Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Football is back tonight, NFL preseason kicks off, Panthers Cardinals Hall of Fame game tonight on NBC, and Peacock Come on in, stay awhile, gangs all here, Fritzy, Dylan, Marv, Pauliers. Truly in the back room guys as well. I mentioned yesterday I was going to do some manly things yesterday, and I did. Being here in Maine, maybe I did some mainly things. I took the pontoon boat out, didn't crash into anything, did a little fishing, did a little side by side ATV. Took my wife out and a friend and we were just running over things. Those things are they're indestructible. I got this Yamaha and it can climb a tree, I think, but did that yesterday. A little paddle boarding as well, So yeah, it was just a it was a manly thing. I said, you know what, I'm feeling like we should grill out tonight. Hun. She says, Okay, what's with the accent? I said, I don't know, I just feel like a man up here. I don't know if they they have an accent in Maine, but I think it's kind of a combination of Massachusetts and Maine, so it makes for an interesting accent there. But yeah, did some manly things yesterday. I'm all man when I get up here, Yes, PAULI.
Speaker 3: When you're in the ATV thing, are you all decked out? The helmet, the gloves that like firesuit those guys wear.
Speaker 2: No, No, we weren't going that fast because my wife said maybe we should wear helmets. And I said, if we were going fast and over, you know, real rough terrain, that I would do that. But and these guys had air conditioning. They have air conditioning in their side by sides. I didn't. And all of a sudden, there's branches, there's dust, and I was like, all right, I'm roughing it. And it was really warm out you get in there, and uh, yeah, it was fun manly, That's what it was. Manly, Yes, d Dan.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows there's nothing less manly than wearing a helmet.
Speaker 2: All right, well, in your ATV, maybe you don't need it. I did have my seat belt on, you know, but we weren't going very fast. So yes, Todd, I know I'm a.
Speaker 5: Worry wart and neurotic and don't take chances or know the whole story.
Speaker 6: But I still think at all times, even if you're just sitting in it, you should have your helmet on.
Speaker 2: Oh just sitting there, if you lose your balance.
Speaker 6: And your fall and all of a sudden you hit the side of the concrete. I think, at all times, if you're in some type of vehicle, why.
Speaker 2: Don't know you have a helmet. Why don't you have a helmet on right now?
Speaker 6: Because I'm confident, even though I'll get a little dizzy on occasion, that I can sit here and not have a serious injury. But I think anything that has wheels that I can move in any kind of direction, although sometimes in my chair gets a little loose, you should wear a helmet.
Speaker 2: We say good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, download the app if you haven't done so, you'd be able to see the beautiful man cave that we have. And Fritzi has his Friday Night Lights football jersey on Jim Riggins. Thank you to Panthers. Dylan is here. I know that's as close as we could get to the Panthers playing the Cardinals tonight. Marvin Pauley upfront and yours truly Lewis Riddick of the Mothership will stop by update the poll results, as well as Stefan Diggs to the commanders, which is interesting ish, but I don't know if that changes the fortunes of the commanders. You got Terry McLaurin, but you got a healthy Jade and Daniels back. Now we're going to see because a lot of times that rookie year, they don't know you, you may not know them, but Jade Daniels had enough talent where it felt like defenses were trying to catch up to him. And then once they do, then that's when we find out what you do to counteract them. And I'm really interested to see Jade and Daniels after the injury plague season last year, Kenny replicate what we saw in his first year. Pull questions from the first hour and what are we going with our two Dylan, Well, we add this up as a late first hour poll question. Dan as of today, who are you taking to win the nl MVP show? Hair Tani or Pete Crow, Armstrong or Toni fifty five point five percent taking PC A. Yeah, I think if Tani is not pitching now, it just comes down to a hitting contest, and I also have to factor in Pete Crow Armstrong is a goal glove center fielder, Otani being a DH limited with you know, sore knee, having the pitching element, uh, you know that's where he was gonna and will win more MVPs if he's able to do both at a very good level. Doesn't have to be great, but to do that, you know, it's always the Yeah, but he pitches as well, Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 4: Should the Mets get any credit for PCA's MVP season for one giving him to the Cubs and also in that same then taking Hovey bias off their hands at the same time.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, sure, yeah, they can take some credit, take some blame. They need something. Yeah, yeah, all James in Virginia. We're talking about the Commanders. Of course, you gotta have James in Virginia.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you for taking my call, brother, Happy Thursday, DP. Darn it. So look the Commanders man big time all the time, every time. But before I get to that, DP, you know, I got to tell you, man, I hope you have this a wonderful time at the wedding. Man, it's gonna be a great time of great experience, no matter what happens. It's okay to cry, man, let those feelings out and enjoy the moment, man, because you only get to go through it, hopefully just one time.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: So but after that, man, of course, I got to call him and represent the commanders. Then you push, you push it on him. I got to push back a little bit. Man. People forget about Jaden Daniels and what he could do from inside that pocket.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: He's not a running quarterback. He's a quarterback that can run, and he wins from inside the pocket man. They got Kerry McLaurin Optimist times at number one, a fantastic catcher in the game then, and he can still fly. You bring in Diggs now, he may not be as sass as he once was, but he's a proven receiver. I think he had over a thousand yards last season for New England. He can get open. They drafted Williams from Clemson and bring it. Brought in Chicken Punko, who can be a top flight tight end given the opportunities. Man, he didn't really do much in Tennessee, but he didn't really have a whole lot of quarterback help.
Speaker 8: To do that.
Speaker 7: So I'm excited to see plus you got Crossy americleing back for a second season. He rushed for almost nine hundred yards as a rookie, and he was in and out of the starting lineup. So and he's got game breaking speed. Now. There are some questions though when you talk about the back end of the wide receiver court. But that offensive line is strong. You got Larned. Me comes on the left side and Sam finds me at the right guard. I can keep going deeping, So I appreciate you. Let me run and have a wonderful time.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 7: Man, you have a great day. Guy too. Lout the commanders.
Speaker 2: Thank you, James. I'm sure James has bad days, but you would never know it. He's always in a good mood. Jonathan Taylor got a contract extension two years forty four million dollars worth up to forty seven million. So that would be the Is that the largest contract? I don't think he's getting paid the most.
Speaker 5: Is he for a third contract?
Speaker 2: Is that per season? Is that what it is? Todd?
Speaker 5: I'm I have to look into more details about it.
Speaker 6: I just but it's the largest contract ever offered for running back in his third contract.
Speaker 5: I know that much.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I don't care. Okay, I guess what they're trying to say is most running backs don't get a third contract with their team. But congratulations Jonathan Taylor two years, forty four million dollar extension.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, he's twenty seven years old. Ran for sixteen hundred yards and eighteen touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like him a lot. He's a home run hitter for that team.
Speaker 10: Yes, Marvin was in our MVP candidacy from about the first eight or nine weeks last season.
Speaker 2: I think he was an October VP. I put him in there. Yeah. Yeah, but I had Daniel Jones in there too, Like, hey man, you know they're whatever nine and one or something, and he's an MVP candidate. Yes, Martin.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 10: As soon as you said that, I was out. I was like, no, Daniel Jones cannot win league MVP. Maybe comeback Player of the Year coming back from being sorry, but not MVP.
Speaker 2: Well, you you can still put in candidates. You can be a candidate. It doesn't mean that I think you're going to win, but sometimes it's nice to say, oh, you know what seems like an MVP candidate or a Heisman candidate. Now, granted it might be September October but still you can be an early season candidate. There. Let me see, Trip in Vegas is back. Good morning, Trip, What do you have for meds?
Speaker 11: Always a pleasure to follow, James. My call today is an all Todd call, so he'll appreciate that. I think about I figure out who Todd looks like. If you look at the cartoon King of the Hill, Todd looks just like Bill, his neighbor. Then number two instead of the Minister's humor, I was thinking maybe we could call him the Notorious t O D D. And finally, since he has such a problem with cheese pizza, from now on, when he loses a vet, it's not going to be a pie to the face, It's going to be a cheese pizza to the face.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, Trip comes after you, Todd, but he brings.
Speaker 6: Up some interesting unique points, and a cheese pizza instead of a pie is kind of funny for the next time I screw up.
Speaker 2: Actually, and Reno Ashley, welcome to the program. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Yod Marning?
Speaker 2: How are you great? Yep great?
Speaker 12: I just wanted to give you a woman's perspective after hearing I don't know, weeks and months and then talking about you know, the speech, but I think you should just let it have the emotions as being like a had a father of the sorry, daughter of the bride. You know, he cried, I cried. My table crack and after ten years still one of the most memorable parts of my wedding. So it's like it still tears me up to this day. And so you don't remember much about your wedding, but if there's one thing that's that's out. So I just say, let you have.
Speaker 7: All the emotions.
Speaker 2: Wait, are you getting choked up now?
Speaker 12: I am? I still think about it. Mix your tear up.
Speaker 2: I don't have any problems with the tears that I'm going to cry. It's the noise that I make Ashley when I cry blubbery.
Speaker 1: That's he blubbered too.
Speaker 12: And you know what, everyone at my table lost it and everyone like that's one of the things they still talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm a Hall of Fame broadcast anaphone.
Speaker 1: Look it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know what your husband does for a living. I'm supposed to stand up there and talk to people. I'm supposed to be the rock of the family.
Speaker 12: You want it to be memorable, your daughter will remember it forever. It's so that you remember from that night.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you, Ashley. Now I did have somebody in the family saying, you know, it'll be bad if you don't cry. I go, oh, now I can't win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paulie, I've been thinking about this for a long time. I'm glad you brought this up. I think it looks not good if you don't cry, if you're too measured and controlled. I think the more you break, everyone's like dance breaking. That's how big this moment is.
Speaker 2: I think everybody knows that I break, Paulie.
Speaker 3: But the randos at the wedding, the casual fans at the wedding, the casual people at the wedding. The more you break, the more credit you're gonna get long term. Yeah, now you can relax. I'm dead serious about this. I think they'll be like, wow, look at Dan and because it's natural and everything like that was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I want the message to be the star, not the messenger. That's the problem. Yes, Todd, it's.
Speaker 5: All about just be real and relatable and you're a human being.
Speaker 6: You're gonna have your emotions and you can't get in your own head like that, whatever is meant to be, whatever is meant to come out in that moment.
Speaker 5: Like Paulie said, it's natural. Just let it flow.
Speaker 6: Don't over analyze it or read this thing five hundred times before you go up there.
Speaker 2: Thank you to do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, Todd's advice is like those things you get from a bad bath and Beyond, Live, laugh, love. They're very vague and they're flowy and nice.
Speaker 4: Todd blessed this home.
Speaker 5: But they're frameable lines.
Speaker 6: Even though they were kind of weak and vagant, you could get it like in a fortune cookie.
Speaker 10: Yes, Morvin, don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened.
Speaker 3: Those signs are awful.
Speaker 2: I know, Todd, you'd be great at bed, Bath and Beyond. Coming up with those signs a little side.
Speaker 6: Gig, you know, I think I could come up with a few of those. Hate the game, don't hate that suddenly.
Speaker 4: Bless this mess, Yes, Dylan, Yeah, Todd's next gig, it's going to be in the R and D department at Home Goods. Just coming up with slogans for the wood panels in the.
Speaker 2: Mac Ace in New York. Good morning Ace, What do you have for me?
Speaker 13: Hey, good morning, Dan proud girl dad times three. Make sure you enjoy that day and my money's on you to crush the speech. Hey listen with some impending changes going on with the triple Crown format and what I would call a natural looking interview with the Cassia in the paddock of Saratoga a couple of weeks ago, I think it's time for DP stables to come about and maybe go in that direction. That being said, I have two questions for you. One what Danette would you name a horse after? And two what Danette would you let be the hot walker after the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: I don't want Todd around a horse. I think that's best for both. I don't who would I name? I don't know. I guess I would probably name the horse after Todd. But you can't say ass.
Speaker 5: How about this?
Speaker 8: How about this? And down the stretch they come?
Speaker 5: Thank you Todd and Stle Milton Staples, best Freddy, thank you Todd Violin.
Speaker 2: Now I love that. I'm gonna give you a couple of bloops there. That was really good. The hot Walker, So after we've won the Kentucky Derby, then you get to walk the horse. Dylan looks kind of like a chic. I could. I could dress you up. You could be a chic there and I'd be like, man, they spend a lot of money on that three year old exact.
Speaker 3: There's a drug kingpim with Thank you Todd down in the stables.
Speaker 2: Thank you Todd.
Speaker 4: Yes, Dylan, I do think you should consider this whole getting into thoroughbred racing. No, you got the name already. I'll be your middle Eastern cheek hot walker.
Speaker 2: We could.
Speaker 4: It would be a bonding experience for everyone.
Speaker 2: If it was a small investment. Now, you know, I don't know what small investment is. I don't know what these things cost. I know it was fun going to Saratoga and counting stars. The three year old Philly that my friend part owner of ended up winning, and it was fun to be in the winter circle and see how everybody reacted. But I don't know enough about it where you could actually invest in it. You know, my friend invested, and he he invested his first horse he ever invested in went to the Kentucky Derby two years ago. The next horse that he invested in might be the best three year old Philly in America. So he says, he's maybe one of the great owners of horses in the country. One goes to the derby and one's maybe the best three three year old Philly.
Speaker 4: Yes, Dylan, but imagine hearing thank You Todd wins the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: I think be great. But I'd have to convince these people that I would be investing in that. I have a name of a horse called thank You Todd, Yes Time, and.
Speaker 6: Fans can visit the horse in a place called open Barn, and you can give out all kinds of drinks and snacks and open barn.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what I want. I want people there by the horse that people have been outside.
Speaker 5: You throw snacks into the throw snacks into the crown.
Speaker 2: Thank you Barn. Yeah, no, no, I got it. If you say it twice, then maybe it's not that good. You were you were going with open bar, right, that's what'll Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Have to thank you Time for a horse.
Speaker 2: Dap take a break. Lewis Riddick of the Mothership will stop by right after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: And in addition to here us live week nights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: We are excited to.
Speaker 10: Announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 3: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 10: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, just search Odd Couple FSR.
Speaker 8: Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to Lewis Riddick of The Mothership coming up here momentarily. Sean McVay, the Rams head coach, was on with the NFL Network yesterday and here's the question and his answer.
Speaker 8: The NFL Transaction Wire had Aaron Donald working out with the Rams today, which I.
Speaker 3: Guess did come across as a trial.
Speaker 5: It did come across as tryout that we've ever had.
Speaker 8: Okay, you think you can make the team?
Speaker 3: Nomen, I think you can make the team.
Speaker 8: Got a shot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was honestly our way of being able to get a workout with him within the you know, parameters of what's necessary.
Speaker 3: But give Smith said it's the greatest trout he's ever had.
Speaker 2: All right, it feels like a foregone conclusion that this is one of those not a secret anymore. And he's working out and appears to be on his time frame, which is fine for Sean McVay. That's what he should be doing. You come back when you're ready to come back. But it feels like Albert Breer, the Monday Morning quarterback, brought that up when we talked to him a couple of days ago. He was out at Rams camp and he said, yes, he thinks he's coming back. Lewis Riddick, ESPN, NFL College Football Analyst, you have ESPN NFL Network. They will present the Hall of Fame enshrine and ceremony that'll be coming up this weekend noon until two thirty Eastern, so Lewis will be there with Rich Eisen Hall of Famer Kurt Warner. Foregune conclusion, Aaron Donald coming back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it is. It's let's just Aaron no one. Aaron the way I which is not as well as you know. People were obviously around him every single day. I mean, Dan, he's he's one of my favorite people, let alone favorite players, because he's generous with his time, he's honest, he's straightforward. There's no bs with him. There's just no there's never been any fluff with Aaron. It's just been about this journey that he's on just to be great as great as he possibly can be, and he talks about it in such a pleasant way when you're talking to him, and then when you watch him play, you're like, damn, I don't even know that. I think that dude's nasty. So for him, like, he doesn't he doesn't waste people's time. So if he's gonna come back and start and wanted to go through a process to where he wanted to see if he could play the way he was gonna that he's played before you knew he was, he was dead serious about it. And here here's the cool thing for me, and I think everyone should kind of like take take comfort in this. If he's coming back, which he is, then he's pretty damn sure that when he comes back, it's going to be that same dude or very very very close to it that we saw when he left, which basically Aaron was unblockable. It's it's as simple as that he was unblockable, and that is I mean him and Miles and Kobe Turner and Jared Braydon Fisk. I mean, that's geez, that's pretty good, man, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'm always fascinated where you meet a boxer and then he's different when he gets into the ring, or you know, you get a football player and you talk to him when he's not in pads, not on a football field, and then he goes on the football field and you go, damn that, Like Troy Polamalu was that way for me, Like you talked to him very spoken, then all of a sudden he's out there taking your heads off.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If there's somebody who comes to mind where you go, and maybe it's Aaron Donald where you go that dude is different than the dude that I had dinner with last night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, sure, Aaron is like that, right, you know now that he's the closest he fits that description to a t. The other guy who was like that was an old teammate of mine, Eric Turner, who was a safety from UCLA who I played with in Cleveland and in Oakland. Et as we called him, was on the football field one of the most vicious hitters this game's ever seen ever. Eric could unload on. It was unbelievable off the field, big giant, wide smile all the time, never cursed, never, You just never saw him really in a bad mood. And he was. He was Southern California, threw and through man, just as cool as can be had or to the to the infinity power. I mean, he just the guy everybody wanted to be around. But just always pleasant man. When he played the game. I've never seen a guy play as nasty and as vicious as he is. But he still wouldn't curse on the field. He would help. He would curse guys out using real polite language. And I used to sometimes say, you know, I'd be like, what he meant was, that's what he meant to say.
Speaker 2: Uh, why are the Arizona Cardinals so bad?
Speaker 8: Yeah? You know, wow, you know, mediocrity on the football team kind of like there's a number of different things that go into it. It's the it's the combination of leadership, coaching, competency, player selection, bad luck as far as injuries, all that timing just not coming together. It's not now with with with and so we we take you wouldn't have enough time to go through all the reasons why Arizona has kind of been They've been for a long time, ever since you know, Kurt and Larry and then left and they lost in the Super Bowl to the Steelers. What I do like about them this year, I'm I'm kind of high on what's going on there. I really like Mike Laflora's system, his background, where he's coming from. I really like what they're doing as far as some of the people that they brought in and the people that were already in place here. Look, they've got they've got size, athletic ability on the perimeter. They have got some pretty good looking players on this offensive line. A lot of the things that are in place that really fit with how Mike grew up in this business, the system that he's come from. They fit, man, they fit, They really really do. It's quarterback, right, We'll see what Carson looks like here tonight. Is Jacoby the long term answer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: Is Carson the long term answer? Most people would say no, he has a great opportunity here tonight. But wide receivers like Mike Wilson, Marvin Harrison Junior, a ton end like Trade McBride. Teams would kill for that. Are you kidding? Jeremiah Love, James Connor, I mean Tyler Al'sier. Teams will kill for that kind of trio in the backfield. Are you kidding? Defense?
Speaker 2: Would you have drafted Jeremiah Love if you're Arizona?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I understand it. I mean, okay, so what would I have wanted to really address my perimeter pass rush? Yeah? I probably would have. I wasn't gonna take Carnell Tatum, not gonna take another wide receiver, got that. Would I have taken a guy like this simply because he's look, the running back, the all around threat at running back is back. You need one, just like in fantasy football, It's the first position you need to fulfill when you're building out your fantasy football roster. It's it's becoming a need position. You gotta have position. You gotta have a guy that can just break a game open from multiple different positions. That's why Bijon got his money, That's why Jonathan had his contract redone, and that's why Jamier Gibbs is probably about to blow them all out of the water because it's just and you know what, Jeremiah's going to do the same thing. You know, Mike Lafleur has a great plan for him. This is not the same Arizona Carlin. I know people go, yeah, right, I'll believe that when I see it. I believe it. I believe that things are about to turn for this football team.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it doesn't help that you're in a very competitive division as well.
Speaker 8: No, yeah, you're right, it doesn't. But you know what, you know what, I've had this little burr up my, you know what lately about people always using dan the past in order to explain their their thought processes about what they think the future is going to look like, because you know how the league gets. The league can turn on you on the heartbeat, a couple good acquisitions, a couple of bad breaks, and next thing you know, it doesn't really matter what happened in twenty twenty five. Like to me right now, it still doesn't matter what happened in twenty twenty five. I think teams can turn tied very very quickly with a couple key acquisitions, the right coaching staff, and we know we see it in college football. College football can turn your whole roster over in a couple of months and go from worse to first. I think, yeah, that division is tough no doubt you already. You see what's happened in San Francisco. You see all the people on their injury report over. I mean, that's just insane. It's nuts. Look, one bad break in Seattle, things could turn for them as good as the Rams. Look, one bad break, things could turn for the And who know, every Bill used to say this all the time, Belichick, last year is as soon as your previous season is over, it is totally. It does not matter anymore. I don't care about the strength of schedule from last year to and I personally I really buy into that. That's why I'm there's a couple of teams this year. I'm excited to see that. People are gonna be like, yeah, right, ever, I'm this town. I just think there's a couple of teams that are gonna surprise like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me a couple of those teams aside from Arizona.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, you were like, yeah, well, all right, we'll say it then, big mouth. All right, you know what, the Saints. The Saints are gonna win the South. They're gonna win the South. They have bookend tackles, a stud tight end, youth and play making it wide receiver, a quarterback who's going to be a star in Tyler Shuck death fit running back. They have playmakers in the back end. On defense with Brandon Daley, you can hate them all you want as a as a head coach out there, and you know when he was with the Chargers, he is a damn good defensive coordinator. I remember saw McVay telling me about him when he had him out there and Eli, he said, this guy is a star. This guy is a freaking star. When it comes the Saints, as that song, as that song says, when they I'm running out that of the tunnel down there and that the dome, the Saints are coming, They're back. That's gonna be a fun team.
Speaker 2: All right. Year three of Jadeen Daniels.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you expect?
Speaker 8: I expect Jaden to remind everybody of who he is and who he was in twenty twenty four when he had the greatest rookie season of a quarterback of all time. That's what I expect. Nothing's changed with him. The guy is brilliant. He's got great and I mean great ability to pass the football, fast, electric, smart, a leader, lifts people up, he just all right. So people go, well, you see how thin he is, that's why he gets hurt.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 8: No, that's not why. It has nothing to do with it. He had some bad breaks. It happens. It happens, and his football team didn't didn't have a whole lot of help around him. Signing Stefan is big. Terry being healthy and not coming off a contract negotiation is huge. Antonio Williams is a stud continue They drafted out of Clemson offensive line running back. They need to make sure that those areas are secure. Jadeen Daniels is a top five quarterback in the NFL. He is. I don't care what you think happened last year. I don't care if you think Drake and Caleb have surpassed him. Some people are telling me Bo Nicks is better than him. You know what, you can think that. Jayden Daniels is about to show us all don't forget about me. That's what I really do.
Speaker 2: All right, give me your top five quarterbacks then.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, it's gotta be in some form. Josh Stafford, Patrick Joe, Josh Stafford, Patrick Joe, and then Jayden is in there. The guys who are buying for five to me, are guys like Jayden Jordan Love.
Speaker 2: You're leaving out Lamar Jackson. You're gonna put Daniels over Lamar.
Speaker 8: Okay, Jayden Daniels as far as a passer of the football, Wait a minute, you're the better pastor of the football than La.
Speaker 2: You're changing no following up.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what if you asked me if I'm starting a football team today, yeah, I'm starting football team today. And you said you have Lamar like right now, right now, Lamar, right now, Jaydon Daniels, you're starting a football team. You want it. You're looking out three, three to five years.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I get that. But if I said one, like one season, let's do one season? Is gonna have it?
Speaker 8: Okay for this year.
Speaker 2: If I said you got Jayden Daniels for this year or Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 8: This year, I'm taking Jade Daniels.
Speaker 2: You're stubbing, You're yeah, look I am.
Speaker 8: I kid. You know if you're saying, look, you're taking them. They have the same weapons, right, the same team, and you're just taking one guy out and putting another guy in. Yeah, yeah, I believe in him. And that's not me trying to make a headline. Dan, that's not me trying to be you know, hey, let's stir it up. I love Jayden Daniels if I was playing the game, if I was, if I was back, if it was nineteen ninety four and we're in Cleveland. I just love how this kid plays quarterback.
Speaker 7: I really do.
Speaker 8: And I think it's dangerous as hell, it would I And I love Lamar I do. And see. I know people are gonna say, well, if you pick one you hate the other, that's not it. I just love. I love this kid.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you could start your team with a Hall of Famer first balloon Hall of Famer at any position except quarterback, what position would you go with to start with? And then who would that player be?
Speaker 8: Oh, it'd be a pass rusher. He'd be the guy who could affect the quarterback. And who would it be? It'd be Lawrence Tipler. Lawrence Taylor was the most feared individual in the sport of football period and the story in the history of the game. And I remember when I worked in Washington, Donnie Warren, who was part of the Halls and part of all you know, looking part of the Titan. Then we I used to ask him all the time, just give me a I could walk into his off and give me an LT star, give me an LT store. And then we went and got old tape and watched it. It's like the old tech mobile game video getting football game when when you used to like play with like Bo Jackson, and it was unfair because Bo would just run through every one and it was like everybody was moving this speed and this other guy was just going around like this. That's what LT looked like in real life. And I remember meeting him when I was a sophomore in college. They they used to have joint practices against the Jets at Lehigh University here, you know, in northern Pennsylvania, and I remember going up there and that's when those were days where you had like free access. You'd go down on the field, and I remember seeing him coming towards me man and I was trying to I was trying to get my program out to kind of like so he could sign it, and I was so damn nervous and fumbling around with it, and he just walked right past me. But I remember I used to just watch him and go, and then I've watched so much old tape to him. As Donnie used to tell me, he was twenty five thirty years ahead of his time. And if he came back today today the same body, like like nineteen eighty six Lawrence Taylor, he would kick the crap out of everybody. Still he was that good.
Speaker 2: Have fun at the Hall of Fame ceremonies. They're always great to catch up with you. You're in midseason form. That's what I love about you.
Speaker 8: You know what that's because man, I'm ready to go. Let's get it.
Speaker 2: You want to hit somebody?
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, I appreciate it, man.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Lewis. That's Lewis Reddick. He covers college football in the NFL for the mother Ship and he'll be there this weekend noon until two thirty Eastern. Lewis will be with Rich Eisen and Hall of Famer Kirk Warner. We'll take a break. More phone calls coming up, Hall of Famer Marshall Fault top of the hour back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to Listen Live.
Speaker 2: We were trying to come up with names if I had a horse race or a race racing horse or a horse, and we thought maybe thank you to would be a great name if I was investing in the horse racing industry. Do you have other names? Todd for my three year old? If I ever get to that Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 6: Paul had said, like during the last break, because he saw me working on a seconds, you're putting horse name together.
Speaker 5: I didn't think of it. It was a great idea. Why don't I put them together? And they're deep?
Speaker 10: If it's good.
Speaker 6: He gets the credit because I wouldn't have put this together unless he asked about so.
Speaker 5: Horse racing names inspired by you and the DP show, okay, Paulie's Snug Harbor.
Speaker 6: He always likes to send Snug when these games are close to us, to put on different networks.
Speaker 5: Pouli Snug Harbor, Dylan's Poor Parley.
Speaker 6: A little bit of a naked tong, Dylan's Poor Parlay, Marvin small hoofs. I don't know about that one. That's not I don't know. I was kiding getting snarky cream rints for Poofy I don't know. You may get a little sensitive to that one. Cream rints for Poofy. I'm the director taking a shot at Mario back after this. That's something you often say. I'm the ro casting world. Ray of Sunshine, Prince of Hoops, big Germans Retreat, Fritzy's photo, finish a podcast for Rob down the Cetch because I Complaine might take weeks allergic to Anthony.
Speaker 2: People don't know who these people are.
Speaker 5: You mentioned them enough on They.
Speaker 2: Don't know Ray of Sunshine unless you say that's Big Day Ray, Big Day Ray.
Speaker 5: That's too long a name though Big Day Rails.
Speaker 2: Your names aren't good.
Speaker 5: And the last one was last Call for Tyler.
Speaker 2: Once again, those are terrible. I thought a few of those were serviceable, serviceable, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan, I'd like to apologize to you and America.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 5: I gave it a shot.
Speaker 2: No, but you don't have to.
Speaker 6: I like to try to do something creative and something that I'm just doing my job like I'm sposing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Tim and Wisconsin, Hi Tim, what do you have for me?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 8: Bud?
Speaker 14: He just wanted to get back away from the sports talk again, and let's get back to talking about the wedding and the speech. I'm not sure if you know all the listeners remember, but I had a question for you. You know a lot of famous people. I wanted to know, are you going to pull what Todd pulled for his bar mitzvah and have a video of all the famous people wishing your daughter a you know, a happy wedding or are you going to have some stars come in and kind of pull a fritzy No.
Speaker 2: No, I told Todd not to reach out to people and get videos for his daughter or his son. I said, don't do that. He did that, and he he got punished.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I pay the price.
Speaker 2: Yes, you did. Look, I understand why you did it. I get it. It was a great moment. But I can't be asking guests on this you know, on this show, hey, would you do this? I just didn't think that that was fair. But no, we're not no cameos, no Sandler, no Will Ferrell, nobody. Once again, I am on high alert, amber alert of making sure that I get my act together here like no jokey stuff. I was told again last night because I throw out these wild lines and then my wife will go, You're not going to say that. I go I'm joking, and she goes, Okay, just don't be jokey joking. I said, all right, i won't be jokey. Jokey, I'm going to be jokey.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul Dan, why don't you spend the next couple of weekends, or at least this weekend, going to a few weddings like a comedian trying out material. Just show up at a wedding and riff a little bit. You're damn Patrick the lunch in, Paulie.
Speaker 2: I only want to do this, well have to do it a couple of times, so I only want to do this once for this daughter, and then if the other two get married, I'll do it. But let's see how this one goes. But you can't go to like, you know, the comedy store and say, hey, can I get my wedding speech here? Do you mind? Cody in Texas? Hi, Cody, what do you have for me?
Speaker 8: Hey? Dan Man?
Speaker 9: So you know the key thing, get to the venue, do do a just say it out loud, even if you're by yourself, you know, just kind of create a little muscle memory and that'll help you know. Tip of the emotions I've had to do this for my sister. I think what you're missing the focus on man. That walk, the walk down the aisle is the killer the speech you're going to get through. Man, you're a.
Speaker 8: Professional, You've done this, hear this for a living.
Speaker 9: You're the best at it. That walk, Nothing prepares you for that walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that too. Once again, I just don't want to make a noise when I'm walking down on the aisle. That's it. It's my biggest fear that you can hear me crying. Maybe I have them crank up the music a little louder Bonly suggested that maybe you know, get it up to like a nine or ten there and they won't be able to hear me crying.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, Yeah, and lou have here comes the bride at too. Do Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue at eight.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna hear anything, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 10: Will you be blubbering for the first time when you see your daughter in your wedding dress?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Why why put those kind of thoughts in my head? Huh yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, But you've been talking about crying, John Cryer the entire time, So this is.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to see her in her I'm not going to see her, and then we walk down the aisle. I want to spend some time with her before what todd Are you afraid.
Speaker 6: To like trip on her dress by action or step on something that can happen. Yeah, now it's not going to happen because I said that, there's no chance that could happen.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? Why would you do that?
Speaker 5: That wasn't cool by man, That's.
Speaker 2: What track that. Who's in the confessional?
Speaker 5: I got a double play.
Speaker 2: Marshall Falk will join us coming up