Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlan, I'm Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 2: And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive, fresh.
Speaker 1: Two untamable intellects. This is our hobby, This is our hell.
Speaker 2: This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog. Today's topics.
Speaker 1: Lisie speaking Insurmountable Admin one K forty eight. Hello, what a delight to see my friends.
Speaker 2: Oh hello, well you know, by the way, look what I'm wearing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna doctor lorda SPF SPF shure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did send this to us. It says PF on it. And as if, as if by clockwork, the a PS man arrives package in hand. No, well, there are two of them. I wonder what it is. I wonder what they are. I swear to God, I think they're hi. It's me.
Speaker 1: What's the percentage?
Speaker 2: What if it's sign only? I'm gonna see if he leaves. Now he's gone. First of all, you know, it's amazing. Imagine this minutes ago, I was getting a massage. The masseuse just left my home and god, wait wait, take a minute with this in home massage. So this is the woman who I've talked about on Pooh before. Over a year ago, she came and give me lymphatic drainage, lymphatic massage. And she comes in and but.
Speaker 1: You're so good at making fucking appointments.
Speaker 2: I can teach you. She and this was, this is like once you start down the path with someone of like wellness or anything. She was like, because I saw her over a year ago and she came in, She's like, I remember you, like your body was so clean because the last timehen I saw her, Because she's like as a very thick accent. She's Brazilian. There's like a lot of stuff that to be honest, I'm just like saying yes to things. I don't know what she's saying. Oh my god, it's so word you bust that out. So Jacqueline just busted out the Dennis Gross red light like neck thing, which I just found well.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking, like, because you were talking about how I mean I know her really just like use the actual full Dennis Gross mask, and I've like seen it on your nightstand and that's how you know, yeah, totally, I can tell it was in use. Yeah, And I was like, I gotta step it up. I picked this thing up. I haven't touched this thing in a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There it is held its chargefully. Yeah. So cool. Anyway, but she said to me, last last time I saw her, she was like, I'm really surprised at how clean your body is. She was like, you really have like no blocks up clean. Yeah, like no blocks like the limph system or whatever, like your energetic pathways. I don't really even know limph something. Yeah, but she was like yeah. And then this time she was like she was like, nothing bad, but like you have new blocks. And she's like she like she immediately it's unbelievable, like when people are just gifted. Like she has my arm there and she just like immediately from starting massage, she goes she touches my arm and she goes right up to this one spot on my arm, presses on it.
Speaker 3: Pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She's like, yeah, you have a blockage right here. And I'm like, ah, okay, she's massaging and she's like, don't worry, Like did you say ow and yeah she said yeah no. No. She was like, I'm not like doubting her. I just want to know the process. She touched me very she immediately went to one spot like on my arm and was like pressing it and I was like ooh. She was like yeah, if you got a block there, she was like it's okay, like it'll you know, it'll go away or whatever. She's like they're not deep, but she was like, yeah, you've got these new blocks. She's like the last eight months. She's like, this one's eight months old. And I was like, that's so interesting because I was like thinking back and I was like the last eight months when things I just have been under unusual dress and I was like that's crazy and so but then she's like, yeah, you got to ask the angels for help. I was like, don't I fucking know it? And she said you need to. Yeah. She was like she was like, don't do it alone. And then she grabbed my throat in this way and she was like, you're not saying something like hurt like my throat. She didn't grab my throat and she was doing like massaging, but she was like something's like you haven't said something to someone or something. And then she yeah, it was cool. But then she's like close your eyes. She's like touching my so much, like what colors do you see? And it's that thing where I'm kind of like, uh, purple, Like, I'm just kind of like yeah, And she's like, you have to eat pear. I was like, okay, she's like you need fruit. She's like, you need to be eating a lot more fruit.
Speaker 1: I was like, total, that's really interesting considering what did I tell you fruit fruit? Well, I love your fruit massively. No, but I was telling you that you need to up the quantities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were, you were.
Speaker 1: And so I just think I was tuned into something.
Speaker 2: By the way, you'll be thrilled to know. Guess what I had for lunch. Plants, strong veggie burgers. We made the mix. Oh my god, you made them. You made the patties. Yeah, well, yeah, because it's it's a mix, right, Huh. You had you had, you had hot water, we added spices whatever. Boom burger patties on English muffin loved it.
Speaker 1: Well, I had okay, amazing. I had plants, strong pancakes, and I vented something what it's called pancake mash okay, and it's I don't I struggle with waiting till the bubbles are in the center of the pancake to flip them.
Speaker 2: That whole thing.
Speaker 1: I really struggle with basically cooking a pancake.
Speaker 2: Well baking because of the weight that gets done out of the oven.
Speaker 1: You have to wait, I mean at least the oven. You you said it and forget it, right, I mean you're standing there with a pan. It's like, I just want it so badly. So I said, well, if these were eggs, I would say fuck it. I'm not making an omelet here. I'm gonna make scramble. I'm gonna push it around the pan to cook it up into I do scrambled eggs often in favor of an omelet, right, yeah, probably prefer what's going on there. So I just started spatula the pancake around the pan.
Speaker 2: May scramble A pancakes scramb co cook cook delicious. I believe it.
Speaker 1: I got I don't look pretty, but don't matter.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 1: She's got a heart of gold. My pancake, mash berries and of course pancakes scramble, Yeah, scrambles.
Speaker 2: One thing we've been.
Speaker 1: Talking about more I'm dying is everything you dream of.
Speaker 2: What about the woman? Well, I'm going to have her back. I'm going to have her back. Well, because then someone use the amount you look at your life. I'm like, oh wow, I had accupuncture on Monday and today lymphatic massage. I believe it. Yeah, but I'm only doing the acupuncture thing. I don't know how long I'll do it. It's kind of like coming out of the egg retrieval, you know. I kind of like gave myself the gift of like, I'm going to do this stuff there retreat. You know, it requires the way you require to give myself a gift. I know it's always got to be well because of blah blah.
Speaker 1: I because you're not someone who thinks it's like wrong to right. I mean, no cheapness, No, I guess it.
Speaker 2: Just it just sounds so extravagant. But I uh but anyway, but the woman, it was great. The massage was great, and she was like, you meditate right. I was like, yep, I haven't ten months, but you know what I mean. But I feel like she was picking it up and she was like, yeah, your body's good at that.
Speaker 1: By the way, I just discovered this sitting here. I haven't tried it yet.
Speaker 2: What what color is at last? No, it's not at last. My favorite ilia blush is outlast.
Speaker 1: It's streamer. Yeah, it's streamer and this is the this is I was very excited about the multi stick with avocado.
Speaker 2: Oil or in May December of the film. Really yeah, that's the blush that Julian Moore uses. I remember because I saw the film like, oh that's Ilia, that's Ilia, folks. And at the premiere they had Ilia and the gift bag folks.
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah, oh yeah, so I imagine.
Speaker 2: I okay, so I got the massage. But it's funny how it goes in your head, right, like oh yeah, I hear these blocks and now suddenly I'm like, oh god, I gotta get the blocks out. It's like people, you can slide into orthorex here pretty quickly, you know what I mean? Mhm, Which is like the fear of like yeah, you're like, it's fine, of course there are blocks. Of course, there are blocks right now that there hadn't been a year ago. You just have to we have to go through different seasons. Sometimes you're gonna have blocks, sometimes you're not. That's okay, doesn't mean anything's wrong, but I want the blocks out.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no point in going to acupuncture or a lymphatic person if there are new blocks. You know, what you want. You want to hear there's something to fix.
Speaker 2: Oh, I told her because my friend, my fancy friend, recommended this lymph massage woman, and I texted my friend. I was like, oh, I got new blocks. Whatever. She goes see her in two weeks, they'll be gone. In other news, we were asking about electronic toothbrushes and a hag reached out and said with a message so detailed, I thought, does this hag work for this brand? By the way, who cares? But they're like the electronic toothbrush you need a Surrey. I reached out to Surrey. They're sending them very sleek, kind of gentrified electronic toothbrush. You know they still end an air one. Now you're joking, I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: That is the toothbrush you've seen as an end cap An aisle cap An one.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, I had no idea forty days it was saying charge that's cool.
Speaker 1: It was poog corner as fulfilled. Oh get you going, what color toothbrush you want? Okay? Me like so in the middle of something right, but was still able to take a quick glance at the Surrey that you link to it right back.
Speaker 2: Winter Fern that's what and that's when I want to I responded to winter Ferns, please, I love it. Blue Land also reached out because I was baking for blue Land, which is great too. You got to send me a blue Land.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I meant I meant to send you. I mean, like at all, well until you got blue Land. I've been using the dishwasher tablets. As we all know, my life has changed out of being a dishwasher user. Yeah, okay, so my other things in there too, Like what wait, let me look, because that's kind of exciting for you. I'm just trying to think of other things that dishwasher can.
Speaker 2: What else I'm putting a dishwasher?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, all right, well, like here's an example, the scrub brushes used to clean your dishes.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, okay, that's that's new information.
Speaker 1: Or I like to throw the like the mesh drain you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, the drain thing in there, the.
Speaker 1: Drain thing that catches the ship. Throw that in there, keep that nice and fresh.
Speaker 2: Yeah amazing.
Speaker 1: And I know there's other ones.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 1: Do you sort You're like, do you put the forks in with the forks?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, uh, wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: So as you're loading utensils into the dishwasher, right, you just throw them in there in the.
Speaker 2: This this dishwasher has like a little thing where you put a single utensil in like a hole. It's like a holder, so you like, you can't just throw them in. Unfortunately, each one gets a.
Speaker 1: Hold, I mean each one, one one one, Yeah, each single fork, yeah, gets like a shoulder. Is it challenging?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Does it knock have to knock in at both sides? Like no, it's just like allow to ask. It's kind of it's hard for me to describe. I don't do well with spatial configurations. Interesting.
Speaker 2: I excel at abstract geometry one thing. And I texted you today and you kind of you kind of helped me through it yesterday and today's shocking mood, danger, wanting to rip people's heads off, not yelling at anyone, but just internal fury. Everything being so hard where I go, it's impossible. Just there's just insurmountable tasks, insurmountable admin self loading and not being able to mail a single form and being emailed every four days by a company. Hey, can you get that form? Out in the mail today. A week later, Hey, checking back on the form in the mail today. I haven't mailed in years.
Speaker 1: It's it's impossible, you know, we were sent something that I actually did start using. I just want to say, and have had some success with, which is what I think it might still be in beta duck Bill. What the fuck is that we were sent this? We each got in a count okay, and it does tasks for you. And I think the full version of it long term is you know, someone signs up for like I think like ninety nine dollars a month or something. Okay, I forget do your own research, you know, not that here. But and it's I think it's like just unlimited tasks. Okay. So for example, I've been testing the system, okay, and you know, you write in a little chat message like and I'm just like, like, so these things that have been hanging over me, like one of my little gimbals, my DGI Osmo gimbal camera that has had a problem for like a long time, and I just like can't bring myself and I'm like called Sammy's camera store and ask them if they will rehabilitate my osmo. You know, Yeah, and if not, what do I do? They did it?
Speaker 2: They would have invY did.
Speaker 1: The next thing. I know. They're like like, AI did it, Well, this is the service. So they got like a team of no, they got like a team of people slash ais is as far as I can tell, Okay, So they're like I think what they're doing is I think it's I'm going to ask them how it works, because that's the feeling I get. So I'm like, I'm like, so I literally had to make doctor's appointments. No, okay, and it worked and like annoy me, like like they're texting or like the messages is coming through the app and they're like they're like, hey, so like here are two you know, gynecologists you know, you know, and I'm like I'm like, are they good? And it's like it's like this one, you know, is this this and this. But some people there's been there are mixed reviews when you look at it under da da da, you know, like but this other one, you know, he's been working, he's been uh for forty five years, and a lot of people seem to really like, you know, I'm like book it what okay? Okay, So I've gone to one doctor's appointment. I have two more on the books good for you because of phone call avoidance.
Speaker 2: That's so.
Speaker 1: Then they reached out to say how is duck Bill going? And I'm like, it's been seamlessly integrated in my life, terrified that like the membership is going to like end on me before fully tested.
Speaker 2: Thank you for I'm writing down duck Bill. It's a huge ad.
Speaker 1: Then I was like, what else did I ask them to do? I was like trying to test the balance. I was like, create a graphic for me, like like utilizing the media media, the brand bible of getting your knees.
Speaker 2: Well, because that's the AI element, like Texas.
Speaker 1: I mean, technically, I don't know. It seems like it. I really don't know how it works. They say, because I know that there are humans. I think they're called co pilots or something. But I think it's I'm not really sure what's going on. I will report more, but I can't lie and say it hasn't helped me.
Speaker 2: So that's massive in my book. I have a fixation on finding a protein powder that's tasty and I don't care if it's I don't care what's in it. Here's a question, why, man, I care what protein? Why am I looking for protein? Because I'm obsessed with this. I know it's I know it's all over, but thirty grams of protein in the morning, I believe it. I really feel a different. So did you get the protein? Just the internet in a natural path? Interesting that women need thirty creams grams of protein in the morning.
Speaker 1: I mean you might want to do a little reading on perfect amino the powder that one, remember I told you that's the one that tells you what is it? Perfect amino body health, Perfect amino. That's what I'm on. I actually got an affiliate link or or like.
Speaker 2: All use it. You should drop that. It tastes really bad.
Speaker 1: It the taste is kind of I mean, I don't mind it, but you blended into you suggest and stuff. No, you actually don't because you have it plain Okay, because in water. The idea of it is the yeah, amino acids. It's the exact right ratio of amino acids. Okay, the building blocks, right, it has like all of them protein. You eat them without any other food, so there's no tetris blocks left out of the mix.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: This is like the problem with other forms of protein. So they're like, according to this, you know, guy who's too red?
Speaker 2: Hang on, I want to be clear. You drink it in plain water on an empty stomach. Yeah, and then you can eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How long have you been privately doing this? Probably check the record. I know how long I've been pushing.
Speaker 1: I've been pushing it for ages. Well I fell off for a little bit. I sort of spaced out, but but probably several months I was so I like to use it.
Speaker 2: Astonished how much protein for serving I bought. I put out a pocket for the perfect Amino's reds the red right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that there's a protein in that. I don't think, no, that that's what it is. The protein is protein is built of amino acids. Okay. This is like the thing. It's like there's a lot of myths out there about protein.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: There's even a book out there called like protein Aholics or whatever. Okay, and it's like we have these ideas, you know, you know, the whole thing also like like we can't build muscle without whatever eating like an animal's muscle. And it's like it's like this is like you know, plant based sort of information where they're like have you seen you know, an elephant or whatever. Have you seen total the biggest, strongest. Have you seen a cow?
Speaker 2: What is it? Any grass? Right?
Speaker 1: And it's more muscular than you. So there's like this anyway, perfect amino guy because he was searching for the perfect protein. To me, no, because he was like a childhood vegan.
Speaker 2: Like I want to be clear. If perfect send a hall to us, this will all be wiped from the episode and I'll see to it.
Speaker 1: You can just yeah, block out the friend name anger till until it's it's time. But I got to get on.
Speaker 2: I'm talking in this register, and I want to apologize to everyone.
Speaker 1: Celsius sent us, and so I I have. I'm back on Celsius. We've got to be a Celsius based pool. You guys, we got sent three palettes of Celsius. No, no, no, no, not palettes. Wait oh no, oh no what For years you've been saying palettes about things.
Speaker 2: What's the word? What's the word?
Speaker 1: No? No, the word is right. But to me, a palette like like when they're shipping you know they're shipping something right, like product like massive amount of product. Right, you're really saying palette. Technically palettes as far as I understand, are like four and a half feet by four and a half.
Speaker 2: Feet because would slats, there's two layers.
Speaker 1: You've seen them. People make coffee tables out of them, the whole thing. Yeah, So every time you've been like, yeah, I ordered a palette of you know, Mountain Valley to my home or whatever, that's what I've been picturing. And now I'm realizing that what we got right was a small case a cardboard box twelve inches by eight of celsius, three of those generous amount.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So all I'm saying is you're saying three palettes, they might be picturing something that's four feet by five feet when in fact it's eight inches by twelve inches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my thing.
Speaker 1: Like if you got a twelve pack retroplectively, yeah, I think it's actually twenty four. I think it's twenty four, hey, four times six and come picturing in my mind.
Speaker 2: I tried to do a row of that. We tried to do a basic multiplication the other day. I think it was what was it It was four times twenty one maybe, and I was trying to really visualize it. Couldn't do it. How do you let me see? I can do your effort. Let me see what I can do right now? Yeah, four times twenty one? Hand but talk talk Okayay, First I want to cheat the system and go, what's two times four eight?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Here's my first guest. Here's my first guest. Hand on. Okay, here's my first guest. What is it? Four times twenty one? Okay? On one second? Is it eighty four? Do it out loud? Is it eighty four? The whole point is to is it eighty four? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, do thinking out loud. Let's try another one two times thirty six. Okay, do it out loud. Don't whisper it this time?
Speaker 2: Okakay? So then I go two times thirty six. It's thirty six plus thirty six, So to carry the one seventy? No? Ok did I get it? Did I get it?
Speaker 1: No? I'm I'm I'm horrified that you're so. I mean, this is just this is why?
Speaker 2: But did I education?
Speaker 1: I'm like And by the way, I I have my own I have my own like you just did this.
Speaker 2: With You want me to you want me to call it out, spell out the system.
Speaker 1: Exactly what you're doing. Yeah, because what did I give you, what was the assignment.
Speaker 2: Two times thirty thirty six? So I did six plus six is twelve. I put a two there. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I put a two there carried the wiring and one. But you're visually, you're.
Speaker 2: Visualizing it three plus three. Now I feel like a genius holding my head. Look at this, you're three plus three, six plus one seven seventy two. Wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but so give me one. You did it. You did it with pencil and paper, I mean your head is my point.
Speaker 2: I did it in my head with pencil and paper in my head. Yeah, yeah. Or the other one I did differently? Whatever one that was? Yeah, I felt like I was cheating the system. It was what was it?
Speaker 1: This is I can understand cheating the system. This is huge, okay. Next four episod that they're devoted to this numbers and how we deal with them in our head cannot be overstated as one of my primary interests. Okay, because I have my own psychoses around these things, but I become very conscious of them and try to fix themself. I can also, you know, succeed at the SATs because I look at these people around me and I go, I don't believe you're more intelligent than me. I believe you locked in on a very specific way of doing a problem instead of thirty different ways of doing a problem. Right, and your limited thinking is actually serving you now and so right anyway, okay, so hold on, will you talk about how you did the other one?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: Four? Comes twenty one?
Speaker 2: So I saw four twenty ones in a row. So all I have to do is add up the twos. That's eight and then they're the ones right there. That's four of them. So eighty four. That's a really easy one.
Speaker 1: Nice Give me how one did you see them?
Speaker 2: I saw them stack. Write it down the time, so I don't forget. I saw them stack.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you saw and you saw the numbers like written, yep, not not beans, not you know, not beans. I saw the numbers all right, nine times thirty six.
Speaker 2: Oh I like this a little bit of it. And he wants to play tough. I like that nine times thirty six. Okay, here we go. So this one I go crazy because I go, it's not beans. I can't stack them up. I can't stack up nine thirty six. Is that's too hard? So what I'm gonna do is I do thirty six times nine, So nine times six, by the way, already stumped, completely fucking stumped on what nine times six is. Yeah, yeah, nine times six is not going down easy for me.
Speaker 1: So wait, but what I'm hearing and what I'm hearing, I just want to make sure are you doing it in your head again?
Speaker 2: Over a line? Are you putting nine on the bottom in thirty six? Yeah? Nine times talking about who the fuck knows that? Thirty four? Okay? Are you serious? Except for memorizing? Is that from like, are you going back to child him? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's from memorizing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's absolutely from memorized. So you're the language way.
Speaker 1: The multiplication table is from memorizing. I'm not I'm not doing the more, not like saying what Yeah, but what I could sit there and do if I really wanted to write, is go like, because what were we talking about?
Speaker 2: Nine times six? Nine times six? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really tough, But let's just play this out nine times six? Okay, you know it's fifty four now, now what are you going to do with that?
Speaker 2: I'm not screwed. What was the original question?
Speaker 1: Nine times thirty six?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So fifty four? God, this is hard. I can't hold in my head. So the four goes down there. See, yeah you're drawing, and I lost it again. I lost it again. Yeah you're drawing in your head. This is a mistake. Well no, not a mistake, but it's like I can't hold on. It's like and no one can. I mean some people can, I guess, but that's like a totally different skill, see what I'm saying. Yeah, so I can't help it. Feel that you were robbed, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, Like, yeah, like that wasn't the way to do it.
Speaker 1: You're yeah, there's a way, there's a there's a now. I do feel like once you get out of school, depending on kind of you know, there can be a quick and dirty fashion that develops that like isn't the best and you just but you're used to it, so you do it.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I have some of those, like like the options, like like technically speaking, what do I do if right now I go nine times thirty six now because they're listening, there's like an inherent panic and I'm self conscious and so I don't know what I'd really do in life makes sense, But like I'm trying to you know, like have an impressive version. So let me like try to just like be real right now. If I'm like really quickly, let me do it. Okay, I'm like because I'm almost panicking and starting to think of like what someone else might do. Yeah, for example, so nine times thirty six. Right, Well, here's a question. Right, It's like, let me just go like rogue go ten times ten times thirty six.
Speaker 2: You know what that is? There's baby right, hm, there's this kind what'd you say? My wrong? Three sixty thirty six hundred, three thousand, six hundred my wrong? Fuck? Oh thirty six hundred.
Speaker 1: Three sixty three sixty three sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I know, I know. I didn't know by okay about a jack zero? Right? Wait, hang on, hang on. Three hundred and sixty times ten is three.
Speaker 1: Let's wait, let's play this out. Hold on, Hold okay, it's gonna be huge for you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Thirty six times.
Speaker 2: Ten, three hundred and sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, three hundred and sixty times ten thirty six hundred mm okay, thirty six hundred times ten.
Speaker 2: You won't play hardball three hundred and sixty.
Speaker 1: Thousand, No, okay, So I just said, what did I say three thousand, six hundred right times ten?
Speaker 2: Hang, okay, three three three? I feel like I lost it.
Speaker 1: Three thousand, six hundred right, So did you notice a pattern with the other two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, more zeros? What was it? Adding zero? Was it got? It got bigger? Yeah? Yeah? Bye? One hundred is no?
Speaker 1: No, no, don't answer what you think is right. Just just just just trust yourself. Bigger zero thirty six right times ten? Add a zero thirty six times ten two zeros? Yeah, okay, and then three zero zero three zeros.
Speaker 2: And on we go, so it'll become millionaires.
Speaker 1: And so let's see if you can get the answer. Now, okay, the question three thousand, six hundred times ten.
Speaker 2: Here's what I mean? Hundred and sixty thousand?
Speaker 1: No, hold on thirty six hundred suggest that was what we started with? Times ten?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay? So yeah, wait is it a random number like thirty eight? Wait? No, hold on to figure three hundreds sixty body? What was the question three thousand, six hundred times ten? Yeah? And do you have a pencil? No, I'm using my finger. Three thousand, okay, six hundred times ten? Uh huh?
Speaker 1: And what do we do when we're timsing? By ten, What do we learn we do at a zero? You had it before? Yes, so so now I'm gonna tell you something. I know you have your brain.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, thank god?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, cool, Okay.
Speaker 1: Now I would argue because those numbers as artists, okay, have emotional qualities to them. And I would say three thousand, six hundred even has a different quality than thirty six hundred. Right, oh yeah when articulated, even though there's two hundred.
Speaker 2: Sexy, three thousand, six hundred is you're in the mud. Your counting pennies?
Speaker 1: Interesting, well, fifteen hundred or one thousand, five hundred I prefer really did under context?
Speaker 2: Right yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like we're not over selling it. Like I said one K the other day about something and sexy. People were like, I've never heard.
Speaker 2: Versus anyone one K because one like.
Speaker 1: It's a situation. I was like, they're giving me one K. It was poverty one K.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like really amazing, It's like it makes one K. It's like one K, you know what I mean. Like because people people, well.
Speaker 1: It's like if you're talking K, if you're talking K, you're talking talking about where are we talking about k.
Speaker 2: We're talking about thousands of people. Yeah, you're like eight hundred and fifty K versus one k, like ten K. Well here's what blow your mind? Yeah, a million dollars. Well, here we go.
Speaker 1: Now you want to play the game, see, Kate, this is where shit gets real. Okay, talking about like gonna buy a house or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we're playing this out now.
Speaker 1: What I wanted to say and what I wanted to offer you is that when you're sitting there with the thirty six hundred, right, what are you picturing in your head three Comma six zero.
Speaker 2: Zero or no, three Comma six zero zero, yeah, and we're.
Speaker 1: Going at a zero right, that whole game we were playing for a few minutes right at a zero, yeah, and that was stopping you. Something was not computing there, right, And it's almost like I believe it's because in your head you have the shape of like three Comma six zero zero, right, and the six zero zero is like this block on the side there, and when you try to add a zero to it doesn't something like fuck up in your head? Right, Yeah, it doesn't seem right. The zeros all blur together, And it's because we when we quote add a zero. We usually have to move the fucking comma over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the trauma. Oh it sucks. Okay, so you're not so.
Speaker 1: I was going to tell you if you were going to write it down, you know, with your finger without commas, I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, that's great, it's a great get rid of it. It's a great tip.
Speaker 1: And then stare at it and go, if I was looking at this number, where would put the comment? Okay, now I know how to say it.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: But like so like I panic right in the moment, I go nine times thirty six, right, and I start to go, well, what if I did ten times thirty six in this experiment?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And that's three sixty right? And then I go and then I could subtract one thirty six from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: But I hate subtraction. But we'll talk about that. Right. But that's not very pleasant, right, that's sort of like, oh, well, now it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Where does it start? Okay, this is a big question. Twelve minus four? Arguably I got it to stay with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know exactly what your issue here is?
Speaker 2: Is it? Eight is the answer? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, what was the question again, Yeah, where does it start? Forgot where we were coming from? Twelve minus four twelves a whole thing. I know exactly, do you get it right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know. Before you're saying anything, I know exactly what you mean. Okay, And this is and this is, this is once again, this is. I will argue this ship for the rest of my life because this is my personal chip on my shoulder. Okay, you and I are suffering as a result of our genius.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I love this.
Speaker 1: No, thank you, okay, Okay. So there's there's two things going on with this. There's the number line, right, there's this line, and along the way there are these demarcations almost of of what twelve is, right, yeah, yeah, And it's confusing because it's like started zero, then the first line you get one, and then you get two. But how is that a quantity? Like if you had twelve beans. It's confusing because a bean takes up space where a line is like a point along Yeah, point along the line. Yeah, okay, it's it's it's it's off. It's like there was this brain teaser about books on a shelf and how many you could fit in a certain space, and there was like something about that. It was fucked up and it tricked this exact part of the brain. The point is, so, yeah, you're going where does it start at the end.
Speaker 2: Of a twelve? Yes? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, or sort of at the beginning of the demarcation totally, And I believe you have a number line, but instead of it being a single line with marks, you have this. You're combining the two things into one thing, and you have almost a line. But in that line you have where twelve is.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 1: A block that takes up space. It's like so it's like where where within it's almost like twelve minus twelve? Okay? What would almost trick you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly? Well is there one one? Almost? Like there it is? Yeah? No, I mean I mean zero to one? You want to talk about zero to one? When does one start the second after zero? You know what I mean? Like space, there's a zero.
Speaker 1: This is exactly it is one.
Speaker 2: I feel so seen.
Speaker 1: I feel so seen. O, Kate, I know this is like I could weep. Okay, I feel it because there are people who have to cry. Okay, there are people like there are people who could hear this, Okay, yeah, and and be astounded okay, in like horror by our confusion, yeah, by questioning this, yeah, or like not understanding you know, they would perceive an absence of brain power in favor of an excess. Dare I say, Yeah, I'm not saying everyone who can who can do them, you know, because this can be a stigma too, like oh, you're good at you're good at math, so like you have no soul or something you know, not we're not talking about place. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, this is huge.
Speaker 2: So let's just say it. This is worth nine episodes, don't you dare? Leave it?
Speaker 1: Okay, and trust me, I know what's good and what's good talk. So so you're going, what's the space between zero and one?
Speaker 2: Right? When does one start?
Speaker 1: So if you're at zero, okay, and now you are and now are you on a number line? Kind of are you in a line?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of saying, like I I get really confused too, like rulers like eleven inches, like.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like the little like how zero is at the end, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly like on a zero exactly.
Speaker 1: The end of the ruler.
Speaker 2: What's what's on the end of the end of the zero. Well, here we go. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: See this is education because this is what if a child if you pose that question, okay, then it would be time for the unit where we go into negative numbers. Okay, yeah, because you'd actually ask the question and you've produced day there's an absence, what what could it be? Yeah, and then they would give you the answer and you would go, yes, that does solve it, I believe, okay. And it's like so like on the ruler, right, be like two one and then zero. You're at the end of the ruler and you're saying, what's beyond?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Negative one? Yeah, negative two, right right right into hell. But the yeah, it's like or it's like noy, come for care, right, four hours? Yeah, what's four hours? Six to nine? No? No, no, that's wrong, six to ten, that's.
Speaker 1: Three k same issue, see right, same issue exactly. Okay, So when does the start is a big fucker okay with this this ship? Okay, time, Well, are you ready when to get really fucked up? I mean the fact that time is on the the sixty oh instead of on one hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they fucked us with that.
Speaker 1: The fact that it's not in ninety seventy five and time to go to dinner because dinner is at seven. Oh it's not six seventy five, because dinner's at that is six seventy by.
Speaker 2: The way, straight up, mean the six eighty isn't a time? Come over at six eighty? Yeah, well six eighty. We'll take ten minutes to walk there, so we're fine because then we'll have another ten minutes. Yeah exactly. Okay, okay, it's just checking the we just started doing. I started doing that right now. You know what time it is right now, four ninety five exactly. Yeah, actually it's four ninety.
Speaker 1: So there are times where I'll apply the time thing to I'll accidentally apply the time thing to just regular quantity. Yeah, where I'm like, you know, I'm like almost like, oh, like, you know, you gave me thirty thirty beans. Out of the entire thing of beans, there must be thirty left. I mean, that's not quite it. But I know what's happened. I know there's been so so here's a huge one that is just you know, this is just language. But three days like three days before your appointment, stop you know, putting retinol on your face.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you mean three days. Yeah, if it's on Friday, four hours? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or are we counting number line versus quantity appears yet again?
Speaker 2: It's so crazy, see that hours you're asleep? So count all right?
Speaker 1: Six times fifteen?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know what I wanted to do? Well, five times fifteen. That's easier. So here's my question.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well that's because you're drawing it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, I have to.
Speaker 1: Write down what the what the problem I've posed is. I'm not I'm not doing the math five because I'll.
Speaker 2: Forget seventy five. That's my first question. So five times fifteen is seventy five? Could I just add six seventy six, seventy eight, seventy nine eighty eighty one is the answer? Eighty one?
Speaker 1: So you what you did? You added six instead of adding another fifteen? You forgot where were counting fifteens? I'm saying right, So let me just write down the original question. The original question was six times fifteen, right, ok So you were going for whatever reason, five times fifteen feels it's easier to.
Speaker 2: Go five times fifteen seventy five?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So could I add now? Why? Why?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Could I add ten to what? Oh wait, seventy five? Eighty five? Is the answer eighty five? If it is, that's crazy? Is it eighty five? Wait? Wait?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm panicking. Wait what was the original question? Was it five times fifteen?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, wait wait what was it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait wait hold on? You had a six six times fifteen?
Speaker 1: Was the original question?
Speaker 2: Right? No? Right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes? Is it is the answer times fifteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me just before before we go there, can I just do what I'm doing in my head? And I'm hoping the answer. I'm hoping the question was six fifteen, but I mean six times fifteen. I think it was. Yea, it was because you then said five times fifteens easier, and then you try to add a six to it to bring us around home.
Speaker 2: At the end, we needed to.
Speaker 1: Add a fifteen to it, but you added six, So therefore there's nine more. There's nine more you left on the table. Okay, I think so what was your original?
Speaker 2: Uh? Was your what was your original? Said? Si? I got excited. I'm just joking.
Speaker 1: This is obviously not the worst eighty But no, it's no way if it's six times fifteen. Okay, well know what I do. So six times fifteen, I go, we got tens and we got fives, right, I go, I go, six times ten gets me to sixty.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: And then I go, six times five is thirty, and now we're at ninety.
Speaker 2: The answer is ninety. No way, that's crazy. Did not see that one coming away.
Speaker 1: So here's the other thing I want to point out really quick. Okay, you're still with me, all right? You ready? Because when you said is it eighty one or whatever?
Speaker 2: You said, okay, by the way.
Speaker 1: What about when we're doing the twenty five and you were like, You're like, is it like like or like we were doing we were doing thirty six times ten times one hundred whatever, and then you were like, is this something random?
Speaker 2: Like thirty eight?
Speaker 1: Hysterical? Okay, But so you're like doing all this in your head, you're like eighty one, and I think one of your issues, right, would be a block if I were your teacher, Yeah, would be you you go impatient and you hope that maybe you've landed on it. Yeah, totally, I get very asking you want the answer is that it though?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's it, even though you don't quite know why it's it.
Speaker 2: You let go. I'm done. Yeah, totally, totally, totally built. Day has charged.
Speaker 1: But when we're talking about six times fifteen, I think is what we're talking about, right and so and you go eighty one, Okay. What I think you're missing is that, however many fifteen's you add up, you're always going to be on a five or zero.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm talking about or not? Really?
Speaker 1: So fifteen plus fifteen.
Speaker 2: I got this thirty on my favorites. Actually, fifteen plus fifteen has always been a real anchor for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wonder if that's because of the hours. That's why quarter hour, half hour? Okay, it feels familiar. So fifteen So fifteen plus fifteen thirty? Right now, if you had dad another fifteen ano that what's happening here?
Speaker 2: Okay? Fifteen five magically appears at the bottom. Would you ask fifteen what was it? Thirty? The plus fifteen?
Speaker 1: I want to move you. I want to move you away from drawing doing those you were asking for. Fifteen plus thirty conceptually, is that the question? Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Then I would go it's forty five, it's actually a really easy one.
Speaker 1: Okay, because because you're at a half hour, you're at a half hour, and you're gonna add fifteen minutes, right, you know you're at forty five, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So did you ever learn like the multiples? Did you ever learn the multiples? Like, we're gonna do multiples of five, five, ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty five, thirty, thirty five, forty forty five fifth.
Speaker 2: Of course that's a song and dance from the olden days.
Speaker 1: That you could you could sing? Yeah, yeah, could you do multiples of two?
Speaker 2: Probably? What I remember something to dance thirty one is any times zine eighty one? Yes, that one always stuck in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so to me, those are like those multiples are like their own just story that absent of meaning, they hold like kind of get a vibe for them. So I've always felt like like there's there's some that just worked for me and some that don't.
Speaker 2: But Kate, could you do.
Speaker 1: Let's do multiples of fifteen just for a second, fifteen there comes next? If you have another fifteen.
Speaker 2: Thirty then forty five nunder fifteen? Is it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I one?
Speaker 2: Uh oh forty five sixty yeah, sixty five no, no, sixty seventy.
Speaker 1: So let's start with you need to feel it fIF Wait wait, fifteen fifth, thirteen, thirty forty five, six sixty picture it? Are you saying sixty seventy five, seventy five eighty?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: You're doing multiples of five?
Speaker 2: Wait? Seventy five, fifty, ninety, seventy five, ninety right, huhm, seventy five goes to ninety sixty. Oh wait, multiples fifteens.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so sixty goes to seventy five, goes to ninety.
Speaker 2: It goes to one hundred and five. No, no, one hundred ten, No, no, no, can't be one of five, one of five.
Speaker 1: It's what were you doing?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Fifteen thirty, forty five, sixty, seventy five, ninety, one hundred and five.
Speaker 2: See, this is where it starts to get a little whack. This is where flying a part of me funky.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's just let's just take it back of it. Okay, multiples of twelve twelve?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm starting to shut down math wise.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll move off in one second, but let's just crush through for a second as an experiment.
Speaker 2: Twelve yep twelve or twenty four is a.
Speaker 1: Classic, a classic now and then I start to get little now into some troubled waters. Yeah, so then you go add another twelve to twenty four. How would you approach that not drying? Not drying conceptually the meaning of it? I gowans twelve beans thirty four?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, what got you ten? More? Right? We're adding twelve to twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and you added ten and you got to thirty four, can't you know?
Speaker 2: It's like I can tell this is good for my brain because you can feel it hurting. It hurts. All right, we'll move on great today and tell me what twenty four is. Tell me what twenty four plus twelve is.
Speaker 1: So I'm not going to give you the answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, why walking through it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take you through it according to your I'm going to take it through at thirty that's a memorization.
Speaker 2: I got way, I got I got I can do this, I can do this. Thirty six. I know you got it? Yeah, thirty six. And by the way, I knew that, and inherently I knew that right in that other way.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, I was trying to do it right.
Speaker 2: This you'll like this. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now you're in thirty six, and let's say you're gonna add another twelve. No, no, because you've got in this habit of adding ten plus two. I think you'll be able to fucking knock this out.
Speaker 2: Okay, for it. You'll be good for a couple. Are you ready check this out? Okay?
Speaker 1: So twenty four you added ten plus two, right, Yeah, you added the ten to the two to thirty four plus two six?
Speaker 2: Right, you got to thirty six. Just stay with me.
Speaker 1: This is the last one, I swear, Okay, because this could be breaked through. Okay, Okay, if you have thirty six, lock into thirty six field thirty six, okay, picturing it. You can't forget it. Okay, you're gonna add twelve to that using the same strategy. So you got from twenty four to thirty six is.
Speaker 2: Just eight.
Speaker 1: You got from wait, wait, wait, thirty What did I get?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Kate, you're doing really good. Okay, but you're really close. Okay, But because the eight is correct, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay. So so you're at.
Speaker 1: Thirty six, you're gonna add ten then and then add two thirty six. You go forty eight. The two is forty eight. Yes, and then let's say you had to do it again. You've got another mouthful of twelve, but just because you're learning. Wait one second, so you're at forty eight, right, and I go add twelve strategy.
Speaker 2: It's gonna go crazy, though.
Speaker 1: I don't panic, I know, don't. Okay, just try it for a second. Forty eight four?
Speaker 2: Kay, I get to plus twelve fifty five there somewhere. Wait, wait, you're forty eight.
Speaker 1: You're at forty eight zero. Okay, nineteen forty eight, you're nineteen four.
Speaker 2: That helps, That helps, That helps again twelve years later. But that's cheating.
Speaker 1: It's like ten years later and two years later.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Six kay, ten years and two sixty okay, so hold on, No, nineteen forty eight plus ten right, fifty eight? You got to what fifty eight plus two sixty nineteen sixty?
Speaker 2: I did get it? Yes, God, that was hard. Thank you. You're a really sweet tutor.
Speaker 1: I think you learned a lot.
Speaker 2: You're a really sweet tutor. Wow wow wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, imagine how satisfied. If that was my job, I'd go home, the head off to dinner, and I'm like she was right. She was right there, like except for the panic, like like she's got it.
Speaker 2: You were really I felt in that moment like you really knew I could get it, and I didn't feel shame.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's one hundred percent essential because you shouldn't because I know you're doing things in your mind. I can guess some of them because some of them are how I think I knew. I was like, that's why I was like, we're gonna go for gold here, because this one's gonna when you're gonna add too, you're gonna get a zero. You're gonna be at the fucking borderline here. Yeah, but you fucking did it. You're in your mind. It's it's just extra. It's a fucking you got. We're gonna heal the fucking nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're gonna heal the baby.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: That really felt.
Speaker 1: I feel electrified, first of all, by I really feel like that who yeah, And and like I'm speaking to you because I am you, Like I just I'm you, plus a burning desire. Two like you were able to at some point be like L O L doesn't matter show yeah, So I need to show timmy you know so, So I love this dual existence of like I'm both you and I'm on the other side of.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've got one foot in, one foot out. It's interesting. Yeah, and you know, in some ways I enview you know, I just shut it out for not needing to master something, just to prove to the self. You know.
Speaker 2: That you Yeah, I don't struggle with that. I'd say to a fault perhaps, Okay, Well that was a real that was a real challenge. I love you for it. I love you. I love you. That was Poog. If you enjoyed Poog, please subscribe, rate and review. If not, we will press charges. Pooh is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartRadio Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Creative and hosted by Cape Berlin and Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 2: Executive produced by Lyra Smith, edited mixed by Ali Graham, Music by Theta Hamil, artwork by Robert Baby.
Speaker 1: Follow Poog on Instagram at Poog podcast, or on TikTok at this is Poog.