Speaker 1: Welcome to pod meets Twirld, a podcast from two guys who had never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars but took it on and walked away experts. So now we turn to Traders, another show I've never seen, while Will is convinced he could win it. We are Wilfred Ellen Ryder Strong, two best friends, won a TV expert, one a TV skeptic, both dance scholars join us as we step into a castle full of lies, alliances, and over the top wardrobe choices.
Speaker 2: This is pod meets Twirld.
Speaker 1: Trading places dramatic cloak reveal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't just take their cloak off. The turn is good to do the turn. That's my that's my emperor. Yeah, the Emperor, Young Skywalker.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid that delector Shield will be fully of operation. Visual jokes on the podcast so many, I know, look at this space, I can make all right, Traders. Oh man, I am I'm in deep, I'm sucked in. But I'm also I'm having lots.
Speaker 2: Of strange feelings.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we can talk about it, stuck it out, you know, Like here, I've just had a complicated relationship with reality TV in general. I was one of those people who really really hated it too. Yeah, and you know, partly because it you know, it was killing our industry like it is, yeah it still is. But when we were finishing boy Mes World, reality was ascendant, Like do you remember, it was like a big deal that the game shows were coming back because Who Wants to Be a Millionaire was taken off and they decided to put it on every night, and so like shows, like traditional television shows with and acting and all of the things was too expensive and those jobs started going away. And then we had the strike, the writer's strike, the old writer strike. There's been so many now, I know anyway, I you know, so I was always pretty negative and you know about it for that reason, but that also just the culture, the culture of reality TV I never really liked, and.
Speaker 2: I agree it's there's there's very few traditional quote unquote reality TV shows that are upbeat and happy. It's all about backstabbing and drunkenness and you know, getting arrested. Sue and I, because we're gluttons for punishment, are rewatching Jersey Shore, the original series of See that's that's kind of magically wonderfully awe.
Speaker 1: But I I guess I like, you know, Survivor was the only time I really embraced it. Was like, while my wife was pregnant for whatever reason, she was like, let's watch Survivor and I started getting into itvance So that was eleven years ago a half years ago, and I got really into it and I could see, you know, I could see it as like a sort of a physical challenge that was cool, and it never felt I don't know, that show always felt wholesome in a way that other reality shows didn't anyway. Long way to say, during this episode of Traders, I found myself wanting Michael Rapaport to be awful because it was.
Speaker 2: Entertaining, right and it worked.
Speaker 1: That was the part of my brain that I don't like indulgence, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It felt toxic.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I hope they don't kick Michael off because I really like watching him just get a dick and like say stupid things. And in a weird way, I was liking him for things that I don't like in real life at all, Like I don't like you know, and I just I know that that's kind of a standard reality show like viewing mode.
Speaker 2: But I think it's really awful for us.
Speaker 1: I think it's awful for us as individuals, and I think it's really awful for us as a culture because I think it's part of the reason our politics are the way they are right now. It's like we're almost like it's excitement and energy more than like being a good person or being clear about what you're saying. It's more just like, let's just watch fireworks, like human fireworks, like bombs going off. And I just hate that I started to feel that way.
Speaker 2: I know, well, it's it's also it's so much easier to hate than it is to love. It's so much easier to destroy a house than it is to build one. That's just the way it is. And so we're kind of always appealing to the lowest common denominator, which is one of the reasons that Sue and I really have our reality TV other than Traders, which is a total guilty pleasure thing is really skill based or talent based, right like chef shows, chef shows or maybe an occasional singing show like Dancing with Stars. Was that was interesting to me, like how you have to learn the process and learn all about this kind of subworld and all that stuff that was really cool. And that's one other reason why we love the Great British Big Show. It's just people baking that are helping each other. It's really nice. But this is, I mean, again with all the stuff you're talking about, Michael, most people don't go to NASCAR to watch the cars go around in the circle. You go to watch a wreck, of course, and that's what you're That's what it is with this and you're sitting there you're hoping it's funny. An article came out I'm going to misquote it, and I don't know who wrote it, so you know, essentially all the news nowadays. I read it once online, so now I'm talking about it as if it was a real thing. But somebody wrote an article about how great it was to have quote unquote TV Villains back with Michael talking about Michael Rappermarkt where it was like it was a joy to have this back, and it was like is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it's an interest. This show is so interesting because it's like it it seems to constantly be like, you know, really what it is. It's a role playing game. This is it's still playing D and D it's a murder mystery. Yes, weekend night weekend right, So there, so they're all role playing, and like I think that there's a there's an element of that which you know obviously like come in with his costumes and then everything. They're all kind of leaning into this like arch villainy sort of fun thing. Yeah, and so that kind of makes it okay when they're kind of but they also, like in this opening of this episode, when like they're like mean to each other, they say things that I'm like.
Speaker 2: I would I wouldn't be okay, Like.
Speaker 1: If somebody said that to me, even in the context of a role play, like I'd be like, dude, you know, like when well, we just get into it, but when you know, they murder her in this and she's like you bitch, yeah, and I'm like, is she's kind of not joking.
Speaker 2: I by accident watched thirty seconds of Housewives once because I walked into a room and literally the door locked behind me and I couldn't get out fast enough. And that's but that's what it is. It'sh drunken women backstabbing each other, talking about their husbands, talking about their families. I can't believe you said that about me. It's the worst of society. And the problem is we are making them that this is what this is. This is D and D role playing game coupled with alcohol, coupled with the unwarranted arrogance of quote unquote celebrity. So you put it all together and it's just a beautiful mess of an awful symphony of gorgeousness. So yeah, and it just it does. It sucks you and you don't want to watch and you can't look away. It's awful, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, in the breakfast room, Ron was the first faithful tied to a tree from the night before who showed up and wasn't murdered. They started asking him questions about what happened.
Speaker 2: Smart by the way, you got to see if everybody gets their story straight, totally, totally.
Speaker 1: And then Lisa walked in and she is one of the traders and really a bad liar.
Speaker 2: I hope they I was like, maybe she told the best story in the world, and they just edited it to me like she couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I had the same thought because they added all those extra pauses.
Speaker 2: And I mean that was no one would have believed her ever ever with that story it was like, dude, come up with make up something they can get a little bit.
Speaker 1: I know it was bad, but but yeah, she just she also just like overdid it?
Speaker 2: You know, she's like talking too much. Yes, like you are a lie. Simple it's the easiest thing to do, right or simple.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe no one really caught onto it. I mean, I know, like you're saying, I think there was some selective editing going on to make it.
Speaker 2: But even if you just took what she was saying.
Speaker 1: Like the way she was getting so into it, I was like, uh okay, yeah, and uh oh. And then Ron had this this whole thing about how he heard light footsteps, which is actually pretty good, like yes, you know, a good.
Speaker 2: Heavy guy is going to make different footsteps than a light little woman.
Speaker 1: And there were there are two women and that, you know, But immediately he picked the wrong person, went for Mara, who's like even tinier, I guess, but like, yeah, but it.
Speaker 2: Was a good theory, you know. And I don't think it's her. I don't take it. I don't think it's her. I don't take it to her. I do want to take it to her.
Speaker 1: I like, man, Ron, he is just always on the outside of this entire.
Speaker 2: Game now just pissed, like he's just walking around. I agree, really get it.
Speaker 1: Like they're all still like bringing up Porsche and him like turning on her. But meanwhile he's the only he's actually giving evidence, which he did, like this is a good goal, Like I meanwhile, Colton's.
Speaker 2: Just pointing at people, going I think it's I think it's just like throwing out theories. But everyone likes him better socially.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, do Ron, you know it's it's a little like I don't know, there's a bias. There's you know, it's a kind of bias against Ron that I'm not because watching it, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I like this guy. He's funny. He's like he's the Danielle of this and they're all dancing with the stars. Judges, that's what That's what's going on, because I will.
Speaker 3: Tell you firsthand. Ron Funcius is known as one of the nicest guys in comedy.
Speaker 2: He seems like he would be yes.
Speaker 3: Yes meets World fan. By the way, is he really really know that I Have'm friends with run?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, it's so cool. I feel sorry for him. Maddie too.
Speaker 1: I'm watching this going like why do they keep going up against him? And he's like he doesn't give him any reason.
Speaker 2: He how do you play if every time you open your mouth somebody thinks that you're you need to be kicked off? Which is where it is with him now. It's like he can't even like, well, here's the thing I saw. It's like I don't trust that rong. It's like, oh my god, how AMU? Can I even say anything anymore? I guess just get there early, eat the smoked salmon that apparently everybody wants. Yeah, there's like this low key like b plot going through the whole episodes now about smoke salmon. I let smoke salmon. You're in Scotland. Just go outside. You literally just hold your hand up. But if salmon comes into your hand, it's that easy, Like, can't they just provide more smokes?
Speaker 1: I'm hoping there's a payoff to this by like the next episode there's like another it's.
Speaker 2: Just a room with salmon, yes, Like all how hard of that? They all want smoked salmon. It's pretty much it's obvious.
Speaker 1: Oh and then Michael Rapperport talks a little bit about his tone and uh, how he is how he talks, which is it is sick. He has a very like, you know, shit talking tone and he just doesn't shut it up.
Speaker 2: How long would that last? He's like, I'm gonna change my ways. That was like a minute, two minutes? God, Yeah, he is a character. Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: Well then Eric comes in and he was one, you know, up for Murder two, and he tells the camera, not the crowd.
Speaker 2: He tells the camera that he had heard a laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So immediately I thought this was gonna pay off. I was like, that's pretty because, I mean, a laugh is very specific and like he says later in the episode, he's a musician. But so I was stoked on this. I was like, again, that's actual evidence. It's not just like, oh I don't like this person or whatever. It was like, yeah, that's yep, all right. It was it was Caroline who was killed.
Speaker 2: I think she was still killed for the first jacket she wash it while she was there, that giant with the huge shoulder pads. I still think that's why she was killed. Eventually, Yeah, I couldn't get over it. So that's it, you're out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I mean I thought this was kind of a smart move to kill her because they had been taking out all the gamers, right and it was like time to like kill a housewive to throw the scent off of the housewives, because there's two housewives on the trading team.
Speaker 2: We also thought Ron was going to be voted off the next day anyway, So two birds with one stone get rid of two faithfuls right away, which is it's good playing. By the way, rob In is just overalls is turning out to be a genius at this game. I don't know how it's possible, but all of a sudden, he's turned into Sherlock Holmes out there. Well, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: He's in a great position to be a trader because he's you know, I think he can be low key, yes, you know what I mean, Like he's not anything from him Yeah, exactly, So he's playing it.
Speaker 2: He's flying perfectly, flying under the radar. Really well, nobody other than one thing, which we'll get into later, nobody has even mentioned any of these three as possibilities of being traders.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so when they confront, they do a face to face murder with Caroline, And this was when I was like man, the way they're talking to each other, it's the game.
Speaker 2: Because she was like, I'll see you at Bravo Con.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like.
Speaker 2: Whoa are we going to lose a friendship over this? You wonder that you bitch. What do you think would happen if if you and I were on the show and I pull off my mask and there's you standing there as a trader, I'd be like, you asshole, right, but with a big smile, Yeah, that's true, you know, yeah, of course, of course. And I mean I'm maybe they are and this, you know, I'm like probably reading too much into it, but I guess also because of what happens throughout this episode and the next episode, which we'll talk about, because they both dropped at the same time. You know, it gets right up to the line of like is this like really yeah, Like because Ron gets into it too. They you know, they're like when he later when he's like, I don't want to know about your family, I don't care about your you know, like my family's done your business or something like. We're right up to the line of it, and you know, this a game, but I guess at the same time, it's also a television show. And it's also for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, right, so it's like it's it's they're playing to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, after breakfast, they all they all split up, and you know, Ron is pretty much everyone's target. Tiffany is totally pushing for Ron, like not really sure why.
Speaker 2: Now they've just they're convinced. They're all convinced from the beginning. Yep.
Speaker 1: And meanwhile Colton begins gunning for Tiffany, which kind of actually makes sense, Like I can understand this his like because she is like making decisions and trying to run a lot of isn't Candace doing that too?
Speaker 2: At like every roundtable and yet nobody's talking about Candace.
Speaker 1: Well, I felt like this episode Candace finally pulled it back. In those first couple of episodes, I was like, lady, you're just making too much of a scene. You're gonna be that you're you're the ring leader and everybody sees you being a ring lead, yes, which just seems like a bad strategy. No matter what, whether you're a trader or whether you're a faithful it seems like all you do is put a target on your back when you start pointy fingers. So like Colton and Tiffany both just put themselves out there, and I mean Colton is like both of them are like consciously saying I'm going to play aggressively.
Speaker 2: I've got but I just don't know if it's a good move. Like I don't either. I think, fly under the radar and be really good at the challenges. Yes, that's the way to get as far as you can in the game, Trader or faithful. Just do keep your head down. If you can get a shield, great, but if not, become indispensable in all the challenges and keep your head down.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the whole shield thing, well we'll get into it because I didn't know they didn't explain it because I guess this has been on previous seasons. Yeah, but when we get to that, I had so many questions. I was very upset that I wasn't explained. All right, but the mission in this episode is throwing spears at beasts.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: This thing's so great. So do they ever repeat have you seen this before?
Speaker 2: I don't think I've seen this one before.
Speaker 1: No. I mean this is like a straight ripoff of the movie wicker Man, like it's flawed like Culty, sort of like Northern England.
Speaker 2: Spooky out of my effigies.
Speaker 1: Oh god, the little stalls in the trees. It's full Blair Witch project. I loved it, but.
Speaker 2: I also love how none of the challenges are like you got to go find a spear and then put it into Wickerman. It's always like you've got to follow the shields to find the small wicked people, and then you find the spear, you bring it over, you light it, and then you yell into the It's it's like nine things you've got to do.
Speaker 1: It's so exactly the steps are crazy. I mean it's every single time I have to rewind alan comment is talking about and every time it doesn't matter. Every time I'm like, I think I kind of know what they have to do, but then I just don't.
Speaker 2: It's like every fourth coin would make the sixth coin worth anything except the second coin in the box, and you're like, what just happened exactly? It doesn't make.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they keep track of what they have to do, because like they yeah, okay, this is one involves fire. It looked good, but it's seriously, I rewound it like twice, and I was like, I hope.
Speaker 2: I because I still told why were the dolls there? Because the dolls signified the area in which the spear was going to be found.
Speaker 1: They just had to like dig around and find a spear because like they found the first doll.
Speaker 2: Was like, okay, they got the doll. What does that mean again the doll? We don't need the doll. It was there, so it's great. That's so great.
Speaker 1: But I do love them stabbing stabbing their fire in and shouting and.
Speaker 2: There shouting, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then the way Michael does it is the best.
Speaker 1: So then around this time is when Monett says he has vibes about Lisa ooh and.
Speaker 2: The first time we've heard one of the traders name said first.
Speaker 1: Time yes, And it's like it's it's amazing how often people say versions of this because they you know, like again they don't have evidence, they don't, but in this case, actually right, yeah, And this is one of those things like I have no idea, like if I didn't know who the traders were, like, I just have no idea how I'd feel about this, Like would I be would I have any idea? Look based on how these.
Speaker 2: People act actually sitting there watching the show. I so they have to bring back the secret Trader. I think so too. Man, it's I like knowing them, but I the not knowing was so much better. Maybe in the future they have one trader you know about and the other three year secret I mean I don't know something like that. I agree, man, I think there need to be teams. I think there's like like the secret team and a non secret team. That's a great way to do.
Speaker 1: Something like that because I just there's so much more. It's such a more active viewing experience when you're trying to figure out if you if you know who the trader is, agreed one under so much more of a like oh oh, because like as it is, you know, you're just kind of it's sort of like a self satisfying process because it is well, I'm kind of like, hmm, I'm so much smarter than that, but I'm actually not right.
Speaker 2: I'm just I just have all the knowledge they don't have because I want to watch Jeopardy and be able to answer the questions. If you know the answers already, then you're just watching to see if the contestants can answer the questions, which I guess is fine, but that's not why anybody watches Jeopardies. You watch because you want to know if you know the answers. That's a great parallel man, you know, It's like, that's what you want is And I loved the whole time. Every conversation Sue and I are having the whole time was who do you think the secret trader is? So who's the secret trader? Who's And now that that's gone, it's like, Okay, wow, Lisa Renna is a really bad liar or this, but it's kind of oh somebody said her name. So it's still enjoyable, but it's a different level when when you're playing along with everybody there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I almost feel like they would get even more content out of it.
Speaker 2: Because you could like replay moments. Oh you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like if if if they played this, you know, Lisa line at breakfast and it was just part of the show and I didn't know that she was a trader, and then I found out she was a trader, I would like then want to see that scene again. Yeah, like maybe feel differently, but it would.
Speaker 2: Be like, do you know what I mean? Great idea I.
Speaker 1: Wonder if there's I don't know, I wonder if they played around with all different ways. I was trying to think like how the show got developed, Like did they They must have done like a series of test pilots, right, yeah, sure, running around with.
Speaker 2: Like in the game in the UK, and they did. But it's also everything is so heightened when you're when you are the ones holding the secret. Do you remember Joe Show? So that first season at Josh Moo Show was the best, and there were so many times where they were quote unquote so close to losing it. Oh my god, we thought we blew it. We'd be And then at the end when they interviewed the main guy who was the shmo, He's like, I didn't see any of that, Like all the stuff you guys were freaked out about. I did not catch one single thing of that. So I think when you're actually in it, it's totally different. So the things we're seeing, as you know, as they're eating their salmon, we'd be like, wow, Lisa Renner's kind of not lying really well, or that story seemed weird, But when you're stared at breakfast, it's probably like she told her story and was like, oh, wow, crazy, I don't know, Yeah, I don't I just don't know how.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love to experiment with the four about a little yeah. But all right, so lots of uh Ron is like the first one, of course hauled out or set up for murder.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then we got Colton, who's gunning for Tiffany. Mark was the first one to shout of Ron right. Then Candice and Lisa, who are you know, on the same team at both traders. They their team chose Tiffany, and Tiffany came in and did monet. The next team picked Michael. But you know that's just because they don't like him.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course Michael uh picked Tara and just shouted her name over and over again. That Alan commits this little like commentary to the cameras, just.
Speaker 2: Like Michael not quite getting the doesn't have to shout it over and you can only see it once. Uh Steven gets picked.
Speaker 1: Who Steven's just been totally flying under the radar. I don't wait which one Stephen exactly exactly? I don't even know he's which one is he?
Speaker 3: Okay, he's the guy from like the Orange County Show, like the like the O C.
Speaker 2: Or whatever right from One Tree Hill.
Speaker 3: He was also on the reality show, but yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: On Laguna Beach too, One Tree Hill and Laguna Beach. Okay, gotcha, got you, got you, Steve.
Speaker 1: But he's been totally like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of a non kind of a non player.
Speaker 2: Yes, And did you see I love when they do the cutaways, especially when you know that they're all fake, that they're not staying in the castle. And do you see the one cutaway where he's just sitting in the chair and he's going through notes. Yeah, like he's been sitting there. We rewound it three times, laughing our ass off, like he's like sitting there, like, hm, who do I think? Oh god, it's the best I have been.
Speaker 3: Much like when you're a kid and you're like, what would my SNL shot be, like the like at a bar you look over shot.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to figure out what my trader shot would be, and I think mine would be in bed getting ready and I sort of like turn the turn the little reading light on and then I pull up a book and it says how to Live with a huge penis, Like I think that's the best possible, you know, like, obviously how to win traders is pretty good.
Speaker 1: But how to how to manage the giant that's great.
Speaker 3: I think that'd be the best.
Speaker 2: How to avoid lower back pain with a giant honking penis Yeah.
Speaker 3: Any food one is also funny. Like you're in bed or whatever and then you like turn on the light and you just pull out like big barbecue ribs and start snacking.
Speaker 2: See that. Yeah, that would be great too. I'm filling up water balloons for no reason, that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bunting pennies out of the jar exactly great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to think about what mine would be. We should shoot ours will which we should?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we totally be hysterical, just random ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well Steven's flat of the radar if and again, if this, if I were watching this not knowing who the traders are, I might think he's a trader because he's playing. It's so he's just letting everyone like go at each other and stand back.
Speaker 2: You also wonder what because apparently at one point we've heard some of the contestants saying things like, you know, I talked for twenty minutes at that roundtable, and they didn't put any of it in, I know, so you wonder what they're actually you know, using and what they aren't. And maybe the players are all talking more. They're just not as exciting a storyline. And here's my question about the roundtable. Is it a timed thing?
Speaker 3: No, it's just no. They just like that, like you're a big Survivor fan, Like I've heard over the years that some of those Survivor tribal councils are like six hours long.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they do the same thing apparently on Top Chef where the judges will collaborate for like five days, like five hours.
Speaker 3: And Bachelor too. Those Bachelor ones are at like two am and they can go to like five.
Speaker 1: So they just usually they're just letting them and Y film it. Yeah, and then Alan Commons just decides to step in and go all right, now we vote.
Speaker 2: My guess is when people start to repeat themselves again over which always happens in a conversation with that many people, that's when they'll be like, all right, now everybody's just saying the same thing, let's just jump in.
Speaker 1: But now Alan Commons does he ever jump into the roundtable?
Speaker 2: And like, nope, referee at all. Now I was amazed last time when in the last episode when Michael started to go after jam Jam and and Alan was like, you know what, why don't you save this for the roundtable? It's like, oh wow, he's stepping in and saying that. Even that was kind of out of character, which is great.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, Well, after Stephen was uh burned, I guess it's the yes Yes burned in effigy. Then h Mark marka Ballast's team chose Lisa, then Ron's team chose Moura, and then Natalie stabbed for Johnny and uh Mark and Colton found the last spear and they did jam Jam, who cried yeah, which I was a little like, are you really like it's emotional?
Speaker 2: You just had your effigy stabbed and then burned in a Scottish countryside.
Speaker 1: I guess I get confused sometimes, like I feel like I would be emotional about.
Speaker 2: Being banished, not about being murdered. Yeah, being murdered seems like it's an honor kind of exactly exactly like that one.
Speaker 1: We just don't like you exactly right, And and and obviously if jam Jam is feeling like they're not liking him because he has been on the chop. You know, he's been circulated as if he's a trader, like.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was a little like why like it was it was an interesting emotional I mean obviously it was real because I don't think he benefits.
Speaker 2: From an emotional dude. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then they were in the cars on the way back, and like I think it was Mara was talking about just taking it really personally, you know, she was like, you know, and Tiffany was gunning for Ron and turning Moura against him.
Speaker 2: It seems to be more personal this season than it was last season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, because I guess I expected more strategy.
Speaker 2: But as Faithful's what can you what kind of strategy can you have?
Speaker 1: Well, all the stuff about like hearing light footsteps a laugh, testing these people by you know, confronting them, like you know, seeing how they lie or answer a question that seems like more fun, but like just kind of picking on somebody because you don't like them, or they don't ask about your family or whatever I'm like, or because they burned your shield when reality is they had to burn somebody's shield, like somebody's up for murder. It's like, okay, but now we get this glorious shot that will live rent free in my mind forever of Michael rapperport.
Speaker 2: Eating Did you notice this? Did I notice it?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: One of the crazy he is like taking the plate, the plate? Did it level with his mouth? Just shoveling it in?
Speaker 1: I was like, who eats like that? A and then anyway, it's like that on camera? Unbelievable. I could we we stopped and we were like did we just see that? Like, how is that okay?
Speaker 2: Anywhere? Could get anywhere?
Speaker 1: Yes, this man, this is what he eats like in public on camera?
Speaker 2: What unbelievable. I was just wondering, like who hoses him down after dinner? Exactly? I just like, are we just going to tie a feedback to you next?
Speaker 1: Like what.
Speaker 2: Job?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 2: Job? Get it all the way around? Yes, it just and the condon it in there. It's like that is seriously, that is he's got to have ten older brothers and you just eat as fast as you can so you can eat. I just got it because I don't know where that's okay, Like, dude, did you learn to eat? That's why there's no salmon left? My God? Like God, don't put anything near his mouth. Yes, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: And this is about where I was like, I don't want him to leave, like I just it's my favorite everything everything I hate about this guy. I love.
Speaker 2: This is where the toxicity of.
Speaker 1: Reality TV leave God because I was just like, that's entertainment.
Speaker 2: Oh god watching to be Oh he is a character. He is a character. My God. That was great. Yep, all right.
Speaker 1: I feel like Tiffany is being very aggressive, you know, just not taking Colton's accusations and stride.
Speaker 2: But it seems like every time Coulton opens his mouth, everyone's like read. I think it's because he clocked uh a mom, uh uh Donna, yeah, Mama, Kelsey. Yeah that now he's got some cred to where when you talk to people are listening. But but it's also just he's the leader, like he's you know, he's got charisma and he sounds like he's making sense and he's got a plan, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But actually his plan is not based on much. His plan is just kind of like I.
Speaker 2: Think it's this person. Yeah, he'll say I'm taking a swing to night like exact, okay with.
Speaker 1: What yeah, whereas like Ron with his light steps facts.
Speaker 2: Nobody nobody cares about ron'stat. You know, yeah, nobody cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so roundtable gets pretty uh interesting. Yeah, when Eric lays out this laugh evidence, which it's just such a bummer.
Speaker 2: It's well, it's a bummer because it's the way he sets it up where he's like, I'm a musician. My ears are magical, their Elvin ears given to me by Yes, you know. It's like, oh God, and he's just he couldn't build it up anymore. I've won magical ear nineteen ninety seven through twenty eleven. It's like, oh God, and then he's wrong. It's just it's so it sucks because he really does swing for the fences. The traders are so happy, Oh my god, overjoyed. They don't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: I'm the second that that laugh, Like the evidence was presented one you know, you know that their hearts were just like, oh god, yep.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to say Candace. I thought he was going to say Candace. I don't know why, but I thought it was like it was you, Candace, And I was like, and then it was going to be this amazing kind of like I'm waiting for the moment of the when I'm on the show, I get to take off my mask and I noticed the small crumpled shoulder of one person where Alan had actually tapped them on the shoulder to pick them as a trader, and you call out the perfect thing, Like I thought that was this, Like I heard a laugh and it was like, Oh, he's gonna say Candace's kid. I was like, ugh, and then nope, no, not a thing, no, nope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it lined up perfectly with Colton's Tiffany theory perfectly. Pretty much everybody just yeped for Tiffany, which yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I I could see.
Speaker 1: Myself like I would totally trust that because it actually has some logic.
Speaker 2: Most people said it wasn't Colton either. A lot of people afterwards said when I heard what Eric said, yeah, and that's what made me change my vote. And so it's you are looking for somebody who has here's the thing. They're looking for somebody who has solid evidence unless it's coming from Ron and then they and then they don't care. Anybody care exactly.
Speaker 1: And it's it's you know, like Colton and Eric like the response after like this if by the logic that they're going after Ron or they've gone after a lot of people, they should turn on Colton and Eric and they don't.
Speaker 2: Nope at all, although spoiler alert in later episodes. In a later episode, it seems like Colton's name is now starting to be thrown around a bit. Yes, yes, but not.
Speaker 1: Eric's not Eric like at all, like and you know, actually, if he was a trader, it would be a brilliant move to just get somebody out that you don't want.
Speaker 2: Really, you know, say this laugh thing.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: God, I just don't know how I.
Speaker 1: Would play this game. I'd be so bad at it.
Speaker 2: Dude, I don't think you would be. I honestly do not think you would be. I think you would get there, and I think you'd well, it depends. I think if you were a faithful you would get there. You would let everything go, you'd enjoy your breakfast, you'd have fun with the challenges, and then you'd try to figure out what was going on. If you were a trader, it might be a little rough you because just because you don't like to lie to people. Yeah, so you'd figure it out. Though, you'd figure it out. Well, we'll have to see what we play. Maybe we can be a team.
Speaker 1: So at this point we're already an episode ahead. But do you remember who you thought would be murdered?
Speaker 2: No, God, I don't. Do you remember who you thought would be murdered? I thought Steven? Actually did you?
Speaker 1: Or you kill Eric? Because everyone knows that he, you know, messed up.
Speaker 2: And you mean not be not banished? Do you mean murderer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So do we get through the banishment? We know it's Tiffany.
Speaker 1: Tiffany gets banished and of course reveals that.
Speaker 2: She goes through the circle of you and tells everybody what she is a faithful? What do you? What do you like?
Speaker 1: I mean, has anybody ever just stood there and been like I'm a faithful, I'm a trader and walked out? Or they always have to give.
Speaker 2: No, I think they always want to speak. I remember the one I remember the most was the very first person kicked off last season was Wells Adams. You and I met Wells at one of the iHeart parties. He came to dinner with us. He's married to Sarah Hyland and he was on The Bachelor I think or one of these things survive or something like that mm hm. And he was the first one to go and they just picked him like somebody went I think it's wells And I remember him he was pissed, like he was like, way to go, everybody, nice job, like that kind of thing. So yeah, you could tell him first person to leave. He was upset about it. But unlike Dona Kelsey, who was like, you did it. You caught a trader, right. I think now people are really starting to get are going to start getting more and more personal. And this is also the first time I had ever seen anybody in Tiffany say I need the money. I know. I'd never heard that before.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting because it's not a whole lot of money, just compared to other shows like Survivor you get a million dollars, you know, and it's been that way forever, like a lot of these shows. You know, it just seems like the money is not.
Speaker 2: Really the point of this show, right, right. But that's why I was amazed, where she was like like I'm crying and saying I need the money.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's that was I'd never seen it before. That was tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially because they're celebrities, right, Like most of these people are probably pretty well off.
Speaker 2: Zoom or yeah, but you never you just never know. You never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Tiffany is banished and the Traders get together to discuss who they're going to murder. And at this point I did I thought Steven would be the one to go.
Speaker 2: I actually do remember who I picked, and I turned out I was right, really because only because it's the only person to ever have one of the traders names cross their lips. That was the only only time he'd ever heard it. So I was like, Hey, if that person's up, they gotta go. That's what I would say if I was a trader. It's like one person your name came out of one person's mouth. That person's got to go. And then they even talk about well, hopefully I'm the only one they took because he told it. This person told it to Candice, right.
Speaker 1: See, I had a feeling, I because because Eric messed up so bad, right, and I think it was pretty obvious that he felt bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that it was you know that.
Speaker 1: Like I think murdering him because now I feel like he's he's gonna work so hard to get everybody on his side, and everyone's gonna be like, oh, he wouldn't he's can't be a trader, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, but why does he get such a pass for that huge faux pas? And Ron is still in the proverbial cage, like I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think maybe Ron is just not he's just not personal enough, you know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it is. Yeah, I think he's just a Yeah, it's like you haven't gotten to know anybody. I don't know. And then but it's also double edged store. It's like, oh, you're way too friendly. You've got to be a trade right, That's what I mean. Where's the balance?
Speaker 1: That's why I think he's looking at it as like, oh, it's a strategy game, let's play the strategy. And other people are like it's a personality social mind game, and I'm gonna play it that way. It's like, I don't know, it sucks. I don't know either, all right. Any final thoughts before we end this episode.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to ask you. We're now five in or four in excuse me, at the end of four do you have any hot takes on who you think is gonna win? Do you still are you sticking with uh, with your your girl Natalie or who do you think who do you think is there at the end. Oh god, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I'm starting to think the Traders are just killing it. They're doing well, and now that they're more in control, because really they're doing this well and they well, you know what it is. I don't even think that they're doing that well. I think the Faithful are doing so poorly. That's what it is that I think you're right. But I think it's a combination of the two. I think Rob is playing it very well. I think the other I think Candice has pulled.
Speaker 2: It back a little bit, which is good, But I do I don't think I think everybody else when you're everybody's following somebody like Colton, which seems like what they're doing, and Colton keeps swinging wrong. Yes, he's just doing the work for the Traders.
Speaker 1: They don't have to do anything exactly. Yeah, and yeah, everybody's playing horribly on the field side, and so the Traders, I mean, I think they've been kind of lucky because all the the Donna's choices for them for the murder that were horrible, so they didn't actually get to have that much strategy in those first episodes, you know, But now that she's gone, and that they are in control. No one's guessing them, no one's thinking about them, and they're all just all over the place. It's so I'm not feeling I feel like there might be a trader win.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a possibility. I also would like to throw somebody out there as a hot take for being there at the end. I think people really like, and I do too, Johnny Whir And I think there's a chance Johnny's there at or near the end of the game. Yeah, flying under the radar, funny, personable. People seem to like them. Nobody I think has set his name or come even close to saying his name. I think there's a chance that Johnny could be there towards the end.
Speaker 1: Well, so how does it work, because I really like if the traders win, do they all win? Do they all three have to win?
Speaker 2: Or just like one trader, one trader is there at the end and then that person gets all the money. If there's multiple traders at the end, they split it. Yeah, so that's and it's yeah, it's like they stand around a fire, of course, because nothing can be easy. They stand around the fire. They get the blood of truth, they take the blood of truth to the Temple of Galam. No, they have they stand around the fire and they all have to decide we're all faithful's here, I try, we're all faithfuls. Let's end the game. And then they like throw their thing into the fire to show like it's green or what burns green or something, and it shows that the game is over, and so they're ready to go, and then they find out whether they're all faithfuls or whether some of the traders. So last season, four people were there and they all made it. They were all trade, all faithfuls. But if one trader's there and has fooled everybody, then that person gets all the money. So is it possible for just traders to be sure? I would imagine. I mean, I I don't know how that would happen. But if they murder everybody, they might look around and we just won. What do we do now? So yeah, it's it's so interesting. But I think you're right. I don't think they're playing particularly well. And I think the more personal and judgmental you get, and the more you take it personally, the worse you play. Yes, And I think that's we're going to start seeing that more and more yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's it for this episode of Pod meets Twirled. Alliances were tested, trust misplaced.
Speaker 2: And once again we've been left with the cliffhanger.
Speaker 1: Join us next time as we continue our journey through season four of Traders, a show in which, as Shakespeare said in a Scottish play, fair is foul and foul is fair