Speaker 1: Wow, what's up everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of the NFL Fantasy Cheat Sheet. I am Marcus Grant. That is Lawan Jones, Michael Left Florio's in parts unknown. Where exactly are you right now?
Speaker 3: Newport Richie, Florida?
Speaker 2: All right? All right? You see I see you sporting the Mets. Is that one of the Mets have spring training? They're not third Port Saint Lucy.
Speaker 3: Port Saint Lucy. H this was a bad time to come to Florida because teams are like wrapping up spring training and I'm gonna miss it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're there at the tail end of spring training of anything.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: We are on a little bit later than we normally would be on a Thursday. The reason is we just finished putting a new episode of NFL Fantasy Live in the Can for you Free Agency fallout myself, Adam Rank, Cynthia Freeland, Patrick Claybond, mostly because Florio is in Newport, Florida right now. But you can check that out on your TV screens coming up tonight at eight pm Eastern, five pm Pacific. In the meantime, we are here, we have plenty of fantasy football type things to talk about. Jump in the chat, be involved, participate. This is what we want. We want you to be a part of this show. Thrilled last week by the participation that we got. The new episode of the podcast is out right now, thanks to Matthew Betts from the Fantasy Footballers Dynasty pod for stopping by talking some things so you may have a listen. If you listen to the pod already, you may have heard that. You know, there were parts of it that Florio was on, parts of it that were not pull back the curtain. For logistics reasons, we sort of tape that at different times during the week, so that means that Floria, you did not get a chance to jump in on the whole Mike Williams conversation, he goes from the Chargers to the Jets. Both Lakwan and I were sort of feeling like that was a net positive for both the Jets and for Mike Williams. How do you come down on this deal?
Speaker 3: I think it is a net positive for the Jets, for Garrett Wilson, for Aaron Rodgers, Like he's a huge even coming off the ACL. I think he's a huge upgrade over Alan Lazard. I think he's going to demand more defensive attention, and that helps open up stuff for Garrett Wilson. I think it gives the Jets a downfield fifty to fifty type ball receiver that they didn't have. I'm not sure it's a net positive for Mike Williams because it could be if Aaron Rodgers can get back to being Aaron Rodgers. But we haven't seen Aaron Rodgers be Aaron Rodgers now in two years, so I think floor was probably a little safer with Justin Herbert. But yeah, this, if Aaron Rodgers gets back to it, Mike Williams could be a really good wide receiver. But I'm thinking you'll you won't have to pay more than a wide receiver three, maybe even a wide receiver four price.
Speaker 2: To get him. Yeah, I mean, I think I think that the ADP is going to be sort of nice there. The Jets offense could potentially be scary if everyone stays healthy, right, If Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, If Mike Williams stays healthy, if Tyron Smith upfront stays healthy, if all those guys can stay intact for sixteen seventeen games, this is an offense that could really cause problems for a lot of people. But you know, you know, if in butts were candy and nuts, we don't have a merry Christmas. Did you guys see the breakfast sandwich saga? For Mike Williams, yes, unfortunately.
Speaker 4: And I was a bit triggered because the order said Taylor Ham, egg and cheese, Like, where are we ordering from?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: It's pork roll? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Like, come on now, I'll go across the bridge and get a bacon, egg and cheese.
Speaker 2: There you go, like, what are we doing? Bro? Like, I love the fact that a breakfast sandwhich triggers the two East Coasters off zoommen and just zoom in and look at it. Florio.
Speaker 4: I was just like, is that Taylor Ham?
Speaker 3: Like I was, I'm happy you did because I was wondering what that sandwich was because it couldn't Parkrol Taylor him even though the same thing and bacon.
Speaker 4: Like it looked good though, I mean, I believe that was probably a good sandwich, like just come on that just putk roll, egg and cheese.
Speaker 2: And for his part, Mike Williams says, you know it was it was part of what lured him got the deal done. I'm sure he was being facetious a little bit. I'm sure that, you know, the money, the numbers that the Jets put in front of him had a lot more to do with it than anyway he could force a sandwich anywhere he goes. At this point, I do love.
Speaker 3: That the Jets corded him to Applebee's and they bought him a breakfast sandwich. I like that.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: Man, that's like real, you know. I mean, it's one thing to go out and get those nice steak dinners. I know, people were talking about JJ McCarthy taking visits with all these teams, and it's like, hey man, somebody's gonna take me out to a nice steak dinner and I don't have to come out of pocket for it. Like I'm absolutely gonna do that. But oh yeah, there's something kind of in theory about going to Applebee's. Man, it's just getting like that, you know, ever regular sandwich.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I missed the two for twenty though.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That was those clutch back in the day.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the sampler samplery. So now we have at some point we have to do like the the you know, the Applebee's menu ranking something a mock dra bring back the two for twenty please, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Quick.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: One of the comments in the Chad Donald Smith asking us who should the Bears draft with the first pick? Uh and the Church rises is one to say, will right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Bears have I mean, it's it's on the sheet. But Keenan Allen showing up at USC pro day, I think tells you all you need to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it was sort of funny because it was I feel kind of like a who's who of the people there. I know, you know, the Bears obviously sent their front office. Matt ebrol Flus was out there, Ryan Poles was out there. I think the Commanders sent some people. I think Cliff Kingsbury was there, who Cliff coached Caleb last year at USC. But it would be the upset of all upsets if Caleb Williams does not go number one.
Speaker 4: I will be truly shocked, Like I would just turn the TV off, like right now, like this can't be real, Like who else could they pick?
Speaker 3: Do you think Cliff and the Commanders were there just like trashing Caleb to the Bears.
Speaker 2: They're on agenda, Cliff, Cliff just pointing out all of Caleb's flaws.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's really what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Probably he squeezes the toothpaste tube from the middle, like you don't want this guy on your team.
Speaker 3: One at a time.
Speaker 2: That yeah, I mean, I think you know, for those teams obviously, it's just doing your due diligence in case something weird happens. And for whatever reason, the Bears decided to go with a different route. But but it looks like he is locked and loaded too. Sure, which, by the way, I mentioned Fantasy Live coming on tonight, a little little sneak preview of what we're going to talk about. But Adam Rank has declared that if the Bears do not draft Caleb Williams that he is going to stop watching football.
Speaker 3: Wow, that I highly doubt that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got that too. He says he's gonna stop watching football, then maybe he'll do like an Arsenal podcast or something like that. Boom, you're over here wearing your three lion shirt, man, like I don't forever United Manchester, United Man. This is a man who win England and the United States played each other in the World Cups, showed up in this office wearing an England jersey, we almost threw him in the pond next to Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Caleb Williams, Maggie jumps in in the chat says, I've heard speculation that Caleb may turn the Bears down based on treatment of justice justin fields interested in our I don't. I don't see that. No, I don't think that happens. You know, turned down the number one pick. Yeah, I mean, I know people have sort of talked. I know that was one of the narratives early in draft season, is that Caleb was sort of trying to dictate where he wanted to go. I feel like lately his statements have just been, look, I just want to go somewhere where I'm wanted. I just want to go somewhere I can play where I'm wanted. Plus, look, they got DJ Moore, they got Keenan Allen then actually andrew out the gate. They've got pieces there, right, He's not. This isn't like Bryce Young going to Carolina where like there was nothing around him.
Speaker 4: He had a retirement home on the perimeter.
Speaker 2: You know, Caleb's got he's got pieces to be successful.
Speaker 3: They won seven games last year, which like and now you add Keenan I'm sure Caleb is thinking, I'm an upgrade over justin Fields, because that's how these guys are wired. And did you believe that you the Bears could realistically be in the playoffs this year if if they can build off of what they did last season.
Speaker 2: One hundred and you know, I've seen a lot of talk and I'm sort of buying into it that Caleb Williams could very well set Bears franchise passing records in year one. Yeah, this is this is a franchise that very famously or infamously has never had a four thousand yard passer. He feels like Caleb could be the first. Maybe not in his rookie year. He may not hit four thousand in his rookie year, but you know, if he is even three quarters of what we think he can be, he'll get four thousand.
Speaker 4: I would say he's set up for success to do such things because when the last time we seen a Bears offense look this good with Keenan Allen DJ Moore and then you got DeAndre Swift mixed into that backfield that already had potential to be great, Like I don't think any Bears like quarterback had this type of arsenal in recent years.
Speaker 2: No, I really can't think of anybody that's had this deep of weapons, at least for Chicago in a while now.
Speaker 3: When ever, the Bears are good, it's because, like they play like it's eighty five again. They have a good run in their defense. They've never moved on from that approach that has.
Speaker 2: Sort of been their mo for forty plus years now, probably probably even longer than that. Actually, if you go back even before that, it was probably their uh, their modus operandi. Detown heat jumping in the chat saying it doesn't matter who the Bears picked, the Lions are stomping them a little probably at like I'm digging that. I'm absolutely digging that.
Speaker 3: By two like the Lions for three decades could never say that. So right, man, look.
Speaker 2: Stay it with the chest. But yeah, let them talk. This is your moment, man, take advantage of it. Uh. Speaking of wide receivers and speaking of Detroit, I'm guessing you guys saw this that in Netflix announced their new series receiver. Yeah, last year it was quarterback. This summer it's receiver. I'm on Ross. Saint Brown is one of the guys they're following along with Devonte Adams, Justin Jefferson, George Kittle, and Deebo. Samuel's supposed to come out this summer. We get we get a guy who gets like a a receiver type bumps. We're like always talking about the Hard Knocks bump, like the guy who gets a profile on Hard Knocks, and all of a sudden we're like, I'm gonna move him up my ADPM. I like him. Does that happen for this show or are these guys just already too good that they're sort of locked in?
Speaker 4: I mean, to me, these guys are elites of the elites of the position. I mean, I'm excited to see him mon Ra, like to get to know him a little bit more better, Like, I know he's a hard worker. I kind of want to get behind the curtain to see what he does on his day to day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with Lakwan. I think these guys are already so established in such big names. But and aman Ra is the one that caught my attention the most too, because I really hope he goes to bed just reciting all the.
Speaker 2: Right want I want the from him right where he's just running down the list of receivers that were drafted at the ceiling, you know, and is just like because you know, at this point he knows them by heart, like once by a time he probably had to read them off a list, but like now, you know, he just he knows them all by He probably goes and like stairs each one of them down to when they when the Lions play their team.
Speaker 3: I don't remember as list. I just remember the hound was.
Speaker 2: Always the last, like the hound is always last, and then like her and the hound ended up being cool U. So yeah, maybe maybe there's somebody on that list that that I'm on rawul end up being cool with at some time.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for this. I watched quarterback, I'll watch receiver for sure. The only issue with quarterbacks is one they're a little bit more like I think we're gonna get more personality out of receivers. We're gonna get some cryptic quotes. I'm sure quarterbacks was a little bit more like you know, they're they're like about the team and everything, like these guys are gonna be about themselves a little bit, which which I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think also some of it is like you know, it depends on who you pick right, I mean quarterback. You had Mark's Mariota, you had Kirk Cousins, you know. I mean, these aren't guys that we're like necessarily huge personalities per se. A'mon ra is very funny. George Kittle is a big personality. Deebo Samuel another big personality. These are guys who I think are gonna be a lot of fun to watch for sure. Another comment in the check crown me twice. Hey O, folks, love all the way from Toronto, shout out to the six. Let me in this new segment, by the way, appreciate that. Do you guys feel that Daniel Jones has any worth especially with this group of receivers and the backfield flora you want to start? Are you still in on Danny Dimes?
Speaker 3: Are we talking fantasy or like as a human fantasy. I'm gonna go for fantasy. He He's not someone I'm super excited about at all. In fact, last year I really like taking him as a QB too because of what he can do with his legs, and we saw him finish the year before as a top ten fantasy quarterback, so I thought that would translate. But coming off of a twenty ACL with the neck injury, I'm not sure he's going to run as much as he did two years ago. And if he's not running, he's not going to give you much value, especially like you said, with this receivers in this backfield. A big part of why he had so much running lanes too was teams had a pick do I want to try to stop Daniel Jones or Saquon Barkley And they were consistently locking in on Saquon when they were running the options. So no one's gonna do that with Devin Singletary, not to the same level.
Speaker 4: That's exactly where I was going, like, do you see the pieces he's going into the season with and he's recovering from acl there, No, I really don't see much worth with him in fantasy. He might be out of the building next season. Honestly next summer.
Speaker 2: I was just like, well, the added wrinkle here, does Drew Locke make a serious push to start in this offense? He says that was why he signed with the Giants, is that they were going to give him a chance to compete for that starting job. Obviously, the Giants have soured on Daniel Jones, right, I think they've sort of got buyer's remorse when it comes to the contract that they offered him. I mean we talked about this with Justin Fields and Russell Wilson. Is there a chance Drew Lock starts games this year? I think so, man. I mean Drew Lock.
Speaker 4: We've seen him come off the bench and show up and show out, you know, when Gino went down, and I think he's matured as a player, like you could kind of see it in this game. I mean, a lot more patient, and he's taken his shots where he needs to shake bacumb. He's not being a risk taker like we saw in Denver where he had the turnover. So I feel like now if he's feeling like he's coming into the building where he has an actual shot to be a starter, I think he's gonna take it. Man, He's gonna lock it up.
Speaker 3: I think he can start easily games for them this year. I would be shocked if he started the season, though, because I think I think they give Daniel Jones every opportunity because they don't want to. I mean, one year into that massive deal, you're gonna sit the guy. I don't see that happening. But if he struggles the first half of the year or something like that. I could see them make because the writing's pretty much on the wall after this year, they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Then they just ripped the band aid off now man because you know he's coming back from injury and doesn't add the right. That contract is ugly, but they have a way out though, you know what I mean. So it's like sprit the band aid off man, blow everything up, start over. Get Drew Lock there. He's hungry, he's confident. Now let him get.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 2: If you're blowing it up, is Drew Lock the guy you blow it up? For that you'll have to find I mean that you'll have to figure out.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Two seasons ago we thought Drew Lock was going to be the starter in Seattle. He gets hurt. Gino Smith shows up and just doesn't let go of the job, you know, I mean Locke never he never really made it happen in Denver. He couldn't make it happen in Seattle. He gets a chance to compete here, I think he will. I just you know, if you're blowing it up, I don't know that Drew Lock is the guy you blow I hear you.
Speaker 3: He could help their draft stock for the following season.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm also I'm looking at this their wide receiver and it is not great.
Speaker 3: Dar Wallard decided if he's going to play or not because.
Speaker 2: He's he's as at this point, he has not officially made a decision on whether or not he's coming back this year. But I mean, I'm looking at the wide receiver room, right, I mean Jalen Hyatt, who you know, I'm not I'm not. I'm not giving up on him yet, but you know, he didn't really appear. He didn't really make a whole lot of appearances. It felt like last year Wandale Robinson, who's you know, kind of a nice he's sort of I mean, we sort of know what we're getting with Darius Slayton. We kind of know what we're getting at this point with Isaiah McKinzie.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a team of threes.
Speaker 2: Like threes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still someoneould post the Giants offense and staid it's a if we try our hardest, we can win type of offense.
Speaker 2: I mean that's not really far from wrong. Is that it's going to take every everything going perfect. I think on a weekly basis for this team to consistently win games. You know. Obviously they can go out and add some pieces in the draft potentially, but uh, this seems a long way from really truly competing, especially in the same division with the Eagles and the Cowboys. It's just it's just not really going to be there like that for them. Calvin Ridley, I don't know if you guys saw this, at his press conference for the Titans, said quote, I'm twenty nine years old on paper, but twenty five in real life. I feel that way too, which I don't say is maybe like, how old do you feel in real life? Twenty five? That's really yeah, good for you. No, I don't know. I'm completely two kids. You feel twenty five? I feel forty one right out. To be honest, man, back, I feel in my late twenties. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The good for you, man, Good for you. Keep that feeling.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm not, you know, I've regressed a couple of years, like you know, I'm I feel like I'm probably in my late thirties, early forties.
Speaker 3: Last children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do have a think about it.
Speaker 4: What's the last time we ran like full speed? Like bro I'm thinking purpose, yeah, like pain That's what I'm thinking, like pain.
Speaker 2: Like how Yeah, it's been a while since I've actually had to like do any real sprinting or anything like that, and it's certainly been a long time since I've had another human like smash into me in like, you know, in an aggressive sort of way. Yeah, it's been a while, so okay, but for real, I mean, him saying that he's twenty five in real life? Does that? Does that change either of your opinions on him when it comes to fantasy?
Speaker 4: It's still wait and see for me, And like no, Like, okay, dude, it's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm happy he feels good. I think what he's saying is like, I don't have as much wear and tear on my body as a normal twenty nine year old wide receiver would have because of the time he missed, which is great, but that onset doesn't make his offense have a more experienced play caller or quarterback or anything like that, So it doesn't good for him. I wish we all had that mindset, but uh, it doesn't change much for me.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I'm with you. I mean I'm more worried about who exactly is Will Levis, Like what kind of quarterback. Is he going to be what is this offense going to look like? And the fact is he's going to still continue to share opportunities with de Andre Hopkins, and I expect Nuke's going to be the wide receiver one there with the you know Ridley sort of, I guess a one A if you if you will, But I don't, you know, I don't think the four year difference in age versus paper in real life makes a big difference for me.
Speaker 3: We need to track this summer who's eating banana peels with Will Levis of the two of them?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh god, yeah, like putting with Mao and coffee bana peels.
Speaker 3: And that's what it works with Matt Stafford. You eat breakfast with him, you get targets.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Also, also you have to be Cooper Cup. You also have helps. You also have to be Cooper Cups. Speaking of wide receivers, I know, I know you saw this, Lakwan, Mike McDaniel, wrap it up, Xavier Worthy, I see there?
Speaker 1: What is he doing?
Speaker 2: First off, the picture is hilarious because it looks like like McDaniel looks like a college kid meeting like one of his you know, one of his athletic heroes, right Like he's got the baseball cap on and the backpack and everything. Like it's literally like, you know, he's an intern. He gets like hang out on the field.
Speaker 3: My favorite coach by far.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Oh he's a riot. He has a problem though, but he's really compiling a track team down. What is he thinking?
Speaker 4: Like, come on, bro, it'll be so greedy with the speed. But I would love to see this if it happened. But it's just like how much speed do you need on that offense? Man?
Speaker 2: But also can to a support three wide receiver really fast wide receiver, really fast wide receivers right like, because Tyreek is going to take so many of the targets, Jalen Wattle is going to eat up a lot of the targets. I just don't know that there's room for a third receiver in this Miami offense. No.
Speaker 4: I think they tried it with Cedric Wilson. He's another guy that's fast for fantasy exavier worthy. I don't think he will be worthy, you know, for a roster spot. But real life fans, like real life football, I think it will be really exciting to see, you know, every couple drives. He's making electric plays a deep thread and he's getting bubble screens. He's getting lined up out of the backfield. Like I can see this being amazing for real life football, but for fantasy I don't see it being like relevant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to the folks at the Headliners barbershop who were checking in. We know you guys gave us some love last week, so we appreciate you for giving us love for the show here and for keeping oq's airline crisp. There you go, also major job. Also appreciate you, uh for that. I got a couple more minutes here before we get out of here. Of course you're gonna drop your questions in the check you know, always hit us up. Of course on social media too, however you want to find us there. Jim Harbaugh had a garage sale. I don't know if you guys saw this. He's clearing house right again because you know he's moving from Michigan to Los Angeles to take over the head coach of the charge of somebody. You tweeted that they wonder if he had just like racks of khakis for sale. You know, the kakis got packed. They're getting shipped out to the last you can get anything else, probably you want there. It did sort of make me wonder like, is there a coach whose garage sale you would absolutely want to go to, because for me it was it was Kyle Shanahank, someone like he wouldn't put the Georgians up, right.
Speaker 3: No, probably not. I would go to that for that reason alone.
Speaker 2: Just to see though, right.
Speaker 3: I also just looked up he's making, Jim, he's making sixteen million a years. You can afford to take all of your stuff with you.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's I don't think it's a question of cost. I think it's just a question of like logistics and hassle, Like moving sucks. No, yeah, if you're Jim Harbor for real, just like you know what, we don't want to pack all this stuff.
Speaker 3: We get rid of it. In the picture on the tweet, there is a Michigan football shirt. I wonder like if he wore it, because that would be a hot ticket item in Michigan.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing I'm sure it would around Ann Arbor. I'm sure a game warn Jim Harbaugh t shirt or whatever would would do would do numbers. For sure.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of snow globes though, like they really were just getting rid of stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, also, you figure in his life and career, Jim Harbaugh has moved around a lot, so I'm sure he's collected snow globes from a time.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at a sewna machine like that looks like it's in good condition.
Speaker 2: Dude, takes me back to like seventh grade homewack when I tried to I tried to make a pair of pants and they were terrible. I got to see on them. It was awful.
Speaker 3: Probably should get rid of all of his winter clothes. He's not gonna need it anymore, not really.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I would just saying when they make a playoff run okay, and maybe you have to go down the road.
Speaker 3: So in two years he might need it.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's a good place for us to stop. Before we get out of here, I want to give a shout out for those of you who have listened to the NFL Fantasy Pod for years. You may remember our friend and colleague Alex Gelhar. I want to give a shout out to he and his wife who just had their first child earlier in the week. So Welcome to the world landon Felix. Mom and baby are all doing well, so shout out to Alex Gilhar, our longtime friend and collaborator. We appreciate you, We love you. Best of luck. Welcome to Team No Sleep, homie, because that is going to be your life is real anytime, man. We appreciate Excuse me, I'm getting all choked up tell you about it. The podcast is out. Be sure to go check that out. The link is in the chat right there, excuse me, or you can check our Twitter accounts as well. We appreciate you as always for jumping in here. Back with you again next week, hopefully at a more regular time. In the meantime, check out NFL Fantasy Live tonight at eight pm Eastern on NFL Network. Florio for Lajuana Marcus. Shout out to Kyrie Douglas for helping us put this thing together as well. And that's it. We'll see you next week, everybody,