Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Good morning everyone, Thanks for joining us for today's Morning Ron.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, June fourth. I'm Amy Robot and I'm TJ.
Speaker 3: Holmes. Detained and soon deported. The family of the Boulder terroriff suspect could be out of the country, that is, if they aren't charged with a crime first. Also on the Run this morning is the Billionaire romance breaking down after Elon Musk called Trump's Big Beautiful Bill a disgusting abomination.
Speaker 1: Plus, as of midnight today, Trump's tariffs on steel imports have doubled, from cars to canned goods. We're gonna tell you what could soon cost you more. Plus Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth removes the name of a gay rights activist from a naval ship as Gay Pride Month gets underway.
Speaker 3: Also this morning, a massive dust cloud is headed for the US by the weekend courtesy of the Sahara Desert. Also, one hundred thousand dollars in a brown paper bag that was the focus of another full day of testimony in the dinit trial, and.
Speaker 1: New Orleans police raid the home used in a social media video by one of the escaped inmates still at large, and they just had their best season in twenty five years, so it seems like the perfect time for the Knicks to fire their head coach.
Speaker 3: Also this morning, a new member to an elite music group. Another song has crossed the one billion streams mark, and You're never gonna guess who it is. You're never gonna guess at all. Will explain that story coming up?
Speaker 2: Well done. I feel like, yeah, you could be the new Rick Astley.
Speaker 3: If you gave it away, nobody was gonna be able to guess. Why did you do that? I'd set up the hall.
Speaker 2: Every one was gonna be able to guess.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't. Black Focus did not know who I was talking about with that song.
Speaker 2: They probably still don't.
Speaker 1: Still it was Rick Astley, one of my favorites in the eighties.
Speaker 2: But I digress.
Speaker 1: We shall begin this morning run In Colorado, the Department of Homeland Security has detained the family members of the Bolder terror attack. Suspect Mohammed Solomon's wife and his five children are now in federal custody. They will be questioned and ultimately deported.
Speaker 3: DHS has revoked their visas and will process them for expedited removal that allows the government to deport people who are in the US illegally without a court Hearing. Secretary at Christino made the announcement on X, writing we are investigating to what extent his family knew about this heinous attack, if they had knowledge of it, or if they provided support to it.
Speaker 1: Gnome went on to call Solomon an illegal alien and a terrorist. Solomon is from Egypt, and he overstated his visa and has been in this country illegally since March. He's facing federal hate crime charges and sixteen counts of attempted murder after police say he threw molotov cocktails at peaceful protesters walking down a popular pedestrian mall in Boulder, Colorado.
Speaker 3: Twelve people were injured and burned in that attack. He's due back in court on Thursday, being held on ten million dollars bond and robes. I mean by things he has said already allegedly, this should be a quick legal process. He said he has no remorse, wanted to kill everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he said he'd do it again. So yes, we will see what happens with his family, but certainly his fate seems fairly sealed.
Speaker 2: Next up on our Run. Billionaire bros.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump and Elon Musk seemed to wildly differ on what to call Trump's massive legislative package currently making its way through Congress. Trump has taken to calling it the Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 3: Musk has now taken to calling it a disgusting abomination. Doesn't really have the same ring to it, but in language. They caught a few folks, including some at the White House, off guard. The world's richest man who doubled as Trump's best friend during the campaign and for several months of his term in office. This year, well, he came out swinging against the legislation, writing on X I'm sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore. As if outrageous pork filled congressional spending bill is a disgusting abomination, Shame on those who voted for it. You know you did wrong. You know it whoo wow.
Speaker 1: He does not mince words. Musk, who in his role at DOGE was tasked with cutting government waste, had previously expressed some reservations about the spending and the Big Beautiful Abomination, but his latest statements went way further. He went on to say that the bill will massively increase the already gigantic budget deficit and burden American citizens with crushingly unsustainable debt. And he warned that we will fire all politicians who betrayed the American people.
Speaker 3: So what does Trump think about this? Well, the White House did give some reaction. They said the President they were already aware of how Musk felt about the bill, and his words change nothing. They are full steam ahead. The bill has passed the House and it's under consideration in the Senate as we speak. Do you think that's going to catch on the big beautiful abomination. I'm putting that out there.
Speaker 1: Well, y imash up there. I think the Democrats might lean into that. And you know, of note, you know that perhaps you've done something to upset Trump. When Chuck Schumer agrees with what was once your best friend.
Speaker 3: He probably can't even believe what came out of his mouth. Chuck Schumer said, I agree with Elon Musk. I had to find like ten sources. Did he really say that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes, in fact he did. All right.
Speaker 1: Next up on our run, we're talking tariffs, and at this point we just want to tell you the listener, we get it. We understand when you hear the word tariffs, if your eyes glaze over and.
Speaker 2: You kind of tune out, we kind of do the same thing.
Speaker 1: But we had to actually focus on this one because there has been so much back and forth in the trade war. Tariffs imposed, then they're paused, then they're blocked by a court, then they're unblocked by another court, and then there's more lawsuits, and it goes on and on and.
Speaker 2: On and on.
Speaker 1: So thus, yes, we glaze over, but there is a quick, important and potentially impactful tariff update.
Speaker 2: We have to have you here.
Speaker 3: Promise this will be quick. The intro is that actually longer than the actual information. The President will let you know. Has doubled the tariffs on steel and aluminum products to fifty percent. Yes, they have been doubled. That's a big deal. It went into effect, Adams as of midnight last night. Now, this is a move that's meant to bolster American industry, protect American jobs. The fear, of course, is that companies that depend on foreign steal and aluminum to make products will eventually pass the higher cost on to you. We don't know how soon. It won't be immediate, but the experts will tell you in the coming weeks and coming months, things like appliances, cars, anything that has steel aluminum in it. Now, a lot of folks here that I say, I'm not in the market for a major appliance. I'm not in the market for a car, big deal. I should be okay, the ropes, I didn't think about it either. The grocery aisles. Yes, there's are nothing but containers made of steel and aluminum that you buy your food in. So grocery prices could be impacted by it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, soup, canned goods, beer, anything that has say it one more time, beer that got your attention right Next up on the run. Just in time for Pride Month, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseeth is removing the name of a gay rights activist from one of its ships. There will no longer be a ship named the USNS Harvey Milk, and according to a Defense official, the timing was intentional.
Speaker 3: Pride Month and they are taking a gay rights icon. They are removing his name. It's one thing to be a decision to not use his name for something, but it's already there and you're taking it all. This feels so mean.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's this fee deliberate, it's intentional. They have made comments about Pride Month before, so or you know, at least not even veiled comments about Pride Month. So yes, this this stinks.
Speaker 3: This one's a tough one. Milk. Of course, as many as you know, one of the first openly gay men elected to office in this country served on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. This was nineteen seventy seven. He was assassinated a year later. Became or it really began his career by enlisting in the Navy, where he served four years, attended officer candidate school, was discharged from the Navy after being threatened with a court martial because he was gay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, by the way, I also did a deeper dive. Both of his parents served as in the Navy, So this is a family of service, a family who has a long history with the Navy. So a new name has not been announced for this ship, but the USNS Harvey Milk was just one of several ships named after activists and civil rights leaders, and officials say those ship names are also under review. Names like Thurgood Marshall, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Harriet Tubman, just to name a few these are all up for consideration of being removed and renamed.
Speaker 3: It feels so mean, is I know the DEI and they defended this. The Pentagon say we're doing this, We're going to get in line with the President's priorities and our military priorities. All of that is fine. Does that mean we cannot honor anyone who wasn't a straight white man in history?
Speaker 1: It actually makes me feel physically ill, Like to see there's this move is, yes, it is. It has an impact. It's not just what's in a name. Everything Sometimes and remembering and honoring to seemingly erase what these men and women have done and contributed to make our country.
Speaker 2: What it is today. It feels really sick and sad the.
Speaker 3: Idea that no one can contribute to this country unless you are a straight white man. There are so many other contributions that people made for different communities, whether it's women, minorities, gay, whatever, And to think we can't honor.
Speaker 2: And yeah, to honor people who were the first.
Speaker 3: And this one's on Pride month that even.
Speaker 2: That just it's a gut punch.
Speaker 3: It seems so hot. That's a tough one. They will continue Wednesday, right on this Wednesday morning run. Well from this one's ominous, I swear we've seen this horror movie yet. Next up on the run, here we have a massive cloud that has blanketed the Caribbean and it's headed to the US later this week. This is a massive cloud of dust from the Sahara Desert. It's causing hazy skies and folks, yes having some issues. If you got asthma, you got allergies out there, a lot of sneezing and watery eyes for the people in its path.
Speaker 2: And you know it's a big deal.
Speaker 1: When a hurricane expert says this, it's very impressive. That was the reaction. But if you go and take a look, if you go online and look at the map and see where this cloud of dust is over basically all the beautiful Caribbean islands that those four folks are either visiting or live in and are having to deal with the dust clouds. Coverage extends for more than two thousand miles. That's how big it is. And it's coming for the US next. Florida, Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi are all in its path.
Speaker 3: Great, don't we have enough problems during hurricane season down there. Now we got dust. Experts say the dust concentration in this cloud is especially high, so folks with allergies, asthma breathing conditions need to actually remain in store indoors or wear a face mask when outside.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, have you ever heard of this phenomenon, the cloud dust dust cloud. We've been in news and this would be a classic local news story. People, you know, we would love to report on this. I don't remember this, but apparently these types of dust clouds periodically occur. In June of twenty twenty, there was actually a record breaking dust cloud over the Caribbean. It was so big and the dust was so concentrated. Whether experts said it was called the Godzilla dust cloud. Let's hope this one doesn't get a moniker as well.
Speaker 3: June of twenty twenty. We were all busy at the time.
Speaker 1: We were all indoors, actually wearing masks, so we were prepared for the dust cloud because we were all trying to stay away from COVID dead.
Speaker 3: Timing really is amazing.
Speaker 2: That's why we don't remember that. There were a few other priorities at that point.
Speaker 3: All right, next up on the run. Here are well our daily leg of the run that we run through downtown Manhattan, yes where the Diddy trial and what a day it was yesterday. Much of the test money focused on one hundred thousand dollars in a brown paper bag. That is what Sean Combs allegedly paid to make sure the public never saw that hotel surveillance video of him assaulting his ex Cassie been tour refined.
Speaker 1: Eddie Garcia, a hotel security guard, testified that did he reached out immediately after the incident and offered to pay one hundred thousand dollars for what he thought was the only copy of that surveillance video. He said he personally met with Diddy gave him the USB drive with what was believed to be the only copy of the video. Did he, he said, pulled out one hundred thousand dollars in cash out of a paper bag as well as a money counting machine, and he distributed it. I think his boss got fifty thousand. Eddie himself took thirty thousand. He gave a coworker twenty thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they spread the love around. Garcia said that Diddy later called him and put Cassie on the phone, and she explained she also didn't want that video to come out because she had a movie coming out and it was going to be bad for her if that video ever became public. Also in the stand yesterday, Derek Ferguson, he was with Ditty for some twenty years, worked for him as his chief financial officer. He was there to walk the jury through financial structure of some of Ditty's businesses, but said he never rose. He walked on for twenty years. He never saw Diddy or anybody else do anything illegal, anything violent. He said he didn't see a thing. So testimony continues this morning, expecting a forensic video expert to be up first, and then Brianna Bongolan, who says Diddy actually dangled her off of a balcony. She's supposed to be up next, and then robes everybody waiting for Jane, another woman who will be testifying under a pseudonym to protect her identity in court. But she was in a relationship of some kind of romantic relationship with Ditty at some point, but her testimony expected today.
Speaker 1: All right, next up on the run, We're going to head to New Orleans where police raided the home that was apparently used by one of those two remaining escaped inmates for a now deleted social media post.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about this on yesterday's Morning Ron about Antoine Massey in his Instagram video where he said he didn't escape from jail, he was let out. He also bizarrely asked for help from Lol Wayne and President Trump. Authority say they found clothing belonging to Massi at that home, but he was long gone by the time they got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Relatives of Massey recognized the residents from the video and alerted authorities. The owner of the home told reporters it was being rented, but then he refused to name his tenant. I'm sure police probably got that out of him, but he wouldn't give it to reporters who were asking. Massey, along with convicted murderer Derrick Groves, are still on the run after a total of ten inmates escaped from that New Orleans jail all the way back.
Speaker 2: On May sixteenth. And by the way, this home that they.
Speaker 1: Raided where he did the social media video, just like a few days ago, was just.
Speaker 2: Two miles from the jail where he escaped.
Speaker 1: Wow, So they at least know he didn't or he hasn't gone far as off yet.
Speaker 3: Do they know when the video is recorded? Because to think he's been on the run for almost two weeks and he's only two miles from the jail remarkable.
Speaker 2: Yep, that was a big exclamation point for me.
Speaker 3: Wow, all right, And that other part the relatives they called and said, we recognized the house. You know, so many folks have been getting arrested for helping these guys. It's funny now to hear folks say, yeah, that's him and he's at this place.
Speaker 1: You want to know why because there's a fifty thousand dollars reward on his head, so that might be motivating to relatives and friends alike.
Speaker 3: He thought it was the goodness of their hearts.
Speaker 2: Nay, it was the money.
Speaker 3: We'll stay with us, folks on this Wednesday morning run when we come back. The New York Knicks had us all a buzz here in this city after the best season they've had in twenty five years, so it's the perfect time to fire the head coach. Also, no reason to tease the other story, because Roboc already gave it away already about Rick Ashley dude, we continue now on this Wednesday morning, Ron, And it was so fun here in New York, Robes in recent weeks because the Knicks were good. The Knicks had it going all and then had a great run in the playoffs and came oh so close to getting to the NBA Finals. It's the closest they come to making the finals in twenty five years. So, Robes, this is the perfect time for the team to fire the head coach. Folks, they fired the head coach yesterday, Tom Thibodeau.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sent me the link and I think I texted you back.
Speaker 2: WTF. It's a head scratcher.
Speaker 1: Not only had he just led the Knicks to their best playoff performance in yes twenty five years, the team's also won fifty games in back to back seasons, something the team has not done in twenty years.
Speaker 2: So why do it now? This is how the team explained it.
Speaker 1: Our organization is singularly focused on winning a championship. This pursuit led us to the decision to inform Tom Thibodeaux that we've decided to move in another direction.
Speaker 2: You didn't win, you get fired.
Speaker 3: But they exceeded expectations they were supposed to lose to Boston actually the playoffs and they beat Boston and they only came two games. They lost in six games to the Pacers. For God's sake, they look they out, they outdid the expectations. Why fire him? Now? There's something we don't know, I'm sure. But there's one knock against Thibideau is that there's only so far you can go with him. He is a good, respected coach, but he has the highest robes winning percentage among all coaches all time who never made it to the finals. Okay, so he's really really good, one of the best coaches. But he will only get you so far, is what some are arguing. Possibly it's what they were thinking.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: It's still a head scratcher, all right. Well for the final leg of our run. A song from nineteen eighty seven is a certified Spotify hit today and has joined an exclusive club, the Spotify Billion Download Club. The latest number of the club never Gonna Give You Up?
Speaker 2: From Rick Astley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the song debut didn't nineteen eighty seven on Ashley's debut solo album. He was really young at the time, twenties. I saw his age. Now he's only fifty seven or something. He's Oh wow, I thought he'd be. No, he was a very young guy, a heart throb.
Speaker 1: Don't have it right? Oh yeah, I mean I don't know that I was, but I love that song. I danced around to it non stop in my bedroom.
Speaker 3: That song reached number one on the charts all over the world. Again, that was nineteen eighty seven, but it found new popularity in the two thousands with Rickrolling. Did you know about this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, it became a thing online. Well I didn't know what it was, but it was online. It was a meme situation type thing where people were being tricked into going to a website only to discover that Ashley's video and song we're playing. So it became kind of just a funny joke people were doing to each other online and his song got popular.
Speaker 1: That's funny and it's a catchy song. It really it holds like I love that song.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know about this name. Neither did you?
Speaker 1: Because we're probably too old. Isn't this something the young folks do?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm we look online. We're just not as interesting. And some things that other folks are.
Speaker 1: Online, well, TikTok and memes and all that stuff. I think we larger, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We just were. Yeah we're too old anyway.
Speaker 1: Because of that, his song found a new audience, yes, a younger audience, I would argue, and has been racking up the downloads, finally crossing that billion download mark this week. So never gonna give you up. It's just the latest song to reach that milestone. But it's a rarity that a song this old passes the one billion stream That makes sense. So we bet you're wondering we were too. What are the most stream songs on Spotify, TJ.
Speaker 3: I should mention there's about a thousand songs who have crossed the billion mark. Wow online, I would have thought, But the ones who are at the top, it's not just a billion, it's like four billion. And the number one song it makes sense, Blinding Lights by the Weekend, Oh yeah, that song was everything everywhere for a little while. It certainly was, but four point eight billion streams after that you got Ed Sheeran, That makes sense, the shape of you as someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi, then Weekend again with Starboy and then Harry Styles as it was, all of those got about four billion and upwards. I was surprised looking at the list. Once you start looking at it, you'll just do a complete deep dive on these songs. Taylor Swift, she didn't show up until number thirty.
Speaker 2: That's you know what it is though.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about these songs and what you just mentioned about tiktoks and streaming and all of that.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: These are songs that people use on their tiktoks that they're dancing to blinding lights. Remember every single kid had a TikTok video to that, so that makes sense if you're downloading them to share on social media, then they get replayed. That makes a lot of only two women in the top twenty.
Speaker 3: I was surprised to see that Tones and I Dance Monkey, Okay.
Speaker 1: There you go, another TikTok dance Sale. Yes, that's the song that kids use on TikTok.
Speaker 3: And then Billie Eilish but it was a once she had with coll It for the song Lovely. But I was very surprised as much as women dominate from Lady Ga Ga, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift, to only see two women in the top twenty and Taylor Swift Cruel Summer is the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you've got to go viral. I mean, there's just and that's a whole other layer to making music right. Wow.
Speaker 3: I was very happy to include that story because I know Rick Ashley is your boy.
Speaker 2: I do like that song.
Speaker 3: There you go, folks, before we let you go here, we do have something we like for you to consider. It is our Gabby Bernstein quote of the day. Again, we have been keeping a theme this week doing all Gabby Bernstein. It quotes from our interview with her that you're going to be able to see or hear rather very soon. But here is our Gabby Bernstein quote.
Speaker 1: Of the day. The very second we choose a loving thought, our emotions shift and our energy changes. This is realignment with the universe. I love this because we can all get into a negative thought pattern or just start complaining, either out loud or in our heads. And if you just recognize it and say I'm going to think of something loving, either towards myself, towards someone else, towards the world, your whole energy changes. That is so powerful and I just love feeling she is. I've said this plenty of times, but she is all about self empowerment, self improvement and it just it's awesome to know you have those tools right at the ready.
Speaker 3: It's hard to do man to do it in practice, but once you see it works one or two times for you, you start going, oh, I know I have this tool in my toolbox now, but I have been doing this more since she since we talked to her just having a negative thought just stop for a moment, and she said, come up with the next most positive emotion you can come up with. It might not be joy, happ just what's the next most positive thing you can come up with.
Speaker 2: It works, It totally does.
Speaker 1: So we'll give you the quote of the day one more time that you can take with you and maybe try to put this into practice. The second we choose a loving thought, our emotions shift and our energy changes. This is realignment with the universe. Thank you, Gabby, and thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Everyone. That is our Wednesday morning run. I'm aye Robots and I'm t. J.
Speaker 3: Holmes will be running with you again.
Speaker 1: So m