Speaker 1: What is your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Andrew.
Speaker 1: Andrew. What's going on?
Speaker 2: I am making a pizza sitting on a couch.
Speaker 1: You are making a pizza. And if I heard and did I hear this correctly, you are also sitting on the couch as you make.
Speaker 2: The pizza has just entered the oven, and I just switched over to the couch while the timer goes Houston.
Speaker 1: The pizza has entered the oven. True, you were making a pizza and sitting on the couch. How do you feel making a pizza and sitting on the couch.
Speaker 2: Not too bad, nothing to complain about, really, and kind of bored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes sometimes boring life is good. I think you gotta kind of you gotta have that. I don't think I used to think that life had to be remarkable like one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you know, I I still I would be lying if I said that I still don't want life to be remarkable.
Speaker 1: But I also I really do feel like, uh, the standard for remarkability can be quite low and you can still hit it. Like in a way, there's something remarkable about eating a frozen pizza, and life can be remarkable in that sense. I do I do believe that in a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a very remarkable last few years, but right now is tremendously better.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me more about why your remarkable life is not as good as tell me why the boring life you live is better than the remarkable two years that you have had.
Speaker 2: Well, I got sober November el last year. I was having multiple surgeries throughout the year for my kidney because I was doing too much drugs, not drinking water, and not legal trouble. But I was definitely on the brink for a while. I'm sober.
Speaker 1: What sorry, go ahead, I want to let you finish.
Speaker 2: No, you go ahead.
Speaker 1: Was this was this alcohol or was it drugs? Was it all of it? It was myth Yeah, okay, okay, So how long had you been doing meth for?
Speaker 2: It was probably like three and a half years. But I was on other stuff before that, like ever since I was fifteen, I was on something.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I mean give me the story of the whole two years if you want.
Speaker 2: There's not much to it. Like I was in a pretty dark place and I figured I just wanted to try it, Like I was already into stimulants and uppers, so I was like, might as well try the ultimate high there and definitely led to even darker places which I expected. It's not like I got anything that was too surprising, but it's definitely a dash of schizophrenia that comes with a lot of Matthews.
Speaker 1: So did you have schizophrenia before the Math or did you take the Math and the Math was like, hey, there's a guy behind you.
Speaker 2: No, I had no signs of schizophrenia. It was definitely just methodist. And since I've gotten sober, it's not like I'm still schizophrenic.
Speaker 1: Do you remember anything? Do you remember, like from when you did Smoke Smoke Math. Do you remember any particularly interesting schizophrenic hallucinations that you had?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have my favorite one I ever had. It wasn't my favorite the time. It was actually terrifying. But I was driving down the road at like three am. I was up for a few days and I had no visuals leading up to this, like I didn't experience anything. And I looked in my rear view mirror and there was three humanoid foxes sprinting after my car, side by side to each other. And as soon as I saw it, it just like poofed gun. But when I saw it. My fucking heart drank.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're driving down the highway three am, high on meth and you look to outside your right window, and I saw your left window and you see like like dudes in fox furry costumes running seventy miles per hour against your car.
Speaker 2: It was the rear view mirror. So they were behind me, sprinting after me.
Speaker 1: Wow. Interesting? What do you think did that is that? You said humanoid fox? Did they look like little furry creatures?
Speaker 2: It's hard to say. I don't know much about the furries. It didn't look like people in costumes like it looked like actual boxes standing on two legs.
Speaker 1: Wow. Did any of them do shines?
Speaker 4: What? So?
Speaker 1: Is there is there? Is there any other any other hallucinations that you that you want to share that come to mind?
Speaker 2: Ah, it's hard to say. I remember I moved states. I was in Michigan when I started and ended in Indiana.
Speaker 4: And uh.
Speaker 2: When I was in Indiana, I got a knock on the door and I went to answer it and it was my boss from Taco Bell up in Michigan, and he brought me a birthday cake, which was four months prior to my birthday, So I thought it was odd. I stood there and talked to him for a good ten minutes at least that's what I perceived it to be, and then before I knew it, poof, he was gone. I was standing there talking to no one.
Speaker 1: Holy shit? Really? Yeah, yeah, you had a you that's that's that's like I can see, like, Okay, when I think of like the three fox thing that you told me, I'm like, okay, I can see like, oh, I'm seeing something weird and fucked up in my rear view mirror. That kind of feels like a dream, right, Like I can kind of imagine maybe what that felt like. But you had and the minute, But you had a ten minute conversation with a dude. Yeah, wha Can you can you describe any further? Like what what that felt like?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What did it feel like when he vanished?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: It was tremendous amounts this year when he vanished, Like at first, it was really obscure to me, like why the fuck is he here with a birthday cake? Like why did he travel the states come seeing me four months before my birthday with a birthday cake? But it was so real that I never even questioned like this isn't happening.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But when he was gone and I realized that I was hallucinating, that freaked me out. That kind of had me shake gun for sure.
Speaker 1: Were you living alone at this time?
Speaker 2: No, but I was alone. M hmm, nobody else was home?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay, and so and and and it was And at the time, you were only on mathh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I mean, I've done a bunch of other things during my time on myth, but during that time I was only on meth.
Speaker 1: And I didn't realize that meth made you hallucinate like that strongly. I thought it was like I thought it was like, you know, I've taken an adderall pill or two in my lifetime, and I thought it was like that times ten. I didn't realize it made you like see shit.
Speaker 2: I didn't either. I had no idea that was coming. And I might have been smoking weed too. I recall My hallucinations would get very verg then if I was smoking mess and weed and I was up for a few days.
Speaker 1: Wow. And you had no prior like mental health issues.
Speaker 2: I mean I was like depressed and ship but sure, yeah, never never schizophrenia like I've tripped on apps and many many times. I've done every drug and I've never had any crazy.
Speaker 1: When I when I get depressed. When I get depressed, I too see Taco Bell employees, but they do not vanish. They give me tacos and then I van. Yeah, I cry and I in the car. So okay, so you're and you're sober now for how long?
Speaker 2: It's then two hundred and eighty five days?
Speaker 1: Wow? So you count every day?
Speaker 2: Not every day, It's like every week or two I'll check and then today I happened to check in it was to eighty five.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by check?
Speaker 2: I just google how many days has it done since November twelfth, and to see how many days it is, see how close they am do a year.
Speaker 1: So tell me about November every day. Go ahead. If you check every day.
Speaker 2: If I checked every day, then I feel like I'm putting too much thought towards it, Like I don't want my life to be I'm sober nothing else, Like I don't want that to be the main part of my life. I want Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've had someone someone told me once that they thought that sobriety like being like like like when you're obsessed with how many days it's been since you've been free from a substance, or like you're in a in a weird, annoying, paradoxical way, like restraining yourself from a substance is still a version of the substance having a hold on you, which, yeah, is so paradoxical and annoying and makes a ton of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that honestly. Like, I think people can get drunk, get high, or do something and still be free from the addiction that held them before. I'm personally choosing to stay sober from everything because I don't think I have the self control to dabble. I think I would definitely go straight back to rock bottom and keep digging deeper.
Speaker 1: So tell me about November twelve. What was what was going on.
Speaker 2: I was staying with a girl at the time. She also smoked mess and we had like a super toxic relationship. Like I don't really remember how it got to the point, but I was awake for ten days and we got into a fight and I started throwing it around and breaking shit, and she ended up just calling my mom and being like, yeah, your son's done mass, Like you need to come get them and get them to rehab, which I'm twenty six. That kind of sucked, like at that my mom come take care of me, But ultimately it saved my life. Like I was smoking and sounds a week, So you know.
Speaker 1: I think that doesn't suck. I actually think that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like now in retrospect, like it it was the best thing that could have happened to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was traumatizing for my mom to see me, Like she showed up and there's meth out around the apartment. Like the apartment's fucking trash. I just fucking destroyed the TV, fucking broke windows, right, their candles around, right, right.
Speaker 1: But it's amazing. It is kind of amazing and beautiful to me because there's like so many people that you know, I talked to him on this podcast who just have like shitty parents or like their parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so grateful to have my mom, right.
Speaker 1: It's great because like either they have shitty parents or their parents aren't in their lives or like you, there's a lot of people who, you know, if they were tweaking out on meth and their girlfriend called their mom, it was like you need to go pick them up. They they wouldn't respond or they wouldn't right. Yeah, you know, so it's it's a it's a it's a it's weirdly a good thing.
Speaker 2: During during my time of using I felt pretty selfish because everybody I was using WES had horrible family problems. Like they all had kids they couldn't see. They all had parents that they didn't know or didn't talk to them. I had a perfect fucking family growing up. I mean, my parents were divorced, but like I still had both of them in my life. I had great siblings, and I was there like selfish, selfish enough to be fucking smoking Messler on my life well.
Speaker 5: Every day mm hmmmm hmm.
Speaker 2: I've come to terms with it. I don't feel bad anymore about it. But then it definitely got to me.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, your mom picks you up from school early, and what what? What happens there? What happens?
Speaker 2: Then she drives me back up to Michigan where I'm living now. I stayed here for a couple of days as I got in contact with a good rehab facility. Because I was twenty five at the time, I had in turned twenty six, so I was still on her insurance, so I was able to afford like a good rehab and pretty good, probably the best thirty days of my life' there, Like it was a really good time and it worked. Yeah, and I mean like it didn't it's not done, Like it didn't work, but it's working, you know what I mean. Like I can't say I'm cure, I'm fixed, but as of right now, I'm still doing good.
Speaker 1: Nice has anything replaced meth?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you into pixie Sticks or Overwatch or what's your thing?
Speaker 2: I play a lot of video games. Yeah, I was playing League of Legends, which is probably a worse drug than mess, but I got up to Emerald rank and then I quit playing because that was the high enough rank for me and I know the game, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh, I know, I said, Wow, it's so I think it's there's there's something I deeply respect about quitting the game when you've reached your uh, your your emerald rank or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Lee was literally a drug for me as well, Like I would be addicted of playing it. I'd get up early to play it, play for a few hours, get back up, keep playing all day and I hate it every minute of that. So like it was good to get off it. Lately, I've been playing the Earthbound series. Really yeah, that's had a hold on me. Fantastic games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like those get like to me, okay, like those games. Uh like I don't know if uh, I'm curious people's thoughts on this, but okay, So to me, there's a difference. I don't really play online games. I play one online game. I play Super Smash Bros. Melee online via Slippy and I fucking love it. Uh but tell yeah, to me, there's a difference between like getting sucked in to online games like Call of Duty or whatever the fuck people are playing right now, versus like sitting down to play a linear, story driven single player experience, you know, because motherfuckers will sit and they'll they'll you know, watch forty episodes of TV like normal human beings do that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like competitive gaming, like games with the ranking system, Like the ranking system itself is the addicted part.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right, It's the ranking system is addicted, right like you're you're in the online game. It feels as though you're addicted to like the kind of slot machine gambling, whatever the fuck thing of increasing your rank whereas like if you're like I'm playing the Last of Us right now, and it's like I'm going through a linear story experience, it feels like it feels like a different thing. But maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, it's I don't find it to be addictive. I play it a lot because I enjoy it. I never played a league because I enjoy it. I played it because I wanted to get better and I was addicted to it was like a self reflection thing. If I'm badly ranked, I view myself poorly stupid, like not smart enough to get there with Earthnound. I'm just playing it because it's fucking fun. You know.
Speaker 1: It is kind of funny that for a little bit you were living in a universe where if somebody had a poor rank in League of Legends, they were a piece of shit. Like you, like you're just walking like you're just walking down the street and being like this guy, what a fucking loser, dude. They're probably bronze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that I vocalize it, that's kind of fucked.
Speaker 1: But right because because then you you you reflect it back onto yourself.
Speaker 4: YEA.
Speaker 2: Well, my brother he played league with me, and he had a fucking mental breakdown because he's iron ranked and I was climbing and he was just fucking like why am I so stupid? Like can't I do it?
Speaker 1: So I guess before we go, what's your dream? And London? Now that now you've kicked meth, Now that you've kicked math, what do you What are you gonna do? You're gonna go to Disney World? That wasn't funny? What are you going to do now that you kicked meths?
Speaker 2: I want to go to nursing school. I think going to nursing school would be cool. It's great, make a lot of money, I get to help people.
Speaker 1: Great and a life of drugs.
Speaker 2: You end up learning a lot about health and ship like that.
Speaker 1: So I think, hey, congratulations, man, that's awesome. I I like uh as the kids say, I love that for you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: It was a pleasure talk to you, man.
Speaker 1: Pleasure talking too. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: And no, don't play league, don't smoke mess.
Speaker 1: Words to live by all right? Take care man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: See never played earth Bound. I heard it's good, though, I heard it's good. I love video games. I might have talked about this in the podcast before. I have short term memory loss. I think it might be because I don't know if it's just uh, I don't know if it's pot I don't know if it's just how my brain is wired, if my parents were like this. But I just have short term memory loss. So forgive me if I've gone on the same exact rant in literally ten different podcast episodes. But uh, I know I love video games. I've decided, I've decided, finitely, definitively that I love video games. I've probably played thousands of matches of Super Smash Brothers Melee, and when I'm when I'm dying, when I'm a you know, if I'm lucky enough to be like on a deathbed, I've everyone imagines a deathbed, but I don't think, you know, everyone gets one. Some people just get hit by a car in the street. But if I'm lucky enough to get a deathbed when it comes, when I when reflecting on my life, when I'm reflecting on the amount of time that I've spent playing Super Smash Brothers in Melee, i will be. I'll happy, I'll die with it. I'll be if I'm I'm fully sitting there, controller in hand, the Mento Moriri, aware that that I my time on this earth is precious and limited to such an insane degree. I'm I'm my lifespan is but a blink on the timeline of everything that ever was or anything that ever will be, and that time is the most precious thing ever, and I'm choosing to spend it playing Super Smash Brothers Melee happily, happily. So I don't uh, I don't know. I don't make myself feel bad about it anymore. Attention listeners of the Therapy Gecko podcast. Do you know that I do a live version of this podcast on stage in person, in front of real people, And that I'm doing this live show in several cities across the United States and Europe this fall, and that tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com or at the link in the episode description. It is all true. I'm currently on my third tour doing Therapy Gecko live all around the country and it is the most fun, sick, amazing thing ever and you should come out and be a part of it. The shows involve a mix of material and presentations from myself combined with a group Gecko therapy session where members of the audience come on stage to share things from their lives in front of a big group of people, just like we do here on the podcast. Whether you're a fan of the podcast or you have no idea what this is and you clicked on a by accident, you're gonna have a great time at the live show once again. Tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com or at the link in the episode description. These are really fun shows. They're always wild, they're always unpredictable, and I hope to see you guys there.
Speaker 5: From Christina, Hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name's Christina?
Speaker 1: Christina? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Oh? Nothing?
Speaker 5: Just chilling? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good? Have we ever spoken before?
Speaker 5: We might have?
Speaker 1: We might have? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Am I wait? When I were talking to Lyle who I'm very confused?
Speaker 1: Would you you know what? Who cares? What's up? Christina? How can I get you today?
Speaker 5: Nothing? I'm just just looking for a conversation and some opinions.
Speaker 1: Actually sure what opinions on?
Speaker 4: What? So?
Speaker 5: I'm in my reinvention error right now. Yeah. Yeah, I just went through a breakup after ten years, so I'm kind of reintegrating into the dating world, which you know, it sucks, actually does, Yeah, it definitely does. And I'm trying to think of ways to like kind of bring myself out of my shell and doing something new with my life that actually aligns with my goals. But it's kind of sketchy. And I thought of you, which is so funny because I saw it that you were alive today. I'm like, it's Tuesday, isn't that? Like, am I going crazy? You don't normally streams day?
Speaker 1: What made you think? Like you thought of me to ask me my opinion or you thought of me as an example of something.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought of you for your opinion because I was so curious. I probably could have googled it, to be honest, But like, how did you even get into this whole realm of therapy? Gack?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Well I got I got kind of lucky. I mean I've been making videos and doing things on the internet for a good I had been doing I had been making videos and doing things on the internet for like a good ten years, and then I just got lucky with the Reddit Public access network. I got in on that at a good time, and I got in on TikTok at a good time, and lo and behold, I've kind of dragged that out for four years, and I am and the roads have all led me to this moment as I'm talking to you.
Speaker 5: Have you always been a gek?
Speaker 1: No? No, I have only been a gek for four years. But tell me more about this reinvention. What are you trying to reinvent?
Speaker 5: I just want to get out of the corporate world and kind of build something for myself and gain the confidence again. Yeah, so it's been really hard. I mean so, like I mentioned, I just got out of a relationship for ten years because I found out that they were cheating on me. So that was like a really big blow to your ego. So I'm kind of trying to find something to do, and I was entertaining the idea of getting into streaming, which I know a lot of people say, I've always had that desire, but it seems so scary. It's like such a scary place to break into. You know.
Speaker 1: Well, what seems scary about it.
Speaker 5: Probably just the judgment. I mean, being a gamer girl for as many years as I've been it's very rare, well not rare, actually it's getting a lot better. But there's a lot of negative masculine energy in that space, and like a lot of judgment and perception. So that's always a scary thing to be vulnerable to.
Speaker 1: What are you What are you afraid of being judged about?
Speaker 5: I don't know if I've ever thought about it very particularly, like kind of everything, whether it's perception of like self and image, because you know that's a huge component of it, personality, just anything I think I get in my own way sometimes, but I'm trying to break out of that.
Speaker 4: M hm m.
Speaker 1: So. So so when you say you're trying to reinvent yourself, get out of the corporate world and start streaming, are you saying you want to like start you want to kind of quit your job to become a streamer.
Speaker 5: It is definitely a thought that has happened, But because of the financial security, I feel like that would be insane.
Speaker 1: Well I don't. I only think it would be insane to I only I only think it would be insane to quit your job to do something that you haven't even started. Yeah, so I think before, I guess I think before thinking about quitting your job to do something, you should start doing it, but not to try, not even because it might not be successful, but because you might not even like it.
Speaker 5: That is true. I feel like I would be really good in the space. So it's just kind of talking to people networking and figuring out how other people accomplished it and seeing if I can build some confidence through that.
Speaker 1: Well, why don't you do it?
Speaker 5: But others experience? I think I might, and I do. I like your platform and kind of how you've done it because I love talking to people. And even though I play video games all the time, I'm not good at them, so I don't think my games play would actually be that great.
Speaker 1: I don't think that video game streaming is necessarily about gameplay. I think it's mainly about uh, you know, personality.
Speaker 5: Makes That's true. Kind I just have to stream into.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, you just have to, Like, like I mean you, I don't know if is this? Is this the thing that you wanted my opinion on.
Speaker 5: Kind of all of that, but also like, am I just going crazy? Is this my midlife crisis? The violence of my.
Speaker 1: My opinion is that my opinion doesn't matter. It's like if you if you have an inkling of an idea that something might be fun and interesting to you, then just do it. You know, who gives a fuck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it's chinker.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: If if you want to get into streaming, just tinker around with it, you know, go download stream labs and fire it up and just start fucking around, you know, now if you want to. If you're if you're talking about like how do I start making money and how do I grow and all that stuff, I don't even think you're not even if you haven't even like turned to the camera on and started and done the thing, you know, then you're not You're not even You're not even there yet. You got to just give it a shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true. The whole monetizing thing is just a whole other piece of the puzzle.
Speaker 1: And then that you at, what were you at? What was the second thing you were?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I going crazy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like I feel like, is this the equivalent of like the Red Corvette mid life crisis? Like, you know, I just turned thirty, you know, I, like I said, I've been in the relationship for ten years. I'm now re entering this world and I'm just like, hmm, maybe this is not a cret the idea that maybe it is.
Speaker 1: Well, some people's idea of a crazy bid life crisis is to drown their children in a bathtub, So I think video game streaming is not that crazy in comparison.
Speaker 5: That makes me feel a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to lower the bar a lot in terms of you know, I guess crazy because there's some it could be worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess it could. But dating right now really just sucks too.
Speaker 1: How are you how long have you been out of this relationship for.
Speaker 5: It's been out three and a half months.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you on hinge? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I did try hinge and it was I just did not like it. I got off dating apps as soon as I could, not really feeling that I don't know how to organically meet people. So I do outside activities and you know, try to get into a neutral space, but doesn't really work as well.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. You know, I I've struggled with dating a lot in my life, and I'm also on kind of a journey to find a like a proper mindset or uh I guess I guess conclusion to it, and I don't. I don't have one, but I part of part of me, like I I kind of wean back and forth because I'm like part of me part of me thinks, you know, you need to just learn to be happy on your own, and then another large part of me believes that that is complete, utter bullshit, right because every single song, every movie, every conventional piece of wisdom has always told us that the most important things, the most important thing in our life is our relationships, you know, and love. And so it's hard to look that in the face and go, yeah, you know what, I don't need it. It's hard. It's hard, if not nigh impossible. So I don't know, I don't. I don't have a conclusion on that.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 5: I mean it does make me feel better that I'm at least not the only one in that mindset, like a lot of There's so many people that I just see that are in happy relationships or like super happy independent, and I'm like trying to find the neutral territory in between it. But yeah, like you said, it's kind of kind of shitty. I love myself. I think that my company is great, and you know, being with a partner obviously helps a lot but the intrum is is like a really weird space to be in.
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, I agree with that. I agree with that. It's it is, A is a it is and at times and but for me and at times a pretty miserable space to be And I think, yeah, but depending on how you view it. I don't know, I don't know, I don't I I go back, this is, this is, this is the this is the happiness battle is how much of how much of this is external? How much of this is is? Have you what what what rungs on the Maslow hierarchy of needs? Have you uh uh checked off right? You know, uh, your your relationships, personal achievements, respect, all the all those things versus how much of that is bullshit? And you actually just need to sit and decide for yourself and your brain that you are happy. I don't fucking know. I don't think any scientists knows. I think you just kind of struggle to figure it out until you die. Maybe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I would agree with that.
Speaker 4: Actually, And now.
Speaker 5: I don't feel the cynical and crazy because you also.
Speaker 1: Think that, well, good, I hope that, I hope. I'm glad to hear that my cynicism and craziness is helping me feel better about your own. Well, what game are you going to stream?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I don't know. I've been playing a lot of the Finals, but I'm really bad at that. And outside of that, I'm actually trying to find a really good, like open world sandbox game, and that's been proving pretty difficult because I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I've played all you ever play Red Dead Redemption two, you know what.
Speaker 5: I have it, and I feel like I've only played maybe three hours of it, and I feel like two hours of that was just the intro of the game, so I haven't actually played a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Go play that, dude. That game is sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm waiting for Grant af Auto. I'm hoping that that's going to be really good worth the wait hopefully.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's it's a it's a you know, it's a good reason to stay alive. It's grand theft. I pledge to stay alive until minimum September of twenty twenty five. That's when I think it's coming out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, always that they delay it, i'd be sad.
Speaker 1: What's your name again, Christina? Christina?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have if you if you want to, you can plug your Twitch if you have one.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's absolutely no content on there whatsoever. If you guys want to follow me, you're more than welcome to It's baked Goods, Underscore.
Speaker 1: Bake baked goods, or space Goods Baked goods.
Speaker 5: So I went through an air of like doing a lot of baking and cake creation. That was also actually some of the content that I was thinking of making. That setup is a little bit more complex than just like sitting at your computer, though, so maybe things go right, I'll end up doing some cooking the streams and stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck on your on your journey of insanity. Uh, you're probably not alone, you know. I mean, if you really want, dude, just go on Reddit and if you want, if you want, if you any time and this goes, I'm not just talking to you, I'm talking to anyone. If you want, ever in your life to feel better about how insane you are, I guarantee there are many, many, many places on the Internet where you can go to find essay length manifestos by people who are much much crazier than you are, and that might maybe that'll make you feel better about yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure that. Well, I'll actually have to look into that. And you know, I have one other comment that I wanted to make go ahead. You know, you asked your like, oh have I talked to you before?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: So I called you when you got the sponsored streams back in the box. I don't recall if you're still sponsored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 5: That was like, yeah, that was a really long time ago.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: I called in and I think I was the last caller of that. And the girl I spoke to, she was like, you know, what do you want to talk about? And I wanted to tell you this story of how we got completely oblivery that when I was in California, and she was just like, ooh, you can't say any of that stuff. She's like, it's a sponsored room. We have to be really careful what we say. Your whole chat thought that I was like an advertising bot, Like, there's no way this story is real because I had to send through the entire thing. So anybody here remembers that was not paid. There was a lot of context in that story. I could not say, but public you still have the sponsorship, you know, awesome for you, Lyle, but thanks for the conversation. I really appreciate it, and you know, have.
Speaker 4: A great day, dude.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Christina. Yeah, you know, okay, cool, I wrote it all right, Thank you, Christina. Have a good one. I good luck on your streaming journey.
Speaker 4: Thanks dud.
Speaker 1: You know, so it's funny. I used to I actually I've flipped on this and this is not uh well, I'm this is not a story of me being like, uh, this is not like a whole like I am an impath fucking thing. But I used to like be able to go on you know, you can go on like r slash depression or ur slash like. There's plenty of internet communities where you can go to basically read stories from people who are doing way worse than you to make you feel better about yourself. And it used to making me feel a little bit better. I'm like, Okay, at least I'm not doing as badly as this person. I've actually gotten a lot of feedback on this podcast from people who say that listening to it has made them feel better about themselves because they're not doing bad as some of the people will call in and I swear on my life, this is not me being like, Oh, I'm like a cool EmPATH guy. But lately, any lately, it's really kind of the script has flipped on me in the sense of, like, when I see or read or hear or whatever about people doing bad, I really no longer think to myself, Oh, at least I'm not as bad as this person. I mainly kind of think to myself. I mainly kind of think to myself. It makes me feel worse. It makes me feel like, oh, no, life for most people is I guess, suffering, and so I don't know how I can I take like I feel bad taking joy in a universe where so many people are suffering, not by not because I'm so cool, I swear on my life. I'm really not trying to be like that, just in this weird way of like, why is my life the way it is? And other people's lives are terrible? But it kind of also makes you feel it makes you feel bad because you're like, why am I complaining about this bullshit when other people are also have it worse. I don't know. I can't explain the shift, but it's shifted from me. It doesn't it doesn't feel it doesn't relieve me anymore. I don't know why. Actually, you know what, I do know why. It's because it's because I am Jesus Christ, and I do and I am an EmPATH, and I feel deeply the suffering and pain of others. Becau, I'm really cool and awesome. Uh, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know what I'm saying. We're putting this in the podcast. This is going in the podcast. This is going in the.
Speaker 5: Podcast all from.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Zach. Holy shit?
Speaker 1: What's up, Zach? How's it going?
Speaker 4: No, dude, you have no idea how much you made my day. Holy shit?
Speaker 1: I never thought. Thanks bro? What's going on? Life? What's up? What's happening?
Speaker 4: Oh dude, it's been up and down like a roller coaster that you don't want to be on. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel that. I feel that, I feel that, I feel that I'm excited to talk to you. I've you've barely said anything, and I like your spirit and I'm not I I swear in my life. I'm not just saying that. I I mean it wholeheartedly.
Speaker 4: Thank you man. I called last night and yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm just Oh my god, I never thought this was happening. You have no idea. Actually called last night and you was talking about you know, how you were. I know you did not talk about you, but it really uh it helped me, you know, because you were talking about it. I was like, man, even this guy can feel this kind way. You know, we can, we can we can.
Speaker 1: Talk about it for a second. I'll give some context. Uh so I will sometimes well so sometimes you know, I I I start out my stream before I take these phone calls, uh by just talking to the chat on Twitch, and I was, uh, I was going on I think a half hour rant about being depressed because I was very I had a pretty insane weekend of a really bad uh depression for you know, a lot of reasons. And yeah, it was just really bad. I forget. Do you remember what did I do? You remember what I said?
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm weird. I took notes because you were making some profound or not.
Speaker 1: You took notes, not.
Speaker 4: Like crazy notes, but you were you kept saying at the end of the day, and you kept you were trying to come up at the end. I was like, god, you know, I was like, what did you get said? What's he gonna say? I was like, at the end of the day, you kept trying to say, like you have to be wanting to pick yourself up and stuff. And I was just gonna say, like, even if you were feeling that way, it was awesome that like you still got on the streams, you know, and try to make other people feel nice. Because even there was one guy that made me feel real good. I was like, I'm not gonna lie. Some of them were a little boring, but at one guy where you still had his shirt from a couple of years ago, that was that was dope. Man.
Speaker 1: Well I saw hold on, hold on, but what what what what do you tell me about these notes that you took.
Speaker 6: Oh, I have to I'd have to take my off speakerphone, speak speakerphone, because on my phone, uh, you were just talking about like like at the end of the day, you know, you couldn't think the sense.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, like, the end of the day, you got you got lay in the bed, you made you know.
Speaker 1: I don't think I said that.
Speaker 4: No, you didn't say that. I was just thinking of like that was something you maybe were trying to get at.
Speaker 1: No. I think oh, no, no, okay, I think what I said was damn, I never meant to put this in the podcast. Whatever. I think what I said was that, do you you like at the end of the day. I guess you have to help yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I mean any I don't know. I don't know. I don't know if I'm honored that you took notes while I was ranting, or it was ranting.
Speaker 4: Another thing. We're just questioned. I would ask like, have you ever tried gumbo?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, I've had gumbo?
Speaker 4: Okay, and then some but k Tony said you were too uh intimidated. I don't see what you would kill it on there?
Speaker 1: Bro, What do you say? Can you ask me that in the form of a complete sentence?
Speaker 4: Oh? Sorry, sorry, you know, I just you you were too intimidated to go and kill Tony. Someone asked you last night on the stream and you were like, oh, I'm too intimidated to do that. But I think you oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so yeah, someone asked me if I would go on kill Tony, and uh, I don't think I would. I'd be very intimate dated if I did that. Yeah, you know who would be Sorry, go go ahead.
Speaker 4: And then like you were talking about guests that might be on. Uh, I would think like a duncan trustle You ever heard of him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I've actually i've fuck I've like emailed with him a little bit. I want to get him on, but he lives the way in Austin. I'll get him on eventually. He just he lives in Austin. So it's it's kind.
Speaker 4: Of I want to see him in a gecko suit and this.
Speaker 1: Be oh my god, Okay, well enough about to me. I suck. What's going on with you? Man?
Speaker 4: Uh? It's just up and down, you know the roller coaster. Uh. I just you know, I had a good little job, you know, wouldn't like, you know, somewhere I want to be both you know, good money for you know, decent money I was able to live. And then you know, that didn't work out. And then I'm working towards getting a job, but it's like all the way three hours away, and then I've just met a girl and she's closed, and then like you know, it would be long long distance and it's just as difficult. I would have to like you know, staying use all my money to say, in a hotel to basically, you know, get this job. And stuff, but uh, I don't know. It's just I don't know if it's what I want to do or anything. You know, just feel like whatever I choose is always wrong.
Speaker 1: You know, what's the old guy? Hold on? What's what's back up? What's your name?
Speaker 4: Zach?
Speaker 1: Zach? How old are you? Zach?
Speaker 4: Twenty one?
Speaker 1: Cool? All right? So you got a new job. What's the job?
Speaker 4: Uh, it's just like labor work, working for like electrical companies. Nothing too fancy. It's not like nothing I really uh do too good at, you know all or you know, work my way up at. You know. It's not any nothing you need a degree for or anything.
Speaker 1: Not bad, not bad. Okay. And so you just met a girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we've been we've been hanging out and she's great and like, she's really been here for me. It's just to be hard on her for me to be away, and it'd be hard on both of us, and you know, and then it's just I don't know, but it's more better money.
Speaker 1: Where's the job?
Speaker 4: Uh? Three hours away in a Baton rouge.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it's a question of should you leave your hometown and your friends and your family and support network to go get more money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's also like a travel job, so it'd be like I'd be Matt Rufe for a little bit, and it's gonna go somewhere else and somewhere else and somewhere else. That's one thing I didn't mention, but there's other things on top of that. I just I know a lot of people. I mean, I don't know. The job is really not something i'd be worried about. It's like, I mean, I don't want to go in too much detail, but like, fuck are you saying my name? Never mind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, people are really gonna be able to find out who you are. You know, because you said the name was Zach. You've got a lot of personal information here yet to be careful.
Speaker 4: About that, You're right. I just I'm just struggling with addiction.
Speaker 1: Not gonna lie, Okay, all right? What uh? What's what's the poison?
Speaker 4: I mean, I must I mean, I must sound corny, but like a lot of people say they can't be addicted to weed, but I mean it really has like run my life, you know.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, it's not corny at.
Speaker 4: All, you know, I just I feel corny whenever I say it, but like it really has run my life.
Speaker 1: You know. I mean it's like, well, it's funny because you can absolutely totally be addicted to weed. It's just it's like, but they just kind of yassified weed. It's like if they made socks with heroin needles on them and sold them at the mall, then people are like, you can't get addicted to heroin. Seth Rogan does it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I almost feel like a bitch if I say like, oh, I'm addicted to weed, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, but no, it's a totally it's a thing. So how long have you been smoking? For?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: It's good sounds sad. I didn't grow up too too well, but uh, this focus was I was like twelve thirteen, all.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, No, weed is totally addictive. I've tried to convince myself that it is. And I was talking. I was tweaking the other day because I and I needed to smoke, and I was like, oh, this is not good. This is like it's definitely a physical, physical, physically addictive things about it. Even if like you know, your cousin wants to tell you that he read on Reddit that weed is actually uh not addictive and awesome and uh, you know cures all diseases. They're wrong. I say that as I say that as a daily weed smoker. Yeah, but anyway, I go ahead.
Speaker 4: How you said it could cure meta, it can like it could be treated as a medicine, just like how opious and stuff is. If they're not abused, they can't help, you know, like a you know, pain pills and stuff. If they're not abused, if you actually got in a car wreck and actually need pain pills, you're not abusing them. They actually do help you. You know, you can't abuse week. That's how. And I've been abusing it, you know, I just because I I I've had a bad day. I need to smoke a blunt. I had a good day. Oh let's celebrate with the blunt. You know, I just whatever breezon to smoke.
Speaker 1: M hmmmm, Well it's okay, Let's go back to your job thing. Because I have some thoughts on it, and they kind of can go either way, right because I think, uh, like, when you're like young, part of me wants to be like, you know, for right now, when you're young and you're like when you're twenty one, I'm kind of like chase the money and chase uh, the career for as long as you can, so that you can like set yourself up a little bit better. And also, like, you know, when you're like whatever, when you're in your fucking forties and you have a family, you know, you don't want to leave your family to move, you know, across the country or three hours away or whatever it is to uproot your life, right but right now you know you can kind of handle uprooting your life a little bit better. Yeah, But also that being said, you know, I've kind of I feel at this point, I've ridden a bit of a roller coaster that has landed me on the conclusion that, you know, your friends and family and your network are the most important thing in your entire life. They're more important than money, and they're more important than career.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 1: Think that you kind of have to ride. You might have to ride the roller coaster to get there. I don't know. I'm terrified talking to you because you've taken notes on things that I've said, no, no, I saw, I'm like, I'm I'm so I'm terrified. I'm terrified talking to you because I think you're actually going to listen to me.
Speaker 4: No, it was just last things you said last night, because I was like, it was like mostly questions.
Speaker 1: I would ask if I did get on sure, sure, sure, And.
Speaker 4: It was just like that one thing where you were like, at the end of the day, you got to be the one to do it, you know.
Speaker 1: I think so well. I was talking about therapy because I've I've been, you know, in a lot of therapy and and I've been kind of like, how come you know, therapy hasn't solved all of my problems. And it's like, well, because you have to at the end of the day, you have to be the one to fucking like do stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah you can. It was just so funny. I was You're just kept saying at the end of the day, we'll messing works some people think at the end of the day. And I was just like, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm a fucking spaz dude. I don't know how I ever got to do a podcast.
Speaker 4: No. I love it, bro we all like it. We all do well.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Thanks man, you have a good energy. By the way, I think I I'm not just saying this, I think you'll be okay no matter what you do. You seem like a bright, positive person.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, hell yeah, I know. I know. I'm a fas too. You ever heard of Meat Canyon? He would do awesome on your podcast. I don't know if you like Yeah, yeah, you ever seen like his other YouTube channel where it's not like it's like most of his face is not his cartoons, he like reviews crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I know who. I know who that is, and I like his I like his animations a lot. Uh yeah, I don't know. I I really enjoy being in my own little court. I feel like a lot of like YouTubers, they're like interconnected and that's kind of their whole thing. It's like the it's like whatever. I like being in my own I like having my own little piece of real estate in this weird corner of the internet. I don't know if I want to go to the high school dance and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand. How How do you feel how big of a like deal with or whenever you got? Like, I don't know, the biggest name I can think of is like a Dojah when you choose on, Like, how was that feeling whenever you're like, oh my god, Dose's coming on?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: It was cool? She's cool. She was great, it was it was here's here's the thing, man, And this kind of rides back to the roller coaster that I was. This is actually all everything you're asking me right now. It ties back in to, I think what you're talking about, all of these like big career things like getting a big guest on your podcast, or getting a vice thing, or getting a you know it's what a billion views on a video, or getting to play this cool festival. They're getting to do this cool thing. It's all really really cool, amazing stuff, do not get me wrong. And it's all been awesome. And I've gotten to ride a really great and beautiful roller coaster, uh and have really great experiences and all these things. But I'm gonna say funk, I'm gonna say it. You caught me now now you're making me feel like a piece of ship. But at the end of the day, at the end of the day, all that really matters is like what are you doing? You know what I you know what I mean. It's like it's like like however many views you're getting, or however many like clouded people are associating with you, like what do you fucking what are you actually doing? What are you actually making or creating or doing with your life and your time?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, That's what I'm the right now, right now, what I'm actually doing is talking to you.
Speaker 1: And it's like I can It's like, at the end of the day, what I actually do is I do this show where I'm talking to people, and uh, whether whether there's millions and millions and millions of people listening to this or there's twenty, what I am actually doing remains the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really like it feels like I honestly forgot I was even on the podcast to see, like you mentioned it, that's kind of crazy. You know, you're able to like take take a moment, you know what I mean. It's not just a talk show. It feels like a I'm talking to a friend and so.
Speaker 1: What the fuck else is I gonna say? You got me on? No, no, no, no, you're you're a good dude. I'm trying to remember what the fuck I was gonna say. Yeah, That's what I've been thinking about, is like, what it's like at the end of day, it's like, what are you what are you actually doing? I used to do a lot of stand up comedy before I started doing this, And I think when you're in like the stand up comedy universe, you get obsessed with the idea of like making it right, or you know of like being again in a new like you you know, you dream of like being on Netflix one day or this or that the other thing, and you kind of like you get so I think entangled with the visions of the dream of of the results and the outcome of what you're doing, that you lose sight of the fact that the only real result is just more of the process.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, Like if you uh, like, let's say you you start a TikTok channel making Let's let's say you let's say you make a TikTok channel making face cams of Keanu Reeves, right, and you're like, I'm gonna get famous on TikTok by making Keanu Reeves face cam compilation videos. And it's successful. So you know what your you know what your reward is. You get to you get to make more Keanu Reeves facecam videos. Right, It's like the reward is just you just get more of the process. That's why like big crazy accolades or whatever. They don't. They don't actually affect the the thing that really matters, which is like what you are actually sitting there fucking doing, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean? Yeah, yeah, I felt like a dumb ass of yellow was like the wrong answering class. I said, views, and you're talking about the process. That's the whole thing, is the process. I keep forgetting, you know, Yeah, I was thinking about the end goal and you were teaching about me about the process. Geez.
Speaker 1: But well, hold on, I'm not teaching you about anything. I'm I'm I'm I know, I'm like, I like, this is all stuff that I know. But I want you to know. I really really want you to know that I am constant this is not and what I'm talking to you about are things that I very logically understand and know and have not internalized and successfully added into my life in any way because I am still significantly a results based thinker. I am constantly thinking. I'm like, okay, I'm still I'm still constantly thinking about milestones. I'm still constantly thinking like, Okay, well, once I get here, then I can do this, and then once this this happens, and this and then once this and then this which is and and which goes in and complete the way I actually think about my life, I think goes in complete antithesis to what I'm talking to you about out right now. I'm just enjoying reinforcing it to myself by talking to you about it. So maybe maybe I should be I should be taking notes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you ever you ever had a journal or ever tried having a journal? Yeah? I have.
Speaker 1: I've been on and off, but I've been keeping a journal for like seven years. Maybe.
Speaker 4: Oh well, yeah, I've only been able to do like two three days in a row and then like I'll this a week. O.
Speaker 1: God, it's not seven years. It's not every day for seven years. Jesus. Oh yeah, Okay, what have you been journaling about?
Speaker 4: Oh? Just I mean I have to be I mean I've gotten I mean I feel like I've gotten a little better. Before I felt like a lot of pressure, you know, it felt like I had to be a philosopher. You know, I had to be fancy, you know, write paragraphs and stuff, and you know, I had to be detailed and stuff. But then now it's just like you know, now I'm just writing, like, you know, four or five sentences on how my day went and I feel good. You know, does that make sense? Yeah? Yeah, Like before it was like I was talking about in the morning, I did this and blah blah blah. But now it's just like, oh, I saw, you know this pretty bird. You know, it made my day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that's real. I think seeing a pretty bird is kind of everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I try to stay positive, you know, it's just a I don't know, it's just whenever, you know, at the end of the day, you know, it's hard to stay positive whenever. You know, I live in my own you know, I don't have a roommate or anything. I live in a shitty trailer. It's a crazy you know, just a no good you know. I'm not trying to you know, get.
Speaker 1: Uh you live in a trailer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I live in a like a trailer park or city trailer.
Speaker 1: Do you and you live by yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean here's the thing. You live way better than most people in New York City.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, guess you're right.
Speaker 1: What I mean, do you have do you have a lot? Do you have like? Uh, do you have space in the trailer to be a person?
Speaker 4: I mean it's a one bedroom of one, you know, uh, like a living room and stuff. But it's just like there's no central air. My uh, washing dry don't work, so I have to go to the laundry. Matt. Uh, my icebox doesn't have a light bulb. Uh, there's no doors. It's just am I sound like a negative Nancy? You know you brought up a good point on living better than a lot of people, you know.
Speaker 1: I I man, yeah, I it's I feel so perceived talking to you. I I normally I I it's funny because again I do a show where I know that I put these out and people listen to them. But in talking to specifically you, it's the only time I feel perceived perceived.
Speaker 4: Can you receive? Okay?
Speaker 1: You know you know what the word perceived means?
Speaker 4: Right? Oh? Like scene? I mean yeah, maybe, okay, That's what I'm thinking of, perceived eyes you know scene? Yeah? Right? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you own the trailer or do you rented it?
Speaker 4: No? No, I'm definitely renting this piece of ship. No. I uh, I rented for six hundred a month. And that was a little rude.
Speaker 1: I mean, what what do you mean that? Why was what? What? What in any shape or form was rude about what you just said.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just my bad. I'm I'm from the down South, so sometimes interview cussin, you know, I just you know, I felt like I was rude saying that, like this piece of ship?
Speaker 1: Have you have you ever listened to this show?
Speaker 4: Yes? I have, Yes, I have, and there's been some crazy people.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can say ship, you can say yeah, cut, you can say whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Oh that sounds like a nails on a talkboard down here?
Speaker 1: What okay? Where do you stay?
Speaker 4: To you in Louisiana?
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, I'm really like, I I'm not again, I'm not saying this to Yankee or fucking whatever. I'm really I'm not worried about you at all. You have a good uh uh you see. You really seem like you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Be all right. Well, it's I don't know, you have no idea. I was laying in bed, you know, just uh you know, you know, like a potato, I guess. And then as soon as whenever, I was like hello, and it wasn't like a you know, the hello, this is Sarah the gecko. The line is either busy you know. I didn't hear that after the hello, I was like, oh my god, it's him, so like you just you bothed me out of bed man, like I was, I was shaking for a good minute. You have no idea. You really made my day.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you're you're I want to talk more about your dilemma about Baton Rouge. Yeah, what do you think you're gonna do?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not too sure because it's just like a situation of like the I have a dog too, you know, I say, I'm alone, It's just me and my buddy the names Johnny Cash. Yeah, he's he's awesome. He's sitting here right next to me. He's up my butt. But uh uh, I'm just worried about him. You know, I have to find a hotel where he can come with me. I'm you know, I'm not leaving my dog anywhere. You know, he's like my son. I know that's corny. I know I keep saying that, but uh and then you know, I go go to a hotel and you know, figure that out pretty much all my money. Uh then wait for my check and then see where we go from there. I think the next next one is like a couple more hours away, and it's just It's scary, you know, because you know, I'm I live on my own and stuff with like my mom. You know, I can go to my mom or my dad's house if I don't want to cook dinner or eat I say cookednn eat a hot pocket that night, you know, Uh, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It's just if I move, It's just like where I say move, if I go on the road, it's just we're gonna just go home or go to the hotel or wherever I'm at.
Speaker 1: I'll able to can I ask you what is your what's your ultimate dream? Like if you could do anything, what would you do?
Speaker 4: I mean my ultimate dream? Honestly, I mean that's a hard question because like that I've been asking myself that too recently. I just dang, you hit me, hit me hard, get go. I'm sorry if I just get taken a second. Sorry, Yeah, ultimate dream? Uh ship, I don't know. I guess it's just uh like my ultimate dream, no matter like what job I have, what I've done in my life, I want to be able to like leave something for my kids because my parent aren't able to do that for me and my family, you know, Uh, I'm not talking bad to my parents. They've really done better now with their life. But like the only thing they own is a car, you know, and they rent and stuff and there's nothing wrong with that. But I want to be able to, you know, leave a house or something for my kids, or leave something for you know, future. That makes sense. That's an ultimate dream unless you're asking like a job opportunity dream.
Speaker 1: I will, I guess. I guess I'm asking like, what do you want to do with your life?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: And and I guess you know, a career is an important part of that equation, but I guess I'm asking about the whole picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I really I want to travel for for sure, because I don't know if you've ever heard about Louisiana, but there's really not shit to do here. You know, we got a bowling alley and Putt putt.
Speaker 1: And then you know, are you anywhere near New Orleans now?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: I so Louisiana is a boot I live in like the heel, the back of the heel, and uh, it's just there's nothing nothing here we already have, Like I live close to the beaches, but it's the Gulf of Mexico. So it's just not the best and uh, this is not ship to do here. So I want to I want to travel for sure, but uh, I would have to make money to do that first. And I have to to make money and get a real job. I have to quit smoking weed. And uh it's just a bunch of things.
Speaker 1: Where all do you want to travel to?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean I like to see the United States first, you know, that's easy. My aunt, she's a my nana. She's a real big inspiration. She after her kids moved out and everything, she sold all of her ship, moved to Hawaii, you know, and we'll go visit her. Yeah, pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's pretty dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she bought for like five years, they're just living on the land, living in tents and ship, you know, and they building the house and then they got their house built. Shee and this is she's awesome. But I don't want to go visit her, you know, and then eventually go, you know, I want a corny again, go see the Pyramids of Egypt, you know, I want. I have to do that, you know, mm hmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: Well I feel like you can do all those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know I can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm trying to figure out, well, if I if I were, if I were you, and that's really your goal is to do all those things. I would probably see if you can try into how much can I ask? How much more money this? If can I can we get into some numbers? How much more money is this job that's far away?
Speaker 4: So per diem? It's like I would get that's really it's the same same amount of money, you know, but the per diem is really what the more money it comes in?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that? Uh?
Speaker 4: So do you know what per diem is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, So it's like if you live. It's like you live if your address is here, and then the job is like so many hours away, and they know you have to be written a hotel and stuff. They'll give you per diem on top of like your hourly base pay, so you'll get like for me, I'll get one hundred and ten dollars a day I'm out there per diem, So that's seven hundred not to give that.
Speaker 1: So so this job that's far away, it pays the same amount of money, yet they are giving you extra money to cover extra expenses. As a result, of it being far away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they're like that.
Speaker 1: But but that's not that's not getting paid more because you have to you actually have to use that money because it's farther away. No, So it's not a job that pays more.
Speaker 4: I mean kind, it's just like so like you get one hundred and ten dollars a day per diem and like, I don't know, like you don't have to I don't have to spend one hundred and ten dollars a day to live, you know, and then you get plus the sixteen an hour. So it's really like I'd be making like a little three hundred dollars a day something like that.
Speaker 1: But did you you didn't go to college, did you?
Speaker 4: No? I never went to college. I want I mean, I feel like I could. I feel like I'm smart, though.
Speaker 1: I don't know what did What do you do? What do you do again?
Speaker 4: Uh? Labor helping like electional lines whenever they whenever, like electual lines are messed up or need to be put up in the big can.
Speaker 1: You is there is there a universe where you can go to like a trade school or something.
Speaker 4: Like that for for cheap Not really, not realistically because of the money. Yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 1: What about what about like a like community college?
Speaker 4: I'd have to I don't, I mean I have, I haven't really looked too much into it. I just know that I have to pay for it. If that's it, I have to work to get the money to pay for it, you know. Mh that's up. That's all goes back down, the money, the root of all evil. M hm. So that's what I'm thinking about. Doing this other job for a little bit, make more money, and maybe to school for something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it's a terrible plan.
Speaker 4: But holy shit, I can't believe I talked to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just nice. I'm glad we got to talk. I'm sorry if you know, I don't know. I don't know why I said I'm sorry just now. I think that's my default.
Speaker 4: Nah, you're fine. Uh man, this is awesome. You have no idea. You really made my day. I think you're the one I've been laying to bed all day. You maybe jump out of bed and ship. Uh. I appreciate it. Man, you're awesome.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Zach. I think I think you're awesome. I think you're Uh, you're a cool guy. You got a brother.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I look I I I know that like life is fucking tough when the econ me is fucking tough. But I'm happy to hear that you. You know, I don't know. You seem like you're you just O God. I feel like a fucking grandpa or something. But you just have a good head on your shoulders.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 1: So whatever, I'm not worried about you. I think you'll be all right.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Nah? I mean I feel you say, I have the nice I'm gonna just be grew real quick. If you've been on if he's answered your call like three times, please give other people a chance. I've called like a year and a half.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's all I want to say.
Speaker 4: I love you, ye later, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thanks Zak, take care later.
Speaker 3: There re be Get Goos on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 1: Never be Get goes to his hide. You're just teaching you the housing your life. But he's not really an expert.