Speaker 1: Hey, ba fan, Mandy here or Mandra you can call me Mandra and that's fine. I have a simple request for you, guys. We get so many questions on how you can support the show, and there's really a very very simple thing that we need you guys to do. Open up this app, open up wherever you're listening to this podcast right now, and subscribe if you have the ability, especially those of you who are on iTunes. We're really making a push to get the show more visible. You've seen that we've partnered with a fabulous new network called Westwood One. But we also need the support of our listeners. So if you are a listener, loyal listener, please subscribe, and if you haven't yet, take a few seconds and leave a five star review, and even a written review would be the icing on the cake. But at least subscribe, leave us a five star review, and continue to support the show. This is so so crucial. It is basically how we tell the Internet that our podcast is worth promoting and featuring and getting charted, and we deserve to be at the top of the charts just like any other show out out there. We can't do it without your support, so thank you very very much. Subscribe, like and review the show, and we thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Hey hey, hey, I'm not gonna lie. My back hurts. We're back, we're black, we're brown ambition. Hey Manajra, I pull my back.
Speaker 1: We're aging gracefully.
Speaker 2: I know between my arm surgery because I guess I'm sleeping this kind of a way to like not I sleep on my shoulder subconsciously and when I'm sleeping, and so now I've got a back pull. So I'm feeling one hundred and seven. But you know how you doing?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I'm by by comparison. I'm good, my back is not pulled. But I'm wondering is it time for some acupuncture? Do we need a massage therapist? Chiropractor?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm going to physical therapy. Like my arm is actually feeling better and better, but like you know, I'm just I know what it is because I felt when I woke up, I was in this odd position like with my shoulder kind of like you know, protecting itself, and I guess my back was like girl, what is this position?
Speaker 1: So why did we hurt ourselves in our sleep?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Like I was, I've been waking up with headaches, and I went to the dentist for the first time since the since quarantine, because I was like, I'm not about to get COVID to get a dental cleaning. I'm just flost moore floss more. But anyway, I finally went and she said, yeah, you probably you're grinding your teeth that night, and it just so happened. It was a two week period where I had a lot going on. It wasn't bad stress, but it was like I was clearly anxious in my sleep, and I'm like, can we not even get a break from our own selves now? Sleep? What is this? It's like, damn it. But well, I'm very I hope that your back feels better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, you know how you get a pull. It takes like some like some days, sometimes even a couple of weeks. I'm just like, ugh, but you know, I mean, I'm alive and I'm happy. Things are good, but you know, all to.
Speaker 1: Your body, Listen to your body. I do want to take a moment because the just to acknowledge what's going on in the Asian American community. It's been going on for the past solid year, this rise in anti Asian hate crimes and even though they won't call them hate crimes, just just crazy criminal activity toward Asians, unnecessary violence. And what happened last week in Atlanta, really I think it just shooks. Yeah, it was horrendous, it was it was shocking, it was disgusting, it was tragic, and I just wanted to let our listeners know and if any you know, everyone who supports Brown Ambition and beyond, and if you're Asian American, we stand with you. And if there's anything we can do to be allies to you and your time of need, let us know. And we hope that you guys are if you're doing well, and if you have Asian American friends and family, check in on them, check in on them, ask how they're doing. I've tried to do that thoughtfully the past week. And I speaking from experience, what happened, you know, after last summer's social unrest, after George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, I appreciated those messages just to check in and see how you're doing. So, yeah, check in. And my heart goes out to those those families, man, those families and those women who were murdered senselessly and the customers too. It was I just don't it's it's heartbreaking, it truly is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just can't even imagine so well, I just don't get it. I'm like, what, I honestly can't wrap my mind around how you could hate someone, someone you don't know, for the color of their skin, the race that they are, so much so that you would do something so egregious, and then how it's excused, you know, like he was having a bad day, just a bad day. No, that's what he said. Yes.
Speaker 1: The way that that officer at that press conference was trying to it was almost like he his tone was very much like, calm down, everybody. This young man he has, this gentleman has, you know, admitted to the crime, and he was having a bad day, and he had what he perceived to be a temptation and a sexual addiction and he and he needed to what murder eight people. I just it just it was bad, bad, bad for that share I don't know, Sheriff's department, a law enforcement in general, and to coeo oh, no, another white man inflict mass a mass shooting on this country and walk away, you know, unscathed.
Speaker 2: Unscathed, literally Mike Brown, Hey, we think we think he stole a cigar, you know, Garner.
Speaker 1: George Floyd. I just a counterfeit twenty dollars bill, was it?
Speaker 2: I mean? And then people are like, well, you know, so people deserve to die for that. But this man literally killed murdered eight people. And I'm not suggesting the police should have shot him dead were he it was? But like, but then all this compassion for him and like, oh were they were they working legally? So does that mean that people could just ooh? I think I think there's some people who might not have their green card, so me, as a citizen could just go and do whatever I want. I just honestly, I'm exhausted, and I just I don't know, Like, I don't know what it takes for people to say, like enough is enough? Is enough is enough? And you know, does it take for like every single marginalized group to be brutally attacked before we band together to say no more? You know?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think in a sad way, it's an inflection point for everyone to better understand what Asian Americans have gone through in this country. And I have very close friends who are from the Asian American community very close to me, and I, even as a person of color, as a woman of color, wasn't one hundred percent aware of what they felt day to day. I guess I just took for granted because I think there is this there's this deep divide in the Asian American community, and I've been reading about this. Economically, you know, you have there's this perception that Asian Americans are better off, and they you know, they're better off than other minorities and financially economically speaking, that they're doing well, that they're the model minority. I've even heard out there, yes, but the lived experience, no one's. I don't feel like we've bothered to ask Asian Americans like what sort of experience do you have day to day? And what sort of experience do your parents have? And my closest front, you know, I don't want to put her so I don't want to tell a story that's not mine, but I admire her so much. Her parents are immigrants from Vietnam came over. You know, their story is just extraordinary. And her mom, her mom owns a hair salon in Atlanta, and she's having her mother put up signs that say, you know, we're keeping our doors locked, ring the doorbell and we will come, and it's just surreal. I mean, I don't I don't know. I haven't know. I haven't known what to say to her, and all I can say is just I'm sorry. And we should all be learning and listening to our Asian American brothers and sisters today the same way we, you know, would want to be listen to and have our pain acknowledged and not not minimalized because what we think they must be going through.
Speaker 2: No, I totally agree. I don't know, like a well, you know Jason Vtag, like you know, he's part of like you know, the financial Yeah, so he you know, Jason's pretty quiet. If you guys follow him, he's awesome. He's got this awesome brand called Frugal but it's spelled like p h r o O g a L. And you know, he's just like a friend in finance, but just a friend in real life too. But you know that. So he's been posting and sharing some of the stories of what people have called him and how he's been treated, and you know, you just he's like the sweetest, quietest guy. You would never know all this all of this pain was beneath that, and I just just really proud of him for sharing, you know, on social and just it just whenever you share your story, people get an opportunity to grow and to learn.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, yeah, and for the rest of us, it's our turn to shut up and listen. Yes, I'm trying. I haven't done such a great job trying to be an ally myself, but I'm trying, and I'm learning to shut up and listen. And you know, this all happened in the past week too, alongside that news at the editor in chief at teen Vogue. Yeah, a young black woman, Alexi Ma Cammond. I mean this situation, you want to talk about it for a little bit, because it was all happening at the same time. Yes, and it's been painful for me to see that go down. As a black woman in media and journalism. You want to see your sisters, you want to be happy for them. It's really painful for me to see what's happened. So Alexi, she was just named teen Vogue editor in chief a couple of weeks ago. It feels like it was not that long ago. She hadn't even started yet, and the Asian American staff at teen Vogue basically wrote a petition against her hire because she it had been uncovered a couple of years ago that she had tweeted some really stupid, really racist things about yes that pain was like what idiotic things when she was old.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say she was seven because she's like, what twenty seven now, so this is about ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Ten years ago, yeah, which is nuts. I mean, she was so young now, but you know, even younger then. But those tweets were already out in the public because when she was a reporter for Axios. They I think it was after she was named the Emerging Journalist of the Year from the NABJ National Association of Black Journalists, those tweets were uncovered. And again when she called out Charles Barkley for using some aggressive language toward her, the tweets were resurfaced again. You know Twitter, uh, the Twitter, uh, Twitter, Roddy, whatever you want to call them. They will go and find those social media demons, and it led to her. She finally resigned before she'd even had a first day on the job. I think last week Friday. The days are blurring together, but I mean it was the kind of accountability that I understand. And it's it's a small consolation, I think to to the staff at teen Vogue who really probably felt like w t F you know, and this was not the thing that's like, it wasn't unlike it was known the tweets, you know. So the fact that Anna Wintour and whoever at Conde and asked thought saw that and said, eh, it's okay, she said sorry, kind of it was. It was difficult to see. But I'm I hope that she's learning and growing from it, and I don't I don't wish ill of her at all as another black woman, and I like we're all growing and learning and just it's pain on all sides for me.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so crazy because it's I as a you know, as a black woman. It's rare that I'm on the other side to see what it must feel like to the person, you know, because as a black woman, I could see, like, you know, how on it just seems it's just being strange to not because if someone were to say they're working at like Essence or something like that, and then it was uncovered later like you know that this person used all these racial slurs. I mean, because I've read it. They you know, it wasn't these weren't light things. These were really terrible things. I'd be like, I don't care if she was five, That's what I would think. Yeah, you know, like I'd be like, I don't care if she's five years old. This is especially during what's happening now with you know, Black Lives Matter movement. This is an especially sensitive time and so I can see on the other side, if I was Asian American, I would feel the same. I mean, I can say, you know, you know, I could say like, oh, she's just seventeen, but I look at Supergirl, my stepdaughter, and she's fourteen, and I thought at fourteen, definitely, you know, she has a lot of growing to do, but she has a sense of right and wrong. I'm not saying that she's not on douse. We really try to monitor her social media, you know, but you know, kids get away and do whatever they want. But yeah, I have a hard time because yes, I want to see my sisters rise, and you know, certainly something like this carrying you like through the rest of your life. No matter what you do, someone's going to bring it up. But at the same time as someone who's been on the other side of seeing people be like, well he was twenty five, Well he was, and then being the you know, the people on the other side who are always asked to forget and let it go. I can understand like if Asian Americas is like, I'm not because honestly I feel the same, you know that, like, I'm not willing to give people passes for past transgressions that are egregious and multiple. Yeah, you know, so I can although like I'm like, yes, I love to see my sister's right. But if girl you wrong, you you're wrong. And you know, I don't think you know. And I know because a lot of my friends on social who or Asian they're like, you know, everybody went up for Black Lives Matter. We felt they felt unseen and unheard because you know, they're considered, you know, like there's some privilege there. And so I know that, you know, I just know that they like they feel it's you know, people are seeing and hearing them, and so I don't want to take that away despite the fact that you know she was. But I can understand. No, it's hard because you're like, oh man, it's such an awesome opportunity and I'm not gonna lie. I don't want to say her name because I'm I did not want to drag up. But there was a really good friend of mine who had a huge Twitter storm and social media storm around her a couple of years ago. It was really bad and I'm not gonna lie. It had me looking through my Twitter like have I ever said anything? Because it's scary? Have I ever? Like you know, I was like, oh my gosh, like have I? And I didn't think so, but you don't, you know, I don't remember every single thing I posted it, but I don't know that I was using Twitter.
Speaker 1: In that way challenge Tiffany, although I don't think our listeners weren't yeah no, no, but fact same fear, you know.
Speaker 2: And so I can understand where you're coming from, because I'm definitely like, uh, you know, like I don't. I don't know if I've said anything that would require me to be like yikes and so and who knows what. I also, I want to offer grace in space, but I also want to give people the space to say hey, no, So I can understand both sides, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I even struggle trying and I made the mistake of sharing my view with my good friend who's Asian American and dealing with all this trauma. That was stupid. And I'm just going to publicly apologize to her. I've already apologized to her privately. No one needs to hear me be afraid of what this means for me and my Twitter history. Like, no, that is not I'm glad, but Tiffany and I we can talk about it. But yes, absolutely, And just from a career standpoint, I have just seen two. I mean, maybe just because I'm in journalist, I've been in journalism circles for so long and maybe it's more common, but even people who aren't in journalism. I've got a relative who was fired from Delta because she made a comment on a Facebook thread on like a news channel's Facebook page about a racial injustice. She made a comment there and someone saw it and she lost a job. So listen, it's not a freedom of speech thing because companies are private companies. You know they can they It's an at will employment situation, Y'allso just to caution, and nothing is private and there's no line I don't think between being an employee and then being a person. Honestly, if you say something dumb enough, you're you're definitely gonna lose job. And if you don't work for a nine to five still, you can lose advertisers clients. So yeah, I just think twice before you before you post and listen. You can download did you know? You can download a Twitter history? Like you can download every tweet you've ever tweeted and then search and see what's in there. You can. It takes a while, but it's a thing. So I'm just saying, if y'all are sweating it, you might want to try. But speaking of another prominent African American figure, we we don't talk much about this particular person, but we do. We have talked about he who must not be named d What are we calling him? D R? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, who is talking about a day amz Ray?
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna say his name Dave Ramsey.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start calling him mister bankrupt.
Speaker 1: Like the opposite of the monopoly man. So really quick, because the listener actually reached out and they were like, did you see the biblicalty on this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do tell, pray, tell, we love. We should have a segment called tea time. Uh yeah, So I mean, not again, not to relish anyone's downfall, but this was just a real example of the hypocrisy of Dave Ramsey's solutions. So it had come out that in some reporting, and we published a story. We had posted a link to the story in the show notes. I forget now what the what the news organization was called, But it had come to light that Chris Hogan, one of Dave Ramsey's prominent what do you want to call them, like one of his internal gurus, like one of his his his people, is very prominent figures out there, and he's he actually came out and issued a statement on this, and he acknowledged she had some misconducts conduct girl ger he cheated, he cheated, and his wife has a blog and you can check it out, you know.
Speaker 2: And in the way the company like what is that? There was? Was it the Religious Times the article that was so damning?
Speaker 1: Yes, I the name of it. Yeah, it was something like that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, And she that was part of it where she talked about how, you know, because they have a moral conduct code where people haven't let go for less and she went to the company to say, hey, there I don't know if it was. I think it was women actually actually at the actual job that he had been inappropriate with. So he went and they basically intimidated the wife. It was like, you know, go ahead on because you know, he was one of their big money makers. I guess he was just so mussy that they, you know, they finally decided to, you know, let him go. I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, meanwhile, I've been searching around. There's actually a complaint, a lawsuit filed against the company by a woman who claims that she was fired for being pregnant because she hadn't because she was not married to her partner. She was fired, and she was fired and they told her to her face. This is gonna be I don't know, the easiest EEOC case ever, because they told her to her face like you're in violation of our righteous living clause. So righteous living at Dave Ramsey basically means you can cheat on your wife, but definitely don't have premarital sex with your partner. So she's filed a lawsuit, and it'll be interesting to see how that all shakes out. But yeah, Chris Hogan is out. He I don't know, it just sounds like they let him go, which is is very sad, but it just shows you, like the hypocrisy man to have this righteous living clause, but it's not it doesn't apply to everyone clearly, so it does not even mean anyway. So there's your your biblical tea for the day.
Speaker 2: Well this is not biblical tea. But I wanted to hear something. I was like, oh, the foolishness. Well, I mean, it's not the buzzy buzzworthy today, I know it is very buzzy. So I saw like on Twitter, I was like, why is Kyllie Jenner trying to trendy? And normally I don't care, but I saw Kylie Jenner sixty thousand dollars. I'm like, h that seems like not a lot of money for a Kylie Jenner. What's this about? So apparently Kylie Jenner's makeup artist, who obviously plays a major role in her life because you know, like makeup is a huge component, like that's where she makes pose to her wealth, was in a really bad car accident and as a result, actually it needs brain surgery. She posted a gofund me where she was like, you know, can you help, you know, pay for his surgery, and people lit her up. I'm guessing yes, So she personally donated five thousand dollars. Mandy, Oh, Mandy, if you need a brain surgery, I got you for ten, you know what I mean. But you know what I mean, like five, Like not that ten thousand dollars was a little bit of money, but not someone who's important to me that needs brain surgery in order to stay alive. I mean, you know what I mean, Like yeah, for someone who is well. We all know that she like falsified some of her her her filings to become the Forbes youngest. They've since rescinded. But still, this is a very wealthy, wealthy, wealthy young woman. And someone said, like this is what Princess Mia ninety five on Instagram or Twitter tweeted, which is so true. She said, it's not even about the fact that she won't pay for for the surgery herself. But every single last one of Kylie Jenner's sisters is a millionaire, Her parents are millionaires, her friends are millionaires. But she asked the middle class for money this family. It's true, Like let's just say, like, you know, she could just really be like Kim, like this is my you know, because if you ever watched Kylie, like you know, her lives or her whatever like videos, whatever, she's really close to. They're all young, really close to her team. So this is someone she considers friend and probably partially like her family. And I'm not saying that she owes it to this person to pay their medical bills, but it's like the audacity to post it, do you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just out of touch. I'm sure she was like, I'm gonna do a nice thing and share this link. So generous, but sixty k like she probably earned that while she was like honestly on the phone.
Speaker 2: And you put in five thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah out, Well, you do remember that story of a lady Gaga's dad, he like started a gofund me last year after the pandemic hit to pay his restaurant workers, and she was like, I'm horrified that he did that, but it's uh. And then I think her dog walker, the dog walker that uh that was shot walking her dogs. From that story, there was a balthu on me for his fees. But I feel like Goga probably hasn't covered no.
Speaker 2: I think I read somewhere that she that she paid his medical fees.
Speaker 1: I mean she was paying half a MILLI wait, yeah, half a million dollars for information about the dogs. I'm like, can Yeah, I thought that was like, h wealthy people just you know, messing up. Just yeah, anyway, that's you know. Ugh, we said Kylie, We said Dave Ramsey. I'm sorry, y'all. Yeah, said their names out loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. But I mean, you know, here's the thing, like I said, because honestly, you can do whatever you want with your money. Obviously you have the free will and the choice. But it's just kind of like, uh, it is kind of out of touch, especially with so many people struggling now. And let's just say, for whatever reason, like this is not her makeup artist or you know, because people are like this is this she might not even know him or whatever. But if you really, if you're wanting to help and serve in that way, you could just literally just ask your friends, the people in your house right now could chip in and make this happen, versus literally reaching out to people who have been let go living in quarantine and pandemic, lost jobs, people who are literally waiting for stimulus money in order to pay bills, like you know what I mean, like, this is not normal time. So even if this is not your makeup ar, it's not your for whatever. The fact that you could just turn to your inner circle and handle this versus asking regular everyday people who are actually struggling. Girl stop so you know, child, But you know I'm like, m you ain't say nothing but a word, jold. I'm gonna read up on this, this Chris Hogan thing, because I yeah, I just hope this is why you know, manjoin I always say, we don't wan believing, we don't not even not really, we don't believe in gurus that we're your financial girlfriends because I don't think it's smart to get every single piece of financial advice from one person because how possibly can they know all things? Imagine if your doctor you're like, ooh I broke my leg, I can fix that. Oh my tooth, I can fix that. I need my back crack, I could do that. How how can your one doctor be an expert in every single component? He would be like a buffet business. You never go to buffets for your favorite food because they're only okay at everything. And that's what you get when you have someone who's like come, to me for all your things. It's like it's good to mix and match because then you can have discernment over you know what that actually doesn't make sense, you know. Like Nativa, she's one of my favorite go tos a Kruger credit nie stuff for all things credit, because she like devotes her life to credit knowledge, you know. And like Sandy, if I'm talking about side hustles and how to make money outside of your job, or even how to actually make money while at your job, Sandy had devoted years and years to research about how best to do this, So of course you're gonna lean to her. You know. I got the budgeting girl. My name is budgetista. That's what I do, you know. And so I just share all of that because I think it's this is a lesson that hopefully people who are still d are fans to know that it's okay, you know, if that's any He certainly has some advice that is helpful, but like the fact that his advice is only take his advice is harmful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that they don't they're not even willing to give medical maternity benefits to a young woman on their staff.
Speaker 2: Girls.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I would love to see this. You gotta read this complaint to in this court. And I was kind of reading like the judges response and stuff like how do you define righteous living? And I'm sorry, are you going to present a list of everyone's past sexual history so you can see if this has been applied equally across employees?
Speaker 2: And first of all, what part of the Bible is that? I just don't even what Jesus do? You know, because I'm like, sir, literally, really Jesus hung out with tax collectors, prostitute people like he His thing was, I want to invite those folks in to hopefully, you know that through the way I live, that they will elevate, elevate the way they live. He was not about banishing folks. So it's I just don't know what god these people serve, the God of money, you know, because it's certainly not you know, the God of the Bible that they profess to serve. You know, it's just not I just like, literally, nowhere does it say that that you turn someone away, you push someone out. It's literally the opposite, the literal opposite.
Speaker 1: Please never put me on a pedestal. I just don't want to fall.
Speaker 2: Yes, please, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm readily here.
Speaker 2: That's why I love my own tea. I'm like, oh child, let me tell you how somebody took me for all my money and I had foreclosure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna because that. You can't pretend like you're perfect, because you're just asking yourself for you know, just asking yourself for someone to find some dirt on you. Andrew Cuomo. Okay, so shall we move on to questions real quick and take a quick break.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was a lot of some buzzy tea.
Speaker 1: All right, so we are back with your questions. And actually there's a really fun new way for you guys to send us questions. You can actually call or text us. Did you know what.
Speaker 2: Toll we fancy?
Speaker 1: Fancy? It's also kind of old school, you know, just like pick up the phone, call your friends. Let's call it the money the Brand Ambition Hotline hot hotline. So let me share that number with you if y'all want to share it. You can still, you know, get your questions to us the old fashioned ways through IGDM or through email at brandambisionpodcast at gmail dot com. But if you'd like to call our hotline and leave a voicemail, or text us. You can reach us at eight four four eight five eight eight zero eight zero. That's eight four four eight five eight eight zero eight zero. We can't wait to listen to your questions and we might feature you on the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, love it.
Speaker 1: But in the meantime, let's shake up this mail bag. We have a couple of questions from people who are thinking about so. As you guys might know, mortgage rates are still creeping. They're creeping up a little bit, but they're still historically very very low. And for people who have a lot of equity in their home, meaning that their home is valued more than their existing balance on their mortgage, that's equity, and you can often borrow against that equity, which means you're saying, hey, bank, I've got like fifty thousand dollars worth of equity in my home. Why don't you do you give me a cash loan for ten thousand dollars and give it to me at a lower rate, and I will secure it with my home. That's basically what a home equity loan is. That's why they call it a second mortgage, because you are using your home again as collateral on that home equity loan. And the benefit to you is that you get the loan at a lower rate because again you're offering collateral, so the bank feels a little bit more secure loaning it out to you. And some people have found themselves more and more in that position this year because demand for houses is going up a lot of places people are staying put and they're saying, what can I do with all this equity lying around? Thank you for entertaining my indulging, my quick little this definition, and just feel like let's start from the beginning, all right, So let me get to these questions, all right. This a couple of listeners. So question one comes from Instagram. She says, what are your thoughts on using a home equity line of credit to pay off a mortgage? Quicker? I have about fifteen fifteen years left in my thirty year mortgage. However, due to having student loan debt I took on for my children, I cannot tap into the equity I now have. That means no cash out refinance for me. My debt to income ratio is too high. Despite having no credit card debt and a credit score of seven hundred, I'm paying double the going interest rate and frankly, I want to give these banks the finger. I saw this as a strategy, but I want to know what y'all think. Wait, what what are your thoughts? I'm gonna start from the beginning. What are your thoughts on using a home equity loan line of credit to pay off a mortgage? Quicker, I have about fifteen years left, so you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Yees, come like, wait, so is it the same house or two different houses?
Speaker 1: It seems like the you know what, No, it seems like the same house.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can't borrow. That wouldn't work because then when you're taking out a home equity loan against your current house, that's just an additional mortgage.
Speaker 2: Yes it's a new more so, it's a new mortgage, so you would owe that moreage. So, for example, just think about credit cards, right, So let's just say you say I owe ten thousand dollars on this credit card. Yikes, And you're like, you know what, I'm going to take out a cash advance of ten thousand dollars on this credit card. Let's just say, for whatever crazy reason, they give you the ten So now you owe instead of ten thousand dollars you owe twenty. Now you use that ten to pay off the old loan who it's paid off. But wait, I still owe ten because I owe the ten on the new loan. So that's how that would work. So unless the only way I could think about this is if they meant that it's two separate houses that you were pulling out equity from one house to pay off, you know, the mortgage on another house. That's the only way I could see that.
Speaker 1: I think it took me a couple of times reading this, but I'm actually very interested in this because so I think what this listener is saying she once remain anonymous, is that so she has fifteen years left on her mortgage she has. So the key things that a mortgage lender is looking at when they are seeing if you qualify or not, and it's very or the underwriting process or like the vetting process for getting a home equity loan as it is for a traditional mortgage, because it's basically the same thing, just probably a lower amount. Anyway, So the key things when you're applying for a mortgage that they're looking for is what your DTI your debt income ratio. That's how much your monthly debt payments are versus your monthly income and then your credit score. And she's saying her credit score is actually good at seven hundred, but she has a lot of student loans that she took on for her children. Sounds like she might have co signed them or taken them out herself, and she's not able to qualify for a refi because she's saying that the mortgage she has now stay with me is double the going interest rate that's being offered. She says, so, I think what's happening is like a lot of homeowners with mortgages right now who have rates that are a lot higher than what's the going rate right now. It's what three something I forget or even lower. It's been lower than three. She's saying, like the standard thing would be to do a refine, right yase, yeah, because then I could get a lower interest rate and save money, but because of her high debt balance, she can't do that. We we we with you now.
Speaker 2: Putting down.
Speaker 1: So her idea is so with a home equity loan, basically this is like a I mean, the underwriting process is still similar because you are, like, you know, applying for a loan from a bank and your home is securing it that maybe she'll get qualified for a home equity loan that would help her pay off her mortgage a little bit quicker. I still don't know if you qualify, because they're going to look at your DTI too, and they're going to consider that new home equity loan part of your debt. When they do that, like they're going to say, I don't know. I mean, I mean you can try. I'm actually could you try and let us know? Because I'm very curious.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, because although it might be easier because to her point that you know, the houses, the the collateral, you know, yeah, so I mean you never Here's the thing I ask, like, don't say, hey, I'm doing this has a way to get around just say, you know, like I would. I would reach out to like a mortgage broker and just ask and just say, you know, hey, this is what I was thinking. Because then you you to your point. But the only thing is Manda, what about she hmmm cash out REFI Is that what she's trying to do, because like.
Speaker 1: She might want to kill two brands with one stone, like refin her mortgage, but with the cash out REFI you actually take cash out at the same time, so maybe she's thinking refine refinance, so let I get a lower rate check and then take cash out. So but then put it right back, Yeah, put it right back.
Speaker 2: I mean it's possible. It's possible because we were going to do a cash out refly and basically to your point, well, it's did well because our house is paid off. So I don't know. It wasn't like am I swapping a mortgage, you know, basically want to swap one mortgage for another. I had It's worth a try. I don't know. I'm not a mortgage brokeer, so I don't know if that would be you know, if they allow it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I also think, you know, if it's true that you've got student loan debt that you've took taken on for your children, but your credit score is seven hundred, you know, I wonder if a bank would be willing to work with you even with your the amount of student loan debt and doesn't sound like you have you know, check to see if you've been pre approved for refinance, but maybe you should try you know, credit Union and with the you know, I don't know what kind of student loan debt. It is, or if you have like let's say it's federal and then you have access to an income based repayment plan, maybe there's a way, because it does. You know, it's it sucks if you're a homeowner and I have family in the same position, Like they lost their jobs last year, but their rate is like six percent. They'd love to refinance, but they can't because a bank needs to see employments for yes, so you're just stuck. It's just like, it's another example of how the financial institutions and the way that financial systems work just don't work for poor people and people. Yeah, it's a shame. But thank you for this really challenging question. Yes, I just like talking about home equity loans. Okay, here's a similar one too, so uh wait a second, Oh oh this is why. So this is actually not a question. She's just sharing a win with us. Can we share a win from a listener?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love that.
Speaker 1: We're down with that. Okay, wants to remain anonymous, but she says, I've been listening to your show and it's made me think more wisely about the money decisions that I make. So I decided to do a second mortgage and pay off all my credit card debt. The interest rate I got on my home equity loan was way lower. Some of my cards had interest rates of over twenty percent. I was able to get a home equity loan at four percent and paid off all my credit card debt the icing on the cake. My credit score increased by ninety five points. Just wanted to thank my money BFFs. In my head, that's wonderful. Okay, that's like more traditional and this is you know, there's pros and cons to that, right, taking out a home equity loan. Again, the pro is that because you're securing it with collateral being your house, the bank is willing to give you a decent much a much lower rate than you might get from like a credit card. And that is yeah, that is something that you can do with that money. It's yours to do with what you as you wish whenever you get it. So using it to consolidate credit card debt is is an option for sure.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I was like, and you did it right now because now you owe but at a rate that is significantly less, So that is definitely a win. Sometimes like the reason why. You hear some financial gurus and stuff say like, oh, basically you're trading debt for debt. No, I mean, yes, you are. You're trading a debt for debt, but less expensive debt. You're trading less expensive debt, and the key is to really pay down that less expensive debt, not to run the other debt back up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just put those cards away. That's what you have to do. That's the key.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: When I used to work for a company where we would help match people to different loan options, the sad thing was how many repeat customers there were for loans like this and for personal loans because or debt consolidation loans, because yeah, it was just like a band aid. I'm going to get this loan, pay off my high interest debt, and I'm gonna you know, I have this feeling of like I've done something, I'm taking care of it, and then the old habits rear their ugly heads again.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this.
Speaker 2: Was one of the reasons why these companies love them. Not you, girl, that's not what you're going to do. But I'm yes saying you want to be just mindful. I tell people, you know, yourself best. You know, like, if you know you're not quite ready to pay off any kind of debt, whether it's expensive or otherwise, then you know, get to a place where you do feel ready that if you chew trade in your expensive debt for your less expensive debt through refinancing, through balanced transfer, whatever that looks like, then you know, because it could really be beneficial. That's how that was one of the ways I was able to dig myself out of that scam that I experience in my twenties is that I transferred all of that debt, that thirty five thousand dollars in credit card debt to credit cards that had the zero percent interest rate, And so I was able to pay it off by doing that, you know, and so because I was ready to really like stick to it. So it's helpful if you're ready to stick to it, but can actually be very harmful if you're not.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad that it worked out for you. Yeah, Anonymous, I wish we could say your name, but go girl, that's amazing it is that this is just the beginning of a fresh start for you. Is that a jump like Jordan moved tip ninety five points? Yes, girl, jump like Jordan, not to steal your catchphrase, drift do I owe you now a real girl?
Speaker 2: Please? That's not even my cashphrase. He like, I want to go for my U that said jump like Jordan. Girl, it was gone. I was like, you know what, I ain't even mad, bro, I was supposed to say all that because someone said girl. I was trying to share my jump like Jordan YouTube video with my cousin. I can't find it. I was like, really jump like ooh. He was like, not up in here.
Speaker 1: That's like when I try and post a cute video. I think I posted a cute video of me and the baby dancing and Instagram was like, we're taking that down because you do not have that blumah song. You know you're not the owner of that song anyway. All right, sweet, let's take one more quick question. This one I thought was interesting and let me see another anonymous listener that's mine, no judgment. Interesting question though, So this question is she says, I'm considering leaving a semi government job that I've had for twelve years to go to a financial planning position where the company is on a growth path. When they asked me about my salary, range. I gave a range just a few thousand more than what I make now. I responded quickly because I wanted to show my excitement and interest. I did my thorough job salary search after I submitted my range and realized I was short changing myself by five thousand dollars at least out they're still interviewing, as I've gone through two of three rounds. When they offered me the job. I love that she's like, when not if? When they offer me the job and they stay within my range, should I counteroffer based on my research even if it's outside the salary range that I stated Originally? I know I want this job and I don't want to ruin my chances for getting my foot in the door.
Speaker 2: I had a yes, but I don't know. I feel like, you know, you you are our career, our career go to what do you what.
Speaker 1: Do you have something? I mean, what if you know? What if you like, you know a speaker or a speaker I don't know. Speaking. Engagement was like hey can you do this? And you're just like so excited, You're like, yeah, I'll do it for twenty K. And then you find out that, huh, I've done that you have you find out you could have gotten more? What would you do in that case?
Speaker 2: Girl? I ate the loss, but I don't know if I should have, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my friend actually asked me this not that long ago. He was in the middle of interviewing for jobs in media and he did the same thing, like someone reached out and and listen. I've it on the hiring side, and often it makes it makes the job a little bit easier to see if you can afford someone, if you kind of get a sense of what they're thinking, and if they tell you a range that's like really crazy high, then you can say, okay, maybe you're out of our price range. So yeah, recruiters will sometimes ask that question, or even hiring managers just to kind of like weed out people who may be way out of their price range. But you don't have to answer. It's okay not to answer, but listen, the damage has been done. She's answered, and so did my friend who asked me the same question. And my advice to them was absolutely go back and ask for more. Listen, there's no like, it's not over till it's over. And honestly, you shouldn't. I mean, just go confidently, and especially because you did it early, go confidently into that job offer and say, you know, when I was first talking to you, I'm new to this profession. I'm leaving a job with different responsibilities. I've heard what you guys have had to say about this position, and I actually think that a more reasonable range would be X, Y Z and absolutely, and I would say, you know, even if you get the offer back, still just say hey, I would like a high. I feel like it's just good practice when you get your first offer to counteroffer and have a reason for doing it, but to counteroffer, and all the worst they can do is say no, you're not. I personally feel confident that you most likely will not lose the job at that point, Like they have invested so much time into hiring you. Interviews take a long time, hiring is a pain in the you know what, and they don't want to go back to ground, to the starting point, you know, so when you're at the negotiating stage, you know, when you've got your offer, you can absolutely go back. And I would say, do it confidently. It's like an email to HR at the most, you know, and if they say no, they say no. But I highly doubt you would risk not getting the job just because of that and.
Speaker 2: Because here's the thing, you don't want to be like me and that Like I had this gut feeling because it was a series of speaking engaged, so was it was compounded, and it was like every time it was a five part like series. Every time I spoke, I was you know, you know want that in your life.
Speaker 1: I just picture you to like, right, I mean I guess we can talk about right, like what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean your credit score? Girls pick up? Yeah, so you don't want that kind of energy because you know, you don't want to be working there with like, you know, a little bitterness. So like one of the things I'm working on is not choosing safety when safety is guaranteed, meaning that.
Speaker 1: Like easier said than done.
Speaker 2: It is very but that's why I'm working on a girl, We're working on off working on it right, meaning that like let's just say it's almost for example, like how you still polic for college and they're like, Okay, here's your schools. Your safety school is Rutgers, Your your your dream schools Emory, and your reach is Princeton. Why just apply to Rutgers and go there. If I know one hundred percent I can go to Rutgers. Why not try for Princeton. Oh I didn't get Print, so then I go for Emory Or I didn't get Emory. Okay, well, I I know Rutgers is definitely gonna say yes. So that's really the key. Like if you it, you know that you can always get that salary, you know, why not go for the gusto and see if you can reach for more? Because Tomandy's point, they put a lot of time and energy. I'm just telling you right now, we just hired a new person for our finance team, a controller to really help with like our numbers and financial component at the Literature Academy. Girl, that was a six month process to find her. You think I'm trying to do that again, right you?
Speaker 1: Sorry? I got very loud.
Speaker 2: No, it's true, but I don't you know what I mean. Like, so if someone want to come to me and say, hey, Tavin, look, I'm just gonna make up a number, you know, I you know, I know, I said I wanted ten dollars, but I was really like, oh, I should have really said twelve. I'd be like, honestly, let me look at the budget, because since what we're not going to do is like, if it's within the budget, I'm not risk letting her go because I don't have six months to look for a new finance person. I just it was so hard to find you, you know. So Mandy is right, and me, as someone who employs people, I absolutely agree. If I think you're amazing and the budget can can hold it, then I'm willing to negotiate to make it work because I'm like, uh, it's a lot of time and efforts, is no you we go together? Now, you ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've used this and I've meant it when I've used it in the past when I've been asking for more and I'm a sweat and under the arm puts because it's like a lot more than I had owned or earned it my previous job. But I have said the truth, which is that, you know, I really see this as a long term job for me. It's not just the next the place I'm going to be at for the next couple of years. It's a place where I want to be for several years. And I also really want to be excited. I want compensation to reflect how excited I am. And how perfect I am for this job. So can we get those things closer together? And then you have a number in mind. But yeah, I definitely think that you should. Hopefully you didn't send this question that long ago. Hopefully we got you in time. Yes, let us definitely go back, let us know, let us know. All right, Well, thank y'all again for your questions. Let me get the phone number again, you know, if y'all want to drop us a little voicemail six.
Speaker 2: Seven five to you. No, don't go he I know it's not that.
Speaker 1: I know we need like we need the Seleno and Barnes jingle.
Speaker 2: We do you know industry.
Speaker 1: Again confusing, that's some good marketing.
Speaker 2: I'm such a latchkey kid, because that's like the stuff that you like. You know, just watch a TV where you give home. That was my.
Speaker 1: Babysitter and Georgia it was mont Licking Associates. You don't have to settle for love, Okay, our number though, because that's what you're here to talk to you, right, You can leave us a voicemail on our hotline eight four four eight five eight eight zero eight zero eight four four eight five eight eight zero eight zero. You can leave us a voicemail. You can text us and you may actually hear your voice. That's the cool thing about it. On the show, asking us your questions. Now, don't read us a long, long statement. Don't tell us what.
Speaker 2: Don't tell your name if you don't want us to say it. Don't say my name is Anna, but but don't say my name. Just don't say just.
Speaker 1: Don't say it. Make up a name, my name is Darley, and use a voice descrieser whatever you want to do. But yeah, I'm excited to see what comes through. Thanks y'all for your questions, and let's get onto the last and final segment.
Speaker 2: It's it's time to boostop break or boo? Stop break? Are you gonna boost? Are you gonna break? Are you gonna cheer? Or say? I can't take anymore? I mean, you know, I felt like I had it, but then I lost it, but then I you know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna scoop it up and hand it back to you.
Speaker 2: How you gonna boost? Are you I'm gonna pressally do a boosty breaky? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna boost? Yes, I'm definitely gonna boost. And one more time, just to our our Asian American brothers and sisters staying with you, and and my heart goes out to you and just so much love. But I wanted to do a boost because I read that Wyoming has its first black sheriff in one hundred and thirty years. What one hundred and thirty years? So this man's name Aaron Apple. I almost at Apple sauce. Aaron Apple hoos Apple hoss, bless you. In the New York Times, they had a story about him. It's a really, really a cool little profile. But first black man, he's got his dreads, he looks amazing. First black sheriff in Wyoming. That cannot be an easy job. So shout out to Aaron and congrats on making news first but not the last.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, no, that's awesome. So I think i'll do my my break. My break is pretty light, but and then i'll boost because it's always nice to end on a good note. So this break goes out to which I'm sure the very lovely couple who was getting married recently, and you were at Michaels and Michaels was closing. It was six fifty and Michael's closest at seven. You in front of me in the frame line, and you were framing some cute little thing for your wedding, which no problem. The lady goes in the back. She say's gonna take a little minute. Okay. I waited for you know, I don't know, ten minutes for her to put your thing in the in the in the frame or whatever. I waited patiently. Girl, had my headphones on, I was listening to podcasts. I was good until you said, can I check out here? And I was like, meanwhile, Michael's is basically empty, and so you could go to the front to check out framing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like getting checked out at like the Farmer Center, at like you know, at like Walgreens, you know, like resk. Go to the front because I'm waiting to get my stuff framed. So because I printed out like a poster of the book. So that way when I do like press interviews whatever, like video, you know, you can see the book behind me. Got like I want and so like I saw like love you do, I'm like, ook, I like it stealing that idea. And I saw Nicole Walters do it for her new show She's the Boss, and I was like, oh, I'm going to do that. So I was just like, oh, okay, so I'm waiting. I'm waiting, I'm waiting, and they were like, can you check out here? So I was like internally, oh boy, but you know what, honestly, he's still patient. Then it was like, oh wait, I think we want a different frame because they were buying all these frames for their wedding. So the fiance the woman runs to the aisle to get something else. Oh wait, actually I forgot we have a twenty percent of coupak. Can you use this? Wait? Can you avoid that? Mandy?
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my, oh my god, I'm enraged for you. I'm behind you in the line wanting to kick someone.
Speaker 2: Girl, And I try not to be the person that like visibly huffs and puffs in line, because you know, I'm like, god, I want to make picking of any phone cums by Literally it just escaped. I said, you gotta be kidding me. And then I was like when was that out loud? Because they turned and looked at me, and I was like, I mean, is it possible that you guys can go to the front place, because honestly, the store is closed and I have yet not submitted my poster.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the chick behind the counter or the man, they probably really weren't feeling the same way they were.
Speaker 2: And it was an older lady, so she didn't know how to do any of the things she was trying to avoid. They were doing too much. Sarah was seventy and I was like, I could see Sarah. It's not a quipped she's not a p So I was like, oh my god. I was like and then he was like, okay, you've alid to give it. I was like, wait, I you see me here? Self awareness yet, that's really what it was, I thought to myself. It was just like it was really honestly it was. It was rude, like I could see if you didn't see me behind you. But she turned around and was like, hey, hey, you know when he came up to you know, this is gonna take me ten minutes of that. Okay, so that's fine. So you see me there. You know, the stor's empty. She couldn't. He could have just went to the front. You don't need to be checked out here, especially if you have all these special orders, you know. And then I guess that, like you know, his fiance realized, like wow, this is pretty rude. And she was like, oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. And I was like, it's fine, but it wasn't fine. But I said that because you know, what can you say? And so like, you know, plus, you know, they were a cute little couple. I could tell they were excited about their wedding and getting their decorations together or whatever. But I was like, you know, she was trying to pull up her app for groupon so she could say for twenty no, not that. I was like, oh my god, girl, la la la, So that's why I will pay you twenty dollars to get the right so and then, of course, you know, to that insult and injury. I go to the front and I didn't even know need to wait there, girl. She was just like, girl, you could just buy that frame and put your poster in there. I was like, what, so twenty minutes later, I could have been in and out in two minutes.
Speaker 1: And you risk your life for that. Yes, you're out there in COVID time, COVID okay, just.
Speaker 2: Trying to get by post a frame. And she was like, well, why would you pay you? You know, She's like, one, it's going to take a week, and this framing is going to take like ninety dollars. You know, you could just put it. You could just buy a frame because it like I got it from Staples, so it was like a traditional size like twenty four by thirty six or whatever. She's like, you just buy that frame for thirty bucks right there. I was like, and she was like, but she told me. She told me, like, you know, the older lady told me, thank you so much. Because I was like, really annoyed because she was like and I was like, no, no problem. I mean, you know, I never, like I said, I never want to be rude, but I was like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Please don't stay later to retailer. These people get paid minimum wait for your butt to get out of that store.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And that's why I felt bad, honestly, because I knew because it was by then, it was like seven ten. I'm like, I know they're clothes, you know. So anyway, that was my break. Don't do that again. People don't do that again. No one's excited about your wedding but you. And then my booze goes out to Supergirl. I don't know if you well, I'm sure you remember, but remember before I was having a really hard time with Supergirl.
Speaker 1: She was going through a thing. Yes, the signing the door comes to mind.
Speaker 2: Girl, dude, if you need to enter for those of you. I don't remember what episode it was, but Supergirl got in big trouble for slamming her door and then her father said, you know, don't you know obviously because she's a teenager, don't you slam it? And all the huffing and puffing. So then she put a note on her door to telling me. Tracy was like, because you know, my sister, Tracy's staying with me, and she was like, uh, did you did you see the note on Alissa's door? I was like, no, you know, sometimes she'll just have a note on her door that just says Alyssa's room. And she was like, no, I think you gotta want to read it. And it was just like basically, it's Marticall has said, Tiffany, do not come into my room or touch any of my things. If you need something from my room, because she pays bills right then, please call me at my mother's house. So, needless to say, well, she came home the doors off the hinges. She was like, wait, what it was for a full week, so she learned her lesson.
Speaker 1: As a parent. Move for me. Yes, that's the one where I'm like, I can't wait. Yes, let me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be like he remember, I felt so bad, but I called her. I was like, you know, that sign is so rude. As a matter of fact, I'm in your room right now, can you hear me? Step step step step? So so I was like, don't do that. You don't pay bills here. Her mother was to say, look thankfully, her mother's awesome. She was like, girl, you walk cause I sent her a picture. She was like, no, she did. I said, yes she did. She said I saw. I heard her mother also chastising her. But either way, since then, honestly, things have been awesome the past like I don't know, six to eight months, and like our relationship has really grown. She's just turned into I mean, she's still only fourteen, so I'm sure we have some hell ahead, but right now things are just really great. She's just been such a help. She does like little stuff for me, for the budgetista and and and for my sister Tracy's business, her PR business. But I want to be a I want to be supergirl. When I grow up, because the way she has her life planned out, I'm like girl the balance, so I will. So Supergirl goes to school during the day. First of all, she gets straight A. It's always since like I've been here, so always the occasional be but straight A. So even though this is her first year in high school, still doing really well. So she does her school work and then she works with Tracy, like you know, she's in slack like a grown person, like, hey, here are my responsibilities. And then I had her do some stuff like there's some books that I meant. Oh, Mandy, I've got to send you a book. You gotta text me your addresses.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean I paid? I mean I'm always I was gonna pay. I bought one.
Speaker 2: Good you can give away, Yes, give it this one away. So so I have to like pack some of them up, like the the what's the name? Like Penguin sent me like a bunch of my books. Oh I didn't plug my book today. You can get Get you with money tend Simple Steps to becoming financially whole at Yeah Good with Money dot com.
Speaker 1: You let me crying when you were unboxing that box at books for read No.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. I was not intending to cry. So she's been helping me with all that kind of stuff. And so one day Tracy was telling me like she's like, girl, I want to be a Lissa, because she was talking to herself kind of, She's like, Okay, I finished my school work, and you know what, I think I'm going to do the pop the backss fertifty for about an hour. I'm gonna do a little bit of Tracy work and then I'm gonna work on my own hobbies because she has a YouTube channel now and like sells the lip gloss on the side. Who knows. And then she'said, oh, then daddy comes home at five, so we're gonna watch movies. And then I think I can make it. I'm actually gonna turn in early. I'm like, so she has planned time for herself, rest, family time, work, and school. I don't even like you need to teach a class. I was like, she is the most I wouldn't even say well adjusted fourteen year old, well adjusted forty year old. That's a forty year old woman right there, because she's a lot of adults all day.
Speaker 1: I mean, see you, I'm sure you've had an influence on her.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm just really proud of her. She has just grown into this amazing young woman. Like she texts Tracy the other day and said, hey, I finished all my tasks that you gave me. Is there anything else? And Tracy's like, no, We're good. She's like, you know, I'm more than willing and open to learn new things, like if you want to teach me. I was like, look at you will go very far.
Speaker 1: You don't have to tell me. That's what a million that's she's going to be a millionaire by whatever.
Speaker 3: Girls.
Speaker 1: Two things time management being a nice. Three things, time management being nice, and then being willing to have feedback. That's the shortest career advice book you'll ever read.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm just like, you know, it just feels really good because I mean, you know, for those of you who have step kids, you know, it's not always easy integrating. You know. I came into her life she was pretty young, like six or seven, but still you know, and her mom is super active in her life, so she doesn't need another mother, you know, so it was hard for me to figure out where I fit. And so like I feel like I'm like aunt plus you know what I mean, But it's just like, thankfully her parents, I've never ever ever won in one day, had ever had issue with her mother or like her father, I mean, you know what I mean, Like it's always I've always had touch great support from them, thankfully, but it still has not been easy because she's still a kid and navigating, like, wait, should I care about Tiffany because I love my mom? And wait, I want my dad to be back together with my mom, not for them to be together, but just for me, And so there was just a lot of that. So just to see her grow up, just to like, like, you know, she's just kind and empathetic, but just also just to see how well that she's navigating. She doesn't want to go to school. She's such an old lady. She's like, yeah, I actually like this homeworn. I'm like, you don't want to go to high school? It's so fun. She's like, doesn't look that fun.
Speaker 3: Ok.
Speaker 2: She wants to be home and make her coin. Okay, this girl's over here killing it in the streets. She is I'm like, how much have you made so far? And like the last like you know, since like quarantine, she's like about four five hundred dollars. I'm like, for a fourteen year old, she is killing it. And so yeah, I'm just like, that is my boost. And you know, when she starts her life coaching, I'll let you guys know because she can teach us a thing or two about managing her time in a way that honors, you know, time with family, time with herself and her responsibilities and her her money making, you know ventures, and so yeah, so when she starts, I'm first in line. When she starts doing life coaching, then you guys can have her after me. So that is my love to see it.
Speaker 1: I love it all. Hey, supergirl, I'm so proud of you too. I feel like I've watched you grow up through Tiffany's words for five years. All that's awesome. Get Good with Money dot Com, y'all? Yes, yes, run go take the Financial Wholeness Quiz.
Speaker 2: That's what it's called, right, yes, And it's right there at GEK Good Money dot Com And next week it comes out on the thirtieth. So I heard a little bun Bertie told me that, you know, some books might actually be shipped a little bit earlier, maybe Monday, you never know, but definitely by Tuesday, so you'll get them as soon as next week, which is so crazy. You'll be able to hold me in your arms because I'm.
Speaker 1: Actually want to go to a bookstore and see.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know if I'm allowed to say what bookstores are in just yet, but so I don't know, I'll just say, well, definitely Bards and Nobles. Well I think I am, and I think that one of those bookstores that are in the airports. So some Hudson News have picked them up, which is awesome, I know, I know, And you know what, I really loved what warm my heart. I found out today that a lot of libraries have ordered them a lot, and they were just really surprised. They were like, wow, Tiffany. They said, We've had so many libraries reach out and many of them have ordered multiple copies. And I'm just like, oh my god. I don't know. I guess it was like a kid that really enjoyed the library. So just to know the libraries are like, we want this book for a reader, so just you know, it just feels really good. And if your library hasn't, it's actually a great way if you're like, honestly, I don't have the coin call your library and say, hey, can you order get Good with Money because they can, and then that way you can pick it up from the library as soon as it's there.
Speaker 1: So awesome, And we will be doing a little preview of what you have in the book Financial Wholeness Checklist on next week's show, so you check that out. And oh, okay, I'm so excited. I can't wait. I haven't been this excited about a book since Harry Potter seven, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's saying a lot, because I know how much you love Frank Potter. I say, girl, I love you like like chocolate Tip cookies, fresh big chocolate Tip cookies, because everybody knows how much I love those cookies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that was an event when you got the new book out. Yes, when it gets on my store doorstep, I can't wait. All right, Cool, Well, thank you for another lovely show. BA fan hit us up on Instagram, Brand Ambition Podcast, or Twitter at the BA Podcast and have a great week you too.