Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becka Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast. Hello everybody, we are scrubbing it. It's June first.
Speaker 2: It is June first, which means summer's officially here.
Speaker 1: And Pride Month, Happy Pride Month. Wait, we never talked about this, but Haley and I laughed about it, and someone brought it up in the Scrubbing End group. But when we did our interview with Haley and you were asking about the release date being in June, oh yeah, but you were like, it's just such a summer movie, and we all thought you were going to lead to and it's Pride, Like did you mean to do it during Pride Month? And you never got like like.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not on me, that's on you and Haley to be like, yeah, that's that was a Pride Month. Well we don't you go on me.
Speaker 1: We thought our ally, our proud ally was going to lead to that, and it just got to summer and we were like well yeah, but then you couldn't step in and.
Speaker 2: Said yes, actually it's being released on pri in Pride Month for a reason, So I'm not taking the sword on.
Speaker 1: That well, it could be two things.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: No, those things. But it was funny because everyone was like, no one mentioned this.
Speaker 2: Haley said, no, it was just a coincidence that it ended up in June. So it was actually on Haley too, because she could have also said, no, we planned it to be on Pride Month.
Speaker 1: She didn't, though, she was it.
Speaker 2: Was I know, I know, I know, but you were.
Speaker 1: Saying, oh, it's in June, Like, what a coincidence, and it's you were you were like, because it's so summer, it's such a summer movie.
Speaker 3: I love them. He's like, it's such a summer movie, and Haley's like, it takes place during the summer.
Speaker 2: But an appropriate time for Haley to mention that it came out in June.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the conversation had started rolling, so it was like, we don't need it's neither here nor there, but it is exciting that it is during the summer and during Pride Month.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised I didn't plan that well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure there was when they were coming up with the release day, I'm sure they're like, hey, if June were that would be ideal. Yeah, but Haley doesn't have control over when it's released.
Speaker 2: Well, right, of course, but maybe somebody yeah, yeah, in the.
Speaker 1: I'm sure somebody are looking out in the focus feature universe for opportunities, right, But how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing?
Speaker 4: By the way, speaking of summer this year't I haven't heard anybody else point this out. We had Memorial Day on May twenty fifth, that's the earliest possible Memorial Day. Labor Day is September seventh, that is the latest possible Labor day. So it's like the longest summer we can actually have.
Speaker 2: Wow, I saw TikTok about that you did.
Speaker 4: No, I thought I was breaking news here, but this will not happen again until twenty thirty seven. So enjoying.
Speaker 1: Wow. Thank you for the update. And it being in LA, it has already felt like the longest summer. Like in my mind, there are times where I go, are we going to ever feel some cool weather again? No?
Speaker 2: But you know people people around the world flock to LA because of the weather.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a dream here. Yeah, yeah, it's the dream. There's when people complain about California and how expensive it is, I'm like, we're happy to pay the sunshine.
Speaker 2: Tax I am happy ish.
Speaker 1: Where else would I go?
Speaker 2: That's true. This quality of life, that's true. That's why I have.
Speaker 4: Whatever is on my TikTok, that's my algorithm right now. Is people talking about how much they love southern California. Yeah, and I agree with them wholeheartedly. It's the greatest.
Speaker 1: That's the energy we need. People bash it and have all these opinions. They don't even live here.
Speaker 4: It's glorious.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know, I also saw something on TikTok that people are flocking back to La I see that people flocked away after the pande and now they're flocking back.
Speaker 1: You know, the birds always return. They try to find try to fly the coop. They try to find joy in a bigger house somewhere else. It's not about more land. It's not about more land.
Speaker 2: Nope, compact land.
Speaker 1: That's about being neighborly, really close to your neighbors.
Speaker 2: We were looking at houses yesterday and I you didn't even give me an update.
Speaker 1: It is good.
Speaker 2: But we went to this like one neighborhood and literally all the homes were like touching each other, like every single one shared a wall. And I was like, this is this is the compactness we love and the community we read in southern California. You know, just like get to know your neighbors, share a wall, share some soups, share some sugar.
Speaker 1: Hear each other doing things.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, dogs, a barkin', birds, a chirpin', all the sounds.
Speaker 1: What did you do over this weekend?
Speaker 2: What did I do this weekend? We had a big Shabbat on Friday night. We Oh my gosh, I feel like we just did like a lot. We had a lot of celebrating. We had Robbie's grandmother's birthday. We looked at houses, you know, just like grown up stuff.
Speaker 1: It is very adult. Yeah, a lot of adult things happening over there, too.
Speaker 2: Many adults things. I'm like, I feel like a teenager, Like, how am I looking into homes? Am I?
Speaker 3: I'm a child bride. I shouldn't have to do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like am I? Everyone? I'm like, yeah, it's time to have a baby because the biological clock says so. But like, I still feel like I'm too young.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we're We're essentially just young kids finding their way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, what'd you guys do?
Speaker 1: We did? I feel like a lot. Hailey had a dinner from gold House honored her with a dinner at this Japanese restaurant, so we went and celebrated, and it was so cool because it was everyone from the AAPI community, so I was like the only white girl there, which was I felt like an honorary. I was honored to be invited. And although we did take a picture and Haley's like, Babe, you do look a little Asian, So I'm like, maybe somewhere in my in my ancestral DNA, I have a little bit of a bab But it was so fun because everyone was so supportive and she's met a lot of the people, but they are also kind of acquaintances and a lot of people she hadn't met, and they were just so celebratory of like what she's doing and about the movie. And I think, you know, she talked about this on the podcast, but like her obviously sexuality was a big part of her navigating that growing up, but there was also the part of her where she's half white and half Japanese and accepting and like leaning into her Japanese culture. And I feel like she's really found her community in the API community. So I'm getting ready for the dinner and I was having I haven't had one of these nights in a long time where clothes are everywhere, nothing fits. I'm like, knowing sister Hailey had to go early to do content, so I was left on my own, which is bad because I have no no one pressuring me, no accountability, and obviously I didn't want to be late because it was we were honoring her. And I'm like, nothing fits, nothing fits, I don't like anything. Everything's ugly. I'm getting rid of my whole closet. And then I found my leather pants for my Macy's collab, which was what year twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: That is crazy, Tilly Bar three.
Speaker 3: I have a pieces in our wardrobe as well.
Speaker 1: So every time I do a closet clean out, I try on my leather pants and I'm like, these are actually so cute. I did I did a we really did something with these pants, and I'm going to keep them. I never get rid of them. And so I was like, I'm gonna wear my Beckatilly Bar three pants tonight and they look fine. I'm leaving the house. They look totally normal. Okay, there's nothing a ride with them. We go to the party, we were mingling doing drink cocktail hours, so we're taking pictures. I'm standing up right. Everyone else is talking about how hot they are in this building. I'm cool as a cucumber, actually have a chill. I'm never sweating or anything. Because this is a lot of people's questions like did you get too hot? We sit down and we're in like a booth situation, so it's kind of packed in, but still I'm totally fine.
Speaker 2: Booth though, leather on leather, it was like a velvet booth.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and it was the inners of my legs. So I get up quite a while into the dinner because I was in the corner of the booth, so either way, I had to make people get up. So I was very trapped. So I get up. I go to the bathroom and I'm butting buttoning my pants, looking in the mirror and down the center of my thighs, on my inner thighs of the pants, it looks like someone took a shredder to them, like a greater and the leather or I mean, it's a vegan vegan leather, which we in our day called pleather.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying though, that has a shelf life.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, yes, and I didn't know.
Speaker 2: That shelf pleather for seven years and expect it not to even I a fashion he's the connoisseur. I myself know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I did not. So I'm looking at my pants and they're shredded, and you it's not like, oh, you can't notice it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not like no, no, no.
Speaker 1: You know of leggings and if your thighs rubbed together, it kind of has that little picked fabric low.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that.
Speaker 2: It was, Yeah, looks like it looks like a tiger slashed across your Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you not notice this when you put them on?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: No? They were fun?
Speaker 3: When that's crazy?
Speaker 1: That yeah, I have a mere selfie. We took pictures at the event before I sat down.
Speaker 3: It looks like that, and then when you showed the after, I was like, it just lookedtly shredded. It looked like you like wrote a rocket or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's crazy riding a rocket. I think they probably between like the dust accumulation and like the it like probably homogenized and just like, I'm sorry homogenized. Don't throw that out.
Speaker 1: Can someone fact check the homogenized?
Speaker 2: But it probably did from collecting dust inside your closet, and then it probably homogenized on your legs with like the heat rubbing against your legs and stuff and the action.
Speaker 1: I was thinking because I kept crossing and then uncrossing, So maybe the friction.
Speaker 2: Yes, friction and homogenosed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm standing there like what do I I can't do anything, and thank god there's a lining under the plethor because you couldn't see my leg or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank God for who what? What?
Speaker 3: I don't follow?
Speaker 1: Thank God for who is that what you're saying, Thank God for Macy's so I don't know me, and God for everyone at the table.
Speaker 2: I was trying to make a joke like you could have given a like a little peep show if you didn't.
Speaker 1: Have my inner thigh at the show. I'm trying to get really, but thanks thank God for who, Thank God for who. Yeah. So I opened the door and one of the girls was standing there and I'm like, look at my pants, and she's like what happened? So then I just start trying to rip them, trying like tear them all look like shredded or to make it look kind of smooth, you know, because it looked like a graterer. So I was trying to like make it look smooth, and it just got worse. It was just peeling off in like sheet. So I was like, whatever, give up, just had to go out. But I literally felt like Ross Geller in the bathroom, like where's my solution? And there was none. So I said goodbye to those. They had a good run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finally put them.
Speaker 1: To bed where they needed to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mind went like.
Speaker 1: Five years ago, what twenty nineteen? Oh no, seven years?
Speaker 2: Seven years, So I think I had them for two years.
Speaker 3: Three to five years is what the Internet says is the shelf life for that kind of But.
Speaker 1: So many people message me and they're like, this literally happened with my jacket. I was at a hockey game and it just was like shreading off it.
Speaker 2: Does I know that fast fashion gets yet because you think like, oh, yeah, this isn't like real leather, it's pletho, so let me get it. But then it just ends up like shredding on you in like two years, and you're like, I wish I would have.
Speaker 1: Just I wish you'd do that prank on Robbie where people get them the disintegrating short the swim shorts and they go in the water they just disintegrate.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do that last summer, but he's just too up on the trends.
Speaker 1: He saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta be like quick with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, so he already saw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a conversation about his Japanese knives.
Speaker 2: You did just.
Speaker 1: How he got it.
Speaker 2: So in the cooking game, it's like.
Speaker 1: What he is cooking you is incredible.
Speaker 2: I know someone messaged me and they're like, do you feel guilty as the woman like not cooking? So I was like, when I tell you, I feel like negative ten percent guilt. I feel like negative ten percent guilt.
Speaker 1: Why does it matter who's cooking and he loves it. It's not like you're like putting it, like, get in the kitchen, get.
Speaker 2: In there, sir, I'm gonna toss you over the Oh yeah, but I do clean. He cooks and eye clean, so that's like the trade off clean. So I am. I'm busting it in the in the sink with my glove.
Speaker 1: The elbow grease, I'm really.
Speaker 2: Ripping it in there after but yeah, I mean he and I want to get him like he's just so when he gets into something, he gets like so into it, And I'm like, I want to get him thing for Father's Day that's like cute in the kitchen. But I'm like, how am I going to compete with all of these Japanese knives?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard when he's getting handmade knives that were only made once a month for It's hard to know what to get someone. Yeah, but I do want to talk about a gift you did get him, but first ran take a break.
Speaker 2: We're back. I'm all tired today, can you tell?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Not because of how you look, but you're the vibes.
Speaker 2: Okay, even better looking? Good looking, good looking fresh?
Speaker 1: You really? You really pop with gold jewelry.
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yeah, silver looks weird on me. It's tough for me to wear silver.
Speaker 1: Same for me, but when I do wear silver, I like it, but I always go towards gold. Yeah, but gold really looks nice on you.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: So you got your one year anniversary gift. Your one year wedding anniversary gift came in the mail a couple months late, but who's counting me?
Speaker 2: I'm counting.
Speaker 1: To care, to explain, here to share.
Speaker 2: So this is just like a PSA because I just didn't do enough my diligent research, and I thought so cute for our one year anniversary, I wanted to get him, like I want to just get him an item, you know, like a cool jacket or like a new like you know, work bag, whatever. I wanted to get something meaningful.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's paper, right, wasn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your one year's papers. I was like, I'm going to commission a painting.
Speaker 5: When I commissioned, it was not what February. So I was like on top of it, like our anniversary's middle of March, and I'm like, okay, it is February. So I was ahead of the game and I was like reaching out to people and this girl told me, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll get it done.
Speaker 2: If not March, definitely by April. I got it like June one. Okay, whatever, that's besides the point. But I'm such a dingling. I thought I was commissioning like a hand painted piece of art and it was not. It was like, it's not it's not hand painted, Tanya, No, yes.
Speaker 1: What is it? It's like screen printed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know the exact term. But I don't know the exact term. But it's not hand painted.
Speaker 3: It's like printed, Yeah, like an epsom inkjet printer. It just printed it out.
Speaker 2: I can't confirm because I don't know, but yeah, it's like printed. It's like a print.
Speaker 1: Wait, but do you think she like drew it and then scanned it in and then.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure to be honest, so when you.
Speaker 1: Were asking, you weren't like, hey, just confirming this as a hand painted Nope.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think. Okay, I didn't even think.
Speaker 1: And the concept was that it was just meaningful parts of your wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like meaningful parts of the wedding process. And the bits and pieces are really sweet and like meaningful, and I like when he opened it, he did love it, like it was sentimental and you know, there there are a lot of meaningful nods in it. But when I told him how much I paid for it, and he was like, girl, no, we do these things together.
Speaker 1: Because he's a legit artist. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, it was my bad learning experience for sure. But if anybody knows where to frame things around here, I really want to frame it.
Speaker 1: I showed Halen and she goes, well, they did it come framed? And I go no, it came like this and she goes, no, no, not even framed.
Speaker 2: No you I could have gotten it framed, but the ship ship chip it framed from New York. I was like, no, let me do the work over here in l A. Just send it on.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it looks it's really pretty, and I do feel like it's got a memory attached, Like if there's a cute memory attached to it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so there's that. We have plans for it. It's going to be it's special. It's special. Yeah yeah, but yeah. And now he's like, we're trying to like do housing stuff and I'm like, I can't even commission a proper painting, Like, do you want to trust it with the house?
Speaker 1: Honestly, Morgan, financial negotiation might need to be between Robbie literally.
Speaker 2: Ever literally, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Wait, so when he opened it, my idea is to have Robbie recreated, hand painted and see if he could do it to give to you.
Speaker 2: Oh, actually I still haven't gotten my anniversary gift from him either.
Speaker 1: Wow, something you should bring up. It might be the knife actually what he's using to cook your meal?
Speaker 2: Definitely not.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I know you didn't watch Summerhouse, well Summerhouse reunion, because we've never watched Summerhouse, right, correct, But.
Speaker 2: But I've seen the whole reunion on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Oh you have?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, So clips were viral. So what was that viral?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So Taylor Banks came over. She made a full power point for me and gave me a quick rundown on everyone. So I knew the kind of the loure going into the players. Yeah, knew a little bit about them. And my one thing about my biggest takeaway was that I couldn't figure out why West and Amanda didn't come in just being like, man, we had just handled this so poorly, and we want to use like this moment to look you both in the eye and say your name and a pologize to you, and obviously we're together, we want to be together, but we did it in the worst way possible. And you don't owe us anything. You don't owe us for giveness or grace, but we want to do that.
Speaker 2: They didn't do that. Just Wes looked.
Speaker 1: At the ground. I felt like the whole time he was talking like he would barely look anyone in the eye, which is one of my big X is not being able to look someone in the eye when you're trying to take a Well, I won't even say he took accountability, but if you're even attempting to take accountability, it's a red flag if they can't look you in the eye. And then Amanda, and again, I know these things are edited, so I take everything with a grain of salt. But if every time they showed her she was like rolling her eyes or doing a heavy sigh when someone was talking about.
Speaker 6: The situation, and I just thought, what a weird way to move, even if you're just doing it from the like how you're perceived from the fans.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe they feel like they didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 1: That's crazy though, even if they but that's.
Speaker 2: What happens with narcissists. They like legitimately, like they legitimately can't take accountability because they only see their side of the situation, do you know what I mean? So like in their mind, like they she was divorced, they weren't together, they didn't do anything wrong, and like they've convinced themselves of that.
Speaker 1: But West was had enough aware because they were saying, you move so differently like when you're on TV and on the show than how you move in real life, Like you're so charming and you're so like wonderful and presented this amazing human and then the way you were like sneak around and don't take accountability for things is so different. And then I got to thinking about how these women and I don't know these people at all. I don't know their care I don't know anything about them beyond.
Speaker 2: That they're like people were saying that they were like on Beta Blockers.
Speaker 1: She had to abyss, she had to amit. Okay, that makes me you saw you saw people say that yea, yeah, because we were thinking that. But my thing is that I'm watching these two and like beautiful women right, and I don't know anything about them. Sierra seems like so accomplished, amazing, beautiful, Amanda seems beautiful, so like cool girl, and then they're fighting and their friendship fell out for this man who is like.
Speaker 2: Why mid at best.
Speaker 1: But like why and I didn't Taylor said, when you see him on the show, it is different to go I don't know if you could ever go back and see him now that you've seen this version of him. But she goes like he does have something about him. But she said, b d E.
Speaker 2: I know you think like, oh, they have everything at their fingertips, like they're gorgeous, they're this, they're that. It's like, again, I don't know them. I've never seen the show, so I don't I'm not speaking.
Speaker 1: For them from what you know. I mean, yeah, like from.
Speaker 2: My like from my own experience, I feel the same way. Like I was like, I'm a catch, I've got the world that my fingertips, but you you want it so badly that you just like try to make it happen with Okay, he's got a job.
Speaker 1: Why I go after your friend's ex, Well, that I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, because like I never really had that situation, because I feel like you try to encourage me to date Robert was quite yeah, yeah, which was quite the opposite of this problem at hand. I know, And I didn't want to date him because he was your ex.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're quite the opposite of amandaon Sierra.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I know. Anyways, it just it had me in a weird headspace and I was like fired up, and then I got. I was like, why wouldn't they come onto the show just being with some humility and like, right, hey, even if it's maybe it's not even genuine, and just from the how they're being perceived by fans of like trying to be like, hey, we want to be together. We were, we did it in the worst way, but it is what it is and we're so sorry.
Speaker 2: I saw the clips where they were like, they didn't consummate their relationship GRIP until after they put up a statement that they were like, so they were like, what, you guys just made out a couple of times, put out a joint statement and then we're like, yeah, let's let's make it official.
Speaker 1: Consummate. Well, I think that was the word I want to say that that they use or someone was using. Someone used that word they said that, and I thought this was really like a like a legal cel, like we're going to consummate after we release our statement together. So anyways, that's my take on I will be watching part two and part three, which I don't know what part three yeah, and I know my I don't know if they're focused on them still or if they move if they move on past that situation. I don't think I care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good bye, good night. But Love Island, Oh my gosh, the embarrassment of riches that is Love Island, because guess what Love Island is back tomorrow night. It is every single day of the week, this week and next week. It is every single day except for hump Day until July.
Speaker 1: Wait, every day this week even Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow, And they really want to get you in.
Speaker 3: And then going forward they have it on weekends. To just know Wednesdays. Why Wednesday no hump Day?
Speaker 2: Hump days for humping you know.
Speaker 3: Makes total sense. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Saturday is or Friday? What day is the after show?
Speaker 2: Saturdays?
Speaker 1: Yeah, after Sun, which is like a reunion time.
Speaker 2: Nobody really watches Saturday.
Speaker 3: Ok, Okay, So I know that the amount of footage and content that we get is a topic often with the Love Island, But like, have you ever figured out the like are you watching the previous day? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 2: So I from what I've my per my research, I don't know for so don't quote me. I think it's at most a two day delay from like what's happening in the actual villain Fiji and what we're seeing but it's like pretty real time about those editors.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just that situation before it sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's like when stuff starts like hitting like and and that's why, like the people that they bring in they want to see like who the audience likes and who they want to see. Like let's say there's a guy that they love and he's just like not hitting it off with anybody. They want to bring in a bombshell that wants to date that guy, do you know what I mean, so that they get more screen time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like playing sims.
Speaker 1: I kind of wish they'd take the audience vote out of it.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, no way, because.
Speaker 1: It's hot take. Because here's what's happened, especially last season. I saw some discourse on this, which is that people try to drudge up things that people have posted from like twenty ten and get them canceled and removed and listen, these are things that people should have take accountability for, but like removing them from the show based on something that you don't agree with and then everyone ganging up on it. To me, feels like the whole point of the show is to kind of watch people couple up right. Yeah, so already they're they're like trying to get people removed from the house based on things that they've said in the past or posted in the past, correct, and it just kind of takes It's just like this mob mentality where it's like you remove everything that I don't agree, you know, and it just kind of gets a little bit. I wish they could just let them, let the sims be and then vote at the very end, oh.
Speaker 2: For the winner. Yeah, so I politely disagree.
Speaker 1: As a stand why.
Speaker 2: Mob member who votes religiously for this show?
Speaker 1: But how are you voting? I guess how would like you're not voting based on my preference? Yeah, but you're not looking up these contestants and seeing like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm going based on like what I see on the show, and I love that.
Speaker 1: But not the people that are really passionate about it don't do that. So I think that's the argument, is is it taking the fun out of the audience being involved?
Speaker 2: To be honest, I don't even know if they're using our votes like these producers. I don't mind. I don't mind.
Speaker 1: You just like feeling involved.
Speaker 2: I want to feel involved. I want to feel like it matters. But if they're like doing some stuff to our votes to create whatever they're doing, and they're doing an excellent job.
Speaker 4: I just feel's right, then they don't need any voting.
Speaker 1: I like, I like yeah, But that's why I think it's like who do you want to keep a w rep? What if it's who? Like what if they get pride, they get some snacks sent to them, like cookies from the audience that they're voted for the most or something instead of just removed.
Speaker 2: But like that's what's also so interesting. So like the public votes on who they who they like the most, and then they tell the islanders, and then you see who flips to like start liking the person that that the audience likes the most. You know, I mean you're like, okay, you're fake, you're fake. You're fake.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like the audience chose right last year? No?
Speaker 2: Like obviously so that the audience loved Amaya Papaya mm hmm. And then you could see after she was voted the most liked, all the guys started like coming back to her like oh a, Maya am Iya, and she ended up winning the season.
Speaker 1: But that's so fake.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying it's like fun though I know.
Speaker 1: But a Maya, are you agreeing with my what I think?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. It gives them, uh the man, especially them trying like no one gave Amaya at the time of day. It was sad last season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they found out that she was like the people's princess more sad. They blocked to her.
Speaker 1: So it is fake.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I wish Amya could see through it, like I wish you would have been like I'm gonna win on my own, like bye bye bye bye. Yeah, But I don't think you could actually even do that.
Speaker 1: I thought you got to choose if you want to split the money or not.
Speaker 2: They used to do that. I don't know if they do it anymore, or maybe they stopped in the UK. I'm not sure. I don't know too many of them.
Speaker 1: Is like with a TV in real especially reality TV, they're always going to cast people that have city views like and views that people don't agree with, and like there's always going to be something that you can drudge up, and it's just like either stop watching the show or just let people like come come back after the show and address these things, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: So I just I would like a little less involvement personally, and I think you agree after after getting full circle of your your remarks.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what Love Island UK premieres? This was it Mark Thursday this week this week, So now I have USA and UK in tandem airing.
Speaker 3: You're gonna watch both?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how do you?
Speaker 1: How do you manage such a schedule.
Speaker 2: So correct, it's tough to manage. But I think you're behind on UK right, yes, yes, yes, yes, we're like significantly behind in the UK. But I make it work, you know. And the and what happened last summer is UK kind of sucked last summer, so I just stopped watching UK and went full US.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, which is normally the opposite.
Speaker 2: It's normally the opposite.
Speaker 1: So it'll be a kind of.
Speaker 2: A we'll see if the UK is going to step it up this season, a.
Speaker 1: Live Love Islands stand off for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well did you have any just based on the photos, any fan favorites based on visuals?
Speaker 2: Well? Charge, uh, did you did you watch last season at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you remember Charlie, his brother is on this season.
Speaker 1: Are people excited?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so excited about that. Yes, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Charlie being like super below.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. He was gone too soon.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He was a flash of the pan.
Speaker 1: But but it was if audiences didn't have to.
Speaker 2: They made a mistake and they should not have another reason.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Can you do a little quick. I don't know if Charlie got to home by the audience or by the Islanders.
Speaker 1: Hannah didn'tchoose him, right, Hannah chose Pepe.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, Mark, I'm on it right now.
Speaker 4: Charlie Giorgio left Love Island season seven after a public vote play with his partner Hannah with a new bombshell Pepe, leaving him signal single. Yeah. The remaining Islanders then voted to send Charlie home, ending his journey just hours after he and Hannah decided to commit to each other.
Speaker 2: So the Islanders ultimately sent Charlie home. Yes, that's what it was. He was in the bottom three from America and then he was sent home by the Islanders. Right, petty little Islanders, And.
Speaker 1: These are all like new adults.
Speaker 3: Fresh adults like fresh people, right, Like, there's not going to be like, you know, like Hannah Brown is like going to show up on the No, they.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, Okay, GI mean like crossover reality Yeah yeah yeah, like perfect Match, Yes no, not like that.
Speaker 1: These are fresh.
Speaker 2: These are fresh sins, no poverty and unfortunately which they do though is.
Speaker 1: A reality road Rules merge.
Speaker 2: Oh I loved road Rules the challenge so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well stay tuned for our takes on Love Island. I'm just doing us a. Yeah, that's enough for Taylor. Swift has a new song coming out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breaks, well, we are all about breaking, and Ariana Grande has new music. We talk about it. We come back, of.
Speaker 1: Course, we're back. You're Taylor. Okay. So this is this is a scenario where the Swifties had a theory based off an Easter egg and it came true.
Speaker 2: This Easter egg felt very pointed. Easter egg?
Speaker 1: Which one are you talking about?
Speaker 2: The countdown? Was the cloud countdown?
Speaker 1: I was thinking because she was in an outfit that was like uh, color toy story colors or something. It was like a blue and white.
Speaker 2: Dress or give me the receipts.
Speaker 1: That's where I saw the rumor start.
Speaker 3: She looks like bo peep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's like bo peep. So that's where the uh that the Toy Story thing started.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like the countdown on the on her website. I was like, it felt a little bit more than an Easter egg. It felt like she was laying it on us.
Speaker 1: No, well, yeah, once the clouds came into the picture, it felt very direct. But the dress itself is what started the conversation. So she's gonna have a new song and Toy Story five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew you knew I knew it. I knew you, I knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew you do.
Speaker 1: We think it's gonna be sad.
Speaker 4: So she saw the movie, loved the movie, and then came home and wrote that song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some things are just easy like that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you just know, she says.
Speaker 3: When those clouds appeared, I texted my sister, who is an animator on Toy Story five, and I said, do you know anything about Taylor Swift making a song? And she said, I don't know anything. Really, Yeah, they don't know, like they don't know anything about that. So that was put in like after or they kept it was like a very small team.
Speaker 4: That was like, we know the characters are lip syncing along to it.
Speaker 3: They're not, and Taylor Swift is not a toy in the world.
Speaker 4: That's a shame. That would have been good.
Speaker 1: They did say they were going to be Travis and Taylor were gonna get married and front all the dolls as toys, and yeah, the things went in a Delford spiral quick with the Swifties. You know, it's seven, you know, twenty six. What do you know about that?
Speaker 2: And that when you think her next new albums eight seven, eight seven, not to six August seventh, I know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Two six is the year, yes, yeah, which is thirteen times too.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about this is a song, but I think she's trying to get an oscar.
Speaker 1: I think she's trying to get an oscar so she can be on her way.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense because I'm like.
Speaker 1: Well, she had she had a song in Hunger Games. She had a song, and she's had a song in quite a few movies.
Speaker 2: I feel like, how many more?
Speaker 1: Maybe two? Maybe had two? That's a big deal. I mean for her to have songs in a movie, you know, oh my god. One of her best which one crazier. Yeah, she's in the movie too, Yeah, singing it.
Speaker 2: Ariana Grande also released a music Do we think?
Speaker 1: What do we think the sound of Taylor song is gonna be? Do you think it's gonna be other sound?
Speaker 4: The country? Somebody says country here.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna sound very toy Story.
Speaker 4: By Taylor and Jack anton Off. That's a good sign.
Speaker 1: So that's country sounds.
Speaker 2: Country could be willowy mm.
Speaker 1: Oh willowy Okay, all right, moving on.
Speaker 2: We'll find out when's it come out June.
Speaker 1: I will say Toy Story really does a great job, because every movie they've done is great, a great. You know, it's hard to keep a franchise.
Speaker 2: Going like they have, and and bigger than ever. I feel like every movie just gets bigger and bigger. Yeah, yeah, and to the point.
Speaker 4: Where we're pretty sure three was the last one, and then we're pretty sure four was the last one, and it's five and everyone's so excited.
Speaker 2: You know what that's gonna happen to Sonic, that's right. Keep they just keep the big ones coming. They're just gonna keep the big ones coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta keep those franchises coming for the fans.
Speaker 2: You know, coming in hot?
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think of Ariana's new song?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: I love Ariana Grande, but this song Okay, I know I love this song. Okay, but I was pissing myself because I feel like there's there's two types of girls in this world, right There's the Ariana Grande's and then there's the Tanyas, And I feel like you might be one of the Ariana's. What I hate that I made you love me and I barely tried, never have I could never sing that. I tried the hardest, I tried the most.
Speaker 1: No one can say you didn't try.
Speaker 2: No one can say I didn't try. You told me you like cookies. I'm sending you cookies from the best cookie store in La County.
Speaker 1: That's one of my favorite stories.
Speaker 2: You tell me that you like it, you run cold. I'm sending you the best Lola blanket on the market. You bet your ass. I tried, and I tried, and I kept on try, and so I read that lyric and I was like, could never be me, and that's.
Speaker 1: Why we love you.
Speaker 2: Could never be me?
Speaker 4: Not a relatable song for you to sing as you're driving around.
Speaker 2: No, I'm singing out. I hate that I made you love me because I bear Lee tried.
Speaker 1: Do you love the song? Yes, like like one of your favorites she's ever released.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, You've said that about every song that gets released. I'm starting to question it's not true ever, not like a song that's you said you've got chills from a lyric and me by dealers.
Speaker 3: What lyric gave you chills?
Speaker 1: Me? She said you got.
Speaker 2: Goose bump and shimmers. Okay, chill like a cringe, like a crin like shivers like a crine.
Speaker 4: Hey, kids, spelling is fun.
Speaker 2: That's awesome without me.
Speaker 1: But have you ever heard that song? Slowed Down? Are pretty deep? I know, not just it's just the tune of yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyways, I thought maybe you could relate to the r on Ariana Grande song.
Speaker 1: I haven't thought that deeply into it, but I mean, yeah, I guess I don't really have. I've never felt like a hate that it made you love me.
Speaker 2: That's a very like I remember back in the day you had some flocking towards you. You had many flocks, and I was like, can I get a wing? Toss me a wing? The birds are flocking circling Becca.
Speaker 1: I don't have the memories of being circled or flocked to. So that's interesting that that's your memory. I think I just wasn't I think you have a vision of me not being interested.
Speaker 7: Yes, so that's your memory barely tribe. Yeah, no, I was a little I was hoping for more from her first. You know, I was looking for Twilight. So I'm the underrated bop that didn't get enough love.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for no tears left to cry personally. But yeah, yeah, yeah, this sounds good. But compared to her past, it's not a bang release. It's not a banger. It's a vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a vibe you can go in a playlist and go with like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could smoke a dooby and vibe out, because.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's.
Speaker 1: Smoke a dooby and vibe out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow we should do that sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I do all the time.
Speaker 1: What do you think about Dua and Callum getting married? Oh? She has big feelings?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I actually don't. Oh, okay, we have enough time. I don't want to forget about the Gwyneth Paltrow thing because it was my absolute favorite thing on the Internet of the week. But I'm happy for doing callum.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about you? Yeah, I don't know that I I Dua Lipa is one of those people where I think she has from the optics of her life, she has the best life of all time, Like she's a mega celebrity, but it doesn't feel like she's hounded in her celebrity lifestyle. Like you see pictures of her at.
Speaker 2: A local she's pretty hounded.
Speaker 1: She makes it feel like she's not. She makes it feel like she's.
Speaker 8: A godlessly hounded, perfectly level of famous, and she goes and performs, and then she's traveling on yachts and just with her now husband and her friends and then taking beautiful photos and it's just kind of like she's found the the balance of it all.
Speaker 2: Somebody was saying that, like she mark, do you mind looking up the lyrics at Training Season by Dualiba. I it that she like manifested this because in the lyrics of Training Season, she's like, I need someone to hold me close.
Speaker 1: No, Naa, I need someone to hold me close, was her manifesting.
Speaker 4: You need someone to hold it close deeper than I've ever known whose love feels like a rodeo knows just how to take control when I'm vulnerable. He's straight talking to my soul. Conversation overload got me feel in vertigo?
Speaker 2: What enter Callum?
Speaker 3: I need to marry a man named Callum Crazy?
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's a metaphor. You know, when you're on a rodeo, you're care free, you're riding, you're whipping.
Speaker 1: She's looking for someone to ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and guys, it's very obvious she manifested him in this song.
Speaker 1: I think she could have manifested a relationship with a man.
Speaker 3: This looks like she's manifesting a relationship with an athlete. Yeah, more than an actor.
Speaker 1: A bull rider perhaps possibly maybe he rides bulls on the side.
Speaker 2: Well, anyways, I think they're actually getting married married like this coming weekend. Well this is we saw photos of the South Sarah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's so chic. That outfit.
Speaker 2: I know that hat. I could never Could you imagine if I wore outfeel like that to my wedding festivies? People would be like, get the out of here, Tanya. I might need you to do it just for the optic for could you imagine.
Speaker 1: We're creating doing Colum's wedding photos.
Speaker 2: Oh, maybe we could do as our Halloween costume. Yeah, oh good one. That's really the only time it would be appropriate for me to wear that.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, you want to talk about going to Paltrow and Arugula and then Miami sun leak? Yeah? Did you have deep thoughts on Miami some leeks?
Speaker 2: Not really, but like I think I want to manifest Miami Swim Week for myself. You did it, I know, but like the Sports Illustrated one, Oh yeah, it looked like all the like girlies just like doing their thing and having so much.
Speaker 3: Fun dancing with the people were out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Moura Higgins was out there, like our girl, Kristin Harper, and like the normal Sports Illustrated like curlies. But then I feel like they really were like bringing people in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bethany Frankel looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Bethany Frankel was out there, Alona the Nator sister, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Bestie more Higgins. Yeah. Yeah, I don't know, just you know, you know, seeing that little video of Vow dancing with her, she she's I think going to be better than I originally thought, because she made it seem like she could not move, and she looked very comfortable doing that little spin dip move with him.
Speaker 2: About that a lot? What I think you could do the same thing if you had vowl twisting you around.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Oh really no, She looked the way her back bent over his arm, her head like almost touched the back of her lips.
Speaker 2: He would teach you that, he would say, bend your head back when I throw you over my arm, bend back.
Speaker 1: I would get an injury.
Speaker 2: And it looked very Yeah, she's nimble.
Speaker 1: Wait, I needed to see him do it with you to know how easy it is.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you, I think I could nail that me too. To being honest, I think I could crush it.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're manifesting twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Seven Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 1: All right, last year was Victoria's Secret. We've moved on?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're coming on really cute. Like it just looked like a girly vibe, Like it looked like they were like just being girls together, you know ory secret, see together, Yeah, we were girls together. Victoria's Secret seems like a little intimidating. Yeah, this one not so much.
Speaker 1: I think walking in you're in a bikini on a slippery runway in front of everybody, just in general. Sounds for me intimidating, but you've done it.
Speaker 2: It would tape sandpaper on the bottom of my feet to make sure that they're really.
Speaker 1: Put some surfboard waking.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, they are not slipping and slides.
Speaker 1: I would do sure. Yeah, Jojo opened her or did the cups? SHEI line, she looked amazing, amazing, so proud. Okay, let's talk about.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing on the internet, every favorite thing on the internet.
Speaker 4: We do one more break. You can talk as long as you want, but otherwise we're up against it.
Speaker 1: Fair we can do it. And then we'll talk about seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo too.
Speaker 4: And there's a really cute email from Jenna. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so much.
Speaker 1: We'll be back.
Speaker 2: We're back, all right.
Speaker 1: Gwyneth and her arugula.
Speaker 2: Did you see this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but set it up for people who didn't.
Speaker 2: So Gwyneth Paltrow, mother of Goop and Apple and yeah Apple and Moses. Oh yeah, yeah, let's not forget about Moses. So she was on the Today Show and she was doing some sort of cooking segment and they were making meatballs and she says this one line and it caught both of the Today Show hosts off guard. She was like, if you're going for like a dairy free thing, just toss them arugula in there.
Speaker 1: And they both kind of like, huh, Like Savannah said, that's weird. Yeah, Savana Gothrie, that's weird. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the comments section went off, and I when I tell you, I couldn't stop reading those for like, I kept going back days after to like read these comments, like people basically saying, like, love me some a glass of arugulo with my chocolate chip cookies and.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I'll try it in my coffee right now. Yeah, when I don't have milk for my pancake mix, I just add long clippings.
Speaker 2: Why is this so funny to me?
Speaker 1: Because the last thing I expected someone to say as a dairy substitute was.
Speaker 2: Like avocado maybe sometimes, or.
Speaker 1: You can get free lacked.
Speaker 2: But now I think I'm crazy because I did a little like really thinking about this because a mother group speaks to me, and when you when arugola is finally crushed up, it does have a little bit of like a thickness to it. It's not like iceberg. Lettuce. It's got like a little bit of a milky texture.
Speaker 3: So the specific she was adding parmesan cheese to meatballs and say, if you want to avoid dairy, dice up arugula. So that makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: So we're going to try it. Rob and I are going to try it.
Speaker 1: But in meatballs. It makes sense, right because arugul is kind of bitter and it's more on the salty of side of things, so making.
Speaker 2: More of the creaminess that I'm now like really understanding what she meant.
Speaker 1: Well, if anyone can do it, I believe it's Robbie. And if anyone can convince himself that it's good, it's good.
Speaker 2: So in case you're tired of the haters commenting, I'm about to come beer taste Duster. No, I'm gonna like, I'm gonna come to her rescue ballad and validate her. Yeah, all right, pending tastes.
Speaker 1: You'll say it's amazing because mother Goop, you want her approval?
Speaker 2: Good, no sign?
Speaker 1: Okay. So one of my favorite books of all time, Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, is coming. Well, it's been announced forever that's being made into a movie. Yes, and they've gone back and forth, they had a director, they dropped out. It's been a whole thing, but they have announced that Anna Kendrick is going to be directing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're bummed, Well, I just what is it about directed? I don't know.
Speaker 4: You feel like you're not in good hands. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: I just feel it's such a spec like it just it was the reason I one of the big reasons I decided to come out when I did. It just has a lot of weight on it. And I know, like typically when you have a book adaptation, it's rarely as good as the book. I feel like if you can do a TV show, it has more of an option because you have more time.
Speaker 2: But a movie is so Amma. Kendrick doesn't give me girls girl vibes, and I don't love that as like somebody making a lot of decisions.
Speaker 4: And Kendrick made her directorial debut with the twenty twenty four crime thriller Woman of the Hour.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it.
Speaker 4: I saw Woman of the Hour, Well you see everything. It was good.
Speaker 3: Oh, what's it's about. The It's a true story about this guy who was a serial killer and then he ended up on like a newlywoed game. It's a great movie. Oh great, so and it was like a thriller in such sot.
Speaker 1: To make, so she has experience that makes me feel better. It just feels I am glad it's a woman. I do feel I'm happy it's in the hands of a woman.
Speaker 2: And imagine they gave it to like I don't know any man directors.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I feel like there's some good Yeah. I do feel like there's some men who could create a beautiful movie. But I think because of the storyline, you want it to feel like a woman's touch. So that makes me feel better.
Speaker 3: Is she going to be in it too? I'm sorry if I missed that.
Speaker 4: Do we know?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I would not agree with that casting.
Speaker 3: If so, she was in this other movie she did.
Speaker 2: Started and directed.
Speaker 1: So Evelyn Hugo in the book is a I think she's a Latin American, but she's blonde, like a blonde bombshell actress. So there does I would There was a lot of people wanted Anna what's her name? The armis the Armis. She was someone that people were wanting, but I.
Speaker 2: Think she was attached to it at one point. Wasn't she There's been a.
Speaker 1: Lot of rumors and speculations around Carson was in the and I asked her. I was like, are you evely He no, but I've seen the rumors She's gonna lie in my face. But I don't think she did. But it is on Netflix, and Sophia Carson is Netflix are Netflix movie? Yeah? It is? I can't. Yeah, Wow, I'm just bombed. And I'm like, gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just part of the Netflix movie.
Speaker 1: No, I love. I wanted it to be a show originally because I feel like they're gonna have to rush through movie because it's it's seven husbands of they could have done oh my gosh, yeah episodes and made each one about each husband, really dug.
Speaker 2: Their deals in and it seems like they're just.
Speaker 1: Made. Yeah, we've been This has been on the cutting board to cutting room floor for too long.
Speaker 3: Jessica Chastein was rumored to be in it too, but she said zero chain.
Speaker 1: So yeah. The other girl is like a she's described as like a redhead. So everyone listening Like Sadie sinc who is in Taylor Swift's music video, I feel like she'd be.
Speaker 2: Like she's also in Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't watch Stranger Things.
Speaker 2: Sadie Sink from Taylor Swift Music. Yeah, she's a big deal. Okay, well sorry, I don't watch respect on that stage.
Speaker 1: It's too scary. It's not Stranger Things.
Speaker 2: Try me again, it's not.
Speaker 1: I'm very weak. It's very like.
Speaker 3: I'm cute.
Speaker 2: I watch it.
Speaker 3: It is cute.
Speaker 4: I hear you should avoid back rooms.
Speaker 1: Oh, back rooms and Obsession. I've been told do not.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, wait, actually I've seen Obsession twice. I saw it the second time last night. I was I spent all night trying to think of a way to say this respectfully.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 3: It's so it's an incredible movie. There are elements of Tanya I see in that movie. And I don't think I don't think you will ever watch it because you don't strike me as a horror film, as a horror fan. But there are parts that are that I think you would be delighted by.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us because we haven't spoil.
Speaker 3: I mean, the premise of the movie is there's a young man who has a crush on his coworker and she does not like him back, and he does a little like novelty wish thing and says like I wish you loved me more than anyone, and then she does and he there's part there's parts she she descends into madness because she is so obsessed with him, and there's there's like a part where they're laying in bed together and he's like, I'm gonna go to the bathroom and she's like just screams stays like okay, an extremely exaggerated version of you, the horror film version, like not reality. But there are just parts that remind me of things we exaggerate about you.
Speaker 1: You know what I was thinking though on a less slightly this song Orbiter by Noah Colin. Yeah, I really like honed in on the I Stare at you part MHM with Robbie. Did he listen to it and feel seen by that?
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't really listen to music. I mean he does, like when he's in the car, but he's not like, you know, tuning in and like analyzing the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Haley will just drive in silence. When we first started dating, I was psychotic because if she she either tries to get do her phone calls during her or she'll just sit in silence. Because she's always has something going on, and when we first started dating, I was like, this is concerning behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she is, Yeah to be concerned about you know, that's.
Speaker 1: True, like someone not letting you go to the bathroom at night. What you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just sleeping my cocoons.
Speaker 1: Wait one, we have one one?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Would you stop over there with your little face so hungry. We were talking about the dogs recently and letting the dogs out, the feet, the feet. Hello, Becka, Tania, Mark, and Ethon. I'm a long time scrubber. I love hanging out with you all on my drive to daycare and to work. I put on shorts this weekend to go to my in laws for dinner and had a heavy internal debate whether or not I would let the dogs out. If Tanya puts it so nicely, I had never had this concern before listening to the podcast. I love being barefoot, but I cracked under the pressure and I put socks on. While we're at my in laws, I slipped on their wooden stairs and sprained my toe. I've learned my lesson on falling for peer pressure. For the rest of the summer, I will be dogs out purple toe and all love y'all your Canadian scrubber. Jenna. You sprained Jenna's toe, Tanya.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, Jenna. That's true.
Speaker 1: Socks are reliability.
Speaker 2: Would shoes walk around with socks with have shoes on?
Speaker 1: Isn't that what you do at home?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: What do you have on your feet?
Speaker 2: I put socks? Then I put my house shoes on?
Speaker 4: Howse shoes?
Speaker 2: How shoes?
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 2: They like rubbery like crocks, but not crocs.
Speaker 1: But you put socks on before your house shoes.
Speaker 2: Slippers keep my feet warm.
Speaker 1: Very warm. That's how are your slippers lined? No?
Speaker 2: Oh, they're not. They're they're like rubber.
Speaker 4: What do you wear in the house, Houston? Socks? As do I? Becca?
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes I'm just barefoot my slippers on with no socks.
Speaker 4: I think it socks or barefoot. I think those are the options for inside your home.
Speaker 1: Well, slippers are normal shoes.
Speaker 4: Slippers, you were slippers all day. Let you were slippers with your pajamas or when you first wake up.
Speaker 2: In the They're not their house shoes.
Speaker 1: Oh, these are. She's not talking about slippers like she's talking about like a croc highbrid.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but I only wear them inside my house.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's weird, but you have to have something that has some grip on it because you have stairs to wooden stairs slide down.
Speaker 3: But if there's like a catastrophe like a fire or something, you could just run out and be good.
Speaker 4: Are now outdoors and they'd have to be thrown away?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you can wear them in the house, my househoes in the backyard.
Speaker 4: Ye, so much bacteria have you?
Speaker 2: But they don't leave my house or the yard, the property, the property.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's only sunny species that might get on there.
Speaker 2: Correct, it's not about it's not about cleanliness. It's just about optics. They're like big, they're like size nine. Oh yeah, and they're like rubber.
Speaker 3: Shoes bacteria to hide.
Speaker 4: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well, we're so sorry for this decision you made, and you should be able to let your dogs do I were. I wear sandals all year round here and it's okay to let the dogs for you, just not on an airplane. Yeah, that's that's about.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 1: And at work, I'm fine. I've worn sand sandals here to do podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's different for you. You're yeah, you're just visiting.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm only here for the limited time. You're here for a.
Speaker 2: Short time, not a fun time.
Speaker 1: Good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well really before we go, just really quick.
Speaker 4: That third break is really open enough.
Speaker 3: Thing promise is really quick. I just went. I had fly back from UH. I went to Sacramento on Friday to record the Jonas Brothers, and coming back, I was saying, next.
Speaker 4: The fourth Jonas brother.
Speaker 2: They have a fourth brother.
Speaker 4: Respectfully, he's not a Jonas brother, He's just a Jonas brother.
Speaker 2: There was some respect on the name.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've been on tour with them for the last month.
Speaker 1: You kind of have.
Speaker 3: I legitimately have UH. And we go to Mexico City, Mexico City, Argentina, Vegas, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Sacramento and yeah, I'm of a ya resort and spa in San Bernardino, California. But I went to Sacramentary record them. And when I was flying back, these two nice young ladies sat next to me and I was working on my computer and one of them says, oh, do you make music, And like, no, it's a it's a podcast. And then she's like is it scrubbing in and I was like, uh no, but you listen to scrubbing in and it was two nice ladies, Kate and Tyana, and uh they were from the Ventura area. They'd flown up to see the Jonas brothers, flew back down and that was Kate's first concert ever. Whoa to see the Jonas brothers. That blew my mind? But they were so nice and I told him I would give him a shout out because we had a really nice plane ride coming.
Speaker 1: Back to Burbank easton Who's your favorite Jonahs brother? Before we go?
Speaker 3: I was a nick guy for many years after doing the podcast, I am far and away Joe Joe, I really really like him. I find him so funny. I find him so charming.
Speaker 1: He's like the.
Speaker 2: Goofball of the brother.
Speaker 1: He makes me laugh a lot.
Speaker 3: On TikTok, he asked for a sound effects board, which is not a request I've gotten from a podcast talent before. And I made him a little one and it has a little pictures on it and he can play like you know wanh want want things like that, and he is so good with it. It's so funny, the timing is so good. It's yeah, I I love him. Wow, and I love the Jones brother Wow.
Speaker 1: Maybe one day we'll get them on this podcast, but until then, we'll be back Thursday with the dear Bon Yet and we hope you have a wonderful week. We love you. May