Speaker 1: This media podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host. He'spanta new Arthan. Today we're joined by Steve Randall, Nate Logan, Matt and Nick Tapia. Nick, this is first time on the show. Tell folks what you do here at meat Eater.
Speaker 3: First of all, thanks for having me. It's been a long time. I've been waiting for this invite. Finally got it. But I'm the senior brand producer. I work really closely with the folks at First Light, FAHF Phelps, DSD Meat Eater store. But I've worn a lot of hats here, but working kind of with with a camera in hand, so that's kind of what I do.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you one hat you ain't worn. Trivia Champion.
Speaker 2: He has not worn that hat. Let me tell you my favorite thing about Nati. My favorite thing about Nick. He's a Nuggets fan. Nick is the only other Nuggets fan of my life. Whenever I want to talk about the Nuggets, I got to text Nick about it. So it's Nick, glad you work here.
Speaker 3: It's on my text. It's my wife. Then Spencer is a plus second.
Speaker 2: It's bad I'd be a lonely Nuggets fan.
Speaker 5: You gotta say you guys will say stuff like hey, they won, Yes, exactly like that.
Speaker 3: Spencer gets deep into the analytics. It's very nerdy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need an outlet and Nick is that outlet for Nuggets chatter. Now, this is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners, choosing for the stand of the week. This week, we're updating our donation tracker through the podcast board, games, expansion packs the live tour in sponsors meat Eater. Trivia has now donated one hundred and sixty thousand dollars to more than twenty different conservation organizations. A big thanks to our partners at on x Yetie, Athletic Brewing and of course meat Eater for making sure that conservation always wins. One hundred and sixty thousand dollars to conservation. Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a Trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the meadeater dot Com with the subject line I FAQ. Tom Stanford says, is the Shelby Index still accurate? I looked into that in the past and it was accurate then. I think it's still probably accurate enough now. More so. One of the most common piece of feedback I get about the Shelby Index is that is what people compete against that week. If they are if they don't feel like they're strong players, they just want to beat the Shelby Index. So that now exists as much for those folks. It gives them a barometer as it does for predicting the outcome of a game.
Speaker 4: Nate's drawn a little blue crab, yeah, and Nate's we struggling with the back legs.
Speaker 6: They're tough, man.
Speaker 2: We have another new player in the room this week. It's Fancy Nate. For those aren't watching, tell them what you're wearing.
Speaker 7: A shout out to my Korean Taylor Limb send me a Christmas card every year. I'm wearing some linen pants, a vest and a tweet jacket and a wool pie Korean.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say you you sort of lost your underdog status when you told people that you have a tailor, it's not very relatable.
Speaker 7: The only reason I a tailor is because labor in Korea is like an eighth of the price as it is in the States.
Speaker 2: You you do not get a Christmas card from your tailor.
Speaker 6: In Korea, I will find it and bring it in.
Speaker 2: Okay, please do that?
Speaker 6: One of the greatest And do you hang it in here?
Speaker 2: Do you send your tailor Christmas card as well?
Speaker 7: I don't because I can't figure out the postal service going back?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, One Way Street, that relationship, I guess, well I did.
Speaker 6: I did give him money for a jacket. Two Way Street.
Speaker 2: We have some housekeeping to get your choice yet.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I've confirmed my choice.
Speaker 2: Nate said he's going to upgrade his wardrobe every time he wins trivia, so I don't know where this ends at Monarch, He's already elevated to a three piece suit.
Speaker 6: I need some beaver for.
Speaker 2: We have some housekeeping to get to. In previous episodes, we've talked about the potential thievery by The New York Times and Jeopardy with clues that were suspiciously similar to those on med Eater Trivia. Well, it happened again. On the January fifteen episode of the podcast, I had this question quote this Kentucky bourbon fittingly got its name after a distillery executive win on his annual Bird Hunted nineteen forty. The answer was wild turkey. Then on the March eighteen New York Times Crossword, they had a clue that said, quote bourbon brand whose name originated from a hunting expedition. The answer was, of course, wild turkey. So two months later, for the second time, they had a clue that was almost word for word.
Speaker 4: Those mother liquors do that all the time.
Speaker 6: M h.
Speaker 4: We'll have we'll cover subjects on the podcast a bunch and then we'll be like like Wildman Corner Crossers, Wildman Corner Crossers and all a sudden delt all time, Yeah, all time.
Speaker 2: Now here's my offer to you new okay, Frank, since I know you're listening.
Speaker 4: Zone is not real, and still come up with an article.
Speaker 2: I won't sue you for stealing my trivia, and you don't sue us for having a new game called Meat Eater Turtle. It's like we're more but better. You can go play it right now at the medeater dot com. Slash games.
Speaker 6: It is better.
Speaker 2: It is better, says Nate, a daily Wordle player and now a weekly Turtle player as well. Now the shelby in ext for today is a four, so our winner should get night correct answers, and with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand and win everything.
Speaker 8: How's say just tend to win everything?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 9: On Suckers.
Speaker 2: Question one, the topic is wildlife, and as always, this will be multiple choice. Which state is the American bullfrog not native to? Is it Oregon, New Hampshire, Oklahoma or Illinois?
Speaker 4: I did an abbreviation decibel meter high on that one.
Speaker 2: Very quick to answer? Which state is the American bullfrog not native to? Your full choices? Oregon, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Illinois. Steve's confident, Nate, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I got a guess?
Speaker 2: How about you? Randall gotta guess? Okay, Steve the only confident players. Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We've got Randall saying Oregon. Nick says Oregon, Matt says New Hampshire. Logan and Nate and Steve say Oregon. They got it the correct The answer is Oregon bullfrogs. Go for it.
Speaker 4: I had a conversation about this today. Oh, but not about that specific, but bullfrogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I wrote this trivia question last week, so maybe you're.
Speaker 4: Talking me not about Oregon or afrogs.
Speaker 2: Bullfrogs are native to thirty eight states, with their native range stretching from central Maine to eastern New Mexico. They are considered a significant invasive species in the western US, where they pray on and out compete native animals. Question to the topic is conservation. This eleven letter word is defined as the quote practice of growing a single crop species in a given area for a consecutive number of seasons. This is question two. The topic is conservation. This eleven letter word is defined as the practice of growing a single crop species in a given area for a consecutive number of seasons. Randal the only player with an answer. Steve has joined him.
Speaker 4: Now I mean Randal neck and neck.
Speaker 2: Huh. You got this one right. It seems good to think about it a little longer. No, I didn't random. No, okay, you're just counting your he wrote.
Speaker 4: Not only that, I write the numbers.
Speaker 2: Out, okay, to prove it eleven letter word mind as the practice of growing a single crop species in a given area for a consecutive number of seasons. Other four players are stumped. Nate, did you come up with an eleven letter word? Yeah, okay, you don't care for that eleven letter word. You'll see Nate even did his hair.
Speaker 4: Did you find yourself trying to add letters?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I kind of changed the format of the word.
Speaker 2: Huh, eleven letter word. Matt Logan, how you doing? One second? Okay? Nick, how about you? Do you have a chance if Logan, do you give up?
Speaker 8: No, I've got a good good.
Speaker 2: Think you got it?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying monoculture. Nick Uh says, what's that say? Matt says, no idea, Logan says monoculture. Nate says monocropping, crop croping, that's what I had, And Steve says monoculture. The correct answer is monoculture.
Speaker 9: I had monocropping, but I had two p's in there. I was like, well, it's not a.
Speaker 2: Monoculture. Farming has become a more has become more popular since the advent of low cost nitrogen fertilizers. However, practice is largely contrary to the principles of ecology. Monocultures reduced biodiversity, increase a crop's vulnerability to pass and disease, and cost soil degradation. But for farmers, having a monoculture increases efficiency, is easier to manage, and has higher profits.
Speaker 4: And you don't got to wonder what you're gonna plant next year.
Speaker 8: It's right.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty simple rotation if you're a or not not a rotation at all. Question three the topic is fishing. This next great question is via Rob Frey. This New England state has a rifle hunting season for pike and pickerel. What this New England state has a rifle hunting seasonicl This is question three. Randall and Logan have an answer. Steve does not.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, I have heard of this. I think about it.
Speaker 8: I've heard of it in this room.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, there's a hint.
Speaker 10: No, No, I think we talked about it on a podcast at some point.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 8: I don't know why I'm helping you.
Speaker 2: Only the host of that podcast. Maybe he'd get that right. This New England state has a rifle hunting season for Pike and Pickerel.
Speaker 9: There was one trivia question where they asked what state something was, and I put New England as a state, and brother was like, that's not a state, Logan, So apparently my knowledge of New England is poor. So we'll see the state that I wrote down is actually you were very.
Speaker 2: Quick to answer. Did you just not want to think about it too hard? No, you know, I based it.
Speaker 9: Off of something that I've read on the website.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I don't know if it's in New England, right, Steve, how do you like your answer?
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to think there's one little place. I don't know if it counts as New England.
Speaker 2: Okay, is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: One sec? One second?
Speaker 2: Do you know the New England states? Nate, okay, he's.
Speaker 8: Got a tailor in Korea knows the state.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is where I Falteredead go ahead and your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Randall saying New Hampshire. Nick says Maine, Matt says Massachusetts. Logan says New Jersey. Nate crossed out New Hampshire and wrote Vermont. Steve says New Hampshire, thinking yes.
Speaker 4: You gotta think of the state what state could be in New England where they would let you shoot guns at fish. It's not gonna be Massachusetts. They won't let you shoot guns at targets.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is Vermont transfer success. Nate got that right.
Speaker 4: You want not in the score? You got Yeah.
Speaker 2: The veron the Vermont Rifle Fishing Sea and runs from March to May and allows hunters to shoot pike, pickerel, gar carp, shad, bowfin, suckers, bullhead, and other species labeled as coalfish. The season was killed by lawmakers in nineteen sixty nine, but then revived the following year. For more on this practice, go read Pat durkins article on the medeater dot com called America's Strange history of rifle hunting for pike. And you have talked about that on the podcast before briefly, and we do have an article on our website that covers the whole thing.
Speaker 8: I was thinking the same thing as you would free r die good for You got no.
Speaker 2: Good for Vermont. Question for the topic is cooking. These places gained notoriety in twenty twenty and are defined as quote a market where fresh meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, and sometimes live animals. Are sold. These places gain notoriety in twenty twenty and are defined as a market where fresh meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, and sometimes live animals are sold. Steve Nate Randall all look confident, Matt, you have this one right as well.
Speaker 4: Sitting on a joke. I'm sitting on a joke because I don't want to reveal in the answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, Steve's got a joke. If that helps you, Logan or Nick, This is question four in the topic is cooking. These places gain notoriety in twenty twenty and are defined as a market where fresh meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, and sometimes live animals are sold.
Speaker 6: This is a great question.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, Nate. Nick, we're waiting on you.
Speaker 4: Would you say the same thing? You didn't know the answer?
Speaker 2: Probably not? Logan, How do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 9: I'm between two of them, but I feel like the one I wrote down is seems more reasonable. Okay, but I feel like they've been around for longer than twenty.
Speaker 2: Notoriety caught the chit chip waiting on nuggets super fan, Nick, do you give up?
Speaker 3: I just have market stuck in my head because that's where you would buy those things.
Speaker 2: A market where fresh meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, and sometimes live animals are sold. Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying wet markets. Nick says farm Matt says farmers markets, Logan farmers markets. Nate says wet market. Steve says wet market. The correct answer is wet market. While wet markets serve fresh foods, dry markets sell household goods such as fabrics, kitchenware, and electronics. They also play a crucial role in the exotic animal black market. The Wuhan lab that some agencies believe was the source of COVID is located ten miles from the wet market where the first cases were detected. Steve, would you like to share your joke.
Speaker 5: I hadn't really gotten it all that we worked out, but I was going to tie it into Nate here going to the tailor and yeah.
Speaker 4: Live also the wet market. You know, I don't know. I hadn't worked it out yet.
Speaker 2: What about your tailor would you say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he also owns a wet market.
Speaker 2: Oh owns like the whole property or like a little booth. Okay, question five, the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Brad Hankins.
Speaker 4: I notice you said some people think it was lab leak. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Uh No, I said the Wuhan lab that some agencies believe. I feel like, well, when I read the thing last year, I felt like they pulled on eight agencies or something like that, and I think it was kind of split on the answer, and the people who did give an answer who didn't just like say, I don't know, said low confidence, and so I think it was like split in that it's becoming.
Speaker 4: I think when you look at the scan of agencies that have looked into it, it's coming. I think it is definitely tipped.
Speaker 2: Seems like it. I think it'll all be naught to.
Speaker 4: Say that this is over observed, but it was naughty to say that.
Speaker 2: It'll also depend what political parties in the White House, I think, based on what those agencies will say it was.
Speaker 4: But doesn't it seem like a bat market would be a good place to get sick?
Speaker 8: Question?
Speaker 4: It's not illogical. I got sick, Well.
Speaker 2: It is it could it could have still come from the lab and then got like jumped to uh, there's like what raccoon dogs or something like that, or a bat or a Panglin Question five. This next great question is via Brad Hankins. This duck is named after its long pointed tail feathers that make up twenty five percent of a drake's body length. Oh my god, Steve thinks it's stupid and too easy. Nate and Matt and Randall and Steve all appear to be confident. Okay, you're making our newest player, Nick feel bad about it.
Speaker 8: That's that's an unusual thing to happen. Rarely do people.
Speaker 2: Walk out of this.
Speaker 8: Just so you know, after this one, I might.
Speaker 2: This duck is named after its long pointed tail feathers that make up twenty five percent of a drake's body length.
Speaker 6: And here I was thinking that drake was a type of duck.
Speaker 2: M Logan revisited his white board. Did you change your answer?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: No, it was it was him reading the question again. No, I've never duck hunted, so I don't really know much about ducks. Penguin, you know what, I think you spend a lot more time thinking about animals than I do.
Speaker 2: This duck is named after its long make up twenty five percent of a drake's body length. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Steve. Every season we have Randall saying pintail, everyone says pintail. Everyone got it right. The correct answer is a northern pintail. Now, what did you know about pintails? Nick? You impressed me there.
Speaker 3: At least gotta get at least gotta get that. But I'm curious, Steve, have you read the Endurance where those guys go around clubbing no penguins?
Speaker 4: I'm aware, but no, I.
Speaker 3: Would like to try that out.
Speaker 2: It's on my two.
Speaker 6: I played a lot of baseball.
Speaker 2: I'm good and good are you?
Speaker 4: Do you feel drawn to first seal? You know that too? Just hitting them on the.
Speaker 8: Head, yeah, the shack. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like a certain tourism, a certain type of tourism which is all based around stick harvest.
Speaker 2: Pintails are one of the continent's most widespread ducks, ranging from a Land to Central America. The pintails with the longest tail feathers are breeding males. Phil has a picture of one to show you. They're iconic tails. Oh yeah, Phil, there's a pretty pintail.
Speaker 5: Now, didn't you know what it was? I was wondering if it would maybe throw anybody off. Is you know how.
Speaker 4: Old squaws were renamed at least by the you know, by the Ornithological Society, And two weren't they renamed in the long tail? What's an old squad?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: I don't know, long tail duck, I think? Or is that? Is that wrong?
Speaker 2: The other part of the question you would have to satisfy is that it makes up twenty five percent of a drake's body length.
Speaker 4: Well, notice I didn't write it down.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, Okay, we're halfway through the game of trivia, Phil, give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 11: Last place she got mad He he has one point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, old squaws, long tailed duck.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 11: Coming up next is Nick new player Nick with two. Then Logan has three points and tied up in first place with four points. Apiece are Randall, Steve and new Money Nates. But I didn't know if his parents had any power generational world.
Speaker 2: Definitely, he's Nate with benefits no longer the intern flash Question six. The topic is cooking. Paul Ryan, who served as this state's congressman for twenty years, shared his venison meat loaf recipe in the twenty seventeen cookbook A Meat loaf in every oven?
Speaker 4: Oh, what's the question you're.
Speaker 2: Looking for the state? Paul Ryan, who served as this state's congressman for twenty years, shared his venison meat loaf recipe in the twenty seventeen cookbook meat Loaf in Every Oven. Randal very quick to answer, Randall, you have this one right, Yes, this is question six. Paul Ryan, who served as this state's congressman for twenty years, shared his venison meat loaf recipe in the twenty seventeen cookbook A meat Loaf in Every Oven. I'm jealous. We didn't come up with that cookbook idea first, A meat loaf in every oven, and say cookbook of just meat loaf recipes? Steve, do you have your answer nailed? Narrowed down to something?
Speaker 4: Well? I got narrowed down to three states.
Speaker 2: Paul Ryan, who served as this state's congressman for twenty years, shared his venison meat loaf recipe in the twenty seventeen cookbook A meat Loaf in Every Oven? Nick, you have an answer? Are you confident? Are you just guessing? Just gussing one and fifty?
Speaker 8: Chance?
Speaker 3: Little better than that?
Speaker 8: Okay, Nate, do you have something written down?
Speaker 2: Some things gotcha, Randall concerned about Nate.
Speaker 8: No, It's just that it's a very non committal nurse.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 8: No, And actually I probably need to back off.
Speaker 10: I've seen some comments the effect that I give Nate too hard of a time. Oh really, I'd just like you to tell the audience that we actually have a very collegial relationship.
Speaker 6: I'd like the audience to stop being soft.
Speaker 2: Bully Nate into telling people how nice you are.
Speaker 4: Randall, Yeah, do it?
Speaker 8: Do it now?
Speaker 6: Help again.
Speaker 2: We're on question six. We're trying to figure out who Paul Ryan served as a congressman for. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying Wisconsin. Nick says Ohio, Matt says Minnesota. Logan Texas. Nate crossed out Florida and wrote down Texas. Steve says Minnesota. The correct answer is Wisconsin. Randall, not that one, right.
Speaker 4: I had that written down. I wrote down Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: The cookbook also had meat little recipes from other politicians, such as Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. Ryan's was the only one that featured venison, though he's an avid bow hunter, spending most of his deer hunting time in his home state of Wisconsin and Oklahoma, where his in laws own a ranch.
Speaker 8: He uh. When he was interviewed as the vice presidential candidate as to what his favorite thing to read was, he said, uh, quality deer management.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that about him. He's also famously got a picture of a bow drawn back and uh while he's sitting in his office.
Speaker 8: And he's He once told an interviewer that his two the two landmarks that were most core to his identity were his tree stand and the local Catholic church. Wow.
Speaker 4: See, I've wanted to have him on the show, and now it's not gonna look good. Can you give me the point? Make it look like I got it right.
Speaker 2: We will make sure it remind him that Steer didn't know where.
Speaker 4: I mean, I nobody's kind of forgot it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You knew three states that he could be from question seven.
Speaker 4: I knew one of them.
Speaker 2: The topic is i WVC stands for Blank Wildlife Violator Compact. IWVC stands for Blank Wildlife Violator Compact, and the topic is conservation. It's his question seven. Randall has now separated himself from Randall and Steve three questions to go.
Speaker 8: You made it sound like I dissociated there.
Speaker 2: Four questions ago trying to figure out what the I stands for in IWVC. Nate, do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 6: Sixty?
Speaker 2: Okay, you got a word that starts with an eye?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 2: All right, got a chance. IWVC stands for blank. Wildlife Violator Compact. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your.
Speaker 4: What's the C stand for? Because what's the I stand for?
Speaker 2: And everything we have? Randall saying interstate?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it did go international, Canadian province.
Speaker 2: Matt says international. Logan says international. Nate says interstate. Steve says international.
Speaker 4: Because they add some provinces.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is interstate. It's that international.
Speaker 4: I thought it was because he really they added some Canadian.
Speaker 2: Provinces, but they didn't change the name of the thing.
Speaker 8: A college kid with some apartment drivewall there.
Speaker 2: Multiple states started working on the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact in the nineteen eighties, but it wasn't until nineteen ninety nine when the database was built. Its purpose is to alert all other states when someone loses hunting and fishing privileges in one state. This often means violators will be treated like violators across the country. Hawaiian Massachusetts where the final states to join the compact in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 10: I was when I hosted trivia the other day. I had a question about how many were in there? Oh, and I cut it because it was the status of those two like they'd passed the legislation empowering the Fish and Game Agency.
Speaker 2: But so I actually think there may be a correction coming on this in the future because Massachusetts it was it was clear that they did join. Why, like you said, it was pasted and then I can't find anything else further saying that it was actually put into action. So the best I can tell is that why he is part of it. But there is a chance that they're noting.
Speaker 10: And I didn't want to get correction emails from it was in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: One that they had like approved to join it.
Speaker 4: So if you tell everybody who I am beating.
Speaker 2: Question eight, we'll get a scoreboard update after this.
Speaker 6: Can we talk about me and Rayandall's friendship again?
Speaker 2: The topic is fishing. The Sea of Cortes is more commonly known by this name. This is question eight. The topic is fishing. The Sea of Cortes is more commonly known by this name. Randall and Steve are at their whiteboards. Matt is joining them as well. Randall looks unsure of himself for the first time in a little while. I'm going to scoreboard update from Phil after this. What are you so amused about over there?
Speaker 8: Logan?
Speaker 9: I just know so few sea names? Okay wrote that, I.
Speaker 8: Knew there's only seven.
Speaker 2: He's the only surfer in the room, but he doesn't know his c's.
Speaker 4: If I were have screwed up those two, dude here, if I would have screwed up you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the questions.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The Sea of Cortes is more commonly known by this name. I also like how Steve declared that last question to be dumb, because every time there's an it's international.
Speaker 5: Well not, I mean you, well it should be because if I'm not mistaken, I think there's some Canadian provinces.
Speaker 2: If that's not the case, it should be.
Speaker 8: Your reasoning made sense to me so much so that my heart rate spiked.
Speaker 2: An't okay you do that? Does everyone have an answer question? The Sea of Cortes is more commonly known by this name. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying Golf of California. It says Baja. That says Baja See. Logan says Caspian See. Nate says Gulf of Mexico. Steve says Baja California. The correct answer is the Gulf of California. The Sea of Cortes, everybody's He may have wrapped it up with two questions ago. The Sea of Cortes name comes from explorer Hernon Cortes, who helped the Spanish claim the area in the sixteenth century. It's also been called the Vermilion Seat or the World's Aquarium, a nickname given to it by oceanographer Jacques Cousteau. Pil give us a scoreboard update with two questions left.
Speaker 11: Oh well, Randall three, three and one point respectively. Logan, Nick and Matt are out of the running, but they have been defeated handily by Stephen Ronella, who has four points, and then in second place is Nate with five, and in first place with seven is Randall.
Speaker 2: Williams.
Speaker 11: They can still catch up to Yeah, technically can I?
Speaker 4: Can I? Can I team up with Nate? Just the colser out, I don't want to be on your team.
Speaker 2: Question you didn't dress well enough today? Question nine. The topic is gear and this next great question is via Caleb.
Speaker 4: Steve's coming down here and Playing No More.
Speaker 2: These YouTubers set eight Guinness World records for archery in twenty twenty two, including the record for the world's longest archery shot to hit a target. This is question nine. Topic is gear. These YouTubers sent eight Guinness World records for archery in twenty twenty two, including the record for the world's longest archery shot to hit a target. If Randal gets this one right, he will wrapped up the game. Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay? Nate, do you have this one right?
Speaker 8: I think okay?
Speaker 4: No, I knew if you remember, I knew I wouldn't win. Remember that, because I was saying, if it was the morning's.
Speaker 2: Right here he is now only three answers of our leader.
Speaker 4: That's your count is getting one right?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 8: No thyself?
Speaker 2: Does everyone have an answer? These YouTubers set eight Guinness World records for archery in twenty twenty two, including the record for the world's longest archery shot to hit a target. Logan, you ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randal saying dude perfect, Nick says Robin Hood, and Little John Matt says dude perfect. Logan says extreme archery, Nate due perfect, Steve dude perfect. The correct answer is dude perfect. That archery shot was three hundred and sixty one yards good. The other archery records dude perfect set include most balloons burst simultaneously by arrows.
Speaker 4: But these are things that they beat or that they just made up.
Speaker 2: Well, Guinness was there to recognize them, and so I think they were already records that existed that they beat. Here are the other ones they beat. Farthest distance to hit a target while looking in a mirror, fastest moving target hit with an arrow, farthest target hit by bouncing an arrow off water, and greatest height to shoot and catch an arrow. They said, all those world records. We have one question left, and Randall has got himself the victory already finished the game anyway. Question ten. The topic is hunting. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by David Appleton for sending this great question. David is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the listener Question of the Week and send your question to Trivia at the meat eater dot com. The topic is hunting. Name two of the five states with the most acres enrolled in the USDA's CRP program. Name two of the five states with the most acres enrolled in the USDA's CRP program. For the dude perfect World record of greatest height to shoot and catch an arrow, I had to go watch that. The era was not a traditional arrow. It had a blunt end on it that had just like a giant piece of rubber, So no one was going to lose any eyes or fingers that day. Again. Question ten, Name two of the five states with the most acres enrolled in the USDA s r P program. Nate, are you ready go ahead and reveal your answers? We have Randalls saying Minnesota, Kansas. Nick says Wyoming, Nebraska. Matt says Montana, Wyoming, Logan, Montana, Wyoming, Nate California, South Dakota, Steve, North Dakota, South Dakota.
Speaker 4: A lot of disagreements in this room. No one's got the same answer.
Speaker 2: The five states. I think Matt and logan, dude, the five states are Colorado, South Dakota, Nebraska, Texas, and Kansas. Did anybody get that? Nobody? Wow?
Speaker 4: Random correct.
Speaker 8: I would have traded my board for years once I saw yours there.
Speaker 2: As of November twenty twenty four, Colorado leads the country in acres of enrolled CRP with just shy of three million. That's followed by South Dakota at two point six million acres, Nebraska two point four, Texas at two point two, and Kansas at two Those five states have forty seven percent of the nation's twenty six million acres that are enrolled in CRP.
Speaker 5: If I was a sports writer who covered this trivia game, yep, I'd have a headline like, seemingly you know, seemingly unbeatable Randall shows cracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're setting the stage on the zero.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're setting the stage for him to uh really a bad spring.
Speaker 5: He'd be like, I don't want to read about Randall winning again. But I'd write that headline and it get like he would be.
Speaker 4: Like, Oh, Randall strong, what happens in the next game? Randalls crack.
Speaker 2: Phil gives one last scoreboard update before Randall makes his donation.
Speaker 11: Got Nick with three points, Logan with three as well, Matt had two, Nate had six, Steve had five, Randall was in first place with eight.
Speaker 2: And in the in the world of sports, uh, Phil has himself what's that called? Tell straighter over there? I've never year before the first.
Speaker 10: And as in most illustrations, it vaguely resembles an anatomy.
Speaker 2: That's right, not on purpose. As the winner with eight correct answers, Randall gets to make the five hundred dollars donation for me.
Speaker 8: Rand This one comes to us from Brandon Lure or Lou Ray. Okay, he would like me to donate to the Back River Restoration Committee where it works on Chesapeake Bay watershed quality issues. Doesn't do fantastic work, and he's got a video here that shows some of the work they do. So he noted that I don't give the East Coast enough money, Okay, and I took that to heart.
Speaker 2: And so there you go, Brandon, five hundred dollars going, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Give so much money?
Speaker 8: Way?
Speaker 4: Like people are like Randall.
Speaker 2: Randall, he's a real robbin.
Speaker 4: He's knowing you're coming on suggestions about what to do with your winnings.
Speaker 8: It's not a single one. It's the Back River Restoration Committee.
Speaker 2: Back River Restoration Committee, five hundred dollars going their way via meat Eater.
Speaker 4: And old old faucets over there. Hey, who knows.
Speaker 8: Someday maybe if with Taylor in Korea.
Speaker 2: Join us next week for more meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 1: He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It's an avid amateur
Speaker 8: Lock