Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings Ferry terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Welcome in to a very special episode for reasons that will soon become clear of what's right with the podcast and YouTube show we have. By the way, we have a fancy executive in studio here, the wonderful Angelina Monrazi, for who runs best. I can tell our entire social and digital department, and I hear she's here because we're doing so well on YouTube and because we need to be doing better with the podcast numbers, so she's here to monitor to see. So again, if you could subscribe on Spotify or iTunes wherever you listen and continue by the way, subscribing on YouTube or tell your friends to do so, we would appreciate it. By the way, little update, there will be no top fifty player revealed on Sunday because this coming week we are on vacation. So one week from Sunday, number three on the top of people our last fifty years will come out, and no matter who it is Kareem, Lebron or Michael, I have a feeling it's going to be our most watched episode up to this moment. So if you want to be the first person to get it, subscribe on whatever platforms I just mentioned before. Also today We have a special guest, but that guest will not be revealed yet. First, we must discuss what we always do, which is what we are not discussing. Here are the things that did not make today's show. We are not talking about hinz Field changing its name to actor Scherfield. What I will tell you is you know who broke that story, none other than Andrew Philipponi, one of my best friends in the world and a man who I once was his boss at a college radio station when I was making eighty seven dollars and fifteen cents a week. Shout out to war. We are not going to discuss Richard Jefferson's refereing career beginning and ending, and we are not going to discuss Jake Paul's goal being a light heavyweight champion as we continue our thirty six plus show stream of not discussing anything about the Paul brothers. However, what we will be discussing today is some family dynamics, and let me explain it. Today happens to be our regular co host Demansey's twenty fourth birthday. Happy Birthday to Monse. I asked him what he would like for his birthday. He said two things, money, which is typical, and to let him pick who would sit in for him. He's like, ooh, that's risky. I was like, you can have the day off from work. He's like, deal, I'll take it, but can I pick my replacement? I was like, who's he gonna pick? And he said, I want you to let Deanna do it. Deanna, you have heard her voice on this show. You have not seen her on the show until right now. That is his eight year old sister, one of my three favorite children. Deanna not a sports fan, but is going to pretend to be one for the next couple of the next hour.
Speaker 4: So Anna bear you ready to rock? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're ready? All right, Deanna? Are you ready? What are we starting with?
Speaker 5: He said, Rashid Wallace would be a top five player and better than Yuns.
Speaker 6: What use it?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm glad you started with that. Good decision by you. Let me say some nice things about Rashid Wallace. Rashid Wallace maybe a little historically underrated. That four Pistons team does not win the title without Rashid Wallace. Everyone says, oh, what if they had drafted Carmelo, Well, if they had drafted Carmelo instead of Darko. Yes, that would have been good long term, but if they had drafted Carmelo, they probably wouldn't have traded for Rashid, and then maybe they don't win the title. Rashid is known for the unbreakable record. I think he had a round fifty technicals in one season. That is more than Joe Demaggio's hit streak, more than will one hundred point game, the most unbreakable record in sports, because now you get suspended after sixteen technicals. Rashid was an awesome three point shooter ahead of his time for his size, great defender, excellent player. I say all that to say this, This might be the most batch and se sorry any sports take of the year.
Speaker 4: If you are I want everyone to understand what Andre gu what Aala is saying.
Speaker 3: He is saying Rashid Wallace would be far and away the best player in the NBA right now, because that's what better than Yannis means. Better than Yannis does not just mean you're all NBA. It doesn't just mean you're top five. It means you are clearly and unequivocally the best player in the league. Because Jannis is clearly and unequivocally the best player in the league, and he's saying he'd be better than him, Which is why I actually wanted to start the show with this because it is another example that I think kind of low key Yiannis is still underrated. I think we're gonna talk about this more later when we talk about skill versus impact. Because Jannis doesn't have a feathery jump shot.
Speaker 4: There are certain camps.
Speaker 3: Of peace that want to act like the obvious isn't true, and the obvious is he is the most impactful, most dominant, and therefore the best player in the league.
Speaker 4: Is he the most skilled player in the league. I don't know. Does he have the biggest bag in the league? Certainly not.
Speaker 3: Does any of that matter when he's the best defensive player in the league, when he is the most efficient scorer in the league.
Speaker 4: Oh, but can he gets you fifty?
Speaker 3: I don't know he can get your fifty to win the title, to win the NBA Finals, we were on.
Speaker 4: The top fifty players last fifty years list.
Speaker 3: I was going through what were the single best finals performances ever, and the one that I think jumps out to most people is Jordan in ninety three against the Suns when he had a fifty five point game or a fifty four point game. I think it was fifty five point game when he averaged forty one per game when he beat Barkley. If it's not that performance and it's not Lebron in twenty sixteen, it might be one of those two. But the only other candidate is not Wade.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Six is not pick your favorite Kareem Finals. That maybe the nineteen eighty finals when he didn't even win finals, MVP, pick your favorite Magic Final.
Speaker 4: It's none of those.
Speaker 3: It would be Yannis in twenty twenty one, when he was coming off the hyper extended knee and after Game one was thirty five plus every single night, essentially won a game with a block, won a game with an alley oop, and then hung a fifty piece to win the title, coming back from two to zero down. So somehow Yannis is still, by some of his peers a little underrated. Again, there's nothing against Rashid Wallace, but there is no era in which Rashid.
Speaker 4: Wallace would be the best player in basketball.
Speaker 3: Are there eras where that would fit his game more than the one he played? Yeah, this era with the stretch fives and stretch fours. His three point shooting would be even more valuable. That's all fair, and that's all true. But what's also true in fair is Rashid was a bit of a at times. Call him, I don't say knucklehead, but he is the guy that forgot to guard or or maybe calls the Pistons the second straight title in the series they lost to the Spurs in seven and five. And let's just be honest about Rashid Wallas great player, would never have been one of the best player in basketball, would never have been a top three player in basketball, no matter the era. All Right, I heard you huff there before we get the next question? Was that boring to you? Did you think I went on too long there?
Speaker 6: Yeah? And what did they say about the nicknames?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: You didn't want you? So can I call you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay? All right, I'm sorry we bleep that out guy, So America doesn't hear it? All right, but get go ahead. What what's next?
Speaker 6: The Jazz?
Speaker 5: By trade Donovan, Donvan Mitchell, she could come to New York.
Speaker 4: What's gonna app Okay? So that's another really good question.
Speaker 3: So the Jazz are you know, as Brian Windwurs let us all know in his very cagy manner a few weeks ago the Jazz are holding a fire sale. The Donovan Mitchell thing, though, is intriguing for two reasons. First of all, is this they got such a hole for Gobert. Trading any player that's a star player is going to be difficult for any team, much less than Jazz because they are not going to get five first round picks for Donovan Mitchell. They're gonna need to get players and they're gonna have to fill out their roster. The other point that I think is noteworthy is the following Donovan Mitchell has had less playoff success than John Wall had in Washington. The furthest Donovan Mitchell has ever gotten is a game six of round two. John Wall and those Wizards got to a game seven of round two. The idea that if.
Speaker 4: Donovan's your best player, can you win a title? Unequivocally know?
Speaker 3: If Donovan's your best player, can you make the finals? Unequivocally No, If Donovan's your best player, can you make the conference finals?
Speaker 4: Well, we haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: We have seen Donovan of his last six series lose five of them, and the one that he won was against the eight seed Grizzlies after they had won the playing game against the Warriors, and Job was a rookie.
Speaker 4: So point is.
Speaker 3: This, Donovan Mitchell is a really nice score, one of the twenty two best players in the league, and on the right team could put you over the top. So if Miami could get Donovan Mitchell and keep Bam and Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Butler, is that a perfect fit? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: And there are people connecting him to Miami. Do I think they have enough if they can't trade. I wouldn't trade Bam if I'm Miami. Bam is so wildly valuable to me because I have to go through Giannis every year, So I'm not trading Bam. So Miami Tyler hero. Plus they don't have all their picks. I think that's a hard trade to make. Everyone's connecting him to the Knicks. He might end up going to the Knicks. But then again, I hope that's fine. But Donovan Mitchell, Jalen Brunson, Julius Randall, you have a round two ceiling. If you even get to a round two, I don't think my opinion, Donovan Mitchell added to the Knicks, you got to make round two. You gotta be one of the four best teams. Does it make better than Milwaukee?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Does it make them better than Boston?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Does it make them better than Philly?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Does it make them better than Miami? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe what about what Cleveland's gonna be, Atlanta's gonna be? Not even mentioning Brooklyn. So I'm gonna give you two teams that I think make perfect sense for Donovan Mitchell if they want to consider it. The Philadelphia seventy six ers. They would trade Tobias Harris and Tyres Maxi plus a a pick, and I'm giving you multiple picks if I'm including Maxie in that deal.
Speaker 4: But for Philly that makes sense.
Speaker 3: And Utah, if you value you Maxie and his upside, I think that's a trade I would consider. The other one that I came up with this morning is Memphis Jaron Jackson Junior and picks for Donovan Mitchell.
Speaker 4: Again, you need to go to a team where you.
Speaker 3: Have a clear number one phil Miami as Jimmy, Philly as EMBIID. Memphis has Jah Jah plus Donovan plus they keep Dylan Brooks. You have Brandon Clark, You've got Steven Adams there. I actually think that would be a really interesting one. I hate losing Jaron Jackson, but you're probably not gonna get free agents. If you're Memphis, You've got to at least consider that. So the Knicks are the team that's been tied to him ever since they hired West and Leon Rose, and you know he's from the area. He keeps showing up at Mets games. Maybe they get him. I don't think. I don't think that makes them anything close to a Eastern Conference champion contender versus, let alone an overall championship contender. All Right, get Deanna, My apologies, Deanna Marie Right, what is next?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: First of all, I was yawning because this is boring.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Second of all, you've taengered QB Pyarman on TV. You've got Herbert top three.
Speaker 6: If you have, I'd bet on someone other than Mahomes.
Speaker 4: It's quite the dramatic other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to be MVP, who is it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So, as far as from an odds perspective, I do really like justin Herbert's chances. I listen, I am the QB pyramid is I have Mahomes at the top. Josh Allen and Justin Herbert on the level beneath him, and then we have Brady, Burrow and Stafford on the next tier. So I think what jumps out to people I answer the question in the moment is I don't have Rogers top six. If my goal is to win a Super Bowl. How can I put Rogers out of Mahomes, Alan, Brady, Burrow or Stafford. How now you can say you can put him ahead of Herbert. Herbert's been in the league two years, has never been to the playoffs. Amazingly though, despite never being to the playoffs in the last two years, two years where Aaron Rodgers won league in VP, he only has one fewer playoff victory than Aaron Rodgers Rogers. To me, Rogers should be getting the treatment the Meat gives Lamar. We know how great he is in the regular season. In the postseason, there's a real question marks. That's a fair criticism of Lamar. That is now also a fair criticism of Rogers. Rogers not gonna win the.
Speaker 4: Third straight MVP.
Speaker 3: Brady I think knows the Bucks aren't good enough for him to win MVP.
Speaker 4: It's one of the reasons he walked away.
Speaker 3: Mahomes is a smart bet because all of a sudden, it's like his Mahomes an underdog with no Tyreek Hill, toughest division ever.
Speaker 4: But you said it in the Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen would be a great bet, but there's no value there. I don't know if Burrow's gonna have the numbers, So my answer is justin Herbert. I think Herbert's numbers are gonna be unbelievable. I think the Chargers are going to be the second best team in that division. I think that people have underrated how great Herbert has met. He has the most yards through two years in NFL history, he has the most touchdowns through two years in NFL history. He has the most three hundred yard games through two years in NFL history.
Speaker 4: And I like his coach.
Speaker 3: I know some people don't like his coach, but Herbert to me is a good one. The other one, and I don't know if we can throw that pyramid back on the screen. The other one that to me as far as more of a flyer long shot bet. Well, none of these A Dack's not gonna win league MVP. But I'm trying to think of you know what, I'll give you a long long shot that I don't think is gonna happen.
Speaker 4: But I could see them having a really good record. I could see him having.
Speaker 3: A Oh everyone forgot about how good he is here Matt Ryan, Matt Ryan with the Colts.
Speaker 4: Do I think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: No, but a guy that's better than like forty to one, do I think that would be decent value?
Speaker 4: I do? All right, Deanna? What's last?
Speaker 5: Bobby Mark said Steph is the second best player ever, ahead of Lebron.
Speaker 4: I can use it, all right. Here's what I say. Me fix your chair for you. Uh listen, Bobby mars.
Speaker 3: Some folks would come here and start taking shots and be like, isn't Bobby Mark's the guy that traded, you know, the picks that turned into Jail and Brown and Jason Tatum for a year of Paul Pearson KG.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Some people would say, you know, Bobby Marx, you're just being a little too prisoner of the moment. Y. I might do that, but here is the other. I will address the stepf versus other greats in a moment, but first I want to have I'm going to do my best Draymond Green here and I'm going to talk about the modern media, and I'm going to be a little bit before vacation, a little self congratulatory.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you mocking me right now, Deanna? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And your foot is on my knee.
Speaker 4: Okay, I apologize.
Speaker 3: Were you mocking my hand movements earlier? Either, I'd move my hands too much when I'm talking. This is you, Yeah, that's how I talk. We're Italian, this is I'm not Italian. Now, Okay, all right here, let me let me answer the question. Despite you you not being interested. I'm gonna do my best. Draymond Green critique of modern media. Not everyone is built for the take game. And I say that with understanding how absurd it sounds, but it is also true. Bobby Marx is out here to explain how the CBA works, to talk about contracts, to talk about, you know it, long term cap ramifications. Bobby Marx, though, as a couple of times, dipped his toes into the take water and they've been a little too hot for him.
Speaker 4: The day James Harden was traded. Nobody remembers these things. I remember.
Speaker 3: I have a whole catalog of bad takes from other media members, especially media members that may have taken a few shots at.
Speaker 4: Me on Twitter once upon a time.
Speaker 3: I don't forget Bobby Bobo the day James Harden was traded on television said this summer, James Harden is going to sign the worst contract in NBA history, And he explained how the Sixers are gonna give him a quarter of a billion dollars, how was gonna be crippling to them long term, and why that was one of the reasons why I was a beat trade for them. And then all of a sudden this summer, James Harden opted out of his forty seven million and actually took a pay cut to thirty two million to help the team. And then Bobby Martzolvzuden gets on TV and they're asking I think the question was Lebron versus Jordan. He was like, Oh, let me throw a curveball at you, Jordan versus Steph because Steph's the second best player ever. I don't even want to talk about Steph's resume compared to Lebron's. It is clear and obvious and it is inarguable. But the people this is disrespectful to are Tim Duncan and Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant and other guys who's Steph is clearly behind on any legitimate all time ranking that he is then jumping him ahead of. And we talked about Magic a lot on the latest Top fifty of All Time video. But Magic's career again, I just want to reiterate the bold points he had twelve years before he had to retire due to HIV. It was during one of the most competitive eras in NBA history of the nineteen eighties, an era where now obviously Magic's younger than Michael came or older than Michael, pardon me, he came in before Michael, but where Michael couldn't sniff a championship and Magic Johnson won five. He went to the finals nine times. He played nine or twelve years. Those nine years, he won League MVP three times, he finished second in League MVP voting three times, and he came in third three times, So seventy five percent of his healthy years he was a top three player in the sport. Putting anyone other than Kareem, Michael, and Lebron ahead of Magic is so wantonly disrespectful and insane.
Speaker 4: If Magic hadn't been diagnosed with.
Speaker 3: HIV, he would have I think finished his career with a legitimate goat case. Instead, he sat out three years and came back and was eighty pounds heavier and was still good, and that brief time he came back in ninety six. So that's what, Diana, What are you pointing at?
Speaker 6: Zero? Zero?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Zero?
Speaker 4: The time?
Speaker 6: Zero?
Speaker 4: You mean I went too long?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 7: We're so done with New Year, new you. This year, it's more you on bumbo. More of you shamelessly sending playlists, especially that one filled with show tunes. More of you finding geminis because you know you always liked them. More of you dating with intention because you know what you want and you know what we love that for you. Someone knows we'll too be more you this year and find them on bumbo.
Speaker 6: Well, sitting down, she's j was talking. The dork was talking.
Speaker 5: Should be in kid, Why because you're a wimpy kid.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 6: Should be a dorg diary, Oh diary.
Speaker 5: You're a dor.
Speaker 4: Do you have someone feeding you these lines? Do you have an earpiece?
Speaker 6: No? I owe these lines for myself and my mom.
Speaker 5: I thought you were a door, but I never got to say it because I thought I would get in trouble, but Sissy said it to you, So now I can say what.
Speaker 4: What makes you think I'm a dor?
Speaker 6: Because you are?
Speaker 4: But there's what evidence? Give me an example?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Okay, are you ready to do this next? Secure? Did you need the practice?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Are you sure?
Speaker 6: Yes? Okay? Can you?
Speaker 4: Can you try to at least pretend to be interested in what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 3: Me, me?
Speaker 6: Not being interested is funny?
Speaker 7: Daddy?
Speaker 4: Do you think so?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Nobody cut this out?
Speaker 4: All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright?
Speaker 3: A special episode, special because it's our last episode for about a week as we are about to go on our first vacation since the show really started, and also a special episode because one of my three favorite children is here, none other than Deanna. How do you think that first segment went?
Speaker 5: Eh?
Speaker 4: How do you think I did? How do you think you did? Okay? That's what I figured?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Are you ready to start the second segment? Can you sit up straight?
Speaker 1: Can you?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 4: Can you speak with authority? What are we starting with?
Speaker 5: You were doing the strangers on Twitter again yesterday?
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 4: Okay? So here's what happened.
Speaker 3: So yesterday we're at none other than I can say where we were, correct though, none other than the wildly talented Danielle Monet Truitt's house. You know her as the sergeant bales On Orbells on Law and Order organized crime, a friend of my wife's from Sacramento days when they were little kids at our house. And I see a tweet and it's from one of these supposed real basketball accounts. They you know, they look past the numbers and the narrative and they break down the game. And they were explaining how listen, there's a reason that Lebron is not respected the way Michael and Kobe are. And he went on a thread about it. But then this was his final flourish and this is one of the most hilarious tweets I've ever seen. And then he had a funnier one later said for the impact on winning thing, it's simple. Michael's resume is unmatched. He didn't see a seventh game in his light. They stepped on that floor full of fear, Kobe's five titles in a ten year span, and that brutal West with Shaq being the only superstar he played with.
Speaker 4: Different before we get to my tweet.
Speaker 3: First of all, someone YadA YadA ying with Shaq being the only superstar he played with is one of the most asinine things I've ever heard. It's like, you know, you won the war with nukes being the only weapon you used. You had peak Shakill O'Neil for three of those five titles to gloss over that, like.
Speaker 4: That is just a yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, who yeah, I mean, it's just a guy. Is the guy who played center is just objectively dumb. But he said something there that a lot of Jordan people say, never played in the Game seven, never faced the Game seven. So I responded with this, which is my favorite thing about some of these supposed real basketball accounts is the wanton line. MJ played in three Game sevens, and two of them are very famous. The Pip and Migraine game, which was Game seven of these Renuments finals the lot in nineteen ninety and then the Game seven against Indiana the last Dance season, which we saw them talking about. That was the game after Reggie hit the famous shot when on the bad ankle and then Birds walking Away, doesn't you know? Totally non plus also played in the Game seven against the Knicks played multiple game fives in round one when Round one.
Speaker 4: Was only five game series, but he either here or there so and.
Speaker 3: Then I expanded by the way before he showed the next week that for Jordan's got an obviously great goat case on the merits. But some of the Jordans Sikaphans demand to create a history. They're like, oh, he won six titles, and he would have won eight titles if he hadn't retired, even though one of those years he came back and lost to the team that then lost to the Rockets. They also say, oh, if he wanted to be good at three pointers, he would have been good at three points. Like, no, he wanted to be great at everything, and the only time he was above league average in three point shooting was when they moved the line in.
Speaker 4: You don't Lebron fans.
Speaker 3: Don't say, yeah, he's only mediocre and free throws because he doesn't care about him. We're like, no, it's great player, greatest player, or some of us say, but not a good free throw shooter. And the lying about the game seven thing, that's just not even an opinion, that's a fact. So I sent that tweet and then this guy is the audacity to respond to it, among other things, is he just finded a few things and said, suckers can't counter a statement, so they rage over a dissect a spelling mistake.
Speaker 4: He called that a spelling mistake. Hey, so what he's saying.
Speaker 3: He wanted to say was MJ didn't see a game seven in the finals, but he misspelled it and wrote instead, MJ didn't see a game seven.
Speaker 4: In his life.
Speaker 3: I hate that when my iPhone auto corrects in the finals to in his life a common spelling mistake. But I told you the first tweet wasn't the most hilarious. This tweet was the one that was most hilarious because don't show it just yet. He says he would love to play me one on one, which this is not a question of who is the better basketball player. However, spoiler alert, neither me or mister Ball don't stop or great basketball players. You know how I know because neither one of us has any video of us playing that isn't recorded on an iPhone. You know what great basketball players have. Hey, here's my televised games in college or the pros. But that didn't stop him from sending out this tweet, which I might frame and put on my wall. If I come in my peak form, Nick's not getting a shot off on three dribble Max.
Speaker 4: Who are these people think they have a peak form? Buddy, you're a basketball blogger.
Speaker 3: You don't have a peak form. You might have a I looked pretty good at open gym today form.
Speaker 4: You might have a hey they saw me.
Speaker 3: Warming up and they picked me to be on their team on the blacktop form.
Speaker 4: There is no peak form for any of us.
Speaker 3: We are all guys that as little kids wanted to play in the NBA. Recognize at some point, some of us sooner than others, well that Shane happening, and instead we went to talking about it. My peak form that is Al Bundy esque, my peak form. Let me fix your microphone, Danna. If you're a little worried about that, I got that. I'm done with that rant. By the way, do you do you think I'm If I were to play that guy in one on one, then I would win in basketball?
Speaker 6: I haven't seen you play.
Speaker 4: What's your gut? Do you think I'm good?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: What a shocker? I appreciate that than you you would beat that guy? Good call? I agree with that. I would take you in that game. Okay, I'm told we're now playing a game that won't tell me what game it is. What game are we playing? Or this or that?
Speaker 3: Okay, sit up and tell me the first one. Oh you like that graphic? Okay, go ahead?
Speaker 6: That a summerly Paolo or check.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So they shut down Paolo early because he tweaked the ankle, and Chet did have some spectacular moments and also some rough moments, most notably when Kenny Lofton Junior was bullying throughout.
Speaker 4: Even though Kenny Lofton Junior will never play a second in the NBA, my answer is Palo.
Speaker 3: I thought Palo looked sensational in his two Summer League games. I think Polo looked ready. I think that if I were to bet on a Rookie of the Year based on those Summer League games alone, plus the duke pedigree, Polo would have my bet. I thought Palo looked like the real deal. Chat showed you the upside and the downside. Chet's gonna be a work in progress throughout. He's gonna have some great moments and also gonna get pushed around quite a bit.
Speaker 4: My ANSWER's Palo. Al Right, what's next, Dianna?
Speaker 6: First of all, you wrote one twice.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry about that on this and I did what spelled I spelled palo that way so you could pronounce it easier. I was trying to help you out, baby, Okay, Okay, it's called phonetic spelling.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, alright, what's We're gonna go a little.
Speaker 5: Bit faster because we have three Okay, go ahead, more more interesting QB story. Jimmy G might go to Seattle or Baker being done with progressed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think it's far and away, Jimmy G. And I think the Seahawks going into a year with Drew Locke as their quarterback and Gino is the backup. That can only mean one thing. You want to be the worst team in the league. You want to have the number one pick, And that would make sense if Pete Carroll wasn't seventy plus years old. I don't think Pete Carroll wants to tank. I don't think Pete Carroll wants his final years in the NFL to be awful. And I don't think people Pete Carroll wants people to be like, ah eh, pretty mediocre. Wants, you know, before Russell Wilson and after Russell Wilson. So I think Jimmy g going to Seattle makes a lot of sense. Baker and the progressive commercials listen, Baker is not. I mean, he's so famous, but he's no longer a marquee guy, so progressive is going to go elsewhere.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. All right, Dan, that was that fast enough for you? I guess, Okay, what's next?
Speaker 6: First of all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh, but speaking of that Twitter guy, Yeah, go ahead, you should actually play him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not gonna happen. There's no webside for that for me. So there's a good lesson for you. There are certain things that you got to look at and recognize. It's only downside. If I win, nobody's like, oh wow, Nick, beat the ball, don't stop guy in one on one. Nobody's impressed by that. If I lose, then people are like, you let the ball, don't stop guy beat you. It would be like a It would be the same reason why a guy in the NBA would never want to play one on one against.
Speaker 4: Someone not in the NBA.
Speaker 3: If you beat them, nobody cares, and if you lose, it's mortifying. Okay, now, can we go to number three please?
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, this.
Speaker 5: One's called kids, don't look look away? Okay, Yeah, what's funnier? Eric Techer's shower po or jokis playing shirtless and Serbia.
Speaker 3: Okay, so here's you haven't seen it yet? Do you want to see the Eric Decker shower photo? His son posted a picture on Instagram and look in the background. See this is why you're not allowed to use Instagram on me or your mom's phone. You might think you're posting a selfie and all of a sudden you see somebody's butt cheek in the background. It's one of us. I, however, am gonna say it's the not the funnier moment was obviously Decker's kid.
Speaker 4: I want to give Jokics credit, and I hope you will be surprised to hear this.
Speaker 3: Jokic used to be a bad body guy, and Jokic lost weight and got himself in shape and is able to play bigger minutes and has better stamina because of it.
Speaker 4: So that's him. That's the guy.
Speaker 3: That guy right there, Deanna two years in a row, has won NBA MVP. No, he's playing the no oh dancing.
Speaker 4: You're right. Oh, we're out of time. Can we do the last one? Do you care if we go over? Yeah? I said you're right, Dana. I wrote on your script playing shirtless in Serbia, but he was dancing shirtless. That is correct? This factor by me?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: What's last best.
Speaker 6: Part about Hawaii?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 5: Work?
Speaker 6: Demande?
Speaker 5: If you say no Demanza, I'm gonna tell Demanze and he's gonna get really mad.
Speaker 4: At I don't think you have to him. Don't you think he's gonna watch. Don't you think he's gonna want to see how you do?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: What? So you think it's that you gotta say no work.
Speaker 5: If you say no demand, I'm gonna gonna be mad. I'm gonna chill you after this.
Speaker 4: Oh kill seems a little strong. Maybe maybe dial that back.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: I'm a little sad demand is not coming. He's got other things going on. He's gotta work. He doesn't get the vacation I get. He's got you know, his girlfriend in town. So he's got some things. But I'm a little sad demands not coming.
Speaker 3: So yes, the best part about Hawaii is going to be the week off from work before we get to the big push of football season.
Speaker 4: We you know, we almost went to Hawaii without you, We almost left you with demanse would I would be okay with saying that with oh you would?
Speaker 3: Okay, so do you want to do that? Okay, so you want to go to Hawaii? Okay, we'll be right back for this.
Speaker 5: For one day of those two weeks. I would stay with Demand Okay, goods before camp.
Speaker 4: Okay, well we have one more segment. Are you done talking?
Speaker 6: I'm done for now.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, welcome back. In final segment, What's Right?
Speaker 6: Nick?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Rate, subscribe, review again. They samely tell me to tell you to like and review. I don't actually care that much about that. I would really like if you'd subscribe, though, And again, as is always the case, you don't have to listen every time. Just subscribe and it's there for you. All of a sudden, your phone has no service. You're like, oh my god, I can't listen to the podcast I actually really like. Luckily I have some What's Rights downloaded you can listen to them there. All right, Deanna, I gotta tell you something I thought you did outstand it.
Speaker 4: I really I knew you would do at least. Okay, I thought you did great.
Speaker 3: So as a reward to you, I'm going to give you you Let you use my platform that I've spent twenty five years building and cultivating in order to promote yourself when you grow up. You want to do what for a living? You want to be an actor? And what is the what is what the thing you have asked mommy to do for your acting career?
Speaker 4: Right now? To help get it off the ground, you want to hire an agent? You have it.
Speaker 3: I do have an agent. Again, I've been doing this for a very long time. I would like to consider myself pretty successful. I went to college for it.
Speaker 5: I will have three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't have a lot of time for this. So this is so that here's your moment. Because I'm sure there's agents watching, but they have a side ad.
Speaker 4: Does she have the chops?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna throw some scenarios at you and you're gonna have to This is called improvisational acting.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to own a lot. Okay, all right, sorry, my apologies. All right? Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yes? All right?
Speaker 3: You are seventeen years old. It is the summer before your senior year. Your grade card has come in. You have c's and d's with an F, and your parents have grounded you for the summer, cannot leave the house, cannot be on your phone, grounded for the summer. You are trying to convince them to reconsider.
Speaker 4: And go, Mom, please, I didn't mean it mean you didn't mean to what you get? Bad grades? What does that even mean?
Speaker 6: I try my best?
Speaker 4: Did you really? Because it seemed like you were on your phone a lot.
Speaker 6: I wasn't on my.
Speaker 5: Phone during okay?
Speaker 4: Okay, but what about at what about at home? At home when you should have been studying and instead you were gabbing on the phone.
Speaker 6: My friends were helping me. I was helping, my friends were working to get.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right. New scenario.
Speaker 3: You are driving, you're speeding, You get pulled over by a police officer, and you know that you don't have the money to pay for a ticket, and you're trying to convince them not to give you one and go.
Speaker 4: He's not giving me a ticket.
Speaker 6: Now I'll run back home and grab my money.
Speaker 4: Oh no, let me you know.
Speaker 3: I don't mean you don't have the money on you. I mean because you can't pay them directly. I mean if they give you the ticket at all. You're not going to be able to pay it long term, so you're trying to convince them not to give you a ticket ever, and.
Speaker 6: Go, please don't give me the ticket?
Speaker 4: What everybody asked not to give the ticket? Why are you special? Yes?
Speaker 6: I don't have my money?
Speaker 4: Oh so you so?
Speaker 5: What? So what do you?
Speaker 4: How are you going to convince them? You're not going to speed anymore? You can't think of it. You can't think of it, so your answer is not speed?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: One last one? Okay, you have just found out what's your dream college? Do you have one? Okay, let's just make one up Stanford.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've just found out you got into you know what, let's call it USC, where Sissy wants to go. You've just found out you've gotten into USC. But you have to move all the way across the country because you live in New York and your mom doesn't want you to move to LA. She wants you to stay in New York. How do you tell her you got in and make her believe that you can go there and be across the country?
Speaker 4: And does mom?
Speaker 5: I'm eighteen, I'm an adult, and I think I can handle myself there, my friends are going there.
Speaker 6: I can handle.
Speaker 4: What are you going to do if something bad happens and you need help?
Speaker 6: All be okay, I'm eighteen.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? Eighteen?
Speaker 6: An adult?
Speaker 4: Okay? And scene?
Speaker 5: How do you think you did?
Speaker 6: Good? Good?
Speaker 4: You're taking the mic off? You're done? All right, she's done. We'll be back in a week and a half. See you guys. What's right?
Speaker 7: Great job,