Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's like searching FSR oh.
Speaker 1: I think a vampire. It's so brighton here. It's freezing Coveno and Rich in for the Great Dan Patrick, and I figured I'd start off with a nice complaint to get it going, because who really loves a Monday. However, it's not just any Monday's Labor day, Monday Day, So I hope you're enjoying your extended weekend freezing in here. By the way, I did they set it for football weather in the studio here at Fox Sports Radio. It makes it so unwelcoming and so hard to feel comfortable. Charity five below zero, and I see it on the wall, says Soldier Field conditions.
Speaker 2: Seriously, December, realize, Covino, you don't have to be in the bright lights this morning. Turn those lights all the way down because Spotty's gone. The other video guys couldn't make the holiday so we are actually not on our YouTube channel for one day only.
Speaker 1: And that smooth, buttery voice making all those good points. That's great analysis. Danny is Danny G.
Speaker 2: Turn the lights down.
Speaker 1: He's on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox, the most inclusive show on radio begins now before we get in for Dan Patrick, really dive into the weekend. By the way, hope you had a Lee Corso Ohio state sort of weekend, not an arch manning Alabama sort? Why are you google imaging Lee course looking for a new wallpaper? Wanted to see he went out on a high note. All his predictions were right, so I wanted to see all the games that he got right real quick. But congrats on a long career. Making a slideshout Young Lee Courses, Young Lee Corso, and uh again, we're going to get into it. We're on Monday through Friday two to four in the West, five to seven on the East. But when Boss May hits us up and says, hey, you want to say hello to Dan Patrick's friends want to fill in for DP, We're like, absolutely, let's go. You mean six hundred plus radio stations around the country. Yes, So we say hey, yes, please, we'll fill in for Dan get our weekend started, our labor day started early. That way we could have a nice cook cat later on today and sit back and watch our games and say hello to you. So again, just follow us search Coveno and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. And since we're on how many people are listening?
Speaker 2: Rich?
Speaker 1: You said, uh, quite a few? I think it would be Dan Patrick. Dan Patrick's pretty popular.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Dan Patrick would also love it if you followed our YouTube page.
Speaker 2: He told me we're.
Speaker 1: Filling in for him, and he's like, man, that's all I would hope is that you guys get something cool out of it. And by cool, I think he means for you to follow our new page. It's YouTube dot com slash at Covino and Rich FSR. Now you can watch us live normally except for today because everyone took off. It's YouTube dot com slash Covino and Rich f FSR and let the wild Rump is starting. All right, Well today, let me give you a little teas of things. I know I want to get to sure. It's September baseball as of today, so we are going to talk some baseball. We are days away from the NFL beginning. It's the first of the month, and how we got to talk about some college football from this past weekend. And I gotta say before we get into your observations and this past weekend, shame on me because on September first, I'm the idiot. I got a Starbucks. This morning, I got a pumpkin muffin. Is it okay?
Speaker 2: Now? Is it the football started?
Speaker 1: I'm I allowed to have some time of pumpkinyl You have the talate and the television taste of a teenager and TikTok algorithm of a fifteen year old. My daughter's a fifteen year old girl in high school, same taste, buds as rich. She's the one excited about the new No, no, you're telling me you don't spice everything. I'm not a pumpkin spice guy. But you don't want to buy the muffin.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, I got a muffin, A pumpkin muffin. That means you fell into the trau and it means you are son of them.
Speaker 1: All right, well, hey, over the weekend, but I'll have a bite. Let's get into it now. This is the time of year where you start busting out those hoodies. This is the time of year football consumes your life. This is the time of year. Every kid's officially back in school starting this week. So it is a big transition week, wonderful time. It really is, though of the sports year, because you are getting ready for your baseball playoffs. Yea, hopefully your team's in it. Lots of parody this year. That's a big buzz, more parody than we've seen in previous years.
Speaker 2: When it comes to baseball, there's.
Speaker 1: No I mean, you could argue the Brewers are you know, leaps and bounds above everyone at this moment.
Speaker 2: But you cann't say that.
Speaker 1: But there's a part of every baseball fan it's like, Yeah, this shoe's gonna drop, this fantasy's gonna stop.
Speaker 2: Come on, excality's gonna kick in.
Speaker 1: Telling me if they played the Dodgers in a series, you wouldn't bet on the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Well, that's how everybody feels. You know, we don't know, they might be legit and that's what makes it fun.
Speaker 1: But you know, baseball playoffs, you got college football, you got NFL starting this Thursday. You got a big fight on the horizon. You're like, who Jake, Paul No Canello, Crawford. So there's lots going on. Basketball be here before we know it. So and thank god you Yankees lost yesterday. They were starting to look unbeatable and I was starting to get a little nervous, can you know? And I have a big bet Mets Yankees bet and just talking about I know, I'm just you sound like the nervous Southerner. But it is such a great time to be a sports fan. So I ask you this, of all the things you observed this weekend, it's a time, like I said, for all those things, but it's also a time for overreactions. And it's human nature. I can't deny it. We all fall victim of overreacting. And it's gonna happen, Danny g And within the next week in the NFL. I'm a bigger NFL fan than I am College like by far same. And you know it's gonna happen. A couple premier teams are gonna lose Week one, and the narratives is gonna be like, my goodness, did their window close or do they not have it this year? And some trash team's gonna win. I remember what it was last year the garbage Saints. Remember they started like two and zero and everyone's like, maybe even all so bad. No, they're bad.
Speaker 2: Oh they were better than two and oh I think they started yet they still pretty strong.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I want to go over the overreactions and which ones you think, well, maybe they aren't overreactions, Like is is Kaylin de boor just not the answer in Alabama?
Speaker 2: I mean they're already saying get this guy out of here.
Speaker 1: If you look back to last year, last three games, there were one and two thirteen and a half point favorites over Florida State, who looked like Doodoo Pie last year. I mean, you gotta maybe credit Florida State for turning around that program quick. But we're talking two touchdown favorites. And the narrative was that this team is soft, run defense, run offense, everything. Alabama just wasn't playing with any gusto, no heart when it comes to Alabama. Aside from all that, the viral thing was the meme of the year. It was like a meme was born. It is some JABBRONI holding up his middle finger looks like my brother in law, Chris. This is like a sad college football fan and is not the new face of Alabama.
Speaker 2: I think it goes with your point, though, I was like mem of the Year, Meme is born. Just started. Season just started.
Speaker 1: That's why everybody needs to get a grip here, Arrowsmith Style Get a Grip eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox when the NFL season starts, we do something called things that made you go hmm right, your observations in the world of football just all around in the weekend. This weekend because NFL is not even here yet, we're going to talk about, hey, are we moving too soon here? Can you really make any assessment in the first week. Like one of my favorite headlines rich over the weekend was arch Manning.
Speaker 2: This is a legit.
Speaker 1: Well I think it was a barstool headline, but you know they come with a sense of humor, which I loves. Yeah, yeah, but it is barstool, right, So a lot of people saw it.
Speaker 2: It is legitimate, but you know who's behind it, right.
Speaker 1: The headline was I think he's ass text me and I wasn't sure if it was his observation or a topic for today's show. Arch Manning ask cheeks question mark, arch Manning is cheeks meaning the bad kind hold on, I gotta find you the actual headline because it was really funny. But again, are we are we really moving too soon? Can you really make an assessment? Is how I feel about this. But that's the narrative we run with as fans. Oh here it is. It's a picture of arch manning right, and it says might be ass And that's what everybody was quick to jump on. The game wasn't even over yet, dude, that's what I meant about, Like, Yo, we're really jumping the gun. The game was, it was it wasn't even halftime, and the headline was he might be ass.
Speaker 2: I know what you guys are saying, but in fairness to fans and media, you can only react to what's in front of you at the moment, right.
Speaker 1: Right, And that is true, and that's that's absolute fact. We need to keep that in mind. It's like, hey, this is uh, this is all we got to work with right now, right.
Speaker 2: But that made me laugh.
Speaker 1: I was on the treadmill watching this and by the way, just to paint a picture, we're out here in Los Angeles, and were you running as lackluster as Alabama's run? Game almost had a moment i ow most had a moment feet on High in LA. I don't want to stereotype or paint and broad strokes as I paint this picture. But for whatever reason, it's not like it's not like I give me a good sports city. Give props Saint Louis, Chicago, you know, New York, Austin, New York where you know, if you're at the gym or at the bar, everybody's glued to that game. I had to have someone please, can please we put college football on? It is why are we watching news?
Speaker 2: One thing?
Speaker 1: It drives me bonkers. You're at a gym, you would think that it's part of their requirement as an employee, like, hey, if there's something big going on, throw it on for our customers. Like no one cares. And it's just the vibe of Los Angeles. I love living out here in Los Angeles, but it is one of those disconnects. And we've been out here a decade now, but you go to we you know, maybe it's because we don't go to like a high end gym. I got to go to twenty four hour fitness across the street, probably because the people that get eight dollars an hour don't care. But we're at twenty four fitness and you don't know how many times I've had to say, can you put something on?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: It's a gym, right, so you would think that there's some like minded people that want to be on the treadmill, watch some sports or whatever. They should know what's going on. Same with the local bar. You think John Taffer has any patients for going into a bar and they don't have the game on or a game on. So I actually went out of my way. I said, hey, can you put on? I saw the headline he might be asked, I want to see how this game wraps up? Can you put on the game? And I had the game on? Some old guy? True story? Tell me if this is legitimate. Some old guy? What is he had quitters on?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Quitters are tube socks that were down in his ankles because they were like the elastic was done, so they quit on him years ago and he's still rocking. Old guy with quitters in a headband like it looked like a la hobo comes you know, into the gym and he starts.
Speaker 2: He brought his own remote control.
Speaker 1: Like let's say it's direct TV. I don't know what they used the gym. He had his own direct TV from his house or whatever control, pulls it out of his bag and he starts changing the channel of the TV that I was watching.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I was ready to, like to get off my treadmill and give him a karate kick to the sternum, but I realized he was really old.
Speaker 2: Is that even allowed? Dude? That's what I was saying, Is that like a baller movie?
Speaker 1: Dude? I can't, Well, I get it.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you weren't exercising next to the owner of the gym?
Speaker 1: I had, like I had, I felt this guy because he probably went in there one too many times and he was.
Speaker 2: Like I've had enough.
Speaker 1: And he's like he took matters into his own hands, brought his own control because no one cares there. And you know, I had to look at him like now I'm watching this, and I gave him a friendly look and he realized, so he went to another TV and changed that channel. I was like, thank goodness. But the point here is arch Manning.
Speaker 2: Is he asked or not? That's the point.
Speaker 1: Well, the point is the overreactions we're all going to make. But you can just simply say, ohio, State's defense is elite. But I will say that while some were glued again, I'm more of an NFL guy. Can't watch every game, but I did set the DVR and said, I'm gonna skim through this one.
Speaker 2: It is Texas, it is Ohio State.
Speaker 1: But I realized I started coaching my kids on the weekend soon for fall sports, and I said, you know, it's the less one than I could have to myself. So I went to go play softball with my buddies and one of the guys goes, anyone interested in hearing the score in Texas Ohio State at halftime? And people are like, yeah, I guess so yeah. A lot of guys were DVR it seven to nothing Ohio State.
Speaker 2: We're like, who wait, wait, what's arch Manning doing?
Speaker 1: It? Really was, it really was disappointing if you thought it was going to be arch Manning on this scip I was reading the subtitles at the gym before you know, old man McGirt changed the channel on me.
Speaker 2: Only claimants came in and.
Speaker 1: Said, hey, you know, Ohio State is they wouldn't let the leash off him. It's like, let him off the leash, let him do his thing let him throw and by the time they let him do that, like the game was over, It's like, yeah, why do you let him do that in the beginning of the game.
Speaker 2: But he looked flustered for a lot of the game.
Speaker 1: That's Ohio State's defense, right.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of Uncle Rico gifts and memes coming out because of his throwing motion on a few of those passes.
Speaker 1: So I kind of hate that too, and it is noticeable, But he comes from a good line of quarterbacks. I don't know, you know what, It's insane to see how much goes into the quarterback throwing angle and arm positioning and all these little things we would never think of. And when you watch Hard Knocks, you got to see what they go through with Josh Allen and all the qbs there as far as like just angle and efficiency and all these things, and everyone thinks they know everything. But the same way, you see, he didn't play his best game, the same way you see rookie quarterbacks struggle when they enter the NFL. And maybe we were wrong to think arch Manning, you know, I mean, I know he played last year. We watched him last year, but not all the time. Obviously, he had a couple of games when you wears was hurt. Did we expect Arch Manning to come in and just light up Ohio State?
Speaker 2: Who's really good?
Speaker 1: Teemed like maybe we just were mesmerized and almost glamored a little bit by the by just the name Manning, like hours time, like we were last week before he even made his season debut. The minute Michael Parsons left for Green Bay, We're like, oh, there's a narrative that Dallas might you know, just the we build a story to tear it down. That's just the culture that we live in. And we've been building up this story of oh Cooper, you know, his run fell short. He could have been the greatest of all the Mannings, and he was a great receiver, and this is his son carrying on the name, and everybody loves the story.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but Texas came in right right number one. So there you go. I mean, Manning's not the whole story here. He's not the team. It was one.
Speaker 1: It was true, but you're that that's a sexy name to tune in for, no doubt, and you've been hearing about it so long, So is it a matter of he's ass he's cheeks or Ohio State's defense was great. Are we overreacting? That's really what we are getting at, reacting the other thing. Yeah, let's go over what is the biggest over CJ. Daniels catch? Are we overreacting?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That was sick.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was sick, and it's made other NFL players famous overnight. O'Dell Beckham Junior he lived for years off of that one catch. It really was not saying he was a bed wide receiver by any means, but Odell Beckham Junior, his whole legacy is based off of some circus catches. One in particular, that, dude, if God gives you, or if life gives you a moment, run with it for as long as you can.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: I hit twenty seven little league home runs. I ran with that all the way to the Dan Patrick Show. Ran you're still running, still running with that. That's my point, and look at me. I'm in for DP well because of those little home runs. That gave me a sense of false confidence, and it gave me some some chatter, and I ran with it. Only Jay had that moment, and yeah, he was a great receiver, but he leaned into that for as long as he could as he should. Daniels catch was was very close to that. So here's here's why I bring it up the rich It was one of the highlights. But remember the theme Arch manning.
Speaker 2: CJ. Daniels.
Speaker 1: What they're saying is is that the catch of the year. Can you in the first game. It reminds me of when you come in in January. We overreact now in like January February and communis like fight of the year.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you just started.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. But sometimes you see some magic right off the bat. You can't top that. Like, are we going to look back at this season and say, yeah, that was it?
Speaker 2: And it was? It was week one A CJ. Daniels had to play of the year.
Speaker 1: If it put OBJ on the map the way that it did, we still remember it. We still talk about, Oh the kid, Yeah, he's got to lean into it. Milk it for what it's worth. You know, you're the OBJ of college football. We might have seen the play of the year week what well, what was your big overreaction? What do you think it is? Is it Kaylee Debor and Alabama? I think the overreaction is Arch Manning's ass Yeah, maybe Ohio State's defense. Maybe they're just really good, I think, And there's a lot of pressure on this kid. You know, I don't think he's ass Texas. I think it's funny and I think you know, we all thought, man he's asked, But you know, I think that's it's way too soon to make that as Arch Manning assessment. Arch Manning seventeen for thirty, one touchdown, one interception, one hundred and seventy yards. How do you think he's going to fare this coming Saturday against San Jose State when Texas is favored by thirty seven points, So we'll be wondering he's about to He's about to put up circus numbers, and you know Texas went into Week one rank number one.
Speaker 2: Any college football fans are not going to respect that until it's up against one of the real contenders. Danny, You're one hundred percent right.
Speaker 1: But I think now he'll have a moment to start to start patting those stats. And I'll tell you when people will start caring. They'll start caring first weekend of October when they play Florida or when they play Oklahoma the weekend after.
Speaker 2: But the next couple of weeks. You know what, I noticed it too.
Speaker 1: It's time for arch Maanning to get loose play some low, lower level teams. But overreaction arch Manning's ass overreaction or not? Caitlin de Boor in Alabama over before it.
Speaker 2: Sort of even started.
Speaker 1: CJ Daniels Catch of the Year first week. You know, I think I don't think that's an overreaction. I think that play, like I said, it made other NFL stars superstars overnight. I don't think that's an overreaction. It was a really great Yeah. I think it was a snag, a grab or it was a snag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a stretched out snag.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably the one thing where we will look back at week one and be like, yeah, that still stands.
Speaker 1: I agree, I don't think that's an overreaction. So what were your overreactions that you noticed over the weekend? Something else that I just noticed. And by the way, the numbers eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Rich, I feel like there's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: In our demo, if not people listening, that live this life already where you're living that Dad life of running around taking your kid to travel league, and he's just trying to be super dad, trying to do a million and one things. You're trying to maintain your house. You're trying to rake the leaves, mow the lawn. I had to coach the team, but you're also trying to like have a nice barbecue.
Speaker 2: And watch the game or whatever.
Speaker 1: You just got so many things going on you can't be at all these places. Like Ohio State played a big game this weekend, and I know my brother in law, who's the biggest fan ever, couldn't even watch it because he's at his kids game. And that's got to be like tough when you only live so strong for that one team, like that's my brother in law's team. And I understand your kid comes first, that's obvious, but that is like, damn, I can't even watch them beat arch Manning in this way. Well, to me, the NFL on Sundays, we have been conditioned. And probably because I didn't grow up in a college football town.
Speaker 2: I grew up in New York.
Speaker 1: You grew up in Jersey, Danny out here in LA. That's my point, Like these college games are so big, everyone matters so much. But this was such a rivalry. And my brother's there like giving up my brother in law's giving orange slices to his kid, missing the whole thing, playing flag football with the son. Yeah again those moments. I'm not downplaying those moments. I'm just saying, like, ah, yeah, you right all year just to watch that game. You can't even watch it. I mean, I know there's USC and UCLA and there was gonna say I grew up with the Pete Carroll Trojans. Yeah, but to me, like where we grew up, no one cared about college football even slightly compared to the NFL.
Speaker 2: It was a big deal here in southern California because of Reggie Bush.
Speaker 1: And but I'm saying, like, when you look at like Kevino said, let's be honest, if you're a family man, have kids, even you know, in any circumstance, to me, Sunday is mentally reserved for NFL football, wives, husbands, kids. People sort of acknowledge like Sunday it's also church day. So there's people who go to church, like it's almost that they have rest slash football, right, Yeah, But if Saturday is something important going on, like there's that struggle of it is.
Speaker 2: It is very tough. I can't even sit back and watch the games today.
Speaker 1: It is very tough if you're a family man to say a selfish little bee to say Saturdays like.
Speaker 2: To watch the game. It's impossible. Now I gotta go to the king. Now I gotta go to my kids game.
Speaker 1: I feel like a little little b You do you do because you know the right thing is just to go to your kids game. And it's great. I'm not saying that's not fun. It's fun, and it's it's mandatory. I like that more than football. Yeah, of course, but there's this like, ah, man, I waited all year just to watch this game.
Speaker 2: I can't even watch It's but I noticed that with a lot of my friends, and you guys aren't real football fans. Man. This is why my kid does taekwondo on Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, I'm serious, Like, I'm like, how did you I'm at the gym watching Ohio State. The biggest Ohio State fan I know can't even watch it. And it's not the same. You can't watch it later. Social media ruins everything. You can't watch it later, so you're overreactions from the weekend, what you feel social media was overreacting on your observations and more. There's also some BS fights we could talk about, but we have lots to get to. Tod again in for Dan Patrick, we're gonna talk some NFL. We're gonna play a game called Covino. That's me or Belichick. Guess you guys like the same guy. Apparently we're the same dude. You know it's interesting tonight prizes tonight there's a football game that oh that's a big one that I think there's a discrepancy of like why people are going to watch it, And I'll explain it has to do with Belichick and Jordan Hudson. So we'll get to that in a bunch. More NFL, some college football, and of course we're big baseball guys. So baseball it's it's the playoff run now man September baseball. You can't turn back now September baseball.
Speaker 2: So we got when you.
Speaker 1: Say big baseball guys, you mean twenty seven little league home runs? Yeah, exactly, that's me. That's why I think of you. All Right, we got more Cavino on reritch in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 4: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation yet catch all of our shows at Fox Sportsradio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Ben, host of The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey.
Speaker 2: You're asking what in God's name is the Fifth Hour?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you it's a spin off of it Ben Mather Show, a cult hit overnights on FSR. Why should you listen? Picture if you will a world will. We chat with captains of industry in media, sports and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more.
Speaker 2: Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben.
Speaker 3: Maler or the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Ramsey got got it working is what He's got it. Ramsey's on the ones and twos working on Labor Day.
Speaker 2: What the hell? Hey?
Speaker 1: When it's in for Dan Patrick, We're just shit to have fun. We're not working at all. Covino and Rich Monday through Friday two to four on the West, five to seven on the East, but filling in for the Great DP and again our podcast search Covino and Rich and our YouTube channel where our bonus pot is. You can watch it. It's like a TV show here at Fox Sports Radio. It's our bonus show called over Promised and we stream every day YouTube dot Com. Slash Covino and Rich FSR Covino and Rich FSSR again live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Mako, we bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Mako. So we got prizes to give away. We bring prizes. We come with bribery. We want you to check out our show. Let's be friends. Love feeling in for DP, love your feedback. So we're gonna play a game called Coveno or Belichick. Is it Covino or Belichick is Apparently we're the same guy, same dude. Why you'll find out both grumpy guys dating younger women named Jordan.
Speaker 2: Oh and that's not where it stops.
Speaker 1: And we developed this game a while back because do you remember maybe now it's like six months to a year ago, when Belichick was doing like yoga on the beach picking up his girlfriend. Yeah, I have since then copied that move, making us even more like, which makes the game more difficult?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Coveno Belichick? Stick around for that. We got to talk NFL and ticket prices and why Rich hates football. We'll expl hateful, We'll explain Rich hates football. I live for football, as I said on Ted Lessel, football in his life. But you'll be double tucking Dickie in a few minutes. You'll see why. But wrapping up right now, what the biggest overreactions were this weekend doesn't have to be just in college football, but Arch Manning is the ass uh CJ. Daniels catch of the year in the first week. What are the other overreactions? Like I said, it could be in life, It could be in entertainment, could be in something you watched. Like I'll give you a basic one. I saw a lot of buzz of people saying and this is no knock on the actual event. This is a knock on the documentary. You gotta see the Katrina documentary. Man, Hurricane Katrina.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch it.
Speaker 1: Man twenty hell in high Water and I get all amped. I'm like, I can't believe that's twenty years yo. You had to like smack me in a face five times to finish that last episode. Dude, Yeah, I throw the last episode out the window. Last episode prior to that though, prior to that it was witch episode.
Speaker 2: Does Kanye West say, George Bush does it like Black People? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it's the second. Yeah, that was twenty years ago. Here's am I bringing that up. I'm trying to point out that. Yeah, it was horrible, but the oh the documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the final episode was just interviews with the documentary. Yeah, it was an overreaction.
Speaker 1: It was so great. You got to watch it. Look, the events were horrific. That's not my point. And I can't believe it's twenty years first two episodes were good, that last one. If you want to stop there, then okay, now you gotta Now you got a point. People love to just overreact to things. Here's another react overreaction nonsports related over the weekend in Las Vegas, Las Vegas, the Wizard.
Speaker 2: Of Oz was real, least at the sphere. My mom hit me up and he's like, Richie, can you take me? It's my mom. My mom wants to meet me in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Well, people are saying that it shouldn't even be considered like Wizard of I should be called the Wizard of Oz experience because they took out thirty minutes and they used artificial intelligence to fill in the space. Right, So it's a it's a whole different thing. And it's just over an hour. So they cut out a lot what I don't know. It was cut out exactly a lot of the plot. So sorry talking apple trees, but no, that's in because they had apples falling out of the sky.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that, you smoke. It's for the fake snow coming down on the audience. But dude, the biggest overreaction was like, it sucks. Henry got cut soucks. Uncle Henry's out. HEYI sucks. It looks artificial. It's not how the movie was meant to be. Sucks. I thought it looked.
Speaker 1: Amazing, and I'm like thinking, man, what a great reason to take your mom out or this is like to see this beautiful event. I feel like this is one of those things where like, if your parents are if you're lucky enough to still have them around, maybe this is something you tell your parents till you're in the I have a tornado. You're watching this beautiful film from nineteen thirty nine. With AI technology of today, you're experiencing something no one ever experienced before. You're seeing what's her last name, Gail, Dorothy Gail and Crystal Clear vision like you complaining about it because of the ethics, and they get out of my face.
Speaker 2: Please tell me.
Speaker 1: People are so quick to dump on it didn't instead of did the Lollipop Guild not make the cut?
Speaker 2: They didn't like them? So you know, why were there so many empty seats?
Speaker 1: I know, yo, there were so many people all of a sudden had.
Speaker 2: This in comments that everyone's saying, look at all the empty seats. It wasn't like this was magical. Of course I saw a few like this was magical, how cool? Ten out of ten blah blah blah. Ninety percent of everything I saw was this is the weakest.
Speaker 1: It's like people that weren't even there, see you don't have they had their opinion on why that sucks. That's funny the algorithm, because mine was everyone making it seem like it was the most miraculous thing ever. Well mark my words on what they're saying, because there's a there's a fine line of what is okay and what's not when it comes to AI and they said they filled in a lot of the blank space with like nothing like computerized garbage and it ruined the fill and blah blah blah. And like I said, they edited it so you didn't even know that. You really didn't see a one clip where when but when Glinda comes down the bubble they do all this like sparkle nonsense. And my point is we live in a world of overreacting because if you're not reacting enough, no one cares about what you have to say on social media. It's a it's an oversaturated that's a great point world we live in and can space. You'll get no attention and there's no buzz. If you go good, it was all right, you have to say it sucked ass or it was the greatest thing ever, because anything in between will get no attention. Anything less is uncivilized. That's why the headline has to be arch Manning is ass because if it was just if the if the headline was in the game wasn't even over yet the headline was yeah, a rough start for arch Manning. I'm sure he'll be just fine. That's not a fun you gotta declare him cheeks. So we live in a world of overreacting. We need to take everything with a grain of salt, whatever that means. But that's the truth. Well, because there's not a lot of uh, not a lot of credibility and wow, you didn't even see it. You're going based on other people's reactions, and you know, you're in the first week of college football. So it could be an entertainment, it could be in life. People I think overreacted to the Katrina documentary. Wasn't that great? No offense?
Speaker 2: Didn't Spike Lee do that? No offense?
Speaker 1: He's he's great. Say it's it's hard for me to want to let it's a while. If there was a while where I used to watch a ton of nine to eleven documentaries and like then you start feeling all said, like why am I watching?
Speaker 2: Like why am I?
Speaker 1: Why do we keep Readliving sadness? Like the Katrina documentary.
Speaker 2: You know, the first couple episodes were really good and reminders about how that region still needs help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's important, and how things could be mismanaged and maybe fixed type of thing. I guess, right, yeah, but rich as it went on like way long, and now that that that happens, sometimes you see a documentary that's like three or four party. You're like, they could have done in two or three, right, I hear you could. I get all the reactions. It's a world we live in. Is it an over reaction enough for me to say, because they played Nevada, shout out to our friends that are fans of the Nitny Lyons Penn State looking dominant, please please say Nevada, Nevada, Danny.
Speaker 2: It's like I saw people giving my buddy, are you going to do next day Washington?
Speaker 1: No. I saw I saw people our buddy KFC from barstool was talking about Oregon, and every comment didn't care about what he said. They're like, all right, first of all, say it right Oregone. Rich also says turlet. I don't say turlet. My grandfather did though the toilet, but the Nitny Lions Penn State Nevada. I know that game was a blowout. I'll tell you why because we my wife and I went to a friend's house. You know when you're hanging with you know, other grown men, and you're like, oh, put the game on, and the game is such a blowout that you're like, oh, you know what, let's just talk because this has not even worth watching it was, So you mean to tell me Rich Davis, sir yaps alot would rather talk than watch the game.
Speaker 2: Come on. True story.
Speaker 1: But I think I actually, I think I have a better remote control story than you, if you miss Yours involved Colin Quinn and a young Adam Sandler. No, not a different remote control. Covino was saying, at the gym, some old dude broke out his own remote control and start of changing the TVs at the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 1: Started to change mind when I'm sitting there trying to do two things at once, burn some calories and watch arch Manning because I heard he was ass. So we were hanging on Saturday at our friend's house. We got some good friends. You know how a lot of parents make friends. You just meet good people through your kids' sports. And we met a bunch of good people that their kids play baseball with my son.
Speaker 2: When you say that, you know what I think of.
Speaker 1: No matter how hard you fight it, you're still a product of your own family and product of your own parents in your own environment. Because my parents were never wance to hobnob with other parents. And when you talk about it, I'm like Yeah, that's not what I'm into at all. Now. We had a great party at our friends because monkey see monkey do your parents did that. They hobnobbed with all the other parents and they became best buds and their party and every weekend. I never saw my parents do that, and for whatever reason, and it's probably that I have no interest.
Speaker 2: In that, but I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't, although it's nice, but I just can't understand, like how that would to just be the natural progression. Your kids hang out with their buddies on their little league team, their parents are cool. I just never saw my limily doff and they say, hey, we're having a barbecue. I come from a long line of anti social Covinos.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know. So I got like, no one ever invites you anywhere. No I had, we had.
Speaker 1: My parents were the ones that had people over their house. It was usually family. I'm from a big Mexican Italian family. There's always cousins and family and uncles and like ancillary characters that were just hanging around, you know, never us going to other parents' house drinking margarita's. Like that was never the vibe for me, although I was always playing with the wall in my own backyard. All the moms got pretty crashed. It was pretty fun, that's what I mean talking about each other.
Speaker 2: My parents were part of that.
Speaker 1: But so he just sat home with your family. Yes, that's why you have family. My parents had five kids. I don't think other people wanted they play with other kids. Yeah, we play with each other and all our cousins. You know, like you didn't go over the go. You played little league or pony mall or basketball. Come from a long line of hob knombers like you. I'm serious, and I say that respectful with your sisters. I played with neighborhood kids. I was never like, you know, my parents are hanging out with the Johnson's tonight. That was never any I witnessed. I said, I had a better remote story. I'll make it snappy so we can move on to something that matters, like NFL and some baseball. But so, you know, those little kids run around this family's house and it's first weekend of college football, right And I got a phone call last night like, hey man, I know this is a long shot.
Speaker 2: But you know, you guys were over here yesterday.
Speaker 1: It was one of the families had a little kid who was like two years old, who was just putting things everywhere. You know, one of those you know, little kid Danny, you got to you got color who's two years old? Right?
Speaker 2: Your son's two now two and a half.
Speaker 1: He just turned two a couple of weeks ago. But he's got the foot of a eighth grader. This guy that whose house we went over the other night, I'm sorry, two feet. It's not just one big foot, he's got two big feet. The guy's house we went over the other night. All day he looked around for his remote control. Thought he was losing his mind. He's like, I can't watch he couldn't turned on his TV to watch football. He's like, where the hell they ordered a new remote? He goes, can you just check? I went kind of what does he use? He can light download on his phone?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: He sort of Gabroni's who you're hanging with. Download the remote to whatever service you have on your phone and you'll always have it. I'm sure it is a remote you could download like a ro cool remote on your phone. I mean, I have an Amazon Fire one on my phone. I'm sure you could well. Anyway, it turns out remote in my pool bag. This little kid was just putting things with everyone else's bag. I'm like, I doubt I have your remote.
Speaker 2: Let me walk.
Speaker 1: I looked at my I looked at my wife's pool bag that we brought to their house. There was coasters, a remote control, and.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, you know he probably saw this and said, I wish my dad would pay attention to me.
Speaker 1: Let me hide this thing. All right, Well, hey we got more Covino on Rich. We got to start diving in. We are days away from Week one of the NFL, so we'll talk a lot of NFL give away, some prizes, and of course some baseball all coming up in for Dan Patrick, Covino and Rich.
Speaker 4: Fox Sports Radio had the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Working for a Living Covino and Rich in for Dan Patrick. Like I said, I use the word work loosely because we have fun doing what we do. Covino and Rich YouTube dot Com, Slash Covino and Rich FSR. We got Ramsey on the ones and twos. We got Dan on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox and again everything at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. After the show, the DPAT podcast and our stream goes up. So if you miss any of today's show, be sure to listen to the podcast. Search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, follow, rate and review, and give us five stars because anything less is uncivilized. That's Charles Marvin Hagler's style. And if you leave a nice review, Danny g Might email you and give you a bribery ball because we bribe people to check out our show. We got brand new nerve. Football's coming in and we'll be given some weight today. I'm so excited that I hadn't really looked and I know that the lines weren't really set the way I wanted to see them until now. NFL are we gambling week one and we dive in in. Is this an easy week? You know a lot of times, a lot of times people say the beginning of the season might be, might be the easiest to try to get ahead and win some money. And there's a couple of games I'm loving ready, But you know what, Danny, we'll talk about gambling later. I want to talk about this meme you sent us that just proves a point I have about the NFL. It's the NFL's most expensive seats. Danny g was super producing. He was like, yeah, these are the top when it comes to average ticket prices.
Speaker 2: First of all, I don't sound anything like that, not like that.
Speaker 1: So what do you think they are NFL's most expensive seats? And you know, I'm looking at the list here are you surprised by? It is the question, what do you think they are? I'm not surprised, but I do think that the NFL experience is not worth what these ticket prices are. I find that interesting. From the biggest NFL fan, I gotta point that out. You know what, I have a whole list of reasons why. But when you think about the experience you get from the actual game this which is what you get at home. Yeah, there's a difference between the game and the experience overall. And I'm a big believer that the NFL provides a cool vibe and the game itself sort of stinks live compared to other sports.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: And the more and more I go to games and you got a playoff games or Super Bowls or regular season games even.
Speaker 2: You realize you miss so much.
Speaker 1: I feel like you miss so much of an NFL game. A lot of people invest in their home for that great experience. It's like, man, you built an outside barbecue pit, you got all this patio furniture, you got to outside television, you got the sweet new couch. What is that love sack you got there? You got a whole sweet setup for the game. It's kind of hard to top that with hard seats and binocular So I have a theory on why the NFL is like, well, at the same time, an amazing experience, the worst of all four majors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know what to get ready, Fox Sports Radio Nation things. So we'll talk about the We'll give you the top four most expensive stadiums and tickets. Plus we'll go over what sport might be the best to watch live and you might want to sit some of these out and stay home. We'll get to that and a bunch more Week one of the NFL, A lot of that coming up as well. More Convenent rich In for Dan Patrick