Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Them to Hour two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now Here's Matt Jones welcome back.
Speaker 4: Tukey Sports Radio got a couple open lines eight five nine, two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. I want to hear what you think about. Uh, well whatever, I don't care talk about if you want seven seven two seven seventy four five two five four. Uh, it's interesting views all over Ryane the place. On the distribution, there are people like the caller who say, look, you've got to do football or we won't be competitive. I see a lot of people going football and basketball should get an equal amount, which is I mean, football's got eighty five players, basketball's got thirteen.
Speaker 2: And like we've talked about before, the other Blue buds like Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, they're probably not going to donate as much to football as maybe SEC SO, who.
Speaker 4: Is definitely not going to absolutely. I mean again, I just think about the big eat schools they got out Yukon and Saint John.
Speaker 5: They don't even have football.
Speaker 4: Now Yukon has it, but they don't care. No, so Saint John's Villanova.
Speaker 5: Yeah, another one Creighton.
Speaker 4: Like those teams, this is an opportunity for them.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 4: And then something to watch is that some of these teams are gonna take private equity, And that's a whole other conversation for a whole nother day. But I think our team down the street is gonna be the first team to take private equity. And if that happens, you just remember who said it to you first. And when that happens as a different world, Yeah, it's a different world. They're gonna start letting investment funds invest in their college sports team and then all of a sudden, our sec TV money ain't gonna look as good.
Speaker 7: And rival would be the Louisville Planets, Fit Planet Fitness Cardinals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I mean think about it. What if it's the you know, Houston Elon Musk. I'm used as an example, but like anything could happen.
Speaker 2: And this money you're talking about, that in addition would be Club Blue and il money like this will be in addition to you.
Speaker 4: Well, this is very complicated. I'm gonna wait for the settlement to cause like they pushed off the set for a couple of weeks. But it's very complicated. But long story short, In theory, you no longer would be able to pay players to come to your school, But in practice, who the hell you're right? No, I mean who knows all right, Shannon has the clip. This is my view. Oh no, I'm like half kidding this is this is also kind of my view. Go ahead. Of course I'm not coming then, because that is an ultimate and immediate killing.
Speaker 1: Hang on, those kids allowed here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course I'm not coming then because that is an ultimate and immediate vibe killer makes it seem dirty cheap.
Speaker 6: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Kids mean bacteria.
Speaker 4: No, thanks, see there you go.
Speaker 5: I love you killer bacteria you.
Speaker 4: Know, makes with dirty cheap. It's okay, all right. A couple of things. NFL drafts tonight, Yes it is. Shador Sanders could go as high as third or could drop out of the first round.
Speaker 5: That's the big story.
Speaker 6: It seems like.
Speaker 4: Chador Sanders to me, will know what he's gonna do based on whether or not he's got cameras in his living room. No, I'm being dead serious. If they think he's gonna get picked, tie because he's not going to the draft. He doesn't want to have the will levis Aaron Rodgers drop Uh huh, So he's not even going to the draft. To me, if they let cameras be live in the house, they think he's going pretty high. If they don't, they're worried that he doesn't. I mean, this is a guy. I mean they had a reality show followed him around. They ain't scared of cameras. This is Dion Sanders. Do you remember what he wore in the draft night? You ever seen that video? Go look at what d On wore on his draft night.
Speaker 5: I can only imagine.
Speaker 4: You don't think they would have Chador have a camera on Sanders. But if you if they start the draft and they go around all the places and there is not a camera in his house, then he's then he's he's That's that's my prediction. If you see a camera, then he's going in the top fifty. Don't see a camera, then it could be a long night. I like that.
Speaker 7: It's it's hard to you know, at this point, a lot of teams are trying to get people to fall and rise with their comments. But I did find it interesting yesterday that one anonymous team said it was the worst interview they've ever had because he was just throwing his teammates under the bus and it was me, me, me, me me. So there's that could be a team trying to put that out there so they can get him. Yeah, but to be the worst interviewing that they.
Speaker 4: Say that about people that they just don't want to pick.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, right this, in the three days leading up to the draft, there's all kinds of stuff out there that it's teams there's motivated to give.
Speaker 4: There's that stuff about Lamar, and everybody who's ever dealt with Lamar says he's like the nicest guy. And then when Lamar came out, they were like, oh, you know, he's this, he's that. I think they just want an excuse to cover their butt when they don't pick him.
Speaker 2: Right does this seem like a lot of the NFL Draft expert guys keep sliding him down their board a little time I see that.
Speaker 4: I fun to know where he's going solely based on whether or not the cameras. Huh. If there's no camera, then he ain't getting picked until the end of the night or if at all, Maxwell Harrison, does he go in the first round? Yes or no? All he does?
Speaker 7: And I hope so because he'll be featured. I mean, they talked about him just now on this TV whatever, this is Today's show this morning.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be in the Today Show this Morning Man, it.
Speaker 7: Would be it wouldn't be as bad as Levice, who thought he would go second, but it would stick to see another guy sitting in the green room from Kentucky and not get picked.
Speaker 2: So I think he made a huge jump. I mean when the season started, I think they thought he was maybe what fourth round. Now he's gonna get picked maybe in the first round, and he's it was hurt what three or four games year, didn't even play, So a huge jump by him.
Speaker 4: But he also ran the fastest time at the forty and one of like the sixth fastest times in history history. So yeah, that's that's that's probably what I enjoyed the draft. Do you like the draft? I enjoy the pageantry. I like seeing people cry and their moms and there's always like there's always some mother that like hugs, you know, or some father that looks at this player's girlfriend too.
Speaker 7: Long or so there's always viral moment.
Speaker 4: There's always a moment that I enjoy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love to.
Speaker 2: Watch Sorry, who is the dude where his girlfriend came and stole his phone?
Speaker 7: See Lamboy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ceedie Lamb And then there, you know, Will Levis's girlfriend became famous. Yeah, she did off sitting there next to him.
Speaker 7: Who is the player whose mom pushed the girlfriend off she was getting too much TV time. Yeah, year or two ago, Joe Burrow's parents couch and curtains were getting roasted. Oh, they did have their house looked like it was from like the seventeen hundreds. I love it, but as a Titans fan, it's always the worst night of the year. But you're got the number one pick, you know when you're getting. Yeah, I not love that either. We always do the wrong thing.
Speaker 4: I'd love to see my bears get ashing Gent the running back, but he probably won't be there when they go, so like, I don't really know who they're gonna who they're gonna get. I don't understand why this Louisville quarterback is rising in the first round. He was okay, but he's also he's my age. He's like four forty five.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's old.
Speaker 4: I know it's a little old for the first round the draft, isn't it. I think I believe look it up. I believe he is forty five years old. Share that is a gamble forty five forty five. It's a little bit of a dazl. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think Levis might be in the news tonight traded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he may. Let's go to Justin. What's up?
Speaker 6: Justin?
Speaker 4: I want to say, by the way, Bob and Jamestown and Boyce are on a race for total calls right now, Boyce leads five hundred and thirty to four hundred and ninety two.
Speaker 3: No, Boyce has like almost one thousand.
Speaker 4: He has almost a thousand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Bob and just seven forty one.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're seeing a different number than I am. But Bob and Jamestown has called fourteen times since this show started today. Justin, go ahead, Justin.
Speaker 8: Okay, Hey guys, I got two quick questions for you. Okay, I'm deciding on whether I should go to watch Kentucky at Arkansas next year for basketball or Kentucky at Louisville. I live right out not Al, and I know a bunch of Hog fans. I've been getting a lot of crap, you know.
Speaker 5: But it's a good question.
Speaker 8: You got.
Speaker 4: You gotta pick one Kentucky Louisville, Kentucky at Arkansas? Which one get? Or what?
Speaker 8: Just those two? And then I have a question if you guys will be at ksr uh you about ks bar next Friday.
Speaker 4: Don't know about next Friday. We will be at Kasbar tomorrow and I'll let you know about next Friday. I appreciate the call. You can either go to one game at Louisville at Arkansas. Where are you going?
Speaker 2: I think for this year it's Kentucky's first trip to at Arkansas under when Cow's on the other bench. I think I would pick that one over the game at Louisville.
Speaker 7: Will you I'm going Louisville, assuming I don't get physically assaulted again, but I would want to go that could happen. I just don't really have any Arkansas banter rivalry. I don't pals there, but there's so much more.
Speaker 4: Juice in Louisville. When you going to Shannon.
Speaker 3: Biggest rivalry has got to be a Louisville and they're you know, they're actually somewhat good now, they don't suck like they did with Kenny. So I think Louisville.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a tough question because both teams.
Speaker 5: Will be good, and he lives in Fayetteville.
Speaker 4: It would be Yeah, man, I'm probably going to Fayetteville because I've been to the Louisville game a bunch over the years and we beat them this year, and I feel like we need to win at Arkansas. Yes, and I think if we win, I'd go to tin roof right under his apartment and like just half a and hit the ceiling. No, I wouldn't hit the ceiling. I wouldn't want to disrupt his sleep. But I I think that would be like a fun thing. So I think I would go Arkansas.
Speaker 2: I think for that dude living in Fayetteville, Kentucky's first trip there, I think you've got to go to that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Louisville game is gonna be awesome, though, I mean because the Louisville game is gonna be like they're gonna think they can win, then.
Speaker 7: We're gonna rip their hearts out again again. That game has become Groundhog game.
Speaker 4: I mean it's funny because too, like before I went to Amsterdam. Before I went to the Amsterdam, Louisville fans were doing the whole like, oh, Pat Kelsey's got his squad, Mark Mark Cope with Pope Mark. And then all of a sudden, now three weeks later they're like, well, you have to get a twenty million dollar pay roll would be as good as Pat Kelsey and I just love It's just the cycle of a Louisville fan, which is you convince yourself this is different, it's not, and then you make excuses. That's what Loui Louisville basketball one oh one is convince yourself, get disappointed, get angry, blame Kenny pay That's what they did beat and then it's and that's gonna happen again this year. So it would be exciting Ryan to be there for that.
Speaker 2: And there's no doubt about it, and they are gonna be better. But they're all You're right, they're all coming out from underneath the rocks right now, especially in football. A lot of Louisll football fans are already pounding their chest. Think they're gonna make a big run this year. So the rivalry's coming back.
Speaker 4: One person rights Matt I saw that the new Defense secretary had a makeup studio put in the Defense Department. Did you and Drew and Ryan wear makeup when you were on TV? And is it wrong for a military person to wear makeup? All right, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take up for a trumper here. If you're gonna go on television sometimes you need makeup now. I didn't wear it a lot because I got the lights set to where it looked good on my skin on Hay, Kentucky. But I would always tell guests, it's not set for your skin, you might want to wear makeup. So if he's gonna do television interviews, I think it's okay to have a makeup studio. Plus he used to be on television, so he understands that. I think. I mean, you know, Donald Trump is orange for the reason of makeup. I'm okay with makeup. Did you wear makeup when you were on TV? You had to.
Speaker 5: I usually wore powder.
Speaker 2: I didn't necessarily put wear makeup every day, but I wore the powder just kind of get those sweaty spots off my forehead. But when we went HD, I mean, if you didn't, you'd see every whisker, every pimple, everything on your face.
Speaker 4: Yes, I I would wear it sometimes in the winter when I got sun, I wouldn't have to wear it so much. Yeah, because I can get red when I get sun. But yes, you need it.
Speaker 6: You have to.
Speaker 4: You know, Paren was Paren wore more makeup than anybody, And I remember one time saying to him I was like, man, if I had your cause he's got like perfect skin. I was like, if I had your skin and I was black, I don't think i'd wear makeup. He was like, you should look at me on the screen, and he would wear makeup up all the time. So I actually think wearing makeup is totally understandable if you're on television, because when people aren't, they look like death.
Speaker 2: Right, you can tell, you can tell high definition.
Speaker 3: It was set to your skin versus parents. I mean, that would be a big contrast. So that's probably why the guy had to wear it.
Speaker 4: Actually, you're right, because like it was set to my skin and then parent would sit down. Did you wear it when you came on?
Speaker 7: I had to meet the makeup lady when we first got hired. I still have a big bag of makeup under my sink. I don't know if that I need that anymore. But as time went on, I think I stopped wearing it. But for the first year, however long it was, I would put it on and then then awkwardly, you know, we would take it like two or three. Then I'd go out to eat or the grocery and friends would be like, I tell you can wearing makeup right now, It's like, yes, I am working.
Speaker 4: Who could have used some more makeup was Joe Biden? He could have He could have towards the end, Ryan used a little bit more make.
Speaker 5: May fly him around you a little touch up every five seconds.
Speaker 4: I mean it might he might have needed done more than that, but I still think so I'm I'm I'm actually pro the makeup. Hey lover, if your dog or cat is your baby, well how about this. The Richmond Vet Clinic have real life stories about how their fury furry patients remind you how important it is to catch things early. You could when you use the fine my feature on an Apple air tag, it will ping. I don't understand what is the same, it'll fine. You can put it on your dog and then you can always find it. Yes, so the Richmond Vet Clinic has that Richmond Road Vet Clinic. Yeah, it has a feature you can put on your dog and always find. That would seem like to be a really positive thing, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, definitely. If your dog gets out every day like mine, does you need that?
Speaker 4: So you can get the air tag for your dog at the Richmond Road Vet Clinic Practice Group Doctor Wynn is there as well. Learn more at the Richmond Road Vet Clinic and visit the Kentucky Veterinary Practice Group dot com Richmond Road Vet Clinic. We'll take a break and be right back. This is Cansel working back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio eight from nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A lot of people, the common refrain on the pool of money suggests they think it should be basically fifty percent football or like twenty five to thirty basketball. So that's gonna be something to watch over the next little bit. I don't know what it's gonna end up being, but it's every school's gonna have to make a choice. And I bet there are some schools Ryan who just say I don't even care about basketball. There will be there'll be something that do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, Georgia, maybe you know when they don't give as much basketball to football. But yet Okay, so you're looking at that SEC football schedule. You're telling me every SEC school is gonna give a lot more money to football than maybe the outside of Vanderbilt.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be tough pill to swallow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But then the other side would be, why do we give the same amount of football, and we're still not as good as they are. That's the other That's what the other side might say.
Speaker 6: That's a great argument.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm you know, That's why I said Katucky's in such a weird spot because a lot of these schools will not care if they ignore basketball, like Georgia, heck, most of the SEC schools, but Coutelli's got I probably have the most balance because you can't just let football die because it has the most players and brings in the most revenue overall.
Speaker 4: If I'm nine two eighty seven, Cash Daniel is going to join us in the next segment, talk a little football, and he is making his wrestling debut.
Speaker 5: About that.
Speaker 4: He's wrestling in Pikeville at Hillbilly Days tomorrow night. Wrestling debut in an arena.
Speaker 3: Shannon used to be awesome. Yeah, superior to Tony Evans is going to be in there as his opponent. It's a big first opponent. He's going right to the top, dude.
Speaker 4: I'm actually like most people make their debut like in a dark match that nobody sees, like in the little arena. He's making his debut his first match at Pikeville Appalachian Wireless arena during Hillbilly.
Speaker 2: Where's a huge crowd for Hillbilly days, There'll be a huge crowd in that arena mainly to watch him, I think, make his debut.
Speaker 4: That is uh that that's something else, Uh Steve before we go the phone, Steve Mongo McMichael, Yeah, passed away. Steve Mongo McMichael had als, which is just a debilitating disease for when people have it, It's very sad what they go through. But he would played for the eighty five Bears, my team, right, the team that got me in to the Chicago Bears. It's why I'm a fan. Then he later was in wrestling, was actually very good at it for a while, but he was on the eighty five Bears. I was trying to think, how many football teams ever have had as many dudes who like are kind of everybody knows, like legendary. Think about it. Walter Payton, Yes, the Punky QB, No, Nas McMahon, Mike Singletary right, Refrigerator paris absolutely, Steve Mongo McMichael. And you could even though, go to like Dan Hampton and Willie Galt. But those five I just mentioned are known by almost every football fan. Not many teams like that.
Speaker 2: They were the team of the eighties. And they know they made their song It's Super Bowl Shuffle. They were good. They had Mike Ditka's the coach. They were talking smack all the time. And Mongoose was a big part of what.
Speaker 4: Was his name is not mongoose?
Speaker 5: Did you I call him the mongoose?
Speaker 7: I remember him as the one of the four Horsemen.
Speaker 4: Learned about the second Generator, the second second generation of the Four Horsemen with Rick Flair and Arna Anderson and and all that. But he was on that that that team And do you think you've watched football year whole, what do you think that was like the best team of all time?
Speaker 2: You could make a great argument that it was and not know the good on the field. Like you mentioned the characters off the field, they were just everybody knew them. And we still talk about him today.
Speaker 4: And he also, like I said, he died of als lou Gerrig's disease, which is a disease that is so sad to watch people go through. And that guy especially, he was six five and massive shitning you remember in how massive he was, and like the pictures of him at the end where the disease had just I mean, it's just a very sad I really do say a prayer for everybody who has a family member that that deals with that. That has to be a very very difficult disease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that picture has kind of surfaced yesterday of him in his bed in these final days is just heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: It really is suspect because again he was so huge and so larger than life in so many ways. But anyway, rest in peace to one of my childhood heroes from the eighty five Bears. Joe, Go ahead, Joe, thanks a lot, mass, Joe, what's wrong with your phone?
Speaker 8: I have no idea, thank y'all.
Speaker 4: Joe's phone was a farting too foddy what I mean, how does the phone even get like that? Definitely had how many I don't know. I mean how many radio shows, Shannon, do you listen to where people's phones have as many problems as the phones on this show?
Speaker 3: And this has been an ongoing thing for at least thirteen years.
Speaker 4: I mean, how many do you make in a day on a daily basis where your phone just doesn't work, never once a month and we have people whose phones start just erupting the moment they get it, and I don't know how.
Speaker 7: That happened, do you no? And you know a lot of times it's a problem. We recognize you say, get out of the elevator, get out of tunnel. I don't know what that was right there. That was a new sound for me.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think I've ever heard a phone past gap in my entire life.
Speaker 5: And his phone was very gassy for that.
Speaker 4: Joe's credit, he recognized it, yeah, and was like, I'm not going to fight through this.
Speaker 3: They didn't hear that while he was on hold for twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: It is absolutely baffling to me. I'll tell you what else is baffling. How many people in Chevy Chase were mad at me for saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got text for chevy Chase, me too.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 4: Let me read you one of these, because this was one I got last night. Matt. I live in chevy Chase, and I think you owe the people of Chevy Chase an apology. Chevy Chase is not only the best neighborhood in Lexington. Lexington is the best neighborhood in the state of Kentucky. I'll give you the reasons. Safety. Your kids can ride their bicycle. I don't have a kid. You can walk to restaurants. There's beautiful nature and the people are pleasant. I like your show, but if you want to still be liked in Chevy Chase, you should start your show next tomorrow apologizing for what you said.
Speaker 5: You and I got similar texts.
Speaker 2: Yep, mad at you for disparaging the good word of the Chevy Chase neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I got not disparaging it. I think it's a beautiful neighborhood. I'm saying, why are the homes so expensive? I can looked at that house again, go look it up. I'm not gonna tell you the address, but it's one point three nine to two million dollars.
Speaker 7: I saw it. Is that not crazy? I think it's smaller than my house.
Speaker 4: It's smaller than where one point three nine two million dollars. We'll be right back. TJ Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 7: He'll make them pay now.
Speaker 3: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones, Welcome back Kentucky Sports Radio and now joined by Cash Daniel, a multiple time KSR guest, was on the KSR pregame show for various times. Cash. First thing I'm gonna say to you is you need to get in the gym. Like you're starting to get solved. I don't know this what's happening with you.
Speaker 6: I kind of let myself go.
Speaker 4: I mean you I saw you on OVW a few weeks ago, and I was like, my goodness, I mean are you Are you bigger than when you played football?
Speaker 6: Yeah? One hundred percent. I'm probably looking at about two hundred and sixty pounds right now.
Speaker 4: But like just muscle soul, yeah, I mean like massive, Yeah, how many How long do you work out every day?
Speaker 6: Uh So, it's actually changed a lot. You know when I first started out, and there's a big difference between weightlifting and bodybuilding and muscle.
Speaker 4: Building okay for me, so give me the differences as a person who does neither.
Speaker 6: Uh So, like weightlifting, you know, you're focused on just how much weight you can move, you know, for me and muscle building, it's about, you know, how much weight can I move at the best form that I could use, at the slowest tempo that I could use. Because at the end of the day, like I was telling Billy just out there, we're talking about you know, the difference, and you know, benching and everything like that, and just micro tearing the fibers of your muscles, you know, and then your your diet and which where your protein, your carbs and everything else comes in to rebuild the muscle ultimately make you stronger, ultimately making you bigger.
Speaker 4: Shannon Ryan used to micro tear his muscles, but not on purpose.
Speaker 5: He just said a foreign language to me.
Speaker 4: What in terms of though training, like your football, you're looking for what's different than what you do.
Speaker 6: Now, right, one hundred percent different football. You know, we're looking for explosiveness. You know, we're trying to see how how much how much weight can we move at the fastest rate? You know, And for me now it's about, you know, how much great a form can I have while moving as much weight as I can. It's it's a whole different dynamic.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, before I want to talk to you about what you're doing now, but I also want to talk to you for a minute about about football. You you you are a part of some of the glory years of UK football. Where do you think, as putting on your analyst hat, the UK football program is now?
Speaker 6: You know, I was very fortunate you know, to be a part of a great group. You know, the coach through's brought in. It was a brotherhood that that I'll never forget and will chairish forever. You know. I think in the past couple of years we've gotten away from what got us there as far as you know, everybody being by or bought in on the mission. I think Nil has something to do with that, you know. I think that at the end of the day, you know, it's about coming together as a group and understanding that we have a job to do and we've got to go out there and do it to the best of our potential and the best of our abilities. Otherwise, you know, we're going to be right back to where we were.
Speaker 4: I know you still talk to people around the program. Do you think they can get back to that? I mean, in l does make you have to do it a different way, but there are people that are doing it successfully. So so what do you think they can get back to where where they need to be?
Speaker 6: I think they can. I mean, it just comes down to team leadership and you know, the guys that you appoint to be your captains and making sure that everybody's held accountable. So from the moment that you walk into the building, whether it be for weights, whether it be for meetings, whether it be for practice, that you're there with a purpose and that you only have X amount of time there and so do it to the best of your ability, and you know you'll see the uh, you'll see the results come with.
Speaker 4: That when you watch the team last year, because you will see it a different way than we see it having played. When you watched the team last year, you would would have sit there and said, what is missing?
Speaker 6: Just overall, just like I said, a team leadership aspect of it, like discipline, discipline and holding guys accountable, you know, with some of the things that you saw. But I think that you know, I was over to one spring practice this year. You know, the vibes are definitely different this year than when I was over there.
Speaker 4: Better.
Speaker 6: Better. Yeah, Okay, seems like coach Soups is back to.
Speaker 4: There is a vibe thing people don't. You can feel it when you go to practices. You can. Really it's weird. You can know nothing about what's going on and you can feel a positive or negative vibe.
Speaker 6: Do you agree with that? Truly energy is real? Yeah? I believe that when I walked in there this spring. You know, it's not one hundred percent like it was, you know when we were there, because it just seemed like and it was straight business, you know, just getting right after it. And I'm not saying that they're not, but I'm just saying it's completely different from what it was last year in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Good, Okay, Well that's good to hear. Now, you made a decision recently, I mean since you were playing football, since we beat Florida and you went to the sideline and smashed the water bottles. People have said Cash Daniel should be a wrestler, like people have said that forever. I when you got done, was pushing you to do that, and you were like, eh, I don't know, I don't know. And then I said, all right, I'll let him make his decision. And then you'd made the decision to do it. Why did you do that?
Speaker 6: Because at the end of the day, you know, when I when I left college and the way that it ended with COVID, and you know, I expected myself to there was a free agent deal on the table for me. It got taken away because my medical records got red flagged. And so I'm sitting here thinking now the rug got pulled out for me.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that that. Yes, well you I mean, do you want to You don't have to talk about that.
Speaker 6: No, it's fun So it was funny because I had a deal worked out with my agency. They were telling me that everyone will work out a deal with the Saints. Talk to the Saints. Everything's good. I'm actually turkey hunting and so the day of the draft, so I'm like, okay, I'm not getting drafted. Their guy it said were working out a deal. I'm going hunting, and I'm in the woods. And the craziest thing about it is I was working a bird. I about got it, and uh, I was working. He was gobbling, you know, he was coming in and I was, okay, we're about to get after it. And I get a text from from you know, a coach believes from the Giants and said, you know, the seventh rounds coming up. You know, if you're available, you know we're going to take you. Oh okay. So I get out of the woods, rush home and they had three picks in that round, the first pick of the round, middle pick of the round, and mister reve at the last pick of the drift. So the first two come, I'm thinking, Wow, me and Marty Moore about to be in the same to mister at linebackers come out out of Kentucky and they took a linebacker from Georgia. So I'm calling my agent, you know, like you know, freaking out, like you know what's going on. And he said, man, he said, I don't know how to tell you this kid, but you know they read Flager medical records. I'm like, well, okay, you know we still got to deal with the Saints, right, He goes, no, you don't understand when that happens. That goes league wide. So the Saints are route too, and so with COVID and everything, we didn't get a Brooky mini camp, none of that stuff. So at that point, in that moment in time, my football crew was over wow. And so that's gotta be tough. It was hard, Yeah, it was. I think you can talk to any athlete, you know, whether it be my situation or they have a couple of years in the league, or they don't even get an opportunity in the league. The transition is the hardest part and the hardest period of anything.
Speaker 4: Souse You've done your whole life.
Speaker 6: You've dedicated your entire life to it. And I think going and going back to your question of why now, you know there was a fear aspect in me of that I gave everything I had to football. I mean, I gave up everything to try to be the best that I could be and it just wasn't good enough. So am I willing to do that all over again and maybe had the potential to not make it or achieve the goal that I want to do.
Speaker 4: That's interesting. So it was almost like you didn't want to be disappointed.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to have that let down again. Interesting And so but at the end of the day, you know, I've done a lot of you know, soul searching within myself. I finally, you know, come to terms of who I am and you know why God put me on this earth. And you know, I've done a lot of praying and rekindled my relationship with God. And you know that's been probably the biggest help and the biggest aspect for me. And understanding that I was had.
Speaker 4: I had somebody that knows you pretty well, uh, say to me when they saw that you were going to be doing this event the Pike whole thing that you They felt like you had grown up more in the last six months than they had seen your whole life. And this is somebody I think that cares about you quite a bit. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's back to prayer again. And you know, and understanding that God blessed me with so many abilities and so many opportunities to come my way, that it would be a slap in the face to a lot of people and especially to him that you know, I'm blessing you with these abilities and you're not, you know, capitalizing on it. Yeah, And I realized that, you know, this can all end tomorrow, you know, I can. You know, God has the opportunity and the ability to stop your heart right now if he wants to. And so there's a there's a grave, there's graveyards full of people who thought they had more time. And so I'm going to live life every day like it's my last and with every opportunity that comes and be able to go out and you know, show my abilities and my blessings that God gave me.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a great add to I mean, I've known you since you were fifteen years old, and I have seen a difference in you in the last year. And I'm I'm I'm, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I really am. All Right, So you decide to get in wrestling, you know Shannon to do? Is it like this is his way? You know he's been doing this forever. You could learn from this man, right, But you got into it. You've been training. So tell people what it's like to go from zero to now doing your first match tomorrow. What's it like training every day?
Speaker 6: It's incredible. I have so much fun. It's uh, I'm living, you know if I feel alive every time I step in that arena, when I step in that ring, and truly do feel like I was born for this. And so just because of the comfortability that I feel in there, the way that I take to it, the way that I'm a sponge with everything that our trainers tell us. I mean, I can remember I could tell you exactly everything that Doug told us this past week.
Speaker 4: So you saw at Doug Bash and Doug Bash and Al Snow Snow Yeah.
Speaker 6: Jay de Narrow he was my my beginner's course trainer. So and just the opportunity to step in there every day is just incredible and so. But the biggest thing is that in football, you know, you're always told to speed up. In this saw, I'm having to be told to slow down. Yeah, they are very, very weird.
Speaker 4: So tell people what it's like just to fall. Like, I don't think Shannon, you know this because you've done the training. I don't think people realize. Like, the first thing they teach you is to fall, Ye, explain to people what that means.
Speaker 6: So taking a bump. Obviously there's a way to fall and a way to protect yourself. The biggest thing in wrestling is not only are you in there protecting yourself, but you're trying to protect the guy that you're working with. That's the biggest thing. We're all about protection of being professionals in there. So when you're taking a fall, you have to be able to brace and understand where to hit on the mat.
Speaker 4: So explain to people what that means. So you when you fall, you spread out, attack the mat. Talk about that.
Speaker 6: So attacking the mat when you fall down, it's almost like in football and power cleans, you come through your hips. So the same thing when you fall, you're coming in with your hips coming out and you're spreading your arms out, tucking the chin, making sure your head doesn't hit that so.
Speaker 4: It disperses the energy across your body. Yep, so it doesn't put as much pressure on one part. And you tuck your chin so you don't hit your head on the back.
Speaker 6: And right flat on your back and smack the mat as you come down, smack all in one motion.
Speaker 4: And you all and your you get to the point where your body does that naturally. Right.
Speaker 6: I actually fell the other day in my house and I took a bump. I actually did.
Speaker 4: The goal is to teach your brain to fall like that. Yeah right, yep.
Speaker 6: I actually so there was a rug that didn't have anything underneath it, and literally the rug slipp out from underneath me. I literally just you know, mind muscle connection just went boom and you smack and you smacking like that and it didn't hurt. I have seen al do this with people, your early things. You're just doing that over and over and over, am I right? Yeah, They're trying to burn it into your brain.
Speaker 4: And it hurts, doesn't it. I mean you've played football that hurts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this hurts too, though. I'm still getting in the as bath every day is that right. Yeah, it hurts, especially now when we're an intermediate class, you know, and learning how to take different bumps, hip tosses, body slams, clothes lines, shoulder tackles, turnbuckles in the corners. It's a lot of.
Speaker 3: People think those rings are bounce even Billy Cash. You got to explain to Billy, that's not a trampoline.
Speaker 4: They're not They're not bouncy.
Speaker 6: No, you got about maybe a quarter inch of foam patting. I call it. It's like a styrofoam most and then underneath that is nothing but wood wood. That's all it is. And you got to if you watch.
Speaker 4: The Netflix series Wrestlers, you see them when they're in the Harlan episode, they're carrying the wood slabs. That's what's under there.
Speaker 6: Yep. We built the one there at the event we had at the Louisville Airfield. Yeah, a couple a couple of weeks ago, And so I got to be a part of that and seeing, you know, exactly how the rings put together, you know, and all the dynamics that go into that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, we're gonna take a quick break. I want to I want to finish with you here. Let me do cornbread himp. Here's a little update. You know, we had the cornbread Hemp Seltzers. Yes, sold out, really sold out, all right because of you folks. They came in the surprise wave. Taste them and they're delicious, and now they're gone. Now they're gonna get another set next week. Okay, but they sold out. But cornbreadhip dot Com has your gummies and all the rest, but the Seltzers have sold out. So when they come on next week and you hear me say it, you better go quick. It's Cornbreadthip dot Com promo COKSR. We'll come back. Finished with cash Daniel finished the show. It's KSR. Welcome back, take you Sports Radio. This segment spots are by DraftKings tonight. They are playoff games if you want to do it. They're a fish sports betting part of the NBA. They're sitting to me, Drew and Mario not Ryan to Scottsdale for the barstole bet Gal. I'm sorry, I'd love for you to go.
Speaker 6: No, you don't.
Speaker 4: You got to draft gigs dot Com?
Speaker 5: No, I would we go fun you don't want me and Abillity to go.
Speaker 4: Promo code is ks R bet five, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets at DraftKings if you have a gaming problem called one A hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky owns elgib or sing supply new customers only, bonspe Exspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issues for additional term Responsible Gaming Resources DKG dot co slash Audio. All right, so now you've been doing it for a while and you're gonna make your debut in the ring? Are you nervous to go to Pikeville where you know you got family, it's during hillbilly days. Are you nervous?
Speaker 6: No, I'm not nervous at all, just like I said, because you know, I feel like this is what I was meant to do. And you know, when you're meant to do something, I think that, you know, the nerves kind of go. And I say that now, you know. But I could get to the arena.
Speaker 4: And it's like, you have music, Well, do you know what your music?
Speaker 6: I do have music. The guys at over W hooked me up there for you got some pretty good music.
Speaker 4: But uh so you're gonna so, But I mean most people their debut match is like before the show in front of forty people or something. You're going to be in an arena? Is that? That's crazy?
Speaker 6: And I think that's kind of what makes me not as nervous because it becomes a full circle moment for me because my first wrestling match I ever saw. And it's funny. My mother actually sent me a picture TNA came to town and I got in the ring and got to take a picture with Kurt Angle and she saw that last night, and it's funny just thinking about how I'm being able to make my debut in the same arena.
Speaker 4: Wow, Oh, that's very cool. It's cool.
Speaker 6: I fell in love with wrestling, and I think that's making it that full circle moment, making more of a presentation of why you know, I think I was meant all right.
Speaker 4: So you're wrestling. So it's tomorrow night, seven o'clock. It's part of Hillbilly Days. It's an Appalachian Wireless arena in Pikeville, OV. W Uh, you should go out root on the former cat here Cash. You're going up against Superior Tony Evans and he is from Bowling Green. Two Kentuckians going at it. Are you you? I don't know if Shan. I don't know if he could win that superior has been around for.
Speaker 3: A while, right, yeah, I mean with cash. If he came in and had to win over Tony Evans right away, I mean that wouldn't be like strapping the rocket to you, sending you all the way to the top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what he had you, we think you can take him.
Speaker 6: I know for one percent fact that Tony Evans has never seen the athleticism, the explosiveness, and the level of violence that.
Speaker 4: Brings violence in the ring. Now, Tony's been doing a long time though. I mean, you're bigger than him, but he's got like all this. He knows that he's got the smart moves. He knows he's he's an intellectual wrestler. I mean, I know you're big cash, but I don't know. I mean, that's a that's a guy who's been around the block a little bit.
Speaker 6: He can be around the block as much as he wants to. I'm just going to drag him out to the deep end and drown him.
Speaker 4: He was already so good at this.
Speaker 5: I believe every word he says.
Speaker 6: I mean, he can have all the technicality of you know, a building in the ring that he wants to. When it comes down to sure will power and the ability to go out and do what I do best, is just he has no chance.
Speaker 4: He likes to talk a lot of you does. I mean you've played against football players that talk famously. Put that dude on Florida put his leg in a in a vice. Are you you're gonna do something like that to him?
Speaker 6: I way to bring that up.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. Yeah, but now's the time to bring it up.
Speaker 6: I might save that before we go down to Gainesville. Florida's pissing people. Okay, but uh but no, Uh, you know, he comes out all every week and he sounds you know, he sounds constanpated. He goes, Oh, he sounds like a constipated money coming out there. I'm like, dude, the only person that needs to hush is your I save myself, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be careful, you save brow. That's exactly where I saved myself there. But well, let's do some picks here. This will be our DraftKings pick of the day. Tony Evans Superior versus Cash, Daniel Ryan Lemon. I'll let you go first. Who you got.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a great thing that Cash. No, I are in the studio at the same time. Because people mistake me for him all the time.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's true.
Speaker 2: And I think his wrestling career started when he threw me into a table at Chaos Barn Grill, So there's no.
Speaker 4: Doubt he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Cash Daniel Winter and he's rookie debut the winner from Pafield, Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Cash Daniel, all right, what about you, Drew.
Speaker 7: You know, I did a twenty minute Peloton workout where I broke my muscles down last night, so I know what I'm talking about here, and it is going to be inferior Tony Evans because Cash Daniel.
Speaker 4: Joy to destroy him. Yeah. Interesting, Okay, all right, now I'll let Shannon go last. I'm gonna pick Cash Eastern Kentucky in six, so six. I do think it's gonna be a tough match. Tony is from Bowling Green gone a long time. He's a hilltopper and he actually he's actually a good talker. I like Tony anam May was his manager once the comedian anime remember, so you have to remember that. But with the home crowd, Cash Daniel is gonna get his first victory. Shannon I'll let you finish.
Speaker 3: You gotta remember Cash putting through that table. I mean that looked pretty impressive, but I don't know if you can do it to a guy like superior Tony Evans. So Cash, sorry, man, I got I'm picking Tony Evans. Tony Evans's gonna beat you down. Cash.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Hey, I respect your decision there, Shannon. But here's the thing. I'm not worried about a guy who had to have paid protection to watch his back.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yes, Jay de Niro, that's true.
Speaker 6: I'm not worried about a guy like that.
Speaker 4: You don't have any You came in here without a posse at all.
Speaker 6: So all me.
Speaker 2: I just thought of Cash has done a lot of radio. The world radio Heavyweight Champion built is up for grabs to it.
Speaker 6: You know, I defended.
Speaker 4: You've been in the match, Shannon. I feel like you've held that title again in a while.
Speaker 3: It was just maybe a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 6: I was in there all right.
Speaker 4: Seven o'clock tomorrow night. Cash. Proud of you, yeah, seriously, proud of you for everything. Great the beast you're gonna do great. Thank you for coming in and we will see you tomorrow. This is being at kas Mark, Tucky Sports Radio