Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Players Lounge. Let's ride on a Wednesday without Mary chick chills US three chilling chilling doing this thing, Mary Christ Church family.
Speaker 3: I saw skis and ski lifts and all the type of good stuff out there.
Speaker 2: Man, Skeland tickets are expensive.
Speaker 4: Well you got it, hey.
Speaker 2: I didn't happen to go without me. You guys going, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 4: You get up with I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just knew that the Skeiland tickets were expensive and money needed to be saved. So I just said I was hit right here.
Speaker 4: So you didn't go to the top of all.
Speaker 3: You just, I don't mean go, get get you a couple of them sticks and just to track yourself on up.
Speaker 4: That might take you a few hours.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm good, I'm good. Danny Kraig, heck Ma Harrison. I don't even strut The shows brought to you by those Stito's Cowboys taking on the Miami Dolphins. Uh, undercover brothers on hard knocks head.
Speaker 4: Coach god Man, this dude wreck your wreck? You up?
Speaker 2: This man is? This man can dial up some places. He's good. He got some confidence man. Yeah, I mean he got that confidence.
Speaker 4: Man. He should though, shouldn't he? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I mean it's not like it's not like he's not out there showing that he can back it up. He get out there and when you watching his running backs and you watching the receivers and what do you do with Tyreek Hill and Jayson Walla and Tour, you know, he got to get in his props.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt. There's no doubt that little video they had, you know, I think someone play drive right here. I feels come and play drive that little sinister laugh.
Speaker 4: Like you've been paying attention to the the Amazon special on them?
Speaker 3: Yeah hbo two.
Speaker 2: Times boom I means yeah. I was like, okay, hey, hey he's good boy. He's a really really good football cup.
Speaker 3: So are you are you saying that dan Quinn has his work cut out for him with coach Sole brother uh and that offense and the weapons that he has the running game. Also, they top five, top ten in every category. So I'm worried, man, you are, I'm worried. You know, Look, they are dealing with some injuries. They have been for a long time. The offensive line isn't what they started the season with, and I think that's the only thing that gives you a clear cut indication that maybe, as far as a running team is concerned, they're gonna be able to pound it the same way that Buffalo pounded it, don't you.
Speaker 2: So I'll counter what you're saying there with I think we all believe the Jets are good defense. I do beating thirty to nothing with a banged up offensive line last week.
Speaker 3: It just beat Buffalos? Who does just because just have beat some really good teams this season. Was Buffalo one of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let me, let me let me look check it.
Speaker 2: I don't Actually, we got it. We got handy Dandy right here. Buffalo beat the Jets this year, and they lost to the Jets. So yeah, so so first first game of the year they lost that Jets, I don't know. But then later on any year they beat them. But yeah, and Miami lost the Buffalo big after they beat through the seventy up on Denver. Then they gave up forty there but then uh and they beaten Miami's beating the Jets twice this year, So this is this is for me. I just think this is a bad style for them, and I think these are two coordinators who pose a problem for them this week. And I'm worried.
Speaker 3: Who's a good style. I mean, since you, since you style for us, they know how to beat And that's where I have a problem. I have a problem with that, especially when we start we're gonna do the camp and you start doing that at this point in the season anywhere they played them and we beat them, and we beat them and they did The Jets are not the same team from the beginning of the season, regardless especially with everything that they've been going through in the New York media.
Speaker 4: Just not the same team, not the same defense.
Speaker 3: They've been beat up, and they're one of those teams that are definitely making their reservations for where they going after the season because it's been due. It didn't turn out anything like they thought it was. All I'm saying is where we've been beat and where you've been pointing to at the end of games. Is they outphysical to us? They came to they came in. The Bills came in last week, seventy nine, seventy three. God bless them. I can't forget what they did to my defense and the way that they were driving guys off the ball. I don't think Miami has that. But with Raheem Moster, the numbers are what you see. They still beat that Jets team thirty to zero. Okay, Raheem Moster still has eighteen touchd down on the season. He still is top five as far as running back numbers. So you know, I just don't think that the same bludgeting that you got when you went to the You like that, I like that that word. I don't think you go get that beat up that same way with Miami. And this is this is where where why it worries me because I still leave out of that Buffalo game, and I know we had the miss tackles, and I know you see a few like plays where we did get out physical. But to me, I just I just continue looking at it and I continue remembering what I'm seeing on the defense, and I don't and I don't see it being as much as a out physical than a miss assignments and not in the right places and playing discipline football and that and that is on offense as well with the penalties on defense, with the penalties, but as far as when you're talking about like playing against the Shanahan type of offense, where like a lot of pulling guards, there's gonna be a lot of misdirection with the eyes and god, it's really gonna have to be gap sound. You have to have real good gap integrity in order not to in order to keep moster and a chain out of the end zone. We have not done that this season, Like we haven't done it when we came up against a team that specializes in running the football with a bunch of different type of concepts, we haven't found ourselves able to be able to stop them. And that's San fran didn't stop them, Arizona couldn't stop them. Now we got Buffalo couldn't stop them because Joe Brady came in with that same type of style. Man, we're gonna pull guards, pull tackles, and we're gonna confuse these guys and make them late. And now we got Miami come and do the same thing. So I think that's what makes me more nervous about this one because it was like really put on notice last week.
Speaker 2: So we just go look at this just stacked, and I know we can make stats to do whatever we want. But offensive leaders total yards Miami number one, San Francisco number two, Detroit number three, Buffalo number four, passing Miami number one, San Francisco number two, Kansas City three, Detroit number four, rushing Baltimore number one, Detroit number two, San Francisco number three, Miami number four. When I talk about you know they the style worries me. We know they don't match up well against the forty nine ers. This team is offensively taken from the San Francisco forty nine ers. And so that's why I look at this and I kind of just go back to what I did at the beginning of the year and not staying true to it last week. I had these two losses on the road in December as losses, and right now without Hankins there and what we saw from Masie or not enough, what we saw from Mozi, how do they get this fixed? I think fourteen and thirty three for the Cowboys. Defensively, this is a tough matchup and I'm not necessarily blaming. Now, these are guys you're expecting to be backups who are thrust into some starting roles. Maybe dan Quinn could fix some stuff, but right now, the old Parcels line, all I can go by is one I.
Speaker 3: See and I believe what you're saying. And I wanted to go kind of pull back a little bit and just say, in the four losses that we've had this season, they've been because we have been out physical at the line of scrimmage seven hundred and sixty seven yards rushing in those four losses, and you come up against like you talk about a Miami team that has the ability to run the ball based off of those numbers that you see, I just feel as though, as a defensive front, especially when I go back to Gains versus Philly, are other teams or opponents that had a physical running style. You still have the compensity of the ability to stop teams from running on you.
Speaker 4: You've shown that you can do that.
Speaker 3: Now here's another opportunity for you do it, because again, if you don't stop it, you're definitely gonna get.
Speaker 4: It the week after next, and then after that you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get it the first week in the playoffs as well, So it's not as if we have to stop the run. And I think that's right because I think the question is, though, have we been able to really stop a team who said they were going to come in and they've been a top five running team and we turned them into a team that did not look like a top five running team? This is over the last three years. Have we faced the team where we knew coming into the game, this is the type of game it's going to be, this is the type of scheme and the type of run concepts that you were going to face, and then we come out of the game saying, oh, yeah, yeah, I feel real good about where we at defensively, defensive line wise, and on our second level with our linebackers. Have we had that over the last couple of years. That's a good question. That's a good question, and not knowing the answer to that, I do know that you've been You've had two twelve back to back twelve and five seasons. In those twelve and five seasons, you've played teams that had a running style or at least try to and came into the game with the game plan to run the ball. On you right now, we're looking at a San Francisco and saying, Okay, this is what gives us trumble blockers getting to the second level blocking guys in the run scheme and the run fit. And if you're pointing to that and saying, Okay, Miami is a mirror image of San Francisco and this is what they're gonna try and do to you, I think, based off of personnel, I say they can't.
Speaker 4: Who can't that they can't do it to us Miami.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put my hand right here and I'm gonna say we not gonna stop them running the ball.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Then that's that is that's the challenge this week because as and I'm making my case because there's no way that dan Quinn is sitting over there in his office seeing that teams are playing him this way and not saying, Okay, we gotta load up and do everything that we possibly can to stop it. Because if it's gonna be and dan Quinn, we trust, we can't be talking out of both sides our neck saying that they can't stop the run. Well no, but we've been saying this. I've been trusting to dan Quinn for years and we ain't been able to stop the run. Like you come out of the San Francisco game two years ago saying, hey man, we need to figure out a way to stop the run. We got we got our physical on defense a little bit, but we need to get better. You go in there and you draft a guy in the first round because you play San Francisco and you're like, hey man, we still we still haven't buttoned that up. We still are not a team who we can get it there and stop the run when we need to. And then this year you come out and I think, what third game of the seasons taken again?
Speaker 4: What Arizona?
Speaker 3: You give up two hundred you play, you play San Francisco again, the team that you built now your defense to be able to stop, and they put up almost two hundred on you. And then you come out and give up another two hundred yards against the Buffalo Bills. Where you line up in that game and you say, Okay, the weather's gonna be x right, They're gonna try to run the ball. We tried to run four three, we tried to run five two. We tried to run everything we possibly could, and no matter what we threw at them.
Speaker 4: We couldn't stop them. Yeah, we couldn't. We couldn't get it done.
Speaker 3: So I trust in dan Quinn being able to put his guys in position to make plays when they need him to, but he still hasn't shown me that, Hey man, this defense is a defense that can get out there and stop the run, which words me in the playoffs, but also worries me about these next two games as well, because these teams are gonna sit down and say, man, we're gonna run the ball til you stop it, and then that's nothing to hang your hat on. There's nothing to hang your hat on. There's nothing as far as this defensive defensive identity that you can say, all right, we're gonna go into games and were gonna be they were gonna beat them based off of the fact that we do this pass rush.
Speaker 4: That's why to me now it's DAK.
Speaker 3: It's coming out of coming out of by week with the way that the offense has been rolling.
Speaker 4: It's on DAK. Right, can we get a league?
Speaker 3: Can we play from ahead and then we allow our pass rushes to get in there and make those type of players to where Stephan Gilmore and dron Bland are in position and didn't get turnovers, because that's when we play our best, when we're playing from ahead and Michael Parsons and d Law and Odiggy Zoo and all those guys.
Speaker 4: Can get out there and rush. You're right, No, you're right.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that worries me though, Like that worries me from now all the way up into whoever we facing the playoffs when we get there to say, are we able to then do that? Can we fix it in a week? I don't know we could fix it in a week. I'm sorry, go ahead, No, No, This.
Speaker 2: Is this is interesting because it's made me dive more more into the just the rushing totals. Just looking at Okay, who beat you this year? The top eight teams in rushing, The Cowboys have lost to all of them. I mean, she's lost that. Their losses have been to teams we've all been in the top. So you've lost to San Francisco, you lost to Arizona, you lost the Buffalo, you lost to Philly. If you can run on them, you can beat them. This is this is the secret sauce. And then on the flip side of that comes into all right, you're running on them. You're getting a lead and they're not getting a lead on you. So you're able to go ahead and run in the past when the Cowboys and be able to get up on either. Take it away that ability for you to just kind of be patient and run the ball. But this is I'm just looking at trends, you know, if I was doing the financial analysis right now and I'm looking at the run defense, and I'm like, okay, this this week, it's a problem because it fits right into the blueprints of how you beat the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: On the road.
Speaker 2: Okay, beat them on the road, get them at your spot, run the ball on them, got shot, and and this is Vegas having them as a as a one and a half to two point underdog. Right now, I feel like this is legitimate and until they show me the can stop this. And it's not just Dan Quinn telling me that, Okay, you know, we weren't signing to Mary's here where our secret sauce was, and the mistackles and we got to clean up get ready to go. I gotta see it because I can't trust him.
Speaker 3: No, and I'm not asking I'm not asking for anybody to trust because you don't have any time proof or consistency when it comes down to that, because the teams that you just mentioned have all beat them in Miami is the other team that you haven't mentioned that we hadn't played yet, right, that is in that number and Detroit and Detroit and Detroit, and so again you come up against teams that you know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: We talked about it last week versus the Bills.
Speaker 3: What did you say, if if we take this game out of Josh Allen's hands, we are in what trumbt in trouble? We're in trouble. And if you said, hey, if he's sitting back, he's not having to throw the ball and all that's counting on is just running the ball, then we're having a long day. Already, I'm saying coming into this Miami game, you already know what they're gonna do. The game plan for Miami A h. Let's throw the ball to Tarick Hill, who has a high ankle spring twenty five times doing it. That's gonna give Raheem Moster and a chain't the ball. They gonna run the ball to try and take the air out of the ball. To take that keep him on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know they're gonna do that. And and the thing that gets me is.
Speaker 3: Every year we've come out saying the same thing, like we go drafted, like we literally go draft a defensive tackle with all whatever needs we got out there, we go draft the defensive tackle in the first round because you know that we need to figure out how to stop the run better and we still haven't been able to do it. And then after you play a team like Arizona you could chalk it up to trap game or whatever. Then you play a San Francisco team where you get you get beat up in the run game at that at that point, at that point you say, Okay, you know the team is going back and watching the film and they getting it in their mind that a, we need to be better at this uh, at this point on defense whatever. And then you get out there and you play the Buffalo Bills after knowing that that is going to be the case. And where you kind of stumbled at at the beginning of the season where you had two chances and you didn't do quite well. Now you have another opportunity and you can't figure it out the entire game, like how to get it done?
Speaker 4: Is what makes me wonder, like, well.
Speaker 3: Can we can we because you knew it was all all there last week and then the last time you played in the run game, like you knew that this is what you needed to stop them from doing, and we know it this week, So we have another, like I said, another test to where if we get beat up this week, this is bigger than the test.
Speaker 4: This is bigger to me.
Speaker 3: This is bigger than the test because if you fail this, this is ultimately your Achilles hill. Like you said, for the years, I've been saying the same thing. We've got to plug up this hole you slash year in the green Bay game green Bay, we took the ball out of Aaron Rodgers's hand, and what they do They put it into the hands they're running back.
Speaker 4: That exposed our defense.
Speaker 3: You can't continue to live this narrative and even have any expectations of playing in any postseason anything.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm that. Don't mean I'm picking the Dolphins or nothing new.
Speaker 3: He just we know you and Barry most likely are picking the Miami Southeast Dolphins this week, all right, But me and Heck, actually I don't even know if Heck gonna pick y'all lay go to West Palm. I don't even know he gonna pick up boys this week over. It's gonna be an interesting It's gonna be an interesting show. We gotta pick tomorrow because you know I will be doing football camps on Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I'm he pulled out the stats on his dog. He wasn't sta man on me.
Speaker 3: He ain't had to pull them out them stats to know like this is this is Denver, the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 2: The head coach of the Broncos who's now the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: We've been hollering about this for you like literally for years, and he like, they know that's why they got to make the moves to try to make sure we have those type of players on the defensive line, Like they know, like what can you do about it?
Speaker 4: Now? I just, you know, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to fix is. And I've been on teams that have tried to figure it out, Like we couldn't get turned over. Was that's when we start talking to you know, takeovers. We can change the name of nine Takeovers and start running his own all.
Speaker 4: We just couldn't figure out what to do. And I think that's where.
Speaker 3: We are right now with the you know what, our ability, our lack of ability to stop the run?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: A question about Michael Parsons and how where do you play him this week? Knowing you're going up against a run team. Let's do Let's do that with heck Maherrison got Danny Mccraeberry Church has a day off from the rescrutch players last Bounty by Too steels Right here on Dallas Cowboys iltcom Rady It's.
Speaker 5: The official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 5: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: Hi. I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys Alumnif they're here with Smoothie King and smoothi King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com, and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own boss.
Speaker 7: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye and heart either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them? Cowboys smear enough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home are away.
Speaker 7: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 3: Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 2: Good luck to him, good luck, good luck, thank you here, send you and the players last bye bye till Stito's guy Danny Cray I knew he scrugs it and the tiny deskt concert Did you get you check out time?
Speaker 3: Man? Come on man, Brad Jordan Man best in the business. Yeah, so I'm a big fan of the Tiny Desk concert. I thought Juvenile had me at my desk at work, you know, dancing.
Speaker 2: But boy, scar.
Speaker 4: Faith was I needed tissues, the band need tissues.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: That was That's the only way to see Scarf.
Speaker 2: That was just so man. First one I ever saw was T Paint. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: Couldn't believe what t paint content? What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have them confused. Yeah is singing It's butt off. It was another one that was really good. I can't think of the pack the drummer Anderson Pa Tiny Desks was, Tiny Dests was really good. That's a lot of guys that do them, Like you said, Juvis was really good.
Speaker 4: But it was good too. Yes, give me theer in the back.
Speaker 2: At least, I mean they dels, I mean they are good. But the one scar Fae this was good man. It was just like, I mean just just literally I some of these. I watched them like, you should just go ahead and record that as an album, just making I would buy it on a iTunes' right. It was is that good?
Speaker 3: I think I think Scarfaces the way they the way that they played the music behind it actually like really made it more poetic, like it was like a poetry reading. And then the way that he was doing doing crazis too as well, was it was more poetry than it was the music that you hear when you just riding.
Speaker 4: I got that.
Speaker 3: I got literally got that same feeling because you know, never seen the man cry away the way that he performed it and the way that I remember it when it first released, I'm like, nah, dog, it wasn't This wasn't no smoking words, the rap at its finest. I mean, and anybody know when the Ghetto Boys first came out, mind playing tricks on everything. I mean, it's been these guys are cultural icons. But the Tiny Death Series man's just bringing it all back. But then you get to see guys that you have school, you done got old, you done got old with guys like this, and you realize that you know, talent, don't get old.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: He still has it, he still has that voice. But you're right, man, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: It's storytelling, and that's that's that's what made it so good. Let me tell you this story about how I got to this song and then and the man sitting there next to him, and they just there was true vibing and v H v H one used to have a thing called Storytellers, and I remember the one they did with Kanye West from the eight Away and the Heartbreaks and just him being able to tell the stories of how he got there and just going live, having the having the band there. It was just it was it was good telling me. I'm sitting at my desk, man, I need the tissue.
Speaker 3: Man. It was just like, this is jay Z needs to do one. Jay Z, I know he too big for it, but come on, now he'll do You think he'll do one? Hey, man, it gets andre three thousand to do it.
Speaker 4: Man, Because this.
Speaker 2: Setting the bar on these things. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. When you step in there, man, the bar is high for these things you can't.
Speaker 4: Jay Z won't be able to miss. Yet.
Speaker 3: He got so much, so much with for Real and Timberland, Like, there's so many different type of sounds that you could put noops, it's just.
Speaker 2: The m TV unplugged you did with Sensational. So if he even did anything, that's.
Speaker 4: That's tiny desk before tiny desk, right.
Speaker 2: If he did that, that would be phenomenal. I do want to see Uh, I do want to see Joe get up in there.
Speaker 4: No, you don't. Don't do that to my boy. Can't see it, Jojo. It ain't the same.
Speaker 3: Sometimes brother go off telling get Sometimes no, no Danny. Sometimes you get a bad back.
Speaker 4: Sometimes sometimes you gotta lead apart.
Speaker 2: They cleaned up the boys from Monroe, North Carolina clean up and this would be good. I know what you're trying to say, make differences. Yeah, we don't need some time.
Speaker 4: So but if so good.
Speaker 2: Let's tucky cowboys here on players loude and towards the players loud, we do get off on. This is what the players and music is. Music is very much what players are about here. And of course scar faces from Houston, Dannytown. So you know we must give him, give him props there. So someone had asked me today, a coach. He says, how come they will go put Michael Parsons linebacker, considering that you've got Bell and Clark having their issues and their smaller guys, why not just move him back to that level? And I said, that's it, that's it. That's an interesting question. And dan Quinn was asked about that this week with meeting with the media. So I think that's something they'll they'll have to think about, especially this week with the speed of a chan and and moster's ability to to run in and outside. So how they employed Michael this week, to me, that'll be a very interesting guy.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's a good match.
Speaker 3: The things that we are feeling at doing, Like how long has it been since Michael Parsons is actually.
Speaker 4: Practiced doing those things?
Speaker 3: So I don't know how much of an improvement you will be able to see, just like, hey, listen, yeah, y'all not doing well enough, let's do Michael back here, and then all of a sudden, all this stuff is gonna be fixed. When like he's specializing right now in past rushing, he's still a difference maker. They're just finding ways to make sure they take him out of the play read option, making sure that he has the pause a little bit so he's not able to then go chase down and running back. Like these offensive coordinators are really creative making sure that number eleven is not a part of the game as much as possible. I don't see I don't see it being a big improvement to moving him back to the linebacker position. These young guys need to figure out how to get it done so Michael Parsons, when it counts, can then still be in the position where he makes the most impact. But it is tough. It is tough when you see the way that with the way that the second level is struggling. You know, Micah is such a weapon that Dan Quinn obviously in the off season said, look, I got a way I want to use him. I'm gonna put him out here on the edge and I'm gonna make every right tackle have nightmares about him coming down because how quick he is and his impact. You see immediately teams having to scheme up for him. And that's why you say, guys like o Sadigizul, guys like Darence Armstrong, guys like Tank Lawrence, this is better for you because now offenses are having to count for our man guy. When it doesn't work that way, you start questioning, like, Okay, what are teams doing to us and what are they recognizing in our scheme that's nullifying Michael Parsons and teams are saying.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna block them.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a hell of a strategy.
Speaker 3: When you can run it, that's a hell of a strategy, and then you have guys on the other side of your linebackers and Dumon Clark where you're saying, look, man, all you have to do now is scrape and read and go. Well, that's not working either, because now the chip block is getting to the second level.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter if you're two forty.
Speaker 3: Two fifty whatever, You're still having to chip through linebackers for four quarters. And look, I don't know how if this is a byproduct of the Lve injury. Okay, I live with it, all right, But LV was there in Arizona two. You know, he was there for the full San Francisco forty nine ers game. Also, there just been times where it looked like, look, we were most vulnerable to teams that were going to out physical us, and we didn't have a guy at the second level that could get any stops. Right now, I think Michael gives you the best chance as what you said.
Speaker 4: Pass rushing.
Speaker 3: When we stopped the run and we make you one dimensional, Oh my god, we're coming after you. It's nothing else you could do about it. But then also when you're running away from Michael and he's chasing down the play from behind, then you're seeing the brilliance and that we haven't seen that happen. And I think now when you're seeing Michael run behind the player and the guy gets eight yards and he throws his hands up like what like, man, that's not the version of number eleven I want to see it.
Speaker 4: It's not positive.
Speaker 3: I think the good thing about it is you don't have Josh Allen the quarterback this week, so that every adoption won't have as much of an impact as it had last week because you don't have to defend I ain't running, you don't have to defend him like you had to defend Josh Allen. So I think that'll be a positive. But you still got to stop those base running place, those those base tackle trap pool counter. You still have to be able to stop those because if you don't, I think you'll see another game, like you said last week, where the quarterback ain't throwing it much and you know most of them a chain is taking turns on you.
Speaker 2: Micah spoke out against the media this week goes.
Speaker 4: Podcasts, your thoughts.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things for me, as we talked about the guys going into podcasting earlier, that you know, if it's a distraction from what you do.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see it. I don't want to hear about it.
Speaker 3: But sometimes man, it lacks maturity and I start to say, look, michaeh, it comes with the territory. As I've heard you and Battery say over and over again, doll, you're gonna wear that starting your helmet.
Speaker 4: You're gonna You're gonna.
Speaker 3: Face criticism and to try and escape it is crazy. You're not gonna escape it. Guys are always gonna criticize you even more because you play play for.
Speaker 4: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes we learn things about guys through the media that we don't want to like. He just basically said, you know, it's older players like guys that used to play that don't want to see that are always talking down on Cowboys or the media always is up in an uproar every time the Cowboys lose, like they have nothing to talk about when the Cowboys are winning. But oh when the Cowboys lose, now you got a whole lot to say.
Speaker 2: And I'm paraphrasing it's Dan Orlovski and Shady McCoy after a Cowboy loss basically like see I told you or you know I think Shady said some kind of tweet like, oh there he is, there's my guy. I knew he come back about Dak and so Michael was sensitive to that. But if you're sensitive at go play in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Where nobody's gonna talk about it.
Speaker 4: That right, But do you want to play at twelve o'clock every week?
Speaker 2: Like I said, if you want that, go play in Cincinnati. If this is what, If this is what you want, If you don't want anyone to say anything about you, then you go playing places like that. But this is the cowboys. The media is going to talk about you. I've been lucky enough to cover the Lakers, been lucky enough to cover the Cab. I've covered you know with this is it? You get it, It's what it is, And yeah, you're right. Heck in some ways you're like, hey man, why are you doing a podcast? And you're putting you're putting a shining a light on yourself. But it's some guys are there.
Speaker 4: I mean a J.
Speaker 2: Brown I here fighting with with with Eagle fans on social media. It's like, brother, that's that's a group losing battle, right, that's a group. I don't they there all day? You are entertaining. You're making them feel good by you interacting with them. That's what they want. So but you're right, he's he's a young man.
Speaker 3: The issue, the issue that I have with it is that at some point, okay, it does get out of hand, right when you attacking guys. It's people, you know, like they personalized.
Speaker 8: Crazy address on Yeah, like that's like, like that's out of hand, right, But then there's also a point to where you got to be able to accept some criticism or just don't listen to it.
Speaker 3: If you go out there and you don't play bad and somebody points out what you did wrong and you not playing well, that is not them getting on you. That is them pointing out what happened in the game. Because their job is to show the people who the ordinary fan who doesn't know what's going on, to show them, Hey, yeah, the reason why I'm saying he's having a bad season is because this is why he's having a bad season, versus hey man, you're gonna go out here and to take the dude character or do all that type of stuff that's wrong. But then people do have to be able to say, ay man, I know the game of football.
Speaker 4: This is why this team ain't doing good.
Speaker 2: And you have to know when you don't walk in to the Spiders Web. I don't know about you, but I get updates on my phone from ESPN, and when the Cowboys lose, within an hour or so, there's an update on my phone from Steven A. Smith with a video and it's some kind of I tried to tell you, like.
Speaker 4: I don't get home. You know, He's like, it's comedic.
Speaker 2: Right, So I don't click on it. I can't stop it from coming because I've signed on for Cowboy alerts, so you make sure the stuff from Todd Archer and from ESPN. But anyway, that's what you get. You know what's coming. So if you're Michael Parson and you know you lose, you got to know what's coming, and you know already know who the actors are that are going to come at you. I'm sorry, you have to deal with it, and to me, I just tak the top of my head. And maybe you guys have someone different, But I think Eli Manning is the best I've ever seen it handling a hostile media environment because he was there in New York and he had issues a lot of times. Despite the two years that he won the Super Bowls. A lot of people how we look. You remember the Eli face and you're not your brother and you think you're too good to go play for the Charger. This guy took a lot, a lot, and Eli did a very nice job in my opinion, of not feeding and walking into that web. Michael walked straight into it, trying to fight his way out. You can't fight.
Speaker 3: I didn't grow up in an era where there was a twenty four hour news cycle on sports, and I think that's the difference too. It's round o'clock, it never ends. If you get up three o'clock in the morning one watch something sports news wise, you.
Speaker 4: Can go and do that.
Speaker 3: And now you have more access and especially through social media, gods think.
Speaker 4: They could do what Danny McRae did.
Speaker 3: You know you think you think you could walk that undrafted free agent mile to make a career in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Good luck with that.
Speaker 3: You know it's and I'm saying that to say that now that the casual fan has access to you directly, and I can insult you to get a response from you. Now I got you, because now I know what how you operate. All I gotta do is insult you. And so that's the same thing that I feel like from Steven A and some of these other guys. I'm gonna get you respond because I'm gonna throw a rock and I'm gonna say, oh, this person sucks, he's no good, even though I played the position, even though I.
Speaker 4: Know how hard it is.
Speaker 3: At this point of these guys, that's not a miss to these guys, that's any given Sunday.
Speaker 4: They know.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't matter if you attack a guy's characters that were you didn't do nothing that he has you because you walked into his web. And that's what I wish Michael Parsons wouldn't do, because the kid man, he is awesome.
Speaker 4: I think he's one of the best. He can be one of the best to do it.
Speaker 3: And he's giving up his power having a podcast displaying his emotions on what somebody else is saying. And I'm not one of those shut up and dribble you know, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying, dog, you a go. You don't even have to address this guy.
Speaker 2: It's a lesson you have to learn.
Speaker 3: Can we agree that, Like listen, before a lot of these people got on the team Steven they've been doing this with the cowboy. It is obviously a joke and a troll, Like isn't obviously that Steven Ay has come here and done your release with him.
Speaker 4: And Jerry are cool, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So so to take that as a like, oh, Stephen Ain taking personal shots at the cables, it's his thing, bro, it may not be so much. It's been that way before you even got here. So they personal gets you because before you as a cowboy and after you a cowboy, he's gonna be doing the same thing. That's the type of stuff. And you're like, why are you getting mad at this dude? You know, like you said, you know he's gonna do it. You know he's gonna do it, and then him and Jerry gonna have a conversation about it. He's gonna be out here on the plaza doing doing first take.
Speaker 2: So Danny mccra is able to speak, is this as a retired player, a father, are you right? An educated man? You know, and you have this he's not that hold on.
Speaker 3: Hold on now, because I had some I had a I had some bad games.
Speaker 4: They was on me.
Speaker 3: So so this is speaking from from that point of like, you can just read that stuff and feel whatever type of way you want about it. But then there is a point where you got to step back and be like, this dude, I don't even know what this dude looks like. This is it got an egg as an avatar. You don't even know who this person is. At some point you got to be like, you know what, but he just insulted.
Speaker 4: You, and you can do it.
Speaker 3: Got And that was twenty two years twenty two year old me, but now thirty five year old me, I do see I do see it a lot, a lot.
Speaker 2: We all get caught offside. My man Brad Towns with the Mavericks was getting into it with a guy and I just, DM, do you know you you battling with a dude named Obi Wan?
Speaker 4: Obi Wan?
Speaker 3: Just the guy got you hot. They got thirteen accounts. He said, he hates you all thirteen.
Speaker 2: I like, and n was just like, you know what, man, you right? I just take a five of breaking on the players lodes by deevite those details.
Speaker 6: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig.
Speaker 3: That was Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 4: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 3: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new dicking and flavors. Dig into a coolie or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors. Only a Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 4: Fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 9: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 5: Hers Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: Vote for the twenty twenty three Bob Lily Award honoring Cowboy Legends Bob Lily. This award showcase is the highest level of achievement, sportsmanship, dedication, and leadership. Vote for the current Dallas Cowboy who you think exemplifies these traits now at Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 4: Slash Bob Lily Award.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Heckwan Harrison plays lunch Rout to you by Tos Tito's Barry Church is off this week. Happy holidays to the Church family. But Danny mccraze here and we got him tomorrow, but he's off Friday because he's doing the camps out there at and T Stadium. I am new he struck. So before we get into the Cowboys and Zach Martin, I did want to touch on did you see where Steel the receiver George Pickings came out and say the reason he didn't he didn't block for Jalen Warren because he didn't want to get hurt.
Speaker 3: Didn't even know what to do, was right there. Yea, you got to go watch the film. He did come up with a plan before you did you go on, like, hey, did you watch it?
Speaker 2: There's no way so between deonat Johnson and George you know what's about to happen.
Speaker 4: In Pittsburgh, right, Well, they clean house.
Speaker 2: The receiver coach, won't we need? Yeah, the head coach has a good chance of returning because of the consistency of the organization. But uh yeah, I have the receiver coach. Man, this dude's done. I don't even know what name. I saw a picture on one time.
Speaker 3: I hated for coaches that get fired for stuff like that too. Of like, you know, I told you not.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 3: You know, I came in here day in and day out and told you a man finished the block.
Speaker 4: Okay, we are a blocking ride receiver room.
Speaker 3: And then you turn on the film and then everybody start talking about that one play and it's like, well, somebody got to take.
Speaker 4: The fall for that. That's a bonehead.
Speaker 3: That's a boneheaded thing to say, though, you know, it's really just just kind of stupid.
Speaker 2: Well then he went, yeah, I don't want to be a Tankdale situation.
Speaker 4: Come on, he.
Speaker 3: Ain't even get out the way. Like, if that's the case, go ahead, dry your man. Through the back of the end zone and get out the way.
Speaker 2: I'm just listening to all that. Somebody tell you to lock him and say, hey man, I'm gonna tell them what you think. We run by you before I go down.
Speaker 4: Cousin somebody, cousins, family members.
Speaker 2: And the like tankdal comes, you'll be like Tank.
Speaker 3: You see what happened to Tank? Yeah, I'm on Bro, be better. That's bad ball. Now, that's bad ball. And the thing is they have this thing called the stealer way, and them people they don't have they have long memories for stuff like that.
Speaker 4: That man, and it's it's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: It's unfortunate for him because obviously he's a young talent that everybody's recognized that this guy can be outstanding if they can find somebody to get him the ball. It's been a frustrating year for still his receivers. But stuff like that, that is just they don't just don't. They don't do things like that.
Speaker 2: It's hard Adam Henry and get him from Buffalo, do something because they get there be a new wide receiver.
Speaker 3: You can shake back from Himo, because I remember Zeke shook back from his when that. I think they threw the interception and then they got him walking on the uh, walking on the field instead of chasing it down.
Speaker 4: Nobody.
Speaker 3: What you remember Zeke for now is up there with New England going to make a game save and tackle. Uh, you know, having the biggest game of his of his year that game. So I think he'll be all right. But yeah, ever I receive it comes, Yeah, yeah, they ain't got him fired. He got him fired on Christmas Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: If Zach can't go, where's the conference level at mine?
Speaker 3: You know, what my mind is is fairly low without at last time we didn't have him was in the Arizona game and that didn't go well for us. So I think that's there's where you know, that's a pressure position for us. We like to do a lot internally, and that's Mike has gotten this offense going. When we've seen him at his best is when the running game is operating in between the tackles. Guys like Zach Martin does also pull out. Uh, but you gotta get up. You got to get behind Tyler Smith. Now, you know, your left side of the offensive line has been playing good, so you know, let those guys get out and do what they do just kind of mask not having them in there. Where I worry about not having him is in pass protection. That's the biggest part for me. My confidence level just get lower and lower every day. We get lower and lower every day you start talking about Zach Martin, even if he just may not be healthy, like it worries me. Defense worries me, our ability, our lack of ability to stop the run. And then what we put out there on offense last week worries me as well because we were rolling, but we were all just waiting to see if we were going to be able to get that I'm proof and consistency, and then we ran into a bus saw I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: It looked bad. So how do we respond?
Speaker 3: I think that's what I'm more worried about, because I think, you know, for us to be what we want to be moving into the playoffics, we're gonna be an offensive team and our offense has to be able to show up.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, let's end it. Let's end it right there, Joe Ka, All right, tomorrow we'll have to make the pick because it's Danny's last show of the week, because he gets ready to go through the Cowboys youth camps over at and T saves So Danny Kray, Thank Harrison new He scrugs for Chris Bean, Jazz, Big Will, Josh, Everybody's a part of the show. Thank you for watching Dallas Cowboys I Come Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.