Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Triste Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, we're heading to the All Star Break, Yes we are. There is a lot popping around the league. I'm going to break down the latest names on the buy out market, Kevin Love and what that might mean we finally get around actually giving Mark Danielle some love. People don't even know who that is. People who watch it the NBA don't even know who Mark Danielle is, maybe even some of his players.
Speaker 1: And much more.
Speaker 2: It's All Star week, Nick, Do me a favor. This might be the last episode until we get back. Do me a favor and drop that motherfucker beat. So the All Star Game is scheduled for Salt Lake City this Sunday. The weekend starts today Tomorrow, Tomorrow Friday, Saturday Sunday. And I've got to say I'm usually very excited for the All Star Break, one for myself and two I like the festivities, and it seems this year that it's just maybe it's just call me someone who's not a huge fan of Utah, but I'm just kind of mah on it had the opportunity to go stay for free, and I said, you know what, I'm good. I'm gonna stay home. The weather in Utah isn't the only thing that's keeping me from going, but I think a lot of it does have to do with the fact that it's being held in Salt Lake City, the Mormon capital of the world. I don't even know if I can get a chai latte there. Also, it's the week after the Super Bowl this time, so let's be honest, I'm kind of tired, and I think we need a full week in between super Bowl and All Star like they did it in the good old days. The timing this year, to me.
Speaker 1: Is slightly off. It's a little old quick.
Speaker 2: To just jump right in the All Star break as soon as the Super Bowl is over is just a little too much for me particularly, And I don't want to be a downer about it, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to just hate on it because I love the NBA.
Speaker 2: But the final straw for me, this was it because I had one thing, and one thing alone I was excited for, and that was T Mac Baby T Mac himself, Shade and Sharp participating in the dunk contest. And you know what, I was juiced. I was singing it from the rooftops.
Speaker 1: Shade in Shade Din.
Speaker 2: Little baby Kobe, little baby t Mac gonna go out and rip everybody's throats out. And you know what, all of a sudden, he just decides for no good reason. He said it had something to do with the integrity and like commitments to his team. Now that he's getting more minutes because Josh Hart got traded or something, he said he's pulling out for team commitment reasons. What the fuck does that mean? Everybody's got a meant to their team.
Speaker 1: You're in thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Wait, let's look, let's look really fast NBA standings. I can't even look at so gross on a day to day basis. Sir, you're in twelve place in the West. You should be in the Dunk Contest. Do you remember when Anthony Simon's was.
Speaker 1: In the Dunk Contest?
Speaker 2: And what it was that last year?
Speaker 1: Again, another tanking team.
Speaker 2: Do you think you guys are coming out of the doldrums to some sort of semblance of a playing team.
Speaker 1: Get out of here, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: And then that might actually be the nail on the coffin for it as a whole, because you know who they brought in for Shade and sharp, No shade to him. Good kid, mac McClung, Get the fuck, get this shit out of here. Man. Mac McClung's like, what six', one he's a high. Flyer The philadelphia seventy Six ers brought him up from THE G league just so he could wear a seventy six ers.
Speaker 1: Jersey what are?
Speaker 2: We what are we? Doing what are we?
Speaker 1: Doing?
Speaker 2: Now there's like, Chatter we talked about it on my Social why don't we just why don't.
Speaker 1: We just stop this?
Speaker 2: Noise why don't we just bring professional dunkers in and see what they can?
Speaker 1: Do these guys.
Speaker 2: Don't they're not committed to the grind of the dunk. Contest, No like they're just happen to be good at. It joh just happens to be. Good Aunt edwards just happens to be. Good shaden just happens to be. Good they're not like everybody Loves chris On, TikTok who can do every dunk underneath the, sun on every surface underneath the. Sun bring him, in bring his homies in. Anyway dunkademics has a whole account full of dudes you could just pick. Out give a million dollar prize to whoever wins the Dunk contest and make it a thing. Anyway three Point, contest, however might be lit this. Year look at the Lineup Tyrese, Halliburton Tyler, Hero Buddy, Healed Kevin, Herder Dame, Time Laurie, Marknen Julius, randall And Jason.
Speaker 1: Tatum the only.
Speaker 2: Thing missing is Car Anthony, towns but he's hurt as, usual And Stephen. CLAY i have a ton of love For Damian lillard, here BUT i think these young guns are gonna want to put on a. Show does anybody love to shoot at volume more Than Buddy? Healed, NO i don't think anybody. Does that's why he has the shortest odds to win the whole damn thing at plus four twenty. Five Buddy heald is gonna shoot and shoot some. More he is a great catch and shoot. Shooter and you Got kings Getting Kavon, Herder Red velvet in. There probably the best part Of All Star weekend right here is the three Point contest and it takes about forty. Minutes as for the game, ITSELF i have some. THOUGHTS i think there are going to be players who are in very separate. Camps you've got one, camp which IS i am here at The All star break and it is an incredible, Accolade BUT i have no interest in actually putting any effort thus fourth into the game. ITSELF i am here to party and bullshit and party and. Bullshit there's a lot of, those. Right and then there are guys who, SAY i do not. CARE i want to win Anything i'm. At i'm going to put my full effort. In i'm going to play like this a playoff. GAME I am not trying to get embarrassed out. Here so who are the players most likely to mail it in during The All Star? Game, well number one culprit on this, list very very specifically big culprit like hasn't even hit it in any. Way Nikola Jokic nikolai okicch wants nothing to do with The All Star.
Speaker 1: Game he plays almost no.
Speaker 2: Minutes he's averaging six point eight points per game and his Four All star. APPEARANCES i if you can get player props On Nikola, JOKICIC i would hammer the Under he is not doing a goddamn. Thing he's eating and he's drinking and he's kicking. It he's already said, that AND i don't have any business doing. Anything plus he's a Big we're gonna get a lot of players who are guards trying to get their. Shine number, two.
Speaker 1: Let's be.
Speaker 2: HONEST i hate to say, IT i really do BECAUSE i love, him But John moran is coming to. Party he's not coming to do anything else but to enjoy the festivities of the. Event and now he's got his teammate, There Jaron jackson in his very First All star. Appearance did you See? Jaws video From Instagram live last? Year it was just tequila shot after tequila shot after tequila. SHOT i would be more inclined to bet That Jah moran will get into a fight At All Star game than he will be THE mvp of The All Star. GAME i know that one is much more likely than the. Other he had six points in eighteen minutes last. Year so, Yeah number Three. Luca luca's doing.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: Luca we already know What luca wants to do when it's not time to play, significant serious. Basketball he, Chills he. Chills he's gonna tell whoever his coach, Is hey put me in for four or five, minutes And i'm just gonna. CHILL i got an ankle. Injury our team's not doing that. Great i'm trying to participate With. Kyrie me And kyrie might have like a little two man, game But i'm out let him have the. Shine he's there for the, spectacle not to put in. Buckets number. Four most player most likely to mail it in And i'm fine with it Is Joel. EMBIID i don't even Think joel.
Speaker 1: And BID's gonna.
Speaker 2: Play why he, SAID i haven't been healthy for three. Weeks i've just been trying to get to The All star break and figure it. Out he said he should have rested two weeks. Ago he averages twenty two to ten and two when he's not banged. Up he is very banged up right. Now on the flip side of the, coin there are going to be players who are, tryhards absolutely try their very hardest to get a, dub to show, out to jack up, threes to dunk all these. Things number, one here's my top five players most likely to try their very hardest and to ball out in The All Star. Game number One.
Speaker 1: Yannis yannis loves The All Star.
Speaker 2: Game you Bring giannis's brothers, there you would think that would make him more likely to party in. Bullshit, no it is him more likely to show out for his family because that is Who yannis. Is he wants the ball in his hands at all. Times he's going to shoot a million. Threes he is going to, dunk he is going to block. Shots he's going to be. Everywhere he averages twenty nine nine to four in.
Speaker 1: The All Star. Game that is.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous he is YOUR mvp front runner for, sure number, two and this is all predicated on who's getting. Minutes If Aunt edwards gets, minutes he's dunking on people's faces all day. Long he is going to do whatever he can to show. Out he is going to try to block, shots steal get out into try. Transition he didn't think he was playing well enough to make The All star, team so he is going to show the voters why they made the right decision to let him in as an injury. Replacement number Three Dame. Lillard number three Is Dame. Lillard he is another front runner For All STAR. Mvp no steph to stop him from shooting from thirty every single. Time if he plays on the same team As. Lebron lebron's going to pass The dame all day every day because you know what time it. Is he had thirty two that last time that he played in twenty. One shay another likely candidate to ball. Out this is a guy who does not get enough. Shine if he gets the, minutes he is going to want to show. OUT i don't think he's got any other gear than to ball the fuck.
Speaker 1: OUT i just.
Speaker 2: Don't he drives like thirty times a. Game you think he's gonna stop doing that in The All Star.
Speaker 1: GAME i do.
Speaker 2: Not number five most likely to ball out and to try hard in The All Star game Dearon. Fox he operates at mock ten at all. Times he is A Sacramento. King he is doing this for The beam. Team how long is the fan base gone without seeing A sacramental king in The All Star. Game he's, young he's fresh off of having a. Baby that fatherhood juice is running through his. VEINS i would pick some bonus to ball, out but he has a hand, Injury so number one on That Sacramento kings. Team he's going to show out for him and his. Teammate and like last, year probably the most exciting thing About Austro weekend is The Rising Stars. Game unfortunately everything else is kind Of players are going to be all stars soon want to get some. Shine they want to show the. World, HEY i am good. Too here are the. Teams there are four of. Them there Are Team Deron. Williams by the, way these team, COACHES i don't even know how THE nba chose. Him we Got Deron, Williams we Got Jokim, noah we Got Pow. Gasol and you might Say Team jason is that white? Chocolate no Is Jason. Terry who chose these?
Speaker 1: Captains?
Speaker 2: Who why they do? That?
Speaker 1: ANYWAY i.
Speaker 2: Digress So Deron williams's team Has Jalen, green Aj Griffin Bones. Hyland, wow this is a team for the. Chuckers Walker, kessler WHO i, Love Trey murphy another, Chucker Olprin shangoon another. Chucker Franz wagner another. Chucker Wow Wow. Wow this should be a fun team to watch play offense not. Defense Yo Keem noah's team we Got Jalen, Duran Josh, Giddy Quinton, Grimes Evan, Mobley Jabari, Smith Jeremy, sohan And Jalen. WILLIAMS i Think Joe Kiem noah got the best interesting. Team he's Got Josh, Giddy he's Got Quentin grimes and the, guards along With Jalen duran And Evan mobley in the. Middle this is the most, Like, okay this is a real basketball, Team, like this is a team you could actually see playing competitive. Hoops you add In Jeremy, sohan who's a defender and is shooting some better uh with his new one handed. Situation you Got Jalen williams with the. E this team shit ball. Out Pal gasol his, Team Jose, Alvarado paolo Ben, Caro Scottie, Barnes jade And. Ivy did he choose? These Benedict, Mathern Keegan murray And Andrew Nemhart probably the most talented team out of all four by. Far these guys athletically in their own, way. Elite palo obviously a. Monster Scotty barnes can do a million. Things Jose alvarado is gonna get under your skin and try very hard the entire. Time he's gonna go one hundred miles a. Minute jade N, ivy we already know what time it. Is With Jaye, Nivy he's like just gonna chuck and do these crazy jawl like. Things Benedict mathrin' same Deal Keig murray's gonna try to calm the team. Down write simmrom, down, guys, like we just just play our, defense stay in.
Speaker 1: Ourselves Keig murray is gonna be the dad of the. Group and Then Andrew, nemhard who knows why he's.
Speaker 2: There he's been, okay but WHO i honestly don't know why he was Chosen No, shade but HONESTLY i don't. Know and Then Team Jason, terry which is THE G league. Team, Guys i'm not even going to mention all of them because you don't know who they. Are the top Names Scoot, Henderson mac, McClung Kenny Lofton junior wild, Choice Scottie Pippen Junior, okay just a very fascinating team OF G league dudes who want to prove to the assembled lottery picks. Josel verado not included that they belong. There Scoot henderson specifically wants to show he should be the number one overall. Pick, yeah this is the high highlight of The All star. Weekend it's gonna get, chippy it's gonna get. Fun we'll be to recap the weekend's, festivities but the truth of the matter. IS i have never been more underwhelmed by An All star weekend in my. LIFE i might not even watch IF i didn't have to, bet it didn't have to. Work there's nothing of value there that we can. Take it's not, like, oh, hey you missed The All Star. Game you're not a REAL nba. Person that's just not. True