Speaker 1: Let's listen to some voicemails. Boys, Yeah, let's do it voicemail time. We need to jingle for this segment. I agree. Do you guys know any musicians something uh that tees it up in a really fun and you know, lighthearted way. Maybe we can write one right now and then we can get it composed in post. Yeah, go ahead. I should be like, butt up bump, all right, butt up bump voice males with the brothers.
Speaker 2: Bruce males with brothers, and don't dun't brother bump And if you've got the question, just leave it at.
Speaker 1: The beep bum. I love that. Yes, boys, man, a lot of bass. A question just in plays. Let's play the first one.
Speaker 3: Hi, my name is Anna, and I have a little story, followed by a question. So on the Greetings from your Own Town tour, I was lucky enough to to be selected to shoot the surprise song. But while I was talking to you guys, specifically Joe, he said like, what's your mother's name? And I thought he said what's your brother's name? And I was like, I don't have a brother. The thing is, it's not e Barrisic. But it is one of those moments that what I'm sometimes like, when you're trying to get to sleep at night, your brain keeps you up and it's like, hey, remember that this cringing thing you did. My question for you is, what is something in the last year that would be one of those cringing things that you did that that could keep.
Speaker 4: You up at night?
Speaker 5: Is that too dark?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: Oh well I can't. I can't delete this all right?
Speaker 4: Let me back.
Speaker 1: I love you have an amazing character voice. Yeah, she should you be on like you would be fantastic on a Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers or Rick and Morty. There's countless things that we've done embarrassingly or cringey in the last year. Or I to speak for myself, but why don't you start? Then? I said something today that I felt I was cringey. And I was waiting in line for my smoothie post workout little creatine in there, and I was reaching over and I was in a commit conversation. So I don't know, brain fart, brain fart's happened? This is called which called brain fart. It's okay a BF not to be confused with boyfriend. I reached over to grab a straw and I said, and to the lady that was right there, I said, excuse you, And that was second I said, I'm so sorry, I mean to excuse me. She just looked at me like it's okay, and I was like, I know I did, and I'm like, that was brain fart. Excuse me, excuse you. I have a similar one where I was playing golf recently, and golf, I think it's a whole thing right, as you all know, but for those that don't, there are unspoken rules and things you don't do. If someone hits a bad shot, it is in good form to to throw them in another ball and be like, we're not setting the course records today, Like have a good time hitting unless you're actually in a competition. Unless you're in a competition, but if it's just free plage is fun. There are things you do to make the other person feel like we're not good enough to be taking this that seriously, Yeah, we don't need to care much. The person I was playing with that I don't really know it very well, hit a shot. But just as they had hit the putt which didn't go very well, I had taken a sip of my sparkling water and one of the carbonation bubbles hit the back of my throat and I went, oh no, just as they missed the putt to like make par or bird or something, and they kind of look back like, damn, this guy sucks. I was laughing at you. It was the I had a carbonate, you know, so I just kind of let it go over compensated a whole or later. I was like, hey, it's tough course out here. He's really winning run fast. Huh. All right, that's a good one. Unless Kevin, you've never been cringing in your life. I was gonna say, I have too many to count. I don't even know where to start. It's just too like it's every time I open my mouth, I have an issue. So let's just move on. My favorite of yours is the condolences to the chef. That's like the old class one. It's carried with me for a very long Like first nice meal was at A four Seasons. It was also probably our first nice hotel. It was the Rints in Dallas. I remember exactly where I was, and the Jonas brothers were somebody. The people were paying attention to us. Somebody put us and the Ritz and we were like oh my gosh. And we had a concert that night and they kept the restaurant open late for us to have a meal, and we all had a delicious meal on and on the way out we saw some of the staff and Kevin said to the GM, he goes, uh, meal is fantastic. My condolences to the chef walked out, you know, and I think you at the time, you probably had a summer scarf and you flipped it back as you said it too. Definitely summer scarfed it at that point. The thing I don't tell about the story was I looked up the word condolences and I believe I like read the definition wrong and used it. I was like intentionally used the word, which was like an absurd So you were like, I'm looking this up, I'm going to I'm going to the Ritz Dallas. Yeah, like I like did a whole thing or like did a you know, I mean, I don't think it was the worst. I think it was Saint Regis if I'm now correcting myself. So manys, next voicemail, let's hit it.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 6: My name is Heather and I've been a fan for twenty one years now, so I am in a relationship. We've been together for seven years and we talk a little bit about marriage, but just just a normal like when are you getting me your ring? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: And normal?
Speaker 6: Well, to know how long it took Heaven to decide that he wanted to by Danielle ring and how long it took actually to go through like the whole process. I've seeing the parents and everything, and is seven years way too frigging long, just kidding. He lets me go to Jonas Brothers concerts whenever I want, so never merged a tour. So he's a good person.
Speaker 1: Great person.
Speaker 6: I love you guys. Bye.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of Delilah her voice, Remember Delilah, she's still on bro. Can we just play the first like when she introduced herself one more time. I'm gonna add something.
Speaker 4: Hello, my name is Heather and I have been a No, that's a different like a different Uh.
Speaker 1: It's like a I don't know, that's like a a commercial you see on television past like two am the questions for me, it took Kevin all two minutes to decide if you wanted to marry Danielle kind of No, it was about a year in I said a year in, I was like, I definitely want to marry this girl, and about six months later started working on a ring and then I asked her parents. It was pretty straightforward. It was like two years into everything, two and a half just enormy engagement to wedding pipeline. That's that seems normal. You nick though, like your you went, how do you know you were a couple months before about the ring? Yeah, like forty eight days knew interesting and your wedd didn't ask me. It's weird. I would. I feel like you should start being more obvious with your questions to your partner. It's time to get real. I know she's not asking, she's asking like how long did it take for you?
Speaker 7: Keap?
Speaker 1: But I'm I think there's also the elephant in the room, meaning seven years is a long time, a damn and ring in the corner h pair shape that. I feel like she should probably be like like, oh man, so what's the fucking plan? Yeah, seven years is like a little past the window. No more hinting. I think it's time for I think it's time for the chat. Yeah, you're about to finish college and finish your master's degree, like you need to. You need to figure it out and be like yo, bro, or how about just everyone has their own timeline? Chill, You guys are being a judging I don't like it. The audience is gonna love me for that. I don't know. I'm just trying to keep things interesting. You know, Let's have some real conversations. I think. I don't know why not. I kind of agree. It's like at a certain point, is it going to be too long? Where that at that point you spent seven years maybe more with someone that doesn't if that's your plan for your future, like you want to get married, then there needs to be a real conversation. I think there you go, and if you don't want to get married, then let people live their lives. Guys, that's the problem. What if his version is I don't want to get married, but hers is They should know now that's what I'm saying. She definitely wants to get married. She didn't call to be like for sure, guys, why do people want to get married? I know she wants to get married. I'm just trying to make you guys look bad, that's all. That's fine. Wow, I'm in my villain era. Okay, next one.
Speaker 7: It's Hailey from Arizona. I'm a big fan and I have kind of a predicament. I'm the youngest of four siblings. My oldest brother and I have been estranged for a few years now. He recently got married and moved across the country. I was not invited, which I completely understand, but my parents knew about it, along with another brother.
Speaker 6: They knew about it for months, They.
Speaker 7: Attended the wedding, they helped him move, and kept it all a secret from me and my sister, all because he asked them to What hurts isn't what my brother did. I have totally come to expect that what hurts is feeling like there's a pattern where everyone accommodates the difficult sibling and the rest of us are just expected to deal with the fallout. So my question for you is, as brothers who have worked through conflict and rebuilt relationships, what advice would you give for healing a family wound when maybe it seems like accountability is one sided and the people you're most disappointed in aren't the difficult family member, but maybe the family members who help enable the behavior. Would love to know your thoughts on this.
Speaker 5: I love the podcast you guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: Thinks Wow, well, I think you are therapized for sure. She's this person is I think, already working on themselves, which I think is incredible. Number One, you're doing a great job because the way you're just communicating how you're feeling about the situation, it's very impressive. And I feel like this situation obviously is very complicated, and I'm sorry that you didn't get invited to the wedding, and I'm sorry it's a strange to your relationship. That's tough for family, that's tough. But yes, there is some moves being made on your behalf, which is a little strange. And I feel like at least the family members that you're close with, there's got to be some sort of family meeting and just be like, guys, we got to figure this out more of like an intervention. But right, well, well, yeah, I got I agree with you, Joe, but I also like the relationship might not be not healable, Like that's fine. The family members that that are she's good with, I mean, shouldn't be like finding out that you're hiding something with an a strange family member. To make it less of a blow for you like that's weird. I totally agree. Yeah, I also think that, you know, it's especially painful when it's your parents and you feel like they're prioritizing, you know, another child over you, and it's a really complicated thing for all all parties. However, I think, you know, given the fact that you're Haley's processing this the way you know you are, it means that you're coming to the conversation with balance and thoughtfulness and you know, at least some empathy and compassion, knowing that it's so tricky. But I do think a conversation is warranted. And just to put it in the context of our dynamic and our experiences, there have been plenty of times where one of us felt a certain way, and including Franklin, you know, and the fact is we're still mom and Dad's kids, and they have to champion each of us in different ways, even if they might feel like, well that one's clearly in the wrong in the situation, or it's too nuanced to say someone's wrong or right. They got to sort of be Switzerland and love all their children equally even when there's conflict. And I think I've taken a lot of learning from that you know, and applied it to even our brotherhood, and there have been times that been like, all right, you know what, I get it. They need to like prioritize that right now and their feelings and hurt even if I might feel a certain way, I think the conversations do and it should happen in like a place that doesn't feel like an intense environment, just like as you said, Joe, like a hang just or maybe Kevin with you a hang to just air it out and have a conversation. I think that's smart. It's tough smart. Next up, Hi, Okay.
Speaker 5: I had a question.
Speaker 8: So my husband and I are married of eight years and in a multicultural marriage. He's from Guatemala and I'm, as he says, all Americans, born and raised in Washington State. We have two little boys. But one challenge we faced is realizing we had different expectations around simple things like cooking, cleaning, parenting because of our cultural and family backgrounds. I'm just wondering have any of you experienced cultural differences or family differences showing up in every day married or relationships in family life and what helps you worked through them as a couple.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: By Wow great question. I think I think a lot of people will probably deal with this. Yes, yeah, I think cultural differences I can only imagine. But like even just how you were Raisa, as people like, you know, if you're used to expecting something in relationship, I think that's a poise for disaster. In my opinion, I think if you expect something of someone without ever communicating that that's what you're looking for, I think that's going to head towards disaster pretty quickly. Expectations of the blueprint for disappointment is something our father always used to say. Yeah, so that's true marriage. But but as first, cultural differences, I mean, I'm also in a multicultural, multi religious family, my wife being from India. There's a lot of things, as you guys know, early in our relationship that took some kind of figuring out, right, you know, just ways in which the culture is just different. It's all you know, communication and just certain ways in which things were done, rituals and otherwise, whether that's you know us, the way we do things here or the way they do things there. It took, you know, a bit of a learning curve, but I came to love kind of learning and and finding kind of our rhythm within it, and there's it just it just makes life so much more exciting and the experiences you have so much more fulfilling when when you're when you're experiencing something that your partner grew up doing or or loves about their culture, and how you apply that to your own life and the world you build together. So I think it's it's sort of twofold. There's one version where it's like I think there's a conversation that we had around expectations around who's carrying what responsibilities in the relationship, and then a separate one around how can we embrace things that you love about your culture and that I love about mine and celebrate these things together and make it a part of the fabric of who we are as a team. And you know that that can be an exciting journey to go on. I agree, I actually disagree. Yeah, I will say that I do think that, like, it's hard when you have a lot of people expecting certain things in a household just because of either gender or like role, Like I don't necessarily I do not agree that that's how it should roll. So it's definitely difficult when that's like embedded in a lot of people based on where they're from. That's a great point.
Speaker 9: Moving on, Hey, so my name is Sabrina and I live in Pensacola, Florida. So I just got.
Speaker 5: Married two years ago and I moved.
Speaker 9: From Rome, Georgia to Pensacola, And I was wondering how y'all managed to like move away from like your parents, because I know for me, it's kind of hard living with it, like living without them. But now I was a loving husband who I love so dearly, but it's just so hard, like visiting my parents and then leaving kind of getting that homesickness again. But I was just wondering how y'all manage your time with like your parents of like separating and having your own families.
Speaker 1: Now, thank you for the question. We share our parents. Now, our parents are. I can hear them. They're in the other room and Dad, you know, is on the phone walking around. Obviously, not everybody has that luxury of being able to get you through parents to visit as often, and you have to go visit them a couple times a year if you're lucky. There was definitely seasons where you know, we got the taste of it. COVID and all that where we didn't get to see our parents for quite a while, right, and that could be really tough. I mean, just even I moved pretty far a couple of years ago from where my family was and felt so lonely, like the first time in my life, I felt like, wow, I feel pretty alone, like pretty separated, pretty far from from fam. But I found ways to look forward to seeing them and making a proper plan either meeting them halfway or whatever. And also finding a good community for yourself. You know, finding some good friends is important, and if you can do that, I think it's great. And also I think there's been like a lot some fun things on Zoom came out of COVID. We were doing a lot of like game nights on Zoo and even with my parents. I don't know if your parents are tech savvy, but there's a game called Code Names. It's a good one for the family online. We should do it. You can play on Zoom. Try that out with your parents. I think adulting can be a really liberating experience too. When you, you know, move out on your own, you start to think about, you know, what do I want to put on my grocery list and what's my laundry day, and you start to build those those systems, even if you don't stick to it and don't put the pressure on it, because there's there's going to be chaotic moments. But I think you can find ways to sort of gamify it and be like, you know, this can be fun defining who I am as an adult and what my home looks and feels like. And then you know, FaceTime is.
Speaker 10: An incredible tool for all relationship So FaceTime as much as you can and try to, you know, kind offset some of that home sickness.
Speaker 1: I just got one of those TVs that roll around that you get all those ads for and it's got zoom on it. It's the greatest thing ever. It's whoa so cool. So when if you see me rolling you around my house and like you're there in the room, that's what's going on. So get one of those TVs. They're pretty great. You should buyer one. keV, let's go. Kev's got that solo artist money now he's just buying TVs that roll on the house. Yeah, I wish have we got time for one more?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 5: Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 11: I might be a little bit of an older fan. I'm twenty seven and I recently got braces. I wasn't able to afford it as a kid, and now I can, and I'm trying to fix my team so I can be more confident.
Speaker 5: So I was wondering to you, guys, how do you guys stay so confident? I know, Joe has had some things in the past, uh, like for example in a grade when he you know, crapped himself at school and then had to go back and clean it up. But then only a few years later is performing with the Jonas Brothers and just exuding confidence. How do you guys do that? So thank you guys if you answer my questions. Sending love, and I hope you guys have a blessed day.
Speaker 1: Joe, how do you stay so confident after you've pooped your pants and now I'm a Jonas brother? How do you do it? Someone like you being conmic? How does that? How does that happen someone as well? H good on you getting braces and feeling your best self. Yeah, that's good. It's great. And now braces are way cooler than they were when when we were younger. We're doing the whole invisil line thing, right, now it's working out great for everybody we are meaning, are you that our daughters are?
Speaker 7: Oh? Got it?
Speaker 1: I got good ass teeth right now, good ass teeth straight. You know, there are days we don't feel our best and don't feel that confident, and you catch your reflection selfie cam pops up and you see a triple chin you. Well, I'm going to the gym today. But I think probably like little things help. Honestly, I like a little little morning walk, clear my head. And I just also try not to poot my pants as much anymore. It's probably step one of your day. Just don't poop my pants sometimes. I did send that to our our group chat, days without Pooping your pants zero when it happened to me a couple years maybe a year ago. Yeah, I had this thought recently. It's more related to like social environments and you know, big groups or group setting, whatever it is. And and it was advice that I gave somebody else, and I was like, man, I should listen to my own advice, which I never do, but it was basically like, hey, just just keep in mind that everybody else in this room is probably having the same self talk thoughts that you're having about what they just said, or how they look, or how you know their stature in the room socially, all those things were all doing it in real time, and the first person be like, I'm not I'm just one hundred percent of company, like they're full of hit. I think, just it's that old thing of like imagine that everyone else in the room is is not worring like that thing, but apply it to the fact that everyone else is probably feeling some level of insecurity at every every given moment. It should take some pressure off and allow you to just be yourself and know that confidence isn't just about the way you look or how you feel or whatever. It's a frame of mind. It's a it's a mindset I love that you have to adopt, and you have to choose to be confident and happy and to feel the best version of yourself each day. And when you don't to that point, Joe, I think taking a walk's a great call. Watching something that's going to make you feel uplifted and happy. There's so much like doom scrolling that happens, and it only weighs in further into your confidence. Or one way to really confidence boost listen to the Hagones podcast right here on iHeartRadio. Proven by most the most, nine of ten scientists say, one out of one out of ten. Actually, he's likely the one that the check this out. He's one of it, all right. Thanks for all your amazing questions and calls. Make sure to keep you coming. Yeah, keeping coming is our hotline. It is one eight four Hey Jonas or one eight four four three nine five six six two seven as always, Bye bye bye bye bye bye