Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at Breaking Points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show. Good morning, everybody, Happy Tuesday. We have an amazing show for everybody today. I got a couple of programming notes just right here at the top. Unfortunately, one of Crystal's youngest daughters is in the hospital today.
Speaker 4: We are wishing her absolutely the best.
Speaker 2: Another programming note, It's been quite a personal just mess here on Breaking Points. My grandfather died a couple of days ago. My actually getting married in a couple of days on Saturday, so I'm going to be out for the.
Speaker 4: Rest of the week.
Speaker 2: Luckily, we have our very own Ryan Grimm and Emily Joshinski who are stepping up to the plate. Ryan, thank you for bailing us out of these multiple personal crises that we face here on Breaking Points, were we have never.
Speaker 3: Been more thankful to have you man, So thank you both.
Speaker 1: Glad to be here. Wishing the Crystal's family, well, yes, thank you, Yeah, we all are. We're all thinking about her this morning. We'll keep everybody updated on that as well.
Speaker 2: So we have a couple of things, major things obviously to react to this morning. Ryan, We've got the RNC the first day yesterday. The big news that Crystal brought everybody yesterday is that Donald Trump has chosen Senator Jdvance of Ohio as his running mate. We're going to run through some of the details of that announcement, and then we're going to bring in Emily Jasinski from the RNC to get her reaction. Ryan and I are then going to interview Lieutenant Tim McMillan. He's the co founder of Debrief Media. Some of you may know him, but for our purposes, he actually is former law enforcement who worked multiple presidential protection details, and he's going to go over some more stunning details that we are learning about the failed assassination on Donald Trump and more importantly be failed Secret Service and local law enforcement response. The things that we are finding out now are just absolutely shocking, including that the gunman was known to law enforcement with the picture some thirty minutes before the shooting, and that the building that he was in during the shooting apparently had Secret Service snipers inside of it along with law enforcement. It doesn't get more of a failure than that. We're going to talk a little bit about the polls. We're going to talk about some of the reaction anticipated of the RNC, where Donald Trump stands today. And then also Ryan, this will be great for you and I to discuss, is the DNC and their official decision to try and nominate Joe Biden officially virtually before the convention to stay any more conversation about whether he should stay in the race. We're also going to talk about Joe Biden giving another interview yesterday on NBC News with Lester Holt.
Speaker 4: We have a couple of clips from that.
Speaker 2: He also appeared on YouTube channel on Complex actually for YouTubers who are out there, and some claims about Israel and Palestine which certainly bear scrutiny. RFK Junior, who, by the way, Emily will have an interview with sometime later today. We'll be getting seper service protection. We're going to talk about that. And then finally, the document's case against Trump was officially dismissed by the judge. Massive, massive victory, legal victory for him. We're going to talk to our legal friend Bradley Moss about it.
Speaker 3: Now. Look, here's the thing about Bradley. We all know he has an.
Speaker 2: Opinion, but on the facts of the matter, he actually can be a pretty objective legal analyst whenever he wants to be. So we're going to push him a little bit on that. So let's go ahead and start, you know, with the RNC. By the way, we finally got our very first view of Donald Trump after that failed assassination attempt. Guys, let's go en roll some of this video that we can see. Ryan. You can see he's got a large piece of it, a gauze and bandage that is on his right ear, which he said was pierced by a bullet. Obviously a very big bandage, and it's a living reminder of the assation attempt that was just a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: Here we have JD.
Speaker 2: Vance officially being nominated and I think it's by acclamation as the vice presidential nominee for the Republican Party. While he was standing with the Ohio delegation just to go a little bit more into it. Guys, Let's go and put this next one up on the screen, the official Truth Social announcement that from Donald Trump yesterday. After lengthy deliberation and thought, considering the tremendous talents of many others, I have decided that the person best suited to assume the position of Vice President is Senator JD. Vance of the great State of Ohio. JD honorably served our country in the Marine Corps, graduated from Ohio State Summa cum laude Yale Blah Blah Blah, Hill Hillbilly Elgi became a bestseller and a movie. It championed the hard working men and women of our country. JD has had a successful business career in technology and finance, and now during the campaign, will be strongly focused on the people. He fought so brilliantly for the American workers and arms in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota, and far beyond. So, as you know, Ryan, those three states that he listed, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin literally the must win states there for Donald Trump. The initial response so far from the Biden campaign and from many critics of Vance, have been about some of his past comments. So before we get your thoughts, I just wanted to throw to this interview where he addressed some of that last night with Sean Hannity of Fox News.
Speaker 3: Let's get to it.
Speaker 5: If you go back to what I thought in twenty sixteen, another thing that was going on, Sean is I bought into the media's lies and distortions. I bought into this idea that somehow he was going to be so different, a terrible threat to democracy.
Speaker 6: It was a joke. Joe Biden is.
Speaker 5: The one who's trying to throw his political opposition in jail. Joe Biden is the one who's trying to undermine American law and order. President Trump did a really good job, and I actually think it's a good thing. When you see somebody you were wrong about him. You ought to admit the mistake and admit that we're wrong.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 5: I got to say, Donald Trump is as healthy as anybody I've ever met. I tell him all the time, he's got ridiculous geenes. I played to be a very good vice president for Donald Trump in four years.
Speaker 4: Interesting there, Ryan, So yeah, give us your reaction. What do you think.
Speaker 1: Well, the most important thing, of course, is that this is what I predicted, right, So, but the reason that people didn't think that this was going to happen is that he doesn't quote unquote bring anything to the ticket. You know, you're just politically speaking, you know, Ohio is already in the bag for Republicans. He doesn't he doesn't check any diversity boxes other than having a beard. And so people are like, why, you know, why do that, especially when you know then you lose a major Trump supporter in the Senate and maybe the Wine appoints vivic but maybe not, maybe he appoints some almost why yes, almost certainly? Well not well a point like at the wine like figure. And so the question that was always well, why would he do that? It just doesn't add anything to the race. And maybe I was wrong when I predicted. And the only reason that the prediction came true is that Trump is now so confident in the polling that he doesn't feel like he actually needs a boost in the election. And what he needs is is help governing and help pushing the kind of MAGA agenda forward. And as you saw in that statement that he put out, Trump loves credentials. It's one of the funniest contradictions about Trump. He just absolutely runs against all the elites. But the fact that he was summa cum laude at Yale kind of makes it into the truth social post about his upcoming vice presidential nominee. So it really does feel like him leaning into his base and showing an extraordinary amount of confidence that either Joe Biden is going to stay on the ticket and Trump is going to handle him easily, or he's going to get replaced by Kamala and he's as he said on that in that golf course video, he's like, you know, she's practically even worse.
Speaker 3: So that's what I read from it.
Speaker 2: I think you're right breaking points. Viewers will know if you want to go roll the tape from a few months ago. I said I don't think that Trump will pick JD. And this was pre assassination attempt, obviously, but I said I don't think that. Yeah, I said, I don't think he will pick JD unless he is totally confident of victory. And it's like, well, I actually saw your analysis on that in the snap reaction. I totally agreed with it, and look, full disclosure, I have known JD Van's on a personal level for probably eight almost eight years now, So people should take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Speaker 1: I do think you might put that up. I might have even known him longer. You want to hear my funny jds, go go for it. So as he was writing his book, and before it had even been published, he reached out to or somehow he got in touch with Arianna Huffington, who was my boss at the time at the Huffington Post, because he wanted help, you know, promoting the book, and we ended up we don't ended up excerpting a copy of it. In Aria connected me with him and said, you know who's great at book promotion?
Speaker 3: You know Ryan? You talk to Ryan.
Speaker 1: So JD and I talked before the book came out, and I gave him some little advice here and there. And it's funny thinking back on the advice I gave. One of the things was like every event that you go to make sure you collect all the emails with the people that like go to those events. And yeah, of course we'll run an excerpt of the book. It sounds really interesting and thinking of like collecting going from collecting like, you know, thirty emails at a Barnes and noble in like Columbus, Ohio. To being the vice presidential nominee is quite something.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: It is personally surreal and weird, you know, to kind of see something just I mean, it's something that you imagine in a movie. Then you see him get officially acclaimed. It is interesting. I think for a couple of reasons. The big difference is that so look, and this was actually this was Crystal's point. She was like, Trump has never given any consideration to governing, so why should we believe that he's going to care this time around. Honestly, I think that's a fair criticism. And that is one where I also was frankly worried. I was like, oh, well, here we go. We're gonna get Tim Scott or Doug Berghum or you know any of these other just box checkers, or Doug is a guy who brings in a lot of money, Tim Scott, I think we all know what that one is. Because Trump just loves the fake diversity. For Rubio, it was the same thing. Oh he speaks Spanish as if you know, you know, this is the funny thing. Trump Pence won what ten million more votes in twenty twenty and flipped multiple Hispanic counties in South Texas. I don't remember anybody saying, oh, well, if only Mike Pence had spoken Spanish, then all these Hispanics would.
Speaker 3: Have voted for him.
Speaker 2: It's a stupid way of thinking about how minority voters actually vote. But regardless, I can only say that from my knowledge of the conservative movement and others, this is a pick of a person who genuinely does care about a lot of the purported things that Trump also has ran on in the past. So if we talk about immigration, if we talk about industrial policy, if we talk about foreign policy, and now I will say on foreign policy, I'm going to be totally honest, it is a little bit more mixed than a lot of people may not. JD is very anti aid to Ukraine. He's a very I would say, pretty similar in my view about that conflict, also about having to reorient US foreign policy towards China, and also about the way that we should approach you know, let's say, the military industrial complex and all of that. That said, I mean, I'm going to be totally upfront here and say that he certainly has a very different opinion I think on Israel, pales sign that conflict as well. I have never spoken to him about it, just in case anybody wants me to know, but he did talk a little bit about that in his interview yesterday. So I won't claim that he is some you know, one hundred percent anti war candidate, but he is certainly, I would say, different than Lindsey Graham or any traditional doctrinaire Republican.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Ryan, Yeah, I think I think that's right. People might see his Ukraine policy and think for a second that, oh, maybe he's going to be different than Washington, you know, the watching consensus when it comes to Israel Palace time. But no, that's not that's not really the case. I think Cristel's point is an interesting one about how Trump. You know, I'll believe it when I see it, and with Trump's interest in governing, but I think one way to think about it is that you know, whether or not you think that there was a deep state pushback and conspiracy to to undermine and destroy Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Whether you believe that or not isn't the point.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump very much believes that, right, and so you don't have to believe that Trump has all of a sudden gotten an interest in governing, you know, for the sake of governing, because he wants to lift up all people or anything like that. All you have to believe is that Trump thinks that he was not surrounded with the kind of people that were loyal to him and that would defend him in his battle, you know, with this deep state, and I think he feels like JD. Vance is one of those people. And so whether that leads to or not, I think for Trump is completely beside the point. But it does show that he's going to, you know, kind of approach this what he sees as this internal conflict with more seriousness than he did last time.
Speaker 2: That's a great point, and that is another way where you can both believe in Trump's narcissism and his own personal interests and also projected, yeah, as what I've interviewed Donald Trump four five times, I think in the Oval office, and what is the number one gripe that he would always have these people are not loyal to me.
Speaker 3: I remember interviewing him immediately after.
Speaker 2: The entire Jeff Sessions bit, and actually I think I pressed him or maybe it was Jared Kushner and either one of these interviews, and I was like, guys, what are we doing here, Jeff Sessions. It was preempted trump Ism before Trump. This guy's the og immigration hawk, you know on all of these different policy issues, a lot more skeptical on foreign policy. And they're like, yeah, well he wasn't loyal, you know, on the Mueller investigation. But here is where you can actually fuse kind of the two things, as you said, And you can have somebody who's deeply skeptical of the federal bureaucracy, of the intelligence community, of a lot of the other people who are quote out to get Trump, and look, whether they're out to get him from a law or perspective or not, which I do think is true. I think it is empirical that there's obviously an ideology that pervades people who work in the United States government. And he has said JD very openly and clearly. He's like, look, we need to fire all these people and get rid of them. All Trump hears is, oh, the people who tried to get me, We're going to fire them. So those are not necessarily you know, incompatible, I guess is one I need to say it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that's exactly like their their interests to line there.
Speaker 3: Right for Trump, the fact that he's loyal and they have the same.
Speaker 4: Enemies is enough, right, right, good point.
Speaker 1: And JD has shown that he'll just debase like debases, maybe a little bit unfair. He's he's done such a one ady on Trump that he has the zeal of the converted.
Speaker 3: He certainly does.
Speaker 2: And listen, I again will say I no one can ever know anyone's heart. Here's what he was. He said the same in interviews. I'll tell you on a personal level, if you talk to him without the cameras, Roland, he would tell you the same thing.
Speaker 6: He's like.
Speaker 3: I think that was wrong.
Speaker 2: I believed a lot of these mediaized his own personal like his own personal quote unquote conversion on a lot of not even necessarily issues, but of Trump himself as this figure in the Republican Party who is both speaking to a lot of the concerns, but itself is the vehicle through which to get some of the things done for the voters. Let's say that he represents in Ohio and others. I think it is genuine. That is my opinion. But you know, you can say what you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, Yeah, what we see now maybe his genuine opinion and what we saw before, maybe what he was telling to the audience that was going to buy his books. So we always assume that the thing you're saying first is genuine, and then you switch to the artificial position.
Speaker 3: He might have gone artificial to genuine.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think he was being real at the time, too.
Speaker 3: Real both just so. Also it doesn't matter because it's post as you and I both know.
Speaker 2: Back in twenty sixteen, Okay, it was eight years ago, I tweeted this morning. I go, honestly, if you're the same person you were eight years ago, you're a mediat, like you're actually an idiot. That means that you don't think about anything. I'm certainly not the same person I was eight years ago. Let's put this up there on the screen because this is probably for our purposes on this show. What is going to be one of the more undercovered aspects of jd Vance As the pick people will recall, I was talking about here on the show about how the mega donors, specifically in the financial sector, have been very against JD Vance. So this is from the Financial Times. They say, why the rise of jd Vance and Trump World divides US business. Some deal makers detect an anti corporate agenda in the populist ideology of the vice presidential contender. They talk specifically about how Vance has been open to corporate tax raise hikes, how he walked the UAW picket.
Speaker 3: Line, Ryan, how.
Speaker 2: He praised Lena Khan, the FTC chair under the Biden administration.
Speaker 3: I can tell you at a personal level.
Speaker 2: I was at a speech that he'd gave some three four days ago, and in it he specifically was castigating the Wall Street Journal editorial board being pro corporate and shouting out organizations in the conservative movement who are pro industrial policy and who've actually been lobbying hard to raise the corporate tax rate come twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not going to sit here and claim that JD. Vans is a leftist.
Speaker 2: However, you know he wasn't in Congress in twenty and seventeen.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that he.
Speaker 2: I know for a fact there are at least some aspects of the TCJA twenty seventeen bill that he would not support necessarily. He's been on the record about child tax credits or about redistributive programs, not again in the way that some leftists would want me certainly is before work requirements and other things, but not ideologically a Ron Johnson or a Rand Paul or even a Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 1: I guess, as one way would put it. What do you think, ran, Yeah, the Lena Kahn point is an amazing one. And that you see my cat.
Speaker 3: Just snopped over. We love show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's another one too walking around here somewhere. So the Lena Khan question is an amazing one. And I was talking to a conservative movement source yesterday about this kind of out of the box question of is there a world in which he would actually keep Lena Khan as chair of FTC? And she said, you know what, if it were up to him, I could see it like you could actually imagine jd Vance kind of flipping the script and saying, you know what, Lena Khan might not be my first choice, but like she has done I think, I think his exact quote, she's done a pretty good job.
Speaker 3: And it would show having her in there would be a symbol of.
Speaker 1: The of the way that the the kind of two sides have come together at least on you know, anti populist, anti trust policy and The question.
Speaker 3: Though, becomes, what does Trump think?
Speaker 1: You know Trump's donors are, are you know much much less inclined, much more inclined to slide with the Wall Street Wall Street Journal editory board? And what much will depend on who becomes chief of staff?
Speaker 3: Was her argument. Yes, you are exactly right, Ryan.
Speaker 2: We actually have Emily on standby waiting to get her in here, so let's get her reaction.
Speaker 3: Joining us now our very own Emily Justinski.
Speaker 2: It's good to see you from the RNC for our purposes, and we want to get your reaction here to the Teamsters President Sean O'Brien, he's been on this show twice actually speaking about the vice presidential pick jd Vance.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen. We'll get your reaction.
Speaker 7: I mean jd Vance a short time that we've worked together, I mean he's been great on teams to issues. He is supporting co sponsored airline manufacturer and bill that addresses outsourcing of critical airline maintenance to China. He's also supported paid sickly for our railroad workers. You remember that situation a couple of years ago. They weren't gainst sick time. He stepped right up. He's also been very vocal and supportive of holding employers accountable who try and skirt their obligation under an independent contract, a model known as DSP. So he's been right there on all our issues were publicly stated it and look at this day and age, there's nothing better than having a US Marine represented as a vice president candidate.
Speaker 3: What'd you make of that?
Speaker 2: Emily John O'Brien later spoke actually at the RNC, which is a big moment. I think he's the first Team's president of one hundred and twenty one years to address the Republican Convention.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Gabryel Barnburner of a speech, and he led actually with the same thing.
Speaker 9: That Donald Trump did.
Speaker 8: You'll you'll notice he highlighted Jade Vance as a marine. It's basically the first sentence that Donald Trump had after announcing Jade Vance was his vice presidential pick. In his true social post, he said he's a marine. And I think that's actually pretty interesting. You know, I'm about an hour outside the city right now, very conservative county of Wisconsin. But you know, in those areas that used to be less conservative, when you go out to Role Wisconsin, it's not just Trump Country, it's Berney country, and I think that's what you know, we take for granted almost because we've known for so long that the RNC was coming here to Wisconsin and to Milwaukee, that this was a strategic pick, and it's been. It's turned out actually to be somewhat of a genius pick. Not that it took a genius to figure out that, you know, you should go to Wisconsin, no offense to Hillary Clinton, even all these years later, but it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. And for these these union guys, if you look around at state like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, you realize that you just can't get around, You just can't get around where most of your members are on.
Speaker 9: The Trump question. I'm not talking about.
Speaker 8: Any politics outside of that, because, as you and Ryan know, when you talk to people, the kind of people that shown O'Brien represents the Trump question is somewhat separate from how those other politics fall in line afterwards, and you just can't get around where most of the people who represents are on the Trump question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ryan, let's get your reaction to not only to that, but to this as well. I want to hear what both of you have to say let's put this up there on the screen, monumental news that the Teamsters are considering no endorsement in the twenty twenty four race. I mean, Ryan, what would that mean for a Democratic presidential ticket?
Speaker 4: It just seems astounding.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: It's not clear symbolically it means an enormous amount, But the Teamsters and the building trades kind of more broadly have had their members supporting Donald Trump by sixty to seventy percent plus margins, you know, going back to twenty sixteen, and with the kind of Teamsters and building trade broadly leadership making the case back to their members that actually know, Democrats are better for you for your pocketbook issues and for you know, supported the NLRB and supportive union issues, and then hearing back from their members. Yeah, but A, we like, we like Donald Trump, and b look at look at how wages went up, you know, look at how I had more money in my pocket.
Speaker 3: While Trump was president, and so on.
Speaker 1: The on a sheer number of votes, it probably doesn't actually matter that much because so many teamsters themselves were already voting for Republicans. Now, if it means that, you know, teamsters aren't spending money you know that matters, although both parties have so much money at this point that, you know, a few million dollars from the Teamsters is kind of at the margins. The way that people inside the labor movement are viewing what Sean O'Brien is doing is kind of looking out for his members under a Trump administration, which everybody on the left expects to be filled with vengeance. Whether that's true or not, Like that is how the left is seeing a potential Trump administration, and so they see Sean O'Brien as positioning himself and the Teamsters in a way that would, you know, mitigate some of the damage that might be done to organize labor under it under a Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Emily, what was it like in the room when Sean O'Brien was speaking and when JD was picked? Just give us some color that we may not have picked up on the camera.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I wasn't in the room last night because the press credential and closed at like six pm, even though all the speeches were to come. Shout out to the r n C for that one. But I will say I find it fascinating the crowd that's mingling here in Milwaukee because in Zager you definitely know this, you've seen this before.
Speaker 9: It's it's different. Delegates are different.
Speaker 8: It's not so much that you know they're they're different people, but it's it's just that it's a sense of let's say, I don't want to I don't want to use the word loyalty because the corporate media uses that and I don't think it's the right word to so many average Republicans approach to Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: But it's a real sense of love.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I think that's the best word for Donald Trump that you didn't used to see for Republican politicians. Outside to my memory, I remember being at CEPAC in twenty twelve and seeing Sarah Palin.
Speaker 9: That's the closest thing I've seen to this in the past.
Speaker 8: And what's so interesting to me is the split screen of the Republican Party being on full display yesterday, because I don't think let's just say Trump doesn't pick jd Vance. Let's say Donald Trump picks Tim Scott, financial Services Committee chairman, close to a lot of the banks and the corporations, and that's where he is. Doug Burgham something similar with Doug Bergham and some of the other characters that Donald Trump was reportedly considering. It's not clear to me what that would mean for a future Sean O'Brien speech at the RNC. Is this going to be a one off?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: With jd Vance sort of ascend it in the Republican Party now even more formally than he was just forty eight hours ago, it looks like you could potentially have another Sean O'Brien's speech at an rn C in the future. Sean O'Brien or teams for speech or teams are endorsement even it's unclear, but the weight sort of in the balance went on that side last night.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And I want to get your reaction to to some of the other speakers that were last night. We had David Sachs, who's been here on the program. We had Amber Rose, and we had the teams quite quite a lineup. What's your reaction to that, Emily, you know, on the ground people you're talking to, what's happening here?
Speaker 3: David?
Speaker 2: I guess you know, he gave a lot of money and he's somebody who I think on the on foreign policy. By the way I can say this, he is one hundred percent consistent. People can go and watch my interview with David here at the desk, even on Israel. I know all the lefties want to go go watch it for yourself. You can hear what he has to say right here where I'm sitting. But what was it like, you know, to see that coming together? What's your observation there of what's happening.
Speaker 8: It's just so Trumpian, and it's even more Trumpian than twenty sixteen, twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: It feels like full Trump.
Speaker 8: Although we may never actually reach full Trump, it feels like we're fuller.
Speaker 9: Trump than we were in the past.
Speaker 8: The Amber Roach speech, in particular, I saw Matt Walsh, for example, of the Daily Wire saying that this was a disaster. Republicans put something put someone who's you know, sexually promiscuous and as a face tattoo on the stage. But her speech, if you listen to her speech, I think actually spoke to something that a lot of people are experiencing right now. She said she felt lied to by the left, and when her dad told.
Speaker 9: Her she talked about her dad a lot.
Speaker 8: When her dad started opening up her eyes to this, she basically realized a lot of what she had believed was not true. And in a city like Milwaukee, where Republicans are really serious about eating into the margins that Democrats have had with black voters for a really long time, with that narrative in particular, you are being lied to.
Speaker 9: I don't think it was a disaster at all.
Speaker 8: I actually think that reaction to it is really really off the mark, because that's where, you know, that's where you can really sort of end the Biden campaign is if those cities like Milwaukee, Cleveland, I guess not so much Cleveland because of where Ohio is now, but Philadelphia just don't vote for him, and maybe some of them will even.
Speaker 3: Vote for Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ryan, what did you think of some of that lineup and of generally where the RNC is right now? Just you know, this is our last opportunity the three of us, I guess to talk before Trump gives is Trump and JD give their vice presidential or presidential acceptance speeches.
Speaker 1: It's a much more imaginative party than Democrats are willing to be. And yes, okay, David Sachs, like like you said, gave a ton of money and and so that's you know, one route onto the stage. But he's also you know, one of these figures that's become prominent in the independent media and in the social media space, and to elevate those kinds of people. And also Amber Rose obviously that's an imaginative place for a party to go. Trump meeting with RFK Junior just just taking the meeting and talking to them shows a flexibility.
Speaker 3: And an imagination that Democrats don't have.
Speaker 1: You can't, like, can you imagine now Joe Biden sating like it's completely inconceivable, even though it would be in their interests to try it.
Speaker 3: Soccer happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I was just gonna say it. Scager you know this, and Ryan you know this too. You used to go to if you used to go to Republican events, there, there was nothing more cookie cutter. I mean truly, there was nothing more cookie cutter. But even just like demographic wise, there was nothing more cookie cutter.
Speaker 9: Everybody was wearing.
Speaker 8: Elephant skirts and was like coming from a very similar background. And then they'd hold up a couple of different people in the crowd and be like, see, it's like Trump, where's my African American? But it's actually now different, Like the crowds that you see walking around places like the RNC. It is just it is not the elephant skirt crowds. It's it's a mix of that and you know, some some new people, some people who are you know, comfortable approaching things differently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Emily, I'm curious on that point.
Speaker 1: And in twenty eight and twenty twelve, some of the most I think it's two thousand and eight, the conventions were weak week to week, like they were back to back, and I remember going from one to the other and thinking, wow, like these are legitimately two different political parties. Like you can argue that, you know, it's it's a duopoly, but just physically seeing the two of them next to each other, like these are just simply different parties. And like you said, the cookie cutter nature of the of the Republican National Convention was utterly striking. So I wish I was there this year to see it, Like are you are you seeing a slightly different Republican Party? Like it's it just looks different as you're as you're walking around.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean maybe it's the setting.
Speaker 8: I think it's feel a little bit more working class than typically you would have seen in the past at some of these events. And one big takeaway I had from yesterday. Again, like I'm from this area, spent you know, a lot a lot of time in Milwaukee. I worked in downtown Milwaukee. It was dead yesterday. You know, what you're seeing in the FI Serve Forum is start contrast with what you're seeing outside of it. There's just you know, I went out for dinner in a pretty trendy neighborhood last night and there's just nobody around because the security is so intense. So it feels like people are settling in here at the moment. And I'm curious to see how the crowds shape up in the next several days, because as of yesterday at least it was quiet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we'll see. We'll see.
Speaker 2: Emily, thank you so much for joining us. We really appreciate it, and I'm sure you'll check in more. I know the two of you guys are going to hold down the Ford on Thursday, which is incredible. Thank you for bailing this out here midst several personal crises and other personal events.
Speaker 3: Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 2: Ryan and I are going now going to interview Lieutenant Tim McMillan about some of the law enforcement failures in the attempted assassination of Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, guys, we had some connection issues with Lieutenant Tim McMillan. But Ryan and I will do our best to break down some of the news here. Let's go and put this up there on the screen. So the first and most important news that we're dissecting together b one please, gentlemen, is that law enforcement, according to NBC News affiliate, spotted the Trump shooter some thirty minutes before the shots were fired. Now, briefly, Tim McMillan told us that he did not necessarily believe this report. But what we're reading from them is that according to Beaver County, Pennsylvania Emergency Services, they noticed quote a suspicious man on the roof near the rally at five forty five pm, called it in and took a picture of the person. Keep in mind that the shots were fired in Butler, Pennsylvania some six fifteen pm. Ryan, So if that is accurate, that means that the shooter had nearly thirty minutes on or around the rooftop before anything actually not before anything was done. Nothing was done until he actually took shots at the president. We know that there was some current. There was some confrontation moments before the shooting between local law enforcement and the shooter. But still, I mean, the details are stunning in their failure, if that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to bring viewers behind the curtain here, we had Tim McMillan on for about ten minutes, but his connection was just too unstable to keep going. And what he was saying there is that Yes, he said, I believe, of course that they probably did surveil him. They basically surveil everybody ahead of the event, but he was quite skeptical that they would have surveiled him with a weapon and then done nothing at all Like that just seemed too shocking even to him, despite all the glaring failures that we've seen. And I asked him about what you've heard a lot of progressive says, well, hey, Pennsylvania is an open carry state. Doesn't this make it much more difficult for the Secret Service? And he said, you know what they're they're there because they're federal officials. They're able to push the perimeter basically as far as they want, and so you can't just you know, creep right up to a presidential event, even if you're outside of it.
Speaker 3: And say hey, look, this is open carry. Secret Service has the ability to say you get out of here.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Secret Service cannot just open fire on somebody for open carrying near an event, and they'd have to say something like, hey, look, you need to move on here. That gets to the confrontation that we know about where a local police officer who was told hey, there might be something in the roof, climbed the roof, saw him kid pointed the weapon at him, and he retreated and then immediately fired at the president.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. And we also have this let's put this up there on the screen.
Speaker 3: Police.
Speaker 2: This is from ABC News. One of the things that they talk about here is that the local police Ryan allegedly were inside of the shooter building. According to the United States Secret Service, the detail is that the cops actually were in side along with some other members of a counter sniper team, just compounding some of the failure. The implication Ryan is that the building was not quote secured because the police were inside of it, whereas the rooftop itself is somehow not under surveillance. That was I mean, I listen, I mean that might be actually one of the most stunning parts.
Speaker 3: Of all if what this checks out.
Speaker 4: And this is again according to the United States Secret Service.
Speaker 1: And if you are those officers, your job is also to block access to being able to get on top.
Speaker 3: Of the building.
Speaker 1: But let's remember what was it like in Pennsylvania that day. It was insanely hot. I wonder if some of these officers were like, you know what, God, it's brutal out here. I'm dying out here. Trump late getting on the stage. What's the worst thing that could happen? I'm going inside. This is crushing me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you that cops and other workers in US workforces, including myself, have done that kind of thing for centuries.
Speaker 3: Hey, the boss isn't looking. It's so human.
Speaker 2: We can understand it, I think, to a certain extent. Can we forgive it in this instance? Probably not.
Speaker 3: If this is the worst can happen.
Speaker 6: It happened.
Speaker 3: Well, actually the worst didn't happen, right, but near what really happened? Yeah, near the worst.
Speaker 2: I mean, Look, this is again why it's so extraordinary is this is the first time a bullet has touched a president or foreign president since Ronald Reagan, so it's been forty one years. This is the biggest failure since that Reagan shooting, and then honestly, in this case, I think it actually might be a bigger failure because this was counter to procedure, Whereas at that time, you know, things were crazy in the seventies and eighties where somehow you could just get very close.
Speaker 3: To a president with a gun, which is nuts.
Speaker 2: I mean, when we compare like gerald Ford and Reagan and all this, it wasn't even counter to their procedure per se. Here they explicitly are supposed to do X, Y and Z at the most basic level, and it was a failure of that mission that led then to the attempted assassination. Put this up there on the screen again, just to go over the shooting. The site line. What again is that you can see that building that we're talking for those who are watching, some one hundred and thirty six yards away from where the president was speaking, and you can see that that building allegedly is where the staging ground for some of these local officers would be. And intuitively makes sense whenever you take a look at this, because you have the rally area on the right where the stage is, and then it would make sense also that local police and staging areas, the so called middle tier of the security perimeter would be right there. Let's go to the next part. Please just to continue breaking some of this down, because this is the image we showed everyone yesterday in color and also with the rally set up. There where the building there on the left some one hundred and thirty six yards away from the president was exactly where that body of the shooter was found. Also, just so everybody knows in terms of the investigation, now for what we have, we can continue to not know very much according to the authorities from about this shooter, Thomas Matthews crooks. So far, they're saying he has no Internet presence. They were able to get access, I believe, to his cell phone. But the access to his cell phone apparently did not gleam any insight into his motive. Now, I know a lot of people are saying, well, is obviously his motive was to kill Trump? Yeah, we know, but why for what possible reason? Was he a crank? Was he a suicide by cop? Was he looking for attention? I mean, nobody is particularly mentally stable in this. But I have to be honest Ryan and saying that I have a lot of eyebrows raised so far because I'm seeing I honestly feel very much like I did after the Las Vegas shooting, where you had this horrible massacre Stephen Paddock shooting from the Mandalay Bay Hotel. All of these people are dead and all of the details are crazy. You know, Oh, he just miraculously he's able to, you know, bring all these guns up into his hotel room. He was able to fire for a sustained period of time. He's killed, and then basically we don't hear about it anymore. The FBI is like, yep, we never know why he just did it. So there was speculation about health condition, he had large sums of money. Everything about it is weird. And I'm starting to get a very similar feeling to this. And there's still so many unanswered questions about Las Vegas, and it appears that is the direction that we are heading in right now.
Speaker 3: And basically they had one roof.
Speaker 1: It's not as if, I know, you had a ton of buildings that you had to secure, it's that one roof.
Speaker 3: Now, maybe we find out that it's.
Speaker 1: As simple as there were officers that were supposed to be outside of there, and they got lazy and they walked inside because the sun was beating down on them and they didn't think anything would happen. What I also don't understand, though, is Okay, I understand, maybe not agree, but I understand why. All right, the counter sniper sees the sniper and has them in his sights and is asking for permission to fire and is being told no, because the argument was, well, what if it's somebody with a telescope, you don't want to just you know, you don't kill an innocent person just looking through a telescope.
Speaker 3: But why not take Trump off the stage at that moment?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Why not take him down underneath the podium, Like that's not that big of a deal. The rally can go on, and then you and then you sort out what the problem is the.
Speaker 3: Resistance. The decision not to do that is the one that is just to me just unforgivable, not only unforgivable rhyme.
Speaker 2: But if we have the situation where he's not taken off the stage, where the law enforcement appears to know who he is for thirty minutes they're underneath the building, and then let's not forget the heroic members of the audience who are consistently shouting at these politig he's on the roof, he has a gun, and nothing is being done. Presumably these gentlemen inside of a building would have gotten the heads up about that somebody's going to go do something. And what we know is that there there was only one police officer at least that we know so far, who's able to confront this individual. And when he confronts this individual, he actually retreats down the ladder after he's the gun is pointed at him, and in that moment of retreat is when the shots are fired at Donald Trump. And only by the grace of God literally by turning his head slightly at that moment, do we avoid a not only an assassination on live television, but consider you know, even more of what like we're talking about a literal head explosion in high definition in the twenty first century. This is not you know, this appruder film this It would be oh my god, I can't even begin to imagine.
Speaker 1: And if you piece those things together, in some ways, it feels to me like like his crowd actually saved his life, because you know, by forcing that cop to go up there, that pushed the guy to shoot much faster. Like the reporting that we're getting is that, you know, he pointed the gun at the cop, the cop retreated and then immediately he fired at Trump, which means that he had probably less time than he would have liked to set and aim and then fire. And so then he quickly took his shots and missed. And you're right, like there was a turn of the head and the other other things that statement. Well, but I think the audience intervening made it a more difficult shot for the shooter. So the shooter missing is the thing to save Trump and to the extent that the crowd participated in that, you know, Trump, Trump needs to give some gratitude to his people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly, let's go to the next part here and put this up there on the screen again, just continuing some of the details that we know about that local police officer. You can see we have it tied, we have it cut out the exact quote, and that really does raise again quite a bit of questions about this police officer who retreats down the ladder shoots, you know, towards the former president. And that is when the Secret Service counter snipers some one hundred and thirty six yards away. They have to come in and neutralize the suspect before or he eventually is you know, the rooftop is then secured by some of the police. So still lots of questions that remain here about what happened and some very very troubling details. All right, let's get to the polling section. Let's begin here with the New York Times some stunning new data. They are saying two likely voter screenens in critical states, Pennsylvania and Virginia. So if the twenty twenty four election were held today, who would you vote for if the candidates were Joe Biden and Donald Trump. Pennsylvania is forty eight percent Trump, Joe Biden at forty five, and Biden at a stunning just forty eight percent to forty five.
Speaker 4: In the state of Virginia. Virginia here all eyes.
Speaker 2: In fact, Glenn Youngin was considered a possible vice presidential pick at the last minute by Donald Trump, specifically because of the current nature of the race. Ryan and much of the data that we have here shows Trump running some seven eight points ahead of where he ended up in the twenty twenty election whenever he did run in Virginia. So the political dynamics here of Biden's consequence to stay in the race are really stunning in terms of how they are turning not even purple states frankly, but previously considered light blue into literally on the map and possibly in play.
Speaker 3: What do you make of all of this?
Speaker 1: It's what you would have expected, you know, coming out of the Bay performance that we saw like this is this is what it looks like when the bottom is falling out. You know, we had we had Dimitri Melhorne, the Democratic megadonnan advisor on the on the show That's Friday, who's arguing that, Look, if you look at you know, ABC's five thirty eight, not that Nate Silver one, but five thirty eight, that it's still you know, nationally pretty much within the margin of error. But that's the last thing that Democrats can cling to, you know, real clear politics. Actually Nate Silver's himself, all the other polling averages have it spreading widely away from the margin of era.
Speaker 3: But when you drill.
Speaker 1: Down into the swing states, Trump is just you know, dominant in them, and dominant in a way that we haven't seen either party be you know in a you know, amst maybe almost twenty years or something.
Speaker 3: Maybe you have to go back to Barack Obama.
Speaker 1: Twenty twelve towards the very end, but even that was ended up being a pretty close election because the parties are so closely divided here. You know, these are significant leads, you know, given that context.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go ahea and put this up there on the screen and continue with some of the polling data that we have, because if we dig down, you can actually see how Biden and Harris also fare against Trump. So what do you make of this matchup against Kamala Harris. She's running ahead of Trump in the state of Virginia, are running ahead of Biden, I apologize, at forty nine to forty four in the state of Virginia, whereas Biden is just at forty eight to forty five in Pennsylvania. However, she is also running some two points ahead of Joe Biden. So it is pretty clear that, you know, in a normal race, a normal Democrat could be relatively competitive against Donald Trump, even somebody is not as politically talented as Kamala Harris. But Biden's decision to stay in the race is actively dragging down the ticket.
Speaker 4: If we're looking at something like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Kamala Harris like, like you said, she's not a terribly well liked kind of Democratic candidate. She's she's not you know, she's not even in the kind of you know, Gavin Newsom, Gretchen whit Murder a tear And so when you put her in there and compare her to Biden and see that even she significantly outporn outperforms Biden, it really tells you how much of a drag he is in the ticket. You can also look at, you know, Biden in comparison to senate Democrats across the map. You look at Tammy Baldwin, you know, who's up five or six points on her GOP opponent, He's down five or six points. Like we haven't really seen gaps like that since like the nineteen seventies when you had like favor Sun senators who were just massively popular.
Speaker 3: But the great Democrats were never going to win in the map.
Speaker 1: Since then, you know, in the last ten years, it's been you know, within a point or two, and often with the presidential candidate being the one that's one or two points ahead, the idea that you know, you're trailing ten twelve points behind you know fairly, you know generics senate Democratic candidates, you know, shows you how much weight there is wrapped around his feet.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's continue here with some of the New York Times data about how they want him to drop out. Next part, Please, do you think that Biden should remain the Democratic nominee? Only forty eight percent of Pennsylvania Democrats saying yes, forty six percent saying he should drop out. But look at the Virginia number, Ryan, fifty eight percent of Democrats in Virginia saying that Biden should drop out. Probably explained. I saw by the fact that people like you and me live here around the DMV and we.
Speaker 3: Follow politics very closely.
Speaker 2: So I swear it's kind of like our our native our hometown business. This is literally the economy, especially Democrats in Virginia, you know, disproportionately going to be in northern Virginia. Those people they all work at the Pentagon, they work in consulting, they work for the government. I mean, these are people who live and breathe politics, so they, if anything, the people who know Biden the most and also follow politics the closest, they're like, hey, he needs to go, like right now.
Speaker 3: I found that pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Virginia Democrat in general, you could pull one off the voter file and put them onto this show, and you know they just as fluent in national politics as we would.
Speaker 3: So yes, I think that's exactly right. They've seen that.
Speaker 1: And also they're aware of the polling comparisons, like they're just they're just purely pragmatic.
Speaker 3: They're like, who is going to beat Trump?
Speaker 1: And right now they're looking at it like glass show is not the one that we're putting up against Trump.
Speaker 3: At this moment.
Speaker 2: And sticking also sticking with what you were talking about, we have more data on this point, if we can continue and put this there here. We have a new general election poll from you Gov. We have Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin. Trump is leading literally in every single state. Okay, this is every single state. Trump is up by a minimum of two and a maximum of seven in the state of Arizona. We're talking about blowout victory here in every single battleground. But go to the next one and you'll see how much Joe Biden is dragging down the ticket. In the very same poll, Ryan Ruben Diego is up by eight points, So that's what a fifteen point swing at least slock In up nine.
Speaker 3: Nevada, Jackie Rosen.
Speaker 2: Up seven, Bob Casey is up twelve, Tammy Baldwin is up by seven, and we're looking at an almost ten to twenty point swing in some cases against Donald Trump for the Democratic normal Senate candidate, which just reveals how much Biden is sinking this ticket to the bottom.
Speaker 1: These are all states where the Democratic Party is basically kind of won the argument against trump Ism, Like these were very close states in Arizona and Georgia were more Republican states very recently, but they've all trended towards Democrats in recent year, in recent years to the point where you know, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, you know you're seeing legislative takeovers, you know, gubernatorial takeovers Wisconsin and Michigan enacting like Democrat enacting the Democratic agenda, not even like fighting out with with like split legislatures or grappling with Republicans there. And yet it's like a throwback, like wait a minute, now, Republicans are winning every single one of these states, and it is as simple as Joe Biden, and as he showed on Lester, a whole the news cycle can move on and focused on something else, but that doesn't bring Joe Biden's brain back to life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're very very correct there.
Speaker 2: I think that's just where we'll end it as well too with this last observation and put it up there on the screen, is that just thirty three percent of Democrats are currently satisfied with their party's presidential nominee versus some seventy one percent of GOP voters. So the enthusiasm gap here is just absolutely unbelievable. Ryan, to have only thirty three percent and sixty two percent of Democrats this far into the race. We're talking about the actual general election season now, who are like, Yeah, I don't want Joe Biden to be the nominee. It's just devastating for him, and he is showing us no signs he's going anywhere. Biden gave us series of interviews over the last twenty four hours that have been published. First and foremost was with Lester Holt, like you said, over at NBC News, and he is directly confronted about his age, about looking confused, and he is holding on for dear life, let's take a listen.
Speaker 10: I guess the question is, are you all on the same page of the work? Are you seeing what they saw? Which was moments of frankly to be you've appeared to be confused, Lester.
Speaker 11: Look, why don't you guys ever talk about the eighteen twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Lies he told?
Speaker 11: Where are you on this? Why did the press ever talk about that? Twenty eight times? It's confirmed he lied in that debate. I had a bad, bad night. I wasn't feeling well at all. Man, I had been without him making it. I screwed up.
Speaker 10: But I just asked the question because the idea that you may or may not have seen what some of these other folks have seen. You're not on the same line, I.
Speaker 3: Have to say I was there.
Speaker 12: I just see it.
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 11: By the way, seriously, you won't answer the question, but why did the press talk about all the lies?
Speaker 3: He told?
Speaker 12: I didn't read it about that.
Speaker 10: We have reported many of the issues that you have that debate.
Speaker 3: No you haven't.
Speaker 10: It will provide you with them.
Speaker 12: Oh God love you.
Speaker 10: Okay, who do you listen to on deeply personally issues like the decisions whether to stay in the razor or not me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, First of all, we've talked about this before. Democrats are so great in this with it. But he lied twenty eight times. I'm like, oh, not twenty six, twenty eight, not thirty, not thirty two.
Speaker 4: Where do they even get these numbers from it?
Speaker 1: Like why won't the press talk about Trump's live It's twenty twenty four, Like PRES's been talking about that for eight years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Also nobody cares. But that last question, Ryan, that last answer, what did you make of that man? He is the only person he keeps saying it, the Lord Almighty himself.
Speaker 3: The number of.
Speaker 1: Pieces of kind of Trump attire that he's adorning himself with is just incredible.
Speaker 3: So I alone can fix it, becomes me.
Speaker 1: At his Michigan rally, you had the crowd chanting lock him up and booing the press corps. It's utterly incredible to watch this transformation of and out of this kind of this fear and shock that the man that they thought they had vanquished not only might be coming back but really looks like it's quite plausibly coming back to becoming president. It's just, you know, the brain breaking that we saw during the first Trump administration is now looking mild compared to what we're seeing here.
Speaker 2: He also Ryan went off a little I'm curious what you think of this too, because I've been kind of annoyed about this rhetoric about how everyone's like, oh, we need to tone the rhetoric down, and I'm like, yeah, I mean conceptually, but also we can criticize each other and that's fine. And if you say put Trump in the bulls eye, I'm like, I don't think that you were targeting in for assassination in the same way that I don't think that Sarah Palin was targeting Gabby Gifferin's it's ridiculous. But Biden actually seemed to accept that frame. He was asked about the rhetoric in the interview and he said it was actually a mistake to say to put Trump in the bullseye.
Speaker 3: Take a listen to that answer.
Speaker 10: Well, let's talk about the conversation this has started, and it's really about language, what we say out loud, and the consequences of those You called your opponent an existential threat on a call a week ago. You said it's time to put Trump in the bullseye. There's some dispute about the context. But I think you appreciate I did say crosshairs.
Speaker 12: I was talking about focus on.
Speaker 11: Look, the truth of the matter was, well, I guess I was talking about as the time was, there's very little focus.
Speaker 12: On Trump's Yeah, the term is bullseye was a mistake to youse. I didn't.
Speaker 11: I didn't say crosshairs, bullsey I'm going to focus on him, Focus on what he's doing, Focus on on his policies, focus on the number of lies he told in the debate, focus on I mean, there's there's a whole range of things that Look, I'm not the guy that said I want to be a dictator on day one. I'm not the guy that refused to accept the outcome of the election. I'm not the guy who said that one accept the outcome of this election automatically. You can't only love your country when you win. And so the focus was on what he's saying, and I mean the idea.
Speaker 10: But have you taken a step back and done a little soul searching on things that you may have said that could incite people who are not balanced.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't think.
Speaker 11: Look, how do you talk about the threat to democracy, which is real when a President says things like he says, do you just not say Anthim?
Speaker 12: He's a man insite somebody. Look, I.
Speaker 11: Have not engaged in that rhetoric. Now my opponent's engaged in that rhetoric. He talks about to be a bloodbat if he loses, talking about how he's going to forgive all the Actually, I guess suspend the sentences of all those who were arrested and sentenced to go to jail because of what happened in the capitol. I'm not out there making fun of like I remember the picture of Donald Trump when Nancy Pelosi's husband hip with the hammer going talking about joking about it.
Speaker 3: So what do you make of that? Ryan?
Speaker 2: This is part of why it's annoying me on Biden, the two facedness of it. I think it's fine to engage in normal political rhetoric and criticize one another.
Speaker 3: It's an election.
Speaker 2: We have massive differences between these two parties. But then he's also speaking a little bit out of the out of the side of his mouth.
Speaker 3: What do you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he kind of apologized for the bullseye at first, and then he sort of seemed to be apologizing for not saying crosshairs, which which is the more accurate phrase than bullseye there, but then by the end of it he was defending it, and I think by the end of it that's where you and I both agree with him. That actually, look, yeah, if you think these things about your opponent, then say the things. It's also it's also absurd to think think that the Gabby Giffords shooter looked at an ad that Sarah Palin had put out and was like, Aha, that's interesting, I'm gonna go kill the Gabby Giffords. Yes, And it's also crazy that this twenty year old was just like sitting around and like read a Wall Street Journal leaf of like a private donor call that Biden had where he used the phrase bulls eye and was like, oh, wait, Trump's coming here in a couple of days. I'm going to climb up on the roof and put a bulls eye on him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, that's that's just absolutely absurd.
Speaker 1: Now, Like, does like the the you know, the political heat that has turned up to eleven, you know, make violence more likely.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's that that's.
Speaker 1: Obvious, But you're not turning that down by just policing a little bit of kind of rhetoric here.
Speaker 3: It's it's much more structural and fundamental than that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I've always believed that, you know, people say this all the time.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, your rhetoric is encouraging.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, unless you literally said to go and commit violence, I don't believe that people have agency and individual responsibility for their actions. How many times have people accused us of saying like, oh, you guys have anti semites in your comments. What am I supposed to do about that? I'm controlling the comments section. It's a free country, last time I checked. I don't agree with it, wish you wouldn't say it, but I'm not gonna be like, oh, you gotta ban him or some guilt by association bullshit. And we say that all the time too. There's no control who over here, you know, by the way, to those people don't watch it all right, you don't get rid of I don't care get lost. But even with that, you know, the guilt by association connection is a top tried and true media tactic. And actually that's a good segue because I definitely wanted to get your reaction to this one. Biden, for some reason sat with the complex YouTube channel and was asked about Israel. Is always funny to Presidential candidates often reveal the most with interviewers who give them tons of rope to hang themselves because there's no pushback or anything, and then they say some of the craziest stuff.
Speaker 4: So let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 13: And support for Israel has been unwavering. During the debate. You said that we are the biggest producer of support for Israel of anyone in the world. You also said that we're providing Israel with all the weapons they need and when they need them. Back in April, twenty six billion dollars in aid was sent or was it proved to be sent to Israel?
Speaker 12: Why I said defensive weapons.
Speaker 11: I denied them offensive weapons that are using two thousand pound bombs and the rest because I made it real clear they cannot use weapons that we provide them to in fact use in civilian areas.
Speaker 12: And that's why I put together this plan.
Speaker 13: My question, though, is why is your end United States at the current moments support for Israel so strong.
Speaker 12: Look Israel.
Speaker 11: If there weren't in Israel, every Jew in the world be at risk, Every Jew in the world be at risk, and so there's a need for it to be strong, the need for Israel to be able to have after World War two thesly the ability for Jews to have a place that was their own where you don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist. And the Zionist is about whether or not Israel is a safe haven for Jews because of their history of how they've been persecuted.
Speaker 13: Are you a Zionist?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 11: Now, now you'll be able to make a lot out of that because people don't know the Zionists.
Speaker 12: Do you know what the Zionis is?
Speaker 3: I just asked questions out a way answer.
Speaker 11: By the way, I'm the guy who did more for the Palestinian community anybody. I'm the guy that opened up all the assets. I'm the guy that made that sure that I got the Egyptians opened the border to let good goods to medicine and food. And but what's happening is and I'm the guy who's been able to pull together the Arab States to help agree to help the Palestinians with food and shelter, and so it's not I mean I have been I have been very supportive of the Palestinians.
Speaker 12: But Hamas are a bunch of thugs.
Speaker 11: Hamas is not worthy to I was over there about eight days after the massacre, saw photographs of mothers and daughters being tied in a rope together, the kerosene point of the head and the burn to death. Nothing's happened like that since the Holocaust, and it's just not appropriate.
Speaker 13: By the measure of your support for Israel, Why would a Muslim or an Arab American vote for you for real life?
Speaker 11: The same reason why Arab Americans and the region support me. The same reason why. Because it's the best way to keep peace, the best way to put things together, to make sure that there is a two state solution in the region. And I've been a strong supporter of that, and everything I've done has been I've gotten significant support from Arab countries in the region.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 11: For Look, the idea here is that, for example, I got a call from the Saudiast they want to fully recognize Israel in return if the United States will give them a guarantee that they will provide weapons if they're attacked by other Arab nation, that the one just around the corner, and that we'd allow them to we would put a civilian nuclear facility there, we'd operate, our military, we'd operated, so they can move away from fossil fuels. That's a big game changer in the whole region. I've worked with Alcesi of Egypt, I've worked with the King of Jordan as a friend. So I've been able to work with the Arab countries very well. And I don't have a prejudice bone in my body.
Speaker 12: The Arabs are good people. They need help now.
Speaker 3: All right, So what'd you make of that?
Speaker 6: Ryan?
Speaker 2: He's done more for the Palestinians than everybody and out of jew in the world, be safe.
Speaker 3: That's one of his favorite lines, isn't it?
Speaker 1: He often and he often uses that line, and you often hear people saying, like, we have six seven million Jewish Americans here, isn't it your job as president to make sure that they're safe? Like you're you're just going to completely outsource that. It's it's a it's an atrocious way to think, you and you can't imagine it working Like I mean, it falls apart just on its own. You don't even need to compare it uh to to anything else. But you know, if it is true that he's done more for Palestinians than anybody else in the world. Then you know, you really have to fear for the Palestinians that things have not gone well for them there. At the same same time, what he's talking about is, you know, putting pressure on Israel to allow more aid in.
Speaker 3: But since the.
Speaker 1: Invasion of rafa Uh, the already insufficient aid has collapsed, you know, close to zero up, and the situation has only gotten that much dire And meanwhile it has just completely fallen off a cliff when it comes to at least American attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is also interesting to me about beyond the policy. Just notice how quiet he is when he talks. You can see the age is just shining through. It's funny because in his head he thinks he's doing everybody a favor through these press conferences and these interviews, and it's like nobody disputes your ability to ramble and rattle off facts. It's that while you're doing that, it's like you're whispering constantly. The coughing, the stutters, the confusion about what is happening. These aren't an ideal environment. That's as good as it gets for a presidential interview. Just so people know, zero pushback, zero interview. You know, basically no offense to the guy. But I'm not one hundred percent sur he really even knew what he was talking about there whenever he's pressing him on some of the issues, and so even in that Biden is showing lots of issues. Final thing on the Democratic point, let's put this up there on the screen, is that Nancy Pelosi is apparently making calls and working the phone to try and find a way to ease him off of the ticket. She quote told by people familiar with the exchangency of stage managed phone call. Sir Jeffreys plotted strategies some of the biggest names in democratic politics and told a former elected official blunt leave Biden's legacy can't be destroying their party. So final thoughts, Ryan, what do you think of this? Will it be successful? I don't really think so, but it does give some color to the interview she gave where she opened the space to get rid of Biden.
Speaker 1: Right, She's working it hard and she's still very powerful. Stan Greenberg an ally of hers. It was reported by this good CNN report that Stan Greenberg has been pulling his hair out, trying to get is a D triple C polster like you know, centrist like the establishment figure and good standing. He has all of the analysis of why by and can't win and why they need to replace them that he's just trying to He's just trying to puncture the bubble of Biden's inner circle, and the rhetoric is turning to and the strategy is turning to reminding his in the inner circle.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know that they are complicit in this and that if they continue pushes forward, they're going to pay a price as well. Biden won't have much of a price to pay, you know, his well we'll see how long he has to pay that price. But his aids, many of them you want to work in Democratic Party politics, you know the rest of their careers and people are there, they're being reminded, you know, they're putting that in jeopardy.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, all right, we'll see, Uh.
Speaker 2: Programming note, guys, just scheduling wise, We're going to go ahead and get to our interview with Bradley Moss. Don't worry, you won't be hard up for RFK news, as Emily is literally sitting down with him today for an interview, So we will have that interview emailed out to all of our premium subscribers and uploaded to our channel. So RFK News being tabled on this story. Uh, the the RFK news for this story be tabled, but she will be doing that interviewing. We'll bring it to everybody else. Let's go ahead and get to the documents. Turning now to the document's dismissal, we have Brad MOS's friend of the show joining us. Good to see you man, Thank.
Speaker 3: You for coming.
Speaker 6: Absolutely good more.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Okay, So let's talk about this dismissal and just explain the basics of what's happening here. Let's put this up there on the screen. The judge, Florida Judge Eileen Cannon has dismissed the Trump Classified Documents case on the grounds that Special Counsels Jack Smith's office, according to her, is unconstitutional. Can you give us the legal rationale for the judge's decision and some of the background that led to this dismissal.
Speaker 6: Sure, So this is a strictly procedural issue.
Speaker 14: None of this has to deal with the merits of what was alleged against Donald Trump or his code of fendants. The premise of the challenge was that the Office of Special Counsel the appointment of Jack Smith, is not permissible in its current structure on under what are called the appointment's clause and the appropriation's.
Speaker 6: Clauses in the US Constitution.
Speaker 14: The basic idea is that Jack Smith is not a proper inferior officer, as it's termed. He's too independent from Merrick Garland and Joe Biden, He's not properly placed in that position, and that Congress did not delegate to the Justice Department the ability to create this position and put Jack Smith there. It's not concluding that the Just Department otherwise couldn't have brought this case. It's simply saying Jack Smith's and Jack Smith's office is not permissible under these constitutional provisions. It had to been brought by the Justice Department or through a proper legislative appointment. It can't be done this way, and the funding he was relying upon is impermissible. This ruling flies in the face of twenty years of institutional president and case law, flies in the face of what came out of the Mueller cases when there were similar challenges.
Speaker 6: But this is what Judge Cannon.
Speaker 1: Concludeday, is it as absurd as it sounds? Is there is there anything to this? Because I mean, this would see the other case tossed out.
Speaker 3: It just sounds ridiculous. But I'm not a lawyer. Is it ridiculous?
Speaker 6: So here's the thing.
Speaker 14: Lawyers don't ever like to say something is completely ridiculous unless they're brazenly biased.
Speaker 6: I'll say it's out there. It's a rogue decision in my view.
Speaker 14: Can I say that this Supreme Court would just laid out that really wild immunity ruling two weeks ago, won't.
Speaker 6: Back this up?
Speaker 14: Who the heck knows? I'll say there's no precedent for what she concluded. Muller, who was a private citizen at the time he was brought in, was challenged by.
Speaker 6: The exact same provisions.
Speaker 14: Both the District Court and the DC Circuit rejected those challenges. These every single one of these appointments over the last twenty years since the regulations were put in place in the aftermath of the Independent Council Statute, all those appointments were challenged. All of those challenges were rejected. Judge Cannon has basically relied upon various dissenting opinions from just this is Alito and Thomas in different Supreme Court rulings to try to craft her rationale. This will now go to the Eleventh Circuit. The Eleventh Circuits already rejected Judge Cannon now analysis on mission issues twice.
Speaker 6: We're going to see what they think of this analysis.
Speaker 2: So, Brad, we saw there was one clip. Crystal flagged this actually and wanted to ask you about it. Maybe we can play it for you. It's Barbara mcquaide. She's a lawyer talking about how this could be quote, a blessing in disguise.
Speaker 3: Let's play it. I want to get your reaction.
Speaker 15: Well, look, I think it's a terrible decision. I think it's absolutely wrong on the merits. But going forward, I think this could actually be a blessing in disguise because it gives Jack Smith an opportunity to appeal the case immediately. So many of these other decisions were within the judge's discretion as she was slow walking the case. But this is one where it's immediately appealable, and I think she is so clearly wrong on the law that the Eleventh Circuit will reverse.
Speaker 3: Now Donald Trump.
Speaker 15: Probably goes to the Supreme Court, and we have to wait for a decision there. But even if ultimately the Supreme Court rules in favor of Donald Trump, the case is not over all. That means is a special Council can't bring this case. There is nothing then to stop the US Attorney in the Southern District of Florida from bringing this case. Now, certainly it means lengthy delay. There will be no trial before the election. But I think we were headed in that direction anyway. He could even decide the Justice Department to take this out of the Special Council's hands and go directly to the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida, refile the case immediately, and get back on track, perhaps with a different judge.
Speaker 3: So what do you make of that? And that argument?
Speaker 14: So most of what she said is basically accurate in the sense that this will get a peal of eleven Circuit. I fully expect Eleventh Circuit to reverse. I have no idea what the Supreme Court will say. I'm skeptical that, at least for now, especially in the next few months, that the Justice Department is going to try to refile the case through the US Attorney's office or anything like that.
Speaker 6: It would look brazenly political. There's no to it.
Speaker 14: There's not going to be a trial before the election anyways. This will still have to play out over the coming months. But putting that part aside, the just Department as a whole, as an institution, isn't going to want to just lay down and accept the idea that Judge Cannon decides that twenty years of established institutional and legal precedent is thrown out the window when it comes to special counsels.
Speaker 6: This is what they've done. This is what they put into place after.
Speaker 14: The Independent Council days and the wild days of Ken Starr. They wanted to have an established process that kept it in house. They're going to want to fight this up, at least to the Supreme Court. We'll see what Supreme Court says. If the Supreme Court says otherwise, then is.
Speaker 6: A whole new ballgame. We'll see what Justice does at that point.
Speaker 3: Got it now?
Speaker 6: One question just.
Speaker 1: Curious what the kind of politics of the judiciary are here. What is how does it benefit a judge like an Eileen Cannon and not maybe not talk specifically about her, but how does it benefit a judge like Eileen Cannon to be so far out there, you know, against precedent, like what does this do for a judge's kind of politics as they're trying to rise up through the ranks.
Speaker 14: So it's always the idea of, you know, the feverish descent, someone who's trying to craft a new way of approaching these legal policies, saying I know this is how you've always done. It doesn't mean it's right. I have a different ideological and constitutional analysis that I believe is appropriate here. I'm going to strike out here and outline what I believe to be the correct interpretation. Even if she gets overruled, which I expect she will, it lines her up on the idea kind of what you're hinting at, that a future Republican president, whether it's Donald Trump or somebody else, might look at her as someone who views the Constitution and the authorities outlined there more along that sort of unitary executive style and less along those bureaucratic state of what we've seen over the last two to three decades. It goes back to the idea that Donald Trump will pushed that everything runs through him. The Office of the President can hire and fire the special counsel at any time, and that all these regulations mean nothing. It all comes down to Article two and nothing more.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 2: Well, very interested to see how this goes and the eleven circond eventually to scot Is.
Speaker 3: My final question is just on timing.
Speaker 2: This thing was already getting kicked, right, Brad, This is just going to extend this even if it does get brought eventually to trial. What dates are we even looking at now? Twenty twenty five, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 14: You're probably looking at twenty twenty five, and that's only if Donald Trump loses. If Donald Trump wins, these cases, the DC case and the Florida case are gone. They're going to be dismissed immediately upon him entering office. And then all we've got left is the Georgia case, which is a whole slew of problems of how to handle a state prosecution of an in common president.
Speaker 10: But if he.
Speaker 14: Loses, you're looking at both those cases sometime in twenty twenty five. Who knows exactly when there's a slew of pre trial issue still the flesh out, got it?
Speaker 2: Well, We appreciate it as always, Brad, thank you for joining us of course anytime. Thank you guys so much for joining us. We appreciate it. As I said, my wedding is on Saturday. By the way, for those who are confused, Yes, I had an Indian ceremony last year. That was just for my family in India, my grandparents. I'm glad I did it because one of my grandparents actually died, my grandfather, just two days ago, so very got lucky on the timing, not necessarily for that Indian ceremony. My US wedding, friend's family and everybody will be on Saturday, so I'm going to be off until next Wednesday. Luckily, Ryan and Emily will be filling in on Thursday and they'll bring everybody the news. We'll keep everybody updated on Crystal. We're hoping and that everything is going to be okay there, but we expect it to be. Just bear with us and we'll get you the news as fast as we possibly can.
Speaker 4: We love you and we will see you all later.