Speaker 1: Second date. Updated dating is a perfect time to try new things. Okay, whether that's recreation or amputation. Who how about a vacation to another nation with a brief incarceration. As long as we're doing something that rhymes with ation that I'm up for it. Hey, I do that a lot.
Speaker 2: Don't give me any explanation.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like one of our listeners was up for it too. His name is Chad. So let's welcome to the show, Chad.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be chat Nation.
Speaker 1: You know, Chad? What's up man? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey, how you guys doing.
Speaker 1: My last name is Salutation. Hey, dude, thanks for being on with us. Tell us about the girl that you met.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm at this girl online. Her name is Pamela. I'm a huge cat person, and I saw our profile picture and like these two cats fuoking each other to hairless cats, which is wait.
Speaker 4: Her dating profile is a picture of two hairless cats looking at each other.
Speaker 1: Exactly to people that some people have the silhouette, they don't put any pictures up. So a couple of cats, some bald cats, could be a nice little euphemism that she's trying to throw your Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to go with the hot note. I don't think that's her cat people's minds.
Speaker 1: That's just me. I messed up ahead, Okay, but you liked you liked her sphinx cats.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, I've always been, like I said, I'm a huge animal lover, but specifically cats.
Speaker 1: So you reached out to her and what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we started talking hit it off for good. Of course, the cats were the first thing that we started talking about. And then like she asked me, She's like, you want to go out sometime?
Speaker 2: And I was like yeah, So it was nice a bold cat lady.
Speaker 1: Even then, exactly what did she ask you to do?
Speaker 3: Well? She asked if I wanted to go with her to line dancing.
Speaker 1: It doesn't rhyme with Asian, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: Are you a big dancer? Is that a Is that a comfort zone for you?
Speaker 3: It is not a comfort zone And it definitely came out of left field for me.
Speaker 4: And live dance can be tricky, like you get going the wrong way and suddenly everything's messed up.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you for putting yourself out there trying something a little bit different. How did it go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was good. I mean, you know, on our way there, I was I was feeling a little rundown. So on the way there, we stopped at a Starbucks. I grabbed myself my shaking oat milk espresso, which I'm addicted to nowadays.
Speaker 1: I heard alexis hot hot on a good choice the menu.
Speaker 4: Were you guys driving together to the day. Yeah, yeah, see that's a good sign too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A lot of trust there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean everything, everything was great. God, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was just gonna ask if like the dancing part of it made you extra.
Speaker 2: Nervous for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not only the dancing part once we got there, Like I mentioned, I'm a total beginner. And one thing I didn't know. You guys might not this, but with line dancing, you're constantly switching partners all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's kind of rough for a date night if you're always dancing with other people date night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very awkward, and uh, you know, I'm I'm not really the jealous type, but like she was with a lot of dudes, and dudes that knew their line dancing network looked like they lived lived on the line dancing floor and or the gym all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, country guys.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you should be intimidated by that.
Speaker 4: Like she obviously is someone who goes to these places, like she's not looking for those guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, we don't know. Did you get the feeling that there was any one guy that she was particularly like ash like locking in on gyrating extra especially hard on It's dance. I don't know how line dancing works.
Speaker 2: Catwoman with two hairless cats, I mean, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: I mean, there were there was one guy specifically, but there's one guy that she seemed to go to that I actually kind of started like talking to quite a bit, and I was like trying to get a feel like, you know, he said he had met her before in the past, so I was just trying to get a feel like what her vibe was.
Speaker 1: You know, you swooped in on her.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, I hope it's not her man. You know, he didn't came out strout said that. He just said that they knew each other in the past.
Speaker 1: So did you get the vibe that maybe they were like a thing at one point or do you feel like they were just friends?
Speaker 3: I was trying to read the situation and it was kind of tough. I mean, he seemed to know a lot about her, but could be a friend thing too as well. Like I mean, he didn't come out straight out and said they.
Speaker 4: And if it was an ex, you wouldn't immediately go, oh, she's amazing. Yeah you should get to know where, you know, like he was like talking her praises and you.
Speaker 1: Would have been friends for years and danced together for you. Yeah, well put a tiny miniature red flag by that one. But tell us about how the rest of the night went.
Speaker 3: Rest of the night went cool. I mean, you know, I did as good as I could on the line dance and great at it.
Speaker 2: I bet she was impressed by that though, that you were trying.
Speaker 3: I hope. So, I mean it seemed like it was a great night, and I had a nice hug and a like a little mini kind of mini kiss, I guess you could say. But since then, nothing nothing, nothing like no text, no like, you know, hey, fun night. Now. The thing that I'm also tripping out about is on top of the ghosting thing, is I signed up for this eight week long class for line dancing.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god, so you really need the state to work out.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like it wasn't cheap either. I think it was like two seventy nine. It was like almost three hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Well, we're fun to better get you another day with this one. You're going to be out three hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: That's it. Does she know that?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't told her that yet. I felt that felt weird, like I was being desperate, So I haven't told her that part yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, well grab your partner, dosey docaus to the second part.
Speaker 2: We got me square dancing.
Speaker 1: At least some people in this room are excited to call for you, and we'll come back try and get you a second date update right after this second date update, how about a date at a country line dance. Huh yeah, you're really into it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love country I only haven't heard that in a while. That actually sounds like it could be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should do like a whole morning show events together where we all go country line dancing as a group.
Speaker 4: Why did you say in front of Alexis that is so embarrassing to bring her to a dancing event.
Speaker 1: I used to live down the street from a country bar. They do line dancing, and I was too scared to ever participate. Oh, this is great because I've been really trying to hang out with you guys more than sixty hours a week we already spend together.
Speaker 2: I knew that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's a great idea for a date except for the fact that your partner does dance with a lot of other people.
Speaker 2: Fine, unless you're like a weirdly jealous person, that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: It could cause some jealousy issues. In fact, Brooks sounded jealous when you described all the other hunky dancing cowboys there.
Speaker 4: Chad, No, I sounded annoyed that anyone would be jealous at something like this, Like that's what you do, It's what everybody does.
Speaker 1: Why do you such a big smile on your face?
Speaker 2: Because I like wranglers?
Speaker 1: Okay, Chad, how you feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping to get some explanation for what's going going on for sure?
Speaker 1: Right, But you're not jealous in any way?
Speaker 3: Right? I don't know if I go as far to say jealous, but definitely a little uneasy. I guess maybe did.
Speaker 4: But after your eight week line dancing course that you signed up for. You won't even bat an eye. I mean, we've got to get you another day so you can show off your moves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not waste any more time here. We're gonna dial Pamel for you right now and see if we can make sure that the money that you spend on the dancing classes is actually here. We go, all right, all right, Hello, Hey, we're looking for Pamela speaking. Hey Pamela, you're How do I say this?
Speaker 2: It's the same way you say it every time.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Just go with it. Do something, you don't change something that's not broken.
Speaker 1: Whenever comes out, comes out.
Speaker 6: Can I help you?
Speaker 1: Jeff you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: What happens?
Speaker 1: It's not what I wanted to come out.
Speaker 2: It sounds like we're in a country station. Hi, Pamela, Hi, I'm on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sorry, we're a morning show and we do a segment here called the second Date Update. Okay, yeah, I should probably keep explaining. It's where we help out some of our listeners who have been out on a date and they're wanting to see that person again but having a hard time arranging it. Okay, she says, we're calling you because you went out with somebody that listens to our show named Chad. Apparently you went dancing together.
Speaker 5: Oh right, yeah, it is right.
Speaker 4: Chad seems like a nice, fun guy, and he said that you're the one that asked him out first.
Speaker 2: Even Yeah, yeah, he is a.
Speaker 3: Very nice guy.
Speaker 1: That well, we're trying to help him because he's really confused after your date night. He was not sure why there hasn't been a second date because he's asked you a few times.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, okay.
Speaker 2: That was a big breath.
Speaker 6: No, so it's because thee On the way to the place, we stopped at a Starbucks and he got I like, like some kind of an oat milk.
Speaker 2: I think it's the shaken oat milk expresso he got.
Speaker 1: I think that's right.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I so I am.
Speaker 6: Very allergic to oats, oat milk, anything with oats. My stomach like sick to my stomach.
Speaker 2: Did he make you drink it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, but he he drank it and then he smelled like it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Just smell makes me feel sick, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Wow? With him, did you say something like, hey, I'm allergic to oats.
Speaker 4: I bet he wouldn't have ordered that. There's so many other alternatives he could have done. If he doesn't do milk, you know, he could have done almond.
Speaker 6: Yet, that's my bad. I didn't say anything.
Speaker 5: You know, he acted like it was his regular thing. Like he said, he like, he drinks two of them a day. He has to have his oat milk.
Speaker 6: Whatever you said, it was shaken singing whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean. I know you don't like oat milk, but you should try to shake and espresso. It's really yummy.
Speaker 6: I've never even heard of that.
Speaker 3: That's weird, you know.
Speaker 6: So yes, I just felt uncomfortable with that.
Speaker 2: And then oh, okay, so something else has dawned on you.
Speaker 1: What else happened?
Speaker 6: So a couple of days later, a girlfriend of mine that I normally go dancing with, she calls me. She goes, guess who was at Cowboy Palace?
Speaker 2: Cowboy?
Speaker 1: I love it? Who the guy you went out with?
Speaker 2: You don't say I didn't see it coming? Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: You inspired a new passion for him?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That just felt a little because I don't I don't think he's ever been country western dancing before. He and I went, and suddenly now he's going back there, like is he looking for me?
Speaker 6: Like what's he? I don't know. It just made me feel a little weirded out, and so I felt like, no perceived.
Speaker 1: I would it be so bad if he was there, like hoping to see you again? Is that? Is that a horrible thing?
Speaker 4: Maybe he had drake oat milk earlier that day and.
Speaker 6: It's like one of my places.
Speaker 3: I'm a total regular there. I know everyone there.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of people there.
Speaker 3: And I went there and nice book.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Up right now?
Speaker 3: Oh, very very one sentence I was heard on their.
Speaker 1: Chad, Pamela, I got to let you know that Chad has been on the other line secretly listening to this conversation and clearly wants to talk to you. You forget, he's not supposed to just talk. I think he couldn't hear anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is happening right now?
Speaker 6: I don't even you called me.
Speaker 5: Suddenly I'm on the radio and I'm talking about my personal life and now.
Speaker 3: The guy is there.
Speaker 1: Actually that's a great description, Pamela. You should do our promo for second date updates on our station does send it back to us. But Chad, sorry, uh go ahead. You wanted to say something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look, the reason I interrupted is because I was there at Cowboy Palace bying dance lessons so I could get better for the next time.
Speaker 1: Pamela, there's going to be his secret surprise for you that suddenly he can dance.
Speaker 2: Isn't that cute?
Speaker 4: Pamela, Yeah, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Aren't you flattered by that? That is such a like nice thing to do.
Speaker 6: I guess I didn't even know that you even liked it that much.
Speaker 1: I just I don't think he did.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, I think he did. You wouldn't do lessons if you didn't like it like enough.
Speaker 1: He wants to dance with her?
Speaker 3: Chad, Yeah, I mean I know how much you like it. I mean that's a big thing, you know, and and we had a great night. So that's something you're going to do and we're going to hang out more. I want to do it the right way, you know.
Speaker 1: That is really cute.
Speaker 2: That's really cute, Pamela.
Speaker 6: I just want to clear something up.
Speaker 5: So country Western dancing, you do the line dances, you do the two stepping I'm going to be dancing with other people too.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of people there. We're all friends and we dance together. Just so you know.
Speaker 2: That's how it's Okay, does that mean you're interested? But she's planning for the future. That's a good sign. That sounds like she can't.
Speaker 1: Avoid sounds like she's willing to see you again.
Speaker 3: I will, let's do it. Just no more milk, just okay, Okay, I like so I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, all right, got another date. And all you have to do is sacrifice your favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm so close to romantic.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning. Look, I'm going to be honest. Chad's a listener to our show, and I appreciate that. But I lost a lot of respect for him when he immediately caved and said he'd give up oat milk and his second option wasn't cow's milk, it was almond.
Speaker 2: What kind of man are you am?
Speaker 1: I the only one here leading the charge for cows. Everyone wants to take jobs away from the cows.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just not that great for the environment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but oat milk is really actually very friendly, very friendly milk you could even make it hold pass.
Speaker 1: Yes, anyway, I feel like we're gonna be driving by farms and see cows on strikes.
Speaker 2: I got your bag.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a cow come back, I swear. But thankfully, Chad's getting his breath fixed so it doesn't smell like oat milk anymore, and he's learning to line dance. Officially turned in his man card after one date, so you never know. Six months from now, we're gonna hear him get the cleaners picking up up is Taylor Swift Sequin talboy had drinking his almond shake and which is a normal day, it's not even a concert. Good for him, good for you.
Speaker 2: Don't get your world.
Speaker 1: Be the next Chad email the show. We'll call that person wasn't calling you back. Check out all of our second dates up on our podcast wherever he gets yours at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning