Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us the one and only Bloomberg News process at. Reporter Isabelle Lee here in the house.
Speaker 1: Where would you like to begin the one and only micro strategy more strategy tickers mstr So the stock has fluctuated strategy? I know me too.
Speaker 3: Is it called strategy?
Speaker 1: Yes, shoot headline it looks like sailor strategy. But his strategy is to buy bitcoin. So the stock has fluctuated strategy, simple, very simple, use leverage, buy bitcoin. Okay, So the stock is now down up to percent, it was down earlier, so fluctuating between gains and losses. But why are we talking about strategy today? Because it's emerging as a new contender to be part of the S and P five hundred night. So that is a big thing. They recently emerged as a candidate. And this is a scenario that's seemed far fetched just a few months ago. So what change? Last quarter? They had a fourteen billion dollar unrealized gain and this delivered the profitability requirement for the index eligibility in theory undercurrent rules, So SMP is different from outther indexes because there's a little bit more nuanced there. There's what they call committee discretion, So even if a stock is eligible, it doesn't mean it will be included. In fact, a lot of these cell side shops they have at least twenty in their list. But of course strategy is the one that gains attention. And it's really interesting because if admitted, passive funds would have to buy fifty million shares approximately sixteen billion dollars. And of course, do I even need to mention that this is a big win for cryptobroson just take play.
Speaker 4: It would be. It would be a big win if it happens. We should know coinbase and block are already in there, so there's sort of like this fintech idea that maybe that's true.
Speaker 1: But an analyst told me that it's hard to ignore a player this big. So the minimum threshold to be included in the S and P five hundred is twenty two point seven billion micro strategy or strategy, it's nearly one hundred. Yeah, it's really wild, but I must say again that there are almost two dozen eligible companies, but strategies, of course the one gaining.
Speaker 4: In app love and Robinhead markets Carvana. It sounds like you know a lot about this. Maybe you have a story that's among the most red on the Bloomberg terminal. Hopefully that focuses on this exact thing. So check that one out if you want more information. They're broad coaming.
Speaker 3: Am I crazy? Wait?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Like twenty twenty two micro strategy was like a fourteen dollars stock Yes, like, I just I know that doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 4: Go back and look at bitcoin and what it was doing.
Speaker 3: Then, okay, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I know, I just I don't know click side note. Micro strategy is all right in then't ask that one hundred But arguably the SMP is a much bigger stage, almost double in side So still.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it means. It means even if you don't want to own bitcoin, you're going to own it through if it joins the sea.
Speaker 1: The cold logic of investing. Vanguard, who we know has as two digital assets. They're one of the biggest holders. Oh, strategy just kind of wild.
Speaker 3: Hey, speaking about what investors are holding on to today, are buying into this is your number one gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred and s and P five hundred. We are talking about Broadcom.
Speaker 1: Broadcom ticker is AVGO, So it's helping open ai design and produce an a accelerator that will start shipping in twenty twenty six. So this is a lucrative sphere that is really dominated by Navidea. So obviously Broadcome investors are cheering the move. You see their biggest inter day vile since April, and of course you see Nvidia slump their biggest intra day since at least May. So the order of the accelerator total more than ten billion. This is a big deal. Open Ai is really experiencing a lot of shortages and now they're actually broadening out. They used to be only exclusively with Microsoft, but now brought out to Oracle, Corewave and Google.
Speaker 3: Fascinating story, right, like, look at how these cycles are just moving so quickly and who might be I'm not saying and video's doing just fine, but it's just a reminder you're not always on top, correct, it may not stay there forever?
Speaker 4: Speaking of cycles, is at leisure in some sort of cycle right now?
Speaker 1: Lula Lama tickers Lulu it's down almost twenty percent. That's after they cut their outlook disappointment investors for a certain straight quarter. Yes, and their share is at the lowest level since the onset of the pandemic. And investors are so spooked that at least seven analysts downgraded to a stop in a single day, pushing the share of buy recommendations of the company to the lowest since twenty fourteen. And I love Lula Leammon personally, and a lot of my peers do. I mean the quality is prey, Yeah, full transparency.
Speaker 3: No pun intended.
Speaker 4: That you're going back in time.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to if you can't understand that.
Speaker 1: But I agree that I think the quality of yes, my leggings from my college days, which was yesterday. No, I'm kidding, but so great. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the pushback on this is that, yeah, they were early to market and they sort of created this market. Now there's so much competition in this space, and you walk around New York City in the summer, and what do you see people wearing. It's not necessarily Lulu Lemon.
Speaker 1: It's not dominated by Lemon anymore. And consumers sweaty Betty, Yes, everything, and while you're very aware, I love it.
Speaker 4: That's what I hear.
Speaker 1: Consumers are now more value focused and they're kind of I don't want to say overpriced, but they're expensive. They're almost one hundred dollars for a legging.
Speaker 3: So isn't all.
Speaker 4: That stuff expensive though, like the companies that I just.
Speaker 1: Mentioned, Yeah, but it rarely goes on sale, I guess, Carol and I a yeah. And they're also affected by tariffs, so just very quickly, they're affected by the the Minimus exemption. This is where low value shipments under eight hundred will now be taxed. And of course, I mean if you order leggings, you'll expect that to be taxed, so that's obviously affecting. And Lula Lemon also lowered both a revenue and EPs outlook, So tough times for Lula Lemon.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app,