Speaker 1: Welcome to pod meets Tworld, a podcast that somehow began with Dancing with the Stars, continued through Castle's Traders, strategic deception, and because our producers, along with many of our listeners, apparently enjoy watching too confused middle aged men struggle through wildly successful reality television. We have arrived at a place neither of us understands Bravo, specifically in the city. And we thought we were done within the city, but in the city wasn't done with us? Will I know? Usually these shows involved a game, a competition to cash, prize, a goal, but this one's different. No challenges, no murder, mystery, no judges, no dance scores, just wealthy adults attending parties are actually not even at this time, just wealthy adults standing around.
Speaker 2: Not even standing city city again, talking about things that other people have said about them.
Speaker 1: We are right or Strong, a man who prefer stories with structure, themes and an ending. And Will Ferdell, who was told there might be humor among the cocktails and betrayals. I don't think that's turned out to be true. New join us as we finish a season of social warfare, passive aggression, luxury apartments and confessionals, delivered with the gravity of international diplomacy. This is the last Podmates Tworld Metropolitan mess. How you feeling, Will, I'm glad it's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just not for me. It's just not for me, I know.
Speaker 1: I and our last in the City recap of the final episode. I was feeling pretty good about in the City. Actually, I was feeling better.
Speaker 3: How you feel after the reunion?
Speaker 1: The reunion killed it for me? Hill reunion just I just I didn't want this to exist. I didn't want the reunion to exist, right because that feeling that I had gotten with that good will that had been built up by that Thanksgiving episode, which was you know, I started to feel like, oh, you know, this is like a Slice of life show, and these people are ultimately friends and it's not that big of a deal, and you know, the producers and the editors milk this for like drama, but actually this is all kind of small events in these people's lives. They're gonna forget about this and move on. But then to come together and to have this host too. I don't know who this.
Speaker 2: Guy is, and he's the face of Bravo.
Speaker 3: He's like the guy who started this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really, I mean talk about stirring the pot. I mean, I know it's his job. I know it's his job, So I don't blame him personally. It's not about that, but it's the idea that you would bring all these people back and just like reopen wounds.
Speaker 3: That's the point, that's the point of all these shows is.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was like guys, I thought we had kind of healed, and I got to the point where I kind of liked everybody, and then now I'm at the point where I don't like anybody. Yes, exactly like anybody.
Speaker 2: I've said this from the beginning and I stick by it.
Speaker 3: These are children, These are children who are sitting there.
Speaker 1: I don't blame them, will.
Speaker 3: Oh, I blame them entirely. Oh, I think it is No, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's entirely the structure of the show, the way that they approach it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's their job, but this is what they want.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why I don't like them. That's why I don't like them, not because they're gossiping. It's because they're showing up and collecting money to do this, and they're choosing to do things like this reunion and keep playing this game, and I feel like, well, then you know, so when they talk about like the real emotion that has to be behind this, you know that you have divorces, you have sure relationships ending, you have children coming into the world, and that this is how you're making your money and how you're choosing to do it just bums me out. And I feel sorry for them to a certain extent because I'm not I'm not one hundred percent sure you can possibly know how much you're signing up for when you especially because a lot of them have been on this for ten years or whatever, like I don't know if they've really thought it through right.
Speaker 2: But if you don't think something through and then you know how it's affecting your life, you don't stay on it for ten years and then do a spin off show of it.
Speaker 3: This is what they want.
Speaker 2: This is an entire group of people in the world now who want to be influencers, who want to be reality show people who want to be.
Speaker 3: Paid for me, me, me, me, me.
Speaker 2: This is I want you to look at me the whole time and I'm always right or this, And then they have conversations like again, I've I've always maintained that if you if you just take a transcript of the conversations and you then take a transcript of conversations between twelve year olds, you would not be able to tell which is which.
Speaker 1: I think there's a version of this where you don't do this reunion stuff and you don't you don't allow people to have tabloids and you just do like a more like a like a dramedy, midlife crisis sort of dramedy where you follow a group of friends like this. I'm really interested in that show. Like, you know, do you remember the Seven Up documentaries? Did you ever hear about those?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: They were It was a British series of documentaries where they followed people every seven years of their life, So every seven years they would do another feature film documentary.
Speaker 3: On the same people.
Speaker 1: So kay, So you starting with when they were born, and then when they were seven, and then when they were fourteen, and then Andy, You're right, it's really cool and like every you know, and they're still doing it as far as I know, Like, these people are still alive and they've been followed some of the you know, they're all like from the same little neighbor. I love that idea. I actually haven't watched that many of those documentary Yeah, and I feel like there's a version of In the City that kind of gave me those feelings, like when they had their friends giving, where I was like, oh, like, these people have been there a lot together and like they're gonna be you know, and even I will say in this reunion, the way that Kyle and Amanda still have this like bond and the sense of like friendship. I was like, there's a version of this where you can re edit and these people won't wouldn't come off as awful. But of course, but.
Speaker 3: That's not what it's about.
Speaker 1: Drama.
Speaker 3: They built it that, you know.
Speaker 2: The second and this is the thing, this is what just gives me the ick every time, is the second. Somebody has a horrible time in their life that the tabloids find about.
Speaker 4: You get a.
Speaker 2: Drunk driving, you are divorced, somebody's cheating on somebody. These producers are salivating, Thank God this is happening, because it's just going to give us ratings and that I find that really icky.
Speaker 3: I just find it icky.
Speaker 2: And so to then dress them all up, put him in makeup, sit him across from each other and then say, remember what she said about you. Well she also said this, let's find the clip. It's just I just it gives me such the.
Speaker 1: It's literally like, let's let's let's look at the clips of all the conflicts you had this last year. Yeah, just bring them all back up. And I was like, oh, is that all we're doing. Yes, that's all we're doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it starts off with what I thought an optimistic note was Andy Cohen making the white dress joke, and I was like, you know what, if it's stays in this time were just bantering about the things that happened, I would have loved it, because that's what I kind of expected. Or we tear about where their lives we're at now, or what had happened, or an update. Instead, No, it becomes kind of just reflections yep, all the stuff.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: So we hear about everybody's pregnancy.
Speaker 3: Great, congratulations everybody, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: And Gavin's had a spike in business that he's noticed Georgia, I can't answer a question about who was at boat Dogs. And then Amanda get into the whole and even this was a little annoying because they didn't really kind of explain it. It was like they sort of assumed that you would watched the Summer House reunion, which I did not watch. Did you you didn't watch that? Yeah, so I didn't really know when they kept referencing like what had happened at that reunion and how Amanda was treated or reacted. But apparently it seems like she had not a great time on that show and everybody kind of piled on her and she react.
Speaker 3: Now, that was the one you remember. I think Maddie came on and told us about that one.
Speaker 2: That was the one where they she literally like people were accusing her of being on medication or something like. It came off so cruel and yell, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yet, well, that's what Andy brings up here, that she was on beta blockers or whatever. We'll find out how Kyle's asshole is doing. Yes, finally recovered important Andrea and Lexi expecting, oh and Danielle also expecting. All right, we get into the Amanda.
Speaker 5: Kyle of it all.
Speaker 1: There's some sort of olive spitting photograph. I don't understand what this was.
Speaker 2: I guess there was a picture of them somewhere where people thought she was just spitting into his mouth. But I guess they were doing a joke of spitting an olive into another olive.
Speaker 3: I don't teach their own what it is.
Speaker 1: And then this is where Andy brings up this whole beta blocker drugged in question or drug question, and she insists that she was just emotionally shut down because that's her her reaction to her own Kyle fighting, which we've seen. Yeah, everyone everyone gets asked how they feel about Amanda and West, and everybody's pissed off, or, as Danielle puts it, disappointed because her whisper Amanda would be that she would take some time alone. But Amanda can't go back and change that. No one has hung out with Amanda and West. Surprise, surprise. Gavin says that they know better than to come into his bar, which I was like, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, there was one.
Speaker 2: There was one comment here I think it comes up right around here that that really spoke a lot about it, where somebody said to her that all the stuff you hated about Kyle, yes West, is that times ten. Yeah, And she's like, well, I haven't seen that. It's like okay, yeah, it's like, oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is crazy. Yeah, she can't say that they are in love, and they don't say I love you to each other. I also don't really care. Nope. I was like, why are we talking about West? He's barely a part of.
Speaker 3: This show, say half the scandal wasn't on the show exactly.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting that we're spending so much. It's just like, and this is this weird thing where the show is. It's like, it's like, and this is the thing about this kind of reality TV. It's like these people's lives and the tabloids, it's like their social media, the reality show, their products that they sell, and the like comments that other people make online all are telling the story, you know what I mean. It's like, there's not it's.
Speaker 3: Not the show, right.
Speaker 1: It's the stuff all around. It is so like when you're watching the show, you're just getting the tip of the iceberg. R. And I think that part of the reason that you and I are you know, a little distant chat with it is that we are keeping up with all those other sources, you know, right, and like, but I think it's like it's almost like these shows, and maybe this is true of a lot of the Bravo stuff or reality it's like what is that word for? Like when they're like games in real life, like games like video games that people play in real life. It's something that's sort of pop kind of but it's like, but people do it. There's there's been attempts to do this, like where you virtual reality, No, not virtual reality. I think it's like reality games. It's like where you you follow a YouTuber and you solve a mystery in real life and like the you.
Speaker 2: Know, augmented reality. No, I know what you're I know the one you're talking about. It It's like it's yes, I do, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: There have been attempts to do this, and they've never been hugely successful. But the idea is that if you watch this TV show and then you play this video game, they like correlate or like if you follow this YouTuber, it is a you know and like I feel like the Bravo versu is that it's like you it's never just the show. You have to watch the show, you have to follow all the people on social media, and then you have to read all the page six or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: This is just a soap opera without having to pay the actors the same amount, right, I mean that's really all.
Speaker 3: This is the modern day soap opera.
Speaker 1: Do you think they make less than soap opera actors, Well, I mean, at the same time, think about it, they might make less.
Speaker 2: They might make the same money as the actors. But you don't have to pay any writers. You don't have to pay I mean, it's like you don't have to pay the studio. You don't have to pay any of that kind of stuff. We just film a whole bunch of people. You left the drama. You edit just around all the drama. I'm sure the producers are injecting drama. Oh did you know this person said this to you? And so this is just this is the new I mean, there's only one or two soap operas really, the big ones that are left.
Speaker 3: So this is just these are the new soap operas.
Speaker 1: So Amanda says that West is supportive. He's not ten times worse than Kyle, as Nick says, Kyle feels that he was supportive and that he still is. And he actually says everyone here still supports you and gives her credit for taking it on the chin. They all complement Kyle on how dignified he is, and Amanda says, you know that they're still friends and that they still have love for one another.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds an awful lot like and again I think somebody brings us up later in the episode, but it sounds an awful lot like if you just watch Summer House, most people ninety percent of the people were team Amanda, like Kyle was awful to her, and then when this happened, everything changed. And now this guy who they even sense like you were right about to be canceled, is now the man. So he's probably in a way kind of loving this where it's like, hey, now I'm single, she's not around anymore, she looks like shit, and I can go out and date whoever I want to.
Speaker 1: And it's like exactly what they talk about next, they're like, what is it like hanging out with single Kyle? And he's making out with everybody, and single Kyle is not all that different.
Speaker 3: Dude hasn't had sex in five years? What do you expect?
Speaker 1: So they he's kissing other people and he's having sober sex and talking to Amanda about it and they actually laugh about this together. Interesting. Yeah, Kenny uses the word betrayal, but Amanda jumps in to say there was no cheating. But then they go through that there were only two weekends from the statement that Are and Kyle released together and then being at some super Bowl event with West. I don't get it, but anyway, Kyle feels betrayed by West because they were boys, they were friends.
Speaker 3: Can we get a Maddie because I have a question, Mattie, are you there? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this super Bowl thing, Amanda denies that she and West were together during whatever the super Bowl thing, but he says they were.
Speaker 3: Yes, So they have conflicting statements. It's but their mutual friend told this.
Speaker 2: Is I think we went over this when she told Dave Portnoy, like their mutual friend told Dave Portnoy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Amanda and West are an item, and that's how things.
Speaker 1: Started to blow up. It is.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid that, honestly, it's still being talked about at this point.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, it was just pointless. It was like this is summerhouse. It's not in this It's just too much. So yeah, essentially, Amanda in West have conflicting statements.
Speaker 2: Okay, but do most people believe that they were actually together before she says they were actually together.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I figured.
Speaker 1: Well, the good news La La in the Valley says that Kyle is great in bed. These are the things you need to know.
Speaker 3: This is La La Kent parent another Bravos.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but there's a whole bunch of in jokes about Kyle and who he's slept with. I don't know who they're referencing. There's someone ten years younger, but who's well read. Lindsay, you'll be happy to know is still with Frank the Milkman, and guess what will She is not looking for a serious relationship. No, she wants to have fun with So Lindsay has a change. This season saw Lindsay wanted to have a good time and find somebody like Frank the Milkman. Sounds like she's she's still still in the same place.
Speaker 2: Really, because I thought they were just gonna sit up and have wonderful, in depth conversations with Frank the Milkman.
Speaker 1: I'll deliver the milk over that way, over that way.
Speaker 3: Excuse excuse me, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Georgina says that Frank is ambitious, which I have yet to really see but Dustin and Dustin would have also been great if he lived in town. Vaughn's not convinced about Frank. Then, Danielle says she's not going to come in on Lindsey's relationships anymore. She has learned her less smart. She has she smart because she's still here with of course, her husband Marty. Okay, Georgina is not currently seeing anyone, but she is ready, and she reiterates what she said in the finale, which is that she now believes that divorce might be better for her kids after hearing from a friend who grew up with divorce parents.
Speaker 3: I have a reality question for you.
Speaker 2: Do you think so like, if they bring back this this show for season two, which it seems like it's kind of a foregone conclusion that they're going to, do you think if somebody like Georgina is ready to date, do you think Bravo and the show and producers will actively go out and find men to bring on to the show as like another character.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's the thing they do where it's like we set up dates for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, well no, but they do it through the characters. That's why remember Andrea introduces Frank the Milkman to Lindsay. Right, So that's how they do it. They find the people on the show. They're like, hey, do you know anybody who could set up with Georgina, because then it's with in show, you know that you have like somebody playing matchmaker, because then they also have to get permission because let's say she goes on a date or two with somebody and then that somebody is like, I'm not going to go on a reality show. Then the whole show misses out on her dating life. They can't cover it.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the things that happened with with Lindsay's ex is that Lindsay was like, got pregnant by this guy and he's like, I don't want to be I'm not gonna be on a reality show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 3: That of course me too.
Speaker 1: I think Owen wishes he had made that.
Speaker 5: Same He is.
Speaker 3: Way over his head, way over his head, and Danielle.
Speaker 1: Should have just taken the opportunity to met an Irish guy and I'm.
Speaker 3: Out of the thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she makes too much money. I don't know. All right, Well, Lindsay gives advice for new moms to just go with it and that she's here for all of you, including danielleb he doesn't want her around. Georgina's advice is give yourself grace and love, and she didn't even pee before running to her first baby, but with the second she was way more casual. I've heard this from every parent I know, and I only had one kid, so we were just anxious, like probably over the intentive because but yeah, but everyone says with the second one, you just check out, and it's actually much healthier for everyone.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure I think that the joke my parents used to make was at me as the third kid is like, oh, by the third kid, they're juggling knives like it just it's yeah, they're so used to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kenny caught smoke for moving witness across the country without a ring or a closet. We get the Murky Murky Spark conversation, and this leads to a question from a viewer which goes all the way back to episode one, when Lindsay was grilling poor Kenny yah he was getting man hating vibes. Yeah in the bar, right, so this is when Whitney it's a chance for Whitney Towagh And was Lindsay having her back as a as a friend or a potential friend or was he was she overstepping and judging and Whitney thinks she was overstepping and judging. This gets pretty heated. Kenny's trying to talk meanwhile Lindsay's just calling him misogynistic and narcissistic. Oh my god, is.
Speaker 3: She still one of your favorites?
Speaker 4: No, she really.
Speaker 1: Lost me on this. It's just like because multiple times I feel like she has an opportunity to just say, like, like, here's the perfect example, because she defends herself saying I was being a girl's girl, Whitney, I was there for you. I was trying to protect you, which Whitney then says, well, I didn't want it, didn't need it, didn't come across that way to me. All you need to say, you know what my bad?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: Cool? Yeah, well you could say I had good intentions, they missed the mark, and I bet you Whitney would have been like cool, but instead she's like, well, Whitney and I are very different people. So it's like, so you were being a girl's girl on your own terms. And when the girl says no need for you to be that way, she doesn't just take saying okay, cool, my bad like a child. Yes, ego is just so fragile. Everyone's ego is so brittle. I mean, like, just make a mistake. What happens if you said something you maybe had good intentions, I had the wrong effect.
Speaker 5: Oops.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but I guess that would be the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly all right.
Speaker 1: If viewer asks Kenny, why are you upset with Lindsey because of the spark issue? When you actually said that in the first episode with Kyle, host checks in with Whitney, you know, she says, all I had to do was talk to Kenny. Yeah, that's kind of all any of these people have to do. Yes, talk to one another, to your partner. Yes, Davin jumps in, says Kenny, you were defend sive off the bat. That is the problem of your jumps in and says Kenny, I can't believe that you called Whitney boring to her face, which Gavin says, no, no, no, the relationship is boring, which I don't know if that's much better, bro. But Gavin says he loves Whitney, he just doesn't believe that they're being honest about their relationship. And then apparently on some other reality show, a bachelor bachelorette person weighs in that Whitney is just in it for the fame. Uh oh, yeah, I would say they're all maybe let's say.
Speaker 2: You know, because the rest of the cast is just in it because they love these relationships and they need to be with their friends.
Speaker 1: If you can't heard about leads, friends, don't let friends go on. Yes, you do this to your worst enemy.
Speaker 5: Yes, my god.
Speaker 2: The idea that you're all fame hungry people, of course you are.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, you have to be best frenemies in order to be on a Bravo show.
Speaker 3: And that's the other thing.
Speaker 2: This is the thing I think that throws me about shows like this more than anything else, because in some of the reality shows we do, there's a purpose. You want to win a game, you want to become a better chef, you want to fall in love.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is. This is literally just I want to be famous with no talent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so where we as actors do we want fame? No, we want to work, We want to act we want to we want to create, we want to entertain, and fame is a byproduct of what we do. This is they want to be famous. That's the point, because there's no other goals, right. But it's like, why do you want to go on this reality show? Because you know it's gonna bring out, bring your your numbers up for your social media, your product. It's going to be allow you become your own product. You obviously think you're wonderful and you want the world.
Speaker 3: To see it. That's the only thing you get out of this show is fame.
Speaker 1: That's literally it. It's really I I agree. I guess it's hard for me to judge that anymore because I feel like, let's everybody know, Yeah, it's everybody. It's all of us, you know. And it's hard because everybody with their you know, their Facebook page which says yes. And I just so I think whereas like, you know, the way I retreated from fame and the way I would have felt about this equation when I was younger, it was exactly the way you described it, like why would anybody want that? You know? But now that I have done Podmeats World and I have embraced fame, you know, on my own terms like being like nowadays, I would say I am. I am famous, more famous than I was four years ago because of pod meats.
Speaker 3: Sure of course.
Speaker 1: So I am back in and I am enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Are you enjoying the fame aspect of it?
Speaker 1: No, But I mean well in the sense that people are listening like this, doing this with you is super fun, and like the fact that people comment and like like us, and the fact that I was able to make something like red Weather. Sure, you know, something that I believed in that was a creative thing was entirely because of fame. Like fame is it's it's it's like money, you know, it's you can knock it all you want, but it is power. Now it's a case so and and and it's allowed me to do a lot of things that I do really love and and I do I don't love I guess I do love connecting with an audience authentically. I think the problem for me actually was always connecting with an audience through the filter of only Boy Meets World and feeling stuck and limited by that because I felt like I was a disappointment to people if I was not Sean Hunter you know, it's like, right, I'm not as cool as Sean. I'm not come. I don't have great dialogue being written for me. I'm not you know, best friends with Corey. Whatever it is that they want, their their projection of me. I didn't feel like I could live up to it. So I always felt kind of like disappointing people. Whereas now I have a much more authentic relationship, so I can see wanting.
Speaker 2: Yes, But I also think that everything we're doing, going back to podmeats World, Boy Mets World, everything, it's all based around positivity, whereas this is literally the opposite. You would get more famous, more likes, more clicks. The more negative you are, well, the more you can hate watch this and the people there, and oh I hate Amanda now or oh I hate Kyle.
Speaker 3: Which is such a different way of coming off of being famous.
Speaker 1: I really I wonder like, and I'm honestly like, I don't know, is there a like you know? Because I you know this. The tilt in reality television has been away from the sort of early era negativity and like exploitation of people who didn't know what they were signing up for whatever, right you know it too, more of like a British bake off, like let's all be positive, let's say, and that's what I've you know, we talked about this Survivor like I feel like Survivor morphed and oh, American Idol is probably the most extreme example. They used to just make fun of contestants half the time. And that's what you'sulting, right, Yeah, that's gone. Like now it's like everybody has a shot, everybody's taken care of, and even if somebody's a bad singer, it might lead to some awkwardness, but it's not. The show itself is not mocking them. So I wonder if there's a version of a Bravo style like Group of Friends show that doesn't play to this sort of toxicity. I would love to watch that.
Speaker 3: Actually I agree.
Speaker 2: I was literally physically uncomfortable watching this, and so I don't I don't get the Yeah, I don't get the joy that people get. But again, it's the wonderful thing about television or music or any of that kind of stuff is what one person's gonna like, the other person's not gonna like.
Speaker 3: It's just how it is. I don't like country music. That doesn't mean country music sucks.
Speaker 2: It means I just don't like it, so, you know, yeah, that's I just don't like Bravo just my thing, not my thing.
Speaker 1: Well, Georgina jumps in and clarifies that she would have preferred that Whitney is doing it all for the fame because watching the show, Kenny was simply attacking all of their friends. Kenny says that maybe this is his time to own it and this I think Kenny comes across from the show as somebody who's willing to own up to his mistakes.
Speaker 3: But I agree with them, yep.
Speaker 1: And he seems like, you know, as much as like him and Whitney probably aren't the type of people I would hang out with. They seem like they've they've they're level headed, at least to a certain degree of like, let's have our personal life and let's have our public life, and let's make sure that we navigate this directly. You know, everyone else, I'm a little like you haven't figured this out. I don't know anyway. Kenny says he owns his you knowavior a little bit, but he did feel defensive because he thought his relationship was being attacked and question if you were asks lindsay, you were upset about Danielle's comments, but Danielle was looking out for you in relationships. It seems like you want blindly loyal friends, which goes back she tells Minions. Yeah, of course I would say she kind of does.
Speaker 3: Of course she does.
Speaker 1: Maybe if she just said, like, yeah, I want blindly loyal friends, yes, could have been.
Speaker 2: She wants to be the alpha in her click and she wants blindly loyal friends. She wants she wants a double standard. She wants to live her life the way she wants to live her life, but she wants her friends around her to be blindly loyal to her.
Speaker 1: And Lexi the Andy Cohen asked, Lexi, is lindsay a mean girl is part of like the leader of a mean girl crew? Lexi says no, but then Danielle says it's lonely on the outside, and it seems like, yeah, there's a pretty tight knit group of girls and Danielle has been pushed out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kenny asks Amanda to repeat something that she says.
Speaker 3: Say that thing again that made me upset the first time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Amanda says, maybe the problem with this crew is that all three of these girls jump in and answer for each other, and Kenny says, yes, that's the issue, that is the major issue, but he still apologizes for using the word minion and Lindsay's wearing minion yellow.
Speaker 4: Yeah she was, and we.
Speaker 1: Get Kenny's father recap moment. This is probably the least interesting part of the season, but actually the most personal and real, the most dramatic. This is you know, maybe what another show could just focus on is this kind of human drama, which seems really nice. Have they done a reality show with finding like parents and siblings and have they done that before? Yeah? I think so. I mean there's the one where they do like DNA tests, so yeah, smart. Yeah. Lindsay weighs in and you know connects with watching the show how it made her very emotional. But her situation with her mom is actually pretty different because you know, her mom knows where she is and.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, which has to be which also I mean again not to get psychobabble or into that any of that kind of stuff, but you know, having that I have to imagine having as a woman. I couldn't imagine what it's like with a woman and her mother, but it must make you not trust people, especially maybe other women, nearly as much as you would have had you had a stable kind of.
Speaker 3: Upbringing with the woman in your life. So I mean, I don't know, it's yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Also, just think about in terms of like found family, Yeah, being really important, hugely important. And the thing that you get from family is unconditional love. And that's kind of what the blind loyalty that she wants from her friends is, right, she wants uncondition of course, she can't make a mistake.
Speaker 2: Why why most kids, most kids are that are in gangs are from broken families because they go and they find their that's their family, and they're willing to die, die literally die and kill for their family. And that's why all these young kids find that because they don't have it at home, so they go, they join these they find their family.
Speaker 1: They're willing to be more extra.
Speaker 2: And of course to fit in and to be loved and to be supported and of course, of course.
Speaker 1: Really interesting interpretation. I think there was a good psycho babble interpreted. Okay, Wit and Kenny are talking about getting engaged this year. I love this kind of I love how couples go through this where they know they're going to get engaged. They know the guy's going to go buy a ring, but they still have to act surprise and wait for their Well.
Speaker 2: Then it's about picking your moment. Yeah, it's not picking the moment to do it. Then, yeah, you hope it's a yeah, you hope it's not raining as you walk her through the woods.
Speaker 1: They definitely want kids too, They want a baby Minion, and we get the single mom card recap moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's bring up the fighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Whitney is really really sorry. She apologizes extensively ad nauseum. Lindsey then wants to point out that she doubled down with all this nanny comment and the host dress. Whitney, you know, can you think of can you give another example of the mom card? And Whitney can't, but she says it's not really about that, it was about the entitlement. Lindsay again asked for another example. Kenny and Whitney are like, she just said it was about the entitlement, not the times that you were actually like playing the mom card, and Lindsay just goes off. Doesn't seem like she's happy about this, And our first episode ends with Kenny saying, you collect apologies like you collect souls, which sounds like a like a I don't know what it means though why it does work. But I was like, yeah, apologies like you collect souls. It is any She's like the devil collecting souls, I know.
Speaker 3: But it's also like I don't.
Speaker 2: And this is the things when you get people like this, and it's not just Lindsay but specifically her, when you get things like, well, I don't accept your apology right now.
Speaker 1: I know what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Am I did you sentence me?
Speaker 2: Do I have a six month sentence before you accept the apology that I gave you? Like, how does that work? And then you're also telling me that I need to apologize to every mother in the history. It's like, really, come on, dude, let's relax.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's Episode two is Lindsay begins with Lindsay, you know, not accepting the apology for now.
Speaker 3: Not accepting your apology for now.
Speaker 1: But I mean Lindsay and Ivon have made up and are now talking every day. In fact, Nick feels like he's in a throuple. Sounds fun.
Speaker 2: I'll take two women. I don't want to be to thrupple with for a thousand oles.
Speaker 1: Well, then we get into the investigating Owen portion of the evening, where they were acting like a couple of private dicks.
Speaker 2: Owen's over this O, this entire experiment is this whole thing's I guess.
Speaker 3: Dude wants to be back in Ireland so fast.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 3: I do too, I do too.
Speaker 1: He gets a little spicy in this, he gets spicier in this than he's ever been, and rightfully so. But also, dude, just stop showing up. It's never because even though he looks the best and he has the most like sort of he still ends up looking somewhat bad, you know what I mean, Like you just can't, you cannot, You cannot be in this without mud getting flings on you. It's just too bad, all right. Then we get a whole discussion about the O T P HJ. Over the pants hand job.
Speaker 3: Job.
Speaker 1: I had so much. We need all this discussion.
Speaker 3: This is this is an acronym. This is that we need we need we no.
Speaker 2: No, is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Apparently apparently one I didn't important.
Speaker 1: Thing for a producer Maddy to weigh in on isn't over the pants hand job of the real thing O T P h J. I had never heard it, And okay, you have spoken, the youngs have spoken. It's not a thing. I don't know. It's not there's like, there's gotta be a better way to say it. A pantsy.
Speaker 3: I prefer pants handy.
Speaker 2: I prefer a U T P b J. Is under the pants blow job, that's better one. So yeah, it's like and even says Andy Colin's like, what is that just rubbing his dick?
Speaker 3: Like she literally says that it's like, okay, so.
Speaker 1: What I just don't like, I would never want to sit around with my friends talking about whether like just get over it.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then she also said it was like six years.
Speaker 2: Ago, right, so you were so as far as I can understand, they dated for a while, they broke up, and then after they broke up, they were in a cab her friend, and then she and they made out and they rubbed on each other.
Speaker 1: But also she says, like, it's not what happened, so take it. Just be like, Okay, then that's not what happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do it with a union about bringing that up again?
Speaker 1: Owen like once he jumps in and this is where he says, look my partner's pregnant, doesn't want this toxic stuff around. And then Lindsey reacts with extreme sarcasm, saying like, is it that crazy, Owen, which I guess means that Danielle was toxic when.
Speaker 3: She was she was friend okay, but I've.
Speaker 1: Completely lost a threat of and anyways, it's like and Owen says, there's one common denominator to all the toxic drama here, and that's you, Lindsay, which brings up the lindsay, what are you doing on this show? Which brings us to Dressgate? And I kind of can't believe that Evon is still digging in on Dressgate.
Speaker 5: I can't either.
Speaker 1: We find out that not only did the Danielle text it to Yvonne, but everybody apparently said pictures.
Speaker 3: What more do you want?
Speaker 1: It's not enough. This is where Owen loses his cool and says an idiot under idiot, So yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like I sent you pictures.
Speaker 1: Danielle does apologize for using the word bitch, which I think is worthy of apologizing.
Speaker 2: Well, and by the way, she apologized several times during this thing. She came off as kind of fair and measured. During this time trying to be Yeah, trying to yes, trying to yes.
Speaker 1: Host asks whether Danielle trusts Amanda, and she is vindicated by Amanda dating West because she never trusted Amanda, and Amanda's fine with that. Actually that Amanda also come across came rous pretty well.
Speaker 3: She had to.
Speaker 2: I think she had to just know she was gonna take it on the chin every time, body blow after body blow, and I just have to sit here and smile.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: So she takes this and says, like, Yep, it makes sense. You didn't trust me and probably shouldn't because we didn't really know each other.
Speaker 2: By the way, look at this puppy I brought along, like it's what she has to be like, Hey, made it a bit of a flower.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Comes out that she hadn't even texted Danielle and apologized for digging on her before the cameras were rolling, and Danielle appreciates that. Amanda reiterates the apology now. Then the host asked Amanda about Sierra and the sort of summer house reunion, which we haven't seen, so I don't know, but she asks, He asks, why couldn't she apologize as sincerely? Then to Sierra again, Amanda says, cut to foot, I was defensive yep. And then Owens ass if he was purposely being vague about his divorce and he says, yeah, yeah, because it was a legal issue, and then Gavin jumps in. He says, well, it would have been nice to know that. If that is just given the answer, then he doesn't know this group. He doesn't didn't really want to open up. The host asks him directly if it was because of the cameras, and I was surprised that Owen doesn't say yes. He says not really, it's more about just the other guys, and that the other guys were bringing it up because of the cameras. They were the ones only talking about this issue, which I think is kind of obvious. But they say no, you know, Gavin says, you told us not to ask about it, because well, Owen says they were obviously asking about it for the cameras because no one's checked in sense, And Gavin says, no, you told us not to ask. So this is weird back and forth here.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I was like, just leave the poor guys alone. Let him get his divorce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also love the fact that he's like, look, I was saying, he didn't say it this way, but he's like, I was essentially thrown on a reality show.
Speaker 3: I don't know any of these people.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, I'm supposed to sit there and talk about something horrible.
Speaker 3: I'm going through with strangers.
Speaker 1: Which has legal ramifications?
Speaker 3: Right, which has legal or exactly? And then people are like, wow, you didn't really want to open up.
Speaker 1: No shit, also totally fine, you don't want to open him? Yes, yes, that is prerogative.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: The host goes back to Lindsay and Danielle. Can you be friends? And Danielle says, you know, as long as Lindsay doesn't keep a list of grievances like she has, which it seems like Lindsay is willing to let go maybe and start keeping a new list. I'm sure. Back to Kaimanda, we get a recap of that all whole drama, which was kind of the driving story line I would say of the.
Speaker 3: Season Kaimanda and he asks Kyle.
Speaker 1: Were you grateful that Amanda moved out? And he gives us interesting answer you know where he admits that he wasn't going to be the one to instigate a breakup, and so he was glad in a way that it worked out the way it did because she started it.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Obviously weren't gonna last. I wasn't gonna they weren't gonna, you know, but host wants more drama. Let's talk about how Kyle made out with a woman while they were still together. Let's gets into a pretty lame defense on Kyle's part that he may not have been making out. He may have just been dancing very close.
Speaker 2: Okay, And even Amanda says, like, all right, but you're married. You're dancing close enough to where someone takes a picture where it could at least be construed as you're making out with somebody.
Speaker 1: Andy Cohen just wants more drama, though, so he goes, is there anything else? And then Amanda says the sentence which I found really interested. She goes, well, I don't know, because I haven't been on the internet in a minute, as if that's the source of info. Like of course, She's like, she's basically just waiting for people to post pictures or bad intel or you know, gossip about her ex husband so she can feel vindicated, just like, don't go just don't do any of this talk to Kyle.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course not.
Speaker 2: Do you think there was ever a common station at any level to where they were just like, why don't we just do an open relationship, Like, let's just have an open relationship. It just seems you don't want to have sex. I do, we still like each other. Let's keep the apartment and let's just be open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's funny. Actually, you know, I feel like a lot of people these days have been trying those kinds of arrangements. Yeah, you know where people like just stay together and you know, like yeah, they have like I don't know, like some it doesn't have to be polyamorous, but some sort of like understanding. Sure that is fine, you know, yeah, but I'm curious if that's ever happened on a show like this. Yes, these shows tend to be kind of conservative, right, It's like they really channel towards marriage and children, like a traditional family values, you know, like it seems like they cast.
Speaker 2: In that direction or the ultimate single life where you're out being with everybody you can possibly be right, meaning it's like it's never like a twist on something traditional it's never like a different version of marriage.
Speaker 3: No, No, you know, it's never like that.
Speaker 1: No, And I would argue that the party area single, that's right, And I think the single side is always with the goal of person right, right, because even Lindsay is sort of portrayed as a tragic single mom just wanted to have fun. But I don't think that, like the story isn't done yet, do you know what I mean? The sense is like she's gonna eventually find that guy. It's still the goal. It's like a very very conservative.
Speaker 3: I've got to imagine that.
Speaker 2: Also, speaking of Lindsay, that Frank the Milkman obviously doesn't want to be on a reality show.
Speaker 3: He came on once.
Speaker 2: But if they're still together and they've been dating and they had we're seeing each other throughout the entire series. He was like, I don't, well, why wouldn't he be on? Oh no, he doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: He's like, he doesn't. I think he just didn't. I think their relationship they only went on that one day or whatever, like they didn't have enough for this season.
Speaker 2: He's been on another Bravo show before this. What was he on before this?
Speaker 1: He's perfect for her, he was dating someone on a Real Housewives show, So yeah, come, that's role on.
Speaker 3: They all just passed Frank the milk. He's passed around like a bottle of milk.
Speaker 1: He's like the kookie neighbor in one that then goes to be the kookie dahbor on another sitcom.
Speaker 3: Wait, he just dated that chick on Bewitched last week. Yeah, exactly. Oh man, Oh they love his milk.
Speaker 6: Ill Maddie, Ill, Maddie, oh, Maddie.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, then Lindsay asks Amanda directly, why didn't you have sex for four years Lindsay. Amanda says it was depression, and then she goes back to even before they were married and how Kyle didn't court her. Kyle defends himself by saying he was working really hard, and she says he told her to read a book on dating an entrepreneur. Then he says it's.
Speaker 3: A it was a really good book. It was a really good book.
Speaker 1: I thought that was the stair. I'm still like, you know, I told you to read the book. If you read the book, maybe this would make sense.
Speaker 3: You would have known. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, though, if if she's dealing with serious depression, which I'm lucky. I did dealt with anxiety and never had a day depression in my life. But I've talked to people that have dealt with serious depression. Apparently, like one of the first things that does goes your sex life, Like it just it zaps you. It's just you're gone.
Speaker 3: From that well.
Speaker 1: And the real sad thing is the oftentimes the medication you take to get yourself out of refford also reduces yourself exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, So, I mean, that's no joke.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, that's something that you as partners work on and you find other forms of intimacy. If you can't do that and you holdly, I mean, there's ways where you it's a work around where it didn't seem like that. I mean, this just seems like two people that you just never have been together.
Speaker 1: She tells a story about him blowing a raspberry on a girl's neck in front of her.
Speaker 3: Well, I love his I love his answer.
Speaker 2: You were right there, Like I wasn't trying to be shady. I sucked on a girl's neck in front of.
Speaker 5: You, babe.
Speaker 1: They're like that shady doing that in front of your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: You were there, babe. I wasn't trying to hide anything. God, she gave me an ot HJ BBC right right in front of you.
Speaker 3: What's the problem.
Speaker 1: Kyle should just have nodded, like the dancing too close and then now defending putting his mouth on a woman's neck. Just stop, just nod and say, yep, my bad, glad we're not together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you're right. I was a shitty partner. You were a shitty partner. We shouldn't have been together. Go be the happiest you can be. But you no longer get to criticize me for how I find my happiness, and that's drinking and partying and hooking up with other people. That's if he wants to own it.
Speaker 3: Own it. Not my lifestyle, but own it.
Speaker 1: We got a recap of Gavin stir in the pot at the wedding.
Speaker 3: Gavin, he has no regrets.
Speaker 1: Can you believe it? Gavin stoked?
Speaker 5: I came to stop.
Speaker 3: Coster no regrets for Gavin.
Speaker 1: Uh, Kyle's drinking comes up. Surprise, surprise. We got a recap from a previous season which we had not seen, where he really says some pretty awful things.
Speaker 4: Off the doors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the host kind of directly as if they had fights like this often, and they both say yes. Kyle tries to sort of deflect and say, oh that that was summerhouse. Yeah. So Kyle, you know, tries to say, well, we're both equally responsible for this, but the host kind of digs down, and you know, Amanda's like, you know what does she say?
Speaker 2: Ugh?
Speaker 1: Ice is what he yes, she gave him, but and he's like, she did, Yeah, Kyle. This is a problem with this whole reunion show is like, you know, because at this point, even if Kyle, everyone looks bad, like, there's no way anybody wins in this situation.
Speaker 2: No, of course not God, yeah, it's it's it's just everybody down in the mud. You said it the best way. Nobody nobody comes up clean. And that's and they love it. They love that because now people will tune in for the next season.
Speaker 1: Then the actual divorce comes up, the fact that Kyle has made some requests like get your stuff out of my apartment, which after nine months I like that. Everyone's like, that's pretty bad about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get Amandica.
Speaker 1: He is still paying her health insurance and she just says thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's got to change.
Speaker 1: But then Georgina jumps in with this, like, Kyle, you've got the golden ticket because everyone was after you. But now, because of the way a man has acted, you're looking like a hero. You were about to get canceled, which I guess is true. Yeah, and then you know, Kyle says that he is ultimately happy that they're divorced and that they still have a lot of love for each other. And then he says what I think is the most salient point of this entire episode and reunion, It hasn't been easy working through issues on camera for ten years. Yes, so turn off the camera's wife.
Speaker 3: What's more important?
Speaker 1: Yes? If you saw that, what probably was, you know, a chance at a real relationship that you wanted ten years ago fall apart in part because of the cameras. Yep, and you know, maybe just walk away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You literally have to decide what's what's more important? Is the show more important or is your relationship more important? And if your marriage is more important, you leave the show. It wasn't And so now you've got to navigate this for a decade with everybody watching.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, shocker, it didn't work.
Speaker 1: Gavin and Kenny are good now. Then they cover the accidental marriage in Peru that Kenny and Whitney have. Kenny reiterates, I'm marrying this girl. Andrea and Lexi are having slightly less sex. Good to know it's pregnant.
Speaker 2: He did he even speak Andrea the entire I don't think he even opened his mouth. Neither did Lexi. The two of them just sat there because they kind of didn't. They weren't really involved other than the one scene with Andrea where he's like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not talking to a wall. Other than that that one there, really they.
Speaker 1: Say anything much either. Danielle and Owen are stoked to raise an Irish Puerto Rican New Yorker. Amanda stays big about her and West and their future. She's choosing to not look too far into the future, and then Kyle declares it should be a fun summer. It will be a fun summer, but not a summer that Wilfredell will be watching.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Well, also, Amanda's not on it anymore, right, and West isn't gonna be on it anymore. So they're taking all the all the people that are part of the So.
Speaker 1: Is the idea that the summer we roll into the Summer House as a show, and then back to In the City next all, I guess, okay, so really, yeah, that's a lot, that's a lot to watch. Yeah, well, I will say, I'm gonna ask Maddie to keep me updated. I'm not gonna watch, but I'm gonna ask Maddie. I'm gonna check it out. I want to know at the end of this summer, Kyle's I think you could give me. I think you're gonna be able to just give me, probably in like a two minute conversation, what happens the entire summer, Because because it is pretty slight, if we were to sum up this entire season of In the City, I would say, Kyle and Amanda had a slow, painful breakup, and Kenny found his dad and other people, yeah, he Kenny found his dad. Those are the two like actually great, you know life moments that changed things in people's lives. Otherwise, a lot of miscommunications, slights and misunderstandings and half half apologies. I would say, yeah, but maybe there'll be more drama next fall because everyone will be having a baby, and maybe it'll be more like actual life you know stuff.
Speaker 2: I can't wait till the babies start fighting when they're gonna be like, you, can you believe what he said about me?
Speaker 3: I can't believe she said this about me.
Speaker 2: And then it's yeah, you see Andy Cohen, babe just sitting around with a bunch of babies.
Speaker 3: That'll be next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my pacifiers called.
Speaker 3: In the shitty diaper.
Speaker 1: That's what the name of the All Right, this puts it end to uh in the city you've been listening to pod Meats twirld. The parties may end, the friendships may fracture, and the artisanal cocktails may lose their garnish. But our deeply overqualified analysis of telephise social catastrophe may endure. But we're gonna leave it here for now and move on to another show until next time. Trap you're smoking
Speaker 6: M hm