Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: Brown ambition ambition, ambitious ambition, ambition.
Speaker 2: Hey manager, how are you?
Speaker 3: It seemed like you got a good night's sleep.
Speaker 2: I did, you know what it is? It's better than that.
Speaker 1: I told I was talking to Logan today, my content manager, and like I really was off, like you know, the Thanksday, like Wednesday night because that's when I flew back in, but all Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, like I was off off, meaning like I walked for like an hour or two a day, laid on the couch. Yo, I just I came the last time. I did nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing with not even worry about what's tomorrow. I was like, girl, tomorrow will take care of itself. So I am like not just a good night's sleep, I had a good weekend rest.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that sounds fantasta. What I mean? Now? I am?
Speaker 4: I have I have a three year old now and have a birthday.
Speaker 3: Rio, I so I did.
Speaker 4: I did rest the few days leading it, like I didn't do anything for Thanksgiving. I didn't cook. I let my mother in law be the star. You know, we rolled up and you know, of course Rio had nothing to do, like most kids with Thanksgiving food. He had three scrambled eggs and two piece of cake like.
Speaker 3: That was his meal.
Speaker 4: But yeah, for his birthday we had you know, he's a pandemic baby. And I think you have an option. You either like do a birthday, you know what I mean, like get a get a kid's a activity thing, you know whatever, or you just like, you know, do something really small. And I think Enrique and I my husband, we were you know who he is, but I'm just like, if you're a new husban. Like a month ago, we were going back and forth. We weren't sure if we wanted to like do it, you know, do it big. And I think I felt really optimistic one night and I was like, we're doing it big. So we booked this like Bounce Extravaganza like activity thing like where the kids get to.
Speaker 3: Go from room to room and bounce.
Speaker 4: And for the for the morning activity, and then I was like, we'll take a three hour break and then we're gonna go to the train show at the New York Potanical Gardens. And also they have a light show, so we're gonna get tickets to that too. Oh my god, I could punch myself sounds exhausting. Oh yeah, and then I'm gonna make a character cake for his birthday because.
Speaker 2: I saw the cake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did so much on one day. I thought I would like, oh, I'm saving up my energy for this, but it was it was a lot. And he's a pandemic baby, and those pandemic babies, like I even took him. I was so stressed about him being overwhelmed by the you know, like these big bounce centers.
Speaker 3: I mean they're wild.
Speaker 4: You just don't even know these places exist unless you have toddlers running around. But yeah, I mean they're so bright and they're loud and music and arcade. So I took him for a test run last week. I was like, let me get him acclimated. Do like a dry run, like a like a like a drill, you know, which did help. But yeah, it was like pockets of many pockets of joy, like he had a good time, but then many pockets of tantrums and I died a little bit inside. When they they they brought me this name badge and I was like, oh, it'll say Mandy. It said party mom. Oh, and I was like, who am I a party mom? Like what is out of it, but it's over now. And I was so excited to sit at my desk this morning and check my mail and feel like I don't know me again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a red lip on. She's like, I will not just be a party mom.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 4: You should have seen me running from the daycare. He wouldn't want to go to school. I'm like, bye, how.
Speaker 3: Was but tell me tell us about la.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: So typically when I tape a show, the taping is like super early in the morning, so you don't get to have any fun because they'll be like call time five am, and you're like, great, I gotta go to bed at noon, you know, but at.
Speaker 2: This time, So I taped Jay Hud.
Speaker 1: So I come back from DC speaking at a Chase event, and I remember like sitting in the car with my publicist Tracy, and I was like, girl, I'm not going no place else that's lay And she got a text message like, hey, what Tippany likes to do Jay Hud. I was like, Okay, that's the last place. But I was so glack case I didn't set the boundary because it was Friday, like we were in like I said, the uber on the way back from Newark Airport and they wanted me to fly back out on Sunday, and honestly, everything in my body rejected that. It was like I will not, I cannot, I will not, And so I did it Instead. I asked if I could do the next week, just because I needed a moment. I've been like, I want to do Bay right before that, and then Dallas and then Detroit. It's just so, you know, they could have said no, we need someone to tape at this time and then moved on with someone else. But you know, thankfully, you know, they gave me that space. Also to two of the the producers who now work on the Jay Hud Show. We're also the real producers, you know, I used to do the real.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I remember you, and they know there's only one you and I waited afterday Yeah, so they did and it was just great, and so flew out.
Speaker 1: I got to hang out with my friend von Or. Do you guys know her as Molly from Insecure and she's got a new HBO special. She and I hung out, We went to go see she had like tickets for Chris Rock.
Speaker 2: I know he's controversial, but whatever. Uh and not a lie. He's not that funny. Well he wasn't that name, I wasn't. I was like, this can't be the same Christmas.
Speaker 3: Because he got slacked.
Speaker 2: No, I don't, well.
Speaker 1: Know because he said some like uncontroversial things about about the woman that aj O J.
Speaker 2: Simpson killed I'm Nicole.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean he made a joke about it, which was and thankful he did not do that joke during that his set. You could tell he had some o J jokes. He must have removed it after. People were like, you tried it.
Speaker 2: Brouh But yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, the parts were funny, were very funny, but that was like maybe thirty percent.
Speaker 2: And the show was so long. At one point I was.
Speaker 1: Looking like at my proverbial watch like yes, I was like, rab it out, Chris, I gotta eat dinner. But yeah, So I taped two episodes of Jay Hud. They taped thankfully in the afternoon. Call time was like three. She was so nice and it was like for the first time she was. She was beautiful, super nice, And at first I was trying to ask myself, why does this feel so different? Because usually, I mean, you know, man, you've been an expert on the show. You're kind of like, it's not about you, man, it's about the tips. You're the expert that has the tips. But on my on my script it said celebrity walkout. Tiffany and I did the behind the walkout from the couch to the couch, like waved to the audience and sat where like Kerrie Washington was just sitting method Man was sitting in the day before, Tabatha Brown was like, they didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's just this show.
Speaker 1: They didn't really differentiate the like or I don't even know, but like the expert is over there.
Speaker 2: It's like, did you get to sit here?
Speaker 4: What I'm remembering is like last week or something. I forget when we were on the phone and I was like, yeah, well you're a celebrity, soing, you know, and You're like, I'm not a celebrity.
Speaker 2: I mean at this point though, like.
Speaker 1: A Z extra extra Z minus. But it was just so cool. It was cool, and I just was like, wait, I'm on the couch. That's like literally, I was like, I'm on the couch, like not to the side, not the green screen, but like you're on the couch.
Speaker 2: Tiffany oh mg.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it just I have to say, like her team is so everybody was just so nice, including her, so amazing. Came back the next day, but I just had a really good time too, because usually sometimes I go to a place and I just focus on the business. I do the thing, I stay in the hotel, but this time, like we had dinner every night, which was really nice. One of my cousins is music executive in LA and I have not seen him in years, so we had breakfast one day and he.
Speaker 2: Was telling me some stories.
Speaker 1: So i'll tell you offline, Mandy the post episode TV session. But yeah, it was just like it was amazing, and I said, you know, I really enjoyed this and I'm glad that I went.
Speaker 2: But I'm also glad that I said set the boundary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what did you talk about?
Speaker 2: What was the time? Honestly they wanted to so how did they tip?
Speaker 1: So actually it comes out tomorrow, but you guys are listening, we're taping on Monday. Comes out Tuesday, so you'll have missed it, but I'm gonna I'm sure to share the full clip and I'll share it on my social media, especially Insta, so you'll still be able to watch, and then the second taping doesn't come out until I think January fourth, So it's about like New Year's and how to get on track with your finances in the new year.
Speaker 4: So excited, so excited for you, that's amazing. I'm also so excited that a show like Jay hudds I feel like daytime television. The women have always been huge, but I'm just like, hell, yeah, we got rid of me and Ellen and now it's.
Speaker 1: Like jage Oh the whole studio that yeah, studio, Ellen studio is humongous.
Speaker 2: And I was like, they give it to Jay Hu.
Speaker 1: So good time was head But then I came back to like seven eight dollars water, so I went to buy some water, you know water. A case of water is usually three ninety nine max five ninety nine. Gl it's like seven ninety nine. I was talking to Aikeisha on my team today and we were talking about it, like signs of the recession. She said she usually get this like big chicken wing fling or some some chicken wings or something.
Speaker 2: She would get you know, frozen or whatever.
Speaker 1: And they used to be twelve ninety nine and she said, now they're twenty six ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Danm.
Speaker 4: There's certain types of meat that are like there's a shortage also lettuce, like certain types of greens right now, there's some kind of it's like shrink flation two. So even if you go to the store and you get the same price, the boxes are smaller. I know, rio cereal is getting smaller, Like I can feel the box. It's like skinny your and skinnier. Yeah, it's it's wild out there. Gas is coming down though, which is I mean, it's here like my sister actually, and if you guys have a like a gas loyalty card for your grocery store. Somehow my sister got eleven and sent per gallon gas at her local grocery store, like not even a big chain, but like a big like a local grocery store in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I feel like if there's ways to cut you know, your your your fuel cost. I feel like it could be worth looking into some kind of loyalty program where you get to save because that is such a huge expense. Thank God, we want electric.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 4: I wish it wasn't in Tesla though. Elon Musk is the worst. I hate it to get something different. Now, was there something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the little worst.
Speaker 4: But here's the headline that had me, like my eyes bugging out like a cartoon. Earlier today, last week, I think it was the day before Thanksgiving, two twenty seven hundred workers from this furniture company got a text message we're alerted via text that their jobs were immediately eliminated immediately, Like you can't come and pick up your stuff. If you have company equipment, you know, it's up to you to bring it back to us. But they were laid off super abruptly, and there's already a lawsuit filed against this company.
Speaker 3: Are you tip you ar to the Warn Act?
Speaker 4: So I'm glad that this story came out because I feel like it's a good reminder we talk about layoffs and like, you know, obviously there's we're going through a tough time in the economy right now, but most workers who get laid off you see it coming. Because companies are actually required to give you notice within sixty days, and if they don't, like this company appears to you know, have not done that, then they are in violation of the Warn Act. And it stands for what does it stand for? Something like something about But it basically it's like alerting employees that there is going to be some sort of like cut to costs or labor. Yeah, employers who have one hundred and more employees have to give sixty day calendar advanced notice of planned closings and mass layoffs of employees. They can get around that if they offer severance. So like for Tesla, like Elon Musk when he went into Twitter and just like slash thousands of jobs that technically on the first you know, part of the more An Act would have violated it. But because they offered several months of severance, that's like how you sort of get around that. But this company wasn't offering sufferance. They just like I don't know what the hell they were thinking. But if you were impacted by this, I mean, I think it's just a reminder that listen as soon as as soon as it benefits a company more to not have you like they will cut you like like nothing, you know, but my heart goes out to everyone who was impacted. That was that was crazy to Oh yeah, it was Mississippi based furniture company called United Furniture. Y'all are on the naughty.
Speaker 1: List, Okay, because how many how many employees did they have all together?
Speaker 4: Did they say that was the entire workforce? Twenty seven like the whole thing, Like twenty seven hundred, many of whom were asleep, received a text message saying they were terminated, effective immediately and no longer allowed to return to work. And they don't even get cobra. Like that's the bullshit here. They don't get cobra. So imagine if like you're someone who's about to have a baby, or if you're going through like a chemo treatment or something, you know, and all of a sudden, like goodbye, your help benefits are gone.
Speaker 1: It's outrageous and also too, I'm like, where if you were going to sue a company that's not going to be here, obviously you can't. You're not letting go of everybody and still being here. So I wonder, like what you know, like what like you know what I mean, Like, what can you do?
Speaker 2: And it's one thing if they're like, oh, I'm letting go.
Speaker 1: Of half the staff and there's a company to sue, but if it's basically the company is closing, then what you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, the good news is that there is a worker named Torria Neil from Lee County, Mississippi. So she worked for UFI for more than eight years and she has been the employee who's filed the class action complaint. So like with the class action complaint, you you file a proposed class action, then they have the court has to say, okay, you have a case, we'll certify the classes. And then once the class is certified, like more people can join you know that lawsuit. So shouts out to her, But there's still an entity, you know, even if they fillow bankruptcy, you can file. That's the thing though, if they fillow bankruptcy. Companies have their ways of getting away, like getting out of this kind of stuff. But I think that they need to be made an example of so that this does not happen, because it's completely outrageous and.
Speaker 1: Not at all honestly. I know, if dishes a lot of people who are scared right now. I mean, judging by the messages and things that I get, It's like, how do I prepare?
Speaker 2: What should I be doing?
Speaker 1: You know, because to your point, you know, although there is an uptick in hiring in certain sectors, there's certainly massive layoffs and others, and then also just things cost more you know, just it's such a crazy time because there's this like weird, weird binary aspect where it's like, oh, this industry is wildly hiring, this industry is wildly cutting off, like oh the you know, interest rates from mortgage are super high, homes are still high price, you know what I mean. It's this weird I told you, I told you you put in an offer on that house that kind of no.
Speaker 4: I mean, yes you did. I just can't remember what you tell me here and what you tell me.
Speaker 1: I knows, right, I mean it was the NAD that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she denied that she was insulted, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: But so but I'm curious because I said, I'm still waiting for the other one to come on the market, because it's coming on soon, the one that's like a true comp and so then we'll see, like what because people are still kind of stuck in but just last year, not even just.
Speaker 2: Eight months ago.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, but like the economy is moving so quickly right now that like what was like literally in three months, it could be something else totally different, you know, And unfortunately the housing market doesn't pivot as quickly as some other entities in other markets. But but yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: Like going down, is that what you said? Is that what you meant?
Speaker 1: They're in some places and but some there are some they're not going as down as quickly as in relation to the the cost to get a mortgage, so like a mortgage, Like there's been a huge uptick in cancelation of mortgage contracts.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm not a huge uptick.
Speaker 1: And so despite that, people are still not bringing their home prices down because they're stuck on But that's not that's not what my neighbor's house went for just seven months ago. And it's like, yes, but your neighbor the interest rate was different then, and so people could afford more. And truthfully, the like you remember when homes it was crazy. You know, a home that would sold for half a million is going for six fifty seven hundred, and it's like that's you know, those people will likely you know, if there's a huge shift, they'll be upside down at least temporarily. So yeah, you know, I think if you stay at home for ten fifteen years, you know, but temporarily so depending on where you live, like in New Jersey, these homes ain't going nowhere. They might did, but you know they have strong make the stallion needs, They'll be back up again. Yeah, it's just such a crazy time. But I will say this. I was talking to my friend Terry Ijama. Remember we had her on the show.
Speaker 4: Yes Trade Wait, stock market Trade, Trade travel.
Speaker 2: Trade.
Speaker 1: Remember remember of the car I could not remember the Chase venture card.
Speaker 2: Get your car to go right, Run, run to get up, run and get a flight.
Speaker 1: So I think it's trade and travel and so she's actually gonna be a good running America soon.
Speaker 2: And so anyways, Yeah, so she'd reached out to me.
Speaker 1: We're just chit chatting, and I asked her, I said, Terry, what are you doing as far as this market? She said, honestly, I'm holding on to cash.
Speaker 2: You know. So that's what Terry does for a living.
Speaker 1: She is she teaches trading, but she's also a professional trader and makes the vast majority of her money trading. I don't know if the vast majority, but you know, but she makes a ton. And she was like, it's really crazy and I'm holding onto cash. And I think that that hunker down kind of mentality is one that we probably should all adopt. Saving hunkering down. If you're fortunate that bills and things are not an issue, you're hunkering down and saving because there'll be things that will be on sale that you'll be able to get asset to you'll be able to purchase. You know, if bills are like, ooh, shop, I couldn't. I couldn't afford to lose my job for more than a couple of months or whatever, then you're hunkering down so you can really stack up savings for your emergency savings. So either way, hunkering down and saving on cash, even though people will tell you, oh, they'll save, saving loses money. But not all money is made to be grown. Some money is meant to protect. Like That's why sometimes I annoys me when people say like, oh, you should put in the market. I'm like, yeah, some of it. But your emergency saving is literally there to protect you. It's like when people get mad about like insurance. I don't believe insurance is there to make money off of. It's a protective tool, you know, Yeah, that's what I believe. You know.
Speaker 4: The only thing that I've invested that y' all be honest, is in my is in Rio's five twenty nine plan. I think I have like an auto and to hit a little brokerage account that we have. We've been auto depositing that. But my cause now I'm with this business that I that I have and trying to figure out I've been really unsure about how much to put in my solo for. I open my solo for one K, but I'm really waiting down to the wire to like get the final like my final P and L my profit and loss for the year, and talk to my accountant and talk to Helen. Someone else told me that they work with Helen today, and I'm like, dang, Helen, where's my referral fee?
Speaker 1: I know, I don't thinks that they could do a pero fies, But you're right, because I'll be setting people to Angelie all the time, more people.
Speaker 4: It's cool, it's cool, it's cool, she's great. No, but I need to set up a meeting with her because I just haven't. I'm so afraid I'm holding onto cash one because I'm just like, well, I'm a business owner now, so I need to be holding onto this. But I just want I feel less confident than I ever have, you know, just kind of giving the money to the market. And I also think I'm running into like that fear mentality of like being my own business now, of just like oh.
Speaker 1: Shit, I tell you want to say the taxes when you're in a business. I just got to a huge, too huge bill and I was like what and it was like, you have not paid taxes in the last year. I'm but that's not true because I didn't realize, like, so what happened last time?
Speaker 2: And I'm praying that that's what this is.
Speaker 1: Is that the tax the irs paperwork had my name in Jarrell's name on it and when I paid taxes now I pay it under just Tiffany, and so what happened last time?
Speaker 2: They said the same thing.
Speaker 1: But because you're not realizing, you're not looking for a joint return anymore. So I'm praying that that's what this is. That they're just like, oh, okay, you know, so it's only been a year since he passed away. Because the bill was like two hundred thousand dollars. I'm like, no, such, you know, But the thing is I pay quarterly and because and it said and I'm pretty sure that's what it was, because I because like it said, I had not paid anything, and which I'm like, Okay, that's just not true because I you know, I pay quarterly. So I'm just like, so just my my accountant on Angie, I was just like, so she's like calling them, of course, everybody's really busy.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna get a bill for her calling them, Like, I just paid my accountant four hundred dollars to fight a twenty thousand dollar workers penalty that I did not owe, but just like the time to call and wait on hold, like he's like, my bill, no penalty, but here's my bill.
Speaker 3: I'm like, is irs.
Speaker 4: Gonna pay these like accounting fees for their mistake?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And they're so late because they'll send me a bill and say, oh, you owe thirty thousand and they're like as psych kids at that. I'm like, but if you don't pay, then the fees go up. And even though it's just what I tell you, it's just a mess. I'm just like, but you know that's this this whats be looking like, there's just so many transitions.
Speaker 3: And it's also why it's afternoon naps.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, But you know, just one foot in front of the other, y'all one in front of the other and listen to us.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't have all the answers, but we have some of them.
Speaker 3: Do us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I will just say for anyone approaching their careers, like I feel like the advice about pulling back, you know, hunkering down as first financially, I don't want people to hunker down career wise to the point where they stay stuck out of fear, because like there's plenty like you can get laid off just as easily from a company you've been at for as for ten years as you can for a company you've been at for ten months. So I'm still always in favor of, like invest heavily in your professional brand so that you can make big career moves. Like the more the more you make moves, the more you earn, the more you're able to bounce back, you know, for money kind of layoff, like what's potentially happening now. And also the importance of thinking about your personal economy. Not like Tiffany, we were saying earlier about how there are upticks and hiring and some sectors are hiring right now, especially like we've heard a lot about tech having layouts, but they're also hiring very specific types of roles, you know in the engineering and stem fields, and educators still are in hind demand because of what's happened from the pandemic and people getting burnt out. So think about your personal professional economy and like, while you're reading the headlines, just google around to see what hiring is like in your industry and follow those trends and try not to let the broader trend and you know, scare you and make you think that it's all like a dumpster fire because it's a mixed bag to be honest, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It is a mixed bag, and become a Monday many Monday what are.
Speaker 2: Words, Mandy money Maker? Yeah you do that, Gummic.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the segue. Thank you for the marketing I do. I'm doing another negotiating masterclass y'all because.
Speaker 3: I can't can't quit.
Speaker 4: I'm doing it December thirteen, so if you want to by the time this episode comes out, we'll have a link up for y'all to register. But I'm loving the master classes. I also put out three new free scripts for y'all to year for your annual reviews. I can't wait till I'm so excited. I just like, over five hundred people downloaded it, and I can't wait. I just want people to get more money. So if you downloaded it, got my free scripts exciting.
Speaker 3: But come to the master.
Speaker 4: Class, because that's where we get the real two hour investment of my time coaching y'all on how to be badass negotia.
Speaker 1: So yeah, especially during I'm not gonnae especially during times like now, you know you think that some something and not every business is doing poorly like many and I were talking offline, how there are a couple of affiliate or companies that have affiliate links.
Speaker 2: With an affiliate link is when a.
Speaker 1: Company says, hey, if someone signs up for our thing, here's a special link link to you, Tiffany will pay you five dollars ten fifty dollars per person that signs up.
Speaker 2: That's an affiliate link.
Speaker 1: And so there are certain companies like that send us emails that were like, yeah, girl pools on that we don't have any money to pay, you know, and then some that never pause, like for example, one of my favorites is it's racketin, right and so, and what I like about Racketin is that for y'all in general, anybody can sign up for the affiliate program, like if you go to like racketin dot com.
Speaker 3: I've never said it out loud.
Speaker 2: I always say to be funny.
Speaker 1: I always saved Recooton's what I thought it was, and I still think.
Speaker 2: Ebates, I know it really, I don't know why ebates is such a great name. Any Yeah, recuting is it?
Speaker 1: But racketan yes, right, so yeah, I think it's pretty sort as racketon. But I always it looks like I just love it. Stop and saying racuting so recruiting. And then what I do like about them is if you go, you could just sign up and then there's like a and then they will issue you a link and then you could share it with like like I've done this before where I've shared it with like my like my Christmas like group chat.
Speaker 2: I'm a kay guy. Before you buy anything, use this link. And I want to say, they pay.
Speaker 1: I don't know, five, ten, fifteen dollars per person, but you might make a hundred bucks just sharing it with your people. And you know, and what I like about racketin is that it's free to sign up and then you what else, how does it work?
Speaker 2: Like you get like coupons.
Speaker 1: I just saved like a hundred because I shopped during cybers no small business Saturday.
Speaker 3: Because something else I should Black Friday shopping.
Speaker 1: I did, not a ton. I bought some boots I bought.
Speaker 2: I bought.
Speaker 1: There's a black skincare brand that I love called the butter Bar. So if you go to like my but dot com, I think is it's like a black woman who who she tragically passed away like a year ago she was ill, but her family still runs it. But their stuff is amazing. They make everything like my hand. It does take a while to get here because they make it.
Speaker 2: While you know when you order. So I bought some stuff there and I think.
Speaker 1: It was one of those where literally I put in oh, I bought some jeans and I saved like because of ebates or whatever rackets in my bad. It don't hurt me that I save like one hundred and twenty five dollars or something crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the cash because it was like everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then you get cash back. So yeah.
Speaker 1: So well, I just say all that to say that there are some companies that are strong, like a racketing has never said, hey Tiffany, this you know we're not paying affiliates. But then credit Carmer Credit sess Me just emailed and said, yeah, girl, disabled that link because we're not paying. So, you know, to Mandy's point, you know, it's never across the board. There's always companies that are strong and sectors that are strong, and then there's companies that are having a hard time. And your job is that you can still negotiate. You just want to make sure that you understand kind of like where your company stands.
Speaker 4: I was shocked to see that this is another indicator that, like, the economy is not as bad as people think. It was record online shopping. The UI spent nine point one billion dollars during Black Friday this year. According to CNBC. That's up two hundred percent from woolsober shopping. Yeah no, that's raze exercise equipment. So I mean, I feel like, yeah, it's a there's definitely people that are struggling, but clearly people are out there spending. My Black Friday strategy has always been the same, which is just by what you already buy, but get it for cheaper. So I waited to get the emails from the brands that I do shop for that I do love, but I had to ignore everything else. I feel pretty good about. Also, I was spending hundreds of dollars on a freaking child's birthday party at the same time, so you know, I really put a date pro on my budget for Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't get anything crazy, like I just said, like, I was like, I wanted these boots that I was like, Ali, I wanted these genes, I said, Ali, And then I always get the skincare I want to say, like every three months or so. And so I was like, to your point, and think about that.
Speaker 2: That is what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, Okay, I didn't spend a time, but I bought nothing for nobody else. I was like me, but but I do have to get to like my secret science because they're pricey, because you know, my sister's an exoschange and I'm like, this year, okay.
Speaker 4: White Elephant, it's fun. We're gonna see how Rio deals with White Elephant. He's not he's not used to like having to share opening of gifts, like he's turning into a gift monster.
Speaker 3: And Solomon Is.
Speaker 2: Said, I'll get to gift monsters at some point.
Speaker 3: I know, let's take a quick.
Speaker 4: Break and break, y'all and be right back with brown boosts Brown Break.
Speaker 1: And now it's time to boost up, break up boost O, break up boost. Okay, god boost, Are you gonna boost? Are you gonna break?
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do? What you gonna take? Oh, I'll do.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna i gotta do a really quick boost. I'm leaning into my faminine. If you guys know me, I'm quite the tomboy, like T shirt, jeans, whatever, sweatpants like.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing now.
Speaker 1: And I told myself I had like a list of things. I was like, I've always wanted to learn how to put on lashes. Guess who's wearing lashes even though my lashes are so stubby. Probably look to the side to side. Okay, see these are natural obviously because I'm not doing too much, please, But girl didn't know how y'all girls do it?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, these are not.
Speaker 1: So I got last extensions like once, and I didn't like the fact that near the end you just have one long lash just stick it out after they fall off, and so I.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, this is not for me.
Speaker 1: So these are like strip lashes, and so I have committed for like a week straight, even if I'm not going anywhere, to just put it on just to practice.
Speaker 2: I watched the YouTube video.
Speaker 1: I went to my local Sally's, and I was just like, you know what, and not so much so I can wear them every day, but there are a couple of times when I'm taping something or whatever, and like, for example today and tomorrow, I have like these. I don't want to call it auto, but these two huge streaming platforms that are interested in me to potentially have a show, and.
Speaker 2: It would be nice.
Speaker 1: I don't want to call Leela my makeup grade, you know, to do like a full beat, you know, but I was like, it'd be nice if, like, you know, a little last because year, first of all, Mandy got lasted for days, which don't even make no damn sense. She's just in here, curls popping, lip stopping, last stopping, and I just over here my little stingy lashes. But yeah, so I mean these are obviously supernatural, because I mean you didn't even notice. But I was really proud of myself. I was like, you did it, even though I'm not gonna lie. It took kuta.
Speaker 4: I'm impressed. I can't even do my own lashes.
Speaker 1: No, it's just yeah, it's honestly, it's I mean, I've learned little tips and tricks, but still like it's really hard. I'm not gonna lie, and it takes me U probably at least twenty minutes. But I'm determined that every day I'm going to put on the last even if I'm not going anywhere, just to get really good at it. So when the moments come where a lash would really elevate a look, but not enough for me to call Leela to do my face, because not good Morning America, Today's show, it's just maybe like a Zoom meeting or something like that.
Speaker 2: I want to look nice for that. I'm ready. So I was proud of myself. I said, look at you leaning into your feminine.
Speaker 4: I love putting on just I don't wear that much makeup, but it makes a difference. Like I have started to like turn my I have to have my camera on for this, but when I do Zoom calls, I turn my camera off. But I still feel But I just feel better when I have a little something on, you know what I mean, Like I think it matters, especially like working at home. It's sort of I'm not gonna lie, I have leggings on and I like an old lady blanket.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it for the top of you know, I like to look you killing it at the time, Yeah, you killed it. But no, here's what I will ask if you have any tips, because I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's been it's been about a week, and I feel like I haven't gotten any better at it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so.
Speaker 3: If they're not falling off, you're not like I don't see.
Speaker 2: Your well, no, because it takes forever.
Speaker 1: And like the glue sticks of my fingers, I'm just like, how do I get to stay and then close those?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: Dope, I always look at it, but I was scared. No, No, these are just regular. So like, is there like a really good natural lash line that you guys suggest? And then two what glue is the best? And then three any tips like ooh, girl, my favorite thing is to close my eye with one. Whatever, just tweet me like, well, if Twitter is still around at the budgeenessa yeah. If not, yeah, that's probably the best place. Just tweet me at the Budgeonisa, because I would love some how do you do your own lashes tips? And then like I said, Once I get really good at it, then I can like ease up. But I'm not gonna lie every morning. I'd be like, why did you promise yourself you're gonna I'm like, do it, Tiffany, I don't even can do it because you have to practice.
Speaker 2: So I'm obtestly.
Speaker 4: Enjoying it, though resolution whenever you damn well please yes.
Speaker 2: I mean, what about you? You boost in a breathing.
Speaker 4: I want to do a boost. You mentioned small business Saturday, and it reminded me of another reason for me to do this boost so unfortun I mean, there's been how many mass shootings. I mean it's been and I don't it's awful, but one in particular is well, there was one of the Walmart, there was one in Virginia. But the one that I'm talking about now is the one that happened at the the club Club Q in Colorado Springs, which was an LGBTQ club, and I think five people died. But the hero of the story is this man named Richard M.
Speaker 3: Fierro. He's like an army veteran.
Speaker 4: And when I love it, first of all, if you don't love this guy already for saving lives he was at a gay club with his wife, his daughter and friends on a Saturday, an army veteran. I just feel like that's so like, that's the modern man, you know, like I can be a US veteran and show up and support my LGBTQ, plus you know, neighbors and friends. Anyway, they he and his wife own a small business. They own a brewery. And after the story came out about how he rescued, he took down the shooter, you know, rightfully beat his ass. And after that New York Times did a story about him. A linked to his brewery, and people are flooding his business with orders for like merchandise. I think they sell T shirts. It's called Atravida Beer company atri Vida, and it looks really amazing. So I just thought I would shout them out if y'all still want to support an American hero. But I thought that was awesome that people found something to do in the aftermath. That's such a tragedy, and of course my heart goes out to all the victims of this nonsense. And I don't know when it will end, but thank God for Richard and for him being brave enough to intervene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, because so many more lives likely would have been lost if not for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you never know what you're gonna do in that. And it's not even like if you run whatever, like that's nothing. There's nothing wrong with running. You're saving your life. But for someone to run toward that, I don't even know. That's a different kind of person.
Speaker 2: A different kind of person.
Speaker 4: Indeed, So protect him at all costs, that's all I'm saying. All right, I will put a link to the show notes if you want to support Richard and his wife's brewery business and just show your thanks.
Speaker 3: Put some good.
Speaker 4: Into the world during these crazy times.
Speaker 3: That's all we try to do.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all until next time.
Speaker 1: We'll really until Friday because we have ba QA coming up on Friday.
Speaker 3: Are excited. Oh that's right.
Speaker 4: You had did a b a qa with one of my Mandy money makers.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know so many money maker too, Marcia, she's also a mentee.
Speaker 1: Look at us collinating.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I was like, I'll say.
Speaker 4: Crocket'll all the way together. We should create a bundle the.
Speaker 2: Honestly we should.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm down, yes, Marcia, and I haven't listened to her episode yet, but she was so excited. She said that you were so great and yeah, it made me happy.
Speaker 2: Awesome sauce.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all until Friday for the b a.
Speaker 2: Q A bye, all right bye.
Speaker 3: Hey ba fam.
Speaker 4: We could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Ambission Podcast is produced by Cumulus Podcast Network. It's edited by the wonderful Emani Crosby and produced by Tanya Bustos. Dennis Deplinsky is our in house techdru and I am Bandy Woodard Santos, your co host, and I will see y'all next week.