Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Past Podcast. It is Friday, November tenth, and the Ravens are getting ready for an AFC North showdown coming up on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns. Today, we had a chance to talk with head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: Good seeing everybody appreciate you being here.
Speaker 3: Really focused on the task at hand in front of us, which is a big challenge, but we're up for it.
Speaker 2: We're looking forward to it. What question did you.
Speaker 1: Have, John, you mentioned earlier able that I'll just because.
Speaker 2: As any easy to add to that myself. Yeah, you look at the calendar going into week ten?
Speaker 3: How bim makes you feel to have all fifty three players and they work through it makes me feel good. Yeah, it's happy, But people haven't given it that much thought. To be honest with you, I'm just focused on the next game and having a good practice today. But the fact that the guys are out there practicing, yeah, sure, it's a it's a big, big plus for us.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. That was easy on get my easy button.
Speaker 4: How do you see you guys are gonna deal with mental physical physics.
Speaker 3: How we're gonna deal with mental and physical fatigue? That's like the best question we've had right here, by the way. Nice nice job. I think I think we're dealing with it right now. We've we've done a good job of that. Uh, we've been on the road, we've been on the you know, different very tough teams, very physical games, and I feel like our guys have handled it very well. And we've got to continue to do it because you know, we've got this game against the Browns then, which is a division game and it's gonna be a physical game that always is another physical game against Cincinnati on Thursday.
Speaker 2: So that's probably probably the main point.
Speaker 3: Right now is how we handle that and how we approach it, and our job is to handle it better than our opponents.
Speaker 2: To you, guys can learn a lot.
Speaker 4: What you're about, just young guys kind of buddy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's how it always works. You know, you're always growing, it's always a process. You're always putting new guys in and well, I don't care if it's offense, defense or special teams. It's always a growth mindset and a process. So it probably wasn't as bad as as you thought it was early in the year, and it's probably not as good as maybe you're making it out to be right now, but I think we're playing good and we're gonna have to play our best, and we're playing a really good special teams unit coming in here tomorrow or Sunday, and another good one on Thursday. And our division has four great special teams, uh, you know, operations and they always have So that's another reason that makes this division good. And we're gonna have to be at our best to you know, to.
Speaker 2: To help our team.
Speaker 1: We also had a chance to talk with some of the guys in the locker room. Here's what they had to say.
Speaker 2: I can put up the VIP.
Speaker 4: Wrote that that was Morgan. You know.
Speaker 5: We just there's a ton of medios over here for Gino and all the pacey's being is so we kind of need to separate to get our space back a little bit.
Speaker 6: What's your mindset going into this Browns game? Obviously the big matchup with Miles Garrett.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a battle, it's gonna be a war. We know it's gonna be a physical game. We know the type of teams that are in our conference, and the Browns are a physical team, and we got to bring our our a game.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, do you feel like this offensive line is gelling together right now? Obviously you're running the ball really well. What do you think is kind of in behind that?
Speaker 5: I just think we have great chemistry, you know, uh, be able to have the same guys in the room the last couple of years and uh, just having a great room of guys, and we just have the mentality and attitude and you know, we're still not where we want to be, and we just you know, are not getting complacent and what we're doing, and we're just always working to get better.
Speaker 7: Nie Hole's Garris having one of our best seasons or defensive player in the league in the first half. Do you relish these these kind of battles against the best players in the league.
Speaker 5: Definitely, you know, you look forward to these opportunities and uh in this game and these are one of those games where you know there's something an opportunity to uh, you know, to prove you know, the type of player I am and the type of offense line that we are, the type of offense that we are, the type of team that we are, and you know, we look forward to opportunities for you.
Speaker 7: You're sitting here on seventy two and you have two back and back division games. You know, what's the mentality of the team knowing you know what he could do with over these next couple of weeks in terms of this division race.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we we know where we are as a team and where we lie in this league. But like you said, we're just trying to take this one game at a time. We know I'm pouring these division games are and uh, we're turning this game like a super Bowl, So you know, we're trying to make sure that we're putting our best foot forward and you know, leave everything out there. N you've etually what a couple of other offensive guys have said that the offense is trending in the right direction, but it's not where you want to be get what what are you looking for.
Speaker 2: To get to that next time?
Speaker 4: I mean, for us, it's perfection.
Speaker 5: For us, it's making every blog for the perfect technique and uh for seventy five.
Speaker 4: Plays a game.
Speaker 5: And you know that's a hard feat to do, but that's that's our goal, that's our mentality. And you know, maybe we won't, maybe we won't get there, but you know we keep that, keep that mindset.
Speaker 4: We're I think we're getting pretty close.
Speaker 5: Where you're playing like super like nine games where you can do all and I guess you know, for yourself, there's any you know we've been trying to get to.
Speaker 1: What do you feel like, Oh, things are really good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: You know, it's the same standard I hope for myself. You know, I try to be perfect out there. I try to make sure I not only get the job done, but I'm doing it with great technique and every play of the game, you'd be consistently, you know, I think I'm getting better.
Speaker 4: Definitely, not where I want to be at the.
Speaker 1: The Sundays game against the Cleveland Rowls will kick off at one o'clock. It's airing on Fox. But if you're here of Baltimore, we want you in the house at mc bak Stadium. You can get your tickets by visiting seat Geek or by going to Baltimore Ravens dot com slash tickets, and if you're there, get to your seats early. We've got a bunch of cool stuff planned pregame, including the US Navy leap Frog parachute jumpers who are going to be flying into the stadium so check that out. Get to your seats by twelve forty PM to make sure that you see all the action. Thanks for listening, and enjoy the game on Sunday