Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome in episode one oh four What's Right with Nick Wright. We are live right now on YouTube again. If you're watching us on YouTube right now, we greatly appreciate it. Click the bell so you get an update whenever we go live. Subscribe if you're not already subscribing, and tell your friends about it. We're still efforting to get to the one hundred thousand subscribers. We're just shy of ninety thousand. It's gonna be hard to get to the one hundred thousand by the end of football season, but that is our stated goal. Also, you can listen to us via any podcasting app that you have.
Speaker 3: If you can't catch.
Speaker 2: Us live on YouTube, subscribe to us there as well, And if you are watching live, you can ask those questions in the chat.
Speaker 3: We have a ton to do today.
Speaker 2: Start of the second segment, we will discuss what I assumed, because I'm a naive moron, would be universally praised happy news that Britney Griner has finally been released from a ridiculous and unjust attention in Russia. But because we are so broken and wrecked as a people, nothing can be happy news. Everything must be polarizing, controversial, and somebody's fault.
Speaker 3: So we'll discuss that at the top of the B block.
Speaker 2: We will do our book club at the top of the C block, as we have finished The Little History of the World by Eh Gombrech.
Speaker 3: We'll do that. We will answer your questions.
Speaker 2: All of those things to come, plus some breaking news this morning.
Speaker 3: That we will start the show with.
Speaker 2: But as we always do, let us discuss what is not making today's show not on today's show. To a tongue of Ailoa leading all Pro Bowl voting, good for him a few ten thousand more votes more than my guy Patrick Mahomes Aaron Judge signing a nine year, three hundred and sixty.
Speaker 3: Million dollars deal. We're not getting into that on the show, because we got into that.
Speaker 2: We'd also have to get into that very odd investigation by Insider that explained that there were these Goldilocks balls that were oddly used allegedly during MLB playoff games and then.
Speaker 3: During Yankee home games.
Speaker 2: Why would baseball want Yankee home games or Yankee games, I should say, to have these perfect baseball stat home runs.
Speaker 3: Oh, we won't get into that.
Speaker 2: And then also the Warriors last night collapsing to the Utah Jazz. Now they didn't have Steph or Wiggins or Draymond, but they did have a four point lead with thirteen seconds left. They did have a one point lead with the ball with six seconds left, and they found a way to lose to the Jazz. They are now thirteen and thirteen on the season. That's not on the show, Demons. Here's what is on the show. With some breaking news go ahead.
Speaker 4: On Monday show, we got some breaking news that Baker had been cut from the Panthers, and everybody in the whole world thought that Baker was going to San Francisco, except except for your exceptional producer, Our exceptional producer, Matt, who was definitely not a charlatan. He predicted Baker to LA he did, Baker now is a shot?
Speaker 3: Can I say something real quick?
Speaker 2: Matt is very proud of this prediction, which, by the way, yes, everyone did.
Speaker 3: Assume instantly he was going to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: But Matt was not exactly the only person to throw out there. Oh, I do want wonder if the Rams to kind of stick it to the Niners, and because they have their own quarterbacks and because they have the higher waiver priority, might grab him. This wasn't exactly Matt predicting the powerball numbers, And yet if you're on our group chat or reading our rundown, you would think that it was. But I will give the man his credit. He deserves it. Good job, Matt Ford, go ahead, demandsay.
Speaker 4: Baker now has a shot to revive his career for the third time.
Speaker 5: I believe. Schefter reported that there's.
Speaker 4: A chance the Baker could start tonight if John Wolford Wolford is hurt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are you ready to reinvest in your Baker's stock?
Speaker 2: All right, we can start the clock and I'll answer the Baker the exact question in a moment, but first I have to say this part of it about Baker maybe starting tonight.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I want to say something oddly enough about Colin Kaepernick, and it.
Speaker 3: Is not all white in the Rams or the Niners call CA.
Speaker 2: The CAP was blackballed, and was black balled successfully enough to where even now, if you weren't blackballed anymore, he's been out of the league far too long for any NFL team to want to sign it.
Speaker 3: I understand that part of it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: The reason I'm bringing up CAP is this.
Speaker 2: Baker Mayfield might start tonight. I can't believe it, but he might start tonight. He met Sean McVeigh a day and a half ago, and he might start a football game tonight.
Speaker 3: During the early part.
Speaker 2: Of CAPS blackballing, some of the loudest media voices that were promoting themselves as unbiased, no agenda observers folks, sometimes I had to argue with on television. One of the arguments they would give as to why a team wouldn't sign Colin Kaepernick was, well, it'll take for anybody two maybe three weeks before you can put them on the Field, gotta learn the offense, gotta learn the playbook. So, yeah, the quarterback's out for a few weeks, but you can't sign cap because by the time he's up to speed, quarterback will be back. And that was taken as gospel, and it just became accepted. Anyone that knows how the NFL works knows you could never sign that position a quarterback off the street and have them play immediately.
Speaker 3: It's impossible. There's a different language. You gotta know the offense. You gotta know the language, you gotta know the terminology. So it's not that.
Speaker 2: He's being blackballed, it's just that that specific position you can't do it. And now, Baker Mayfield was a panther on Sunday.
Speaker 3: He might start for the Rams on Thursday. He didn't officially become a member of the Rams until four pm Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We're talking fifty two hours after becoming a member of the team, might be their starting quarterback, and nobody is seems to remember.
Speaker 3: Everyone is memory hold the nonsense.
Speaker 2: That folks were spouting for a year straight about no, no, no, yes, obviously, like once people came to like, yeah, obviously, he's good enough to at least be a backup, and obviously, you know, it wouldn't be that much of a you know, the controversial within the locker room. The players seemed to like him, and his former coaches said he was a leader, and all these things everyone's settled on the excuse of But the playbook is the offense. It's just, you know, it's unfortunate. If he were a tight end, it'd be different. But that position, you can't do. It just impossible. And yet we sit here today and Baker Mayfield might start. Okay, let me hop off my soapbox for a moment and now talk about if I think Baker is gonna if I'm gonna reinvest my Bakers stock. I'm not going to reinvest my Baker's stock. But what I will say is this, this is a great opportunity for Baker, not tonight so much as the next month. Tonight is a really rough spot because he did just get there and that team's not that good, all of it. But I don't think there's gonna be some big bidding war for Baker Mayfield. And if he can conduct himself well, either on the field or simply in the locker room at practice, in the meetings, with the Rams. I think he could go into next year as the backup quarterback for Matt Stafford, and because of the weird uncertainty surrounding Stafford's injury future, I would say backup quarterback for the Rams is one of the backup quarterbacks that next year is most likely to get on the field somewhat. And we have seen what Sean McVay was able to do with a physically limited number one pick Jared Goff, who didn't go well for golf before McVay, and I would say this is.
Speaker 3: Even.
Speaker 2: This is about as good of a spot as Baker could be in if he's going to be able to re take control of his football career.
Speaker 3: So in that regard, I'm happy for Baker. I would not if I.
Speaker 2: Were Baker want to be thrown out on the field tonight like an impossible spot two days after being claimed. But could he be the backup for the Rams next season on a low salary, try to reinvent himself, maybe get in a few games, play well well enough to where someone gives him the Marcus Mariota's shot of Okay, you can be our Bridge quarterback start for a year.
Speaker 3: See what's what? Yeah? I could see that happening.
Speaker 2: So I think that this is far better for Baker than if he stayed in Carolina and was just the backup there. When they're about to have a total regime change, they're going to draft a quarterback.
Speaker 3: All of that, I think there's a good spot for him.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh, seventy percent of the audience says Baker cannot resurrect his career in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Next, By the way, Mariota just got binched.
Speaker 3: Right, I understan the that just happened this morning.
Speaker 2: I guess just broke so Desne ritters in but so, but Mariota got more than a fair chance. He got, you know, three quarters of the year as the starter. And now the only doesn't matter who they drafted. What Baker's best hope would be that he gets to start somewhere again eventually, even though he would not be their long term starter, and then play well enough that that team or another team either decides to invest in him as the long term starter.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, the greatest quarterback of all time is facing Brock Party this Sunday, yep, and Brock Party is favored Monday Night Football. Tom Brady needed a last minute miracle.
Speaker 5: To beat the Saints.
Speaker 4: Now in a short week, he's fine across the country to face the best defense in football in the forty nine Ers. Everyone has been waiting on the Bucks to turn it around. Is this finally the game that they turn it around?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. I mean no.
Speaker 2: I think that they're going to struggle to score thirteen points in this game. I understand why the Niners are favored. The Niners have the best defense in football. The Niners have some of the best skill position guys in football. The Niners are an excellent, excellent team, excellent enough that you can have a guy making a seventh round pick making his first career start and he is a favorite against the greatest quarterback.
Speaker 3: Of all time.
Speaker 2: I both of these things can be true. The Bucks are never really going to turn it on this regular season, and the Bucks are a scary team come post come to the postseason. And that is true because when the postseason gets here, But what the Bucks will have is the most experienced quarterback ever who still has an uncannyability, even if he has been terrible for three and a half quarters, to be great down the stretch in a close spot and a very, very good defense. Those are some Now I don't think they have a great coach. They obviously don't have a running game, They have a lot of limitations, but those are two amazing cogs to have if you're trying to be a scary playoff team. Does that mean that I think they have a real shot of going to San Francisco and winning this game. Absolutely not. And so I like San Francisco in this spot a lot. I like San Francisco laying the points just because I don't think Tampa's gonna be able to break fourteen.
Speaker 3: So if the if if, yeah, if Tampa.
Speaker 2: Can't break fourteen and you're laying three and a half of San Francisco, can you get to seventeen? Can you get to twenty? That's enough to cover. But I still think Tampa is a team that is let me put it like this, Minnesota's gonna win their division, Tampa's gonna win theirs. I believe if you are a wild card team in the NFC, you would rather be going to Minnesota than going to Tampa because of the difference between the fear the Bucks can instill in you versus what the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Even at ten and two they can instill in you. All right, next enough?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: In the final five minutes of Tuesdays and Nuggets MAVs, Luca missed three shots, had two turnovers and one assist down this stretch. I hate to say it, but I promises, brother, they love. The MAVs were lucky to sneak away that one point win.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Last year, Luca dragged the MAVs to the Western Conference finals pretty much by himself.
Speaker 5: This year, the West.
Speaker 4: Seems very much so loaded and Golden State hasn't even gotten going yet. Yeah, are you worried that your son is not gonna be able to keep the pace up without some help this year?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Listen, Luca has been sensational.
Speaker 2: The Nuggets game they won and he had a triple doubble and I thought it was one of his worst games of the year.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't have any room to be anything other than sensation.
Speaker 2: Well, that's correct, and that listen. The MAVs have struggled to build the team around him. Obviously, they lost Brunton. They made the choice not to you know, overpay for Brunson, but that has cost them the fact that the team has not been the offensive Juggernaut that I thought it would have cost him and Luke, I mean Lucas averaging thirty three nine and nine. He's thirty three nine and nine. And if they had lost that Nuggets game, they would be right at five hundred. So all of that is, of course concerning to me. Where I disagree is about the West this year versus last year. The reason that I can hold out some hope for the MAVs is A. I do think they'll make a move before the deadline to supplement the roster somewhat. But b right now, the one seed in the West is the Pelicans. Pelicans love Zion. It's a good roster, really good roster, one through nine deep team.
Speaker 3: CJ Ingram, Herb Jones, Alvarado liked that team. But that team doesn't feel unbeatable.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Then there's Phoenix. Devin Booker has been awesome. Aighton got paid and played well. Just got destroyed by the boys. Right, Oh yeah, by the Celtics. Are we talking the Celtics anywhere in today's show?
Speaker 5: We should?
Speaker 3: It's not there the it's not even later in the show.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, you know what, We'll spend a moment on the Celtics here in a second, h huh.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean they've been great. Cat and Brown have been unbelievable. They've been great.
Speaker 2: I still like Milwaukee more than them in the East. And what did you think, by the way, We'll all finished the Luca thing in a second. Let's just because the Celtics played last night and they're your team, and you saw them Sunday in person, what are your thoughts on them right now? Having seen them in person on Sunday?
Speaker 5: I think that they're gonna win the finals this year?
Speaker 3: You think they're gonna win the title?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that. I just don't think that they have the same that their actual team. I just don't.
Speaker 4: And I feel like with their experience from last year making it all the way to the finals and having as good as of a performance that they had up until that point, I just think that I think.
Speaker 5: That everything's faked.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. There was a concern for some that Tatum was bad.
Speaker 4: In the front exactly, and I feel like you think he's gonna if he comes out next year.
Speaker 5: There are two possibilities.
Speaker 4: I think he could be really bad from what would happen to him in the finals, or he could capitalize on it, and he's capitalized on it.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, That is exactly right.
Speaker 2: The concern was that making the finals would actually set him back because he was bad in those finals, and that there would be real baggage from it and it would hurt him. Instead, the opposite happened, and he has been to me, he's the first or second leading MVP candidates so far this year. The you always absolutely responded him. Jannis and Booker are the top three MVP candidates because they have combined great numbers and team success. The next MVP candidates are guys who have unbelievable numbers but the teams have underachieved, Luca.
Speaker 3: Steph and KD.
Speaker 2: So to me, it would go Jannis, Tatum, and Booker at the top, then a next group Steph, Luca, KD. They are all having career seasons, but the teams are about five hundred, and then there's another drop and that next group. Would it be Jokic, would be Donovan Mitchell, would be Anthony Davis. The team has been bad, but I just want to include his name, Shay Sga and that's that next group of guys. But Tatum has been sensational. Luca, to me, has been better to get back to Luca than Tatum. But the team's five hundred and the Celtics are awesome, and so that's got to incorporate it. Where the so where the Celtics should be excited is they're doing all this with the defense kind of being about average. The defense should probably get better. Now the offense will regress a bit. Right now, they have the best offins in NBA history. That's not going to maintain. I predicted going into the year Dallas would finish the year with the best offense in NBA history.
Speaker 3: That has not happened.
Speaker 2: And so, but to get back to what I was saying about the West, you mentioned because we got all on tangent because I mentioned the Suns lost to the Celtics. Chris Paul is not the same guy anymore. So that's concerning. If you're Phoenix, then there's Memphis, which is dealing with a lot of injuries winning despite that, and then there's Denver, and then after that's Sacramento.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna I think take you know, regress. I'm just going through the standings. We're not there yet.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm literally just going through the standings Utah, which beat Golden State last night and it's fifteen and twelve. In credit to them, I think they'll fall off. Then there's Dallas Portland Clippers, Warriors, uh and the Timberwolves all around the same record, and then lurking as the Lakers. But you know, Ad is sick and Lebron's hurt, so they've now lost back to back. Here's why I remain somewhat optimistic about Dallas.
Speaker 5: Likes the team to be in.
Speaker 4: That whole thing is still the Warriors, and I feel like you don't even know if they're ever coined to turn it on.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, that's the thing. There is no juggernaut right the Clippers. Kawhy is a shell of himself when he plays. The Lakers are gonna have to scratch and claw just to get in the postseason, right, and they're gonna need Anthony Davis to stay at this level. If he stays at this level, if they make the trade I've been proposing, which is not a Russ trade anymore. It's Patrick Beverley and Kendrick Nunn for a shooter with a draft pick attached.
Speaker 3: Boy On Bogdanovitch is the one I've sat on TV for the last week. He's on Detroit. Detroit's not going anywhere. That's an interesting one.
Speaker 2: But if you're Dallas, the one thing you feel like is man, if we're in a playoff series against New Orleans, yeah, New Orleans is the better team. But it's not just that we have the best player in the series. We have the best player in the series by a wide rag. Like you play the Warriors, I think you have the best player in the series, but it's very close. Luken steps very close, right, But you play Memphis, John's awesome. I think Luke is a lot better than there's just and so the West to me is in a weird spot this year where it's really wide open, which brings us to the Lakers go ahead.
Speaker 4: After a horrific two in ten start, the Lakers have turned it around. Granted they lost last night, but Lebron and Davis both set out.
Speaker 5: I think somebody else set.
Speaker 3: Out, yeah, Patrick Beverly.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Okay, Now they're at ten and fourteen. They're still in the thirteen seed, but they're alive.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Anthony Davis is looking like an elite player again, and Russ has been excellent coming off the bench. But if you look at their schedule, it's been a cakewalk, including three games versus the Spurs. If the Lakers actually turned it around, or that they need to start playing some real teams.
Speaker 3: Oh no, listen that game against Milwaukee.
Speaker 6: I mean they played Milwaukee and ad went blow for blow with Giannis and they won. Yea.
Speaker 2: And yes, they were lucky with an easy early schedule. They weren't really able to take full advantage of it, by the way, but they've clearly turned a corner. For two obvious reads, well, I guess three obvious reasons, from least important and most important. Least important is Lebron stopped being the worst three point shooter in the league.
Speaker 3: That was helpful.
Speaker 2: As I told you guys, eventually he'd catch fire and settle into being a slightly above average three point shooters. He's been basically his whole career. That's where he's at now. So that's the first reason. The least the second reason, Russ has been awesome, but awesome given where he was. He's accepted the role coming off the bench. He's been really good in that role. He's not shooting an abundance of threes, he's playing Russ basketball. He's taking advantage of the fact that they're not regarding him on the three point line, which allows him to see easy passing lanes in a way.
Speaker 3: So he's been a totally different guy.
Speaker 2: And it looks like he's happy again for the first time in a year, which is fun because it was sad seeing Russ like miserable.
Speaker 3: And then, lastly, and most importantly.
Speaker 2: By him, Anthony Davis is playing his asshole.
Speaker 3: Annie Davis has stopped.
Speaker 2: He is right now averaging a career high in points, in rebounds, in field goal percentage, in three point or in two point field goal percentage, and he's shooting the fewest threes he's shot in nearly a decade, to doing everything around the rim, and he's doing it while being, I believe, with respect to Giannis, the best defensive player in the whole league so far this year. That got The thing for the Lakers is this, they still have a flawed roster, They still have enough shooting and Patrick Beverley every minute he's on the cord, he hurts you.
Speaker 3: But so let's just say.
Speaker 2: Lebron is the twelfth best player in the league. The let's drop him all the.
Speaker 3: Way down to there.
Speaker 2: If ad continues anything like this, he's firmly in the top twelve, probably in the top seven. What teams in the league have two top twelve guys. The answer is nobody else. The closest would be the Celtics and Tatum is I'm sorry. Brown is probably like fifty. Yeah, if it's somewhere right now, he's playing like around fifteenth. I think he's probably closer to probably twenty fifth, but let's call him twentieth, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Now, the Celtics have a far better overall roster.
Speaker 2: I'm not commaring the Lakers and the Celtics, but everyone who are the who are the best guys.
Speaker 3: In the league.
Speaker 2: Jannis Giannis doesn't have a teammate that's in the top fifteen. Drew Holiday's closest, Luca, Luca doesn't have a teammate that's in the top fifty.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. Flatley doesn't. Durant.
Speaker 2: Durant doesn't have a teammates there it is. Kyrie's not top twelve, guy, Give me a break, Give me a break. The Kyrie is you know Kyri. I don't want to have a Kyrie.
Speaker 3: Debate, right now it's what it was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: But it's he's not that Steph step doesn't have a teammate that's in the top twenty five anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, we agree on that.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's one more obvious top five guy deep that I'm that I hold on. I said, so there's Giannis, Luca, Steph kd Oh, Tatum, pardon me, Tatum right now is willing? The top five guy closest is Brown, So set them aside. After them, we'll call Anthony Davis there, Jokic jo Kic. Sure Jokis doesn't have a guy that's in the top twenty five, then m B Harden we'll see, you know what I mean Like, we'll see he's right around there. But that's the next duo. And now where guys like Dane and Sga. Again, I don't think Sga is actually a top ten guy.
Speaker 3: But you've got a Devin Booker. I left Booker.
Speaker 2: I forgot right, Devin Booker doesn't have a guy that's top twenty guy.
Speaker 3: So there's so that is where the what was it? Look? Okay?
Speaker 2: That is where the Lakers could have an edge is if Lebron has to be your second best guy now you're doing something because is Lebron still what he wants?
Speaker 6: Was? No?
Speaker 3: Is Lebron? How about this for you?
Speaker 2: Right now, there are three players in the league that are top twenty five points, rebounds, and assists, Luca, Jokic, Lebron. Right now, there are five guys in the league that are top fifteen points and assists.
Speaker 3: And I left out Jah when we were doing our list.
Speaker 2: But Joh again doesn't have a top twenty five teammate top twenty five or the top fifteen points in assists. Trey Okay, whatever, I'm not. Trey's having some struggles this year with his team and his coaching shocking. Once again, I sat on TV the other day. I'll say it again. There's a whole lot of Trey Young is to the NBA what Kyler Murray is to the NFL. And it's not just because they both went to Oklahoma and they're undersized.
Speaker 3: But neither here nor there.
Speaker 2: Trey, Jah, Steph Luca Lebron are the five guys their top fifteen points in assists per game. So there is an element of Lebron being a victim of his own greatness that because he is clearly no longer one of the three or four best players in the league. People I think fail to acknowledge that. Yeah, but he's still an all NBA level guy. That if that's your second best player now, you could be working with something now.
Speaker 3: And I no longer necessarily want.
Speaker 2: Him to trade Russ, Like, you've got to get something really good back for him if you're gonna attach stuff in trade Russ.
Speaker 5: But that'd be amazing to see Russ go to the finals. Man, it would be.
Speaker 3: It would be thrilled I see him in.
Speaker 5: The playoffs again with a decent team.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 6: But so, what I think they need to do is they don't have a lot of moves they can make.
Speaker 2: Lebron's literally not tradable. Then I'm gonna trade Anthony Davis, And I'm saying the rust thing. Let's say they want to keep it. The only other guys they have on the team that are making any money are None who's been useless, Ronnie Walker, who's actually been good, and Beverly who's been off. So if you package None in Beverly both on expiring deals plus one of those draft picks, could you get Terry Rogier from Charlotte? Probably could you get the guy I want them to get Boyan Bogdanovitch from Detroit, almost assuredly. If all of a sudden it goes really south in Portland, could you get Jeremy Grant, who would be awesome for this team.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: So those are the trades the Lakers need to be looking at, and then we'll see, you know, I mean, right now, you're right, they are the thirteen seed, but they are also three games out of being the sixth seed. So listen Ad going out with that illness against Cleveland, heard him, and then neither Ad nor Lebron being playing against Toronto. They don't have a big margin for error, but they now actually have a path forward.
Speaker 3: That makes it somewhat interesting. One other thing about Anthony.
Speaker 2: Davis going out with the illness thing, and then we'll move on as we're ten minutes over, as we always are.
Speaker 3: My apologies.
Speaker 2: So Ad went out having scored zero points, so you know the for forever, the all time record holder for consecutive games in double digit points was Jordan at eight hundred something. Okay, third most ever was Kareem I think at five hundred and seventy five or something. Lebron has an active streak of one Thy one hundred and thirteen games scoring at least ten points, and that streak was kept alive. Actually, oddly enough, two years ago when they were playing the Hawks and Solomon Hill fell in to his ankle. Lebron ended up missing a month with that ankle injury. He had seven points when Solomon Hill fell into his ankle, they took an injury time out. Lebron stayed in the game for one possession, hit a corner, three, got to ten points, and then was out for six months.
Speaker 3: Kept the streak alive. That streak.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about this type of Lebron stuff but me, but it is noteworthy. His streak is one one and thirteen games. What do you think the second longest streak current streak, second longest all time is Jordan at eight hundred something active streak.
Speaker 3: How many games do you think it is? And who do you think has it? First? Tell me who you think has.
Speaker 5: It is it?
Speaker 3: Ad? No?
Speaker 2: Well, AD's down to zero now, Oh he just came out. No, no, he just went out. Who do you think has Actually they get ten points every game no matter what, and you all so gotta even mind. Can't go out with an injury or an illness, like early first quarter of any of these games. You're allowed to sit out games. Obviously, it's not cal Ripkin. Do you have a guess on this? It's not step Steph had his snapped. I forgot why. But he's had a few stinkers where it's not even because of injury.
Speaker 3: All right, So I'll tell you the answer. The name. Do you want to give another guest?
Speaker 2: It's a guess none, amazingly not all right, it's Luca. Okay, Luca, But guess how many games it is? Lebron's is one and thirteen.
Speaker 3: Since he's been in the Give me a.
Speaker 2: Number, Luca Lucas streak is one hundred and eighty games. Soft in context for that, if Luca played all eighty two games for the next eleven years, eleven straight seasons of playing all eighty two, scoring ten or more in every single one one of those games, he still would not be at Lebron's record. And Lebron's just adding to it. That's one of the mini records. Lebron James, who I don't know if you've heard, but is the greatest player of the last fifty years and the greatest player of all time. There's a nice one hour and fifteen minute YouTube video you can watch on this very page about that one of the many Unbreakable Lebron James records.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back talking Brittany Griner.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblas, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: All Right, welcome back in episode one oh four, What's right with Right?
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna talk about Britney Griner here for a moment, and I gotta say, I am. I'm gonna do my best to be professional here and to not exude the disgust and the anger that I feel.
Speaker 3: But it's gonna it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 2: So Britney Griner was released from a Russian penal colony this morning. It was a prisoner exchange for Victor Bout, who's been in American prison for the better part of fifteen years. If you guys ever saw the movie Lord of War, the Nick Cage movie, that character was based on Victor Bout, a Russian arms dealer. He had about seven years left on a sentence. They were traded. Britney Griner, of course, allegedly had a vight pen with her at an airport in Russia and sentence to nearly a decade in prison and served nearly a year total, including the last bit of it at a penal column as a political poem, and Brittany's on our way home and even in our just crippled by partisanship and hatred and and every ism there is society. I thought, maybe for one goddamn morning, they.
Speaker 3: Give me something.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's good, this American citizen who also happens to be uh an important American. I understand we're all important, but Britney Gray there. Britney Griner is a decorated, celebrated athlete and noteworthy American citizen, which may makes her unjust attention by a hostile foreign power should be all the more galling to us, particularly because what she's accused.
Speaker 3: Of, even in Russia, that amount of.
Speaker 2: Hash oil, as they called it, is typically not treated nearly this harsh.
Speaker 3: But of course it can't be.
Speaker 2: Of course, the whataboutism has to start a media So there's another American who has been imprisoned in Russia for four years named Paul Wheeling. He's a former marine who's over in Russia, he says for a wedding, and the Russian government says he was spying and they got it, and he's been locked up and the Trump administration tried to get him out, has been unsuccessful, and the Biden administration tried to get him out and has been unsuccessful. And Paul Wheeland, aside from for his friends and family, has not been the subject of any major American discourse far I can tell, for quite some time, except when it came to a chance to say, hey, why is she getting out and he's not getting out now. Paul Wheeland's family came out today and said they are absolutely happy that Brittany Grinder got released. And President Biden came out today and said this was not an either or we tried to get them both. Russia said no, and this was not a pick one Paul or Brittany, and we pick Brittany. But President Biden said they're not. They are right now not negotiating about.
Speaker 3: Paul Wheeland's release.
Speaker 2: Ostensibly, one with thing is because Russia says what he did is far worse than what they're accusing him of spying, accuse her of having like less than a gram of hash oil. Regardless, I'm not going to take the Russian government's word for what Paul Wheelan did.
Speaker 3: Or didn't do, because I am not so choked by my own.
Speaker 2: Either partisanship or I'll just say it obvious transparent racism, that I'm going to do what so many alleged red blooded Americans did with Griner, which was a take the Russian government's word for it that she even had the drugs.
Speaker 3: B pretend that they are experts.
Speaker 2: On the Russian judicial system and act like it was a trump card when she pled guilty to having the drugs, when the actual experts on the Russian judicial system tell us the only chance she had at mitigating her sentence whatsoever, was pleading guilty. There was no pleaded not guilty improve your innocence. That wasn't gonna happen. Now, I'm not gonna act like I've studied that, but because I'm one of these dopes that trusts experts all take their word on it.
Speaker 3: But also I want to make this very clear.
Speaker 2: I think it's absolutely in play that Brittany did have that mait pen on her forgot she had it honor or had traveled with it before. It had never been a problem, got caught up in the midst of when Russia was getting ready to invade Ukraine back whatever it is. Everyone should be in agreement that the mistake of having a tiny amount of personal use marijuana essentially should not mean a decade of hard labor and a Russian colony. We all would be in agreement on it. But because some people cannot get past the fact, either because of their hatred for black people, gay people, women, or Democrats, of which she's all four, that they wanted her to and stay over there, And now they're pretending that their actual concern is for Paul Wheeling, who the vast majority of these people do not give a about except for to use him as a cudgel to attack either Griner or the president or whatever. And I apologize for cursing. We try not to curse like that, except for when Monse reads the wrong line off the script when we're live on YouTube.
Speaker 3: But it's we are broken.
Speaker 2: That we can't all collectively say, Man, thank goodness, she's getting home and the and by the way, it is not lost on me the irony of so many of the people who are claiming that they really cared about Victor Bout the Russian arms dealer his sentence, when the politics of so many of those people who, best I can tell, don't think it should be illegal for anyone to sell guns to anyone in America. Ever, that more the more guns, the more assault rifles, the more weapons of war, the better.
Speaker 3: I I.
Speaker 2: Did not tweet much or talk much about the Grinder situation, ever, I thought other people had handled. Also, I was not as convinced as some that it was a full on setup. I thought it was to be totally candid, absolutely in play, that she forgot she had that honor or she'd been playing in Russia for years. It didn't never end a problem and did it? And wasn't thinking about the context of wait, there's a war about to start and I could be used or whatever. I also thought it was in play they planted it on any of those things. But I wasn't going to get loud and strong about how this whole that she had made no mistake whatsoever, because I thought it was in play that and I still think it's in play that she screwed up.
Speaker 3: Okay, But I still thought whether.
Speaker 2: We should or we shouldn't, We in this country for eighty years have been taught literally in school not to trust the Russians. Maybe that's unfair, maybe it's jinguistic, but that seemed to be something that Democrats, Republicans, white, black, everybody agreed. Ah, scary Russians certainly don't trust Putin's government. And I thought we all agreed that American citizens held in foreign prisons unless it's like, well, they were on vacation and murdered somebody, and then skids like, eh, you shouldn't have done that. I guess you stay there, but for petty crimes. We want them back home. But all of a sudden, you're prominent black lesbian and we're in all these experts, all these folks that it's amazing they have mediocre jobs and mediocre lives and mediocre success, all while being able to simultaneously be uh infectious disease experts and and then immediately become international hostage negotiation experts. You you, you'd think they'd have put all that knowledge to better use. Let's do a FIFA forecast. How'd I do de montego on? Not showing my anger and stuff for I don't think so well?
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: All right, go ahead, all right, FIFA forecast time start clock here. Quarterfinals begin tomorrow with matches between Carolina and Brazil and the Netherlands versus Argentina. On the other side, we have England versus France and Roco versus Portugal.
Speaker 5: We'll get to we'll get to Rinaldo on a second.
Speaker 4: Obviously, what will be the most exciting matchup in the semis, in the and in the finals.
Speaker 3: And who's that?
Speaker 5: I can see what a.
Speaker 4: World Cup win helped the most between Messi, Ronaldo, neymar or Embape.
Speaker 2: Oh man, okay, this is so, this.
Speaker 3: Is also fascinating. What are you laughing about?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: This is funny? I mean, how ready you are for a now fast? Let me hear it.
Speaker 6: Okay, my answer is in bape though. Okay, do you want to give a why or it's just your answer.
Speaker 5: I've got the why in my head, but I just need to think of a better way to need to think of the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, take your time, buddy, no problem.
Speaker 2: So obviously on one side of the bracket, the best semi final is Argentina Brazil. There's no question there, all South American final, two of the countries with the greatest soccer history of all of them. I mean, Brazil has the best, probably Germany as the second best as far as success of the World Cup if you include West Germany into Germany, which you do. Germany's out, but Argentina has had massive success, especially for a country of its population. The and so I shouldn't say that of its population, but it's just kind of the little brothers of Brazil. Argentina Brazil is the ideal left side of the bracket semifinal. I personally would like to see France Portugal on the right side. But Morocco it's be the biggest underdog story in you know, World Cup history. They're already one of the biggest underdog stories in World Cup history. So it's great. So what I am rooting for as far as you know. My final pick. My pick was for the semifinal was France versus Spain and Argentina versus Brazil. So Spain gone thanks the loss to Morocco and so I, but I would really like so. I would like to see France versus Brazil. So I'd like seeing both advanced. To me, they're the two best, all right. Legacy is interesting because I'm not sure how much this is gonna happen. We gotta see what happens with Moroto. Ad All got binched, and I know we're gonna talk more about this later.
Speaker 3: He got bench.
Speaker 2: His replacement got a hat trick. So that's a tough one. Like, if Portugal wins and he's awesome, that's one thing. But if he's like a sub and who knows what's gonna happen, messy, it would give him a very legitimate claim to the greatest player ever. Some people think he already has that. I think it's very very difficult.
Speaker 3: To argue any one of them. Pele is the greatest player ever.
Speaker 2: I mean Pele went to the World Cup at seventeen and won the damn thing and then wanted again. I mean, what Pele won three, but he was injured during one of them. Then he wanted seventeen. They went back one again, but they injured him. They went back when he was or maybe he was eighteen, when he was twenty six, and they just fouled him so many times and knocked Brazil out that he was like, I'm never coming back to the World Cup again. Then came back at thirty and won it again. Pele was unbelievable in that regard. Messi's been to a final and lost. If they didn't, if he wins it. In his World Cup swan song, it'd be something else.
Speaker 3: Naymar to me.
Speaker 2: As the least to gain of these guys, because then there's Imbappe and the youngest one by far, France won last year. I'm I'm grabbing my computer for a moment, just so I can give you, you know them, what Imbope, what it would look like for him up to this point, because he already is tying some of Pele's World Cup records. In twenty eighteen, he was on the French team that won the whole thing, becoming the second teenager after Pele to score in the World Cup final. He had four goals in the tournament to win the Best Young Player award.
Speaker 3: Another award Pele won, and now he much liked.
Speaker 2: Pele could win another World Cup his next timeout. I think he is almost universally accepted right now as the best player in the world. He's only twenty three. That team to win without Benzima, who's out injured. They won last time without Benzima because Benzima might have blackmailed a teammate. That international soccers kind of wild. It's it'd be something else man, and so on. In the international career for France's national team, he has a goal every other match, thirty three goals in sixty three matches the World Cup. I mean what he did in the quarters with I'm sorry, in the round of sixteen with those two goals. So right now the answer is messy, But long term the answer might be in bap because maybe he's building a goat resume. All right, does that fit? Do you want to add anything to that? You're good, You're good with it? All right, next the nails. Thanks, all right, we got a game.
Speaker 3: What's the game?
Speaker 5: It's all right? Ends we haven't done this.
Speaker 3: Oh look at that picture, Look at you.
Speaker 5: I didn't see it. I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Demonse was grabbing this stuff. You look like a kind of nerdy teacher.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: Look for you. Okay, right end. So what are we doing here? Why are you? Oh? This is our eraser.
Speaker 2: Demonse got his toilet paper as our eraser.
Speaker 3: Okay, the races are in the house. If we have toilet paper, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Busy, busy week for one of our one of the soccer goats, I haven't.
Speaker 4: Ronald was outshined by his replacement and then bench. Meanwhile, he was offered a massive two hundred plus million dollar deal to play in Saudi Arabia for the next two years. If you were Christian, if you were Christianado Ronaldo, you would feel okay.
Speaker 6: My answer is if I were Christiano Ronaldo, I would feel conflicted because winning the World Cup and you can race with this.
Speaker 3: Winning the World Cup would be you know, the final cap.
Speaker 2: On a career that has a bunch of balloon doors, all the money, everything, and then you go to Saudi Arabia make you know, a quarter of a billion dollars for two years work, but also conflicted because them winning five to one without you is not the greatest situation in the world. It's like the fact that our most viewed show ever is still the one with your mom and not with you is kind of like, you know, a bittersweet for you.
Speaker 3: What did you write? Put it like?
Speaker 5: Nick right? Actually?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Very ironically given what you just said?
Speaker 3: Why? What's like? Nick right?
Speaker 5: I just feel like Nick right? How why it's being out shine by our replacement?
Speaker 3: Who's my replacement? It's me?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, well done, we have the same joke. All right, erace that read the next question?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: The next one is a huge blow to Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Von Miller is done for the season after undergoing ACL surgery as the world's foremost. As the world's foremost Josh Allen hater, you've called von Miller's you've called von Miller.
Speaker 5: The best player on the team. Yeah, don't say the Chiefs. The main reason the Bills won't win the super.
Speaker 3: Bowl is Okay, that's easy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't understand why folks want to keep pretending this is not true. The main reason the Bills won't win the Super Bowl is they're not good enough. They're fine, and I understand, right, oh, nick oh, Demons wrote Josh Allen's elbow.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. Josh Allen's elbow is not.
Speaker 2: But again, injuries happened in the NFL, and Josh allen'son with an elbow, and Von Miller's done for the year, and yet folks still want to pretend, Oh, they'll be fine.
Speaker 3: No, they won't.
Speaker 2: Their best defensive player's done for the year. Their best offensive player has a banged up elbow and hasn't been great since he got the banged up elbow. I just the the inability for folks to acknowledge that this team is not quite what folks pretended it was to be in the year. Oh Nick, but they're the one seed right now. Do you know who the one seed was at this very moment?
Speaker 3: Last season?
Speaker 2: The New England Patriots were the one seed in the AFC after Week thirteen, though being the one seed after week thirteen guarantees you nothing, and in order for them to stay the one seed, they gotta go on defeated because the Chiefs are not losing again. So I yeah, there's plenty of reasons that they're not gonna win the Super Bowl, but most notably, they're not quite good enough next all right.
Speaker 5: Uh, the Titans were witnessed. The Titans were witnessed to an all.
Speaker 4: Time revenge game for their former start wide receiver AJ Brown Sunday. The next day, the Titans fired their GM, who was responsible for trading him. Reminder, the Titans are seven and five and leading their division. I would describe the Titans firing John Robinson as.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, I it is wild. They've never had losing season since hiring him. They've been the one seed, they won the division. They're seven and five right now when they fire their GM. The Titans firing John Robinson was impulsive.
Speaker 3: What did you say? Ad and Eddie shady and petty says Demons.
Speaker 2: So I say impulsive because I really do think it was that Vrabel never wanted to trade AJ Brown, John Robinson traded him. The passing offenses obviously struggled, and then AJ Brown baptizes them for three hours on Sunday, and Vrabel you know what I maybe should I'm also gonna revise my answer to the Titans firing John Robinson is a power grab because I think it's Verybel taking full control.
Speaker 3: Over the organization.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it's Verbel trying to do what his coach Belichick did, which is all just run everything. So that's what I think. All right, last one?
Speaker 4: All right, Tuesday night, the Goat of Cleveland went back to Cleveland. I'm sorry, Joey chestnutt during the Cavs halftime against Lebron.
Speaker 5: And Lakers, Joey jaw stole the show.
Speaker 4: A three man team combined to consume thirty three perojis pogis while Chestnut driving down forty seven alone. Chestnut will be favored by how many period pos parogis in an eating contest versus Nick and Demonzi. All right, if you the heck is a parogi? Dude, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta be honest with you. Oh look, how about that potato. It's a Polish dumpling, potato filed.
Speaker 5: Oh dang, dude, that had like some type of.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest. I didn't know what a perogi was. I knew how to pronounce it, but I didn't know what it was like.
Speaker 3: Yosa, Yeah, not a mimosa.
Speaker 2: But man, yeah, it looked like a guilloza. That that's correct. Yeah, it looks like it's a dumpling.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: If he can eat forty seven, he'd be favored by I'm gonna say, thirty four and a.
Speaker 3: Half is my answer?
Speaker 5: Thirty four and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you and I could eat twelve eight by eight. Did you not read the thing?
Speaker 2: You just read three guys combined to eat thirty three, so you think you're eating forty.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I also, to be honest with you, our producers are way more interested than Joey Chestnut than they keep putting it, just because, just because that.
Speaker 2: One day I gave that amazing Nick Right pol of him being the rays athlete ever again, that was my I don't actually like Joey Chestnut content, guys. I just am such a great broadcaster an impromptu arguer that I was able to make a case for him. But I'm not interested in talking about Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Justin FYI, we answer your questions in the chat and we wrap up book Club next What's Right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right, and we're wrapping up our first book, book Club, Eh Gombrichs a little history of the world.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna be honest with you, guys. I did not do a great job.
Speaker 2: On book Club because I didn't really what I realized is the way a book club is supposed to work is it's like a discussion. And we can't really have a multi person discussion with the viewers about book club each and every week. And we certainly can't even have a two persons discussion about book club because Demons and my reading paces were slightly different.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not putting this on you.
Speaker 2: I missed a week and then I caught all up and it's just not gonna work that way.
Speaker 3: However, I'm not picking on you body.
Speaker 5: I'm stuck on how did you not know what a book.
Speaker 3: Club is it? I've never been in a book club?
Speaker 5: Book club?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've never been in a book club. I hadn't thought about it. I just I know Bimani does one on his podcast. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 3: I wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: However, this is the way we're going to wrap up book club, which is why even if you haven't read this, I encourage you to read it.
Speaker 3: A wrap up this month's book club, and then we'll start another book.
Speaker 2: The reason I love history books is because it just contextualizes everything that's happening around us. So this morning in the Washington Post is this headline, Okay, German police arrests twenty five people over plot to overthrow the government, and then you read it German authorities arrested twenty five people suspective plotting to use armed forces to storm parliament violently overthrow the state. Those arrested included a seventy one year old German aristocrat. So I'm like, oh, German aristocrat, let me read more about him. So you go to a different Washington Post article. Heinrich, the eighth Germany's Putsch Prince lamented monarchy's demise. So the head of that story headline is he is the scion of a dynasty that once ruled over a region of central Germany, lives in one of Frankfurt's most expensive neighborhoods, and drives an audio with a person hesed license plate. The bespectacled, gray haired aristocrat Heinrich, the eighth Prince of russ cuts an unusual figure for the head of what German authorities described as a terrorist organization. So they didn't tell a whole story about him. But the story what they want to do was reinstate the German monarchy. But here is an interesting paragraph from the Washington post story today. Born in nineteen fifty one, Heinrich was one of six children of Heinrich the First and was Zola Fedoria, Prince and Princess of Rus his four brothers.
Speaker 3: This is a fascinating one.
Speaker 2: His four brothers were also named Heinrich like every other male in the family, under the dynasty's unusual naming traditions that are in tribute to Holy Roman Emperor Henry the sixth. So you might hear that and say, wait, why did they care about the Holy Roman Emperor if they were a Russian or a German family, to which I will take you too the chapter twenty four in our book Emperors in the Age of Chivalry, which explains to us how the popes around eight hundred years ago would often name the king of Germany that Holy Roman Emperor.
Speaker 3: And explains how.
Speaker 2: That one of the reasons people wanted to be in charge of Germany so much was they would then travel to Rome to see the Pope, where the Pope would call them essentially the defender of all of Christendom as they called it, and the head of the Holy Roman Emperor or the head of the or the head of the Roman Empire, and the Holy Roman Empire. And there was also consistently a power struggle between different popes and different rulers of Germany to kind of debate. And this is in the eleven hundred and the twelve hundreds who the actual top dog was in one of the popes. Once upon a time, Pope Innocent the third excommunicated the King Gregory the seventh and made it to where none of the priests in Germany could give him communion until he.
Speaker 3: Came to see the Pope and ask for his forgiveness.
Speaker 2: I don't which, by the way, I'm just gonna read you one passes and we'll move.
Speaker 3: On from book club.
Speaker 2: One day, King John refused to carry out the pope's orders. He excommunicated in forbade new priests to celebrate Mass in all of England. The English nobility became so angry with their king they took away almost all his power. In twelve fifteen, he had to solemnly swear that he would never again oppose their will. This was the famous Magna Carta, the Great Charter to which King John. I might have said Germany.
Speaker 3: Earlier when I'm in England, but this applied.
Speaker 2: This is about the English king King John put Acil, which he granted his parents' whole host of rights which English citizens old to this date, but England still ought to pay tax and tribute to Pope Innocent the Third, so great was his power. I understand a lot of this is not that interesting for a lot of people. I find the whole thing wildly fascinating. And I find it incredibly fascinating that there was a period of time where if you became the leader of Germany, the Pope then appointed you the defender the Holy Roman Emperor. Learned that in this book A Little History of the World, I recommend it for everyone.
Speaker 3: I might have mangled a bit of that. My apologies, ever, that's why everyone should read the book. What's up?
Speaker 5: Boo oh?
Speaker 4: Right, So I've got a little takeaways a couple of hours from the book.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 4: Towards the end of the book, Gombrig starts inserting himself and his family and history a bit more, noting how they lived through the big moments as in the chapters got a little bit more personal.
Speaker 5: So I thought about like you and Gombrich a little a contrast.
Speaker 4: Okay, is this what ultimately led to your NBA Top fifty players? List of the last fifty years. You wanting to tell history through your eyes?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure, I think that is correct. I think that's a good comparison. Good job, buddy, Thanks man. Any any other observations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there's one about MLK in there, but we won't get into that one.
Speaker 5: Man. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't want to, Okay, that no problem?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: You want to read some listener questions before we go, Let's do it a few hold on, hold on, that's so good.
Speaker 2: Can I expose you for a moment, please, because I don't know who's feeding you this stuff.
Speaker 5: Nobody's seeing me anything. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is there something about MLK in there? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that's fascinating because this book was written nineteen thirty three and MLK was a young child when that happened, so it would have been a lot of Was there something in there about MLK or about Martin Luther?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: What what does it say? Budy? Are you a little cheat sheet there.
Speaker 5: That you know? First of all? Yeah, well, hey, I was never talking about Martin Luther King.
Speaker 3: Then why did you say malk?
Speaker 2: I just said MLK well, Martin Luther didn't have a K, so I don't know what you're referring to.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, yeah, all right, let's just move on. Pal It says.
Speaker 2: It says not MLK in your little cheat sheet, and you still call him MLK.
Speaker 5: Okay, no problem, note to myself, all right, don't worry about it, all right? Asked about this?
Speaker 3: All right? Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Ab says that trented hoodie is fire. I need one.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, that's perfect Phil for a.
Speaker 5: Moment, dude, m ok. Things pretty bad right now, so bad.
Speaker 3: The owner of the store, damp O.
Speaker 2: So guess what our first listener question said, The Trinage hoodie is fire. Where can he get one? Demons's wearing one right now? And so I know you don't sell things online. Could we potentially sell some Trinage hoodies online just for podcast listeners? Is that something we could do? We could definitely do that, all right, So we'll work on that. How you can get Trentedge hoodies and how that's gonna work, all right? Next question, Scott Frazier says Ridder.
Speaker 5: Ridder will make Miriota look like Joe Montana.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I want.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see Desmond Ridder and it's smart for Atlanta to kind of fold their hand on their season and turn the page.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Last one Conlin Chashtan Jashtin said book club related question, if you could go back in time to one period of time, what would it be? One sports? One sports, pick and none and one.
Speaker 2: Okay, As far as if I could watch a period of sports that I wasn't able to see, that's a great question. I think I'd love to be alive when boxing was at its peak, Like from a sports perspective, I really like to see that. As far as go back in time, I feel very, very lucky about when I was born in world history.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, like I think about the.
Speaker 2: Fact that you know, even like you know that the vast majority of people right now eat better than the greatest kings of queens of olden times, and I am grateful of that. And so I don't really want to go back in history seems rough and same. Yeah, that's a good answer, So I'm not really interested.
Speaker 3: Things aren't perfect right now, far from it.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I wanted to go back in history, it would really be like like maybe to like the eighties, you know what I mean, Like where we had basically our same rights and uh and a lot of the same kind of nice, you know, nice parts of modern life, but not quite as accessible as we are now via cell phones and the internet and stuff.
Speaker 3: But that's it, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Today's show went long. My apologies. We'll be back on Monday. Check us out on TV Today. Good job, everybody.
Speaker 3: What's right?