Speaker 1: Every day a week ago.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club, y'all done morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, you're here to talk about a lot, especially post election coverage, ladies and gentlemen. Meddi Hassan, welcome.
Speaker 3: Great to be back.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: How do you feel? First of all, I know y'all was partying all last partying.
Speaker 3: I was doing a live stream, so it was very noisy in Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: I can imagine there was some noise made at this historic election night event and the voice took a head.
Speaker 3: But it was very historic with there all night. We were alive all night.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you a question. First of all, have you seen this the front page and then your post this morning?
Speaker 3: Let me see.
Speaker 5: Okay, it says on your marks, get set soo socialist Mundania wins race for mayor the red Apple.
Speaker 1: What are you think of that?
Speaker 4: What I think is it didn't work during the election campaign. I can't believe they're still trying this ship.
Speaker 3: I mean the New York Post Rupert murder. They tried.
Speaker 4: They threw every they threw the kitchen scene at this guy, and it didn't work.
Speaker 3: He won a majority of the vote.
Speaker 4: In the last days they were like, if only Slee wa pulls out. The whole campaign was sleeve. What pull out doesn't matter if Slee would pulled out, he won more than fifty percent of the vote, He won a majority in New York.
Speaker 3: He won more than a million votes. It's been I think something.
Speaker 4: Like this said sixty years since a New York meracle won over a million votes. So none of this stuff worked. They'll keep going after in the billionaires. And I pointed out last night, Dora Mum, Danny did not just be Andrew Cuomo and Curtis.
Speaker 3: Sleewer do ramon.
Speaker 4: Danny beat Bill Ackman and Michael Bloomberg and Reid Hastings and James Murdock and the Walmart woman and the home Depot guy and door Dash and Airbnb and all the billionaires and corporations who threw all that cash at him.
Speaker 3: You beat them.
Speaker 1: What do you think about Bill Lackman reaching out last night?
Speaker 3: What did you think of it all?
Speaker 4: It was a very short tweet, Bill Ackman writes, these Warren piece toll story tweets, very short tweet. You know, I tweeted last night thoughts some prayers to b Lackman and Elon Musk. This guy spent his entire campaign attacking He suggested that Zora Mundani is some crazy jahadis terrorist, radical and.
Speaker 2: For people that don't know who he is, he's a he's a hedge fund manager. He's worth about ten billion dollars.
Speaker 4: I envy the people who don't know who he is. I wish I didn't know who he was. He spends a lot of money and time online and what's It's why people hate politics in this country, right, It's so cynical.
Speaker 3: He spent the entire campaign saying that guy is.
Speaker 4: A terrorist, he hates Jews like the most extreme incendiary rhetoric.
Speaker 3: And then he wins. He's like, hey man, I'll work with you. You need me, I'm here for you.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I thought you just told us the end of the world was gonna happen if this guy won, Like, make your mind up, but I do have a question.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people were saying that Mamdanney promised a lot and the unit elevator and some of the things he said free and.
Speaker 1: Rent free, eliminating fans universe building.
Speaker 2: Lots, and they are going to be on raising taxes.
Speaker 1: He's gonna taxes when the top earners and corporations.
Speaker 2: Building two hundred thousand houses. So he's going to be on a timer. So what do you say to those people? Could he get Can he get all those things done? With everybody against him in politics?
Speaker 4: I should say, well, what's interesting is that everybody is not against them. The public are with him. Right, he's got a massive mandate. Donald Trump is a man. Let me just put context. Donald Trump is a man who's never won more than fifty percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: In twenty sixteen, he lost the popular vote, still beat Hillary. In twenty twenty he lost popular vote and everything else to Biden. In twenty twenty four, last year, he got fourty nine points something percent of the vote. He never hit fifty percent. Have you listened to how Republicans talk like they owned the place. We have a mandate. Millions of people voted for this. The people are with Trump. You need to have democratic leaders who are willing to do the same thing. I want to hear Zara mound Nani in every speech, go more than a million people vote for me, like that should be his line in every interview, at the start and end of every time he talks, because that is his mandate. Those are the people who are with him. And the fact that you were able to just reel off his policies.
Speaker 1: Because he said it so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and because it works right Like Hillary Clinton ran with like a seven hundred page policy platform, no one knew what it was. Donald Trump said, band Muslims build a wall. People remember that stuff. So it was a political genius to communicate with those kind of simple popular appeals.
Speaker 3: Is he gonna pull it all off? We will see.
Speaker 4: I mean, we know that he doesn't have the power to do everything on his own. Luckily, the governor is now an ally Kathy. Even though Schumer and others wouldn't back him, he did get the backing of the governor. I interviewed Tiss James last night at the Attorney General. He's got the backing of some big figures in the state. Well, will that be enough?
Speaker 3: We will see.
Speaker 4: We will see whether the smile and the charm and the charisma and the people power will get Albany to do some of the stuff because he can't do it on his own.
Speaker 1: You're right, well, Governor Hog already says she's not going to read the taxes.
Speaker 4: She says she's not gonna raise taxes, but she also said she supports his plan for universal childcare. So at some point, the robber's gonna hit the road. How do you pay for it? It can only be through raising taxes on rich folks.
Speaker 1: Can it be free bus service in New York City?
Speaker 3: I mean there could be anything you want.
Speaker 2: I mean, realistically, could that happen?
Speaker 3: I live in a country whereol every day.
Speaker 4: I mean, I live in a country where the guy from Home alone too is president threatening to annex Greenland. And you tell me if free buses are realistic. I think a lot of things are realistic if you put your I mean Socrats are always trying to lower the ambition, and Republicans are like, we'll do whatever the hell we want, will conquer countries, will bum things, We'll do all sorts of insane things.
Speaker 3: And Democrats are.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, can we do this little bit for poor people or marginalized people or people who need help? And I just think, come on, New York, biggest city in the country, richest city in the country.
Speaker 3: You can't do this stuff. Yes, you can do it.
Speaker 1: You know how to do. I really do.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if they block him, I mean, this is a man who will run again on this platform. I mean FDR ran in the nineteen thirties on the basis that, look, they hate me, the rich people, and I embrace their hatred. And I can very much see if he doesn't get things through, and it's clear it's because of the opponents, he'll run on that again in a few years time.
Speaker 1: I want to ask about that.
Speaker 5: How does he navigate the government overreach that is absolutely gonna happen to Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: It's a good question. I asked Tis Shamee the same question yesterday.
Speaker 4: I mean, all Democratic attorneys generals have been dealing with this issue in California, in Illinois.
Speaker 3: We know Donald Trump is now going to.
Speaker 4: Use his excuse to send in the troops, absolutely to cut funding. I mean, it's insane that he posted on his social side of the weekend, you know if you vote for Doromandi, if Zaramond was, I will cut funding like that is the classic mono.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, just extortion.
Speaker 4: The country's biggest richest city the present United States says, I'm not going to send you any money if you don't vote for the guy I want. By the way, had the guy you wanted with Andrew Cuomo. So I just think that's Look. I don't know if there's any solution to this stuff. I think it's not going to It can't be Mundaney on his own right. The whole point about Donald Trump is you can't beat him on his own. You can't beat what he does is he goes after institutions and people one by one, like the bully in the playground, and takes them out one by one. The only way you beat Donald Trump is with solidarity, with people sticking together, not people throwing each other under the bus, big universities, big tech companies, all trying to curry favor. I actually thought the best part of Zora Undaney' speech last night was when he went after Trump and made it very clear. He said the way you respond to oligarchy and authoritarianism is not with the appeasement they crave, but with the strength they fear. And he said, you get rid of the conditions that create despots like Trump.
Speaker 3: You don't hear that enough of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 4: All you hear from Democrats is we've got to get rid of Trump and We're back to business as usual.
Speaker 3: What zoram I'm done?
Speaker 4: He is saying, and Bernie and others have said, is you can't just get rid of Trump. You got to get rid of the next Trump. And that means getting rid of the conditions that created Trump.
Speaker 1: Can you vote out an authoritarian regime?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Because I see everybody celebrating, and I'm like, relax, the guy is still in power. And I don't care who he has a bit of him. Yes, I don't care how popular he is. He's got a lot of power and he can use that power to, you know, get rid of a lot of the checks and balances that you know still exist.
Speaker 1: Can you vote that out in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 4: That is twenty twenty eight. I mean, that's the sixty four thousand dollars question. It's something I've been worried about since twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, when I said he's not going to leave after twenty twenty and he tried to stay on. Look, the guy is selling merch for twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: He's visiting world leaders.
Speaker 4: He takes them to a closet in the White House and he shows them twenty twenty eight merch Schumer and Jeffery comes to the over offuse, he chucks the twenty twenty eight merchant them. He said the other day, oh, you know, I'm not going to run his vice president and do that again. But he never fully rules it out because of course he wants to stay in office. And I think that is the question, are we going to have free and fair elections in twenty twenty eight. But the way to ensure that we do have twenty twenty eight free elections, or at least try and ensure is is to make sure they don't control every branch of government. And what last night's blue wave, and it was a blue wave, what that shows us is actually the Democrats are a very good path in terms of winning back the.
Speaker 3: House next year.
Speaker 4: If they don't win back the House next year, then I don't I don't think we see the back of this guy.
Speaker 3: I just think there's nothing to stop him at all.
Speaker 1: How should democratical guy last night?
Speaker 5: And what I mean by that is, yeah, Jersey, you expect Jersey to go blue. Mayor raised in New York City, you expect that to go blue. Prim fifty in California, that's the blue state, right, Virginia, you kind of expect that the margins margins, Okay, so how should they should should there be something they look at and be like, Okay, this is a this is a step in the right direction for us.
Speaker 3: It's on hundred percent of step in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Especially you look at the Virginia House for example, which is seen as a bell whether they won back a bunch of seats too proof majority there which so so Trump took a beating in all these places, especially in Virginia where you know, he fired a bunch of federal workers, doge.
Speaker 3: All of that had a huge impact.
Speaker 4: But look, it's across the board. It's in special elections. In Georgia, it's the Prop fifty, a two to one vote. I think Gavin Newson will be very pleased with that result. There was a statewide race in Georgia for which they won as well. You go through the list. In Maine, they rejected an attempt to limit early voting and all sorts of other voting methods. So it's really really interesting that across the board they did well. The margins were big, I mean, mikey Ryl, it was looking very close in New Jersey just last week she actually was a blowout, right, So I do think the margins are big. It does bode well for them going into next year. My bigger worry is not did they win the House. I hope they're win the House, but then what do.
Speaker 3: They do with that?
Speaker 1: Part?
Speaker 4: Like I have no confidence in Heckem Jeffreys, I have no confidence in Chuck Schumer. I mean Chuck Schumer was asked yesterday who did you vote for in your city?
Speaker 3: And he could not say who he voted for?
Speaker 4: Like disgraceful, doesn't come close enough to you are the leader of the Democrats in the Senate and you can't say that you voted for the Democratic candidate in New York. And by the way, you said new York goes you know he's a Democratic city.
Speaker 3: But this guy was up against two candidates.
Speaker 4: He was up against the Republican and the famous Democrat with name recognition who was governor of the state.
Speaker 1: Terrible candidates.
Speaker 3: Terrible candidate.
Speaker 1: Ye, and I like Curtis as a person, but.
Speaker 4: They agreed, agreed he got lucky. You need lucky in public hill. Donald Trump got lucky in twenty sixteen. You could argue with Hillary Clinton. But the point is they still outspent him. They still threw the kitchen, sinking him. He still had all the billionaire support, he still had the Croomo name.
Speaker 3: If you go back nine months, we say terrible calendidate.
Speaker 4: But he had the inevitability or it was like it's Andrew Cromo's race to lose.
Speaker 3: He was leading in the primaries.
Speaker 4: This was the guy who was supposed to just naturally get it because of his name and experience and money.
Speaker 3: He didn't look got disgraced twice.
Speaker 2: Let me ask what does that mean for Democrats because it seems like when the Democrats had somebody they split like Voltron RIGHTY had Eric Adam, now he's independent. You have Pomo now he's independent. But they're Democrats. But they all did this to go at Mombani. So what does that mean for Democrats? Because Republicans I don't think would ever do that, even if they didn't like the candidate, they would still staying behind me.
Speaker 3: I Trump.
Speaker 4: It's a reminder that they keep nominating crappy Democrats. I mean, the fact that Eric Adams was the mayor, the fact that Andrew Cromo was the governor, tells you volumes about newor Democratic Party and how awful it was. And I think Mum niney is a breath of fresh air. I was standing in that hall at Brooklyn Paramount last night watching him speak, seeing the energy, the crowd, people crying, thinking to myself, this is the guy they chose to reject. This is the guy Chuck Schuber couldn't even say he voted for. This is the guy that, as you call him, Apac Shakur couldn't turn up and actually until like the friday before the race, endorsed him.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with these people? Do they not want to win?
Speaker 4: He won young men eighteen to twenty nine according to the NBC exit poll last night, by forty points. To put that in context, Cheryl and Spamberger won young men by ten and fourteen points.
Speaker 3: I'm done. He won by forty points.
Speaker 4: I'm old enough to remember a year ago when Democrats like, how do we get young men back? Do we need to go on podcasts? How do we get young men back? This guy's doing it.
Speaker 3: He's given you a playbook and they're like, no, no, we don't want the playbook.
Speaker 4: We don't want this guy. The entire party establishment rejecting him to the very end. Hillary Clinton asked at the weekend, She's like, I don't know how an out of view like none of them would come behind this guy with energy and charisma. So it's a real problem for the Democratic But if they decided to carry on, you know the classic circus firing squad where they're all just shooting each other. On Monday, Spamberger, the woman who just won the governor's race in Virginia, she was attacking mum, Danny is dishonest.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what are you doing. You're both on the eve of major elections. Why are you attacked? Why are you attacking him?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Is there not enough Republicans to attack? But that is classic Democratic part.
Speaker 1: I think I saw correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: I saw Paul last night that he won just young people eighteen to twenty nine, by like seventy five percent overall.
Speaker 4: I didn't see the phial nomination on the male one is fast.
Speaker 3: He won women of course.
Speaker 4: As well, but the male was fasct because all I was told by pundits was like, young men don't vote, they're all conservatives. Now, we were told that all young men are conservatives. We didn't see that last night. We were told Latinos all conservative. Now, last night Democrats won back Latinos across the country. Guess what, Having a rogue fascist secret police and mask picking up brown people off the street doesn't help your pole ratings.
Speaker 3: What do you say to the people.
Speaker 2: Let's say, you know, because a lot of older people feel like he doesn't have the experience and that's what scares them. So what do you say to olds individuals?
Speaker 3: And what is your thoughts? I will repeat my position the guy from home alone to his president with his finger on the nuclear button.
Speaker 4: If Donald Trump can be president of the United States, anyone can be anything in this country. He is like the reverse American dream. And I think, look, you know, he's been in the state Assembly for a few years. He made a very good point in the campaign. He's like, look, my experience is not Andrew Cromo's experience. But why would you want Andrew Cromo's experience. I don't think people care about that stuff anymore. Look at Grand Platinum Maine guys, an oyster fisherman, marine veteran had a Nazi tattoo on his chest and he's fulling out hales.
Speaker 3: People don't care.
Speaker 4: They want authenticity, they crave energy, they crave real people. They are fed up with the automatons and the robots and the corporate consultant created candidates.
Speaker 3: They're done with it.
Speaker 5: I want to go back to Hakeem Jeffreys and Chuck Schumer for a second.
Speaker 1: Is Iran did give me hope that there are still free and fair elections? Right?
Speaker 5: Because I'm being honest with you, I was like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was worried about same things.
Speaker 5: I'm like, right, but he gave me hope it did still free and fair elections. And he also gave me hope that Hakeem Jeffreys and Chuck Schumer could be successfully primary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean Hakeem, I think is more difficult from what I hear. I'm not the great expert on every New York district.
Speaker 3: But Schumer for sure. I mean, Schumer is so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: You see, like you look at people like my good friends of Crooked Media, the pod Save guys and all those guys.
Speaker 3: Everyone across every ring, almost.
Speaker 4: Every wing of the Democratic body is like what is wrong with Chuck? Shop Like it doesn't matter with you, like Mum Danny or not. Like mindly, you can't do that. You cannot build your entire personality around vote bloo no matter who with a little asterisk, unless it's the Democratic socialist Muslim guy from New.
Speaker 3: York, then you don't have to endorse him. I think that.
Speaker 4: I think he's embarrassed himself. AOC was at the event last night. She has been obviously a strong support of Mum Danny. A lot of people have divided as to whether they want her to run for president in twenty eight or do they want her to primary Chuck Schumer in twenty eight. She obviously has a better chance of beating Schumer in twenty eight than she hasn't being president, which is just a bigger lift. You know, people like Chiosa from the City council. People are talking about him running up against who said about Dick Cheney as they may he rest in piss, which upset a lot of Republicans, but we need that kind of blunt speaking. He's been talked about a potential candidate against Jeffries. I think it'll be different, difficult to primaryquem Jefferies.
Speaker 1: But why do you think so?
Speaker 3: I think the machine is very strong in places like his district.
Speaker 4: I think I've seen reports about internal poland be good, but look, anything's possible. When I interviewed or On Mondani in December twenty twenty four, and I told him this to his face recently when they interview him again, it was a pity interview. I was like, all right, let's give this scat platform. He's at one percent, he's a lefty.
Speaker 3: I like it. I didn't expect him to win. I'll be on very honest about that.
Speaker 4: He was at one percent and he beat Andrew Cromo twice, So yes, it can be done. And I think they should both be really worried, especially Chuck Schuber. I think, forget primary Senate Democrats should be forcing his resignation right now.
Speaker 3: The guy is useless.
Speaker 4: There are many other Democrats who wo do a much better job, Chris Murphy, Bryan Schotts, Chris van Holland, people are going out and taking the fight to Republicans. And meanwhile Schumer's like, I will write you another sternly worded letter, and it's like, you're not the man for this moment.
Speaker 5: The reason I think they should be challenged is because when I saw HACKEM. Jeffrey's on Jake Taple this weekend, I have a lot of reasons I think should be many. But I saw him on Jake Tabbit this weekend and they asked him, does he think Madani is the future of the Democratic Party, and he was like, no, Congress Democrats and Congress, what does that even mean?
Speaker 1: Democrats?
Speaker 4: I mean, you could end every Hakeem Jeffrey's interview and say, what does that even mean? The man is a walking talking word salad. It's just in si. There was a time when he used to be compared to Obama, which I don't know if that's just the racist thing. It's like a young black guy, he's Obama. Here's nothing like Obama. He's one of the most ineloquent people I've come across. He talks like a robot. Even when he was trying to explain why he hadn't remember. When they would asking like why haven't you endorsed mom Dan, he would be like he would come up with all tortuous sentences to explain himself.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is what I mean.
Speaker 4: Why would you want a party led by a robot like Hakim when you can have a party led by a kind of.
Speaker 3: Dynamo like Zara Mumdani.
Speaker 4: And that's it's just as simple as that, or an AOC or many other people, or you know, a grand Platt.
Speaker 3: People who actually have I think people.
Speaker 4: Are just fed up of the old way of doing policies. We know that, we know that since twenty sixteen. The Republicans worked that out a long time ago. I think Democrats still haven't quite worked it out. There's still in Maine. They're trying to run seventy seven year old governor to be a first term senator just to stop grand platn at this populist candidate.
Speaker 3: It's like they don't learn any lessons.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it shows how out of touch the Democratic Party is when they're giving MUNDANEI credit and he should get credit, but giving him credit for using social media galvanizing young people in talking about affordability.
Speaker 1: He told it a basis I know, like Obama did Dad.
Speaker 3: In a eight.
Speaker 4: It's amazing that this guy had to come on and remember how Mumdani becomes famous. He goes out in Queen's after the presidential election and he just stops people and says, did you vote for Trump?
Speaker 3: Why do you vote for Trump?
Speaker 4: There's no hectoring, there's no heckling, just has conversations with them, and at the end he's like, well, I'm running for mayor.
Speaker 3: This is what I do.
Speaker 4: And they're like, yeah, we support that. And I think those kind of conversations it's not rocket sciences.
Speaker 3: You say to have that.
Speaker 4: But if you're a party that's captured by donors and the corporate class and special interests, as the Democratic Party sadly is, especially at the higher levels, then it's very hard for you to have those conversations. Like you say, it's it's not rocket science, it's like, oh, people want cheaper rent and cheaper buses and more affordable Like, this is not rocket science. But if you yeah, if you're beholden to people who say it can't be done, you can't promise that this is impossible. And one of the things you'd said in the speech last night is that he's redefined what is possible or impossible.
Speaker 5: Does this win for shadow a shift in the national democratic strategy, because I mean the Madonnas were the only progressive last night.
Speaker 1: Everybody else is pretty much establishment.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I think that's what I think.
Speaker 4: That's what a lot of pundits are going to spin it, as they're already spinning it as as look look.
Speaker 3: At the We got a CIA officer elected in Virginia.
Speaker 4: We got a former Navy pilot in New Jersey who cares about the democratic socialist student in New York.
Speaker 3: I don't think people are going to buy it.
Speaker 4: I don't think any person looks at Spanberger and show with a great respect to his two new women governors won great victories and thinks that is the future. To go back to the question that haquem Win Nuns they're the future of the party, They're not. I mean, they are, you know, replacement level centrist Democrats who.
Speaker 3: Won on a blue wave.
Speaker 4: I think I saw a poli Estay NBC exit poll said that forty percent of people in New Jersey and Virginia so the sole reason for voting for Democrats was to be anti Trump. So as long as you have that Trump weighing down the Republican ticket, Democrats will benefit from that.
Speaker 3: Zora Mum done.
Speaker 4: He's offering something different. He's not just People aren't just voting for him because they're anti Trump. That is not the energy that's coming, especially from young people. It's because he is offering a different sort of politics, a different sort of vision somebody who is willing to stand with working people. He began his speech last night talking about the working class, which again many Democrats have not talked about for a long time. Platner is Bernie does, AOC does and now ma'm dani. So I hope they take the right lessons. But I suspect they won't. I suspect they'll say nan, no, no, Let's look at what the centrists did. And by the way, I mean, Abigail Spanberger, what did she run on?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Democrats anti Trump, So.
Speaker 4: If she's the model, okay, but what does she run I mean, this is the thing. And by the way, Mikey Sheryl who won in New Jersey, she may be a centrist. She ran on a very very popular Skenny she said, you know, she said she's having to freeze electricity rates. How come we didn't have national debate about that's unrealistic. You can't do that right. In fact, a lot of people say it's illegal for her to do that. Whether she'll be able to call a state.
Speaker 3: Of point is who cares.
Speaker 4: She said it, She's trying it. She showed that she gives her damn about what people care about. And uh, you know the double standard is mmdanna oh, prove it, prove it, prove it. Nobody said that to mikel Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we live in Jersey. That's all I mean.
Speaker 5: I voted for Mikey Hierroll and that's what I voted for her. I voted her because she was talking about affordability, because she was talking about lawer in taxes, because she was talking about doing things like you know.
Speaker 1: Electric builds like your building, Like, yeah, that's that's crazy. My only reason voting war.
Speaker 4: But is it interesting that she said should freeze electricity bills? And that's right because you only questioned the left wing guy.
Speaker 2: Now you're right. I do have a question, you know, have you spoke to mom Donni with the One thing that scares me about Mondanni is when you see the post like that and you see the amount of hate he's getting, do you speak to him about security?
Speaker 3: Safety? Yes?
Speaker 2: And how does he feel about that? Because I've never seen so much hate. You know, you can question somebody, but the hate that's coming out of these people sometimes I feel like it's going to be worse than that. Have you talked to him about security and make sure.
Speaker 3: When I interviewed him just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Was it was a day or two days after a guy had just been arrested for making death threats against his staff, And that was before the last few weeks of his campaign where they really ratcheted up this kind of radical Islamic coming. See Ted Cruz was tweeting he's a literal jihadis.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's just be clear to people what chump said. He's used.
Speaker 2: I see somebody say should be deported like it's.
Speaker 3: They're putting a pictures of nine to eleven, right, They're using nine to eleven against this guy who was what nine years old on nine eleven. I'm not looking at that.
Speaker 4: Michael Bloomberg funded the super pack that did that ad with the picture of his face over nine eleven.
Speaker 3: These people should be ashamed of themselves.
Speaker 4: Andrew Cromo went on a podcast and laughed when the host said, well, he'd be cheering on another nine to eleven Ted Cruz, I mean, it's so hypocritical. These Republicans spent weeks going on about Charlie Kirk. Right last time I came on your show, I think it was a day before or the day of the killing of Charlie Kirk. We spent weeks of Republicans say, if you say fascist, that means you're insideing hate Again, if you call us a Nazi, you're gonna get us killed. Look at your language. They have spent the last few weeks calling this guy a jihadis. I want to be clear to your viewers, a jihadist in the eyes of the American political stablished. Other people on the planes, the nine to eleven planes is isis is Bokoharam is al Qaider. That is what you are comparing him to. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: He literally is.
Speaker 4: Republicans have said one after another, he's a terrorist, He's a jihadist, he's a communist, he hates Jews, he hates America based on nothing.
Speaker 3: Of course that's going to insight. Hey, of course there's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be death threats. I do worry about a security. I hope he has good security now now that he's the mayor. Before he was the cand that I think he had a couple of m YPD guys. I hope they have a lot of security. It's actually it's scary the level of Islamophobia. I think I talked to a lot of Muslims. I am Muslim.
Speaker 3: Wherever I go.
Speaker 4: I was in Texas at the weekend, previous week imes, in California. Wherever I go and speak to Muslims, everyone agrees that the Islamophobia now is even worse than it was after nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: What why?
Speaker 4: Just because they've had a twenty year head start to ratchet this stuff up. They're well organized, they're well funded, and they are petrified. I mean, you see the reactions last night from all the kind of Daily Wire guys and all those guys like New York's not a real city anymore.
Speaker 3: It does contained real Americans. I mean, white supremacists are.
Speaker 4: Much more embold and much more organized than they were under George But I mean, just a reminder, I loathe George Bush.
Speaker 3: The man should be in the Hague. Dick Cheney died yesterday. I did not shed a tear, but George Bush.
Speaker 4: After nine eleven, even George Bush went to a mosque and said, Islamist peace, Let's not blame more Muslims for what happened. Can you imagine Donald Trump doing that today? Of course, none of these Republicans would, and they are waiting for him to kind of pin more stuff on him. The hate is out of control. And the hypocrisy from these people who spent the last month telling us toned down the language, don't get us killed, and they're doing this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's it's I worry.
Speaker 1: What do you say to Mundani though?
Speaker 5: And I would love to ask him this question for Jewish people who have real fear right or for you know, Cuba. I was talking to a couple of my Cuban friends last night and they was like, he's a communist. I'm looking at it, and he's a communist is so obvious. Those that have not been affected by communism don't see it and don't care to see it. He's selling an unrealistic dream that unfortunately ignorant people and people who are easily swayed.
Speaker 1: It's allbs.
Speaker 5: A guy who's never worked a day in his life, living on mommy's money for del Castro, was charismatic and made promises, and when he took the range he killed his number two and declared he was Marxist.
Speaker 1: Cuba has been in this shits ever since.
Speaker 5: What are you saying to those people? Why do you tell Mandani to handle those people?
Speaker 3: I would say to Cuban Americans in good faith, Cuban Americans who worry about communism in Cuba, I would say, I don't remember Fidel Castro's platform being fast and free buses, freeze the rents, universal childcare. To go back to the how we began the discussion, like that is not communism, Like you got to go get a.
Speaker 4: Dictionary or educate yourself about what communism is. So I'm knowing he's not a communist, He's a democratic socialist. He is what Bernie Sanders is. And in this country, by the way, democratic socialist is not even real socialism.
Speaker 3: It's basically European social democracies.
Speaker 4: What the Scandinavians have, you know who universal childcare, Finland, Iceland and Denmark, Sweden, these countries have universe childcare. They're very nice places, very mild places. Go on holiday, Americans go to Sweden. It is not communist Cuba like the kind of again the incendiary rhetoric. And by the way, I would argue that that's actually a very good position for to be in. They know the socialist stuff doesn't work anymore because people are like, we quite like that. So now have you noticed they ratchet it up he's a communist. Trump said on sixty minutes, He's not a socialist, he's a communist. They've even ratcheted that up because they know their attacks aren't working. It's so cynical. And on the front, on the antisemitis of the front. Last night in his speech he said again, he said, I will stand with Jewish New Yorkers against the scourge of antisemitism.
Speaker 3: He said it again.
Speaker 4: I interviewed Brad Lander last night, who was one of the main guys who endorsed him, and during the race, one of his top allies Jewish American standing up to this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's all bs.
Speaker 4: And I would point out, by the way, one in three Jewish Americans, according to the Exit Pole Jewish New Yorkers voted for und Nanni right. Majority didn't, but one in three voted, a significant minority of Jewish people.
Speaker 3: This is not a monolithic.
Speaker 4: Community the Jewish community, like any community, there are different views. And a third of Jews in New York said, you know what, we like Zora mum Dandy. We don't buy the bs about Zora Mumdy. And I've said this many times to people. Show me the one antisemitic statement he's made show me one, just.
Speaker 3: One say it was one.
Speaker 5: They was pointing the rap lyrics. I can't remember what the lyrics are, but told me these rap lyrics.
Speaker 4: No, there was rap lyrics about He was supporting a group of Muslims who had been detained at the time. It was a very controversial case during the War on Terror during the Bush period, the Holy Land Foundation folks who were accused of channeling money to Hamas. That's a civil liberties issue. You can disagree or agree with it. That was his position. I challenge anyone to find me a state from from zaraon mum Daney where he says something anti Jewish, antisemitic.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's the opposite.
Speaker 1: He spends his.
Speaker 4: Time cherishing diversity. He is the diversity candidate. It was Andrew Cromo on an MSNBC and confused Eugene Daniels with Jonathan k par two black men, got them wrong way around, and said, well, diversity is not in that. You know, that's not our strength and all this crap that we're hearing. So I just it's so cynical, the weaponization of antisemitism against Let's be honest, it's not about antisemitism about the fact that he's anti Israel the fact that he's a critic of Israel, and it's a conflation of the two. He's he's very unapologetic about his criticism of Israel.
Speaker 3: That's what pissed all these people off.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you boy that because you know, I did see an n last name with mins Shapiro and he referred to him as anti Israel, and I was like, is it fair to say he's anti Israel?
Speaker 1: Is he anti the.
Speaker 5: Israeli government that is, you know, uh, committing war crimes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in God, well, he's definitely anti that, as every person with a heart should be. If you're not anti this Israeli government, you're a sociopath. But in terms of the actual they would argue, let me just be fair to the critics. The critics would say he is anti Israel because when he was asked does it have a right to exist as a Jewish state, he says he believes it has a right to exist with equality for everyone, and this goes to the debate around Zionism and the nature of a Jewish state. Zara mum Nani's position is, I'm an American. I believe in equal rights for everyone. I want that everywhere. Israel doesn't have that. Palestinians aren't full, first class equal citizens in Israel, even inside of Israel. So that's what I support. The funny thing is he also says that about Saudi Arabia. He says about India right, he's criticized the Indian government for its ethno nationalism. He's against ethno nationalism. We're Americans, we should all be against ethno nationalism. So it's all exaggerated, I think a lot, But you're right. Fundamentally, he's against genocide in Gaza, as are most Americans, as our forty percent of American do you think it to genocide in Gaza?
Speaker 3: Again, not a monolithic community.
Speaker 4: But that's what really annoyed Bill Ackman. That's what annoyed Ben Shapiro. Not anything to do with antisemity. That's all been completely cynically weaponized against them. And you'll see that as mayor.
Speaker 3: People will be fine.
Speaker 5: I've got another question about the government shut down. The ACA premiums have already gone up, they're set for the year. Democrats, we appreciate the effort, but isn't it time to reopen the government.
Speaker 3: I mean, who's in judge of the government.
Speaker 5: Republicans, But you still need those eight Democrat boatstable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because of the filibuster they now want to get rid of. By the way, Yeah, I spent years.
Speaker 5: Saying anybody, I don't care who's responsible for it's a bidparty. It's gonna take a bio Bardies effort. But isn't it time to reopen the government?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course it's time to reopen the government. But the Republicans in judge of the government. You cannot have still need a democratic but you cannot have a political system that always relies on only the Democratic Party being the responsible party.
Speaker 3: You just can't. America cannot survive.
Speaker 4: We've created It's like having toddlers, right, they probably go about are a bunch of toddlers, and everyone else has to be the adults in the room. And that cannot continue indefinitely. And at some point I'm glad Democrats have drawn aline, even with humor and Jeffries where they're saying, you know what, it's up to Republicans to govern responsibly. It's up to Republicans to stick to their pledges.
Speaker 1: But we know they can't.
Speaker 3: But that's the problem.
Speaker 4: But we know the reason I say it with the greate disrespect, My friend, you're part of the problem. You can't say we know they can't because that immediately gives Republicans a possible puts the entire American democracy, American government, American economy only in the hands of one party should have.
Speaker 1: To deal with.
Speaker 5: I agree, but we know Republicans aren't going to do the right thing Renners. Do you know they're talking about cutting snap benefits. People got childcare to pay light bill card notes. We need groceries like we need the Democrats to say, Okay, we know you're not going to give us no concessions.
Speaker 1: We fought the good fight. We're going to both to reopen the government.
Speaker 4: The problem with that argument is if you're worried about human suffering, the counter argument is that reopening the government on Republican terms increases human suffering.
Speaker 1: Yes, but the elections.
Speaker 5: The elections in twenty twenty six, so now you can say Republicans are responsible for your humor suffering. Republicans are the reason you got high health care, so let's change this in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: I don't have the numbers off the top of my head, but a lot of the stuff that Trump did in the big beautiful bill, all the horrific stuff. They very smartly delayed that till after the terms. At the premium is a lot of pain. So look, there's a strategic argument for doing what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I don't believe.
Speaker 4: I've been around long enough to know that this always ends with the Republicans benefiting from Democrats rolling over. And I'm glad to see Democrats not rolling over.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, but it's hard to see all this human stuff. These food banks are sold. The line food banks are so long. You know, we got government workers calling up here every day.
Speaker 4: But the fact that people, but the fact that you and I are talking about Democrats are not Donald Trump starving Americans and saying he said at the weekend he goes, I will a court.
Speaker 3: Let's just be very clear. A court has said he must release the funds to pay for SNAP and.
Speaker 4: He said I'm not going to do it. That should be the conversation. It's not should Democrats open the governments? Should Donald Trump follow the law?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying the government should be reopen. We just know it takes a Biparti's in effort to do it. Yes, Republicans are the main issue, but we can't act like it. You know, eight Democrats.
Speaker 4: It'll be interesting see if they get rid he's not pushing for the philibuster, new King. It'll be interesting to see if they get rid of that philibuster because of course, in the long run, that will help Democrats.
Speaker 1: They had a good night last night. Reopen the government, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, but I'm saying it's Republicans have to reopen the government.
Speaker 1: It's a bipartisan effort.
Speaker 4: I mean, they control the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, Democrats.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm not even saying Democrats are a problem. I'm just saying it is a bipartisan effort.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm sying to get people their money, and I'm saying I'm saying there's a cush to doing it.
Speaker 5: And you know, and you know, the where the where where it's kind of disingenuous is if by some chance Republicans do make concessions, aren't you going to give the Democrats credit? And what if the Democrats make concessions on healthcare?
Speaker 3: If the Democrats are republic I mean, if Republicans.
Speaker 5: Make concessions on healthcare. Aren't you going to give the Democrats credit? I mean yes, so you got to give them this credit now with the government being.
Speaker 3: That they have a role to play.
Speaker 4: Yes, but it's about but the problem whose responsibility is it? That's the point I don't think again, it goes back to my thing. I can't treat Republicans like children and toddlers. I don't think American democracy can survive if we only have a two party system and one of the two parties is completely we just don't take seriously. They can do whatever the hell they want. They can break any law it could want, any judge, shut down any government program, n usaid like that, and again, the costs of reopening the gun, the costs of conceding on the Medicaid cuts.
Speaker 3: And all of that stuff. Your point is, well, next year they can point in the midterms, what about the suffering on that front till the midterms? What the people are gonna lose health care?
Speaker 5: I agree with that, but man, that's one high bill to pay as opposed to not being able to pay your rent, not being able to put your card, not be able to pay your childcare. Even if you have healthcare. Now you still can't pay. Agree because you're not making any money.
Speaker 4: I agree to the horrific situation. It's why I wish people are not re elected Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are where we are.
Speaker 4: We got Donald Trump for another three years minimum, maybe longer, as you and I fear.
Speaker 5: And Democrats have to be the adults in neural because of that, they just have too many I know you, I know we don't want him to be I'll tell you I shouldn't be like that.
Speaker 1: It is no, but it isn't.
Speaker 3: Because I think you can.
Speaker 4: We have to change the way we talk about politics, the way we organize, the way with the media covers this stuff. Because the minute you do this, let me just give you a let's say they open the government tomorrow. Let's sa'se eight Democrats to fill them or whatever they come in government?
Speaker 3: Open up? What is that? What precedent does that say?
Speaker 4: It just means that Republicans will keep doing this again and again, knowing that you've got three more years of pain and suffering.
Speaker 5: Yes, but hopefully with the next year you can say, look at your health care benefits.
Speaker 1: The healthcare benefits are high as hell.
Speaker 5: It's because of Republicans twenty twenty six, y'all need to change this.
Speaker 4: So the Republican body runs a completely operate opposite manual. When they're in opposition, they do everything they can, obviously to not make government where they don't care if people are starving and can't pay their rent. But then they electorally benefit from that right. They benefit from saying, ah, the government didn't work. Ah, things didn't get through, and Democrats, unfortunately, I think, are gonna have to use that playbooks as cynical and ruthless as has to be.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, I don't see another alternative. You tell me what the alternative is.
Speaker 4: You're hoping that the government opens up and things go back to normal, whatever normal is, and.
Speaker 3: Then people blame the Republicans. I'm to see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would rather the government be open, people be getting paid, And we're having these arguments about healthcare and Republicans fucking shit up without you know, people having the Mispaid checks.
Speaker 4: But if the governments open up, this democratic argument I'm not a Democrat, but the Democratic Party argument is if the government's open up, you're gonna have huge costs in the healthcare world.
Speaker 5: Once again, that's one bill as opposed to people not getting no checks to pay lights, rent daycare, like no money coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is horrible.
Speaker 3: It's just it's an fed up situation in this country. We shouldn't. By the way, can I just point this out to people who are listening or watching. I'm for the UK. I have an immigrant to the US.
Speaker 4: No other country functions like this. There's no other Western democracy that has government shutdowns. There's no other Western democracy that has debt ceilings.
Speaker 3: This is all.
Speaker 4: Artificial crap that's in our system that needs to be fixed again when the Democrats are in office, they need to fix this stuff so that we don't have this constant cycle of this nonsense.
Speaker 3: The people are like, this is why people hate politics. To go back to what I said at the start.
Speaker 5: Well, at least we got people here, you here bring some clarity to it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it absolutely well.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you for joining us this morning. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Thank you for breaking it down.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure you'll be back sooner than.
Speaker 1: Later, not to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Thanks case.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, we got the ladiest with Lawrence, So don't go anywhere it's the breakfast Club. Good morning, hold up every day a week ago.
Speaker 5: Pack your ass up the breakfast club, you finish for y'all done,