Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Jettie and now he Armstrong and yet.
Speaker 3: Too many historic days live from Studio C see Senior, a dimly lit room deeper in the fowls of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, kicking off a brand new week.
Speaker 1: At least for me, school starts. So the real year, the real serious part of the year, gets going today, Wolf and today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. Today's how does pop group Zelensky in the Euros.
Speaker 2: Performing in Washington, d C. Today?
Speaker 1: You know, there's never been a meeting like this ever in the history.
Speaker 2: Of the world.
Speaker 1: Claim that's a claim in a half, sir, there's anevit you to back that up there. There's never even close to been this level of world leaders meet at the Oval Office before. Now. Part of it is going back to World War II or whatever. Travel wasn't the same. But even like for the Gulf War or anything like that, they've never had a collection like you're gonna have at the White House today with the leaders of France and Germany and England and Italy and NATO's secretary generals and all that in Zelensky and Trump and Jade Vance is gonna be there. You don't have the cards. Oh no, it is an absolutely amazing show of diplomatic unity and by necessity from the point of view is Lensky in the Euros. I believe they just can't believe how putin friendly Trump emerged from the summit and are desperate to get his ear.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what, I'm not as disgusted as I was Friday.
Speaker 1: On Friday, I was disgusted, but I've been talked down sometimes by like hosts on CNN then an MSNBC who had a much more charitable view of the way things turned out in many cases than I did.
Speaker 2: Interesting, but Trump truthed out.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of hours ago. In case you were asleep, President Zelenski, Ukraine can end the war with Russia immediately if he wants to, or he can continue to fight. Remember how it started. No getting back Obama given CRIMEA twelve years ago, and no going into NATO by Ukraine. Some things never changed. But so it sounds like we're going into this meeting day with at least Trump planning to present it as a Look, you want to end it, you can end it today. Surrender, just give in to pretty much everything Putin wants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give into the invader. Great, that's what fine advice.
Speaker 1: But Marco Rubio was on every talk show yesterday. I can't imagine a more exhausting day than he had, because of course he was hit from a confrontational point of view every host he was on of every show, but he was just captain real politic on every answer.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not saying it's palatable. I'm not saying it's moral. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying it is what it is. But Putin's not giving back the land. Nobody's willing to push him out. Here's where we are. That was his thing all day yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm anxious to hear more of his interviews that caught just a little bit over the weekend. But that's just I'd say, that's what you've been saying for a long time. When people talk about it's unfair, when people talk about it's unfair that Russia took a chunk of land from a weaker neighbor, and blah blah blah, and what's it saying about the world and all that sort of stuff, which I agree with one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Were you been saved for a long time, you're not gonna push him out. No, I mean no, Ukraine can't. And apparently the world's not willing to help them.
Speaker 2: So all right, that's where we are.
Speaker 1: The time honored words of the bully carry great wisdom. Those words are what are you going to do about it? Or if you're not willing to do enough about it, it will stand, or an even briefer version which my dad outlawed in our home. Well, actually he did an outlaw and i'm our home when I was a kid. He he made it clear that if somebody says this, you're asking for whatever happens.
Speaker 5: Well, and he he imposed sanctions on your oil production too, that's right, which I.
Speaker 1: Skirted by getting to sending oil to my younger brother, who been clever bastard. The classic, I mean, this is the classic bully thing, Make me right, make me so, that's what's Putin's saying. Everybody's everybody's saying. But but they took the land in China, what will it look like? And it's not fair and nuts since world blah blah blah make me and nobody's willing to make him leave. I think that's where I got lost. Maybe on Friday, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't I didn't like the pageantry.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the riding and the beast and smiling and waven I didn't like any of that stuff because Putin might be the worst human being on planet Earth. Yeah, and I just don't like treating him like he's a nice guy. But I maybe lost sight of the fact that nobody's willing to actually fight him and push him out. So let's deal with reality.
Speaker 5: I think there are a number of nations that might be willing to go further in the sort of half measures. We've seen more armaments for Ukraine, more financing that sort of thing, but in terms of putting their own national security or prestige online, lending guys going in there and fighting by the Ukrainian sides, no, nobody's willing to go that far. So now on the stop gap end of it, it looks like all these nations are willing to put their money where their mouth is. There's lots of talk in the last twenty four hours of actual habit actually having European troops or NATO troops or guarantees or whatever. But as far as like going in there today and fighting to push putting out, nobody has stepped up to the plate on.
Speaker 1: That over three years.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: What do you think since I made a strong ish statement, what do you think of the pageantry and riding in the beast? Do you think that's a big deal or not? A doesn't think if it served a purpose, if it was part of a clever strategy, I would be fine with it. In spite of the whole You know, you've de isolated and isolated Pariyah and given him a platform and propaganda at home, because you know he got heaps of propaganda at home. If it served a greater purpose, I would think, Ah, that was clever. Lured him in with the pageantry and the flattery, then got him. Except the opposite happened. Trump was forceful, he was captain hard ass leading up to it. There's gonna be a ceasefire, there will be severe consequences. Gotta have a ceasefire to even talk about a bigger piece deal.
Speaker 5: Then walked away with no peace deal, no ceasefire, and no consequences, and singing the praises of his good buddy Vladimir.
Speaker 2: I thought the whole thing was disgusting.
Speaker 5: Well, could there be plot twists down the road that they make it seem like it was a better thought out strategy than it seems right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, Well, okay, that's a heck of a thing to say, Like, if I'm going to take the other side, I've been on your side since the moment I watched this thing on Friday, But if I was going to take the other side, it would be you're judging this based on the first two minutes of the movie. This is a stupid movie. Nobody's died, nobody's gotten married, nothing has happened. It just started, and to make any judgments about it would be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: That's what Marco Rubio was saying yesterday.
Speaker 1: And I think the strategy of making bold pronouncements with definite limitations and then pretending like they didn't happen twenty four hours later that they were never said.
Speaker 5: And I don't think that's a great way to lead frankly, but yeah, absolutely, things could end up in a much better place than they are right now.
Speaker 1: It is. It's interesting to me that everybody portrays it as Putin being the you know, the flatterer and getting what he wants. But when Trump does flattery, it's weakness. I don't you know, because because Putin's saying, uh, you know, this.
Speaker 2: War wouldn't ever happened if it weren't for you, and.
Speaker 1: All these different sorts of things, you know, sure, and talking about what a great guy Trump is and everything. That's scene as clever KGB strategy flattery to get what he wants. But when Trump does the same thing, more or less, rolling out the red carpet, treating h is eqal and equal to try to get what he wants, it's seen as weakness. I'm not sure that's fair.
Speaker 5: Counterpoint, Putin is one hundred percent not susceptible to that try.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm very I'm surprised that Trump thinks he is. I don't know that I agree with that presentation. I hated the red carpet like I like the B two bombers flying over.
Speaker 2: Everybody loved that.
Speaker 1: The second they shaked hands, shook hands, I mean, how did they get the timing on that? I mean, who is on the radio call and in Okay, it looks like they're gonna shake hands.
Speaker 2: In five four.
Speaker 1: I mean, because the moment they stand there, it's just sh the most powerful jet in the history of the world flies right over their heads with deafening noise, right right well, and the KGB agent looked up, smile and said, cool planes. Yeah, I agree with you, you said, I don't think that has any effect on him. I don't think that makes him Oh my god, that's right. They've got the best plane in the world or anything. I know he got planes. I know how many planes. I know what planes. As a friend of mine close to government said, I guess just actually unzipping their pants and measuring them would have been unseemly, so they went with them, flying the planes overhead. Thank god, we are are blurring out the scene on CNN, as it seems both men have unzipped their pants and now they're measuring their genitalia and what can only be seen as an unprecedented move.
Speaker 5: So, just as another flavor, a little salt in the cake, there's salt in a cake.
Speaker 2: It balances the sweet.
Speaker 1: There's sweet in like a rub you put on ribs.
Speaker 2: It's a balance. I just want to make this clear.
Speaker 5: I just read a long piece I was thinking about bringing it to the show. It's a little dry, a little longish about this girl who's working in the Equal Opportunity Commission. She was a Trump appointee first term and soon they're going to have a quorum, and she is enforcing civil rights law like it ought to be enforced.
Speaker 2: There's no racism. We don't allow racism in the country.
Speaker 1: There's no woke DEEI White people are bad. You know, quota's crap. We're going to force law. It's heroic. It might save the country, honest to God. And Trump is the engine behind it. He has brought the you know, the greatest cleaning crew in the world to try to clean all the woke out of America, which I have said is is the greatest threat against US internal self hatred and and martism.
Speaker 5: And Trump is leading the war against that. Love them for that, love them for that, often hate his foreign policy. I do not have Trump derangement syndrome. I have reality syndrome. R ass. It makes you unhappy all the time. Uh, but it's it's kind of grounding.
Speaker 1: Well if you if you're if you're pro the way Trump has handled this or not as bothered by it. As I was on Friday. Like I said, I think I've been talked down somewhat. Mark Alprin's got a very interesting piece today in his newsletter about how there is Trump derangement syndrome out there and attacking how this was handled over the weekend, and we can bring that to you. We should start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getti. This it is Monday, August eighteenth, first week of school for my kids. You're twenty twenty five. Where I'm strong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 5: All right, let's begin that officially according the FCC rules rags. Here we go at Mark.
Speaker 6: Now, it's really up to President Zolensky to get it done. And I would also say the European nations they have to get involved a little bit. But it's up to Presidents Olynsky. I think we are and if they'd like, I'll be at that next meeting. They're going to set up a meeting now between President Zelensky and President Putin and myself. I guess you know, I didn't even I didn't ask you about it. Not that I want to be there, but I want to make sure it gets done. And we have a pretty good chance of getting it done.
Speaker 1: The reporting is that the White House is hoping for a Putin Zelensky Trump meeting the three of them this week.
Speaker 2: This week Wow, Katie's headlines on the way next Armstrong and getting Wow, that's going to be some meeting at the White House today? Holy cow.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think there's zero chance there's not tremendous drama there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Is this gonna be like it was last time around, where the cameras are there and we're.
Speaker 2: All watching them uncomfortably as this plays out?
Speaker 1: Low it live? Or is this gonna be behind the scenes and gotta believe that all the visitors are gonna say, now, let's let's it's got to be close to hers I hope.
Speaker 2: So I think that makes it better. Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Can you imagine all the important negotiations and deals and arguments you've had in your life if there are cameras rolling plays terrible? All right, here's uh, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story.
Speaker 2: It's Katie Green Katie. All right, you guys touched on this, but it is the biggest story.
Speaker 7: ABC News Trump says Zelenski can end Russia war quote, almost immediately before the White House meeting.
Speaker 1: See, I'm I'm trying to understand that narrative that Trump's got a game here. But has he ever said that sort of thing about Putin? Putin could end this war today if he stopped the fighting and pull that. Has he ever said that?
Speaker 2: Not that I remember? No.
Speaker 7: From The New York Times, Trump says he'll quote lead a movement to eliminate mail in ballots.
Speaker 1: I know he truthed that in the middle of the night. I get so his energy level or the way his mind works or whatever.
Speaker 2: He's got one of the biggest meetings in.
Speaker 1: World history coming up today, and he's you know, truth and about other topics that he's really into. In fact, he truth like a couple hours ago.
Speaker 5: Just see the new flags that I put outside the interests look great? Wow, Wow, We'll never hear about the mail in ballot thing again.
Speaker 7: From Fox News. Sixty eight DC suspects arrested in single night as White House Trump's touts Trump's push to clean up the capital city.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool. From The Guardian, Being short is a curse.
Speaker 7: Men are paying thousands of dollars to get their legs broken and lengthened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Online dating, it's right there. You gotta be five eleven or more, six foot or more. You're a little felly. You gotta get your legs stretched. It's terrible that. So they actually they actually have a height thing, like you've list your height. I heard that, and then you can filter out so you don't even get a shot as like a guy who's five to nine. If it's somebody who wants somethy five to ten dollars.
Speaker 2: That's batal.
Speaker 5: You get a lot of lying. And then there's height inflation that women think. You know, I say six feet, I get a bunch of five nine guys.
Speaker 2: I better say six four. Pretty soon, it's.
Speaker 1: Only coming to be giants, biglock cole giants who can get a date.
Speaker 2: From the New York Post.
Speaker 7: Cambridge Dictionary ripped for adding nonsense slang term skibbety.
Speaker 2: To its database. English is no longer a language.
Speaker 1: If I've heard that word a thousand times in the last year, it probably ought to be in the dictionary.
Speaker 2: English is no longer a language.
Speaker 1: Is a little uh, little hand flappy, frantic there calumn down, everybody gibty toilet, give it a toilet.
Speaker 2: This one's also from the New York Post.
Speaker 7: Pregnancy robots could give birth to human children in revolutionary breakthrough.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that's not happening. I hope it's not happening.
Speaker 7: And finally, from the Babylon Bee, JB. Pritzker joins police force in hopes of getting a sandwich thrown at him.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is just plain of body shoing. Oh that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Who had the greatest defense of Donald Trump's weekend Mark Alpern in his newsletter, I think you'll find that pretty interesting, among other things.
Speaker 2: On the way stay with us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: That meeting was a disaster. It was an embarrassment for the United States. It was a failure. Pud got everything he wanted. I mean, first of all, he wanted that photo op right. He wanted to be absolved of his war crimes in front of the world.
Speaker 2: He was invited to the United States.
Speaker 8: War criminals are not normally invited to the United States of America. He is intentionally murdering civilians, he's kidnapping children, and now he got to stand next to the President of the United States, legitimized in the view of the world.
Speaker 1: So Senator Chris Murphy, Democrat, just wanted to play a little bit of what the you know, the other side was saying about this all weekend long. A lot of it was a disaster, and then you go through the numbers of ways it was a disaster. I was pretty unhappy with the result on Friday. I've been talked down by you know, variety of pundits that I like over the weekend somewhat. But I wanted to read to you from Mark Alprin's newsletter today, which I thought was really interesting. First, he does a list of all the negative things various news outlets have said about the way things went on Friday, and then he says, here's the actual list, in the way you ought to look at it.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Putin shows no signs of losing the war, losing public opinion at home, or stopping on his own. He has leveraged that Trump can't just talk him out of.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Trump is closely coordinating with Ukraine and Europe, whose leaders announced that they are joining Zelensky in DC on Monday. This was written the other day. Obviously, Trump can't make a unilateral deal without Europe and Ukraine on board, and he knows that. So any coming up with a deal while Europe and Zelensky aren't there, How is that ever gonna happen? Oh, that was never gonna happen, right, Well, that's they got hammered on that all weekend, every talk show. You got you accomplished nothing, You did not get a deal. Well, as Halprin's pointing out, how is he gonna make a deal without Zelensky there or the EU two say yeah, we agree. Anyhow, that's the mainstream media asking the wrong question or making the wrong accusation as usual.
Speaker 2: But on you go. That's fine for Trump.
Speaker 1: Can't suddenly change public or congressional opinion to be in favor of unlimited American taxpayer funding for a lendless war. There's just not enough backing to go that direction. As a number of people want a number of anyway, liberal media hosts want. Trump has now suggested the possibility of US security guarantees for Ukraine. The British say they will put boots on the ground. These are very very big developments from the we got nothing, Trump got everything. Camp I would say, possible British boots.
Speaker 5: On the ground in Ukraine that's not what Putin wants, right, Yeah, I just the whole thing's been so, I mean, one of my main objections to the way Trump approached it. Then what happened was that the entire description of what needed to happen, what ought to happen, the strategy just evaporated in thin air. Nothing that was said before matters now, and so nothing that was said subsequently matters now.
Speaker 2: Either I have no idea what to believe.
Speaker 1: You either agree with this one or not. Trump gave Putin a grand show in Alaska that was meaningless pomp and if making the Russia dictator feel like a big guy helps get a deal. It was the smartest and cheapest red carpet treatment ever, basically with no downside. He says.
Speaker 2: It won't but is there a downside?
Speaker 1: I didn't like the look of it, But is it actually you tried to flatter him it didn't work. Is there is that a no harm, no foul? Or is that a giant deal that he has got in the red cart treatment?
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: It gave him a pr coup at home, But I don't know how big a deal that is.
Speaker 2: He's a dictator. Forgetting rights exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these you know it's funny, Well go ahead, I'll If ending the war were easy, Joe Biden would have done it.
Speaker 1: This is hard stuff, unlikely to happen in the first three hour act of the drama.
Speaker 5: That gets again, I have to disagree. Joe Biden didn't even do the easy stuff.
Speaker 2: That gets to my uh, the movie just started.
Speaker 1: So Trump can in a flash bring back sanctions or military aid to Ukraine if Putin won't budge sufficiently for Europe and Kiev. But emphasizing such steps publicly now is not conducive to getting an agreement. The where are the sanctions you promised? The where are the this? And that he could do that at three this afternoon. It's not off the table forever because it didn't happen on Friday. I think that's a ing point.
Speaker 2: Has did anybody put it direct? Did Hen? Did he put it directly to Trump?
Speaker 1: Why is your stance now so different than it was going into the meeting. I haven't heard that put It Is there something brand new that you're told? Well, I think I have an answer to that, But let me finish this list one more. Sadly, no one can expect Putin to make a deal to stop without giving him stuff in exchange, including Ukrainian land. That's getting to Marco Rubio's real politic all day long yesterday. You might not like it, it might not be moral, blah blah blah, but here's where we are. And Helpin wrote, I don't know if the fact that the news coverage and commentary is almost entirely informed by the by the first list is because of hatred for Trump or something else. But this is madness to look at the way the mainstream media is looking at it. According to Mark Alpern's non partisan opinion on it, what was the thing you brought up?
Speaker 5: I said, I had an answer to has anybody has Trump gotten a new piece of information or something like that? Because I suspect Halpern is working to preserve his access to Trump. Honestly, those are He was responding to the media there, which is fair enough, but he's not responding to Trump.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 5: I'm judging it by Trump's own descriptions and only his descriptions, and I can't figure out what the hell happened.
Speaker 1: I think, based on things Rubio said and some of the reporting that's out there, that they got in the room, and it became very clear, very fast that Putin wasn't budging on a couple of things that Trump maybe foolishly thought he would budge on fair enough. You know, maybe you can knock Trump for going in there thinking there was ever a chance that Putin was going to give on some of these things. But I think he went in there thinking, at least, you know, we've got this to discuss, and and Putin made it clear, Na, this is not even, We're not even, We're not even. I'm not even gonna talk about.
Speaker 5: This, right, I'll fight till the end of time before I let that happen, that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say, one thing, if I was going to give Trump any some benefit of the doubt on this was having him having done a lot of deals in his life, is sometimes you realize, I mean, the whole you don't have the cards. Trump was probably standing there thinking, we don't have the cards. And unless we're willing to go to war for this and put boots on the ground and actually fight, he says he's not giving up the land, who's gonna push him out of there?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And honestly, the fact that nothing happened is not that significant because look how quickly the follow up me came about. So now he's gonna meet with the Euros and uh and Zelensky and try to figure out, all right, what are you willing to do? What are we all willing to do to push Putin off? And then a praise whether it's it's adequate to the task or not. Again, I'm keeping an open mind because often the route to the.
Speaker 1: Best possible outcome is rocky and confusing, and and maybe people say things and go back on them later, but that's the nature of things.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 5: I don't have Trump derangement syndrome. I just was judging the thing on Trump's own terms, and it was very, very different than he described.
Speaker 2: But here we go next step.
Speaker 1: I personally thought the red carpet thing, writing writing in the beast, smiling, waving thing was disgusting. I mean like disgusting. The guy's bombing children. What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't. I just don't get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 5: That bothered me less than the little speech he gave afterward, the ad lib speech about how well do they get along? And you know how what a good guy is and an important power rush is it's like, what the hell? But again, maybe if that's the sort of flattery that comes in the midst of negotiation, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And not to lean on this one newsletter too much, which I probably am. Mark Alprin did top ten oval office disasters in US history, and Trump Zelensky was in there. But he also had a bunch of them that I'd never heard of, Churchill and Truman, Kennedy and Khrushchev. And I think his point was these things happened that at the time everybody thought was the biggest deal in the world. But you've never even heard of them, have you, Because they ultimately didn't mean that much. The little blow up Today, I think we'll have a lot more clarity by the end of the day. I did want to throw this in. Do I have time to throw this in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think here I've said this before. I don't think I've ever explained properly. I'm a big Henry Kissinger fan, and he was the giant of foreign diplomacy like my entire lifetime. Up until his death a couple of years ago, every president would call him up when they were in a sticky situation, whether it was Clinton and Obama or the Bushes or whoever they would call. Henry Kissinger he ran the foreign policy for the Nixon administration, and he one time talked about the problem with the media and leaks and all that sort of stuff and how that gets in the way of diplomacy and why you've either got to keep stuff secret or try to ignore this. And he said, these are relationships, and it's just like if you had a love relationship but you had all the leaks and media commentary on the side disrupting it. How would two people ever come together in love if you had You know, you got a guy and a girl that are flirting with each other. She's kind of hoping he asked her out or whatever, and he got somebody yelling, do.
Speaker 4: You realize he's not over his last girlfriend? You have you heard he's not over his last girlfriend? Have you heard reports that she had an abortion in high school? Is that true or not? You know, just stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would never come together. It would be impossible. And that very same dynamic can happen with this stuff.
Speaker 5: I agree, well, said doctor Kissinger. And so that's.
Speaker 1: Why sometimes they don't you don't Rubio saying yesterday you don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes, and I'm not gonna comment on that. Right. In fact, we got a clip of that. I think it was a he was on every show yesterday. I think it was a person on Face the Nation saying, but you haven't explained anything that's been gotten. He said, no, one, I'm not going to explain anything that has happened yet because we're in the middle of negotiations.
Speaker 5: Right, right, and fair enough. I don't reject that at all, and you should not reject this at all. Friends, a word from our friends at trust and will get security and a piece of mind and piece of not a piece of mind, peace of mind by making it a state plan. Now, do not doom the people you care about to lengthy and expensive legal battles or the stinking government deciding what happens to your assets after you go. Get a secure estate plan. Now it's very affordable.
Speaker 1: A friend of his said, he's only interested in you for yours for the sex. Your response, that would make it very difficult, is the point. So this is what you want to do. You want to get started on this today. You can do it it's got all the encryption if you're worried about that sort of stuff to keep everything a secret, live customer support through chat, phone or email to make you be able to pull this off. And it's customized for your state laws and everything like that. Imagine the peace of mind you'll have once you get this going. And here's your headline.
Speaker 5: You can create and manage your custom estate plans starting at one hundred and ninety nine dollars. Secure your assets, protect your loved ones with trust and will so affordable and you get twenty percent off on your estate plan documents by trust in Will dot com slash armstrong. That's trust and Will dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 1: I was I followed it all on Friday. I was disgusted by the end of the day, Like I said, I've been talked down from my disgust somewhat. We had an agent who was a New York guy who kind of reminds me of the way Trump deals, and we were often flustered, flummoxed, angry, like trying to figure out what his bargaining situation was. It was just like it was. It was. It was so opaque trying to figure out what was going on what the strategy was, right, Yeah, and it turns out to be completely ineffective and we fired him. I don't know if that was it, but but in terms of the tactic, I don't know if that's a New York thing or what.
Speaker 5: We're gonna keep him off balance. It's to surprise him. We're gonna confuse them, We're gonna anger.
Speaker 1: Them and then get no results.
Speaker 2: That's what we're gonna write. Right, So good story, though. Okay, we've got a mail bag coming up with a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay here, Like somebody tweeted this at us. We have no information whatsoever to go off of. So why are you so disappointed? I guess that was Mark Alpern's point. We have very little information at this point. We're gonna get a lot more information today, there's no doubt. Uh yeah, fair enough. Okay, Uh, here's your freedom loving quote of the day. You know what's funny is uh I decided to to chase down a quote from the infamous Michelle Foucaut, the French philosopher who brought us critical theory.
Speaker 2: Boy, I did a.
Speaker 1: Deep dive on him. The other day. Gay gentlemen died of ade, super rich, grew up, hated his parents.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the typical revolutionary.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, this is the guy at the heart of he is thee is the George Washington of DEI and critical theory and radical gender theory and queer theory and the rest of it. And you know, I was gonna come up with some anti.
Speaker 5: Freedom loving quotes of the day from this joker, because I want to let everybody. I want everybody to know who he is and that he's at the heart of all this crap.
Speaker 1: But it's so incoherent. That's what everybody says, is that his most famous and incoherent. His most famous books are impossible to read. Why why are all the like the Marxist book and stuff? Why are they also impossible to read? And then people latch onto mind comp's impossible to read? Yeah, well he's yeah, terrible. Uh so, But I went with this one.
Speaker 5: Penal law was not created by the common people, nor by the peasantry, nor by the proletariat, but entirely by the bourgeoisie as an important tactical weapon in this system of divisions which they wish to introduce whatever whatever, jackass, Yeah, please don't steal from me.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Bourgeoise.
Speaker 2: He came up with.
Speaker 1: That because simple villagers loved being stolen from, they loved seeing their women raped, they liked being murdered. It's a good point, Michelle, thanks for that great philosophy. God, you'd have to be a pudding head at eighteen year old to fall for this bull less holy cow. More on that later, pass its Ellen all that had made a pudding mailbag.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we got a ton of really.
Speaker 1: Critical emails about Trump in Alaska from our beloved folks.
Speaker 2: Why didn't he get up and leave after two minutes? Side show Bob writes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of my favorite pundits like he should have even if he sat down and had the meeting, he should have left immediately thereafter, not stood up there with Putin and let him ramble on with his bull less Yeah. We're gonna play some Marco for you next hour. But let's see Phil right as appalled at how pathetic Marco's excuses for the fiasco in Alaska came across. He thought his body language expressed conflict. He sounded completely different from his speaking style as a senator. I didn't take it sounded whiny and pathetic. You did foreign policy then and now walks off and carry a big stick versus boast loudly and swung wildly, harming allies and emboldening adversaries.
Speaker 2: We'll have to see. That's very critical.
Speaker 5: Let's see, Rich says, was he waving a piece of paper declaring piece for our time?
Speaker 1: Briefly, it could be talk loudly and hope it works because you have no cards.
Speaker 2: It could be no stick, Well, no stick you're willing to use.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about the tens of thousands of stolen Ukrainian children.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then Marina from San Diego wants me to do my Russian accent with Putin making excuses.
Speaker 2: That sounds amusing. Maybe later.
Speaker 1: More importantly, Tom writes, gents and lady, I saw a cyber truck with a goat in a custom case in the bed the other day. I thought that has to be Jack Armstrong. First I thought that has to be Joe Getty. Then I remember people always get you guys mixed up.
Speaker 5: That's correct, it's Jack who had that truck, even if it wasn't you Jack. I get a huge kick out of seeing a goat in the bed of US cyber truck. Confirmed, and I doesn't matter, have a great week. I do own a cyber truck and have many goats. I'm a goat adjacent to yes.
Speaker 2: And then a reminder of how moronic the media is. And we only need to take a moment to contemplate this.
Speaker 1: It's a headline about Jasmine Crocket, the mouthy phony no no, yeah, Houston congress lady who gets into drawing matches with.
Speaker 2: Marjorie Taylor Green, et cetera, et cetera and everyone.
Speaker 5: It's a headline about a disagreement she has with the Texas governor. But it's immaterial because the photo she's talking to a crowd and waving to them, and she's giving a freaking Nazi salute. I mean it is in a still frame. I mean, like a good stiff le Hitler.
Speaker 1: Salute Nazi Germany.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when we were actually asked to take that seriously? When Elon Musk waved to a crowd and somebody took a pick and it can you imagine we were asked to take that seriously even though practically every politician that's ever waved to a crowd, you know, could be caught like that. So cannot have enough contempt for those people in the mainstream media interested in your thoughts on Friday, where you are on that We got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of other stuff to talk about too. If you missed a secment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty