Speaker 1: Scam come from scamm Come.
Speaker 2: Rob's right, goddess, whats pop and congregation, it's your girl.
Speaker 3: Lacey Mosley aka Scam Goddess, back with another episode of the comedy podcast all about robbery, fraud and those who practice it. Sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them. We will see along the way. But guess you already know what I call y'all guests at this pet y'all a our guests on the show as much as y'all comment and send messages and dvms and emails, and I appreciate that. Congregation, y'all know I'm very what, yes, excited, thrilled, elated for our first time guest today. You may have seen him on Honorable Gaze where he alongside Rob Anderson and Eric Sadenil Judge MESSI, Reddit Drama, and you certainly have heard and seen him on Queer Eye, Next in Fashion, Deli, Boys, Heads will Roll, Princess Power, and so much more. Congregation, please welcome first timer and certainly hopefully not the last ten friends to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi tan Oh, I love how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great?
Speaker 4: God? That was a gorgeous intro.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We like to give the girls are flowers.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I've been watching you on TV forever, so it's so lovely to chat with you in purse.
Speaker 4: I've got a feeling I joined TV when you were three because that skin's making you look like you're a child. I don't know, I know you are, you very young. I've only been on TV for ten years, and you know.
Speaker 2: I'm not being on TV for ten years?
Speaker 3: Is like I mean, when you started, when you were a zigo, you know what I mean. They took you out of the womb and they said this face television.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Tanna's a baby. True.
Speaker 4: If the audience is a seen you don't know what I look like, just google it and you'll see that's not true. I had a face for rayd Yo Radio.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. But we love the humility. We love a little fake, humble moment.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know you're giving the girls hope that maybe one day they'll have skin like tan. Okay, they'll have that full, luscious head of hair.
Speaker 4: I will say this, I know my skin's tight of forty three and it looks pretty darn good and now got weirdly blonde hair, but it's a very full ahead of her. So I know I've got that going for me.
Speaker 2: Yes and tan. This is also not a concerning blonde.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, like where my homeboys will go blonde, I'd be like, it's something going on in your life, Like it's just like a very wide no thing.
Speaker 4: In certain communities, if you see.
Speaker 2: Somebody down they're here bleach blode, you'd be like, what happened to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mine's a great blonde. Mine's like, was he naturally blonde? The answer is no, South Asians are not naturally blonde.
Speaker 2: You are now okay, box pear box swear.
Speaker 3: It's like women with bangs, Like one of our homegirls cuts their banks, We're like, what what did he do?
Speaker 2: What did she do? What's going on?
Speaker 4: I need you to know that straight girls will always ask the gay friends. And let me tell you, the gays have told you enough. Don't do it. They look great for a little while, but you're gonna cry to us when it's not looking good. When they've grown out. It's every like it's textbook three.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it anyway, insufferable.
Speaker 4: That's the one issue I think the gays have with their female friends. We love our feet, I love my girls. I'm a girl's gay one hundred that you've got two different kinds of gates. You got a gaye gain a girl's game. I'm a girl's gay. But I will say the one grive I have with my girls is stop asking me about those damn banks, because you've learned your lesson, or you should have learned your lesson. Our friend group is big, and every one of you I've told don't get banks, is you're gonna come crying to me in six months time. You just start, I.
Speaker 3: Always say, girling our clipping banks. Now you don't have to learn like we did back in the day. Okay, I'm on Real Housewives in New York with bangs that I cut myself, looking like what I've been through.
Speaker 4: Okay, were you one of those one of those I don't know, Internet like vine girls who caught their banks and let scy you cut your bangs and you made the mistake of doing it too short?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, see, I learned from them. I learned from them.
Speaker 3: I was on the other end of the camera and I was like, okay, so I gotta twist the hair and I gotta bring it past my brows and cut it here.
Speaker 2: Because when you curl it. It's gonna be like, well, bam.
Speaker 3: Otherwise you're gonna get that one time beyond the head, that one bang that was like above her eyebrows.
Speaker 2: You know what, She could do it because it was fashion on the streets.
Speaker 4: I don't know when people are gonna learn, like, have we not seen enough of those videos to know? Why are you pulling your hair down to banks? Also? Why are you cutting your own banks?
Speaker 2: Because I have a bang feeling? I can't have a bang feeling tan.
Speaker 3: Okay, life, life gets hard, and sometimes a girl needs blinders. Okay, she needs something right in front of her eyes.
Speaker 2: Well, you're looking at this bullshit.
Speaker 4: I need you bangs, you're saying right your Riyes, that's fine. If they fr your rice, you're doing great. But if they are closer to your natural nowline, then they should be. That is a problem. That is a deal breakup.
Speaker 3: You've now turned that into teenage hairs. They're not baby hairs, quite, They're not a dollar hair. They're teenage hairs that you have on your forehead. Yes, oh it's rough, but you know what, it's a right of passage. It's a right of passage. And speaking of rights and passages. This is a worst segue I've ever done. But on the show Tan, we love to get our guests opinions in the segment that I call is it.
Speaker 2: A scam, a scame, or a real thing?
Speaker 3: So I'm going to ask you about three different subjects and you let me know if you feel like it's a scam, which would be something that should absolutely be illegal. Or is is it a scame where it feels shammy? Sometimes yeah, it's shady it sometimes it can work out, but it's shady.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like an alleyway.
Speaker 3: Maybe down you go down the alleyway and you do get that faux firking bag in China sound, or maybe you'll go down there you get hit in the head with a lad pipe.
Speaker 2: You don't know, yep.
Speaker 3: And then a real thing is something that we think legitimately belongs in society.
Speaker 4: Great, okay, well we should see lawls. Yes, okay.
Speaker 3: My first one for you just to keep on the skin because we were talking about this beautiful skin that you have tip multi step skincare routines. Are there a scam scheme or real things? So by that, I mean like when you wash your face at night, you got the toneer, the ret and now the serum, the vitamin seed, the water, moisturizer, you're using, wash you got the do I seem too familiar with this.
Speaker 4: I've got a feeling that you're about to come for me so hard because I am I am that festiv that does all of that. And I don't think it's a scam. I think it's what the last one, real one, Like everyone should be doing it. Why why are you not doing If you're not doing a at least a five step routine morning at night.
Speaker 2: Five, at least at least five, what are your five, tam? What are your five?
Speaker 4: Okay I'm talking about like, fuck me. Five is basic wash your face, but wash your face.
Speaker 2: And washing cowns. I think everybody's a wash.
Speaker 4: I know some dirty bitches that down't. So that has to be on. Sorry, it has to be on. So wash your face with some kind of cleanser and then the basics, tona, serum, moisturizer, extra moisturize, you've got some kind of peptad would be so nice. I mean, at least a retinal and then your moisturize. So that's basic five. But then you've got those nights like twice a week where you want to do a face mask, you want to do an led red mask. Oh my gosh, what else do I want to do? Sometimes I want to do a lip plumper whilst I sleep and that lip plumping mask on. There's so much shit that you could do five basic. If you don't do the five basic and you've got problem with skin, like, that's your problem, not bye.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the word. Okay, I kind of skew into it can be a scheme. Unfortunately, I could rat off all those products because obviously I have them.
Speaker 2: Here's where it comes a little scheming to me.
Speaker 3: I have the red light mask, and I have the collar that goes on your neck and your upper like just sitties, just cities to keep them, you know, looking as fresh as possible. And I have the one that like the esthetician recommends it. But my issue is is that every time I go and get a facial and I leave with several products and at one point I think I had like a twelve step skin carried too much. Yeah, it was too much and my skin started to react and was like girl girl. And here's here's why I think it might be a scheme. Tan though, like Tan, I love that you use these products. I use these products too, But genetics has so much to do with what your skin looks like. And I feel like people with your type of skin are always the ones in the commercials splashing water they face out the sink in the whole bathroom with and then we all start thinking we're gonna have skin like Tan if we buy the whole line.
Speaker 2: And that's a little schemy.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know no, you're absolutely no. Okay, that's not even just a bit skimmy. That's a bit scammy. Okay, if we're really going to work on the definition. Here's my issue is if you're going for a facial, I think the scam is getting you to buy those products that you use at the facial because that facial shit that they do, like when you go to somewhere nice for a facial, they're not just using basic fucking products. They've got tools, like they've got like proper tools. Don't tell me that I'll be able to keep this up with these, as you said, twelve products at home. Get the fuck out of here, bitch. I know you no, I know I can't. And so that's the scam. I never buy the product from the facial place. I will get the facial done and then I will still use my products. My facial is just for like a spruce before a big event. I can't do it maybe once every three or four months. It's not a regular thing. And definitely don't fall for the scam of buy this shit because you're going to be able to do it at home. No, there's no way you're getting this look at home.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I fully fell for that scam.
Speaker 2: I have a facial steamer like you name it. I got it for the face.
Speaker 4: Bab Oh, you're crazy. Sorry, we should we should have established that.
Speaker 3: I'm We didn't tell you that in the pre interview though, nobody.
Speaker 4: Oh ship, yeah yeah, I can't help crazy. Like I a therapist steam before to get out of it. Get out of it. No, you you were scammed. I bet that was expensive too, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: You know it was along with my LED red light and everything else.
Speaker 4: Also, I think that LED red light might also be a scum.
Speaker 2: You have to get the right one.
Speaker 3: There's some that don't have enough frequency to actually give you the halogen boost.
Speaker 4: Oh you dropped the kool aid. Well done. I will say that there are a lot of like derms like demotologies on insta who will do the review of all the shit that we used to say whether it's good or not. They all do say the red light mask is good. But you're right if you get the right one. I might not have the right one. I just wait until some one gifted it, so it might not be the best one.
Speaker 2: I mean, it might be good. It's for good, it's fine.
Speaker 4: I think it's one of those things that we think is working because it's modern technology, but really isn't.
Speaker 3: It does sometimes feel a little bit like a placebo. But what I will say is that it involuntarily gives me some relaxation time, because when I have that mask on, I look like Jason Boorhees and I have to just like at least sit still for twenty minutes. So maybe I'm just regulating my nervous system and pretending that my skin is getting better from.
Speaker 4: Regulating your nervous system might be helping your skill.
Speaker 2: And it actually does stress Acne is real. Maybe that's the whole scam of it all.
Speaker 4: That's it. So really you don't need that you should to put in some kind of relaxation mode and you're abs to be fine. Yeah, don't spend the money on the red light mask. I don't think it makes that much of difference.
Speaker 3: I don't either, but I will say, like, there's certain things in your skincare routine that can help with your skin. But also it is genetics, and it's also diet. Guys, Like, diet's a huge one for me.
Speaker 2: Gut health.
Speaker 4: I know you didn't ask the question, but I'm going to tell you anyway. I didn't want you. I talk a lot. I don't drink soda. I eat really healthy. I try not to eat as you chug your soda well done water and I always have drunk a shocking amount of water since I was a teenager. I have really bad skin as a team, and so my mom was like, drink a lot of water, start with the soda, stop with the fried food, and you'll be great. And it's amazing what it does. So before you invest in that red light mask that's going to cost you hundreds of hundreds, maybe just put the diet coke away.
Speaker 3: Put the diet coke away, lay off the alcohol, and get those good gut health foods.
Speaker 2: It's good for your mental health as well.
Speaker 4: Pickles, pickles, pickles. I know it's gonna sound so ludicrous, but a lot of pickles really good feod.
Speaker 2: Fermented foods can get you some more, rolog get you some of the leafy greens.
Speaker 4: Booky. It's the reason why those Japanese kids are looking so dumb, good like they eat so much fermented chip.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we make like the Korean skin diet. Have they made it yet?
Speaker 4: I know they haven't. But chick is bomb? Have you been have you been sold?
Speaker 2: Not? Yeah, but it's on my list. I want to fry chicken there too, because black American soldiers introduced Korean people to frying chicken during the war, and then Korean people took that ship and ran with a Korean yeah we are.
Speaker 4: I would love to join you in that, but I don't eat meat. But I love that for you. I love that for you. An you a bit, thank you so much. I do like to watch people eat, so I will happily watch you eat that food.
Speaker 2: And also I do like a mug pang.
Speaker 3: So I so your final boat multi SEPs skin care routine, SA game okay, okay, light yeah, real thing.
Speaker 2: Scheme, it's real thing. Slash scheme.
Speaker 3: I agree with you there, Okay, what about this one scam schemeer real thing tan fast fashion slash dupes. So what I mean by that is like when something comes out, you know, on a runway, or we see it at a med or we see it on an actress, or it's in a popular television show, and then a brand like a Sheen or a team MoU remakes it, or even a Steve Madden because Steve Madden loves designer, you know.
Speaker 2: So do we think that's a scam, a scheme or a real thing?
Speaker 4: I want to say scam. Well, my perspective is different from yours.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me hear let me.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're married. I'm going to plead my case and you can tell me whether you think it's a scam, scheme, morial.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I was a designer. I guess wants a designer always a designer, of course this is And I used to make women's wear and that's how I started my career. And I had brands that made women's wear, and I would design something called private label where I would design a full collection. Nordstrum target feby twenty one would come and look at that collection and say, Okay, can you make this Bras store in this color and this print which I would have available? Yep, sure, and then I'm gonna put your label in it. But then what I found was a bunch of companies would then knock off my product. So I was the designer, they would knock off my product, and they would then sell it for less and sell a hag of a lot more. Oh as far as i'm because they that's a scam because you're fucking with my money. Yeah, but you you fully fucked with my money, Like the people aren't just buying my shit now because mine's slightly more expensive than your shitty quality version. And so I see it as a scam. But I think I only see it as a scam because I was at the top of that pyramid. If I were the san or the team or even the customer, I'd be like, now I'm getting a barg Like I'm getting a deal. So that's the real one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I say, you're gonna give me your opinion, So I agree with you about stealing from artists when it comes to their like their intellectual property. And unfortunately it's the wild wild West when it comes to like clothing and in general, because like everything that's been made has been made before, So making something that's kind of similar to somebody else's work that it's more affordable and probably extremely lower quality is not obviously not a new thing and not technically illegal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when it.
Speaker 3: Comes to like hard working artists, like I remember the big scandal about like Kim Kardashians, like or not Kim, but Kloyd Kardashian's clothing line had a lot of dupes of smaller designers, but they had like physical receipts and evidence of the company. I don't know if I knew about this with the company Good American, like ordering things from smaller designers and then you know, picking them apart and then making them for their brand. So I don't I don't agree with the intellectual property theft, and that to me is definitely a scam. I lean towards scam scheme because there have been so many times that I was in a high in college or high school wearing a Steve mattendup of a Manolo. I had no idea. I was like, oh, cute shoe, but I had no idea. Steve was like, oh, my beer LVMA, I.
Speaker 4: Agree with that. I don't think. I don't think you the customer is ever the problem. Like they're not the scam. They're not the scam, but toll not. They're not even the scheme. They're the real one. They want the thing for less money. I absolutely agree that the customer is the real one, but the company that's knocking off knocking off the designer is the scam. It's a duo, and I don't know if you ask for a duo, but it's a fucking duo. Two things can be true.
Speaker 2: Two things can be true. I think even locked our first duo. And I think that you are absolutely right, especially because I look at like a Steve Madden going for like a high in corporation and giving something accessible to the you know, the girls on the cul de Sac who also want.
Speaker 3: To be fashion girl leies. You know the girls you know in the apartment complexes. I'm in an apartment, you know what I mean? We got that manches, so maybe we're not buying the thirty thousand dollars booth. But you know, if Steve Mann got the same looking boot, I can still give thirty thousand without spending that right, So scamming up like that.
Speaker 2: That doesn't bother me because the rich.
Speaker 3: Company is still getting they're they're getting their consumers who are not going to step foot and Steve Madden, you know what I mean, it's a and vice versa. But I think what you're talking about tan being a small creator and then them taking from you.
Speaker 2: Now, that's where it gets very scammy for me.
Speaker 4: And that's the most common Just so you know, that is the most people, whether they're taking from the small crazy because they're like, no one knows this bitch who cares? No, that's not lucky. Yeah, that's a pictures lay. Also what I'm also going to position this, Sorry, this is not meant to be a PSA, but I will say we love it. So you don't need the dupe of that fancy thing. I've always said, I want to say it again. If you can't dress well cheaply, you can't dress well well period. You don't need that knockoff of that lou Baton thing. Crazy something. I used to fucking create my own shit all the time. When I was in the high school, I was broke. I came from a poor family, really poor family. I didn't have money until I was in my mid to late twenties, and I'm talking about even a bit of money into my mid to late twenties, as I was broke. As a joke, I created shit like be unique, Like you don't need to have that same thing that everyone else has got if you can't afford it. I think that sometimes not having the funds makes you so much more creative than stylish. I walk around the streets of New York looking at these kids. I know they can't afford shit, like I can tell the students, but they look more creative and stylish than any fancy bitch icee on the Upper West Side of the West Side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, expensive doesn't equal chic, and I definitely had to learn that also. You're right, but sometimes the less resources you have, the more creative you are then. And you can sometimes see the difference between like someone who grew up and is in our industry and didn't have as much and someone who grew up in the industry who came from everything, Like our brains just work a little differently because we're a little bit more resourceful because we.
Speaker 4: Had to be agreed, agreed, agreed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm definitely on the same page with you on that. Although I will say this will piss me off, and I think y'all getting scammed out there's young people or younger than me people because we're young people. I'm so tired of seeing y'all look like y'all fell in a bin a good will and then I find out that every piece on you is a high label fashion thing. Like I know, it's kitschy sometimes to get something that's like ripped up or whatever from a designer, Like it's like they're like wink at that. But I'm like, girl, if you don't take yourself down to a thrift store and get that outfit and it'll be probably better made because this was a whip together in these raggedy ass factories.
Speaker 4: But every time I see Balancia go of.
Speaker 2: That month, that's what I was thinking about.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I could have found that in the trash behind an hobby's.
Speaker 3: Now they go jag because I know I stay in a speed secret but still, but they.
Speaker 4: Have one or two things that a nice put. Yeah, the majority of it. I'm like, you just saw a homeless person on the street and knocked off that person's I got the whole look that's.
Speaker 3: Wild as hell, okay, yeah, I agree with you. I agree with you. I will say this though, shout out to the products. I know we're just talking about skincare. If you girls want to get into a step routine and you don't want to spend a ton of money local drug stores. I read somewhere that like Elf is really good about waiting until a patent has to release their like ingredients, and as soon as they do, Elf will make a doup of that same ingredients way less expensive, and so you can be doing your lamier routine with less expensive products and you know, get you a little five step.
Speaker 2: And this is for men too.
Speaker 3: I don't care if you date men women, if you're paying whatever. I don't know who put the scam propaganda out there for straight men that being hygienic was unattractive to women.
Speaker 2: But if I see a man who smells good and his skin.
Speaker 3: Is glowing and his nails are manicured, I'm immediately like ooh, ooh, Scar.
Speaker 4: God, kind of how gross can I be? Disgusting? On your podcast? Everyone, thank you so much. You know you're you just on lock something that I've been dying to talk about, but I've never ever said publicly because it disgusting. No, I'm sorry. Everyone's saying, I'm so sorry. This shows you who I really am. I've just they edit me to make me seem chic on TV. There's nothing fucking about me, No, nothing about me. I have thought this so many fucking times. I've said this to my girlfriends. You want a man who takes care of himself. Sorry, I'm gonna get very disgusted. You do not want that man putting his hands, fingers on you, or disgusting part in you, in you if those fingers are not fucking taking care of you, want to make sure that if you can't see that he's done at least the most basic skincare routine, and that his hands are clean, washed after every toilet use, perfectly manicured. Not I don't need a polish, I just need it to be clean. You don't need that shit in you. You do not need that man's hands in you. And I know you're like, I want a real man. Do you also want a disease in your vagina? Because you're gonna get it with that real mind?
Speaker 2: You a real you get a real Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna make you real real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I absolutely agree, And I think straight men listen to other straight men too often about what women want. And I'm like, baby, and this is gonna tie into our whole episode. I'm like, baby, you're trying to impress the wrong people. You need might need to discover why you trying to impress them. Because the first thing I look at on a man, and I'm pan sexual, so men and women, I.
Speaker 3: Really don't have to worry about women. But first thing I look at it on a man is his hands.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: It's not the muscles that you juiced uff. It's not all that protein that you've got to get your traps. I'm not looking at your delts.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at your hands.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you something that it's gonna there's there's something that I say that's going to make me seem very very harsh. I don't think i'm harsh. I just think i'm honest. So I'm very British, which means we're a lot more forward. There was a man. This was in the Delta Lounge. It's called the Sky Club. It wasn't too long ago. There was a man who used the restroom and it wasn't one of those restrooms where there are like restrooms within the restroom, where they've got their own sink. It was just stalls, just stalls. This guy had very clearly dropped a deuce out, came out as and walked right past me as I stood in the miror washing my hands, and I saw him, and he was like hey, because he knew who I was, was like hey, He walked out, went to some girl. Don't know who the woman was, but I'm assuming it's somebody that he was romantically involved with. And as I walked out, I saw him with her and they were both staring. I said, oh, fancy we say hi, And so I walked over and I said, I'm so sorry to say this book. He just he's a boat to wash his hands, enjoy the best of your meal, because I would want some bit to do me that same solid thinking. You ain't putting your girl on me, bitch, You are not putting your fingers in me without fucking washing your hands first, you dirty bustard. I'm a girl's girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a girl's girl. No wile high for him? Okay, like wash your head.
Speaker 3: Also, the double embarrassment of being a fan of your work tand and then be like, oh my god, Dan's approaching us, and then you're thinking about to get you with a selfie. You got to think that photo where you point incident celebrity and this celebrity is like, hey baby, uh you got hella hella fecal germs on ye yeah, Okay, don't share no finger foods with Bookie.
Speaker 2: Okay, looking at the dookie here. Okay.
Speaker 4: Typically I've always smiling and I would never do it, but I just watched this poor girl. I just thought you two are in You are intertwined like that boy is gonna try and touch you soon. Dirty bustard, Dirty bustard community.
Speaker 2: We shout out to the community.
Speaker 3: I love that for both of us and our last scam schemer. Real thing before we get into the.
Speaker 2: Hoodwink here is free trials go on.
Speaker 3: So you know, if you sign up for a subscription service, let's say, you know it could be a streaming service, it could be like any apps on your phone, yeah, where they give you a free trial. You know, you want that face editing app because you're trying to snatch up that face of that body. You want the extra pro plus airbrush or camp or whatever, and they give you that free trial.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's a scam scheme or a real thing.
Speaker 4: It's a total fucking scam. How do we not how have we not seen that? If they don't take your credit card details, that's just a real one. Yeah, keep me that free thing for a week. Come and look that free things for a week. But if you're asking for any of my details, even just my email, because you're gonna bump out my email, oh yeah, with a bunch of office and whatever. If you want to ask a friend thing and return, you're just like, I enjoyed this for a week, bitch. I'm like, oh, you're a real one. But no one's ever doing that. They all always want your credit card details always, and you know, you fucking know we're all way too busy to cancel a membership after week. You were never gonna remember that, don't I know that? People say, well, you could just put a reminder on your phone. Bit, get a fuck out. I'm putting a reminder on my phone about fucking trial membership. You know it's not gonna happen. You know that I'm gonna have to pay at least a month, your cheeky bastards. Do you know what you do in it's a scamp subscam, the syscamp I.
Speaker 2: Recommend if you have an iPhone.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, and Andrew, I think it's just like the app store as well, but like go in there, look at subscriptions and see what you're subscribed to and look down the list because you'd be surprised something might still be charging you. There's also reputable ways to go through your bank to see how many prescription subscriptions are coming out of your account monthly.
Speaker 2: I recently did that and started canceling Hella shit.
Speaker 4: But there's a way to PayPal. I've had a PayPal membership for about fifteen years and I know it comes out of my account, but I have no idea how to stop.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 3: That's one of the hardest I have subscriptions that go to pout and people I won't even line up your subscriptions for you. You have to go through the payment things that are being like extracted, because sometimes your Apple apps won't even show you all the subscriptions that you have. You really have to do some forensic research to see Sean Nickel and diming you. I also recommend having a fake a spam email I have an email from Yahoo. That's where all of my clothing accounts, all of the things go to for the advertisements, because I might want the discount, or I may want to send all my receipts there, but I don't want them in my real work. A personal email, So everybody, you need an email. I used to probably like a porn sign up email. You need an email that serious.
Speaker 4: I think your type, like, I don't know your now that sounds very type to me. The best way.
Speaker 3: I might have some some type A tendencies flown around, but I'm very typey. Baby, damn, you get to know your girl. Okay, I lose everything right, Oh yes, I literally This week I had a flat tire and so luckily I just got my car detailed, and across the street there was a place that sold tires.
Speaker 2: So I go and I get a new tire, and the guy's like, okay, your car is ready to go. So I get in my car and I drive away, and I have a push to start, so you have to have the keys in the car to start the car. So I start the car, I drive away. I'm driving home. I'm off the freeway. Whatever.
Speaker 3: I stopped to the bank to deposit and stuff. I'm trying to park my car at the bank and lock it, and I'm like, where are my keys? I just got my car detailed right, so it's very clean. So I'm looking around the car like did I drop them? Did they fall through the seat? I got my phone flashlight. I'm looking look and look and look and look and look at everywhere. I'm like, where the hell did I put my keys? And my car doesn't run without the keys, so I turned it off, turned back on. It's still running. I'm like, where the fuck are these keys?
Speaker 2: Tell me why. I finally get out of the car and I noticed that the.
Speaker 3: Keys are have slipped in between the window and the front trunk of my car.
Speaker 2: So I drove on the freeway with my keys sitting outside of my car.
Speaker 4: S insane.
Speaker 3: The mechanic who changed my tire put my keys on top of my car and I just drove away.
Speaker 4: That sinsane. I can't believe it worked. Mine. Mine has to basically be on the pushbutton to work. That's insane. That yours worked outside the car.
Speaker 2: You know the windows shield it slid into that podcat. I just on the freeway when my keys Willy nilly outside of how.
Speaker 4: The fuck did you find those? I would never thought to look there.
Speaker 3: That is wild because I'm type B and I was like, where, what's something in the refrigerator?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, No, that's typeing bullshit because you knew what to look. I never would have thought of that wild.
Speaker 3: No, I only know because of shenanigans. Once you find your remote control and your refrigerator, once you know what's.
Speaker 2: Going on in your life, you know, you know yourself, you gotta look at unexpected places.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's fair.
Speaker 3: But yes, free trials, guys, just use the app which for what you needed for and then immediately cancel it right then and there. Now a few apps and things will only let you do that a couple of times before they're like, oh no, girl, you you locked in now.
Speaker 4: But I do think because then they know you all the scamma, yes, and they need to be the scamma. The scamming.
Speaker 2: You're not robbing us, we robbing you.
Speaker 4: What do you think this is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, becomes a spider Man beat. Yeah. No, I completely agree with you.
Speaker 3: But I do think if you don't use an app very often and you just need it for a very specific thing.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and get that free trial and then immediately once you're done.
Speaker 4: One percent, do it. But you're gonna have to find a way. I just haven't because I'm too lazy of a person to find a way to remind yourself. Otherwise you've fought for a long term. They're gonna charge you a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what I'm saying, do it right then in the moment, use the app and then immediately delete it unless you think you're gonna use it, and then I guess getting people they money. Yeah, yes, well those were amazing revelations, Tan, thank you so much. I've learned so much about you. And seems now we're gonna get into the main event of the episode. This is called historic hoodwinks. This is where we were Gale ten with a famous concaper group of criminals.
Speaker 2: We don't know yet.
Speaker 3: Maybe we love them, maybe we hate them, but for sure we will laugh at them, but never at the victims, because there should be no shame around getting scammed.
Speaker 2: Life is a scam.
Speaker 3: We're all getting God at some point, okay, and hopefully this will prevent us from getting scammed. So before we start, I do want to give a content warning up here you know, we like to lee would love life and crime over here and not get too dark. But the topical story that triggers this roundup does involve soliciting sex with a minor. We won't be getting into doing details there, but just so you know, we don't want to retrigger or we traumatize anyone.
Speaker 2: You know, all know how this podcast goes.
Speaker 3: But in the subsequent list of scammers, we try to curate out the more disturbing crimes. So if you're interested in those types of things, like you know, the links are always in our footnotes, but we're gonna keep it u scam related here.
Speaker 2: Just want to let y'all know. Okay, So here we go Historic Hoodwings Today ten we're talking about Alan Chambers first, the former gay cure minister.
Speaker 3: Who was arrested for soliciting sex with an underaged boy. Has joined a long historic list of anti gay activists who later came out or were outed as gay. We do not condone outing, even if like it's a really vicious scammer on this podcast, that's still your choice. I will say as a gig, I don't condone outing, but I'm not a purist when it comes to getting my lick back.
Speaker 4: So I don't even know what what does that?
Speaker 2: See, So, like getting your.
Speaker 3: Lick back means like if someone were to like hit you, right, they hit that a lick right, Like a lick can be a robbery like you catch a lick like, which means like you go rob people. So people might get their lick back like revenge basically, but it can be physical. It also can be like I'm robbing you, or it can be like, oh, you talked about me, I'm gonna, I'm gonna put your shit on the Oh yeah, so it's just getting a revenge revenge.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, yeah, get your licked bag. Absolutely, But I'm saying that because I'm sorry. If you're anti abortion, if you're anti gay, which to me personally, I don't know why you and other people's business. Mind your own.
Speaker 3: Mind your own. There's so much business for you, don't mind. I am so bogged down by the minutia of life every single day. I don't know where y'all find time to hate. Okay, I got to do my laundry. I don't have time to be a bigote like same. So, but so when they are gay, which I don't like to label them all as closeted homosexuals, because I think that's also negative to be like, oh, someone's homophobic all of a sudden, like they must be gay, like they're not nonymous.
Speaker 2: But when you got too much interest in the business, I'm like.
Speaker 4: Why, she protested to Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So Alan grew up in a Southern Baptist church in the nineteen seventies and eighties, where he felt ashamed for his secret attraction to men. Makes sense, Southern Baptists. They don't let you dance, they don't let you drink. I don't think they like I'm from the South. I'm a missionary Baptist. I don't think that they let you. You gotta wear skirts to church. I don't think you can wear makeup. I don't think you can have an alcoholic your wedding if you real Southern whoa, Yeah, it's like footloots over there.
Speaker 4: Shit. I thought old Christians except the balls were allowed to drink.
Speaker 3: Wow, they got some strictness if you're a real Southern Baptist. So Alan claimed to overcome his gay ness. He said he was delivered and became the president of Exodus International, one of the largest conservative Christian ministries.
Speaker 2: They love to put it international.
Speaker 3: After it because that's one thing, like I don't think any religion is better than another, and that includes choosing not to believe. I think it's a casino. Put your money on whatever you want to put you on. Money Me personally, I got a little coin.
Speaker 2: On every religion.
Speaker 4: You know, if it's if it's Buddhism.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get up there and I'm gonna be like Buddha was good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: If it's reincarnation, I'm gonna be like, can I be a rich lady's dog?
Speaker 4: I show everyone respect because you never know how it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Ever, go.
Speaker 4: We here too.
Speaker 2: That's right. If I get up there's Judaism, I still believe that God is he around here. It's Christ. I was with Jesus as well. That was the whatever it is. I'm a scaer. I'm trying to get in whatever up there I want to be in.
Speaker 3: So but I will say that Christians are We're the absolute worst when it comes to like spreading religion, like nobody asked you to convert them, like stay at home and Judaism, you gotta go knock on their door do you have to Hey.
Speaker 4: Hey, Christians really do love missionary work.
Speaker 2: That's because it's all about capitalism and own any things.
Speaker 3: That's why priests can't marry because they don't want no land from the church going to any other lineage.
Speaker 2: That's where it comes from. It's not religious.
Speaker 4: It is wild that they read you go all over the world and just stay way you are, just say where you at. Nobody locally no aso.
Speaker 3: Also, I think you are doubting God if you got to go spread the gospel, because why you think God can't get over there and get a bush burning?
Speaker 2: I asked you to do that. So but of course he's involved in this, right alan is.
Speaker 3: He's the president, and he addressed the subject of homosexuality from two thousand and one to twenty thirteen. The followers believe that same such attractions were sinful and should be either forcefully changed or just repressed forever, and that it was better to manage your temptations.
Speaker 4: We've seen this before, so well oh yeah that yeah, just don't be who you are, yeah yeah yeah, be a completely different person to lie your whole life.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, oh God made you in his image. But like he said, put some of the files behind the paywall.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right, that's right. Yep.
Speaker 3: So for a time, Exodus International promoted the gay cure of conversion therapy and pseudo scientific practice of trying to change a person's sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expressions who align with their heterosexual and cisgendered norms.
Speaker 2: And their slogan was change is possible. That's not very inspiring.
Speaker 4: It was in parentheses just kidding or tricky bit or tricky bitch or no it ain't or any of your ball because it's bullshit. Oh my god, love, the change is possible?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Was it for you? Because I still so condict behind closed doors? Is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You just changed locations. We saw you in the park, babes.
Speaker 4: Is you just hiding it from people that ain't change? You have better secrets.
Speaker 3: And also, one thing I do find hilarious about biggots is they never have any good messaging, any good comedy, any good fashions.
Speaker 2: Like you couldn't come up with a better slogan, the change is possible. What about pray the gay away? No gay today, gay no way entertaining yesterday but not today. Cometh Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Something Sassia got it. It's always a real fucking snooze fest. That makes you think, why would I want to go there? You want to attend swear fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get it.
Speaker 4: They want to pray the gameway, y'all.
Speaker 2: Not even making straightness look fun.
Speaker 3: I think that's the biggest gripe, that biggest have with pride is that one pride is actively political because being queer has been in a political statement because it was politicized and you've been persecuted, so it is supposed to be a political statement and a celebration. It's not about sex, it's about the the rights to exist as a human being. And but what biggots sea and take away from it is just like everybody's dressed so well?
Speaker 2: Is that glitter? They got the best music? They why everybody got abs?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, Like try let go it and you might be happy too. Yes, they do look like they're having fun. Try it. You might leave fucking group no longer be the president.
Speaker 2: You miserable, fork, because every celebration of heterosexuality.
Speaker 4: Is quite fis snooze first. I mean you're talking about the Republican National Convention. Yeah, however, they're loving that grinder.
Speaker 2: They do that grinded be all fire anytime. Okay, they're busy, Okay, I'm sure the app has to keep track of just like Republican national events and be like, we need more need they do No.
Speaker 4: Legitimately, the guy did like some talk recently and said, it's amazing how much manpower we have to put in to the surrounding areas of wherever that convention is, because we know it's going to be fucking next level. It's the busiest time of the year, and I just think, hey, you guys, the calls coming from inside the house, maybe stop bitching about the rest of us and focus on yourselves. You're the problem, not us.
Speaker 2: And also, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like at this point it would just be better for all of the queer you know, whatever we are on the spectrum people to come out in politics and be like, yeah, everything's cool, we all know it, and then just let that be that.
Speaker 2: I feel like fighting against it is making.
Speaker 4: It so much same saying look, I don't agree with your politics, but you can still be that political party and Dick, that's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I was gonna jud you not for that, okay, but everything else.
Speaker 4: Yes, everything else, But no one's in d just enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree, heavy on the agree, right.
Speaker 3: So obviously there's no scientists like or scientific evidence that change is possible.
Speaker 2: You're justizing.
Speaker 4: I can tell you there is zero scientific evidence. Yes, scientific makes it clear it's not possible. But go on.
Speaker 3: So conversion therapy is under consumer fraud by the way, it is where is the lost guests?
Speaker 4: And uh?
Speaker 3: The Supreme Court recently turned over some conversion very policies in Colorado, which we do not like to see, but as a scam and it should be an outlawed medical practice. Okay, So like it's not the term that doctors use because it's not really therapy when they talk about conversion therapy, and it can involve lots of methods from prayer to electroshock therapy, brain surgery, exorcisms, castration, hypnosis, and a twelve step program called Homosexuals Anonymous. Because now, I've always wondered, especially in the camps that take on men male men of any ilk of these conversion camps, aren't you just rounding up a bunch of gay men.
Speaker 4: And it woods?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? Because I feel like where I'm gonna find my husb do you know what.
Speaker 4: This is so controversial to say, but I'm not talking about the extremes. I'm talking about the ones that would just chitchat, like the like the I've got quotes everyone the therapy wants. I'm like, wait, if they're just trying to talk the gayway or prayer the gayway. As a kid, I thought, whoa, I want to go to one of those because everyone's gay and I'm probably gonna be. My husband like, where better to go? Now? If you are forced to go to those shocking and it's a trauma that I can only imagine. Yeah, But if it's one of those where it's just like a chit chat and you have the choice to go, I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it's voluntary, I might want to dip it all just to see what's born on the ones where it should be away your parents sign you away. Obviously, those are the effects. They're all horrific. They're all horrific, But it would be interested to see who's showing up voluntarily for these.
Speaker 4: But if there was like a local church. I live in La do you talk If there was a local church down the street that said, do you want to come and talk about what it looks like to maybe pray the game way of like, yep, don't they have that.
Speaker 2: One show when Utah about the Mormons who I'm married to the gay man?
Speaker 4: Yes, but that is not actually the show. The show is called wives, and those men aren't.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're out no, but they call it ssa same sex attraction, like is a disease, And then they'd be like have us they say, but I'm a straight life.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, sorry, I feel bad for you.
Speaker 4: To be fair, I don't think that them said that that show. But Okay, a lot of people assume that those husbands are homosexual. I love how you just out here fully outing.
Speaker 2: The past sting. It came across too clear to me all scurious. I was like, we're all.
Speaker 3: Experience, right, same sad and unfortunately the ones that we're talking about, they all tend to skew to the cruel unusual in human torture. They are banned in Canada, Brazil, Ecuador, Spain, Germany, France, Malta, and New Zealand. However, in the US it's still legal in many states. That's why I brought up Colorado, even for young people. But it's legally considered consumer fraud because you're not getting what you pay for.
Speaker 2: You leave just as gay as your game.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: And this came from a twenty fifteen court case in New Jersey, so they brought all the way to the court, and I want to know who went to a lawyer and was like, I am still gay.
Speaker 4: I won't buy my Oh. However, that is so the kind of pay ship I would have done back in the day if I would have been sent to any of those, If I paid to try and get the gay away, I'm like, I know it's not possible, but then I'm gonna sue these bitches. Yeah right, I rung on.
Speaker 3: The same smart page. I feel like I would be like, oh, I just saw Tessa Thompson and the Loins was loaning. Give me my money, beb give me my money bet, especially.
Speaker 4: If I knew that it was just one of those voluntary ones I would pay knowing that I was gonna suit if I was broke. If I was broke, I'm like, yeah, Okay, I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna get rich quick. I'm gonna go to that thing. I'm gonna give them my money and I'm gonna assume because it's not possible.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm coming back to court with a girlfriend and a neck brace and I want my money.
Speaker 2: To day, I would scam them back, sue them. So back to Alan.
Speaker 3: Alan married a woman named that Alan's our exodus international president gay president.
Speaker 2: But I said anything.
Speaker 3: So Alan married a woman named Leslie and adopted two children. He wrote three books, including My Exodus from Fear to Grace, God's Grace, and the Homosexual.
Speaker 2: Next Door God. This is this is a full title, God's.
Speaker 3: Grace and the Homosexual next Door Golan Reaching the heart of the gay men and women in your world. Now, why you got to go bother the gay people?
Speaker 2: What do you mean they next door? You gotta go bother them? He wrote a whole book, Oh bothering gay people?
Speaker 4: Please? Whoever? His wife is his friends and family, they could have look.
Speaker 2: This is her wife. This is his wife. That's Leslie.
Speaker 4: I see Leslie.
Speaker 2: Subaru and she loves making canoes in the backyard. I know it's this is lavender.
Speaker 3: If I've ever seen last I can smell the lavender marriage through screen.
Speaker 2: It's smell love to and they adopt the kids. They ain't never, no, no, she never.
Speaker 4: Wanted to stay away from me. I'm a little concerned that no one said to him. Obviously his friends hate him. None of his friends said, you know what, love, You might want to reconsider that title. That's a long ast title. No one's going to read that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, reaching the heart? Why do you have to reach the heart of them?
Speaker 3: And I think that's because he want to hang out with his community. That's why he's so involved. He was like, how can I be with the gay community, also have the Christian biggest still on my side. Okay, I'll go over there and admonish them. I know, I have to go to the abbey because I need.
Speaker 4: To tell them.
Speaker 2: I tip the Go Go dancer because I want him to come down and pray with me.
Speaker 4: I'm sooking up the Go Go I'm just doing that so they understand how wrong it is.
Speaker 3: I want them to see how once you have sex with a straight person, you become straight too.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: But that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: And the last book title here, speaking of long one, San, here's another one leaving Homosexuality Colon A Practical Guide for men and women looking for a way out Uh.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should have said looking for a way out. They're out there out.
Speaker 2: You're looking for a way You're.
Speaker 4: Looking for a way out. They're not looking for a way out. You're looking for a way out.
Speaker 3: So oh that poor bustard, right, you're looking for a way out of the biggest in Christianity that you're a party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're looking for a way out of the closet. You stop the stunt to do it, so you're pretending you're not gay at all?
Speaker 2: Well, way out of what?
Speaker 3: Can we Please stop acting like the gay community is having welcome parties.
Speaker 2: We are not trying to convert anyone. We're not like, oh you came over here, he was gay. Don't leave anybody. There's no way out. Just stop stop having sex with the same sex people here out What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Also a way out of what? Joy? Happiness? I think that's anticity self expression, like what away out of what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: When you come out almost every I don't think i've ever met one person's like you know, I wish I would back in the closet. I feel like free, get the fuck out of here, Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no said no one ever is to go be in a snooty or suppressive place where everyone's judging you constantly and you can't be yourself.
Speaker 2: No one has ever been like, let's walk into that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no one's looking for that. So no, they don't need a way out the perfectly happy once they're out.
Speaker 2: No, do you want to join this prison way back in the club?
Speaker 4: Come on in?
Speaker 2: It's terrible.
Speaker 4: It's like he wrote from himself, paw busted, but also evil busted. What busted?
Speaker 2: Because like you could have just enjoyed your life, but instead you're so miserable. Your held man are making others miserable. So you can get that company.
Speaker 3: So twenty eleven Excess International Release and iPhone app I think they had a subscription a little freak promoting the idea that homosexuality can be cured. It was later removed from the app store.
Speaker 2: What am I supposed to do? On Pray to gay Away? Like? Every time I get a gay feeling, I get on the air.
Speaker 4: Oh nor gates in your area? Run run like what is this?
Speaker 3: Twelve Alan backtracked on conversion therapy and stopped using the term gay cure, admitting that the methods usually didn't work, and in twenty thirteen, Ex's International dissolved completely.
Speaker 2: So he did give this up, which.
Speaker 4: I'm however, I need to pose you. He said, usually just on the work. How many times did you're using the word usually wrong? Tell me how many fucking times it work? How many times did you convert somebody from gayta straight? Give me the exact numbus.
Speaker 3: I feel like they usually was for him to give himselves some kind of you know, absolution, absolve himself rather Yeah, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: He know it's never, but he can't say never. He was doing it for like three it was whole life. Yeah, it was his whole life.
Speaker 4: It was his entire personality. It's all he got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was doing it longer than that, think about decade. So Alan never changed his.
Speaker 3: Public beliefs though that you know, this is not in the Bible, which like y'all don't read the Bible because there's a lot of stuff in there that if we did it, y'all, yeah, dismade.
Speaker 4: I love them people, so this side note, I love them. I'm gonna say Americans, even though American American Christians, we'll talk about other religions as if they're so damaging like, have you seen what it says in the Quran. I'm like, it says basically the same thing in the Bible. Bitch, How stupid are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of us who are smart know that a lot of those allegories we're not gonna actually do that. My dad didn't try to sell me off, you know, for the family. You know, like there's a ton of things in there that we don't want to do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So he was arrested Alan in Florida May after a month's long sting operation in which he was messaging an undercover detective posting as a fourteen year old boy. He was using Snapchat, telegram, text, and he did send us a picture of his penis at onny point. So not only was Alan found a fraud for promoting a belief system that one he does not adhere to and you absolutely does not work, but he was also.
Speaker 2: Doing this solicitation of a minor.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that the person that he was listening was an undercover cop and that it was a thing. I love a chrins Hanson moment because then the actual children aren't getting involved, but we're getting your nastys off the streets.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 2: Sit down with your wine coolers. Bitch, you're going to jail tonight.
Speaker 4: Love it. We should really have written more books about how to stop being a pedophile as opposed to a gay person, because that's the major issue we've got here, because these are two separate things, Yeah, lassively, two separate.
Speaker 3: One of them is normal and beautiful, the other one is a fucking crime and disgusting.
Speaker 2: And that's just exactly about that.
Speaker 4: You're focusing on the thing that's not an issue whatsoever as opposed to you being a fucking dirty bustard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody is welcoming pedals into their community with open arms, as they should not be.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what you need to worry about.
Speaker 3: So with these alleged crimes, Alan joins a long line of historic hypocrites and to gay activists who have turned out to be the very thing that they were trying to outlaw. You were too hyper fixated on it, Like why do you care? Also, I'm not even worried about you. Being a biggot is not at the top of the list.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: You trying to harm children, that's the very very top of the list.
Speaker 3: But you to prison and don't try to claim that it has anything to do with homosexuality, because you did that weird shit on.
Speaker 4: Your own, Okay, And I know I shouldn't encourageous, but that can treat your real right impresion dully.
Speaker 3: Like I hope for it to be consensual, but maybe that's where you need to be so you can be your living your truth. But actually, if they find out, what's all your jacket, and a jacket is basically I got some you know, I got some criminals. Aby Chatting with a jacket in prison is basically like your medical forums. What you're in for all of that. If you don't tell people what you are in for prison for, you don't have to worry. The guards will either tell the game or you know, they'll get your jacket and then you gonna start whopping on your ass for harm. Bring women and children, So that's.
Speaker 4: What she discussed with children. I'm like, ye, get the busted, yep, get them.
Speaker 3: So Exodus founders ended up marrying each other, right, So the two people who founded it, So remember Allan was the president, he's the creep who went to prison. But the founders of Exodus International, which was the principal right that gay attraction could be cured. They ended up marrying each other. Michael Bussey and Gary Cooper, not the actor from the Western movies A Different Guy, met while working on a crisis hotline at melody Land Christian Center and Evangelical Christian Church.
Speaker 2: They were both married.
Speaker 3: Gary has two children while Michael was soon to be a father, and both identified as.
Speaker 2: Former homosexuals who had been cured.
Speaker 3: Together they founded Exodus International that Alan's creep Bass was the president, which was the largest ex gay organization, and they intended to turn gay people straight. They were popular speakers on the evangelical circuit. Their famili's vacation together, family's vacations together. I'm sure y'all did a lot of boys times, the wives with the kids and when it head boys time. And they moved their families into the same apartment complex. Gary and Michael's wives were best friends. Of course, they left. They left the group to be in a relationship with each other in nineteen seventy nine. They divorced their wives and participated in a commitment ceremony in nineteen eighty two, and they lived together until Gary's death in nineteen ninety one. In two thousand and seven, Michael is an apology for his involvement in promoting orientation change through exodus.
Speaker 2: So, Michael, they've come back and apologized.
Speaker 3: Yes, but here's my thing, and this goes across men of any sexual orientation.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna have to maybe attribute this to whiteness first, but I'm going to start with white men. I am so exhausted with a white man's personal problem, their own self doubt or self hatred, their own inconvenience, their own issue having to become the world's problem. It is one of the biggest plagues that has been around for centuries, is I mean, we're dealing with it right now in Los Angeles with Spencer pres That weird ass, bitch ass white man's house burned down and he ain't had no fire insurance, So now I gotta deal with him for six months.
Speaker 4: He's fucking crazy though. People fall for every fucking time a life. How stupid are you? Look what happened the last time we fell for some clown. He's now running a country.
Speaker 3: Yes, Donald Trump didn't get enough hugs from his dad and his weird, his weird looking as family, and they only gave him a little, tiny, one million dollar loan to start off his gripting scheme, and and and the left, the liberals, the cool people never let him sit at the table or give him no cause life gambling licenses.
Speaker 2: And now the whole world has to suffer.
Speaker 4: That's right. And we didn't learn a lesson, even in California, didn't learn that lesson. And now the proper old Spencer Prat, I need you to know, prop means something else in England. Do you know what pratt means in England?
Speaker 2: No, but I would love to so I can use it.
Speaker 4: Prap basically means you're a fucking dick. It just means a fucking a whole absolute fucking prop like it's usually a guy, and it's like that tool, like fucking a hole that every circle's got, every community's got a fucking a hole. That's what Pratt is. Of course, his name is Spencer fucking Prat.
Speaker 2: Accurate name, perfect name right on.
Speaker 4: Her foots for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I guess this apology is out there. At least he took the opportunity to apologize. But at the same time, you spend most of your life with your loved one trying to ruin other people's lives, and I don't know if I'm sorry it's gonna help with that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this for which is shocking. Brace yourself. Back in the day. I know it was a lot harder for them to be who they are naturally in the seventies, eighties, nineties, So I understand that it's hard. However, that didn't mean that you had to go and take that news that against your own people. I understand it was hard, but even an apology now it isn't really going to cut it. You could have just dealt with your own shit and not inflicted pain on others.
Speaker 3: And unfortunately, hurt people. Hurt people, but white men do it on a much larger scale. It's not just their families that they're hurting. They're also going to reach out into the communities and try to hurt others. If they're an ambitious, hurt person. Oh, we're all in front of a world of trouble. Well, they get up every day and that's why they open the eyes.
Speaker 2: It's like, how can I inflict pain on others today?
Speaker 4: I can't be the only afflicted one somebody else. It's got to be punished.
Speaker 3: I always say those types of people if you can't look in the mirror, baby, they look it out the window. What y'all got going on? Yeah, I can't face myself all in your shit? Okay, So now let's move on to doctor George Rigers. So in the year two thousand, the state of Florida a lot of Florida going on here, I mean, Florida is.
Speaker 2: So embarrasing, like truly.
Speaker 3: In the year two thousand, state of Florida hired doctor George Wreckers which perfect last name because you reconship to defend the state's ban on adoption by gay couples. Arkansas hired him for the same job in two thousand and four, and he did it again in Florida in two thousand and seven. He was a professor of neurops psychiatry at the University of South Carolina and are ordained Baptist minister, and he co founded the Family Research Council. I mean, I guess like this makes sense to me because I be at the gay club on Saturday and sometimes the church on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It does feel like I'm in this.
Speaker 3: So he was an officer and scientific advisor for the National Association of Research and Therapy of homosexuality.
Speaker 4: Can I stop you for a second. I feel like I know where the story's going to end, but I just need to ask, did anyone look at his hard drive and did they find keep on on that ding ding ding? Yeah? You always Mark, always a fuckinga. Sorry to jump the shop, Please continue on.
Speaker 2: Now, yep. Because he was trying to ban gay people from adopting children.
Speaker 4: Remember, yeah, of course where's the.
Speaker 2: Thoughts coming from? So he said the gay parents were a danger to their children. So it was shocking.
Speaker 3: That's us that he was caught coming home from a European vacation with a male escort named Lucian, who he found on rentboy dot com.
Speaker 2: In twenty ten.
Speaker 3: Shocker, What the hell is rentboy dot com? And why the hell is the government not shut that down? I just feel like the government in general should just be searching online sketchy ass titles for websites and going straight to those people's I Pea addresses in their homes, like please.
Speaker 4: We can truck American system for fucking any random bit of shite, like we're always being tracked, yet we can't find these fuckers. Do you know why? Well?
Speaker 2: I was about to say ready, because there because the people who who would be tracking him are likely involved. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So at first, George said he hired the man to carry his luggage because he just had surgery. You know how, you gotta go on rentoboy dot com Europe and then they carry your luggage back.
Speaker 4: I always have prostitutes with me because I find difficult carrying my back. So yeah, I always yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't have nobody who works in TSA who does that? Don't worry by day. No, you can't hire like a car company.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no poor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he said he wasn't able to lift anything. I feel like it was lifting something, George. He also tried to explain himself with a Facebook post. He says, I deliberately spend time with sinners with the loving goal of trying.
Speaker 2: To help them.
Speaker 3: Remember we said that's why they do it, so they can be around the people that want to be around. He resigned from NARTH and hasn't been hired as an anti gay expert witness since then.
Speaker 4: So something doesn't seem right. How is he not an expert this?
Speaker 3: He is an expert on it, but like not for the reasons that they wanted him to be and so as far as we know, there's no involvement with they need like the escort was of age. It seems I'm not getting any flags there, but I'm sorry, rentoboy dot com. Sounds like sounds like you involved in the stuff that she was talking about. And I would argue that a queer gay couple lesbian couple wanting to adopt are gonna be some of the most loving families because if they can't conceive, then they really want a child.
Speaker 2: They want that child that was in an accident.
Speaker 4: I know many a straight couple who and I know a lot of shitty straight parents, a lot of shitty straight parents. Whenever I hear that fucking argument, I get it constantly, constantly online. Oh those poor boys of yours. I'm like, bitch, watch how I raise my kids, and watch how beautiful I with my kids, and I see you with yours, and I'm going to watch out for your neighbor's daughter, you dirty bastard.
Speaker 3: Right, because they they still they're still the straight adage of like oh boys or easy than girls. I'm like, yeah, because you don't raise them, and then they become our problem, like how are y'all raising kids? And then they're always like, oh, queer people, gay people want to put their agenda onto our kids.
Speaker 2: And it's like you're the one.
Speaker 3: Asking your four year old if they have a girlfriend, uh huh after they leave, you know, preschool, Like, so, who's doing it with every.
Speaker 4: One of these people? Just like with this fuck with every one of these people. I'm like, show me a fucking hart drive, show me your fucking hard drive. If you all thinking about what I'm doing to my kids, I want to know what's on your hard drive you did.
Speaker 3: Because what makes you jump in your logic to that being the immediate thing that these people would do. And a lot of times we're projecting our own thought process onto other people.
Speaker 2: That's why the internet is just so insufferable.
Speaker 3: Now, you know the famous meme that's like, oh, someone says I love pancakes, and then someone's in.
Speaker 2: The comments like, so why do you hate why? Yeah, that's a whole difference in it. Oh yeah, you think about waffles. I'm talking about bacakes. Fucking we have two more before we get out of here. Richard Curtis, So Dick Curtis. Richard Curtis, Republican Washington State legislator. Oh I thought you met the direct What I was about to say, not the director, O. I was gonna say, he's the nicest guy. I looked like, Rick Curtis is great.
Speaker 3: We're gonna call him Dick Curtis because we're not going to put no shade on Rick Curtis's name.
Speaker 4: Okay, wonderful, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Wonderful. Dick Curtis is who we're talking about. Dick Curtis, the legislator. Okay.
Speaker 3: He repeatedly voted against gay rights measures in his state. He voted in two thousand and five and two thousand and six against the bill that granted civil rights protections to gates and lesbians, and in two thousand and seven voted against the bill that created domestic partnership for same sex couples. The same year, he was in Spokane for a retreat to discuss the upcoming legislative session. However, he went to the Hollywood Erotic boutique on October twenty six and met an escort named Cody, who accompanied him to the Devenport Tower Hotel.
Speaker 4: Let me guess it's just because he's such a good Christian, he wants to read the Bible to this person. And tell them that this was a sin and I'm going to help you get back onto the streets.
Speaker 2: And then I had to go to the hotel because you know hotels have the Bible.
Speaker 4: Could find the Bible.
Speaker 2: That was the only place he could find a Bible. At three thirty am at the hotel in the drawer so they could have you a popular greeting.
Speaker 4: But his parents abroad, so.
Speaker 3: They arrived at three thirty am, you know, to read the Bible. They have sex so you could show what you're not supposed to be doing. And after which Richard Dick, excuse me, Dick fell asleep. The escort said. Dick agreed to pay him one thousand dollars for the sex and then reneged on the deal.
Speaker 2: Not you stealing, you're stealing.
Speaker 4: Also, I know this is harsh, but when you look like that, everyone, I'm looking at a picture, When you look like that, you need to offer more than a thousand dollars for that boy to have sex with you.
Speaker 3: Yuh, for anybody to have sex with you with that matter like your your lips are giving like boards, like it's giving extra And when they pulled a ROI out on law and order, like it's Are you a live sir, yep, because your lips aren't tell your lips that they need circulation because they're not getting it. You imagine them little Crusty's on you day the seventies poor station.
Speaker 2: This is a community service. You owe him a lot more than a thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: By Cody at home. Yep.
Speaker 3: And it's some eyewash or something, you know, like I would know oo, I would have eyes closed, just not I could.
Speaker 2: Oh association's top ten? Baby that fast? Please.
Speaker 3: When Dick decided that he was gonna not pay the escort, Dick called the police. Now you're gonna call the police on the escort, you, Dick, We need with your ass. Dick claimed that he wasn't gay and accused Cody of extortion, but later told prosecutors he wanted the charges dropped. Dick resigned his seat in two thousand and seven. So you know, if you work in politics, I would imagine your rapport with law enforcement. It's probably stronger than.
Speaker 2: The average person. He's calling his dogs out.
Speaker 3: I'm Cody for I don't think that prostitution or sex works should be illegal. It's one of the oldest professions, if not the oldest. It should be protected and it should be staked because it's gonna happen regardless.
Speaker 2: I say it all the time. If mayhead Kuchi would be on the stock market. Ye. So like that to me is not the issue.
Speaker 3: The issue is like, you didn't pay this man for their services and then you try to incarcerate this person on top of that.
Speaker 4: You suck? Insane. However, how not just do you suck? You're so fucking stupid that you've drawn attention to this. How dumb are you? Also? How all these fucking idiots and politics? I'm like, if you are a closest to homosexual, why are you in politics? That's like me trying to pretend I'm straight. With the job that I fucking do, people would find out a heartbeat, you idiot, there are more eyes on you. Why would you do that? That's so dum dumb fox man.
Speaker 2: Here's my theory.
Speaker 3: So I think many, many, many people who are on my side of the camera in Hollywood, whether you know it or not, and I know some for sure, again not outing or on the spectrum of some kind of homosexuality, whether it be by pan you know, gay strict I mean gay you know lesbian, we can say sexual. They're on there right, and they love entertainment because maybe we like neces stereotype that I'm not going to refuse.
Speaker 2: Is that give me a moment? I will perform?
Speaker 3: Now, A lot of people in our industry tend to be more conventionally attractive. I call DC politics Hollywood for ugly people like you still want to be a pageant girl. You give us speech, You want cameras, you want the paparazzi following you up the Capitol steps. You want to get on the floor and give you a sassy speech. And so how can you do that but still be closeted? You go to DC and they don't care about how you look. They care about how much power you a mask?
Speaker 4: So do you know what? That's a really fair read. Okay, I'll take that right.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I'm like, he was like, I can be one of the girls. But the girls don't know. But some of the girls.
Speaker 3: Because you, honestly, I don't think our community has to be that welcoming either, because I don't, for one think that Dick should be living in his truth in our community. You can live in the truth and maybe find you some biggot and homosexuals to hang out with. But I'm gonna see you at Pride. You have a nasty spirit. You're calling the police office sex workers.
Speaker 4: From Yeah, you've got nothing to.
Speaker 2: No. You find you some evil homosexuals right there on the on the Senate floor.
Speaker 4: You'll hate each other, you'll hate yourselves. It's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hang out with Lizzie Graham. We know it's yes, you got it. And the last one we have here with a beautiful last name to mash. We had some good ones prat. Now we know that's a piece of ship that works. We've got Ted Haggard. Haggard is a great last.
Speaker 2: I really yes, can we get Ted hagg Oh, very Haggard?
Speaker 4: Good for him?
Speaker 2: Why is his hairline running towards me but leaving the size behind?
Speaker 4: He looks like a cough. He's got the mouth of a cough.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, somebody with this kind of bone structure really should never make get this close to a camera because this feels like a thread.
Speaker 2: Sir, I'm calling the police.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, wow? Is he is he a preach him out? He looks like you know, you know he is.
Speaker 2: Look at that suit.
Speaker 4: I was about to say evangelically to pull out.
Speaker 2: No, that's the evangelical suit.
Speaker 4: I knew it fucked me. That was wow. I coughed with how good I am with this game? Wow?
Speaker 2: Really are name that scamera? And when there wow? Then at a ten uh.
Speaker 3: Ted Haggard was the leader of a fourteen thousand member New Life megachurch in Colorado Springs and was campaigning against legalizing same sex marriage when his gay sex candle broke in two thousand and six. I personally do I'm not what's a church to the word Mega? Like when MEGA is in front of a church that to me is no longer a community center. If I can't leave ception and shake my pastor's hand, this is too.
Speaker 4: Large of is literally just a corporation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I understand opening many satellite churches and maybe bring up other people, and a lot of churches do that that way, the church is dead in that person's community. But once we get to MEGA and they passed the credit card swiper for ties and offering, we've gone a step so far.
Speaker 4: Agreed, Agreed, it's you're just going to work on a Sunday, Like this is my job of going to work. I pay these people. This is a job I pay for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and for me, I'm like, how much community outreach are you doing? Where is the benevolence offering?
Speaker 4: I can answer that zero zilt couldn't give a fog.
Speaker 3: Pass for savements. I think that's something that churches should start to do. There should be like an auditing you know, would you order where the community can come and see where the money that they've given has gone.
Speaker 4: To disagree, If you've chosen to join that corporation, that money's gone, more fool you, moreful if you've decided to join that megachurch and listen to that person who's sprouting spouting hate on that pulpit, more for you. You don't get a right to look at that state. But he can buy all those Bentley's he wants because you've given him your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's bigg at church, if it's the church for trying to claim that they're doing good. But if you go into bigger church, babe, you're in a scam. You're in the scam. Can they tell you take your money and use it for anything?
Speaker 4: Exactly? They're telling you that they want us to not get married and they want us to burn at the steak, get the bag out of here, give them any money and just do what they can, do what they want with it. It's not you're right to ask what And if you get upset that they're using the money, your money for their mentally uh huh. You gave them your money they were spouting hate. Yeah, yeah, you wanted them to talk hate on that pulpit, not take care of people, not be kind to people, not do what Jesus did. So yeah, you're right. Absolutely, you don't need you don't need that statement. Get the fuck out of here, and.
Speaker 3: I hope if it ever comes time for you to need the church's help, I hope you see who they really are. There was a girl on TikTok who did like a viral TikTok, but she called a lot of churches asking for formula, and all the Christian churches were like, I don't know what to do, girl, I don't know how to happy girl.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. She called some strip clubs and the strippers showed out and showed a I know.
Speaker 4: Someone in my life right now who reached out to a church. I'm in Utah. We've got a lot of moment churches here, and the moment. Churches are usually wonderful, but she reached out. She gives ten percent tiding a free paycheck. Ten percent goes out of her account and she needed help. Didn't help her. No one helped her and sought, there you are, young lady, there you are.
Speaker 3: At that point, you got to bring the ten percent that's coming out of your check receipts to the service and act the fool. I will go to FedEx Kinko. I would print that shit out biggest hell. I will go right up in the tabernacle, and I'm like, is this guy's will? Because I thought we were supposed to be helping and I've done my part and nobody has done theirs.
Speaker 2: I bring a camera, I bring YouTubers and a ring light. We going viral because the hypocrisy is wild. That money is supposed to go to the community. I mean, we talked about this podcast earlier, you know, years ago.
Speaker 3: But Joe Austin, when there was this huge like hurricanes in Houston closed the doors to the church when people were displaced from their homes and everything was flooding.
Speaker 2: That is what the church is for. That's why you don't pay taxes.
Speaker 4: He was supposed to be out absolutely.
Speaker 2: But instead y'all want to be out here hurting people. Too, busy hurting people.
Speaker 3: So Ted was forced to resign after his sex scandal as the president of the politically powerful National Association of Evangelicals, after admitting that he had bought math from and had a sexual encounter with a gay sex worker. So math is the that's the Lucherio top. It's like, not only were you, you were enjoying your life. He was having a good little circuit. Okay, okay, sir, we jumped with the math. But he's been married to his wife, Gail since it's nineteen seventy eight and they have five children.
Speaker 2: It's twenty twenty two. He was accused of the same things yes again, music, math.
Speaker 3: And having same sex relationships at his new church, Saint James Church and Colorado Springs. So he didn't learn his lesson, he moved churches. He said, I'm not getting no more. Y'all don't go over to Colorado Springs and ask them nothing about me.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll get gay over here. I was only gay over that. Yeah, I've gone to conversion therapy. It ready works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Honestly, moving out of the city made me not gay no more. The city was making me gay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so then when I left, I was like, ooh delivered.
Speaker 4: Yeah readyhead yes effect some people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he got caught again in twenty twenty two. So imagine this is what I always think too. If people get a duy. It's rare that someone gets to duy and it's their first time driving intoxicated. Right, Like everyone's gonna say that because they don't want to say, like, man, great, let us talk.
Speaker 2: I'm been driving grades all great, usually so good at this. Hey, I'm a great drug driver. No one's gonna say that's gonna say this was my first time.
Speaker 3: I only had a couple of drinks, but I was on an empty stomach sleep, you know, like they're gonna say this. It's just a natural human condition. And getting into uy is so embarrassing and sad and dangerous. And hopefully if you have one out there, like you understood, there was a mistake and no one got hurt.
Speaker 2: And you move on with your life. Things happened.
Speaker 4: We all need to do it.
Speaker 2: Don't do it again.
Speaker 3: And if you have been driving and you know you was lit when you got home, if you come into your parking garage or on the street and your your car parked a little crazy in the morning. Let that be your lesson before you harm yourself or somebody else on the road.
Speaker 2: That's your duy. No, I know you don't parked your car and the wheels wasn't looking why sober mm hm h.
Speaker 3: But the same thing for me goes with this situation of him getting caught again, you know, using method and having you know, sex with a male sex worker.
Speaker 2: Is I bet you the two times you got caught were not the two times you did one?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? This is one in a hundred. He just got called.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like the girls know you on back page. I feel like girls are all that on the grinders. Yes, and so the scam today, and to end our Pride month on a highlight note, is that one truth always comes to light eventually, and too like these type of bigots still exists today and they're still down low still. I mean we're still seeing I mean, Christy Gohome's husband has a whole you know, he likes to cosplay with titties and shit like that, and a sex worker out at him. I don't think normal people if you have a finished I don't think there's anything against that.
Speaker 2: It's that the people who come out and openly preach against the things I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say that, the people who fight against their own community. Yeah, they are doing those things. They are the issue. That's my biggest scribe. I'm like, don't hate in your own fucking community. Don't make it worse from people just because it's bad for you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I mean the term closet itself means that you are in an enclosed space with the door closed a loan. If you're going to be closeted, please be in an enclosed space with the door closed alone.
Speaker 2: How you're going to be outside bothering people to that freedom?
Speaker 4: Spat jealous of that freedom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, because you're so mad that you can't live in your truth, but you still want to hang around the girls.
Speaker 2: You want to pretend you hate us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh my gosh, Tan, you have had so many amazing opinions, thoughts, stories. This is such a blast chatting with you today.
Speaker 4: You think so much. I could gossip all I know.
Speaker 2: I just want to chat with you.
Speaker 3: See, we always ask at the end of the show, where would you like to be found? Anything you want to promote. Socials are could be whatever, because the Congress is gonna want to find you nice.
Speaker 4: The other thing I want you to check out is Honorable Gaze. It's basically me doing this, but about what I was about to say about other people's lives. This was about other people's lives. I just give my very own filtered opinion and everyone else's lives. It's on Honorable Gaze on YouTube. You love it, love it?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, listen you. You got a little sample, little taste right now. Ten Okay, I know that fully unhinderstand. I cannot even wait to tappen in myself. So thank you for giving us some honorable game at the end of Pride.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 3: Yes, tappens honorable games, y'all. Scam Goddess and television show is on Hulu right now. You can watch all the episodes that might be some come like we cook, y'all, so you might want to watch all them episodes. Also, you can get my book Scam Goddess anywhere books are sold, or the audiobook anywhere.
Speaker 2: You want to put it in your ears. And it is me narrating that book.
Speaker 3: Y'alls get into my Laura and see Revolving Scams and leave us.
Speaker 2: A review on Apple Reviews.
Speaker 3: If you love us, do something nice first some queer people at the end of Prime month or as people of color. You can hit two minorities three I'm a woman, you get three three for one on Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and leave us five stars and a review. We appreciate it, and congregation. I want you to get out there.
Speaker 4: And stay.
Speaker 2: Out of the closet.
Speaker 3: Out of the closet, prayagatas dank, scam Goddess, Scam gottes Stars and It's hosted by me Lacy Mosley aka Scam Goddess. Our producer is Jessica cis Neros, and our audio engineer is Rich Garcia. Research for the show is conducted by Kate Doyle Stay Scheming