Speaker 1: Novel.
Speaker 2: This show contains adult material, references to drugs and swearing.
Speaker 3: You have been warned.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what though. Listen to him right now, on.
Speaker 3: Him if he was fucking on fire, the piston.
Speaker 1: Him just for my enjoyment, not his, and I'd make sure that I've had loads of barocasas that real yellow piss me.
Speaker 3: I'm a savage.
Speaker 5: Are you bored of modern dating?
Speaker 2: Meeting the same people from the same apps in the same bar You've only chosen because it's close to your house and you can make your usual quick getaway. It's time to change the narrative on how we find love. It's time to start looking for love in all the wrong places. I'm going on a wild dating adventure, only picking people who were the total opposite of my type. And after twenty eight of these dates in two months, will I find that special someone or well, this experiment proved that I should just give up on dating altogether. It's time to find out. I'm Grace Campbell and this is twenty eight dates.
Speaker 1: Later, Dan, Dan, every single of these podcasts is going to be you going.
Speaker 3: Dan, Dan, How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: I had maybe one of the best in the club kiss. Oh wow, Yeah, it was actually really hot.
Speaker 3: Wow. So what makes like an inn the club kiss like so hot?
Speaker 1: Sometimes I've got a people and it's like I've been in a car wash and it's full face saliva disgusting. But then sometimes you get someone because you don't expect it to be great necessarily because you're learning how to kiss that person in the instant.
Speaker 4: Where were you? I was at a gay bar. Shot horror, don't tell my dad.
Speaker 3: In the club.
Speaker 4: In the gay club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was just this man there and the kiss kind of happened because we ran out of things to say.
Speaker 4: The absolutly dried up.
Speaker 3: How long had you spoken before?
Speaker 4: Two minutes?
Speaker 5: Perfect?
Speaker 1: Because also, like you just want to get in there, to be honest, Also, only wanted was a.
Speaker 5: Kiss, But also who talks in the club.
Speaker 3: That's disgusting, I know.
Speaker 1: And also the thing is that there was quite a big heighth difference, so like, firstly, I can't hear what you're saying, and then secondly.
Speaker 5: He was seven one.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was taller than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was like he was small, okay, But so like when we made out, it was a little bit like a giraffe eating grass. That was like the imagery, but the kiss was so nice and like we both like got of each other and then like pulled away and we're like, wow, that was really great.
Speaker 5: Congratinations.
Speaker 2: We've got a boyfriend, her husband. Well, I had sex on the weekend, right, and then, now.
Speaker 4: Don't make me out whoa, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, No, that's not even what the story is about. I had Oh my god, shut up. First of all, I'm talking now, I had sex on the weekend. And then it's really weird because it was good sex. It's not like I haven't had sex with ages I had. I've been having like fine sex, but this was like quite exceptional sex.
Speaker 4: What made it better?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was just like really good sex, like like it was just like we obviously really fancy each other words, and it was just like fun.
Speaker 3: Anyways.
Speaker 2: And then yesterday, the day after having had sex, I have just gotten so much attention from them, Like both like two people that I used to day contacted me yesterday, like one out of the blue, haven't spiked him for five months, just sent me like an insane video of him wanking.
Speaker 3: I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Out of the blue, just out of the.
Speaker 2: Blue, and then no, yeah, oh yeah, it's mad. No, it's so weird. It's like sex person, Like, no.
Speaker 1: One ever send me a video of you randomly wanking. I really don't want you to send that to me at dan dot.
Speaker 4: Why don't do it?
Speaker 2: Then I was on the overgrown yesterday I got chaps three times, and then today I also got three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the overground. Yeah, you're going from one end to the other.
Speaker 2: I was only going from West Hampton to Gospel, which is full stops.
Speaker 5: How mental is that?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: So for all about international listeners, which I know there are many, chirps is basically where you're like chatting someone up, like you're caught in them, like you floating.
Speaker 4: Them in a bar or something.
Speaker 2: It's just like an English slanguage. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what it is. It's like an energy thing.
Speaker 2: And it's also it's also yeah no I do pheromo, Yeah I do.
Speaker 3: But people always say.
Speaker 4: That, who said that?
Speaker 2: I once, right, when I once had some really good sex, like top notch sex, and then no, it's because so much sex I have is like so bang, average have.
Speaker 4: Differentiate, honestly, So this very.
Speaker 2: Top notch sex and then this guy was staring at me, and then I was like, okay, like you're just staring at me, and he was like, it's just like I really wanted to come over and smell you because you look like you smell like sex.
Speaker 1: What the fuck kind of people are you hanging out with? That's like, that's like a creepy version of the woman.
Speaker 3: That's honestly thought it was so.
Speaker 5: And then I had sex with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was really.
Speaker 4: Sorry if someone came over and was like, can I hoff your golf?
Speaker 3: He wasn't saying my vagina.
Speaker 2: He was saying, you give off like sex vibes, is what he was saying.
Speaker 4: Wait, can I tell you what I smell like after sex? Not good?
Speaker 3: Well, speaking for yourself, I am.
Speaker 1: And all of the gay community, none of us smell good.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I guess it's like a sexy smell like during sex.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking legitimately about smell.
Speaker 2: You're slightly missing it here, So let's let's slow.
Speaker 4: Down down, Like, can I smell you?
Speaker 2: Because I think he said he said, he didn't say I want to smell you. I said, why are you look at me? He was like, you look like you smell like sex. And what he meant by that you look like you're a slut basically is what he meant. I was really flatter. I mean that is kind of and then yeah, he turned to and only was like, what do I look like? I smell like he goes tean crumbs.
Speaker 4: Which some people is also a smell of set.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this guy, right, I matched with him on Field, which is the app that essentially puts like your sexual desires and interests are sort of like on a par with like your also your other interests, Like it'll be like I'm into fisting and fishing, do you know? And on his profile, he looked like a Tory okay, which if you're listening in America, is like a Republican, but like with a lot of more weird backstory. Basic yeah, fox catching, fox.
Speaker 5: Hunting, Yeah if you incests, yeah, incess.
Speaker 2: So I thought maybe we'd clash on that because he was going to be a Tory.
Speaker 5: But I wasn't even a toy.
Speaker 2: It was one of those people who doesn't even engage in politics, which is worse than being a Tory in my opinion. And he was just a walking red flag. So I think we just get straight into it because you need to hear about this day.
Speaker 4: Who sounds terrible.
Speaker 5: What do you do for a job?
Speaker 6: I am in the Devil's game of recruitment. Really just get paid to lie a lot. So I get to the office at seven in the morning. I tend to finish between five and sort of half six. They're not going to train jiu jitsu for two hours and be done about half eight and a lot of cook So you've got half around the evening to Monday to Friday. Where are your offices in the city, right, Okay, So it's like a seven minute cycle for my live four minutes.
Speaker 1: So I, yeah, I don't know if I'm ever going to be aroused again in my life.
Speaker 4: I have to hear that. Clear.
Speaker 1: Can we bring in his book of records and see how many times someone said jujitsu in one sentence?
Speaker 4: So I think we've got a new record.
Speaker 2: The other thing that was so jarring about this guy, which is j yeah, yeah, yeah. The thing that was so jarring about him was how much you referred to being doing philosophy. Right, So when we did get into an argument, like at points we got into various diferent like like beefs. He would always bring him back to what I did philosophy at university, like which just doesn't make any sense. And also like I don't want to be like sound like really vapid, but like if you need to fall back on philosophy like loads to like justify yourself or to like form conversations and fundamentally like you're a bad person.
Speaker 1: I mean, just how busy his day is, Like what are you running from?
Speaker 2: So he had this like crazy robot schedule and so I was just like, well, surely, like you don't even have time to date, Like why are you on dating apps if you've got half an hour like scheduled to eat and even well it's like.
Speaker 1: If you if you want to spend two hours a day doing jiu jitsu, when am I coming?
Speaker 6: That's literally why I'm here because I broke up with my girlfriends and I used to never see her. And I was like all I do is have such a fixed life, right, Okay, you some weird stuff. So this is what's interesting. I was going to buy this field app, which.
Speaker 5: Is right mad and how long have you been on it?
Speaker 4: Four weeks?
Speaker 6: And I've had three people asked to whee on me? What does that mean like to actually piss on me.
Speaker 5: Oh, we.
Speaker 6: Wheel me, No, we urinate on top of me.
Speaker 2: Actually on plas like when you're with them or has that been on the app?
Speaker 6: So first messages?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 5: Can I on you?
Speaker 4: Is that your cup of tea? I've been on Field and is absolutely mud.
Speaker 1: It's mud Field the app is absolutely mud.
Speaker 3: He's the kind of person who's ruining Field.
Speaker 1: Okay, looking at his profile, it's screaming Tory, but it's also screaming like Billabong model.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 3: I do get like you. I'm not sure. I think like Jack Wills, he's the kind.
Speaker 2: Of person that just like hops onto something way after its moment and thinks it's really cool. And so he's probably like never had a conversation with a gay person for longer than like thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: But it's like Field is mad, But.
Speaker 1: I was like, I have been on Field for a while and honestly, no one has asked to pist on me, and I feel quite upset.
Speaker 6: Do you find that you mirror guys you date on your father at all?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I know some people have some people I have definitely, But do you know who Alison Camber is?
Speaker 6: I've heard the name. I don't get into I've had done a philosophy degree. I don't get into politics at load level, like just just kids bickering in a room.
Speaker 5: It's not really a low level.
Speaker 6: It's that came across wrong. I apologize. I like the idea and philosophy behind the concepts of politics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's because you did a philosophy.
Speaker 6: No, I don't take that from my personal opinion, which is probably wrong. I don't know enough about it. There's not much influence in me having thoughts and politics goes on. I think there's world powers and stuff going on which actually changes politics. And we don't live in democracy because.
Speaker 2: It's all just I don't want it's not because actually voting does change shit.
Speaker 6: He had a Cambridge analytica. He's in the movie Brexit Democracies and.
Speaker 5: Look at Brexit.
Speaker 2: If more people had voted Remain, it wouldn't have happened. It was a very close margin, came to conno the whole thing. But if more people voted Romain, it wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 6: I was traveling in Thailand against Spangled.
Speaker 2: He is so daring, My worst kind of person in the world because he's contradicting himself in every way.
Speaker 4: He's not saying anything.
Speaker 3: He's saying nothing.
Speaker 2: He's so ill informed, but uses like philosophy but you haven't mentioned exactly philosophical and not be engaged in real world politics.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Honestly, he's the kind of guy that gets a guitar out out of the after party, Like that's what it's giving.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear wonder wall.
Speaker 2: He told me that he doesn't vote and that it's worse than a red flag. That's like, seriously, like immediately I bought the situation. If somebody tells me that they've never voted.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because also, like what kind of upbringing have you had, Like if you don't feel the need to vote, then you haven't been affected by things that happen.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like the most like insane privilege to be like I've never voted.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If he engaged in the world a bit more, he would have to face the reality, which is that he is a bad person.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you can't just sit in a conversation and say the word philosophy six times. I think that counts as are having a high iq. I've had deeper, more eloquent chats whilst when came in, Oh yeah, big.
Speaker 3: Time with a lamp post.
Speaker 5: And anyway.
Speaker 3: Then I asked him what his type was, What.
Speaker 5: Was his.
Speaker 6: I guess it depends on what your attraction points are, because for me, I don't have a type or a visual attractive point. It's how you think, It's how you interface with people.
Speaker 4: In the world.
Speaker 5: Do you only get with women?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, I have enough. Like like, obviously, being a philosophy student, I've not thought about men in a sexual way, but like I can understand why people find them attractive. Like I've been in a pub with sixty blokes naked, singing Adele at the top of our voices, windmilling to.
Speaker 5: Adele in public in part of the people that's in one of the parts. That's nice. I'm sure that was really pleasurable with everyone else.
Speaker 6: If you have sixty blokes coming to buy ten points each in a pub every week, they're some allowed.
Speaker 2: But that's very much sounding like the sort of like Oxford Brooks version of the Bullingdon Club.
Speaker 6: I know quite a lot of the Bully boys.
Speaker 5: So let's not refer to them as the bully boys. That's very it.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that I know him. I lost my virginity to sixty men in a pub singing adult.
Speaker 4: Whole.
Speaker 3: No, can we just talk about him saying the bully boys?
Speaker 4: What are the bully Boys?
Speaker 2: Well, the Bullingdon Club is a very elitist group of male students at Oxford University, which is like a very like it's the best university in the UK.
Speaker 3: I guess it's like a fraternity.
Speaker 2: And the concept of the Bullingdon Club is the most privileged men in English society, British society, and they like go to say a pub, and what they will do, which is like what he was describing, but much worse, is they will intentionally fuck up the pub, physically assault members of staff because they can, and then throw cash at the end at them to be like, fuck you, we've just fucked up your whole place, but we're so rich that we can just pay for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, the way he talks, he's the person it sounds like he's trying to make you buy shares in his startup.
Speaker 4: Do what I mean?
Speaker 3: No, he's worse than that.
Speaker 2: He's like the kind of person who's obsessed with status but will pretend he isn't, so he's like escape going all of this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what was his relevance for him saying that he's a philosopher in that.
Speaker 2: I'm a philosopher, so I can understand why people want to get with men.
Speaker 1: But it's like, baby, like, you're just saying the title over and over again with actually reading anything on the page. You just repeatedly saying the title of the chapter, just philosophy, philosophy.
Speaker 4: Saying anything.
Speaker 2: He struck me as like a pound shop ex member of the Bullingdon Club.
Speaker 3: So he wasn't quite it where Like in a way I would.
Speaker 2: Have at least rather be on a date with someone who actually knew about politics so we could get into like a raging argument about it. I couldn't even argue with him because he was so ignorant. I think I already hated him at this point, but this was when I really solidified my contempt for this man. He had mentioned earlier on that he knew members of the royal family.
Speaker 4: We've all watched the Crown.
Speaker 3: Then I like brought it back up.
Speaker 2: And was like, so tell me about the time that you had a dinner with a royal member.
Speaker 6: A friend of university who very wealthy, got invited to a twenty first got to dress up as a terrorist in blackface with the goats, which you could you did that? A lot of people could that.
Speaker 5: Did you do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh god, yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 6: No. Everywhere I was saying blackface, I'd say more or less that it was Middle East and between pastis everyone was just dressed.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is awful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is bad.
Speaker 2: Sorry, obviously, Like this is what this is exactly what I mean. Nobody who went to the school that I went to, which was like an inner city London state school, would ever, even at twelve years old, thing that was an appropriate thing to do.
Speaker 6: So how do you deal with confrontation in your relationships? I mean, I'm really well, is it in the sense of you think you're right and the argument's based on your right? For example, with this whole party that I went to, you have strong opinions on that, and this is what.
Speaker 2: That is because I'm right on that, Like it is offensive to dress up as a terrorist as a white person. Yeah, I understand that that's just a black and white like Prince Harry dressing numbers an answer.
Speaker 5: You can see where the line is there.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a ridiculous move from him, but exactly so for them. And I imagine that depends on much you care, depends if you want to be offender as well. Like in the context of the culture we are in right now, I agree it was.
Speaker 5: Then whenever, that was when you were twenty one.
Speaker 6: So what I mean is like before, in the days of witches, if you spoke about spirituality and you're a fifth year a woman in the fucking fourteenth century, you're a witch.
Speaker 5: Exactly I would do it.
Speaker 6: You're normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like I guess like back in like the fifteenth century, if you like had to put your hat, you're a witch. And I guess like nowadays, if you go into black face and go to a party, you are a racist. Yeah yeah, to all in trouble, what kind of comparison?
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: It was like quite mind boggling. I was just like, you're saying so many.
Speaker 2: Words, but you're not making any sense.
Speaker 1: Baby, Like It's like, what kind of brain do you have to have for someone to be like, I think you're a racist and you'd go But there were witches once. I tell you what though, listen to him right now.
Speaker 3: On him if he was fucking on fire him just.
Speaker 1: For my enjoyment, not his, And I'd make sure that I've had loads of barocasas that real yellow piss, that real stale bar no like four day bender.
Speaker 3: Yeah you've been drinking, kid.
Speaker 1: That baby a frosty Jack's piss streaming streaming upon him.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm fully erect.
Speaker 6: Any group. Background will choose the group. They are similar to the safety like rugby boys that you said. Once you get a big group of people together and they create an identity, they have a way of behavior. Yeah, a bunch of rugby lads, all individually nice guys come together, they want to drink, piss and get they can do something. So you learn a behavior through similar people together.
Speaker 5: That's not biology, Ben, Would you not say this.
Speaker 6: Or say that is because the bill is.
Speaker 2: The environment that you've been in where something like that has been normalized.
Speaker 6: But the biology pieces the human being and their brain coming to know because not.
Speaker 5: All rugby white boys end up doing it.
Speaker 6: Don't be aggressive.
Speaker 5: I'm not really aggressive.
Speaker 6: I came across aggressive.
Speaker 2: That's offensive because I have an opinion.
Speaker 5: I'm being aggressive. I'm just sat here calmly.
Speaker 6: Your voice dictates aggression.
Speaker 4: Do you have bullied at school?
Speaker 6: And that's the quite a personal question, the opposite, you're the bully. This is what I do on days. I want to see how you think. I'm trying to figure out how you think you're attractive another honest one, how you think that's it?
Speaker 4: But he's not trying to figure out how you think.
Speaker 1: He's trying to, like silence, how you think he's trying to make you think how he thinks, which is drm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just couldn't handle that. I wasn't agreeing with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're being aggressive.
Speaker 2: No, it is mad because when you listen to my tone hasn't even changed like I'm being I'm talking in exactly the tone the voice that I talk him the whole time.
Speaker 1: Also, I think the most important thing we need to try and analyze in this is how many.
Speaker 4: Rugby boys is he fucked? No? I know he's constantly.
Speaker 1: Being like just like rugby boys hanging out, you know, getting naked, shucking dick and stuff, you know, just like a coxshole.
Speaker 4: You know what it is like? So many ale? Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it. Honestly but truly.
Speaker 1: No, but like such an insufferable man's no honestly the word like do what he is he's like the bad guy in like Bridget Jones, the bad character in like a rom com.
Speaker 4: Like he's like, it's like someone's written the script.
Speaker 2: He just ticked the box for like every kind of or like posh.
Speaker 3: White Englishman behavior.
Speaker 2: Like he was really like one of the worst people that I've like sat opposite in a date.
Speaker 5: Environment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also I love him. You'd be like, that's not biologing. He's like, is it not?
Speaker 4: Is it not?
Speaker 2: Like it's environment He's basically saying that's why people are racist.
Speaker 3: I would say, whether it was.
Speaker 2: Part of the podcast or not, probably the worst date I've ever been on.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I was on this date personally, I would be like, where's Ashton Kutcher because I'm being punk.
Speaker 3: And I wish Ashton Kutcher had.
Speaker 4: Come face all over over. He's so fit man.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say the fittest on the podcast Ashton.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 4: This is a call out to Ashton's people. Yeah, it's Dan again.
Speaker 2: It's Sam for the A. I've got the restraining order. I know if he's the retraining order fell out of his pocket earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but actually in the restraining order it doesn't say that I can't contact him via podcast, So this is what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: No, You're right.
Speaker 2: It was it was like, yeah, so I think. I mean, I've been on dates before. I once when on a date with a guy who told me he didn't vote in the EU referendum, and then when I said why didn't you vote, he said, because I'm just going to vote next year. And that was one of the worst dates I've ever been on and I left after ten minutes. But this was definitely worse than that, because this guy.
Speaker 5: Kieran was just.
Speaker 3: There was everything was wrong.
Speaker 2: And then when he told me I was being aggressive, I was like, I will kill you with my bare hands.
Speaker 1: How can someone be so bad that they need PR just for their life. He's not even a celebrity, but he needs PR just to like be fixing the things he said, he needs media.
Speaker 3: Training honestly, Yeah, before he did this day, he needed.
Speaker 1: Not just philosophy, Yeah, not just years one years of philosophy learning about how he's not gay but he sucks off rugby boys. But one day he understands how.
Speaker 4: Honestly though the worst.
Speaker 5: Next time on twenty eight Dates Later.
Speaker 2: He is a bit of a player, is what I got told that he goes is on a lot of dates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look he's Metis Maxton. That is true.
Speaker 5: You'd all be playing each other.
Speaker 3: We'd be fucking giving each other st d oh no.
Speaker 2: Oh, my girls, see around for me. I'm a savage, can it giving? Twenty eight Dates Later is produced by Novel for iHeartRadio. For more from Novel, visit novel dot Audio. The series is presented by me Grace Campbell, with help from Roz Pursu and Dan White. The producer is Diggrey Wait. The executive producer is Claire Broughton. Our editors are Mithily Raw and Max O'Brien. Production management from Cherie Houston and Charlotte Wall. Willard Foxton is our creative director of Development.
Speaker 1: Novel