Speaker 1: What's that add it's spooky and joky.
Speaker 2: I'm really sure it's dead.
Speaker 1: It's coming, it's a way Wait a minute, I said, nandas.
Speaker 2: Pllease hey boo, it's me Roz. Welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez. If you know around here, it's me Roz. I like to talk to people that are funny, famous, spooky, all kinds of people about all things paranormal. I'm joined today by a friend of mine who you may know from all kinds of stuff. If you got a TV you've seen her Busy Phillips, probably seen her on Cougartown. I mean I see her in commercials, Girls five Eva, her own talk show Busy Tonight. She's all over the place, and she's been on the show before. Now here's the deal with that. I like to have people that I like on multiple times. Of course, if you know, schedule allows or whatever. I got real lucky that I got to have her back. She's busy, she's booked and busy, so she's come on before. She's told her ghost stories, which are epic, and since we already got to all those. When I have these kinds of people on that have already told their stories, or if they don't have stories, I like to prepare stuff, and this episode has it all. Honey. We got Paltergeist, we got ghost voices, we got UFOs, and Busy comes in right at the end with a psychic story of her own. So let's just get right into it. Here is me talking once again, and with Busy Phillips, and with the show. I am joined by the best eyebrows in the business, my friend Busy Phillips. Hello, I'm here a repeat customer. I was just looking it up when you were on this podcast April of twenty twenty. It was the first one once the pandemic had hit, and I was trying to figure out how do I record this? Do I do it on my phone? Like everyone was kind of like we do now. Actually, as I was listening to it, there was a Moment's so it's so sad to listen to, but there was a moment in the intro where I was like, yeah, guys, I hope everyone's doing well, but it sounds like according to the news, things are getting better soon. Like this was April of twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: No, nothing makes me sadder than the hopefulness of those early weeks of thedemac like people. I was never hopeful, I have to say, like I like I truly always was like, oh, strap in everybody, this is going to be the next a long time of our lives. Like I just had this feeling about it. Well because I'm psychic, but but I remember having friends that were like, it wasn't even on their radar, a B. They were like, oh, yeah, it'll be over in like a week. See, couldn't believe, couldn't believe, we're in shock.
Speaker 2: That was an interesting time because it was very slumber party vibes for like that first week, sure, and.
Speaker 3: The first month, I would say, the first month.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, And people just like you who are so busy were punattended, were available to talk to me about ghosts. And I was having the time of my life because the stories that you have, you have like beginning, middle and ghosts stories. And I encourage people to go back and listen, skip the intro, skip any of the pandemic stuff, just listen to busy stories.
Speaker 3: Because we sound like idiots because we have no idea what's about to happen.
Speaker 2: But you told a story about when you lived in England and college.
Speaker 3: I believe my summer in Oxford with a ghost a ghosts and then the same ghost that a friend of mine had that I met years later, had had years earlier.
Speaker 2: And then also I remember your story about somewhere in the South you were shooting something in.
Speaker 3: To North Carolina. I had a ghost there. What were you shooting Dawson's Creek?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, iconic.
Speaker 3: It is kind of iconic. I have to say, Like, now that I live on the East Coast, you know, the South is very haunted, I find, and I find like the ghosts very open in the South to making themselves known. I think that like the East Coast is also very very haunted. But I don't have the same I don't have the same thing in New York City, like I don't. I think maybe it's just too much because there's too many energies of all types. Yes, but I just don't get like ghosty vibes.
Speaker 2: This has come up so many times because I talked to a lot of people New York whatever. People don't tell me enough ghost stories about the city. And I think it has to do with, Yeah, there's so much hustle and bustle.
Speaker 3: There's no energetic space for them to exist. They're like, this is boring. I can't even like do something because you know what I mean, Like, I think that's the I think if we were able to like talk to a ghost who should be in New York, they'd be like, yeah, no, I had to go to Westchester. It's I needed space.
Speaker 2: But you could also argue that there's so much energy for them to feed off of and to you know, there's a lot of theories that you know, it's almost like if a tree falls in the woods and no one heard it whatever, Like does a ghost exist if there's no humans around? You don't know because you don't see them, but like do they need humans to be fueled?
Speaker 3: But also we don't know how. I mean, here's the thing. Like, I whatever it is in New York, I just have to say it's obviously an anomaly to other places, definitely. I mean New England ghosts are real and people have crazy New England ghost stories, right, But New York City it's it should feel there should be places that feel really haunted and they don't feel haunted.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's the theory. I think it's the personality type. I think if you're a New Yorker, you're like I gotta go. I'm on the move. I'm not sticking around spooking' yet. In the middle of the night, I got shipped to do, I got places to be. It's the city that never sleeps.
Speaker 3: It is the city that never sleeps. So the ghosts are like, when am I going to.
Speaker 2: Haunt the New England ones? They're like, this is majestic, this is beautiful. I love it here.
Speaker 3: These houses are very creaky.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect, Right, So you're in New York right now?
Speaker 3: No, right now, I'm actually in Los Angeles. You are, I am. I'm here for well, I'm here for like a week ish, oh maybe more. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Busy.
Speaker 2: I used to see you all the time. I haven't seen you in so long.
Speaker 3: I know. Well, it's crazy. I moved during the pandemic. Unexpected moving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was recently on my favorite murder and it's so exciting. A little story came up about the time I was on your old property and encountered a murderer.
Speaker 3: You and Sam thwarted the murderer from coming to my home.
Speaker 2: Yes, me and my best friend Sam Pancake For.
Speaker 3: That, I'm eternally grateful you like essentially saved my life.
Speaker 2: I have to say, honestly, I don't want to I don't want to do this, but I am gonna say. I was the first one to see him, so if I wasn't there, see Sam was deep in drag Race. We were watching Roupall's drag Race. I'm wandering my eyes around and I see a man staring into the window at me. It's the thing I'll never forget. I was staring him in the eyes.
Speaker 3: It's terrifying, and I go.
Speaker 2: Sam, there's a man right there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I'll give Sam credit because he was definitely the brave one in the situation.
Speaker 3: He took control of the situation.
Speaker 2: He did he did. All I did was see it. And then Sam was like, hey, what do you what's going on? Long story short, go listen to my favorite murder but shoot him away. And then, very unfortunately, he ended up murdering one of the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Not like a direct The neighbor was in the neighborhood. It wasn't like he was the next store neighbor or whatever. And we were talking before we started recording after the fact, and it was horrifying. My family and I were not at home. We were out to dinner, and you guys were in the guest house, which was like in the front walk way, and Sam jumped out of the window, right, and like.
Speaker 2: I mean he didn't jump out, but well, he.
Speaker 3: Like climbed out of the window.
Speaker 2: No, I think we stayed inside.
Speaker 3: You didn't get out of the house. Oh my. In my history of the story that I wasn't there for, but was at my house, I thought that Sam like jumped out of the window and like stopped.
Speaker 2: He did a barrel roll, barrel rolled.
Speaker 3: No, but he did give him a bottle of water and an apple. Is that true? Or was that another neighbor?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I did read online a neighbor saying.
Speaker 3: That because that was how they got the guy. Was the DNA from that? Oh my god, So all of this to say, like you and I were talking, this was a transient, mentally ill person who had wandered into my old neighborhood in Los Angeles, And it seemed like there were like at least ten neighbors that had an interaction with him that day or evening, and he ended up breaking into a house and then when the renter came home, I don't know, he murdered him.
Speaker 2: And it's terrible, terrible, very scary. And then I house sat for you for an entire month alone after that and took care of your cats.
Speaker 3: And every time I don't think that house was haunted.
Speaker 2: No I don't either, but every time I heard a cat scrapping around, I was like, what was that?
Speaker 3: He's back?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was so on edge. But anyway, can we talk about some ghosts.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I have one of my favorite kinds of stories to share with you. A poltergeist, a poulterry eyed. Do you know that I like a poultry guys, because there's no dead people involved.
Speaker 3: No, it's just teenage energy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that, you know that. So this is a famous case that took place in Indianapolis. It's the Beck family. So most of the research I did came from a twenty eighteen piece in the South Side Times by Rick Hinton, And this case here was nineteen sixty two, Indianapolis, Indiana. The house in question is a four bedroom, two bathroom home built in nineteen hundred Ranada.
Speaker 3: Beck moves in by the way side note, Renata is a fucking great name.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 4: She spelled it r e Nate chic I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure people mess that up a lot. I feel bad for that because people probably.
Speaker 3: Like Renee a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so poor Renato, she's already dealing with that. And then she moves in to this house. She's a thirty two year old single mother. She's a restaurant operator. She's got her sixty one year old mother whose name was Lena, which is another name I love. Lena was originally from Germany. And then she's got her thirteen year old daughter, Linda. And this is this is early sixties, so this was the days when a thirteen year old was named Linda.
Speaker 3: You know, I was gonna say, but also, can I just pitch, can we bring Linda back? Guys? It's time.
Speaker 2: Oh the name Linda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's bring Linda back. Yeah, I want a baby named Linda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't see Linda's Nancy's. No, you don't see that name for like babies anymore.
Speaker 3: No, although my nephew's name is Bob, and I have to say, when he was a baby, it was really funny. He was just a baby named Bob.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's not a that doesn't seem But you also, I love the names you gave your children which are not classic.
Speaker 3: Not tradish. But you know what, when I gave Bertie the name Bertie, people were aghast. It was as if I had named her Apple right. They like, could not. I'm like, guys, it's a real name. It's just it's not from this era currently.
Speaker 2: No, it's adorable.
Speaker 3: But now there are so many Birdies, are they m There are so many companies now that are like Birdie Beauty and Birdie's this and Birdie blah. But Birdie's books. I do want to say you were the first. Do you want to say? Okay?
Speaker 2: So back to Linda, Lina and Ranata. So this poor single mother Ranata, she moves in. She's like, oh, this place is where I'm gonna start my new life. She just got divorced. She's like, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle. I'm here in this beautiful home with the girlies, gorgeous Indianapolis, the.
Speaker 3: Place where we all dream of moving someday.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's like, everything's gonna be quiet and serene. Wrong, it's a Sunday night, just after ten. What's that flinging past her head? A giant beer Stein. It lifts up on its own from a sink and it flies across the room and it smashes on the ground. Then a loud crash. Upstairs, they find Granny Lena's precious crystal collection moving around and smashing on the floor.
Speaker 3: They saw the crystals flying.
Speaker 2: They saw it all wow, is what they say.
Speaker 3: That's what they say.
Speaker 2: So they grab their car keys and they book it to the Indianapolis Ritz Carlton or wherever it was some hotel. They wake up the next day in the hotel. It probably had a nice complimentary Continental breakfast. They head back to their new home around one thirty pm. Poltergeist is right where they left it. There's crystal glass flying around. It's breaking into a million pieces.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't understand. Didn't he take a break? Like what's happening?
Speaker 2: I love that you gendered it because I mean, I feel it's possible. It's very possible. It could be a man energy. I mean, maybe it took a break and was doing like a places everyone she's coming. They're coming back, and then you know, picked up all the stuff. We don't know. This is before ring cams.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: But okay, so they're back home. They're like, okay, I guess this is like our life now, and they're settling and they're getting cozy, trying to relax, making some coffee.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm confused. So they just were like they came back, the Poltergeist is still poltergeistang and they were like shrug emoji.
Speaker 2: Exactly, like we just have to live with us. Well, it doesn't seem like the entire house was just everything's flying everywhere. It just seems like there were things happening in different rooms at different times. Basically, you're never safe because as they're coming back relaxing or whatever, a pipe and hot cup of coffeelings towards Granny Lena's head, just inches away from turning her into a Grandma machiato. So naturally they call the police. It's funny because all these stories are kind of like the same in some sense where it's like, first of all, I don't blame people. They don't know what the hell?
Speaker 4: Who do you call thosebs? Well, this is nineteen sixty two, right of course, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: So a sergeant John Mullen comes over and he assesses the situation and he's like, Okay, I see what you're doing here. You're pranking me. Good one, But come on ladies and Ranada's like, girl, sergeant, this crystal glass and this beer steying here, like these are collectibles we did not throw, like they didn't want to break these items. And he's like, Okay, it's probably like a pellet gun that someone shooting around the neighborhood that's going through the wind. Or maybe it's a high fi stereo that's emitting sound waves and it's shattering the glass.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure. And they're literally like okay, great, Yeah, you've been helpful, thank you, Bye, bye bye. This is my other favorite part. This is actually my favorite part of all these stories. The papers pick it up. Locals are showing up far and wide because they want to see a glimpse of the flying beer steins.
Speaker 3: I do think that once the papers pick it up, it's got a life of its own.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and people are like, we want to see. And if it was me, and this is sometimes how this goes, people start charging, which I would have done. Ye, I would have said, step right up, ten dollars can come on it. I would make them sign a waiver. Yeah, I'm not gonna be responsible.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They also no camera phones even exist it back then, so it's.
Speaker 2: Like true, and that's why so many of these stories. It's like we kind of just have to take people's word. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, and we know that people are tear like most of the time, like very bad witnesses to their own history. So who even knows, Yeah, except for all my ghost stories are real.
Speaker 2: Right, And Sam Pancake jumped out of the window, and.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't there. I know for some reason, I did think that, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: I guess, no, I don't think whatever. Okay, So so some of the activity that's happening in this house includes because it sounds like the cops are constantly like coming by checking this out. A cop heard a crash coming from upstairs. He goes up there and finds a crystal swan that has shattered on a shelf in Linda's room. All three ladies report being bitten, punctured, and bruised by unseen forces.
Speaker 3: That's insane, yeah.
Speaker 2: Granny and Lena at one point claimed that she got choked out by something. What Renata's purse went missing at one point with one hundred and twenty five I have American dollars in it. Then mysteriously it reappeared at the granny Lena's feet with eighty dollars missing.
Speaker 3: Same. She also she just also didn't know how much money she had in her wallet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just say, I mean, it could be someone took the money. We don't know, but it sounds like the ghost at this point. Okay. So, and then also they would hear rapping sounds from upstairs just constantly. And oh, actually I found there is one recording from the investigation.
Speaker 3: Amazing here, let me share my audio.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is a real recording of the rapping sounds that they heard.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think that coffee the police can have eighty dollars Richard throw and glassware like a pitcher. I'm a Poultergeist. Are you not enticed?
Speaker 3: Uh wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the wrapping that they heard from that Carltergeist.
Speaker 3: That's very similar to the rap that my best friend from elementary school had on their answering machine along the same, just along the same, totally following the same sort of beat.
Speaker 2: And skill level. U huh. I feel like I legally have to say that is not real.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 2: We got that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So moving on, So they call their friend who's a man named emil No Sato and he's a local businessman, and he investigates the house with his wife. They say that they saw feathers being ripped out of the pillows and furniture moving on its own. Okay, so this poultergeist is strong. They claim that they hear sounds from the dining room. They go in and they end up finding silverware that's arranged on the floor in the shape of a cross.
Speaker 3: Ooh, okay, all right, poultergeist.
Speaker 2: And I've said this before, but I'll say it again anytime I hear that a poultergeist is like picking up couches and stuff. It's like, there's things you could do around the house that are productive. Yeah, with that strength, you know.
Speaker 3: You could vacuum, vacuum underneath the sofa.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like, were you helping them when they moved in? No, I'm sure they probably needed help getting all that shit in the house.
Speaker 3: Yes, where were you then, poltergeist?
Speaker 2: Exactly? So the cops seem to have been, you know, constantly over here and at this point, sixteen days is what we're at, and the non stop poultergeisting. One of the cops comes over and he sees Granny Lina throw in some shit and he's like, wait a minute, what are you doing there, Granny Lina, and Ranata is like, no, she's just like having a nervous breakdown. Like it's not she's not like the polter geist. Like, she's just she's under a lot of stress, which is understandable. If I'm living in a house where this stuff is happening NonStop, I'm gonna go crazy too, and I'll probably throw something.
Speaker 3: I also might start throwing things like ooh, you want to throw things?
Speaker 2: Okay, I let's throw things exactly exactly. I'll show you how to throw something.
Speaker 3: Yes, I get the inclination. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they end up arresting Granny Lena for falsifying a report and they take her downtown.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, not Granny Lena.
Speaker 2: Now, I bet Ranada. As they're arresting her mom, she's probably like, yeah, also, can you batter down and see if she's got that eighty dollars that mysteriously disappeared?
Speaker 3: Do you think that it was uh Lena, gran Granny Lena.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the interesting thing. This is a little sad. I think I don't know. This story is so mysterious. But they end up making a deal with her that they'll drop the charges if she agrees to get sent back to Germany because that's where she's originally from. So they do send her back. You know, she they dropped the charges or whatever, and the activity stopped.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of things might lead us to believe that the grandma was the poultry guyst the whole time. Yeah, but apparently there were times when she wasn't present and there was stuff that happened. But also the neighbors said that they would hear them fighting. There was a lot of drama, and they did have the teenage girl, which, going back to what you said in the beginning, a lot of times poultry guys seemed to be centered around that teenage particularly teenage girl energy, and maybe having the three of them in the house. They were fighting all the time and that stirred stuff up, and once the granny left there was less intensity in the air. It's hard to say with this story in general, what is real and what isn't. But a lot of people witnessed it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that hard to tell.
Speaker 2: So what do you what's your conclusion based on what you've heard.
Speaker 3: That granny and Lena was fucking miserable and hated living with her daughter and her teenage granddaughter and wanted to go back to the old country, and.
Speaker 2: So she made all this up so that she could get sent back.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think she just thought if she made like enough chaos that somehow it would change the situation, and it did.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, maybe she didn't think that if I fake being a poltergeist and get caught fed.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yes, I don't know if she thought. I think she was just I think it was just chaos, right, I think the goal was chaos.
Speaker 2: She succeeded.
Speaker 3: Also, sixty one is not that old, oh.
Speaker 2: I know. And the way that like the stuff I was reading online was like her elderly mother. I'm like, come on.
Speaker 3: Sixty one though, in nineteen sixty two is kind of old. I guess it's a different sixty one, you know what. I'm about to turn.
Speaker 2: We the era of there's no such thing as like little old grannies, and like eighty year old women are fucking hot at this point. Yes, So that's the story of the Beck family Poultergeist of Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got one that might turn that frown upside down? Have you been following this news story? Now we are recording this, you know, a couple weeks before this airs, But this has been a news story in recent times about this family in Las Vegas with the UFO.
Speaker 3: No, but I love it.
Speaker 2: So, Okay, I don't want to sound like you and I did the first week of the pandemic, where you know, news changes and whatever, So I will say this is a developing story at this very moment. But what I think is the most interesting about this story is just the initial report because things have come in later, because this did become a big news story and whatever. So it's developing, yes, but it first took place on May one of twenty twenty three. This family in Las Vegas. They've got a couple of sons. The one son, Angel, who's sixteen, has a YouTube channel. It's called Alien Society fifty one, which he only has one video on it, and he put it up after this became a news story, just to like tell his side of the story. So pretty much every news outlet has covered this a little bits. This is the kind of news that I really pay attention to like. Of course, at this point, I'm just like, don't ask me about certain things. I want to talk about this. So it's midnight Las Vegas, hot as can be. He's fixing his truck in his backyard and he hears something from the sky. It's falling, and he sees a bright light and he says that he hears and feels a big impact on the ground, just like a bumple. Now, there was a body cam that came out, like a video from a body cam that came out that showed something falling from the sky, but it has been debunked by the American Meteor Society as being a meteor.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's not the same thing.
Speaker 2: Well or is it? Could it have all happened? I don't know. You know, I'm trying to argue all sides because we really don't know this kind of stuff. The fun part is that we just who knows, because the stuff that's the most mysterious and interesting is what this family has said. So anyway, the initial story, he says that he's in his backyard, his vision starts getting blurry, and he hears footsteps coming toward him. He sees like an eight foot tall creature with gray greenish skin. It's got weird looking feet in a big mouth.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 2: His dad also sees it, and his brothers. Then he looks at it in the eyes and he says, he freezes like he had sleep paralysis. I could argue he just went into shock. He says. You could see its mouth breathing, you could see its stomach moving. He ran into the house and he made a nine one one call. And this is the nine one one call.
Speaker 3: Oh well, this is great now, I love this.
Speaker 2: I got this from ABC seven Chicago. Was just like one of the many many outlets stop played this, But this is a real nine one one call from this sixteen year old.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's going on over there? Okay, lady, Me, my dad and my brother. We're working at a truck at our backyard and we have a big lot. I was like, right, correct, Okay, we were working and we just see in a corner company fold on from the sky and it was with light and when it hit down, it was like a big impact and we feel like an energy and then and then and then we hear like a lot of footsteps near us, and then we have a big, a big equipment, and we see and then there's a there's like an a fool person beside it and another one decide and it has big eyes. They're looking at us and it's still good. Okay, where is this on your property? In my backyard? I swear to God, this is not a dope. This is actually were So.
Speaker 1: There's two people or two subjects that are in your backyard.
Speaker 5: Correct, And they're very large, they're like a fool nicety food. I don't know they're they're like they look like iliots. Well, big eyes. They have big eyes like like I can't excited, and big mouth. They're tiny eyes, and and they're not human the one hundred percent they're not humans.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is anothering going back to Lena. You can get arrested for falsifying a report like he is, like, listen, lady, this is my favorite part. Let me just hear that again.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's going on over there?
Speaker 2: Okay, lady, my dad, Okay, lady, Okay, lady lady. So they then go in their living room they're not going back outside, and they hear footsteps on the roof, they hear whispering outside. Their neighbors believe them. The cops come over, and the cops are like, actually, we heard this from other people in the neighborhood that there was this crash or this you know thing. But I think these are the only people that reported actually seeing the people, and this poor family they've been like in hiding in their house, not going anywhere doing interviews or whatever because people are just like threatening them and saying this is all a hoax, and they're like, no, it's like this happened to us. Like, sorry, it happened to us.
Speaker 3: We saw what we saw.
Speaker 2: Now, I always try to come up with, you know, different possibilities for things. Could it be that these were a couple of new members of the Blue Man Group show at the lux Or and they were running late for a performance. They got lost, Sure, this is Vegas and they were just trying to be like, hey, how do you get to the Luxore? And they had their makeup on. It's just a theory. I'm working on it. It's a developing story.
Speaker 3: They crashed, they were driving erradically late for the show. But is there anyone in the Blue Man Group that's eight to ten feet tall? Now I'm googling because I because I had to know.
Speaker 2: Still still you know they're into all that shit.
Speaker 3: Sure, I don't know. Bertie just told me a thing the other night about the existence of UFOs because like, these kids know everything and they're so much smarter than anyone my age. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, a fifteen year old in twenty twenty three definitely knows more than me.
Speaker 3: And now a fifteen year old in twenty twenty three is the equivalent of like a thirty year old in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Bertie would have walked into that house and been like, uh, Grimalina, Yeah, get back to Germany.
Speaker 2: You're the col prit Hey, you want to hear some ghosts voices? Yes, it's time for EVP or ev plicse. So this is a segment I do. You did this three years ago with me. Basically what I do is I go to social media YouTube wherever. People can also send them to me at ghosted Bows at gmail dot com, and I find evp's electronic voice phenomena. These are believed to be ghosts speaking captured on some kind of recording device. People upload them. I got two of them for you, and we're going to try to figure out what we think they say.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the first one comes from South Texas Haunts on YouTube, and it's at the old Nuisis County Courthouse in Corpus Christi, Texas. Okay, what is this ghost saying?
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, one more? One more call me name? O't call me? Saying wait, hold on, tell you return. Call shifting, call shling, call shling, call shling, cautioning, cautioning, cautioning.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, that's not what they thought. I'm gonna give you four options here, and one of these.
Speaker 3: I like cautioning. I think that's what it's saying. Okay, what do they think.
Speaker 2: It's one of these options? Is it a I'll lose weight? Honestly, it sounds like that. Listen, I'll lose weight.
Speaker 3: I don't hear that. I don't hear that.
Speaker 2: Okay, is it b oh? That was quick? Is it C come this way?
Speaker 3: Oh that's good?
Speaker 2: Or d oh yes, queen?
Speaker 3: Okay, play it one more time cautioning. I think they thought it was come with me.
Speaker 2: Yes, they believe that it was C come this.
Speaker 3: Way, yeah, come this way, right. I actually hear more like come with me, yeah, But now we know that it's really cautioning. Listen to oh yes, oh yes, queen.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I hear gosh queen, Gosh yes Queen, same YouTube channel, South Texas Haunts.
Speaker 2: They also have one at a haunted Texas hospital. I didn't say which one, but a haunted Texas hospital. What is it saying? Okay, this is a very different kind of voice.
Speaker 3: It's just that's not a voice that was just like someone like knocking them up microphone, like a bark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like a bark for sure.
Speaker 1: It a.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Ice cream? I hear ice cream?
Speaker 2: Okay, ice cream. Funny you say that because that is one of these options here. Yes, is a ice cream. Yes, b ask me see nice scream you like when your friend has an iPhone crack screen. You're like nice scream or d yes Queen. I'm sorry these Texas queens.
Speaker 3: It's yes, Queen, Yes Queen, Yes, yes Queen, it's definitely yes queen. Or ice cream.
Speaker 2: They believe it's ice cream?
Speaker 3: Ice cream? Yes Queen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do one last thing now. This could take us into all kinds of directions, and I'm really excited to hear your thoughts and some of these things. I'm just gonna list off some unexplained phenomena stuff that's on this topic, and I want you to tell me if you believe in it. You don't if you have an anecdote of some sort of anything that comes up. Okay, so first up, psychics, tell me about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, one hundred percent, I'm psychic.
Speaker 2: Now why do you say that you're psychic?
Speaker 3: Well, I think I'm very intuitive, but sometimes I just know things are gonna happen. I say, like, you know, I just am or I sort of like see things in the future. And then I have a lot of I have like a lot of like really psychic connections with people, you know, like the kind of thing. Some people don't have these things, which is weird, right, It's weird to me when people don't have it. Like I text a thing that someone's like, I was literally just about to text you this exact question, do you know what I mean? Like that kind of thing. But close friends, like it only is with people that I'm really close with. I have a lot of that stuff where I feel like I can almost i don't know, predict or communicate with people without having to talk to them that I'm close with. And then we're like, oh yeah, no, that's in my head. I'm like, oh, that's already been decided because you know what I mean, I'm really woo. I'm really wo wo.
Speaker 2: I love that. A lot of it is just like intuition, and.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like, I guess that's the thing, like, you know, people who have trauma have a tendency to be able to go into any room and sort of like figure out personalities and types of people and where the safety is and who's hiding. I mean, that's the kind of thing like that I'm so good at, is reading people, and so I think it kind of translates to energy in general in a way. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: You know what? I think? I think that as we are animals and we all have animal instincts, all these other animals are constantly on the lookout for their praise, you know, correct, but we ignore it a lot of time. And I think everyone has this. It's just we're conditioned.
Speaker 3: Well, you're taught to ignore, but you're also taught to ignore it because of capitalism and the patriarchy and white supremacy.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, it pretty much all comes down to that.
Speaker 3: It always does. But that's the craziest thing is that like all of it comes down to, like white supremacy, toxic masculinity, the patriarchy and capitalism, and like, you know, anytime you hear did you ever read the story of Debbie Harry getting away from Oh my god, who's the serial killer Ted Bundy? She was picked up by Ted Bundy?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know this story Debbie Harry from Blondie, So what's what's the story?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. The story was that she just had a bad feeling immediate and knew it like and followed her gut and like started kicking the car window with her giant platform shoes, which was the only reason why she accepted a ride anyway, was because she was wearing really giant platform shoes and her feet were really uncomfortable, and it was San Francisco, and against her better judgment, accepted a ride from this guy that she like immediately thought was creepy before she even like basically like as soon as she got in and she thought he was creepy, and then she kicked started kicking the windows and he like pulled over and let her out. And then when he was caught not long after that, she was like, that was the guy picked me up. Listen. Here's the thing too, is that so rarely as humans are we like, if you're a person who's able to get back in touch with that thing and trust your instincts and follow them always, you may never know what you've avoided, because it may not be a situation like a Ted Bundy or a situation like a horrible, huge thing, right, but it could have been a thing that changed your life forever in a terrible way, or was information that you didn't need, or you'll just never know. You just never know, And so I always err on the side, and I tell my kids to also. I have to say this as a woman, that idea of being polite which was so ingrained in generations of women because again patriarchy and whatever. I really have broken myself of that. But I was even me at a time. There was a time in my life, like in my twenties probably and definitely my teens and twenties where I do think I suppressed those feelings because I didn't want to seem rude to someone. And I always ask my like, I'm like internally always asking myself question like if I'm getting like a bad vibe from someone, and if it is a person of color. For instance, I'm like, wait, is your bad vibe because of internalized racism that you're not even like aware of, like really busy, like break it the fuck down. You have to be able to do all of those things though in like three and a half seconds. It's so layered and it's complicated and like we have all of these like conflicting things that have been put in us since birth in this culture, right, but like a huge one is not listening to your instincts.
Speaker 2: I've been dealing with this a lot on dating apps. I've had one time where I didn't listen to myself and the guy was a creep see and I and but there was things that I knew I should I they were red flags for me, but I was like, what is hot? And he's six foot two.
Speaker 3: I will say, just because of our society and our culture, it is hard to stay engaged, truly engaged with your tuition and your innermost knowing about all things. And the more that like people can like try to figure out how they're able to reconnect with it. I do think the better off and the safer everyone is well.
Speaker 2: On the topic of psychics, you talked to the iconic Teresa Caputo.
Speaker 3: We did talk to Teresa Caputo. She didn't have anything good to say to me. I just have to say that.
Speaker 2: No psychics have nothing to say to me. My my dead loved ones are like, we're good, we say goodbye. We don't we're not coming through anything.
Speaker 3: I had, nobody I had. Wait, I have a good story for you. Oh, here we go, I really do. I'm trying to. Okay. So Shintira Jackson, who was a writer on my late night talk show IRIP Busy Tonight, at some point in the fall of twenty twenty, reached out to me and was like, this is so weird. But her partner had given her a re with a medium for her birthday, and in the reading at the end, the medium was like, her name is Jamie. Was like, I'm so sorry. There's someone else that's here that's not for you. But they've been very insistent. Do you have a friend whose name is Elizabeth but nobody calls her that. They call her like something else. Oh God, Okay, it's not Lizzie. It's like, uh, Bizabeth, Lila Beet, Lillabet, Bizabeth Lilla Bet. And she has a tattoo on her foot. That's funny, and she and Tira is like, well, I have a friend named Buzy whose name is Elizabeth. I don't know if she has a tattoo on her foot. Oh, I have a tattoo on my foot that says fuck them. So the medium's like, here's the rule of mediumship. If another spirit like comes through or someone else, it's her responsibility to then get in touch with that person and say it has come through for you. But by the way, I want to be really specific, because a skeptic could say, well, obviously the lady knew that. She wrote I'm busy tonight. You posted your foot tattoo like when you got it done. Whatever. Yeah, yeah, here's what I want to say. No one and nowhere have I ever said that. My grandmother refused to call me busy and only called me Lilibet or Bizabeth, those two exact names. Whoa because she specifically didn't say busy and she said Lilibet or Bizabeth. My grandma did not like busy, thought it was not a befitting nickname. Was always trying to get me to go by Lillabet, which is insane.
Speaker 2: What did she what was she trying to tell? Shantira.
Speaker 3: Then I had this whole session with Jamie.
Speaker 2: She was basically just saying, at your friends, reading like this woman's coming through and she wants to talk to me.
Speaker 3: Apparently my grandma and shan Tira's grandma had been like kicking it in the spiritual realm.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they're probably watching the show together.
Speaker 3: I guess that maybe that's how they met. Like I don't know, but they were like hanging and they were it was like they were having a laugh, and my grandma really just wanted to like make contact with me. And here's what I'll say too, that for a couple years prior to that, I started finding these pennies on the ground all the time. And for a while I was like, this is so weird. What is this? And then I remembered at a certain point that like my grandma used to sing pennies from Heaven to me. She had like a couple songs that she loved that involved pennies. I know that sounds insane, but she was like, you know, from the depression era. I don't know, they talked about pennies a lot. That's all they had anyway. And so at a certain point I was like, I feel like these pennies are from Moot. That's what we called my grandma Moot. I feel like these pennies are from Moot. And my mom was always like, well, of course the pennies are from the Moot's just sending you a little sign saying I. Then I went like a step further in my thought process and I decided that like the pennies meant that I was like on the right path, and when I didn't see them I was, I would get really like bummed about my life choices or whatever. So anyway, in this reading that Jamie did, my grandma just wanted to like check in, tell me I was on the right path, tell me I was doing the right things. That the pennies are obviously from her. Come on crazy, you know she's like, pennies are from me?
Speaker 2: Yes, Like, yeah, that was me.
Speaker 3: Obviously it's me. But then Jamie, you should have Jamie on the show. She's what's her name, Jamie votes love.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got to listen to your episode with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she said a thing to me and Casey, who I do my podcast with. Now, this is crazy, given the last week and a half, two weeks of the world. She said that orcas will be a sign and that when we see the orcas will.
Speaker 2: Know just this is for everyone or for you.
Speaker 3: It was just I mean it was to us, but like I don't know, it was I don't know. It was just a sign that the orcas. It's whales and orcas are the and I remembered wales, but I didn't remember Orca's. And then when all the Orca stuff has been happening in the last two weeks Casey's, She's like, are we supposed to be taking down billionaires? What's happening? Like, what what is our sign from the orcas?
Speaker 1: You'll know?
Speaker 3: I don't turns out I don't know. Actually weird, I know, but it was like very interesting. And then also there was like a really specific thing that came through for or my mom. It was like from one of her parents. It was a story I've never heard, my mother has never talked about like's. It was very specific and interesting and wild and made me a firm believer in those energies coming through.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I talked to a lot of people that are famous public figures, whatever, and they always kind of say that same thing where it's like, yeah, they picked up on the things that everyone knows in the news, you could have found that out. And then there's always like the good psychics can always find that family member, that nickname, that little thing. And I hear that a lot about Tyler Henry, the Hollywood Medium. I hear that about Teresa Caputo. Good for them.
Speaker 3: I was asked to be on Tyler Henry's show at one point, and I would except that, like I'm close friends with a famous person who died, you know. I was so like, I don't want to go onto that show and have it be like Heath Ledger's coming through or whatever, like you know what I mean ahead of time, Like just no, I think you can't. And the truth is, like that's what they want for the show, right right, I'm not like ros I, I'm not new right. Also, it's not a thing that I particularly want to do on camera.
Speaker 2: Ever, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: I mean we recorded it for our podcast with the understanding that like we weren't gonna air, and you know what I actually have to say, I don't know if we aired the reading at all or if we just talked about it this podcast.
Speaker 2: I've had multiple psychics over the years that have read me on the show, and some things have been accurate and some things have not been accurate. And I can think of one moment in particular where somebody said I asked them about a job and they were like, it's not gonna happen, and I was like fuck, and then it did happen, and I think I ended up taking it out of the episode just in general. But I don't know that so many those kinds of questions are tricky, the mediumship stuff, when they can really nail down a fact, that's that's what I love.
Speaker 3: But the mediumship thing, too was what was so interesting to me about Jamie and that it did feel like the messages were very clear and it wasn't like you're going to get a job. It was like your family members from the other side are like line and people you love are like lining up on the other side to say these five things to you. And I did it with Casey and it was different for Casey than it was for me, you know what I mean, And it was and it was just so specific to not just me because again like yes, of course, I mean I am also like an open book, you know, like I talk a lot about my own self and my life, but very specific to other people in my family and very specific to like at the time, I think Mark and I were had already decided we were separating, but we hadn't told anyone. And there was like a thing that she that my grandma said about that Jamie was like, I don't know if this makes sense to you, Like she would say like that, you know, like, I don't know if this makes sense to you, But this thing, I'm like a big believer in energy and putting things out into the world and getting it back. And yes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, real quick, just a couple of these. Okay, now, do you believe in UFOs? I don't know if I got an exact answer on that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. Sure, I guess ish, I don't know. I don't know. I know, I don't know enough to not believe in them.
Speaker 2: What about Bigfoot?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, But so you feel like you know enough to know that that's.
Speaker 3: Not Yeah, yeah, that's that's happening. Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: Because that's the thing with UFOs as opposed to Bigfoot is like UFOs, it's like, well, if we're talking about like the universe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I'm not entirely sure that we're not ai. You know what I mean, I don't know anything is possible. I feel like, do.
Speaker 2: You subscribe to the belief of like demons.
Speaker 3: I think that people's energies can go real dark and people can become I think that there's like evil energy that can infect people. Yeah, I do. I don't know if it's I don't know what it is. I think it's a dark energy. I think there's definitely that's real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you've been just a bright energy.
Speaker 3: Well, but that's the trick, right, is that we have to like keep trying to bring the light energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the darkness doesn't want anything to do with it.
Speaker 3: And right now, I think that there is like a lot of dark energy. Like when you talk about poltergeists being the offshoot of extreme anger in people and teenagers. That always resonated with me and made sense to me because it is so much energy that a temper tantrum of like an adult or a teenager, hormonal teenager is able to harness. You know, it feels like it has to go somewhere, right, But I just think when I get really depressed, which I have been, about the state of the world, and this country and whatever, all kinds of things. I try to remember that the best way to combat it is to meet it with positivity, even though that is like the hardness.
Speaker 2: You know, well, there's there's only so much we can control. But you know, I'm the same way. I try to make my efforts to.
Speaker 3: Make people laugh and spread some joy.
Speaker 2: Spread some joy.
Speaker 3: You do spread so much joy and some scary stories sometimes, although I have to say the Poulter guys today.
Speaker 2: Didn't do it for you. No, Well, Busy, I so appreciate you doing this again.
Speaker 3: Thanks, honey. I am so happy to tell people where to find you everywhere.
Speaker 2: You know your podcast.
Speaker 3: I have a podcast called Busy. Phillips is doing her best new episodes weekly. We like almost never take breaks because we didn't know that that was a thing we should do. And I'm on the television show Girls by Veva currently love it, among other shows. And that show is going to be coming to Netflix in the fall. If you missed it because it started on Peacock, you can watch the first two seasons on Netflix and then the third season will be coming out. And what else do I deal? So many things? I don't know?
Speaker 2: My Instagram story Instagram stories, ghost stories, psychic stories, psychics, all of that, and again, I think people should go back and listen to the first time you were on because the stories are pretty iconic.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go back and listen right now.
Speaker 2: April twenty twenty. Best thing that happened that month. All right, Busy, thank you, Thank you so much, too, Busy Phillips got a lover. This was a fun episode. This is what we do here. So I hope you're enjoying the show. Go back and listen to the last time she was on. There's been hundreds of episodes at this point of me talking to people about the paranormal. We're going to be back next week. I can't wait to talk more. Oh, I've got so many good ones coming out you, so make sure you're following the show. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came back. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Alex Chien. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crighton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia hard Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.