing or his racism around her, He's like, right, which button?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, it's a tough time.
Speaker 3: I mean somebody, some republic can already called her like a Jezebel, which is like both racist and sexist.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, I mean that's that's the thing that like, you know, I get the enthusiasm of it not being Joe Biden anymore, because clearly, just seeing someone who can like move their body in like a spry manner, you're like, oh my god, I love this. But I'm just it's the it's the it's the culture of our electorate that I'm I'm just not sure what happens, you know, Like even if even if the Democrats are saying like we have to be Trump, we have to be Trump, it's just like the racism of it all too that I'm not That's like the one thing I'm like I don't know, man, like I just never terrible. This country is never count out.
Speaker 3: The Democrats on biffing it right, on biffing something that seems like a foregone win. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: All the headlines right now are very pro like exactly what the narrative right now? You know? And yeah, the media does thrive on like creating a consensus narrative that they can then upend in the next news cycle. But the narrative right now is like went from yesterday like shock poll Harris closes in on Biden to right now shock poll Harris leads Trump, and it's yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't trust a damn poll.
Speaker 2: Also trust a p O L E poll. That's all This one is also a shock poll pol E. It's just used to elect for cute people. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a cattle prod. Yeah, I love that. Love that. All right, we should take a quick break and come back and talk about coffee badging. We'll be right back and we're back, and you know who's coffee badging all this past four years? Kamala Harris. She doesn't work hard, she doesn't do her job. That was one of the racist, coded bullshit things there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, and now DEI mentions are going through the roof on Twitter. It's like we get a man just say white male supremacy. That's yes, I'll call it WMS man.
Speaker 2: But Amazon is reportedly cracking down on coffee badging when workers show up to work purely to grab a coffee and show that they're in the office thinking to you to work from home. The name is mislead. I mean, this is again, this is like a fucking made up human resources phenomenon.
Speaker 1: That like that they're leaking to the media. Yeah, like we're breaking down on coffee badging. I'm sorry, what what's that?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Here? Sit down, let me explain. Yeah, but I mean people obviously stay longer than a couple of coffee seeing is they have to swipe in and out, so their office time is easily tracked. Like I've it's just a way for them to talk shit about how little I guess Amazon executives are working like the like, not even the people who are like working in the factories, but like that the way I've never heard. I've known a couple of people who like worked at Amazon or like were interviewed by Amazon and talked and talked to people like vetted a job at Amazon, and the thing that I've always heard is that it is fucking brutal, like that people are like weeping openly in the office.
Speaker 3: Wasn't there that thing in the in the warehouses where they have the little like like the relaxation boots. Have you seen these?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah? Those like Yeah, that was just like earth. Yeah, screen you just get it out. Just get it out, man, just get it out of z Yeah. It had like nature sounds and stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like instead of having a sane work conditions, We'll just give you a place to cry when you're moving. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, we could have invested in your wages, but we got one. We got a great deal on one of these screen pods.
Speaker 2: Scream pods, I mean I mean relaxation pods. Sorry sorry, yeah, relaxation pods. They do shoot you out with a spring after three minutes of crying up times up. But yeah, I don't know. Amazon is now considering a minimum number of hours per day to meet the mandate of three work days in the office per week, and.
Speaker 1: There's just so many shitty stories out of the companies, like just demanding their workers come back if they were previously remotely, and it's like none of them are like it's going great.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't hear that, or you know, you would hear incessantly if it was going on even remotely.
Speaker 1: Okay, how this how this office manager made blah blah blah likable for like, no, no, we don't hear that. And also conversely, you would fucking hear it if they're if like profits were down and a company would could actually attribute that to remote work, you know, they would also be like, dude, it's demonstrably terrible for business. Yeah, but there's able to prove that. Yeah, so anyway, coffee rens and it's.
Speaker 2: Bad for corporate control basically. Yeah. And to be pretend you're like in Mad Men, when you go into an office and have people feign interest in your life, could they take the fact that, like people start working from home and productivity went up, and they're like, okay, well, if that's how much they can do in thirty hours a week, then why don't we just bring them back to the office and make them work forty hours a week. Yeah, just squeeze every drop of humanity out of them. Yeah, that's not gonna work like that yeah, we'll find.
Speaker 3: It so crazy.
Speaker 2: Do you give them cry booths?
Speaker 3: Sorry, give them cry booth?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: It is just like people talk about the office, like the office is a thing that makes people work harder. Yeah, but so much time gets wasted in offices, right, So much of what happens in offices is water cooler talk and.
Speaker 1: Just like yeah, yeah for those kinds of jobs too, you know, because we're sort of like with school, we're like being socialized into like you go to this building for a bulk of your day and you do a thing you don't really want to do, and then you can go home. And so you know, you fucking around in school is the same thing like I would do going into an office, Like I was fucking around, Like, of course I had to do the work that I needed to do to like keep my job, but the second I figured out how to like optimize afficiency, I'm like, yo, bro, let's go fucking you know, like ride some of these copied like xerox paper boxes down the fucking stairs or.
Speaker 2: Something like that, and trying to right.
Speaker 3: And also just like the Internet made things so much faster, like so much office stuff used to be just pushing.
Speaker 2: Paper, Yeah, taking a paper from one place and moving it to another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like fax machines, Like just how long it took to get things and mail things And now it's so fast you can do all your job on email for almost every job. I don't know why they're like what is it? They just want you to suffer and be surveilled more.
Speaker 2: And it's also the leases too, that a lot of companies sign with you. Yeah, that's what it is, saving them money. But maybe it's all just like tied up, and it's.
Speaker 3: All tied up. I've heard that about. Like I've heard the New York Times makes all their money now off of renting the New York Times building really yeah, because it's like they own a building in Midtown Manhattan, right, that's like and that they just rent.
Speaker 2: Like office space out of it. Basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they make their money being landlords on office space because it's not off the damn newspaper subscriptions anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, it's the games and the landlording.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so they all need people to go to the office because their landlords.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Boy, my first job out of college that was that wasn't being a pool boy, was working at like ABC News and like I had to like run tapes from like one building to another building so that they could be like, you know, something could be done to them that could be done like on a computer in like three like keystrokes now, and like I'm just remembering that. Like some of my friends were just like people along the route who like worked in different you know, like just people whose desks would like hang out with as I was walking by and like distract them and like get coffee with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll say I love to hang out. Yeah, me too, I love hanging out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the part I'm like, Yeah, I get well, like younger people coming out of college and like like I get when they're like I kind of want to go to an office because like, yeah, you do meet you you meet you trauma bond with people you work with a lot of the time when you're like I have you know, like some jobs you stay friends with people. Other jobs, like even if you weren't there a long time, like just because how shitty the job is, you just became better friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's definitely a dimension of.
Speaker 3: It that I just have to go somewhere else where people are working. I go to like a library there you go wow. But it also feels like better because I'm like, no one's forcing me to go here, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then watching you to make sure you're you're doing something like walking around like a fucking.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have bosses like that who are like really on. I didn't have any people that were like micro managing like that, but I would have managers who would make a lot of comments about like how I was talking to other people or like was like, oh, that was a long lunch.
Speaker 3: I'm like I was in like only in like retail.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, oh man. I had a manager when I used to work at the Coach store in college. Oh boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like in jobs where I was like, it doesn't even matter that much what I'm doing with my free time.
Speaker 1: Here, right, Yeah, we're all just wearing magnetic name tags.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just throwing darts at a wall.
Speaker 2: I used to forget my name tag when I worked the front desk at a health club, and then I would just like put on whatever name tag was there because it was like part of the uniform and you weren't allowed to oh badgeless yeahless.
Speaker 3: And then you're having fun.
Speaker 2: You're like I'm like I get to be a different person today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm this guy. Let's construct a character.
Speaker 2: Kim can be a boy name, Yeah I can. Well, Molly, uh, what a pleasure having you as always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You can find me at Mollie Underscore Lambert, on Instagram, at Molly World, on TikTok.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 3: On Twitter. I've been back on Twitter. I got back on Twitter for a little bit because it got really fun again for a few days. And you know what, I think I might have to get off again because it's already getting not fun again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well it's gonna be wild when, you know, like because Elon Musk is like straight up to Trump's witnessing. It's part of the Trump campaign.
Speaker 3: So like, oh yeah, I got Actually one of the things that made me be like got to quit Twitter again was I saw Elon Musk had this tweet that was like a racist I mean, he obviously has a lot of racist tweets. This was a racist tweet about redheads about like like comparing characters who were written to be redheads and then in the movie they're played by like a person of color, you know, which is like a big white supremacist thing is like that redheads are like, you know, like symbol of white power and you know, puriod.
Speaker 2: And really whatever.
Speaker 3: And it's so fucked up because because I mean, it's obviously fucked up because it's racist, but also like there's there's non white redheads, like Malcolm X is a redhead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, yeah, people have I have a couple of red beard hairs I've discovered too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a lot of people have red hair.
Speaker 2: I'm a red beard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people have read in their beards. But also it just made me so mad, and I was like, you got to get off Twitter before you start tweeting pictures of Malcolm X and Elon Musk and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, well, who the fuck was Detroit? Yeah, like Detroit red homie.
Speaker 1: Like okay, well let's let's I mean now, the latest thing is he was there's a conversation with him in Jordan Peterson and he's complaining about how he lost his daughter to the woke mind virus.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they both sounded so stupid in that conversation. Also, he said this thing where he was like moving the company out of California. We're moving to Star Base, Texas, which he meant, like the the SpaceX in Texas. But I was like, did he start a town like l Ron Hubbard's style, like like the Gold Base, you know, which is like the scientology town. He just built something in Brownsville, Texas. That's where it is, is in Brownsville. But he just is calling it Star Base as though they've taken it over and made it a town.
Speaker 2: Like a company town, right, Like yeah, but it's like.
Speaker 3: No, homie, you're moving to Brownsville?
Speaker 1: Is that recognized by the municipality? Well, it's it's informal, okay.
Speaker 3: But also get the hell out of here so that maybe I can live in the Bay Area someday like I've always wanted to.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get too hot up there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is there a good place for me to be?
Speaker 2: A nice cloudy even stay close to the Pacific?
Speaker 3: You can't get under it out there? Is there a tweet I like, Kia, Yes, let's pull it up X dot com silly a chovy user, silly am chovy? See if we can find this.
Speaker 2: This tweet suit? It is the is the display name just ja?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? And what am I looking for?
Speaker 3: Tweet is from July twenty second at six forty eight am. It is the Richard Nixon administration, Watergate, Charlie XCX, spring Breakers, Brat summer at it. Oh my gosh, please pull it up so that everybody can see it. Wow. Isn't that like the best thing you've ever seen?
Speaker 2: Individual fucking so well together?
Speaker 3: There's a thing. The Richard Nixon Museum does a thing that my friend Sarah kept sending me, which is Richard Nixon grindset videos.
Speaker 2: Wait, they really do that, Richard Nixon?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, do you want to see those? Also?
Speaker 2: We'll off wi Yeah, well, Richard, they do.
Speaker 3: They do these Richard Nixon grindset videos that are like one of them quoted a bunch of has a bunch of Madman clips in it, of Don Draper being like Nixon, he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth like Kennedy. And they're like, you know, trying to get trying to get the kids into Nixon kind of and they're incredible, And this feels up a piece with that, but you know, truly Nixon, that stuff seems so small potatoes, like the president. President's a liar, like.
Speaker 2: Somebody who like worked for him, like broken somewhere.
Speaker 3: I got some theories about that to save that for another podcast. Think I've got another podcast and in the in the fault that you'll maybe I'll get to make some day explain it all anyway. Nixon Richard Nixon, Brat at it, mich Nixon is Brett is Bratt, Nixon is Nixon is Brat.
Speaker 2: That song is also really good and that was the first time I heard it because I'm old Miles. Where can people find you? Follow you all that?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. Also find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles Moostis. You can also find me talking ninety day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance. I like a few tweets, actually got three today.
Speaker 2: First one is yeah, this is from.
Speaker 1: At o x Gats tweeted the girl of your dreams is just laying in her bed farting so bad right now, Like yeah, I like that sentiment. Another one is this one is interesting.
Speaker 2: This is from AT. I'm Patrick t tweeted.
Speaker 1: Nope is the perfect summer blockbuster that should have come out this summer if it had come out in August after Twisters instead of a month after Top Gun Maverick. I bet it would have done insane numbers. It really has nineteen ninety five Blockbuster secret sauce, and I love it so much, and I'm like, damn, I really wonder totally agree.
Speaker 3: I love Nope, that was a great movie.
Speaker 2: And it was totally well no, I mean it didn't. At the time, we weren't. Really we weren't. We weren't back at it like that. Oh yeah, that's right. It still pandemic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got it got swept away by Glenn Powell summer exactly.
Speaker 1: And now they could have done a follow up and got Glen Poell's ass after Twisters.
Speaker 3: And yeah, could I throw in one more Glenn Powell related hot take at the end here? Sure, everyone's like, Glenn Powell, we made a new movie star. Why can't we make more new movie stars? We finally did it. Everybody who was in Richard Linklater's Everybody Wants Them, right, could be the next Tom Cruise. That movie was like, let's make a hundred new Tom Cruises, right, Glen Powell is just one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you know.
Speaker 3: You're looking for Tom Cruise factory, look, everybody wants them. Also, what a great movie, great summer movie, great fun movie.
Speaker 1: Look no further and then and the last week tweet I like is from at Mitch Potero tweeted, anyone know what Brandon who needs encouragement? I suddenly find myself with seven hundred and fifty thousand t shirts and could help and that could help DM for offers. That was more Also, oh really yeah, wait is doing that happen?
Speaker 2: And enjoying that tweet. Also, Matt at Inland Empire Earnpyre tweeted a screencap from he and a friend where his friend Ryan said, holy shit, Biden out and Kenneth tweeted what and then Will responded as gay, oh you almost did it? Almost? Yeah. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily zeit geis where the Daily zeit Geist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fanpage and a website alesi guys dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes or link offs the information we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Do you think people might enjoy it? So there is a stereo lab song that I really like. That was also like a dij Dilla sample and a bunch of rhymes.
Speaker 1: Track it's called but most people know the song is called Come and Play in the Milky Night, but the demo version of it. I hadn't really listened too much, and the demo version also has a completely different vibe. It's really dope because it's acoustic, but still has the same sort of like guitar and what would be the bassline of that song. So just nice, easy, easy music to listen to with some soothing voices. So this has Come and Play in the Milky Night, the demo version by Stereo Lab.
Speaker 2: All right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. Zay Guy's the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio ap Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcast. That's gonna do it for this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye bye