Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at some stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepga alongside Tom McKenzie, and we're joined bout Bloomberg reporter Chloe Malay. Good morning, Chloe. Let's look at shares that are not doing particularly well across Europe. BBVA shares though an exception, Chairman Colins Torres's announcement that he'll stay on despite the failed bid for another bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so investors are happy that he's staying on, but also happy that that bid has failed. So the takeover bid for Sabadel officially failed yet today it's marking the end of asaga that dragged on for seventeen months. So this is actually quite a big setback for Colors Torres. He'd already tried and then failed to buy Sabadel in twenty twenty. It seems that he kind of once again missed calculated the attractiveness of the offer. But even though this is actually a failure for Taurus BBVA, investors are quite happy that the dil is not going ahead. Some analysts said that this is actually quite the relief that this removes this m and a uncertainty that was hanging over both banks and it really allows them to move on and focus on their standalone of prospects. And then of course BBVA also announced a brand new buyback, so there was certainly an additional boost, but BBVA is definitely the standout whilst the rest of those European banks are falling quite quite a lot. This morning.
Speaker 4: On a very different sector, Eslo Lasotagas are the maker of eyewear, really benefiting from its partnership with.
Speaker 1: Meta, Yeah, very much, so the shares reached an all time high this morning. It reported really strong sales in the third quarter and that is, as you said, thanks to really strong demand for AI glasses, so the smart glasses that it makes in partnership with Meta, so it essentially allows users to view messages and photos and also directions through the lens of their glasses. So the expectations around this partnerships are really really high though, so Eslo will have to continue to deliver. To put some numbers on it, the collaboration generated about three hundred and sixty five million euros in revenue in twenty twenty four. That could reach eight hundred this year, and then we could reach six billion by twenty thirty. So those are quite optimistic projections and that will that will force look eslor to kind of deliver on that. I personally don't know anyone yet who has bought any AI glasses, but it might be the next big thing, so let's watch.
Speaker 3: Out for them. You've read my mind. I was going to say to our man all Things Tech, Tom McKenzie, have you tried the specs out of your mates by.
Speaker 4: I've tried them out. They're getting much much better, are they? There is a question, I mean, did you see a light go on when they're recording you? I really, because obviously there's a the rest that there are risks and there's a there's a privacy question here, but they do have a like so you know you can tell when they're recording you. But now, yeah, usually have that augmented reality plugged in in some some AI functions as well. But it's obviously proving. It's obviously working for sorting and as Coloe's mentioned, Meta has a not insignificant stake in that company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, let's see whether it actually hits the kind of mainstream market that's the anticipation. Anyway, very briefly, Swedish Auta make Evolvo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it said today that it expects to slow down in the North American truck market to continue into next year because of continued tariff uncertainty. So it's bracing for the twenty five percent tariffs that we will see on trucks that will take effect on November the first, in just a couple of weeks, and Volvo is quite exposed to that because it builds quite a lot of these trucks in Canada and Mexico, so will be affected by those tariffs. There's definitely a sector wide story. We Als already heard Michelin earlier this week cut its guidance because of that weakness in that North American truck market.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto. With the Bloomberg Business app