Speaker 1: Aw from Jay.
Speaker 2: Jay, Yeah real quick.
Speaker 3: Real real quick? Yeah, how quick?
Speaker 4: Well here's the thing.
Speaker 3: No, how quick, real quick? How quick?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 4: I wanted to know about the pickup deal?
Speaker 6: Are you still doing the seven ninety nine pickup deal?
Speaker 3: All right, here's what I'm gonna tell you're reading right now, is I will I will, I will engage with this bit. But are you prepared to after doing the bit, you know, provide me with I'll do the bit. But if we're just gonna do the bit and then afterwards, you're not gonna give me anything of substance, I don't know if I want to do the bit. If you can promise me that after you do this bit, they'll there'll be something, then I'll do it. I'll I'll yes, and your bit.
Speaker 6: So the pizza.
Speaker 3: It's I gave you an opportunity. I gave you a chance. I gave you a crossroads. I gave you two options, Jay, and you chose the one that you chose one. I gave you a chance, Jay, I gave you a shot. You could have done it. You could have done your bit. I gave you an option in which we could.
Speaker 7: I fucking compromised for you, Jay, and you didn't take it. Why we both would have won in that scenario and you still said, no, why Jay?
Speaker 3: Why did you do that?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 3: This is Lyle, this is the GEK. This is me and I'm in my house and I'm recording an intro to the Therapy Ecko podcast. You just heard what happens when you try to prank call into the show. But also it's fine. Look, I don't want to detract people from prank calling into the show because sometimes I mean, why not. Look, you can do anything you want. I'm not gonna I'm not here to tell you what you can and can't do, what shows you can and can't print call. I'm just showing you an example of someone who tried and I'm assuming, according to his metrics, failed to do that. You might be more successful than him. I don't know. That's why I want you. That's why I want it to be open for you to be able to try. That's why I'm not saying don't do it. I'm just saying, here's a case study. Okay. Anyway, welcome, this is I'm very excited about this episode. Last week we had Attorney Tom here. Attorney Tom is the most famous catastrophic injury lawyer on TikTok Okay, that means he well, he explains better what it means than I do. But it means that he doesn't do, you know, just fender benders and car accidents. You know, he only does you know, real shit, real crazy injuries. So he'll explain that in the next little bit. But yeah, he was awesome. We had a great time. He was a great guest. We talked about all kinds of things, all kinds of calls. We spoke with a career arsonist and masturbader. We were pitched on the idea of getting rid of all traffic laws, and we heard a tale of a very spicy encounter underneath a bridge. All great stuff. Tom was awesome. And then in the second half we talked about all kinds of things. You know, I had a pretty serious call, rare serious call with a musician having a bit of an identity crisis. So stick around for that. And yeah, if you want to call into the show, I stream every Monday Wednesday Friday at ten pm Eastern Standard Time on twitch dot tv slash lyle Forever, So go check that out. But anyway, yeah, this was an awesome episode. I'm super excited about it. I hope you guys enjoy it, and I love you and hail Satan and God is dead and enjoy I'll talk with you soon. So, Tom, you were saying, we were chatting earlier and you were telling me that you mainly do catastrophic injury. You don't do like, you know, car accidents and fender benders, just catastrophic accidents.
Speaker 8: You said, yeah, correct, I'm a catastrophic personal injury lawyer. What that means is pretty straightforward. I deal with clients who are severely injured and just by happenstance. A lot of the times people get severely injured or an incident such as you know, explosions or eighteen wheeler collisions. The biggest case I'm working on right now is a six hundred foot Norwegian oil tanker collided with an eighty one foot shrimping boat, killing three of the four people on board. I represent the only survivor and one of the deceased semen. So that's the kind of stuff I do. People do call my office with like fender bender, that kind of stuff, and we do, you know, like we have like I'll take those cases or give them you know, have other lawyers work on them, but the cases that I spend my time on are catastrophic personal greet cases.
Speaker 3: How do you deal with like, you know, are people constantly coming to you and like, you know, severe traumatic distress? You know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so so it just it just depends if it's a lot of the times it's the family who's making the first inclination or the first inquiry, the first round of vetting too, because somebody's either in the hospital or they're just not in the right frame of mind. And and to be quite honest, and I don't blame them when you when your life gets turned upside down, the last thing you wanted you to think about is suing. You're thinking about, you know, when can I get healthy again? Right, So it's a little bit of everything, and and the trauma doesn't go away. You know, if you've ever met somebody who's had a life altering injury, it's oftentimes not the first five months that are the hardest. It's you know, from six months five years later, which is the hardest when they're with where there's no pain and they just have to adapt to their new reality, whatever that is. Whether it's not having an arm or not having a leg or whatever. You know, when there's no immediate pain where they don't need immediate care, it's the mental the pain and suffering, the mental fortitude that they need to keep going is often, you know, it's most tested at that time.
Speaker 3: Is that something you find yourself having to like testify about a lot, is like, you know, share the trauma that people have had as far as like you know, their mental injuries.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Sure, So I'll give you a great example of that. Last September, so a year ago, actually a year ago this week, on September thirtieth or thirty first, I was part of a trial and eighteen wheeler collision. We got a very very good verdict for our client. Twelve million, four hundred and fifty thousand dollars verdict for our client. She was injured in an eighteen wheeler incident. And if you looked at her right now and at the trial, you cannot find anything wrong with her. She looks like a normal person. She looks totally normal. But what happened was when she was hit, the way she was collided, or the way she contorted her body and the way that you know, she banged up against the car. She ended up pinching her trigeminal nerve, which is right in your face, and she developed a condition called trigeminal neuralgia. Okay. Trigeminal neuralgia is called the suicide disease because it's so unbearably painful to live with. Okay. So your trigymnal area is like this area right here, okay, and when this nerve pinches it, it just excre cruciatingly painful. And it can be activated at any time, and it's activated by by breathing, by talking, by eating, by brushing your teeth, by doing things that you can't avoid. So it's called the suicide disease because so many people who have this disease kill it. You know, they just cannot handle the pain and it never goes away. But from the outside they look totally fine. You would never know. But and on top of that, it's it's off and on, it's hot and cold. She might go a month or maybe even two months, probably not two months, but she might go a month and not have any anything happened to her. She might live a totally normal life, and she might be brushing her teeth one day and boom, she's in just excruciating pain. She can't do anything for two days, she's got to just lay in bed with the lights off or stuff like that. So so you know that that's a that's purely you know, how do you communicate that? How is that quantifiable? You know that's a big part of it of the job, you know, and so so pain and suffering, you know, mental anguish. You know, even even when she's okay, right, you're always living in fear. You know, it's not just you're not just suffering those times you're in pain, You're you're living cautiously. You're not. You know, it takes away your hope, it takes away your joy, you know, it's there's there's just a lot. So so yeah, I mean you see a lot and and you know her story is not unique, you know, it's it's very it's very uh you know, it's a common thing when you're dealing with somebody's h experienced a catastrophic injury.
Speaker 3: M right, So you have to I mean, when you look at a person like that and there's nothing wrong with them, you have to be the one to sort of testify on their behalf of everything.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean we advocate right where there where their lawyer, where they're where they're where they're where their advocate. But you know, for for medical conditions, right, I'm not a doctor. I didn't know what tried gyminal neuralogia was before, you know, dealing with this client. So we have to you know, we have to get to the bottom of it. We have to have medical experts and and people who can testify about all that kind of stuff, you know, like for that particular trial. I live in Houston, Texas. There's a doctor in Houston, Texas who's one of coincidentally, one of the world's experts in try gyminal neuralgia. He's the one who testified at you know, at that time at that trial. So and we knew him before. I mean obviously we took a deposition of him and all that stuff. So you know, we uh, you know, we just do the best we can. We just we add we we acquire the knowledge, right, We're not the experts, and then it's our job to make the argument. You know, we package it all together.
Speaker 3: Man. That is terrified. You know, it's so crazy because I was gonna say, I talk all the time, but the dynamic shifts so much when I'm with someone who actually knows things about things, as opposed to me not knowing anything about anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's your name, sir?
Speaker 6: My name is Luke.
Speaker 3: How's life going, Luke?
Speaker 9: That's good?
Speaker 3: Have you ever been in trouble?
Speaker 9: Luke? I've been in trouble a few times.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When's the last time you got in trouble?
Speaker 9: The last time I was in trouble was like a year ago.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 9: Luther?
Speaker 6: And then yesterday?
Speaker 1: Oh so a year ago? I? Uh?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 9: I committed Arson?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why did you commit arson a year ago? Luke?
Speaker 9: I counted arsen Like I don't know. It was complete insurance fraud. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Did it work?
Speaker 2: It actually did work.
Speaker 9: I was compensated three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Had had What did you do with that three hundred thousand dollars that you were coversated after committing insurance fraud?
Speaker 9: I invested it into stocks?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, what did you do yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yesterday? I? Uh? I? I so, I try to live no not November every day of my life, and I kind of I kind of gave it in.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I mean, how did that get you in trouble? Were you under a bridge?
Speaker 9: It got me now, it got me in trouble with the lord. I feel like I've said horrible man. Yo, Tom, I don't understand what's so funny?
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Luke. I'm trying to I'm trying to pull together your your your your incident seemed very very real and Okay. Of course, I'm not your lawyer at a note state you're in, and I can't give you legal advice. And what you just said was to approximately I don't know, give or take five hundred people, but if I was your lawyer, i'd probably tell you not to admit to getting committing arson and committing insurance fraud to the public. You know that's.
Speaker 9: Especially Yeah, So actually I have a question, okay, okay, So is this illegal?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 9: How was legal?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 9: How much trouble could I get in for this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: So, per se, I had ten million dollars okay, okay, and I paid an appraiser fifteen thousand dollars okay to appraise of paying for three million dollars okay, and I donated that paying for three million dollars, and I have a three million dollar tax break for paying that was worth like twenty bucks.
Speaker 8: Well, you could get into a lot of trouble if you got that phone.
Speaker 9: What if nobody found out.
Speaker 8: Well, if nobody found out, then you won't get into any trouble.
Speaker 9: Okay, So it's like anything, you know, if somebody did find out. How many years of jail am I looking at?
Speaker 8: Probably probably just depends on where you did it. Did you cross state lines? Is it a federal offense? Who's your prosecutor it's gonna be? I mean, it could be a wide wide I mean, if you're committing tax fraud that which you would be by not by not paying your taxes to the federal government, you would go to the federal h It'd be a federal crime, which is a lot more severe. There's no parole in federal court for federal crimes. I mean, you, I don't know exactly how many years you would get probably the nature of your yeah, but I mean you would definitely go to jail.
Speaker 9: Okay. So I also have another question for you guys. Okay, do you ever just like set up a lawn chair in the shower and sit in the shower.
Speaker 8: No, my shower is not even big enough for a lawn chair. No, Alexy, I want to. I want to just as a general, just as a human, as as I want to be. Investor, tell me where you invested your three hundred thousand dollars from your from your alleged which we can't confirm for legal reasons because I want to get in trouble from your alleged insurance fraud. Where did you invest your three hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: I am also.
Speaker 9: Careius well, I invested some of it into Tesla and dal Jones s m P five hundred was another one I was looking into.
Speaker 8: So a fun guy.
Speaker 9: So but honestly, it's honestly kind of it's honestly kind of sucks because the stock prices have been down lately.
Speaker 8: But you said you invested a year ago. Where are you when you invested? I mean, are you up? Are you up? And how has your money been in the market for twelve months?
Speaker 9: For I am down recently?
Speaker 8: Right recently, But I'm talking about overall. I mean, do you have a long term stock portfolio or I mean what's your D game? You know, would you like to retire somewhere someday, would you.
Speaker 9: Well, the main, the main goal is to you know, just I don't know. It's something I've always been interested in since I was young. And I remember being four years old reading about Tesla on the Internet and I figured it was a great idea to you know, invest.
Speaker 8: So Tesla went public in like twenty ten. So if you're three or four years older, you have fourteen of that.
Speaker 9: Can you prove it?
Speaker 8: Now? I'm using circumstance evidence or not even circumstantial evidence, direct evidence. I'm a lawyer, man, Come on, you know I got to ask these questions.
Speaker 3: Luke, I have a question, Joe.
Speaker 9: What's that question?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: What is your relationship like with God?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 9: Every single day I wake up and I pray to the Lord Jesus Christ that he forgives me for all my sins, because the Lord knows I'm the sinner.
Speaker 3: What do you think pissed got off more between the Arson and the Master?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't think he knows what arson is.
Speaker 3: You don't think God God invented arson. Have you not heard the story of the Burning Bush?
Speaker 9: I have, and I faintly remember it though I was when I was around four years old. Three, Maybe.
Speaker 8: Just around the time when you started reading about Tesla.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yes, yes, yes, well Luke, uh you know, good luck.
Speaker 3: Why do you say that, You know, because I.
Speaker 6: You worried about me.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about those around you.
Speaker 9: I hope they're fine.
Speaker 3: I hope they're fine.
Speaker 6: To Luke, it should be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it looks. Stay safe and YouTube you don't piss off God again.
Speaker 9: I'll try not too. Man, I'm gonna live for you. Go by the way. I like your tie, Thank you. I want attorney. I'm not gonna lie. You do need your haircut. Your sides are looking a little longer.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 9: But thank you guys for all the advice. Honestly, what I would do is I would get a beanie and I would pull it down over your eyebrows. Did a baggy pair of pants and a flannel and only button the top button. I think it would complete the look. And as for you, geta You look amazing today, man, keep doing what you're doing. Thanks, Yeah for sure? All right, all right, you guys have a great day.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: Hi, do you think water's wet?
Speaker 3: Do I think water is wet? Yes?
Speaker 8: But why.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess Okay, So if something, if something gets water on it, then it becomes wet.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 3: And if I get lile on something, is that thing liled? But then would I be lyled if I'm made of lyle?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think so, because you don't like you know, you're solid? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Water being wet is a temporary state. My argument would be that anything that is what we can see, what we conceive of as wet permanently would be liquid.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: Liquids can't be wet. Wet is a temporary condition when something that is solid or semi solid becomes drenched in liquid, presumably water. Yes, So my argument would be water is not wet. But if you pour water on, you know, lyle, then lyle would be wet butle. But water itself is not wet.
Speaker 3: Wait, Tom, if you pour water on water, it does it become wet?
Speaker 8: No, it doesn't, because you would. It's a liquid, so it just remains in its permanent state of being a liquid. It does not get anything more wet.
Speaker 3: What if you freeze it and it becomes ice, and you dip the ice in water.
Speaker 8: Well, while the ice is solid, it can be wet, but wow, but then as it transitions into liquid. It doesn't become wet, it just becomes liquid.
Speaker 1: Call from Alex.
Speaker 14: Tack, Alex, how you doing?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm doing all right, Alex.
Speaker 14: So I got into some legal trouble with my girlfriend one night and it ended up costing me three hundred and seventy five dollars. So I actually went down to a boat launch and it was probably just after dusk, and uh, I was sitting down with her, you know, doing what you do, and then suddenly this fog light or spotlight comes on my truck and suddenly someone's banging on my window saying get out, get out, and so I thought it was some like homeless people underneath the bridge, and suddenly he just keeps going. So they all right, get onto the blanket in the back and hide. I'll go out and deal with it. Well, I get out, and then he's like turn around, So apparently I still do this day.
Speaker 6: Do not know.
Speaker 14: I think he was a game warden, but I'm really not sure. But I basically got a three hundred and seventy five ticket for getting a blowjob under a bridge, and I went to contest it in court and the joe only reduced it by half, even though I had a clean record. I was very confused.
Speaker 8: What state are you? And Alex.
Speaker 6: Washington?
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, Alex, first of all, you know, I'm not a Washington attorney. This is not legal advice, and your matter's already over, so that shouldn't matter. But a lot of states do have indecent exposure or sex act in public violations such as that. And you know, it's very possible or probable that that ticket the game warden or officer wrote few is within their you know, is within their boundaries or within their limits, you know. And I'm sorry that that happened. And the judge actually is pretty cool cutting the fee in half. I think, so what so I mean, you know, what was it? Three seventy five cut cut by two? So that's I don't know, I'm pretty bad at math. That's one hundred and eighty bucks give or take one hundred yeah, eighty seven bucks around there. Yeah, yeah, sorry that happened.
Speaker 6: But nothing.
Speaker 14: That's the thing is like he didn't see anything. So it's like I just got a ticket for I guess being down there beyond dusk.
Speaker 8: But well, you can take you know, you could take some circumstantial evidence.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: I'm sure if you were in a closed car, your windows were all foggy. You guys were probably in the back seat. You know how long it took for you to get out of the car, you know, And to be quite honest, you even admitted that you were getting a blowjob, you know here, so you know, he might have seen something or or you know, heard some thing, got inferred or gave him, you know, enough evidence to write you that ticket. And it sounds like when you went to court you pled guilty. If that's if your ticket got reduced, so you didn't fight it, would you you had the right to.
Speaker 5: But I did.
Speaker 14: I did fight it.
Speaker 8: Oh you did fight it. So you went to.
Speaker 14: Tryal Yeah, I did. I went down there because he wrote me a ticket for like being down there past dusk. And so when you pull into the boat launch and I went back the next day, and all the signs are covered completely with sticker bushes, so you couldn't see them anyway, So you couldn't read the signs that said you couldn't be there. I mean, I believe there's so long I know that you can't be there, But still in ye eyes, right, well, technically you can't see the sign. So I showed the pictures to the judge. She's like, all right, reduced by half. I was like, okay, well whatever, I have a clean record. Bit that's fine. So I went back the next day after the trial and all the strict buses were gone.
Speaker 8: So having a sign is not outcome determinative, right, So I mean, like, you know, I could go out into you know, I don't know, like just a random street. I could get in my car and go into parking a random street or a random parking lot, and you know that there's there doesn't need to be a sign that says, you know, hey, by the way, no blow jobs in this parking lot past nine pm or at all. Right, So so I would just and I'm just guessing right that the sign is not outcome determinative of what was happening. It was more just that what like you for for all you know, you you could have been in your own driveway doing that and still got in that same ticket just because you were in public, in the public view, and there is that you know, it's just an indecent indecency argument.
Speaker 6: I gotcha.
Speaker 14: So my next question is what is your if let's say you get a ticket of any sort. What is the best things to say to the judge when you go to fight it.
Speaker 8: Well, it just depends right on how much evidence they have. Let me, let's back up a little bit. The best The best thing you can do is when you are getting a ticket, the second that you were getting pulled over for anything, you need to shut the fuck up it is. That is rule number one. The officer comes to your window, they say, pull out your ID. You pull out your ID because you have to identify yourself. Again, I'm a Texas lawyer. I assume that's true for every state. You know, if you don't identify yourself, you're probably gonna get in trouble. I feel safe saying that that's pretty unanimous. Then they're gonna ask you a bunch of questions. They're gonna try to get under your skin. You're gonna say, officer, I'm not talking about my day, officer, you know, Or hey, hey, hey Tom, do you know why I pulled you over? No, officer, I don't know why you pulled me over, Nor am I gonna guess. I'm not gonna give you any evidence. I'm not gonna give you anything. I want you to tell me everything. I'm not gonna be talking about my day. I'm not gonna tell you who I'm with respectfully. Of course you don't need to be a dick to them, but you know, you just say officer respectfully. Uh, just just tell me what you need from me and if I'm free to go, great, if not. So that that's how you can set yourself up best, because a lot of times police officers will pull you over for something very minor and then end up walking away with something much worse because you just were running your damn mouth, you know.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 8: And police officers quite frankly, deal with a lot of people, and if you're respectful and you're quiet it, they'll forget you by the time the court date comes. You know, the court date's not going to be for months, so if you're respectful and quiet, you don't. But but they go out of their way to remember the people who cause them trouble, right, and they'll make sure they show up to court for them. So so that's how you set the stage correctly. And then when you go in front of the judge, you know it's just gonna depend you know, how they might have crystal clear evidence that you're guilty. They might not, but it's just being respectful and doing all that stuff. And if you can, I always recommend hiring a lawyer. I mean, lawyers are there to navigate all all of that. You know that that that the legal process. So that's kind of my tips. There's no cure, all right, there's no magic way to get out of every ticket. If there was, I would let you know. But you know, it's just about setting yourself out, Yeah, setting yourself up for the most probable chance of success.
Speaker 14: It's very good advice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what are you going to do now?
Speaker 14: What am I going to do now? I guess not get blow jobs underneath the bridge anymore, that's the first thing.
Speaker 3: But uh, there's thats one places you can get blow jobs, Alex.
Speaker 8: Well, you won't get a ticket.
Speaker 3: Where you won't get a ticket where you can get one safely, safely.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I know, I know a lot of spots around here.
Speaker 6: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're not worried about you at all, Alex.
Speaker 8: Just just for the for the listeners at home who might be concerned that under a bridge is the only place where you can get a blow job. There are other there are other avenues there are other places.
Speaker 3: This is why we do This is why we have conversations like this to let and important information such as that into the open.
Speaker 14: Yes, people need this cheaper to learn from other's mistakes.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you very much for calling in, Alex. And uh, you know, sharing your extra paids and you know, look stay safe out that right, and you know write down a list of five other places so that you have it on hand when you need a place to go to get a blowjob. That's not a bridge ten for Thank you sir, Take care Alex.
Speaker 14: A y all a good night.
Speaker 3: Can fire be on fire?
Speaker 8: But what is? But but you wouldn't fire is not a property?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: I mean something can be wet? Oh, I guess something can be on fire? Right, something can be burning?
Speaker 3: Can fire burn be? Can fire be burning?
Speaker 8: Of course? Well? But isn't that? But but what is it burning? That's the thing is fire is a temporary condition. Water can stay water forever with no but fire needs energy to consume, right, It's getting that energy from somewhere, whether that's wood or propane or whatever. Fire is not the natural state. Water is a natural state as a liquid. And then.
Speaker 3: Can water burn?
Speaker 8: I mean in theory, right, water boils and it evaporates. Is lava wet? What about an? What about that's kind of an in between? Is lava wet?
Speaker 3: I thought lava was like melted, What the hell is lava?
Speaker 8: But lava is a liquid, right, I mean just floating around in the volcano. But it's wet. But is it wet? But it's not. It wouldn't be wet under that definition because it's a liquid. But could lava get if I poured lava on the table? Is the table wet? But also it's gonna catch on fire because the lava is the lava is gonna burn it.
Speaker 3: I do like that quote, Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 6: Is this Lyle?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Gek fucking a. I'm watching the stream right now and it's not lined up with what's happening on my phone. So this is very interesting.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 4: I need to leave this area of the computer. Yeah, I don't know how to. I don't know how.
Speaker 3: I want you to your computer, and I want you to go somewhere far away, and I want you to pretend like you're on a private phone conversation with a gecko and an attorney who does pol advice and is not your attorney.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: But usually is a therapist.
Speaker 4: This is this is surreal.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something, Scott. Yeah, have you ever been in trouble?
Speaker 4: Oh god, my whole life has been nothing but trouble, nothing but trouble. When I was I don't know sixteen, pulled over driving a car with a license and I hadn't even taken the test at that point, I was just fucking the squirrel who had a car, and that just led to a slew of issues for years to come.
Speaker 6: But that's okay.
Speaker 4: You know, the government exists for some reasons. Do I agree or do we agree?
Speaker 2: Why it exists?
Speaker 4: And what they do to us for the things that we do on the road or at home and shit like that.
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 4: It's beyond us the law, The law and exists, and I try to live my life as if it's just not there. How about you?
Speaker 8: So you do? But but then you do care, right, And you can't say that, oh, because if you live your life the laws don't exist. They you you get consequences like getting pulled over when you don't have a license in it and the repercussions.
Speaker 4: Oh, of course, all of those repercussions I've been dealing with for years Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: What's your what's your what's your theoretical stance on governance? You know, what is what is the perfect form of government?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I think we can all agree, no matter who we are, that there has to be some general senses of how to act amongst each other. But it is not in my nature to really and invoke my life onto anybody else's. Like, I don't think. I think government should be minimalistic, and I think democracy has taken a slight dive in the last hundred years. And I just want everyone to be happy, no matter what they're doing. I want I want nobody to impede on their happiness, and I want us all to just live cohesively. But do you know what makes go ahead?
Speaker 8: But what happens when they're a bad actor? You can't you can't just like that sounds like a perfect world. No, no, no, nogue. On some of these rights, how how do you need somebody to step in and be the enforcer of laws?
Speaker 4: Well, and I know this is probably going to catch some flack, but I chair you know, I'm twenty seven. I'll be twenty eight in January. I'm a younger dude, But and I was not around for the times when pretty much everyone who was a man carried a gun, and lawmen were far into in between, and if you had an issue with somebody that really demanded an action, you would take care of it yourself. I feel like society as a whole has diverted towards a world where we rely too much or too heavily on somebody who was too far away to take action for us.
Speaker 8: What does that mean, rely on yourself? I mean, cann't you use that as an excuse for everything. Don't you need a neutral arbitrator. I've never seen an incident where both parts where one party says they were completely at fault. You know what happens if two people get into a fight. One person crabs the other and it was really the you know, it was really the guy who who shots fault, you know. But but then he's just gonna say, yeah, I was just defending myself or whatever. You just you're leading there. There needs to be a big brother, big sister in some capacity, surely. I mean, if you really you rely on everybody's word and goodness, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, you know, and that's why I say I relish the days that are long pass where you know the law exists, but it didn't impede on your daily life as heavily as it does today. Obviously, if you kill somebody out of just then you should be taken to justice, and justice should be sure, should be but.
Speaker 3: Life go ahead? What what law? What if you could get rid of any laws? What laws would you get rid of?
Speaker 4: Oh? Man, uh, pretty much every traffic law. Being able to distill your own whiskey. I'm literally looking at barrels of whiskey.
Speaker 3: I you said you would get rid of all traffic laws.
Speaker 2: Drink I think.
Speaker 4: I think speeding is as stupid and you should be able to go as fast as you want. We're all adults here. If you go too fast and you kill yourself, natural selection is going to go ahead and take course, and looking.
Speaker 8: At you kill somebody else.
Speaker 4: Honestly, again, natural selection will take hold and either you're gonna die, you're.
Speaker 8: For everybody you could be. I could be a PhD smartest guy in the world driving safely. Yeah, goes one hundred and twenty miles per hour, swerves, flies over the medianning kills me. That's not a natural selection.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I've been I've been driving eighty miles an hour in the fast plane after I just sotle the grammar DMP to some guys, happy as can be that I had two hundred dollars in my wallet, smoking a joint with a girl next to me, and then here comes some headlights toward me in my lane that I had to casually swerve to miss. And you know what, the thirty plus cops on the other side of the highway chasing the guy who was on my side of the highway. They weren't going to do dick for me if he hit me, you know what I mean? Like, I took care of that situation the.
Speaker 2: Same way anyone else should you.
Speaker 4: If you were too lazy to say your own life, well then I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: But wouldn't you agree that the more instances there were, the more statistically probable, Like like if you relate that if you replayed that same situation one hundred times, you might have gotten to an accident five percent of god, maybe ten percent of the time.
Speaker 4: I think I probably would have gone through an accident ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 8: That's great, m.
Speaker 3: Scott, what's your.
Speaker 4: Fun I think yield signs are more effective I've lived in I live in Texas and their neighborhoods around here where you come to a four way stop and it's a yield instead of a stop. So if you don't see anybody and you can, you're free to go ahead and cruise on through that fourway. But if you do what is necessary, you stop and let the person left you go first.
Speaker 8: Would you would you agree that not all people have the same driving abilities?
Speaker 4: Oh God, yes, and that's and and then you agree?
Speaker 8: Wouldn't you agree that you know they're they're they're that at some level? Mm hmm, everybody deserves the ability to drive, to transport themselves, to conduct their daily freedoms.
Speaker 4: Okay, well yes and no. And the no is probably the hardest part, because I feel like that freedom kind of gets muted at a certain age. Would you agree? I feel like some people at a certain age can drive. But where I'm from, I don't think you have to take your driving test for every lie. I don't think you have to take your driving test ever again. Once you take it, you just you're good, and you just get it renewed and then that's it. But there are some older people out there who want to rely on themselves to do the things they need to do in life, but they might not be the best drivers, and they might be a little stubborn about it, and that is rough, you know. And I think we've all seen the episode of Futurama where they put all the old people on a planet because at a certain point, you just get to be a burden. And I want to go eighty miles an hour on the highway and I don't want to be impeded by the people going sixty five on the fast Land.
Speaker 8: But you're kind of your argument doesn't really make sense. I you know, somebody with your stance on no driving laws should say, yeah, why everybody should be able to drive?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: I mean, how do you make.
Speaker 4: I guess I spoke to to audaciously when I said no driving laws. I mean, I feel like there's a there's a okay, okay, well if I if there are no driving laws, nobody would go drive because the only thing that you and I rely on every day when we go out and drive is the fact that those yellow fucking stripes in the road are the only thing keeping us alive, because if I ripes, I'm gonna kill you. And that's that. So there's a there's a certain moral ethical code on the road amongst all of us that this is how we drive, and if somebody's going faster, you get out of the way, or if there's an emergency vehicle come in, you pull over.
Speaker 6: You know, just these things that keep society flowing.
Speaker 4: But I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: All these towns, I'm apologetic about this, but all of these talents around America that just that just butcher people for going a little too fast and just raking all this money unethically.
Speaker 11: I think it's wrong.
Speaker 8: But but wouldn't you agree that if millions of people are on the road today, you need some form of cohesive structure because if you leave everybody just to just to go Audubond style in Audubon.
Speaker 4: But but if you go at the statistics for the Audubon, I mean they're they're they're very opaque. I mean, nobody killing themselves.
Speaker 8: They're right, I get it right there. But but there are lanes, you know, there's etiquette, there's I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to be road warrior. I just want no tickets pretty much. Listen, I feel like this is taking away from the whole point of what I called the day like, I feel like this is a relish moment that I need to take in, and you guys are so important. Go ahead, what happened?
Speaker 3: I want to hear you say that that.
Speaker 4: Exists for a reason.
Speaker 3: Can you say that lanes? That's important to have lanes?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, If we didn't have lanes, we'd be all over the place. Listen, you're getting too caught up on the fact. I don't want traffic blogs. I just don't want and find your ass for going a little too fast.
Speaker 3: What state do you live in so that I know there, I'll just walk.
Speaker 4: I live in Texas, where we can go eighty miles an hour on some roads, and if no one's around, you can just go ninety and it's totally okay because you're not hurting anybody, and you don't want to hurt anybody. You just want to get through this massive state that's three times the size of yours a little bit faster. When I go to Colorado to buy weed where it's legal to bring home here where it's not, I have to obey that the traffic laws. Coming back to I don't want to get pulled over again, and I don't want to have to pay new Mexico a bunch of fucking money just for going a little too fast. We're just ten miles up the road. It was eighty miles an hour, and it would have been leading.
Speaker 3: Because it's legal to buy a weed in Colorado, it's not legal to take that weed into Texas.
Speaker 4: Nope, not at all.
Speaker 3: And you're upset that you can't break the law.
Speaker 4: I feel like prohibition, you know, needs to end. And that's okay. I'm not again. I don't look at the law as anything that really affects my daily life. I just kind of live my life the best I can, treat people the best I can.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 7: You opened the call by saying that on a daily basis, the laws affect your life.
Speaker 4: Uh. You asked me if I had ever been in trouble. I said that. I. I mean I trouble follows me everywhere.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: I just whatever, you deal with it, like you deal with anything, you you learn from it and then you try to be wiser and move forward and not do that again. But that's okay, you know, if you if you if none of us had ever been in trouble, I feel like none of us ever really would have learned anything substantial.
Speaker 3: You know what a beautiful lesson for Oh come.
Speaker 4: On, I mean, what what what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: What troubles have you gone in where you were? Just like, man, that was a lot of work for from not a lot of reward and a lot of hassle. I should probably just not do that again. I mean, I feel like we all do that every day.
Speaker 3: What'd you say? Your name was my name of Adam?
Speaker 4: First man?
Speaker 3: Well Adam, thank you for for calling in this informative what no, what do you what do you mean?
Speaker 9: Dang?
Speaker 3: We got this was a we did a we got oh fift we got a good fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Wow, that just I mean, you know the old thing. Time flies and they're having fun.
Speaker 3: I love you, Scott. I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I love the hell out of you, and I love everyone who's listening. And again I'm not a bad person. I just wanted to be able to go faster. So you have a really great night. Oh wait before you go, before you go, hey, can I ask you something, Lyle? How are you doing today?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm doing?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 13: That's good.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to hear that you enter it the same way every time. Now, I get the whole shield this time. That's okay. So you have a good night, man, Thank you you too later, I love you goodbye.
Speaker 8: That was interesting.
Speaker 3: So Tom, what do you think should we should it be legal to kill people with your car?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Maddie to accept press one.
Speaker 10: Maddie, Oh my god, Hello, hello Maddie.
Speaker 3: How are you hi?
Speaker 6: O good?
Speaker 10: I'm really happy to say answered.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm happy that I that you called.
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 10: Oh my good. I see people saying my name in the chat. I did actually have a legal problem, I guess. And I don't want to go with like, I don't want to try to make the conversation super deep. But I was just wondering because I used to work for this restaurant or whatever, like a local one, and oh wait, am I allotted to cut? Like is that okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah you can cuss?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 10: Well, they were like really rude to me, like they were just assholes, Like I they were h tech. I'm eighteen. But I was just wondering, is can I actually get into legal trouble for hacking their Instagram account and turning it into making the Stallion Shanny count.
Speaker 3: Yes, hacking Who's Instagram account? You're the companies or your coworker, the restaurants listen.
Speaker 8: I don't know what state you're in. And this isn't legal advice. I have to tell you that every time, everybody that every time you can get in trouble for hacking anybody's Instagram account that's not your own. And yes, even if.
Speaker 10: It's just like like how could they catch me? Though, like is it really that big of a deal.
Speaker 8: I mean, everybody says how can they catch me? Until they get caught? I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe maybe maybe somebody from the restaurants watching a stream involving a therapy gecko and they recognize your voice and then when the incident happens, they know who it was.
Speaker 10: You know, I don't know, but I think like they deserve it morally.
Speaker 3: Stallion already has an Instagram.
Speaker 8: But that's a great lile. This is a great this is a great question that you might need to chime in on. Moral does not always mean legal. There are there are some things that are legal, but they might very well be a moral and there are a lot of historical examples of that. Reality is is right now? You know it is legal or illegal? I should say for you to pursue your your desire to change hack into an Instagram account that does not belong to you.
Speaker 10: Change what I want to really call it un hacking, Like it's not really hacking, it's just you, like you put if they don't have to affect their authentic authentification or whatever, you can just like put in a different email and then change the passwords. Is what some person told me. I asked somebody to help me with it.
Speaker 3: Why does it matter if it's not hacking, you're still you're achieving the same ends.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well I guess Yeah, why why are you mad at these people?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 10: Well, I just like I had like I don't know, I just really didn't I don't know, I don't want to get too deep into it, but uh, there was like definitely like they were just assholes. Like I don't know, there's so much those months, but there was like inappropriate touching from the boss who was like fifty and I just like I just have always just like hated them.
Speaker 8: And yeah, yeah, okay, if that's true, I think you need to go talk to a local employment lawyer. Right. So, of course bosses cannot take advantage of their employees or touch them inappropriately. That's completely outrageous and creates a bad work environment. And I'm not I'm just switching gears. Just for a little side note. It is possible for there to be bad work environments that aren't illegal per se. Like just it's part of life. I deal with jerks every day, you know, you know, I you know that's different. But if you are legitimately sexually harassed, that is beyond just being a bad workplace, that is a unsafe, un you know, illegal manner. And you know, if your trust me, your revenge would be much better suit did in the form of a legal action. And the people who handle those type of issues are employment lawyers. So I would go onto Google. I would just google employment lawyer. Google will match you to wherever you know, state or city you're in and just go talk to them. Usually it's free consultation and they'll tell you whether or not it's legit, and hopefully whoever did that to you is held accountable, the restaurants held accountable for having a uh environment where that's allowed or tolerated. But but, but I would advise strongly against the original game plan of hacking their accounts. That is the wrong way to go about me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I agree, I'm.
Speaker 8: Going to write that down employee lawyers, employment lawyer.
Speaker 5: Yes right.
Speaker 3: Also, you know, look it's more effective too, because the heck they're just going to change back their Instagram. You know, you're not gonna you know, achieve any real change or get back on them in any sort of meaningful way that doesn't also bite back at you.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's true. I was just like annoyed, and you feel like I could actually do anything about it, just wanted to, I guess, mess with them. So yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well Maddie, Uh look, I hope that you I hope that you're able to solve this in a you know, through the system, in a meaningful way, as opposed to creating another Megan thee Stallion Instagram account.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, absolutely.
Speaker 3: You take care, Mattie, Thank you for calling in you too. Where do you think we go when we die? Tom?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 8: All I know is I want to be shot off in space.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 8: Yes, hopefully Elon Musk will have some sort of product by that time.
Speaker 3: Get some space attorneys. Yeah, hey, Lyle again not on the stream, but in my sad little basement. Recording for the podcast. I just wanted to say shout out to Attorney Tom. Guys go follow him on Twitch and TikTok. He's just one word, Attorney Tom. He was awesome. Shout out to him. There's more coming soon, so stick around. We got a whole second half. I also just wanted to in with a tiny little ad read for myself here the therapy Gecko slash lyle Forever. Patreon will be launching this week. If you are listening to this, on Monday, September twenty eighth, twenty twenty, I will be launching my Patreon on I believe Wednesday. It's gonna be patreon dot com slash lyle forever.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: If you guys want to support the show, hop on that. I'm gonna be doing Patreon only live streams. It's gonna be a Patreon only discord. Might be some nice little merch benefits coming soon for some of the other tears. Anyway, Yeah, all right, So I don't usually comment on the calls, but I will say this. This next call was a little bit I got. I feel like I got a little bit more serious than I usually am. So I figured i'd mention that while I'm here anyway. You know what, I'll just I'll let the calls speak for themselves. I'll get out of here, all right. I love you guys. Enjoy the rest of the episode. Talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Home from Riley to accept Press.
Speaker 15: One, Riley, Riley, Riley, Riley.
Speaker 3: Hello, Briley, are you watching the stream right now?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you do a favor?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 3: What can you turn the stream off?
Speaker 11: Yeah? It is off.
Speaker 9: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing right now?
Speaker 11: Sitting here drinking beer?
Speaker 3: Have you ever lied? Riley?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Definitely about what That's where it gets complicated.
Speaker 3: Why is it complicated?
Speaker 11: Well, let's just say most of my entire life has been a lie.
Speaker 3: How has most of your entire life been a lie?
Speaker 11: All right? Well, kind of one of I'm kind of trams to begin with, Okay, but I have to hide it so I can do my job. Really, yeah, I had to for a long time, and I'm known for a long time. That's actually what I called you because my last therapist actually ended up taking our own life, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, Well, I do have to tell you I am not a real therapist or in any way, shape or form even remotely qualified to be a therapist or even give advice or do anything of any kind in any of that sense.
Speaker 11: However, I know that I just want to have a conversation with somebody I can actually talk to about it.
Speaker 3: Well, what's your job?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm a musician for a living.
Speaker 3: Why why why why can't you be openly trans as a.
Speaker 11: Musician Because in the South things are not still that great.
Speaker 3: Like in the like specifically in the music scene.
Speaker 11: That you're in pretty much, yeah, in the areas like unless you're like a lot of the money if you're not, like you know, making a bunch of money off your own music is going through the cover circuit, you know, where you're going to play at bars and restaurants and stuff like that. And in certain areas in the country still there's there's still a lot of people that you know, I've heard it before where you know, we love your music but sound great, but people just wouldn't be comfortable with someone like you. Here. You go back three months later, not looking that way anymore, and then foom, you get the job.
Speaker 3: Where Texas are you?
Speaker 11: Well, not in Texas, but a little more towards the east.
Speaker 3: Did you ever say where you were.
Speaker 11: No I'm not really going to give my exact state.
Speaker 3: Sure you don't have to. Is there a reason why you don't want to move and go somewhere else?
Speaker 11: Money? I've I've ended up homeless before, I've lived out of my cards. Some of the worst experiences ever, like to wake up freaking you know, in ninety five degree car?
Speaker 3: Do you live? Do you live with the parents?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 11: No, I live on my own. I'm able to make my own I was making I was able to make a pretty good living before all the craziness of the world. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It's like, could you not could you not find a place in I mean you don't it? Could you not find a place like? I mean, like you don't have to move to like New York City to find to find a place where like you could feel comfortable being open to trans but like, could you find a place that is less hostile to trans people that you could afford to live in that is similarly priced? Is where you currently live?
Speaker 11: Where it's like still somewhere Well? That's another thing is like in this industry, it's all networking. So if you don't know anybody, you go somewhere completely new, you have to start from the ground up. Again, you're throwing years of you know, networking out the window, so I like, I'm a mile away.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Do you mainly make your money from from bar and restaurants.
Speaker 11: Most of it? Yeah, the primary bulk.
Speaker 3: Are you do you do any independent music or are you mainly just to cover cover music.
Speaker 11: Not do independent music too?
Speaker 5: How deep?
Speaker 11: It's kind of like psychedelic blues rock wi jazz influenced.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with like the very music scenes or anything, but I mean I feel like you could find I mean, are you adverse to, like it's so fucking different with the fucking pandemic, but like, are you adverse to trying to find a city that has like a solid scene for your genre that is, you know, more welcoming of you know, and and progressive area.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, But that's where like I've met a few people that you know, are in some pretty you know, big internationally touring bands, and they're always telling me, like, move to New York, And I'm like, I would love that because Los Angeles is where more of the you know, let's people go there to play, they go there and do more of the technical side of things, like movies, and production and stuff like that. In New York's where a lot of musicians will go and they're like, they would love you there. You doesn't matter who you are there as long as you just play good music. But that's where it's like, how do you go about especially when you're you know, I'm not saying I make a bunch of money. I was able to support myself before all this stuff was going down, but now it's like, okay, barely even scraping by. So it's like, how do you just you know, run away for all that when you barely have enough to even go off of. But at the same time, it's like that's just long story short. I've the whole end the closet out of the closet thing. I've done that like five times.
Speaker 3: Is I mean, how how is it something that you're like, is this like a thing that's like actively taking a toll on you constantly having to like hide who you are and like in the clart out of the closet.
Speaker 11: Very it's it's brought on a serious drinking problem.
Speaker 3: How old are you? Can I ask you?
Speaker 6: Old you?
Speaker 11: Twenty seven?
Speaker 3: Twenty seven? Yeah, I'm I'm trying to I want I want to break down why you can't move.
Speaker 11: All right? Well, I mean that's there's a lot of factors to that, because A where do you go if you have no one that you're you know, you know there, if you have no connections there, then first off, you just got to have the money saved up to go ahead and get a place.
Speaker 3: Who was that touring band that you talked to?
Speaker 11: Some of them would be like Air Candlebox, and then there was uh, what was it the producer for Steve Miller. He was a he was a cool guy.
Speaker 3: Can I ask like, have you to see to me like you know I have. I'm happy to talk this stuff through with you, But to me, if this is something where like I would, I'd fucking literally go on like Twitter or Reddit, or I would find transgender musicians in New York who are like not that big, and I would like reach out to them on Instagram or Twitter and just be like, how are you doing this right now? Like do you give any advice? Like I like, this is something that I feel like you could find people to talk it through with that would have like practical advice that I would not. Does that make sense?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I guess I just wanted to get someone else's opinion on this. Is it better to I guess my philosophy has always been that is it better to do what you have to do to survive and it be something that you enjoy? Would you rather be yourself? And so basically, would you rather enjoy what you do out in the world or be happy with your own internal world. It's kind of like a decision I've had to make all these years, and I always have chosen that I don't have to look in a mirror every day. That's a decision that you have to make. But going out and doing something and making money to survive is it's a definite. So I'd rather go out do something that I love then go and do something that I despise doing. But at the same it's it's really complicated, But.
Speaker 3: Why why are you? Why? Why are well? Why is that your only two options? Why can't you Why isn't there a are you completely hopeless to find a situation in which you can be out and also playing.
Speaker 11: Music slightly mainly just because of a lot of the experiences I've had in the past and that have made it to where it's like I kind of just fear it now. It's it's complicated, it's tough, and it's not something that you know. It's not like I can understand you have it either, And I never wish of this on my my worst enemy. But at the same time, it's like I'd rather, I'd rather do what I love, and that's to play music. But at the same time, yes, if I could have both, I definitely would, And that's kind of the goal. I'm losing my house in a few weeks due to the whole pandemic, and I'm getting a cheap room at the friend's house out here for about six months, and my whole plan is to save up as much as I can, and that way I can kind of sit there and go, all right, what's next.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good I think that's a good plan to try to save up some money.
Speaker 9: To move.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're you're getting kind of double fucked because you know, live music is, you know, on a downward How hard are you going at?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Can I can I call you? Dude? You do?
Speaker 5: I never?
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure get how hard are you going at? Like? So okay, Well, first of all, someone in the chat was saying it started echoing what I was saying, which is, like, you know, there's probably subreddit. There's probably subreddits of like you know, there are like definitely people on the same journey as you, possibly even you know, close fit proximity, closer to you than you would think. I would go on Reddit, and I would go on Twitter, and I would like find other trans artists and like ask them for their advice, even if they're like, even if they're similarly hopeless to you, might and they don't have like a solution for you, you might feel like some solidarity there, or you might make you feel less alone about it if you feel alone.
Speaker 11: About it true, you know. Else, I guess one of my other plans is to try and maybe start streaming while doing like being more of myself.
Speaker 5: You know, and my.
Speaker 3: Like that this is this is fucking another fucking and I'm learning this.
Speaker 15: This is.
Speaker 3: I know that we don't have fucking comparable situations, but I really do believe that you will be rewarded for being yourself because what happened is if you what I'm trying to say, how hard have you been going at like putting your music out on the internet and like streaming on like Urpan or TikTok or anything.
Speaker 11: Like that, barely any at all because I've always been afraid to do any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: But I think and and look, you know, you're fun of.
Speaker 11: People because you can see them. You can see the reactions. You can deal with the reactions in person on streams on the internet. This place is wild Man West out here.
Speaker 3: But dude, there are there are sort of like how I was saying, like and these like subways, there are other like trans artists out there. They're like fucking trans people all over the place that would love that. Would like if you came in you had like your story and you went on TikTok and you if you went on TikTok and you made a TikTok video about like I'm an artist, here's my story. I tried to you literally just told the story that you have told us. People would connect with that story and they would want to follow you, and they would want to listen to your music. And I'm not gonna say that's gonna like that like overnight you're gonna be able to like make money off of like music streaming. But that could be the start of you know, taking ownership over your identity and not just take overship by of your identity. But you'll start to start to be like, oh, I'm actually like being rewarded for being myself. People are like people would DM you and be like, hey, I'm really fucking glad that you're doing this because I was scared to do this, and the way that you're being you know, open about who you are is inspiring me. And then you'll be like, oh, fuck, I'm actually getting every my whole I've been. I've been consistently my whole life punished for being who I am. But we're into a fucking media landscape right now where I genuinely think you will be rewarded for being who you are. Does that make sense my thoughting crazy.
Speaker 11: No, it makes a lot of sense. It's just I guess on my end of the thing where I first time I did that or I came out, it was amazing, like I got all those messages from so many people and it was so much support. And then I ended up homeless and living out of my car and it's kind of hard to find a place to go and shave and do all that stuff you need to do to not look like the other when you're when you're home living out of your car every day. And I was actually on the process of starting hormones and I was supposed to go a whole year every day as my you know, as myself, and I made it seven months until I just you know, I was oh, listen, I couldn't couldn't do it anymore. And so when that happened, I was like, fuck, sorry, I don't know if we can curse. But I was like, you know, this sucks because now I got to go back into hiding per se. And at that point I was like, Okay, let me figure out everything, get everything back on course again. Then I came out again and I was thinking, this is going to be the time. It's going to be the morning it's going to be. It made it like a year, about a year and then ended up in really dire strengths again and had to take a step back. And then finally after the second time, I ended up making music a full time career and I was like, I don't ever want to lose this. But then I moved away to where I am now in hopes of doing exactly what we're talking about, and it did not go well. Let's just say it did not go well. So then after that I kind of took some time off. I kind of laid my head low and came back out and I came out swinging because I had something to prove. It really built myself up in the city and the surrounding area that I'm in. And now that you know, I've kind of gotten that point, and then COVID took all that away. I'm sitting here going, maybe I should just, you know, start thinking about what's next. But I'm cleared to do.
Speaker 3: I I again, I'm not I'm not a therapist. I'm not like an advice guy. I don't want to till I'm not going to tell you what to do. But if if, if you know, we were just friends and I was telling you what I think you should do, I really I feel like you gotta get the fuck out of there. I feel like, you know, I appreciate that, and I just feel I feel like you gotta.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like you can stay there. I feel like because just because if you move, even if you move, and you're like fucking homeless for however long. I again, man, I I don't want.
Speaker 11: To like it's fighting for a future I kind of gives.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like you got to take the bet, you know, I feel I gotta take a chance. You just gotta move and you gotta get out of there because what what because at least I don't know what I'm saying is making any sense, but at least, like, because what are you gonna do? You're just gonna stay in the closet and be in pain forever, or at.
Speaker 11: Least until something works out, until something happens in this long story, okay, long story short, I'm in the craziest state in America. That tells you enough.
Speaker 3: And also I hate that, like you you like, what the fuck you can't do your job if you're trans that's sound.
Speaker 11: Well, no, it's just because there's a lot of good.
Speaker 3: You gotta I feel like you gotta get out of there.
Speaker 11: The mindset out here is not Like I even moved to a city that is known for being very LGBT friendly. Can I realize it's not When you get outside of just like this one street that they dedicated down the whole city, it's like there's nothing else and everyone else gets like really put off by it. But that's another thing that's that a lot of people don't know that. There's there's a lot of infighting in the in the LGBT community. There's a lot of game and Muslim people that don't like trans people really yeah, and a lot of game using people don't like buy people. It's there's infighting all and all the time in all types of places. And what's funny is I'm going to say somebody, uh I think, No, I'm not gonna say it because it's just too spot on.
Speaker 3: What Okay, let me ask you crazy question. No, if you if you could live anywhere in the entire world, where you live.
Speaker 11: In the entire world, Well that's the thing. I hate the cold with a burning passion. Okay, but a lot of the places I would like to live are could I mean like New York City, but just I want to go somewhere where there's just people playing music all the time and that's all that happens every day, every second, every minute. Oh, I love Nashville. That's a good spot.
Speaker 3: Is Nashville the LGBT friendly.
Speaker 6: Not as much?
Speaker 11: But I'm not like I mean, I'm born and raised in the backwoods, you know, on the creeks all that stuff. So at the same time, I'm not like, you know, the most quote unquote flamboyant person. I'm still raised in the backwoods. I know how to handle myself. But it's just I need to be somewhere that's not so like society is shutting it all down.
Speaker 3: I again, I I. You know, I'm privileged and ship so I don't want to like I I this has come from like a place of like, I want to have hope for you because I see it like I, I feel like there is an opening and then you should try to find it for you to move to another place where you can because you don't have to move. You don't have to you don't have to move to like an a, you don't have to move to like the as to to your most expensive fucking San Francisco city to just find a place where you can be trans without people shitting on you.
Speaker 11: True, it's just I guess it wouldn't be so hard if it wasn't for my my h for my career, you know, for my my career field. Because that's just that's that's the kind of feel where you are put in front of people and they either like you or they don't, and your job is based upon their judgement of you. And if you have to close, it makes people not be happy about man.
Speaker 3: But would you be opposed to like working a job outside of your fields for a little bit.
Speaker 11: I've worked a lot of jobs in my field, Like I've worked like sixty something jobs already, and I really don't want to go back. I missed playing like five six nights a week, sometimes two or three gigs for like all day long, twelve hours of just playing music. That would be the best. But it sucks.
Speaker 3: It sucks that it's just all just gone here here, here, Here's here's what I think you should do. I think you should find like literally Google, go on fucking pick like your top five cities that you would want to live in. Go to Facebook type what kind of music do you say you play?
Speaker 11: I mean blues, blues and funking' jazz.
Speaker 3: Literally type going to Facebook type Brooklyn jazz and find the Facebook group and make a make a post in the Facebook group telling your entire story and people. I guarantee people will reach out to you and they will have like actual actuable advice. Like I I I, I know that is like a lame answer, but like I think that you should I think that you should. You should you should try to connect with people because there's there is I fucking like, there's got it. There's there has to be someone who has been in your exact situation who you could feasibly get in touch with that might be able to help you.
Speaker 13: In some way.
Speaker 11: Well, there's one person the internet.
Speaker 3: Like you said that again, there.
Speaker 11: Is one person I've been wreting to reach out to and and it worked before where I got the long story short feature on stage with like a billboard topping band because I just reached out to him, like You're an influence.
Speaker 3: Can keep doing that, keep keep keep keep reaching.
Speaker 9: Out there.
Speaker 11: There was there's this one chick, her name, she's from this band called Against Me, but she did exactly what I'm kind of doing right now. And they were kind of famous, and they were super famous or pretty pretty famous in the nineties as a punk band, and she stayed as he throughout all of that, and they asked, why did it take you so long to come out about this? And they're like, I wanted to wait until I had more than enough fans where I could lose fifty percent of them and still be you know, just fine.
Speaker 4: Why though.
Speaker 11: It's complicated. That's what makes it so complicated is because you know you're you're putting a like a funnel on your potential. I feel like in today's world because so many people you know, not everybody obviously, but there's a lot of people less in this world that look at someone like me and go freak crazy, lunatic weird.
Speaker 3: Though, But I think, and this this to me, this is like, to me, this isn't even like a social thing any but it's just like a marketing thing, like if you like it's like if you look at it like that, like you you're you're in a niche in a way.
Speaker 11: I went to school for music business and all that stuff, and I mean, that's another factory right there. You got to you gotta do your your brand exactly.
Speaker 3: But that's good. I think it's good to be in a niche because that means the people who love you and connect with you and identify with you will really love you and connect you and identify with you, and will really be inclined to support you more than just a general person someone who is involved in your niche.
Speaker 11: So I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think you should look at it as a bad thing.
Speaker 11: I want to tell you that that that was what you just said right there is pretty much the perfect thing I needed to hear throughout this call. Like that's why I think I called to.
Speaker 3: Hear that Okay, good, good, because I I really fucking fully believe that especially fuck I this is like some fucking Gary vannerschok bullshit. But like I seriously like it used to be. See if you know what, if this were like a nineteen if this were like nineteen eighty one, you'd be fucked.
Speaker 5: But it's not.
Speaker 3: If this were nineteen eighty one, you you you'd have to like you, you you couldn't do this, but you're But it's not. It's twenty twenty and there's TikTok, and there's arpant, and there's fucking Twitter and there's SoundCloud. All right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like, so the the.
Speaker 3: You, you, the tools are there for you to find your audience and to find your niche and I and everything that you look at as a bad I swear to guy, everything that you look at as a bad thing, everything that people call you a freak, for, everything that people bully you, for, everything that people give you shit for will will. This sounds cliche, but I genuinely believe it. All those things will actually be the things that give you the most benefit, the most value to the people who identify with you. Who are gonna be your fans, who are gonna buy your T shirts, We're gonna stream your music, who are gonna sign up for your Patreon, who are gonna, you know, do all those things.
Speaker 11: Wow, I just I don't know. I just never thought about it that way, never thought about you know, the people that will that do come, even though it might not be you knows it might be a harder road, but the people there will be more genuinely there exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why would you want those fans in the first place, The that would leave if you came out.
Speaker 11: Well, it sounds like I got to make some plans.
Speaker 3: Make some plans, right, And look, I was someone and then the someone in the chad was saying this, I don't know if you are a discord, but uh, we have a little self promote channel. Definitely put your stuff in there.
Speaker 11: Okay, we'll check it out. Well, then I mean, how do I how do I join it? Is it in the info below?
Speaker 3: Someone type someone type exclamation point discord.
Speaker 11: For us already in it, already done, rock and roll.
Speaker 3: Yeah put I really spectre of course, man, And thank you for the safe don't.
Speaker 11: Oh well you know, oh no, no, no right, too much too much going on, too much suff to do.
Speaker 3: All right, man, take care and and and and good luck to you.
Speaker 11: Thank you and thanks for doing what you do.
Speaker 5: Chat.
Speaker 6: You'll be easy.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: All right, man, take care, have a good night you too.
Speaker 12: Came from Zach Yah.
Speaker 3: Zach Zach.
Speaker 8: Dick.
Speaker 6: Finally have we.
Speaker 3: Never spoken before. It's the first time that we have ever spoken.
Speaker 6: This is the first time we're speaking, Dick.
Speaker 3: So you tell me this is you tell me that this is momentous.
Speaker 6: I don't know how many times I've called it. It feels like I've been on the phone for a year.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like it almost feels like we know each other a little bit?
Speaker 6: Yeah? No, I feel like I know you pretty well. I mean, I don't know if you feel like you know me, but I hope you do.
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily fel like I know you, but I mean, you know, I don't mind. We can I think we can feel comfortable in each other's presence. I wouldn't say I have like tangible information about you necessarily, but I think that we that we could you know, be and have a conversation with each other.
Speaker 6: That's very fair, to be honest. There there's a really really good reason that I called, and I feel like you're the only person that can that can help me with this. So that's I'm really excited for this.
Speaker 3: Why before you tell me what it is, I want to know why you think I'm the only person that can help you, to.
Speaker 6: Be honest, It's something that's been weighing on my mind for years and years, and I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out, you know, what it means, what it could mean, what the answer is to this. And I think I just came across you probably like two weeks ago or so. I think it's been tiktoks and I've been following you since, and you just you have this sense of knowledge that you put off in the areas that I've never felt from anyone else, and I feel like you might be able to get me some insight on this particular topic. I don't know, it's just a feeling. I guess.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can try it, but I have said but I'm not qualified to do anything in any shape or form. But you know what, Zach, you know what Tonight's a special night. Well, I let's give it a shot. Tell me what's going on.
Speaker 6: So this is something that I thought about years ago, and like I said, I've never really been able to get closure on it by myself. But I just I really need to know and I hope you can give me, you know, some some guidance on it. So here it is, does is hard? Do Do dogs know their dogs?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not?
Speaker 11: Okay, I have a dog.
Speaker 6: I have a dog, exact and he doesn't know that.
Speaker 3: She has no fucking clue.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay. How do you know that she doesn't know?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 3: Because she knows very few things. Yeah, food is delicious, Yeah, she knows. She knows. I mean, look, she knows things that humans that that that animals instinctually know. Yeah, with their brains, but with you know, their I'm not again, this is why I don't know anything or anything. But like she knows, she doesn't know what a dog is, she instinctually knows what food is. She instinctually responds to affection and the release of oxytocin as we all do. Yeah, you know, when she's being pet it releases feel good chemicals in her brain, so she knows she likes being petted. But she doesn't know these things because like adult, like, everything that she knows is because of chemical is because of chemicals being released in her brain, not because of knowledge from like a database or anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no one's ever hid her she's a dog, exactly.
Speaker 3: No one's ever told her she's a dog. If she can't feel it, she does not know. If she can't feel it with you, she can't feel dog with her body.
Speaker 11: But sometimes my.
Speaker 6: Dog follows me up to my car and he he goes to the back door. He doesn't ever try to drive, So I feel like he knows I'm a dog. I cannot drive this car. I got to get in the back. That's just how it is.
Speaker 3: You know, he doesn't know what driving a car is. He had that that idea is not that is foreign to him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he knows. He has to know that it's it's a mode of transportation unlike walking on his four legs, And he has to know that he's not capable of making that possible, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know, and I don't think he thinks that much about this. I don't think he's thinking that. I don't think he's thinking as hard about it as you think he is.
Speaker 6: I want to think that he's so smart.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: By the way, Look, I'm not going to be the kid telling you that Santa Claus isn't real even though he's not.
Speaker 6: But yeah, well, but you're probably right.
Speaker 5: Mhm.
Speaker 3: The dogs don't know anything, you know what? Okay? Like, hey, what you want to hear something interesting that I read something.
Speaker 6: I absolutely love to hear something interesting.
Speaker 3: This fucking this actually kind of freaked me out a little bit.
Speaker 5: But like.
Speaker 3: I read. I read this article that was talking about how consciousness isn't a binary of conscious and unconscious. It's actually a spectrum. There's more conscious to let there's more conscious and there's less conscious and humans this was I think is really fucking interesting. Humans have not won the binary of consciousness and unconscious by being conscious. They're simply more conscious than other things, which means there's something more conscious than us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: So like an ant doesn't understand the world of a chicken, yeah, a chicken and understand the world of a dog. Don't imagine how like like, imagine how little a dog understands the human world. There is another organism above us that we understand as much that we can only understand as much as a dog could understand us.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you do you think that that type of organism is here with us?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think he cares about us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I mean human dogs follow us around. That Like, do you think it's possible that we could follow that around and not even realize that it possesses this ability over us.
Speaker 3: Dogs follow us around because we do things to them that release feel good chemicals in their brain. Yeah, such as pat them and give them food, because that's the only thing they know is those chemicals in their brain. And by the way, I think that means that you're By the way, I wouldn't say that doesn't mean your dog love does love you. I think your dog actually does love you. Yeah, I also think. I mean, this is some fucking pickle Rick shit right here. But love is you know, just chemical?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, for sure, I agree.
Speaker 3: Mm, so your dog does love you, but love is it is just a chemical that compels humans to breathe. That's a quote from Rick and Morty, but it's kind of true. Yeah, and I'm you know, I'm Pickle Rick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know you gotta rip that band aid all. Sometimes the hard reality to face, but a necessary one.
Speaker 3: How are you doing, Exach, I'm doing good. You know.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting here thanks to my girlfriend where we were watching a hockey game. She's she's passed out. She's pregnant, so she falls asleep.
Speaker 3: Pretty easy, you girlfriend, I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love her more than anything outside of our son growing inside of her stomach.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 11: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: But that you know, what is love?
Speaker 3: Well? You know, a cartoon once said that love is just a chemical that compels humans to bring.
Speaker 11: Oh, she just woke up.
Speaker 6: She says, Hi, hello, man, this is awesome. I'm so you know, I called so many times. I thought that my service provider was going to cancel my service. But here we are.
Speaker 3: We did it, Zach. We did it, and you know what, thank you, Thank you for being persistent enough to get here.
Speaker 6: You know, I couldn't have done it without you.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 6: There are multiple times where I was like, you know, it's not gonna happen, and I didn't the call, you know, I wouldn't redial, and I'd go back to the stream, and then somebody else would say, you know, I've called this many times and I can't get through, and you're like, don't give up. And I was like, yeah, yeah, don't give up.
Speaker 3: You got this, And ladies and gentlemen, this is this right here is a success story.
Speaker 6: This is a breath.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? You know, I'm gonna start doing and I gotta figure out to do. I need a breakthrough button, like when we have a breakthrough like the.
Speaker 6: Staples that was easy button or like something bigger, like it's just you know, like a button. Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean I can't make one, but if you had one, that would be cool. I wish I could contribute.
Speaker 3: We'll figure something out.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, well I'll give someone else a chance. I appreciate your time. It's it's been great. You really give me some insight on something I've been, you know, a demon I've been you know, struggling with for the past you know how long.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm happy to help you out. And you know, I hope this doesn't change your relationship with your dog.
Speaker 6: Oh it doesn't know. I love him very much, and I'm hopefu that he loves me. If he doesn't, then you know, it's fine. He does, he gets said and he's cool with whatever. But you know, yeah, well you can't change the way that people or dogs feel, you know, you can only adjust accordingly.
Speaker 3: I'll drink to that. Have a good evening, Zach.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 6: All from you A.
Speaker 3: Hello, Elonkay?
Speaker 12: How are you doing?
Speaker 6: Gigs?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm all right, And thank you for asking, because not a lot look like high level with you here. Yeah, not a lot of people as not a lot of people ask me how I am, which is fine. I don't mind the people ask me how I am that often either because they're not obligated to. I'm not. I didn't set up the streams so that people could ask me how I am. That would be ridiculous, but I appreciate what they do have that response, of course exactly. I mean it's always nice, but I'm not actively seeking it. I'm not actively Have you ever lied elive? No, actually we'll get into that. What are you doing right now?
Speaker 12: What am I doing?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 12: Right now, I've been having a few booze and watching.
Speaker 1: The stream That's cool.
Speaker 3: What what do you What do you usually do all day?
Speaker 12: What do I usually do all day? Well, see, I'm a diesel technician, so usually I'm working on heavy equipment or semi trucks.
Speaker 3: So you work on trucks all day yep.
Speaker 12: Minds all day? Always the thread of being crushed. I love doing it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's kind of that's scary. You're like constantly under your a constant threat of a gigantic machine crushing your skull.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, And that's the thrill.
Speaker 12: There's nothing better than that.
Speaker 3: Thal real? Are you serious right now? You know that's weird because if you just if you had just told me that you enjoy the mechanics of fixing cars, I wouldn't think that was crazily fucked up. But the fact that you're telling me that you enjoy the danger of potentially getting your head crushed by being underneath a car, that's the excipherment. I almost don't believe you.
Speaker 12: No, that's the real excitement. Are as safe as possible, you could be as safe as possibly can, but you never know if that thing's going to crush you, so you always have to keep that like ready thought of fight or flight.
Speaker 3: Are you being serious? Right now.
Speaker 12: I'm being dead serious.
Speaker 3: I can't that makes no, I'm not I'm not doing this to I. Look, I know there's a funny situation and there's a funny call, but I'm not doing this to except that makes no sense whatsoever, and I am still I don't believe it.
Speaker 9: It's the thrill.
Speaker 12: So I've always been a thrill seeker. I've always been on dirt bikes, always always been looking for that fight or flight.
Speaker 13: But that's.
Speaker 3: Dirt bikes, and like skydiving.
Speaker 12: There's real so different, I know, but I couldn't find my way into that profession. I ended up usually getting hurt.
Speaker 3: That's like saying that like you get that To me, that's like saying that you get a thrill out of like holding a knife up to your throat but not slicing your throat.
Speaker 12: No, I wouldn't take it that far, but I do like that fight or flight's stimulation. However, I do know that the real question of this stream was about the lie.
Speaker 3: No, there's wait, so are you sorry you telling me? Would you would you prefer to work in an environment that had would you get off on working in an environment that had that had less safety restrictions.
Speaker 12: No, not necessarily, because I also highly look after safety. But sometimes that even when safety is at the highest precaution and shit's been looked at, you never know if something's going to go wrong for no reason. There's always that slight chance.
Speaker 3: Why does that appeal to you when you're fixing a car, but you're just that makes no sense When you're fixing cars, I.
Speaker 12: Behind it and engineering. I also love mechanics and engineering very much. I also love taking things apart. But I've also been a thrill seeker myself, and sometimes I know that that thoughts in the back of my head. When the trucks stable, I know there's nothing to be worried about. But when like you are doing something that's heavy equipment, you know, and you have to strap a crane to it and pull it out and everything's working perfectly fine, but something accidentally slips for no reason. There's always that danger behind those kinds of jobs, and it's kind of crazy to watch and try to like figure out what you could do better next time. If it did happen, nothing could happen, no one could get hurt because of the safety precautions that were in place. But there's always that thrill of being like, whoa, that shit was crazy?
Speaker 3: All right, real quick? Can I answer something? What have you ever lied? Boy?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 12: And I've only told a handful of people this life, and it would be amazing to have it out in public.
Speaker 5: Hit.
Speaker 12: So a few years back.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 12: Heavily under the influence of alcohol, way too wasted for my own good at my girlfriend's mom's house while watching her dog. Well, I ended up shitting on her mom's floor and then blaming the dog later when I found out that I shot on the or.
Speaker 9: And got away with it.
Speaker 3: And to this day she doesn't know, no, and happily.
Speaker 12: It's an X now. But yes, she did not know. I ended up picking up my own shit, but she never knew it was probably me.
Speaker 3: You ended up picking it up? Yeah, ended picking it up.
Speaker 12: I ended up picking it up with paper towel and stuff and flushing it.
Speaker 3: But sheould apologize to the dog man.
Speaker 12: Oh dude, that dog was amazing too.
Speaker 4: I love that dog.
Speaker 12: I felt so bad.
Speaker 3: She think the dog was pissed to you.
Speaker 11: Probably he looked really upset.
Speaker 12: When I looked over at him, he looked at me and just kind of looked down in the way, I felt real bad.
Speaker 3: What do you think you could do to make it up to the dog?
Speaker 12: If I were to ever meet that dog again, I would give it the biggest milk bone I've ever seen, plus a giant cow leg cowbone.
Speaker 3: Would that be enough?
Speaker 6: It might be.
Speaker 12: I'd probably have to give them.
Speaker 11: A lot of walks too.
Speaker 3: What'd you say?
Speaker 13: Your name was?
Speaker 12: My name was Eli, Man.
Speaker 3: Eli.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being honest with us about your lie, and I hope it made you feel better to come clean about that.
Speaker 12: It really did, Man. Thank you for letting me bring that up.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 12: You have a great night.
Speaker 3: Man you too, Man, I love I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 13: You get.
Speaker 3: Should I should? I drink some water? I don't want to drink any I don't want to drink water anymore. I'm tired of you. Know how people say they're trying to quit carbs, they're trying to quit sugar. I'm trying to quit water. I write a blog saying that too much water is bad for you. It makes you gain weight, it makes you fat. Water makes the fat. I'm I'm i'm, I'm. I'm doing a water fast. I'm doing a water fast, but I'm doing the opposite of the water. Most people when they do water fast, they only drink water. I'm doing I'm eating everything and drinking everything besides water.
Speaker 12: Ethan pellet.
Speaker 3: Ethan Pelleteer, Hello, I'm in.
Speaker 10: You're in?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Are you watching this? You? Are you watching the stream? Ethan Pelletier.
Speaker 5: I just shut it off?
Speaker 3: Okay, you just shut it off. Where are you? What room of your house are you in right now? If you live in a house I live.
Speaker 5: I'm in my living room.
Speaker 6: I just left my bedroom.
Speaker 3: Where can you I don't Where can you go where you're even more isolated than your living room? Do you have a cellar of some kind?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Hold on one second, I do have a cellar, but uh are you able to hear me better?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Are you in the cellar?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I switched a speaker phones.
Speaker 3: I want the most isolated version of you. I don't want you to fill I don't want you in your living room where you're like, Oh no, my roommate's going to come in and hear me talking to Gecko.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: I want you know, oh, I live in a house by myself. I live in a house by myself.
Speaker 3: So what did you do all day?
Speaker 5: I worked from let's say nine to five. I'm an accountant, and I came home just kind of relaxed. I kind of got a I actually had a reduction in my own anxiety because I've been taking an auditing course and I found out that I got an A on a paper that I thought I bombed. So I was like, I don't know how I did that, but hey, I'll take it. We were taking an auditing course, Yeah, I just it's an eight week course and it's so I can get into graduate school.
Speaker 3: What is auditing?
Speaker 5: Farting is basically just trying to make sure that okay, so trying to find a right way to put it all right. In accounting, accountants, mostly what they do is just record transactions. So let's say, uh, you own a company and you need to purchase some materials for some reason. An accountant records that transaction. They record any transaction that has to do with money, and then they make balance sheets and reports based on the money that is spent and take it.
Speaker 3: Where do you think we go when we die?
Speaker 5: I do not know yet. Do you think, Oh, yeah, I have been thinking. I have to admit that kind of comes in my head every so often and i'd like to see it. Yeah, it's something that comes in my head because I got a little bit of a fear of death, so I kind of would like to make I prefer the idea of there being something, just because I don't like the idea of going out and being nothing.
Speaker 3: You know, are you afraid of death?
Speaker 5: Uh? I just it's something that I've carried since I was a kid, and uh, it's just the idea. I just don't like the idea of ceasing to exist as myself or that even that remote possibility of that.
Speaker 6: Because as as someone.
Speaker 5: Who's agnostic, I'm not certain, but I just I genuinely don't like the idea of you know, poof.
Speaker 3: So when you say that, what do you when you say exists as yourself? Does that mean that like, if let's say you found out that you could be reincarnated as like like that, you wouldn't like that. You wouldn't even if it was you. You get to keep on living, but you can't live as ethan pelleteer.
Speaker 5: I want to keep my identity and my person I feel like I just really like being me and I don't really ever want to lose that.
Speaker 3: Do you like your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for the most part. Yes, I mean to get where I've been. I've definitely been through lives of crap. I lost my mom three years ago to leukemia, and that's kind of how I got the house. I inherited it from her, and I had to deal with some guilt over that because I felt guilty that I profited over her death. But I came to a point where I realized that, you know, I remember my mother, and I remember like the good and the bad, and I do care about her.
Speaker 11: And there's something.
Speaker 5: If she were alive, she'd be proud of where I am today, and she'd be happy that I have the house. She'd be happy that I still have the house because when she died, I didn't have a job, so it was a very uncertain time period where I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to keep the house or not. When I fortunately found a good accounting job, and well, I had to save my house.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, I can understand where those feelings of like guilt would come. But like, dude, what you said, like full on, like she would want you to have that house, she would want you to have a good life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she'd be proud of me from where I am today. And it wasn't like I killed her or anything like that. So it's not like I was wishing for her death or doing nothing actively.
Speaker 3: No one, no one thought that.
Speaker 5: No, I know, I'm just saying, it's not like I was doing those things, so I shouldn't feel any guilt towards that, you know what I mean. I guess obviously if I weren't to be a bad person anyway, so I wouldn't even feel guilt in that situation.
Speaker 3: But you know, I I guess makes sense too. Yeah, if you had done it, if you had killed your mom, you wouldn't feel guilty about it because the type of person that would do that is probably antisocial enough that they wouldn't They would do it and not feel guilty about it.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, definitely, So I I have to admit, uh, you know, I do really like having my own house. But and that's part of where some of that guilt was coming from. But you know again it's I mean, what can you do. You can get the cards that you're dealt with and you play them as as they come, you know, m hm.
Speaker 3: Well ethan Pelleteer, You know, I'm happy for you. You know, I'm not gonna lie. I was a little when you were talking about auditing. I was a little bored.
Speaker 5: But oh, I know act is very boring.
Speaker 3: But you But that's the thing is yourself. You're aware of the you. I think that you're because i've you know, there's a stereotype about like accountants that they're like their parents made them be an accountant or whatever. But you seem this does seem like a path that you have chosen. You're happy with. I'm happy.
Speaker 5: Actually, there can actually be some really funny stuff that happens in accounting.
Speaker 12: And I'll so.
Speaker 5: We have this thief where I work, and then there's really incompetent people where I work. There's something that's common in probably any profession. And one of the one of these, this one dude, basically he finds out that somebody is stealing from his store. So what he does is he decides to basically have her pay back what she stole, which if the first time, if it never happened again, I guess you could say it worked. But she kept stealing from the store over and over again, and they kept trying to make her pay it back, and at one point, my coworkers just like, well, you just keep giving her interest free loans, so you know, it's just you get stories like that doing it. But that's going to happen anywhere, allright.
Speaker 3: We asked with you again that story I also found boring, but I find it makes me. It makes me happy that you find it interesting.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I should also admit that, uh, this is actually the third time I've called like that i'd actually gotten u. We've talked twice before. The first conversation I told about the roommate, the one that was going around the storms. You know it's happened.
Speaker 8: Yes, well, I admit, Look, I hope that.
Speaker 3: We have a fourth time and a fifth time at a sixth time until until it's all over. And I love you very much and I'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you. And I also wanted to say that I feel like this is a good arc for me because when I first started talking to you, I felt really nervous. The second time I was a little less nervous, but this time I felt very comfortable. And I thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Good. I'm glad that you felt comfortable. You know, you got a good thing though.
Speaker 5: Nathan Pelletier yeah, definitely, and you do too, because honestly, this show it's gonna take off, it's already taken off. And the fact is that, I mean, you're You're only gonna go up from here.
Speaker 3: So when I'm making millions of dollars, I know who to call.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you'll need a good accountant. All right, man, I'll talk.
Speaker 3: To you soon.
Speaker 5: All right, Thank you, Uh, talk to you later, by later.
Speaker 3: I love you, Pelt.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, See this is Aaron?
Speaker 3: Is Aaron?
Speaker 6: Darren?
Speaker 3: You said this is Dan or Aaron?
Speaker 6: A a Ron?
Speaker 3: Aaron. My best friend in elementary school is named Aaron. And he had not got into a fight because three of my friends broke into his house when we were thirteen and we raided his fridge, and we raided his fridge and he had a fucking you know, the book Call of the Wild? Aaron. Do you know what book? He had a fucking copy of Call of the Wild in his.
Speaker 6: Fridge, just keeping it cold in there, and then he and then he came in.
Speaker 3: He busted it back. He came home and he looked at me and he was like what And he looked at us and he was like, what are you guys doing? And then I held up the copy of Call the Wild and I was like, what are you doing? But he was in the right. I was wrong because I was in his house. No, he didn't give a fuck. I actually I was. I was in way more trouble than he was. There's something illegal about putting a copy of Call in the Wild in your fridge, but breaking into someone's house is a different story.
Speaker 6: Well that's funny, that's a good story.
Speaker 3: Aaron.
Speaker 6: How we going, man? How you doing?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm all right. And by the way, you know, thanks for asking people l ask about me, which is you know, is fine? Then I obligate it to but it does feel less than they do. What are you doing right now?
Speaker 6: Eron, I was just watching the stream all night. I've been loving it. It's great.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 6: This is your first time in the format, you know, just talking to one another.
Speaker 3: Is this your first time watching it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's the first time, like some other callers here, I just saw you on Reddit. I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, thank you man, I'm happy, happier part of the niche. You know, Reddit? What else do you do on Reddit? What are your most frequented subs?
Speaker 6: Oh Man I'm actually really new to it all. To be honest, I'm like a revert or maybe you know, I'm like the Benjamin Button of internet people. I've I've been off internet and social media and stuff for a really long time, but just starting to get back into it, but trying to use it responsibly. I guess I love psychology and stuff, so I know there's a lot of issues with stuff online I try to stay away from.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I said I would make this a quickie. I'm trying to think of some good.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of some but I'm trying to think of some good questions I can get for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a short singer, Yeah yeah, Aaron.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite color?
Speaker 6: If you know what? Funny enough? I love green. Emerald green is probably my favorite.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 6: I don't know why. It's it's just really pretty. Actually most of my I have a room in my house it's just painted green. Not like a bright, you know, awesome gecko green, but but a nice team bery green.
Speaker 3: What are your five favorite green things?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Man, okay, First on top of my head is Kermit because he's a classic Oscar ouch also classic. I don't know why. I'm just going with puppets.
Speaker 11: That's odd fair enough.
Speaker 6: Do you say green things just in general?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Green things? Or I guess green characters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pickle somebody in chats of green apples. I really love greens.
Speaker 8: Have apples.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 3: We got pickles, apples, Oscar the Grouch and Kermit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so one more, one more. I'm just gonna go with trees. I love trees, some pretty all shapes of colors. I love nature.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 6: Right, that's some good. I thought that was solid.
Speaker 3: I thought that was solid too. I think you did a good job with that. You got, we got, there was a good mix of there was a good variety of characters. We got some foods in there, and then we got nature.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I started with a couple of puppets. Then I brought it back around to being normal. I think by the end there, well.
Speaker 3: Aaron, I think this was successful. This was if Look, if I had to you know, you did a good job. But Nate, I didn't think it was possible to do an actively not that one would do a bad I think it was possible to do an actively bad job either, but it was possible to do an actively good job at naming five green things.
Speaker 6: But I think you did it okay.
Speaker 3: I think you were on the spot.
Speaker 6: I felt pressure, but that's good and I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell I think that you. I think you handled that pressure perfectly.
Speaker 6: Oh perfect. Thanks, I want I got to come off tomove.
Speaker 3: Well, Aerin. Thank you for coming in and sharing your knowledge of green things with us. And uh, I'm glad to have you on the stream for the first time. I hope that. I hope you stick around.
Speaker 6: And yeah, hey, my happy life pleasure. Yeah, thanks talking to me.
Speaker 3: For sure, dude. I love you very much and I hope to see you soon and have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: You too, Man, I appreciate it. Take care, take care, all right bye.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, we did it. I made it to the end of the episode. This has been therapy Get go. This is the Therapy Eco podcast. If you if you like it, feel free to subscribe, Feel free to drop a nice review. If you didn't like it, you know, feel free to drop a one star review. I think that's fair. I think if someone didn't like your podcast and they want to drop a bad review of it, I think that's fine. That's what bad reviews are for, so you know, do that. But also you know, if you like it, then drop a drop a good one, just whatever you thought of it, review it accordingly. Okay. Yeah, if you want to call in again every Monday, Wednesday Friday at ten pm Eastern Standard Time on twitch dot tv slash Lyle Forever, I will be there. If you like the show, follow me on Instagram the number four ever, subscribe all that stuff anyway. All right, I'll talk to you guys soon, see you next week. Much love, Hail Satan, kill all the bugs, alright bye