Speaker 1: The Nicki Gleiser Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's me. I'm Nicki Glazer. It's nick Lazer Podcast Special Edition. This is one that I would think, if you're not a swiftye, You're probably not gonna have a good time, or you might. It might be a case study of a swifty if you're interested in how the brain of a swifty works. But like you gotta be on board. I think to listen to this, so I don't want any new listeners. I know I have a lot of new Nikkei Glazer podcast listeners. I don't if you are coming into the show and you're like, what is this? This is a Taylor Swift torture Poets Department gush session is what we've called them. It is me and my friend Nora Hadidi, comedian out of Toronto. Toronto or Toronto.
Speaker 1: You know what. I saw you online with something like this and you got it right. It's Toronto. You'd got it right, Nikki.
Speaker 2: I never know if I'm getting it right. It's one of those words that when I say it, I kind of just guess fifty to fifty. I know which options I have because there is a Toronto. There is a tea at the end that I want to pronounce, and I don't like that you just blow through it. It's not it's a silent tea. It is the way you guys pronounce it, and it bugs me. But I was corrected when I went to Toronto that I'm saying it wrong. But I also get Vegas wrong. Now that's imprinted in my head. Now I don't have to think about it. But it used to. I used to say Vegas oh, and people called me out for it. And then I have a new one, which is encapsulate. I now know what to do, but I never knew until last night. I finally was like, Nick, you need to look this up, because every time you say encapsulate, you want to say in caps shoe late, like I want to put a show, and that is not it. That might be the Canadian way you say it because you guys throw you in the cap. Yeah, yeah, it sounds good coming from your Canadian accent. It sounds right. But yeah, well, we might use that word today because we're going to use a bunch of heady words as we make our way through Torture Poets Part three. I had to we haven't done this podcast since before the roast I think before my life changed.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for you, but I did miss you. I was like, I want my friend back, to send me back.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, I know I really did. Yeah, Because we just send Taylor Swift memes all the time, all day long, like four at a time. Sometimes I'll come to like eight and I just get like to like, I do the same thing to my friend Anya, who the besties know but and you know too. I do that with Anya where I'll give her like eight to watch and I'm like, this is overkill, but she does watch them all and yours. I go, I've seen a lot of them because I'm getting the same content. But I've come across some really interesting things from you, and it's just so nice to have someone to send my interesting things. Because here's something I just want to talk about at the top of the show. I am jealous of people who have other Swifties in their immediate lives that they can be in a car with and sing Taylor Swift to who they can talk about face to face, because although I have someone in my life who is as big of a Swifty as me, nor like, we don't hang out enough to like really gush and that's when the times you've been on the road with me have been so special because we just talk about Taylor the whole time, and kind of anyone else in the room is hostage to this conversation. Get that gets really emotional and they laugh themselves. They look at each other and laugh, like Anya and Matt will kind of like look at each other like all right, they're going. Nikki's like because we talk about her like she's our best friend because she is. Yeah, But I just like I saw this. Did you see the video of the two girls singing. I guess they were doing the Bridge to the Smallest Man who Ever Lived in their car, which has been my obsession this week. If you want to ask what my favorite Taylor Swift Torture Poets song this week is, it is the Bridge till the End of the Smallest Man who Ever Lived? Not even the first parts I just skipped to. I keep replaying the bridge, but anyway, they were singing it together and it looked so much fun. I want to sing that bridge with someone so fucking bad in person, in real time, and I don't have that in my life. There's no one who is going to learn that. And I feel like I feel really mad about it sometimes because I'm like, I have this thing that I just kind of share with people online and obsess over, but like I want someone in person. I think I need to like just bring Like I don't have room for you on my shows a lot of time because I have too much openers, but I should just bring you, just like keep me company and like be It's such a big part of my personality. I feel like it's an important thing that I need in my life. So can you move to Saint Louis and just talk to me about daylor Swift on a daily basis and come over and.
Speaker 1: Sing absolutely anything that gets me closer to Kansas City is It's okay with me? I know.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, can we talk about Travis saying that if he's ever roasted, he wants me to roast him?
Speaker 1: Nikki, I lost it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe much. I wasn't surprised because I knew him, because I've worked on a show with him already, and like we had a good rapport and I knew he respected me comedically, so that didn't surprise and I had a good set and everyone was saying that, But what he did for me is that if he ever does one, no one can like he's already booked me on his roast, like it's gonna happen. I don't have if he Travis Kelcey ever does a roast, which I think he's down to do based on him saying that I'm already booked, like I have a job waiting for me, and I've never had that prior to a job even existing. But I was just like that to me, there's some cool things that celebrities can do for each other or people like just anyone can do for each other. And it's like saying, if I do this thing, I'm gonna have this person on, Like he just gave me a job and invested in me in a way that he doesn't even have to follow through on, you know. But it's a nod of confidence in my direction. That's just generous. And I've gotten so many of those from so many people who have microphones in front of their faces. So I want to shout out to Travis for just being saying my name on his podcast is like a nice thing to do in this business, and it was coming from a sincere place because he's a sincere guy. By the way. I'm sorry. I'm just like on one today, but I have so much in my heart and soul about Swift, so things keep coming up and I'm like, ooh, and I just have to say it before I forget it. I saw I maybe I send it to you. I don't think I did. Know this was on Reddit, so I didn't have an immediate like DM of you. Because usually on Instagram, if I see something that's juicy boom, it's right away, but Reddit's a little more complicated. I should have sent it, though, but I'm glad I get to tell you now. When she says, uh, in so high school, which we'll get to today, we might be all over the map, because uh that's just the way this goes. And she says, uh, you already know, babe, Like you already know, babes through that whole thing. Did you see it?
Speaker 1: Yes, do something?
Speaker 2: He said, yeah, I know. It's so cute, so it's so fun to find it. And someone found it in an article. He did it, I think in Vanity Fair and he says you already know. He says you already know so many times in it. I didn't read it, but that's what I read, like the comments underneath it, and people had read it and said he says it a lot in the interview, and oh my god, I am just like, it's the cutest fucking thing. That song is so cute. I'm obsessed and you already know. Babe is like, so I can't wait to see a compilation that someone puts together of him saying that, like you know, in interviews and stuff, and like, I love the the things we're finding out about these songs four weeks in. I think we are five weeks into this album, and that the stuff that's still being uncovered that she's giving us. We haven't even gotten into Era's tour Torture Poets department. I know, I know, I can't even I'm I mean, it's it's next level, Like let's jump in. Are you like, how are you feeling about it?
Speaker 1: I love it so much. At first, At first, I was like, because I'm so used to just watching the Aras tour, it took me a while to realize that this was a new segment. Like I had to wrap my mind around it, if that makes sense. Yeah, And and for some reason, I was fixated on the clothes, like that was initially what I was like, upset.
Speaker 2: Me and I'm sassed. Love the skirt and the dress in the bodice, Oh my god, obsessed with it? And then I love it. I love it all. I mean, she just can't do any wrong to me. I just I was.
Speaker 1: I was surprised at some of the songs she chose because I feel like she chose these songs before the album was out, so she did not know what people are going to gravitate to.
Speaker 2: Do you think, yes, I don't know. I mean it's I she had five weeks, four and a half weeks to get these things choreographed. Like she probably knew three days in what the hit songs were, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, from release you're saying, yes.
Speaker 2: From release, she has three days. Now I'm not. I'm saying like, this girl knows what like, she knows what she's doing, so I wouldn't. Of course, she's probably like had clear favorites. But I have thirty one songs to nail. This many prior to the album coming out doesn't seem likely to me. And it's not because she's not a genius. It's just as like she is. I think she's giving the fans what they want, and she waited for our reaction, because that's enough time to choreograph this. Even though it is so well choreographed, and it is so she is so on point, and it is the I think it is the Maybe it's because it's newer, but I think it's the best era really of the tour. And I've seen the tour twelve times have not seen this part, so it could be based on the fact that it's just new to me. But I love the transition to so high School from but Daddy I love him. The only thing that I'm looking for that I was disappointed in. But actually I think I'm starting to really like it is. You know, I we talked about but Daddy, I love him. Where she's like, I'm having his baby. No, I'm not Boom that part where it goes boom. I want like a big moment there, So when she's walking it, she goes, I'm having his baby and then she turns around so I'm not. And then she turns back around on boom and it's good, but it's not. It's not an I wanted a really big moment in that, but then I actually think then she does sheep. You know, if you've seen the transition from but daddy, I love him into So High School. It keeps going like I'm having his baby, No I'm not. And then she twirls her hair and starts getting into So High School and she walks forward and then she walks over to the bleacher and then I love how they didn't really see So High School coming the crowd at least yeah, because it perfectly transitions. She's like I She's like, she just goes, I feel So High School and you like hear them on the high they know it. They didn't know it from the first, like noe. She that was probably so fun for her to be like what are they gonna do when they first hear it. So that's a fun moment to watch her.
Speaker 1: Love stairs on So High School. And you sent me I did not the bleachers, the bleachers on bleachers, And you sent me this incredible photo of like how the moves from So High School are from her at the games.
Speaker 2: Yes, so at the very end, because I've watched the choreography a bunch and I'm like, where are they doing this moment where they're all one is pointing, one's going oh, the other is like they're all all her dancers are doing different movements right, like it kind of like poses like pointing towards the field or whatever. And I'm like, at what point does this happen? It happens that I believe at the end, at the very end, she's like, you already know, babe. And then if they all hit it, because during the thing they have a great dance. I'm so into Uh, you know how to ball on no air? And she does that roll forward? How fun is that? Like I love her choreography as someone who isn't the strongest dancer, like I feel like if I work very, very very hard, I could learn some of it. But she is an amazing dancer. Like I I am so in awe of how far she has come on this tour in terms of making these dances her own and and and they they are. She has has her own style of dance now, like she has been doing dancing now for so long. She hasn't been doing it as long as she's been playing guitar or writing songs or singing. But she is at the point now where she is becoming a very good dancer and very like in her body, like just comfortable dancing. And she's even made fun of herself for being an act or dancer before. And I have to say that is fallen away like she is crushing these moves. She is so on point. I've been trying to learn the bridge to the Smallest Man who Ever Lived, which is the song that was coming up next for us to dive into. So why don't we just do it now? Yes, the Smallest Man who Ever Lived, which I did not even realize was possibly a dick joke, oh until so late. Well where she goes, uh uh, you treat her, you treat her like and also ran you didn't measure up in any measure of a man, in any measure. I mean, she's at least seeing it there. And by the way, this is actually good for like let's say it's about a guy with a micro penis, like literal micro. I don't think that's what she's saying. But let's say I have a big problem with women making fun of men for having small penises, and I don't think that's what she's doing here, because I think you can be in relationship with a man with a small penis and have a more satisfying sexual relationship than one with a big dick. I think it's actually more likely that you will. But so I don't like small penis shaming, but I like this because if this is about someone who all a lot of the songs are about this person, she was desperately in love with and the problem with the relationship was not possibly that he'd a small penis. So if if I was a man with a small penis and heard this song and was like, that's fucked up Taylor's calling him a guy with a small dick, I'd be like, but she was madly in love with that guy with a small dick, and they you know what I mean. So I kind of I like when there's mentions of small penises in a way that's not disparaging.
Speaker 1: Right, You're like, it's part and parcel of you. It's not a reason why, but it is.
Speaker 2: It could be. It could be a reason why you are the way you are. It could be because men are stigmatized so much for small penises by society, which is what I'm trying to like rally against. They feel less then, and so they can have personality traits probably based on that. But I was like, oh I at first, I was like, I don't think this is about as a guy with a small dick. And then I read that line and I was like, I think it is and the Smallest Man who ever lived is just it's such.
Speaker 1: A great title, it really is.
Speaker 2: It's so it just is so evocative of the kind of person she's singing about.
Speaker 1: She's not afraid to go there, you know, like even now she does it with such grace, but she's like, this is the truth. She's not afraid to cut you up, but she's like, dude, I mean, you got what you deserved. I was inspired by her.
Speaker 2: I think it was so opportune that this came out as I was preparing for the roast, because I was like, she didn't fucking hold back at all. Yes, Like she just told the truth. So if you just do that and you can be vicious and adorable at the same time.
Speaker 1: And you were, Nikki, you especially when you would say sorry after like that was so endearing.
Speaker 2: It was like so real and j honestly what I am most proud of myself about about this roast, And I think that is the best choice I made. And I didn't even make it as a choice. That was not part. I never did that during my sets that I was running it that's the only time I ever said sorry, because I really did feel sorry, and it felt like, Okay, I'm actually bringing more truth to this moment by totally undercutting it, yeah than I would if I was just hitting it. So it I was glad I made that choice. But I think that that's, you know, just as an artist, finding ways fresh ways to be authentic. Even though I'm like, oh, these roast jokes are real, I'm saying the truth. It's like, what's the real truth? Though I have to say these people's faces and I feel bad about it. Yeah, that's kind of the real truth. So thank you for saying that. I saw a clip of it, and I didn't realize I did it. I mean I knew at the time I was doing it, and I was like, oh, you're doing this new thing that you never did, but it feels right. But then watching a clip, I was like, oh, that's really I come across as myself in this more than I said I've ever seen. Like that's real. The real me is that person that was like, I hate that I have to do this. So that was I was glad I'd made that choice, So thank you for saying that. Okay, the smallest man who ever lived. I have been trying to learn the choreography to the ending where she's marching, where you send by someone who won me dead? Do you sleep with the guy? And I've learned all of the hand movements. I've learned where she gets shot. I have learned where she gets shot again. I have learned where she her hand, her her feet, her knees touched the ground, where her hand then touches the ground. Then she comes back up again and she's like, you kicked down the stage lights, but you're still performing, and he didn't play, And then she falls play inside she hit you are what you did? I'll forget you, and she is. I love this version because she is all over the map vocally, because she like will all of a sudden go like like the way she sings it on this the album track, I think she stays in that lower zone the whole time. But when she goes, and there's maybe background vocals that are hitting these notes. But in the live one, she goes and you'll confess why you did, Like in fifty years, will do this be all declassified and you'll confess why you did it? And I'll say good reddance, and she like she almost like hits a different key on that one, and then but you won't, You'll slip through. And then when she gets shot. I mean, this performance is my favorite performance since Britney Spears I Can't Get No Satisfaction VMAs two thousand and then Lady gagas Paparazzi VMAs two thousand and maybe nine or something. I want to say, those two are my favorite live performances ever. And then in Eras, my favorite is the August transition into It's what's it called Illicit Affairs? And then also my Tears Ricochet, and if you want to know what the common theme to all of these are is that she falls on her knees. I love just collapsing in song of like it being so emotional that you collapse. It's so it's so I've like never loved something as much as this video. And I keep watching, making people watch it, and no one is into it as much as I am, and I can't even get people to be as into it. I keep going, like to find it. I go back to our feed where I shared it with you, because as soon as I saw it, I was like, finally like a close up angle that's the other thing. Can someone get go to a concert. I will pay you to go to a Taylor Swiths concert with a and hold your phone steady and track her in a way like people I film her at shows, and I just say I'm very good at it. I'm very good at capturing. I should put some of my stuff like I've captured some of the best close up stuff from fan angles that I've ever seen because I watch it all and I need people to hold their phones a little bit more steady for us when you are in a good position to catch her going down that catwalk. And here's another tip. If you're going to can I just give some aras tour tips please?
Speaker 1: I was just gonna tell I'd make this a real even like put it out there.
Speaker 2: Eras tour tips for filming. You pick the screen or pick her all right, let's not go back and forth. And can I just say, when in doubt, pick the screen. They're gonna go off of her a couple times here and there, don't freak out and go back to her on the stage. Just get it now. If you are gonna film her, which I do think you should, if you're on the floor seats if you have seats that are I would say twenty five rows back or closer. Go on, watch her from the film on the floor. Hold your phone in a way that you're like, okay, just steady with both hands, and make sure that you put it on a mode actually you don't need both hands, but put it on when you tap on it. Make sure like you can toggle the darkness and the brightness with a little sun. There's a toggle that you can go through the whole thing, but I would just put it on kind of low after it gets dark because she's gonna light up in the middle of it then, and just zoom in on her and hold it really steady. And if someone's hand comes in front of your camera, like just like just leap slowly kind of try to find a way out of it. Don't just immediately going, oh, where is she, because you're so zoomed in that you're not gonna find her very quickly unless you keep it on her. So that is just a couple tips, I'm sure that. And also find one person, like if I've seen Aristore enough that I'm like when I go with people, I go, don't worry about filming her, okay, Like I got you, I'll film all the parts you need to know. Just enjoy the shows your eyes. You're not gonna get a better shot than me. You're right next to me, and I've done this a bunch of times. I know where she is on the stage. I know where to get it. So I suggest taking someone like me. That's obviously I'm joking, but I would just a.
Speaker 1: Great service to provide people. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I also think like you don't. I would just kind of be in the moment and I would capture some moments, but try like most of her has been captured from all angles and you don't need it. But I would study if you have seats where she goes, what part of the stage she goes to for each song, and when she's gonna get closest to you, and just get ready for those moments so you're not constantly on your phone when she's like, you know, not near you, and then you don't panic when she starts walking towards you. I would always I would panic, you go like shit, she's coming back, and then I miss her even being close to me because I'm pulling up my phone. So that's something I wish I would have done. But I really do need people to shoot better footage of but Daddy, I love him, and so high School and the smallest man who ever left? And I don't even know what the fuck is going on for the Torture Poets Department choreography because I can't find a decent video of that. The bed is tilted, it's moving around, she's flying around, one of that hot dancer guys like tilted. I haven't really studied that choreography yet, but it's it's so good. What have been your favorite highlights of the ttpd eras?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a hard question, Nikki. I love so I love it all so much. I love the easter egg of how the bed from Tortured Poets is kind of similar to the bed that she had and you belong with me.
Speaker 2: I saw that that was such a Sometimes I go, did she mean that or is that just like the same art director, and they like, of course.
Speaker 1: She did, of course she did. And how much.
Speaker 2: Stuff do you think we're missing? I had this. I had a new thing. A thing occurred to me the other night because I think some stuff she doesn't know we're gonna get. So she hits this over the head with it. But she only thinks that because we She probably has tried to give us messages that we've missed that no one's gotten. And I was thinking, if I ever got like, this is a question, I'll post to you if you ever got to ask her one question. She has to tell you, the absolute tell you, and it's a secret you will keep forever and you'll like she can trust you with it. What do you want to know?
Speaker 1: In the Me music video? Why does this snake have its left eye crossed over? And like shut?
Speaker 2: Wait? In the what in the Me music video? Yeah? Wait, there's a snake in me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it turns into a butterfly in the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, yes, Now I haven't revisited that video in a while.
Speaker 1: So that snake's I is visibly the left one is visibly like close.
Speaker 2: That's what you want to know?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Is that crazy? Yes?
Speaker 2: It's been driving me crazy for years now okay, okay, that's good. But don't you want to know something juicier, like what happened with you? And whatever? Like that's what I want to mine. Mine would have been if we're just doing like a swifty like fan level, like we're not allowed to know too much. I want to know what the fuck question is about? Heally, but I want to know where this kiss happened. What did I just can't wait to meet her, be friends with her someday and be like, girl, we got to talk about this and like, wait, did you ever find out if he knew it was about?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: And how fun was it knowing that he? Like, I can't wait to just talk to her someday about all of this stuff and how fucking great it must feel to write about people who have hurt you and know they have to hear it. It's so good, and to just get your revenge in this way where you're like the bell of the ball and everyone's singing this song and this guy is gonna be haunted by it. I mean, I've seen memes before where it's like girls saying that I know my exes every time they hear a Taylor Swift song, they're gonna think.
Speaker 1: Of me, of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I love it too, because that's the gift she given us of Like, if you're a big enough fan, she's everywhere and they're gonna always have to think about us. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like she started that trend really early on with like you should Have Said No from Debut and Better than Revenge, I feel like is the anthem of that of like yes, I have the last word. I write these bangers that everyone's going to listen to and they're about you and there's nothing you can do about it, Like yes, I love that.
Speaker 2: It's so good. I used to write jokes when I would about guys and sometimes they would be in the room, and it was so fucking satisfying.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Success, success in getting laughter about something that's mocking them and only they know it's them is just so satisfying. I don't even I don't like when people know who I'm talking about. I want them to be the only one and to know that I'm like that everyone's laughing at them. It would be it's a sick thing, but it feels so good. Oh God, So the smallest man whoever lives? Okay, yeah, it's definitely about who I don't ever say it to about You can say those names, but I'm not saying names. Jehovah's witness suit. We kind of that's painting a picture. Tried to buy some pills from a friend of friends of mine. I like the fact that she has friends who have friends that are drug deal drugs. I mean, this is an edgy Taylor Swift we haven't seen before.
Speaker 1: She's being honest.
Speaker 2: She started talking, of course, we all have friends mine that that are friends with drug dealers, and I like that she is too. That's cool. They just go So this is where we think that this guy ghosted her. They just ghosted you, now you know what it feels like.
Speaker 1: Yes, ghosted her, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yes, he uh that's I want details on that so badly.
Speaker 1: I feel like he got on a plane and then she just never heard from him.
Speaker 2: Why where do we get the plane thing from that? Because I've heard that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went to like a show or like went back to England and then I don't remember where I read it, but I just feel like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's been part of the narrative for me, as well as this plain thing. But I guess that's like how they would ever meet up is like they they it's they don't drive to each other, they just plain to each other because that's yeah, they're both on the tour. I don't even want you back. I just want to know if rusting my sparkling summer was the goal. Oh my god, and I don't miss what we had, but would someone give a message to the smallest man whoever left? Okay, so like this is where she's solidly being like I don't want to be with you like, which you know, I think is an is a point that needed to be made because it was a little unclear before of like this guy just hurt her, because there's been times when I've been hurt my guys, and I would totally I acted. I'm acting like I'm really mad. But there's a there's a little door that's left open, and she's always closing big door.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? It's like the door is open, please come back.
Speaker 2: They have to put their shoe and the kind of go like you know, yes.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I like. I mean, I'm sorry if I'm skipping ahead. But with I'm going to get you back. It's like whether I'm going to kill you or marry you, I'm gonna get you back.
Speaker 2: And it's like, oh my god, I did not know that double on Condra, Like what I'm gonna get I'm gonna get revenge, Like I'm gonna get you back. I did not even think about that. Oh really, idiot. No, I mean it's I'm okay with not getting it because it's so in your face. This is what I'm talking about. Like Taylor sometimes has things are so blatant, and that was a question I would want to ask her recently, is like, what's the most obvious thing that you're like, I can't believe they didn't see it, and like, because you know there's something where that is glaring and we're all missing it. I know it.
Speaker 1: I saw this video last night that said the video that has the most Easter eggs. She said, there's like maybe hundreds or thousands is look what you made me do? And I still, for the life of me, don't know what she's talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, some some of these messages are just we'll never know because she's never confirmed or denied anything. That's why I have to say, thank you, Amy. We think it's about you know who what. We have no confirmation and I will I will, you know, we can. We only can suspect about almost like every we don't have details about it. She's never confirmed anyone. Her songs are about anyone, so there's always pausible deniability. Even though she did capitalized k I am, and it's I'm like yeah, and.
Speaker 1: She used to capitalize in her like old lyrics. Yeah, little coded messages for us to know it's.
Speaker 2: About sneaky smallest man. I want to think about any other lyrics. I mean, oh god, just I would have died for your sins, but instead I just died inside. Oh my, I love because it wasn't sexy once it wasn't forbidden. Okay, this is an interesting part. And you'll confess why you did it, and I'll say good riddance. So this is later, fifty years later, it's going to be declassified. He'll confess why he did it, and she'll say good riddance. That's interesting. She she'll say it then, or she'll say it now. Yeah, she'll just go whatever, but she says, and I'll say good riddance because it wasn't sexy one, it wasn't forbidden. Now, this makes me think that she might be someone who thought it wasn't sexy once it wasn't forbidden.
Speaker 1: Oh I did not even think of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why that makes me think that like it because I'll say good riddance, because I mean, she's talking about something because because of what she did, she'll say good riddance because it wasn't sexy once, it wasn't forbidden. So she's admitting that. I think a little bit here that she might be part of the problem. It's right high on the problem.
Speaker 1: It's me, yes, you're right that like I liked it, Yes, no, you're And.
Speaker 2: Then I like that someone called this out in a review I saw, which I thought was funny, but I think Taylor is in on it. You said normal girls were boring, but you were gone by the morning, and it's like, does that mean you're boring? Taylor like? Did he like? It's It's kind of a funny two sentences to put together. I don't think she meant it that way, but I also think that she is. She might have like she might have been like, we does that mean you think I was boring? You kicked out the stage lights but you're still performing? I mean that's I think there's the footage of him kicking out stage lights possibly.
Speaker 1: Oh is there? I mean, how could I not be?
Speaker 2: I think it's just a guy who's causing a ruckus on stage, okay, or you know, you're making things go so things are going dark? And you're still You're still performing.
Speaker 1: Way I thought about it was like you kicked off the stage lights because her and they were in a relationship that was on a world stage, so you didn't want the attention. But you're still in the public eye. You're still performing, right, you're still dating publicly?
Speaker 2: Oh interesting and in place in sight your head, But you are. But you are what you did is such a good line, so simple, but so fucking good.
Speaker 1: And it's like, yeah, all these excuses I made for guys I've dated, and it's like, no, you are what you did. They are the decisions that they've made and the things that they've done. It's not separate.
Speaker 2: And I'll forget you, but I'll never forgive. So, I mean, I feel like we've heard. I'm like, how have we not heard? All the way she works language in new ways that maybe I'm naive to think this is the most amazing poetry I've ever read, but it to me, it truly is. And she is just doing stuff with words that I just like in phrases. I love how she just takes an old, worn phrase and makes it deconstruction, it deconstructs it and makes it new again. I'll forget you, but I'll never forgive It reminds me of when Lauren Conrad said to Heidi Montag the Hills, I'll forgive you. Wait, I forgive you. I don't forgive you. We know I'll forgive you, and I want to forget you. Yes, Oh that was so. That was such a good.
Speaker 1: Moment with the tear going down her eye.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one little tear. Oh my god. Want a little uh droplet of vizin that they put in right before the shot. And I'll forget you, but I'll never forget the smallest man who ever lived. Okay, upside, Let's get to the next song because we're Oh, I have to go to break again. I'm gonna put in a break before, but we're gonna cut all this out. Sorry, okay, before we get to the next song. God, I thought we were gonna get through more today, but we're not. We're gonna go to break. We'll be back after this with what's next?
Speaker 1: The Alchemy?
Speaker 2: The alchemy? Ooh, who are we to fight it? We'll be back after this. All right, we're back. Let's talk about the Alchemy. Travis Kelsey said this is one of his favorite songs because it's about him, bitch, and so high School and blank Space. I saw a meme that was like, even Travis Kelsey has songs about him and he has to admit Blank Space fucking is the best song ever. Yeah, it rolls. Yeah, I loved that, and yeah, Alchemy is definitely about him. Uh, let's let me look at the lyrics, because it's this and so high School kind of blend together for me. Even though I'm listening to SO, I always have a lot.
Speaker 1: More so high School was took the place of this song, and then the Alchemy was on the anthology.
Speaker 2: I don't really care where they are because they came out like three hours apart, So it's all the same to me. Does that look like but you're saying just in terms of when you listen to the album through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: This is too early for you because we haven't gotten to school so high school yet, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess maybe I put more weight onto the original album because I like to listen to it from start to end, and I think that she curates it in a way that is listenable in one way.
Speaker 2: You're right, yeah, but I don't think of it that way. But yes, I think so high School would have been a better first song about him than Alchemy.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was the first time we hear Oh my god. I so when Chris, when Taylor and Travis start dating, Chris, my boyfriend was like, do you think our next songs are gonna be like? And then the we touched down in a place and then I spike the ball and you threw me like it's just gonna be all football metaphors, and I was like, no, our girl is not that corny. I go, I go, she she might, but she's going to do it with a glitter pen way like she's not gonna be I go, no, I'm sorry. I did not say that the time I said at the time, I said, no, she's not going to do that to us, And because I literally I thought that that just sounded too cheesy, But I did not realize how it could be done in a way that would not make me feel that way at all. And then the album came out and I sent Chris the lyrics and I go, I am eating crow. Absolutely, she's done it, but can I plead? I go, I'll let you have this win that you predicted what she would do. But I need to tell you she's doing it ironically, and she's doing it with like, with a little bit of irony, and she's doing it with a glitter pen. And you're I don't need you to understand what that means, but I know what it means, and it's permissible. So I love the football references and all of in so high school in Alchemy.
Speaker 1: My favorite line from this is he jokes that it's Heroin, but this time with an E.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he definitely made that joke.
Speaker 1: Oh do you think he made it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that he was like, you're like Heroin but with an E. And that just is and that's letting us know that he's smarter than maybe he We think he is swifty universe Hannahs and Sarah's because he knows the difference than those spellings, which is not actually a very easy thing to know the difference, and because sometimes I get it confused. Yeah, I thought that was really cute. But some people were saying that this song might be about the other guy because of the mention of Heroin.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: Because it's like, because this time it's Heroin with an E, Like last time it was Heroin without an E? Why why say this time if there wasn't a last time? I made that part up. But that's kind of why I think maybe it could be because I think some of these songs are a mixture of people. And I also but Okay, if you're Travis and you like this song is about me, he goes, Babe, I never made a joke about Heroin with an E. What's that? And she'd just be like, babes, come here and she just kisses it and then he forgets. I don't know, Like, do you think do you think she could, in a song that's about Travis have snuck in some other guy stuff. I think she could have.
Speaker 1: She could have, And I wonder like, would she have told him about her previous, her past and the guy was dealing with drug issues? Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think no, I think she probably. That's what I would like to ask Taylor. Taylor, when you date a new guy, do you walk them through your romantic past? Because I know that you want to because you're like me and I would want to, But guys don't want to hear that shit. Ever, Dude.
Speaker 1: That's what's great about him is he went to the show. He knows what she's about, he knows she's gonna write about it. He knows that these are I.
Speaker 2: Don't think he's thinking about it that much. I don't think he's thinking that much about it right now. I think he just likes a good bop. I really don't think that he is like investigating these lyrics like we are, and that is not an indictment. I love him and he doesn't need to do that, like Chris loves me and isn't like, let me, how did you write this joke? And what inspired it? Like he likes He just likes me, you know, like he doesn't need to delve into this stuff. So I don't if we're looking for Travis to be as SWIFTYE on the level that we are, you're gonna be disappointed, and he shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Well, I guess then. I think it would be a bit cruel for her to say he jokes that it's Heroin, but this time with an E. Because as much as someone has hurt you, like a drug, addiction is serious. So I don't think that she would make that jest of it.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying that she would say it if if that person had said it, like if the person that said it, because he jokes, it's him saying it. So either Travis said this or someone else said this, right, And if it was the someone else, I don't find it bad if she's saying the joke for him, even though I mean she talks about his drug addiction, like but you wanted drugs more and I just watched it happen. When I first heard that, I was like, Oh, what we're learning about someone's drug addiction.
Speaker 1: I think that's my like top two song on the whole album.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so good. I'm obsessed with that song.
Speaker 1: How you go back to like the bridge of the Smallest Man who Ever Lived? Yeah, I go back to the verses of Chloe or Samers if your march.
Speaker 2: Oh really, the verses see the Thing That Grows and that.
Speaker 1: Song I tell you, Oh go ahead, No. My favorite part in that song is that I want to keep skipping back to is I changed in? I changed into goddesses, villains and fools, changed plans and lovers and outfits and rules, all to outrun my desertion of you.
Speaker 2: Desertion of you, desertion of you. And I just looked at that. I was like kind of checking out the lyrics before we got started, and I was like focused on that exact uh verse because I loved I changed into goddesses, villains and fools, change plans and lovers and outfits and rules, and also outrun my desertions. So she's why she out what is it to outrun a desertion?
Speaker 1: He's gonna leave her, So she's changing anything about herself to make him stay.
Speaker 2: She's run, but it's her desertion of him, not his. Yeah, she says, all to outrun my desertion, desertion of you. It's her desertion.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Even though that's the words, I still believe. I don't know how to explain this, Like maybe I'm in lalla land. I don't care, but it's like.
Speaker 2: I think she wants to leave him, trying to outrun it. She's trying to like dress up and do things even though she wants out. She's trying to save the fact that she wants out All to outrun my desertion of you, like I was deserving.
Speaker 1: Him deserting her.
Speaker 2: It's not though, it's literally all to outrun my desertion. Of you, and I get what you're saying where you're like, I don't care what she says. I know the feeling that she's trying to convey, and I'm gonna go with that, and I totally trust you to do that. But I think it could also be the other thing, because.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Look at you looking off into the distance. Don't desert me. No, you know the part of the song that really kills me is if you want to break my cold, cold heart, just say I loved you the way that you were. Like She's all she's asking for is like these. If you want to tear my world apart, just say you've always wondered, Like all you have to all you have to do to get me to not desert you is say these two things. Say I love you the way that you were. Just say that and I will stick around. Or if you want to tear my world apart, if you want to like you want to keep me, just say you've always want like And if if we are broken up and then you want to keep me or get me back, just say I've always wondered what we could have been. Like just she just wants a little hope and she will not.
Speaker 1: Blowing my mind right now, That is not what I thought the song was about.
Speaker 2: But also it is about like the fear of like you wanting, wanting to knowing something's ending, and being terrified of it ending because even though it might be good and you want out, you think about your holograms stumbled into my apartment, hands in the hair of somebody in darkness. And by the way, this person is that she's thinking about as bisexual because Chloe, sam or Sophia or Marcus, which I thought was a little bit like someone's getting outed, But maybe that person's already out. I don't know. As a decade would play us for fools. And you saw my bones out with somebody new who seemed like he would have bullied you in school. Now she's either talking about she's out with someone who looks like a football player that would have bullied the guy before him, or she's with some guy who looks like a little punk kid who would have bullied the theater kid. I don't know who this is about.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like he's hooking up with somebody who would have bullied him in school.
Speaker 2: No, and you saw my you saw my bones out with somebody new, So he saw her out with somebody new who seemed like he would have bullied you in school.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Nikki, you are turning my world up down today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah, oh my good. Yes, you needed me, but you needed drugs more. And my favorite like just melody is and I couldn't watch it happened like that is the most beautiful melody of it just conveys everything. I just sometimes she just like nails the melody with the words and it just that the watch it happened ones kill me, absolutely kill me. I'm shredded. Wow, let's get to sarready did that? No, that's okay. Clara Bow love the lyrics. The song itself is beautiful, but it's just not what I'm I'm just needing like fast bops right now in my life. But I love the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the content and the commentary because even now it's like I'm thirty five and it's like you're always compared, you never feel like you're good enough. Like I don't know. I just loved the message of that. Yeah, it was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's nothing new two point zero. It's about like being replaced. Yeah, and yeah, it's you're the crown is stained, but you're the real queen. I mean, like she I honestly felt like this. Let two weeks ago when the roast happen, Like everyone's just like you're the queen. You literally are. People are calling me a queen for the first time in my life, and I'm just like, I know that. It's they're comparing me to people and saying like this, you're like her, but you actually do this like trying to build me up by comparing me to other women.
Speaker 1: By putting down other women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you feel like there's all this attention on you and you're you're the bell of the ball, like you're you're the best going. And the truth is it's that it might be for the time being, but is only the time being. This is not an everlasting kind of attention that you can ever count on, and it's it will always break your heart every single time.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 2: You are not going to have a love affair with show business that lasts a lifetime. It will divorce you without and it will start fucking someone new, and it will break your heart every goddamn time. So don't believe them when they tell you they're the queen. You are one person you were. You are someone that they told, Oh you look like her, but you're better. And in the end, someone's gonna tell a girl you look like Taylor Swift in this light, we're loving it, and you've got edge, but she never did. The future's bright, dazzling. Yes, you're going to be replaced by the next thing. And they're gonna say you're like Nikki Glazer, but you actually I don't even know what they could say. Uh what my biggest fear is of but that butt. But I don't even want to think about it. But it's true that it is. This made me hate show business. Also the song that I saw her do for the first time, Oh what was it? Well, uh, let's I don't even think it's time to go to break yet. I told Olivia, though, schedule, let's go to break and then we'll find out. What song I'm talking about. Is the one that makes me also hate Hollywood. All right, we're back. It's the one that she the song that she played when I was at Eras the first concert and I was up in the stands and I was like, oh, this is our secret song. I don't even know this song, but it's the one about God damn it. I think it's off red, but I could be wrong. And it's about being in Hollywood and they moved to a farm or something. The woman moves out.
Speaker 1: Oh it's about Joni Mitchell. Really, yes, hold on, hold on you.
Speaker 2: The Swifties are screaming at their Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. I'm I'm usually a lot better.
Speaker 2: In The fig and Fortune and The Lucky One, The Lucky One. She played that song and I was like, what is this? And then I was like, oh my god, they tell you, they tell you the Lucky One, and then she eventually, Yeah, she becomes famous in this town, and you're the lucky one, and then you get out, and then you're the lucky one when you get out, as I think, what it's kind of about. All right, So The Lucky One is a fucking great song. The Alchemy Claire bo the Black Dog. This one is the one that most people, I feel, are like, oh my god, it's my favorite song of all time. I'm obsessed. I can't stop listening to it, and I definitely think it's that for me, but I just haven't really injected it in my veins yet, but I do love it. What about you.
Speaker 1: I loved it for me. It was just so relatable, how like she's you know, Taylor Swift and the guy she's dating but is over with now forgot to turn off his location and it pierces new holes in her heart and it's like just so honest and vulnerable and relatable and beautiful. And when we get to it, there's a song later on that really reminds me of The Black Dog and that experience too, which one I look in people's windows, I think when the album first came out, the windows, because it's like that same feeling of like, how don't you miss me? I just want to see you again? Like those two were perfectly encapsulated. Huh callback how I felt when like I went through my last breakup of The Black Dog and Yes, and I look in people windows like like I'm some deranged weirdo because I did it. I did it. I would walk around, I'd go to a park like is he here? Is he here? Am I gonna be okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And hoping you do? Yes? Yes? Interesting this song does, hasn't. I haven't related to it yet, but I don't. I guess I don't relate to that experience of yeah, because she saying, how do how you don't miss me? And I just don't understand how you don't miss me? And the black Dog I love just sonically, I love Old Habits does scream and it goes prayer and prayer and prayer like that that bass and that like banging that gets so intense, she sounds crazy. I love it.
Speaker 1: That was gonna be That was a possible name for the song. We saw the Voice notes come out this weekend, and so Old Habits Dice Screaming was going to be the name, But I actually prefer the black Dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah too, and so does the bar that it's named after her doing well man. Yeah, yeah, I love and you know, like but she's too young to know this song that wasn't intertwined in the tragic fabric of our dreaming. Eh yeah. The common theme which I also have in my stand up of being replaced by someone younger and finding a way to make it so like I feel like a lot of times, let's say I was dating a guy and he ends up with a young girl, I would like to tell myself, like they can't enjoy the thing, like she's yeah, she's maybe hotter and younger, but dude, she's not gonna be she's not gonna get our jokes and actually satisfying.
Speaker 1: They'll never have our personality and our humans. That's the one thing I think of, Like, no matter who you date after me, she will never make you laugh as much as I did ever ever. Ever, Yeah, that's I have that on.
Speaker 2: I know. I know There's been a couple of girls I've met before that I'm like, he better not go out with her because I think she might be funnier like where I've been Like uh oh, But overall that's where I really, I really, yeah, I'm pretty secure with my personality in relationship and even physically. I'm just like, you know, if you're into it, you're into it. And I don't question a lot, but I guess I when I think about like a fear of another woman, like someone ending up with one, I honestly just think I maybe I'm an arcist. I always think they're just not having a good time. I convince myself that yeah, like or maybe I go, oh, she understands sports better.
Speaker 1: Than I do, or she's a bikini model like I stalk, I so first stalk every like I'll just be honest with that, and I'm like, you know what, at the end of the day, I know what I am. I am not those things, but I am what I am.
Speaker 2: And what I will say is I know guys that have dated bikini models, legit bikini models, and they get tired of fucking them, no matter how cool they are, no matter how hot they are, like everyone, and they'll get tired of sucking them, just like they'll get tired of fucking you, because that's what a monogamous relationship is. So don't worry. If you're boyfriend is dating some new hot girl, he might get validation from outside world that will make him feel good, but like he liked fucking you as much as her, guaranteed, because it all goes to nil no matter how hot they are. And I know that just from having guy friends who fuck really hot girls. So that's just my like take away. I would never because of my experience hearing about guys and I'm like, her, you're trying to fucking her, and I'm just like, I don't even like feel it anymore. I'm like, oh, that's good news. So personality making a guy laugh, that'll never fade. Like that's something that's not recreatable, but all we all, no matter how good your body is, you're gonna it's gonna go. We're all gonna stabilize age. Yeah, well not even stag and age like guys will just get Guys sexually need newness, and uh it will. It will always stagnate. So don't think that some hot girl is gonna rock his world. If you write rock his world a little bit longer than you did, but it'll get to as much of a like. He doesn't care. Whatever point you. Here's the good news. When guys fucking a model for ten months, he's jerking off to memories of your body, probably because it's new. It Literally you might have like such a worse body than the girl he's without, not you, nor but like any girl I'm talking to right now, and I guarantee you because of the newness of it, he's probably thinking about girls that look like you and not her. So that's just my little uh detour to make everyone feel better about a thing is not easy. Because I saw a girl with an amazing body today. My plate's class, which there aren't many in Saint louis no offense. We're all pretty big like here, we don't look La Hot and Saint Louis. None of us do, right, but this girl did. And I was like, what the fuck? And I was so mad about it, and I was like, god, I bet like every guy would rather bang and I was just like, yeah, for a little bit, he'd rather bang her. And then we're all even, you know, okay, Yeah, so so hi, uh sorry, I'm gonna get you back. I love this. We all there's rumors that I'm gonna get you back. There's no spaces in it, because that's a lot. A thing that a certain band does in their songs. A lot is that they combine words and make a really long word. Okay, so that's a style that Wait a second, there is a lyric that I wanted to talk to you about about in lower case. I put you in something in lowercase. What's the what's the lyric? Because that is a folk that means that there's something in folklore about this person. Oh do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Because I think.
Speaker 2: That's her telling us that there is a folklore song about this person because it is she met Let me just find it, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Lower wasn't that in Guilty of Sin?
Speaker 2: Yes? So we all know who guilty of Sin is about, right, So wait, let's find it. So sorry to everyone guilty. You can take this stuff out if this goes on too long, please editor. Okay, guilty as sin. Uh yeah, I keep my keep these longings locked. I keep these longings locked in lowercase inside of vault. Okay. Vault is obviously making us think of albums and songs that never made it. This might have been a song that was meant for folklore. It is in lowercase. It's a could be a vault track for folklore. I'm putting this together now, breaking news that is amazing kind of could fit on folklore if it was produced a little bit differently. And by the way, when she was making fil folklore, this is definitely when those fantasies were probably happening in the end of her relationship or when it was kind of stagnating. Right, So anyway back to uh, I'm gonna get you back. Oh sorry, I'm gonna get you back is the one in the lowercase. Not Guilty of Sin, but I'm gonna get you back. Everyone's saying that this is like Olivia Ravnigo already made this song like I'm Gonna get him back that song.
Speaker 1: Which I do, like, I don't know that song.
Speaker 2: What the fuck are people talking about when they say that, I don't give a fuck If the song is the same exact idea or theme, it's two different artists. It's like being like, and go, why did you paint those flowers? Monette painted flowers like that? What are you talking about? Don't you dare say that a girl can't write a similarly themed song about getting a guy back and in the same year, And that is I'll be the first to say if someone has like copied someone, Taylor's does not copy anyone, and she's certainly not gonna copy someone who she's being accused of, like having a tumultuous relationship with. It's an insane idea and we need more than want two songs about getting a guy back. End of discussion, But yeah, I like, I'm gonna get you back.
Speaker 1: And also this is a breakup album, and so all the phases of a breakup are valid on here, regardless of whether someone else made a song. Like, She's on her own journey writing her own songs getting through this.
Speaker 2: I did not know that the lyric was Lilac short skirt. The one that fits me. Lac skin. Okay, she's wearing a lilac short skirt in the the a Fortnite Your challenge, Yeah, Fortnite challenge. Yes, so we know this is and I who is she getting back? I think this could this be about Travis because that's short skirt. I feel like she was wearing during Maybe she was wearing it. I thought it was like shot recently, but maybe she just put it on again.
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like, once you fix your face, I'm going in. I think that's like like she probably said that to a guy, like his face was probably like who, and she was like, well, once you fix your face, I'm kiss you. Yeah, like I'm going in, like you could don't want to, Like sometimes a guy looks at you and you're like, I'm not gonna kiss you while you're making a face like that at me, like I don't know. That just made me kind of think.
Speaker 1: That it's just cute and flirty and honest and open, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, And this is like this is also like whether I'm gonna be your wife or gonna smash up your bike? Guy, I like bike. I haven't decided yet. But this is also like you gonna marry kiss he kill me just e. Then it's kind of that giving that. Let's see some other lyrics, small talk, big walk, act like I don't care what you did. I'm the aston Martin that steered you straight into the ditch then ran and hid Martin.
Speaker 1: That's an English car, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is? Yeah, like an F one team. I think they were like excited she mentioned them, Um, yeah, sir, the song is really I think the song is so fun and I've liked it from the get go, but I don't hear people talking about it a lot. And then let's end this time together with the Albatross, even though it's not my favorite song and I don't have a lot to say about it, but let me look up the lyrics and maybe I'll stumble upon my feeling. Sell me on it, girl.
Speaker 1: The melody die Mann set Wild Winds Death to the Candle, Like, the melody is incredible.
Speaker 2: It doesn't grip me, but I do like, yeah, I don't know that the melody doesn't grip me, even though I do acknowledge that if I ever came up with a melody this good, I would just like quit comedy forever, like it's it's it is good, it's just not in my bones.
Speaker 1: Okay. I love the cross your thoughtless heart, Like what's crossing a thoughtless heart? Like someone's lying, they're crossing their heart but they're not thinking about it. Only liquor annoints you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like, I love only liquor. I like the I like the phrasing of that.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me see and when the sky rains fire on you and your person I love Persona. I really like that. I love that persona non granda. That is fun and I just like anything that she is here to destroy you. I mean, she's vicious in this album watch Out, She's it's so fun.
Speaker 1: I love it. And it was like, you know, just the same with your roast and the same with like what I'm trying to do in my life. Just be honest, does it matter? Other people's feelings are not your responsibility if.
Speaker 2: You're speaking your Troy, yes, love it. What other people think of you as none of your business. I mean there, but she also like gives no fucks because she's at the top, Like how could you like how great would it be? That's one thing that I have to say after this roast like people have been so nice to me. Everyone wants to be my friend. It's kind of like I'm the popular girl in school right now in the comedy world, and it feels really good to finally feel that, like to get that attention. It's just it's you know, that's why I was always the girl in school.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to be the popular girl.
Speaker 2: And it like feels nice. But I will say, but I'm not. I know, I know what it is now. I'm not like, oh my god, this is real like it it feels good, but I'm not like nuts over it. But I will say that.
Speaker 1: That's really healthy. You should give yourself credit for that.
Speaker 2: I am so proud of myself with how I'm handling this, Like I'm a little bit arrogant sometimes and I give myself credit in the way like that I need to that people have taught me, Like Nikki, lets some of this in you deserve it, But I really am not it's not. I don't think it's changing who I am. And I'm like not that. But it's still early, so just give it time then and then I'll change my number and I won't give you the new one more. Jk oh no no, I'd never do that to you. But yeah, I feel like the best part about it is that I don't have to suck up to anyone anymore, Like I don't have to Like, if you want to work with me, great, but like if you don't, it's okay. Other people do now that I would have never dreamed of. So I don't this lifeline that used to be you and me having to be nice to you and put up with your bullshit. I don't have to do that anymore, Like you would be lucky to work with me now. And I'm not saying that to be like, uh, I feel that way, like just based on the politics of the way. It just literally facts. It's my stock is up and I don't have to deal. And you know, that's what's nice about having power is that you don't have to And and fame is this like elusive illusion of power because ultimately if fad'es like we've learned in Clara Bow and all this stuff, But that is I will say, for Taylor to be able to throw people under the bus very publicly like she's doing is really fascinating to me because it's someone who truly has nothing to gain from anyone from kissing anyone's ass anymore if she doesn't want to. And what freedom is that? You know, you hope to find it before, Like you hope to be someone who doesn't kiss anyone's ass for things, but it's really subconscious, like I don't. I really try not to. I want to be clear. I don't try to kiss people's ass in this business to get things. But I'm overall a nice person, and I am aware of what being a pleasant person can get me as opposed to just maybe honest and being like I don't want to talk to you right now, you know, Like I'm not gonna say that to someone, but it is nice to have a fuck you power and like have it for literally like you could say you could throw anyone under the bus, and like she could changed the election. She could change world election.
Speaker 1: Hood, world election hood.
Speaker 2: She has more power than literally anyone has.
Speaker 1: Anyone she is and her like NYU doctorate. Like when they were introducing her for her honorary doctorated n YU, they were like, you know, she's a champion for artist rights. She like they listed all these things that she does outside of just music, and they are significant, like the way she fought stood up against Apple, and she fights for artists to own their work.
Speaker 2: And that guy who grabbed her ass, oh violence, Oh was that? Yeah? Do I want her to stop eating meat and talk about it? Oh? My god? Yes? Do I want her to go vegan?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just I am so obsessed with the second chorus of but Daddy, I love him where she just jumps from side to side with her skirt and I'm so obsessed with that skirt, especially on so High School when she gets on the bleachers and they're doing all the like you know how the ball, I know, Aristotle, and then she brand new full throttle and she like tucks the skirp into beneath her legs so you don't see her crotch. It's such a smooth movie, and it looks so cool because she's never indecent, you know, yeah, you know on the chair dance, she'll like put her hand down, but she'll stop right before her pubic bone and slid off, like even when.
Speaker 1: She's like touch Miller, your boys play grand Theft Auto, Like she do you notice that move? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And I love like where she's leaning back and they go back side to side. I'm so obsessed I cannot wait to see it. I'm going, I'm hopefully gonna go see her somewhere in Europe. But I still haven't gotten confirmation on those tickets. But I think I have another in we you.
Speaker 1: Know what we could do. We could get like I don't know, like just like a set of four of five, five, six tickets and just like all you bring your mom, like it'll be me, my cousin, my aun.
Speaker 2: How do you go about getting tickets? I'm I'm going to go on through Recell site sites and then they're available.
Speaker 1: And stubhob Yeah, I mean they're not the cheapest if I'm being honest, especially seated on because my aunt doesn't My aunt doesn't want to sit on the floor because it's three hours and she needs to sit down for a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're gonna go separate because I gotta be I gotta be standing all the time. Okay, I got to be on the floor. I got really Oh I'm not never. I'm never not being on the floor again. And I'll go if someone has tickets that I but it's just how I like to see it. I've seen it in every little different way, and that's how I like to be floor is king for you and I got I gotta see eras on the floor and I gotta be on I want to be on one of the sides because I want to see that fucking I want to see close up of the smallest Man who ever lived Bridge. And if you have don't know what I'm talking about, you need to go find the video right now and watch it a million times with me. And then if you ever meet me in person, can we just at the meet and greet sing the Bridge to the Smallest Man who Ever lived together? That is something I would like to do with besties who come to the show. But we have to go. This podcast has gone on far too long, and we will do another one to cover the rest of the songs soon. But this was so fun and it always is. I love you, Nora, I love you more, Nikki. Bye, guys, don't be cud and listen to Taylor