Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera je Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod. We are recapping season two, episode twelve of Dubai Yes.
Speaker 3: And so obviously they only have thirteen episodes because next.
Speaker 2: Week season's ally.
Speaker 3: Where do you think they're going to do it at? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is Caroline Gonn announced she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: If I was a betting girl, I'd say no.
Speaker 2: But now I don't know. After these conversations with her mom, I'm starting to see.
Speaker 4: She's getting a little softed up.
Speaker 3: She's getting a little softed up and an astro baby, and they'll be done well.
Speaker 2: Stanbury's parents are coming to see her new house. Caroline tells her mother that her hypnotherapist is taking her back to her time at boarding school. Caroline says boarding school is outdated. Her mother says it teaches you discipline and about relationship. Caroline disagrees, saying it stunts relationships and now she can't share her problems. Her mother says, well, that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: She's yes, we know where you get it from. Caroline, Caroline, I've never I've learned from hypnotherapy that I'm not soft. Really, Caroline, I could have saved you the money and told you that from one hearty to another, you're not soft.
Speaker 2: Guard, You're not soft.
Speaker 3: But she clearly gets it from her mom like they're very British, like very But I mean I had to My ex was just like that.
Speaker 2: There was Yeah, but I think also, I mean this is would you ever I mean, I know your kids are older now, but would you consider them consider sending your kids to boarding school?
Speaker 3: No? No, I have a neighbor that sent their kid to a boarding school, but it was a military school, and I think it was because he was having problems and he went and came back a better person. So I get it. I mean, I do think that kids need discipline, but I didn't have my children to send them away. Well, I'm trying to keep Sophie at home as long as possible.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that boarding school may have crossed my mind one to ten thousand times a day.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. But you mean you going to boarding school? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah me.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm actually guys, I'm gonna be gone for the next eight months and going to boarding school.
Speaker 4: But I do.
Speaker 2: I I believe in like sending my kids to camp, Like I think it gives you a learning experience.
Speaker 3: You know, I haven't. It's always great because then they have a fit the entire time they're there, and you feel bad and you have to deal with it. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: No, they don't even let you, Like you get letters and then you see the little letters. But it was a very East Coast thing. For like, when I was growing up, half of the kids, like they would hit eighth grade and then they'd go away for a high school to boarding school. It was a very East Coast thing.
Speaker 3: Every summer in New York, everybody sends their kid away for three months.
Speaker 2: Well not well, I'm saying boarding school even more so than camp. But out here people send a camp, but our camps. Like granted, none of my kids did a sleep away camp this year, but the longest thing I've ever done one is a week.
Speaker 3: I would have a hard time, especially in this day and age, in this world. I just don't trust anybody. And a helicopter mom, but I don't think I could never do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think boarding school if you come from a certain I mean, what Caroline said, when she goes rich people send their kids to camp. That's what they did, And I think it was very like a scholastic thing. It's first stature. It's all the things. You go to a top boarding school. Then you're producing yourself to go to a top college, and then producing yourself to potentially marry a top business person, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like a whole top TikToker.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not.
Speaker 3: It's making twenty five million a year on TikTok. Yeah, I mean the times have definitely changed anymore. Yeah, you're like, Hi, I'm going to social media and post my outfits and make.
Speaker 2: Make double what you make after going to eighteen years at school. Then we see Lisa is launching her new skin care line under mina row. All the women arrive at her event. Telene is collaborating with Lisa using her fitness line to do a yoga class, and then Brooks doesn't understand what Tolene's yoga class has to do with maternity. Brooks is upset that Lisa held her event at the spat other than her So this is giving very Season two of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills where LVP didn't use the palms and Adrian got masked.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I mean I understand like it was a full event. Why Telene would do yoga and she wanted it like a full experience, So I get that. But her rebranding the local spot to make it look like it's her own business was it pretty interesting?
Speaker 4: But also why wouldn't if if Brooks and Lisa were close enough that this would offend her, why wouldn't Brooks just say to her, Hey, oh my gosh, you're having this event at a spa, why don't you have it at mine?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know. I don't know how long she knew. Did she know for a while or I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's got to take a long time to get all those decals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would think, right, I mean, I mean she went above and beyond you. You didn't even see the name of the spa. They had been thrilled about that. Well, she probably mentioned it a few times.
Speaker 2: They mentioned it a few times, And but I I it was a totally housewife type event.
Speaker 4: None of it shocked me.
Speaker 2: And I also want to say, like it if I went to a health and wellness retreat, even though I host my own and I turned down a massage or a face I check checked me in somewhere because I'm in my mind.
Speaker 3: I but I got to believe that they're not that close because if if I was, let's say something the Cut Fitness and you were doing some Allline events in Orange County and you went to you know, Orange Theory, and I'm like, well, why wouldn't you ask me? Like I would definitely be like, well what about me? Like why didn't you feel comfortable asking me? So it just to me just shows that they're really not that close.
Speaker 2: But I also would have told you prior to just inviting you to the event. I'd be like, hey, I'm going to throw this event in Orange County. That's a workout. Like remember when I had my all in retreat at the Montage and I had Eddie.
Speaker 3: Come over and do the training, Like, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: You do when you have discussions.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what you do when you have friends too. Yeah. I'm just saying I don't think they're friends. I don't think they like each other at all.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently Lisa doesn't like any of the women because having them all wear white tights to work out, I'd have been like oh, I almost died.
Speaker 3: I almost died. Do you know everything you see in white tights?
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my, I see some people's no no square do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't touch me there, no square? Did you? Uh? Do you own any white tights?
Speaker 2: I own one pair and every time I put them and I'll wear them only like when I'm home, like I should do, like my treadmill hair. But every time I put it on, I'm like, oh my gosh, this is like, this is not yeah, this is pornographic.
Speaker 3: I think I had one pair. I don't have any more. What's worse? White tights or skin colored tights?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: The skin color?
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I have one orange pair that I love so much. But every time I wear them, my son goes, are you naked? Mom?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, I mean you're saying about your spray tnd it's orange.
Speaker 2: Clearly look at the difference in our skin done right now speaking.
Speaker 3: Of spray tanning and not tanning, when don't don't you have surgery coming up?
Speaker 2: So yes, it was supposed to be last week and then things just got it was we had so many like I say him back from the trip, and I was it's at Cruz's birthday party had so many things, so I switched it to September fourth. The doctor said it was fine to switch it to September fourth.
Speaker 3: So that's why I'm going to both be down and out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll both be down and out. Well. Then Sarah says it's still hard for her son to sleep at night because he's worried he'll get kidnapped. Yeah, I would imagine.
Speaker 3: So, but would you have told your children? Would you tell your children something like that?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's one thing for like a casual conversation about protecting yourself and what we need to do in case of an emergency, but to include him in the depths of what the nanny or.
Speaker 3: House no, I mean, even and he's young. Even Sophia is like eighteen. I was nineteen. If somebody's plotting to kidnap her, if I told her that, she would be a nervous wreck. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You could.
Speaker 2: You could have a conversation with Sophia'll be like, hey, we're going to start doing self defense classes, or we're going to talk about what you do. Yeah, I mean all of those things, Like we're going to talk about what you were to do if this were to ever happen, but to fully be like this has been a plot or a ploy from this person that.
Speaker 3: She's like, Oh, I'm really I'm open with him. I tell him everything.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not thirty five years old, he's like nine nine. Yeah, I already doesn't get out of my bedroom. Could you imagine like we would be he would be velcrode to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be a very scary traumatic thing for a kid to hear. Hey, hey, but just want to let you know that you were always kidnapped. There's something about this storyline that I'm not sure that I'm completely buying.
Speaker 2: I think it's every storyline that Sarah has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something about it that I'm just like, it's funny story Eddie sent me. You know how Sarah does like these inspirational like things on Instagram for forty two thousand pop. I guess so, Eddie. Eddie sent me one the other day. I'm like, she's a housewife. I'm not listening to that. Oh God, I'm not buying that. He didn't know who she was. He's never watched to buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, then Lisa tells Chanelle she's been pulling away from her and getting closer to Stanbury. Chanell wants to be friends with everyone, and then Lisa tells Chanelle she doesn't want her to get too close to Stanbury because she'll get jealous.
Speaker 3: I go against Chanelle and Stanbury becoming friends. I don't get that. It does it make any sense.
Speaker 2: I think because Lisa wants to be the queen Bee, and I think Stanbury kind of is the queen Bee. So like the combination of the two, whoever Chanelle stands with clearly is going to be the powerhouse.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then Sarah and Saba meet for dinner. When they thought they were hilarious when they were like Saba like Saba Tujer.
Speaker 3: I was like zabataga, so fun me, but Sarah's I actually really like Saba this. I liked her. I really liked her. I thought she was kind of the voice of reason, and she had great advice for Sarah. But if you're arguing with a guy you're dating in another country over FaceTime, it's time to say goodbye.
Speaker 2: But also we have to remember that Saba has said goodbye to Sarah with a public.
Speaker 3: I know, and I'm wondering what happened between these two because they look like they were thick as thieves on the show, See what happened? Has happened?
Speaker 2: What have we do?
Speaker 3: We need to get Saba on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Actually I think we do. Yeah, let's get you that auto much.
Speaker 3: Let's not forget she did a press release.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was a and it was like a I'm removing myself from her as you know. It was a business person in a personal relationship. I mean, Brooks even was defending Saba on Twitter. Well, then Sarah tells Saba she feels guilty walking away from people. Saba questions why she doesn't feel valuable, and Sarah gets emotional.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just.
Speaker 2: I just don't really get what Sarah is selling.
Speaker 3: I don't either. There's something about Sarah, and trust me, we've talked about this. I always like Sarah and Sarah's beautiful. Let's give her beautiful, beautiful butterfly. But something's not sitting right, and my bullship meter is going off, and you know I have a really strong bullship meter. That may add up.
Speaker 2: That made add up. Then Tolene and her husband Raffy are hosting a golf staycation for all the women and their husbands at a seven star hotel. I love that. I'm like, there's a seven star hotel. I thought it's say the.
Speaker 3: Same thing I go. I thought it was five. What do you mean seven? What the hell?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I was like, dang, you have to go to Dubai to go to a seven star. I don't even think they have them out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think five is where we cap out. Chanelle is wearing a ball gown to golf, and then Chanelle attempts to drive the cart but she doesn't have a license. Uh, this is where Tleene Tolene does her her work. Right here. Tolene tells says Saba hasn't stopped talking about how she's a golf pro, and Saba says the men are threatened by her. But then Saba misses the ball several times. Do you think she thought they were playing? What's what's the mini golf?
Speaker 3: Do you think any well, whatever she thought she was playing, she she has never played before.
Speaker 4: But like are they did?
Speaker 2: They all just make up whatever the hell they wanted to buy because we can't figure out that answer, Like me saying that I'm a golf.
Speaker 6: Pro would be a bold face I mean for her to say she was basically almost pro and to see her miss that ball and the way that she hit the ball, like, I'm no golfer by any means, but I can watch golf and go, Wow, that guy's got like perfect form like all that stuff.
Speaker 3: She was like literally playing mini golf and missing and miss.
Speaker 2: Also, it's one thing like if you're really really good at a sport and then maybe you're filmed and maybe you're nervous, but your form is still good. So if like I was gonna get on a horse and maybe I made an error while ride, I'll make errors.
Speaker 3: But she made it over and over and I'm sure it was editing. I'm sure she probably the first time hit it, but then maybe the third time missed it, you know what I mean. And then they just put let's just make her miss every single time.
Speaker 2: But then Lisa asked Telene what Brooks was complaining about at her event. Telene tells Lisa she should have asked her to use her spa. At the end of the mina Row event, the messuse told Lisa that Brooks refused all the treatments since she has her own spa. Then the women said for a drink. Lisa asked Brooks what the problem is. Brookes says it was a conflict of interest for her own business. Lisa says they came after her business, and now the women are searching for something to be mad at. Lisa tells Tolene she doesn't have her own business, so she doesn't get it. Tolene tells Lisa to not patronize her, and and Lisa yells at her to not point at her. The two screen back and forth. Do you feel like Telene maybe shouldn't have gotten involved in this conversation?
Speaker 3: I mean, Telene's doing the most, that's for sure. I is it her place? Maybe not, but yet you know I'm here for it. And Lisa going full Kim Kardashian Telene like, seriously, you don't have a business, work bitch. It's like, well, my.
Speaker 2: Favorite part of the scene was when Stanbury got up to get another champagne, but then she came back with like a goblet of it.
Speaker 3: It was like bigger than it was, like a big giant red wine glass like Dree would not like that at all. I was like, maybe she.
Speaker 2: Got a spritz. Then my head started I was like, yeah, it's like an like an elder flower sprits or something like that. Maybe that wasn't she just said Champagne, but she met with Champagne in it.
Speaker 3: But overall, I care? Why do I care?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Overall I thought it was kind of a really petty thing to argue about. And granted, I do like my petty fights on Housewives, but if I was least, I'd be very happy that my business was becoming a storyline because it's more promotion for the business, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then everyone meets for dinner and they play a game to test how well the husbands and their wives. First question, what was your wife's nickname growing up? Sergio says he wasn't alive, so he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: Truth.
Speaker 2: Second question, how long does do they expect a sex session to last? And how long does it actually last? Sergio says three seconds and he lasts one and a half, and Caroline says it feels like an hour.
Speaker 3: I have to I just.
Speaker 2: Do love that they can just bounce off of each other.
Speaker 3: And they don't like argue about it, like they don't take each other so serious, like Eddie and I will joke like this all the time, and most yeah, like oh, my god, you talk to him like that he talks to you. I'm like, guess we're going to ask people they don't get that.
Speaker 2: Feelings hurt oh, and clearly like we have a decent sex life if we're willing to joke about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But then now Tells Brooks she doesn't understand why they were fighting earlier and it seems like jealousy. Brookes says she has no jealousy and she's always supported Lisa. Tolene says she's staying out of it because she was called a bitch too many times, and then Lisa tells her she was acting like one. Lisa says, it's the fact that Telene had the audacity to speak on it, and then Toleine tells Lisa she is trashy, and Lisa calls Tolene ghetto.
Speaker 3: Lisa calls Telene ghetto. Well, I don't think Tolene's ghetto. I think at all.
Speaker 2: I think I'm confused why the two people fighting are Lisa and Toelene, Like this is either in Brooks fighting a Lisa and Brooks fight. And then they continue on and then she's like, well, of course I've brought in the same people for years and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't blame her for that. Like we had trainers at our gem, I didn't necessarily use.
Speaker 2: Them where she said we're turning. She turned down services at another spa because it's a conflict of interest, But to then use outside people outside of your own spot does feel a little weird. Like if you went to soul Cycle and did a workout class, I don't think you're disrespecting cut Fitness if I also taught a spin.
Speaker 3: Class, right right, Like we all just get along? Can't we all just get along?
Speaker 2: But I guess we'll see how well they get. The husbands wanted the hell out of there, and they quite honestly, so did I. But we will see what happens at the finale next week.
Speaker 3: So did the season finale? Guys? Is next week?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Next week? And then I bet the reunion will be pretty good because I think they're all going to.
Speaker 3: We know how many episodes the reunion is.
Speaker 2: I guess would be two, yeah too, just going out there.
Speaker 3: I'm just wondering if Jersey didn't even get range of things. I mean, I would be okay if they just stop doing the reunions.
Speaker 2: No, I love some of the reunions.
Speaker 4: I yeah them.
Speaker 3: I hate Attendant. I'm currently looking for a dress right now for the reunion.
Speaker 2: Oh well, send me your pics.
Speaker 3: Why is it so hard to find a dress when there's like a certain color, it has to be one of these three colors, and all of a sudden, it's like I can't find it anywhere. It's impossible.
Speaker 2: But also finding a dress that you can sit in and fight and and cry and and do all the things and for twelve hours. Well, thanks you guys for tuning in for another episode of two Teas in a Pod. We'll talk to you guys soon