Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Friday, August seventh, and he is already facing a House ethics investigation. He is facing accusations of domestic violence. But now Congressman Max Miller is facing new allegations. There is some of the cruelest stuff you will ever hear that a dad could do to his child. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Let me start with saying he says this is not true. He says, these allegations aren't true. Allegations robes of holding a bunny.
Speaker 2: Hostage, a blue bunny hostage, a stuffed blue bunny hostage.
Speaker 1: This is an ugly story already robes. This is true, and it does come with some level of receipts.
Speaker 3: Jesus, there are text messages. This is a thing, that's for sure. And look, anyone who's had a young child knows that oftentimes, and especially if you've got a child of divorce, where there is some insecurity just built in where your family is now divided. Yes, kids cling to their stuffed animals. They cling to their My kids had their baby blankets, and they each had names for them, and they went everywhere with those blankets. To this day, my youngest still has her baby blanket, and she would take it back and forth to her father's house. I get it, and I think a lot of parents get it.
Speaker 1: Parents also get if you're a parent who has divorced. Hopefully yours went smoother than some, but if you have a contentious divorce, all kinds of things, little things, petty things get argued about, where's the pan right, where's my favorite pillowcase? Did you really take the toothpaste? Like all kinds of the dumbest stuff ever. But robes, you're supposed to keep the kids out of it. He's supposed to be keeping the kids items certainly out of it. And we're talking about now Max Miller, who's facing all these allegations and now an allegation of cruelty robes in which he is being accused by his former father in law. And there are text messages that reporters have gotten their hands on that suggest that he kept his two year old daughters stuffed blue bunny, held it hostage and wouldn't give it back.
Speaker 4: For what.
Speaker 3: Power, perhaps or wanting her to want to be at his place where the blue bunny is. Who knows, But yes, that is called weaponizing your children, if true and true. As awful as it sounds, it is actually, as we were discussing, pretty unfortunately damn common. It's it's adults acting like children children to hurt the child. You hear about this all the time, not allow parents to see children, not giving access to children, not letting them talk on the phone, and who does that do work to tod children? So you do kind of see it. So whether it's yes, not letting them get on the phone to FaceTime the other parent, or yes, with holding a child's favorite toy and keeping it at your place. There have even been stories about like not allowed to bring clothing back and forth. I think many people have experienced this, and it's just awful because the people who get hurt the most are the people you're supposed to be protecting your children.
Speaker 1: And let's tell you where this is coming from now, I think a lot of people are familiar with this. With what's going on with Max Miller facing reelection in Ohio seventh District, a lot of people want him to get out, including some increased call from Republicans, but he has gone through a pretty nasty divorce. He is divorced, but now he's dealing with a custody dispute back and forth with his two year old daughter with his now ex wife Emily what They were married in twenty twenty two too, divorced in twenty four or five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like a two year marriage at most.
Speaker 1: So this is what we're talking about. So now the senator, Senator Moreno, whose daughter is Emily, has come out and said that the guy should is not fit to serve, So that kind of ramped everything up. Miller has denied all these accusations, and meanwhile, robes are at least two other women who have come out with allegations against Miller for domestic violence. But let's get into what we have seen now through reporting and various emails and text messages, robes that are flying between Emily Moreno, Max Miller, Senator Moreno and.
Speaker 4: Also up was it a parenting coordinator?
Speaker 1: They pull it who's supposed to be helping during the custody dispute dealing with the child. So those are all the people on these messages, and these are the ones we've gotten a hold of world to start with, this was kind of a I don't know, this one isn't so terrible, but it seems Emily, the ex wife, is asking Max about the bunny.
Speaker 3: Yes, she in an email says, ken, our daughter, please have her her bunny back. She's had it since birth, sleeps with it every night, carries it with her around the house, and sees it as a source of comfort. You have always delivered it back to me when you drop her off. Please don't punish her. If you're upset with me, I'm willing to pick it up from your house, your mailbox. You can drop it in my mailbox please.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: She didn't sound combatith, not at all. We have no idea what happened leading up to this before after, we don't know. But at least that robe sounds like a woman who is like, let's not have a problem. Let's just let me get the bunny. So the thing is now being held hostage.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: This is a follow up email, and again this is coming to us from mother Jones, a reporter over there who has been getting her hands. She's been doing some good reporting. I'm sorry her name is slipping my mind, but she's been doing a lot of reporting on this. But the follow up email to that one from Emily saying to Max, quote, if you lost it, please let me know if you're choosing to not return our daughter's favorite toy for another reason, that's just cruel. So don't know what direction things are going. And again we don't have his responses. We don't have what was happening before or after. But these are the ones we've gotten our hands on. Now, the one rodes this is typical divorce lawyer type stuff. Yes, Emily's lawyer sends one to Max's lawyer asking about this bunny.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Always Look, I know it's a tough job, I'm sure, being a divorce attorney, but it does always often appear that when you have the attorneys communicating back and forth, things get uglier. You would think that things would get better, would be more civil, but it actually almost always makes it worse. But so, Emily's lawyer sends this email to Max's lawyer. For no apparent reason, Max is not returning the child's blue bunny to Emily. Doctor Koric, who is the parent coordinator, tried to get the blue bunny back. Doctor k made clear that despite her recommendation that the bunny stay with Emily, Max refuses to return it. Why must this be a controversy? This is totally ridiculous, Please have Max return the bunny.
Speaker 2: Forthwith that's so silly, fourthwith, but well, it's a bunny like he should be desperate to get it to her, should he not forget everything else?
Speaker 1: He knows his child loves this stuffed animal. Sho'd be jumping through hoops if he missed a vote in Congress because he needed to get her the bunny. I would go, Okay, that makes sense to me, and that's the way it should be. This is so and again, as folks who've gone through divorces, so much money is wasted in divorces because of the time it takes to get an answer. When two people just can't community. You can send one text to your soon to be ex and say hey, blah blahlah blah, and they can respond. But instead, in a divorce, I have to call my lawyer to ask a question. My lawyer then calls her lawyer for that question. Her lawyer then calls her. After that, she answers the question, then she has to tell her lawyer the answer, who tells my lay of the answer, and then it comes back to me. This when the lawyer has to do that, when it's something as simple as a bunny or it just it's.
Speaker 3: Really really, really tough. I mean it's awful. So yeah, And the next one actually is a text between Max and Senator Moreno. So Senator Moreno says, evidently I was supposed to get his granddaughter's blue bunny at pickup, she's asking for it. That's actually Moreno I believe, because he says, evidently I was supposed to get the blue bunny at pickup, she's asking for it. Do you have it by chance? And then Max tells his father in law to go through the parent coordinator, saying, you can go through the parent coordinator. I'm sure I'll see this one at the next hearing. If you need anything, have Emily call. Yes, doctor k I have no note or record of what you're referring to. So he's acting like he doesn't know about the blue bunny. And that's when Senator Moreno says, it's the blue bunny she sleeps with, but got it. So he was pretending like he didn't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, Max was trained that Max.
Speaker 3: Wasn't aware that I don't know what you're referring to.
Speaker 1: She's had since birth. There's nothing else to talk about. That one just doesn't fly it doesn't make any sense. And then the parent coordinator gets involved. And this was interesting that she used this phrase coddling. She said, I'm not coddling him. This is her to Emily saying, I'm not coddling him. Talking about Max, I advise him to let your dad get the bunny, preferably from the mailbox, but he adamantly refused. But I've suggested you keep the bunny at your house to avoid these situations because unfortunately, in a high conflict divorce, these situations blow up often. Now that's just confirmation of what the parent coordinator at least was trying. Now that is probably the most damning evidence absolutely against him, because this is an impartial person who is actually have no idea that the text she's sending is going to be made public.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she said that Max adamantly refused, So there you go. And then with the text with Senator Moreno acted like he didn't know what he was talking about. That seems a little disingenuous given the emails that we've seen from Emily to Max.
Speaker 1: Si Moreno continued to speak, or has been. He was quiet for a long time. He said he didn't want this to be out in public. But he told this to reporters on Capitol Hill. They were asking him questions about it, and he said, quote, Max would not hand over the little Blue Bunny, literally held it hostage for forty eight hours. This girl is crying at night because she can't sleep without her little Blue Bunny. And his answer is, I'm just not going to give it to you. So finally, yesterday he lets the little bunny go. This level, this is the level of total, incomplete depravity. I mean, Roseie, he spoke of it like it was literally being held hostage.
Speaker 3: My favorite was the next quote, took five lawyers to get the bunny back forty eight hours later. That's sad. And if that's where things stand, that's just icky. And again, all of this is going on without any real knowledge that any of this will be made public. And I believe Senator Moreno did make this point clear. The one person you haven't heard from during all of this is his daughter, Emily. She has not gotten in front of a camera, she has not been speaking out. She is mortified about all of this coming out and being as public as it is. I can't even imagine having this type of detail and just all of this ugliness being displayed for everyone to discuss.
Speaker 4: And that's one place where I will give her credit. Rope.
Speaker 1: She could have gone, she's the one. All this stuff we're hearing and we know about is because of court filings, not because she went in front of a camera or did an interview or spoke to anybody so real that the evidence shows she didn't. She wasn't trying to go after him or his political career in some way.
Speaker 4: Somebody could argue maybe some leaks.
Speaker 1: Or something like that, but as far as she goes, she has not been out there speaking on this. Miller, though, has been talking Robes. He did post something on x in which he was I mean, quite simply, he said, quote, please stop the lies. But he spoke directly to Robes if you see there. In his ex posts to his former father in.
Speaker 3: Law, he said, mine and your daughter's parenting coordinator reached out about the bunny, asking if you can come pick it up for me after she forgot it at my house. I said sure. Then a man who is not on our approved list reaches out to me offering to come to my house to get the bunny, to which I said it was inappropriate of him to insert himself in family business and that I was waiting for you, Bernie Moreno, like we agreed upon. Gosh, this is just difficult, just the back and forth.
Speaker 4: But it's public.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Off he's respond I mean, I guess he has to defend himself because of allegations of being made in public. So he's responding in public. But there's a level of ugliness now robes and they're trying to keep the two year old out of it. But now what's smack dab in the middle is that now you're being called a bad boyfriend, a bad husband.
Speaker 3: And a bad parent.
Speaker 1: That's a that's as bad as a dad is going to get. Now you can add some elements to it for a lot of dads out there knowing this is a two year old girl, right, whatever fair shot I was giving him on allegations of one thing, this one, he's crossing a line for some dads at least at least winning back some type of any type of sentiment in the public. Yeah, this is this is hard to understand.
Speaker 3: It's a power struggle. And unfortunately, when you now have a power struggle over something that the child wants and that you have, and you use it to your advantage, where you think you're somehow feeling powerful or in control in that moment. That is the ugliness right there.
Speaker 1: Tim and the she the senator from Montana, a Republican, put it this way on social media. What kind of person would treat their daughter this way? This guy is clearly a degenerate sociopath. Max should step aside and seek help. Now that's just the personal side. He went on Robes to make this make sense politically, staying in the race makes it far more likely we lose this seat and hand Democrats and majority to impeach President Trump.
Speaker 4: He didn't have to say that part.
Speaker 1: It seems like he's almost trying to tell the president, yoyoyol, get involved here. This could be a problem for you, sir. That last line, it seemed like he got very specific.
Speaker 3: That was dramatic. That last line he went, he went right for He took a leap. I was not expecting.
Speaker 1: Well, Rose, I mean, I haven't thought about this a whole lot, but my goodness, do we really Rose.
Speaker 4: It might be the first thing they do.
Speaker 3: Try to impeach President Trump if they have the majorityes.
Speaker 1: Pick a crime like they would think they have a long list of things they could impeach this guy for. But if this wasn't the only significant update in the Max Miller case, stay here there was an alarming, very concerning I guess update from Cenera Moreno about where his wife, his daughter, and his granddaughter now are staying.
Speaker 3: Welcome back everyone to Amy and TJ. And we were just discussing it's probably going to be a hell of a weekend for Max Miller because there is a deadline looming where if he makes it past Monday, he's staying on the ballot.
Speaker 4: I mean, they don't have a choice to replace him.
Speaker 1: They have until the tenth there's some somewhere around midnight Monday, Tuesy whatever. You don't want to mess around with us. So by Monday they need he needs to be out of there, and that's their last chance to put another candidate in his place. After Monday Tuesday, Republicans, that's your guy in Ohio seven.
Speaker 3: What's that weekend gonna be like? I mean, because we already have a growing number of Republicans asking him to step aside asking him to drop out of the race. He's obviously done a big media campaign this week saying he vows to stay and fight. He's gonna he's never been actually criminally accused of anything, and so why would he step down? And he is and has been very publicly defending himself. However, I think it's gonna be a he's gonna have a few phone calls over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's gonna be busy. He's gonna be working the phone. Was not sure if anybody's gonna call him, But all the calls incoming will be get out of the race, all the calls out going and trying to convince people to probably not to support him, but not to come out against him. That's the best he can hope for right now. If you just stay quiet, everybody and just don't say anything, nobody's gonna come help him report it.
Speaker 3: I'm curious if he doesn't drop out, he stays in as he says he is on Monday, August tenth, what do Republicans do then? Because now they need him to win, So now do they line up behind him? Do they start defending him?
Speaker 1: Ew, you can't do that because that hurts the party nationally. You can't be seen standing next to a guy who won is accused of beating women and two keeping his daughter's favorite toy away from her while she's crying at night.
Speaker 3: And apparently is so dangerous. According to Senator Moreno, his former father in law that he actually had to take action with his wife, his daughter, and his granddaughter said he.
Speaker 4: Sent him out of the state. Robes.
Speaker 1: So he sent them out of the state and won't have them come back until they feel safe.
Speaker 4: Robes.
Speaker 1: The things are stacking up against this guy. Now, I understand Moreno, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: Robes.
Speaker 1: If they feel I don't think this is for shit, I don't. And if a US senator this is not left and right, a US senator, a credible guy is saying I had to send my family away because a member of the House of Representatives is so much of a threat. I need to get them away from him.
Speaker 4: Rose.
Speaker 1: That is a powerful statement, and that a very credible guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, And that's coupled with an earlier statement that he said, I hold my breath every time he is with my granddaughter, that he is nervous. Look, there have been allegations and he denied them about a broken collarbone, that he was somehow responsible. He says, not true. He was investigated, but according to Senator Moreno and members of his family, they believe Miller is responsible for that. So there have been very serious allegations against this congressman.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens on Monday, but even if nothing happens, that's a very big something, Ohio.
Speaker 4: We wanted to give you this.
Speaker 1: Update that for a moment when I first heard it, Robes, I'm like, this sounds silly, and then I heard it and it is very serious. Just what that suggests, and we don't know the back and forth, Robes, it gets very difficult and divorce one side or the other.
Speaker 4: But there was a child here.
Speaker 1: It just seems like this is a non We don't have to fight about this here.
Speaker 4: Baby, here's your bunny.
Speaker 3: Here's your blue bunny. Yes, just I can't imagine withholding something you know your child needs and wants because you can.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's more to that story, and I certainly hope there is.
Speaker 4: But for now, folks, we appreciate you spending a little time here with us on TJ. That's Robes. We'll talk to you soon.