Speaker 1: I didn't care where I landed. After I took off on a tail in the Lives fifteen years ago. I was just a scared little kid looking for a safe place to hide. I snuck onto the first boat I saw docked off the island shore. It was pure blind luck that I happened.
Speaker 2: To belong to Marcus.
Speaker 3: Only you would leave a thirty foot yacht tied to a rickety little fishing dog that's still here, isn't it Gotta get creative if you want the full experience of a place. It's a unique spot for cocktail hour. I'll give you that. Make yourselves comfortable before we ship off. Now it's a few hours back to the mainland. We can't thank you enough for showing us around this place. Hmm, it's just exquisite. Talk about a hidden gem for now, anyway, mark my words. In ten years this island will be unrecognizable. I'm trying to enjoy it while it's still my little secret. You know what is that, Marc is sounds like your crew is getting a little rowdy below deck. Just tired a new bodyguard. I'm still breaking them in. What's going on here?
Speaker 2: You got it? Sells a stowaway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see that. What I don't understand is why you're making a scene in front of my guests.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Box.
Speaker 2: I figured i'd come in and ask what you wren't done with him?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: You caught me?
Speaker 4: Okay, just let me go and we can leave it at that. I don't want to hurt you.
Speaker 2: Man. This isn't a mouth on this one. It's a punk like you.
Speaker 3: I tried to warn you get your hands off me.
Speaker 5: This morning.
Speaker 3: Come on, boys, play nice.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Now we can talk. What's your name? Kid?
Speaker 2: Why should I tell you?
Speaker 3: Well, as long as you're hero my yacht, tough guy, you're my guest, and I prefer to call my guests by name.
Speaker 6: So Sneako, Nico, cute. That's short for something Nicholas. No one calls me that Nicholas.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 3: I like that better has a certain gravitized nicholas.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Thanks pretty strong for your age?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 3: What are you sixteen? Seventeen?
Speaker 4: I'm fifteen.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, for all your tough talk, you seem a little spooked. I want to tell me what's going on.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Come on, you can trust me.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I tried to hit a ride. I needed somewhere to lay low. I didn't mean any disrespect sneaking out of your boat.
Speaker 3: It's a yacht kid yachts.
Speaker 4: I just I didn't have anywhere else to go, all right? Please, if you could just give me a ride, I'll be out of your hair as soon as we land.
Speaker 3: You've got a lot of nerve trying to pull something like this.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that was bad. Nerve like yours isn't easy to come by. You must have gotten yourself into a pretty serious situation.
Speaker 4: You've got no idea.
Speaker 3: I think you might be surprised, Nicholas. I've handled my fair share of serious situations before. So what was your plan after hitching a ride with this one?
Speaker 4: I haven't gotten that far.
Speaker 3: No, you haven't thought about what you're gonna do when you get to the mainland, or how worry your family will be when they notice.
Speaker 4: Don't have any family, not anymore.
Speaker 3: I see, Come on, Marcus, have a heart.
Speaker 8: Let's bring him back with us.
Speaker 3: Don't you have enough souvenirs?
Speaker 8: There's always room for one more.
Speaker 3: Please, I'm inclined to give him a ride, but I have to ask you something.
Speaker 6: First, Nicholas, what's that?
Speaker 3: What are you willing to do for it?
Speaker 2: What am I?
Speaker 3: I'm offering you a golden ticket here. I want to know you value my generosity. So what are you willing to do for it?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 3: That's a good answer, kid, Let's get you a drink. You think you can manage that right away?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 3: Thanks, I appreciate it, don't mention it. I've got you.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly what Marcus saw me that made him take me under his wing. Could he sense my ambition, resourcefulness or did he just see a lost puppy that he could train to be his attack dog.
Speaker 3: I apologize for my new employee. It doesn't really get how I like things done.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't think he'll be around very long. You, on the other hand, I have a good feeling about.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was he saved my life.
Speaker 1: By the time we reasure, Marcus had given me a job, a place to live, everything I needed to start over and survive. But the problem with owing everything that just one person is how easily they can take it all away.
Speaker 8: Under Water Episode six, The Concert.
Speaker 2: Diego Marcus, What the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: Due diligence. Let's got a move on, shall we, If you'd be so kind as to lend a head.
Speaker 2: Where are we taking them?
Speaker 3: You're not really in a position to be asking questions right now.
Speaker 1: It's okay, I'm gonna figure this out, that's what God, I'm gonna let anything happening.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I can take it from here. Can you at least tell me what's going on?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Nicholas. Can you tell me what you were thinking running your mouth to a local about our business.
Speaker 2: It's not like that. Diego's just been helping me out. We could trust them.
Speaker 3: He gave you away in three seconds flat when I talked to him yesterday. But when did you eve he was playing secretary while you were out with us. It's bad enough you are unreachable, but the fact that you deputize someone without asking my permission. Come on, man, he's homeled, He knew Honor's name. He could have been anyone on the other end of that call, and he would have led me straight to her. You get that clearly. I was wrong to think you can handle this job alone. Now I'm gonna have to finish it myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, you made your point. Just give me a chance to talk to me.
Speaker 3: I gave you that sha and you blew it. I'm sorry about this. It's nothing personal.
Speaker 2: I know I fucked up, but we ain't got to do this.
Speaker 3: You've left me no choice.
Speaker 2: You divorce, you always have a choice.
Speaker 3: How are you still so naive after working for me all these years? You've been slipping ever since you went off the rails in Chicago. This job was supposed to get you back in line, but instead you've just proved that I can't trust you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've been.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear it, Nicholas.
Speaker 1: Chicago's when I knew I had to get out of this shit. If I stay, I'm gonna lose what's left for me.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 3: All you had to do was get on or back to New York. Instead, you put her at risk. You failed, Nicholas.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry. So what happens now?
Speaker 3: It's like I told you gotta tie up some loose ends.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, I'm doing that.
Speaker 3: Fucked up and you'll be dealt with too. But he knows too much now, Nicholas s marky stop.
Speaker 2: I can fix this.
Speaker 3: That's not good enough. I need to know exactly what you're willing to do to make this right?
Speaker 2: What are you willing to do anything? I'll do anything.
Speaker 3: Not gonna cut it this time?
Speaker 2: Stop? Please, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: What this is what happens when you don't follow waters? Nicholas?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: What? I fucking my good Nicholas?
Speaker 3: Necholas?
Speaker 7: No, here you go.
Speaker 2: The fuck back?
Speaker 3: Easy?
Speaker 2: What the gun down?
Speaker 3: Nicholas?
Speaker 2: Where you hit? I'm okay, I missed.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you know what do you think you're doing?
Speaker 2: I said, stay where you are? Can you walk me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I could get the funk out of here and don't look back.
Speaker 3: You hear me?
Speaker 2: But how old about you? I'll be fine. I got some ship to take care of. Yeah, I'm so sorry man, I just I did go. I now we have finished this.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 9: Shoot me?
Speaker 3: You'll be dead within the hour. There are people who will come looking for me if I go dark. I'm not gonna shoot you, Marcus. I just needed to make sure you didn't hurt an innocent man. Go ahead, take the gun so noble, you could just as easily have saved yourself. Why let him go instead?
Speaker 2: Because I know you're not about to let me off this island alive. I don't think you ever were.
Speaker 3: Smart. Kid?
Speaker 1: Why bother lying by letting me have my freedom once this job was over.
Speaker 3: You've been a good employee all these years, loyal, obedient. I thought you deserved to be put down with some hope in your heart? Whose men as a kindness?
Speaker 2: Kid? The crazy thing is.
Speaker 3: You actually believe that shit every word, Nicholas. Now where is Anna?
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a memorial concert for her mother. She's performing there.
Speaker 3: You know where this venue is?
Speaker 2: I do, then?
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for? Move?
Speaker 7: You'd take my breath away?
Speaker 8: Yes, sounds great, Miss Thompson. Oh thank you. I'm just glad you can't hear my nerves and my voice.
Speaker 2: Not at all. We've got five minutes until places.
Speaker 4: Anything I can get.
Speaker 8: You another bottle of water would be great if you don't mind. Of course you're gonna do great.
Speaker 7: I hope you're right.
Speaker 4: It's Nico. Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, uh, it's me Anna. I don't know if you've already got your phone turned off for the show or whatever, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I really hope to see you out there.
Speaker 5: Nico.
Speaker 8: Okay, I I'll talk to you later. Bye, Come in, you can leave the water there.
Speaker 2: I don't worry.
Speaker 8: This won't take a long Hey, I know you we met in town.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: I didn't get a chance to say, you're even prettier in person than people.
Speaker 5: Let on, who are you?
Speaker 8: Have you been following me ever since?
Speaker 3: Of course? What did you really think you were just gonna be able to run away from what you did?
Speaker 8: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Don't play dumb. It doesn't suit you. Stay the funck back.
Speaker 3: There's no need for threats.
Speaker 8: Anna.
Speaker 3: Hurting you is in part of my.
Speaker 9: Job description job?
Speaker 8: Who do you work for?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Rex? That's impossible.
Speaker 8: That's interesting that you'd think.
Speaker 5: So, here's that water for you? Miss?
Speaker 6: Can I help you with something?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I was just stopping by to wish Miss Thompson good luck.
Speaker 2: We go way back.
Speaker 8: They're about to call places. All right, I'm ready this way. You know you're not supposed to say good luck backstage?
Speaker 2: Of course, break a leg away, heading out right now?
Speaker 5: You can wait right here.
Speaker 4: We'll be starting in just a few minutes.
Speaker 5: All right, is everything okay?
Speaker 7: You look pale, just nervous.
Speaker 5: It's totally normal.
Speaker 8: Just take some deep breaths, do whatever makes you feel grounded and safe. Okay, yeah, thanks, I left the voice memo for you.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you won't need it, but if your nervous get the best of you tonight, just take a.
Speaker 1: Listen, Ada a beautiful. I know you're scared right now, but you were born to do this. Don't worry about the crowd. Just pretend that I'm the only one out there and I see you people. I'll bet her keep it an eye on you, I'll bet he.
Speaker 2: Are you safe?
Speaker 3: You just focus on your breath.
Speaker 2: Can't do that for me.
Speaker 1: God, you got this on it, Miss Thompson.
Speaker 5: We're starting, okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Good turnout.
Speaker 2: People want to pay their respect, Jay Thompson, been a lot too us.
Speaker 3: A few days on the island and you're ready to be a local again. Yes, I am kind of poetic. Kit You may not have gotten to live here long, but at least you get to die here.
Speaker 2: Too bad.
Speaker 1: You couldn't bring yourself to stay in New York and let this island do your dirty words now?
Speaker 2: You just as fucked as I am.
Speaker 3: The hell are you talking about? Nicholas?
Speaker 1: You've told me to protect honor, and the only way to do that is to make sure that you can't get anywhere near her.
Speaker 7: Good evening, everyone, Thank you all for coming out to say goodbye to one of our island's favorite daughters.
Speaker 2: I may never get free of you, but at least I'll go down not that she is.
Speaker 7: Please join me in welcoming to the stage, Miss Anna Thompson.
Speaker 3: Nicholas, What did you do?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 6: Everyone?
Speaker 8: It's an honor to be with you tonight, and I know my mom would be honored too.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's her.
Speaker 8: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 3: Save the last dance for me.
Speaker 2: If your orchid's broken.
Speaker 8: To bring it to me, promise, sobbes, but not least too.
Speaker 3: When the party is over, you nowhere be.
Speaker 8: But swear to love you.
Speaker 7: When your hair is gray, a single wrinkle on your face to figure out I still beautiful? Oh yeah, you just go buy your gain a little wid em My vision starts su faide and so you'll see the best of me. You you know you.
Speaker 2: Think that we're all the same. For your second time, I gave him the other worst. Save the last dance for me. She's incredible.
Speaker 3: Shut up, I'm trying to listen so enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Why you can't he made it?
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't have missed this for the world.
Speaker 2: I need you both to follow me.
Speaker 3: The fuck is this guy?
Speaker 2: Special Agent Gabriel Miller? Prove it? Happy to now, let's keep this nice and civil.
Speaker 3: We don't want to make a scene.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, man age before beauty.
Speaker 3: Why are you so fucking calm?
Speaker 2: Come on, Marcus? Why do you think I agreed to bring you here?
Speaker 3: You're working with the cops.
Speaker 1: Don't work for anybody at least affoil you?
Speaker 7: Fuck this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey, what do you think stop? Can't let him get done? To stop right now?
Speaker 3: Anah huh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Just let me up.
Speaker 3: Hey, you need to get out. Please.
Speaker 2: I had to see you.
Speaker 8: Didn't I already tell you that I never wanted to see you again? How dare you show.
Speaker 3: Up, honor? Please?
Speaker 2: Let's just free. You're all away from a Marcus Nico.
Speaker 5: How do you know my dad?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Your dad?
Speaker 2: That is quite enough. Marcus Watts, you're under arrest.
Speaker 8: What the hell is going on?
Speaker 3: Cuffs are a little tight there. Havn't you done this before?
Speaker 2: Better?
Speaker 5: Fuck you?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Charming off me?
Speaker 3: What the hell is this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had to bring back up to make sure you cooperated. Nicholas, Hey, you're wanted for questioning two. Sorry to interrupt your concert. Ms Thompson sounded great. All right, Come on, Honor, I'll explain every day.
Speaker 8: Don't bother Nico.
Speaker 3: You did pay for a show, right.
Speaker 5: Let's try that again.
Speaker 2: Save the last days for me. If your heart gets broken, just bring it.
Speaker 1: To me from miss A by Lesberna.
Speaker 2: Least him in the parties and love plus well, love you and your hair's gray every single ringle aw your face, try to figure out how you're still beautiful. Oh yeah, because he is.
Speaker 3: Goodbye.
Speaker 9: Game Underwater is an Interval Presents original production with Temple Hill Entertainment and Clamor, starring Jason Derulo and Alexander Schipp. Written by Katrina Day, directed by Pat Kelly and Chris Kelly. Executive producer, Jason Derulo executive producers whom Interval Presents, Alan Coy and Jay Kleinberg executive producers from Temple Hill Entertainment, Marty Bowen with Godfrey and Alan Satisy executive producers from Klamor. Rich Statter, Aaron Hilliard, Adam Reynolds and Allison Chaneau Executive produced by Katrina Dack, executive producer from Future History grank Heiris Special thanks to Henry De Sources, Marketing Lead Samara Still, Business Development Lead Cheffy Ellen Sweg Maggie and Operations Lead Sarah U. Post production audio services by Kelly and Kelly. Sound design and mixed by Paul Teedeskini. Dialogue edited by Max Collins. Original music by Genevieve Vincent. Songs arranged by Genevieve Vincent. The cast includes Jason Derulo as an Eco, Alexandra Ship as Anna Kerry, Alexander as bank teller and additional voices. Bot Bridgeland is Jordan, Michael Darry as credit reader and additional voices, Anisia du Boise Dahlia and Young Dolly, Andrew Frankel as stranger in additional voices, Walter Gray the Fourth as male tourist and additional voices, Melissa Greenspan as female tourist and additional voices, Ellis Hunter as A, Jeremy Jordan as Gabriel, Josh Keaton as Mattea, Tara Langella as female guest and additional voices, Jonathan Leon as Young Mattea, Donnis Leonard Junior as Elias Parker, James Logi as young Boy, Emily Martinez as Carman, Michael McLoone as Marcus, Carla Renata as Bartender, John Carlos Savadoal as Diego, David Shatraw as male guest and additional voices. Andre Sugluzzo as Sebastian, Cameron Jay Wright as Young Nico, and Hannah Zamore as Mia. Produced by Lillian Holman, post produced by Justin Schow and Lauren Berkovic. Associate producer Erica Lowie. Music supervision by Melanie Mitchell. Music clearances by Deborah Manis Gardner DMG Clearances Incorporated. Audio engineered by Ian Fogerty and Ed mcintee at Gold Digger's Brett Tauban at the Relic Room and Jordan Sweet at Challice Recording Studio. Assistant engineered by Derek mcgrone and Emperorserti. Vocal coaching by Bianca Blush Atterbury. Casting by Marlice Gussenhauer, Sibby Kersh and Brentagata. Additional casting by Melissa Berger, Brennan Salem Everett, and Scott Forbes at cesd's act script supervisor, Tamara Black's production supervisor, Lindsey Sath, Production coordinators Ethan Aronson and Sean Green. Production assistants Chelsea Perry and Samara Malach. Additional special thanks to Riley Fulsom and Maxim Carlin. Underwater was recorded at Gold Diggers in Los Angeles, California, Chellis Recording Studio in Los Angeles, California, and The Relic Room in New York, New York. Make sure to follow Underwater and listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Sirius XM, or wherever you get your podcasts,