Speaker 1: The volume. Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 2: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster slams to dishing the rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's colled money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wired text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by Cola Garth, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 2: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening in early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk. You begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with col of Guard tests. The colon Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, no liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures. Plus Coli Guard test is affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars, and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive coli Guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of order and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com, slash podcast. The colon Gard test is intended to screen the dose forty five and order at average risk of col director cancer. Do not use cold guard tests if you have had adenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of col directal cancer. Color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies high risk patients. Color guard tests in adults forty five to forty nine is estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older. False positive and false neggaves can occur. Color Dark is available by prescription only. Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious voice on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to.
Speaker 1: There's nothing funny about it.
Speaker 2: Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population.
Speaker 4: Five G speed not available in all areas.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for staying up late with us for another episode of Nightcap brought to you by boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot Com to join their nationwide five G network today.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, We thank you so very much for your continue support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stock. If you can't find it any city or state near you, order it, we'll ship it directly to you. What better way to celebrate twenty twenty five. Hopefully your twenty twenty five is going amazing, Shave by Laportier will make it even better. Please drake responsibly and stay safe. Make sure you go follow my media company on all of his platform Shay Shaped Media and my clothing company eighty four. We just dropped the Nightcap and Chill collection on Friday. The link is penned at the top of the chat. Supplies are limited. Once they're gone, they're gone. The Hornets to come to La beat the Lakers. It was a rescheduled game. Remember they were supposed to play earlier in the year, but the Palisade fires forced this cancelation, so this was the makeup game. The only game on the dock at tonight, and the Hornets come into La and They win thanks to twenty nine points from Mile Bridges twenty seven points from LaMelo Ball who hit the floater that really iced the ball game. Lebron misses threes at the buzzer, but the Hornets win one hundred and ninety seven. Roy mister Cupler freed refree throws and Austin Reeves got kicked out. He felt he got filed filed by Yusuf Nurkic and it was his first career ejection and the Lakers lose to the Hornets, which was inexcusable. No matter what happened with Austar Reeves, when you got Luca and you got Lebron, you still should have enough to win the ball game.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately they did not win.
Speaker 2: Lebron scored sixteen in the fourth quarter, but it was not enough, as the Hornets come to La and win the game by the score of one hundred to ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Oh joke, Yeah, what do you think? Hey?
Speaker 5: Listen, First off, I'm gonna skip right, I'm gonna skip the beginning of the book, and I'm gonna go to the last page of the book.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 5: The last three minutes of that game, uh, the last three minutes of that game, LaMelo Lebron, LaMelo Miles bridges Lebron. But anyway, the first half very rusty. Definitely, you could tell they coming off an All Star break from both teams. Luke and Lebron early on in the game showed shade and what they could have been with those two have been.
Speaker 1: Could it can be?
Speaker 5: Actually, you know those with those fast, great points scores early in the game. Outside of that, it always comes down to Rui at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: You gotta hit those three throws. You got to hit those free throws to.
Speaker 5: Give your team a chance to put your team in position to win the game where it doesn't come to Lebron having to make one of those last three point threes at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm looking at you right. It's gonna take some getting you.
Speaker 2: It's gonna take some getting used to Lebron and Luca playing together. You know, both guys are at their best when they have the ball in their hands. And unfortunately there's only one basketball and there's two of those great players, and so it seems like, you know, nobody wants to step on anybody's toes o Joe, Okay, Hey, Luca you're gonna you're gonna handle it, and you do what you do, Lebron, You do what you do. But it's gonna take a while, and I don't know if they're gonna have enough time, you know, enough time to figure it out during this season. But hopefully in the off season next year they can get it together. But if you watch the last two minutes, the last two or a half minutes of this ball game the morning is all they did. All they did was put Luke in pick and roll, m Melo ball. It doesn't matter. They tried, they tried to hedge it. They try to Doublin LaMelo give the ball up, he go get it back and he brings Luca guy again. They put him in the pick and roll, and they got a white. They got a couple of wide open threes, and then LaMelo split. They ended up taking Luca out. They brought Vanderbilt in, but that makes him really small, so now they got no remp protection. Lamello splits, it gets down. Here's the floater, and basically that was the four point lead that they needed. Lebron ends up hitting a big three, but they have to file. They go make both free throws and then Lebron miss two threes at the end. But Luca's gonna have to get better in the picking roll. They're gonna have to do a better job. They seem to be in control of this ball game. And then I think they allow the Hornets to go on twenty to something, twenty one, twenty two to one run.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I that can't happen, right, I got a Christian for you too, now, yeah, you speaking. Both players, Lebron and Luca both are comfortable liking to be on the ball. Luca tonight, to me look very uncomfortable out there. He's not used to playing with that, He's not used to playing without the ball in his hand.
Speaker 1: At the ball.
Speaker 5: So how long does it take or does Lebron understand that Luca likes to be on the ball. He's much more comfortable on the ball, playing in rhythm like that, especially in transition.
Speaker 2: Well, Lebron, Lebron doesn't have a problem. Lebron is better at playing off the ball than Luca. Although Lebron plays better with the ball in his hand, but he's still more comfortable than Luca playing off the ball. But at the end of the at the end of the day, O Jo, they we're gonna have to figure this out, and Lebron is like, okay, y'all, do y'all thing, and then all of a sudden the game starts getting out of hand. Lebron's a f desk, give me the ball, got it?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what it comes down to, A f dik, y'all. I done.
Speaker 2: Gave y'all enough opportunities. But that third quarter is what doomed them and the Lakers that kind of been there buggaboo the last four or five years. The third quarter they come out flat. They had what eight point lead, I think a seven eight point lead going into the half, and then they got get outscored thirty two to eighteen in the third quarter.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: JJ is gonna have to do a better job of getting those.
Speaker 1: Guys fired up.
Speaker 2: They can't come out their lackadaisical bullgea a round because the next thing, you know, a thirteen point lead. They have a thirteen point lead, O joe in that third quarter, and now all of a sudden they end up going basically they getting up going down in the third. Start the fourth they're down up, you know, up seven, had a lead as many as thirteen and now you go down because you get outscored thirty to thirty, two to fourteen.
Speaker 1: It's face farned. Listen, the game of basketball, list is a game of run.
Speaker 5: It's a game of run most of the time when those runs actually do happen, do you want to keep it as close as you can. You want to keep it as close as you can. But sometimes, listen, it gets away from you. It gets away from you, especially if you don't have a bench that can that can score consistently and give you and give you buckets when your starters aren't in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Luca's rusty right now, Oh Joe, you can tell he's rusty. Five of eighteen, one of nine from the three, he's averaging what fourteen to fifteen points a game. I don't know if I've ever seen Luke a play a stretch where he's averaged fifteen points a game.
Speaker 1: He do to have one of those.
Speaker 2: Games where he goes for thirty five, forty, ten or eleven.
Speaker 1: He do one of those games.
Speaker 2: Austin reeves getting kicked out didn't help because you know Austin, well, they got three guys that can really go get their own shot. Lebron Luca and Austin Reeves. Everybody else is dependent. Give me, give me a put me in a situation, run a ball screen for me, skip past, you know, hammer passed, do something, pin down. Those three guys can go get their own shot. Okay, Lucas struggling, he's rusty. Really the only guy that could that that's playing with playing decent. And Lebron didn't have it going early. It was like he's just letting it go. Because if you look at Lebron, what did Lebron have in the light, I think he had ten and a half.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 5: If he scored in the third quarter, right, and and so you know, it's so funny on how Lebron could pick and choose when to turn it on, and when he turns it on, he's efficient when he wants to take a game over and say you know what, like you like you said and that that that fourth quarter, I think had sixteen in the fourth quarter, yep, and saying.
Speaker 1: You know what, I got this this is ridiculous. Yeah, but then they did.
Speaker 2: Then they get they get lax on defense, leave wide open threes. Oh yeah, yeah, that's that's that's the problem is always going to be their problem.
Speaker 1: They really don't have win protection. I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, I understand they needed a big, but it's hard for me to believe that Alex Linn is a better big right now.
Speaker 1: Even at DWIGHTE.
Speaker 2: Howard age of thirty nine, It's hard for me to believe Alex Lynn. I'm not saying. I'm not saying Dwight Howard is Orlando Dwight Howard. I'm not saying he's Houston Rocket dwhite Howard. You that, yeah, he might, but I have just think about this, even though what you're saying about Dwight how being better at his age, has it ever been a scenario where a player who hasn't played I'm not sure how long it's been sing dwhite House been out the league.
Speaker 5: Has there ever been in a scenario like this where a certain positions need maybe be big, maybe forward, maybe be a point guard that hasn't played in a while, and he's come back despite his eighties because he's better.
Speaker 1: Than what you have on your bench. Now.
Speaker 2: It's hard when guys start, you know, start missing a year, two years, you know, I think the last time I'm trying to figure when the last time the White played. Well, hell, he's up for the Hall of Fame. So it's been a minute. Yeah, I mean, real talk, it's been a minute. But they don't they don't really have any they don't.
Speaker 1: Have any depth. Yeah, they miss a D.
Speaker 2: But you tell me, you tell me if a what team ad on and somebody says they offer you Luca Dantet that you're not gonna move it. Y'all think it seems like the Lakers, like the Lakers blew this. You're talking a guy that's twenty five, that's that's six years younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's injury.
Speaker 2: Forget forget Luca being nicked at the start of this season, missing all the games that he's missed. I think this is the first time he's gonna play fewer than sixty games in his NBA career. But y'all talk about y'all call the street close, y'all call it always dean, y'all call now all of a sudden, you make us have a little struggle down, y'all miss a D.
Speaker 1: Y'all miss ad what team wouldn't trade?
Speaker 2: I mean, they're on a halfful of teams that wouldn't trade their best player or their second best player for Luca.
Speaker 1: Doncics, right.
Speaker 2: Uh, Milwaukee probably wouldn't do it because it's reported that milklewalk they brought the trade to Milwaukee and Milwaukee said no. Probably they wouldn't trade uh uh j T for it. They wouldn't trade Yo Kic. Probably not gonna trade Shade. But everybody else game, everybody else's game, right, that's crazy. So but it's a disappointing loss. These are I mean, if you try to make a if you're trying to make a move, these are the games that you gotta that you gonna have to win.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to win.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to the Hornet they come to La get a victory. One hundred and ninety seven. I would like to be on I'd like to be a fly on a wall show in a situation like this where you a game that you should have won, because even with the players that the Lakers have, I still believe they're a better team.
Speaker 1: Than the Hornets, and you didn't win.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the coach said, because I know what the NFL coach would have said. He'd been cursing and kicking ish it ain't know, Hey guy, you know we just hey, we left some players out there, you know, the fifty fifty balls.
Speaker 1: Ain't none of that.
Speaker 2: You lose a game and your coach believed that you had the better team and it was because of effort to things like that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, cool, losing his mind? What hey, it's honestly, it's a third quarter. You could lock it on the third quarter. Third quarter is what every right away from him. It did.
Speaker 2: But how many times did Chad how you and y'all know you if you follow the Lakers, how many times did we said the third quarter? We say that year after year after year after year, game after game after game after game. I mean, I mean, at some point in time, I mean, they let the coaches know that, the players know that. I don't really know what else if there is to do or to say, except go out there and do it.
Speaker 1: Because it's not like we're breaking news. This is not no no.
Speaker 2: You know you got to open the FBI fousand and unsealed documents. They played terrible in the third quarter, and it has been a real current thing for the last four or five years. So I really don't I'm not I'm not sure what the issue is. I don't mean to be sure that's up the JJ Reddick and the coaching staff, Scotty Brooks, Nate McMillan.
Speaker 1: It's on them to figure that issh out.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about it is JJ can talk about it all he want, Scotty can talk about all he want, but a hell, when the players come out at halftime, they got to be the ones to execute it. They got to be the ones to come out with the energy. They got to be the ones to play on both ends of the court, of both ends of the floor.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, we know that the problem that the Lakers going to have with no A D it's defense because now they have no no back line of defense. They really don't have a guy that's really good in the picket roll defense. And you see, like I said, the last two and a half minutes, all they did was go pick and roll to the game. They put Luke and pick and roll with below handling the ball, and they got wide open threes and LaMelo iceter game basically with a floater. I mean, it's not complicated. Everybody see what's going on. I mean even the most like damn, they running the same play for a high pick put Luke in the picket, roll boom, get what I want. So that's on them to figure this out. At some point in time. I'm sure Darvin Ham had this issue, Frank Vogel had this issue. Now JJ have this issue, and a lot of these players. Offston Reeves was there, Lebron was there, Ruy was there. So at some point in time, even when a D was there, when he was there, the third quarter has been there, Bugga boot, They're gonna have to figure this is shot. Steve Kerrt to ESPN he wasn't mad at Kad for rejecting to trade a golden State. I don't blame Cavin one bit for not wanting to rerun things here. It took so much ish for like, oh, you're jumping on the bandwagon, and he's Finals MVP two years in a row and it's still and he still gets criticized, So why would he want to face all the best again. Katie was smiling to comment, That's not the reason why didn't want to come back. I just didn't want to get traded midway through the season. Do you leave KD a little bit?
Speaker 5: A little bit A little bit of me believes him, obviously, I think even though it was mayway through the season. I think through the experiment in Phoenix and I don't think it's worked.
Speaker 1: I think it's failed. Obviously, you know, you think failure. It was an absolut failure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was too And I think I mean for KD, I would I don't want to. I hate calling them ring chasing, but I would have went to the better situation obviously, going back over there with Draymond Green.
Speaker 1: And Steph and trying to run it back and trying to run it back again.
Speaker 5: And I think the missing piece for them to get them over the hum and probably give them the opportunity in the West would be KAD going back Because what's going to happen right now in Phoenix? Where are you going to? You think nothing at all, nothing at all, But I think you want to stay there. And if you know KD know personally and you watch him from Afar, and you know a story. He loves the game of basketball. He loves the game of basketball, and if if he's going to be hind the eight ball, he's gonna do he's gonna scratch, call and do everything he can to have success down there in Arizona and leave out the right way.
Speaker 2: I think the thing why Katie was so successful he didn't have to worry about anything but ball. See in Brooklyn, he had to be a leader. You see Hope, you see and and and Phoenix. He has to be a leader. Yeah, Steph took care of that. Draymond took care of that, Clay took care of that. So now he just gets to do what he really wants to do. Yeah, I don't got if we have no Peth talk, I ain't got to say pick this issue up.
Speaker 1: I ain't got to do none of that. I do what I do. I go home and chill. That's what he wants to do.
Speaker 2: Got the problem with that, A part of it, part of me does believe that he didn't want to get traded during the season and say, you want to you know, ride this lot with his boys, ride out what.
Speaker 1: I mean, what I mean, where you where you go? Katie? Listen. They started it off, they thought it was gonna work.
Speaker 5: They thought the trio with Bill, Devin Booker and him will work some magic out there in the West.
Speaker 1: And it hasn't worked itself out.
Speaker 5: But I just think the fact that he's bounced around from Brooklyn, you know, went to Golden State. He didn't want to continue that same trend and be like, here we go again.
Speaker 1: You know something happened.
Speaker 5: At some point when your relationships on you get tired and moving on man, you get tired of moving.
Speaker 1: On him, and sometimes you be like, you know what, I'm just think this one out.
Speaker 5: I know it ain't working, but I'm gonna stick it out and do it everything I can until it's time to leave.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you what he's leaving in the goddamn summer. Okay, So so what did you do?
Speaker 2: All you did the lady inevitable you was missering before another another three four months because they're not going nowhere. They're not doing anything right right right. They don't have any defense. They're just like they're just they're just like the Lakers. They got no defense. They got all those scores. I mean, you got two guys that really is the same guy. Book is more athletic now, and I think he's a better player. I don't think he is. I know he's a better player than Bradley Bill. But that saying you got all that scoring, where the defense at now they get high? You got on a given not any of those guys can go get thirty or forty. Now theyven relegated Bradley Bill to the bench because they're hoping he would wave his no trade claws and then they can trade him and get Jimmy Butler. But he's like, nah, I put that in there for a reason. I put that in there for a reason. I don't want to go anywhere. I hate am I not going anywhere. So whether you want me or not, you don't. I'm saying, no joy. Hey, sometimes it's cheap with a keyboard and that that's that's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: How that's crazy.
Speaker 5: How players You see the leverage NBA players have when it comes to stuff like that.
Speaker 2: He has a no trade, he don't have no leverage on you. He got a new trade clause. He and Lebron James one of the two players that have no trade, so that if he didn't have that, his ass was going.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: That's why I said leverage. That's that's that's all I meant. But you mean you mean to me you don't want me because I'm not as playing as well as you thought I should.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do everything I can.
Speaker 5: Obviously, injuries are hampered me performing performing to what we're used to seeing me play, like and I just got here and you're trying to get me to uproot my family.
Speaker 1: Man, child, please put this no trade.
Speaker 5: Claus in there is in there for a reason that there's a reason why, because that's the chick.
Speaker 1: Got the man coming off the bench, big got to coming off the bench. O Joe, Yeah, yeah, that'd be like you like, man, we want to move.
Speaker 2: You're like, nah, I ain't going okay, O Yo, you the flop? You a third receiver?
Speaker 1: Now? Third?
Speaker 2: Who you the third receiver? Now you want to be talking about Madden? Third receiver? You gotta know trade you don't they want to trade you? You don't want to go? Okay, you're the third receiver, right, I guess you going there. I guess you going there. Catch you get your little three four targets on Sunday and come on home.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, that's a lot of cardio bron, that's a lot of cardiofs.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 5: I don't, I don't, I don't. I never looked at it like that. But when you're making that kind of money, Oh you want me to play?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 5: Let me look at this. How much I'm making and that's all you want me to do? Okay, bet, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not gonna do anything to jeopardize that money, right right? Oh yeah, I mean he's Bradley Beal probably making forty five fifty million dollars a year. So okay, this all, Hey, this all y'all want me to do? Get y'all twenty eight minutes a night, thirty minutes a night, and ain' really no strain on me because I'm coming off the bench.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, he's going together me coming off the bench.
Speaker 2: A lot of times you coming in there there, you know that's the second you're going against the second unit. So I guess they say you can get your points that way because you know the ball is gonna go to KD book first. Those are your first two options. Bradley Bill has never been a third option. He's always been he was he was one two when he had John Wall. When John Wall left, you know it was I guess he had I think he had Russ. No, he had Russ for a year or two, but he was the first scoring option even though Russ had the ball in his hand.
Speaker 1: So he's never been like this.
Speaker 2: It's never been a situation where he's not used to being able to get as many shots as he want. He's a third option no matter how you look at it, all right, that's what he wanted, the best third options.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, you're still the third option.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, even as a starter, and I'm thinking about it, if I was a starter as the number one, that's say I was the number one in Cincinnati, same scenario. I go to New England and I'm the third or I'm the fourth guy because the option in front of me are better at that time in that specific system. That does something to your psyche, you know that, right, it does something.
Speaker 2: To take your word for it. I mean I wasn't you know, I wouldn't know like that. I wasn't no third option, no shoe. But I take your word for it. I believe.
Speaker 1: Here you go. You know some.
Speaker 2: I can't empathize the boy situation. I have a bet I have empathy for you. So you know what I'm gonna You know, empathy emforthing required you to divorce your ego, separate your ego and see yourself in a similar situation.
Speaker 1: So you know what. There you go, I go, yeah, pretend, pretend you, Bradley Beald.
Speaker 2: Right, Now I go from somewhere where I'm able to play freey now I'm coming off a bench.
Speaker 1: Or I can't take.
Speaker 2: I can't take a high volume of shots. So now I'm messed up up here. Not only am I messed up.
Speaker 5: When I do get on the court, sometimes it might head to take because I'm not in rhythm.
Speaker 2: That means I shot efficiency in shot selection has to be that much better. It something to you. Well, look, I'm gonna tell you what I think. When I got back, I got back to Denver, Rod was clearly the number one easy. Ed was coming off a severe leg injury. So you know it's basically me and Ed fighting for two three. But I mean there are some games, so you have been in that position where you were the three. No, I was always I finished. No, I never finished when I was on the team. I never finished. Once I became what I became, I never finished worse than second and catch it on the team.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand that. But when you say.
Speaker 5: I meet, I hear you. You're talking from a statistical standpoint. Yeah, I'm just saying you were that, you were three, No matter what, I was not the three.
Speaker 2: I was then Rod Smith and McCaffrey with the one with the one here, Rod was one. I was too and I was too a it was to be. I don't know what you're talking about. It sounds good, it sounds hey. They tell y'all better you better check, you better check it. It sound how hey? You tell me the time you've seen a third receiver? Get to fourteen to the game. What happened when somebody hurt you? I mean, what third receiver?
Speaker 1: You know? Just say it.
Speaker 2: I got you, I got your listen, listen. But but look, I understand. But for me, oh Joe, they're like, man, dang man, hey, you ain't catching no passes. And then they used to say, bro, I got to.
Speaker 1: Check the father. It's clear. Mh that's on y'all. I'm gonna make the same out of Monch. See.
Speaker 2: The thing that I love about this is that I'm gonna make the I don't get paid by the catch. I don't get paid by the touchdown. Y'all want to throw me t y'all want to give me ten targets, right, fine, if you want to give me three targets, I'm gonna make the same amount of money. So I ain't stressing out, I said, I'm too old now now. If y'all would have got me when I was in my twenties, I would have got me in my damn thirty. I got kid, man, I'm gonna get all this money i'm sumold to get. I ain't giving me, y'all issh back in a year or two. I'm gonna take my black ass home anyway, So y'all have ad it. I ain't get man, I'm not stressing out by catching no passes. I'm gonna make the same amount of money. Oh Joe, I'm gonna make the same. So it wasn't no strain on me. Y'all throw it to me. I'm gonna catch it. If you don't, you know a eighty four we probably should have gave you a more bro the game over. Y'all telling me what y'all should have done. They don't do it. Who the helping? All of this should make y'all mad, because that's what y'all get paid for. My job is not to tell you what I'm open on yo, y'all have said mm hm, y'all tell me. Let the coaches coach the players gonna play. I'm playing. I ain't calling no players. Now, what I would get mad about to come for a quarter? Eighty four?
Speaker 1: What you? Uh uh?
Speaker 2: What you like our life for this game to be over with? Y'all been bull y'all been bullguing for three and a half quarters. That's what I would like. I would like this game to be over with and so I can go on and get out. Hey, nah, don't be asking me no question. Now, Hey, y'all gonna spread it around. You know we're gonna spread it around this week. You know, aid Ed be ready, Rod be ready, y'all be ready backside of the backfield. Now, all that spreading around is ain't work right, hey, eighty four? What you what you like our life for this ish to be over with?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Come, I can I can pitch you saying that too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, now all of a sudden, O yoke. We got five minutes left, We down fourteen. What I hated being in that situation, man, I hated getting no empty calories because when the game was mel tung hung in the balance. Now we got four minutes, we down fourteen, we're on the ten yard line.
Speaker 1: What you look at? What you like?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd like to have more opportunities in the first three quarter. No, y'all keep calling. Y'all keep calling. Y'all cant calling what y'all was calling. Just bad ad, Hey, hey, bad plead. Y'all lifit to get my blood pressure up. I learned a long time ago. O yoe like I said. That's why I stopped putting in centence in my contract. Once I realized they can manipulate that and jacked me out of my one hundred grand I said, Man, I wish I might.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting another incentive.
Speaker 2: They couldn't give me a million dollars in my in my contract to go to the Pro Bowl or lead the team because y'all.
Speaker 1: What y'all paying me.
Speaker 2: I should do everything that y'all trying to incentivize without the highest payd tight end. I should leave my team and receive it. I should go to the Pro Bowl. I should be an all pro. I don't need no incident. Y'all messed with that. Give me my money. I want all my money. Hey, I ain't got nothing money saying it won't you got not one even if I come to work on time. No, that ain't nohing said it for me. If I make weight. Nope, I don't want that either. Nope, I don't.
Speaker 1: M hm. Put it all, put it all in there. Yep.
Speaker 2: Give me everything I'm supposed to get. Hey, Shannon, they're gonna pay you over seventeen weeks. This is what you ay. This is how much you make it. Okay, I'm cool with that. But man, I've been stopped worried about that. Oh yo, comes many when they jacked me out of me, when they jacked me out of them?
Speaker 1: What you call them? Said?
Speaker 2: Man? Man, y'all, ain't finna make me do something bad to somebody up in here. Listen, that's the game they play, now, that's the game they play. An anonymous NBA GM called out Adam Silver. Adam Silver is obsessed with tournaments lay in in season, not all Star. They're they're not proven to benefit our league.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, what's your think?
Speaker 5: I mean, the head guy saying that the tournaments trying to create excitement, trying to create viewers globally as well, and it's not benefiting the league. It's not benefiting the players.
Speaker 1: How is it not the n Cedon tournament.
Speaker 5: Isn't the n Ceding tournament allowing the players to make extra money and benefit them by having it being played in season.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess they're trying to drum up support because here's the thing, Oh, Joe Love, you got eleven You got eleven what seventy seven billion over the next seven eleven years, and so we got it because here's the thing. Is kind of like soccer, you man, you know, soccer got all the tournament. They got you copah and this one and that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, champion, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: So I think that's what you know, uh adamble Commission is trying to get a playoff that.
Speaker 1: The playing tournament. I mean, people didn't like that.
Speaker 2: People thought, look, I remember one time when the three point competition was started.
Speaker 1: Gimmick, I mean the three point shot.
Speaker 2: They're like, man, it's a gimmick right now, Look, everything is a gimmick until you get used to it.
Speaker 1: The forward pass was a gimmick, right yes, ford ps like, what do you do? That's a game? Man?
Speaker 2: No, that ain't gonna be now. Can you imagine a game of football without the forward pass or jo wouldn't make no sense, It would make zero sense. So look, I get what I get what Commission's trying to do. He's trying to do anything he possibly can to get eyeballs to the television to watch these games.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so to play in tournament, I mean to play in tournaments are always good, you know teams like look, normally one through eight you made the tournament. You know where you are. But now eight through ten you gotta play what? No? No, yeah, no, seven? Ept no, what is it? Seven play? Ten and eight nine play? And then that winner, those two winners play each other. And that's so whoever wins there the seventh seed and then the next two is the is the winner is the eight seed. But I get, I get what commissions trying to do. I get what I really do. Ocho, Uh, you gotta try something. I mean, you got this kind of money at stake, you gotta try something. Yeah, I mean the only thing that I can deal I can deal with all of the only thing I don't like the All Star. I don't like the All Star.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Yeah, the format is not not what it should be.
Speaker 5: In the gym that's playing in the gym, that's complaining about what what Adam Silver is doing.
Speaker 2: Why don't the gms have ideas as well? Why don't they have ideas to continue to grow the game.
Speaker 5: Why don't they have ideas that they run by Silver saying listen, I think we can do this. The players will benefit from it, us as owners will benefit from it, and those that are watching they'll enjoy it. Instead of saying or non the source complaining about what Silver is actually doing.
Speaker 2: Well, rest is so David Stern, You're like, look, y'all going to either play or we're going to call back some of this money?
Speaker 1: Which one you want? Be really that simple?
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have to beg guys to play hard, oh, Joe, if you're making one fifty two hundred three hundred million dollars. I don't really think it's asking too much. I really don't. Now I could be wrong. Chat and y'all might be totally disagree. Oh the season too long, and YadA, YadA, YadA. I get all that.
Speaker 1: The season isn't.
Speaker 2: Any longer than what it was the last fifty years. How long have they been playing eighty two games forever at a day? So this notion about all the games will know it's not, No, it's not. These guys should be in better shape because they have they know better, they got better training, they got better nutrition. They got spell supplementation, They got around the clock physios and trainers and YadA YadA YadA. They got chefs that prepare their food and cook whatever. So there's no excuse to play hard, to ask you to play harder. You making three hundred million, O Joe, damn, I.
Speaker 1: Got let me get. I don't an knee. I on't even need three hundred. You gave me one, Give me one fifty. I would play hard.
Speaker 2: Give me cause you know what, on Joe, I remember working hard when I was making five.
Speaker 1: Dollars a day. Come on, man, talk to me.
Speaker 2: I remember working I remember working hard, making ten making sixteen catching a thousand chickens, making a dollar a thousand, catch sixteen thousand chicken, sixteen dollars. I worked hard for that little bit of money. What the hell you think I do for ten million? It's twenty million thirty let alone three hundred and.
Speaker 5: If you think about it, I think if players, when they make that kind of money, if they understood and never forgot where you came from before you had that kind of money, and what you did to get to where you are. I think sometimes they lose sight of that though they do. I really do you know money? Money are changing now?
Speaker 1: It changed. Sometimes it change you for the better, sometime it change you for the worst.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes money makes you more what you already are. What are you? Oht your at your core? What are you when you don't have it? Because now when you get it, it exacerbates what you already are.
Speaker 1: But that's a good one, every boy. That's why people beat up even bro.
Speaker 2: If you got an eating problem and you on a college budget, what happens if I give you ten, fifteen, twenty million dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, hey, but at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Money, no money. Oh he changed what he got.
Speaker 2: But know he wasn't. He was always that. He just needed the money for y'all to see in his true self. Right, I saw that was changed. He's always been this he or she. I'm not gonna say he'll just just he.
Speaker 1: He or she?
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 5: Woman women as well, sometimes they ain't gotta be money. Sometimes it gonna be intention. Well, you know what happened when you get that you never had it before, and he started getting from everywhere.
Speaker 1: You get your big head.
Speaker 5: You know, you start feeling yourself, you know, you start overvaluing.
Speaker 1: The boy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've been I I get what Adam is trying to do. Adam is trying to grow the game, trying to because you know, soccer have these in season tournaments and all this stuff. We saw what hockey just had the what is that called the something for making for nations or something.
Speaker 1: What they call it was spilling Sweden, Sweden and the US. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, but one thing hockey, hockey. They be playing hard. They've had it once. Once you touch that ice, you strap up, you strap up. They they they they listen, you know what time it is? I think, Oh, Joe, I think, I think a lot. I think the difference Adam Adam and the players. He viewsed the players as players as partners. Right, they start me in that partner. I'm partner. I'm partner with the the owners. We partners.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. You'll employees, right, just like the NFL.
Speaker 2: The partners are the broadcast networks in the NFL, the employees are the players players, right, And they don't let you.
Speaker 1: They don't let you forget it as such. Uh and if you do forget, they will remind you. They remind you. He remind you, They remind you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they definitely remind Yojoe.
Speaker 1: The legendary LG, the original l G. Now we got a little l G.
Speaker 2: Ladadias by Dog wants Michael Parsons to stop podcasting and put his focus on football. He's a great player, but guys, let's do more. Let's play more football less podcast. Michael in particular, he'll have a movie, an action movie, The brother Got It, but don't forget where you are at.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: I like LT and anything coming from one of the greatest, if not the greatest, of all time, especially on the deepensive end.
Speaker 1: And he's talking about of one of the greats right now.
Speaker 5: I agree, but I kind of disagree, especially with the times that we're in right now. Michael Parsons, he plays really well. He plays at a very high level along with his podcast. The podcast doesn't take anything away from him on the actual football field.
Speaker 1: Between the lines.
Speaker 5: When the whistleblows, you know what you're getting with he left. You know what you getting from every time.
Speaker 2: Now when you look at them defensively, you'll say, well, they got some weak spots.
Speaker 1: Well, Michael only played in one spot. He can't be everywhere.
Speaker 7: Sometimes he's stretched lines sometimes, you know, sometimes they go down in the three. Sometimes they got him sit down there and sitting down there in the box at a linebacker position, moving around trying to find ways because he's good in space.
Speaker 2: Real will stop lying all that part. Oh, were gonna have it. We're gonna have it. We're gonna have a Ravens defense. We're gonna have a Sea Offs defense. But he's supposed to say that.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't. You ain't got to say nothing. Keep your mind shut on your No, you don't.
Speaker 2: You've got to stop telling these guys they got to say something.
Speaker 1: They did. But you have to believe in your team and who who you playing? Yourself? So how did okay, he says what he said? Okay, we're gonna win. When he don't win, how to make him look Ojo? Well, it make him look crazy. But you know, you know, can I say something real quick?
Speaker 5: Yes? And say he say something crazy all the time, right, Michael, Michael Parson's been talking crazy all season? It's you know this season when the Cowboys do play, you know, you know who do show up? What's off in the passing game?
Speaker 2: What about when they get the ball run down the throat?
Speaker 5: Hey, you know they run away from you, mam, They.
Speaker 1: Ran away from LT. What do you do You're right away from Reggie. Yeah, right, you're right. Listen, I mean listen, I mean l T. Has I understand we're in the time. We're in a different era. You know.
Speaker 2: Some guys they like to talk about the game of talk about the game of football after it's being played.
Speaker 5: They focus on it when they're at it, but in they're off time, they have podcasts. That's just where we are right now. Are things going to change if he stopped doing this podcast and all of a sudden he can I mean no, Michael Parsons is a player that he is. He's one of the great ones in the NFL right now at what he does, and it's just it just it's just it is what it is. I like, I like his opinions.
Speaker 2: Tan got a podcast that that's not that's got a podcast that's not him. Defends Player of the Year, but that's not him. You're you're you're calling there, let me finish.
Speaker 5: You call the names that are good at what they do at their pacific positions, but that's not what they want to do.
Speaker 1: Michael Parson wants to have a podcast because he likes to talk.
Speaker 2: Some guys want to win if some guys want to beat, some guys want to be famous and promote themselves. Now which one you want to be? Because see, the quickest way to brand, to build a brand, is to win. Michael Jordan brand, what is it? Matthew Johnson brand?
Speaker 1: What is it? Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes? What was that?
Speaker 2: Joe Montana? What were their brands based on? Joe Lebron, James Steph Curry. Hey, you heard everybody is name, You heard everybody's his name?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: They were ball dominant and were in control of those wins and losses. You talked about the defense that you talk about the defensive player, you talk about the defense end that can change the trajectory of a game. But had nothing to do with wins and losses. Oh but he definitely does did so? Lt didn't impact the game?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, we know that, we know. Okay, what about ray Lewis? Did he impact the game? Of course? What about Prime? I gay, y'all care? What about Prime? How was Prime? How was Prime's brand? What did that? You say that, yeah, he.
Speaker 5: Could impact the game, though, because you know Michael Parsons don't impact the game.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking you oh, I know a lot of guys to impact the game.
Speaker 1: We just you You do realize we ain't talking about no slous now we talk about no.
Speaker 2: But there's been a lot of guys to impact the game. There have been guys that impact the game less, but one more. Ain't got a bigger plan for Come what I'm saying this is the team game.
Speaker 1: I just I just wanted to just say to remember that now.
Speaker 2: All the game the team you mentioned Prime, do you see what team Prime was playing for?
Speaker 1: Do you see what else was around him while he was doing what he was doing?
Speaker 2: Guess what they went and got Prime? Jeffery Cisco said, you know what, we can't beat Dallas. We gotta go get pride. They ain't got pride. What did the Cowboys do? Go get it back?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, it ain't that complicated, though, Joe.
Speaker 2: I'm just look, I'm with.
Speaker 1: You, mean you right, I'm I'm with you? Are you right? But also we're in a different time right now, different we are.
Speaker 2: I think the thing, Oh, Joe, I think the thing is it's like, look, Michael wants to have a career after football, and it seems to be he wants it to be on the media side, no problem whatsoever. And I think what he's doing, he's starting out because I had I had, I had a radio show when I was in when I was in Denver started I think I started in like ninety six. My got Don Martin. I know you watching the show. He was at I Heeart Radio for a number of years.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Don is still there, but he was my producer. So Don and I we go way back, and so I kind of like, I really didn't know what what I'm gonna do, but I'm like, hey, they like, would you like to do a radio show? Like, yeah, how much y'all playing? He wasn't paying a whole lot o shoe, but it gave him an opportunity to talk. When they asked me to, you know, come in to do the local news, I held, I do that, but all right, and so I knew I would go I could do something in the media.
Speaker 1: I was always very candid, very straightforward.
Speaker 2: But I don't think they're they're ever a doubt that anybody that ever been with me. Ask my teammates. Football was at the frowfront. Anything that interfered with that wasn't gonna happen. So my my radio show show was I would take it after Friday's practice, go in there, hit that thing for about twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm done. I'm done. That's that's it for me.
Speaker 2: Uh. It had been very interesting old show. And Peter, I've gotten asked this question. If you were playing in today, would you have a podcast?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I'm too I can't. I have a singular focus. I'm only I've only been good at a handful of things, but not never simultaneously.
Speaker 1: M hm. That's why I'm not married.
Speaker 2: I was either I was good at football and a terrible boyfriend. Either I was a great boyfriend, I would be terrible at football. So guess what you want. I had to go, Hey, hey, Brack, but you talking now, hear me. I'm just being I'm just. I'm just, I.
Speaker 1: Just, I just.
Speaker 2: I'm just honest, O, Joe, I'm just honest. And that's why. So I have a singular focus. If you notice, when I'm good at something, i'm great at it because I'm all in. Ain't no he ain't no handling gretel. I don't save no broid crumb for the trip home, won't, Joe. I'm lost, right, I'm lost, don't, Yoe. I ain't got no navigation on how to get back. All I know is is once straight ahead, I'm going. We're going that way. I'm gonna get people to be with me that believe in I believe in the vision, and we're gonna go get it done. Yes, hum, But that's just me, Like I said, I think, see, the biggest mistake that we make is that we try to see ourselves than other people. Right, that's my biggest mistake. That's my biggest mistake.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: And and I'm i gotta talk because I think I can say I owe yo, honestly, I think I.
Speaker 1: Can save everybody. And you know, hey, hey man, can you do sure? No problem? Call Shelley, Hey man, we got this, Paul Shelley.
Speaker 2: And you know, if twenty five, here's fifty thousand, there's one hundred thousand here and and and and my, my, my, my, Marvin Marvin done my who's my agent and he's been my right hand man for twenty nine years.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, he said, you got to stop this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, he said, I understand, He said, I understand you better than most right, I'm an eighty three I think, he said, eighty three eighty four year old George guy. He said, but I know you, And he said, but you got to stop this year. He said, you can't save everybody. He said, you got too bad. You said you got too big of a heart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, saying I learned that quick and most and most of the time, you know that I learned quick. No matter how much you do, sometimes they forget about the first time you say no, every bad I just they forget about it. They forget about all the time you say yes. And I think that's mine, always trying to save a feeling I can, I can come in and put my cap on, or I got you. Don't worry about it. I got you. And every time on the back end, you end up regretting it. Every time, I oh, Joe, I don't regret it.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of times I give I give the charities, but a lot of times but I give it.
Speaker 1: But like I said, on you, I give it.
Speaker 2: I give with I don't have any expectations, right, get anything back?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Nothing, absolutely nothing. And Shelley called me the other day and says, uh, I said, what's up? Well, you need to stop getting away so much money. Yeah, I said, Shelley, you called out of the blue with that. She's like, yeah, so okay. And then I don't know if she talked to Marvin or Marvin called her, but he had the conversation with me today. So I'm done. I can't help everybody, Oh Joe, I'm done trying. Yeah, I'm done. I'm done. I'm done. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another because I.
Speaker 2: Don't have federal government capabilities, I can't just print money to stimulate the economy. I gotta make my money. I'm talking about it, literally, make my money old fashionable. I can't go print it. Brian, I'm good. I'm done, So don't ask. The answer is no. Moving forward, what's today, it's.
Speaker 1: A twenty eight to nineteen February nineteen. Now it's a twenty. It's the twenty.
Speaker 2: Where you are, so if you were, if you if you were in the Eastern time zone, no, if you're in the Western, if you're the Pacific time zone. In an hour and forty minute, the answer will be no. If my fathers going about to be off, so don't call me. No, hell no, oh Joe. The Cowboys overhauled their coaching staff this offseason, party ways with Mike McCarthy and promoting O C. Brian Schottenneimer. The Cowboys hired Arizona Carter's officsive line coach Clayton Adams for the open OC roll. Here's what Adam wants to see in the offense, the same thing I want to see, the same thing I want from every player on offense, and that is to create violence in the game. Be aggressive, run, hit. I think every decision that we made schematically needs to lean into that direction. So if there's a gray area, what is going to allow these guys to play more free and run and hit and be violent. Oh Joe, do you think the Cowboys will be able to create a violent offense next year?
Speaker 5: I mean no, Violence always starts at the forefront, right up front. It starts in the trenches. That's where the violence needs to come from. That's where the violet needs to come from. It starts with the front, the front five. They got to set the tone. That's where it comes from. Everything else is built off what that offensive line does, So that's where that's where it comes in at.
Speaker 1: So how is the offensive line going to be?
Speaker 2: Because everything he just reiterated everything he just said, is not going to be possible unless it's exactly like I'm just gonna throw I'm just gonna throw it out there, like the Eagles, m like the Ravens.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's it.
Speaker 2: Everything you want to do, whatever you set your eyes to, whatever you come into the off season or into the season saying you want to do offensively, it all starts with your officers line.
Speaker 1: If you ain't got that and they ain't got that, mentality, no, it ain't.
Speaker 2: Front the back, o yoe. You build front the back, old line back, d line back. Yeah you say that, but that's a mentality. You got it, But it's I mean, I take my head off the teams like the Eagles, who I don't know how much they hit, but they've taken a lot of the physicality out of it.
Speaker 1: Oh your cause, you can't practice like that.
Speaker 2: Where's the practice we had nine on sevene Hey we're putting you know, we're putting pads on people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 2: Can you you go out there and you do and walk through them all of a sudden, Hey turn it up?
Speaker 1: Turn what up?
Speaker 2: But it was a mindset, Oh we about you about to Hey, hey we moved a man against his will. Will think about that chat, think about what you say. You said, so, hey, get off my porch. I ain't going nowhere the hell you say you're fin the lead here and you do that over and over, O Joe, you gotta quit. Somebody quit today, and that's what Jack quit.
Speaker 5: By the time you get to the fourth quarter, they gonna quit, they gonna fold.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 2: I ain't quitting. Yeah, for sure. I gotta make you turn it down because see, I know how you run. Okay, cause back you know, back when we played, O Joe, we rolled your ass up.
Speaker 1: We were cutting.
Speaker 2: And I know you're getting up quick at the first quarter. Oh, hold Joe, they get a quick, Oh yeah, getting up.
Speaker 1: Hey. Hey, I'm still making.
Speaker 2: The players okay, okay, John top second, Hey the second quarter, old Joe, Hey, I'm still here sharp. Third quarter, bastay on my knees. Fourth quarter, he ain't nowhere to be ain't nowhere to be seen. But you got the It's easy to talk about something, O Joe. It's a lot more difficult to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The coaches.
Speaker 5: The coach could talk on the world to the coach can talk, he can he can talk, so he turned blue in the face. But unless you have the personnel and the players that have the mentality that you're regurgitating.
Speaker 6: The mentality that you talk about, man, that ain't they ain't. You ain't talking about nothing. You ain't talking about nothing. What you have is what you have right now. You can say whatever you want.
Speaker 5: You know your team, you know your personnel, So you gotta be careful what you said with your ass for because they're not built like that all of a sudden. Just because you have an off season don't mean they're coming back completely different next year.
Speaker 1: You are who you are, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zach Martin has been in Wars and he's been in one of the premier guards. He's one of the best guards that ever played this game. But he's had a lot of He got a lot of miles on that body. Ojoe, he's not the same guy. Yeah, you know, Tyron Smith had a lot of miles on his body.
Speaker 1: They let him go.
Speaker 2: H Still, they they they started to suffer when Travis Frederick had to retire prematurely mm hm.
Speaker 1: And they got guys now they're not they're not built like that. They not built like that. They can't run the football.
Speaker 2: See you and you how you know you violent when you can run the football. Yeah, that's where violence come in at absolutely look at it.
Speaker 1: He look at teams that can run the football. They're in a violent group.
Speaker 5: Notice when I talked about offenser lines, the first thing I said was Eagles, and I said Ravens. Yeah, everybody against the will when they playing getting Royd and not changing nothing regards to who they play.
Speaker 1: Detroit is another one. Oh yeah, Oh, I forgot to put the sulin and boys.
Speaker 2: They don't they don't play no. So it's interesting. I'm asked to see what they do. I'm gonna see if they're gonna be able to run the football down. Dell Is ric o'donald is a is a free agent. We don't see what they're gonna do an they running back position right, well, you know Zeke won't be back because they already let Zeke go. So now do they go into the draft. Do they get genty? I think they picked twelve thirteen. Will genty be available that that'd be a good one. Uh what running back? What running back is gonna be available? Aaron Jones with Minnesota, they pushed this, they pushed this. His date back, okay, could he become available. It seems like they want to get something long term done, get him again a couple of years. So it's gonna be very very interesting to see what the Cowboys do at running back position, and free agency will probably kind of give you an indicational kind of direction that gonna go with in the draft. Oh Joe AJ Brown brought a life sized mannequin to put his unwashed Super Bowl jersey on display in their home. AJ's longtime girlfriend posted a picture on Instagram.
Speaker 1: That's live.
Speaker 2: H point of view, Your boyfriend bouys a sixty two mannek had to put his game one Super Bowl un and four more.
Speaker 1: He indeed did not watch it. No, you can't watch it. Don't do that. That's live man, that's dope. That's that has to be one of the greatest feelings.
Speaker 5: And obviously coming from someone who never won the Super Bowl, played in one, but never won one, that's something I would do.
Speaker 1: That's something I would do.
Speaker 5: And you see for that moment and to be able to have it in your house man hanging up like that on the man again, full display mouthpiece and all. You don't see the mouthpiece he got the mouthpiece on helmety and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's live, that's live.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't have wouldn't have stuff where your super Bowl stuff at on the wall.
Speaker 1: Okay okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, on the wall. That's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 2: But I don't know somebody because you know they make it to jerseys and Baltimore. They gave me both of my jersey. Somebody got somebody never got got about thirty two and thirty three extra jersey.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me use the bathroom quick. I don't.
Speaker 2: But I like that. Got a shoe and everything on the mannekeut damn man jay uh I I don't know what the pants that I ain't Fenn lie and tell you now about the pants.
Speaker 1: I know I got the jersey. Uh.
Speaker 2: I gave the super Bowl helmet. I think Darryl Green got my super Bowl helmet cause I traded with him. I'm almost certain Derel Green got a super Bowl helmet. I got my Super Bowl Raven's helmet. It's funny that I traded. I remember going to the super Bowl. I went to the Pro Bowl. I traded Pro Bowl helmets.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was with Denver. I traded Pro Bowl heal with Jonathan Augdor. I got that that original h. I don't know Chad who a Ravens fan, but y'all it was like a wing or something, but it was it was kind of ugly. But Jao I traded with jo He and I had the same agent. He was with Marvin dem Off as well. So but yeah, I still got Obviously my jerseys are hanging up. I got one. Hell when I know for sure, I don't know about the pants. I don't know what the pants are here? Nobody I mean, I mean, the thing was it was like the thing was the jersey chore. Nobody even thought that jersey and the helmet wasn't nobody thinking about no no, no pants?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about your cliches, because you know you're cleasing sometimes you're cleasing me a special pair, you know, especially now it's somebody got him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think because like when I played like my last couple of years, uh, Nike, maybe Pat Levitcley, I remember the time. You know, you had to really be somebody to get get a cleak. Not everybody got a cleat. Hey, who who are the greatest heat today. I was like, dude on special teams and he's been to tell me he got your right. How you run down on special team and you got Pat Leather Georgans, O, Joe, you look good good.
Speaker 1: No, you're on special team.
Speaker 2: You get some get some some three quarters and going out there and met the tackle.
Speaker 1: You don't need no little talk, low top cleave Pat Leather. Uh.
Speaker 2: But I was like I was playing the shoot and then I was practicing, and I end up giving to a teammate.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Where your Super Bowl jer is at?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: At my grandma house. At my grandma house. My little brother, my little brother. He got most of my memorabilia. A very good friend of mine at Cincinnati. When I left Cincinnati, he has most.
Speaker 1: Of my memorabilia. It's just I don't I don't know what's wrong with me.
Speaker 5: Once I stopped playing the game of football, I didn't really care about memorabilia. I don't I don't have I don't really have anything. I don't have anything. Friends of mine kind of keep everything. And once I removed myself from the game, it wasn't playing it anymore, and I was at peace.
Speaker 1: I just let I let everything disperse. Those that know me, the volume