Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on. These are our stories.
Speaker 3: Done done, Yay, that's messed up in sv podcast, coming at you right at the correct speed.
Speaker 4: I'm Lisa Trigger.
Speaker 1: And I'm Kara Klank And every week it's SVU, it's true crime, it's interviews, and it's chatting. And thank you to so many of you who wrote us that the stuff Lisa was talking about is called pre wrap.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. I will try to get some.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, I'm back channeling to Rosie's coach and telling him that he needs to tell her she has to tie her hair up because she will listen to him, but she won't listen to me, so we'll see what he'll listen to him. She did her first practice and her hair was just like hanging down. She was wearing her little Dodger's hat. It's fucking crazy. In LA. They we pay ten dollars for them to do baseball. They get baseball socks, baseball pants, a practice jersey and away jersey, a home jersey, and a Dodger hat, like and it all has Dodger stuff on it. I mean, it's like the Dodgers subsidizes it. But it's like amazing. And she was just wearing her Dodger hat with her like mountain of hair. She's also getting a haircut today, so she needs to I'm sure not. She keeps going I want like this, she wants like two inches off, but like she just we just need to lighten it up for summer.
Speaker 4: It's like a wall of hair.
Speaker 1: She's a conundr. I just don't know, because I know I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like Kelly Bensimon, like running with hair down, like doing anything with hair down that's physical.
Speaker 1: Is I can't even hair down. I bring a hair clip for when I go out to eat, like I can't. I don't want it anywhere near me If I don't have a hair tie a hair clip something I start. It's like sort of like you when I feel like you have to use your somewhere where you can't pete readily. I'm like panicking, like I'm like, what is this just gonna be on my neck? Like I can't do it, so and I don't know.
Speaker 2: Where she came from and I'm becoming a cliche and I'm sorry about this, but I did go to an AMC twenty seven minutes of previews and ads. I would have Pete in the middle. I could have never imagined it would keep going. And then four commercials after the twenty three minutes of previews.
Speaker 1: It was like I and so I saw the drama. Of course, I can't wait. I need to. I don't want to know anything, but can I say the worst?
Speaker 2: So I get to I knew I had to see it immediately because of spoilers. Like I knew I had to get to it, and I like, I liked the trailer. It got me excited. So it's like, I gotta go to the movies. Also Zindaa's and two trailers. While I'm sitting there, she's a star, so not that anyone doesn't know that, but anyways, so I go to the bathroom obviously to pee before the movie. I sit down, look at my phone and it's a spoiler. No first, it's the and it's like, my phone obviously did that on purpose. It knows what it's doing. The account didn't on purpose. Why would that be the first thing on my phone? I why wouldn't it be heated rivalry, Like, why wouldn't it be something else.
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: So I so, I was actually very annoyed. I was truly moments away. And maybe that's like, I mean, we already know, you know, phones are bad technology, it's a nightmare, but that was like so fucked up to me. That's crazy. Yeah wow, but now I get to be a part of all of it. And it didn't ruin it, like spoilers don't actually ruin stuff. But I was so excited to be surprised.
Speaker 1: They're so like, I mean, I keep hearing about this twist, but I don't hear me, I hear it. It's it's not a twist, like it's oh someone said it was a big twist.
Speaker 4: That it's because they're stupid.
Speaker 2: It's like the it's it's set up that she's revealing something crazy, and so she reveals something crazy, Like what's the twist.
Speaker 4: We know she's gonna reveal something.
Speaker 1: Okay, and maybe you didn't see coming what she's revealing. Well that's the whole boy. Yeah, that's not the twist. That's not a twist. A twist is I didn't know what happened. We were gonna be surprised with her deepest, darkest secret. That's what it sets up, and that's what it was.
Speaker 2: So anyone that's saying it's a twist is like confused unless they saw a different trailer that didn't allude to the secret and they thought it was a rom com or something.
Speaker 1: No, this was a friend of mine that saw it and goes, there's just a big twist at the end.
Speaker 4: That's like pretty big.
Speaker 1: Cause I was like, oh why, what's because my friend goes to somebody, oh, did you see the drama last night? And I go, oh, why, what's happening? Like I was like, what do you mean what drama? What's going on?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I want to like hear what the gossip is. And they're like, no, no, the movie the drama And I go, oh, oh, sorry, what's that And they were like, oh no, it's this movie with Zendeia and Robert Pattinson. And I was like, oh yeah, I've been seeing them on all their press and she was like, oh, it just has like a big twist in it. But we didn't really get into it beyond that because I said, oh, don't tell me.
Speaker 4: No, but that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Maybe they didn't see the trailer at all and just sort of like, I'm gonna go to a Zendea movie and she's in address, so I think it's a rom com And now I'm confused. But if you saw the trailer I saw where it's what's the worst thing you've ever done? And then everyone doesn't like her answer, Like I don't know what would the twist would be, but you know, I guess people were maybe extracting something else.
Speaker 4: It is like weird. I don't know. I mean, but it was it good? You liked it? I did, and I would see it again. I mean.
Speaker 2: The thing is like a friend called me and like I saw her post about stuff and hate it and she was like and then this and this, and I go, yeah, but what if that's the point, Like what if your reaction is the point? And like you're supposed to feel these things, and like it is actually a good movie even if you hate these things about it because you're supposed to hate it, Like I don't know, it's interesting, it's new. It's hard to see things that are like haven't been done before. And I thought this was like that, and I.
Speaker 1: Liked the opening, like I was into it, and I loved their little press run.
Speaker 2: I don't know about Robert Pattinson. He seemed kind of boring to me. I'm obsessed with him now. Number I mean, he's so fun and silly. And the Jennifer Lawrence pressed he did, I'm like, Oh, he's like one of the girls, and like, I like him.
Speaker 1: I think he's like really silly from what I hear, or he's really weird.
Speaker 4: He's weird. Everyone's like he's weird, like you just don't know what he's gonna. I like that.
Speaker 1: I was never a Twilight person. I just talked to ever something in the podcast. I don't like, I was never a Twilight person. So I like Robert Pattinson. He's been in and out for me. Do you watch Darling Patre Oh the drama? No Twilight, Twilight. I've never seen it. Oh interesting, And my soul cycle teacher loves it, so i'd be more in the know in terms of.
Speaker 4: Like the classes.
Speaker 1: Yeah we should do that. Yeah let's watch twice one but one movie per episode. I'm not watching like three.
Speaker 2: Episodes, like no, we can of course not because I'm reading now, so like I can't really I can't really do that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, And what's interesting that I was just talking about with someone is like Twilight is what led to fifty Shades of Great because fifty Shades of Gray was based on fanfic fanfick of Twilight. But everybody was always like that is written so badly, and it feels like now we're in this moment of like everybody reading like smut gay like gay hockey, Like everybody's reading like very smut. Like there's all kinds of different, like sexy shit out there, but I think it's now well written, and so someone like the Fifty Shades Lady probably wouldn't make it now because I don't know even think your shit has to be sexy and be better ro people are still snobs because, like I told someone even asked her, I'm like, ohyeah, I finished all her books.
Speaker 4: I'm doing these other books.
Speaker 2: I'm on this book and she go, I go, yeah, I'm like I'm really into them. She goes, well, they're easy reads, that's why you're doing it fast. I'm like, not easy for me, bitch, I'm reading pretty slowly, like I don't know what to tell you. But and people like to be like I heard, they're not that good. I'm like, well they're good to me, Like people are still annoying, I think, no matter what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like a hard read is like where the author stops for like like twenty pages and does like historical research on like a time on like you know what people were wearing back in seventeen seventy four, Like I don't know. That's like that's the kind of shit Jared read sometimes where I'm like, you're just like doing it on hard mode to what brag Like it's yeah, I don't. Well, if he retains information, that's cool. I just don't really retain much, so I can't really be reading that kind of in depth. I guess I do for our show. You do retain a lot. I would say you're a retainer. But when things go off. That's like a lot of books, like things will go off into like other shit, and I feel like that's what I like losing listen and.
Speaker 2: I've read House of Leaves, Like if people want to come at me, I've read Anne Rand, Like what do you want, Like, I've done it.
Speaker 4: I've done it. I've not read iin Rand before. I'm just saying I have it.
Speaker 2: It's in the library at my parents' house, Like I've read these books, but right now I finished Starshiped. I loved it. I'm onto her next book, kat Sebastian. She's my new fave. It's called We Could Be So Good, set in nineteen fifty eight. Newspaper reporters ooh all gay gay of course, okay, okay, And I already bought her next book, and it's Baseball, guys, and I'm ready for it.
Speaker 4: It's baseball, my amazing No.
Speaker 2: But people are always going to be snobs no matter like if teen girls like it or women like it, it's not going to be received well or treated as something special.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw in the movie Theater, the Mario movie.
Speaker 2: Oh You're so lucky, because you know I have I already have the Happy Meal toy.
Speaker 4: I have one of the Happy mal so cute.
Speaker 1: Random is it that Donald Glover is the voice of Yoshi. He doesn't talk, He just makes squeaky noises, like he doesn't say anything. He just goes like Yoshi. So it's like get your money, Donald, But like it's just a strange anyway. It was really overstimulated, you know, it's like very colorful and crazy. I also watched two episodes ago, Craigan was on the fucking pit and he was so good and I cried. He made me cry. It was not even a like death episode. It was like literally just he's he's like an older man and like him and his what his way, Like he accidentally like hits his wife with a car, like not not runs over her, but like hurts her hip, you know. And it's like his daughter, their daughter comes in and she's actually a great actress from Glow and she's like, you guys, like you have to go into assisted living, like you cannot, Like you're not, You're just like can't live this way. You're gonna keep hurting yourselves. And it's just they have to like convince them. And it's just like he has like a really sweet moment with like one of the doctors about like getting old, and I just like was he made cry.
Speaker 4: He was so good.
Speaker 1: And maybe it's because I have more emotion buried into that actor than most people, but I thought he was really great.
Speaker 2: Oh, people were raving, people were raving. I saw people were going nuts. They like, yeah, they were excited to see him. Yeah, it was great. It was really great. And also Marishka's gonna be on Broadway.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be.
Speaker 2: Saw Yeah, I gotta go, I gotta go. Yeah, I don't know what her dream come true. It's so crazy. It's like being I'm like, oh God, her dreams are coming true, and it's like I know a few of her dreams already have, but I'm still so happy for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: It's sort of taking it this so long and then hopefully she could fucking hostess and now, like, what the fuck do you think? When she saw Connor's story do it so quickly, she was like, what the fuck I've been begging.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know the store in my neighborhood. Maybe you don't.
Speaker 2: It's called Random Accessories. I go there to buy Kitchi gift stickers whatever. So I get I get a set of SVU pens. They're at the They're at this, They're at the desk, the check out.
Speaker 4: Honor.
Speaker 2: One is Reddit, says Benson and Stabler. One is white, it says especially heinous. One's black says done.
Speaker 4: Done. One is blue. It says that's messed up.
Speaker 2: Like what, I just feel like iced teat like that it was important enough for us to name our podcast that but if the other ones are Benson, Stabler, especially Heinous and Done Done, like for them to do a niche that's messed up, Like are they using our podcast? Like what is happening with these pens? Or am I self involved? Am I too self absorbed? I don't know, but I'm looking at here they are, this is the brand. So what do you think I am interesting because it is something. I mean, this person who made them could be a big fan because I bought the I bought some heated rivalry pins obviously too, so it's the same.
Speaker 4: Can't read what it says. It says wow, genetic wow.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so what are your thoughts? Like, am I being crazy? Or are we being I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we have been around for five years. It's and it's not the most I definitely think we had to explain it to people at some people at the beginning.
Speaker 4: I don't think everybody's like, oh yeah, because to not have.
Speaker 1: Bells are fit, I don't know, especially Hainus, done Don and Benson and Stabler are like not on the same level as that's messed up.
Speaker 4: Maybe they but what would have been.
Speaker 1: Yes, That's what I'm trying to think, not in the criminal justice system, like something from the Opening or like or dedicated Detectives or like, I don't know, something like that, maybe something from the Opening. I mean, the Opening is the thing that's like everyone's sort of most iconic thing.
Speaker 2: Sammy, Sammy Goren, Sammy Goren, what's your deal?
Speaker 4: What's your deal with your little pens? Whatever? I bought them. Either way, I bought them, you know, either way.
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of supporting the arts. So you know, the weather's been nice in New York, and so I've been sitting at the coffee shop, you know, enjoying the rays. And it was like a busy morning. And then I sat down and had a few beers. And then one of the other regulars hung up a poster at the store next door for like a school that can't that's doing Shrek the Musical but can't afford like set in costumes with a QR code to donate. And I was like, sir, you could have not hung this poster in front of the more correct person. And I'm like, four beers in, are you kidding me? So obviously we'll post this on our Instagram. But obviously I about Cape's ears. Everything they wanted they have like an Amazon link, and then I sent it to all the theater people I know, and so like all these comics and theater people are like donating, and I hope we all go. But the guy ran out from the coffee shop. He goes, we're going to put you in the program. I go, you don't have to do that. Like I'm just kind of drunk. I'm like, it's fine. I didn't even give that much, but like.
Speaker 4: It's so smart.
Speaker 1: It's such a smart idea because people could just go into Amazon and like buy things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was so easy.
Speaker 2: So we'll post the the photo of the poster because obviously I can't shirlink.
Speaker 1: You have to take a photo of the QR code. I don't know how else to do it. But yeah, PS thirty four. So I thought that was cute. So if people want to get involved, yeah, yeah, send it to me. I'll put it on the ist. And if you guys want to give to the Shrek, yeah, Trek the musical.
Speaker 4: PS.
Speaker 2: Thirty four, and then obviously I'm going but you know, I sent it to Marshabelski, Jake Cornett, I sent you know, John Marco, I sent it to people that Doran Anderson donated immediately.
Speaker 1: We're going, you know, like we have to support the arts and we have to support them when they're young.
Speaker 2: But now he like is always saying hi to me, and I'm just like, sir, I'm not as friendly as I am. Four beers in, you caught me, like you really caught me at like a nice moment, but like.
Speaker 4: Not at ten am. Honey, Yeah, this isn't gonna this isn't going to continue. No, it will, it will.
Speaker 1: I definitely want to be Oh, we haven't even talked about Amanda Batula and West Wilson.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yes, people have been messaging being like Lisa needs to text West and get in front.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, well I don't think that's happening, but no.
Speaker 2: But I've been defending him, so I obviously feel like really kind of you know, upset. I knew he was a fuck boy, but I didn't think he was like we were rooting for you, we were all rooting for you. Well I'm bad. I'm more mad at Amanda because we hate Kyle. I've hated Kyle for eleven seasons. This was our opportunity to dunk on Kyle. Fuck you Kyle, you cheating, liar, loser, You kept her down, you dj fuck you did nothing for her birthday.
Speaker 4: We hate you.
Speaker 2: We were gonna have that moment a man, and now he's like nice that he even gets to like that he does a photo with her and it gets to like be the good guy.
Speaker 4: I'm livid.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that point of view, because, of course you're much more of a summerhouse scholar.
Speaker 4: I don't really watch.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't watched this season because, as you know, I've been reading.
Speaker 4: That's right, you're literary now.
Speaker 1: But I literally was like, I was like, wow, Kyle is coming out pretty good in all of this, because they're stopping him on the street and he's looking like a victim. Because now everyone thinks that this all started maybe a lot longer ago than they're acting like it did.
Speaker 4: Of course it did.
Speaker 2: The des Moine June said, a seasonal house member is cheating. Of course I assume it's a man. Of course I assume it's Kyle, no doubt my fucking mind.
Speaker 4: It was them.
Speaker 1: It was them, of course it was them, Snake. So in case anybody is listening, he doesn't know what we're talking about. And also hasn't been on the internet. I feel like I know people that don't even watch Bravo that know about this, Like Mom Donnie has weighed in on this, like this is literally like a cultural thing that's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a group like a mess now.
Speaker 1: People are saying it's like scandall, and it's like, you know, it's start backing. It's not apples to apples up, but it's like it's a similar situation, only in this sense that it's like two people on Summerhouse have been married forever, Kyle and Amanda. Lisa talked about them before. He's a shithead. He went to my college and then Sierra, one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life, was dating this guy West who's in the house. Lisa was on Watch What Happens Live with him and he was He kind of fucked her over, but then everyone was kind of forgiving him.
Speaker 4: But then he got back together with her almost this current this.
Speaker 2: Courrent season, they've just been like hanging out and vibing and they were at the Super Bowl together and like, at the end of the day, he did fuck up.
Speaker 4: He led her on.
Speaker 2: She was very adamant about saying like I don't fuck around, like I only like to be in committed things for sex and ye stuff. He took her to a wedding, took her to his family's farm, and then was like no, thank you. So like he got lured by the fame. It was humiliating and so part of us. It wasn't like hell, yeah, like hopefully Sierra can just date outside of the fucking house. But it was like sweet because we do like Wes. He's funny and charming and whatever. Yeah, So like it was nice that she was starting like it was nice. It's nice to see, Yeah, I'll get along.
Speaker 1: But essentially her best Amanda who got out of this bad marriage that we've been waiting that everyone's been waiting on her to get out of. And Sierra's holding her hand the whole damn time, and then she goes and start announces that oh my god, these feelings came out of nowhere and we just like developed we start and so her in western dating now and everybody's really.
Speaker 2: He's not even fuck they're like a sign relationship. He's fucks around, he's not with her. The thing is, she was about to have ad campaigns, the city shows. Coming out, she lost business stuff, but also friendship, the future of this show, like yeah, like we is Raquale for what for? West Will said, there's no way he fucks that good, Like you can't fuck anyone out of the house. We were so I was so excited to see sexy, hot single Amanda in the streets of New York. Fucking hot guys, I know that, Like, why do I think they why do you think they announced, Like did an announcement like oh because love instead I didn't going I thought love. They didn't say love. It was a joint statement of we're seeing what's up. Like it wasn't even like we're together. That's right, But I think a joint statement means something. To even come out with a joint statement means something. Whereas she could have just said I fucked up. I'm so sorry, Sira, I hooked up with him. Please forgive me blah blah blah, instead of like give us privacy while we navigate this, Like it just felt like she they were treating it like a more serious relationship, Whereas I think that's bad for everything in her life that you just stated.
Speaker 4: Like your business, her personal life, for friendships. It's but now Siara's gonna get it all.
Speaker 2: Like everyone loves her, everyone's rooting for her, famous people love her, like everyone loves her, and like she's already being funny. In her Red Carpet interview, she was already working, like she is already successful, smart person, and now she's going to be catapulted by like that. And the reunion is still has to film, which is exciting. Oh, I'll tell you why the statement happened, so like I'll watch the rumors were happening. The rumors were happening, and then the other cast members started posting shitty things and unfollowing. And that's because West and Amanda were on a couple's trip. Like that's what I get. So then they come back, but it's like, girl, you had an Edie Parker ad come out the same day of your joint. She like, you fucked over your best friend for no reason? Yeah, for no reason? So wait, did I already see I don't know if I saw you, guys, but like some I'm like walking as the story is breaking, and I see a girl on a patio and Amanda is on her phone, and so I turned to the woman and I go, can you even fucking believe this? And she goes, what what? And I go, oh, sorry, I saw your phone. Sorry, I was like looking at your phone fully. But then we ended up talking for like ten fifteen minutes about the situation.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was snooping on you, like looking at what you're looking at.
Speaker 4: I just saw Amanda, but I'm like, can you believe?
Speaker 2: She goes they took down the ad, and I go and she looked fucking hot, but like she.
Speaker 4: Is, they took down immediately. That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: That day they posted a headless nothing of a model the T shirt hanging because like in Amanda's photos there's under boob, which is like hot. This was like just the T shirt head chopped off and it said a lot can change in a day. And then Edie Parker sent me stuff. I love Edie Parker and so and I've bought for Edie Parker before they even sent me stuff, and I DMed them and they just they didn't they didn't give me any information.
Speaker 4: But I tried, guys, I tried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm of course, yeah, that's a crazy like take though it's a great take that I didn't realize is like this could have been This could have been the time for Kyle to finally get.
Speaker 4: And the girls. It's oh accountability.
Speaker 2: It's like when the girl it's like, it reminds me of Lalla and Sheena going with Sandaval and it's like a man. It's like, it's what we always say, don't go to jail for a man. It's like, whenever you center or put a man in front of girls in your life and your business and your everything, this is what happens. Yeah, has no one's seen the movie Burian, Like, this is what happens when you do that.
Speaker 4: That's what happens. You get fucked, You get fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, like I didn't even I don't even know Sierra very well from Summer House. I love her from Traders. I thought she was so fun on Traders. I think she's only gonna get it. She's gonna be like Ariana, she's gonna be hosting shit, she's gonna be and like the housewives love her, like everyone fucking loves her.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I walk into the cellar and Alicia, one of the managers, goes, oh my god, I've been thinking about you all day, And I go, oh my god, the Connor story of Horizon Ad and she goes, what, no, she goes Amanda and West and I go, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's like so embarrassed. Not really the Verizon Ad.
Speaker 2: Well, I went to see a movie at the Film Forum, so obviously you know they're really they're really snop.
Speaker 4: What's it called pretentious?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: I would say, yeah, yeah, what'd you see?
Speaker 2: I saw a Russian movie, you know, I know, and both my teacher and my parents went, don't go see that, And of course I saw it.
Speaker 4: It's gonna haunt me forever. I will never be the same.
Speaker 2: It's like the movie The Pianist, and I think about it, like, I'm really upset right now. Yeah, just even sad World War two. It's nineteen thirty seven. Yeah, but it's the movie came out this year. It's like a guy that's like a contemporary actors in it with all. It's called Two Prosecutors and it's a Russian documentarian or Ukrainian I don't remember. But and then he made this movie and it's about the Gulas my mom and it was like a seventy degree day. So like the fact that I went at three pm and then exited.
Speaker 1: Just really yeah, it's playing here at the Lemley so it's I know, the Film Forum. I mean it's like a very like indie like very you know, heady movies. I'd like to tell you everyone was alone, So if you were wondering if there was anyone everyone.
Speaker 4: There was not a date, including my friend.
Speaker 2: But I was wondering if everyone else spoke Russian or not. I don't think so, but like I liked catch like the subtitles didn't always translate to the words, so like I kind of that's why I went, was to like listen to Russian and I left really changed forever.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about starting to listen to labadah the person that Katia is obsessed with some of that music. I yeah, yeah, I should just listen to some fun music instead of yeah, let's listen to a little Labba Da. But okay, let's get started. This is a long intro. We do have our Louise Lewis Lewis Louis Slowis.
Speaker 4: Shirts for sale at our merch shop, which is.
Speaker 1: You can go to that suss up live dot com to get the links to that. And also we have actually this week on our Patreon, we're gonna be we're gonna be dissecting this season of Drag Race and making some predictions for the finale. So if you're into that, come join us over on our Patreon. It's patreon dot com. Forward slash that's messed up and let's get started, all right. So a lot of times I say get ready to get sad on this podcast, but I would say get ready to get mad. This episode is so fucking infuriating because you know, it's a Kim Rolins episode. So it's season fourteen, episode fifteen.
Speaker 2: And this is the thing, like with the Mel Robbins and all these motherfuckers that are like, you have to forgive your family, and it's like, no, you fucking don't, No, you damn Rollins to the curb.
Speaker 1: Get her out of your fucking life, Get her out of your life. Yeah, no, just you know her family. Yeah, there's yeah, it's really well.
Speaker 2: And then obviously we love Lindsay Pulsifer and you know this character does have bipolar or whatnot, but yes.
Speaker 1: Which we find out later, but at this point in time, we're allowed to be angry with her because we do not know that yet. Okay, so we open on Finn and Rollins hallway mid domestic shots fired. She's calling back up. They're waiting on ESU, but Finn, here's a woman screaming, and he does not wait when that's happening. So they bust into this apartment and the door honestly seems unlocked and Ajar so a bad criminal. And this guy in a beanie is standing over a woman screaming. Rollins tells him to freeze, and he goes, bitch, you better bounce to Rollins, which is like, she's a detective with a fucking gun in your face, and he's like, he's like a woman, I don't think so you get the fuck out of here, bitch, Like I'll deal with ice.
Speaker 4: So anyway, he's got nerve.
Speaker 1: Finn is not having it when when you insult his partner, no thanks, and he push it. But you know what they're really setting the scene for how much Finn always has. Rolins back pushes the dude against the wall and says where the gun's, bitch, And then the guy is like struggling against Finn, Rollins is screaming, do not resist, and then the screaming lady calmly goes detective and when they turn around, she has a gun pointed at them and fires two shots and shell of all that adrenaline that you have because no, our faves are not being murdered. This is a simulation so Silence of the Lamb style, which you know, I take any opportunity to bring up Silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 2: But yeah, who are we talking to? And they're like, have you seen Silence of the Lambs?
Speaker 1: And it's like are you Like yeah, I was like I have I committed it to memory.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, have you seen this video?
Speaker 2: It's like someone with a stuffed bunny from the back and it says, do you think it's a bunny?
Speaker 4: You think it's a bunny? And then they turn around and it's Winnie the Pooh and a bunny.
Speaker 1: Outfit and she goes, no, it's Winnie the Pooh. Yeah, yeah, no, I'm not saying that. And it comes in my feet ever so often, but this week I just keep going, yeah, yeah, it's Winnie the Pooh. Well that's why these people are basically doing too Rollin's and Ben they're like, yeah, you guys are dead, So basically, yeah, if you remember, like in Silence of the Lambs, like you know, they're like, damn, you're dead, Clarice whatever, like, so the camera cuts wide. This is a very elaborate set, like basically they probably are just shooting the set of the show and uh, and Finn is teasing Amanda forgetting God. But then beady guy is like, dude, you were next USVU detectives tend to see women as victims, like you can't turn your back. And then he gets interrupted by Amorrow, who's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, we got it. Let's go my turn, let's rock and roll, and Benson goes, I have to go with him, like he's he's p she's pissed. She has to do the simulation with Tomorrow and Daddy Craigan is smiling at his kids bickering, and now they're all target shooting at a gun range.
Speaker 4: It's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: You got like the main four just bang bang bang shooting some guns at tart at paper targets. And Craigan is like, Finn, the point is to avoid civilian casualties, and Finn's like, if I'm shooting, I'm emptying the whole gat. I don't really understand, like what's happening, Like, is the problem that he used too many bullets, or that he was actually spraying bullets everywhere and that people could die tomorrow does pretty well. Benson fucking nails it, duh. But Rollins is Annie Oakley okay close to perfect Annie Oakley.
Speaker 2: I only think about Alyssa Edwards from like Annie Oakley doesn't exist to me anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, only Alyssa Edwards with a gun. Alyssa. Try to watch Psych really? Yeah, it's like on a street, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find something to grasp me from my heat of Like I'm not watching Heat of Rivalry. So I have some semblance of the facts and like dignity, but nothing else is hitting in any way.
Speaker 1: So I thought, I tried Psych, and I don't think it's for me. I don't think it's gonna be I don't think it's going to do the trick. I don't think it's gonna do the trick. I mean, I will be honest. When I was a page at NBC, my friend I worked at USA, and my friend gave me the script to Psych, and I read the pilot and was like, this is so dorky, Like this is not gonna go anywhere, And then it literally ran for like.
Speaker 4: Six seasons in a movie.
Speaker 1: It was like, I was like, maybe I'm not meant to be an executive because I think this show seems really dorky. But people love psych. People love psych. Okay, So Rollins is Annie Oakley. Her shots are all kill shots right in the center, grouped so close together, like she's got away with a gun.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Cut to Amanda getting home to her apartment. The door is ajar. She asks, who's there? Why are you asking who's there? It's New York City. If someone's in your apartment, it's most likely a fucking person robbing you or something like you're Rowins. It's not like you gave your keys to a bunch of friends. So she goes, who's there? She's about to draw her weapon, turns on the lights, and who do we have here?
Speaker 4: But Kim Rowins.
Speaker 1: Weird as fuck standing in pitch black in Amanda's living room, wearing sunglasses and earbuds. Why are you standing in darkness? Maybe waiting for maybe having a migraine, maybe having a smoothie, waiting for a smoothe to get there from an intern, But like it's very weird, and she's like, hey, sis, I obviously surreptitiously made a key to your apartment the last time I was here, like a totally normal sister. Is that cool with you? And Rollins is like, what's up with the sunglasses? It's ten pm. She takes them off to reveal obviously cut Spruce's black guy.
Speaker 4: Is it Jeff? He hit you?
Speaker 1: And Kim tells Amanda She's like, stop being a cop for a second. I've got great news. I'm pregnant. You're going to be an aunt. Amanda clearly has mixed feelings, but this is, you know, not great news when you first show the shiner and then you show that you say that you're pregnant with the you know man that gave you the shiner. So at this point, this is only the second episode we've seen Kim Rollins in. Okay, we've already We've covered Friending Emily. That's the introduction of this That's where we had her Lindsay Pulsa for the actress right on friending Emily and then.
Speaker 4: Which one that was earlier this season?
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, so that's when we had her on was the friend of Emily episode earlier in this season? Then she's in season seventeen obviously the fluid episode iconic, and then you know later she's in heightened emotions and then Eternal really from pain, which I forget is an episode where her doctor she's being extorted. Fore she's being sexually assaulted in exchange for painkillers or medication that she needs. So yeah, Sound's family really is just mean a series of white trash events after another, like I don't know, and the.
Speaker 4: Hits keep coming, the mom, the dad, like there's.
Speaker 1: Nobody, and then and then it's like, finally Rollins finds love and family in this like beautiful unit she's always wanted and then he's held up in a corner start.
Speaker 4: Like he's held up in a deli.
Speaker 2: She's the new She's like walking in the line of Benson and the shoes of Benson of just like no joy, constant drama. Your siblings will ruin your lifetime and time again and will not like let you bond over your bad parent together, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, life is suffering, you will never have peace and happiness. Yeah, so that's so the like that, what.
Speaker 2: Does that merch? Your life is suffering and you will never have peace? Is that what you say? Should we put that on that round piece or happiness life is suffering. Yeah, we can put that on merch out. That sounds great, maybe like a like.
Speaker 1: A a swinging crop top. Okay, so we're at that. That's the end of the cold open is like the pregnancy news. So now we're just chilling in Amanda's apartment living room, like Kim's icing her face with.
Speaker 4: Some corn or whatever, like a bag of peas.
Speaker 1: And then turns out the shitty boyfriend Jeff is the father and he's on his way to New York and she's like, I don't know, Amanda, he won't listen to me. And Amanda's like, he'll listen to me. And then she gives her sister the bedroom and says she'll sleep on the couch, and Kim's like, I'm so lucky to have you, Amanda.
Speaker 2: But it's also like, you're both sisters. Why aren't you sharing a bed? That's what I think that can share about immediately. My sister and I are literally sharing a bed this weekend.
Speaker 1: But like it's I don't know, like but I think it might be because she's pregnant or something that she's trying to give her, like the full night's sleep and be like chivalrous or something to like the pregnant woman. I don't know so, but you know, we already know the truth about Kim. But even if you sort of don't, it's like everything that comes out of her mouth like I think this actress does a good job, because everything that comes out of her mouth is like I should believe you, but it doesn't feel like it's genuine at all. So at the precinct, Rollins is late and Finn's like, I covered for you again, much like much like going after the guy who called her a bitch in the first scene, Fin's got her back, and so Rollins tells the gang about how her sister's knocked up with the abusive X and Benson's like, you got to get her a temper straining order. Amar's like, why don't me and Finn go talk to the guy Manda Man and Rollins is like, y'all, I don't need you getting dragged into my messy family drama. But Finn's like, again, We've got your back. So they really they really love Rowlins over there, She's they are truly the SVU squad is the family that she deserves but never had. At a bar called Kevin's with a why don't know why they made that choice. Jeff is sitting there having a beer. Amar and Finn approach and they're like, Kim's not coming, big guy, and he knows Amanda is behind this, and he's like, she's crazy.
Speaker 4: And then he's telling them Kim called me. She told me to come to New York.
Speaker 1: And they're like, was that before or after you gave her a black eye? If you touch her again, we'll send you back to Georgia in a sling. So yeah, I wouldn't fuck with those two guys. So cuts to Kim and Amanda shopping for baby clothes. I mean, okay, it's a little premature, but she tells Kim that the guys went and spoke to baby daddy Jeff, and Amanda's like talking to her. So I'm gonna start calling her Amanda now and not Rowlins, because there's two rowins Is throughout that episode, just so everyone doesn't get confused, she's Amanda now. So Amanda's like, oh, do you want a boy or a girl? Has the doctor told you that? And she's like, oh, I said I didn't want to know, And then she just talks about how amazing it's going to be to have a baby. And Amanda's like, yeah, it's like not easy to do on your own. And Kim's like, but I have you right. It's like wait, I mean, are we all going to live like a family of three on my cop salary? And Jeff comes busting into the baby store like, hey, I got something to say to you, like very aggressive. There are onesies everywhere. You can just take the temperature down, sir. And Amanda's like, how did you find us? And he goes, he says the most twenty thirteen thing possible. He goes, if you don't want to be found, then don't check in on four square obsessed.
Speaker 4: I mean I never did four Square, but it is so early. I played four Square as a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, like class stack, but like being the mayor of like a location.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what it is. I just assume you.
Speaker 1: Would be you did four Square, now you would be the mayor of that coffee shop where you're friends with them that like, you would be the.
Speaker 4: Mayor of that Yeah I didn't pay for mine today or yesterday. Yeah, that's mayor behavior.
Speaker 2: So I give them more cash than I could ever than the coffees could ever costs. It's like never, actually, but that's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's shit yelling at her for checking in on four square, and like, Amanda looks at Kim like girl, and she goes it was just a shout out to my girls at the Huddle House, which I had to google.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what the Huddle House was.
Speaker 1: And it's a restaurant chain with two hundred and seventy two locations in twenty one states. But I guess they're headquartered in Atlanta, which makes sense. Have you ever been to one on the road?
Speaker 4: No, I'm about to look it up. I want to use that's like such a fun name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Little Huddle House. So Amanda tells Jeff to leave, but he tells her to butt out. This new MVP All Star wrap looks incredible. Wait, what kind of food is it?
Speaker 3: Even?
Speaker 4: I didn't even like.
Speaker 2: Look it looks like a Denny's style Yeah, yeah, like an ie hoop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was thinking it would be a place to get like anice pancake or something, but fried waffle basket. So Amanda tells Jeff to leave. Kim's like, Jeff, we're done, and Amanda's like, stay away from her, and he goes, or what, you're gonna pull your gun on me in a baby store. He's the one screaming, I mean, he's screaming about her having a gun, I mean, and Amanda keeps it cool. She goes, you're not getting another warning, loser, So he says it ain't over. This ain't over by a long shot. Music is swelling. This is not going anywhere good. So back at the apartment, Amanda's helping Kim fill out her paperwork for the restraining order. They're discussing how Jeff has access to guns, but he's not dumb enough to bring one to New York City. He knows they're like the new gun laws. So I guess at the time of this episode, like twenty thirteen, late twenty twelve, like New York gun laws, we're getting more strict. So Amanda snaps a picture of Kim's face, like her beat up injuries, because she's like, I need proof for the judge. So now we're sitting in the chambers of Judge Ruth Linden, who you may recognize as the judge who primarily handled Benson's adoption of Noah. The actress is Jane hudoshell, she's wonderful. What I just I just popped in to say, legend, legend? Yes, I saw her in a play once. She's amazing. She's concerned that none of these incidents took place in New York, but Amanda's sworn statement does carry weight with her, so she hands over the order and tells Amanda, don't serve this yourself. And then as they leave, Amanda tells Kim that and Finn are about to serve Jeff this restraining order, and Kim's like, right now, I should give him a heads up, and a man is like, Babe, no, you can't go near him or talk to him, Like, I'll explain all the ins and outs of it to you later, and Kim's like, okay, great, you want to have dinner later. There's like a recurring theme of Kim trying to get free meals from people so fun throughout the episode, like she's really really like hard up for some food. Benson and Finn show up to what looks like not even a hotel or a hostile It looks like a dilapidated dorm room, like there's a corkboard on the wall, Like I don't really know why there would be a corkboard in any kind of hotel, but maybe a hostel, and they serve Jeff the restraining order. I couldn't see this in the earlier part of the episode because he was wearing a beanie, but he is a ginger with a light ginger facial hair situation as well, and he's like, geez, is everyone in this town in cahoots with Kim's sister? And it's like, first of all, yes, you simply cannot beat up a woman who is related to a detective of.
Speaker 4: New York bed's most elite squad? Are you my favorite? Though? This is my favorite. I love when he's like.
Speaker 1: You all know, Amanda, Yeah, yeah, you literally are doing the crime we specialize in.
Speaker 2: Stop Like, sorry, I was giving me attention.
Speaker 4: What'd you say? I said, I'm sorry, I was texting my niece, was giving me attention.
Speaker 1: You have to stop, you have to stop dropping roll when that happened, and I understand, Okay, So and then not only are you like dumb, like fucking with the s view, but then I'm also buying that this guy knows the term in cahoots like I just as a person, don't I don't buy that. He knows that, so they tell him don't violate the order and he's like, I'm a victim too, I need an order of protection from both of the Rowl and sisters. And Finn goes, why don't you quit while you're behind and go home, and Jeff goes, Amanda can't keep me from my baby, and Benson gets in his face and goes, you want to you want us to bring you in right now? And he backs off. You know, I don't think he's trying to fuck with Benson here at the precinct. Kim shows up and immediately he starts trying to fuck Tomorrow, like just with a quickness.
Speaker 4: She's like, hey, how could you not?
Speaker 2: But my thing is like Amorrow is giving it to her, like Amarrow is flirting back, like I don't think he can help it, or he's obviously trying to like help Amanda in some way with this.
Speaker 1: But it's like, Buty, no, you know what I was gonna say, though, you're you're not wrong that he's kind of giving it to her, because.
Speaker 4: I feel like, I mean a lot of the way he talks to her.
Speaker 1: Is very Carissa Gibson coded Okay from rhodium, not that whole thing like the escort thing from season thirteen, like beginning of fourteen. Like he it's like you've already gotten in trouble for like flirting with people like and if your wife was doing this saving hot young boys the way you would be an actual explosion, like of a human being, you would absolutely kill. But he's like, She's like, I can't reach Amanda, but is it okay if I just wait here? And then she's like, does anyone have change for the vending machine? My bills are too crumpled, like bitch, straighten out a dollar bill. They all go in eventually, and she's like, I haven't eaten all day and Tomorrow knows she's pregnant, and so he's like, you know, I'm a dad, I got a like I'm a gentleman. So he offers her a real meal, and I guess, like, you know, all his victims can wait until after they have their Chinese foods, they stop and have a little lunch together. So now we see Amanda where she is is in her gamblers anonymous support group where she's talking about her sister being one of her triggers, and she's like, you know, Kim doesn't have to worry about anything, so I've had to worry about everything my entire life and like basically clean up her messes. So now Kim and Tomorrow back to them having their midday Chinese, and she's telling anecdotes about Amanda being super tough as a kid, something about shooting a squirrel gun, you know, all this stuff, and Amara's like, yeah, you two had it tough growing up, and She's like, yeah, at least it wasn't boring. And then Amanda walks in and is like very Kim, what the fuck are you doing here?
Speaker 4: Vibes?
Speaker 1: And then she apologizes to Tomorrow and Kim's like, you know how I can't sit around in your apartment all day, and it's like She's like, I need to get out and con people up for free lunches.
Speaker 4: You know, like I have to see the city.
Speaker 1: And then Craigan approaches and he goes the pizza delivery rapist has struck it again.
Speaker 4: The VIC is on route to the hospital. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I wish we got this case eventually, Like I wish the next episode, can we get the pizza delivery right? Like I didn't know about that I want to know about this case. And then Amorro takes it and Amanda goes, I can join you, and Cam you go home. I have DVR. Now you're gonna love it. And then Craigan goes, I'll have someone take her home. And that really made me miss my DVR right as they mentioned it. You know, a twenty thirty just like a twenty fourteen reference to DVR will really take me back to my past. But and she thanks Cragan and goes, Amanda, tell me how you've always got her back. And then Cragan looks like a little bit like his bullshitometer is picking something up, like he makes a littleick subtle face like yeah, we'll give you a ride, Like no big deal, lady, you don't have to like kiss my ass so hard as kind of what you're getting the vibe from Craigan. So later, Amanda's getting home. As she puts her keys in the door, she hears yelling in the apartment. She hears get off me, Jeff, you're hurting me, et cetera. So she the door is chained, She busts open her own door gun drawn, tells Jeff to get off of her. Sister Kim's yelling I told him to leave, and Jeff's yelling she told me to come here. She's like, no, I didn't. Amanda tells Jeff hands up, and he pulls a gun and Kim goes he's got a gun, and Amanda shoots him. And we know from the beginning of the episode that this bitch doesn't miss. So she shoots this dude dead, bang bang. His blood splatters all over Kim, who looks very shook, obviously. So now that's commercial. That's a very like, wow, we got a lot done in act one there, Like we set the scene, We've got Rollin's childhood, We've got a full murder happening or a death. So now the cops are at the apartment. Rollin's explaining the whole thing to Craigan. He says it was a good shoot. He and Benson are telling her like, shut the fuck up, don't talk to anyone but your delegate or a lawyer. Up walks Captain Reese played by Isaiah Wo Whitlock Junr. He just past at the end of December. Recently he's in three episodes as this character.
Speaker 4: The Oscar Memoriam like he was the second person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's in so many are yes, three episodes as this character, but then a bunch of others as different characters. He's also been in Original Recipe Criminal Intent, like he's done the full trilogy. And he also is of course most well known, I would say for The Wire.
Speaker 2: And then he's in one of the one of my old favorite movies, twenty fifth Hour.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, is that zombie? No, it's Edward Norton.
Speaker 2: It's like he's it's his last night before he has to self report to prison for his sentence. Oh, and then his friends are Barry Pepper and Philip Seymour Hoffman. And then Rosario Dawson is his love interest in Isaiah Whitlock plays like a cop. But and it's a Spike Lee movie. It's I think one of Spike Lee's is like very few white movies.
Speaker 1: My friend sat next to Spike Lee at the Oscars and said that his commentary throughout the whole thing was like amazing.
Speaker 4: They were like recommend knock on wood.
Speaker 2: But if I had a make a wish with no death or disease, I would definitely want to sit like court side at a basketball game with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be fun Casey, what movie was I thinking of when I thought of zombies?
Speaker 4: Twenty eight days later? Twenty eight days? Okay, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Not to be confused with twenty eight days, one of my favorite Sandra Bullock movies, yes, which, and.
Speaker 1: Then not to be confused with the movie where the guy has to cut his own arm off because it's underneath n twenty seven days on undred and twenty seven days, gotcha?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: But when I say not to be confused, what I mean is to be deeply confused in my own brain because I cannot tell.
Speaker 4: And I say, it's one hundred and twenty seven hours our hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes more sense. I go, wow, we really last said long out there A long time to be pinned under a rock. Oh my god, this episode is already so unhinged. Okay, So Reese wants to talk to Amanda, but Benson is like, she won't answer any questions without a delegate.
Speaker 4: And then just then friend of the.
Speaker 1: Pod Bobby Burke aka Ed Tucker shows up and he's at like peek Ed Tucker like.
Speaker 4: Evilness kind of in this episode, like.
Speaker 2: He's really like well, and it's funny because usually like Stabler was his guy to get to and now he's like, fuck Stabler, the whole department, you're crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, whoever you can be my blonde Stabler, you know. And then he also, I think they're building him up as bad, Like maybe they knew they were going to take him into like better territories. Maybe they're like, let's build him up as bad as we can and then like change him. So he goes, she's right, let's get her a delegate and if she says anything, Mirandizer make it stick.
Speaker 4: And Benson's like, Tucker, what the fuck are you doing here?
Speaker 1: And he goes it's her second officer involved shooting this year, and Tucker is being like just an instant. Dick doesn't believe Amanda was justified in this, like wants to question her and they're like, well, Amanda needs an exam, and she's like, so does Kim.
Speaker 4: She's pregnant. So at the hospital we meet Amanda.
Speaker 1: Delegate Dedi Dnsler, great name who appears in five episodes whenever these crazy kids end up killing someone, as recently as season twenty six. She's also I think in tomorrow's one eighty where he shoots someone like she's the delegate that helps these people. And the actress is Mary B. McCann, who is in two other episodes as different characters, but five is Dede Dentsler. So so she's also in Sex in the City obviously.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's power lesbian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's the lesbian she's buying the paintings, so yeah.
Speaker 4: And she and in that episode she's with samoraw Tony so yeah, yeah, yeah, So maybe we have talked about her because I feel like we've talked about the power of lesbians before.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so many people are in there because there's another actress that's been in sview.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That is a very powerful episode. Yes, yes, very powerful, very powerful crossover. She's explaining to Amanda like, hey, they're going to run a full talk screen and get your blood alcohol level, so if there's anything we got to look out for, and Amanda's like, you're not going to find anything like I was coming home from work. Then Dedie and Benson like sha a look and Dedie's like, you really also should talk to the department psychologists like asap as well, and aman is like, listen, lady, I just splattered my sister's abuse of baby Daddy's brains all over her own face, in my own home. So you're making too big of a deal out of this, Like this really isn't that big of a thing, and like he was raping my sister he had a gun, and Benson's like, yeah, he's also the father of her baby and she might feel different about this, like in a year's time at Christmas and Amanda goes, I don't go home for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Love that love that.
Speaker 1: I'm really not gonna have to deal with that because I won't be home for Christmas. And Dedi's like, go get your head shrunk, Like tomorrow first thing, Like that's happening. So in the waiting room of the hospital, Finn shows up and Benson is filling him in, you know, like she's basically telling Finn, you know, the shooting's by the book and Rollins isn't losing any sleep over it, and Finn's like, yeah, I just think it hasn't hit her yet. So meanwhile, Amorrow opens an exam room curtain without any permission, just going Rollin's like it just opens an exam room curtain in a hospital, Like are you allowed to do that? But Oopsie's he switched the wrong sister. He walks in on Kim getting exact and Kim immediately goes, oh, you came to see me. That's so sweet, and she's like, I'm actually looking for Amanda, and Kim goes story of my life and he goes, are you okay, and she goes, well, like, yeah, besides being pregnant with my baby daddy's blood splattered all over my face, I guess I'm doing pretty good. And then she's like, well, they want to do a rape kit, but I don't want to hurt the baby. And he tells her like, I mean he could just tell her like it won't hurt the baby, because I don't believe that a rape kit does any damage to like personally, as someone who has been pregnant. They are swabbing you constantly. And he tells her he could, that he gets it, but it could really help Amanda's case to have evidence, and he goes and then Kim goes, well, he wasn't really raping me. I mean he tried, but he didn't, you know. And Marrow's like, listen, you should let them document any injuries for Amanda's sake, and she goes, Amanda will be fine. She always is I couldn't tell her. She was trying to say that he tried to rape her, but couldn't get it up, Like I couldn't tell what her story. He was here, But Amanda is now because she's a liar because yeah, lying psycho bit. Yeah, she's not practicing any elliptical pauses a sign of lying.
Speaker 4: She just is a straight liar.
Speaker 1: So now Amanda is talking to a Law and Order legend, doctor Elizabeth Olivet played by Carolyn McCormick. She's been on six episodes of SBU, but like I thought it was sixty something, but is it more like eighty something episodes of Law and Order? Eighty seven episodes of Law and Order? She was there George Wong in like the early years of Law and Order. She was always like the psychological perspective, like telling the cops like, here's what this could mean, here's how you have to talk to this victim. Stuff like that Ali that is telling Amanda like I think you're coming off of the adrenaline rush and you might have some trouble sleeping like once you do. And Amanda's like, I've been down this room before. I'm not going to get depressed. I'm not gonna wonder what kind of life Jeff would have lived. I don't care. And all of it's like, I know you've been through this before, like I'm just trying to help you. And Amanda's like, yeah, you're I'm here so that the department is covered. If I eat my gun and don't worry, I won't and all of that's like, Okay, that's an alarming statement. Why don't we dive into that. Have you had any suicidal thoughts? And Amanda goes, no, I'm annoyed and the guy had it coming. My sister brings pieces of shit into my life and then drags me into it. I mean, I'm not blaming my sister, but it's also not my fault. And she's like, I just want to get back to work, and all of that's like yeah, but you know you can't get back to active duty until this investigation is closed. And all of that says that I'll say that your reaction is within the norm, like that you're doing fine, but we should have a follow up session, and Amanda's like, yeah, like whatever I need to do. So in the meantime, she goes, call me if you have anxiety or any trouble sleeping, and she goes, I'll sleep.
Speaker 4: When I have my gun back.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe it's a little bit weird to be that dependent on your gun for calm and peace in your life. So at the Precinct tomorrow is filling us in on the details of Jeff's gun. It's an M nineteen eleven forty five too many numbers sold through the internet delivered to his house, one of six guns that he's had ordered just through the Internet that are unregistered. But that's legal according to Georgia law. Crazy crazy neighbors confirm the story, like I don't understand why pro to a people, which I mean, like I am pro Second Amendment in some ways, but like why would you ever advocate to have your guns be unregistered? Why would you like be like I have a murdering machine in my house and I don't want anyone to know about it. Like, I don't get that. What's the what's the Republican talking point on that?
Speaker 2: Well, they're liars, But their whole thing is we need the guns that the government doesn't know about, so when the government tries to take us, we can attack them. But they didn't realize that they were the boot lickers the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, so that's what it is.
Speaker 2: They're like, we're patriot were we would fight against the government, but they would suck the government's dick, like they would take the President's come all over their fucking eyes and let it burn them through than ever actually see the world for.
Speaker 1: A dollar cheaper gas? Yeah, and how much is gas now?
Speaker 6: I just ga?
Speaker 4: Now gas is quick?
Speaker 2: How are they still how are they still convincing themselves? And then someone wrote Republicans don't even fly? Did you see what Delta did? What Congress can't get any special treatment or bypass any TSA lines like no special treatment for Congress if they want to fly Delta, wait why because they've made the lines terrible. And then they get to go through X like oh special security, this is good, this is good. Yeah, so with everybody, Yeah, they go fuck you go stand in line.
Speaker 4: Then oh I love that.
Speaker 2: Like at the end of the day, big business runs our country, and once you fuck with a big business that you're good.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? That's what they actually, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I don't have a fuck about anything or anyone. It's about money, and you fuck with Delta's money. They're gonna come for you, dude, go Delta. And another reason we are proud to be terrible things. They're the ones that worked with the president to roll back. Like if they cancel your trip, you can't get reflects anymore. Like they're not perfect. Yeah, they want money. They absolutely are corporation that wants your money. But you know, of the evils, I like them. Yeah, so what's happening? Okay, so that they're so that's whatever. That's how this fucking guy has a bunch of guns. And the neighbors confirm the story Kim was screaming the door getting kicked in double tap and Jeff's dead. That's Finn's words, not mine, And Amarro thinks, iab has no case.
Speaker 4: He's like, I mean, it's a good shoot.
Speaker 1: But Benson and Craigan have to fill Nick in on a little bit of the history with Tucker, Like she's like, he tried to take my badge. Like this guy has it in for us, you like, does he spend as much time fucking with like narcotics and homicide for sure? But they break the rules all the time they do. It's like Mykeson, I'm sorry you did break so many rules and get DNA tests without any paperwork, like I don't know what you want, Like I'm on their side, but it's not.
Speaker 4: Like they're like, I don't know why he's.
Speaker 1: Doing this, and it's like because you've just kept breaking rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So so now we're at IAB and Kim is telling her story to Reese and Tucker how she was asleep she heard a knock. She thought it was Amanda not having keys to her own apartment, I guess, and then open the door. He forced his way in, saying he was gonna take back what was his Amanda showed up pretty quickly. She doesn't remember how many shots, maybe two or three. And then they ask if the officer identified herself, and Kim goes, oh, well, Jeff knows who she is. And Tucker goes, oh, they knew each other. What was the tenor of their relationship? And Reese goes, Tucker stick to the incident. So even Reese knows Tucker's a little bit too hot for sv you, Like, he's like, let's not get into all that or whatever. So after the shots were fired, Amanda told Kim, don't touch anything. Call nine one one and then she went to check on Jeff. So now Amanda is giving her statement to IAB describing what happened. They're asking her repeatedly if she saw Jeff's gun, which she did, and Reese says, if ballistics and forensics match her story, she should be fine. So it's like when the guy was shot, didn't he have the gun in his hand? Like he did reach for a gun against his sister in law or not sister in law, but you know whatever, a girlfriend's sister who is a cop and.
Speaker 4: Was pointing a gun at him.
Speaker 1: Like it's almost like that's truly the definition of like suicide by cops, like why would.
Speaker 4: You eat him?
Speaker 1: But there is never confirmed a gun. You see it, you see the episode. You see him reach for it. So I don't like everyone's acting like Kim saying he's got a gun is like a is like a a tip off, but like you do, you see him reach for it and hold it like so maybe it's I don't know, they don't go back to that. Maybe it's like looks like a gun but it's not. I don't know, maybe it's unloaded. I don't know. So Reese says, hey, if ballistics and forensics match your story, you'll be fine. So next we're at Finn's apartment with the Ralin sisters and just clocking a couple of decorative touches. There is a large ceramic leopard or some kind of fast cat, and then there's a smaller one that's a tiger, So I like that he's sort of collecting ceramic jungle cats as he goes through life. Kim comes in and goes nice man cave and then Rollins is like sorry. Amanda's like, hope CSU works quick, so like we don't have to be in your hair for too long, and he's like, no big deal. You guys can take Ken's old room down the hall, and Kim goes, man, they should put you up if your place is a crime scene, and it's like rude. It just feels like it's like a subtle dig It's like this man is putting you up in his home and you're acting like it's not good enough and you should like be in a hotel. And Amanda's like, if she gets to be too much, just let me know. We'll get her the hell out of here. So now they're in Ken's room and Kim's on the phone, saying what if that's not the way it happened, And then she gets off the call. When Amanda walks in so obviously sketchy as hell, she says, everything's good. I like it here and like lies like nothing but lies can come out of this girl's mouth.
Speaker 4: And Amanda has.
Speaker 1: To go to work, but she's like, we'll have supper together later, and Kim's like, maybe chiny again, I mean once again, just like babe, buy me food. Like that's all she cares about is these New York dinners. And she says to Amanda, she goes, hey, Amanda, love you, and Amanda's like, love you too. And it's like a little weird how cheerful Kim is like talking about getting excited over Chinese. It's like, yes, the guy was a piece of shit, but you were in a relationship with him and carrying his child and you were splattered by his blood like just a few hours ago, so you don't seem that disturbed by like witnessing his full death and just excited for some Kung pou chicken.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: So now at IAB, We're in Tucker's office when who comes to the door but Kim Rowlins, and she goes, I hate to go behind Amanda's back, but there's something I need to tell you.
Speaker 4: So here we go. Here we go with this dumb bitch.
Speaker 1: So now now Tucker is bringing Amanda into interrogation, and I will call iab interrogation white walls grab bars because it's not cement room bars, like the walls. The walls are white and all that's on the side are those grab bars, like what you have in like, you know, a shower for old people or something like. So basically, white room grab bars is where they are, and he just wants to tie up some loose ends with her.
Speaker 4: With Amanda about her.
Speaker 1: Relationship with Jeff Parker, She's like, well, I first met him in twenty ten when my sister brought him home for Easter. He's like, and what was your Did you like him? Did you not like him? She's like, I didn't really think much about him, good or bad. And then it's like, yeah, right, Rollins, you're not a great liar. And then Tucker's like, well, what about six months ago in Atlanta when you slammed him against a wall and threatened to arrest him, And Amanda's like, that's bad. Yeah, and Amanda's like, fuck, like who told you that? And obviously you fucking know who told her that? Who else would have told him that, you know? And then Amanda's like, well, he had beaten the shit out of my sister the night before we had to take her to the er. And he's like, okay, but yes or no, you have a pattern of physical force and threats with the deceased, and she's like, he's a danger to my sister. It's like, I just don't think he would be saying that so much if it was like a man coming to defend his sister, if it was like a cop being like, you mess with my sister, I come after you. You know, like he's just has it in for Rollins a lot in this episode. And then what about four months ago in New York City? You pulled a gun on him in your apartment in New York And then she's like, he was attacking my sister. I saw the attack happening, and he goes, yes, but your sister had invited him in. And then you said if you're not out of here in thirty seconds, I'll shoot you, and then said you show up again, no warning, And it's like oh, you see Rowlins like going through in her mind, being like, yeah, that does sound like me. And then Tucker goes, was he really attacking your sister? Or did you just not want this guy in your house? So now we're getting you know, we're getting to this pattern. So Amanda she also could have shot him, not to kill like she is a professional, but he was pilling up a gun and he's a psycho, like he might have killed her to get her out of his life, you know. Amanda shows up at Finns and throws the remote control she is. It's like, hey, that's Finn's remote control dog, Like, don't take it out on his shit, you know. And she's furious at Kim, demanding better tell me what you told Tucker, and she's like I had to, like.
Speaker 4: I had to make it look like it was an accident.
Speaker 1: And Amanda's like, you better straighten this out, and Kim goes, well, we're just not going to get the money then, and there it is, and like I had forgotten kind of where this episode goes, and then I was like, up there it is.
Speaker 4: And Amanda's like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And she's like, well, I kind of took a life insurance policy out on Jeff, and Amanda asks what I'm thinking, which is you kind of did that, and actually, Kim goes, well, we both did.
Speaker 4: Your name's on there too.
Speaker 1: I mean the way that I would absolutely put hands on my sister like this is absolutely she's the worst, wouldn't iab have also like looked into that, Like, don't like when there's murders and stuff, like, don't they check on insurance policies like pretty quick.
Speaker 4: I always think that they do, but maybe they don't.
Speaker 1: Kim goes, yeah, we have to make it seem like an accident, like he I just found I read the fine print, and like if he gets murdered in the act of while committing a felony, they won't pay out.
Speaker 4: And Amanda is fuming.
Speaker 1: I mean, she takes off her pea coat and slams it on the ground, like her outerwear has never been treated so aggressively. She bought the policy, Kim says, two months ago when she found out she was pregnant, and Amanda's like, show me the policy, and Kim goes, I don't have it. Amanda goes get it and suddenly it's in her backpack. She just like pulls it right out of her backpack. It's right there, and Kim goes, you're a smart girl. Why can't you just roll with this like we can finally be rich, And Amanda is pissed, like, why did you sleep on your sister being a grifter? You just forgot, like don't This is who she is has always been. So Amanda has now brought the insurance policy at the top of back three too Tucker and is showing him like, look, my sister forged my name on this. She has impulse control issues. And Amanda's like, well, the policy is no good anyway, and he's like, well, we're going to check on that. She goes, look, I'm here without a lawyer to get the truth out, like I just want you to know the truth. And again it's like, why are you not listening to Kragan and Benson and everyone that has told you do not fucking go to Iaby without a lawyer. Amanda goes, Kim will confirm that she was attacked two days ago and she warned me that Jeff had a gun and this was a good shooting. And he goes, oh, so Kim's going to change her story once again, and Amanda's like, I have nothing to hide, and Tucker's looking over her jacket and goes, see, you're a bit of a gambler, huh, And she goes, yeah, but I was forthcoming about that with my captain and he goes, you were forthcoming about it after the guy you owed money droped the dime on you, and she goes yes, and then she confirms. He's like, and how much do you owe these guys? And she was like, twenty thousand dollars and do you still owe it to them? And she goes, well, they're in Attica, and he goes, but you still owe them the money, Like just because these.
Speaker 4: Men are in jail, they are going to remember that you owe the money.
Speaker 1: So you are in debt and a gambling addict, and I'm supposed to believe that you didn't know that the man you shot had a life insurance policy with you as a beneficiary. And Amanda's like, yeah, but I came to you and she and he goes, after your sister did, so I got to give this one to Tucker almost. It's like your sister got you into a fucking mess, and now you come to this guy without a lawyer, like that's some huge sign when you should absolutely have a lawyer or a delegate with you, Like, I don't know, that would not make the truth any different of you telling the truth. I guess she just wanted to make it a sign of good faith. But this man has no good faith in you. So at the precinct, Ben is trying to talk to Amanda about her situation. He's like, you got to get a lawyer, and she's like, I haven't done anything wrong, and they're just gonna hang him out to dry if I do that. And it's like, good, hang her ass out to dry, do it. And Amanda is trying to explain the dynamic. It's like, I thought, it's just so interesting about Amanda.
Speaker 2: It is just like she has absolutely no patience or empathy or anything for anybody else. You're a dumb bitch. You should have left. Why don't you know this? You should have done that. You're a weak woman, bah blah blah blah. And it's like, but yet you can't let your sister go. Yeah, yeah, at least Early rollins. Yes, that's like her vibe. Yeah, but it's very annoying. It's Claire Parker was talking about this on a podcast. She's like Celebrity Memoir book Club. Now good noticings, but like what makes a good memoir memoir?
Speaker 4: And she goes, you have to then be accountable at the end. You know. It's like all these like guys just think it's like.
Speaker 2: An AA meeting and they're like, eah, I did all these terrible things and then there's nothing at the end. And then they also don't give that like sympathy to the other people in their lives. So they're like, my mom was a dumb bitch. I deserve forgiveness, but not her. And she just says, you have to like extend that to all the other people that you want to receive, Like, if you want to receive that understanding, you have to give it to others.
Speaker 4: And Rollins just does not have that at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think I would have thought about that, but I watched that Claire talk about that a few times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I haven't really read that many memoirs, but that totally makes sense, I mean, and that's I think why certain people in like celebrity culture are even liked more. Like, I mean, people would like Tyra better if Tyra just said I fucked up. I did some bad shit, but instead she's like, this is the way it was. I had no control, you know, and blames everybody but herself. But Amanda is trying to explain the dynamic to Finn, like, listen, she fucks up, I fix it. That's kind of our back and forth of our entire life together. But Finn points out, yeah, but because of that, she's never really had to grow up wise wise man, Like that's I mean, we find out later that she obviously has a mental health like a diagnosis, but before that we're kind of just like, you've enabled this behavior because you just fucking fix all her situations for her. So he asks her like, do you want to tell me what's going on? Because he doesn't know all the IAB stuff, I don't think, and she goes, I'm not sure, and then he walks away. You know, Finn doesn't like it when he has your back over and over again and then you don't come to him with something, or you don't trust him with something. That's a that's a that's a deal breaker for old Odafin. So in White Room grab Bars, now Kim is sitting and Tucker walks in and he brings up the policy and goes, well, whose idea was that? And Kim goes, I love my sister. I don't want to get her in trouble. And she's like hemming and hawing that I'm all alone with nowhere to go, and Tucker goes, just tell the truth and we'll take care of it. So she's there to angle for like a fucking hotel room or whatever. So at the precinct, Amanda is leaving another angry message for Kim to call her back, and she asks tomorrow, like, have you seen Kim And he's like, no, not since yesterday. She goes, oh, really, because you two look pretty cozy the air the other night, like, and everyone's really taken aback by her tone, and Benson's like, what's going on, and she's like, Kim is gone.
Speaker 4: She's not answering her phone.
Speaker 1: Her stuff is cleared out of Finn's place, and Craigan's like, Rolin's get in here, And it does feel like the walls are closing in. This feels like when Rolin's got busted for her gambling and like everything that ended up happening in Shock.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have more substance abuse issues. Honestly to deal with all her other issues. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: Gambling, Yeah, I would get another one going. I couldn't handle all that. Yeah. But Craigan is like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: You're like a hot mess out They're screaming at people, like what's up, and Rollins explains the whole thing about what a nightmare her sister is. Finn knocks on the door and says, one of my neighbors saw Kim get into an unmarked police car.
Speaker 4: Ay.
Speaker 1: I love that Finn's neighbors are this observant and that they know what an unmarked police car looks like. And Craigan's like, well, unlike you, who are a dumb ass Rollins, I'm gonna actually call you a lawyer, but too late.
Speaker 4: Uh oh.
Speaker 1: In walks Tucker and another IAB guy and they arrest her for the murder of Jeff Parker, and he goes, your captain will take your shield, so she hands it over to Craigan. They cuff her, and Craigan goes, don't talk to anyone without a lawyer. I mean, I've said this to you seven times this episode. Maybe you could listen now, and Tucker's like, thanks, captain, you can let us do our job now, and it's like, fuck you. You know her, She's allowed to that's her right, Like stop telling her captain that he can't tell her her rights anyway. Top of back four, Rollins is taking up where she's going through the whole thing, mug shot in front of a nasty stained wall, fingerprints, taking off her belt, getting her one phone call all because of her piece of shit sister. Later, Rollins is in a cell alone when her lawyer shows up and da, it's Hashi Horowitz.
Speaker 4: We got him. He was really happy to see him. We got Hashi. We did?
Speaker 1: I mean, there are some shitty defense attorneys. I say he's one of the good ones.
Speaker 2: Right well, I just love knowing who they pick, like when YOWNI needs, you know, a lawyer for his daughter, or like the adoption that Benson picked leg Like obviously it's probably.
Speaker 4: Because they're married, but I.
Speaker 2: Like to see who they pick, and that means Hashi Horowitz is good and like Elizabeth Marvel, I feel was hired from the inside before, So I just I do like to see where they're professional personal interests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one's hiring a Buchanan. I think they're not They're like, even I'm not gonna go that low. So he introduces himself. He goes, I'm she Horowitz. I'm the guy who's going to get you out of this Michigos, which you know, you know, in the absence of Belzer, it's nice to have a little bit of Yiddish on the show. So Craigan's on the phone with one PP now promising that his squad is not going to get in IAB's way on this blah blah blah. Then he hangs up and says, well, one Pps covering their ass, where are we? And Amarro's like Atlanta Fidelity, which is the company with the insurance policy, they won't talk to us. Amanda got the policy from her sister and then gave.
Speaker 4: It to IAB, like the one copy. Kragan's like, here the dams criminal.
Speaker 2: I want to watch a series of just people getting caught from life insurance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it's the obvious.
Speaker 1: It's like, there's no more I unless the weapons on your hand and there's blood on your pants, Like a life insurance policy is the next best.
Speaker 4: That's the murder weapon. Yeah, like that might as well be it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want to do that, you better plan ten years ahead. It needs to be a normal calm policy that compound over time.
Speaker 4: And you don't. And you're so right.
Speaker 1: If you wait ten years for the murder, you bide your time, then you get your money even seven. I like, yeah, it's always months. Yea's always months. They can't for the vacations booked. It's like they book the vacation, they he books the policy. He pushes her off a cliff.
Speaker 2: He goes to jail, and there's one forensic files where there's like truly photos in the film camera that like proof the push of off the cliff. I'm sure there's listeners that have seen this episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So Craigan is like, I did tell that dumb bitch not to go there without a lawyer, and Benson's like, we all did, but we're way past that now. And they're like, does anybody here think that Amanda actually knew about this policy? No one does, So why would Kim do it to protect yourself and the baby if anything happened to Jeff, or to make something happen to Jeff. They say she called Jeff four times after she got to New York City. The last call was two hours before he got shot, so like no even thought about this, Like she lures him up to the apartment, knows he's armed, cries rape, and essentially stages death by cop and then eventually and then realizes in the fine print that it can't happen in the commission of a felony and is trying to now backpedal on all of the folonious things he was doing. So Amaro's like, I mean, we've all met this girl. She's no criminal mastermind Bence, and he goes yes, she's like and Benson goes crazy like this is basically like, don't underestimate an insane woman, okay, And so yeah, they're like she's gone to IAB because she realized she's she's not gonna get paid out and that's why she would through the rape accusation and why Amanda went to jail.
Speaker 4: So they've all figured it out.
Speaker 1: Seems like it took three seconds of putting their heads together. In court, the prosecution wants remand has she asks for ro R. He's like, she's poor, she's a cop, she has no means to flee. Take her passport, like she's not going to go anywhere. The judge like is like, okay, I'll split the difference two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bail and which I believe is like a twenty five K bond, isn't it like ten percent?
Speaker 4: And but Rollins looks like she's about to throw up.
Speaker 1: She's like, that's how much I owe to get, like to degenerates in Attica right now. She's like how she goes take that as a win. And Amanda looks like she's gonna throw up. She's like, I don't have twenty five k. And Craigan and Fin walk up and go it's taken care of. Craigan says that, and he basically goes, don't jump bail or we're all going to be living with Finn. So I feel like that means Craigan put his house.
Speaker 4: Up for her. Nope, it brings a tear to my eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they all did stand by his ass during Carissa Gibson, which, by the way, more echoes of that to come.
Speaker 2: And it's in Benson's words, it's the biggest gang in New York, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Truly, truly they are.
Speaker 1: So Amanda's getting her shit leaving jail, thanking Craigan. He's saying, yeah, please don't jump bail haw She tells Amanda that you can't.
Speaker 2: She's not even trustworthy, Like that's the thing. They actually are risking everything because she is not a trustworthy person.
Speaker 1: Yes, And Hushi tells Amanda because Amana was like, I gotta go find my sister. And he's like no, no, no, no no, under no circumstances can you contact talk to your sister in any way, like not even a text, bitch like don't and uh, Rollins goes, she just wants the insurance money. She's like a little girl. And they tell her, your sister set you up. She's cooperating with IAB and if you get in touch with her, they will slap you with coercion witness tempering charges Like do not do this. Craigan goes, I know this is painful, but she is not your sister anymore. And that's that's tough. That's tough to hear. So now Kim is in a hotel room and just like living it up at this little hotel room, ordering room service or delivery, when her sister is like rotting in jail to the best of her knowledge, and there's a knock at the door. And I'm like, please don't be Amanda, Please don't be Amanda. It's Amanda. She pushes her way in and goes, we need some sister time, me and you, and she's like, I'm sorry, Amanda, and she goes, you're sorry you put me in jail. And Kim admits to telling Jeff to come to New York City and she's like, you set Jeff up. You wanted me to kill him. And she's like he was a badman, Amanda.
Speaker 4: He beat me.
Speaker 1: He was hurting me when you walked in. And then she goes, you know what your problem is, Amanda. You're too big for your breitches. You think you're.
Speaker 4: Better than us.
Speaker 1: Mammy used to say that all that ambition would get you in trouble one day. And I'm like, this is where the title comes from. Deadly ambition, like Rowlin's ambition to be a detective in like first in the Atlanta p D. Then like it's not like she's like I'm gonna be president, I'm going to be a CEO. Like she's like, I just want to be a cop and like solve crimes. I guess too much ambition for that weird family. But anyway, she says to Kim, are you ev pregnant? And Kim goes, how can you ask me that? And Amanda goes to walk out, and then she goes, well, I thought I was pregnant. I was a week late. I wrote in mind. I just wrote this, bitch, Like, are you kidding? Amanda is spiraling, like all of this has been like with the background thought of a baby coming into this world to this abusive man never was.
Speaker 4: It was a late period.
Speaker 1: And so now Amanda shows up at doctor Olivet's office and you know, she said, I'll sleep when I have my gun. I'm gonna be fine. Now she's feeling the anxiety. She's like, tells doctor olive She's like, doctor Olivet's like, I have a patient.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: And she goes, my sister set me up, and you said I should call you if I felt anxiety. She's like, okay, well we can set up an appointment. But like, side note, I do work for the NYPD.
Speaker 4: So I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can recommend someone outside the department. And Amanda's like, oh, right, got it. I guess when you said call me, you didn't mean show up unannounced. But also, is that like the way it is like if the NYPD pays for your psychical anything you say is public knowledge to them, Like if you say it's wrong, yeah yeah, like HR, they're the HR. It's like, but it feels like.
Speaker 4: It's against client, like doctor client.
Speaker 1: Like if you say, oh, yeah, I'm having suicidal thoughts, they tell that and then you lose your job. Like I don't know someone right in, I don't know, why would anybody go to these these doctors.
Speaker 4: It's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they don't actually want them to be well. So it's like saying, whatever, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That just didn't feel like that's necessarily what Huang always would have done.
Speaker 2: But anyway, well but Huang worked for the FBI. FBI, he could do whatever the fuck he wants.
Speaker 4: That's that.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's not on that not an NYPD employee. But yes, all of that's a real one. She fucking warns her. Amanda leaves, so now outside the precinct, Kim approaches Amorrow by the row of cop cars. This is exactly Carissa Gibson coded. This is exactly what happens when Cariissa Gibson goes up to Amorrow and is like Detective Lauro, I'm scared, and she does the exact same.
Speaker 4: Thing we talked to him on Zoom.
Speaker 1: I can't blame any of these women, you know what I mean. I know they're all like, if I can get this guy outside in front of a bunch of cop cars, I can try to.
Speaker 4: Fuck him and maybe he'll help me, Like that is what people think.
Speaker 1: And he's and he's he loves it. I mean, you know, he's like he's doing it. And Kim's like, I'm like, it's not me, it's Tucker. He's twisting everything I say. And Marrow's like, I can't talk to you, and Kim's like, yeah, nobody can. Victim Victim victim like, and Tomorrow is like have you been eating?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: So then hard cut to a nice white tablecloth restaurant where Kim is ordering the lobster wild the number of meals this girl has squeezed out in this episode, and now she's like, I'll have the surf and turf, just whatever, the most expensive, what's the market catch, Like, I'll have that. Amar apologizes, he's like on his phone, He's like, sorry, I'm texting my daughter, and she's like, you're such a good Dad, and then she's like, did you hear I lost the baby? Like she's diabolical, and then he goes, oh, no, I hadn't heard that because iaby told us not to talk to your sister, so we haven't talked to Amanda. And then she's like feigning all this concern for Amanda, telling Tomorrow, Wow, you can tell I really love my sister.
Speaker 4: You're such a good detective.
Speaker 1: And then she negs him and goes, my sister underestimated you and then starts talking about how Amanda always thinks she's the smartest person in the room, like whatever, and he's like, yeah, that's why I don't get how she got herself into this situation, Like she's pretty smart, she wouldn't take out a insurance Also, are you allowed to just take out an insurance policy on anyone?
Speaker 4: Can I take one out on you?
Speaker 2: Like you could do whatever you want, because Vicky Gunwolson tells people to get stuff on their exes, like she still has a life insurance policy on Dawn. But Vick is like, like a terrible person, So like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So if you pay into it, you get the money. Yeah, when oh that's crazy, I thought I mean, I thought I wonder relation, like, can I just take one out on anybody? Yeah? Right, it is kind of great because like Rollins is not this man's sister in law or anything. So anyway back to this deranged date between Amorrow and Kim where and He's like, yeah, like, how could she be so stupid if she's the smartest person in the room, like or even though she's saying that's what she thinks about herself, like she is smart. I don't get this, And dumb ass Kim is like, well, after I found out about that felony clause, I kept telling her just say the shooting was an accident, then we both could have been rich. And Amara's like, so you were looking out for her and that's why you put her name on the insurance policy. She goes yeah, like it would look bad if it was just my name on it. So plus she's got gambling debts. This bitch is airing her sister out so hard she doesn't even care. And Amara's like, but right now it looks like she just came in and shot Jeff in cold blood.
Speaker 4: But you said he had a gun. He did.
Speaker 1: That's why I feel like this is like something that got edited out or something like, why are they acting like the gun was not found at the scene. I saw the gun with my own eyes. Well, I've been gaslating you too, saying the gun wasn't there. Yeah, like I saw pick up the gun. Unless it's like, but then they should have gone back and gone. It was actually a fucking like tell me that it's a stapler or something like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So anyway, she goes, he did have a gun.
Speaker 1: I didn't want her to get shot, and then mamar goes, yeah, you just wanted Jeff gone, and she goes, yeah, he was a bad man, and Amanda only knew the half of what he did to me, Like, and I actually believe her there. That's maybe the one sentence she said the entire time that I believe that this guy was worse to her than Amanda even knew. And cut to Amorrow's phone, which we've seen sitting on the table the entire time at dinner, now playing a recording of this conversation. And oh, bitch, I hope you enjoyed that lobster because that was your last meal, honey.
Speaker 4: And Amanda's sitting there, let's write I'm glad he got to write it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I'm glad he wasn't paying for that. It's like Zara has to you know, Zara Ani's clothes. So it's Amorrow, it's Hushi Horowitz, it's Tucker, and Amanda's like sitting there and they're all kind of surrounding her. Tucker's like, if this recording checks out, we'll be dropping the charges against you and pursuing your sister. And Amanda's like still sticking up for her. She's like, but you can see here, right on this tape. You can hear her talking about the abuse, like it's right on the tape. And Tucker's like, we're going after her for murder, and Amanda's like, I don't want that. She's still my sister. And they're kind of like sorry, and she's crying. She starts crying, and this is really like I feel like I can count on my hands how many times I've seen Rawlins like really cry, and this is one of the times.
Speaker 4: And it's it's tough to watch.
Speaker 1: So now we cut to iab dudes at the hotel going to pick up Kim and knock knock no one's home.
Speaker 2: And is there an apology from Tucker. Is there a my bad.
Speaker 4: No, never, Tucker doesn't do that shit.
Speaker 1: But they knock knock on her little hotel room and no one's home.
Speaker 4: She's cleared out.
Speaker 1: Amanda gets to her place and it's been completely cleaned out.
Speaker 4: I've never telling I don't know how she did that.
Speaker 1: One ice cube tray in the freezer. It's a little ridiculous. What was she craigslisting furniture, like saying get here in an hour.
Speaker 4: She rented a U haul and put the dishes she needed the dishes, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that takes a long time to be an apartment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like there was.
Speaker 1: It would have made more sense if like she came home and it was ransacked and like her TV was gone and a couple of expensive things.
Speaker 4: But like it's there's nothing there about her blinds.
Speaker 1: What that's like atom ends Like yeah, like every throat pillow from the couch, Like this is insane. And there's a note on the floor that says, I helped myself to some things.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I love you, Amanda.
Speaker 1: Even that note is fucking bitchy and like gas lady, even the note is like sarcastic and obnoxious and then going and then apologizing, and then saying I love you. None of the things, none of the second two sentences are true. I think I don't think you're sorry. I don't think you really love your sister. And then Amanda just starts crying again. And that's stick wolf and it's real Tome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as we know, you know, she's on the lamb for a long.
Speaker 1: Time until the flute episode, like like Kim is in the wind until the flood episode. So even she's a dumb ass, she sticks around New York, it's like, get out of there. You know, your sister's whole fucking squad's gonna have their eyes open for you. So stupid. I mean, they were right, she is too dumb. She's not a criminal mastermind. Yeah, but I'm excited to hear about this case because I don't know, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: So this is the Tracy Robertson case. We're talking Texas two thousand and six. Darryl Roberson comes home from a late night card game on December eleventh, sometime after midnight, in the morning hours of the night. So she told her husband she's gonna just take a bath. But then he tried calling her and there was just no answer, and it's because she was outside.
Speaker 4: But he didn't know that.
Speaker 2: No one's answering any of the phones, his daughter's cell phones, the wife's cell phone. He tried calling for a half hour between one thirty eight am and two twelve am, and he became concerned. He finally got his seven year old daughter Jr. On the line at two twelve am, and she tells Darryl that she can't find her mom in the house. So he drives to the house and while talking to his daughter on the phone the whole time, he's like locked the front door, and so he comes home early. He couldn't because he gets he couldn't get a hold of her, so he would have been playing cards later. This is like his game night, but he got scared. So then he finds his wife with another man, Devin LaSalle, in a pickup truck in the driveway and I guess, you know, like her titty was in his mouth.
Speaker 4: So that's what the article said. I didn't put it in, but it is. It was one of those.
Speaker 1: She was very very she was wearing very little clothing. She was with her lover.
Speaker 2: She said she was being raped though, So her husband fired four shots into the truck as Devin Lesal drove off, and he did kill him.
Speaker 4: So Devin is dead now.
Speaker 2: He was driving off because I guess people knew a core to court documents from the appeal attempts that he was known to have a very very violent temper and that even when he realized, like when he realized what was happening, he was like, oh shit, Darryl, like he knew he had to get the fuck out of there, shifted to reverse to back up, like he knew that this guy was probably you know, had a gun and had a temper. A witness, William Carlyle to ABC News, said that the man ran up to the truck through the driver's window. The fact that there's names are Darryl and Devin is like kind of fucked up. It's very hard for me and I need everyone to know that. So, so this is Darryl. The husband runs up to the truck through This is from a witness, to the driver's window and just shot and emptied the clip right into the man point blank. Some investigators say that Darryl screamed for her to get out of the truck and accused her of cheating on him after he already shot the man. On the stand, she admitted that they'd been having an affair for two months, and she also said on the stand that she was a battered woman in a marriage with her high school sweetheart who sucked, and that Devin was hot and young and flirty. And relatives of Robertson testified that she was in an abusive and controlling marriage and gave examples of previous abuse, including an incident where he pulled a gun on her during an argument fifteen years prior. So this isn't like a great guy. So prosecutors said that she yelled out for help and cried rape. So that and that is what happened. So and in court documents everyone agrees on that she she screamed rape before he started to shoot. Daryl was arrested and charged with murder, but then those charges were dropped and a grand jury indicted Tracy instead.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and that she just.
Speaker 1: Wanted her She just wanted her shitty husband to go to jail and didn't care if he killed her boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think she was scared that she just got caught cheating and started screaming rape to make up for it reminds me of the Chloe sevenya.
Speaker 4: Episode is wow maybe at all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Is that one? Or am I thinking there's one with the other one that mother, isn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And the other one it's like a mom and the card it's a mother one and then the son kills his friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. Not the Chloe seven yea. My bad.
Speaker 2: Also, that one has Valentine's Day in the title, and the Rihanna one has like funny like funny value yea. And that really fucks me up as well, because I don't like watching the Rihanna one. Yeah, that one sucks, and not to compare traumas, but I love watching Chloe seven ye So yeah, do anything, Okay, Darryl, So Daryl was accused, they were like fuck that and this is so Texas, Like okay, fine, like add charges to her for sure. She caused like you know, like if you're screaming rape and you know your husband loves guns, but like the shooter should still also be charged with mans Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You shot a man four times? Like I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: And the detective dishco I couldn't find his first name, but in court papers it states that he testified that according to the nine to one to one call recording, it did not appear that Daryl believed that Lasal was attempting to rape the tracy and testified that he thought that Daryl was just a jealous man. And then Barry Dickie forensic analysist, did I say that wrong? Analysts analysish, my god, it's so loud. Okay, the very Dickie forensic analysts testified that he did not appear to be collaborating or colluding with one another during the call, but they were arguing during the first five minutes of the call.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: She had a three day trial and defense attorneys called no witnesses, but did blame the death on Daryl's jealousy and rage. Prosecutors put it all on her improved the affair that she was having with LaSalle, and even a text message that invited him over to the house that night. So one text, which was State Exhibits fifty seven, said yes, please only one request in all caps, come on my back and let it flow into my butt exclamation point, and then please in all caps.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, stop is that merch.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I think I want to make only one request, babe, aim higher, Like you can ask for a couple of different things. When you're hooking up with someone, your only request is that he is, that he don't kink shame her. That's her only request. She's like, all I need is for you just shoot it on my bag and let it drip down. Oh my god, Wow, caps that I'm making.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely making a necklace with the first letter of every word.
Speaker 4: That a perfect friendship, buthlet only one rick.
Speaker 2: But also, rape can happen even if you invite someone over to compet you, you know what I mean, So like that's also a thing that is real. On the stand, she did say they had only had two sexual encounters. They flirted a bunch at Walmart and then at school pick up for a while. But the dude who did the shooting again, I already said this should have gone in trouble.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 2: But again, it's Texas and they just saw him as a protective husband. But even if it was rape, someone was dead, Like you still have to like go to court and say with self defense, like or enraged or I was this or that, like to fully not even any charges.
Speaker 4: To me, is wild.
Speaker 1: I think it's justifiable homicide if you kill someone while they're committing a felony, like as you you're like, I was protecting someone.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I mean, especially in Texas.
Speaker 2: But they saw her as setting the killing in motion with a false accusation, and yeah, it's isn't able to fire, so justified to shoot to kill the defend. Just what Kara said. So she was convicted of manslaughter in two thousand and eight. Some reports say involuntary, but all the court documents just say manslaughter.
Speaker 4: So it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Manslaughter means someone recklessly causes the death of an individual, which also means they were aware of the substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur, and disregarded them.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is, like drunk driving, Like when you drive drunk, it's like you know you could hurt someone and you don't like like.
Speaker 4: Her screaming rape, she was whatever.
Speaker 2: She could have been scared either way, I don't know, but like, yeah, I think she should have gotten charged, but so should of him.
Speaker 1: I mean, because she was thinking fast, going Oh my God, my husband's gonna kill me, like and so she just so even if she made that up, did she have a reasonable expectation that he was going to be murdered? Did she know her husband had the gun on him? Yeah, like I think, I mean he's pulled a gun on her before. Like I think he's a gun totally. I mean he's driving with a gun, wasted from poker night. Yeah, Like her defense should have just been like, this is a man with a pattern of abuse towards her, and she would either he died, my boyfriend died, or I die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just like, oh my god, where the fuck is my wife? Could have been the vibe or it could have been like, oh no, what's my kids are alone? And I can't my wife's like what happens? So it's like, yeah, we really just don't know. I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Would I mean, I'd have to like fucking read the transcripts.
Speaker 4: I guess, Okay, some more about Manstortter.
Speaker 2: There's so the front criminal responsible if the result would not have occurred but for this conduct. But what I say is my legally blonde el Woods in class moment. Can they prove that the man wouldn't have shot him from being just jealous, Like you can't prove that, Like you can't prove that the rape led to the shooting. He could have been in a jealous rage right by multiple witnesses. Yes, I don't think you can prove that he wouldn't have shot him without it considering.
Speaker 4: A reasonable doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that all these witnesses said that he was a rageful, jealous guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Devin LaSalle's son Kendall took the stand and it was really sad obviously, and the Stephen sadder. So that Sunday, him and his son went to an NFL game, the Cowboys versus the Saints, and he got an autograph Jersey and his dad like cried that day from joy and happiness, and like him and his son cried from this like amazing day they had at a football game and then he was shot just like hours later into the night. Damn and Robertson thirty seven. That Tracy Robertson thirty seven. At the time of the court case, she cried when the verdict was announced. She faced two to twenty years in prison. She was sentenced to five years. They stayed together though, and Darryl's quoted an ABC seven News saying he's never even considered divorce and wishes he could take his wife's place in prison because as a man, you hate to see your wife hurt.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I mean, they love each other. I guess I don't fucking know.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of like the guy in the escape at Dan Mora Patricia Arcat situation. You know, sometimes if some people are right or die, like yeah it. She tried to appeal that was denied on like really quickly. August fifth, twenty ten. Legal experts at the University of Texas at Austin and Texas Wesleyan University have said they'd never heard of a woman being indicted on manslaughter for making false claims that led to homicide, But they said the legal theory appeared to be sound, and the husband was entitled to defend his wife if he thought she was being harmed. And that's a direct quote from something called Star Telegram. I mean, I wonder if she was trying to plan this in any way, but.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't think, really don't. I think.
Speaker 2: I think honestly, she went to Walmart a bunch they would meet up in the parking lot. He was like probably like hot and flirty. She loved the attention. They hooked up and then this was their second hookup, and the guy like, okay, damn, damn because they talk about how autious that's a late ass card game till two in the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it. But he came home early. He would have stayed out late. He was just checking in, you know. It seemed like I don't know, but he could have been a controlling person like we don't know anything. This is very gone girl. Okay, this is very gone girl. It can go either way. He could have been like, where the fuck is my wife? Yeah, motherfucker, you're trying to fuck you know. Or it could have been my daughter's alone at home. I'm checking in with my wife to see if I needed to come home. Yeah, I couldn't get a hold of her. I don't trust a man, and he has pulled a gun to her head, before, so sure, yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: I just feel like the defense could have presented like a whole pattern of abuse and that she was acting now of like her but not and maybe not in Texas, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But also they can't prove that he wouldn't have shot the man without the rape thing, Like I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's whatever it is, what it is.
Speaker 1: There probably men on the story that thought, if my girl yells at that out, I'm killing a guy.
Speaker 2: I wonder who afforded better lawyers? Like who ran the Grand Jurt Like, we don't know any of that stuff either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well we have a great guest, so nobody move a muscle, will be right back. Our guest today is an actor and prolific audiobook narrator. She has been featured on such shows as Star Trek, The Next Generation, Judging Amy, and many others. But you know her for playing the iconic role of doctor Elizabeth Olive across multiple seasons and franchises of Law and Order, Looting, and most notably The Mothership, but also this gorgeous episode of SVU. Please enjoy our chat with the talented Carolyn McCormick.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, Carol, looking at you? Hello, Hello, so nice to meet you.
Speaker 7: You too, God, You guys got me looking back at old SVUS.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I just watched all of yours last night, back to back.
Speaker 4: Loved it.
Speaker 7: Did you see the one where I was pregnant because I didn't see that one.
Speaker 5: I did one in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Was that must have been season one or just look like one.
Speaker 7: It was season one and they were still shooting in New Jersey because the mothership, Law and Order was still.
Speaker 5: At Chelsea Pears.
Speaker 7: Oh okay so, and I was super pregnant, and I remember they had a really hard time shooting around my stomach.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell it all. No, I just loved your little short haircut. It was like a I had.
Speaker 5: I had so many different haircuts I called all the whole, all the Law and Order. I called them a study in hairstyles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, went Marishka.
Speaker 1: Well, watching them all back to back, I also realized your character is such good jewelry, Like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she does have nice jewelry.
Speaker 2: Like I wonder if she comes from month, Like I was like, damn, she has the best opals there were jays.
Speaker 5: And she has good clothes.
Speaker 7: My roommate from college is an actual therapist. And I used to call her all the time and ask her she's a psych psychologist And I would say.
Speaker 5: What does this term me?
Speaker 7: Blah blah blah, and she would say, I want to do your job.
Speaker 5: I want your wardrobe. I want your true she says, I do the real stuff, and you look so much better than I do.
Speaker 2: And then there was one episode I watched, but it's like Abuse in season two, but you're in a green turtle neck sweater and Marishka is in a brown one, and you just look like the cover of like a fall catalog.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah, I think that was right after I had my baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you obviously lawn Order original recipe icon there for a long time. So when you do these other ones, they just call you in right, you're not you know, they're like, you're coming out.
Speaker 7: They just asked me, but they don't ask me anymore. I think I'm too old.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's not that.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, your character just on SVU was like more the George Wong character, like what b D. Wong ends up being, right, So it's him for like so many seasons. And now they don't even really go into the psychology as much, which we miss, like we like they just it's not like they've replaced you with someone younger.
Speaker 4: They just kind of don't have that element as much, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I love the psychology of it. Yeah, you do to people who do those deviant crimes clearly have psychological issues that should be addressed. And I was just watching rewatching this morning, that Munchausen episode, which is such an interesting thing about debilitating your own child in order to.
Speaker 5: Keep them dependent, so disturbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and you get it out of that. She was so good, Dendre Taylor. Yeah a good, she was really good. But yeah, it's like that's when she felt safe and got attention, was when she was sick and not like figuring it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's like an addiction to like the pity and the yeah, the attention.
Speaker 2: But that's why we love this element of the show because it grounds it in reality, and we like that.
Speaker 4: We like to learn, learn the things.
Speaker 2: You also get to be on the stand a lot, which are those fun days at work or you're like, fucking, it's a lot of bang.
Speaker 7: Day because what they do they do this thing called block shooting, So they shoot over your shoulder, the camera's here, and they shoot the courtroom and all the extras so that they can let the extras go. Oh, so they'll shoot every person in the stand, not always, but most of the time. So you do your testimony off camera, maybe at eight in the morning, and the camera doesn't turn around until everyone has done their testimony, and then they let all the people go. So when you're in the stand six seven hours later, sometimes you're looking out to an empty courtroom except for the crew and the actress that speak.
Speaker 5: So it's very weird in terms of the reality of would you rather more people be there?
Speaker 7: No, it's just hard when you do your testimony off camera in the morning and then like seven hours later the camera's on you, and it's the same testimony of just trying to you know, and remembering like, oh, I look at the jury here, or oh I looked at the defense remembering what you did, Yeah, and remembering your lines because sometimes once you say them and then they're very flimsy sometimes, so it's like they start to disappear.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I did a lot of courtroom, a lot of courtroom.
Speaker 1: When you were like, I'm so curious about your regular Law and Order days and then coming over to SVU, like how did that feel?
Speaker 4: Like were you ever doing them?
Speaker 1: Were you doing like SVU mostly after Law and Order was done you or like were they intertwine like same time?
Speaker 7: I think that they were doing in the some of them were at the same time, the early ones because they were still in New Jersey because we had the Chelsea Piers set. And then when when that show is canceled, I don't know what I have it, probably somewhere, but then they they came in and took over the Chelsea Peers set, so they're back. But like nineteen ninety nine, I was doing both and.
Speaker 2: You were doing Law Order up until O nine. It seems like now, yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Had Lawn Order all the way to the end, you know, not as often, you know, because I did leave for a while to do another series called Cracker, also about a psychiatrist. But the main thing I always noticed with SVU is they let the characters have personal lives.
Speaker 5: Where Dick was very clear.
Speaker 7: About the Mothership Law Order that he didn't want to get into the weeds with Ta going home with any of the characters, So like, you don't know if all of that comes from money. You don't know if she has a boyfriend or a girlfriend or anything, or kids. You never find out any of that information. Whereas it's interesting on SEU. You go home with them, you see where they live, you see their past, traumas, you see their kids, you see their personal life, which is much which he was very adamant about not getting into on the Mothership.
Speaker 2: So that means on Mothership you mostly talked to victims.
Speaker 7: It was super procedural in the sense that it really tried to define what is the crime and is there a law that defines the crime. So it was literally half hour of the cops and half.
Speaker 5: Hour of the courtroom lawyers. Yeah, So it was really specific law and order. There was no lead, really no call in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it dealt with you know, there isn't a law to meet every crime. You know, you some people get off just because there isn't a way to keep them in jail like you can. That's what made them the first to show the Mothership so good, I think, because so often the bad guy did get off just because there was no way to get them in prison.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, what this episode we in our podcast we talk about the true crime episodes are based on, and it was in Texas and it was like because of the laws. Basically, a woman said the person she was having an affair with was raping her. So the husband killed that man, but the grand jury let him go because he has a right to defend himself.
Speaker 4: And only she served time for being the planner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's Texas, so you're allowed to shoot whoever the fuck you want, and she's Without her, it wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 4: So she's the only one who serves and it was a manslaughter.
Speaker 5: Charge and it's a woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I did an episode. I did a movie of the Week with Jacqueline Smith where she hires someone to the podcast Oh how she Yeah, she I played her sister and she goes to prison. She has a boyfriend who's a cop, her husband who's a cop, and he's bad. He beats her up, so she hires someone to kill her husband, and of course it all goes south and she gets found out. It's called the Donna Yaklich story and it's a true story.
Speaker 5: And this woman went.
Speaker 7: To prison because she hired this guy and even though she couldn't kill him herself and self defense, she wasn't strong enough and the cops didn't take her seriously because he was a cop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they kept letting him off. It was a really.
Speaker 7: Good Yeah, it was from a long time ago, but it's a good story because it's.
Speaker 5: True and it's really tragic.
Speaker 7: And I think Donna Yaclet is still in prison in Denver or Colorado, or she's not even alive anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but.
Speaker 6: They are you based on this, we should do it. Oh yeah, there should be, because it's a really good story because the woman has you're in the terrible situation because you're not strong enough to kill them yourself, so you hire someone or and the cops don't are going to do anything because he's their buddy.
Speaker 7: It was a really interesting story, but it was very you know, she obviously didn't.
Speaker 5: Know what she was doing.
Speaker 7: Your hearts on Yokol guy to commit the crime.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like Donna was released in October of two thousand and five.
Speaker 5: Oh very good, Carl. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I hope you're out there. I hope you're listening. I hope you're living life. I know.
Speaker 5: I hope you are living your life. I hope you're as gorgeous as Jacqueline Smith.
Speaker 4: Oh she's quite pretty, but not Jacqueline Smith level. I mean, jeez.
Speaker 1: I like I think it's fun because, like I watched a lot of her over in a Law and Order. But SVU was really like what became my like more obviously obsession. But I do sort of like when Jack McCoy pops in or Jerry Orbach pops in or you know, Olivet. Like so I think it's fun to kind of tie them together because they are in the same universe obviously.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, And I was thinking when I was watching today, I was looking at the episode where I don't know, it's one of the rapes and you know, olive gets raped on order, and I thought, oh, there should be an episode where Benson and Olivet talk about their their mutual experiences.
Speaker 4: Because I likely should, I know.
Speaker 7: I was watching it today and I thought, that's so funny that they never because I do love it when they bring in like a Pitha they'll bring in yeah, you know, they do a lot of those crossovers, and all of it has been on criminal Intent Trial by Jury. Yeah, SVU, I've done them all except for the Mobster one.
Speaker 1: No mean, actually, the Trial by Jury that you did is a arc. It's like a two parter with SVU, right, because you did one that was called Day and the SVU episode is called Night and Angela Lansbury. It's like Alfred Molina amazing episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh I loved Alfred Molina. He was so fun.
Speaker 4: He seems really cool.
Speaker 5: He's just fun, like.
Speaker 7: You're with him and you just want to stay in the room and talk about whatever occurs to you.
Speaker 1: He was just fat and it was such a little weird, weird psycho in the show.
Speaker 4: But like in real life, Yeah, he has.
Speaker 5: Like Asperger's or something, right.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You sort of think that, but then you're like, or does he just have like severe entitlement because is what mom has let him get away with anything he wants his entire life, like he's been assaulting staff members.
Speaker 4: With a murder. He was raping, murdering, throwing money on bodies.
Speaker 5: And Bradley Cooper's in that. Yeah, yeah, super cute.
Speaker 7: I remember thinking he wasn't a movie star yet, but I watched Alias and so I loved him from Aliens. Oh, and I remember I remember wanting to say, you know, you're so good, and I think I did say it because you know, why.
Speaker 2: Not he was He wasn't Bradley Cooper yet well, and I'm sure he was happy to get the compliment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but so cute.
Speaker 5: One of those people who you know how sometimes you meet people, their eyes just go. He had these eyes. I was like, wow, look at those eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, definitely a generational hottie.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, completely.
Speaker 1: Wait when you had when your character is sexually assaulted, is it like on the show or is it just something in the backstory that they told someone from your past as well?
Speaker 7: Like no, no, no, it was what was the episode called my character?
Speaker 2: It was it happened best to get the guyna cologist, doctor Alex Rerett.
Speaker 5: He I think it was.
Speaker 7: Who was the actress? It was a really good actress. She's been raped and they won't They can't. I haven't seen it in so long. They can't bring him up on charges or find it any evidence.
Speaker 5: So I go in maybe helpless, that's what it's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I go in to the gynecologist and sort of see what will happen, and he drugs me and rapes me.
Speaker 5: And Paul Servino. So it was back during Paul Servina's era.
Speaker 4: They let you just go in there, like, no, no backup.
Speaker 5: I went in.
Speaker 7: No, they were upset with me because I went in doing my own little investigation. And then this happens, and then the cops go to pursue it.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 7: It was also during Michael Moriarty's time, so it's early. It must have been in like the first three or four seasons.
Speaker 1: I literally just found a breakdown of this character him on a Pure Evil Villains fandom site, literally just as pure.
Speaker 4: Evil on top of his sleeth.
Speaker 1: That was season three. I don't I can't believe. I don't know if I knew that.
Speaker 7: And I think Sarah Paulson was the nurse in the room with me who he gets her to leave the room.
Speaker 4: Well, Felicity Hoffman's in this episode.
Speaker 5: Tracy Flicity Huffman.
Speaker 7: That's just been right wife damn, and she I'm trying to help her out. I can't remember the details, but I do remember shooting it because I was on a guynological table and Paul Heckt had to the actor had to put on his little gloves, and I had my little feet in the stirrups, and he was so nervous, and I was so ready to just be let's just get this done and get out of here, and he, like at one point was supposed to really casually put on his little rubber gloves and he's being all calm like he's the doctor and he puts on the glove and his hand goes right through.
Speaker 8: The glove through My god, because he was clearly so tense about having to do this part, and I was just like, whatever, let's just get this over with us.
Speaker 5: I'm lying on my back. I forgot he drugs me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forgot that. Sorvino is before or back right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, ya all left to pursue his opera career.
Speaker 4: Wow do you think you read?
Speaker 5: And then? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I never saw him after that. We used to, I mean we'd see I saw him all the time when we were shooting. He was fun that he uh, I mean.
Speaker 4: It seems like he's still working. He's got one hundred and seventy six credits on IMDb.
Speaker 5: Paul, No, Paul is gone. Paul died.
Speaker 4: Oh he died. I'm so sorry. I didn't know that. I'm so sorry he died.
Speaker 5: Had a credit for a lot.
Speaker 1: Sorry, he was a credit from twenty twenty five, so I thought he was.
Speaker 7: Still like Paul Servino was in the episode. He was one of them, Chris Notath and Paul Servino and Michael BRIARTI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that he was pre Orbach I forgot that he was like the pre Orboe because I always think of like Jerry and Chris Noath as kind of like the original.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, Paul was there.
Speaker 7: But Paul was only there I think like a year and a half. He left for mid season and the first guy that was partnered with Chris was George Zunza, and he just did one season, the first season, and he didn't want to stay.
Speaker 4: So who left to do opera? Paul Sorvino or Paul Paul Sorvino.
Speaker 5: Okay, Paul Sorvinot he was. He had a really good thing opera voice.
Speaker 7: Joe Sterne used to give Christmas parties and Paul would get on the little balcony at the house that Joe was renting and he was serenade us with.
Speaker 4: Christmas jo with Christmas songs. That's cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 4: Wait, do you have any other kind of memories like that?
Speaker 2: More like Christmas parties, extracurricular away from the job fun memories.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: I got to be good friends with Jill Hennessy and she's quite the rock star. She writes her own music and I'm seeing her actually this Saturday. She does she has a concert at City Vineyard, and I give a Christmas party every year at my house and all my actor friends and my husband's actor friends. It gets to be like an enormous party. But Chris always comes, and a Patha and Jill, so the few of the people that and I see Sam every now and then I was friends with Michael Moriarty, but then he kind of disappeared into Canada and I don't know, I've lost track of him. Canada is huge, and I see Dan. Dan Floric and I did a play together. He directed it Love called Loreenes Whereabouts Larry Ketron play in the City.
Speaker 5: That was fun.
Speaker 2: He was our first cast member interview, so it was it's like very a big deal.
Speaker 5: He's fun. He's fun, he's game. He's one of those people. He's just game.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this, but last season they killed his character like he wasn't he wasn't recurring anymore. But he went back in and then they just opened the season at his funeral for no reason.
Speaker 4: You didn't need to do that. We could have brought him back once in a while.
Speaker 2: I could have been a random other funeral, Like I don't understand why I had to be him.
Speaker 5: I wonder if Dan didn't want to do it at all.
Speaker 1: No. I think it's like they wanted the publicity of saying a major cast member dies in the opening like episode.
Speaker 2: But because we always have hope that characters come back like tomorrow, like people come back, and so yeah, there, we don't like that. There now he can never come back.
Speaker 5: I like having them come back.
Speaker 2: Well now, I want you and Benson to have I want that because when she's had other traumas like a conference, you're like some sort of bottle episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Her therapist ends up being Bill Irwin, the actor who plays mister Noodle.
Speaker 4: I guess on Sesame Street.
Speaker 5: No, I know Bill. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's fine, he's great.
Speaker 1: But I think it makes more sense that Benson would go to a female psychologists psychiogist.
Speaker 7: And and Marishka and I had some scenes to we've done some episodes together, but not in a while. And oddly enough, the series I left Law in order to do was called Cracker, and Marishka was in the pilot.
Speaker 5: Oh really, and then they let her go for I.
Speaker 7: Have no idea why, because she's fabulous and then she glanded SVU.
Speaker 4: Everything happens for a reason. I guess that was.
Speaker 5: A good thing.
Speaker 7: But so Marishka and I, we didn't work together on Cracker, but you know we saw each.
Speaker 5: Other because she was in the same series as me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she just.
Speaker 5: Did the pilot.
Speaker 2: According to IMDb, it seems like your first like series regular show was Spence Spencer for Higher, Spencer for Hire.
Speaker 5: So Robert Urick was that, like.
Speaker 2: Do you remember like booking that it being your first show? Like memories from that.
Speaker 7: I remember my agent wanting me not to do it because he wanted me to do film, and I was like, I don't know. I remember I didn't have to go to the network, which is really good because you don't the network. You know those network auditions, and I kept turning. He kept saying, no, she's not going to go to the network. She's not going to go to the network. And so they saw all these girls at the network and they said, no.
Speaker 5: We don't like I want her the woman who wouldn't come in.
Speaker 7: And so they cast me, and my agent just kept saying, well, you got to give her this, you got to give her this, and they I ended up getting a really good deal in that show, and I lived in Boston, which I loved because I'd gone to school in the East.
Speaker 5: I went to Williams in Massachusetts.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 5: I love going back. I would love being back on the East Coast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where do you live? Do you live there? Where do you live now?
Speaker 5: I live in Manhattan.
Speaker 4: I live in New York.
Speaker 5: Then after that I went back.
Speaker 7: To LA And yeah, stayed in LA a little longer, but I always felt more like a New Yorker than a California girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I'm in California only when I'm working, Like whenever I do a pilot or a TV show, I've been there or a film.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Williams has like the that Williamstown like theater festival and.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they're not connected at all, oddly enough, but it's the same place, right, same place.
Speaker 1: Just every place that I know who like went to Williams would always go back to, like go to that festival and like work at it or be in it, and you know it. Just when I was not connected but sort of connected, Well.
Speaker 5: It's connected.
Speaker 7: It's the same space. But I remember when I graduated and all my friends are leaving in my roommates and everyone, and I was working. I had been hired to be in the Greeks at the Williamstown Theater Festival. And suddenly I'm not leaving with all my classmates. I'm going back to my freshman dorm because that's where they put me to work the festival.
Speaker 5: And I thought.
Speaker 7: I remember lying in the bed and thinking, this does not feel like progress.
Speaker 4: Am I moving forwards?
Speaker 7: I should not still be at my college in my freshman dorm.
Speaker 4: So funny, way, your husband's in an SVU.
Speaker 5: Oh he's done a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's in an SVU.
Speaker 2: Compliance. Yeah, he's obviously done so much. I'm like looking at it right now. How'd you guys meet acting in a play?
Speaker 5: He's a big theater guy.
Speaker 7: Mostly we met doing a play in Our first play together was in nineteen eighty three at Act in San Francisco with my best friend Anette Benning. So it was me, Byron and Annette, and then I went back.
Speaker 4: I oh.
Speaker 7: Then I went off to do various things television and a movie and blah blah blah. And then in nineteen eighty seven we met up again in San Diego to do a Faedo farce at the Old Globe and that's when we got together. Oh and then he didn't want to live in LA because he's a theater guy, so we moved to New York and that ice and he does a.
Speaker 5: Lot of Broadway.
Speaker 1: And I recognized him as soon as I looked him up, and I mean he was He's in this episode where this guy is committing crimes because he's suffering from schizophrenia and they want to medicate him against his will. And I believe your husband is his lawyer in the episode. Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 2: And then you do so much because we found out you're reading the Hunger Game books.
Speaker 4: You're the voice.
Speaker 7: I read the Hunger Game books long's that's before they were a sensation. Because and my older son is a voracious reader. They both love to read, but he really loves to read. And I remember getting basically the Galleries. I just got, you know, it's a big old binder with the book, and I reading it, and my son was obsessed with.
Speaker 5: Harry Potter books. So I thought, as I'm reading.
Speaker 7: It, oh, he's going to love this. So I gave him the I said, do you want to read this book? So he read it before it was even published and then the second time it came out. The second time it came out, they made me sign a waiver that I wouldn't share it with anyone, which I wasn't.
Speaker 5: I just gave it to my son in our house, you know.
Speaker 7: But so I said okay, And so I told my son, I said, I have the second book. You want to read it, but you know, I had to sign something saying I wouldn't show it to anyone.
Speaker 5: And he goes, I don't want to read it then and get you in trouble. So I didn't read it.
Speaker 4: He was like twelve.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I did all three of those books. And then the movies came out, and then it became like but I knew.
Speaker 5: When I read it. I was like, this is gonna be.
Speaker 4: This's gonna be something. Yeah. Do you do a lot of books?
Speaker 7: I used to. I seemed I used to do a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to do a lot. I used to a lot of James Patterson. I did a lot of Oh my god, Yeah, yeah, I've done I did a lot.
Speaker 7: I've done a lot. I've probably done fifteen. I mean, my website would have all the books I've done.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love your website either it was like a residual thing or is that just a deal?
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: I love your website. By the way, I looked at it before we came on. The pictures are so cute. You're like, so you just look really cute on your website.
Speaker 2: You know what we need our listeners to do. We need to have a Benson drawing. But of all of that's hairdoos throughout the day?
Speaker 4: Yes, right?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Well.
Speaker 7: I had really short hair at the beginning because I'd just done Saint Joones, so I'd cut all my hair off and then it grew out, and then I had babies and so I cut it off again and then it grows out and depending on some hair, people do big hair, and I tend to be wanting like not big hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So but when I see episodes and like I can remember, like I know who did my hair that day?
Speaker 5: You know, And but it really is a study in hairstyles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're so of the time, a lot of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the big hairs of the time.
Speaker 2: Anything else you want to mention before we go any stories or you know, final things.
Speaker 1: There also no pressure we can cut this fully.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know I am your go to snack Peanut Eminem's.
Speaker 4: Yes, good answer, the best.
Speaker 7: No one ever says that everything on Craft Service are things you would never have in your house because they're just not good to eat all the time. And I would if someone had peanut Eminem's in my house, I'd be eating them right now, like talking to you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love peanut em so yeah.
Speaker 7: I can't think of anything else other than you know, all the people were so great and it was set what's really weird?
Speaker 5: I googled this when I was trying to find my SVU episodes and.
Speaker 7: It says that all the dead peaks all the people who've died on Law and Order, and it includes a patha.
Speaker 5: I just want someone.
Speaker 7: Out there to correct that, Yes, the Patha is not gone.
Speaker 5: No, there's some.
Speaker 4: Sight we'll try to find.
Speaker 5: I put I don't know.
Speaker 7: I put in like Carolyn McCormick on SVU episodes because I was trying to find to watch some of them so I had, you know, could remember because in my mind, it's like one really long episode of Law and Order.
Speaker 4: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: Thank you, No, we're we're really lucky that we get to talk to everybody.
Speaker 4: No, it's good, thank you for doing it.
Speaker 7: Nice that you guys love the show. Yeah, have you gotten Mariska to do it?
Speaker 4: Tried yet, She's.
Speaker 1: Kind of like our nice tea and ah, yeah, we're waiting.
Speaker 2: We're figuring it because it's also the right episode. I'm at the right time, you know. Yeah, there's no loss of talent that we can reach out to.
Speaker 4: So that's that's really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then our only repeat's been Neil Baar. Oh we had him on twice. Yeah, because he just had so much to say.
Speaker 5: A lot of stories. Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: I wish I could think of some more stories. I can't really think of it. I love Jerry Orbach though. Jerry was great.
Speaker 4: I love Jerry.
Speaker 5: Jerry was so good. And what I learned from Jerry was to learn everybody's name.
Speaker 7: He was so good, like everyone loved him, the actors, the crafty, the crew, the teamsters, they all because he treated everyone like they were kings. And I remember someone told me once one of his drivers, I was going. They picked me up one day to go to work and he drives Jerry and he was telling me how Jerry would say to him, come on, go, go.
Speaker 5: Go, and he'd be like, the light's ready goes.
Speaker 7: Look, you'll never get rear ended if you don't put on the brakes. So it was basically just telling him to just go, go go. But he was he was such a fun guy and he was another real theater guy.
Speaker 5: So Dick was really smart and getting the real you know, theater actors from.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean if I see a playbill and there's not a view, I'm like, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: Or at least one of the law and orders.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, also during pandemic and one of the first shows back, and like we're hiring so many theater actors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, that's good.
Speaker 4: He came for you so much, Marilyn. That was okay. It's so nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Guys. Love hear we talked to all about I love her, you know, I love just an artsy family doing it up.
Speaker 4: I want an invite to that Christmas party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, living in New York, actor friends having a fun time. Love it, love it for them.
Speaker 2: Our trek baby. Well yeah, because that book I read was about like that kind of a show. I wonder what show was notorious, like the Battlestar Galactica about like what is the space shows? What's the best fun space show? Like if I wanted to watch a space show.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm Jared is a Star Trek guy, like he loves Star Trek. But then there's and Casey's nodding like I think Star Trek's the iconic and like there's different Right, there's Deep Space nine, there's Next Generation.
Speaker 2: Right, there's different Which one? Shout out? Which one do you think I would like?
Speaker 1: I think that Star Trek the Next Generation is like the funniest and horniest one. Okay, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, it's nineteen eighty seven. That's the year I was born.
Speaker 2: I do remember that guy, the like monstery looking guy, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember him from commercial.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, I'm going to watch this. I think you're gonna see it. You're also going to see like a lot of random SVU people too. Okay, all right, let's see. It's on Pluto so I could get my hands Pluto. I do want to say something that happened at Union that was crazy. So I'm on stage, I'm doing whiplash.
Speaker 2: It's like on Saturday, in the middle of my set through the speakers, like I don't know what's happening at first, but we I soon realize that someone is playing like Candy Crush style game on their phone and it's coming through the audio of the speakers of the show.
Speaker 4: So you hear the.
Speaker 1: Like you're hearing a game being played, and the my MIC's not so it's like and people think it's like a bit, and I'm like, this isn't a bit, Like I don't do bits like this, like I like and so.
Speaker 4: It's crazy the sound.
Speaker 2: Everyone's running, they unplug everything, the MIC's unplug they plug the mic back in. The game stops, but then starts through the audio like an audio book of a World War two story, like so suddenly it's just a history books starts going through the speakers and.
Speaker 4: No one knows.
Speaker 2: It's like it's it was true pandemonium and then you know, I got I got through it and then finish my set and whatever. But it was really crazy, So if you were there, silly, but they didn't figure out, like no, and I.
Speaker 4: Said, I want to, I go, I don't care, but I need to get to the bottom of it. I'm gonna go. I'm a curious person and I'd like to know what's going.
Speaker 1: On here, because it's not like a random person can just like bluetooth into a speaker system, you know, like this must have been No. I told everyone they better or find the answer and find out what we get that we need to find the culprit. I mean, it's a tech person. It sounds like, okay, just to get back to our post mortem this episode.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to say because it feels as though this is basically the episode where we really start hating Amanda Rollins, Like this is where she's the worst. No, Kim Rollins needs to be in jail for at least ten to fifteen years, and that's what I believe. Yeah, although in the current universe she has a child that lives with the mom somewhere with Kim or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like she did have a kid with her lawyer maybe yeah, but Kim, but she was still in prison.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Get wrapped up here. We've been taking you guys on a journey. Let's get into what would Sister beg do? This is our weekly segment where we direct you to an organization, to a book, maybe even a movie, a doc something to give you more information about what we talked about in today's episode, and you know, Amanda was really grappling, I think, with her mental health and her stress and anxiety, and so this week we wanted to point you to the Mental Health Coalition. They are a coalition of the leading mental health organizations, brands, and individuals who have joined forces to end the stigma surrounding mental health and to change the way people talk about and care for mental illness. So for resources, programs or to donate, head over to the Mental Health Coalition dot org. They have a bunch of different like tabs for specific like groups, specific like traumas and stuff like that. So I think that they're a very helpful organization. Go that will be linked in our show notes and also in a story on our Instagramy this episode comes out, and we save all of those stories in our WWSPD highlights on Instagram, which is That's Messed Up Pod. If you want to go over there and converse with other listeners about the episodes.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, And next week we'll be doing Redemption in Her Corner Season twenty one, episode thirteen. Hell yeah, thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: See you guys next week. I'm on the.
Speaker 2: Road That's Messed Up as an Exactly Right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email at That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at Glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and to.
Speaker 1: Our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: And to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly Jean Andrews for our artwork.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our executive producers Georgia Hardstart, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media.
Speaker 4: Dun Dun