Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostick, and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: Definitely feels bullish, right, Romaine. But if you look at the S and P. Five hundred, you actually had more names in the index lower in today's session, two hundred and eighty four to the downside, Katie two hundred and eighteen gaining ground one unchanged.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a similar story when you take a look at the circle and the sectors, because you had more sectors in the red than you did in the green. You can see that right now that tech was a big contributor there to the upside. Healthcare also having a great day, Utilities getting in on the action. But then you take a look at what didn't do to hot communications services, financials, Materials your big loser on the day, but up overall for the benchmark.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was really hot was Lithium America. Guys man, this one was up about twenty three percent, shares rallying after US Secretary of Energy Chris On Bloomberg television, saying that the government.
Speaker 5: Us right where.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 6: Did you see the bioline? Did you guys see the boat.
Speaker 5: It was hiking news right.
Speaker 6: I thought that would be enough.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: I thought that would be enough to get Carol not to do this story today.
Speaker 5: Bury the lead, you bury the biol one.
Speaker 3: But you know, well, it's nice to see you get one, all right. Anyway, the US Energy Secretary yes, talking to Katie and remains, saying that the US government agreed acquire a five percent stake in the company. So well done, well done. Just one week ago, you might remember, is when the story started floating around, and that's when you saw that share price in this name jump almost one hundred percent. It's up about one hundred and thirty percent in the last week. All right, I'm going to jump over. Did you talk to the Nike CEO today.
Speaker 5: By the jit, No, that wasn't us. Actually, well, there's always tomorrow, all right.
Speaker 3: So Nike up about six and a quarter percent in today's session. We broke down a purs something I love competition. Their earnings coming out yesterday after the close, Nike reported first quarter revenue that beat the average analyst estimates. A sign it's focus around specific sports such as running in basketball is starting to pay off.
Speaker 5: They're also working back with retailers.
Speaker 3: We talked to our Pudam Goyle about this and that is a good thing for the company. I was going on, Yeah, I love her, She's like incredible.
Speaker 5: Pfizer.
Speaker 3: We talked about drug makers man on a tear, the group finishing up about five percent overall. Pfizer certainly a beneficiary of the move up.
Speaker 5: This is coming.
Speaker 3: We know that Wall Street had long feared that policies were going to come out of the Trump administration that would impose aggressive drug pricing policies, but those fears largely lay to rest after Pfizer cut that deal with the White House. But we're also hearing it's going to play out to other drug makers. And as I mentioned, we did just see on the Bloomberg Crossing about a half an hour or so ago from Politico that the President is said to be delaying pharma tariffs to negotiate those drug prices, coming from a White House official. And then you mentioned good Rx, which was on another network, and that one. I'm sorry, Finley, I don't have I didn't tell you about this one. But it was up about nineteen percent in today's session. One more name, I'm just going to throw in there is this five or six I lost count ast space mobile.
Speaker 5: I just want to point it out on a tear. You're going to care. We're going to actually be talking to the President tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Up sixteen percent, announcing that yesterday about success with them their satellites. They are deploying satellites, could be a competitor to someday maybe to SpaceX. Barkley's raising its price target to sixty from thirty seven. They are upbeat on the company. So anyway, catch our interview with the president tomorrow. Cheap teas, but I will I will tune into that.
Speaker 6: You should, all right, we'll tune into these decliners.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 6: The worst performer in the S and P five hundred today Corteva, down nine point one percent. The company fell after it announced plans to separate into two independent companies, and it looks like they're failed, failing to convince investors it's going to deliver any value. This separation is expected to be completed in the second half of next year. Investors are worried that the separation creates more volatility for the pesticide business, with shares falling today by nine point one percent. CAW Main Foods. They do eggs, and they are down one point two percent today. This after the company posted first quarter profit in sales that disappointed. It turns out we're just buying fancier eggs.
Speaker 5: Did you hear this? No?
Speaker 7: Go on?
Speaker 6: Consumers are looking for fancier egg varieties, cage free, pasture raised, and organic. They're considered more sustainable. There's a quirk though, with egg pricing and long term contracts, so sometimes specialty varieties can actually be cheaper than conventional ones.
Speaker 5: They are interesting. I just buy egg whites in a box.
Speaker 1: I got a guy in Brooklin, and they're cheaper than in stores.
Speaker 6: Is it pasture, backyard raised Brooklyn eggs?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He just shows up in a van and out the side of the park.
Speaker 5: Soon we just get more and more interesting eggs.
Speaker 6: The eggs are falling off the truck.
Speaker 1: He says, they're all free range.
Speaker 6: Hey, let's finish on. Peloton down three point seven percent today, this after the company raised prices on hardware and membership fees and a product overhaul, new versions of the bike and the tread with a silver screen swivel screen. Excuse me. Price increases include an average month around eleven percent for hardware and nineteen percent for subscription fees. Mark Herman said, investors concern that maybe you could see some churn with these price increases when it comes to those membership prices.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick look and yield. We actually did see a lot of buying activity, primarily lad on the shorter end of the curve that push yields lower across the curve. Seven basis points on the two year yield, about five basis points on your ten year yield. And we should point out if you run the WORP function on your Bloomberg terminal, you will see now that the conviction for further rate cuts this year is now a near certainty. The market pricing in at least one cut as an almost certainty at the end of October when that next meeting happens, and another one almost certainty when the Fed meets for its last meeting on December tenth.
Speaker 3: Super interesting narrative in the market certainly today. Hey, in terms of interesting stories that caught our attention, you know, we talk about celebrity endorsements and what that can do for our product. Well, Serena Williams, she has done an ad campaign with Roe and as a result, it is definitely yes spark demand for the company's weight loss program.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the company CEO, So the company has seen an elevated and consistent ability for William's story to resonate and drive traffic. Since this ad aired in August, consumers should expect to see more from Roe and Williams, which have a multi year partnership, after the campaign led to a spike in web traffic and an influx of new customers. I always wonder how much are these celebrities paid for partnerships like this.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe the question is how much has she invested in it? And of course we know of course Alex o'hanian's a connection to Row as well. But I mean, it just sort of seem reminiscent of what we saw some years back when Oprah teamed up with Weight Watchers. You lost saw that weight and then revealed that she was on the board and actual investor was obviously a public stock, but you saw just how much people gravitated to that company and to that stock. And I know Row wasn't publicly traded, but you wonder if you'll see a similar type of activity.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I will say I see their ads all over the path stations. Charles Barkley, I think is also signed.
Speaker 6: Up there those ads going to still be allowed with the new restrictions coming from the from Health and Human Services. That's the question I have.
Speaker 4: It's a big question and I don't have the answer, but I do want to talk quickly about Amazon here. I thought this was interesting, Amazon launching this food brand, Amazon Grocery.
Speaker 5: Amazon. I know that we only care.
Speaker 4: About Cloud when it comes to the stock, but they have been pushing so hard into food. They have that partnership with when Dixie. They also have been expanding their food delivery, and now they have a private label food brand. So there you go, Amazon taking over.
Speaker 1: Can tell you I find this confusing because I feel like Amazon has sort of gone down this road. I'm talking specifically about their food and grocery strikes.
Speaker 6: You're not the only and there's just so.
Speaker 1: Many brands and so many divisions. I remember sometimes you try to order something on Amazon that's food related, but you have to do it through Fresh or you can only do it through this, and that's I mean, come on, guys just put it all.
Speaker 4: Together well, and they're combining Amazon Fresh and Happy Belly into one. Question.
Speaker 6: You're not the only one who's confused. We we do order our groceries on Amazon. We use the Bold Foods.
Speaker 5: I got some advice for him.
Speaker 6: So if you open the app and you actually click, there are four different places you can order from in the app.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I think you're not the only one who's confused.
Speaker 1: I just give up.
Speaker 5: You guys are cranky, man.
Speaker 1: You know this is why I get my eggs from a guy on the street's confused.
Speaker 5: Exactly. Bring on the farmers' markets too, all right.
Speaker 7: Guys, that's a wrappit the Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Droid Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 5: Mm HM