Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast I Heart Radio one O Lemon Production, Season five, Episode fourteen, Say Something? What an episode? I am joined by my intrepid crew, Tarus Food, Daniel Romo, and Santa Monica and Amy Sugarman representing Lake Tahoe. Ladies welcome, say something, don't speak.
Speaker 3: I just want to know how y'all feel about that episode.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it was a home run. I think it was I agree big, I agree big home run.
Speaker 3: Raise your hand if you cried?
Speaker 1: What did I get a little for clemped?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: Who got for clemped?
Speaker 4: Why did I not think it was emotional? In the slightest?
Speaker 3: What really talking about?
Speaker 1: I thought Lauren gave a knockout performance in this agree she did some very very detailed, very difficult work.
Speaker 4: I'm just very much on Luke's page. So for me, it's like, sorry, girlfriend, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: You messed it up?
Speaker 1: She did? I agree with you there, she messed it up.
Speaker 4: I don't feel sad about it.
Speaker 3: What I feel devastated about it?
Speaker 4: For me, I'm kind of like, you go, Luke. You you stand your ground and you do your thing, because what happened, like you didn't deserve any of that.
Speaker 1: It Luke's the one that got Ama got wounded deepest, don't you think. I mean, imagine being him in that scenario when he hears all those horrible things coming out of Christopher's mouth at a certain point, It's like it was like this perfect storm of bad for Luke sitting here, sitting there hearing that and what these people really think of him. I mean, he must have felt so low and so used and so abused that it was and he's.
Speaker 4: Been waiting forever for this. That's the worst part too, Like he has been in her corner since the beginning of time and has been waiting for this moment he finally gets his shot at being in a relationship with Lorlai, and there's all these external forces making it not happen. You know, it's just like including Lorelai, like she's you know, throwing fuel on the fire too.
Speaker 3: So here's my question for you guys. And I know this is going to be like unpopular opinion that everyone like attacks me of the crimes that were committed. Do we agree hers was the least?
Speaker 4: Yes? Sure?
Speaker 1: No, why do is? Why is hers the least?
Speaker 3: Because hey, what Christopher did was horrific. What Emily did was exponentially horrific. Lorala I omitted, we can say omitted lied. She didn't essentially though, to protect Luke's feelings. It was wrong.
Speaker 1: No, No, I mean I did it to avoid the drama for herself.
Speaker 4: She literally did it for herself.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me ask you guys that your opinion is she is her heart a little bit with Christopher. I know that night she sort of ended it and get away from me and all. But before that even happened, Yes, before Emily you know scheme right, And that's and that's what I think hit Luke in the face the hardest. Yes, it's like your heart, your heart, there's a part of you that is always going to be with him.
Speaker 5: Well, even in the episode, Laura I said that I'll never speak to him again, and Luke is like that it's not possible, Like it's it's your daughter's father.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Luke is very clear headed about the situation. He's very clear, like you can't forget about him completely, and he's very almost unemotional, where I sort of wish he'd let his love for her come up a little bit, because I do think they could have worked it out in the moment. I actually think they could have worked it out when he was at the house. But we'll get to that. He's being very pragmagical. Logical's right word. Yeah, I mean, Scott, are you with Luke or do you? Were you screaming like Luke? Just take her back, accept her apology. I want to know where you felt.
Speaker 1: I've been in that situation. That's how you react. That's it's overwhelming to be in that situation and have all that information hit you in the face like that, and it's it feels so I mean, if you have any kind of issues where you know, I don't know, Well, I don't want to get to psychological.
Speaker 3: There, but no do.
Speaker 1: He felt completely erased. He felt insignificant and small, and he didn't even guarder enough respect from Laura Lei to clue him in on what she did with Christopher that night and to make you know, just just to you know, just to I mean, she she made it into something it didn't need to be. Yeah, and it was her fault, her back that's it.
Speaker 4: And the worst part is that she also said that she, if I'm recalling this correctly, that she would she was only telling him because Christopher was there, right, you know what I mean? So like that was also a part that's like, oh, so you weren't going to tell him anyways.
Speaker 1: That's why it's almost like somebody trying to make a pack with you. Somebody's so desperate, like, hey, you know, i'm your friend and I'm cashing in all my chips here, but can you save my ass in this situation with you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's just so bad.
Speaker 1: It's such a bad look.
Speaker 3: The problem for Lorla is that she did it twice. That's really my problem is, like because I really can fight for her, and I actually can defend it, and a lot of stuff was Christopher and Emily and not her and circumstantial, like, but she did it twice. She did it with the lunch, which she then told him, and he really took it well and it hurt him, but he kind of rose above and then she's done it again. It's like she didn't learn anything from the first time that she hurt him.
Speaker 4: Here's a question, do you think that it would have been as bad all the Christopher stuff that happened in the last episode. If Lorala had told Luke about this, about their hangout in it the day that she was hungover, I know.
Speaker 5: It would be a completely different situation.
Speaker 4: I think it would be a different situation too. And so you know, like in that moment when Christopher went on his like what Emily blah blah blah, I think Luke would have been a little bit more like, well, at least my girl is on my set, that's right, you know, I totally agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think it would have been Luke and Loreli against the world at that point, but they would have been, you know, locked arms, they would have been against Emily, And maybe Luke would have felt differently about when Laura Li said I'm just gonna have nothing to do with them. Luke maybe would have said, all right, let's we're going to be in it together and we'll figure this out together.
Speaker 1: But I think Luke and I think that's what a lot of guys tend to do when they meet people and they don't have a tremendous amount offer coming from their side in terms of family and cousins and friends and all that they try to pull the woman into their world and like, walk away from your world. Let's create our own world and we'll be safe inside of our little bubble. I don't And Luke didn't do that. He accommodated her at every turn. He was willing to show up here and there, even though he didn't want to show up at Emily's house or whatever for whatever function. Here and there, he took all the slings and arrows right, all the insults coming from Richard and all the dismissive stuff. And oh, Luke, I didn't even see you there. I mean, you just want to smack somebody at that point. I mean, really, this is this is how you're going to talk to this guy. And and it's just so odd that she's so militantly against her mother. And we're done, and then you know Christopher and she and her heart is still with Christopher. I understands, you know, the father of their child and all that, but you know, the guy, I think, over a sixteen year period, is demonstrated that he's just not up for the job.
Speaker 3: I think like her brain knows he's a mess and bad and this was bad, but it's like her heart is connected to him she can't help it. That being said, I think her heart is much more with Luke. Obviously the pain she's in I could feel it through this episode.
Speaker 1: But it's got to be trust or else what do you have?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. In your heart, it's going to be. There can't be any doubt, you know. And it's just like, and especially something that intense coming from him, he's waited that long and he's right. He's this particular guy and loves her to the ends of the earth and was always a great loyal friend and now he's even a better man with her went now that yeare together, and it's just all great. And he's just he's an all in guy. He's like an all or nothing guy.
Speaker 3: It's yes, it's almost like she's saying, I'm all in.
Speaker 1: It's recipation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's saying it in desperation, but I'm all in. I'm all in. Like, but it's like, if you were all in, then this never would have happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, what's your code? You have no code?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So so here's my question. And I know we need to go through it in order. But the thing that was so telling for me or relatable was Luke's way of dealing with it. I need space, I turned, he turned his phone off, he went to the movie. He needs time, and she is just like I would be. We need to talk about it now. Can we please talk about it now? I need to fix this. I need to fix this up. Like if we just talk about it, if you just listen to me, I can fix this. I can fix this. Just the desperation and the message she left was just like hashtag relatable.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I felt like I was watching me and my husband, like I thought I was watching my own relationship on TV.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh God, who's who?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm more that's.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: I'm here to talk about it all day long. And my husband's like I need I need to be away from you for it least an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean it was so relatable. And I don't know if that's because Amy and Dan just can write men and women so well or what wait, speaking of we just saw a note that we haven't even done this anop.
Speaker 1: System, you know what? I think Amy and Dan wrote their own relationship. Yeah, because I think the relationship, or a large percent of relationships go through this is she Lauralish. I think she's Parish.
Speaker 3: I don't expect that.
Speaker 1: I don't either, And I think I think I think Dan is a Kirk Doyle.
Speaker 3: Really, so you see more similarities in that relationship than Luke and Lauraai.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, no way, that's cool.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 3: That makes that spinoff idea you had of them even more interesting. Wow. Okay, we twenty minutes in. We better read the synopsis.
Speaker 4: All right? This is season five, episode fourteen, Say Something, Air date February fifteenth, two thousand and five. After all the drama at the wedding, Loralai tries to find Luke to apologize, but he needs time to process what happened. After Loralai keeps pushing him, he finally decides her family and history maybe too much for him.
Speaker 3: She takes to.
Speaker 4: Her bed to wallow, where Rory tends to her needs and the town takes sides.
Speaker 3: Oh so, two quick notes. I want to see what you guys think. Number One, Normally those last week on Gilmore Girls or previously on Gilbirls are kind of like whatever, But this one I was like ten out of ten.
Speaker 4: The Reah was well, I feel like because they kind of showed, you know, like right, like, they show what happened that led into this episode.
Speaker 3: They picked the perfect moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was They kind of did this in the beginning of the season with.
Speaker 3: The story stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dean, you know, like it was like a kind of a redo of that. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 3: And the thing that I loved the most is that the episode began exactly to the moment where the one before had ended. I mean literally they just turned the camera and that was obviously. I want to know, did you film it all as one? But I don't know, Scott, I don't know if you can remember, but it's.
Speaker 1: Like film at all as one?
Speaker 3: Like did you film the beginning of this episode when you filmed the end of the last one?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure? Yeah, you don't want to go back to that location and spend all that money and exactly rent out the same location and just do it while you're there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just thought that was amazing, Like, so that to me was great. And then obviously we've got to spend most of our time talking about Lucan Laurlai. But I really thought Rory and Logan were really cute in this episode, which we'll get into. And I loved that Laura I and Rory had that moment, even despite all her despair, for her to say, it's all okay, like you didn't do anything. We're good, Logan, go find him. It's all like you've got nothing to worry about.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to be mad at Laura I. I mean, she's just it's she's trying to do the right thing all the way around, and she's just getting churned up and gosh, man, I mean she's she's anyway. Yeah, so let's let's stay on the topic. But I just it's just interesting how she's she's got so many irons in the fire emotionally all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got five of them right now.
Speaker 1: I mean she's taken on a lot, and but she has the capacity for it. And I just, yeah, she mishandles one thing and it all blows up, and I kind of feel bad for now.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm heartbroken for the One thing I noticed on the fan comments is they always think we'd take it too easy on Rory, like we always are like, oh, Rory, it's fine that she was making out with the boy at her parents.
Speaker 2: She's in college.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like we didn't.
Speaker 3: But I half.
Speaker 4: And half yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean. The other thing that shocked me in the comments is the amount of people who did not like that dress that Laura I was wearing. Oh I was like ten out of ten. Oh my god. People hated it. They said it looked cheap. They didn't like the sequin thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, I thought it was very Laurai and also very that moment in time, So you know, like two thousands.
Speaker 1: But for that occasion, is that inappropriate?
Speaker 3: You thought it was a little too sassy, kind of too sparkly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't think so I think I do.
Speaker 1: What do I know about fashion and what's appropriate to This.
Speaker 3: Is the thing after reading I read all the comments during the week, and then when I watched the episode, I was happy to see the dress again and say to myself, I still love this dress, Like this silver is so cool and she's so so pretty. She's so tall anyway, that that surprised me. And then it was just so painful, like there's literally no one there for her because she's done the right thing by saying to Rory go find Logan. I'm fine. You know, Luke's bringing the car around. Oh and then she's flying, asked the guy. She's just such a love.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: One thing that threw me, did you guys notice when the cab pulled up all of a sudden the town was fully decorated in lights. I didn't notice that, Like when did that happen?
Speaker 1: But whatever?
Speaker 3: How you guys though, what a moment for Caesar. That was fun.
Speaker 1: For Caesar in the background singing and dancing the.
Speaker 3: Biggest moments really in the series.
Speaker 1: It was so good. Lenny great that that was like that balloon moment that looks balloon moment with Rory floating. Oh yeah, yeah, they do these beautiful yeah, oh god, that's just wonderful.
Speaker 3: And I do think it was very I don't know if comical is the right word, but very of the town to the minute they realize why are you dressed up? And not with Luke, like this is not good and that's just like uh.
Speaker 6: Oh immediately and even Caesar's like, why aren't what's going on?
Speaker 1: Like, let's shout out to Aris man.
Speaker 3: He killed totally funny, he nailed it.
Speaker 1: He nailed He's funny, isn't he.
Speaker 4: He's just so good and because they brought it back to Taylor like they were like, Taylor's going to think everybody.
Speaker 3: So I thought that whole part of it was brilliant, and I actually thought the ribbons were pretty brilliant and a little comic release and relief in what was just so heavy. But yeah, I agree Scott, like that was Caesar's moment because the background acting he had to do was Yeah. So anyway, so then we bump into Kirk and it's just like, oh god, it's just all a mess, like they all know things are not good. So before we get to that, we see Rory get back to Yale and wake up pair of which I thought was hilarious scene. She's all waited to deuce Sherlock bite me like I love it any messages and then you know she's like, what boy, are you waiting for a.
Speaker 5: Mass Yeah, like it's not her mom right like so, and then they played Boggle, So.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I loved it. I really, Paris is just growing on me completely.
Speaker 4: I agree, She's fun fun to watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So then we see Kirk just sweaty and what what game is he doing?
Speaker 4: Of course that that game does make you sweaty.
Speaker 5: I used to have the one at home, like you know, like the math, and that's a workout.
Speaker 3: And the whole thing, because obviously Luke is doing the same thing. Olura is not feeling well and then she's like, oh, I had a sniffles, but it went away, and I'm trying to find it's just the whole to do. And then they go into the movie theater, which was normally crowded, but somehow, first of all, every time I say Luke ten people, it's crowded. Every time my brain wants to say Luke. In this conversation we're having, I want to say Scott. I don't know why in this particular episode, Scott, you're so blurred to me with Luke more than anything in this one. I'm like, oh my god, I'm very confused. So if I say Scott, just forgive me. But I don't know it's Scott. Like if you were going through that, would you go and go to a movie alone? Like, how would you guys deal with this situation?
Speaker 1: Well? How many other places are there to go at night in that town? Anyway?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 1: To get away from his diner, Like his diner's probably the place to go but they shut down. What does he shut down at nine?
Speaker 3: It's not late to me too. It feels like it's a ten o'clock, eleven o'clock at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he's just you know, it was his one choice to just sort of be by himself.
Speaker 4: And a movie is a good a good idea because you have to put your phone away, you know, you're just like escape my phone, the escape into a film.
Speaker 3: Did anyone want him to forgive her as much as I did?
Speaker 5: I think I think I did agree, like he needs time, like maybe forgive her down the line, but not in this moment. Like I think that he needed me that time, and who knows if he would forgive her forgive her down the line, but I think in this moment, no.
Speaker 3: I just feel like the punishment is way worse than the crime here, I get it.
Speaker 4: I just I need Lorli to realize, like she can't keep doing this stuff, you know. So for me, it's kind of like, no, I want Luke to like have his moment right now and like show her that he deserves the respect and he deserves the right treatment and all that kind of stuff. And I'm like, so for me, I'm like, I mean, I hope down the road they work it out, but like right now I'm like totally okay with them not being in Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that the the incident, the quote unquote lie, the big lie, you know, that's that's life changing, that's earth shattering to her relationship and I And this to me feels like it's a big moment for both of them and he does need to process it and time does need to go by. I'm not talking weeks, I'm talking months. Oh oh no, because it's like he needs to really assess what if he can ever trust her again. It just it just hits every sour note in his soul, every fear was preyed upon, was realized in a relationship. It's like there's another guy involved. There's this this evil mother who's putting the the wimpy x you know, up to doing damage, and it's like he can't. It's like what am I? What am I doing here? What is? What is I don't have a chance in this family. There's there's a chance for me. And he gave his best for so many years. He just keeps giving his best. He's doing the best he can, being the assault of the earth guy, always reliable, always and and then this happens, and like you said, again, so it's a pattern.
Speaker 3: Now I just have so much compassion, probably because I just can relate to her so much as she is just an excruciating pain and she wants to fix it so bad. Absolutely wanted him to go all right, like and hug her and kiss her and be like we're fine. Just let's let's not lie to each other ever again, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like he did it last time, you know what I mean. And it's just like it's one of those things that this relationship is not just a Maxi Medina that she met at the at the school because it's Rory's teacher, you know, Like this is actually someone that has been in her life for a really long time. So if they're going to be taking a stab at this relationship, like to Taylor's credit, it has to work, you know, like it does and if it doesn't, then he's got to remove himself from that situation.
Speaker 1: Do you think that there's a part of Laurel I that feels like she can sort of compartmentalize her feelings towards Luke, Like here's friendship Luke before the relationship here's romantic Luke and you know, and it's it's like, do you think maybe she got confused in this moment, And it's like I can rely on friendship Luke not to care and just support me one hundred percent and be used to that. And now that the rules of change, the rule have changed, maybe she's not acknowledging that the rules have changed because she's so fond of both Luke's and this is obviously a new, fresh relationship, but she's been bonded with him as a friend.
Speaker 3: I didn't think of that, But that's a very interesting sort of angle there, that like, because this would have been really no big whoop if they were just friends. The other thing I think about.
Speaker 1: Would have been supportive and like stupid. You know.
Speaker 3: Loralai is sort of the bell of the ball, right, the queen of the town. Like she's sort of the ship, right, So I think sometimes she thinks she can get herself out of any mess, almost like I can't think of a good analogy. For some reason, Lucy came to mind, everything will be okay, is causing shenanigans, but in the end she can.
Speaker 1: Because she's so lovable, she's so fabulous and so glittera right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think this was a real life slap in the face or sort of awakening for her to realize, like, I can't just behave however I want to behave. I can't just go get drunk with Christopher and think it won't have ramifications. Yeah, she's a little bit of a sixteen year old I was just about thirty five year old body.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like she's where Rory. I mean, I feel like if Rory did this, we wouldn't be as hard on her. I mean, yes we would, because she's old enough. But this is Laura I were talking about.
Speaker 1: I think if this relationship were to have a second chance, right, if there was a reconciliation, I think too, they would have to sit down and really map out what's acceptable and what isn't in terms of Christopher, in terms of the family, I mean, really define it, you know, and have you know, not necessarily rules, But this is but expectations, you know what I'm saying, because I want to see them get back together. Obviously they feel very deeply for each other. They're really great together, and justifiably she's feeling all of this angst and she should came, but I think they need to map it out.
Speaker 3: Is there any okay? I have so many questions for you guys. Number one, it's almost like Lorla has never had to be accountable, if that's the right word to anyone. Like she always was sort of at odds with her parents and then she's been on her own since sixteen and the only person she really was accountable to was Rory, who she was taking care of, right, But she's never had to really yeah, Suki in a sense, but like even that relationship has troubles with like being fully transparent with each other, which we think about, like the arguments they had running the inn. It's like she's never had to know what it's like to treat someone with so much respect or put someone else above her, Like, am I crazy? Or am I sort of like.
Speaker 5: I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense to me. Yeah, so she is adjusting to that.
Speaker 3: So the other question I wanted to ask you guys, say that the crime, because I still think the punishment is a little worse than the crime, But say the crime is only that she never told Luke about the drunken night with Christopher and that she sprung it on and at the wedding, right, Pretend the rest of the bleep didn't hit the fan, meaning Rory never got caught like making out with Logan, Christopher never ran in, Christopher never spewed all that crap, And pretend Emily never did what she did. Right, Pretend none of that happened. Do we think Luke would have still been Eke, this gone this far? Would you have still broken up with Lorli over just the line?
Speaker 5: But are you saying that the thing before wouldn't have happened, that the lunch.
Speaker 3: The lunch happened, and this has happened, but none of the extra stuff, not Emily.
Speaker 1: I think that Yeah. I think that it would have been the same outcome. I think Luke would have been devastated and he would have taken his time and separated and really processed it, because that's what he does.
Speaker 3: I want. The thing is is that he thinks right.
Speaker 4: He like not flipped, but he like put on a brave face and like, you know, acted cool that whole night up until that very end. I don't think he would have broken up with her. I think he would have been like, hey, we need to talk about this and it cannot happen again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I think he.
Speaker 4: Would have been strict and stern and very like, you cannot do this again, you know, I'm annoyed.
Speaker 3: Can you all weigh in for Luke? Is he most upset about the lies or is it all of it that he's just like, yeah, all of it, it's all bad.
Speaker 5: But I think the lie is a big part of I think the lie is a big part of it though, But Scott, You're like.
Speaker 3: The.
Speaker 1: Lie is bad enough. And then he hears Christopher say, Emily put me up to this and we still have a chance, and Emily, you know, and Luke's garbage and yeah, it's like he's not one of us, and it Lukes just absorbing all this stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I think it all because it's so.
Speaker 1: Like anybody in their right mind would hear that and just say I'm at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you had confidence, you would go, I don't need this.
Speaker 1: I'm better than this. Right.
Speaker 4: I think that everything that happened that night were valid fears of Luke's. Like Luke had all those things already in his mind. Emily doesn't like me. I'm not good enough for Emily or or Richard she's you know, does is there anything still with Christopher? Like do I need to worry about that? Like he had all those thoughts in his brain already, and that night, literally all those things slapped him across the face. Yeah, and that's when he literally was like, you know, these concerns I had that I was suppressing and trying to say, I'm going to give this relationship a shot and I trust Laurel, I, you know, to help me through this all came crumbling down.
Speaker 1: I mean, think of it like there, you know, his feeling, his feelings, his love for her, his devotion for her is like this sort of thread that is, you know, a thousand feet in the air, and he keeps walking out there and he lives on that thread for her, and he trusts her. Yeah, and her commitment to him is what in their mutual commitment keeps that thread st strong. And it just all got pulled out. It just dissolved, and he fell and he hid his head and he doesn't want to do it again. It's terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he already was terrified anyway.
Speaker 1: But and he's and he's all we've seen that he's really good at being alone. Yeah, Yeah, he can handle it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, Scott, You're right.
Speaker 1: He can handle it, and right he might even prefer that. Yeah, but he but but he must have really, he must really love her to go out on that thread with her and like we can both do this, and I'm gonna if you go back to your parents' house or you do this or that, I'm always gonna have We're always going to be holding hands on this thread. Its thread's going to be here for you. Don't worry about it. But then when she you lie like that, Wow, it goes away there. He has no there's no pathway back to her now. It doesn't matter how upset she gets. It's like, yeah, he knows, and he probably feels bad that she's upset. Obviously showed up over there. Yes he still cares about her, but as a romantic entanglement.
Speaker 3: Oh that I know we're going out of order, but I have to ask this, did any part of you want him to just when he went running over there as friend Luke, which I like how you're sort of describing that that to me was the moment for her instead of doing what she did where she's like this is my lowest low I'm crazy I'll never do it again. I get it, we can be done. What I wanted her to say was I made such a mistake, I will never do it again. I love you, And then I wanted him to reunite with her in that moment. I do think it was possible. Yes, you don't know that differently.
Speaker 1: Amy, You're like me. I believe in love. Yeah, I think believe in the power love. If she had just expressed herself and opened her heart up, and I mean he could have seen her completely exposed, completely, yes, and showing the best part of herself to him, Yes, I am I think that, and he s would have done the same. He probably would have responded the same.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I felt I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: I think that he was being very authentically Louke right, but she was not being authentic to herself. She suddenly became so embarrassed by her vulnerability that she did that sort of mass brave loralai thing she does where she's like, I'll never do it again. I'm humiliated.
Speaker 5: She bothers me that she made it about her, because like I think, at this moment, it's not about her, It's about and I think that's why like I think I was. I felt for her because I know she's in love with Luke, but I felt worse for Luke because she was like, this is my low. Well, clearly Luke is feeling low too.
Speaker 3: I was disappointed her in the end. I didn't mind the lora lie that was panicking and chasing him and saying how long. And I think the grocery store and the whole thing and the phone message. I related and support that one. I was disappointed in the way she acted at the end of this episode, when that was her moment. He was there. He was showing her, despite what you did, I still have your back. I came running over. I broke and he shut up. I showed up. I think that would she blew it more then than she did.
Speaker 1: She still had shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he showed her you can, you can give give us a shot, and he went. He went percent of the way, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was pretty dis like that's I know people get very emotional over this episode, but my emotion is coming up now because I'm I'm so bummed the way she acted at the end. It's like, you love this guy, we get it, we saw your pain. You're in the bed, you're crying. The not just the performance was amazing, but I would believed it. I believed her pain. Then why did you do that? At the end, he came, he showed you you got a chance.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just funny because this whole episode she's like literally going after him right like, he's saying, I need time, I need time, and she's like, but let me fix it, let me do this, let me do that. And then at the end she's like, I heard you when you said you were out, and I'm going to respect that.
Speaker 3: It's like if she.
Speaker 1: If she doesn't know how to fix it and the fix is obvious, right, Yeah, then is that relationship a good idea to begin with? Maybe that's you know, you go through these things with people. They can be very intense and very passionate, and they can feel like forever, and then something happens where the rubber hits the road and the stuff hits the fan and you find out their character, you know, and one flash of a moment when and can it just can get all wiped away so quickly.
Speaker 4: And I didn't realize how much that last scene bothered me until now me too.
Speaker 3: I'm rarely disappointed in.
Speaker 1: Laura, and she made it about her, yeah, and her feelings toward him and what.
Speaker 5: Yeh, Because like when she was in bed, I felt bad for her and Rory comes like that part. I felt for her as like someone who's heartbroken. And as it went on, I was just like, I don't really feel as bad for her because there's it's there's two sides, right, I mean, sorry, there's two people in this relationship and you need equal sides to be way.
Speaker 3: To gather at the end too. That was her moment to like break down, like cry, be emotional, show him.
Speaker 1: Dement.
Speaker 4: She was like it was her time to say something, guys man speak out anything.
Speaker 1: That was the moment where she just pours it all out.
Speaker 3: And he just picks her up and she's already left this message. Then I actually didn't find the message that asinine. Like I was like, you know what, it's not your finest moment, but the message, but it's very Laurel.
Speaker 1: I Why wasn't she Why wasn't she happy when she saw him?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I would have been ecstatic and just had maybe.
Speaker 1: She just folded the tent and concede defeat and I'm going to respect you now.
Speaker 3: Yes, you came, he came. Luke came to your house that ending. Really, I was like, it tracks, that's very Loralai of what she did there at the end. But I'm like, you blew it now, girl, I'm not. I wasn't even that mad. I was the one defender of her lie. I'm like, I'm taking a lot of heat on Instagram for that, but was upsetting for me for her. I thought Luke was a ten out of ten. This guy has just once again proven how awesome he is and that he's so upset and hurt, but he still came running.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I care. That was probably my best shot to get on the poster, but it still didn't get me on the poster. And I showed my heart to the producers. So I'm like, I love you, I love That's give the poster.
Speaker 3: We do need to talk about the dolls.
Speaker 1: Want to get your salary.
Speaker 3: You were awesome this episode the poster. You were awesome in this episode. She was brilliant, but so were you. Like you two are so leveled up in this episode with like performances.
Speaker 1: You know what, thank you because I'll tell you the scene in Dosies Market I really like that scene. It was so good. I really liked Luke and he you know, he underplayed everything and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she overplayed it just like she needed to.
Speaker 1: But it was a god. We were so good together, weren't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that scene was so relatable and real because you were being you know, male, pretty male.
Speaker 1: About gonna say this, if these people don't get their acts together and do more episodes, they're insane. This is gold. This stuff is gold, and I.
Speaker 3: Think you could do it so much better this time. Oh yeah, Okay, let's talk about a little bit of a comic relief here. The doll party to me was amazing. It was net It did give me a bit of a breath to have Michelle and the woman with well it's six girls and six dolls, you know, and more Lin's just In and the little pancakes and Michelle is just like is she psychoedic?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: For me, that whole thing was really good. And then the fact that Loralai screwed up and did not that she she left up show up. Yeah, that's how devastated she was. Okay, I do think that we need to talk about Rory Logan because I think there's a lot to unpack, so have at it. Who wants to start?
Speaker 1: I mean he was just super cool and smooth like he is.
Speaker 4: And uh, the one thing that I will say is Logan in the last episode like clearly said I'm not going to give this to you, right, And so she's asking him to hang out. He invites her to a group hang where you know, a lot of people are there, and she's upset about it, and it's like.
Speaker 3: But at the end his explanation of it. Now, I don't know if you'd call that gas lighting or really kind of but his explanation, I was like, you had a point. Like I was like, you make a great point. He's like, so I had people over, but you want to hang out and I didn't want to tell you no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he could have told her that on the phone.
Speaker 3: What he Yeah, he could have said, hey, there's.
Speaker 1: He was truly considerate. He would have said, listen him over here. Yeah, I'd love to hang over. You can come over, but you know, I'm playing poker with the fellows and there's a couple of girls here too, and like, come on over and hang if you want, but if you don't want to, we can do it another time.
Speaker 5: I do give I do give Rory some I think the reason why I give her some credit is because she's finally not just waiting around for people and like stepping up and like I feel like we saw her freshman year of college just like waiting around for Dean or you know. Now she's kind of just like that's the only thing I like about it. But I do. I do think it was kind of now that you said, I think it was a little bit of gas lighting.
Speaker 3: A little bit it was, but it was also it was also honest and it was very logan, but it was a true explanation where he was saying, like, if we're going to be together, like sometimes we're gonna hang out with other people and you're cool with that, so why are you not cool with it this time?
Speaker 5: But you know, he also said last week like hey, I'm not looking for anything, and.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, so the thing that to me and he was like, so do you just want to have sex all the time?
Speaker 6: Straight upset the.
Speaker 3: Unpopular opinion again, But I am all in with that guy because also when she had a moment of crisis, he he is right there saving the day essentially in a logan way, but it's not like he he cares about he cares. He does he does.
Speaker 1: There's also the aspect of you know a guy, you know, college guys when they're dating or if they like somebody, it doesn't matter that, you know. One of the true tests of of of whether they want to really be interested in this girls. Can they hang?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can they be a good hang? Are they a drag? When they are? They like? Do they add to it? Are they do they mix well with my friends? You know? It's a perfect kind of way to see what they're like.
Speaker 3: Correct. And also he's showing his friends that I'm cool with Rory being around us. She's like in our group. I'm not hiding her away and just hooking up with her. I'm not embarrassed by her. And also I think there's a moment where one of the friends says something like your girl about her, I'll steal your girl. I can't remember something, but.
Speaker 4: Kidd was like, if you go there was any phrase to friends one you, kiddo is the phrase?
Speaker 3: And he did it.
Speaker 5: Oh man, the second he said that, I was like, oh no, I did well.
Speaker 1: I mean, just imagine how much life experience he's had compared to to Rory in terms of.
Speaker 4: But they're the same age.
Speaker 1: But I know, but you know, this guy's on private jets going he's going to say bars.
Speaker 5: Guy, the guy that I love said that to me.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's done. I've been friend zone. I think I'd be fine.
Speaker 4: I am with the Autara would be like, all right, I think I think he has so much control right now that he probably is toying.
Speaker 1: With her a little bit there. Definitely is there's a there's a little game going on here, but he's you know, he's a guy who has to be careful, right, you know, he wants to know that people are And she did kind of show her hand a little bit with the with the Seymour Hirst thing, and she got all bubbly and excited, and you know, he knows, right is she in it for the money? Is she in it for my connections? Or does she really think I'm all that? You know, he has to know that.
Speaker 3: One of the scenes that I love so much in this episode is Janet and Alfia, which again this could be who's Kevin, But I don't know if that was the first time we met al Theia, but I love her. That was amazing where Paris is like, look, we need to ask them, like they know this stuff, and We'reor's like I don't need their advice, and then all of a sudden, she hears what they say to Paris and she's like, excuse me, Like that was awesome.
Speaker 4: She takes their advice, and then Logan calls her out on it, like hangout is vague.
Speaker 6: But it also was like pretty solid boy advice they were giving intricate And also, can we talk about Emmy Award winning appearance by Cereal?
Speaker 3: Like there's so much Cereal in this and I was like the fact that they took four bowls each at the dorm and I'm like, oh my god. Although I couldn't have that milk with the lactose issue, but like, oh.
Speaker 4: When I was watching it, I was like, do I have Cereal? Like it's so appetizing, Like.
Speaker 3: You're lying if you tell me you didn't want cereal after this episode, So I.
Speaker 1: Was like I didn't want Cereal?
Speaker 2: Oh my.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what I wanted. I wanted a cigar glass of whiskey, some boys, and and some cash.
Speaker 3: Just because we can. Can everybody just say their favorite cereal, like their favorite healthy cereal and their favorite sugar cereal just for for me to enjoy.
Speaker 4: Okay, honey bunches of oats and cocoa pebbles.
Speaker 5: Okay, mine is rice crispy and lucky charms.
Speaker 3: Oh mine, cheerios and fruit loops.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a toss up between sugar pops and Captain Crunch. Don't capa Captain Crunch would like carve up the roof of your mouth though if you ate it too many days in a row. But good stuff, good stuff.
Speaker 3: Captain Crunch is good on yogurt.
Speaker 5: You know what, do they still like apple jacks?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah, these were good.
Speaker 2: Those were good.
Speaker 4: I just remember that honey grams.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I diagrem Now I have to look this up. But that might be the final appearance by Janet. Somebody just google that. I there if you google a like trivia from this episode, I think that jam It's final appearance. She might only have one more.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's a big question.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting question. So should we talk about the ribbons for a minute?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Amazing, everyone picking, everyone picking? Literally. I love when I think Laura says to Tailor, I'll deal with you later. And then Rory goes and gets the ribbons, just the.
Speaker 4: Whole Wait, no, but what would you guys pick? Like what ribbons? Are you guys?
Speaker 1: We already picked?
Speaker 3: No, we haven't.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm wearing a beautiful blue right here.
Speaker 1: I'm blue.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, you guys, are you pink? I cannot. I have to wear pink. I'm so sorry. She's my soul sister, like I so sorry, like Lorelai is my whatever the word is, muse all of it. I'm just obsessed with her, even though I think she made mistakes. I just I have to wear the pink.
Speaker 1: I have to, all right, So what are your next podcasts you do with her? It's called I'm All Pink.
Speaker 4: That's what we shipped. We should have worn our little ribbon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm wearing pink today. And also when she pops her head out of the limo and the honking and it's Luke and she's like, I'm not usually.
Speaker 4: That was funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, the whole episode is just like amazing. I don't know, do you guys feel like, I mean, did we skip anything? Like I know we kind of broke format, but it's like I think we had to in this it's just too big.
Speaker 1: I think we hit all the big beats. I mean I have one. Yeah, you in the.
Speaker 3: Front row, supporter Lorelei supporter.
Speaker 1: Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I want the middle.
Speaker 1: I want the what the middle?
Speaker 3: When she says I don't want to grow old together and just have that she wants the middle.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want the middle, then make a make a choice and commit to a guy.
Speaker 3: And you know, I mean, look, you make a point. If she wanted the middle, she should have.
Speaker 1: You gotta be uh, you know, a middle type traveler, and you know you've got to have the stuff to get to the middle. You know, anything could have happened. And Luke's mind, he's losing his mind, right, He's like, anything could have happened there. Now. What he's saying is to himself, is what else happened that she's not telling me. He doesn't want to know. He just wants to get away.
Speaker 3: I also felt that because we didn't talk about him too much, the Rory Lorelei scenes in the bed were really beautiful and really painful. And she really I mean because that I've been there, and you do you literally just cannot get out of bed, you cannot eat, you cannot move and you're just and then finally like there's a sign of life that you like, tip, take a sip of water, like you're just like it's yeah.
Speaker 1: But the thing that moved me so much about her performance was that she really honored her feelings about the relationship, yeah, and the importance of that relationship to her life. So she did that courageous thing in an acting sense and really really went through all those emotions for us in front of the camera. And it was it was breathtaking to watch even those scenes with Rory. I thought they were they were measured and textured and kind of tone perfect, you know, and there was like you could you could see this little ray of hope or light coming out and even though she was still very depressed, you know, and it was just it was heart wrenching to.
Speaker 3: Words that really it was.
Speaker 1: It was she really really is terrific.
Speaker 3: Brief but great appearance by Lane not wearing.
Speaker 4: Glasses, wearing glasses, but also.
Speaker 3: Just saying the best purchases toll House cookie dough and chocolate covered matza. I was like, wow, she knows what snacks to add and the new toothbrush.
Speaker 4: Am I did I read this wrong? That when I saw it on TV. But Rory wore a shirt that said sex is.
Speaker 1: Reading reading Sexy.
Speaker 3: I did not see that. I did not even yes, yes, the.
Speaker 1: New Sexy or something like that, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Is reading. We need a screenshot of that. See that? And I you know, look when when Laura says you can't go to the store, the town's going to be all over you, and she's like, I've got reinforcements, and then it's Laine and they're in this limo. The whole thing was just like basically perfect. How many dream was so painful?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, that was almost like a film, like a film by Kirk. Yes, but it was, but it wasn't in that. I've had those kinds of dreams, have you. Or you wake up and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, it's just so yes, Yes, I have so many dreams like that, And sometimes I'm like, that happened. What's What's I mean?
Speaker 1: The magnitude of that loss, the magnitude of that loss, that was a very you know, there was a scene in Oh God, what's the uh, the famous Dustin Hoffman and Bancroft movie The Graduate. Yeah, they did stuff like that in that film.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not a fan of a dream sequence other than in this show, because the other dream that was so good was their first kiss was in a dream. Remember that this show knows how to do a dream like because they it can be kind of annoying. But this one, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, No, that's That's when I felt the loss the most. Is in that dream when he was sitting in the kitchen watching TV and he was dressed as Luke and she came down and he wasn't responding at all, and it's just like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Say something, Yeah, I thought it was and and he says, I'm watching something stupid and she's like, this isn't stupid. Oh my god. Here's the shirt. Wait, that's an amazing shirt eating it's sexy. Oh my god, how do I find that? Sure, if I could find all the.
Speaker 1: Fashions, just an email Brenda, she'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Lor Lai has that amazing tan sweater she's wearing at the inn with the thing on the back. It's like, because she's doing the scene in the refrigerator, So whoever dressed her was so brilliant knowing we were going to be looking at her back. And then they put this sort of emblem on the back of the sweater. But anyway, I mean, look, this is a great episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, what how are we rating it?
Speaker 3: Ten pink ribbons, pink Danielle.
Speaker 4: Nine point nine to five chocolate covered months of Ale or.
Speaker 3: It's nine point nine five year highest you've ever given the show?
Speaker 4: No, I think Bracebridge Dinner Dinner was a ten out of ten foot oh wow, still holding up for me. I loved that episode.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give this ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: Luke Broken Hearts painful and Tara we didn't We didn't forget Tara. She had to run off for an emergency. But it's not like an emergency emergency. I think it was like a podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh she just texted me. She increases with me. Ten out of ten. Luke Broken Hearts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, does anybody have any favorite they love when we do favorite lines? Does anybody have any that we didn't do? I mean mine is not funny, but it's so like when she's just drama, it's over. I really screwed up. He could have been the Wane, Like I just was like, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mine was the drama too, but it was with adocies between Luke and Laura Leon and Luke being like it's too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine too. Yeah, Yeah, it's too much. It's too much, it's too overwhelming. It's too much for any one person to have to tolerate, you know.
Speaker 3: Still, like when she told Taylor, I'll deal with you later.
Speaker 1: He's got a huge responsibility. He's got to feed the people of stars Hollow. That's a big job. He's got to have his act together to do that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, well, I know we have to go, but you're right, and look at what happened to her, Like she screwed up her job because of this, and it's kind of like he's not gonna let this be his undoing.
Speaker 1: As they say, all right, everybody, that's gonna wrap us up. Next episode, Season five, episode fifteen, Jews and Chinese Food. We will see you then. Thank you, ladies, Danielle Romo and Sugarman and the now dearly not dearly departed. That's wrong with me, all right. That's what you get when you leave where you click out early.
Speaker 7: You know, y.
Speaker 3: My Logan, I'm sorry, I know, y'all Logan haters Logan and Rory are I love them together?
Speaker 1: I do too. That's how to add that it's exciting to see them in scenes together. Their's spots are flying. Yeah, yeah, it's so great. Isn't he great? Yes, isn't great to watch?
Speaker 4: He's great to watch. She's just a little questionable, but he's great to watch it. I can't get my eyes off the screen.
Speaker 1: One good. Everything flows so smoothly.
Speaker 3: It's crops to Liza. While is that how you say? I don't want to say it wrong. Paris. You know she's bound her way with Paris. Now she's nailing it, you know, like this is the Paris that really I love. She's a hint more vulnerable, she's a hint more sas, she's a hint more funny, caustic. She was nothing but a pleasure to watch in this episode for me too. So yep, ten out of ten pink ribbons.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it. Thank you, everybody, best fans on the planet. Thanks for downloading all of us. Keep the cards and letters and emails coming. We read everything. We take it all to heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we sure do. Cried a little when I read the Instagram comments.
Speaker 1: Right, sometimes they ruin our day, but they.
Speaker 3: Know how Laura was. Yeah, they make us better podcasters. But you know what, Laura in this episode, that was me reading our instagram.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I'm Luke and dosies being cornered by Laura and I'm saying reading the instagram, saying it's too much. Love you guys, best fans on the planet. See you next time.
Speaker 7: Stay safe, everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.