Speaker 1: All right, it's Wednesday.
Speaker 2: We have a brand new second Date update for you, and in case you missed it, yesterday we talked about how we had a live awkward Tuesday up on our YouTube African Jeffrey and just some comments from it. I wanted to read dirty hairy Sicilian said, it's strange how your appearance exactly matches what I expected. Super strange, almost too strange. Wait a minute, stop looking at me like that. Okay, I'm married, No, no, no, happily married. Back off great, Now I have to tell my wife about this.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, you look exactly how you imagine. I bet you are the hairyest, biggest guy ever. Your name is Harry Sicilian.
Speaker 4: So we'll look dirty, dirty.
Speaker 1: At each other's.
Speaker 2: Getting awkward and sorry for causing marriage problem. Yeah, warning to anybody else who goes and watches it. But for now, we got your brand new second date update right now.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 1: You know you hear a lot of women say why are all the good men either taken, gay or dead? But we have one eligible guy who's apparently none of those things.
Speaker 4: Wait, he's not callin from beyond.
Speaker 1: No, he's just confused, not confused in that way, confused about why he's not getting a call back after his day. His name is Colin. Colin, can you confirm for us that you are not taken, gay or dead? Yes?
Speaker 3: I can't confirm, I think.
Speaker 4: More importantly, can you confirm you're one of the good ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the biggest struggle I think, so Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Well we're gonna since you're such a good guy, we'll try to help you out here. Tell us about the woman that you went out with recently? What's her name? Page?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Page and Colin sound cute together. Is it like a couple's names?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Where'd you meet her?
Speaker 3: Tender? Actually, have people still do that one?
Speaker 4: We haven't heard about Tinder in a minute.
Speaker 5: You know, it's always been about hinge and bumble a lot lately.
Speaker 1: Well, that's where all the good guys are going now.
Speaker 4: It's like comfort circle, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing is it's so successful usually that they never have to ask for second dates. It just goes well immediately. But apparently not for you. Colin. Why what happened?
Speaker 3: It's a good question, That's why I need help. We had a great date. I mean we went to to place Mulligans. It's like kind of an Irish pub, kind of place.
Speaker 4: Good day for an Irish pub. Why did you choose there? Or maybe you did it? Maybe she did?
Speaker 3: No, I picked it. It has this great happy hour menu, so I thought it would be a cool, like kind of casual spot.
Speaker 1: Fish and chips. Yeah, is that what you guys had?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: We actually we just had like a happy hour pizza. We shared its first date.
Speaker 4: Let's hear about Page.
Speaker 1: Maybe because that was definitely a microwaved pizza. There there are They're really really tisty after you've had a few drinks. So what tell us? Tell us more about Page.
Speaker 3: She's really cute. She just like great hair, Like that's kind of why I liked her picture.
Speaker 1: Like, wow, you don't laugh at him? Jet No, Sure the hair was great.
Speaker 4: Anything about her personality?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well does personality even matter if you've got locks like Rapunzel? No, I don't care. I want to know about the date.
Speaker 3: No, it was fun, like we had a great time. I mean like I ordered drinks, word pizza, and then I kind of like settled up and then she said, you want to get another drink? And I was like yeah, sure, Like do you want I mean, maybe this is it. I was like, do you want to like get the second round? And she was like yeah sure, Oh oh.
Speaker 1: You asked You asked her to pay for the second round of drinks?
Speaker 4: Huh yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean she said she wanted to get in the second round, and I just said, okay, you want to get it. I mean I don't know. It was totally like, not not a thing in the moment at all, Like she was like totally cool with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she seems cool with it. But alexis, what do you think if a guy asked you to pay for the second round of drinks? How would you read it?
Speaker 2: If it's like naturally, But the way he said, he didn't make it a big deal. But the way he's telling us now, it feels like he made it a big deal.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Did she shift it all? Did her energy shifted all after that?
Speaker 3: No? I mean, like I said, she was, we were like, let's go somewhere else, and she was totally into that. I mean then she was there before me. So when we were kind of like getting up to leave, I said something to the effect of like I felt like you were going to be taller. I don't know that like made her angry, but it shouldn't seem to. I just I don't know. I'm trying to like I'm spitballing stuff here.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: It was like a joke, though, Bro, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Know as a short girl, I love giving tall girl energy out, so that would actually be a compliment to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, you forgot. It was like, oh god, you're so short.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said, I thought you'd be taller.
Speaker 3: That's all I said, I mean, and she was just like kind no, I mean, we kind of just laughed it off, and then we did go to another spot together, and we went to this place it's like on the arcade kind of oar.
Speaker 1: Did you request a stool for her to play the video games?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 3: She's not that short. I just thought for her pictures she was going to be.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would have been a funny joke if you had like brought around like a little like child stool for her to stay.
Speaker 4: That is just now making.
Speaker 3: Should end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, can you see you over the bar to order? I think that's funny. But apparently it's good that you didn't do that.
Speaker 4: I give you a drive home, but I don't have a child booster in the back.
Speaker 1: A lot of traumas coming out. So how was it at the arcade?
Speaker 3: It was totally fine. I mean, we had a few more drinks which I paid for, We like played some games. It was totally cool. Then we were leaving. I walked her back to her car and then she's like, let me drive you back to where your car sparkes. And I was like, okay, sure, but I was going to go. I mean we kind of shared a little pizza for Happy Hour when I was still hungry. I was like, I'm going to go get a burrito, very still hungry, and she was like, no, but I'll take you. So I went. She took me. We like swung through. I got a burrito and she didn't get anything. No, I mean I asked her if she will and she was like, no, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Well, if you just had a pizza like an hour ago, it is a little I mean it was.
Speaker 3: Like a small happy ear pizza that we shared.
Speaker 1: Okay, change, I feel a shift. Yeah, if you like someone, you'll order food even if you're not hungry, especially they're paying. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's interesting though, like she is still adamant about driving you, so she still wants to be around you more like because that would be an easy out for her to be like peace, Yeah, you know, I thought so.
Speaker 3: And then we like kept talking and everything.
Speaker 4: I mean you mean like texting each other or no.
Speaker 3: I mean like we kept talking while she was driving me after I got the burrito, and then I did like leaning for a kiss. She kissed me back.
Speaker 1: Oh burrito kiss.
Speaker 4: I get it. Called it sounds like all great.
Speaker 1: Have you even tried to call her?
Speaker 3: I mean I texted her like later, like had a great time with you, you know, like let's do it again, and she was just kind of like yeah, okay, like me too or whatever. And then when I've tried to set something else up, she just hasn't even responded.
Speaker 1: Huh. Weird. It is weird, definitely, But there are two sides to every story. I mean, I wonder what she has to say about why she's not calling this good guy back.
Speaker 4: I don't know, feels so accusatory, Jeff, like he did something wrong. It could just be that she has a lot of options on Tinder Earth.
Speaker 1: I'm not accusing anybody. I just want to know what she has to say.
Speaker 4: You narrowed your eyes. I didn't take it that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, short Queen Jeff coming at me. Let's see what Page has to say if she even answers the phone when we come back and do your second date update Good Guy edition right after this hold.
Speaker 4: On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: We already talked about the saying why are all the good guys either taken? Gay, or dead? But there's also the saying good guys always finish last?
Speaker 4: So which one is it?
Speaker 3: Jeff?
Speaker 5: Okay, are they all like happy and taken or are they all sad and loser?
Speaker 1: Exactly? The second one is definitely where our good guy Colin is feel right now. After he went on a what sounded like a pretty solid first date with a woman named Paige. They hit up an Irish pub, went to an arcade, got a burrito for him, not really for her. But there was even a kiss at the end of the night. So how is it possible this good guy is getting cold shouldered? Wow, Colin, if you had to guess the one thing that's holding Page back, what do you think it is?
Speaker 3: I don't know. If I was a guess, I'd probably say it's just the tender thing. There's just a lot of people on tender, like maybe she's just seen other people. I don't know the hookup app.
Speaker 1: I mean no, but they do have that saying why are all the good guys always on Tinder?
Speaker 5: You wouldn't be on Tinder if you were looking for no more than one day?
Speaker 4: No any defense.
Speaker 1: I've seen many girls. I have a whole bio that's like looking for love. Swipe left if you're here for a hook up. Maybe she wanted something else out of this date, Colin, and you didn't give it to her.
Speaker 5: I think that what Alexis is saying is she just wanted a hookup, you guys.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Oh and then she's done with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't get what she was after when she was on the date with you.
Speaker 3: Colin.
Speaker 5: You're not not a bad idea because she was adamant on driving him, and usually that's your first step into getting them back to your place.
Speaker 1: Yes, Colin, did you do like the kiss and walk away?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I mean we were in the car, We were in her car and we kiss. I mean I would have been down.
Speaker 4: You know, rita burrito that doesn't scream him down.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see what the actual reason is. If she picks up the phone, we're gonna call it right now. Let's see how this goes. Here we go, Oh, hey, Page, this is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Page.
Speaker 4: The whole show's here.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, what's up Page.
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 4: Glad you're a big listener.
Speaker 6: Sorry wait, wait what did you What did you say?
Speaker 1: We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey and we're calling you right now because there's a rumor going around that you're dating guys and then not calling them back afterwards.
Speaker 4: It's just a waiter. Put her on the defense immediately. That doesn't sound it's not a rumor.
Speaker 1: Well, there is a guy apparently that you're not calling back.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused.
Speaker 6: What is this.
Speaker 3: I don't have a lot of.
Speaker 1: Time when people aren't getting a call back after a date. We do this segment called second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we are calling about a guy that you met on Tinder recently, a good guy named Colin.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my gosh. He asked you guys to call me.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, going back to that rumor I was talking about. Apparently you're not calling him back, okay, and so we just want to know from your perspective, like, how was the date for you, because we've heard his side of the story.
Speaker 6: Okay, can you just use.
Speaker 4: A word to describe it to start with?
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean it was whatever.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 1: That's not the best word. Why do you say that?
Speaker 6: You know he's cute, But from the beginning the conversation wasn't really flowing. He actually brought up that he usually dates younger girls, which, like, number one, that's rude. Why would you say that on a date?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait, are you older than him or something?
Speaker 6: Maybe by like one year, but we're basically like the same age.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: And then he also like two number.
Speaker 6: Two, he asked me to cover a round of drinks, which is weird because he asked me out.
Speaker 1: We actually heard about this. He told us that he asked you to do that and he thought that you were cool with it.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I guess I was just like whatever with it. But my mantra is broke boys never win.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, Well, that's.
Speaker 5: Something you say over and over again to like pump yourself up for lead a different type of legs.
Speaker 1: It's usually an uplifting sort of statement, not like a broke guys suck.
Speaker 4: But why do you think he's broke?
Speaker 5: I think that from the sounds of what he was saying, it was more like it was your turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like he paid for drinks and it sounded like the pizza too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I mean, don't you think? It just feels like if you ask someone out on date, you should be the one.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you saying it comes down to him asking you to cover the second round of drinks. That's why you're not calling him back.
Speaker 6: No, well, there was like there was more, you know. We we went to the arcade, which was okay, but he commented about my height at one point, King.
Speaker 3: I thought you had I thought you had.
Speaker 6: Model legs from your Tinder picture.
Speaker 4: Oh whoa, whoa that was his clothes model legs. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's like I'm short and my legs are something I'm insecure about. So it's like weird for him to be like, I thought you had model legs and basically saying it turns out you don't.
Speaker 1: Oh sad time.
Speaker 5: It's interesting because he's bringing up the same moments as you as like touch points on the date when we talked to him.
Speaker 4: But his versions are really different.
Speaker 1: So in a way, there's two sides to every story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 5: So we got the younger women, we got the pain for the second round, and we got the weird backhanded and.
Speaker 2: Him not being aware that he said all that stuff rude.
Speaker 1: But the thing is that even if all that was like not to your liking, he said, at the end of the date, you kissed him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did kiss, but he also had just finished a huge burrito that he was eating in my car, and I was trying to kind of end the date. So I was like, okay, I'll just be nice and then he kisses me and like, no, lie, you guys, it was like kissing a dead body.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, why is that a turnoff? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 4: So it was just.
Speaker 5: There was no energy on his point or movement or anything like I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like we're this guylander kiss like the Morgar thing.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Well, Jeff did say all the good guys could be dead.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, a lot of points are working against Colin.
Speaker 5: Clearly, that's probably a hard thing to hear, but definitely kissing sucks.
Speaker 1: And he did hear that page because he's been on the other line at this phone call, listening waiting to talk.
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 6: Do I have you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's already there, Colin, My.
Speaker 3: God, wow, ouch, that's that's pretty harshy.
Speaker 4: She didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, Like you're you're actually saying that like you're mad that I asked you to buy the second round of drinks. I mean you wanted to get another drink.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna Okay, the kissing like a dead guy doesn't bother him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the kissing thing bothers me. Okay, that wasn't great, But like, I'm not a cheap skate. I paid for everything else. Like you're acting like I'm like broke guys finished last I'm not.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that was the mantra. What was it again, page.
Speaker 6: Broke by never win?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's not broke, that's what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Colin, Sorry to like go out of order here, but do you want to defend your kissing?
Speaker 3: I mean there was like nothing going on. I mean, like kissing it was like kissing somebody on life support. Like she wasn't giving me anything.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, bad kisser just so much you called this. I think his feelings might be okay, y, yeah, hurt kissers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many sayings mantras that are coming out. At least you got a kiss.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's like, why would you ever want your first kiss to be a kiss where you've got like half a huge burdo in your mouth with.
Speaker 1: A Lextra flavor on the kiss. I don't think it's a terrible.
Speaker 3: Thing I offered you if you wanted some you said no.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is devolving, constrained in all the bad things, Like I don't even know if there is a good Sure, he.
Speaker 4: Was cute, that's it.
Speaker 1: Remember the dating site where they met, where honest love happens every single time.
Speaker 4: It's like a.
Speaker 1: True romance happens here.
Speaker 3: I'm probably done with Tinder. Actually, if this is what it was going to be like it was just like girls like her, then I probably will never use that up again.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is not sounding good. It sounds like you two are on totally different pages right now. But you know what two pages make up?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 3: Jeff?
Speaker 4: A book and some pamphlet you some sort.
Speaker 1: Of reading the material that could get you through some portion of time. And I would love to pick up that pamphlet and read more of it as we send you out on a second date.
Speaker 6: I think he wants to go out with someone with model esque legs, So I'm not that that was kind of rude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what though, I do. I do want to go out with model.
Speaker 1: Okay, good luck, buddy. All Right, so you're rescinding your invite, and I guess that means there's not going to be a second date for Page and Colin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you would have had to pay for it because he's broke. Remember Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Fun update.
Speaker 1: After that call ended, we got an email from Colin saying he wishes he was gay or dead after that experience. And he says, he says, if any of our listeners actually believe the accusations made against him that he kisses like a corpse, he is more than willing to defend that vigorously.
Speaker 5: Okay, So anyone who laughed at him he just wants to make out with, now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That'll show him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The main point is he's still a fan of the show at the end of the day. So we got what we wanted out of this whole experience.
Speaker 5: But now he's going to go overboard and instead of having dead lips, he's going to be way overactive and callin my man. If you're still listening, there's a fine middle ground. You'll find it someday.
Speaker 1: Okay with that young model legged girlfriend that you've always wanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, only that part may happen.
Speaker 1: You get a little bit of something, and we can help you get a little bit of So then if you need help in your dating life, reach out to the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates. They're up wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey