Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome Awaken Jake myself, Jake's story Labbd producing. We are talking the world of baseball and football, and we cover that on the back end, but we are in it right now as I'm recording. It's six pm on Wednesday. That means my Yankees are about to play the Royals. That means the Padres and Dodgers about to play tonight, with the Padres having the chance to close out the series in that madhouse. The Mets and Phillies are playing right now. It's zero zero as I'm recording this. Kintana has no hits allowed through two point one, so we'll get there. Uh. And the lead that I people may be shocked to hear as the lead, I guess I'm not. The Detroit Tigers just beat the Cleveland Guardians three zero. They shut out the guard Dogs at home bullpen Day, because that's kind of what they've been doing for a while now. Cater Montera with six pitch open Okay, he was a starter for them for a chunk of the season. Brant Herder carries the load with fifty six pitches over three point one, five hits in a walk, zero earn runs that got Johnny's attention. Bau Brisky has been really good for them. Two innings clean, three punches. Gunther Sean Gunther, Okay, he's from Georgia. We've been having some fun with his name. Will vest who has been one of the stars of this postseason, and Tyler Holton on the back end with the save for the shutout. They scored one in the first Riley Green RBI ceiling single, Matt Vierling with the sackfly obviously, Trevor Ploof two point zero, and then Spencer Torgelsen, who had been on the Schneid hitless for the series. And maybe this is hot takey, but I've liked his swings. He's clearly just off, but not in a slumpy way like he's gonna run into some and maybe that double gets him going. I'm buying Spencer tourglsin stock for next year, which q the I'm ready to get hurt again meme because I bought some Spencer turglesin stock for this year did not pay off. And if I told Tiger fans before the season that your Spencer Turgl sinstock was not going to pay off, and if I told them that you were going to trade away Jack Flaherty and Mark Cannett the deadline, they would have expected that, or maybe not the Tourgelsen part, but they would have said, oh boy, we had another horrible season. Did we fire Hinch? Instead, They're up two games to one on the Cleveland Guardians in the Alds with a home game to seal it. It's still an unbelievable story. Eighty six wins out of those Detroit Tigers. Here's what I'll say, because this has been a popular debate around the office, is like, what can the Tiger the Tigers really do because my snakes last year, you know, when you actually put it down on paper, it kind of felt like these Mets, like the whole lineup, you had veterans or young guys that you were like, Okay, they could give you a game, they could give you a net bat, they can hit, they can play some like every guy in the lineup was bringing something. They had. Starting pitchers, Brandon Fott breakout happened in front of our eyes, Zach Gallon an ace of sorts and ace I'll be easy on that, along with some other starting pitching options that they you know, they figured it out for a postseason to get to the World Series. The Tigers, something still feels off because it's Trek Scoubele, who's gonna win your saw young and hasn't given up a run. These playoffs in two starts Houston and Cleveland. But then they're just literally piecemealing together games. Brent Herder, we're gonna need fifty today. Who's that other curly beautiful baby boy. Reel some of the pictures and images of him with his rosy cheeks and hair. Hey man, he gave them five point one winner and run last time. Did kind of lose the game because he gave up the homer on that swing. They gave up poland all the iron runs. But the Tigers are sitting pretty. The kiddies are sitting pretty, if you will. They have one game at home tomorrow that they can piecemeal however they want. There's an off day in between, so just make sure none of your relievers throw kind of like over thirty pitches unless you're locking down the win. If they don't win that game and there's game five, they have the bad man. They have Trek skouble that and their bullpen has been fantastic that they are set up really good. It's been a debate around the office. What can these Tigers do? Because everything I said about the Dinmonbacks, even the Mets, the lineup is uninspiring. And maybe because it's all kids, which again I think that adds to the danger a little bit. Like sure, Colt Keith hasn't hit this series, although he's gotten on base these playoffs. For me, that means nothing. These kids just think about winning right now, like and they think at some point it's gonna be their turn to hit. I think the Tigers are gonna move on. I really do. And I think the more important question Kansas City and the Yanks tee it up tonight. More important question that feels rude when you're wearing a Yankees hat. I understand that Yankees and Royals tea it up tonight. A little nervous seth Lugo on the mound had an incredible season. Uh one start against the Yankees. Guy hit a little bit, it was all early, and then he settled in and he you know, he lasted in that game and then he had one star where he mowed down the Yanks. He's a big pitch mixed guy. That's what Johnny's been on that the Yankees kind of struggle with those guys. If you're kind of a dominant fastball slider. The Yanks are pretty good at adapting to that. Said, Lugo throws like six pitches.
Speaker 2: I take the over righty change up. Yeah, have you heard what the nerds are calling pictures like him now? No interested rainbow pictures. Oh it's like on the stackcast of the pictures, it's different colors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got the whole rainbow.
Speaker 1: Sure, don't tell that to Jason Adam. I was gonna. I thought you might say, like octopus pictures or something. I guess I was thinking of that old raise graphic. But let's see what happens tonight. Neither MVP has showed up. Bobby Witt and Aaron Judge could be huge for obviously huge for either side if one of them has the game or who else? You know, could it be a Stanton or a Glaber or Juan Soto For the Yankees, that's where they have all these options in the lineup. Jas Chisholm hoomered in his last step bat you know who can take over a game for the Yankees where you know, if for the Royals, it's again more of a playoff formula. They got a lot of guys that can be pest. Tommy fam could be a pest. Julie Gariell has been a pest. Michael Massey like he's actually you could put him in potential big game category because he's got a nice lefty swing. It's a massive one tonight. Yankee fans are a little nervous. Clark Schmidt gets the nod over Louis Heel, which is a decision that we don't know the right answer. Louise Heel has been electric at points in this season. He's gotten extra rest, He's thrown a lot more than he has it during any season. He's a double Tommy John guy. He's still young. He got worse as the season went on. Clark put up a great season and him and Michael King were the two guys debated to be in the Sodo trade. Everyone kind of agreed that Michael King had higher potential. Go look at Clark Schmidt year put together a really nice half of a season. It ended up being sixteen starts because he missed a chunk of time with an inj but are in the twos so Clark gets the start. Interested to see how that goes he's limited damaged this year when he's gotten hit where Heel, he's got a little more potential to blow up. There's wonders if the Yankees might funny business this and do a Davy hap situation and Heels comes out gunna blazing early on. We will see. God if the Royals have a chance to close it out in Kansas City with some of those Jazz Chisholm quotes and luck and we're gonna win. Horrifying nightmare potential close to the season. If you are the Yankees with Aaron Judge not playing well, it will be Garrett Cole in Game four. And I think everyone believes, although his playoff resume isn't spectacular, everyone believes after the five days rest that he should be sharp and give them the business. Royal fans are gonna be saying, hey, we hit him pretty good and we get to see him again. A nervous twenty four forty eight hours coming for Yankee fans. They are the better team. I do think the Yankee should win this series. Sometimes that's not baseball. I'm not gonna say it's luck jazz, but man, you know, if Bobby wit clips Clark tonight and it's too nothing. I don't know, I don't know. And let's see, let's see what kind of fight these Guardians having him, because they are talented up and down the lineup. We've called him the creepy neighbor. If something clicks for them, hello, So that's kind of the al summary. Tigers are sitting pretty. Let's see where the Royals and Yanks are at in a little bit. Meanwhile, in the National League, Ranger Suarez is just grinding right now, this is live. It's in the third ending of the stat that just popped up first pitcher to allow four plus hits, two plus walks in the first two innings and not give up a run. So Phillies are getting their bullpen up now at zero zero. If you're a Mets fan, you kind of can't let it go back to the bank. You just can't. So we will see. I wish I had a little more time to tell you people what actually goes on in this game, but we are about forty five minutes from Yankees kickoff that I will be checking in and streaming that in a little bit. Hopefully there's a lot of you that'll be checking that out. And then San Diego and the Dodgers. God, that game was special. I was really in Baseball heaven with each person coming up with the talented and skill of Michael King coming off of his best playoff start to get got by ta Oscar, the Dodgers sitting through that inning from hell to fight through it and bounce back the next inning. A show. Hey, just missing a game tying Homer Machado running in the grass and it's legal and it shouldn't be. I don't know if that's popular or unpopular comment below. I know it was legal in what he did, and it's a heady move and I'm shocked more guys haven't done it more, but they can't. That can't be. You can't do that. That's just one of those feels. If if you were if that happened against your team, I think you'd say that shouldn't be legal. Good on him for making a heady play and being the pest of this series and taking the brunt of the ire from Dodgers and Dodger fans and all of that. I think we're gonna get another special one tonight. Very scared by crooked neck Ryan Brazier getting the start after that I feel good for the Dodgers, and hey man, you know, if you have to throw up the forest the Tatisa in the first that's okay, because you can't lose to him in the first inning. You can't. You cannot. But I think what we saw from those Dodgers last night and taosk with the Homer in the top of that lineup and gritty Freddy playing on one leg, Mookie got a home or show. Hey is here? I just think we're gonna get an epic one tonight. I don't know which way it goes. I just think I was on the padres winning this series, and I still think they do. I didn't like them playing the Dylan Cees on short rest card never done it or did it once? I think then never either way BBD on the research there. I don't like that you have the security of a game five if you need it, I guess if you don't have any other options they had Martine Perez, that do you do you use him as almost an opener, like tell him to open up the whole bag of tricks, like even if you only get through one, that's fine, one two. I don't know. I was surprised to hear that it would line up Darvish for a Game five if they get there. Hey, I picked the Padres to win the series, and that place could just be overwhelming. Tonight. That team could be overwhelming.
Speaker 3: Never started on a game on three days rest in his career.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know his quote.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to it. I'm excited. I've never done it, but that doesn't really matter to me.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure it'll matter if you have a bad day, tell you that much, dyl. I just hope we get another electric game. That Dodgers bullpen has been a sneaky strength of their team to put together nine innings on back to back nights. The truth is they gotta put runs on the board. Game one, they put up seven and one. Last night, seven could have won it. They put up five. That offense is gonna have to go. They're gonna need efforts out of guys. We haven't seen trining since the thirty nine pitch outing. Blake Trinan might have to give them two or three tonight. Kopek who Manny will tell you they think they're on He needs to do it. Evan Phillips hasn't pitched since that game. Went, so I think the Dodgers knew that their bullpen is gonna have to carry them through innings, which we saw how strong the Padres was, and these are guys that have pitched big playoff innings. Banda looked great last night, So band A, Brazier, Vesia, Hudson, Phillips trying and Copick. Can you get through nine? I think they can, but god, it's gonna be a tight rope. And does young Land and Knack get in the mix, because you know, people were wondering if he was going to start this game. He is not. They're probably gonna try to use him because you need length, but that's gonna be a scary asque. So I don't know. I think a lot of people, with the Madhouse of San Diego and how good that lineup is, is ready to move these fathers forward. I still would anyways, I just don't know if it's in this game. And if you can get San Diego l in LA for Game five, that's the Dodgers' best chance. That sounds obvious at this point. I think at the start it was too. If you can get a lead and maybe make the Padres think about not using their apen one more time, then you got a real chance. I think I think last night's game was the highest played baseball of the year. Kudos to them and man, the Mets and the Phillies. By the time you're listening to this, the Mets could already be dancing or everyone could be going, oh my god as it heads back to Philly for Game five. All right, tigers, what that's baseball? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Not sure? Hey, football, Let's get into the football. And it's brought to you by the DraftKings Sports Book. At Chill in the air, leaves to fall on the ground every weekend, that's what falls about. And at the Draftking Sports Book, go bet untouched down the number one place, and right now, all new customers who bet five dollars will instantly get two hundred dollars and bonus bets when you use code Bakers. That's two hundred dollars and bonus bets instant. Lee, So download the DraftKings sports that we have now new customers use promo code Bakers. That's right. Bet just five dollars on any wager and get two hundred dollars and bonus bets. Instantly bakers at the DraftKings sportsbook. Go click the link in the descripts you.
Speaker 4: Own gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and Y, or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co. Slash Bass football.
Speaker 1: We got a good one Thursday. And you know I love London game. And Chris Rose isn't calling this one, but he's calling the London game in two weekends. I believe it's a bad I don't want to say it's a bad one. I think it's Patriots Jags. I think the Jags are playing two London games. I mean, let's just move them out there path. I like to chew through the weekend. It starts Thursday night, and we've got a fun one. The forty nine Ers, the two in three forty nine Ers, Hello football. They are going to Seattle to take on the twelfth man in the Seattle Seahawks. The Seahawks were one of those darling teams at the start of the season. Three and zero. Here they come, Broncos, Patriots, Dolphins. Not exactly your murderers row to start the season. In hindsight, Dolphins played essentially Sam's QB. They lost to the Lions. They kept it close for a little while. A lot of people liked that loss for Seattle. I don't think as many people like the loss at home to the Giants, although, you know, Ascar talking Giants guys, they're feeling a little better about them on this season on the whole than they thought. Niners really need a win, could be a good push, come to shove game. The Niners have a lot of injuries throughout the roster. They were the healthiest team last year. That was one of kind of the buried leads about the forty nine ers team. You'd like to still think they have enough talent and motivation to go out and get a win to not drop to two and four. But let's see what this Seattle team's really made of. They like their new head coach. He's got a good coach, angry demeanor to him. Important. I don't know, your heart just tells you Niners in this one. I would not be surprised if they lose, though. Their season is starting to have a feeling of just something's off. From Christian McCaffrey to start the season to missing week one and we're all shocked to being like flying to Germany for flights to check out your knee. I forget who I was listening. I think it was Willy Cologne who was like, anytime someone's got to fly out of the country to get something checked out, it's bad. Pretty true, Pretty true. Otherwise you don't do that. And again Rock Purdy, like everyone's talked about a nauseum when everything is there, Rock Purty good when everything's not there. He can't carry the offense like a lot of quarterbacks, even though a lot of the quarterbacks that carry offenses haven't really been doing it this year. So that'll be a fun Thursday night check in with playoff Baseball potential game fives. We head to London Jaguars and Bears. The Bears are three and two. Caleb, my guy, there's a little sarcasm in that voice, because I've been in Jaden Daniel stan three hundred yards. Last week, they dice up Carolina. I think all three of their wins are at home. Let me double check, yep. So they head technically to the Jaguars in London. Jaguars got their first win on the board. I talked to Chris Rose on the phone flex and he said these. I threw out a flippant joke of sorts. I said, if the Jaguars lose that we might have another Robert Sala situation on our hands with Peterson. Chris Rose gave a confidence. I don't think so. He kind of likes the Jags, and I guess, you know, maybe Doug Peterson has better job security than a normal fan would assume that. Yeah, I Bears minus two and a half. I think I might take Jaguars to get a w as I continue to fade the Baby Bears a little bit. But God, if Caleb gets to foreign two, good on them. Like again, I don't want to be a Caleb Hayter. I'm just not fully bought in yet. The Cardinals who snuck out one of those wins against the forty nine ers last week. Kind of out of the blue, they go to Green Bay to face the Packers, who are three and two coming off a win versus Trevor Ploof and Matthew Saffords Rams last weekend. This is an interesting one, a good litmus test for both of these teams. Arizona with a chance to get to five hundred and become part of the conversation earlier in the season Kyler running for a fifty yard touchdown to get the last game started against Jordan Love and the Packers, who the Packers went too and oher with Malik Willis, So yeah, Jordan Love's kind of got a you know, people aren't gonna get loud, but that's a fun one. That's gonna be a good fantasy day. That reeks to me like a thirty five thirty three player players in that game. Titans Colts loll kind of same. It just feels like these two teams link up and chaos happens. Colts the Joe Flacco Show, if you haven't seen his scramble for last week, it was kind of electric. Big Joe was getting a up, get them down against the Titans. Who will Levis is the new Ryan Fitzpatrick. It's an electric watch. I can't promise you it's going to be good for the Titans. This game will have great highlights, good fantasy numbers. Oh the Texans. They go on to face the Patriots the foreur and one Texans in New England, as Caleb May makes his debut for the Patriots. Sure, let's see. You know I wasn't righting the bow Knicks bus and here come the Broncos. Babe Houston's minus seven on the road there, four and one. I think they're going to be I think the Texans are lining up to be the team that wins like thirteen regular season games but loses earliest in the playoffs. Like we have one of those teams every year that you're like, damn there, how many games do they win? And then they get the bye and then they get beat by a team? Sorry Texans fans like actual analysis there. It just happens every year. Patriots, good good luck to the start of the Caleb May area era. Maybe you'll have something exciting to talk about the Buccaneers in the Saints Scott, The NFC South continues to bring it. The Saints remember when they were America's darling. The offense is real, two to zero, forty five points a game. They've lost their last three. I think they're averaging like fifteen points per game in those last three. It's coming apart. They're at home against the Buccaneers. A good time to write the ship. Well the Buccaneers, I don't know. The Saints feel so weak to week and they're coming off a week where they played good against the Atlanta Falcons. Well, Kirk does throw for five oh six on their defense, but it was thirty six to thirty that if they had won that game, which they were a part of that game, we'd be talking about the more in one Buccaneers. I think the Saints were complete fools. Gold, Dennis Allen, Derek Carr like as much as I believe in Alvin Kamara, and maybe we get that and they just feed him a ton again. It feels like they're back to being a mass Saints team. That's a really good home field and the Buccaneers are a minus three and a half point favorite. Eagles. Brown's Eagles coming off there bye week. Brown's trying to implode on themselves. Philly's a nine and a half point favorite. Actually, both these teams are looking to implode on themselves. If the Eagles don't figure it out this game, my goodness, or if we finally get the Jamis Winston game that Browns fans and I think America is waiting for the Deshaun stuffs getting ugly. The steven A clip this week. If you haven't seen that, you need to. Steven A just basically said that Deshaun stevensould should be arrested for how bad he's been. Deshaun Watson. He's just like he's been so bad he should be arrested. It's like, WHOA got a good reaction out of the panel? Steven A finds away Eagles off a bye week, you have to think, right, but man, if they didn't Siriani, especially after Sala Salah just lost his gig, you have to wonder could it? Would it? The Ravens and Commanders buckle up the hot to trock Commanders, who are four and one. Jayden Daniels is taken down the sport. The Ravens they are back. They're three and two. They dominated the Bills and I fell for them. They played that chaos game against the Bengals in overtime that they could have easily lost if McPherson and their special teams shouldn't be on McPherson. It was a bad snap. If they bury that kick, I'm talking about the two and three Ravens and blah blah blah, it was a close loss. He's right, that might be the game of the day minus six and a half Ravens. Good test for the Commanders. That's gonna be some real big boy football. That region loves its football. If you ever listen to Scott Van Pelt talk about how much that region loves football. They just haven't had a lot of a teams, especially from the Washington side. That's gonna be fun. Okay, let's go the four pm slate. I want to miss them because I don't want to forget them. The Broncos, the three and two Denver Broncos. Jake, where's your Bronco meter? I'm watching. Let's see where the playoff baseball is at. I'm watching my horses this weekend. They're three and two. They just beat the Raiders, a ten to nine win over the Jets at MetLife. If you remember that one, not the flashiest, but wins and their two losses were actually close to the stillers in the Seahawks. So you guys know, I've got a little love hate going with with my Broncos right now and Sean Payton bo Nicks. I want to be one over maybe this weekend against the Chargers, and Harbaugh and Herbert really needed their bye week. But teams coming off bye weeks are really tough. I'll obviously be rooting Ponies Vegas Chargers minus three. So that's what they think about the Broncos recent success. Steelers Raiders, great uniforms. Not gonna tune in Pittsburgh. Three point favorites. Yep, they seem to win those games where the Raiders don't. Your final or No. Two four to twenty five games. Falcons Panthers know Panthers have lost America again. Falcons, Kirk if their offense, their offense is going to be the talk of the town, if they put up another crazy week, and then everyone will say, well, one of those games is against the Panthers, and then everyone's gonna be like, maybe we shouldn't allow Panthers stats this year. Cowboys, Lions your Thanksgiving teams Detroit in Dallas. How about them boys? They sive s five Pittsburgh. They are zero and two at home. They could have lost so easily last week. It was literally the last play of the game. Lions coming off a bye week, Lions minus three. I love that line. I think the Cowboys are not it this year. Bengals. Shelfy screaming from the other room as Ranger Suarez, My god, that guy. The night game. You want to get excited? The g Men are hosting the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday Night Football, the one in four Cincinnati Bengals. After their close loss to the Ravens. Bengals slow starts that's been covered here, that gets covered in a lot of football content. They didn't think like this, and Joe Burr's stats are there. Giants are two and three and they've played really well in like four out of their five games. The only blowout was against the undefeated Vikings. Giants fans are excited about this game. I don't know if they should be. Although Daniel Jones looks sharp. Last week, Tyrone Tracy Junior running the pill looked pretty sharp. There was no neighbors last week, so hey, there's room for growth. If this Giants team starts buying in. You get a lot of ugly ones at MetLife. Maybe they muck it up. I think Cincinnati's still really good. Joe Burrow twelve touchdowns, two interceptions in a year where still a lot of the qbs haven't been firing on all cylinders. Yeah, it's hard for me to get over that one. And your new look New York Jets host the Bills at MetLife Bills minus two and a half. There was a lot of jokes in the group chats this week, some at Rogers, some at Sala. My guy, Nathaniel Hackett got a lot of shrapnel this week. Again, don't know the guy, probably a nice cat. Rogers really likes him. Has an argument for one of the worst head coaching seasons ever. Got trash talked after he left, which, like coaches don't do that, Sean Payton did. The two and three Jets hosts the Buffalo Bills. Hey, sometimes there's a new coach effect and everyone rallies. Sometimes there's not. The Jets are usually not known for that. We'll be talking to you on Monday anyways. But okay, in this slate Thursday, good London, Sure grab your coffee. During the one o'clock games, you're gonna want to see Commander's Ravens is an absolute winner, and then Lion's Cowboys too. At that four pm uh with I think Bucks Saints, well, Cardinals Packers. I think that'll be a sneaky I think that'll be your red zone highlight reel game and we'll watch Giant spangles along with all the playoff football. Hey, thank you guys for tuning in. We will see you Monday.
Speaker 3: Uncle Dan waken Jak's production of Dan Patrick Productions, John Boy Media and Workhouse Media