Speaker 1: Ay, your favorite day of the week.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday on our podcast, which means you get a brand new Awkward Tuesday episode. Yes, it's Brook and Jeffrey and god, we love it when you subscribe.
Speaker 3: Brook gets a dingy and so she could be middle of the night and it wakes her up and she's.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, that feels so good.
Speaker 1: It feels so good.
Speaker 2: So thank you for doing Thank you, thank you jose for explaining. And let's go to comments from our subscribers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chaos said, I am eleven listening for a organ. I've been listening since I was about three years old. I listen to you guys every time I take a shower. I went from music to you guys.
Speaker 3: Love you guys.
Speaker 1: You're a part of my family.
Speaker 3: Yea that means uncle. Yes.
Speaker 1: How long are the showers? Are they long enough to finish this whole segment? I don't know. The parents' water bill is ridiculous. All right, here we go. We got a brand new episode starting right now.
Speaker 3: It's almost time for your Awkward Tuesday. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and today we speak to a listener. Scott married a.
Speaker 1: Couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: It is but she's a little upset that her childhood friend was a complete no show. Everyone is in the dark about why, except one of her friends, who believes she knows the real reason. Really and it is spicy, but is it true. We're gonna find out when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 1: It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. There's a lot of wedding etiquette and protocols that you're expected to follow when you're invited to attend a fancy gathering. That's right, well, probably seven drinks or more minimum minimum minimum. Must wear pants unless it says pants optional on the invite.
Speaker 1: Which most do. You're not going to be wearing anything after haven't dreams.
Speaker 3: And I know in Brooks case, she requested, do not whoot during our first kiss unless the neon sign explicitly.
Speaker 1: Says to which the neon sign said to it was the entire time. Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: Another potential wedding faux pas that I recently heard about is responding yes on your invite but never showing up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only funt I had with my mother was over her friend that did that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Listener Danielle to the show today because she recently got married and is struggling with the absence of a good friend who said they'd come but never did so. Danielle, Welcome to the show. Hi guys, Danielle.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. I mean we should start there with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, it's great being married. I'm so happy, but almost everything, I just yeah.
Speaker 3: They say the first two weeks of marriage are the hardest. So now that you're through this, that's smooth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cabo was really hard. Really, our hearts go out to you Angel.
Speaker 1: Twice.
Speaker 3: Okay, so tell us you emailed because apparently somebody was supposed to attend your wedding and did not do that. Let's get into it. Who is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So this is one of my like closest friends of all time. I mean yeah, we've been friends literally since elementary school. We were basically next door neighbors, like ride the bus together, everything, since elementary through college. We went to college together, and like we stayed close this whole time.
Speaker 1: You don't even have to go any further. I'm offended already. Yeah, wow, what do you mean she know showed so he no showed. He knows.
Speaker 3: It's a guy. Yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 6: His name's Warren.
Speaker 3: So take us to what happened at your wedding? How did that go down?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I'm getting to be with my bridesmaids, I'm getting ready to go down, and one of our other best friends, like one of our mutual good friends, is my maid of honor, and she informed me that like he wasn't there, and she's like I thought he was coming, and I'm like, he is coming. So like I remember like looking out because this is one of my best friends and I don't see him and he's not there. No text, Yeah, just didn't show up.
Speaker 2: I mean I would immediately honestly think that something terrible happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, like car accident, if he had to fly the plane got delighted, metal emergency.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I mean that was my first thought too, because I'm like, what other reason would he possibly not show up to my wedding? Totally? So I texted him while you're in the altar.
Speaker 3: Well no, after all the wedding, second giant.
Speaker 6: Dress, he was after it okay, And I was just like, hey, are you okay? And he didn't reply at all, so I'm stressed my entire wedding thinking he's dead, and then he finally replies the next day and all he said is sorry he couldn't make it.
Speaker 3: WHOA, that is weird? Is that a big deal?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, should be. If he texts her the next day and it's not a call, it's just like a five page this is he's mad. I think he's mad at something or he's a man and stuff really short and is like, that's all I need to do.
Speaker 1: A friend though, yeah, that's more important.
Speaker 3: Well, do you have any idea why he wasn't there or why he took so long to answer?
Speaker 6: My two top running series I guess at the moment are one. Maybe he's upset that he wasn't in the wedding, which he could feel bad about that, honest, Like my husband already had his groom's men.
Speaker 2: But you could have given him another role, you know, like there's other things at the wedding that could have been belved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could have been mad about that when he found out not the day.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 6: My other theory and I don't really think this one's true, but my other friend she's saying that she thinks it could be that he's upset because he has feelings for me and I, yeah, I don't think that's true. Why not? I mean like he's basically my brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Brook think that's kind of hot, right? Maybe not? But he thought that getting friend zone that sort.
Speaker 6: I guess, like, why would you boast me on my wedding day?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I will say I see where you're coming from, but speaking as a guy, we process things a little bit differently, not always the best way, and maybe his head just wasn't able to wrap his mind around that moment.
Speaker 1: Hasn't he seen a rom com? If that's the case, he's supposed.
Speaker 3: To I object. Would you been mad at him if he came down and objected and ruined the wedding?
Speaker 6: Well, if that was the case, I wouldn't want him to go so.
Speaker 3: Okay, So maybe he'll be grateful that he didn't come if we're able to get in touch with him, because I'm assuming that's what you reached out about, is trying to figure out why he's not answering.
Speaker 6: I need you guys to talk to him and figure out out what's going on, because he's not talking to me and I honestly, don't think I can talk to him right now or should it, because I'm so emotional about this. I don't want to upset him more because I'm already really upset. Okay, I'm just gonna make it worse.
Speaker 3: So remember with the awkward Tuesday. We will let you make this call, but we'll give you our advice first.
Speaker 1: That's right, whether you're emotionally ready or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll figure out how to how to get your childhood friend to finally open up and tell you why he couldn't bother to show up to the biggest day of your life.
Speaker 1: That he sucks right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my advice. So here we go. We're going to do it with your awkward Tuesday right after this.
Speaker 4: It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. If you're just joining us. We've been talking to Danielle, who is two weeks out of being newly married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that part's great, that is congrats.
Speaker 3: To her, but she is still dealing with a little micro drama that happened at the wedding because a close guy friend, someone that she grew up with, said that he would show but never did.
Speaker 1: It's like one of her best friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah she did. She texted him at the wedding saying where are you? And he didn't respond until the next day. Wow, Nolly said, was Oh sorry, I couldn't make it.
Speaker 1: Yikes. I don't even think he said sorry, didn't he?
Speaker 3: I think he said sorry. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: It was rude, that's all.
Speaker 3: I don't give him any credit.
Speaker 1: I'm mad.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was, it wasn't enough and it didn't provide any explanation. He's not answering her texts or her calls now, and that's why she wants us to dial from our number so he'll pick up. And we need to give her some advice to get her ready for this. So, Brooke, what have you got?
Speaker 1: I'm saying you're coming in hot?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Ell, i'ment of surprise because your friends are theorizing that he didn't show because he has a crush on you.
Speaker 1: So what you do he doesn't know this number?
Speaker 2: You say, Hey, listen, I'm upset that you weren't at the wedding, and now all of our friends are starting a rumor that it's because you have feelings for me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yes, yes, coming angry? What do you think about that.
Speaker 6: Danielle, I like it, yes, honestly. Yeah, And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: I think that if he hears that and he really does think of.
Speaker 2: You as just a sister, yeah, he'd be like god no, yeah, and then they'll have to tell you why he didn't really show up.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I really don't think that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, So possibly harness your inner anger. Jose what's your advice wedding? My advice was actually for you to go opposite.
Speaker 4: No, I think that you need to be a little delicate with him, you know, because you may only get.
Speaker 1: One shot at this all right.
Speaker 3: You don't want to regret being too aggressive and ruining it if he does have a good excuse.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, well I only had one shot at my wedding day and he wasn't there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Have a feeling we're going in hot then, can't lie about your emotions as usual, anger winds. So here we go. I'm gonna dial Warren's number and we're gonna see if he answers and hopefully gets some closure on what happened why he didn't come to your wedding. Here goes.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, oh.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, you get a new phone number.
Speaker 6: No, okay, so.
Speaker 4: Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Huh? What am I doing? I'm pretty sure I'm trying to contact you since you, you know, just ghosted my wedding.
Speaker 4: List or not. I'm I'm really not ready for this.
Speaker 6: Now. What do you mean you're not ready for this? You had a year and a half to get ready to come to my wedding and you just didn't show up the day of. So that's not good enough for me.
Speaker 4: You know, we we're really going to do this right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we are really gonna do this right now. Okay, I need to know why, and so I'm just gonna be upfront. All of our friends are going around spinning the rumor mill, saying that the reason you didn't show up is because you're in love with me and that you couldn't handle bidding.
Speaker 4: You come one man about it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay that's what I said too.
Speaker 4: You know, you're my oldest friend and we're family. It's got nothing to do with me being attracted to you.
Speaker 6: Okay, then why didn't you show up? I?
Speaker 4: Actually I did show up. I was actually there what twenty minutes before the ceremony.
Speaker 3: Putever you wire.
Speaker 6: I looked around. You weren't there, you weren't anywhere.
Speaker 4: I really don't want to talk about this.
Speaker 6: You owe it, Tommy Warren. Just tell me the truth. What happened? Damn?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Look, when I was pulling up, I was ready to go in and have a good time with you guys, but I spotted someone that I didn't want to be around, so I just had to bail. I panicked when I saw this person because I don't want to be around this person. Okay, but what do you mean by that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: I mean again, that sounds like our friends are right?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: Was this person? Tom? Was the person that you were so upset to see? Was that my husband?
Speaker 5: Did it make me?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no no. I love Tom. I'm glad that you guys are getting married.
Speaker 3: I really am.
Speaker 4: It's got enough to do with Tom.
Speaker 6: He's legit. Okay, Then who the hell could have upset you enough to not come to my wedding? All right?
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something. It was your wedding planner named Gillian.
Speaker 6: Jillian. Yeah, my planner's name is Jillian.
Speaker 4: All right, That's what I was afraid of a couple of years ago, two years ago. Right, I was at the airport taking a flight and we met and basically he ended up giving me an STD.
Speaker 6: What that's a party favor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: We did not mean to out your info like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Warring.
Speaker 4: Why we wore all these people on the phone.
Speaker 3: Oh, these people are a radio show, radio show that no one listens to. You, no worries. This is Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. This is called an awkward Tuesday phone call for obvious reasons.
Speaker 1: And could be used as a PSA for safe relationships.
Speaker 4: A broadcast in my issue, Well, we didn't We didn't know what the situation was.
Speaker 3: Danielle had no idea why you didn't show up to her wedding.
Speaker 6: I don't know you could have stayed first of all.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's pretty immature.
Speaker 2: I still think like, it's not like you're going to be interacting with a wedding planner.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what to do. I was freaking out, super embarrassed by the whole thing. And then it just seemed like when I saw her at the wedding, there's no possible way this can end.
Speaker 3: Well, is it something that you and the wedding planner had not talked about before this moment.
Speaker 4: No, oh, oh my god, she doesn't know. I didn't contact her afterwards.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. I just I just thought of something. My brother hooked up with Jillian after the wedding.
Speaker 7: It could be it could be fine, it could be a terrible one if you could use protection. Like, there's some people that have this problem. It's about sexual health and it should be more talked about in today.
Speaker 3: If you talk about it, everyone should get.
Speaker 6: I need to talk about it with my brother.
Speaker 3: So all that aside, it's good that this conversation is happening because now we finally understand what the real issue was, and the brother knows that he may need some antibiotics.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's okay. My medicine is an amazing thing.
Speaker 4: Is it all right? If I could maybe bow out of this conversation. I've had a cocktail er two and I really don't feel like talking about it.
Speaker 3: I think that's exactly how the airport situation came up in.
Speaker 2: But no wonder, I mean, I think the whole point is you forgive him for that good right, Like, can you guys move past this in your relationship?
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, I'm still really hurt by it, and I like, I just I wish you'd talk to me, and I'm really upset that you didn't reply to me the last two weeks about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just didn't know what to say. I had no idea what to do. I knew it was going to come out eventually, but I didn't want to go into that situation and think there was any possibility of something happening that would mess up the wedding day for you.
Speaker 3: Guys, did you think that you're going to hook up with her there again? Is that what you were worried about? Nop, He's like, she cannot resist me after I've had three cocktails. All right, Well, Danielle, he did it. It sounds like to protect you and not create any more drama at the wedding than there needed to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just for the record, I'm sorry. I love you, You're my best friend. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you.
Speaker 1: That's sweet.
Speaker 3: Remember you're talking to Danielle, not Jillian here.
Speaker 4: So I got other words for Jillian.
Speaker 3: You do those off the air.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, still not thrilled about how it all went down, But I mean We've made it twenty plus years in our friendship. I think we'll make it through this too.
Speaker 3: I feel good about this. Drinks on me. Let's all head to the airport together and celebrate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Should the airport have hookup warning signs posted up around the different terminals?
Speaker 1: No, you always know to use protection. It's pretty simple.
Speaker 3: To hook up back.
Speaker 2: When you hook up with a stranger, you don't know what you're gonna get life.
Speaker 3: But if you think about a place that has a lot of signage, the airport's probably number one on the list. So why have I never seen a sign that says hook up with a red line through it? Yeah, totally, totally. It could help a lot more people than I realized.
Speaker 1: How many people are hooking up at the airport flights.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where you would do that logistically, lines so crazy long. You can just do it in line.
Speaker 1: Not going to be a sanitary place what it is.
Speaker 3: But I'm good for them for pulling it off. Oh No, it sucks the consequences, but you know that's there. It is anyway. If you want more awkward content, you can always follow our podcast at Brooke and Jeffrey wherever you gets yours stream mustering your next Red Eye, yeah it, beautiful stranger, or while you're in the act, why not