Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Overcover Podcast. I am your host, Jennica Lopez. Thank you guys so much for choosing to be here to watch and listen to this episode. I'm super excited for today's guest. We have the one and only Angelicatres as known as the legend Candy Lover. Is it Candy? Is there a number? Or am I trip? In? Well?
Speaker 2: On socials it has the eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought it was a trip. I'm like, Candy, I know there's some type of number, and I know there's a nine, but okay, I want to know. I never even asked you, where did you get Candy Lover from?
Speaker 2: So being a Poxica really because I was like sixteen when I came up with the name. Okay, and I want to see if my boyfriend was cheating. So I made a fake account because I don't like Candy that much and I was born in ninety four.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm gonna put eighty nine. So it sounds so mature at that time, and I respect it. I never thought the account would grow, uh huh, and it just stayed. I love that carmat No, we're still together fourteen years later, so it was Darren. I mean, yeah, Darren, whoa, that's so funny. Oh my god, toxic life.
Speaker 1: You stupid. And now now that you're can we can love eighty nine? You have to find another name.
Speaker 2: I know I'm gonna have to make like another fake. It can't be like chips HATERIM seventy six.
Speaker 1: I can't. Well, I'm so excited. I appreciate you so much coming on. You had so many requests to come on the show, and I am excited because I don't know, We've always had these conversations and we're like, we could talk about so many things. And the first time that I remember ever meeting you and I was so excited was my first brand trip to Benefit when we were in Keys. It was it was shout out to Benefit because they're really great. I love that brand so much, but I love the people that I went with. It was you, Jessie's and a bunch of other creators and influencers, and I just love that you guys made me feel so welcome on that trip, and I was like.
Speaker 2: You know what I feel like. As soon as we met, like everybody clicked and it felt like we had known each other forever, like honestly.
Speaker 1: Which is the beauti beautiful thing about social media is like you get to see someone and then you get to see another side of them when you actually meet them, and I love that. And we just related so much, like obviously like hate comments about our way and like we would crack jokes here and there whatever, and it's like, but it's the reality of the situation. You know, you've been in this industry, you've been doing, you do lives almost every day. You have your business as well, which, by the way, I love the choice the color today so pretty.
Speaker 2: So I'm not even gonna lie. The reason I'm wearing this one because I had my eyebrows micro related.
Speaker 1: She's like, I need something to cover it, dude, And I used to when I had my banks is now I'm growing them out. They were a little annoying, but I would cover my eyebrows too. I'm like, I don't have to do them like perfectly, but yeah, I get.
Speaker 2: It, you know, I needs to see them peeling right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, which I feel like is one of the things you get the most hate on is about you wearing wigs all the time all the time.
Speaker 2: They're like, you have hair. Your natural hair is beautiful, and I'm like, I know. But at the same time, I'm the only one promoting my business, Like I don't have a pair that works that way too, Exactly. I wear my products and when I go to events, you know, I promote my my shop and my entire family works with me. So it's like, if I don't promote the business, the business isn't going to keep going. So and I love them. They're so easy and I'm always late for things.
Speaker 1: And I'm always I know, because you always change. I think it's so cool and you're so unique and so detailed about every little thing that you do. Have you always been like that, like creative and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I used to like like jigsaw puzzles and coloring books.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I love all that stuff I do too.
Speaker 1: Just I love like, do you like doing this gave rooms and stuff? Yes, we're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Keep my mind going.
Speaker 1: Yes, for sure. I don't know about the whole DIY, like I wouldn't make a dress for myself, but you know, I love Okay, Okay, I want to know about how you grew up because you are Puerto Rican you but you live out here what was your relationship like with your family and stuff.
Speaker 2: We were pretty it's a small family. My parents got divorced when I was like one, so that like never really affected me. I feel like I got two families, so I have like my dad and you know, his wife, who I love so much. He has other kids too that unfortunately they live in other states, so we're not as close as I wish we could be, but I love them very much. My Mom's always been like my number one. Love your dad, but mom is my number one. You have favorites, but I do love I love them both. But Mom has always been there for me, like just through everything, talk about like coloring books. We I didn't really grow up with like a lot of money, and so we just did what we could to get by. My mom was working like three jobs at the time, and like I remember, I always remember this one Christmas and I'll never forget that Christmas. And every time like things are going really well or things are going really bad, I always think of that day where my mom had no money to get me a gift and she went to the dollar store, and you know, like the dollar stores that are never just a dollar. She went in there and she saw this coloring book and it was three dollars and she had to ask for help for that, just to get me something for Christmas, and you were there and she was so embarrassed, and I loved it. It was like my favorite coloring book. And I remember I finished the entire coloring book and then I gave it back to her and I was like, it's all painted. I like, finished it.
Speaker 1: You didn't like let it go to waste or nothing.
Speaker 2: I loved it and like to her, like I always saw her struggle and how she was always trying to provide for me, and I always appreciated anything she like gave me. So that's how I am now too, And if I ever have kids, that's how I'm going to be too, Like I want them to just appreciate little things like that was three dollars meant the world to her, and it meant the world to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now it's different, and now you get to pay her back with like she works in your business. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I remember when I told her, I was like, mom, you get to quit that job. You get to quit that job. You're still gonna have to help me for a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't gotta, you gotta probably now she.
Speaker 2: Was driving like three hours just there and then back wow every day. So I was like, no, now we're fifteen minutes away, you know, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Where did you live you? Okay, when did you come from? Were you born in pert Rico?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, so I lived there so I was eleven.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh wow, so you had lived a pretty good one of your life there.
Speaker 2: Literally all elementary school, and then I would visit every summer too, So it's like I was just both sides.
Speaker 1: What made you guys move?
Speaker 2: Work? So my mom, since she was working like the three jobs over there, she found one out here. And my stepdad's family was already here, so we were like in LA in Temecula Riverside. Okay. So my mom was like, we're just gonna have to move. And I hated it at first, yeah, because you know, when you're little, you have friends and stuff like that, and it's a big chain. I didn't know English, so it was tough.
Speaker 1: But how do you learn.
Speaker 2: Music and movies? And I forced myself because I was like I don't want to like show up somewhere and just not be able to like bend for myself, right, So I listened to music for the pronunciation of it so that I could be like on beat, and then for movies, so I would watch them in Spanish with English subtitles, and then in English with Spanish subtitles, and then in English with English subtitles, so I could see how everything was.
Speaker 1: She became her own Rosetta Stone. Was it hard in school and stuff though.
Speaker 2: Because you had to go to like the esl right, and then my Spanish accent is different. Yes, so there's heavy. Yeah, Oh my, we did it. I love it.
Speaker 1: That's good your self, tyk. You've teld you everything basically.
Speaker 2: But now even in my lives, I still do it because I know how hard it was for me to try to understand just one language. So I translate everything in my videos.
Speaker 1: I know you do it so naturally and so perfectly. I'm like, my brain can't process like that. I'm like, she, you do it so fast, which is obviously good. Did your love for music come from them, like learning the language?
Speaker 2: No, So I've been singing since I was like four. I've always loved I want to know tell it, I freaking love it. Like my grandma used to take me to church and she would sing at church and stuff, and I just I love music. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love that for you? Is there any specific like you just love like the sound, you loved the singing, you loved everything about it.
Speaker 2: So that's something like people ask me all the time, like what genre, and I'm like, I like all of it, Like I just what I love is just music itself, English, Spanish, like I have like Indian music in my phone, Korean music in my phone. I like it and I like just hearing the different things that people can do with it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, Like with my music, it's a little English sometimes a little Spanish. But what I really love I really love singing country ooh. I love country music and like ballads. Like my my personal preference is just give me a chair, give me a mic, and.
Speaker 1: Let's just vibe. Yeah and do it.
Speaker 2: I love but here I am doing. Don't think I can dance?
Speaker 1: Do you get hate about that too? Everything? Everything?
Speaker 2: There's anything I do? Any grass. We talked about the grass.
Speaker 1: She said that she got hate because she spray painted something on the grass and then everyone was mad about the grass. But it's like y'all are paying for the grass, and.
Speaker 2: Like can I ever, Like, what if I wanted to do like landscaping, I'm like, I can't touch the grass.
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, so yeah, either way, we're learning to be happy doing things for ourselves and you know whatever. But we'll get into that in a little bit. I want to know, Okay, where did when did you decide that you wanted to be just an artist? Because it's obviously look, you're an influencer, business owner and an artist. How what's in them? Lyne? Like, what's important most important to you?
Speaker 2: Honestly? Stability is my most importance right now, no matter what I'm doing. As long as my family's fed bills are getting paid, that's like the number one. But I love to sing. I genuinely love to sing, Like I can sing without a wig on.
Speaker 1: So it's you know, like like it's fun for you, Like is it healing?
Speaker 2: It is, especially when you're just in a mood and you you know, you want to sing something really happy or you want to sing something that you're relating to at the time and it's really sad and you kind of let those feelings go. Like I love that, yeah, but it's it's hard. I feel like when I when I was little I always told my mom, one day, you're gonna see me on TV, Like I'm gonna be like Disney Channel one day. Like I always liked all that stuff like theater and acting, and just to me, that was so like crazy, And I never thought I would make it as a singer, so I never actually like pursued it. I just did it for myself, like i'd sing in the bathroom. I do like competitions, like local competitions, like I did Riverside Sings three years in a row, and like I just I loved it. But when I started doing lives and I started the business and everything, I kind of just kept to the side. But I would do like my makeup lives and I'd always sing this song to my mom just to mess around, and I'd be like, mom, man for the beauty blender. And everybody was like you hit the notes like like you did sing And I'm like I wish and they're like do it. We'll support you, We'll you know yeah, And I was like, Okay, I'll come out with a song. And I came out with a song. That song made it to number one on iTunes, and I was like okay, slick, Like is this happening. Is this dream coming true?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And even though I still get like some hate for music because I get the another influencer trying to sing, another influence for that thing. She can do music.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you've been up singing for a while exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Literally, I did choir. I did, like I said, the Riverside Sings competitions. That was before I even had social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I remember, I remember when we were in Florida and they played your song and that was like twenty two, twenty nineteen something like that. Here's ago, and even then you still had stuff before that. So it's like it's not just another influencer. It's like I think it's another artist being an influencer type thing, you know what I mean, which you do both amazingly. Thank you know what I mean. We're gonna go on a quick break and we'll be right back with Caddy lover all. Right you guys, welcome back. Okay. So what is the thing that you get the most hit on? What part of your life?
Speaker 2: Everything? Everything, but mostly my looks definitely appearance. Nothing I can do right. If I'm wearing makeup, I'm too fake for me. I'm fake if I'm not wearing makeup, you look sick, You're wrinkly, You're this, you're that, You're you're under eyebags. If I wear a wig, you're too fake. You have natural hair where your own hair, natural is better. If I take my wig off, you have a big forehead, your hair doesn't have volume. And then the receding hairline. Do you get that one hundred percent?
Speaker 1: I get that one all the come.
Speaker 2: I've had a since I was like twelve, bro like I'm supposed to do, Like.
Speaker 1: I can't pay for my surgery, pay for the hairline transplant. I know. I've seen it. I've seen people where they poke holes or whatever, and I'm like, you're that mad about my hairline?
Speaker 2: And then they go down the teeth. The teeth are too white, the teeth are too big. But I've explained, and the thing is like on social media, I'm very honest. I always say like if I put everything out there, people can't use it against me, but they still kind of do even though I'm open about it. Like my teeth, I had a really big gap when I was a little girl, Like you could fit straws like through my gap, and I had braces then I had him visil line, but they separate. They separate so fast that in like thirty minutes. Yeah, I don't know if you can hear that. This is with the Veneers, and they still separate, and I had to have them big so that it would kind of cover that space. And I still have to wearr a retainer, and they were they had to be big for that reason, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it sucks.
Speaker 2: And people are just like they're so wide, like it looks like piano keys, and I'm just like, dang, like.
Speaker 1: I didn't even say it.
Speaker 2: Like people are really bad at like someone just smiling because in reality, they're criticizing me because I'm smiling and it's sad. So it goes from like the forehead to the hair, to the face to the teeth and then the weight. One of my biggest struggles, like I was bullying when I was young, thinking that I was so big, and I look at my pictures now and I'm like, I really wasn't. But people just put that in your head and create so many insecurities. I had LiPo twice and I was like, yeah, that's all I need. I just need LiPo, And I realized that it wasn't even that what I needed. I was stress eating. I was battling and eating disorder. My binge eating was like to the max I could. I gained forty pounds in a month, in one month just from stress eating and binge eating, and then I started losing weight naturally. And people are still mad. When I'm big, I get bullied. When I lose weight, I get bullied. If I get surgery, I get bullied if I do it naturally. It's like I feel like with social media, you just don't win anymore O.
Speaker 1: And that's like that's the bad and good part, because this is what it kills the passion, you know what I mean, Like you have a passion to sing and to inspire people and to influence them. And then it's like do I even want to do this anymore?
Speaker 2: Yes, to mentally prepare yourself before you get on that camera all the time. But now I feel like it got worse. Like I don't know if you follow Chris Olsen, yes, and.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw clips of what He's.
Speaker 2: My heart, Yeah, my heart, because that's exactly what like a lot of us are feeling. It's like we really just come on to entertain and to make people's days sometimes just make them smile, and we get all this hate for no reason, Like we don't like go on, you know, on a cant to make anyone feel bad or to insult anybody.
Speaker 1: Or to make ourselves look bad.
Speaker 2: No, And I feel like now people are just casually just mean and it's normalized to just.
Speaker 1: When you thought it would be like a little bit better, you know, like I felt like it got a little bit better after COVID, you know, people started mental health started being more talked about, which was beautiful, like you know, going to the gym for healthier reasons, like for yourself. And then it just like keeps going down and down and down, and everyone hates you for everything. And I feel like the councel culture now is so toxic, like you will get canceled for absolutely any little thing, and it's like it shouldn't have to I shouldn't have to be scared or worried about anything, like or questioning what I'm doing because of the fear of getting canceled. And it's like, but then I get the fear of getting canceled because also this is everybody's livelihood exactly, you know what I mean, And it's like the pressure of having literally having to be perfect, and it's like it's not even that I don't know, Like it's like I want to be natural, I want to be organtic. I want to give you what I have, but at the cost of also, like my mental health.
Speaker 2: Exactly yesterday I went live and I had a full on mental breakdown, like I had a panic attack, started crying on Live and people are like, well, why don't you turn it off? And I'm like, because honestly, this is the side of me that people should see. I'm not perfect. Do you think like all the celebrities that you see like on the big screens, they've never had a panic attack, They've never cried, they never go through like just normal struggles like yesterday I had a panic attack over something so stupid. But it's one of those things like when a lot of things build up and that one it was like it just sets you off. It happens to a lot of us. And I don't want people to look up to me and think that I don't go through those things, because I feel like that makes them feel worse, Like, oh, Candy, I want to be like you. I'm not perfect. I'm not perfect at all. I have like ups and I have my major downs. You know, like I show like the messages in my house, I get hated on it, and it's like, look in the mirror, nobody's perfect. You want to talk about my stretch marks. I'm sure you have some. They're beautiful because we all have them and we're women. We're growing, we're getting older, we're all gonna wrinkle, We're all you know, we're gonna have gray hairs. You know, we have razor bumps sometimes, Like it's freaking life, and it's so easy for people to just be like, well you have this or you don't have this, Well that's ugly. But it's like, how would you feel if someone said that to you? And not just once? Because yeah, you're saying it to me one time, that's not the only time I'm reading it in that day because from that one I get probably a thousand messages that are the same.
Speaker 1: So how do you navigate it? Then you personally like what are you doing right now?
Speaker 2: I'm going to therapy. I am to kind of like learn how to deal with it because I'm I was just always raised my mom raised me so well, Like my mom did such a good job. Like she made me into like the kind of person that I would never just go on social media and criticize somebody for how they look or what they do. I don't like something, I just keep scrolling. My mom always taught me, like, do not hurt anyone's feelings, like you don't know what they're going through, Like you're going out of your way to hurt that person and they might not read it. They might, but they might. My mom sees the comments that people leave me and it's horrible. Like she she's always calling me and she's like are you okay? Like I saw this, and I'm like I didn't see that yet.
Speaker 1: Why are we doing?
Speaker 2: But like it sucks like yeah for my family to get messages like you, oh you should have aborted her, Like you're bab No, you're lying. They've told my mom that she should have aborted me multiple times.
Speaker 1: See That's where I don't get it, Like I do not understand what like don't it like a school says like why do where does the hate? Where does the evil come from? Like what are you doing? It doesn't process through your head like what you're typing or what you're saying or how you're coming off, and.
Speaker 2: Then people will be like, well, you just have to ignore it. But I feel like when you ignore things, there's never a consequence, so it's just gonna keep happening.
Speaker 1: And I feel like for me ignoring it and reserving my like piece, my peace of mind, it's like it's gonna be fine, Like you know what I mean, Like there's there's the choice of addressing the consequences and then keeping your peace of mind and just staying quiet.
Speaker 2: And that was my biggest problem really when I ignored it and I kept it all in because I feel like it was.
Speaker 1: Bad for me personally. If I were to like say something or address every little thing, it's like I'm never like, yeah, I'm never gonna win and it's never gonna end, like it's always going to be something.
Speaker 2: But see what I do is I respond in a way to try to educate anyone else that might have that same thought of saying something, So like I'll explain, like if someone's talking about my teeth, oh they're too why they're this like you're disgusting. I'll literally just say, hey, this is what happened, this is why they're that big. I'm sorry that you know they're not aesthetic aesthetically pleasing to you, but it's something that had to get done. And then some people will read that response and they're like, wow, I didn't know that. Like I apologize forever talking about Like I've had people apologize and retract what they've said because they didn't realize the reason.
Speaker 1: People like to like talk a base judge without knowing.
Speaker 2: Without knowing that there's reasons for certain stuff. So I just try to ed educate them with kindness. I never just go off like I used to. Yeah, yeah, I try to.
Speaker 1: Just in the back of your head.
Speaker 2: You watch, I'm like, someone responses this person like just.
Speaker 1: I know, and I have to like bite my tongue and hold my fingers like just so that I don't cause it's just you know what, And it's I feel like, for me, it's a little bit more complicated because it's not just me that I have to worry about. It's my family and it goes back on, you know, my mom and all this stuff, and I'm just like like, I can't ever just be myself at the cost of everybody else.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's just so frustrating. It's like you will never win. And it's like, and again this is a to not say that we're not grateful nothing for where we're at, but it's like this is it comes with the price.
Speaker 2: But we also go through a lot of struggles. Yes, everybody, everybody goes through struggles, and everybody like feels different. You know, something that might not affect you can completely tear me down because that's just a mental thing. Like I see you see celebrities that honestly take their lives, yes, and you would think they're like the happiest and they have all this stuff, but you never know what someone's really going through on the inside, and you can't control it sometimes, Like I've been through days where I just start crying and I'm like, I don't know why I'm crying, Like it's just it's just happening. People forget that we're all human. Yeah, we're all human. We all go through things and everybody gets affected differently. Like I see my mom and I relate so much to her now, Like before I be like, why she's so upset, Like we're okay, But now that I have also a responsibility for my own you know, like my whole family depends on me. They all depend on like whether if I don't post a video this day and I don't advertise and we don't make sales, their paychecks, you know, like I have to always put them first. And even if I'm not having a good day, I have to work. It's so much. It's a lot, Like I was, I was venting yesterday that I feel like I have to schedule my showers. I have to schedule my meals. I have to literally figure out when can I leave here so that I can do this, And you know there's nights where we have to pull all nighters and work on you know, like the business sides of things that people don't see because people only see what I show them on social media, which is like, yeah, I made a cute outfit. Oh we're gonna do a makeup tutorial. Get ready with me for my shows. But there's so much work that comes into getting all that stuff ready. Yeah sure, like just even ordering the inventory, dealing with you know, suppliers, manufacturers.
Speaker 1: The financing, all this stuff behind everything.
Speaker 2: My team like now that now that we're doing shows, like I have to make sure that we have like all the flights and everything. People are like, well, give us free tickets. I'm like, I know, we have to pay for all this travel, the equipment. It's hard. And then people are like, well, are you making all this money. I'm like, first of all, no one knows my finances. But at the same time, no one knows my expenses. Yeah, my expenses are insane. It's a risk, payroll rent because we have a warehouse now, the rent, the bills, like it's a lot. But people are just like, oh, you just make cute videos. That's all you do, and like that is not even. That's not even.
Speaker 1: And you're not the only one either. There's a lot of us, and I feel like it gets made fun of. We're picked at because you.
Speaker 2: Know, not a job. Yeah, it is a job, and when you have like a like you're like aware, like a like a physical business. I'm like, I'm doing my nine to five and then I'm doing everything else. So it's like I don't even know what the timeline is for me anymore. Because there's Thanksgiving, I'm at the warehouse. Well, everyone's with their families. I'm at the warehouse because I have to get everything ready for Black Friday.
Speaker 1: But that's where you got to set the boundaries. Too for your personal life, because I've seen you like, like you know, when we first started filming, I'm like, as you're not on live, you're traveling somewhere, you know what I mean. And obviously travel takes a lot of energy and a whole day of your life, you know what I mean, and business and everything. So it's like when are you When are you gonna take care of yourself?
Speaker 2: Still finding out, I'm still trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: You gotta take a break you need?
Speaker 2: Is it because I'm gonna cry? I can't. There's no breaks because everyone's depending on me, and if I stop, everything around me stops.
Speaker 1: I know, but there has to be some type of like you need to take care of here because if not, you're gonna explode.
Speaker 2: I've been exploding, I know a few times.
Speaker 1: And I think it's important, like obviously, and then you're engaged, right or no?
Speaker 2: WHI one? Which one's Darren?
Speaker 1: Darren? I know, but I'm just yeah, sorry because I saw the ring and I'm like, maybe I should have sued, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, a long, long promise, right.
Speaker 1: No, But you know what I mean, It's like, when is the time for that? When is the time for you to like maybe maybe he's waiting on you too, or no, maybe they're never right. Let me not get it.
Speaker 2: Fill the team. I'm gonna spell it. So he wasn't a propose to me, and it got it got ruined how I was nominated and it was the first so I had won the two years before that, but it ended up being online because of covid H. So they're finally going to do it in person, and I guess he contacted the entire team because he wanted to propose to me at the at the wart show and they got canceled, like after he had everything, just everything planned.
Speaker 1: He told you though.
Speaker 2: He was pissed. We were literally driving in the car and he was like, I'm just gonna tell you and he was like I was gonna propose and they ruined it and everything's ruined. And then we go to Vegas because I did win the award. I was very happy, so he went to Vegas to celebrate, but I was upset that it wasn't like like tell it was just a list so of the winners, which I was like, I never got to go on stage and I never got to get like my little speech. But fine, we still want to celebrate to Vegas. I get drunk and I don't drink so like it's rare for me to drink. So when I do, like you give me like a little bit of just sprite and I'll be drunk. Like, oh, I was hammered. And my best friend's like, you didn't get there, like to experience the award and you didn't get proposed, so and I was like, but she punched me in the face. But I feel like now he's trying to set up this big thing and I'm like, we've been together for fourteen years. Yeah, just are you proposing to me? Or are you proposing to my followers? You know, like he he has built this like pressure inside of him that if he doesn't do it a certain way, people are gonna like be mad at him. And then but.
Speaker 1: You see that going through that that's totally separate.
Speaker 2: It is so sad because I know he's so excited, and he torments me about where the ring is. I know where the ring is? You do I do You've seen it? I have not. I have not because it has like a long pass code. I don't know how to get It's like it's in our safey. You have a safe and isn't there. I don't know how to get into it, but I know it's in there. And like every time I like walk by this and I'm like, and he's excited about it, but he feels so much pressure.
Speaker 1: How long ago was this?
Speaker 2: This was twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, Darren, it's been two years. Chop it up, No, but I think, oh, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, it's fine. But now I'm just kind of like, take your time. Because of that, I'm like, don't even worry about the social media. Like, if you want to record it, great, if you don't want to record it, great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like our relationship has been for so long that it already proves that, Hey, we've we've been through it, we've been together. Yeah, And people come for him hard. They're like, oh, he just he doesn't do anything. He just lives off of her. Like he's been there from when I was in high school. We were before you guys. He was the one working and I was going to school and he went to work, picked me up from school, dropped me off. He was giving me money because I wasn't working at the time, so like he was taking care of me. And then when he was truck driving. He was the one like driving like across the state and then would come back for four days. So I would only see him four days a month and he would come help me at the shop. So like he's been he's been there like through thick and thin. Like people don't see that he was there when I didn't have anything, and he's still here. And people are like, oh, well, now you're traveling and now you're losing weight. It's just amount of time before you leave him. And I'm like, absolutely not probably, I'm like what.
Speaker 1: Like why would people assume that?
Speaker 2: And he's always like he's like, whether you're chunky or you're not chunky, he grasps me the same way, the same way. I'm still bouncy because I'm Puerto Rican. At the end of the day, the booty not going nowhere loves it. He loves it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's your business.
Speaker 2: He's seen me out my biggest, out, my smallest, and he's been in it. It's fine, literally.
Speaker 1: But it's true. Why are so people, why are you so concerned about that?
Speaker 2: Well, he's never in your videos. I'm like, for like two hours a day, where's the other twenty two hours? I'm like, he's They'll be like, girl, where is he. I'm like, he's snoring right next to me. He's right there, just you know, and I put up with the snores. We put up with each other, and we communicate. The biggest thing I want to say for like someone that's traveling and doing social media and stuff like that, is to communicate. If there's something that he's not comfortable with, please let me know, and we make it worse. One hundred.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go on a quick break and we'll be right back with Caddy lover all right, you guys, we welcome back. You need a vacation.
Speaker 2: He doesn't fly.
Speaker 1: He doesn't fly, Okay, I get that, is it? He scared?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, so whenever I travel, I go with my best friend. And that's why people are like, oh, she just leaves him behind him, Like it's not me, it's not my choice. He's not comfortable, he's scared of it.
Speaker 1: And everyone has their own thing, and it's okay, okay. A staycation a staycation. You need to vegas, you need to get away and not go live for just a weekend, maybe just one weekend. I know, I know, but it's like you got.
Speaker 2: To get algorithm. The algarithms are ready for that.
Speaker 1: So oh that is so traumatizing. But it's like, I truly believe that in your mental peace, mental health, everything you need to take a break. I feel like you've been at it for a long, long, long long time.
Speaker 2: Yet since twenty sixteen exactly.
Speaker 1: But even before that, you know, you saw your mom struggle, you saw everything that she went through. So you take it, and you're just like.
Speaker 2: I gotta do it.
Speaker 1: I gotta do it so that so that you can protect her, you know, And I don't. I don't think it's gonna nothing's gonna happen in one weekend.
Speaker 2: It's terrifying, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but I look, just take it. You don't have to bad, just take it as a little course. No, like just recharge, refocus, receive, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like I do wish I could go back to like how it started, like where that passion was really not having to worry about Oh my god, today I'm gonna get hated on this and people are gonna not like this. Before I used to just sit do makeup and just hang out with the girls. And I miss I missed when social media was just you just go on and it's like your family and it's your friends are just watch. It's like a like a long distance spacetime with your girls. I miss that, and people don't support that anymore. I feel like even like makeup artists that are like so talented, I'm like, wow, they don't get the recognition that they deserve for that talent. Now you have to like see what clickbait can I use so that people click on this video and actually watch it. What drama can I start? And it's like.
Speaker 1: People lose sight of the important thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they only want to see like, oh, what happened to her? Why is she doing this? Why what happened? I hear this?
Speaker 1: Did you see what they said? Well this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I miss you. Remember the tutorials where it was just music and people just do their wake up Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: It was just like that was easy. I didn't have to talk to the camera. I'd wait at you know, look cute, leave the house, take my pictures.
Speaker 2: I miss those, Yes, now I do. I may have like let me tell you about it.
Speaker 1: And then you run out of stories.
Speaker 2: It's kind of I don't got dramas like it. Just I ate Burger King today.
Speaker 1: What did you go through today?
Speaker 2: They didn't give me the receipt.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I know. And that's how you go live every day. I don't know how you do that. You know, TikTok banned me from live so I can't. So you know, it's a blessing because God knows for what, for what, I don't know, like they just you know, like sometimes people report you, and I feel like so many people hate me that they reported me and I got banned, so I was never able and then I made another account to be able to go live, never go. I'm like, I'm gonna take this as a sign from God. I do not need to live no, And it's totally fine, Like I'm good with it, don't need to do it, don't you know. And it's helped people are It's like whatever, I'm you know what, we live and we learn the process. I love what I do. I'm doing what I'm I'm allowing you guys to see. I'm entering my space as much as I want you guys to that's it. I'm gonna leave it at that. We're gonna move on. You're gorgeous. You are thriving. I know that maybe right now you don't feel it, but I think that you know, your happiness is more important than what you're putting yourself through.
Speaker 2: I know I need to find balance. That's been the hardest thing. But the good thing is I do recognize the problem. It's just it's not a problem.
Speaker 1: That's not let's.
Speaker 2: Not and I'm grateful for the problem. It's a good problem to have, you know. It's a lot of like so so many like opportunities that I never thought I would get. Like like when they asked, they said your present, I was like.
Speaker 1: What, how was was it? It was rewarding for you? It was.
Speaker 2: I was amassed that whole trip, but in a good way, because it's like I'm not always like a negative mess, Like yes, I have my my really downs, but sometimes I'm just an emotional person and I'll cry out of happiness because I'm so excited. And you know, they asked me to be one of the live stream hosts and I was like heck, yeah, like I'm there, Like what am I ready to do? Like great? And then when I was there, they surprised me. They were like you're actually gonna be presenting on stage, and like everything hits to where like, I haven't touched the stage yet, and I've won awards and I've done this and I haven't touched this stage. And they're like, yeah, you're presenting on stage and you're you're I basically like it was in Puerto Rico. And then when they opened the envelope and I'm like, I need them passed up and I was like I need this about the work, and I'm like and in suddle, and you know, like even before going on, like on the live show itself, there's a commercial break and I have no idea if like the other presenters, like if they were like vibing in dancing with the crowd. But as soon as I walked out and they were like we're on commercial, I just chill like you're fine. I was like tworking and like on the floor dancing and saying hi to like the people out were there because I was so excited. And then as soon as they were like okay live and three, I was like serious, No one saw nothing like it was it. It was such a great experience.
Speaker 1: I love that I saw it. You looked beautiful, gorgeous, and I'm sure, like I said, it was rewarding, because yeah, like it's a different thing from getting invited. You walk the red carpet, they sit you somewhere, you know, and it's great, it's a wonderful opportunity. But then to be presenting, I think it just opened so many doors. And you have such like and you bring a lot of entertainment, you know what I mean. You know how to light up a room, you know how to talk to people, you know how to keep it going. And I feel like it's gonna take you so much more farther.
Speaker 2: And even just like the fact that I'm doing music too, I'm like stuff closer, Like I feel like the right doors are opening exactly, Like all the hard work, all the tears, it's it's paying off.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get easier.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Eventually, like one of them is going to take off to the point where I can still do the other just out of passion, you know what I mean. Because right now, like music is not making mon it's not paying my bills whatsoever. Anything, it's taking hearts. It's expensive because you're doing I'm doing it by myself to like I don't have like you know, like a like a big old label that's like putting all this. No, I'm doing everything myself out of pocket, and sometimes I'm like I should just quit, but then I get these opportunities and you know, like I've had artists reach out and just say, oh my god, like I've been seeing you keep up the good work.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like they like they're seeing you're recognized, you know, like you're not.
Speaker 2: Like I talked to we See and we sing, was like I see you like you have talent, You're doing so well and just know I'm here whatever you need. I was like, mom, we see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy like people that I've always looked up to and now I'm like I'm in the same room as them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's also like how you're saying that I I have this personality that I like to entertain. And I think it's because sometimes when I would walk into a room, I felt completely invisible. I felt like absolutely no one. So when I walk into a room now, I want for but I want for everyone that's in that room to feel like they're being seen and they're being noticed. And like at the mall and stuff, like I've seen I've seen other influencers that people will ask them to take a picture and they're just like yeah, like whatever, I'm like, yeah, let's do it, like you want another one? Like how are you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What's for me?
Speaker 1: Like I like I always compliment something about them.
Speaker 2: Too, always like I want them to yes, like I want you to feel good.
Speaker 1: Like recognize like you see me, I see you, you know.
Speaker 2: I want to be able like if I made your day, that makes my day. Yes, Like I don't ever want someone to like leave like either somewhere that I'm at or some be like oh Candy was like blah, like she was dry, she was mean, or she was never. No, I want everyone to feel just good because I know what it feels like to be somewhere and just feeling like you're just.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, And that's what they remember you by. Honestly, those little, very detailed moments like they remember it kind of just sets the tone. It's like oh wow, like they probably thought you were some type of way, you know, and then it's like no.
Speaker 2: I'm super nice. I'm so nice.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you how long have you had the shop open then, because it's has it been just wigs? No?
Speaker 2: So it started with phone cases. So I started when I was sixteen at the swap meet making phone cases by hand. So from the.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, ye, like the little creative juice is flowing a huh uh huh.
Speaker 2: I was sixteen, swapped me every Saturday Sunday because I was still in school and my mom was working, so we could only do it on the weekends. And from there, I started making them for influencers, like the like makeup influencers, and I would do them with like people's pictures and their names and they were so cute. I love my phonecases. And I started going to like the makeup events and I was like, this is so fun, Like this is so cool, Like these people were so cool. And I remember Patrick Starr was the first person that ever said you're creative. Why don't you do what you're doing to the phone cases but do it on your face? Really yeah, Like patrick'star really pushed me like a step further into thinking I could be more than just the phone cases.
Speaker 1: And that is like one of like the perfect examples because he's so creative, he's nice and like I would take advice from him, wow, And.
Speaker 2: I made him phoecuses for years and he just invited me to Miss USA with like beautiful insane and yeah. I started making focuses for the influencers and then started posting them online social media. My page started growing like crazy just from the phone cases. And then I turned eighteen and I was like, Mom, to go to college for a semester. But then I think I'm gonna take a break because I want to open a shop. And I was eighteen. So I did the semester and I was like, see my business, the way that I'm doing business is not the way they're teaching it in there, and they're saying that I'm wrong. So I was like, I'm gonna prove them wrong. And my mom was terrified. I'm her only kid, Like my dad has other kids, but I'm her only kid. So she was like, you're leaving college like okay, And I was like, I promise, I'm dedicated, Like I'm gonna do this. And at eighteen, I opened my first door in Riverside, little thousand square foot shop. I started selling clothing. I was like, I'm not just gonna have phone cases because I have to make them by hand and it takes a lot of time. So I'm gonna have clothing. I'm gonna have wigs, I'm gonna put the phone cases in there and jewelry, just anything from head to toe. And I had the shop for three years. I was doing okay. Then some safety things happened and I had to close unfortunately, but it did well, and I stayed online and I got depressed. I'm telling you, I'm an emotional wreck. I'm just a mess. It's fine, normal human things, it's just life. But I really depressed being at homemaking the everything and never going anywhere. So I was just like, dang, like I'm literally at home all day every day, I'm not doing anything. So I started going live and nobody would watch. It was just my mom watching and my makeup was atrocious. Like I don't know who was watching me back then. I don't know what camera to look at. But whoever was watching me back then was a liar because my makeup was not okay.
Speaker 1: I know. Do you go back to the pictures, You're like, have you seen the trend the eyebrow blindness?
Speaker 2: I had it. I had it like times one hundred. I did me with my things right now, Catherine, we still.
Speaker 1: Have the blindness, right, we're figuring it out. No, but it's like, yeah, I don't ever want to see those pictures and.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh my god, you're so good. I'm like, yes, I can conquer the world of makeups. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: This is the time where I was looking at my makeup like twenty like, I cannot believe I got invited to this event because of this glamor. I'm like, there's no way.
Speaker 2: And then they were complimenting you and you were just like it's killing it. And then you guys are lying you know what a flashback?
Speaker 1: Yes, so traumatizing. But anyways, you were saying that your mom would watch you whatever in your makeup.
Speaker 2: And all, yeah, and the people watching light instead of but it kept growing. But honestly, I don't think people watch me for the makeup. I don't think they watch because I do so many different things on life. I think they genuinely just watch me because I'm just a normal.
Speaker 1: Person, creative different things.
Speaker 2: I just I like to do different things, and I like to just play and be creative and have fun. I just have fun and even if I mess up, like I'll be like, oh that sucks, but then I'll find a way to fix it. So I go live and I'm just like, what are you guys? Doing like my day, my day was bad today, and then the next day, I'm like, what up, Like I'm.
Speaker 1: It's just a piece of yeah. Yeah, oh my gosh. So okay, So your mom and everybody works in the shop, right.
Speaker 2: Girl, my mom, my stepdad, my aunts, my cousins.
Speaker 1: You're taking care of everybody, taking.
Speaker 2: Care of everybody.
Speaker 1: Wow. And obviously because it's your own business, you got to promote it.
Speaker 2: And we went from that thousand square foot store now we have an eleven thousand square foot warehouse.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it.
Speaker 2: So I'm like the responsibilities back then, Yeah, but no bigger. It's a lot. But you know it was just me, like I and before I could take breaks. I could take breaks because it was the only person that affected was me.
Speaker 1: Now it's everybody. But you know what, bigger blessings, and it might get bigger, but you're going to get a bigger blessing with it a thousand person, it's going to get bigger. We're going to put that out there. You know, everything's going to get bigger. The career, every every little aspect is going to get bigger. And it's just going to be bigger blessings. God is just preparing you right now for it.
Speaker 2: I think what I really want people to say is that, like my music, I do take seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I see a lot of people that you know, just throw music just to throw it out there. Like I take my music seriously. Like you can tell me to sing outside, tell me no, I don't need autotune. I don't need all these things.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 2: Like to sing. And I want people to see that and not just be like, oh, just the like we were talking about our ages, I want people to respect it. And I feel like that's going to be the next step into that part of the career is for people to see it. That's why we're doing like shows. I'm doing New York and I'm doing Texas, and I want people to come and see that. It's completely different because I go to a lot of concerts and I've been invited to a lot of concerts and it's really fun. But mine are just they're funny, Like literally we have a freaking blast. We'll laugh, and then we'll be crying. And then if I see someone crying, I'll stop everything and start crying with them. Like it's just but it's like a whole vibe, like it literally feels like, you know, when you go to like a family get together and this sounds really bad and I'm sorry to my management, they'll be like, why would you say that? But you know when you'd go and you just do karayoka with your friends and it's just fun. Yeah, that's how my shows are, like it's literally just us, like just hanging out and at the meet and greets. Sometimes I'm late to the show itself because I really want to give everybody that time. And yeah, I just I want that to be like the next step.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like for that to be girl, and I will, it will, And I think every all good things take time. The one you get in LA let me know.
Speaker 2: Oh you girl, you're coming. You're already there, You're already on the lib. I mean, if you want to go to New York and Texas with me, we got room of a.
Speaker 1: Sudden, I'm booked. I'm going to Texas apparently, guys no, but yeah, like I said, everything good things come with time. And I love that you said that. You just want the respect for it because it's not easy. It is not and I've seen it multiple times where it's like and I'm just gonna say it takes your most money, it takes the most energy, it takes the most everything out of you to commit to.
Speaker 2: This, and some people want it for the wrong things too. Some people just want the fame and the money.
Speaker 1: The fame and the money, and it's like no, no, no, you don't realize how how much it takes a long ass time to get money from doing music. And it is a commitment, Like if you're gonna do it, you gotta commit, and like be ready because it's not just going to come like this. If you want something quick and an answer like that, go find something else.
Speaker 2: Because people you're doing like small shows, I'm like, yeah, you start small, but if we can fill them up mm hmm. And I like, I I'm weird. I like the small shows. Lots people do personal.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot of artists even like Bad Money, he said, like this last tour, like he's like, I just want to go back to the clubs and like the small spaces everybody has said, like it's just like it's better when it's smaller and just feels more homey and obviously like stadiums are great, arenas are great, and like you know, I feel like that just proclaims a lot of yet, but it's like the homey feeling, the like the energy everybody all together, like when.
Speaker 2: You say familiar faces exactly. Like There's been some of the shows that I've done in the past where I like, I recognize people that follow me and I'm like, is that that Lisa Marie. Oh, she's one of like my my ogs. She's been there for years and I invited her to one of my shows. Actually, because I've built friendships with people that watch me, like literal friendships, and I'm like, these people live really far away. And there's been friendships that I've had in real life, like an online close that they just want something out of you. And I'm like, I've met these people online that honestly, they just want to support and they just want a friendship and someone to just talk to them, Like I FaceTime my followers all the time.
Speaker 1: My numbers public, really, girl, that is a risk I could never.
Speaker 2: Literally and I don't know. I don't know if people don't believe it, but my numbers just out and about. I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: You love making friends. I do.
Speaker 2: And it happens for being like an only child and stuff and being being alone so much.
Speaker 1: They have thatnnection with you. We're going to go on a quick break and we'll be right back with Candy lover all. Right, you guys, welcome back. Where do you see yourself Let's say, three years from now, hoping because obviously, like you know, was like, I don't think you planned that. Obviously you didn't plan that.
Speaker 2: And everyone's like, you didn't even take another dress. I was like, no, I thought I was gonna be sitting for the live stream.
Speaker 1: You met him.
Speaker 2: No, I would say, performing on one of those stages, okay, because I presented, but like, obviously the dream is the one they perform at. One and acting, Oh.
Speaker 1: You want to get into acting? Oh okay, one kind? Like what are we thinking?
Speaker 2: Horror or comedy?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Don't get me. No romance. I'm too toxic for that. I'll be like, director, this is a lie, this is fake red flags?
Speaker 1: Okay? Wow? Horror? Okay, like what kind of horror? Like? What's scary? Are you talking about?
Speaker 2: All of it?
Speaker 1: Really? You like that?
Speaker 2: Oh so much? I am like the girliest. Then you'll ever like meetu huh but a little dark? I love it? What's your favorite word?
Speaker 1: Movie?
Speaker 2: Then final destination. You can't see.
Speaker 1: I cannot stand you. I can't. I hate that movie so much.
Speaker 2: Why it's particularly active, That's why it's you can't. You can't escape it on.
Speaker 1: The freeway when I'm in front of like the semi trucks or like a.
Speaker 2: Pole hanging from it. Absolutely not you.
Speaker 1: No, I cannot.
Speaker 2: Escalators, stairs like the ladders and stuff going over a bridge move.
Speaker 1: Do they ever tell you not to put your hand inside the sink?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I will never. I will never. That thing can stay dirty for life, like absolutely not.
Speaker 1: My sink is flooding, but I gotta clean up. I'm like, no, no, no, the one time. Imagine I always think about the Devil never sleeps. That thing can turn off, turn on and magic. No. Okay, So you want to do those.
Speaker 2: Movies like just yeah, oh my god, it's it's unpredictable. You just never know. I But then I do like love like those pays and stuff like that. But I'm like, that's a person like come at.
Speaker 1: Me, which comes with like a whole nother thing. You gotta go to acting classes and all that stuff, right, which is another thing to add to the schedule.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I feel like people don't realize it, but I have a lot of bad days and when I go live, I just so I'm like, I feel like I have some experience in the acting part of it, I guess, So I don't know, and I do a lot of like, dude, I'm making myself sound so freaking crazy on this podcast is ridiculous. Like I'll talk to myself and just have these scenarios where I'm acting with myself. So I'm like, this is practice.
Speaker 1: No, you know what, Like it makes mean Yeah, I guess. But it's like also when it comes to those situations like some like you just can't fake the funk, like you when you said you've you know, you had a panic attack, you.
Speaker 2: Blew up at one places. Yeah, sorry, mom.
Speaker 1: But this is normal, normal things. But you know, we got to take a step back and reanalyze and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: But I feel like it's like my little acting classes on the side.
Speaker 1: For sure, You're like if I could do this, I could do that. Yeah, I get it, I could see it.
Speaker 2: But from watching so many movies and stuff too, Like I feel like I've learned a lot of like how to act. Yeah, a lot of people try to overdo it to where you actually want to keep it just minimal.
Speaker 1: You know what, as a friend and someone that has seen you for a while and has admired obviously your creativity and everything that you do, because I could be creative, but your creativity is a whole nother level. You know, your brain is working at a million miles per hour. Like you make something for I'm all about your red carpet looks. Whenever you do something. I'm like, there's no way this bitch is doing this. Like she went as a hot cheetle. Okay, queen, go off like that is the passic.
Speaker 2: And I didn't wash the bag, so they totally smelled like it too.
Speaker 1: No way, so you smelled like a fart.
Speaker 2: I get, I got a rash.
Speaker 1: No, you know she's committed. She's a committed girl, you guys, please just I think, more than anything, if anybody's listening or watching to this podcast is learning to be kind and understanding and also appreciate the art of everything, you know, not just the music because obviously that's an art in itself, but the creativity here, your hard work for your family as well. Like it's a lot and.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are like, oh my god her outfits, Like it's so extra like yourself. I'm like, I love it. You step out, step out of your comfort zone and just do something that makes you happy that day, Like you want to like look funky for a day, look funky for the day, Like who cares? Like that person's gonna be like, oh well, yeah, like you look like crap. But it's like, did you enjoy it? Did you have fun? Like who cares? It's kind of like when I was big and people are like, oh, like, why would you wear that? Like that's so embarrassing. I'm like, because that's the body that I have today. Yeah, this is literally the body that I'm living in today, and I'm not getting that experience. I don't know what I'm gonna have this experience again. So I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of that day, not care what I look like. My arms are jiggling, jiggle away like.
Speaker 1: I'm no, but I admire everything that you're doing, and I'm gonna be checking in on you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be going with me certain places.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be good out there. No, but I'm gonna be me. My main thing is how you're feeling here in them here.
Speaker 2: But wait, wait, wait, okay, you interviude me, But what about you?
Speaker 1: No, okay, tell me ask me something.
Speaker 2: Okay, where do you see yourself in three years?
Speaker 1: Three years? Okay, ware ware, you were we in twenty twenty four. We're in August. I do want to be I want to open a nonprofit foundation, whether that be for mental health or as I recently went to Cuba and I want to donate and add stuff and that touched my heart. So I want to do something along somewhere along those lines giving back. I love it, you know. I think in these next three years, I do I want to be more laid back, like I do want to get off the face of the internet for a little bit, because it's been a lot. It's been a long time, and I'm getting tired, very very tired of just things in general, and I'm just like this is not I want to start thinking of a plan BCD ABCD. Yeah, you know you know what I mean. I'm leaving my plan A but I need BCD. So whether that be like investing in other things and that helps me, you know, I want to just get off for a bit, so put myself in other businesses and step away a little bit from the internet.
Speaker 2: And what is it? What is like your number one passion right now? Passion right now?
Speaker 1: Ooh, my number one passion, I think taking care of myself. And that's why I'm like I was about you, because I stopped taking care of myself and taking care of everybody else for a long time. So I know what that is. And I would take care of people emotionally. So it's like I'm carrying the weight of other people's emotions when I'm not addressing my own. So like when you were talking about your family, it was like, yeah, that's my passion taking care of myself. And like obviously, like I said again, like the Cuba and like putting myself where things actually matter, like changing the world. Literally, I know it sounds so cliche, but I'm really big about, you know, making a change because yeah, obviously we're here, you know what we do here, We're making a difference. But again, it's at the cost of my mental health. And like so it's not change me, it's making me. It could make me more bitter and hate you know, certain things. So it's like, you know what, like I want to make a change. I want to do something better I want people. I want to be known for something other than just social media or being her daughter, you know what I mean. So I don't know, there's just things that I just I feel like when you've been in this so long and as you get older, it changes. Yeah, And I'm just.
Speaker 2: And that's something people don't realize, Like we change, like all.
Speaker 1: All of us change, and it's like forbidden, Yeah, God forbid we change or whatever, and it's like no, it's like we learn six Like I'm going to be getting to my thirties, I'm gonna have kids, i want to get married, I want to fall in love. Like you know, things are moving.
Speaker 2: Thinking about that, so I'm like, do I get off the birth control?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Dynamic is changing, life is changing. Everyone needs to move along with the change.
Speaker 2: How old are you? I'm turning thirty, you're turning thirty. Yeah, you're look ashes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Darren, I'm sorry if you don't propose, like you should have called me. You should have proposed here. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty thirty, And I was like I've always said, I'm like, in five years, we're gonna, you know, try for a kid. It's I think it's been five years. Five years, yeah, in three and two.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now that you're here, do you want to now or do you want to wait longer? Now?
Speaker 2: I feel like there's no way. There's no way right now. And it's more of a I know the kind of mom that I'm gonna be, and there's no way I could have a kid right now. I will drop everything for my baby. I know how I am. I do for my dogs. That's not like when I seen them like friends, I love you, and that's something I do a lot too. So we get like the dog beds and toys and food, and we donate to like a lot of our local recues. For me, I would love one day to have like a dog sanctuary, like like a big farm. Yes, Like, oh my god, I've seen they have one in Poland. This is so random. I'm so sorry if this podcast is like, just kick me out, be like vigil what are you doing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But in Poland they have this like it's like a like a rescue, but it's individual like houses that look like a real house, and they train them so that when they get adopted they're ready.
Speaker 1: Like that's cute.
Speaker 2: It's the cutest thing.
Speaker 1: Which a lot of people don't like to do because they don't want to put the work.
Speaker 2: No, they have like little beds, and I'm like, it's a little house, like a real house, Like it looks like a house with a little yard and everything for each dog. And I was like, why don't we have this here? Yeah, because I've had to do videos, like at the Riverside Shelter because oh my god, the amount of dogs I can put down is ridiculous, and I've had to do videos and I go in there and I just see them. It's like it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: That's so sad.
Speaker 2: So we do a lot of that, Like our local rescues we give like the beds. I go to CJ. Max's they have the big, big ones, like the big beds, and we get these. And then City of Hope we don't eate weeks too. Like I also like giving back, but I don't like posting about it because I get hate for it. I life the grass.
Speaker 1: I know the dead grass. Where's the how's the grass today? Is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: It's painted, but it'll be fine. The gardener's coming tomorrow. Oh my god, it's like a beige. I painted the thing.
Speaker 1: It looks dry. That's fine. It's somewhere it's hot.
Speaker 2: When everything's are having a bad air or someone's talking bad about you, like hit their grass.
Speaker 1: Did you see Candy spraping her grass today? Like why would she do? Like bro? What the fuck? Oh my god? Whatever. Anyways, we're talking about being good people, doing good for the earth, doing good for the dogs. I ruined it and no, no, no, it's fine. No, But you live, I think, can you live in the perfect city to be able to get like a ranch or like a big ass something.
Speaker 2: And that's why I do it on that piece of grass. No one walks on that grass. That grass.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be so cute though, I think, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just like love that, like I love dogs.
Speaker 1: There's a puppy I know where was the puppy beople? He was upstairs because if not, he gets too crazy and he jumps every on everything, and then he likes to be nosy. You see, he just comes being nosy and then he left.
Speaker 2: And he don't like matches, like the like the whole esthetic.
Speaker 1: It's like who are you and why are you touching? Why are you in this?
Speaker 2: But you know that's a good way to judge character for sure. If someone I feel like, if someone doesn't like pets to me, it's like, because pets, I feel like they're the most innocent thing. Like they love you unconditionally, like you could be thinking, and like they will just give you all this love. So I'm like, who doesn't.
Speaker 1: Doesn't I agree? And I didn't realize that until I had my like first dog, Like, because I think dogs are, like, you know, they're cute. I just never thought like I needed one to have, you know what I mean. And then obviously I got one. I'm just like, it's different, like you experience like he's gonna love me no matter.
Speaker 2: What, no matter what, like you're the highlight of their day every day. I saw this video the other day, you guys who probably saw it on TikTok because it went super viral, and it was like, Mom, I'm sorry that I'm so full of energy and excited when you come home.
Speaker 1: It was like, babies, sorry, I was. I let's play.
Speaker 2: It's three in the morning, let's play.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's go.
Speaker 2: I love it. And then there's doc people and dog owners. Yea, yeah, I'm doc people.
Speaker 1: You love them all.
Speaker 2: If the dog touches me, I have permission to touch her back.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I want to thank you, my love, because you've shared so much light and so much insight, and I love that I can have these conversations with you and touch base on facts that matter. You know what I mean, because I think people lose insight and they forget about what it is. And again, it's not to complain, it's nothing like. No, it's just the reality of things, of what everybody goes through, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: And just be human, be kind, and you know, be supportive of other people. Yes, be supportive. It doesn't cost anything to be nice.
Speaker 1: No, it does not cost not one thing. Like think twice about what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Please please, if you see all the negative and something find the positive. Yeah, you point that out for once, you know.
Speaker 1: And okay, your time, please share. And the boutique, the shop, everything, your Spotify, all the good things.
Speaker 2: So my store is called Angelics Beauty. You can find it everywhere Angelic Beauty if you go. And I just follow Candy Love Eaty nine because I end up posting anything on there. Everything on there anyway, have Candy Lover Eaty nine on socials and Spotify as Candy lover.
Speaker 1: Oh without the eighty nine, without the eighty nine. Okay you say. I love that that name came out of being a little toxic. It benefits us sometimes, guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, it gives me like bad bunny vibes. Candy Lover, no, Candy lover, I can't well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming and sitting here and talking with me. And I loved it, and I hope you had a good time. I did, definitely, and I love you so much and I'm gonna support you and I am cheering you on no matter what.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you same here anything you need.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys. Make sure you guys like, comment, subscribe, Please follow Candy on all her socials, support her shop, support her lives, send nice comments, and go to her shows. Please. I will probably see you there and that will be it for this episode. I will see you guys next Tuesday. Overcome for Podcasts is a production of Iheart's Michael podcast Network.